Speaker 1: This episode of Busting with the Boys. The Boys is presented by Barstool Sports.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen. We are with arguably the best right tackle in the NFL. Lane, Oh my god, are you I'm just gonna have it right here?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: Is that cool? Best podcast ever? Fuck man? We can't get shipp right around here at the times. Yeah, I know, so before it. Hey, we've been we're going for twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: He probably just started the time.
Speaker 4: I was trying to just don't hear me.
Speaker 2: I'm trying. I'm talking real quiet, so you can just hear me. Those in the audience who are listening to this. This is what you get. That's what you get when you come on Busting with the Boys. You get raw, you get emotions, you get everything. Right now, Zach Patton, is is that tape? Yes, we're taping it up, taping it up.
Speaker 1: You know, bloss if you can't dug it.
Speaker 2: Fucked everything up yesterday because we were supposed to do a pot guys, we just get two thirty, but they didn't show up. So now we're here. And then our last podcast ran about ten minutes over and then Lane sits down and his thing's broken. No one's no one, We're dumb. Party's over, Party's over. So basically, production CRUs guys are fired straight up.
Speaker 3: Zach came back from a long vacation and just to get fired. Zach was in Knoxville just to piss everybody off and get fired.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, what's happening. Zach was in Knoxville, just laying pipe, just tied to make a stop off in Nashville. Before there we go load to horseship.
Speaker 1: Are we good?
Speaker 2: He said? The last podcast we did, I was chewing food for the first minute and a half and I was like, this podcast can't get any worse. But here we are, Here we are. It took us five minutes to put tape on a microphone. We're on fire. We're a new Barstool podcast, and We're on fucking fire.
Speaker 1: Presented by Barstools.
Speaker 2: Percent it presented by Barstool Sports. Thank you for the bags and bags of money. I appreciate that. You know what. I was getting sick and tired of holding Will's hand through a podcast. Dude paying for everything, paying for meals, paying for room, paying for board. You know what I'm saying. By giving him a vehicle he can drive in your.
Speaker 4: Bat got tight from getting all the damn weight.
Speaker 2: Paying his girlfriend just to be with him. You know what I'm saying. And here here we are. Hey, listen, barstool. Barstool is finally reimbursing me for all my troubles and I appreciate you. Thank you, Barstour.
Speaker 1: Hey listen, we'll just call me. He's going to propose to you. I'll give you. I'll give you ex whatever you want.
Speaker 2: She has any ten thousand dollars, you got it.
Speaker 3: So here we are, dude, Lane Johnson, what we said, arguably the best right tackle and.
Speaker 2: Right tackle in the NFL. I mean maybe arguably the best tackle in the NFL. Arguably.
Speaker 5: Hey man, it's getting tough there on the right side. I mean it, it's getting tough.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. You guys don't get enough love for Pro Bowl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's everybody gets sensitive about that.
Speaker 2: Me included. Yeah, but I would, he said, me included. That's why that's why I made a decision a long time ago. Only left tackle.
Speaker 1: They're starting to pay the right side though, they are, dude, that's where the money is.
Speaker 4: Well, I came in. I have Jason Peters on the left side and you know, he's in year ten.
Speaker 5: They're thinking, hey, he's he's probably done, right, He's not done.
Speaker 2: No, how many years has he been in now?
Speaker 4: Like fifteen, fifteen, sixteen.
Speaker 2: Jesus dude, and what years this for you?
Speaker 4: Seven?
Speaker 2: Right? You're going into.
Speaker 4: Flies By?
Speaker 2: It really does, dude.
Speaker 4: It's wild what they in the combination did the Senior Bowl. Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: By unfortunately had a calf had I had a calf deal, I couldn't make it. I wish I could have been there though. Hey, I'll tell you what I wish I did do as I wish I left the same year as you guys. That's like always he's a year ahead of me. No, he's thirteen, he's thirteen. I'm fourteen. You're thirteen.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was there a four overall pick, but in your class, three of the first four picks were off.
Speaker 4: At the time, it was Fisher Jocal than Jordan Dion.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought. I thought I was going to Miami. In Miami, thought like that, where did you want to go?
Speaker 4: I know it's either gonna be Miami or Philly, Like I just knew, Like.
Speaker 2: You didn't think Jacksonville or Kansas City.
Speaker 5: Maybe I didn't have a good vibe with Jacksonville. I was thinking maybe Kansas City.
Speaker 2: But could have gone one overall. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But then the you know, the draft you know, started and they have the cameras on Fisher and Jocal and they were just chilling there. I was just chilling, And whenever they called, they were calling Dion Jordan. They put the camera on me and Dion and I just like, we're in Miami Brooke.
Speaker 4: We're not We're going to Philly.
Speaker 2: We're going to Philly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like, I mean, you got the good end of the bargain. Who time will tell. I mean, you got at least ten more years. You know how you got that Jason Peters vibe. Dude, when you go to Philly, the minimum is ten. Yeah. You I feel like, dude, stay there forever, dude.
Speaker 4: I think Todd Hermans is there forever.
Speaker 2: Evan.
Speaker 4: Evan was a journeyman until he got there. But he stuck around, stuck around.
Speaker 2: Stay there, JP. Is he just run that fucking place or what? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, have you seen him? He's so athletic, he's so fucking big. He's he's not he's not fitting in here.
Speaker 2: We have to get another on another cut the one of the armrest off and attach him. He's a big man.
Speaker 1: I thought he was done after Like when did he hurt his knee in like fifteen?
Speaker 4: I think it was Super Bowl. You're seventeen. I know, I know, I remember when he was he was playing.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: He's so funny on the on the field too, because he'll like act like he'll play the old man card.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean, He's just oh yeah, Dennis.
Speaker 2: Kelly says he used to do that all the time. Yeah, Kellys wouldn't be going so well during the game and he hey, he'd look at Dennis and be like, hey, be ready, Hey, just be ready, kind a fake a little ankle. That's how you last said.
Speaker 4: He was a national treasure.
Speaker 2: Yeahs, Dennis is the King of Dennis is such a pro like he is.
Speaker 4: He does everything about the book.
Speaker 2: Anytime I talked to a coach, anytime I talk to a coach, he'll stick his nose in it and he'll like he's dropping all my conversation. But what do you guys talk about. He's always locked in the game plan, always ready to go. He had a feeling for me four games. That was all.
Speaker 3: He happened to me too, Yeah, dude, yeah we got we got three suspensions between.
Speaker 1: All of us.
Speaker 2: What I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: You ain't got no you ain't got no damn street credits.
Speaker 5: Dude, how was it for you the first that the first time it happened, Well, Tyler went too damn good. You know here I am, you know, going into training camp and you know everything out here is Jeter, got it, get out of town. What are you doing Phillys?
Speaker 2: Philly's rough like.
Speaker 4: Phillis every day throughout training camp.
Speaker 2: So it was it was good. Uh yeah, I just it was good.
Speaker 5: Just just went through it and then uh when I got down with training and got back on the field and everything was good.
Speaker 2: See the thing that you sound way different than I was, dude, because I was a fucking wreck. Yeah I was a wreck. But what can what can I do? Well, It's like I knew it was gonna you know, you have to wait all that time. I had to get ahead of it first. Yeah, because I felt like if it came from me, then I wouldn't have told Yeah, it wouldn't be it wouldn't be as bad and people would be more understanding the people, because it's always fifty fifty, right, there's fifty percent to be like that guy's a fucking cheater, and the other fifty percent of the people that are gonna believe or be disappointed or have questions and want to know what's going on. So I was like, if I could just get in front of a camera and explain myself that I had no idea what was going on, because when it comes to supplements, nobody knows kids in high school taking shit all the time and they don't they don't even know what the hell they're taking.
Speaker 5: Going to and son and Hey, I never walked back at the moment, I'm not going anywhere. There's not gonna be any pictures of me there. Vitamin shot no, no, sir, no sir.
Speaker 2: That stuff it was bad.
Speaker 4: If you're thinking about it is it'll be the best motivator you ever had in your career.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely it's comeback season now. Yeah, twenty is my comeback season. Because I was pissed, hey coming back with an age, and then last week sitting there watching you guys the Pro Bowl, I was salty. You can't make nothing when you when you Hey, I know when you're sitting there just watching everyone. Like I'm talking to Quitting Nelson and Daren Henry and everybody likes so much fun. And they switched up the uniforms this year.
Speaker 4: The uniforms are pretty cool.
Speaker 2: The sick the black and gold were awesome. I was just like, bumm, man, because it's so like I look forward to that every year. I mean, I've only been three times.
Speaker 4: But it was all it's all man, Hey, last two have been alternate, so just I'm creeping in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah you got three and then two alternates.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's you know, you look back to the years they don't say alternates on there.
Speaker 2: Just if you go matters man, that stuff is I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, it's it's fun.
Speaker 5: I just like seeing all the other guys, and you know, at their game you only get five, what maybe ten minutes to talk to all these good players. You try to pick the reins and then you know, you got to go in the locker room. So I thought that was pretty cool, just meeting all those guys talking to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think spending the whole week one, but like there's everyone's in the same area the whole time, and it's just cool to meet people, and you have you have a perception of you know, who Richard Sherman is, Like Richard Sherman my first Pro Bowl, meeting him and talking to him and watching him as a dad, you have a totally like he's this hockey all over the place dude. And then you meet him. He's like a great dad. He's a great conversationalist, he's a good person. And I became I became a fan of Richard Sherman because I was able to sit there and pick his brain and talk to him.
Speaker 5: But as you know, that don't sell. You know, all the good American dream doesn't sell people. People want controversy, they want they want that, they want the buzz.
Speaker 2: No, no question, but that's part of the business. Now. We were talking last night about like Kobe Lebron obviously all Kobe stuff going on right now, yeah, and like who is a better player and stuff like that. And then like when Kobe was in his prime, there was like it was just grind. It was just grind, and you got your accolades based on just be how good were you at basketball? And now it's like there's so much more that goes into it. What's your name? How many followers do you have on social media?
Speaker 4: It's a whole different.
Speaker 1: Game outside of your Yeah, when you're not everybody.
Speaker 2: And the thing, I know this is gonna sound kind of ridiculous, and we keep kind of going back to Pro Bowl and like how people get voted when it comes to like Pro Bowl and voting for Pro Bowl, voting for all Pro You should definitely do stuff in the community, but I don't think you're voting for those anything to do.
Speaker 4: It should just be the tape.
Speaker 2: You're either a terrible person or group, doesn't matter. It's how good you use a football player in this profession, like right here.
Speaker 5: Obviously the fans are what make the game, but far as the I feel like the coaches and the players should vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, the fans, And I like, I'm not so sure that the fans vote really count what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They just make They can say, hey, well it's they.
Speaker 1: I mean, they do say it though they say it's thirty three percent.
Speaker 2: It's thirty three three three thirty three. Every year I've made it, I wasn't even top ten of voting of tackles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but maybe your big percentage in't come from the fan part. Well, obviously my my voting, but you're saying like you're saying that they don't You're saying that the fans don't count at all. I'm saying, I mean, maybe it could for a couple of guys that.
Speaker 2: After thirty three percent, is what I'm saying that that's going to be. It's it's tough for me to wrap my mind if I'm like, if I'm voted eighteenth of all these tackles and then I make the three in the AFC, like when I get every sixty six percent, you know what I'm saying of the coaches and coaches and players. That's that's where it kind of throws me off a little bit, like how much how much does the value of a fans vote actually count?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll tell you what was frustrating is only there's only three tackles, so the rotation's messed up, and so nobody wants to play right tackle, and so you play the whole game most of it. It was like, so I didn't play the last four or five games because my ankle had an ankle injury against the Giants, pretty nasty one. So so during the game I'm actually out there, I can feel scar tissues and stuff breaking up, and it's like, I guess there's my last, my last game of rehab for the next season.
Speaker 1: No doubt. Would you rather be voted Pro Bowl or All Pro?
Speaker 5: I guess All Pro is more prestigious, but I guess it probably has a better fit to it because the Pro Bowl because it comes from the players and it's not from the media.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that whole thing is gotten.
Speaker 1: Because then all Pro in it, like is it one player and every I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of it.
Speaker 2: That means the right tackle on the left tackle.
Speaker 4: But they look at they look at p f F.
Speaker 2: That's what they go at. Hey, and even the Madden ratings, all that ship is PFF. All of it.
Speaker 5: PFF is such you want to get some guys pissed off from their pride going, let's talk some PF yeh du p F Still.
Speaker 2: So I heard this and you can because I heard this came from an Eagles player, somebody who played for the Eagles on the offensive line. Their brother wanted like lights p f F or enjoyed something about it. So the email that reached out and was like, hey, I like what you guys are doing. I want to be a part of it, Like, what can I do? How do I get started with p f F And they emailed them back and said, what's your level of football? And the guy said, you know where I'm going with this. The guy said, I was a JV football player, and they said, great, you're in hired minimum rate these games or watch these games and give us your grades. I mean, that is that's not that's not a sound thing to do.
Speaker 5: And if you ran, it's definitely ramped up in the past year. So like, I feel like it's gotten a lot better, but.
Speaker 2: It's definitely startup. Was Yeah, you're kind of just throwing in fire, right exactly.
Speaker 5: And what's bad is the meaning that's all they have to really, you know, far as offensive line play, it's right.
Speaker 3: And then you've got a bunch of reporters that have have access to the All twenty two or whatever, so then kind of put clips together and kind of pretend like they know everything that's going on.
Speaker 1: I mean some guys do There are guys who are good reporters out there, Yeah, there are some.
Speaker 2: We got some funny ones.
Speaker 1: It's right, there's there's so many funny ones, you know what I mean. We're just crazy.
Speaker 4: We have a guy named less Bow and he'll just come up to you after a game and just say, two sacks. Are you stating it? Or you asked me a question? Yeah, two sacks?
Speaker 1: Get the face, bro, whore I fucking swing on your ear?
Speaker 2: Okay? Never play football? Like, what do you want me to say back to that? Yeah, dude, Oh my god. Media people pissed me off. Sometimes. I had a whole media playlist on my phone on Spotify. It starts with like Dead Puppies and then a medium paced by Adam Sandler and this like screaming music. But every single time they come in and they come and interview me or any offensive line that I put that music on so they they can't use now just to fuck with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're good people.
Speaker 2: A lot of them are really good people.
Speaker 4: I just want to have a go pro on my locker.
Speaker 5: So, hey, you're interviewing me, but hey, I'm gonna interview you, and I don't putting the shit out on Twitter before you ever have a chance to.
Speaker 2: Before you have practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that our first out of the day.
Speaker 3: Buying tickets can be complicated and confusing, but there's a simpler way to buy with Sea Geeks. Seat Geek is the smartest, easiest way to get tickets to every type of live event, whether you're catching your favorite musician on tour, shopping for the perfect gift, or searching for a last minut little deal to see your favorite team play, like the Titans or the Raiders or any of the boys out there. See Geek helps you find the best deals at the best price. Is fully guaranteed. Nothing beats being there person for the biggest plays of the year, and seat Geek will get you closer to the action for a great value.
Speaker 2: I'm just talking about those to those Titans games. I love to play in them. Why don't you love Come watching it a little bit. Maybe makee the playoffs next year, have a little fun. See Gee's gonna get you there where you want to be there at the right time. Baby, we're going low seats, We're going high seats. Falling on a budget. That's what you gotta do. They fed Eric Church actually use seat Geek to get me some concert takes to Eric Church about three years ago. Okay, I wish I had a promo code. I wish I had ten dollars off at the time. But you know what the boy had to buy full price. It's ridiculous. But with us with Busting with the Boys, give yourself a little promo code here what we'll tell them about the promo code.
Speaker 3: The promo code is busting. That's bussi in and again. Seat Geek saves you time and money by searching multiple ticket sites to compare prices and find amazing deals and to get you the most bang for your buck. Because we're all on a budget, seat geek grays every ticket based on value to help you immediately identify the best seats that fits your budget. Plus, every purchase is fully guaranteed, so you can shot for tickets on seat geek with confidence. Make seat geek your go to app for finding the best deals on every type of ticket, from sports to concerts, to the boys to anything you're into.
Speaker 2: Anything you're into, including Busting with the Boys. Don't forget to get our merch at the website. Yeah, just put two ads in one that's a suck. It's it's Philly. That's is it that ruthless? It's ruthless, Bro, it's.
Speaker 1: Mad like that.
Speaker 5: Huh Yeah, But like one thing JP said, Bro, He's like, Hey, if you're gonna stay here. He said, this place is gonna keep you on your toes because it's it's really I mean, it's a year to year deal far as and and like when I look at all, there's a lot of players that haven't like stayed the whole clearer like mc nab went somewhere else, Brian Dawkins went somewhere else, Reggie White went somewhere else. It's like, it's not a good track record for as guys staying.
Speaker 1: But I mean d Jack at first too.
Speaker 2: Ja, Yeah, that was a that was interesting. So yeah, how'd that go?
Speaker 1: I played with djon Hey.
Speaker 5: It's her best deep threat in the NFL, and he's cut next day and you're going, well, here we go.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 4: It's fucking wild, dude, It was though.
Speaker 1: It was it was cool playing on the skins like Philly. It was like your favorite place to go because they hate you so fucking much.
Speaker 5: It's such a hostile but I love It's like if you can put up getting harassed, and dude, they end up liking you if you can put up with ship over time.
Speaker 1: So really how much it Yeah, it's a cool. It's a cool environment. They tried to make it after dude, it's crazy, brother.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know sometimes the brother wants to beat out of you.
Speaker 3: When they won the super Bowl and you seen people climbing telephone poles, that's right, when they won the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: It's like, it's like into dude, that must have been a wild fucking ride winning the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but what what seed were you guys? Here's one seed right now we're one. But Carson got a couple of like two games towards the c O when he tried that. Yeah, that was my fault too, because I think I got a holding call on the previous play where.
Speaker 2: We scored and we had to think. You know, when he when he ran, that's when dudes hit like exactly, and he stayed in for another play and he just sat there and ripped winning for he's a country boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he likes he likes to hunt. He's uh, he's he's pretty fun. He's got a pretty interesting little workout routine. He does a lot of I don't know if you ever heard of Alda, but what about it's all about you know, he wants to keep the rotational power. It's all about linkedining of the spine elongate and the muscles. Yeah, eld doa quarterback stuff.
Speaker 1: Jesus. The routines are just piss you off when you're in there grinding and they're just walking around with some trainer or something. And I don't do in mine too.
Speaker 4: The specialist, that's the I love those guys, those guys, those guys in there.
Speaker 2: Well, those guys except for camp Camp might.
Speaker 4: Playing candy crush and fucking setting up.
Speaker 1: All their golf maps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where you're gonna go? Yeah, dude, that's wild. Carson gets hurt. What was it the last game of the year.
Speaker 4: No, it's two games ago.
Speaker 5: So Nick finished end up beating the Rams, and I forgot who we we played Dallas the last game. I think I forgot who was before them, may have been the Ams in Dallas, but yeah, anyways, it was just.
Speaker 4: Everybody's counting us out. Carson's Carson's done.
Speaker 1: What do you think when Carson went down, because he was obviously having an m v P.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I played with Nick.
Speaker 5: I just mean I even knew and O t A is that what we were going to be able to do, just from the defense that we had and then the weapons that we had and that's how we were clicking. And uh yeah, I just you know with Nick I was there my rookie year and he was their quarterback, him and Mike Vick and kind of the same situation happened, and so.
Speaker 2: The legend was born.
Speaker 5: The legend legend, yeah, continued he was already a legend. And then I'll tell you what is it is the rumors true?
Speaker 1: Does he have a piece on him? Look at the camera, look at one of the look at that one over there before.
Speaker 4: You need to get animal plannet on there. We need, we need that much of a deal.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, that boy.
Speaker 2: And you know what the thing is is always the most unsuspected. It's the dudes that you're like, probably not like Zach. Zach's definitely, you know, he's got a monster on him thing losing circulation from taping that thing up on the side. Buddy, just saying, well, you know what what is it about that that gets a man?
Speaker 5: Remember, like a man could have three gold medals, or a man could have a huge, you know, a piece, and that remembered for with one of the gold medals.
Speaker 2: You're the guy back in school. Yeah, he went to the Olympics one all this.
Speaker 1: Though, it's like, oh, they put men in over him. It's like big, big Nick. I think at least he's got that piece.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's been passed down through time through DNA. It's like he used.
Speaker 2: Years pure bloodlines to get that piece. Dude, we had a dude in college that was like he was out of hand. Everybody's got one. Everybody's got that dude in college to see it, and you're like, Jesus Christ, keep me away from that guy. This the dude, this dude, I'm not going to say his name, no free shoutouts, but his girlfriend was at a party and his girlfriend was talking to me and she's like bragging about she's the only girl that's been able to been able to take it all. And like he told me that. I was like, listen, don't tell people that. Don't tell people that you can take all of that things Like he was gonna think that's your room now. And this thing was like this cup. It was like this, the girth, the length, everything.
Speaker 4: You probably kind of felt sorry for I did.
Speaker 2: I was afraid to talk to her.
Speaker 4: Seems like you had mixed feelings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nick's got a piece. That's good to know because you never know, never know.
Speaker 5: And then yeah, and if you ever talked with him about it, he was always I mean he was you guys just always played it off. He'd never nothing, like nothing, Oh yeah he was. So he used to room with Selex brother at Michigan State and uh, I guess Garrett. Garrett was fucking with Nick about something and uh he said, to keep fucking ma, I'm gonna show your girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah no that yeah, allegedly allegedly allegedly And what do you do do you keep messing with them?
Speaker 4: I don't think you said nothing the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: That's his wife, now, dude, that's awesome. So where were Yay you played the Cowboys? How much do you hit the Cowboys?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: You gotta hate them. Are you jealous of how cool of ship they have? Yeah? Kind of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like just going to the locker room and seeing all that and walking out in the field, You're like, fuck, I'm in a damn spaceship.
Speaker 2: That's the craziest stadium. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think we played them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we played them there in Philly the final game before the playoffs, and then we played Falcons and that was the tight game. The whole game and Julio, and we end up stopping Julio and then to win. That's where the whole dog mass ship came out. It was it was the night before or the a couple of days before. Chris was talking, you know how we were the number one seed and we're getting shipped on this because everybody was hurt, and Carson got hurt and then.
Speaker 2: Went on Amazon and got this thing. And so you got to get in your head if we win this game.
Speaker 5: If you win it, yeah, and I gas I gave it to Jason Peters. You get the nice and warm all game. And as soon as we won, we put that ship on and that goofy ship just took off.
Speaker 2: How many us did it?
Speaker 4: Was you, Chris Long, just me and Chris Song. I think bow into a few other guys that up doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the same Kelsey didn't do it. I think Kelsey did it. Hey, Kelsey, he's a beauty that that well, you know what we'll get there. I'm not going to keep jumping all over. Okay, okay, So this says Amazon sold out of that mask sold out.
Speaker 5: I think it started at uh like twelve dollars. They ended up going to forty forty two.
Speaker 2: Really, Oh damn, I'll tell you, Philly's got some crazy ass fans.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you guys are good, I can't imagine being the Philly Yeah, there's nothing.
Speaker 5: There's not a bigger ride, just because they've had all that pent up frustration for years, like fifty years for less or since they won the Super Bowl nineteen sixty or longer than that.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's fucking wild. So yeah, they were, they were going crazy. You played the Falcons, stopped Julio, best receiver in the game. Yeah, at the last second. Yeah, dog mess comes on, your life changes, it's different.
Speaker 5: The next week, Well, we're expected to get blown out by Minnesota. I just remember seeing Daniel Hunter on the on the field, and that's you know, that's.
Speaker 2: All I got to worry about. He's and he's just rocked up, Bro, he's rocked up. He was like, we played them my rookie year, so he wasn't fourteen. Oh it was my second year. Isn't fifteen, And he wasn't like as productive as he is now, like ever since Griffin was the dude then, Yeah, he was just long. He's come along a lot.
Speaker 5: He's good, he's strong, he's anytime you over said, he's going to go under. It's very good. Yeah, we just I don't know what click, man, but we ran r P O package. Was just clicking and they couldn't really stop it. Pretty simple game plan.
Speaker 3: You guys just probably felt good too, probably similar like you guys. So you guys know you're the roll and everybody's.
Speaker 2: Like house money.
Speaker 5: How's funny the pressure, The pressure is off. What I got to lose spear anyway, So it's it's a it's a good feeling. Ended up winning that game and it was to score of that game, so it was up. Yeah, but it's you know, going to the game, you know their defense you have linvall in in the middle. Uh you know, Griffin and Hunter on the edge. I think Bars there.
Speaker 4: So there, Harrison that Robison, Yeah, Harrison.
Speaker 1: Kendricks, Kendricks.
Speaker 2: So it was Roads. Their defensive stacked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they beat They beat the pace out out of this year in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn Stevens the new stadium. Nice. Yeah, that's why we played the super Bowl. That's where we end up.
Speaker 4: So we had a good memories and and then and then.
Speaker 1: We hey that's when that's when the kirk Cousin story with Zach Brown.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, Yes, that's when it happened.
Speaker 1: Zach goes out saying he's like the weak link.
Speaker 2: You know, I love the So you win this division, like, oh, you were the one seed. So that was a that was the NFC Championship.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we had to buy week. The first week it was the Rams and the Falcons. The Falcons up beating the Rams.
Speaker 2: And I believe that because they were like the hot team, right, They're like, yeah, and then Studs you beat you beat U Minnesota and then you'll play the fucking Tom Brady and the Patriots.
Speaker 1: It's such a legendary and I remember watching it.
Speaker 2: A legendary game, dude.
Speaker 5: I remember watching the ship like when it was three or when was three or four when they played and they ended up losing.
Speaker 4: I just remember that. I as a kid, I was like, fuck, I'm here, that's how dude.
Speaker 1: That's so so wild. That's cool to hear it too.
Speaker 3: Did you like taking a moment like you remember something like that as a kid, and then you're on the playing field and you're beating but it all goes legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it all.
Speaker 5: I mean that whole week went by fast. You obviously have so much stuff to do, but it's they did a pretty good job of just keeping the schedule the same and what.
Speaker 2: Stuff do you have to do when you I mean, I'm so jealous we didn't beat the game, beat the Chiefs and get to experience it ourselves. But what was that like the whole week leading up to it, because the first week you stayed in Philly, right, the two weeks leading up to the first week, you stay in Philly, and then when do you guys fly down?
Speaker 5: Then we flew down either that's Saturday or Sunday before we started all week and it was man, it was cold. I think it was I was snowing like three or four foot me just crazy.
Speaker 2: Winter. Those are the two seasons. Yeah, so we got a big dose of that.
Speaker 5: And then uh yeah the week we just we trained at Minnesota's facility, so we had that and just uh we had the the early on in the in the week was all the media stuff and then Georgian any kind of quieted quiet down. But yeah, I just the season so long, you know, you're just you're so ready just to get to it, you know, And that was really it and it all went by fast. So next thing you know, you're back in O. T A said like nothing happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that awesome. I mean the parade, especially the way you guys did it too. Yeah. I feel like I remember your guy, the way you guys celebrated the parade more than any other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the city. The city went nuts. Like I said, it was just people everywhere. There was beer everywhere. Got started early.
Speaker 4: It was just just a blur.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I saw Kelsey's costume before we started, and I was like, you know, what the hell is this dude going to do? He went and done it and done it.
Speaker 2: I watched it like the other day. Yeah, he was he killed that.
Speaker 1: He crushed.
Speaker 2: He gets like he gets like that in the in like a line of meetings too.
Speaker 5: He's always really always has something very profound to say, something with wisdom.
Speaker 1: That's very cool. That's the period right there.
Speaker 2: It's like, what is he? Man?
Speaker 1: Why is he doing this again? Then he does says something and he's like pretty no doubt.
Speaker 2: When not when you gut when you just come with the Philly Special? Do you just had that in the playbook all year?
Speaker 5: Was in somebody else's playbook. I think either Chicago had it or I can't remember cat League League. It was from some team and and.
Speaker 2: So you guys just took it and you guys had it. How long do you guys have it? You put it in for that game?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we had it for a couple of weeks, for a few weeks, so I think we had the Minnesota game. We just never did to use it. And then you know, that's one of those plays that you're like, man, it'd be cool if we ran it. You're in practice, like, we're never gonna run this in the game, and you call it. I'm like, all I gotta do is is is fucking fake fake fake a boot and.
Speaker 2: Watch the best. You have to watch it because he has hand on your hip right and he's like, yeah, the kids was lane lane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I was thinking, don't don't jump off sides and fuck this whole thing.
Speaker 2: No doubt this is it stops comes up.
Speaker 1: Do you think he like uncomfortably walks up to the line with that.
Speaker 2: He tapped you on the ass. There, got aggressive he did with that piece behind If that piece is behind me, I'll get nervous jump off side.
Speaker 1: Hey, but his hand fake play and Tom dropped it.
Speaker 2: Remember us, really, dude, because we put everybody right. That play works. We put that play in for next year. The Patriots ranted on us and Tom dropped it. Didn't get it, and then the next or like the next series, we ran it and Marcus caught it. No problem past. Yeah, I remember that was in the Super Bowl too. No, he didn't. Jesus.
Speaker 5: I remember there in the game. It's two minutes left. Tom already has the ball and it's like, what do you think? Yeah, you're done, I'm done. You're thinking like a fuck.
Speaker 4: He's about he's about to pull the sword from the stone and just yea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude. When we were up fourteen thirteen and they were on the two yard line, nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nine fifteen seconds left, dude, he's about to do it.
Speaker 2: His fingertips, just the timp, just a tip, dude. He is such a stud, Tom. But they had what two minutes and then Brandon Graham got that sack right, Jesus, stud, Jesus. He talks so much shit until he gets tired, until he gets hired. As soon as he gets tired, he stuck funny ship, dude, He's hilarious. He was he was a senior when I was a freshman at Michell.
Speaker 5: That got strong six one, two eighty and I've send him power cleaning over four. I send him a bench about five.
Speaker 2: He was a Mike barwist dudent. He was like Mike bars Is, like, son, Yeah, what was that? What was that show? It was a Baris methods, no.
Speaker 4: American muscle, That's what it was.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 4: It was him, sue Mike Martin.
Speaker 2: It was Hey.
Speaker 4: I don't think it lasted about ten episodes, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was so funny. It's just like they talk about God so much. Yeah, God, God, God, God. In the next scene would be like fucking basic. I was like, whoa man, oyeat a lot going on here. Discover bar dude, Barbis is unbelievable though. Yeah, he was like to check it out. Someone told me he was like twenty two and oh in the UFC, like beating the ship out of dudes and quit and became a doctor, or you know, he was about to be a doctor, quit and did went twenty two in the UFC. Well, and it might just be like folk tale, but he would like he would come up with me like the one feel my leg, Like Mike, I really don't want to figure it leg, Come on, just touch it, just touch it, all right. They'd be like this, Damn, it'd be like concrete. He was just built different, dude, and he would kill us. He would absolutely build different.
Speaker 1: Things.
Speaker 2: Were just different. He just built different. Had he just had a different life. But him and Brandon Graham, dude, they were they're like soulmates, those two.
Speaker 5: They were always again, maybe the happiest dude I've ever seen. Yeah, he's always smiled, always, always smiling about something. He had that big scar on his head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's Someone told me that he he got that scar on his head because his freshman year, like a senior like hit him in the head with a with a helmet. That's a big ass scar. I think he goes.
Speaker 4: Across about it. But ask him about we had Uh, we had David Milk there too.
Speaker 2: Molk's beauty.
Speaker 5: Mosk's a unique if if Milk was three over three hundred was maybe six three. How explosive was that guy out of his stance?
Speaker 2: Dude, he's the most most center I've ever seen. Yeah, Kelsey moves because Kelsey's on his size too.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, yeah, I when Kelsey probably plays at two ninety to eighty five.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't. Mink was too eighty.
Speaker 5: But hey, I remember the first day he walked in there and he's in there power clean at four or five, and we got some dudes in there just looking at him like he's a fucking mutant.
Speaker 2: Then he was, and then and then he then he wrote a book.
Speaker 5: But he always showed up in his khakis, is his sperries every day. He's just various khakis and like, uh, smiling, just to piss off people. He knew who he could piss off, who he couldn't.
Speaker 2: He was such an asshole for the right reasons. Hey, I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 4: I love watching it.
Speaker 2: Yeah from a distance.
Speaker 1: Simply Safe with.
Speaker 3: Home security. There's two ways you can go by protecting your home. There's the traditional way, where you wait for weeks for a technician to do a messy insulation that costs a small fortune, or there's the other way. Simply Safe simply says. Simply Safe is everything you need in a home security system. It's award winning protection, two time winner of c NET Editor's Choice Award.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal you want cameras outside. Let's say you want your people are breaking into your house. Maybe there's some stuff going on. A couple of a couple of B and E is outside, all right. I know in my neighborhood there's some there's some little teenagers out there running around checking doors.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 2: I'm smarter than the average bearer. I got my simply safe, I got my cameras outside, I got my cameras all over the place making sure these little guys don't come and start to steal anything. Also, for those of you who are a little worried, you know what, you can always seeus coming in out of your house. Maybe you're maybe you're out, maybe you have to go on a business trip, maybe the missus is at home. Maybe a little worried about what might be going on in your home life. Simply safe all around, all right, you're welcome go to.
Speaker 3: Simplysafe dot com slash busting today and you'll get free shipping in a sixty day risk free trial. You've got nothing to lose. Go now and be sure to go to simplysafe dot com slash bussing. That's simply safe dot com slash bussing.
Speaker 2: We care about your safety. Here at Busting with the boys. We care about the boys because we're for the boys, homegrown by the boys. Now, if you want to be safe, get simply safe, and we'll look out for all your homegrown needs. All right, We're here for you, and we got you a couple of deals right around the corner. It's never too much of a price to be safe, But why not save a couple bucks on the way there?
Speaker 1: Anyone can do it.
Speaker 3: It takes thirty minutes to an hour, tops, and there's absolutely no trade off to your safety. You have an army of highly traned security experts ready to dispatch police to your home at a moment. Twenty four seven. If you have a B and E again, simply safe dot com slash busting.
Speaker 2: You're talking about fifty cents a day with no contract. Well, you can't put a price on safety, but I guess it's fifty cents a.
Speaker 1: Day simply safe dot com slash busting.
Speaker 3: What was it like playing with Chris Long's You're just on his pod not too long ago.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, last week. Man, he's just so funny. It's just if you ever want to know or have any wisdom, talk to him, or if you don't. You can talk to Howie after games. It's just it's a unique family. I think uh him growing up. I guess in the predicament he did. You know, his dad's a Hall of Famer. He's the first round pick. I feel like he went through a lot of pressure and overcame stuff and just has a good perspective of kind of everything and how he views stuff.
Speaker 2: And so he's a fun he's a fun teammate. He does love the community too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he does a bunch of shit with the water Boys. He does the climb every year and kill him and jaw. Speaking of helloi did that not a bo allen Kels?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: So they died?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't imagine.
Speaker 4: It's like twenty. It's like nineteen or something like that. Something crazy.
Speaker 5: Really think about being in Denver? That's five And have you ever played in Denver?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you playing denverer? This year? It was horrible. I played a little hard to breathe, bro It's tough. It's so hard to breathe in there. It's cheating.
Speaker 5: I played there in my rookie year and I remember, you know, our sports science team was saying, you know, don't the auction is gonna.
Speaker 2: Be a little bit, but not too much.
Speaker 5: I remember being out there the first drive and Evan Mathis playing left guard. Dude's absolute machine. Never shows any pain. I saw Kelsey. Kelsey was fucking dying.
Speaker 2: I was dying.
Speaker 5: I look over there at matthis who never shows any pains, and he's over there looks like a.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Worst day of my life.
Speaker 1: That was, especially during them long drives too.
Speaker 4: Von Vaughn wouldn't play, and thank god, could you imagine?
Speaker 2: I can't imagine was it's it's just different up there, dude. It's so because it's you think, oh, it's mind over matters, and you get out there. I literally remember warming up, jogging forty yards and back and I came out. I was like, it's gonna be a large, long day. I think we got to go back there next year. Pull up our schedule for next year. I think we go back to Denver. Yeah, at Denver because because you guys, because you guys lost, you got third in the division instead of second the division because we finished second.
Speaker 1: But now we played that, Oh so you guys could have played, We could play.
Speaker 2: We could have played Joel at Vegas.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a dope set up.
Speaker 2: How many dudes you think arena get arrested the first month the Raiders are in Vegas? Zero you think that?
Speaker 1: I think I think that answer right there. I just think no one will ge arrested within one month.
Speaker 5: Yeah, someone's gonna be Oh no, it's gonna be Yeah, it's gonna be exciting. But one give a little bit of a little bit more time, someone will get got.
Speaker 1: So yeah, someone will for sure get got. I'm just saying it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be like some rookie that just got there, don't know what he's doing. Signs his check, get the signing. The tables. I got a couple those tables will suck in. Now, you may not let you out. Yeah, they may not let you out. You've been watching dishes the rest of you. What is is that it for next year? Go away? Yep? There they are Denver fucking Broncos. Dude, Green Bay at Ravens Ravens, that was a lot of stadium. I don't know.
Speaker 5: A lot of the stadium, Like, yeah, it feels like you're in a video game and around the controls used to rattle doing that.
Speaker 2: When we played the divisional game against the Ravens, this year, the pre the pre game with the lights flashing and the hype, like the hype machine going on there, Lamar Jackson back first game? How was the playoffs? And it was loud. Yeah, you couldn't hear a thing. I have to be in my stance and look up.
Speaker 4: You played a two point all the time most time?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's whenever Chip got in there, and he never would really get it let us get in the three point.
Speaker 2: It was always two point.
Speaker 1: What was it like playing for him?
Speaker 5: I mean the offense is pretty similar to what I ran in in uh n out pretty much the same thing, running to play every every fifteen.
Speaker 3: But you're not in you're not in college anymore. You're like you're like a vet in the NFL, and they're trying to incorporate.
Speaker 4: The Oh yeah, there was a lot of bets that weren't particularly.
Speaker 2: Fun, but they weren't having But he wouldn't have it. Man.
Speaker 5: I think we're just a couple of pieces away from really because you know, when we go back and look at the record, I think we were ten and six two years he was there, and I'm thinking nine and seven, so and we never had a quarterback that really fit the si him. You know, we had Nick, We did have Vic who fitted ended up getting hurt. Sam Bradford, who's just run out of his mind, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but other than that, it was it was quick.
Speaker 2: The first few years done Jesus. Yeah, that's tough dude to yo to do like a spread something like that. Yeah, he should have probably have stayed at Oregon. If he stayed at.
Speaker 4: Org I think if we could have got Mariota, I mean, he was.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 4: There was a trade I think that was about to take place with us.
Speaker 2: He said something about He said something about like when you drive past a nice house and then you see the price. There was like an article that came.
Speaker 5: Out because no he said, sometimes you followed the boat in land in San Francisco. Sometimes you follow the boatland and ship talking about Philly.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: There was another thing he said about Marcus. He was like, we're there someing a potential trade.
Speaker 4: I thought the price.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I hope Marcus, I hope. I'm like, he's one of the nicest dudes in you would you would love him as a teammate. I hope he goes somewhere where he kills it takes off he's gone, dude, if he gets in the right situation, you know, he uses his strengths as an offensive lineman, like we got to run a spread offense or a power offensive, we're gonna be I if you can run a little bit and strong enough, you're gonna be right.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: For quarterbacks and receiver and running backs, like, it's different.
Speaker 1: You need a lot of shit to click.
Speaker 2: You need some shit to click at variables.
Speaker 3: It was always it was always a pain in the ass playing against the chip Kelly offered defense. I mean, you go from playing like fifty or sixty plays a game to like at least ninety ninety and it was miserable.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's wild, it says. The Eagles reportedly offered multiple first round.
Speaker 3: Picks the very first game that you guys had it was against It was my peace squad or something at home watching and they're play the Redskins and just dust them. And everyone thought, like, Yo, this chip Kelly system is about to just take it.
Speaker 4: We went, We ran like fifty three plays the first half.
Speaker 1: First half.
Speaker 2: How tied were you? Fuck? But how tired were they?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And iver, if you ever get tired, just look over at the other guys, I'm gonna be all right. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be alright.
Speaker 4: It's like a grace period.
Speaker 5: You know. The first quarterbays tough. That third quarter ye, hey, mask off right, your true colors, true colors always come out.
Speaker 2: If you can see, if you can be in shape as an off its linement, it's good. It's everything, it really is, just because you're gonna stale mat that first the first two quarters, you're gonna stale mate every time, like it's they're fucking strong. But when whoever gets weird down first, yeah, that ship's gonna take a turn. Yep. Being shape means everything. That's sh It's hard. But if you guysould have got Marcus, I think Chip would probably still be there right now. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean because it was.
Speaker 2: I mean it was.
Speaker 5: It was working, no question. I mean, that's that's when Nick came on the scene. He had that twenty seven touchdowns two interceptions.
Speaker 4: We played the Raiders.
Speaker 5: That's when he had a seven touchdown game out there, rookie years out there Towson.
Speaker 4: I'm like, is that three or four? No, it's six, one more ties the record. That's crazy. The legend of Nick Foles.
Speaker 2: What do you do you think he's gonna do well next year? What do you think's gonna happen in Jacksonville? I don't know. Yeah, it's a different it's differ thing.
Speaker 4: You need to have minshew on here. I think he's out. He's somewhere bus busting.
Speaker 5: Around Americas across town.
Speaker 3: We've we've shot the comment to him when he was talking about going, We're like, hey man, you got a spot.
Speaker 1: On bust with the boys, you want to come through. He'd be a good fit.
Speaker 2: He would be a good fit with his jeworts. I want him to stash. I wonder how well how that whole thing's going to turn out, because they have like dead like they owe him like another twenty five million dollars? So do you cut him and let him go? I mean, I know you can't answer this question. Is just I don't know. I'm more thinking about lot of the options.
Speaker 1: You can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, because just like anybody else as a Titan, as a Titans fan, for me, I'm sitting here going bite the bullet. What do they do with Tannehill and Derek and you know the ten other guys. You know what I'm saying, what's going on? Because you can't keep everybody, and then who do your franchise tag transition.
Speaker 5: It's crazy how maly people come and go throughout your crew, just the locker. You know, every ota is somebody different. It's just crazy.
Speaker 3: And then before you know, you're like, hey, there's only three of us left from this exactly yet class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I only into Kwon Jonzon which dudes left in my draft class? And I think is that stunning? But I think I think our whole room is different. I think Delaney Walker.
Speaker 4: He's a beast. He's he's ageless, close guy.
Speaker 2: I think I've ever man like. He's one of those dudes cool, you know what I'm saying, Big Delanney guy, Big Delay Delanney guy, Delaney was there, Brett kern or Punter. He isn't the only dude that a drell casey. Ye think he's a beast. I think, I mean he's a stud.
Speaker 5: When I play's practice, he's uh, he's very remote or pretty agile for his size. Yeah, he's a little last feet. Do you think he words like a size size none? And he's three five or whatever he is.
Speaker 2: Littles don't matter. Look at these pieces.
Speaker 1: No, but he's got he's got little. He looks like a like a juice box with like too strong.
Speaker 2: Is how you look?
Speaker 4: So you play?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt he's funny.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Drell's good, really good.
Speaker 3: Do you still get a lot of uh do you still get a lot of slack for the suspensions?
Speaker 2: Uh? No, not really.
Speaker 5: I mean sometimes my teammates every day are usually me and Brandon were going at it.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, Like that's got to be a good yeah, every day.
Speaker 2: Part of my take started calling us the juice box juicing.
Speaker 1: With the boys.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anytime I try to get ahead of myself, they just put me back down the earth.
Speaker 2: Man, it's tough. What what what?
Speaker 1: What was something you leaned on in in like those kind of trying times?
Speaker 5: Just like mentally, I just want to get out there and play because I knew It's it's not like you know. One thing is that it's been the biggest motivating thing in my career. It's that all my successes came after So it's like everything that I've had to prove is has taken place, and I think it's been a good motivator. Obviously, it's not how you want to start your career. Not have it, but I'm it was what it was, and it's like time still goes on. You have to prove yourself, whether you get to spend or not. Hey, that every year is different, so every year to prove yourself. That's a good thing about football. You have a lot of time to redeem yourself. Yeah, what'ing easy. All your guarantees are gone, your fucking reputation is gone, and all you have to do is fucking all you can do is go there and go work and go. Hey man, I ain't got nothing else to lose.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 5: And it kind of in a way, he took the pressure off. I mean, the pressure was on, but it like I don't know, I guess my level as the Fox just kind of.
Speaker 1: Went down eventually goes out the window. And then you win a super Bowl. It's kind of like and.
Speaker 5: Then that was the year that that happened. So after that, spencially won and then just got a new contracts. So but as you know, as I mean, the money he has, it's cool, but all everybody wants in the league is to be validated by their peers.
Speaker 2: That's all he wanted to.
Speaker 5: Like, man, he was a good player, that's all everybody, and he wants out of this game. And I feel like, you know, even when guy's retire, that's how they you know, when they have their talks, they're not talking about talking about kind of guy you were and kind of player you were.
Speaker 1: It's all mirage.
Speaker 5: When we're playing, you know, we all want to be validated. How many Pro Bowls, how many this? But after you retire, man, think what Marshaan says, nobody really gives a fuck.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I'm saying. Take care of your chickens.
Speaker 1: Take care of your chicken.
Speaker 3: It's like it was like playing with Chris Long and you refer to not even stuff about him playing It was like he's a great fucking dude.
Speaker 4: He's a great friend. Yeah, it's like, you know what it is, you know what the locker rooms are.
Speaker 2: That's I mean, that's really all that matters, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, the thing is is that in the NFL, everything is so black and white. Everything is you can't bullshit it. Everything is on is on tape, and it's like a regular job where you can.
Speaker 2: Sugar coat did this. It wasn't me, it was Lane or its well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everything's voundated white, and so it's that's the good thing, that's the pure thing about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does. It's stressful, stressful, fucking stressful.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, and I feel like I have to ask because I got to two guys on who kind of went through some ship and it's like, yo, I mean, we're all in here, you know, what.
Speaker 2: The fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Nobody's talking about.
Speaker 3: I'm still waiting for the questions, saying you definitely gotta you, definitely gott to ask the question, like what things you kind of lean on mentally because I saw you go through something like that.
Speaker 1: And then you know he comes on, he's calling on the bus and say, yea, I want to ask him.
Speaker 4: I like watching the the UFC, and I'm a big UFC fan. I like how those guys.
Speaker 5: When I think of guy's getting humiliated, could you imagine getting your fucking knocked out in the.
Speaker 2: Middle of a ring. That's I think about that all the time.
Speaker 5: Life and kids front roll see daddy getting their ass knocked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're getting choked out and having to tack. You're getting choked out, Like I gotta do, I literally quit right now.
Speaker 1: And then I can literally quit right now.
Speaker 2: You have to you have I have to quit or we're gonna lose oxygen to my brain.
Speaker 4: I feel like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that sport tests you well morning anything, because they have all these different styles. They have to do all this different training, lifting, jiu jitsu, fucking kickboxing, it's all you know, and it's just you think of playing tackle as being a mind fuck. You're going against these great d ms and you know you got Francis and Gani walking out the in the octagon, will.
Speaker 2: You Yeah, what's that like?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like that, it's kind of like that as an offul time.
Speaker 5: And know you're playing one on one game the whole game quarterbacks, depending on the receivers.
Speaker 2: And and and quarterbacks, Jomp's not even think about you.
Speaker 4: We're protecting on these right here. Yeah, in these and a little bit of what's left this?
Speaker 2: What do you do? How much mental stuff do you do to prepare for a season?
Speaker 5: With everything, I try to stay in the moment because I think most guys that are pretty good at what they do or either have something tacking off or either their perfectionists. They're so My thing is and one thing Jason Peter has always said is whatever you present to the D to the D lineman or to the d N is what they're going to give. So if you overset, we're gonna have a shitty set, they're gonna go inside. Right most times, if you're coming off and you're low and you have good quick feet and you and you get off the snap.
Speaker 2: Count not even some time, you're gonna win.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm a firm believer as an offensive lineman when you get beats because it's something you did, not because of what they did. Yes, you know, if you if you're set as inside out, you punched it enough, you don't lean, you know, you you register that it's a bull rush shoot enough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like a lot of is timing, timing. As you get older, whatever you may lose athletically, you can gain.
Speaker 2: And goodness yeah, Peter, But like Peters is a dude who he still has he still has that athleticism, He's still he's still quick. I mean, I don't know how well he holds up. I remember four and after games, but I remember my first practice.
Speaker 5: I'm going there and I'm waiting and I'm like three ten at the time. You know, they wanted me to get like three fifteen three twenty. This dude comes in after practice cold too, shorts three sixty one Solid three sixty one sixty one.
Speaker 2: Hey, bro, we're different. I'm like sometimes I look at him off at time, I'm like, I shouldn't be playing off the lot. Yeah, I feel like I'm way too small. Dennis Kin, Yeah he has he has big legs. His These are like three times I'll put my knee right next to his and I'm like, gosh, Yeah, what the fuck am I doing? You didn't move, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, get into that.
Speaker 4: You ever seen a prong horn with big legs?
Speaker 2: What horn? A prong horn? You ever seen an antelope with big legs?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Are they exploding off the ground. That's where they are. That's what you are. That's I appreciate you saying that. There you go, put up, pull that up, dude, show what I am. Oh you talking about the thing that always gets killed on natural Geographic we're talking about? Yeah, that's me boys and girls, dude, where else prays pray? Let's go?
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, Saffolds a unit.
Speaker 2: Watch him.
Speaker 4: I saw him play with the rams.
Speaker 5: Uh. He gets really low in his stance. So anytime you see a guy that can get that low you know the mobiley is good. Then he has good quick feet and then you see him what is he three thirty five three.
Speaker 2: Forty yeah, three twenty five thirty Yeah, I thought he's he's a Yes, dude, I'll tell you what. Will had a bit of a deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah he did. Yo. First play of the game, Raiders tis the boy gets to go out there. Im excited. I'm playing against the boys, the old team. First fucking play.
Speaker 3: They run like a they run like a belly week and I'm going to attack the a gap and this man defensive. This man puts his paws on me and damn near throws me into the stands. I'm like on my side of my god. Fuck, it's not a way to start thinking.
Speaker 4: I feel like you just had a seizure after the first play. Yeah, you have to regroup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rogers one of the most from He's one of the most athletic and one of the most strong players ever played with.
Speaker 4: That's how That's how Brooks is playing next to me. He's so efficient. It's like I'm over here kicking, you know, fucking like like that prong horn we're talking about. Yeah, he's over there.
Speaker 2: Boom boom, boom boom, done like five.
Speaker 4: Maybe five steps in the set. He's so big, he's so strong.
Speaker 2: Never gets tired.
Speaker 5: Oh he gets tired sometimes, but he's just so he don't ever, he never gets beat. He's just fucking never.
Speaker 2: Gets me Brooks. He was the one dealing with anxiety, right, Oh yeah, hey, we deal with it together. Yeah, I bet that. I mean everyone has it.
Speaker 5: Everyone has it's just different. I think anxiety is a good thing. It's a good motivator. I think it like when you wake up on game day and you have those jitters. I feel like that's what it's Still.
Speaker 2: It's like a primal in It's like a primal feeling.
Speaker 5: It's like fight or flight. Yeah, and so it's like a prehistoric and great in you and you try to fight it. But the more you do that, the worst.
Speaker 2: You just got to go with it. That's what's hard, dude, that to get that stuff locked in, because if you let that beat you up enough, you're gonna be slower. Yeah, you're out there and be afraid to mess. If frad to do that, it's like you gotta.
Speaker 5: I think it's just really performance anxiety, like because usually think with me and Brandon will get up. Usually game days five thirties will be thrown up or dry even It's just really I've been doing that since college. Don't ever every game day, every game, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't eat four games?
Speaker 4: No, I eat before games, like I'll go in there and dry heat five thirty in the morning, then go eat bakfast some good.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Can you not go back to sleep after you throw up too? I guess I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't go back to sleep. So usually even if it's night game, I'm up with like five thirty one.
Speaker 2: Thing that helps me a lot. I mean, I'm not a big throw up got before games. But like if I eat really really early and I don't eat like six hours.
Speaker 4: Before game, yeah, which is like I before a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's why I like night games are tough because you're like, yeah, I gotta I gotta eat at least twice. Yeah, have to otherwise you're be dead. Because there's there's been games where I all like, get those little crustables press I gotta scarf one series because I'm like, man, I feel I'm forgetting those.
Speaker 3: Because you don't eat a lot the day. Because I agree, it's like you don't want to eat. And but then like you're at like halftime and ship and you're like starving. I'm yeah, did I fuck myself by not eating that much?
Speaker 2: Have an orange peel of banana.
Speaker 4: You need to get some honey. Hey, just get your little little pot of honey.
Speaker 2: Little pot of honey like Winnie the Pooh, Winnie.
Speaker 4: The Pooh, and have that on the sideline.
Speaker 2: But you have some energy, yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Dhm D talks Saint Patty Sat.
Speaker 2: Saint Patty's days right around the corner, and March Madness is kicking off. To prepare yourselves, your body and your liver, which we all know we like to hurt sometimes so you can make the most out of the next day.
Speaker 4: We're talking about.
Speaker 2: Dh M D talks.
Speaker 1: I picture this, You're crushing beers. Sure you picked a.
Speaker 3: Nice twelve five upset opening round March mad and you're able to make it work for the next day.
Speaker 1: Life is great, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then I'm a little sick of hangovers. I know we all are. I'm sure when we were eighteen nineteen years old and not a lot of JOm we bounced back like there was no problem with DHA D talks.
Speaker 1: DHM Yep, DHMD talks.
Speaker 2: You got to be sure I get it right. Those are big, big letters for the board to take on. We take that detox. You're feeling better the next day. You got kids.
Speaker 4: I got kids.
Speaker 2: I gotta be a full time dad, all right, And if I want a couple drinks at night, I gotta be ready to bounce back.
Speaker 1: And you get to deserve. You just des some drinks in the evening without feeling awful the next day.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You're watching kids. You want to have a little bit of whiskey, a little bit of tequila, a little bit of beer.
Speaker 3: And you can take DHMD talks, which is a vitamin for people who enjoy alcohol.
Speaker 2: Listen, DHMD talks is a vitamin. Doctors say to take vitamins, so why not take DHMD talks. All right, there's a big deal for those of you who enjoyed a set, maybe a little too much.
Speaker 3: Always drink responsible, of course, celebrate without next day nausea, brain fog, anxiety, or headaches. DHMD talks uses science to help boost your body's natural response to alcohol.
Speaker 2: It's a natural ingredient. It's the natural blends. You hat a bunch of stuff, vitamins going on to my oxidants. You're throwing them around all together. You got scientists. There were beacons and busters lighting things on fire, blowing up at times. Also, you can have a great day the next day after having a little drinky that day.
Speaker 3: Just take two capsules after your first couple of drinks, not before, and it goes to work. Double up and take another packet. If you're having a big night with the boys.
Speaker 1: I don't know the next part.
Speaker 2: The convenient packets are easy to take with you anywhere, whether you're on ago or you're out to watch the game with the boys.
Speaker 1: It's now I keep part of our drinking routine. No days wasted after drinking. Don't forget and also don't forget to drink some water and get some sleep for optimal results. How important is your next day.
Speaker 3: For just a couple of dollars, you can wake up feeling fine after a night out of drinking. Also, there is free shipping on all orders in the US. DHM d TX is a risk free purchase, so you so you aren't satisfied after taking the product, they'll give you your money back. This is a no fucking brainer. We've got you twenty percent off your first order. Head over to dhm dtox dot com and use promo code busting. That's b U S S I N at checkout that is d h M d E t o X dot com. If you have any questions, send a message to at DHMD talks on Instagram.
Speaker 2: No free shoutouts. You do those smelling salt deals.
Speaker 5: Man, Hey, we did that hard and hard in college and we take it to the head man. Well, our strength coach is walking around in college with the smelling salts.
Speaker 4: Hey, you just you put it up to you. Let's go in a water bottle.
Speaker 2: Huh, in a water bottle.
Speaker 5: I remember one of my buddies just played for Tassla was like when we played ou, I knew were about to get her ass beat because some many our shrink coat at the time was walking around and just sucking lighting everybody up. He's like everybody fucking shaking their head. He's like, I knew we're about to get her ass.
Speaker 2: How Awestin was he playing for Oklahoma? So you're from Texas? You were in a Texas fingering up? Man.
Speaker 4: I went to I had to go to Juco, So I went to my high school. I had thirty people in my class.
Speaker 5: And for people that are listening, don't know you were a quarterback, a quarterback then a tight end still throat, Oh.
Speaker 2: A little bit you did? That's the Eagles and to do they put you in a quarterback for once in a while.
Speaker 5: Hey, I like to get a touchdown pass like Dennis Kelly. I mean, the guy's got two of them season to this season. How much is you having us?
Speaker 2: I think he's got three. Might just have two. Check out the hair, Look at the boy. Look at that charged that strong arm, bro, he tried to throw them down. Were playing Kansas?
Speaker 1: Did you play with U? You play with r so?
Speaker 2: Trent was?
Speaker 4: I think when I came out, I think he was a senior. We're going to a senior. Yeah. He's one of the biggest freaks ever.
Speaker 1: Freak.
Speaker 5: I like watching him play how he plays. He's violent, he's nasty, he's trying to get after people. Ship after the play.
Speaker 1: Just dude, you get him on the basketball court too. He like, let's run the three point line. Bro.
Speaker 2: He can.
Speaker 4: He's athletic as hell. He can. He can shoot a basketball.
Speaker 2: Would you love to go back to college for a year?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: Just to play a game, how easy college football would be.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, as far as who you're going against, we ran probably close to one hundred players in the game.
Speaker 2: Look at the different beard.
Speaker 5: You get two suspensions, you lose your hair, you get stressed out. That hair trickles down to this.
Speaker 2: Hey, I would kill for that beard.
Speaker 4: It's been going.
Speaker 2: It's getting better. Every year gets a little bit better. I told my wife, I said, half decade and we are. We're coming in fast on that.
Speaker 4: I was probably two ninety five, saying your arms.
Speaker 2: Look a little small in that picture.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: Into the old So going into my junior year, I was probably too eighty.
Speaker 5: And then I was playing D N and our and our offense cordinator comes down and said, how much you right now?
Speaker 4: So to you said next day, I was fucking past sudden.
Speaker 2: Really, that's how it started.
Speaker 1: That's that's exactly how the conversation went to Wait.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Stus wanted me to play it early in the spring, and I was like, bro, I don't want to play no line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please don't do this to Yeah.
Speaker 2: How many years you played right? How many years you play left?
Speaker 4: I played one it right and went left, so I played left. My senior year I played right virgin.
Speaker 2: So that wasn't a hard transition at all.
Speaker 5: Uh, it was difficult that summer because you know, you get so locked in on that side and then you try to go the other side.
Speaker 2: It takes time. I honestly cannot set up a right Hannah stance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 5: Well, your hips get shifted over time, everything gets You'll find it's almost like your body gets contorted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely can Hi way different. It's way way different. You play a game Bikert two right brother, give o fucking boy?
Speaker 5: Hey no, So I Kurt Man Gaye was big for me, helping me out far as because I didn't play until, I mean my junior year. The first couple of years I was there getting my ass kicked. But Gabe actually went to the transition year before I did. A couple of years I went from tight end to center. So we got in the same time. I remember we wigd in like two forty eight. Fucking next year it do was about two ninety five. Yeah, I gave looks good now, Yeah, he looks damn good.
Speaker 2: He looks good. He's shape got his jaw line.
Speaker 4: Back is jaw a his damn confidence back.
Speaker 2: That's a hold.
Speaker 4: That is a hold. Hey, hey, you just gotta play it all someday.
Speaker 2: I I don't get away with any holds.
Speaker 4: Why why is it the natural reaction with you're holding somebody? Why?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Its probably because you feel in your mind that the ref is looking straight at you. You're trying to let him know, Hey, I ain't grabbing him, to my hands on him now. Yeah, he's just on the ground.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Game is a good dude, man. He's so smart too, very smart.
Speaker 1: Who is Who was Game?
Speaker 2: Gabe Iker? He was an undrafted free agent in twenty fourteen with me put at Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: Fl Okay, so he came in as a tight end too, and then ended up going to the line before I did.
Speaker 2: But we came at the same time. His wife, Carolyn, she's all time. All their wedding was unbelievable. Oklahoma's a cool place.
Speaker 5: Man, Oklahoma is a cool place. We'll tell you weaknesses. Bull rush the funk out of him. That's what I got a good dose up my rookie year. Still Rush's continued the troll and anchor. Well, they look at us like, what is he three fifteen three ten, three fifteen? He can't anchor? So I know that's what they're going to go to. So I don't know how did you get drafted with a few times. I guess you end up learning.
Speaker 2: Learn how to handle bull rush. Yeah to Jesus, what what time? Where we at? Because we're getting close up?
Speaker 1: Were rolling? Dude?
Speaker 3: You were there when we we blew when we blew our seventeen point lead in the Big twelve championship against Nebraska.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was, I was watching.
Speaker 1: We were we were yeah, fresh sophomore?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Second?
Speaker 4: Was Sue there or no?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was he there?
Speaker 4: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: No, Hi, Jared Kreik, No, No he wasn't because Sue was still play.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: He used to be the Texans.
Speaker 2: He was the Texas and he was with Denver for a while.
Speaker 1: He was sold.
Speaker 2: But if all the guys they had, you're like, give me Craig, give me cig. They had Whitney, they had Clowney, they had what. I was like, where the is that white.
Speaker 4: Guy passed off?
Speaker 3: Sue was against Texas the year before when he was just throwing, tossing, everybody around and almost won the Heisman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Sue.
Speaker 2: Sue was an absolute stud.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 5: If the thing is, hey, everybody knows that, don't piss him off because that is really like, because because if he wants to play, you're gonna get your fucking ass bitched around.
Speaker 2: He's on had one year deal Tampa right, one year, so here'll be going going somewhere else.
Speaker 1: He was he was close to coming to Tennessee last year?
Speaker 2: Was he really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And then I think that's that's when he chose, uh, the.
Speaker 2: Rams Cavin Wake, Hey is that guy?
Speaker 4: Is that guy greasing himself up for them?
Speaker 2: For game? Still? Dude, he is fucking a unit.
Speaker 4: He's like, how old is he now?
Speaker 2: He's like because he played like three four years in the CFL.
Speaker 4: CFL and he was a stud at the CFL, killing people.
Speaker 2: He didn't really talk pretty much, but I got him, sat down with him one time and he just talked my ear off about the CFL, his transition to going to Miami and.
Speaker 1: Was in the CFL.
Speaker 2: He was in the CFL for like, I'm pretty sure two years looked that up, but he was, you know, there they have a yard off the ball, so the tackle it's a little bit.
Speaker 4: Better playing as he was still killing.
Speaker 2: He was Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 4: His first his first step off the line is like a sprinter coming out the box.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: He's way better against on the left there left our right, the right tackle on the right tackle much better. That's likes his comfort zone, right, Yeah, why he gets in that wide nine technique was let's a can't wait a short two years went out there.
Speaker 4: He was forty five inch vertical or something stupid, and he's rocked up.
Speaker 2: Dude, Like he he'll go in, he'll have like five to go boxes and they're just full of chicken and brocoln. Yeah, like, dude, what do you change from? There's no cars now often it's crazy really yeah, but like it's way smaller. Came back and camp and I was like, he boked up.
Speaker 4: He got some white rice there, but yeah he had He was just keto for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: You guys. So man, he good. He's a great dude. I really like him as a team. He can he's every day he comes, he's he's slacks on, shirt tucked in.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's uh, we didn't talk about it nobody really talking about.
Speaker 2: But Luke Keigley returned, I remember that guy. Yeah, hey, that guy out there calling forty eight percent of your plays out here. He is like when we played him, like we have keys the games, every every single game, and the number one key for offense was block fifty nine.
Speaker 5: It was him, Man, what he was so good at He was not I don't know if you read this, but where he didn't have TV in his house.
Speaker 2: He just had his iPad for like his.
Speaker 1: First year or two, he didn't. He didn't buy a TV.
Speaker 4: I believe it.
Speaker 2: He overall pick.
Speaker 5: Anytime he saw the tight end look or his eyes, he knew it was a whack. He would be calling out the screen, watch the wam, watch the trap and it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, calling out the screen. I vividly remember him yelling. Was trying to check something. He was just trying to check something.
Speaker 2: Hey it's a gray, it's a stray. He'll be it's unbelievable, dude, unbelievably.
Speaker 5: Crazy and he's super I mean he's crazy athletic. Oh yeah, you wouldn't kind of unassuming athletic.
Speaker 2: Because he's white.
Speaker 1: Because three boys on the bus right now, everybody none of US athletic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, white, but combine he's a try hard white guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, effort details, fundamentals, fundamentals, Dude, he is like he was one of one of the best football's. The thing that's crazy is he had like he had a bunch of head stuff, which obviously is not like that sucks. I feel really bad for the guy, but he even this year when we want to play him, the kind of the note on him was is he won't put his head and stuff now like he he was still getting around blocks and having like one hundred and thirty tackles. Yeah, betting box, putting hit, playing like a non physical lineback, right, but he's still getting all calling everything out. Dude, you can tell it pained him. Yeah, football.
Speaker 5: Can be an awesome coach if there was a guy that could to turn it all around and be more likely.
Speaker 2: To be that guy. Yeah, I wish I could be a student pro like him. I wish I could too, but I just can't do it. I guess I know I'm not. Personality. Personality is different different. I'm a big I'm a big on like simplify things like find the guy's top three moves. Take Away, there's.
Speaker 5: Only so there's only so much you can think about for play right, A lot of it's getting off the snap count and then everything else is reaction because it's.
Speaker 1: I mean it is different though, I mean he's a he's a linebacker. Yeah, no, like you know, being an old lineman.
Speaker 3: You guys got here's the guy's got other battles that you guys think about during the week, like when you talk about studying guys and get offs and stuff like, I rarely even think about any of that.
Speaker 1: Stuff with like offensive stuff A lot. It's literally always tendency and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: A lot of it to man if if the tackle on the get off levels that the guard jumps the guy and we set back and you create that the et thet you're done, you're done.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 5: And those teams skaping up if they know you're a good jump setter there anytime you go out on them, taught to go under.
Speaker 4: It's all a lot of a lot of chess going on.
Speaker 2: One thing you can definitely tell when you're watching films guys that are reactive, defensive ends that are reactive. Like like as much as I'm not a fan of JJ Watt, JJ wan is very good at being a reactive football players. If you if you're too much inside, you overset a little bit. He's going take advantage of those things he can see.
Speaker 5: Him so hard about this is that he doesn't have to play like gap sound. They kind of let him freelance and he's so athletic. I feel like they they said, this guy is gonna make a lot more plays than he misses. Yeah, because and you know how it is. You're trying to go back, you're trying to b block with your guard and you're trying to t off on him.
Speaker 2: He'll back door you.
Speaker 5: There's nothing more frustrating trying to knock the shot somebody and dude just layzer.
Speaker 2: That's one of the hardest when he gets the NFL is like there are those jump around guys and it's like I can't even run off the ball and get movement because I have to be aware of move and straight up field.
Speaker 5: The game is like art because every because all the situations are different, every game is it's never the same.
Speaker 2: So it's when's the old line mastermindset? Have we been doing it two good two solid years and the two solid years, yes, he do again this year. Yeah, So Duke Mannieweather. I mean he calls me the founder, he's really the founder. Yeah, founder, So but he trains a lot of those guys down there. Tron goes down there a lot a bunch of guys.
Speaker 5: But yeah, basically we're trying to just get a whole bunch of old linemen in the room and do this. I would like to get Joe Thomas. I'd like to get all like the Munos.
Speaker 2: Joe No, he is awesome. Joe jas is an amazing person. He's definitely one of those dudes everyone looked up to.
Speaker 5: He's so cerebral too. That's what I would love to analyze his football mind and try to take something that's kind of what it is. But think it has been good. If we get there, we learn a lot. There's some college guys in there, so you can see these young guys coming up wanting to prove themselves. You can where's that sitting on Frisco. So we had it there at the past in an enemy territory there there in Dallas.
Speaker 3: There you go, you basically trying to create like an old line kind of we're trying to retreat.
Speaker 5: We're trying to have a country club feel and just talk. I mean, it's right for a training camp. We're trying to bullshit a little bit, learn something if you can take away from it. Really, it's just a good time to meet the dudes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, d Lyman do the same thing too, the pass Us Summit. Yeah, and they go and they talk about, Hey, how do you beat Lane Johnson? Oh you got to do this? Is this? This is the best way to beat him too, Like they from what I hear, they have like basically schools on how to beat other players.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the thing about it is that there's so many there's different systems. There's a lot more flat set you know, I watched the Saints a lot of those they can jump set a lot.
Speaker 2: There's a lot more vertical set teams.
Speaker 5: So it's a you know, everybody's different, but it's you know, the old line is it's just the only good is your brother next to you and how he's playing.
Speaker 2: So so that'll be when will that be this year? Do you just have a date yet?
Speaker 4: It'll be in July, I believe, and when the date's going to be.
Speaker 1: But how do you guys handle going about getting kind of corralling everybody?
Speaker 2: Dude? Does a good job of that. Well.
Speaker 5: He trains a lot of those guys there, so they're already their training for most of the year and then uh send out invitation. We had some cool watches we gave out this this past year. But really get there. You have your class time that we go on the field and really just a lot of communicating and and then after, you know, we all go out to eat and.
Speaker 4: Just being dudes.
Speaker 2: And so that's dope, that's cool. You do winebacker something.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was sitting here thinking like as he's saying, and I'm like, you know what, what are all the things that could have?
Speaker 1: But yeah, that would be fucking awesome.
Speaker 5: I would love, id like to have defense players coming there so you can analyze their how are they picked?
Speaker 2: Get those guys, get the like Vaughn and JJ and you.
Speaker 5: Ever watched those like those. I mean everything you do is showing hands. You see the drills all hands. Yeah, don't give them hands.
Speaker 2: Like you like to punch. I'm an undersized dude, and I'm thinking if I can just punch early enough, whether he's sposed my hands or not. Timing is every time that thing. But I think one thing coaches do. That's tough. Is everybody you want like the perfect set, the perfect punch, all that stuff, reality is not going to happen. What's the strength that your players that you have use those as their strengths. If you're a clamper, yes, show them how to be the best fucking clamper they can be. Yeah, then you're a puncher, tell like accuracy, timing, su.
Speaker 4: Instead of looking at your deficiencies. What is the official in Let's go from there.
Speaker 2: Let's make that And that's what I mean. Essentially, that's what the Patriots do.
Speaker 5: Ye the best at it, and then they do a good job. Everybody's not overly paid, so we can get you know, and we can just kick ass for for you know, the twenty years. Twenty years you think Tom comes back. Hey, there's been some there's been some circulation. I don't I don't know what's going to.
Speaker 2: Happen, but uh.
Speaker 4: Check Twitter, Twitter. He's in there, savage.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady is apparently in Nashville visiting schools with Giselle.
Speaker 4: What you're how are you feeling right now with that news?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. Tom Brady is the best football player in the history of the sport. And if he came to the Times, I think I think that make our tea. But I think I think I can't sleep on Ryan either. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean people don't know about him, but A and M bro he was like led the Big twelve and receive him for like two years with stud He's.
Speaker 2: A study super athlete. He works super hard to super athlete. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how.
Speaker 2: There's always you know Twitter, there's always all that stuff going on.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, you know who I'm a fan of fight coming up? Tyson Feury. You ever watch his Uh it's like this Saturday?
Speaker 1: Right is it this Saturday?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: Can we can we in on this?
Speaker 5: Just we're talking about Twitter and Instagram. He has a on his Instagram page where he's in the hot tub and he has his shades on. He's talking about Instagram. It may seem that I'm living the life, he said. I'm in the hot tub and I'm in paradise, he said. But in reality, he said, I'm in the middle of a grueling training company and I'm getting smashed to the bone.
Speaker 2: Go to it.
Speaker 1: He's funny in front.
Speaker 4: It'll be go down a little bit. That's gonna be a good fight.
Speaker 1: It is the first one is awesome. I mean he had it until the very end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get caught by that rocket.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, there he is.
Speaker 2: Yes, look look at look at it. That'll plant the headpunes.
Speaker 4: Can the viewer here it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, this is Tyson Fury aka the Gypsy King, and I'm checking him from Paradise Nevnor and it.
Speaker 2: Would seem.
Speaker 1: My wi fi ot here.
Speaker 4: It was pretty damn funny.
Speaker 2: Hot talk of palm.
Speaker 1: Trees and blue skies Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Listen hot blue skies and palm trees with in reality reality.
Speaker 1: On Instagram, I'm in a brewling training cab and really.
Speaker 4: Meant to close. Some may have some some some cookies, some viruses.
Speaker 1: Built him every day.
Speaker 3: Well, Instagram would make you believe that I'm having the whale of a time, enjoying myself, living the dream.
Speaker 2: Everything's fantastic, that's all exactly. I stop watching porn on this damn thing. Yeah, let's go to your history. Let's be honest here today. Huh. That's well, do we appreciate you coming on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Awesome, thank you.
Speaker 4: I had a good little setup. Hey, I came in here. I didn't know you know, I'm in the warehouse, don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a shadow. I think that's the argument.
Speaker 1: We did talk about big ship or a small warehouse.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking it's a big shed, big ship, basketball hoop in the back, Go buy some taxi. German animals really really dull up the place. You know what I'm saying. Appreciate you ball awesome being here.