Speaker 1: I've never been a dipper bro, I've never dipped my old man. He's such a fucking dipper. You see all the uh yourn is dipper and used doctor pepper bottles. Is is he a big doctor pepper guy or doctor pepper bottles.
Speaker 2: Like you made that mistake? Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh, and honestly that mistake happened a year and a half ago at my spot that you that you were at when I lived over off a thirty seventh Avenue birthday party. Yeah, when he had came over and the next day I fucking took a swig of his dipper bro of his spitter.
Speaker 3: That's brutal, and it was, Oh my god, I think I think it's a rite of passage. Though like as a dude, I've done it on accident and on purpose.
Speaker 2: On purpose? Was it like to hear it? Yeah? Okay? So first of all, shot, bring bring out the Chevy had too.
Speaker 1: Like Earn, he's a he's one of the boys.
Speaker 2: UH baseball team.
Speaker 3: We're in the final four today they were playing Knoxville Catholic or something. Beat McAuley yesterday, go libscumb so beat beat the Catholic twenty two years ago.
Speaker 2: Today I found this out after already left the house.
Speaker 3: In this one of my dad's old players text me it was like, go, twenty two years ago today we won the state championship and they were wearing these jerseys, Like what are the odds?
Speaker 2: So that leads into why I drink dipspit. I was. I got out of school.
Speaker 3: One day and took a little victory post, a little victory lap around the neighborhood with a few friends after school, and uh so I had victory on my breath for sure, and on my fingertip.
Speaker 2: It smells like victory out there right now. Right when I walked in, I was like, God, it feels like victory. Jody Drama. So anyways, so I had.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I was dipping grizzly Natural all the time in my truck. It's rainy day. I'm going down Caldwell next to Lipskom Football Field. So if you pull out of the Lipscomb parking lot, take a right, go across stop sign, you go up the hill.
Speaker 2: You're going towards Franklin Road. That's the victory lap. That's well, yeah, all around that neighborhood victory laps. But speaking many victory laps around there, all day.
Speaker 3: So I got back in my truck and I'm leaving Lipscombs. So I'm going up Caldwell and I have a I have like a half full bottle of Dipspit in my cup holder in my truck.
Speaker 2: And me and this one other dude.
Speaker 3: Both roll through the stop sign going opposite ways, and this cop.
Speaker 2: All right, uh, this guy, now, are you by yourself?
Speaker 3: I'm in my own truck by myself now at this point, I had left the team of three and I'm on my way and it's raining, and me and this boat, Me and me and this guy both roll through a stop sign and a cop is right here, and a cop turns his lights on.
Speaker 2: I'm like, shit, I know my If he pulls me over right now, I know my breather. So I like go down.
Speaker 3: I get down the hill and I pull over and I just take a glug, glug glug at this grizzly natural, the saltiest. Hey Bob, and that's my dad, shout out, Dad, give him an answer? Did we can pause it?
Speaker 2: Hey Dad?
Speaker 3: Then I keeps up, Hey, I'm in the middle of a podcast right now, but I'm answering your call. But yeah, So twenty Jeff Baumgardner, let me know that twenty two years ago. Today was the state championship two thousand and one, and then the next one was next one was ten years later now without I don't know what day that was, but it was ten years later.
Speaker 1: A call to see if you're still proud of me? All right, all right, we'll see you bye. Anyways, back to Weed.
Speaker 4: You hang on.
Speaker 1: There is there a part of you that thinks that thought, like maybe I'm just in my own head. Nothing's gonna happen here, no, like what hey, maybe maybe vibrate, yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe vibrate vibrate. Now like maybe the cop rolls up, your window rolls down, he's like, oh, you smell like a winter brother.
Speaker 2: I didn't have that in my head at that point. I had word.
Speaker 3: I had Monsters Survival Man so important to on the back of my truck.
Speaker 2: I had a I'm on a boat sticker.
Speaker 3: I had a Beatles sticker, and I had a Bob Marley sticker.
Speaker 2: Just look at the camera. So so anyways, so I pull over.
Speaker 3: I just chugged this and now I'm like trying to keep down throw up as the cop is walking up to my God.
Speaker 1: I feel like that little spark down there right now, like, yeah, how fucked?
Speaker 2: I roll down the window. I roll the window. He's like.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, I was like, you could have. I was like, you could have pulled over either of us. The guy ran it too. He goes, I was gonna pull over. God, we were gonna kill that fly before.
Speaker 2: Did you dge that?
Speaker 1: I dude, I was about to say, put this guy.
Speaker 2: Through year thirteen with that kind of coordination Miyagi that fly.
Speaker 3: So I was like, man, I was like that other guy ran it too. He's like, I know I was gonna He was like, whoever pulled over?
Speaker 2: I was stopping. I was like he kept going.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, well shit, I should have kept going. But he goes, let me see your license. And at this point he doesn't smell anything on me. I would have probably been fine. I was in my head. But he goes, uh, let me tell you what I know a few things about you.
Speaker 2: He goes.
Speaker 3: He goes, I graduated high school the year you were born. Cool, He goes, Ernest is an interesting name. Yeah, he goes, Uh, you like the He goes, you like Saturday Night Live and go Yeah, he goes and you smoke weed.
Speaker 1: I go, why do you say that? He was like the bumper stickers dead giveaway, you just.
Speaker 2: Start puking all over the fuck. He was like the bumper.
Speaker 3: Stickers dead giveaway, Get home safe, it's raining, and I'm like, it's like I would have been font dude. I was so messed up about it for the rest of the day and I'll never forget that story. And every time I go through there, I stop all the way now and you just.
Speaker 1: Think to yourself, Man, I really wasted. Why in the fuck did I chug my own dipspin?
Speaker 2: That was like the dumbest stone thing I've done.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, this will, this will get rid of the weed on my breath if I just drink my dips Yeah, cop.
Speaker 2: Pulls me over. Oh my god, I'm going to prison. You just start fucking chugging the pit.
Speaker 3: That's like you see the dude that swapped seats with his dog and he got pulled over with the de h he got like what my man got pulled over? He was definitely drunk. I mean definitely something.
Speaker 1: He's in the passenger's seat and the dog's in the driver's seat.
Speaker 2: When the cock gets there, yeah, just looks up. Is there's some kind of issue here? Yeah? Fuck man, that's I'm sure he went to jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the pound.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: Speaking of grit and spit, how about we talk about the Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 2: You want to learn about this new Chevy Silverado EV. I'm intrigued.
Speaker 1: So the first ever all electric Silverado joins the franchise with the most valuable truck, the MVT. We like to say, the Chevy Silverado now is an all electric vehicle. We've got the chance to see this thing and experience it, and let me tell you, brother, what.
Speaker 2: Do you like about it? Wow? Wow, I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 1: Available four hundred mile range GM estimated on a full charge. I was talking to one poor bastard and he was like, man, I got this hybrid. I won't say the brand vehicle because no free shoutouts, but he was like, man, they say on a full charge, I'll get sixty miles. And so I was like, brother, let me put you on some game. The new all electric Silverado EV that's came out. You get four hundred miles on a full charge. Over ten feet in length in the bed with a multiflex tailgate combined with a multiflex midgate, so if you get caught in there, it's.
Speaker 2: A lot of gate, dude, a lot of gate.
Speaker 1: A large seventeen inch diagonal display screen. It can tow up to ten thousand pounds of max towing zero to sixteen under four point five seconds with wow Mode four point five.
Speaker 2: Your boy ran that at his pro day.
Speaker 1: Up to an impressive seven eighty five pounds of torque.
Speaker 2: Do you know what torque is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like where that's where things get to start really getting going here. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more. That is our uh, that is our presenting sponsor, the Chevy Soilverado. That's great, strong, dependable, I sould fast. You gonna buy one? You are Chevrolet? Yeah, I'm fucking Chevrolet, dude. Where do we go from here?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: My boy Mitch I was like, hey, give me the boy. I know Ernest has been killing it recently, but I need to be able to quantify. I need to be able to get my arms around everything he's done. Look at this list of of updated ship on Ernest. Good little list, it's a good list.
Speaker 2: The one that I'm like, had no clue about. Is you want to?
Speaker 1: An award in March during the Country Music Association Triple Play Awards, which honors songwriters who have written three number one songs within a twelve month span. Your songs were not all on Wallin's record, not all separated, Wallan's Wasted on You, Sam Hunt's Breaking Up was Easy in the nineties, and came Brown's one Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, that's fucking awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Triple Play Award is a is a sweet award because there's guys in town that have written twenty number ones, but the timing of them haven't lined up to where you get three in a twelve month period.
Speaker 2: That's my second triple Play.
Speaker 3: I got one last and I hope to get one next year. That's like, that's a it's not a ridiculous goal to set. I mean, it's cool, and I don't take it for granted. But we're just writing a lot of songs, and thank God for the artists that are cutting them and the people that are listening to them, because I don't know, like, I don't know that I'm doing anything way different now than I was doing five years ago. But it's clicking and I'm not gonna slow down now.
Speaker 1: There's gotta be like a momentum and a skill there too, Like you're like, thank god the artists are cut. But it's like you're writing songs. You gotta be in your mind thinking all this would be perfect for so and so, Kane Brown, Sam Hunt. Yeah, obviously you're very close with Walling because you've written what was it, eleven of his thirty six songs on his new album that dropped, Yeah, in March. But there's got to be a part of you. I mean, that's that's a fucking skill, bro.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. It's like you're figuring it out, figuring it out.
Speaker 3: And relationships are important that have grown, like my relationships with other artists too, because you can just bypass so much in between middleman stuff and just text a song something or.
Speaker 2: Write it with the artists. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've been I've been very blessed to be able to kind of wind up where I'm at right now.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna stop anytime soon, he said. I'm blessed, Like you're fucking you're a dog right now. Brother.
Speaker 1: Does it get easier like now when you like write a song or anything like that and you shoot up that text or anything else.
Speaker 2: Has it gotten easier for you to be? Like? You know, people are probably like, man, aren't a fucking rogy.
Speaker 3: Something sometimes, but like you know, the artists or artists so like putting the other cap on. They're getting a lot of songs sent, you know, like sometimes I doubt I doubt they're listening to it the second I sent them to them. It's like timing is everything too. Like I could send you a song you never hear it, Then I'll see you on a bus at a festival in three like, Yo, did you ever hear that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Then I'll sit down and play it and then your yo, this is crazy. It is like, yeah, it's being crazy. I'm like, hey, man, you should make what I have. You should make a song about how fuck it? Yeah, some hometown mom be like, yeah, I sent you this a couple of months back. Here check it out again. Yeah that happens. But moment dude, it's all. It's all about momentum, and just like anything else, it comes and goes in waves. And keep your feet moving when the wave is slow, and keep your feet moving when the when the wave is all for you, because when it's hot, it's hot. When it's cold it's cold. There's really no in between.
Speaker 1: And this it's hot or cold, when's the last time it's been cold for you? Being a minimi, I was on the bus. It was hot on the bus, but it was cold.
Speaker 3: I was out here drinking seventeen mimosas at ten in the morning.
Speaker 1: They come meet me over at the tavern. Yeah, all, let's order up some cocktails and like, brother, it's it's eleven a.
Speaker 2: M you were still playing ball? We were, I mean that was a.
Speaker 1: We're going to Logans after this, Dude Logan's road shout outsan road Logan, Dude Logan's I.
Speaker 2: Think is either close or what was close?
Speaker 1: At one point they were like, yeah, I would assume still close, like if they know what's good for him, And they're like, hey, can we you guys do it? Because they also alsop Riley Green too. Yeah, like, could you guys do a podcast in a Logan's roadhouse? We would love nothing more. Yeah, dude, didn't do a podcast, start doing all my podcasts Logan's Roadhouse.
Speaker 2: Are you firing your pod back up?
Speaker 3: Yep, we've uh, we've backlogged two episodes. I'm basically doing an episode a week now. I'm just doing it out of my bus.
Speaker 1: I had this crazy idea to start doing a podcast on a bus.
Speaker 2: I just I've never seen done before ever. I don't think it has ever been done ever.
Speaker 3: So we're innovative on that side. We're doing it off of the bus. It's pretty great.
Speaker 2: Is it still called just being Earnest or just busting Earnest? With the boys? Are you with the fellas? Able to say who the guests are? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I got Hearty. He'll be my first episode back. I just did one with Parker McCollum. I got Bailey coming up. I'll probably get young Glenny balls out here. Glenny's been making some waves, man, Lenny is a wave. He is a fucking wave. Dude.
Speaker 2: Seems like you can't have your boy Morgan on for what is it at least six weeks? Yeah, he's on. We just do like a vocal rest.
Speaker 3: We do like a be like doing a podcast with Stephen Hawking.
Speaker 2: Have been pretty crazy on the road. It's been a good time. We're blessed. Oh man, I'd love you more than my hometown were you were you? Uh were you with him?
Speaker 1: What were you torn around with when when whatever fucking happened when he strained them vocal cords or whatever, then it was called.
Speaker 3: Yeah've been with I've been with him all year. And be honest, bro, everybody's getting a little bit horse you see. People are are canceling shows left and right, Ingrid and Andrews just had to cancel some. It's real, dude, it's a grind out here, especially my man singing his ass off, like singing his ass off. He's I don't know if you've been you've been to have you seen a Morgan show?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: My man is working out there. So this is a good little it's a good little break for everybody. I still had shows. We're gonna pick back up and it's gonna be an awesome.
Speaker 1: Podcasters are even feeling it. Yeah, I was horse there for a minute. You've been going. Yeah, we keep the ship going. We don't win, yea, Yeah, we don't you talk, we don't.
Speaker 2: We don't stop.
Speaker 1: Because I remember when you were were talking at your your kid's birthday party? Yeah, Morgan, what's what's up, the more you're like, oh, he strained his vocal cord, Yeah, started talking about making that making that little real. Yahude, I went to the doctor. Hilarious, fucking it was a vocal posidas. Vocal posidon me, that's my own water what you were saying? Uh, do you guys ever bust his balls?
Speaker 3: It's all one big ball busting community around there. Yeah, like a send us a video. No, give me a ball buster, give me a ballbuster. You tossed Morgan when he had the whole vocal rest thing.
Speaker 2: I don't really give him any ballbuster on the vocal rest, just in general.
Speaker 3: In life, we just bust each other's balls or smacked the back of each other's necks.
Speaker 2: Like it's probably more physical ball busting. Oh, you guys do the slap next? Yeah, we slap next? Like are we talking hard? Are we talking like? Hey, give me your neck? We come for that neck flat pretty hard? Really Yeah, I feel like that's like a that's like a fighting gesture. Yeah. Yeah, we tussle sometimes. We'd be out here smacking. Yo, give us the fucking road story with the boys. Let's see here.
Speaker 1: You can't be doing these shows like you guys are doing these shows together, like you guys are like best fucking friends out on the road, Like I know, you've got to have something in the tank at.
Speaker 2: Especially as of recent bro the Flower Shops, so your little.
Speaker 3: DeLux I'm trying to think, because dude, the way our tours set up now, it's like run so tight ship professional. Like we all pull up, we all have multiple buses to our own crew, so like we got the parking, the back lots are full of like there's probably twenty buses. You get your own bus, twenty chucks. I got my own bus. My band's got a bus. So uh, we pull up and like wake up, have breakfast, maybe get a workout in. I don't really even see Morgan until close to showtime and then we rock a show.
Speaker 1: Are you guys just basically all on your own bus like pretty much doing our own victory I'm saying we'll play play it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm doing victory laps and playing skate three on my bus most of the time. And then like a lot of nights, my first time seeing Morgan in the day is like right before he goes on stage. And then I'll see him when I come out to do either Cowgirls or Flower Shops. We'll dap up boom and then as soon as I get off, I'm either leaving the city or going to bed, because he'll still have like another thirty or forty minutes in his set.
Speaker 2: That's like the juxta coolest thing ever.
Speaker 3: And then he'll tell you too because he used to have to do it with Florida Georgia line. Like sometimes you get off, you're done, You're done with your set, and it would be like, man, I'd love to just go pass out right now, but then you remember that God has blessed you with the opportunity to go sing for forty five thousand people a song that everybody knows, and you're like, yeah, I can do this, Like I'll be a victory lapped out just sitting on my bus post show in my sweats or pajamas, sometimes just straight rocking a robe and some goosey flip flops like nothing else. And then I'll be like, oh damn, I gotta throw some jeans and boots on. I'll tell you a funny story about something like that we were when we were playing in Staples Center or Crypto dot Com Arena. It's staple sending that, yeah, Kobe didn't die for them to change that.
Speaker 1: Crypto Digital Curcy and the Bloods are not happy about that either, Blood Dough. I'll tell you when you when you're fucking when you slow it down in the music world, you've got to get into the stand up world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I can't do both, man, I can't be you can't. Why not think of those shows.
Speaker 3: What do you get when Magic Johnson bites an alligator.
Speaker 2: Cater ades. So anyways, so we're at the Staples Center.
Speaker 3: We're at the Staple Center and Whiz Khalifa and Michael Phelps were in my green room smoking KK. Like I was in rotation with Michael Phelps and Whiz Khalifa and my wife Delaney dream rotation. I just couldn't believe it. So then Morgan's going on, so we all take the elevator.
Speaker 2: We go up.
Speaker 3: We got this sweet it's like top middle looking straight down and I really hadn't gotten to watch a Morgan show like that all year.
Speaker 2: So I'm up there hooked with.
Speaker 3: Michael Phelps, Whiz Khalifa, some other people were watching.
Speaker 2: Uh, Wiz pulls mine.
Speaker 3: He's like some KK roll by Whiz and I was like, yeah, yes, like Santa Claus giving you a candy can, Like it's like two good. So I'm sitting up there, can't believe it. I'm wearing regular clothes, civilian clothes. And then I look up and it's like, oh shit, I got twelve minutes before I gotta be down there, and we're doing flower shops. So I elevator rush, boom boom, throwing a new fitm lit walk out on stage. So in my mind, I've just been watching the show happen on the massive jumbotrons and then tiny little Morgan down here, big production, and I walk out there. I'm like, dang, that's crazy. Whiz can see me. Whiz is watching me right now, and this massive thing right.
Speaker 2: Because you're thinking how you're watching Morgan, You're so bag ya man.
Speaker 3: Right, It's literally I'm in my head. I'm doing flower shops. And after flower shops every night we throw roses. Morgan's got a bouquet. I got a bouquet. We go out and milk it at the end of the thing. You know, just play the game. You're playing the game, dude. I get my roses and I go out there and I see this group of fellas and one of them was a tall black dude. But I wasn't like oh, that's Whiz, because Whiz is up here in my mind right, so I just see I see the fellas. It's dark, I can't really see much. I was like, oh, I'm throwing roses to the fellas. Didn't think nothing of it. I get back to my green room seth. My manager runs in there.
Speaker 2: He's dude, Whiz caught your fucking roses.
Speaker 3: I was like, no way, Wizz this up there because no Whiz came down to watch from the pit. I was like, what, And there's this picture I would, we'll put it in post. Dude, Whiz is the happiest year.
Speaker 1: Whiz has his sunglasses on, He's holding up a bouquet roses and just cheesing so hard.
Speaker 2: Bro, that is so fucking dope. Whiz caught my roses. Whiz Khalifa, he whiz Kali, he whizz Khalifa. Yeah, dude, all the mixtapes and everything, like he was the fucking that freeze, the very first freestyle.
Speaker 3: I remember, like twenty ten or eleven, Like, Bro, I sprained my ankle go at a Whiz Khalifa concert at Vanderbilt my senior year at high school.
Speaker 2: In the basketball gym. I was trying to get from.
Speaker 3: I was one of those people who's like had normalized seats, but I jumped over the railing to get down on the floor.
Speaker 2: Lost a little bit of your athletic ability.
Speaker 3: We're gained it, dude. I went off after that. I went off. That was pre scholarship. Yeah, so I was like, you know, I'm trying to play it cool, but I'm also just glued to the couch with fucking Whiz Khalifa, Like this whiz. This is Michael Phelps, the winningest dude in all of Olympic history. And I'm pretty sure Olympics go back to Jesus time.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm pretty sure, dude, he has more gold medals than Jess.
Speaker 2: Think about that.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to get into our family that we will get later when.
Speaker 2: We started having fun. Uh, bro, that is sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and two of the most notable Yeah, well we smokers in all the time.
Speaker 2: Sea into my weekend coming up exactly Willie fucking Nelson.
Speaker 1: Bro are opening for Willie Nelson. God, dude, talk about the Yeah, let's get at a fucking run of a coup.
Speaker 2: I'll run him. Applause of that.
Speaker 3: That's one of those that that's one of those. You'd never dream up that lineup in a millionire especially like go back to twenty eleven. I'm at Jelly Roll's apartment over here in the cut getting dabs from Jelly Roll.
Speaker 1: He's just a rapper. I'm just a rapper, a sparring rapper. Obviously I was private school.
Speaker 2: He still number B rad Malibu's most woman in there. Oh my gosh, Jelly Roll.
Speaker 1: Fast forward, we got a number one song at country radio together, son of a Center. And then you guys are like, what's so dope is? You guys are like Nashville Base. Yeah, but you've both been on the bus. And your guys' growth and trajectory over the last especially as of recent is fucking.
Speaker 3: Crazy, bro and Jelly Jelly Roll is just doing it. He's on a different plane of celebrity right now.
Speaker 1: He's got a fucking documentary now coming out, just saying for American Idol.
Speaker 3: Which I mean, I know they got some cameos of me in there. Either that or they were just filming for no good reason. A lot you texted, were still in that thing, that thing on Instagram? Yeah. To go from that, yeah, to go from that to there's gonna be a poster on my wall that is Willy Nelson, Jelly Roll and me. That's like, I just got chills. I got chills too, and oh the little stupid bitch boy.
Speaker 1: Bitch boy, Yes, another one, another one, so that that is there you got, You're gonna be hanging up a fucking poster review Jelly Roll in fucking Willie Nelson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ordered a shirt from I'm a Jean Willie that has Willy Nelson's face on it. I'm for sure wearing it as I perform, Like, oh my god, I don't even care.
Speaker 2: I don't even care to get to smoke with Willy.
Speaker 1: I know it's fine. Dude's ninety. I'm blessed to even be in the same building as him.
Speaker 3: I know they got him protected with with all all like germs and all that.
Speaker 2: I just gotta shake that man's hand.
Speaker 3: If we get a picture to the three of us, incredible. If not, like we please sign up Bandana Like I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna fanboy for Willie Nelson. Never fanboy, but like bro and he's almost gone. That's what I'm saying for the for the for what I'm trying to do with country music, and where I pull inspiration from is more from that era than anything like the Haggards, the Whalens, the Willies, Chris Christofferson.
Speaker 2: Uh Highway, Yeah, the highwaymen. And it's like we're doing a show with with him.
Speaker 1: You at least have to allow him to hand you a joint.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'll go scrounging near where his bus was parked looking for roaches, like Willy roach. Gonna ask, I got a Willy roach. Yeah, that's it. Like I got a pack of cigarettes from John Day. I'll never smoke one of them, but I got a John Daily pack of cigarette sitting in my golf bag right now.
Speaker 1: I asked for one cigarette. He's like just taking the pack and I was like, what an honor? Yeah, And that's basically your father. That is my dad's Yeah, that's my dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Bro.
Speaker 3: This life is crazy because you go from I'm still such a fan of the things I get to do and the people I get to see.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan of my friends, like I'm a fan of Herty.
Speaker 3: It's it's like, but the barrier is broken, and I'm sure it's the same thing playing ball. It's like when you're on the other side of the field from Tom Brady, like you get a little tickling your dick.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Bro, there's no way you don't when it would grow up seeing these people and now you're in the same field of work with them, so it takes away the small talk barrier, you know, the little caution tape between you two.
Speaker 2: It's like now Mono and Mono.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, if I got to meet Luke Keikley who is my age, Yeah, but yo, you are you were fucking him, dude. But I'm with you, like, there's always an element to myself that you know, it's cool we get to do like podcasting and everything else, but anytime we get to meet somebody that is like of status to somebody that's like I've like look up to or anything else, I definitely like always want to take that moment about Yo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am a fan of your fucking work. Bro. Yeah, I'm like not too cool to be a yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's like that's the that's the best part, Like how gay is it? If you're just like start to posture with them, Like I can't speak on how gay anything is. I'm not in comedy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No, dude, I totally know what you mean.
Speaker 3: First of all, make it great again anyways, and we can decide as a.
Speaker 2: Team whether we leave any of that in there. But the gay you know, the gay thing.
Speaker 3: Uh. Taro is the world's largest car sharing marketplace. With Tarot, you can book any car you want for just about any occasion from a community of local hosts across the US, UK, Canada and Australia.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: I book an suv for a road trip, something easy and affordable for getting around on vacation or test drive.
Speaker 2: And ev I use it all the time. I love it. They got cool car options.
Speaker 3: You can even get a vintage car exactly, or something classy for a special event or photo shoot. Every trip is backed by liability insurance terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Find your drive forget boring rental cars at tarot dot com. Dude, the best part of what I do, for sure, And you know, and I think you two now being in the podcast like how You Cross lifestyle, like the like the beer Olympics are gonna be athletes, comedians, musicians, and I love like, I love comedy so much so like I love comedians Bert like Shane Jane's maybe the best comedian on Earth Bro at this time in the world.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's like, yeah to get I'm you know, meet.
Speaker 3: THEO at the well for coffee and kick shit for twenty minutes and be on my way home and I'll see you when I see Like I love getting to hang with those types of people and like minded individuals because I do love comedies so much, and it's like, God, it's not all so serious, you know. And then you get to meet these people and they're just staying. They like hanging with us because yeah, some different yes, man.
Speaker 1: It's like especially like like comedians, it's always like athletes want to be entertainers. Entertainers want to be athletes. You got the you know, the entertainers want to be comedians. Comedians want to everybody like everybody wants.
Speaker 3: To nobody's happy with them, No one's That's.
Speaker 2: Where the best comedy comes from. Too.
Speaker 1: We were at Shane's like I was on a Shane's Secret podcast yesterday. It either drops either dropped listening to this on Thursday, either drops today or dropped yesterday.
Speaker 2: But dude, and just seeing the way Shane lives like.
Speaker 1: My man lives the dorm room college life thirty five year old talking about sharing a townhouse apartment's got three people downstairs, a couple of people right there in that main floor, and then him and his boy Matt live upstairs. Yeah, and just like a massive like you just said, one of the best comedians going right fucking now, just literally like, oh yeah, we'll get into this podcast, like after we do a few games of UFC and we're like passing the stakes and everything else.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. He's like, yeah, this is He's like, this is it.
Speaker 1: He's like, this is why I couldn't do the morning because you know, we wake up a little later, like one man's morning is another man's afternoon. Yeah, but I'm just not even like, bro, why do you want why are you living like this? He goes, dude, I'm saving money. What are you talking about? That's a good that makes a good comedian.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, THEO shows up driving a Nissan truck, like an older Nissan trucks, Like you could be driving anything you want. I appreciure, but it's like that would it'd be weird if THEO vonn hopped out.
Speaker 2: Of a range robe, no doubt, Like you know, like I.
Speaker 1: Said, if Shane did say, we're walking up the stairs on my brother, you live amongst the people.
Speaker 2: He because it's what makes comedy good. It is, bro.
Speaker 3: I seen THEO literally driving you remember when he posted, uh he had the black nutcracker.
Speaker 2: He So I just picked up a Cat Williams statue.
Speaker 3: I ran he had he had like a lifestyle life sized nutcracker last winter that he got from like Michael or something. And I ran into this man at the well in Green Hills and had that shop by the way, that fucking statue is in the back of his trust.
Speaker 2: Picked up Williams. You know that is so pull up.
Speaker 3: In a little old truck with a big black nutcracker in the back that he's calling Kat Williams.
Speaker 2: Only a comedian, Only a comedian.
Speaker 1: Bro. Their brains think so much differently, man, it's insane, But I do think your brain like That's why I'm always like every time I'm around John Nuts, like you got any new jokes you've written up by I think you're a funny cat. Thank you.
Speaker 2: You are too real, recognize real.
Speaker 1: But there's something about the people, like you know, Jelly's fin It's like you guys being able to freestyle and think on your feet and be so witty. It's just always impressive to like witness that in real time. Like my brain operates slowly, you know what I mean. I got dial up Internet going on on my head, Like me, I gotta sit down and actually think through stuffy.
Speaker 2: Like and make a whiteboard and stuff. Are you a Virgo? Yes? You know that is hilarious. You just called my ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's so virgo virgo fucking horoscope ship thing?
Speaker 2: The dude, god? What are you? Two wing three, three winged?
Speaker 1: No? No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ye three three wing two, three wing four? What's the four? Oh? But yes? An achiever? Yeah, you're a yeah, an achiever? Good drinks? Like, hey, we we.
Speaker 3: Get along, we mix up. Nice. What are you in your graham? I'm a two wing three?
Speaker 2: What's two? Help her? I must not be I'm an achiever three? Oh yeah, so you're a three. You're a three, So I'm pretty sure that's what that is. Yea, yeah, just say oh you're you're a you're a rescuers. I like, yeah, I need rescuing. Like Delaney might be a fucking two. I think she might be a two.
Speaker 1: She's a virgo though, Yeah, she's a virgo we've talked about at backstage.
Speaker 2: She would know more about the Nagram stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, the the astrology thing is is pretty funny to me.
Speaker 2: But like they show is religion, so it's you.
Speaker 1: Know, hey, but there's nothing like like thinking the astrology stuff is bullshit and all that. All those things right, but when you're reading some of those personality traits, I'm starting thinking old Like somebody, hang on a second, Yeah, any wait, how did you know that I had a TV coming in this week?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Now would be a good time to buy a fifty seven inch plasma speed.
Speaker 2: It's like, what I just bold of those? How did they know? Yeah? But that's ship.
Speaker 1: That stuff messes with your mind. I'm fucking I'm into it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah I did too. I like, I secretly love it. Like if somebody's making fun of it, I'll join in.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, some people wake up and read Jesus Calling. I wake up and read Saturn is Returning.
Speaker 2: Oh where were we? What were we fucking talking about? Yeah, we've been all over the place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking about THEO picking up Cat Williams qiquitted freestyling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, du Yeah, I think I think your podcast rocks and Taylor, but you're not here now, are you. So this podcast rocks because of the people you have the common theme with people you have through with the exception of you know, a few coaches and stuff like that who have different brains. Yeah, like, for the most part, we all just like to have a good time, and they know that this bus in this podcast is just about a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially when you know, like, Okay, I can cut it up a little bit. Yeah, I don't have to feel like, Okay, maybe what I just said there, like I know it's wrong. It's gonna get cut out of here already. Baby.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, baby like to lean in a certain way. I like to get some click. We like to get some traction out there on the net. Yeah. But man, just thinking all you have left now is Snoop Dogg. Have you smoked the Snoop?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: It's like Snoop Snoop Dogg, Willie Nelson.
Speaker 1: But I'm just gonna throw in Michael Fels because of lack of thinking of somebody else.
Speaker 3: But that's that's a I would be one that's more. I gotta smoke with Seth Rogan. I got smoke of the Rogans and and Snoop. So when we were in Auckland, New Zealand, we we got like in touch with this the VIP of concierge to like hooks up all the rappers with like a foreign care and weed when they.
Speaker 2: Get over there.
Speaker 3: So I got when I got to Auckland, I had like this crazy little Mercedes sports car and he gave me the rest of the weed that Snoop had left in Auckland.
Speaker 2: Was like a bounce and a half of like weed.
Speaker 3: And then we got into We flew from Auckland, not with the bud because we were getting more there. We got somewhere in I think it was Sydney, and they brought us a bag of weeds and uh Lamborghini Urus and it was like, dude, I'm out here living like a rapper on a country kind of country tour in Sydney.
Speaker 1: But low key that you're that's that's the way you want to be on like you you started off.
Speaker 2: You know, I love that ship. You had to, you know you had to, you like started off like the whole.
Speaker 3: And if I get to live my rapper fantasies without like you know, actually ever having to rap and.
Speaker 1: Low key bridging some gap to where you're doing like kind of both.
Speaker 2: Well, Bro, that's not like we got that song I wrote.
Speaker 3: Well, I helped Morgan write a verse for this Little Dirk song that's coming out on the Little Dirk Broadway Girls, Little Dirk Morgan. I think you know, I don't know. I think we're gonna have like a money bag O song with Morgan probably at some point I help Penn, like I get to have a foot in the like the rap game. It's not like I got fucking Coolio on a song. It's like we're no, we're in the streets with the rap shit.
Speaker 1: And the boys woke with you too, like Wi's cleave ahold now book, goddamn roast cheesing Bro.
Speaker 2: I gotta find that photo, bro, And well boy, you got respect out there.
Speaker 3: Man, trying, trying, but it's like back to just let's let's just have a good time. I think it's disarming if we know we're just gonna have a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. Segueing with the Snoop Dogg, I'm saying that she just had something drop.
Speaker 2: What was the song on? What'd you just raase after You? I just put out.
Speaker 1: Spotify single night Life, Oh oh oh yeah, with forty nine win chests came out.
Speaker 3: It's an old Willie Nelson song came out today, came out this morning, Shout.
Speaker 2: Out the Boy. But what I was talking about Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 1: He just had a viral clip talking about the streaming industry, specifically Spotify on have you seen it? And you bring it up, you can take time and cut out the dead space, but uh, basically Snoop is calling out the streaming industry, like we got to do a better job of taking care of the creators. Because back in the day, when you would sell you know, thousands, millions of CDs and everything else, you're selling them out of your vehicle. You're you know, it's it's a physical CD or tape or whatever that you can buy and you would see profits from that, whether you're doing a split revenue deal or however you're getting paid from your label. And now with streaming, a lot of things are exclusive to streaming. You're not really selling those records, you're not really selling those CDs. You're not really seeing like when you go to I think he compared to two with the box office, Like, you know how a box office when you get when you sell x amount of tickets and you kind of see that revenue generation. You know, the talent is able to split inside of that revenue stream. Now with the streaming industry, with Spotify and everything else, it seems like Spotify does a you know, it's really buttoned up to kind of take advantage of the creator instead of sitting next to the creator and allowing everybody else to make their fair share in the whole thing.
Speaker 2: And we can listen to throw on the headphones also look at this. So man, man, we gotta send that. Send that do you have bloss numbers? Send?
Speaker 4: You're talking about it because I don't understand how the fuck you get paid off of that ship. Like I mean cause somebody explained to me how you can get a billion streams and not get a million dollars Like that ship don't make sense to me. Like I don't know who the fuck running the streaming industry, if you in here or not, but nigga, you need to give us some information on how to fuck to track this money down because one plus one ain't adding up to two. That ship don't add up. And I have to say it because that's the main rite with a lot of us artists is that we do major numbers with streams in this ship, but it don't add up to the money. Like, what the fuck is the money? When I first came out, my records would sell based off of physical If you sold a million copies, that means if nine ninety nine nine million dollars you get this percentage.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 4: So if I sell how many streams, how much money do I get? It's not being translated and it's not working for the artists right now. And I just want to speak to that hitting the news againustry, like that's fucked up and we need to find a way to figure that out, the same way the writers are figuring out. The writers are striking because streaming they can't get paid because when it's on the platform, it's not like in the box office. In the box office, if it does all these numbers, you may get up, oh it did this meant here's another check. But on streaming, you got three hundred thousand hours that somebody watched your movie. Where's the money? And I know I'm going off a script right now, but fuck it, this is business.
Speaker 2: This is business.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This is a room full of business people.
Speaker 4: Somebody may hear this and be able to do something about it, so that way the next artists don't have to struggle or cry or try to figure out how to get to his money, because some of these artists are streaming millions and millions and millions and millions of fucking streams and they don't got no millions of dollars in their pocket. So I just wanted to say.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, yeah, talk that call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like you can't get up there. I can't get in front of a bunch of people and talk like that right now, just in the position i'm met, I can't even really comment on it other than I agree.
Speaker 1: I agree with him, Yeah, And is that too As it come from, it's probably a multitude of things, being probably being with a label Spotify, contracting this.
Speaker 2: That the other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And and for me specifically, I have like several different way means, you know, ways to get money. Yeah, of you know radio, that's why that radio singles and radio number one is where music is, where music makes the most money.
Speaker 2: And so it's just gonna take time.
Speaker 3: And I think that I think something just passed recently where we're actually getting more of a percentage now from Spotify and streams, which is good in the right direction. And I think as time goes on and as more subscribers are in that pool, then the penny looks bigger. Yeah, But I I agree with that, bro, because especially like an up and coming rapper who doesn't have a deal, but a song's gone crazy on TikTok and then they're getting like forty million, you got fifty million streams on a song on Spotify or across streaming platforms, like that show across.
Speaker 1: Streaming platforms, you're talking Spotify even even like Instagram, Uh, TikTok, like when they're using it, like.
Speaker 2: I believe started monetizing.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like like Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, all of the places you can stream music.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, if I'm just an up and coming kid doesn't have a label and one of my songs that I've uploaded onto my Spotify account takes off and goes crazy and it's on all these playlists and it has forty to fifty million, He's right, that should translate to substantial amount of money in my pocket. Doesn't right now and definitely ain't going if the if four dudes wrote it I get a few hundred bucks ock man, Like I just asked my business manager about this here today and not to talk about my finances, but this is like I was like, yo, what so I had eleven songs on the Dangerous album that I wrote. Two of them are number ones maybe and then Morgan am and eleven on the most recent one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So just Morgan songs alone, twenty two songs off the last two albums, not including like Heartless, Brought and other things. Morgan songs alone. You gotta look, I mean, you proof. Let's see here, Let's give you an idea.
Speaker 2: You prove go to Morgan's are you bringing up at Spotify?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You proof has three hundred and six million streams wasted on you as four hundred and fourteen million streams one thing at a time, one hundred and fifteen songs.
Speaker 2: You're over seven hundred million, right, You're at a billion? So so yeah, so that's true, You're a billion.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm and with all of the songs that I have out streaming, not just Morgan, just every song that I make money as a songwriter on on Spotify.
Speaker 1: Your thinking just writing alone? This isn't yours as a songwriter. So the King Brown, the Sam Hunt song, all.
Speaker 3: That, all that I'll make probably I'll probably make like four grand a month off of that. So at the end of the day, maybe fifty five thousand dollars a yek off of billions of streams.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, bro, yeah.
Speaker 3: That is once it's I mean, even if it is split up to co writers, you know, like it should be more money than if it was the nineties and if we were getting paid like songwriters are getting paid in the nineties. Bro. Yes, it's like writers just used to be balling out, like if you had twenty two album cuts.
Speaker 2: On Arth Brooke, Yeah you are Garth Brook. Like you know, it's like it has changed.
Speaker 3: That has changed, and that that will it needs to balance out because you know, I'm I'm gonna be all right, but that's like for sure, Yeah, yeah, you're just aw somebody.
Speaker 2: That's the only way somebody's gonna be making some money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they need to be making more money in that to translate how many times that song has been listened to.
Speaker 1: And let's just let's just say out of it and you those are like three songs that could take up a billion streams.
Speaker 2: Let's just say, out of that billion.
Speaker 3: Labels are getting paid from it. That's where the money, the money will get back to the labels. They're making tons of money they own masters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and which.
Speaker 3: You know, revert back to the Jelly Roll episode on here and he breaks that down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he does a good job breaking that down since he's like an independent guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but let's just say out of that billion on the just picking three songs, let's just say a million people bought a CD or or an album or record whatever it is back in the day.
Speaker 2: Any hard copy like Walmart. And you even just made two off that million, like to the Moon. Yeah. Yeah, I mean you're you're Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: You're making a lot more than fifty five thousand dollars a year across all these songs that you're gonna talking with your business manager on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you know, yeah, because I was just curious, I didn't have My father in law asked me that the other day because it is a it is a hot topic right now, and he was asking.
Speaker 2: I couldn't answer.
Speaker 3: So I recently just asked Ballpark, and I was kind of shocked because, yeah, you look at just those are only two I can see the numbers on that I written.
Speaker 2: But you're almost to a billion right there on two of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta imagine you add the rest of the other twenty up, you're probably on another couple of billion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, And I don't know what the fraction is.
Speaker 3: What's what's what's fifty five thousand dollars versus two billion?
Speaker 2: Bring that up?
Speaker 1: We gotta we gotta fucking calculate his dad. Yeah, I mean you're in the point. I mean, you're in there. You were complaining, No, I know, but you're like you're you're just giving you're giving content context of what this industry is like. And it's yeah, it's yeah, I didn't take it as all like you're bitchy. At the end of the day, that is what it is like. When you're when you're performing, you're adding a lot of value, and it's like, man, this is stuff is really getting capitalized on. And you know, the amount of work and the amount of time you put into something, you're curious how the business model does look. Yes, I mean it's like if you're putting in all that work in the industry that you're in and you're only making let's just say you're making fifty five thousand dollars a year, just period. Just I throw all your like, Okay, maybe I go look at the getting the insurance game or self some medical medical equipment because you know, let's let's do away with the music. Yeah, no, seriously, but I mean, dude, that's what There's a lot of. There's a lot of. I mean now, I'm a publisher too.
Speaker 3: I have a publishing, the Cadillite Music, and I got I'm signing kids to write songs. It's like, I want them to be able to make a living writing songs, even if they don't get a radio single number one, Like, but if they have a song that pops off, Like, guys need to get paid because the song's popping off. Yeah, don't matter if radios picked it up or not. It should get that way. And I think it will, and I'm hopeful that the machine will continue to grow.
Speaker 1: We keep training in the right direction, and you need guys like Snoop and all these other ways.
Speaker 2: It's like you know Cerever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's almost like you need It's like at times you need quarterbacks and the best players at every position to kind of like they have the microphone to kind of say those things because they're a little bit more, they can afford to do those types of things, they can afford to step out from. Yeah, exactly exactly what was that fifty five thousand divided by two billion?
Speaker 2: Look at their point zero zero zero zero two seven five.
Speaker 1: That's like how much you get per stream on a two billion dollar or two billion streams.
Speaker 2: That's until it make fifty five thousand dollars a year. That's how many get per stream. Not good at math, but you do it. Yeah, we're not good at math, but do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even if that rule comes into effect, how does that change for people who are already who are already in the industry, So for your for your three singles, right, the ones that we just talked about, do they backpay you on that stuff if it changes? Are you just kind of like, hey, it is what it is?
Speaker 2: The question? I don't know the answer to that you're saying.
Speaker 1: If you're saying if the rule, if it changes in the in the future, do you end up getting back paid.
Speaker 2: For the I doubt it. I doubt it.
Speaker 3: I bet they just bumped the percentages up moving forward, because ultimately, you know what you're getting a lot of money into a lot of money to pay on the back end. If every rider got paid out in the back end, I would just imagine the percentage gets better.
Speaker 1: And you know, especially when you're a hungry artist early in the like early in the game, you're almost as excited because you're getting labels, they're gonna pay you money. You sign on that dited line. You don't necessarily have your head fully wrapped around because you don't know that you're gonna explode the way that you might explode.
Speaker 3: And then when you look back, that's me. I had my head down for ten years. Yeah, it's been broke for nine of them. You know, Like, oh, dude, I looked up I had I had a check from BMI in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Or what's BMI? BM?
Speaker 3: I there who pay out off of all the money? Okay in the music there's BMI as cap. There's a couple different. I'm with BMI and like, I had a check from BMI. You get paid four times a year.
Speaker 2: Every quarter.
Speaker 1: It was like, I think it was like ninety six bucks two thousand and nine, wit one of my quarters.
Speaker 3: Have you been looking for a new trusted exchange for your crypto trading. If so, check out net Coins. Net Coins is a safe and secure platform to buy and sell crypto support some of the most popular cryptocurrencies on an easy to use mobile app. Net Coins has been in the crypto game for almost ten years in Canada and it's now available in the USA, offering no fee trading with over thirty five top crypto tokens to buy and sell.
Speaker 2: Plus, you can.
Speaker 3: Stay on top of the action with limit orders and push notifications so that you can trade instantly when the market moves. And for limited time, will you can get twenty five dollars in cash.
Speaker 2: I know you need it because a Wi Fi on Delta is ridiculous, But for.
Speaker 3: A limited time, you can get twenty five dollars in cash to trade on the app when you use the referral code bust and that's b uss I n that's for a limited time only and Download the net coins app today, available on Google play Store. Download the net coins app today, available on Google Play Store and Apple god down the Download the net coins app today, available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Speaker 2: Or learn Orsole.
Speaker 3: Download the net coins app today available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store or learn more first at netcoins dot com.
Speaker 2: Different, what are we? What have you seen?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: What's what's the biggest check you've seen? Now?
Speaker 1: Do you need me to say a check to make you feel Yeah, the biggest check I've seen, and it was when I was I was a restricted Uh that's false. Probably the biggest check I've seen. My signing bonus when I came to the Titans was two hundred and fifty thousand after tax. I was looking at like sixty because there's no state tax in Tennessee. But I'll say the big I guess was a two week check when I was on Washington. I think it was one eighty under eighty and that was like I looked and I was like.
Speaker 2: Frame this yo, yeah, because I was fired up. My first practice squad check.
Speaker 1: Was like twelve thousand dollars in an after tax down to like seven or eight, and I was fired up.
Speaker 2: Did you had a necklace? It's real alright? Immediately went to icebox, I.
Speaker 1: Bought a pair of air Maxes and I bought an Xbox. Got set up a little bit, but I was fired up. And you know when you're seeing a check like that, but now balls back in your court what's.
Speaker 2: The biggest check you've seen, Like this is? This is Oh my god, let's fucking go.
Speaker 3: Dude, I've seen a check like that. Well, my business managers see it. I haven't looked at it myself, but I've seen it on I've seen it in an email. It's pretty crazy, dude.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's insane. I'm trying to be humble about it because it's fucking instance.
Speaker 2: You are humble. I can tell you're very like I don't like talking. I don't like I don't like talking about it.
Speaker 1: It was like I was on Shane's podcast saying trying to give him flowers, and he does so bad accepting confidence because he's just he's all about making fun of people that think things are cool and all that kind of stuff. So you can tell he gets real queasy when I'm serious. I'm like, bro, you're you're doing it, man, you're crushing it. It should be pumped.
Speaker 2: I am pumped. I mean yeah, it's it's thinking about how hard you've worked.
Speaker 1: Bro, you just said broke for nine of them, Like you just not like you got some massive house, but you got a nice little farmhouse that you've been able to get into and you're building a little farm, like you got your little family going.
Speaker 3: Like Ryman brought all my good life for sure, because when when we got pregnant with Ryman, I didn't know how the hell we were going to do.
Speaker 2: We could not afford having a kid. When we got pregnant, I was just yeah, that one of the odds.
Speaker 3: And then oh my god, we're getting pregnant, you know, and then and then you know, literally, I think my first number one was like right around the time Ryman was just about to be born, and that was COVID. Like COVID happened at my first three number ones, hearing the shutdown, So like my world.
Speaker 2: The touring, my work where you're gonna make money.
Speaker 3: The world started spinning. As soon as the world stops spinning, and Ryman came. And then like right when Ryman was born, we picked up touring again and it's been going ever since.
Speaker 2: It's just like me and de Lanny say all the time, Ryman brought really good luck. Ryman. I owe Ryman, it'll be fine. Fine.
Speaker 1: You have to keep them connected to the story of what it took, like, yeah, bro, you should be extremely proud. Like the sacrifice that goes into number one. I know how much you tour around, Like when we've been trying to get you on the pod, you'll be going because you're out torn around a lot, you're moving a lot and with the family and a kid. Bro, Like I have a you know the same, Like I have a thirteen fourteen month old right now. Like the times you have to leave your you have to leave and those conversations we are making with your wife, you're planning out your schedule. Hey, I'm gonna be gone for a lot of the year. But like you know, now you're getting to taste a little bit of that sweet nectar that you work so hard for. So I like I'm staying the feeling queasy, like, man, you know, I'm about to throw up a number that not a lot of people, you know, I've gotten to experience yet.
Speaker 2: But it's like, Bro, you've worked so hard for that.
Speaker 1: Man, you work so fucking hard for that, and you should never be ashamed, never be ashamed of anything like that.
Speaker 3: I'm not ashamed. And it's like it is motivating for me. It's like for me, that is not where I'm like, all right, I got it. I'm done at all now it's hungry and it's not greed. It's just like, yo, like I've been given this opportunity to be a voice of a generation of music and like whether it be from behind the scenes as a pen or now my own microphone that I'm holding, and I want I want to be that example for the kids that are just now getting to town. We're looking down the barrel the next ten years, grinding the no ends and just making enough, making whatever their pub draw is, like probably thirty grand a year for a few years, you know, and like there will be light.
Speaker 2: At the end of that tunnel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I could do it, from working at the doughnut Den barred out at six in the morning to like to sitting here now talking about necklaces with you. Yeah, yeah, man, it can happen. And it's just not giving up and being relentless with it. Being delusional.
Speaker 1: Also, like I love the fucking look in your eye about it because it's true, Like it's inspiring to hear that, Like you know, what's you're the trajectory you're on right now because you have a story that you're so connected to on all of that grind, Like it's never a success as a microwaved.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, it's not like you just now got this.
Speaker 1: It's not like it's not like you fucking you and Morgan Wong were best buds and you're fucking like he just sings and you right stuff and you're just like, yeah, you're just right there in the back hit pocket, like just making a fuck lot of money, like you had to grind.
Speaker 3: It's like I've heard Hardy say, we were all broke together and now we got some together. Yeah, that's that's another our bond is cool because like we were really grind it. We've been grinding. Yeah, it's not an overnight thing. And I think everybody knows that too by now. Overnight stuff can happen here and there, like because of TikTok. But Craig Wiseman said on my podcast, he said everybody has to pay their dues, either pay them on the front end to the back end. It's way better to pay them on the front end, right, And I totally agree with that. And I've paid my dues and god, I'm still paying them, especially in the artist thing, like I'm still in the front corner of my artist's career.
Speaker 2: Things are going great.
Speaker 3: I'm getting great show opportunities, songs are going good, my fan base is growing organically and naturally, and like they fuck with Earn, Like there's people, there's people that you know, turn turn on to Earn just from Instagram and then they realize I do music and vice versa.
Speaker 2: You know, I like this song and then they see it's I'm just I'm just one of the guys, just one of the boys.
Speaker 1: Man. I think it's it's always interesting because it's like when you start like getting successful and everything else, like we've all had so much imposter syndrome that you almost getting nervous talking about it because a party feels like am I worthy of this?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Am I is my value really worth this?
Speaker 1: Am I gonna turn some people off saying this because maybe I'm not because we've had so much imposters in the syndrome along the way bad about that too, Yeah, yeah, it is cause you're like, like like you said even earlier, like you we love being fans of all these people, Like who would have thought back in the day when you're spreading your ankle at a whisky leave a concert here in Nashville and thinking like, man, how fucking sick would it be like yo, yo, yo, Yeah, Whizz is the man, like if you ever met me, like, oh, this is just another member I d MD Whiz probably or like Facebook messaged him something when he was in town like yo, like would love to smoke.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's it's like, yeah he never saw it. B if they saw it, it wasn't even him. Yeah, and see not smoking with you, kid. But then then we're in LA and I'm.
Speaker 2: Smoking with him at Staple Centered with michaelphlf Why the row that cheese and that's so crazy, dude, did you get that picture? Isn't that legendary? Oh? Man, incredible man? Yeah, and nipples got hard.
Speaker 3: And I will forever my first time on the bus is like a landmark in my mind for when things started, Like that's a that's a prominent memory for like the beginning of the next four years of my life after coming on this bus, because like that was right at the very beginning of my artist stuff.
Speaker 2: And then Kroon was like we were just getting the stuff started. We were sitting that.
Speaker 3: Gravel lot like he was the start of even us, right, and then I pulled in that gravel lot to get my in ears. I pulled next time I was back there was when I was getting my ears whatever. For any monitors, I was like, holy shit, this is the O G bus lot. Now there's like a little thing there where I got my ears.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Crazy, but it's all.
Speaker 1: It's cool to come back and check in because life be changing a lot in between every time I'm on this bus. Every time, dude, every time, and every time we get together, we're like, yo, we got to link more.
Speaker 2: And then we're trying to like find time to ye to hang and it.
Speaker 3: All fans are all the boy shot the boys like everything. People would never know who I was if it weren't for this bus, and then they'll see me and they.
Speaker 2: Know him one of the boys fired. I mean, you've done your community.
Speaker 1: It's dope to have a platform to give more, to give that more because Chandler will come. Chandler will come on oral hit us up that yo. People came out to the Vegas ame yo, I saw you gonna bust with the boys. But it's just it's just cool man, and yeah, the fun I've.
Speaker 3: Been sparring with Tandler getting them ready for his fight. He's gonna whoop that ass. He's gonna whoop that ass. I think he's gonna shock a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Now, Connor McGregor's documentary just came out, and that thing is juicy. You need to create a Chandler a documentary. Have you seen the McGregor McGregor Forever. You're like, I'm not about that.
Speaker 2: That's ship, dude, it's fuck Connor McGregor. Dude.
Speaker 1: No, that let me refresh that. That's me getting behind enemy line. I learned a little bit more about what the buttons are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll talk about McGregor. We'll talk about McGregor the next time I do this. Yeah, right now, dude, is Mike Gregor McGregor right now?
Speaker 2: Dude? Yes? What a nice guy, dude. What Michael Chandler is one of the nicest humans on earth. On Earth.
Speaker 3: I've recently gotten to know him a little bit. We played golf and he's a big only use a five iron guy, dude.
Speaker 2: He loves the iron.
Speaker 1: Guy, loves the will be no matter where you are. He's like, I'm getting the five Yeah, hey, bro, coming to the kids party. He was like, sorry, I can't make it. Be sure you get the five iron out for me though. I'm like, dude, we're not even golfing guys wanting to five iron there. Yeah, dude, Mike's uh dude. He is just a good soul man, way different than when he's inside of that octagon.
Speaker 3: Mean, in the octagon, loves a blood bath, loves the bloodbath. Oh, it's gonna be a bloody fight either way. Bro, It's gonna be such a good fight and it's gonna be bloody.
Speaker 1: I just see we talk about Fighter IQ, like all these different picniques and things like that, Like Mike Chandler's competitive spirit in fight for fighting, He's like a fuck.
Speaker 2: He is like Tibo of the U. I believe in this guy right here, Like he is the gladiator man. He doesn't cuss? Does he not know that?
Speaker 1: The one he slipped not too long ago because he was playing bad. We went out to golf. I forget where we went, Gowflay golfled to it fuck and I was like, yeah, brother, he relax, Yeah, take it easy. Yeah, We're just He just kept telling me like, hey, this is the worst I've ever played. I'm like, Mike, I am not good.
Speaker 2: Like you think. I give a funk how you're hitting. Like, if anything, you get to lose balls with me. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he feels bad about being bad at golf. He could kill anyone on the court, kill anyone on the course. That's golf though, dude. But yeah, just a nice soul man you be playing lately. I played, Actually I want to play that one time with Mike and fucking my back to the rest of the where'd you go out to Hermitage?
Speaker 2: I think it was Hermitage? Yeah, goats out there? Yeah? Yeah, is that by where seeple Chase is? No, you know you played Harpit. That's what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we went to har I knew the son of an h. Yes, but yeah, we were at Harpit and then Mike and I were playing. And then it's one of those courses to where if somebody comes out at the right time and it's not a foursome, they add.
Speaker 2: People in with you. I hate that. Hate that too.
Speaker 1: I just joined out at Temple Hill. Originally we had a couple they were it can be bad, though, it can be bad. We met somebody's like, oh, you met my brother who's a fullback for Ohouse State. Like, you guys are just out there for the spring tour, so you kind of had that common. He said, Yo, Michael Chandlin, like, Yo, this is the best.
Speaker 2: Day of my life. Yeah. People pay you know, five grand to go play with you all on a scramble. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My parents they go play harp with a lot and and they also they got a spot down in Sparkleberry and like Fort Myers, and they play golf all the time and they get paired up people all the time. And dude, it's been so funny the last like year. My dad will call me and be like, uh, well, I mean you won't believe it, and I'll be like, bet I will. He's like, we were just playing with somebody, you know. We got to talking and told him I'm earnest, Like no worries. You got some fans out here. It's like it's like y'all could make it through a round, just like not doing that. Yeah, he could make it through. And I'm playing golf after this at Temple Hills. You know Duck you know the Devin Hodges. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he's playing.
Speaker 2: Uh and then.
Speaker 1: Chandler not not Michael Chandler, My Chandler, Chandler Walters and Raf Timpenny. You've met Raf Mitchell's brother Oh that's his brother, Michell's brother. Okay, I don't know if I've met him. I met dug though, because Laney came and did bus stop. Oh that's right, yeah, because he was on Uh was it the Steelers of the Rams at the time. Yeah, yeah, good dude, good dude, duck man.
Speaker 2: But dude, they getting getting paired up like so at at Old Hickory.
Speaker 3: I'll just put myself down on a tea time and get out there and bring somebody with me.
Speaker 2: No big deal with play too. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: At Temple, you gotta, I like have to just make up aforesome so that they don't just add two people on there and last minute, because like most of the tea times would be like two spots they'll have, like you know, McGuire teaming off at ten ten, there's two spots up, Like I don't know McGuire. Don't want to play with McGuire. Yeah, not playing golf today, Like I'm not playing God, I don't want to do that right now. I don't want to be the same souls getting to know some guy I'll never see again, yeah, or or a.
Speaker 2: Guy that I'm gonna have to see again.
Speaker 1: Unless you're prep for like if it's like a chearity van. You know, you're involved in this four man scramble, which, by the way, I.
Speaker 2: Think like different.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah, yeah, absolutely energy to scramble. Ready, you're just for you're ready for it. You know what, you know what you're having to do. Have a low key round of golf with the fellas. Yeah, and I don't need Jim Jones over here taking Jim Jones, okay, Don mc don McGuire was sticking with McGuire, Don McGuire, Don Trump, and over Don Trump standing over his ball for fifty seconds to shank one.
Speaker 2: It's like, dude, hey, I'm getting up there. I'm stone, I'm taking no time.
Speaker 3: If the ball goes to Jehovah's Witness Center over here, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Grabbing a new ball, a new ball. I'm asking some Hey you got a new ball. I really didn't get to.
Speaker 2: Borrow a tea. Yeah, exactly. We should, by the way, I think like.
Speaker 3: A woman, two transfusions. Please, I'll give you a hundred dollars bill. There you go, two transfusions. They're both for me.
Speaker 2: We should be a man, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, man, Yeah, whoa, hey, whoa man, easy mark part person, What.
Speaker 2: Do you go by? Yeah? Yeah, by whatever you want?
Speaker 3: That's h there is addressing a cartgirl in twenty twenty three. Hey cart, Hey, person on the cart? Can I please get a beer? That would be great? Not bud light.
Speaker 2: Is coming coming, I'm gonna come.
Speaker 3: Is there anything better than that first sip of coffee in the morning. No, it's like getting your first kiss every single day. Awkward, but thank god had happened. Stellar Blue Coffee supports pets. Unlike bid cop fucking pets gotta do with this because it is a sports pets.
Speaker 1: Stellar Blue Coffee supports pet supports pets, so for every purchase, a portion of the proceeds go directly towards helping homeless pets.
Speaker 2: Oh that's incredible. We love our pets.
Speaker 3: You can get yours tomorrow, available on Stellar Blue Coffee dot Com and next day shipping on Amazon Prime. Get your coffee now before they sell out, and they will. It's available in pods.
Speaker 2: Ground and whole being.
Speaker 3: Get yours today will They can goddamn it. They can barely keep the coffee in stock. That's how fast Stella Blue Coffee is selling.
Speaker 2: And do you did you know that Stellar Blue just came out with their cold brew. Oh they did. So if you're a cold brew you're like, I'm a cold brew guy. You're a cold brew guy.
Speaker 1: If you don't like the high, especially if he gets hot outside, there is now a cold brew. Go to Stellar Blue Coffee dot com and use promo code Boys. That's Boys for ten percent off your next order. The perfect gift for Father's Day. We hate big coffee. We hate big coffee. Help yourself, help your dad, help the dogs out there. We hate big coffee, and you should to buy Stellar Blue Coffee and support the boys and the dogs.
Speaker 2: Lessen with the dogs.
Speaker 1: We should, uh, we should do a fucking golfing charity event, dude.
Speaker 2: Yes, golf like us with Jelly, droking with the boys, droking with the boys or the wae. We tried that one time. Stogies and bogies, dude and bogeys.
Speaker 1: That was a disaster, long day, but it was a good day. It was a great very long You kind of saw the production that has to go into it, and it's kind of man.
Speaker 6: They should have only played like four holes. Yeah, played nine holes with Will and Jelly the way he's not and we had we had a lot and cigars and talking.
Speaker 1: We were out there for hours, hours because we were looking at doing like a stogies and bogie segment similar to like all those golfing uh that golf content that's out there, like on YouTube.
Speaker 2: And with tequila.
Speaker 3: Bro Jelly's the nicest guy ever until he's trying to get you a drink Tequila.
Speaker 2: It's like, baba baba tequila. You're gonna drink this tequila?
Speaker 1: Like look, look, look like hey man, it's not a shot, it's not a mixed drink. Please stop tequila. I told you I don't want to drink one in the afternoon right now.
Speaker 2: I'm pregnant. Yeah uh yeah, yeah, we should golf sometime. Yeah, it'd be a lot of fun. May you never have being Johnny maguire whoever?
Speaker 1: No, I mean, it would be a good scramble with this. Honestly, we should get like two scrambles going on. I think that's the best because you need some ship talking against somebody else.
Speaker 2: Have like two foursomes going and then you know, meet it the meet at the turn. Yeah a couple. Yeah, then we'll about where you're at on the scorecard.
Speaker 1: I decide if you''m gonna go play the back now. Yeah, I'm not an eighteen hole guy. I am not duding fifteen not me bro like I'm fighting to get to nine. Oh yeah, I'm nine is like right about. So like, if let's say I start off the three holes. First three holes, I'm like fine, like far bogey golf.
Speaker 3: Then four, five, six, starts to get shaky, and then seven, eight, nine, I'm kind of bringing it back. Have made a couple of good least on one hole you brought it back, and then so then by that then we're on nine. It's like I can smell blood, so I'll do I'll get ten, eleven, twelve, and then it's like, oh, it's going downhill so fast.
Speaker 1: Thirteen, fourteen, still going downhill. Fifteen, I'm drunk. I gotta go, dude, that's three more holes. Its ready to go, you guys ready to go.
Speaker 3: It's one we're close to the club and partner's like, actually I'm even through fifteen.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, well I'm leaving after fifty. You like see the parking line, sid You're like, hey, this next hole, should this be our last one? Don't even tell them, just where it earn go. I'm gonna go grab something out of my truck. Hey, the wife called, she needs me home.
Speaker 3: I'm a big go get the car, leave the cart where the car was. Guy, and people probably hate it. They probably, and that's not you gotta take the car back. But what I do hate doing is like cleaning out the trash. I always feel like I do. Ya don't take it back? Do you feel like you do?
Speaker 2: I guess so do you not have to? Probably should? You probably should?
Speaker 3: But if you ride the Bellmead Country Club, I'm taking the cart back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm playing at oh Dunk Country Club. Drowning. I'm drowning the cart. It's out there in the water. Yeah, I'm taking this cart home with you.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Guys. We get my own golf cart for Temple Hills.
Speaker 1: Or can we go next? Because I do want to do with with Earn. I want to do shout out for shout out. Yeah, we should do the family guys, before we get into the family. Guy, you did have a tweet recently. We'll do this for the music and then we'll get off in transition and all the punch of pet Peep of the week shout out, no free shout out fucking all that kind of stuff and our Family Guy episode that you had a mastermind concept. By the way, your recent tweet, next album fitting to be different, different, Yeah, tell us about that elaborate.
Speaker 2: So are we talking? Are we here? Are we talking? When we were on the couch that one time? No pause? No, no, the one I'm fooling around little Tom foolery. We're on Taylor's Cows. Oh yeah, we're Taylor Taylor's cout. You're kind of showing us some tunes that, no, that will not be on this album. But we're talking.
Speaker 3: He's talking about depends on the year if you know you know this, well, it's not And I've talked about on my podcast and played like serotonin. But that was like a year and a half ago. Okay, there were a time in place that ship will come out. Yeah, this next album basically, so the Flower Shops era for me was like all strictly traditional country music, which that will continue into this next album. But I'm gonna be sprinkling in some songs that I would probably have normally given away to other artists, like specifically like not kept on Flower Shops because it didn't fit the aesthetic of Flower Shops the album and this next one, like I've already posted a clearly that hanging on song, Like I'm not gonna be afraid to have a couple songs on there that just are like a little more smacker banger vibes or like a little more modern sounding. But I've also got I mean, it'll probably be twenty songs or something like that, because I've got several that are super tradition.
Speaker 2: I got this one song called dollar to Cash.
Speaker 3: It's like give my last paycheck to paycheck and give my last dollar to cash, Like it's an old school country song.
Speaker 2: This one called bars on my Heart, old school country song.
Speaker 3: So if you loved that about Flower Shops, I'm not abandoning that song or that sound. I'm just adding some shit that I've always had in my bag that I've given away and I've like I ignored that part of my bag for my own artistry. But on this next project, I'm gonna dig deeper in my bag, and like, nobody's gonna really be able. If you don't know me, you could probably hear some stuff and be like he switched up for like what happened to this? Like nah, bro, Nah, I've been doing this shit. I just I'm just has been not putting it out.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean is that a timing thing is like now you feel like the right mix is coming up, whether it be with popularity and everything else where.
Speaker 2: You're like, I think. I think.
Speaker 3: It's also like having a lot of shows under my belt now, knowing what my fans like, what a what those moments feel like in my show, like when I play, like when I have you know, when we now we have long lived Calgar, we have that cowgirl song, Like I can have something like that in my set that's mine. That wasn't a Morgan song. These can be my songs now. Yeah, And it's like my fans are gonna rock with me regardless. But for the naysayers or people that come on, it's like he switched up. I did not switch up. I took a break from doing this originally to keep it extremely country, to build the brand that I want for longevity, which is to be a member of the Grand Ole Opry and die doing country music.
Speaker 2: But I might throw some of my fucking eight O waits in there this year, you know what I'm like, I might give me a little grand a lot O line juice me up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my that's a childhood dream. I want to be a member of the Grand Ole Opry one day. And I'll like when when I'm with the Opry band, like, I won't go play the If it's got eight o eight s in it, I ain't playing it at the Opera, right, it ain't for the Opry. That's and I'm not gonna make the Opry band by thirteenth and try to play something they ain't fucking.
Speaker 2: For the Opry.
Speaker 3: When when I went in and cut the entire Flower Shops album, it was going through in my mind and Joey Moy's mind, the Opry filter, the Opry band filter in our heads like and it and it translates because when we show up to the Opry, the Oppry band, they love playing our stuff because yeah, you know these guys fifty sixty years old and they signed up, they probably dream their dream.
Speaker 1: I want to be in the Opry band. Why because it's traditional country music and this what I signed up for. And a lot of times that's not what they're asked to play at the Grand Ole Opry. They're having to play stuff that isn't what they signed up for. So my gift to the opre band is, We're gonna play some country music when I'm coming through the Opry for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: That's what operation. And I love that.
Speaker 1: And I think too, like anybody who's like a real fan of yours, loves when you're showing off all of your range, like diet dipping your toe into all these other.
Speaker 2: It's just about like Moscato about to hit the move. I like the lotto life in kind of Rocky no Apollo.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be the ladle watching follow There's plenty bad bitches, but their heads all hollow.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey, what up? Let's kick it?
Speaker 1: Break it off like a kit Cat quadruple flipping stick. It about to get that swerving and I switched back. All four lanes on the highway is my waist. So stay in your driveway because this that deep fried chicken with some turnip green shit.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, No longer you, It's no longer just me in this barstool collecting bar dush fell in.
Speaker 1: Love again and not all of my friends said it's a good place to start.
Speaker 2: Set a quarter past to want it, ain't you. It's just bars on my heart. Do some memo.
Speaker 1: The uh the uh, it's gonna be the phenomenal cut up serotonin. Let's see, Oh, just I'll just whenever you I'll just make up to me. I can't remember the uh unless there's an emos on you love. Just fucking hit that uh huh pay there. I know it's hard, feel I I don't care at all. Yes, he's lights turn as he's wills.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 8: Cut my wrists in black my eyes? Cut my wrists and black my eyes? So why I can't fall asleep tonight? He dies, Daco? Because you kill me?
Speaker 5: You know you do?
Speaker 2: You kill me?
Speaker 8: Well you like it too, and I can tell you never stop untell final breath is gone.
Speaker 2: Can spare me justa through last words? I love?
Speaker 1: Yeah fucking hawthorn heights About that line. I put a couple of scars on me, a middle school dog. I put a couple of scars.
Speaker 2: On me dog. And he's in the bathroom, SA, anybody know what he's doing in there? Now? I'm getting cut. You should just be cutting one of those like and then you get out and you're kind of showing it. You're showing a couple of your face.
Speaker 3: From a little lighte scissor cut, never gonna do any damage. Just let him know I'm about that, like, just to get the friends socket. And I think I'm just listening to under Road himself now right, like, yeah, everybody talking dramatically about it. Yeah, I think we need to have an intervention twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these tattoos cover up several cigarette scars, but not all of them. I've got Oh yeah, dude, the dots up here. You put a cigarettes out of myself?
Speaker 1: Yeah, think about the think about the cliff. He just gets to go from wrapping country.
Speaker 2: Emo. What else we got? What else is there? I don't know, man, that's about it. You got anything?
Speaker 1: Gee?
Speaker 2: I know you're a fucking Have him do something else, man, we got urn here. Make him perform. Yeah, make a fucking what the fucker did you've heard of?
Speaker 3: Burt Kreischer, oh brother who hasn't stand up comedian known as the Machine. This month, Sony has given us a new musty movie to kick off summer, starring Burt himself, based on.
Speaker 1: The outrageous true story ish that's a true story, ish a Burt Kreischer that blew up on the Internet. The movie picks up twenty three years later after the iconic story from Burt's signature set his true experience with Russian mobsters while on a booze soaked college.
Speaker 3: Trip, and that trip from college has come back to haunt Burt. Why am I talking like this, Burnt?
Speaker 1: That trip from college has come back to haunt Burt. Hey, dude, that trip from college has come back to haunt Burt and his estranged father played by the legendary Mark Hamill or Luke sky Walker.
Speaker 2: Gotta know it.
Speaker 3: Our kidnapped back to Russia by the mob to a tone for something they say he did together.
Speaker 2: Burt and his father must reach race the steps him and his father.
Speaker 1: All they gotta do, They gotta retrace the steps of his younger self played by the hilarious Jimmy Tatrow in the midst of a war within a sociopathic crime family, all while attempting to find common ground and their often fraught relationship.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely watching it. Burt Kreischer is the man, the myth, and the machine. What what a what a white guy? What a white guy saying? Right there?
Speaker 1: Hey, the man, the myth, the legend. Yeah, dude, let's change the legend to the machine. Machine is your tickets now? The Machine is now playing rated R. All right, family guy, let's fucking so that one if you guys watched the last episode was what Jelly was on here too, right, Yeah, we talked about a south Park episode that we can create.
Speaker 2: That involved Antonio Brown, Tom Brady, and Gselle. Yeah, and it hit me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's me tom Brady seven times super because we we we called it back to what's her name? The God?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bat trade between America.
Speaker 3: And uh, we'll give you Brindy Grinder back if we get Tom Brady onto the Patriots again.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, the thing. But the only reason he wanted to go back to New England was to get back.
Speaker 1: Everybody's celebrating and parading that Tom Brady's coming back home.
Speaker 2: He goes right past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going right past. The Brady's driving like a little Sonata or something. He'said me Tom Brady seven times a b Antonio Brown poking out of the window, the top window out and we're making fun of like the war room, kind of calling it to the draft room, you know how the figures kind of waddle and move sideways like trade.
Speaker 3: Him this for this all the massive situation room TVs or just the draft. Yes, that was our South Park concept.
Speaker 2: Called me. I was actually sitting in the parking lot. Called me and say, hey, you got a minute. I got this. Uh, I got a Family Guy idea. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was walking around Bellevue Public's talking workshopping this. I'm pushing the cart. I'm sure people are like, this guy's off his rocker. Let me give a little context how we started this. Yes, uh, start thinking about he's we were talking. I was talking with Shane Mooney something about Jesus being good at golf.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I got there. I was like, Jesus probably not good at something.
Speaker 3: And then I was thinking about the realistic Jesus resurrection moment of like, you know, this man really escaped a tomb. And then I was like and I was like, yeah, he's like the first magician. And then it was like, you know, I like I had a had this vision and when I think in bits, family Guys the first one. Like I can conceptualize bits really well when putting it in family Guy in my head. So like I see, like I saw this scene of like Jesus doing the Houdini like escaping water right, like tied up and he's outside of the thing. And then so then I was all right, So let's take it back to the beginning. The episode would kick off and you've got You've got the Griffin family is. So you got Peter, this is a Jesus character in Family Guy. Yeah, but he's not so Jesus throughout this episode is just Stewie with a beer in Jesus garb.
Speaker 1: Joseph is Peter, Mary is Lois. Okay, So the episode starts.
Speaker 3: With Peter coming home early and Wagmire is like the neighbor getting out of bed with Lois because Peter comes home early and jumps out Virgin Mary, Virgin Mary, who obviously got knocked up by Quagmire.
Speaker 2: And so then you know you got the Nativity seeing Jesus is born. Boom boom boom. Let's just thinking this, Quagmar is definitely one of the three.
Speaker 1: Fucking giving gifts even and I on Lewis like, hey, or Mary, have you said anything in like hell, you still think I'm a virginal.
Speaker 2: He's so beautiful. Like, so there's that.
Speaker 1: So then you so you got all right, Jesus is Born is Stewie. Fast forward. Then like you've got a Jesus.
Speaker 3: At like thirteen at the lunch table like doing card tricks and the kids minds are just blown right. It's like, oh, the first magic trick Jesus ever would do? You know the family guy doctor, the guy that's like, I have some terrible news. Yeah, so they go see the baby doctor and Jesus does got your nose.
Speaker 2: He's like wait, wait, wait, wait, give me that.
Speaker 1: He's like running around the fucking yeah, running around the room. Yeah, no, no, no, you know, hides in the fire.
Speaker 2: Trick or something.
Speaker 3: So he learns the art of magic and or the trick and deceit. So then he's you know, doing the doing the cars. It's like Jesus, do the trick, do the one and so then it's like Jesus at twenty seven and then you see like you see this little motor boat going off into a sunset, and it's got two figures and one of them is clearly Jesus from the back and yeah, when you don't know and you just hear right here is perfect and he goes side profile it's Chris Angel, like Bible Chriss Angel next to Jesus and he goes, he goes, I think.
Speaker 2: This is gonna work really well for you.
Speaker 3: He goes, We've got six like he's got like, we've got six like little clear cubes just a half inch under the surface.
Speaker 2: Because you can see some of Chris Angel's tricks like on r YouTube. Yeah, so so he's teaching Jesus to walk on water. Bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you've got obviously you can you can throw as many in there as you want, you do.
Speaker 2: The water to wine all that right.
Speaker 1: Water to wine was another one, like basically everything you're seeing that yeah, you know, could be looked at as a magic trick if you fucked with that.
Speaker 3: Enough comedy, he's got his guy like, yo, pick up your mat and walk And it was like and then like, oh my god, you see like a quick little exchange of a fifty dollars bill to the guy to the coin in the bag of corn.
Speaker 1: It's like, wait, were you the same Hey? Wait, that's the same guy that was blind last week, Like you know, like people, some people are catching on. So then it's like, but remember we were talking it through and get to the end. Yeah, but to get to the end, but there's some context like Chris Angel at that time, Chris Angel is somebody who's passed through time as a time traveler, because angels actually forever thirty three years, you know that way. But also at this moment in time, he's Judas. Yeah, because he gets so jealous of Jesus. This is down the episode. Remember he gets jealous and gets him, you know, gets him get his fits. Yeah, because at the time when they're trying, when they're translating everything, they can only write it on rock.
Speaker 2: So whenever he's.
Speaker 1: Walking on water, changing water to Ryan, water to wine, the witness the witnesses to all of it, they're only able to write this rock and basically Chris Angel, Judas and Jesus, they're able to essentially con.
Speaker 2: For time the Jesus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so you can you can fit in as Seth MacFarlane. We can fit in as many as you want in there. There's endless scenarios you can play there. But the end is modern day and Chris Angel is a bomb in the streets of Vegas, going around being like, no, I told.
Speaker 2: Jesus everything he knows. I'm the real Jesus, I'm Jesus Christ, and like like he's like Christ's hit that Christ.
Speaker 3: He's like snapping his fingers. People's designis are turning to wine. They're like, yeah, right, this is Jesus' joke, Like a Christ's like, no, no, I'm sure he's just cashing weekly chat, like you know, a check just for work.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, man, I knew I should have. Yeah, I just remember we're right yours going through. Yeah, bum throw something at him. It's him in the head. Throw some Team America in there, because we do you think I got my name Chris Angel, I'm an angel. But when he decides to turn on Jesus because Jesus is getting so much credit, he's like thinking like, hey, you know what, I've kind of written these bits for you. Yeah, and Jesus kind of whatever. It is kind of silences and whatever. We can ride up in there. But that's when, because Judas turns his back on Jesus, he ends up getting nails of the cross and it's like, you know, Jesus dies in like three days. He's like a human being basically, and it's like, well, what the fuck. I thought he's gonna like live through this because they think he's superhuman, not knowing that he's just doing all these magic tricks with Chris Angel Judas at the time, And unfortunately we could write in that like his curse Judess' curse is that he has to be the same age and live over time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he never died.
Speaker 9: He never dies, He's just fucking in this modern day scenario. Yeah, it was the original like Forrest Gump, He's at every major Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyways, dude, if anybody has watching this and just wants to scoot this over to seth mc fraun or tag him in it, uh and seven far doesn't even care.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: So when we got done with that, I was like, dude, that is such a funny just episode the first humor about Yeah, because you can tie in a lot of things. It's like when Chris Angel's modern day, then you can call back, like when everybody out there is feeling whether it's a little uptight or queasy about like making fun of Jesus and all these Bible stories, you can call back to the modern day Chris Angel to where all the people in the streets are just yelling and pissed off that he's like the Astro Family God Jesus that we use this as one of the people calling Chris Angel a fraud.
Speaker 2: He's a fraud, a fraud.
Speaker 1: No, no, arm Jesus, Like you guys are dude, because Vegas is full of people claiming to be yes, yes dude, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So I think it could be really funny.
Speaker 3: Obviously a little fucking nuts sacrilegious, but it's all good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all yeah, Like that's one episode family.
Speaker 1: Yeah we're talking about we're talking about humor and like writing up stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I think that is fun. It makes me so happy to come up with bits and think about stuff like that that you.
Speaker 1: Call I love that you call your like he got I got a family guy, Like how coming piece this thing together?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was like, Bro, that is brilliant. Like each scene then you start filling the gas. You can see it.
Speaker 3: That's the that's the the pro and the you came up with the South Park one at the high level, just like you can see it in your head and you know it can be made, just has to be made, Like I could. You could voice all the characters, you know, like you could run. You got so many opportunities, like Meg, Meg could be at the well with like the prostitutes, you know, Jesus, Jesus kicking it.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, Jesus was a slimy guy.
Speaker 1: He was when he's like twenty two, when he's young Jesus and he's dealing with everything else, he comes up with this verses of saying, like Jesus never sits with the good and the healthy sis of the sick taxpayers, but that's just so he can do his dirty work and do all the cards and everything else.
Speaker 3: He's he's, he's like he's kicking it with all the prostitutes and the thing like sitting game. And then like somebody sees it and he just starts like like and you and and he without sin cast the first time, like he's over here with the fellows rolling dice and ship.
Speaker 2: But then like somebody starts somebody catching. He starts drawing in the dirt doing the jellyroll bit, and you without sin cast his only come back. Yeah, he uses it all the time. I thought you were supposed to be. And then he just drops a fucking bar on him. Yeah. I love how we both just lit up and figured out. Oh yeah, yeah, he was. He was like he's like the used cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, type of to surround himself and fucking this lime so funny. Bro, hey that that needs to be done.
Speaker 2: How do we do that? We gotta get somebody to animate it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but man, thinking it was truly like because we think the family guy, the family got platform, like listen, have that we want to see it, just come to live it so we can tag Seth yeah, Seth or and maybe we got to figure out who some rioters are who.
Speaker 3: Might have and yeah, we can do some recon because you know, they got a massive team and the bro they take fans submission episodes, they make them that is it like that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, man, if that but that would have been like takes those and then we're in that window. We just gotta get it, I know, because Southbourg does such a good job of being up to date with some of those things, and that one was such good timing.
Speaker 2: That was great timing. That window probably pass right, yeah mm hm. Did you want to come back and put his family back together?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What you gotta do is do one on uh on him buying the Raiders, buying partnership into the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Now I'll be thinking, yeah, I'll probably take a little victory lap after this and come up with something.
Speaker 5: I think I got something where you at based on mik being you know, the tuck rule and everything like that against the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh wow, I did not think about that. Wow, but you had fucking football IQ. No, brother, I told you my I love Internet of here. Yeah, somebody says something, I'm like, oh wow, yeah, are you ever gonna coach?
Speaker 2: I don't know if this falls through at some point in time, who knows.
Speaker 1: No, Bro, watching you give the give the speech to that team Arizona State got me so fired up, and it's like, bro, honestly, I know you're bullshitting, but but I'll.
Speaker 2: Be the same way.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I bullshit a character and dial it so much. You were on your Denzel Dog like you're on your Denzel.
Speaker 2: You were goating in front of those I appreciate that. Voting in front of them. Boys are like, dude, before.
Speaker 1: This, like yeah, like when I when I was done with if I was gonna be done with football, I was gonna train, I was gonna get into coaching immediately.
Speaker 2: But podcasting, you're saying, if this falls through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if like say one day, if like you know, I don't know when sometime in the future, and then I just get the itch.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, I want to get into coaching now, Yeah, have you been for fun?
Speaker 1: Because the whole thing, the whole thing with this is like, it's so awesome that we've been able to create this platform because if I transition into coaching, you're now needing to work for that job, right, so you'll always be like trying to play that political game of climbing the ladder and being a coach one day, right, and being around the right crew of people and move and moving the family, and like if I would love to get to the point to where it's like, man, I just want to coach now because I feel like I'm more I want to be financially all these things to where it's just like I don't I.
Speaker 2: Don't have to take a defensive coordinator job at Lipscomb right right right and climb the ladder that way.
Speaker 1: Because my agent he wraps a lot of coaches and even gms too, and he's like a conversation he had when I was, you know, basically talking to him about being done, he was like, how fast you think he gets fast tracking into being a coordinator and I was like, I think fairly quickly, just I guess I need to be in the rooms and kind of figure out the operation of how everything goes down.
Speaker 2: But uh, but yeah, I was fired up to do that speech. Fired up to that. It was great. I can talk about drink their beer and take their women showing four quarters of fuck you. Yeah, that was the one.
Speaker 1: I was like, Yo, I don't even get dude, I'm about to smoke four quarters you.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's yeah, bro.
Speaker 3: I mean, dude, if Compton was my coach, like, you'd you, I mean, you got this, don't don't worry about it. But I think, yeah, locker room camaraderie, like I would want to play really well after after getting talked on like that for sure?
Speaker 2: Would I make you want to quit smoking? No? He's like, man, I want to play for you, so fucking well, Yeah, dude, I think you'd make me quit smoking. My seventh grade football coach, Coach Temple. Shout out coach Temple. Uh.
Speaker 3: He tells this story and I don't remember it, but I believe it. He was like chewing our ass hard one night at halftime. I'm an idiot, bro. I think I went up to him after him was like, nobody gonna like processing.
Speaker 2: I can see what's so funny. I can see you being that way to you.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: I was like, bro, just talk at us. You're just losing your mind spitting and like, ain't nobody to us?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just talk to us.
Speaker 3: Man one time eighth grade. He was our middle sko football coach. Eighth grade.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And now his son will that you had that his son Will Temple. Uh. I was a half back and I would like had a doll.
Speaker 3: I had like three solid runs back to back to back and I get tackled on our like twenty yard line, right in front of our sideline, and the referee was like, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I wasn't wearing my fucking hip garter and tail it. I just wasn't because back then it was like still the belt.
Speaker 1: You had to loop all your pad, your hip pad, your tailbum pad and everything.
Speaker 3: I had my compression shorts on ready to go, and anyways, the referee like, I would have probably gotten the ball again on a sweep or something.
Speaker 1: Because i'd i'd taken it down the field and referees like, no, hippad, you guys find some hip pads.
Speaker 3: Coach Temple was out of his cord, upset immediately and he never cut like, I never heard this man cuss at us ever.
Speaker 2: And he comes over to me, gets me by the way. He goes, you bastard, and I talk I like, but about ship. He's like, you bastard.
Speaker 3: I'm taking shout out Corey Woodriff. I made him give up this path and I'm getting in there and think give me those Yeah. So after the game, try to get back out there and out there immediately. And after the game we were playing Station camp. Anyways, Uh, we're walking out. Everybody shake hands. I'm walking back to the sideline. And I've known Coach Temple my whole life. That's why I felt like i'd like talked him a different way. It makes it and I loveship. We had a good relationship. And uh, we're walking back to the sidelines. He's like, I'm sorry for yelling that ship and I go, uh, I go, it's all good. I was like, I ain't gonna tell nobody you called me a bastard.
Speaker 2: And he goes, what what you say? I said you called me?
Speaker 1: You called me a bastard on the sidelines forty minutes ago. I would never say that. I would never say that. I can't believe you said I would say that. I'm like, oh, you're ripping dog, coach Temple to this day, my brother, you called me a bastard, and it's it's all good, dude, it's all good. You got a coach heard at I was a little bash I still am like, don't back up off of that. Don't think of all the the domino effective. It's my you know, he called me as my mom player.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Strike? We need this coach out of here. No, the man called me a bastard. I thought that was awesome. The coach is all good. You gotta get verbally.
Speaker 3: Saying it's all right that you called me a bastard than he did about the hip pads that caused him to call me a bastard.
Speaker 1: You have to get verbally abuse on the football field, especially when you're young man.
Speaker 2: Yes, bro, please bastard.
Speaker 3: Kids don't know, they don't fucking know, and people are getting so soft like when like like our boy flipping out on on our boy, uh Dilfer.
Speaker 1: You saw the clip of delf Oh yeah, losing it on ours a more than verbal abuse, but also they had a tight relationship. Yeah, dude's dad played with Brable, so like or not Dilford seeing the kid grow up. And I'm sure in that scenario at that point in Tom dude had probably lipped or flipped his helmet or something. And Dilfer is a hot head and knows his dad and seen this kid grow up, so probably just overstepped the I'll take care of this before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, yes.
Speaker 3: On your ass real quick. And like I saw that and it fired me up to see that. Hey no, sit down, sit down, sit down? Like dominated that hit for a second. Yeah, dog, I thought that was like no, I thought it was awesome. And what I hated was how much shit he called. I know dil forgot was hot and.
Speaker 1: Cold as far asship, but I didn't see a problem with that. But you you know how you know how it is when things go like viral on the internet. Yeah, people aren't used to that kind of stuff. I mean, our head coach in Nebraska, bo Polini. You type in Bopolini fucking outburst and there's shitload of YouTube videos there, like you know where you were verbally abused, Like I could tie you with a fucking sun dial. Like, oh, I thought this, like, no, you're just fucking stupid. Yeah, getting punched in the chest, fucking uh tobacco spit in my mouth.
Speaker 2: That was his brother. But yeah, you get coach fucking hard man.
Speaker 1: Face mask type in Bopolini mad and just bring up the images.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Kids are really like gonna be bread.
Speaker 1: Look just Bopolini flipped go to those first three photos, losing it, just losing his fucking mind. I mean he's calling referees cons Like, dude, it was I remember when his brother like fought somebody after the Texas A and M game. I think it was a camera guy because he had a camera. He's like, get that fucking carriage. Like they were just so mad and they would like black out. They almost wouldn't even remember the next.
Speaker 2: Day or they did. They're just like I got a feeling they've got mafia in their blood. Yeah, they grew up in Youngstown, Ohio.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, it's like they real big Youngstown Ohio football.
Speaker 2: Or go work for the dumpster company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lets sling drugs on the low, yes, bro, like he got they just fucking beat white knuckles, Sally up, look at it. Go to that go to that third row in that middle one. Like imagine being a referee. Bro never helped us out. No, co He like swings his hat and almost hits the referee in the face. Referee, Yeah, you always. I'm sure the referees hated appreciating with coach Bo on the field. Yeah, don't you fucking touch me? And it's like, brother, take it easy. Yeah, you saw that when Sark put his hands on that uh duing the tunnel before game. Oh, look at it, look at it. He's in the old boy's face. Here's the guy, here's the TV guy who's coordinating when they can run out of the tunnel. And I did see this Mark Sark was just kind of standing there and guy was just staying next to me and kind of touched him.
Speaker 2: He's like, don't but you look like he don't put your on me. I saw that. I saw and we interviewed him. Fun dude, good guy. Yeah, cool guy. Somebody. It seems like, you know, I would want to play for this guy.
Speaker 1: But just these coaches, they just I mean, you just get fucking you're just seeing Red ready to absolutely go to war.
Speaker 3: I think Dilfer was so polar opposite at Lipscomb than what we grew up with with coach Mack, who was an old school traditional coach, still get in your ass using like, you know, world, he was old school country coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you got Dilfer who came in and like.
Speaker 3: Through all the tradition my program, we're gonna run it like a double a college football program.
Speaker 1: Which I went to a couple of their practices because Taylor and I would work over at Lipskimb a couple of times.
Speaker 2: But they were running practice, and he was running it like a college.
Speaker 1: A college in NFL, like period seven on steven, like they're moving jogging, like which operation is high.
Speaker 3: There were a lot of the a lot of the former players and stuff felt the type of way because they feel like what they built just didn't get expected at all.
Speaker 2: I get that to some extent.
Speaker 3: My dad, luckily, the baseball coach in the baseball program is in great hands and they've been very you know, they named the field after my dad, they've been great about all that, and they got mccadams.
Speaker 2: Named after coach Magna Max Center.
Speaker 1: But I think Dilfer came in so hot it scared the ship out of the parents whose kids were in middle school and now you know, they grew up thinking it was about to be one thing, and then Dolpher and your kids aren't playing.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing in everybody bringing my luggage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, Louis, Yeah, and Louie and CPAUL used to be a problem for us.
Speaker 3: And CPA has just gotten beat to smithereens. Every time we played them in the last three years, we would we uh. I think we in the last two championship games against them. I think the score is like eighty something to nothing, like it was like insane we beat them. There's probably that stat lipscom CBA forty two to zero in the state championship game.
Speaker 2: So where are you at, Brentwood?
Speaker 3: Yeah, CPA like the CPA Lipscombs games have and basketball those were always like the big games. Before that, it was Lipscomb Good Pasture, But y'all would probably Brentwood Ravenwood.
Speaker 2: Those games were probably lit.
Speaker 1: I mean, at the end of the day, you're building culture, and there's always like literally every year, there's always.
Speaker 2: Gonna be learning experience.
Speaker 1: It's not like it's not like every coach strained, coach whatever, feels like they always have it figured out, you're gonna have learning moments. Everybody slips and be like, Okay, I could have done that differently. You know, when you're when you're he was.
Speaker 2: Prepping himself to go exactly where he's at now.
Speaker 3: He was we're talking about he was, he's starting his climb back to yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And at the end of the day, like you know, of course, when things go viral like that, everybody's gonna have an opinion about it because you're armchair coaching at that point and you can see things a lot more clearly, and you're sitting you know, you're sitting in ac and everything else.
Speaker 2: You're not in the heat of that moment.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you're able to look back on something like, yeah, of course I could handle that differently, like maybe you have a conversation. You're having a conversation by hey, I just want to make sure we're on the same page, and the outside noise you're still gonna be the outside noise.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That's the whole point of like sports, not that like I'm not saying that's the who point of sports, but that's like the growing pains in sport, Like when you're around each other all year round and you're trying to build culture and everything else, and you have some moments that you slip.
Speaker 2: But that's the beauty in sport and competition. I think as a good that was a good moment for the kid and Dolpher probably like, bro, you.
Speaker 3: Gotta get yelled like, get yelled at in your life as a kid in a in a team environment. Have somebody have an authoritative figure, get in your ass because they love.
Speaker 6: You absolutely and like and that's not your like, that's not at your house, Like, it's not your dad or your mom.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, it's because you're gonna go out in the real world. What was happening daily? Yeah, yeah, Now everyone just sees it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and everybody sees everybody's gonna so it's it's always seem bigger than it actually is. But you keep everything like you still you know, on the internal side of everything, and you're having the communication with thank you, I appreciate that. Butcher and I slipped through a potato. I cut half of my fucking nail, bleed everywhere. It really doesn't feel that bad, though feels on the front. You know, you can just two days ago it's at home too. The wife was out of town, so rue's fucking crying and want me to pick her up. You know how that shit goes. Dude, don't complain. No, I didn't even nothing, nothing nothing. Don't worry about it. Yeah, I blood everywhere. She was cleaning off blood from the cabinets, the fridge down by the floor and everything else. I was like, I'm sorry, I didn't see it. Like I'm trying to fucking's gonna make some lunch at the little One.
Speaker 2: Yeah you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're trying to fucking you know, stop the bleeding. I'm sitting on the floor next to her because she wants me to pick her up. On my sweetheart, Daddy cannot pick you up right now. I'm fucking it's not it won't stop bleeding. But I appreciate you've seeing that. Me working through this pain once again, always battling. Should we do shout out? No, free shoutout. We interrupt this episode to talk about.
Speaker 2: Hero Taro's, the world's largest car sharing marketplace.
Speaker 3: With Taro, you can book any car you want for just about any occasion from a community of local hosts across the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Book an suv for a road trip, something easy and affordable to get around on vacation or just test drive an EV. You can get a vintage car sick. I've gotten sick cars on Turro by the way. You can get a vintage car or something classy for a special event.
Speaker 2: Little prom night, fellas. If you're still doing prom here, it is that time of the year.
Speaker 3: Every trip is backed by little liability insurance terms, conditions and exclusions apply.
Speaker 1: Find your drive forget boring rental cars at rock that turo up and drive a Turow. Back to the episode, do you.
Speaker 5: Want to talk about his tweet about mentioning that he would, uh, he would trade Derrick Henry just to see him win as Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that was back in the headlines when they it was like a topic of potentially training Derrick Henry.
Speaker 2: I don't know if those rumors are still circular. I want Derrick Henry on on the Titans.
Speaker 3: I think what I was saying though, is I I've never actually gotten to know Derek.
Speaker 1: We've met a couple of times. It would just suck for him to not have a Super Bowl and be as elite. Back as I was just saying, part of a team that can make that Chase.
Speaker 3: I would be willing to let him go as a Titans fan to see him win a super Bowl with a team that he can win a with because the window for that is like not as big as it was three years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so fuck yeah, I want a Titan Super Bowl. I would love that and and it will happen eventually. But I want Derek Henry to win a Super Bowl. But if we can do that together, then by God, then let made the stars aligned. Yeah that's all I meant by that tweet.
Speaker 3: I just because you feel like damn good of a fucking running back to not have a piece of hard.
Speaker 1: Like you feel like the boys in Tennessee are in a rebel, don't you. I'm just trying to talk get that out of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're rebuilding. It seems like you're you're saying Tennessee's not gonna win the sup Bowl.
Speaker 3: Ernest care to comment, well, then this will be the one year we do because every year I'm like tightened to winning the Supers I.
Speaker 2: Know, I know, you just hate seen especially the last few years when they had that window with.
Speaker 1: The right hm, the right firepower years ago and injuries due to injuries and just everything not aligning. Twenty nine, man, like, I feel like everybody, you know, we're in the off season now, so everybody's winning the Super twenty nineteen. We went to Baltimore in one. I thought we were gonna win the Super Bowl after stopping the Dynasty, beating the dynasty Tom Brady in New England. Because it's when you get hot matters, When you get hot matters, and we got hot at the perfect time.
Speaker 2: Ninety seven regular seasons just on that back end, making the push back in heat matters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, dude, maybe maybe I'm crazy, Maybe we're gonna come out hot.
Speaker 2: Everybody's you know, that's why you play the game. Why do you play the game? Never know? That's the next year we were eleven and five, when we were the it didn't feel like a better season. Yeah, and we got bounced by the fucking Ravens at home. We might have been the two or three seed then, because I don't think we were the one seed. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a home game and we got bounced by the Ravens who we beat earlier in the year, and it was kind of like I remember, it wasn't until in the middle of the fourth quarter. I was like, we really might lose this game because we were down most of the game. But I never at any moment thought we weren't gonna win because I felt like we were. We were clicking, we were firing on all cylinders, and even when we had injuries, the team always seemed to overcome it. Because that was the year the old line was paying the Taylor towards acl something else that happened. But Derek still ran for two thousand yards because he went off in Houston when he needed like, what was it one seventy to get to two thousand, we got like two forty, yeah, bro, And he like you just felt like, oh man, we're gonna we can go deep boys. And we got bounced by the Ravens, which fucking sucked.
Speaker 2: They danced on the field. Yeah yeah, I know, dance on the dance on the field. Crazy happen.
Speaker 1: I know crazy about that. I know how I would have handled it. I was just there, like just walking back. I just couldn't believe we lost. And then the next year, you guys went or the Titans went twelve and five because of the extra game with the one seed a bye week, and then lost to the Bengals, and it's just like you had those three years, especially when that.
Speaker 3: Would have been Yeah, that's what it would have been ideal. Those were all the ingredients were there.
Speaker 2: He had the line, you had, we had the line, we had Derek, we had uh A, J Brown, AJ Brown and Julio.
Speaker 1: We've been this close. Really, we've been this Yeah, And I was I was Missouri boy. Fired up that Mike Jones made that tackle on like the inch yard line, like Jones, baby, h you always have to I was in the good old grocery bagging. Kurt Warner was the.
Speaker 2: Greatest show on turf. Marshall Falk. That's when he was marketing.
Speaker 1: That's what he created, coming out of the backfield and hitting a hot go route running back out of the backfield.
Speaker 2: Those are some of my favorite NFL uniforms. That era Rams Jersey was.
Speaker 1: And the next I think it was the next year they might have went back to the Super Bowl and that's when the dynasty for the Patriots started.
Speaker 2: Or the next couple of.
Speaker 1: Years, when two thousand and four I think was when. Yeah, so what was the year of the Rams Titans and then the Rams Patriots.
Speaker 2: Was watching.
Speaker 5: Patriots Super Bowl that was two thousand and one because it was right after nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: Good yeah, good memory right there. Yeah, because we were fight that the Rams made it back and you're playing the Patriots. And that was Tom Brady's year where Bledsoe gets benched because he gets injured. Will not gets right because he got injured. No, he got he got got hurt. And then he comes back and gets healthy, but Tom is already firing. They kind of don't want to mess up what's happening.
Speaker 5: Well, Tom gets I think Tom gets hurt or something. In the AFC Championship. Bledsoe comes in leads the Patriots to win the AFC Championship. Then they got to make a decision who's going to start the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Nice memory. The AFC Championship was against the Raiders, right, the tough rule. Yeah, I want to say that's the year. Yeah, that's the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, man, that is cool living back then. Was that Kevin Falk the running back for the Patriots. I want to say it was, yeah, man, bro, that's back when you're we're just young and we're just fans.
Speaker 5: So many different players, that's the year, like Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce are in their prime.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, many Titans had a squad dude Frank, whichak the d line line everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, the late nineties early too, Titans came in hot from hot Man.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston going back to the o G oilers uniforms? No, no, it'd be us. Okay, I heard I heard Texans might be going powder blue and red. We'll meet you at the state line. I would love that. The rumor is the I don't know who I just heard that from. But I don't know Houston Texans wearing the oiler retros. I know the Titans Instagram has been teasing.
Speaker 3: I know that if the Titans better, we were the Tennessee Oilers. We were the Tennessee oil Yes, because can we just be the Oilers again? Maybe that's the spark we need.
Speaker 1: Those helmets, Fuck Broose, those are the craziest uniforms ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are so sick.
Speaker 1: Those are I mean those unis are those are top three They're going I'm not trying to make an emotional Hey, those are the best.
Speaker 2: No, I'm telling you right now, they are.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 1: But you guys, you guys are homegrown, like it's the powder blue bo You guys, powder blue. I mean, those unis go fucking so hard. You not ever did you get to play in a powder blue uniform? No, well, then you don't fucking understand. You don't know what it's like to suit up in the powder blue card. Look at that dude, that guy.
Speaker 2: Somebody's wearing that jersey right now on Shelby Avenue. I passed him this morning.
Speaker 3: That somebody's wearing an oversized Eddie George Oiler's jersey right now, smoking a Jay figa rats dude sitting at Gabby's Burgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's talking about the old days.
Speaker 3: Man got the match in flat bill Ye getting themed out with the crispy White Air Force ones.
Speaker 2: We need to get rid of Tannehill. I'm saying, like, that's what he's saying, not me.
Speaker 1: You heard it here first. I'm busting with the boys. We need to get rid of Tannehill. You guys see that Will Levis, he's got that. He kinda looks like Aaron Rodgers. Yeah, like Aaron Rodgers. Well, I love everybody just got quiet looked like, is this you think that I love that? You think that I'm a pro. I'm a pro.
Speaker 2: Don't play a rookie quarterback in his first year. M Are you a pro?
Speaker 3: It's not my responsibility to train this guy, because that's Danny Hill, that's are you pro?
Speaker 1: It's not my responsibility to make I think it's not my responsibility. It's not like my sole responsibility to train this guy. But I do think it's like you you can handle that different with the media. You're yeah, absolutely, pro, get me train You're.
Speaker 2: You're passing along any types of tips, tips and advice. I so horny.
Speaker 1: Excited, but you are like you want to give any types of tips and advice. It's like when we're Shaun got drafted in the first round. I was so fucking pissed. But you sit in some of these meetings and think like, oh man, this dude, you know, for Sean, you gotta he's missing some questions that he don't need to be missing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do think it's a you do have some.
Speaker 1: Responsibility in in in giving back to the next generation, whether or not you're tight or sensitive about what your situation might be. Yeah, and don't show your cards like that by answering yeah, hey, Ryan, if you see this, you won't.
Speaker 3: But if you do a little bit more confidant. Yeah, yeah, sick from my quarterback. Yeah, like you were always gonna.
Speaker 1: Be somebody being like you got a small dick and like, no, I fucking don't, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. I didn't even I didn't think you did.
Speaker 1: But now you obviously have obviously extremely the smallest you have a clip and you hate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you clearly hate it. Dude. Well, hey, it's been real. I'm gonna go make this tea time. Oh you got tea time?
Speaker 3: A shout out, no free shout out before I get out anyone, Yeah, shout.
Speaker 2: Out, no free shoutout in a pet peeve of the week.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh shout out, no free shout out the Delta Lounge.
Speaker 2: You're a Delta Lounge guy.
Speaker 3: As of recent dog the Delta Lounge makes the airport experience doable. Go get in the airport doable. Straight to the Delta Lounge. Spread out a little bit, go to the bar, have a champagne. Go to the food that have a little barbecue, some eggs.
Speaker 2: You're good.
Speaker 3: Don't have to deal with all the hustle and bustle of you know, Ricky Lee running with his roller backpack trying to make a eight forty seven. You're good, You're in good time, So shout out no free, shout out the Delta Lounge and pet peeve of the week.
Speaker 2: There're seventeen ninety five charge for fucking WiFi? Is that what it is? Yes, it's free in the Delta Lounge.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's free with the tagle that he gets. But if you're just fucking comparing airline here and you don't have I don't even know, you don't have a badge of honor to anything. Southwest charges eight bucks for that Wi Fi. Delta charges seventeen ninety fucking five.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's insane. But you're paying to be on a Delta flight out of Southwest flight.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? It means a better seats, better service. So you should probably not get get the you should get the cheaper WiFi. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean you must have something going on with the other week is grown men bitching about Wi Fi?
Speaker 2: Bright? Well played, well fucking time? Fuck you? Fuck me? Fu me.
Speaker 1: Now let's see a pet peeve of the week. There's a few I probably did. I probably got a few.
Speaker 3: Umm, let's I think let's overall everybody be pretty conscious about personal space in general. But like lines, Yeah you was that yours? Bro, Get off my heels. Get off my heels. If we're in line, I'm not on your heels. Get off my heels. It's not even a social distance. I don't care if you have COVID. I hope you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want that challenge of COVID ting and be within six feet of me. I'm not asking you to be six feet apart. Yeah, be that far apart. Yeah that's all. Hey, can I get somebody's on you? Can I get you start pushing back space?
Speaker 2: That's fire. Hey, that's my fault. You just maybe just back up to there, just like as I'm in. It would be huge if you could just what that thumbs up.
Speaker 3: So all right, I'm gonna go try to break one hundred and twenty today out there.
Speaker 2: Hey, good luck, but I love you. I love you too, man. Thanks for having me your fucking success, bro, it's fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Thank you bus. Next time, Hey, next time on this bus, I might have a Grammy.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're putting?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 2: Is that what we're putting in the universe?
Speaker 3: Sure are the Grammys, but hey, but I'm not coming back ever again. If I don't get a Grammy, way, when are the Grammys February of next year?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we got let's get it. We're gonna need you football season. I'll have a Grammy one day, dude. My grammy died in two thousand and seven. My grammy and my grandpa died both, so I'll get I'll get one back. Did it on the back end we were talking about, Oh, I'll.
Speaker 2: Never get a Grammy. I might get a new grandma, but anyways, that's my time.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys. All right?
Speaker 2: Oh god, that is a white and things like pink