Speaker 1: I Am all In.
Speaker 2: I Am all In with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody Scott Patterson, I Heart Radios and one eleven's I Am All In Podcast with me and my Intrepid team. Amy Sugarman, Danielle Romo, you're like.
Speaker 2: An announcer today, an announcer I'm getting.
Speaker 1: I know him, I know he's getting very bad. And Tara sued Welcome. This is the ball club. We have not been together in over a week and it feels like a year. I was desperate to get back to podcasting. I was losing my mind on the golf course, in the swimming pool and the US so I wanted to get back and to chop it up with the gang. A couple of announcements before we get going. Sullivan's Crossing, my new TV series just announced a day premiere date on the CW Network October fourth, eight pm. And they're going to perish with Leah Thompson's new series, The Spencer Sisters. So that's gonna be one heck of a two hour experience.
Speaker 2: You give me that one more time, you want to.
Speaker 1: Get it again, Yeah, one more time.
Speaker 2: But yeah, just for the people that were looking.
Speaker 1: Out Sullivan's Crossing premiere date is October fourth, that's a Wednesday evening, eight pm on the CW network. Sullivan's Crossing episode one pilot episode. And then after that you've got the Spencer Sisters starring Leah Thompson.
Speaker 2: And did you see your co star is having a baby.
Speaker 1: His wife? Yeah, but yes, no, this is fantastic. Dude, Chad is going to become a father for the third time.
Speaker 2: So cool.
Speaker 1: That's great. Best Sarah for a healthy, happy, bouncing baby. I don't know whether it's a boy or girl.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, love and prayers, happy and healthy and I'm like, great pr for your show.
Speaker 1: You got to use it, all right, but no, I wish them the best. And what an episode Juice and Chad food you want to oh?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Plus, I'm gonna be listen, listen. I'm gonna be in Corpus Christi, Texas at the American Bank Center July. What is it, twenty eight through thirty.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. It's not gonna be hot.
Speaker 1: It's gonna it's not gonna be hot at all. It's gonna be triple digits. It's gonna be all the more reason to come into the American Bank Center, which has some of the best air conditioning units I've ever seen. They're very impressive. And then I'm going to be at Indie Comic Con August twenty fifth through twenty seventh in Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: Oh that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: So Indie Popcorn. I'm sorry, Indie Popcorn. I'm also going to be a Galaxy Con Columbus December second.
Speaker 2: My gosh.
Speaker 1: So it's also there's a Charleston event with Chad and Matt in September, mid September I think September sixteenth, Charles in South Carolina FAB five events.
Speaker 2: So we need to go.
Speaker 1: We're all over, Yeah, we need to podcast from Yeah, But anyway, Danielle take us away on the synopsization of Jews and Chinese food.
Speaker 2: All right, got just made up a new word, synopsization, synopsisization.
Speaker 1: That's ten times back.
Speaker 3: I don't think I can repeat it.
Speaker 1: Synopsisization. All right.
Speaker 3: This is season five, episode fifteen, Jews and Chinese Food. Air date fibrus are twenty second, two thousand and five. Lorelai has hurt again when she realizes Luke has moved his boat from her garage without even telling her Luke helps the school kids build the sets for their Fiddler on the Roof play in hopes of working with Lorelai, who he is realizing he's he misses. Rory tries to make up with Marty by hosting a movie night, but Logan interferes.
Speaker 1: Boy, did I tell you I'm liking that Marty. I'm liking Marty.
Speaker 2: I'm loving that Logan.
Speaker 1: You gotta like that.
Speaker 2: That kiss. I won't go to the end first.
Speaker 1: But yeah, anyway, so this is this is this the first time Lorelai meets Doyle, the first time I've talk about a home run.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite lines of the whole thing. She s, do you have the wrong room? He goes, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: It was like, oh my god, yeah, so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when Lauren gets to do her funny comedic stuff.
Speaker 2: I can wait outside. I gotta get away from this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah really Yeah. And then a lot of a little too much information that parents are sharing about the frequency of their their boinking. See, these are things I made a list of things we didn't know before Logan went to andover Stars Hollow has a Marina Rory's woman, Marty has eighteen dollars in his bank account. One of them is a Paris and Doyle boink three four times a week. Oh god, And that's just an image you can't get out of your head.
Speaker 2: Right, And the paragraph has been informed of the breakup between Luke and Lorelai.
Speaker 5: She has no filter, like I would not be like by the way I heard about the breakup. You know, it's my friend adult, you're.
Speaker 2: Like an adult.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then and then she goes, I shouldn't be talking about sex because well, you're never having any. Oh my god, carrot.
Speaker 2: So good, and we kind of learned that Friday night dinner is obviously not happening. Yeah, and they're having cafeteria food, which when they said this looks good, I was like, does it ice cream?
Speaker 5: Did? I?
Speaker 1: Thought?
Speaker 6: And he threw it away. I know they took like two bites got a brain freeze.
Speaker 2: And that banter was amazing of the like, oh, where's the clicks? Like where do the cool kids sit? And then like she kind of keeps coming around to that. The whole thing is like so good. There's a great fruit shortage. The bet is having a boat Talks party with Miss Patty, Like it's just like you're getting so much information in like three minutes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in the whole episode too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she switched to Weston's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it, and she ordered uh coffee, coffee, coffee, She's got three coffee. And then there was a standoff with the uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that Western's woman did not want to play.
Speaker 1: She wasn't. She wasn't. She wasn't. She wasn't she was immune to luralized charms, wasn't she?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know, I thought this was an interesting sort of thing we learned in this open, you know, we're past the credit having the dinner, is that Rory was quite concerned that Richard was in on it, and she sort of lorealizes, you know, I I don't. I don't think he was. Maybe he wouldn't have been Broun necessarily, but he's.
Speaker 1: Emily Hitler, right, Yeah, she compared her. She compared Emily to Hitler. So that makes Richard a brown rough.
Speaker 7: Question.
Speaker 1: How much did Ava Braun know?
Speaker 2: I think that's sort of important. It's like Richard, he's not perfect, but he's not sort of as calculating I think, I mean, I.
Speaker 6: Think he's neutral between them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did find that concern of Rory's to be interesting because I think for her, she's so close to Richard, you know, like she has a bond with him that I think is stronger than Emily's in a weird way. Like they have this like you know, banter and playful relationship. And I think like he.
Speaker 1: Was really her father too, because he's sort of her father slash grandfather, because she doesn't have much of a.
Speaker 3: And I think it would really bum her out if she knew that he knew, like more so than Emily doing it, you know what I mean, Like I think it would really really bum her out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's such an important thing to bring up, just for us to discuss. Like she is closer with Richard, like it might be you know, small, but she is more bonded with him, and I think she relates to him more sees herself in him when he comes.
Speaker 3: To Yale and like hangs out with her and helps her with pranks, and you know, like they're just like I don't know, you just see that they're connected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is. It is interesting because Laurel I really never mentions Richard as you know, a nemesis.
Speaker 2: No, right, she she really it's really her mother.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like he's married to the antagonist of this piece.
Speaker 2: Guilty by association, Guilty by association for.
Speaker 1: You to say, come on, man, synopsisisation, guilty by association, what's wrong happy hour? Early today?
Speaker 2: Well say by association? I don't even think I can get it now.
Speaker 6: But he is.
Speaker 2: And then we kind of learned that there's some angst which we obviously could see coming between Marty and Rory when he just vanished is more or less? Says you guys rumbling, Oh Marty, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We've all been Marty. Come on at one time or another, have we all been Marty?
Speaker 2: And like, actually or even says I've been dumped before. Like she really calls it a dumping, which I wouldn't call it a dumping, but she says, I've been dumped before. I'm fine, I'm gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: What would you call it as as?
Speaker 3: But then but then, but then Rory says, but not by Luke. That was my favorite, my favorite line of the episode.
Speaker 2: Actually, and I think they're too connected for it to be a dumping. Like a dumping is when a guy's a jerk, or like a girl's like you know.
Speaker 1: Ship, No, she was a jerk. And she got dumped.
Speaker 2: She did things wrong and he's heartbroken about it.
Speaker 1: And the guy's always jerks. Women can't be Is it possible for a woman to be a jerk?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 1: Yeah, associated term with women, do you jerk?
Speaker 2: Because Scott Scott, they don't use the word jerk. They use the word b When a woman's a jerk, they say she's a bee. Yeah, so they're probably worse than a jerk. But I don't think you were a jerk or Loria was a jerk. And I don't think they dumped each other or anyone dumped. It was like a painful like they don't want to be broken up.
Speaker 6: It was it was just like a separation.
Speaker 1: His mind is blown. So the boat, let's he's a wounded seal around on the beach.
Speaker 2: The boat is in front of the diner. And that was a little.
Speaker 3: Bit that was passive aggressive, that was.
Speaker 5: But that was like where else you gonna put it?
Speaker 2: A diner?
Speaker 3: You literally took a snipe out of a mean girl's book and was like, I'm going to put my boat without everyone in front of the diner.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that, but to mad.
Speaker 3: About it, but it was definitely I just don't think that Luke thought of it, like obviously to the viewer, to Laurel, I to the city, everyone thought that.
Speaker 6: But I don't think Luke thought. He's just like, I'm moving it, you know, he's.
Speaker 1: Just kind of horror.
Speaker 2: She could have left it there while this.
Speaker 1: Is where Dean steps in. Somehow Dean has a has a garage space. Could have slipped it into Dean's garage space. So where's the boat. I don't see the boat. Well, you know, I put it in Dean's.
Speaker 2: I take it to Gypsy.
Speaker 1: She's got take the gypsy like Gypsy want to charge me five bucks a week. So I took it to Dean.
Speaker 2: Right, So here's something that I did enjoy. So we go from the boat and then we go into the news room and Doyle's given his thing and Rory goes out to see Marty. Did you guys notice Marty's got.
Speaker 6: The scarf I did?
Speaker 5: I did it thrown over his shoulder and that specific Hey, hey.
Speaker 2: Hey, they're outside. It's waiting to throw this scarf on it.
Speaker 5: But I just wish you could like have it hang down, not like one over the shoulder, or if it.
Speaker 2: Was cold, you'd be kind of bundled in it like it's just it's just it's an afterthought.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's the reality. Guys. You know, I know you want all these things. You know it's a but it's really hot on those sets. You do not want to bundle in a scarf in burbango and it's only ten.
Speaker 3: Degrees yeah, saying it's cold, but it's also one hundred degrees.
Speaker 1: You suggested thrown over the shoulder and hope it doesn't get near your neck, and.
Speaker 2: I get look all that. This Gilmore Girls is a ten out of ten for me. But I do have some port for the other person that did mention on Instagram that Alexis is fake eating could use some work.
Speaker 1: I thought I saw she ate she actually ate something.
Speaker 2: I think she did. Okay, and this one their episodes are fake eating is like kind of wrap.
Speaker 1: Look, they're not going to scarf food like they're animals, you.
Speaker 2: Know, they're not going to do I saw somebody bite into a hot dog on some show the other day and I was like, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Go, but that's a situation.
Speaker 3: The cafeteria food was good acting, but the ice cream was like actually so bad, Like it was like, oh, it's so cold and like barely even touched their lips.
Speaker 2: Like my most criticism, and this is not even in this episode, is when people do fake coffee drinking because like you don't you know, it's so.
Speaker 1: You can tell the compass the cup is empty. Yeah, and they should always I don't understand that either, why people don't have the weight. And it was with luggage too and film. With luggage, it's always like it looks like, you know, they're carrying twenty things a luggage.
Speaker 2: It's not that hard and it's an envelope.
Speaker 1: They're all right, right exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like, so we have sort of this nice scene between Marty and Rory and they're making these plans and he's a little bit feminine hawing, and you know, we know, we know why. I don't know why she doesn't know what.
Speaker 6: I wish she said no.
Speaker 3: I do too, but then we wouldn't be where we are.
Speaker 5: Well, I was gonna say I wish she said no, or if he said yes, he canceled on her before Yeah.
Speaker 1: But she she was full on Rory charmed, full on Rory charm offensive on Marty.
Speaker 3: He couldn't say no.
Speaker 2: He he wants to go he wants to hang out with her, and that is just so excruciating. I know we'll get to it, but like I was anxious in the beginning of the episode because I knew he didn't have the seventy five dollars.
Speaker 1: I was just like, oh, we found out he had eighteen dollars in his boy, eighteen dollars.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that, but anyway, so you know, it's the build up with them was necessary to we sort of had to resolve their situation. But anyway, so then we get to this the cutest thing ever, which is the little kid in the diner of Lulu, and it's really hello, Lulu, She's got just like this is our biggest episode.
Speaker 6: Every a second to realize, like, oh it's Lulu.
Speaker 2: Oh it's teacher Lulu with the kid, and Bradley with his poor and hailer and Luke scaring the crap out of him.
Speaker 1: You know, I want that seemde me uncomfortable. I was wondering if I was a father at that point in my life, would I have been so harsh with that kid? Interesting, Yeah, I thought it was a bit much.
Speaker 6: Was it not the direction you were given or was that your choice?
Speaker 1: Well, it's like he makes a choice and if they want to pull you back, they say, hey, you know, come on, you know, pull it back. But that's Luke. You know, that's sort of but I don't find that Luke. I did not find that part of his demeanor at all appealing to a child. I mean, it's just like.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that he probably wouldn't have done that. Now, when we see him later interacting with the kids and being teaching him about the screwdriver, but also kind of mocking them a little bit, that felt more like, it's just that we sort of had to have this because the way you light up and suddenly everything changes when you realize Loralai has signed you up and she's going to be there, and you're like okay, and then we go I had this, But.
Speaker 1: There's a way to do that without being mean to a kid. You know, probably I'm sorry, I'm throwing a flag on myself. Yeah that's okay, that's okay, an acting police ticket.
Speaker 2: I usually fight you on those, but it's kind of valid. You were a little bit mean to this kid. And then he's gotten inhaler and he's like.
Speaker 5: You're doubling down as the question Lulu did it.
Speaker 2: Lulu is quite good in these scenes too. She was really good. Yeah, so all right, so we'll give you that one. So that might you could give a small deduction for Luke being aggressive a jerk.
Speaker 1: Was he being a jerk? So?
Speaker 2: Okay. So then we go to Loralai and she's with Suki I think, in the kitchen the Santa beards, and we're sort of realizing, okay, like the boat situation, and you know, she's it's just a little bit. Let me say she's she's not thrilled with her situ situation, right, No. I liked her gray shirt with the sparkles. But yeah, oh, I know what I was going to mention to you guys here, I sort of really love that Suki is so loyal to Laura Lai and she's like, he says, you know, she says, don't be mad at him, and she says, I don't mind hating him. You guys, give your thoughts because I sort of have a thought here.
Speaker 1: I think the Luke Suki tension was supposed to be more drawn and drawn out through the series, and it never really got drawn out. There was never really any Suki Luke episodes that sort of shed light on, you know, historically why there was this tension other than you know, their rival cooks and it's like, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's she's not really a.
Speaker 1: Cook, you know she.
Speaker 2: I think you're right, Scott. It's sort of like the thing that wasn't It was sort of this like glimmer of a potential storyline that never came to fruition, but we always have sort of this weird inkling of it. And then I thought, oh, maybe if I'm digging real into the psyche here, she never wanted to be so close to him because it would she maybe had a premonition of how close they were and she never wanted to infringe on that. Or if we got to this point, she couldn't be so close to him because she always has to be pink, be the pink ribbon. Yeah, so I feel like, oh, I sort of had aha moment. I don't mind hating him that what she's really saying is I'm always gonna have your backpack. So it was very subtle, but I thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think maybe it was conceived to be something more than it ever got a chance to express. Yes, I feel that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, So then the g pulls out at the house up at the house, and I will give one hundred dollars to anybody right now that knows the license plate number of the jeep. Hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: No idea one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Dollars in bitcoin.
Speaker 1: That's like that's like twenty bucks after taxes, right, No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: What is it? Is it like something like nine three.
Speaker 2: Seven G five R.
Speaker 1: Well you only know it because you wrote it down.
Speaker 2: Of course I did. Yeah, So okay, so we see that.
Speaker 6: I thought there was like it was gonna oh.
Speaker 2: It doesn't say like just nine seventy. So there's also like a lot of symbolism in that garage and we're you know, like it's empty. It sort of was a heartache. And then she's going to try and transform the garage.
Speaker 1: You know, what was she doing in that garage? What was Michelle? What were they trying to do.
Speaker 2: To that make it very girly? It was going to be come up, what's the name for a man cave for a girl? She shed? She said, yeah, you're right, Lane, I guess I guess the alien doesn't need it anymore. She should ben the boat got its time there, and now it's becoming quite the she shed.
Speaker 3: She's just making it her zen spot. But like I did think it was funny when Luke was like, you have a whole house to.
Speaker 2: Do, like to yourself, why do you need the shed?
Speaker 3: But I think it's more like the moral of it, right, like this was Luke's shed at my house. Now that's gone, so let me take myself out of my misery of looking at it every day and knowing that it's empty, it's not there.
Speaker 2: And trying to own her situation. Although she should just go running back to him, which we'll get to because there's some of those scenes where I'm like, can you just like hold hands or something. But so Luke gets to the theater and he's got Bradley and Damon and the tools, and one of them definitely has two mommies because they made that which was very clear, totally fine, and they now know what a Phillips head screwdriver is.
Speaker 5: I think it's so funny, out of all musicals for these kids to do.
Speaker 6: It's Fiddler on the Roof.
Speaker 2: That's through all and the fact that Carrie is directing it and is so like she pinched your butt at one.
Speaker 1: Point yes, And she did reveal something about Luke that was a little risque.
Speaker 2: Wait, did I miss something I think you might have? Can you tell me now? Would you like me to or should we wait till the end?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you right now. I'll tell you for a hundred bucks. Fifteen bucks after Texas, she said, because he's she was being she was being a little uh forward. Yeah, he was like and he was holding a hammer. He says, I've got a hammer, and she goes, you're darn right. Yes.
Speaker 8: I was like, wow, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 2: That they throw once in a blue moon hummons like that, and it's super rare. But you're like, wow, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: You know, you know the takeaway from me on this whole Fiddler on the Roof thing with Kirk is that, you know, it really demonstrated to me that he Kirk is so unique in that he really hasn't developed emotionally beyond like nine years old, right, you know, because he's he was so in his element. Have you ever seen him fit in anywhere more perfectly?
Speaker 2: Who needs to go potty?
Speaker 1: He gotta go party? And then he comes back and flushed.
Speaker 2: Which is which is serious because you know, I know why kids don't like to flush the toilet. Tell the noise. They don't like that noise.
Speaker 1: Sometimes public public restrooms there it's like you get sucked down in there and you'd never be heard from again.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to say.
Speaker 1: It's like airplane bathroom toilet section.
Speaker 2: Don't tell that. I'm telling this story. But one of my nieces, who will remain nameless to protect the guilty and the innocent, does not like to flush the toilet. And you trust me, you find things you don't want to find, right, So they're trying so hard to get her to flush the toilet. So they put this cute sign like remember to flush Smiley days. And then they finally what got her to flush the toilet is they bunce. They put a pull up on the toilet and said, if you don't flush the toilet, you're gonna have to start wearing these again. Flush is a toilet every time.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I digress. I also love Lulu's green blazer. Lulu, I'm telling you, this is Lulu's shining time. So, okay, we go to the garage and Michelle is okay. So we're in the garage and first Michelle is literally on the phone being like there was a bam or a clang or a thwap or something like. It was so batmany that blowey because he's so mad that they're not there and he wants to be there. So that was funny. Did you gonna see him rolling the computer?
Speaker 4: Yes, in this activity while on the phone, he's he's an accomplished theater actor, and they accomplished theater actors find those little details to make a scene.
Speaker 1: So it's called living in your space. You really need to like do the things that you normal would normally do if you had that job and you were living in that space. And that was just a small example, that's good.
Speaker 2: I'm going to steal that. Living in your space. That's pretty good. Yeah. So he and and would you say he made up the lint roller ring or does someone make his choice?
Speaker 1: I'm sure that was his choice. Am I not just going to be here standing on it, sitting on a phone call, and you know, I do something, be in your space, live in your space, you know, make it active, make make it you know, have a little busy thing to do that you do all the time to make it feel real.
Speaker 2: So then we go to Rory, who's setting up the room for her movie night. And I think this was the big drama she wanted. Doyle, Yeah, Doyle saying she doesn't have boundaries because she walked out of them.
Speaker 1: Can I just ask the panel here, what on earth was all that? She had posters out, she had pretzels from twenty countries? What? What the heck was that?
Speaker 3: That was weird, especially for a boy you don't like.
Speaker 1: Especially for a boy. And she had her legs up over him.
Speaker 2: Ye that, yeah, that was It made me so mad.
Speaker 1: What was that? I mean, talk about poor poor Marty. He's just probably the service. Look at all this effort she goes to with the posters and this and the legs thrown over, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, because she wants a best friend and he wants a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: You can't do that. Don't do that. You don't do that to a guy. I mean, all of those If I'm Marty, all of those signals are saying to me, make make a move.
Speaker 3: And also vice versa, like let's just say it's a guy on a day with Rory and like, has you know, his arm around her or whatever, like if he didn't have the intent to, like if you know, pursue something that's weird.
Speaker 2: I was chill with the pretzels and the posters and her dumb wig because she's like, she's trying to make up for being so distant from him, and she's trying to make this a ten out of ten movie night. But the leg thing was weird because I.
Speaker 1: Was just too too familiar.
Speaker 2: It's weird. I almost thought I didn't see it right now.
Speaker 1: It's like brother. That's either brother sister or it's you know, they're they're dating.
Speaker 2: His leftovers looked way better than her press. Yeah, like cater Yeah, I was like, those pretzels are disgusting. Wait before we get to Logan coming to the door, we do have the scene here where Michelle is doing the stenciling and it's all very pink, and I don't know if there's anything more to say there, but I just want to acknowledge that scene. So Logan comes to the door. If you were Murty, what would you have done?
Speaker 4: I would have left, totally left.
Speaker 1: You stand your.
Speaker 2: Ground because he knows that, he knows in his heart they've got a thing. Right.
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't storm out in a huff.
Speaker 2: You want to have stormed out.
Speaker 1: Tails between your legs, and I guess that's wimpy. No, you stand your ground, stay there.
Speaker 5: Just it just wasn't fair that Rory is like, oh, Logan's here, so we're going to cancel all the plans I made for tonight.
Speaker 1: Now he Marty says, hey, you mind, we're trying to watch a movie here. She'll call you later, Bye bye.
Speaker 2: No way. Situation in college. So I'm picturing I'm sitting there watching a movie with Mike Gridley, who's like my platonic friend, and then Dreamboat comes to the door. Gridley would be like, no, you go. You know you like him, you go. If they really were platonic, the dude would have been like, you go, I'm not going, but there's no way my friend guy friend would have gone to the Chinese food with all you know, no way.
Speaker 3: It was just weird because for me, it's like like Logan knew what was happening, and like, I think it was his way of being like, I'm going to control the situation.
Speaker 1: And show you or did he know what was happening?
Speaker 2: I think you. I think I just think he knows he is such a stud and that she likes him, and they're kinda. He doesn't. He is not threatened by anything. No, and she's his finger and that's why he's like, you come, Marty, Because Marty comes, I think.
Speaker 1: Has him a little off balance. And even though he doesn't show that, he's not a content hundred percent confidence there and the legs are thrown over and the posters and there's pretzels and there's like like they're staying in for the night.
Speaker 2: Well that's why he came through the window. But we can get to that. But my yeah, after after, But that's what I'm saying. You're right, he does. She does have him a little off filter, right, So what's he doing.
Speaker 1: At the window because wants to see what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, that's right. But Marty didn't need to go to the dinner.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing that the move was for Rory to bat away logan. No, I'm I committed to this and now we're watching a movie and he and he is not owed an explanation. Yeah, it's just like you just sort of show up and knock on my door and expect me to us everybody to come running as smary as you are the man.
Speaker 3: That's we're in the middle of a movie. But next time things, you know what, I'll call you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, thanks for stopping buying.
Speaker 2: And that would have been kinder to Marty.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it was disrespectful to Marty. I agree for her to you know, well, what do you think I mean to go?
Speaker 2: You know, it's like but if you were in college, sorry, Ty, you go no minute.
Speaker 1: She was so, she was so, I mean posters, this the princess whole thing. She was really wants him as a friend. That's not how you keep a friend if you just sort of use that friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you want a friend.
Speaker 1: To be a friend, she's not being a friend of that guy. You know. She and she knows how Marty feels. I mean, she's dumb, come on.
Speaker 2: But what I will say is the way it played out is the way it would have gone down. Because if I was in the sorority in the TV room and you're with a friend and the guy comes to the door, you both are going like it played out kind of how it would have played out, even though our you know, thirty something, Yes, you see it different.
Speaker 1: Each of my eyes is thirty something. When are you talking about combine him? Total?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean right, this is the Great Debate. They all did it wrong. Logan showing up is kind of cool, but like she had planned, she should have stuck with her plans. If she did decide to go, Marty shouldn't have gone. It's almost like a mess.
Speaker 1: I think, I think Mary at that point when when Marty sees that Rory wants to go with Logan, that's when he sort of he doesn't you know where? I think we're back to Tarras. Uh, yeah, you guys go ahead. You know a cool move. Boy said, well, you guys go ahead. I'm gonna stay here and watch a movie. You're not important to me anymore, Rory, but I'm gonna watch a movie and eat the food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we skipped over something or you know, we didn't discuss it yet, which is how much Marty. When Doyle and Paris are having their you know, Paris runs in and she's like, I can't stay here, I have to get my bag and blah blah, and then Marty says, I missed this place like he loves being a part of their situation, And I think that's why he's so drawn and doesn't and decided to go to the dinner because he's like he likes being in their circle, meaning Rory in Paris, not Logan.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine that he has a lot of friends. I think he's bored. He studies a lot. He seems to be a studious guy, right, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have a ton of discretionary like income.
Speaker 1: No, he's got right, so it's like, hey, it's a night on the town. What the heck? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I think part of him kind of like wants to be cool, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: And this was in his dinner that you know, the Logan invited Rory to, which then invited Marty to, was kind of his way of being like, all right, like I'll hang out with the Kocites.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: Like I think there was part of him that was like into that idea. But then maybe like all the signs leading up to it, the legs on the lap, the dinner or the movie, all the different types of pretzels, like all that kind of stuff like made him maybe think like maybe there is something here, so let's hang out with the cool kids. But then when he was hanging out with the cool kids, he realized, oh, no, Rory like likes that I'm still losing.
Speaker 2: You know, so I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't compete with this. Yeah, the international boarding school and over this for money. It's like, Wow, I'm way out.
Speaker 7: Of my league.
Speaker 2: If there was no Logan, Rory and Marty would be a thing. Do we all agree on that there was no Logan? Do you think she would be.
Speaker 1: I think too. I think given her experiences with Dean Jess, I think she naturally goes. She wants to try a Marty who seems stable, and I.
Speaker 5: Actually don't think so, because any other guy who's come into the picture, she's picked them over Marty.
Speaker 2: It's been like I come minute.
Speaker 3: I go back and forth too, Tara, Like it doesn't scream yes, they'd be together, but like I think they would definitely explore it, like they would be hooking, they would kiss.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, Like for me, it seems like Marty's her last resort. Like if she can't find anyone else, then she'll go to Marty. But like if someone better comes along, she's running to that person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's why, that's why Marty needed to not go to the dinner.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and you know she has seen Marty naked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's.
Speaker 2: True and they're very comfortable with each other. If you think back to the episode when they were studying, they studied in his bed, remember, and then I think she fell asleep if I remember, Yeah, and she's so comfortable to fall asleep there and all the things. Okay, so we go back to Fiddler on the Roof for a minute, And did you guys see that it's Brad from Blee playing the piano.
Speaker 3: No, you guys, his name's.
Speaker 2: Brad right, Like, I'm ninety nine percent the piano player on Glee. It's his name, Brad. It's definitely the same guy.
Speaker 1: I never saw Glee.
Speaker 2: First of all, you should give it a try. But the guy playing piano for a Fiddler on the Roof is definitely the same guy as the piano player in Glee. And I'm pretty sure his name is Brat Yep yep, yep, yep. So, and how funny when Kirk's like my cart is too perfect, It's just.
Speaker 1: Like, no, no, that was a good inside leg kick from Luke. If that was somebody's kne it would have been destroyed. Actually, I borrowed that note from my grip gripped.
Speaker 2: Her costume does not fit. This is ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Actually, one of my favorite lines was when they were talking about the wagon.
Speaker 6: He's like, I'm not that kind of actor. Like he's like pretend. He's like, I'm not that kind of actor.
Speaker 2: So then we get the scene we thought we wanted, which is Luke and Lorelei together, but it was kind of rough. It's like, yeah, you know, yen To tripped and like I'm not doing a bit and the whole thing. But then it really escalated and went sideways, and I wish he would have just said I want you there, I miss you, Like they're not telling the truth to each other. So then it turned into this big fight and I didn't I didn't love that.
Speaker 3: But how messeduff that Lorelai signed to Luke up for this and just doesn't even show up, Like she's like, yeah, i'll do this stuff from I'll work from home and send it in.
Speaker 6: Well no one, no one showed up.
Speaker 2: Creepy Carrie, creepy Carry and Luke. But yeah, that really escalated fast, and it just turned into this very upsetting fight and like she's in her hole of depression and he snuck in and took the boat and just did not go how I would have liked for that to go. Yeah, I really had higher hopes for that scene.
Speaker 3: You can definitely feel his angst and that.
Speaker 2: Scott, how did you feel? And I thought your performance was spot on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I thought it was one of the better scenes we've done. I like that scene. I think it was a It's one of those scenes where after it's done, it's like, oh, the purpose of the scene maybe it's this could go either way. So it's to increase the tension by expressing frustration with each other and a lack of communication, a lack of flow. But as the scene was over, it's like, you know, you're we're still in limbo here with this relationship. Go either way. Yeah, So I thought it was very well written scene.
Speaker 2: Very Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was. I like that scene a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love to hate it, do you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean?
Speaker 2: Like it's a very good scene. It's just so upsetting because.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh no, but it had all of the very realistic beats in it. It was very this show, you know, it goes back and forth from you know, real gritty, dramatic writing it's so true to life, and then sticky humor and then comedy. You know, it does it kind of covers all the bases, which just makes it compelling to watch. You know, you never know what you're getting.
Speaker 5: I definitely like, I I agree with why Luke's upset. But the one thing is I will say I kind of felt why Loralia was upset, where she's like, you don't even tell me you're taking the boat and like you just showed up to my house and took it, which I know it's like his boat, but I kind of did, like, do you guys agree, like maybe like he should have told her like he's taking Of.
Speaker 2: Course, yeah, I do think he Like in today's world, you would pop a text.
Speaker 1: Does here she went to Christopher's and got drunk. He doesn't care anymore.
Speaker 2: But he does because he's still does.
Speaker 1: Care, but he's got he's but he can't care right now.
Speaker 2: Right, But he did come running over when he got her message.
Speaker 1: Well that's different. That's like my friend's in trouble.
Speaker 2: And I still would have sent a text. If there was text that just said hey, I'm going to come get the boat if you want to be there, I understand.
Speaker 1: He didn't want to be he didn't want to then he could have.
Speaker 2: Said, hey, I'm going to come get the boat and I prefer not to see you.
Speaker 1: No, that's too much of a declaration that were split up.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair, fair, I'll give you that. I'll give you that. I don't know. I just feel like he almost stole his own boat, you know what I mean, Like he still would tell somebody I'm gonna because he wouldn't have broken into the house to get his stuff that's in the house, right, he would have said to her, hey, can I come get my stuff? Leave the boat in the driveway.
Speaker 1: I think maybe it was unintentionally hostile.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm, yeah, m.
Speaker 1: He just wanted it out of there. He didn't want to go through the rigamarole of having to explain it to her or.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a very good way of putting it.
Speaker 2: Unintentionally hostile. I think that's exactly very because.
Speaker 6: She felt like it was hostile. But for him, like truly, he didn't.
Speaker 2: He just wanted the boat on the boat. But it was a little dramatic because he's my thing. I don't think he actually wants the boat. I think he wants the act. It was taking prove to be like I'm going to take my boat.
Speaker 1: I think it's a decision he made he made a decision.
Speaker 2: This relationship is over, no way, no why because he is all about finding her at Fiddler on the Roof. It's all about like the boat, Like what's that? What is the act of taking the boat?
Speaker 1: He just he just wants to be clean of it. He just he needs to be clean of it so that he can really assess how he really feels. You can't make that determination if that boat is still there. That's a part of him and their history that she is still housing and it's still together, there's still a togetherness there. So he wants to make a clean break and assess, like he said, over time, maybe months, Let's see how this feels without the boat.
Speaker 2: It's a little dramatic for me, like if I was like putting myself into it.
Speaker 1: Sure, look at the intensity of the feelings they had for each other with terror and this is the big love and this could be the one for each of them. I mean, it's like and then she pulls that crap. He's pissed. He doesn't want to be in this situation. Yes he still loves her, Yes he still wants her, but he's pissed and he hasn't He's not over it.
Speaker 2: Yet there's more to the boat than it.
Speaker 1: Just give me. I'm taking my boat back and I don't care what you think about it, because I'm pissed.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, hurt.
Speaker 1: He's hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, it isn't The boat symbolizes so much, right because it was Luke's dads. Then Luke was like, get away with it. Lorlai bought it and kept it so for Luke, and then Luke started to fix it up. And now he's still taking it back, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like he's prepping it to sail away. He hasn't sailed away.
Speaker 2: Right right to me if they were both in better places the boat, because what I would have done is kept the boat there and been like I'm going to leave the boat there for right now in hopes that this works out and the boat's going to be my connection. But that's not a Luke way. Luke's kind of very boat shut, my door, find on my own. I don't need this. I don't need to feel connected to her like that.
Speaker 1: Like I said previously, he's he's good on his own. Yeah, he's that's that's his that's who he is. He's a loner.
Speaker 6: He's he's comfortable that way, Yes, he is.
Speaker 2: All right, So let's let's play through China Palace here. So first of all, when he says the car is waiting outside and then Marty repeats that line like I was waiting outside, Like it's so we all know he's fancy. I knew we were in trouble the moment they go to dinner with Logan. But yeah, I think the China Palace. You know, Juliette doesn't eat, which seems very problematic, and they're problematic, very problem and they're talking about, you know, they're fancy right like andover and like they don't miss their families, which I actually thought was sort of like the fact that Marty misses his family makes Marty kind of a better dude. Yeah, now Logan has family.
Speaker 3: I also know it's funny, right because like, like Juliette, she's talking about not eating, she's talking about her prenup. Colin's talking about like his boarding school and how he doesn't miss his family. It's like all these like super snobby things. Obviously they're like throwing it at us at one time because they want to show the duck juxtaposition with Marty. But like I kind of like that Marty was like, you don't miss your family?
Speaker 2: Like if I were Rory, I'd be like, oh, that guy's like me. Marty's like, huh yeah, the bird sweater did you know the one dude has the birds? And also they were basically at NOBU, which was what I was sort of like, they're not they're not out of college.
Speaker 6: Like restaurant there at the campus.
Speaker 2: Did you guys notice the one thing that Logan.
Speaker 3: Was doing putting his arm around her and playing with her hair. Yeah, I didn't like it.
Speaker 2: Oh I loved it because she she obviously was with his boys.
Speaker 3: Again, back to what I was saying earlier, Logan knows Marty likes Rory.
Speaker 2: He knows it, and that's why he's peeing on his territory.
Speaker 3: He's peeing on his territory, but he's doing it in such like a it's not condescending because he's not mean about it, but he's also like, I got this, you know, and that's kind of annoying.
Speaker 6: It's like I'm going to get my way at the end of the day or.
Speaker 3: Awesome, depends which way you look at it.
Speaker 2: Right to break this time because I'm all about Logan, even though I get it.
Speaker 1: He's sort of like, well, here's here's when I think. I think Marty was displaying a level of maturity that those guys may never achieve in that he was content to be the friend. He realized he was in the friend zone. Somethings. This is probably going to pull him out of the friend zone. He needed to have this experience to realize that he was out of his league. I think he loses respect for Rory because she so wants to be in that world. Apparently so in his eyes, she's getting smaller and less appealing. But he's so mature that he's his behavior at this dinner is the same behavior he will display as a father and a husband twenty thirty years from now. I mean, he's already fully developed as a man, except that he just has hasn't met the right girl yet. And I think I think Logan has a tremendous amount to prove to his daddy, and he's a bit of a screw up that we did get this information that he was in Andover for a year. And when you're at Andover, you don't leave. You don't want to leave. Some reason he left. He was there a year. He maybe got kicked out, so there's questions there. So he's a bit of a problem child, isn't he. You know, he's like a spoiled rich kid. He's extremely charming, he's extremely smart, he's very witty, he's an exciting guy. But man, Danielle, you said it right. I mean talk about compare and contrastities too. And I think that was all insecurity with the hair and the whole thing. And it's just like it's kind of disrespectful to Rory and to Marty all at the same time. But he doesn't care because he's taking you know, he's he's acting like he owns her in some way because it's not really the appropriate forum in order to display that kind of behavior. And maybe I'm being.
Speaker 2: Too No, you're I mean, you're being totally. I feel like I hear what you're saying and my reaction is correct. But I like him anyway, Yes, it says something about me, like, yeah, I get it, Like I think if we were at a bird's eye view going who is the better choice? It maybe is Marty, but I like Rory am kind of into logan and even like when the check comes, so let's talk about the check comes and immediately Logan's of course going to pay for Rory, which is very chivalrous and cute, but it's so what's the word, it's.
Speaker 1: Just so like, well, he asked them both out so.
Speaker 2: Well, and but Logan says he'll cover MARTI.
Speaker 1: Should he interrupted their evening.
Speaker 2: Any was totally on board to pay for Marty doesn't want that, which I also understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he's look at Logan at one or two ways. Either he is, you know, an honorable man who like is going to pay for Marty and you know, cover the tab and invite him to the dinner. Or you can see it as Logan is interrupting their date and he is peeing on his territory, like we said, and is even peeing on it even more and stabbing Marty in the heart by saying, I'll pay for you, dude, don't worry about it, like he just.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's a small part of him that is a little nervous about Marty. But I don't think he's.
Speaker 6: Really I don't think he's nervous.
Speaker 3: I think it's his way of showing Marty like I I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Like I can pay for both our dinners.
Speaker 2: Now the ball or move, which I get why they didn't do this because we wouldn't have this awkward scene would have been Logan pays the whole check, no check comes, so we never have to have this predicament where he knows Marty Like, so, if we think about it, this is twenty years ago, seventy five dollars a person, or seventy five dollars a lot, lot, kind of a lot for college kids. Yeah, probably, so it's more like one twenty five now maybe one fifty fifty for college.
Speaker 1: Kids back then three hundred now.
Speaker 2: You think three hundred. Okay, so it's a lot, right. The baller move is if he just picked up the check for the whole group. I don't know. So then Marty goes out to get to the ATM, Like what was Marty gonna do?
Speaker 5: But I also felt bad of that comment when he said I'm gonna go find an ATM, and I can't remember the other guy's name, who was just like, oh, he needs to go like to an eighty kind of like mock on him, yeah, kind of mocked him for eating.
Speaker 1: So this is the thing I think, who is mitcham Hunsberger compared to in real worlds? Rupert Murdoch. No, no, no, no, he's like thirteen newspaper Like, yeah, how how influential is mitcham Huntsberger Very okay, So he's you know, he's Ted Turner, He's yeah, he's Ruber Murdoch, He's.
Speaker 2: Obrah, he's Oprah's on that level.
Speaker 1: So that's his son. So that's that's Lachlan Murdoch or that's you know, these people are so wealthy and so privileged and so insulated that they look at somebody like Marty like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, do they do? They? Because think about it, it's just a completely different level they do.
Speaker 6: Because he was bar attending their parties.
Speaker 2: I don't think they look at him as I think they well.
Speaker 1: Not as any kind of real challenger.
Speaker 2: No, but I think they would have just paid for him. There's plenty of people of privilege, right, So in a situation like this, you're at Yale. Right, they're all at Yale, so they're all on equal footing. Right, But these guys have money, but say so use Rory's money.
Speaker 1: Mitcham Huntsburger is a multi billionaire, correct, so multi billionaire.
Speaker 2: Imagine they want Rory around, right, Logan does and Logan's friends dig her. She can't afford to do what they do, so they will always pay for her and it will never be a thing. And because she's a girl, it's fine. The problem is that Marty can't afford it. So I don't know what they would do if one of their friends, which very possibly could happen, didn't have the money they have. But but he's like a bro with them.
Speaker 3: It's interesting you said that because it's a girl. It's like, oh, we're covering for Rory like that.
Speaker 2: Ury will never have to worry like Marty did with keeping up with these guys because they will always treat her.
Speaker 3: But Rory also had the money.
Speaker 2: Where did she have the you know, she.
Speaker 5: Has seventy five dollars, but she has her grand The thing with her is she's still associated with wealth because of her grandparents. I think if Rory was let's say, the female version of Marty, I actually don't think it would be exactly the same.
Speaker 2: I think if we don't.
Speaker 1: Know that Juliet money, well, we don't know Marty's background enough to make that assessment. I mean, he's also have to figure you.
Speaker 5: Know, no, But but I mean, like Logan's family knows Richard and Emily like, you know, like they run in the side circle.
Speaker 2: I still think it's girl. It doesn't matter. They're going to like the girls. They're gonna like whether those girls have money or not, and they're going to just always treat them like. We don't know what Juliette's background is, and of course she didn't even eat like anything.
Speaker 3: But no, she has money because she says that she wants to marry a poor man and have that person sign her rock star prenup. So she's got money. We know she has money.
Speaker 1: So here's the question. Uh, what does Logan want out of Rory? What is he seeing her? I mean, I know what he says, don't We don't know what does he want? He doesn't want to he confess to her, I'm not going to be faithful to you. This is just you know, I'm not going to commit to you. You're not going to be my girlfriend. I'm too young, you know, I've got to sew my wild oat. So is he ever going to you know what does he doing? Is this just pure physical attraction or is it something deep?
Speaker 2: No, it's not just physical. He's very intrigued by her.
Speaker 1: Well, he can keep up. She can keep up with him. She's witty, she's got banter, she's educated, Yeah, she's she's got a moral center, yeah somewhat. She's a good person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's and she gives him a run for his money. There's something about her. She's intrigued by him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's not impressed by the money.
Speaker 2: But by him, and he's intrigued.
Speaker 1: By her, right right, Yeah, they're they're still sniffing each other out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good way to say it. But so what should Marty have done?
Speaker 1: Just disappear, disappear into a.
Speaker 3: Part I thought, but that's what he was gonna do. Like when Rory comes outside and he's just staring at the street, all like I don't I'm just going to stay here, and then she's like, well when they walk out, they'll see you, Like, oh my gosh, I'm like this poor guy is so defeated.
Speaker 1: Really, what's a what can Marty do at this point? What's a move? What's what's a master class move he could do to flip this situation in his.
Speaker 7: Favorite could he do?
Speaker 2: Maybe he could have been.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, let's go to a karaoke bar and then he does he does like they could have been.
Speaker 3: Like, no, the ATM machine's not working. Hey, Logan, you want to pick this one up? I got the next one, yeah, right.
Speaker 2: He could have just been like, exactly, that's good, Daniel's.
Speaker 6: I was going to bring this up earlier.
Speaker 5: He I mean with eighteen dollars, Like, where did he think, like, knowing these eighteen dollars, where did he think they were going to go to dinner? When Logan showed up to the door, like, I don't know, Like I was saying, like if you were in that position, like I've definitely like my friends have wanted to go to expensive restaurants.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I don't want to pay for that dinner, you know what I mean? And I'm like I don't want to go. So should he have just said no?
Speaker 2: Because he should have said no to the dinner for a thousands being one for.
Speaker 5: A thousand reasons, but specifically that knowing that it was going to come down to paying for the bill.
Speaker 3: M I think he was trying to man up and like trying to just hang with the cool kids.
Speaker 2: The minute I saw them at the table, I was having a stomach ache for that check. How is he sitting there eating all the dinner, not thinking how am I paying for this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Brutal. Now I will give Rory points that she didn't bail Marty and like go to the Zydecoe music. She goes home with Marty and they're walking to her room and he says, I need to tell you something. And I thought the way she handled that was actually very mature and very good. Like he tells her he likes her, and she tells him. I like, logan, I'm sorry, and like I thought that that was very elevated.
Speaker 1: Lower the boom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did the right thing there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they both.
Speaker 1: Did the right Logan is dangerous, Marty is not, and that's dangerous. Marty is not correct, He's not dangerous.
Speaker 2: So before we get to the kiss, let's backtrack to Fiddler on the Roof. Finally, now we have Loria, Lion Luke and the scene together. No words are exchanged, just a lot of face acting. And I just wanted them to like she's almost crying, Like I just wanted even just a pinky touch anything.
Speaker 6: With the song.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the song.
Speaker 5: She says do you love me? And he's like, he says, do you love me? And she says, do I love you. That's the words of the song.
Speaker 1: It was just too hammy for words. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I just.
Speaker 1: Thought I hammed it up too much, and I thought I was too much face acting too hand. No, No, I didn't like, No.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I did. I need everybody to sit down, just to control themselves. I thought it was hammy. I just I was. I was cringing watching it. No on my part, not hers.
Speaker 2: To get that. Did you guys get that? No? I didn't have a cringey.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, no, go do it again. I want to do it again, and I don't want to be so obvious about everything.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: What I can tell you is she looks amazing with red on her. But also, no, you weren't cringey at all.
Speaker 1: I thought I was. No.
Speaker 2: I just wanted just please even just a little bit more of a look and like a hand hold. All I needed was like literally, all I needed was a hand brush, you know it was.
Speaker 1: It was hallmarky not to put the on homework. They do what they do it, they do it very well, and they but they do it with intention and that's fine.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's schmaltzy or something? Yes, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: No, I thought what I did in that scene was was schmaltzy. That's a good.
Speaker 2: No, I disagree, respectfully. Okay. Then Logan's at the window. First of all, why did he come in the window.
Speaker 1: So we can say that line? It looks? It looks, It goes a lot better on the movies.
Speaker 3: Why does every go through a window?
Speaker 2: For why?
Speaker 3: Like, just did it? Dean did it's doing it? What's going on?
Speaker 1: He acknowledges the cool thing just he didn't do it well, he's such a cool character.
Speaker 2: He's so cool. And then he says, I wanted to make sure you got home. Okay, I was just like, swoon, I wanted to give you a proper good night, like I just and then he makes a joke about she's not in her foot see pajama, and I was just like, I love this guy so much.
Speaker 5: It's I think I would have liked that scene more if he didn't like ruin their night, ruined the night with Marty, Like.
Speaker 2: If that was ruined the night, you can't blame him.
Speaker 1: They didn't have a night. They were eating pretzels watching Groucho Man.
Speaker 6: He didn't know, he didn't, you know, but as a viewer.
Speaker 1: You know, listen, this is the moment Rory is. This is when we're losing that little girl, Rory, the innocent Right now, she's becoming a woman with needs and she wants to be in love and it's real growth. It was a great shot when those two when he was pulling her close to her. It was a very romantic, you know, very sexy shot, right, and you don't see a lot of that.
Speaker 5: Is it wrong that the whole time I was like, I'm just glad he's not married, like the guy's like, she's not sleeping with a married man.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 6: The whole time, I was just like, okay, you.
Speaker 2: Know that triggers me for the movies.
Speaker 6: But oh no, because I.
Speaker 1: Was thinking of finally found somebody that was unattached. That's what you're thinking.
Speaker 2: I love the kiss. I think obviously we're supposed to assume they bomb took a bomb ball, which seemed a little soon for me, you know, obviously again.
Speaker 3: But they took off their clothes a freaking anniversary.
Speaker 2: They were already.
Speaker 1: The renewing the vowels man in the basement.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they are in college, so two days.
Speaker 1: We gotta go.
Speaker 2: We got this was a better kiss for me than the one of the wedding. Yeah, I was like, this is real good, Oh my god, good ending.
Speaker 1: I mean, I definitely this scene made me miss being young.
Speaker 2: I mean all right, that was He's.
Speaker 1: A cool dude. That was a nice scene. That was a really Yeah, it's very it was very filmic, it was very Golden age Hollywood.
Speaker 2: It was really, he's a real study.
Speaker 1: It was beautifully filmed and written.
Speaker 6: He's a real It was a good episode.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite line?
Speaker 1: Is the when he came in the window and he said that that usually goes better in the movies.
Speaker 2: Wait before everyone says, there lies that bag of chips though, it was the biggest bag of chips that What the was that Doyle got from? And they were called like snap on or something?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What on earth was going on with the posters? Yeah, inanity.
Speaker 3: You did do that in college though, where you wrote your name.
Speaker 2: On all this to do that. Now my bottle of water, someone's gonna drink it. Okay, Sorry I interrupted, what's everybody else's favorite line?
Speaker 3: I already said mine, but not by Luke. When Lorla I was like, I've been done before, and Rory says not by Luke.
Speaker 6: I love the bands were with uh Kirk and Luke with the wagon.
Speaker 2: I love the factor who has to go potty? What do you all rate it?
Speaker 1: What's the measuring stick and what of the what's the rating here?
Speaker 5: I'm going to give it nine.
Speaker 6: Bags of chips, large becks, large becks chips.
Speaker 2: I'll give it nine pink stencils on my she shed ball.
Speaker 3: I'll give it nine out of ten pretzels while pretze with sabby pretzels.
Speaker 1: God, yeah, I hate I hate the break from the pack here, but I'm going to give it a nine three five.
Speaker 9: Good Luke hammers, oh good, double on Taundra with them all right, so that's going to do her right.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe we're on episode sixteen. Come on in five so fast. I actually had a moment the other morning where I was like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, we have to slow it down. Let's take another week off.
Speaker 2: I need to slow it, slow it down, slow it down.
Speaker 1: Flying by anyway, all right, ladies, thank you. I missed you all.
Speaker 7: It was a rough week.
Speaker 2: Rough it was rough about you. We're back. I hope that I hope that they like what we did today.
Speaker 6: Because I thought we did great.
Speaker 1: Thank Chris, that was a good one, all right, everybody, thanks for downloading. Best fans on the planet and uh we will see you next time.
Speaker 7: Stay safe, hey.
Speaker 1: Everybody to forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In Podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.