Speaker 1: Well, I have an announcement when I found my new career, which is for the first time. Last Friday, I played tennis.
Speaker 2: And you're saying it like you you never heard of telling like I played tennis, right right?
Speaker 1: Well that's how maybe I'm confident I am. But I kind of feel like it was my calling that I had no idea. Yes, so fun social, like the best time, you.
Speaker 2: Know, idea, but you can hold a drink.
Speaker 1: Uh, But pickleball scares me. I have two friends that have had to have surgeries from pickleball.
Speaker 2: You've had two friends with pickleball injury.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have torn their achilles what both of them in boots and I've had to watch them with someone that hasn't seen them and go, oh my gosh, what happened? And they have to say, I hurt myself.
Speaker 2: I broke my arm playing chess.
Speaker 1: Pickleball. I feel like tennis if I get injured, like that's kind of a little bit better. But I had so much fun and my hand eye coordination came into play. Like I am not too old to start new things. This is my new thing and I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: The more to come, I will invite you to my first tournament. I already figured out how to get on the team.
Speaker 2: You're talking tournaments already.
Speaker 1: No, I'm that serious.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: One time was enough for me, and Jordan's very excited.
Speaker 2: That's how I was in a hot dog eating contest. It's like once was enough. Now I'm going I'm all in. Yeah, I could be Joey Chestnut.
Speaker 1: What who is that?
Speaker 2: Did you just ask me who Joey Chestnut is? He's an American legend, He's an icon. Something like seventy five hot dogs in twelve minutes? Really nothing, nothing?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? How would I ever know that?
Speaker 2: Every fourth of July they do the big hot dog eating contest. Have you heard of callback? No?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's like on ESPN. It's ESPN the ESPN a hot dog eating contest, the hot dog eating contest. That just shows me I still can make it onto ESPN with my tennis career, telling you.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, I can't believe Joey. Go watch videos of Joey Chestnut. The man will do like seventy five hot dogs and it's like eight minutes or something like that. Insane for your sister. He's razor thin. It's so strange.
Speaker 1: What yes, okay, now I do need to Jordan would know something like this, he watches Cose.
Speaker 2: Jordan would know, you know what. Jordan wouldn't know what. Invisible Sister, which is the movie we're doing today. Well, let's get into it. Welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pj's, and your popcorning. Go back to a time when all the houses were smart, the waves tsunamis and Sabrina and I didn't have to sit next to each other while we were doing this. Yes, we're doing it in person, right next to each other, So I apologize if we just start yelling at each other. We're not. We actually really like this. So I'm Will Fordel.
Speaker 1: And I'm Sabriena Brian happy to be here sitting next to my best steam.
Speaker 2: Well that's not I'm just glad you're taking time out from your tennis tour.
Speaker 3: Yes, uh, welcome, welcome, We are here with the next tennis penam. No, let's break out the beakers and buns and murders because we're getting scientific with the twenty fifteen family comedy Invisible Sister.
Speaker 2: Sabrina did you like science back in high school? I did need to.
Speaker 1: I really liked science.
Speaker 2: Did you turn anyone invisible?
Speaker 1: No? I've probably tried to.
Speaker 2: Though, did you Yeah? I wished I was. Did that count?
Speaker 1: Hey? There you go?
Speaker 2: You go. Invisible Sister was released on October fifth, twenty fifteen, a soft launch to their Halloween season. And I love them. Named mash words together Monstober programming, thank you very much. They're obviously matching monst and sober. That makes sense the channel for the channel, of course, it's Sober October on the Disney Channel. This makes sense because the movie is also set around the holiday Halloween. Yeah. Great. It was filmed the beginning of that year in New Orleans. Yes, I bet you thought I was going to say Canada or.
Speaker 1: I was absolutely looking for that when it came. And then a few of the houses in the buildings and I went.
Speaker 2: Where are they going they are in?
Speaker 1: What a great great place to film there.
Speaker 2: In New Orleans, which was you know, I was named after my nickname growing up. Was also the Big Easy. That's not true. You don't see much energy, well you don't see that much in a dcom and it becomes a character a little bit in the movie too much, but a little and I have some issues and we're going to talk about that later. Okay, did you go to New Orleans? Have you been in New Orleans?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I did my friend's twenty first birthday there, and I did my thirtieth birthday there. Wow, so fun. I did the graveyard tour, the ghost tours. I went and my well, no, I didn't do it. I was too chicken. But I went in with a friend who got her palm red and then also her cards read. I thought it was very cool, like such a cool city. Street performers on rich.
Speaker 2: And the Food is of this World. Yes, and this food really great.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: This movie actually had a pretty decent reception. It was seen by over four million people on premiere night, ranking in the top three for cable that evening, and even the repeat broadcast the following morning did really well, ranking two point three one million viewers, which again doesn't seem like a lot, but remember we're in the mid two thousands now, when you know you're not going to get seventeen million people watching movie anywhere. But in Canada, there was actually quite a bit of confusion. There was a technical error during its premiere, and the last ten minutes were abruptly interrupted and replaced with the teen beach to music video. That's how we do so. I imagine you're sitting there going, oh, I can't wait to see what the actual is happening. Yes, that must have been a real bomber for people looking to find out how the thing ended? Did she ever become visible? We'll never know a that was me doing Canadian nice. Well. They reaired the movie the following day with the mistake fixed and the ending intact. So we just have to hope that people saw it, unlike one of the characters in this movie who nobody saw because she was invisible. Thank you very much, right it right back, or you know, they could just read the book, because the film is based on Beatrice Colin and Sarah Pinto's novel of the same name. Now, Colin had quite the life, get this. She was a British novelist and singer. She released a song called Abandoned Ship as one half of a duo called April Showers and actually charted in the early eighties. She'd graduate college, write radio plays and become a journalist, with work in The Sunday Herald and the Guardian and eventually date the lead singer of Love and Money, James Grant. This is only one of two kids books she wrote, and sadly she passed away in twenty nineteen at the young age of fifty five from ovarian cancer. And fun fact here guys, and we'll get deeper into this later, but two stars of this movie are not only co stars of mine, but I like to consider friends. So it was very nice to see them both up there. Wow, and nothing I'm gonna say that follows this is their fault. Let's just say that. Okay, before we get too deep, I want to remind you Invisible Sister is available to stream right now on Disney Plus. If you're looking at nothing, then chances are you're not watching a movie about invisible people. You just haven't actually put it on. Just turn on your TV, open the Disney app sit on the couch, find the comfortable pillow you always lay on, remove your jaw exposure alien teeth, then use them to chew on the rotting corpse you have stored in the corner of the room for sustenance, and then just relax and enjoy the movie. But first, let's steam the antidote and read the synopsis. Cleos science project goes disastrously wrong, causing her popular older sister Molly to suddenly become invisible. Some wish upon the stars vibes there, right, Yeah, this reminds you of kind of wish on a star yet, did it? Do you remember Wishromona Star? Yeah?
Speaker 1: We it was your friend who we interviewed after the other actress Andiel Danielle Harris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's so yeah, same kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Well, no, that didn't make me feel like this, then who would it be that?
Speaker 2: No, it didn't didn't.
Speaker 1: She didn't wish for anything with Molly.
Speaker 2: Didn't she? No, no, no, no, But it's kind of like the same kind of thing, Like.
Speaker 1: You irritated with your sister, you wish you'd go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that kind of thing, which was a different vibe the whole time in this movie.
Speaker 1: This was a strange I definitely think this was like any like an easy wheelhouse of like that idea of sisters or siblings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this sister, but she was a cool sister. She was we gotta get okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm like this girl was like alright, amazing.
Speaker 2: Well here we go. Sabrina, and I'm going to read this exactly as written. It's time to sack up and let me know your early thoughts on the Invisible Sister. What did you think guessing there's gonna be a lot of giggling today?
Speaker 1: Oh god, okay, parts of it? I really I I got. I did enjoy the end. I threw my hands in the air.
Speaker 2: You made it all the way to the end before you threw your hands in your mind.
Speaker 1: I held it because I love Paul Holman. Oh yeah, And I was kind of and I honestly got myself in like this kind of mystical, magical world that is obviously not yeah right, okay fair and no, I just kind of got myself into that like early on because I had to at first go, okay, we're like really going extreme with the possibilities of this happening. But just like what you said, Wished upon a Star like that kind of movie, it hit me like, okay to me though, she was very very smart for her age, so that like was just like kind of like right off the top. I just was a little like, this is just extreme. So I had to stop pause and get into like my magical rewind like place at the end. The results at the end was when I went, okay, okay, yeah, when you add in adults, see this movie is weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I first of all, the cast, love the cast. Everybody's great. Yeah, that's why I said, nothing is their fault. Rowan phenomenal, Alex phenomenal. Everybody's great in this movie. They really are. This movie makes no sense and it has nothing to do with her being smart. I get the you know the honey I shrunk the kids where the kids really the kids are like basically a genius. Totally buy that. Even turning your sister invisible totally Disney Channel that I get. I don't get another one. Now, all of a sudden, she's her sister and she just puts on a mask and nobody notices.
Speaker 1: I knew that was gonna be talking a different pert.
Speaker 2: They're talking to a completely different.
Speaker 1: Human being, right, with a different voice, with.
Speaker 2: A different everything. Her best friend of years is like, of course you're my friend, because you said you are. Like, none of this made any sense to me. This whole movie was. It was me just going what And it started with a lot of promise, like I love the idea of super smart girl turned somebody Invisible, great very Disney channel. The second they're like, now you've got to dress like cause I thought it was going to be now a romp about how do we get my invisible sister through a day of school? Yeah, and maybe she does have to we have to dress her up, she's got to wear a funny costume, whatever it is. I'm like, okay, I'm in for that. When they're like, no, put on a mask and now you're me and everyone's like, yeah, you're her, I that was it. I was out out. I watched this movie in nine minute increments because it's all I could take before I just shut it off. I'm sorry for everybody out anybody out there who's like, this is my favorite movie ever, but I just couldn't with this one. It's so ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I think it's hard again, and we had a you specifically had a very hard time with, like Hannah Montana when it's like, these are your best friends who don't see the difference if it had been a day of getting her just through school right like and on the team, but like the other friends all kind of knew and they were going around.
Speaker 2: Now she wears a full Halloween costume the whole day. Yeah, yeah, not like yes, and then it's like, oh my god, something got pulled off and oh no, we're and slowly she's starting to lose the costume or something that makes more sense. It's interesting, but now you're Dorothy. We just have a small mask on and nobody notices. Your boyfriend doesn't notice, your best friend doesn't. Oh, these drive me into In the New Superman movie, they literally addressed the whole Clark Kent thing where they they say the glasses are actually special glasses made for him to where when somebody looks at him they forget where they know him from. So they even explain that the glasses themselves are some so Annah Montana, it's just they're just dumb people, and invisible sister, they're even dumber people.
Speaker 1: Come on, I would say, though, for when it comes to rules, because now you know that's like a big thing for me. Now I will say they they did play really close to attention of the invisible stuff. Yes, like how even when she wore like a certain costume. We'll get to it. It was they may make a line, a one line that says, I guess it's thick enough for me to like, you know, and then it ends up disappearing. And I mean, I'm telling you that was that detail to me? Was I think what I was more so like rules, rules, rules of this, like new invisible, like special quality.
Speaker 2: Painful to me. This was painful to me. I'm sorry, because you have to be I hate worlds like I love a world where every everything is turned upside down, there's magic, whatever you want to do. I hate worlds. Were to get through the world, every other character has to be stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I can't stand it because it's like, there's nobody who would walk in and see these two different height, different sounding, completely different girls and be like, oh, yeah, you're my have been my best friend for like, how does anybody not see that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And it's just well, her.
Speaker 1: Boyfriend's character would be the only one in the.
Speaker 2: Character that would have made it even funnier if he never got it and everybody did. But this, Yeah, I'm sorry. I don't like these movies where everybody has to be dumb. I'm sorry. I know people are gonna come for me. I don't like them. It doesn't make any sense because it's such an easy fix. Yeah, put her in a costume all day. Then you're my sister. Whatever you've got to do, that's the easiest way to do it. But the idea that just she's then in the lacrosse she literally even the mask is he through, it's just her. If they're not even trying to hide it anymore, it's like, what the hell anyway? Okay, well, I'm honored to tell you that Invisible Sister, as Sabrina has said, is directed by none other than the Dcom Daddy himself, the Wizard behind the Curtain, the zombie Whisperer. Yes we're talking Paul bad to the Hoen. He is the most prolific director, possibly creative being in general, within the dcom universe, having directed and again, we've done this list a thousand times, and every time I say it is so impressive. Eddie's billion dollar cookoff, the Luck of the Irish jump In, let it Shine, True Confessions, and now he's the man behind the entire Zombies franchise. And most importantly, he's a really good dude. You can hear our interview with him anytime. It's right here on our feed. And you know, I'm gonna say it, it's been a while I wouldn't mind having the daddy back to tell me why I'm wrong about some of the movies that I've been criticizing of his. Because he's the best. And he tells me I'm wrong, then I am wrong. That's just how it works with the daddy of the d coms and the movie stars a very familiar name to me, Rowan Blanchert. She plays Cleo Eastman. Rowan's career began as one of the stars of Spy Kids, All the Time in the World, directed by Robert Rodriguez. Have you ever seen one of those movies, Sabena? Basically, oh, they're great. Robert Rodriguez essentially built an entire studio within the confines of his ranch in Texas and just films full spy kids movies there. It's crazy. They're very good. They're fun. He gets a great cast and they just have a blast and they're really bright and colorful and for kids movies, the kids, right, yea, yeah, they're great. And she burst onto the Disney scene as Riley Matthews. That's right, Eric Matthews's niece or niche if you know the storyline, well, the daughter of Corey and Tapanga. On the millennial reboot of Boy Meets World, Girl Meets World. She's also been seen in movies like A Wrinkle in Time and Crush, and TV shows like The Goldbergs and snow Piercer. But now she is on The Testaments, the new sequel to The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu, which is really funny. It's not at all. I even I saw her like a week ago. I'm like, funny show.
Speaker 1: She's like, right, I just added it into my cue.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I am so happy to see her thriving back on TV. It's where she deserves to be. She's a great person and deserves all the success in the world. And Paris Burrell's is her sister. Molly Eastman. Burress was a child model who moved to La to act, and first starred as Skylar Storm on the Disney XD sitcom Mighty Med, then it's spinoff series lab Rats Elite Force. You might also know her from the Netflix show Alexa and Katie or the Netflix movie Tall Girl with Rowan's Girl Meets World co star Sabrina Carpenter, and when it comes to Spooky Season, she knows her stuff too. She also starred in the Adam Sandler movie Huby Halloween. Karn Brarr is best friend and science whiz George. He's best known from the Diary of a Wimpy Kid franchise and as Ravi on Disney Channels, Jesse and Bunked, and an old pal of mine Alex Days there is mister Perkins. Day's Air is a Hollywood veteran character actor, best known to me as teacher Eli Williams from Boy Meets World, but he's been in a ton of stuff. He starred in the sitcom Becker Stole, a whole bunch of scenes of the movie Swingers Man This Place is Dead Anyway, and now is the voice of Carl and Lou on The Simpsons. But if you really want to have some fun, check out his ska band, a legendary group here in La called Hepcat. He is absolutely, without a doubt, the coolest human being I've ever met in my life. And the idea that he would even.
Speaker 1: Talk to me in a ska band's and they've been around.
Speaker 2: For like thirty years. He is the greatest guy. I could not love him more. He's such a nice person. He's an incredible actor, and every time I see him, I'm like, whatever, this is he's gonna be awesome? It's yes, and so we know the sister is invisible, But is the movie's runtime too long to ignore? We hear Magical rewind have long said movies that are exactly ninety minutes long are the only films to watch, and so with the Invisible Sister, we're looking at seventy nine minutes. Why that's not a movie that's one half of a soccer match. Unreal. This is officially the shortest movie in Magical Rewine history. This really is one of the quote unquote, be careful what you wish for things, because I'm fine with a movie shorter than ninety minutes, but this is a little too far. I would love to hear how that.
Speaker 1: Happened, shock and awe over here, because it did not feel like it felt like it.
Speaker 2: Was one and seventy nine minutes. It did seventy nine minutes. It took me four days to watch this movie. Sorry, people are gonna be like, how can you not like this? I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it was only seventy.
Speaker 2: And again, the cast is great, it looked great, it was directed well, we'll get into what the effects were great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got some great.
Speaker 2: We got some good stuff, and then comes the story and you're like, come on, But if we wanted to find out what actually happened out was so short, we could ask the writers. We have two authors of the source material, Beatrice Olan and Sarapento, but also a ton of other names credited. So how do this many people make a movie that's under an hour and twenty minutes long? The writers are. We've got Matt and Billy Eddie as the screenplay writers. We've met them before, their brother who wrote Teen Beach two, as well as Zindaa's Zapped Bad Hair Day, Monster High one and two, and My Weird High School. Then, in common Disney fashion, they were paired with less experienced decom writers, the team of Jessica O'Toole and Amy Arden, who worked on Greek, The Carry Diaries, Jane the Virgin, and the twenty eighteen Charmed Reboot, which they helped to create. Most recently, though, they are on fire for writing two very hot properties, The Summer I Turned Pretty and Exo Kitty.
Speaker 1: Love Blah blah, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Me too. Never heard of either. Watched you, liar, I haven't.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I just whizzed through the latest season of XO Kitty.
Speaker 2: So what are we waiting for? We have seventy nine minutes to burn through. Let's put this one under the microscope from an invisible sister Preeca. Here we go. We open on a close up of a butterfly and the beauty of its wings, only to pull out to reveal it's sitting in a tree covered in butterflies. I mean, there's millions covering this tree. I used to watch or go up to. I think it's called is it Galina where all of the monarch butterflies would come. It's this small town in California that's actually not far from where I live. Oh, and you walk up into the woods a little bit, and there would just be trees covered top to bottom with monarch butterflies. It was gorgeous. They'd land on you and mate like all of it was the coolest thing in the world. It really they mate not necessarily on you, but some of them like to be watched. It's just I don't judge.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I love butterflies, but I don't know if it's like a fear or what. But going into like how they'll have it like maybe a fair ground, those like tents or you could. That's never interested me.
Speaker 2: Oh they're great until I talked to the guy who set them up. Who do you know how they get rid of the butterflies?
Speaker 1: How they get rid of them?
Speaker 2: Yea, when they're done with the thing, you think they'd release them into the wild. Apparently they just release a whole bunch of spiders. That's what I've heard, and nature takes its course. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. It's kind of like, let's move on to the spider exhibit. Let's go. Can you imagine going to a concert and the first band finishes and the second band just comes in and eats the first ban That's what this seems like. It would be like, it's like, oh my god, led Zeppelin just eat Pink Floyd.
Speaker 1: That might be one of the top weirdest analogies.
Speaker 2: But I'm also right. So, yes, there are millions of butterflies covering this tree. And if it was outside my house, I think I was about to die and they were going to take my soul to heaven. But they all fly off at once, and we noticed they are lounging in front of a busy high school campus. Sisters Cleo and Molly are pulling into the parking lot. As Cleo narrates about the concept of the scene, popular kids like her sister Molly, and the unseen loners like herself. She explains, quote, those bright, shiny objects soak up all the attention, while at the same time, the visible objects right under our noses don't. That's just the way things are. We can't change it, no matter how much we might want to. At least that's what I thought. Unquote starts great, Yeah, Roan's got a great voice.
Speaker 1: You got it? Yeah.
Speaker 2: She does the bell rings and it's the end of another class. But as the student said for the door, Cleo is a sleep at her desk wearing headphones blasting music. That's when I was like, oh, is she gonna be a nefarious kind of kind of student. But now the teacher, mister Perkins, is forced to wake her up. He hopes she was meditating and hands Cleo attest she got one hundred A plus, so she's a smartiesmart. She begins to walk out of the classroom, but mister Perkins isn't done with her yet. He got her pitch for the semester project, and isn't stoked about it, really, He says, turning a papaya into a battery. I've already got seven other kids turning vegetables into batteries. Cleo playfully reminds them a papaya is a fruit.
Speaker 1: I'm instantly like, Okay, so this is definitely a higher level of science class than I ever Listen, because you.
Speaker 2: Didn't turn into Battery's going on? Really?
Speaker 1: Okay, so batter these kids are way up here.
Speaker 2: Well you never did. Did you ever do the potato battery? You never did that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd like you take a potato and then you put in all these wires and the potato like thing. Oh wait, okay a battery? Yeah yeah, yeah, it's a real thing. Are you kind of serious? Did you did you dissect anything? Yes?
Speaker 1: We did a squid when I was really little. I have done that frog later on. I don't know if that was maybe junior high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah we did it. We did. I could an earthworm first, and then a squid and then yes, then we did a fetal pig. Yeah, which was cool. I took out the whole brain and spinal quarter. It was awesome. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, a feed pig.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a full sized pig, or we would eat in the whole thing. Ah, Cleo reminds him by is a fruit, And just like that, her proposal is rejected. He wants her to challenge herself and do something relevant, maybe even involving transformation. He hands her a substance like you do in school, tells her to identify it then transform it into its crystal state. She needs to build a homemade spectrometer and use this little thing called science. He wants her to push yourself to finish by Monday, and he decides the assignment will make up half of her class. That great, And that's when I was like, she's been acing this class all year and now all of a sudden, she's got a weekend to come up with an entirely new project that's insane where she has to build a spectrometer and if she fails, she now fails the class, even though she's a straight A student, Like, oh, my.
Speaker 1: God, I know, but I'm still going with what the hell's a spectrauma?
Speaker 2: You were still stuck on that nice but.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, it was kind of like, you can't do that, No, you can't just decide one kid gets the thing, like especially nowadays now we are in twenty fifteen, but nowadays, in the culture of parents and admin at schools, there's no way this would ever fly him, even just like giving her the like ultimatum of even just saying it would have gotten him.
Speaker 2: Probably, No, that's not And again the I can't you just can't switch it up like that. No, just can't.
Speaker 1: Well, it's absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not fair, especially for the straight A study. Yes. Now we are out in the hallway. Cleo is walking with one of her fellow brainy classmates, George, explaining what just happened. She thinks it sounds impossible. Well, George explains, it's not technically impossible, it's just hard. And I really like that line. I did because I always I lived by a motto that nothing worthwhile is easy, So I kind of loved that. It's like, no, it's not impossible, it's just hard. Yes, and some things are just hard. Oh, that might actually be impossible. Yeahuters, I'm trying so hard to catch up, trying to figure out what a spectrometer is.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yes, Cleo turns her attention to George's multicolored slacks, which I loved, but she calls them clown pants. He says their vintage lounge slacks and the rage and all the rage in Budapest, which is the new Paris by the way, he thinks girls will dig them. They also pass a banner for the upcoming Halloween dance and fundraiser, the Romp Swamp.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Now outside the school, George and Cleo are bullied by a jock for their clothes, saying Halloween isn't until tomorrow. I thought that was gonna come back, but never does. No one bullies them for the rest of the thing. Cleo pushes back, but George announces real trouble is approaching in the form of Seed Dog. Sea Dog is of course Carter, and despite his letterman jacket, he actually seems pretty chill. And I'm gonna say something that's a little a little might sound a little strange. He's a cute dude. Yeah, like he like a like Disney Channel vibes from this guy. It was like good casting for this.
Speaker 1: Guy, like sweetest character. And yes he was perfectly cast.
Speaker 2: And you also could get where you find out something about him later you could get you saw that too, Like it was good casting. It wasn't like, oh, come on, this guy. Yeah, it actually all worked with this guy. It was really really good. George awkwardly greets him and tries some weird handshake. Carter asked Cleo if she wants to study with him for mister Perkins's next quiz, but Cleo notices a group of jocks laughing at her and responds with, yeah, totally, we would be a cliche the sports guy asking the nerdy girl to help with his homework. He swears that's not the case and tells her where he'll be just in case she wants to join later.
Speaker 1: At this point, I'm like, Cleo, can we just tone it down a little bit?
Speaker 2: Like you are very agitive all but just agro Seriously, I.
Speaker 1: Get it, the teenage hormones are going, but like free, let's free with me, Let's take a yoga class, and like zen it out.
Speaker 2: I must I agree now alone. George just doesn't get it. Cleo just shut down her epic crush who essentially just asked her out. But Cleo thinks it was just his way to weel a lot of doing any actual schoolwork. And then Cleo's sister, Molly arrives from the parking lot, announces school's done. You know what that means, And with that we get a weird fro yo chant which goes fro yo yolo, oh no, let's go yeah, And I hated all of these kids instantly.
Speaker 1: I was so irritated, like, oh my god. First of all, I don't like fro yo.
Speaker 2: You don't like yog no.
Speaker 1: I know the pink bear.
Speaker 2: I've tried ice cream, yes.
Speaker 1: And it's not ice cream. It does it. It's such a lot in the same I can do a lot I do.
Speaker 2: It's kind of in the middle.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, the froyo, and then okay, I don't like any of the experience, like people putting like sour gummy worms and oreos and peanuts, Like, oh my god, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: That's everything you just said. It sounds amazing.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what Jordan does. That's why I don't like it, because he does Morgesborg of like on it. And then it's like, how is this forty dollars? I'm like, you just put every candy they have to offer. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Do you also feel that way about people like at sandwich shops when they order weird things. Yeah, Susan's like that too. Yeah, they can't, like, did you just put some mustard, mayo, peppercini and the spicy gem. I'm like, it's somebody's sandwich, bro, I know it's not.
Speaker 1: I don't get that upset about it. But I could never do it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't love it. I don't hate these kids, by the way. I just hope bad things happen to them and they turn invisible and can't turn back. But this is also where we show that her oldest sister's really cool and like so cool, and even though she's the coolest kid in school, is like trying to involve her out to her sister.
Speaker 1: Who she easily. You can tell, like the way she's dressed. Her character is set up to be a little bit of an outcast, you know, so in the fact that she's so cool and her boyfriend's like, yeah, come with us, Like to a younger kid in general in high school, that would be so epic.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree that zeros she does she does zero froyos. Correct, Nope, she doesn't. Molly invites them and Cleo passes and George reluctantly follows her lead. But Molly's ditzy boyfriend apparently named Coog, which I'm assuming is short for cougar, but I don't know, it's just Coog reminds them it's Thursday, salted Caramel Day. Do you say carmel or caramel caramel to Cleo still passes, so Molly politely says goodbye to her sister, who will get a ride home on George's scooter. We see some very traditional New Orleans homes decorated for Halloween. Then Cleo riding in the back of George's motor scooter. And this is where I started to have a problem. Okay, so it was great. I have no problem with that. It's awesome. I get trying to build your own stuff. They're moving a few miles an hours, struggling to even make it a few feet, so they get off and decide to walk. However, okay, this is the start of huh nobody's in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did notice that that's one of my ron is empty.
Speaker 2: Every mode of transportation they take, it's supposed to be Halloween, and there's three people in the whole.
Speaker 1: It's like that could not be more more of the opposite. There's so much energy. There weren't even I didn't even see one street performer, which is one of my favorite things in New Orleans round actor. Yes, like its every where they go.
Speaker 2: They go to high school.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was cost effective but you can't afford.
Speaker 2: But they literally are. At one point, it's Halloween night. They're on a public transportation in New Orleans on Halloween and it's just the two of them in every train car. Weird, yeah, weird words. I'd like to know why that happened. It might have been a shooting thing, like no, we for some reason they're not letting a shoot, so we have to close everything down. I don't know, but it was very strange. Yes, And just as they arrived too.
Speaker 1: Clearly for everyone around that was like just so drunk fit.
Speaker 2: I'm not fair. We can't, we can't, we can't do this. We can't do this. Everybody's drunk. And just as they arrived to Cleo's house holding some boxes, her parents rush outside with luggage. Before they leave, they give some last minute instructions to Cleo and Molly for while they're gone. They apologize to Molly for missing her big lacrosse game and force out some words of advice for Cleo, Uh, stay loose with your studies and stuff. And with that they are gone. Not bad parents, but not good. They're just gone. Yeah, maybe bad parents. They might be on the list of bad pap. I feel like not naked in the eyes.
Speaker 1: They're just like no, I mean they think they're like, I don't know. It seemed weird, Yes, like a big lacrosse game where college like, yeah, college people are there to recruit.
Speaker 2: Hopefully was that a big weekend where they couldn't miss because again I buy the ages. If she's a senior in high school, she's seventeen almost eighteen, she could stay at home watch your sister like that.
Speaker 1: I would not do that. My kids aren't going to do that.
Speaker 2: You've got to see it when they grow up. In her seventeen and eighteen, if it seemed like they made Molly where she's really responsible? Right, yes, So even though she we'll get into that she's gonna throw a party. It seems like she's an.
Speaker 1: Okay, my kids are like, I'm so responsible. The door shuts, all right, we're good, bring.
Speaker 2: In the keg like Disney party. Did you ever throw a party at your house?
Speaker 1: No? For that reason, your sister did though, didn't my sister threw a rage?
Speaker 2: Didn't you knark on her?
Speaker 1: I did, absolutely. There were many things happening that I felt was I was very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I'm uncomfortable with this. I am.
Speaker 1: Kind of just to my sister. I'm sorry, Star, you were great. I was. I was.
Speaker 2: When I meet her, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the girls are now home alone because the parents have bailed, and Molly lets Cleo know she's having people over for dinner tonight, but Cleo needs to focus on her science and doesn't want any distractions. Molly says, it'll just be some girls from the lacrosse team, the whole team and their boyfriends and anybody else he wants to come.
Speaker 1: Because she invited the world, so it's a party.
Speaker 2: Cleo is clearly disappointed as they walk back into the house. We then cut to that night's quote unquote dinner, and it is, of course, a raging house party. Inside the girls across team is chanting and the coug that's got to be on the list of things the kug like you do at every party, is trying to make meatballs but doesn't know what goes on, but doesn't know what goes inside them, it's usually meat. Outside people are jumping into the pool, walking around with red cups. I don't know if you notice that age drinking alert and loud music is playing. All while Cleo is trying to work on her science experiment. In the back house, George is staring out the window lustfully watching the shindig, wishing he was outside. As Cleo calls the experiment hopeless, George tries to help, but Cleo is still hung up on being pushed out of the house for the party, George suggests taking a break and joining the get together for at least a second. I mean, let's at least sample some meatballs to see if any of little Cross girls like nerdy short dudes. She pushes them out to get some food, but she still has work to do. Finally, alone, cleotocides to turn the heat up on the Bunsen burner and bam, Now she's getting somewhere thanks to the sugar is what she finds out that mister Perkins gave her. While celebrating, a moth flies by, and when she tries to shoo it away, she knocks over some tubes, emptying them into her experiment. As the moth flies over the smoke caused by the concoction, it goes transparent. Then when Cleo captures them off in a mason jar, it turns completely invisible. In shock, she drops, she drops and shatters the mason jar, and now the invisible moth flies away. Still reeling, she tries to recapture the bug with a net, eventually following it outside to the party, then right into the mainhouse as she aimlessly swings around a chandelier. She tells George about them off, but eventually the moth is gone and there's nothing Cleo can do that sucks. You invent invisibility right, and it disappears. The party's over and Cleo and George are out on the front porch, just happy little cross girls like him. He got a bunch of digits, but actually he didn't. He just entered his number into Nikki's phone when she wasn't looking clear. It's still this so reminds me of the greatest joke from the Office, when Kevin says, this is the best I had the best night tonight. I got six phone numbers. One more would have been a full phone number. Was so great.
Speaker 1: I really liked this George character. I think he was my favorite in the whole movie. He was I thought he was.
Speaker 4: The I got to be honest, I couldn't mind the coupe because he's just he He is a typical Disney dufist. Yes, and as somebody who played that for seven years, I appreciate another Disney du fist.
Speaker 1: And he was also very cute and very likable heart at a good heart. Yes, there was like not anything like negative about this guy.
Speaker 2: Totally kind of. He reminded me a little bit of He was great. He's he was a lot of fun. Yes, So Cleo asked George if he believes her about the Invisible Moth. George says he does, but she should probably get some sleep. Later, we're in Molly's room and we see gingerfizz stomach relief tablets on her nightstand as she looks through a binder of lacrosse plays. She ends up in the bathroom and plops one of the ginger Fizzes into the glass of water before having horrible, horrible diarrhea. I'm kidding, seeing if you're still with me, And then the Invisible moth flies through an open window crashes right into the bathroom light electrocuting itself and falling into a glass of water just as Molly takes a drink. She makes a face at the taste, but finishes the glass and returns to her bedroom. This freaky out. Yes, it was invisible. She didn't even see her with the bug.
Speaker 1: No, but you could. I mean, I would think you would feel it. And I've like I've swallowed on accident a fly while like, h yeah, that's happened before, and it is just hardbreaking I do anything, like you want to make yourself throw up or something, but like, I don't know, You're fine, so gross a moth with the Oh.
Speaker 2: You know they say that in your lifetime you swallow something like between eight and forty spiders while you sleep. That so yeah, yeh yes, we're all fine. Oh everybody good with that. Everybody good with swalling spiders while they sleep?
Speaker 1: Okay, just making such God.
Speaker 2: She makes the face of the taste, but finishes the glass and returns to her bedroom. As she closes her curtains, she glitches and turns invisible, but quickly returns to form in just seconds. Now it's the next morning and Molly's alarm is going off, but no one is in her bed, or is she. We see her get out of bed and walk to the closet, but only by the movements of the objects she's touching. We see her cell phone and slippers float to the bathroom, and to be honest, for a dcom, I thought the effects were great.
Speaker 1: Yep, I think that was one of the things that really like keeps this the movie up a couple notches for me.
Speaker 2: Me too. The moth looked good. I mean it all looked really really good. Eventually, Invisible, Molly starts to catchually brush her teeth, but eventually screams when she catches a look in the mirror and sees nothing. Cleo springs out of bed and runs to the bathroom, yelling at her sister through the lock door. Molly swears she's disappeared, but Cleo doesn't understand, and once Cleo walks in, she first checks inside the toilet because that's where her sister would be. Right inside the toilet, but her jaw ends up on the floor. I'm not going to say anything more, but her jaw ends up on the floor as she watches Molly splash water on her face at the sink and then cover her head with a towel. Molly says she's going to remove her towel and then she'll be awake and everything will be totally normal. But when she removes the towel, they both scream it is not a dream. Molly's wet footprints leave the bathroom in a hurry, and Cleo follows closely behind. Now back in her bedroom, Molly tries to call someone as we just see her cell phone floating in the air. She tells Cleo she's calling for help, but has no idea what she'll say. What she disappeared. She's invisible, she can't see herself. They're gonna think she's a crazy person. Cleo thinks maybe the science experiment spread to her because she made a moth invisible last night. She replays everything for her sister and wonders if the moth may have touched her or if she swallowed it. Molly, which is kind of a weird. Did you touch you or did you eat it?
Speaker 1: It seemed like you really got straight to the point, like you did you put that moth in my drink for me to drink?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like it did. It's just a weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty funny.
Speaker 2: How did you feel about the The way she's invisible becomes invisible is because they turn the moth invisible and then she swallows the moth. Were you okay with this kind of device of turning her invisible? No? I mean I didn't.
Speaker 1: I felt like it kind of. I just kind of went with it at this.
Speaker 2: In right, Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: It wasn't something. It didn't stop me, but you know, it was like trying to figure out how else that was going to be with us having so much like emphasis on these butterflies and then the moth. It was like, okay, I guess that's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: No, And it was fine. Didn't bump me too bad.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Molly remembers the gross water and thought it may have been a bug. She can't believe this is happening. She has become the science experiment. So she rushes downstairs and just then coug Rat love him. He's dressed in a furry costume of a bear. Thinking it was the Cowardly Bear in the Wizard of Oz, he yells Happy Halloween, then sees Cleo rushing down the stairs. She covers for Molly, who was in reality right next to her invisible. They play the Molly's sick in the bathroom card and Koog wonders if it was the meatballs. And this is when I was like, it's already starting with. They had the heavily gassy, farty guinea pig, guinea pig, her drinking the ginger fizz, stuff him with the meatballs, and we'll talk about this again. A lot of gastro intestinal stuff in this movie. Like they just but they were they were like it was like one of the things they just kept going with.
Speaker 1: Right, the meathing became its own character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very it was very strange. But yes, they play like Molly sick in the bathroom and Koog wonders if it was his meatballs. Cleo blocks his way upstairs and tells him to save himself. Koch says goodbye and rushes out, finally giving the sisters some time to figure this out. Cleo hopes maybe this will pass through her body in a few hours, but she has to go to school today. Molly has no idea what they're supposed to do now. She remembers it's Halloween, though, and tries on her Dorothy costume, but that doesn't help. She's still obviously translucent, just a ghost in a dress, and Molly cannot possibly miss today's lacrosse game. There's gonna be college scouts there. And as Molly's trying to figure all this out, the Dorothy costume she's wearing also starts turning invisible. They realize anything she touches will gradually become invisible too, And ladies and gentlemen, we've got ourselves a plot point. Ohlrighty, with no way to uninvisible herself, she has an idea, Cleo should Here's where I started going this. Okay, this can't be right, and I gotta tell you. Up to this point, I'm like, okay, yeah, Safety Channel movie, fun science, they do something science y.
Speaker 1: And recognizing that this was felt like it was made for a little bit younger of a demo within the Disney Channel demo.
Speaker 2: But fine, up to this point, I'm totally fine with this. I get what's going on. I'm in Yeah. So she has an idea Cleo should pretend to be her for the day. They're the same height, same skin tone, and same voice. No, no, and no. But it's true Cleo doesn't kick. This is gonna work because Cleo's not an idiot. But puts on the Dorothy costume, and Molly says she'll be right beside her, coaching her the entire time, and Cleo can wear a blue masquerade mask, eyes wide shut style, even though Dorothy doesn't wear a mask. They should just be it would just be super weird. But they land on Marty Gras Dorothy.
Speaker 1: No, that's not a thing. Nope, think of another costume.
Speaker 2: Come up with a way, like I.
Speaker 1: Can go into my closet at any point, Monroe. They always have these dress up days. I never get anything ahead of time. I go under a closet and figure something out. Figure out another costume. This one doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Something with just a full mask. Yes, hey, I couldn't be Dorothy. The costume got ruined. So I decided to be Pick anything with a head, and you're fine.
Speaker 3: A ghost be a ghost, see exactly, my god.
Speaker 2: Mollie tells her sister to get her science gear and do whatever is needed to fix this. But there's another obstacle. Cleo is too young to drive and Molly is too invisible. But that doesn't stop them because now they're in the car, and instead of putting the convertibles top up, which would give them some protection. They drive to school with the top down, completely exposing invisible Molly in the driving car. Years before weimo was a thing. When they pull up to a stop sign and older pedestrian looks very confused, Cleo says, sorry, she's talking to her invisible sister and they just drive away. Now it's cool. Cleo still doesn't think this is going to work, cause duh, but Molly's confident they'll be fine. And guess what. The school is full of idiots because they all think it's Molly, even her group of popular friends. Her best friend Nicki had some initial questions, but quickly ignores them, hugging her besty and just accepting that she's paler because of sickness. Nicki even loves the mask. Then Cowardly Bear Koog, which is starting to say, like a weird thing now that I'm saying Cowardly Bear Koug spots fake Molly and goes in for a kiss. She pushes him away, claiming she's contagious and promises to see him around. Koog wonders if it was something he did, but Fake Molly swears it's her disease and takes off. Sez yikes a little down the hall, Cleo gets a call. It's George. She says she's not at school today because she's sick. George admits he thinks Molly looks hot today. She's disgusted and asks him to cover for her in Perkins class. And now Cleo is forced to attend Molly's classes, where she notices she's getting cnuses on tests out in the hallway. Cleo judges her great and reoffers to help her if needed. Molly scoffs, yeah right, her sister isn't very warm or supportive. Agreed, Cleo leaves for study hall to get a big compound microscope and figure this whole thing out once and for all. But Cleo actually has to go to Molly's pregame prep cycle and just then some students pass what they think is Cleo talking to herself, And this is just it's starting to get confusing. Yes, but now we're in the gymnasium. NICKI is warming up the girls with a chant who puts the pep in pep circle? We do? Can you do that for me? Because you were like the cheerleader?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I don't know if I can. I I guess I could try. Who puts the pep in pep circle. We do, we do?
Speaker 2: He just did it nice. Have you ever done that? Is that a thing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: It's okay, No it is not, but you just made it one. I see your team doing that from now on.
Speaker 1: All right, you're like, listen to this podcast, and I bet you they're gonna be like, absolutely, yeah, shout out some of them.
Speaker 2: I love that. Sorry about your coach.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: The team spots Cleo and immediately welcomes who they think is Molly with a group hug and a circle of trust. Cleo blindly feels her way through this as Nicky handser the Bunny of truth. Whoever holds it must say something true and meaningful to clear the air. Nikki goes first, praising the strong women on the squad, but has one last piece of truth. She's really mad at the people who invented weather apps. She likes surprises when it comes to her weathers is funny, and then hands the bunny over to Cleo. She stumbles, avoiding anything emotional because we all know the truth that she doesn't want to spill, so Cleo eventually lands on, I am not the girl that everybody thinks I am. I am not the beautiful, shiny star everyone suspects. I'm actually more of the person that nobody notices or nobody pays attention to. But this is probably why I feel so uncomfortable here. But guys, this is all in my head because I'm awesome city Molly the bomb. Anyway, that's my truth.
Speaker 1: If you're like, like, what this is awkward?
Speaker 2: Are you talking about Molly? Have you been drinking? Seriously, you're holding the bunny of truth? Are you sniffing glue? We're here for you, Molly. This is an intervention. I don't know if you're aware of this, but you look completely different. Molly has been watching this whole time, but as everyone claps for Cleo, she leaves for the lab. And now in the lab, George's hard at work on a science project, and invisible Molly has set up a microscope nearby. Obviously, no one can see Molly, so it just seems like the microscope is moving on his own, but nobody notices. George kind of notices, but continues to work on his project. Anyway, Molly moves the microscope just as Carter arrives sea dogs in the house. He wonders how George no that's a different one. There's Kogan, there's car Carter, Qudi Carter, that's what we're calling him, Cutie Carter, and the bear sea dog Curly Carter. There you go. He wonders how George's guinea pig is, and George says it's still farting like a chainsaw, which chainsaws don't fart, and he doesn't know why. Carter shares a very smart solution, which shocks George. How did he know that? And Carter reveals he was a governor scholar in chemistry, but hopes to keep that between the two of them. It's not something he likes to advertise because it'll ruin his jock status. Carter wonders if Cleo will show up, but George says she's sick today. Carter starts to ask what Cleo's deal is, but instead just wishes George good luck with his guinea pig. Meanwhile, Molly's been listening to all this and is visibly invisibly affected by this possible crush. She gleefully grabs the microscope and runs out without anybody noticing the flying instrument crossing the room and in the halls. The microscope just misses getting caught by security, then is put into a locker by Invisible Molly. Okay, I didn't want to bring this up a whole bunch of times, So they cut from her being invisible to her being visible so we can see her fine, totally normal device, completely understand that. Then all the actors talk right to her. Did you notice that all the actors It's not just her sister, but when anybody then sees what the eye line is, right, they're looking eyed eyed eachach other. They're like staring at each other, right, which is weird, Yes, weird.
Speaker 1: They it should be like where is.
Speaker 4: This when you're getting their voice, should be looking slightly.
Speaker 1: Off, yes, yeah, like kind of like trying to actually find the.
Speaker 2: Idea that they're looking right into the eyes is very strange to me.
Speaker 1: It's very strange that does happen every single time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay, so really weird. But the pep circle has turned into a massage human centipede with Cleo at the front enjoying the rubdown, and then out of nowhere, Invisible Molly grabs her out of the formation and pulls her outside. She's excited to tell her sister that this really cute guy in science lab was just asking about her. Cleo downplays it and says she's not the kind of girl that Carter would actually be into. Molly encourages her to try, since there's only one way to find out. Cleo says, they have bigger things to worry about. Duh, you're invisible and this could be killing you somehow, So they walk back to the gym. Then we see Coog run into the bathroom and his bare costume holding his stomach. He apparently, I mean, but it's so much upset stomach stuff in this movie.
Speaker 1: And that bathroom was discussed.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what we're gonna get to Invisible Molly gets an idea and follows him into the bathroom, which is literally the grossest men's restroom ever depicted on film, worse than the one in Trainspotting. Is this what you think men's bathrooms look like?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 1: I absolutely not think a men's bathroom has like just crap everywhere, like just not like key on the walls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we're often urinating on walls, so gross. Why would we be urinating on walls?
Speaker 1: I don't know why you guys do that? You guys are you think that's a thing in trees. I don't know, it's weird outside.
Speaker 2: If there's a bathroom, I'm not gonna be like, well, there's a toilet right there, I'm gonna go pee on the wall, like who does.
Speaker 1: In general, especially in high school bathrooms, they are so weirdly, always dirty, and like the kids just take advantage of, like riding on the walls things like that.
Speaker 2: You start to smoke.
Speaker 1: Huh, well, I don't think you can like.
Speaker 2: Fitting in ours either, but everybody would. There'd be forty kids in the bathroom smoking.
Speaker 1: Forty and no one got in trouble.
Speaker 2: Weird. No, you would get teachers. Oh no, the teacher would walk in. So there was a code. You'd have to walk into the bathroom and go cool. If you walked in and said cool, it meant you were a student, and you'd light up your smoke and everyone sit there and smoke, and if the door open it was a teacher. Someone go uncool and everyone ditch your cigarette so they wouldn't know who held a cigarettes so they weren't gonna bust everybody. Yeah, is this this is just me, just my high school? Yeah, this is high school in the nineties people, Oh my god, anyone you want to smoke a cigarette.
Speaker 1: I feel like at one point, if that was a constant thing, they would be like everyone in the bathroom right now, y'all have like detention or whatever.
Speaker 2: They just kick us out of the bathroom and then yeah, yeah, and then you just never got caught once in four years. And I'd smoke like a pack of cigarettes a day in that bathroom at school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a bad amount of time, of hours, you would smoke a pack.
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 1: Can you walk upstairs?
Speaker 2: I'm good now, but oh my god, I smoked. I was over a packa day smoker for like twenty five years. Oh no, I've done serious damage to myself. I'm well aware of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean as a kid too, Like.
Speaker 2: Well, there's the first smoke after the best thing in the world. You put your little piece of carpet away, you light up a camel. Hell, yes, it's the greatest. There's a reason I didn't have children. Oh my gosh, it is true. Okay, this is not what bathrooms look like, but they're bad. But this was insanely it was.
Speaker 1: It was over the time.
Speaker 2: Yep. Eventually, Molly holds her breath for just enough time to steal the bear costume, which he put on the nasty, disgusting floor.
Speaker 1: I would never go into a boy's bathroom on purpose, even.
Speaker 2: If you're invisible, just to you know, check somethings.
Speaker 1: Now get out.
Speaker 2: I go into a woman's room, but only because you have a couch in there. Yeah, that's the best.
Speaker 1: A full lounge. Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Molly returns to the science lab, now as a bear. She announces herself as Cleot. So again, this is the kind of costume that her sister should have worn throughout the whole day. But anyway, she announced herself as Cleo to Carter and George, who were both shocked to see her. They thought she was sick, and they thought she hated costumes. When when George is suspicious, Molly thinks on her toes and ridicules his pants, and just like that, she has convinced him. She moves on to awkwardly flirt with Carter. But oh, the costume is now starting to turn invisible. Remember that that plot point from earlier. She says she's got a run, but ask Carter on a date just before she leaves. It's a bit startling to everyone, but they decided to meet up that night at ram the Swamp. Remember the dance Molly the Bear bumps into Dorothy Cleo pretending to be not okay, So this movie's tough to recap. Here we go, Molly the Bear bumps into Dorothy Cleo pretending to be Molly in the hallway, and we're trying to keep all the characters straight. The sisters rush into a nearby empty office and Molly fills Cleo in on the big date, and obviously Cleo is furious, But then George walks in and sees the totally headless bear. He's freaking out, and for good reason. The girls explain that Cleo is Molly and Molly is the headless bear and is now becoming an armless bear too. Cleo tells George about the invisible moth. He calls it all amazing and very scary. Meanwhile, Koog is in the halls screaming about his bear costume, but by the time he makes into the office, the bear costume has disappeared and everyone denies seeing it. Back in the hall, George is now bargaining to keep everything a secret. He wants to be set up with Nicky. Then mister Perkins approaches who he thinks Molly is and wants to talk about Cleo, which is a thing because he's actually talking to Cleo only in masked form. Oh boy, I apolo jiz if you're not following this any better than I am. But he is also apparently stupid because he sees nothing wrong. Sorry, Alex, you're the coolest guy in the world, but the character stupid. He admits he went all angry teacher at her yesterday and just wanted to make sure that he's not the reason that she stayed at home Cleo herself. But as Mollie assures mister Perkins, that's not the case and she will eventually blow his mind. Mister Perkins calls Cleo one of the brightest students in his class. She could do great things if she wanted to, And with that, Cleo and George leave, just as Koog finds his bear costume in the hallway. So the logistics question is the bear costume stuff becomes you cannot again.
Speaker 1: The only slip up that I feel happened within the rules of the magic in this movie.
Speaker 2: So that doesn't stay per But it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Because and then I went, well, she's wearing that Dorothy costume, which went away when she put it on.
Speaker 2: Do you think now that I'm gonna ask a very strange question, do you think the reason that they had to do the whole thing with the clothes is because essentially to show her the great reveal of her completely invisible, it would have had to imply that she slept naked, like you know what I mean, Like they wanted her fully invisible, so the clothes had to turn invisible too, because if the clothes didn't turn invisible, they'd either have to show her wearing clothes so she wouldn't be fully invisible, which they wanted to show, or imply that she slept naked. And even though she's invisible, Disney's not going to show even invisible naked person.
Speaker 1: That might be the case.
Speaker 2: So I'm wondering if that was one of the rules of like, no, you gotta have her in clothes even if she's invisible. We'll just make it where the clothes turn invisible too, Like I wonder if that was one of the reasons, because yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Then, but then my question would be, like when she was holding things. If that's the case, why didn't the like if she held the pillow, why didn't the pillow.
Speaker 2: Or the steering wheel or the steering things.
Speaker 1: Like that bag, all that stuff she's holding items, Why don't those do only when they're on her body?
Speaker 2: And they could have also done something if that was the case, making where it happens faster, and then do a scene where both the girls have to hide. So she goes over and hugs her sister, and right does she hug her sister?
Speaker 1: Both of them disappear, And now we just jumped up like three million. Yeah that's probably yeah, exactly, calmed down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right. They they didn't even have enough budget to go eighty minutes in this movie or show the whole thing in Canada shut crazy. So school's over and now we're in the parking lot. Molly wonders if she should have started turning visible by now. Cleo thinks, so they just need to go home and figure this whole thing out. But the problem is Cleo has a lacrosse game she has to play in as Molly. We quickly cut to a very crowded game about to start. Cleo is wearing a helmet again passing as her sister, but you can see like now, even her eyes aren't even covered, right, Cleo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this mask was even a mask.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, oh, I put on barbed wire. You can't tell it's me. What Cleo tells her invisible sisters, She's gonna get creamed out there. Molly admits it's not even easy for her. She's terrified every game and can hardly sleep the night before. That's why she drinks ginger fizz every night, not because she farts all the time like we expected, but because she's nervous. When asked why she even plays, then, Molly says she just likes being part of the team. When she's part of something bigger than herself, it makes her feel better. She knows Cleo can do this and will be right next to her giving instructions the whole time. And with that, the game starts, but even with her invisible sister helping, she runs the wrong way. Then the ball ends up hitting Cleo directly in the head. No one comes to help her. They try to take off her mask be under that happens and it throws her on the ground.
Speaker 1: This is what my laugh out. It was a good one. I watched it a couple of times. I love physical comedy.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say that watching her on Girl Meets World, Rowan was very good at physical She was ver so is Sabrina. Actually, both Rowan and Sabrina very good physical comedians. They really will you will, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Sorry, all right?
Speaker 2: I believe Cheetah girls. The dog was in the street. That counts. I believe you didn't know id the dog was stupid dogs trying to get a job. Well, some dogs deserve to be lost down a hole. I believed when you did that aerial in the middle of the street, that was me. I said, you're just that person, looked just like you. It was incredible. Oh, dare you incredible? Dare you? No? It was good. And then you made that with that guy. I totally bought that too. Yes, that wasn't me. Yes, I had to tell exactly, yes, Okay. After the fighting Owls give up their first goal and Cleo hasn't moved since her fall because she could be dead, but nobody comes and checks on her. Molly points out the college gouts are in the bleacher. She can't lose today, and so Molly has an idea. That's when we get a montage and invisible, Molly decides to just start running on the field herself at full speed, knocking out the other team or another word for that is cheating. Cheating since they'll never see her coming, and she just grabs her sister and runs her down the field, controlling her every move. It's like lacrosse weekend at Bernie's. Cleo scores and it's now tied seven to seven. Even the scouts look impressed. Then there's a timeout, so George gets to flirt with Nicki, and Cleo tells Molly she can't do this anymore. Molly begs her to keep playing. She needs this, and with play about to resume, Cleo gives the team a pep talk and now we are ready again. With just thirty seconds left, there's time for one more play the Owls game possession, and Cleo gets the ball. Her sister can't keep up this time, so she's all on her own. She gets a breakaway one on one with a keeper seconds left, She shoots, she scores, Cleo gets the winning goal. Molly tries to celebrate with her teammates, but quickly realizes even though they're chanting her name, no one can see her and now She's like, Hey, being invisible sucks. Now. Back at Molly and Cleo's house, Cleo is back in the lab with her invisible sister and George trying to figure out Molly's sells. She's panicked because they aren't metabolizing and if they don't neutralize the solution, the invisibility will become permanent. Since it take twenty four hours for a human to fully digest something, they have until midnight to come up with an antidote. Unfortunately, they don't even know where to start because Cleo can't even remember what's spilled into her solution. They decide they need to fully redo the experiment in a contained environment. They'll start with the basic sugar solution, adding chemicals until they get the right combination. They'll know they got it right when the moth vanishes. The girls then decide to go find a moth while George runs off to the school lab. And so Molly and Cleo go to where we know all moths go, the cemetery on Halloween night.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I mean it's outlandish, but like, if you are in New Orleans, you gotta get Yeah, spooky, that's all it is.
Speaker 2: And again, the thing I find interesting. Is nobody's in New Organs.
Speaker 1: No one's in there. When I was there, it was filled with.
Speaker 2: People, cemetery, everything's empty. It's like they shot that this is like a post apocalyptic invisible movie where there's just no people on the streets. It's really really weird. Yes, well, to their surprise, and no one else is is taking a long time to find him off. Their lantern goes out and Cleo tries to fix it. Some fog then washes over Molly and makes her slightly visible again. It's a very touching moment, as as Cleo admits it was nice to see her sister's face again, even if temporarily Molly is scared, but Cleo knows things will be okay, and in that moment they see him off. They chase after it, but it's flying so high and desperate, Molly decides to climb a tree to try to catch it, but before she can capture the bug invisible, Molly falls out of the tree and splashes into a huge puddle, drenching her sister. Cleo asks if she's okay, and Molly says she is not. She is very much not okay. She's in a cemetery at night, soaking wet and covered in swampoos. Plus now she's going to be invisible forever. Cleo swears there's still time, but Molly's ready to give up. Molly is done with science and Cleo's judgment and sarcasm. If she's going to be invisible forever and have her life ruined, she wants to face it alone. Cleo, of all people, can relate to that. Cleo tries to chase after and apologize, but when you're invisible, you can hide really well. Cleo eventually sits in a gravestone and apologizes out loud for everything. Molly is just not an easy sister to have because she has this light that everyone is drawn to. It's hard because Cleo has always wanted that herself, and when she doesn't get it, it's much easier to blame her sister than to blame herself. Now, crying, Cleo admits she should have just gone for your favorite for you don't get with all the toppings, get everything on top, do it, Cleo, And then Jordan has to take out a second mortgage on the house because he added gummy worms. They finally hug and head out. It is nine pm, and now the sisters have jumped in a very pretty and completely empty trolley to head to school, hoping George is everything set up in the lab. That same older lady who saw Cleo in a driverless car gets in the trolley but storms off when she sees Cleo. And this is a total callback to mister Ed. Remember mister Ed, we talked about the talking horse one. Yes, so there's always the same drunk that nobody would ever see mister Ed talk, but they would always wind as the scene talking to his best friend. The same drunk would always stumble in and see mister Ed talking, then look down at his bottle, then dump out his bottle and walk out. And so this was such a nod to that, which the same old lady walks in and then yell it's like, that's obviously what it was. Yeah, it's so funny. Now on their way, Molly asked Cleo if she really meant what she said back there about feeling invisible. Cleo admits it's true, and Molly apologizes she had no idea, especially since she's always been envious of Cleo's brain. And with that, a Mason jar floats into the picture. It holds a moth and we hear Molly say you can come to Froyo next time. They hug and head out the Are you happy now? I read the whole than we can got that? That's so funny. Oh and then this just pissed me off to no end. They meet with the They meet with George at the school lab, but he couldn't get in because of security, meaning the whole time he's done. No, this guy's done nothing.
Speaker 1: We're about to enter an entire unnecessary section. But that would have taken us down to seventy two minutes. I think there's a limit, but he literally they for everyone to get paid to be over.
Speaker 2: They go like, all right, we'll go catch them off. You go set up the lab. They're there for twenty minutes. They come back and this guy's like staring at the door. I've been able to get in and where are phones?
Speaker 1: In?
Speaker 2: This movie would have had him right.
Speaker 1: Yes, text messaging is like was already the addictive like situation. Yeah, how did he not text table? I'm having trouble there's a security guard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, George in this scenario is as useless as a third nut. Thank you so much. I was serious I'd never talk to this kid again. I loved I didn't till this point. He's useless. He's useless, But Molly has an idea. With the security guard bragging about his yellow belt to somebody on the phone, she pranks him by knocking on the door and sneaking in when he opens it. She then uses a mop bucket to draw him into another hallway, only to scare them off with a magical bouncing basketball, which I thought was kind of maybe a little high school musical nod. Yet, and don't even get me started on the dripping paint buckets that put him smack dab in the middle of the world, in the middle of the word boo. With that, the guard sprints out of the building, screaming.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe it took him that long. I would have been like that, that bucket, just moving for no reason.
Speaker 2: I'd be like you would have been gone on the first knock, such a scaredy cat, don't you.
Speaker 1: Literally would not have been able to stay in that already dark, giant building.
Speaker 2: Like anything. I can't at least have a chance of fighting back.
Speaker 1: I'm still if I'm downstairs too long and the house is dark I'm still running up the stairs bedroom. Just a case of ghosts, ghosts robbers that I didn't know was in that That's why.
Speaker 2: That's why ghost scare me, because firearms have no effect on you.
Speaker 1: Yes, O, man, geez our bats are.
Speaker 2: Nice, exactly, Ninja, she through Ninja stars at ghosts nice, that'd be Sabrina. George and Cleo run into the lab and immediately start working on Molly's antidote. They figure out how to make them off visible, but the chemistry is still too difficult to decipher. George says they'll need a governor scholar at chemistry, and that's of course Sea Dog himself. Carter, Cutie Carter with the Curls Kitty Carter with the girls, and they know he's at the Romp the swamp fundraiser either way, they head over to find him and the dance is bumping. Well, it's mostly fog machines, but it's still bumping. Cleo is nervous because if she goes into the dance then Carter will know he likes her, which she admits she does. Molly knows he likes her too, and if he doesn't then he'd be missing out and the best thing that ever happened to him. And once Cleo does take the big step into the party, where possibly the most annoying band we've ever heard in dcom ever is playing, she runs into the Kuge he's looking for Molly, Nervous she's gonna dump him, Cleo says she's just really busy and not to worry. He just wants her to be happy with her without him. He starts to ball and Cleo admits she's was never the biggest fan of his, but Molly is really lucky to have him. Then Invisible Molly blurts out that she misses him too, and what at her? Yeah? Right out of course they're all looking right in the eye. He's confused hearing her voice, so she explains the situation, eventually holding him up in the air to prove that it's her. They must have a very weird relationship if that's what is needed to convince Cleo. Uh yeah, needed to convince the koug. Cleo says she'll explain later, but if they don't find Carter, Koog will be going to the prom with an invisible girlfriend and that won't make for good pictures. Everyone splits up and George scurries through a haunted house and runs into Nikki, and instead of trying to save a girl's life, he asked her out cool priorities there, Hornball, And this is where I felt like they all could have been moving a little faster than they were. It was like, come on, man, yeah it was. It was very strange.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Cleo does finally find Cutie Carter with the Curls, who is dressed as a bowl of honey. Since Cleo was supposed to dress as a bear, which very cute, dead that so cute, very cute, absolutely was, he asked what's up with her? She stand offish and very confusing. She apologizes and admits she's always wanted to hang out with him, but didn't think he'd want to hang out with her. He says he spent a lot of time on his costume and might have overthought it a little bit. She wants to talk to him more, but right now she really needs his help, and with that they head to the barn. Now the entire gang has reunited in this forbidden barn. Carter asked what's going on and Cleo throws a blanket over invisible Molly, revealing her ghost outline. She says, Hi, Carter, and Carter of course faints, which is what I would have done later now with an ice pack, Carter scans a sophisticated solution and thinks he can figure out an antidote. Georgia reveals they only have forty five minutes and they need steam. That's what initially made the moth invisible, so they needed again, and since they can't get back into lab in time, they grab things from around the fundraiser to get it done. We get a quick montage. Love the montage, but this was a real quick one of the gang rounding up a heat source, some tubing and a funnel. Once they find the component to make the steam, they head back to the barn with just forty seconds until midnight. They are under the gun, but it's only working drip by drip. This is gonna take forever. And then mister Perkins starts knocking on the door with fifteen seconds left to hand Molly the antidote. But Molly wants to do something for Cleo first, and I was like, drink the.
Speaker 1: Thing, yes, drinky, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? She opens the door and pours flour on herself becoming slightly visible. She explains the whole situation to mister Perkins, revealing just how special Cleo really is. And I know what you're thinking, How did all this happen in fifteen seconds? Well it didn't. It's past midnight, but Molly drinks the concoction anyway. Cleo is stunned. How did she miss the deadline? It was perfectly set up for her? Molly says, letting mister Perkins know everything her sister did was a risk, but she was willing to take that risk. The Kug is, of course stunned. So I'll never see your beautiful fit cog, I'll never see your beautiful face again. But then he quickly turns a one to eighty and is hopeful about and it's hopeful about having half invisible kids one day. This guy just has such a good heart. This guy, n guy. The coup come on, dum, I date the coup come on. And Cleo though, she's just not willing to give up right now, but Carter's out of options. He says, it should still have worked. Cleo asked Molly if she ate or drank anything weird last night, and they realized they're missing one thing, the ginger fizz she swallowed with the off. Cleo adjust the antidote now with the ginger fizz and hands it to her sister. But before she tries it, she says, no matter what happens, she enjoyed spending the day with Cleo weird, And with that she downs the antidote. Nothing happens at first in the entire group watches and anticipation, and then with a pretty good effect, she slowly reappears. So this means, of course, that the countdown never meant anything at all, although they did try to stop it by they tried to justify it by saying your calculations were not adjustable, but they said variable, kind of like, if anything, we should have had more time. So it worked. The sisters embrace and the group cheersually, leaving the barn to celebrate. Koug says the Koug needs to blow off some steam, and mister Perkins admits Cleo finally did some real science. Yeah, she invented invisibility. Yes, maybe a little too real, he says. He chairs the New Orleans Association of Applied Scientists and wonders if she'd be willing to present her findings next month. She agrees, and Perkins enters the dance just as Carter approaches. He knows it's been a long night. He's dresses honey, but he wants to dance with her, and with that they hold hands and go to romp the swamp. We hear Clearo's narration once again, explaining that the line between visible and invisible isn't that wide. That's when we cut to a packed auditorium where Cleo is getting a standing ovation. She's presenting her findings to the New Orleans scientists. At all she now knows that the visible things can disappear and invisible things can finally be seen. And then that's right, Sabrina. We're at your favorite place in the world, ret Mildred's Frozen yogurt shop in the French Quarter. Cleo and Carter, the Kug and Molly and a new couple George and Nikki are all eating together. And that is our movie. WHOA can we do some real reviews, Sabrina? Oh boy, I got the five star.
Speaker 1: Yes, I got the let's start there.
Speaker 2: We found a five star. Uh this is from reviews now and I said it that loud because the now is capitalized. Despite oh, I love this review. I really do. Despite improbable developmental growth and televised cheesiness. It's a twofold picture in two ways. The title not only describing its literal sense, but it's also socially relatable before scientifically reversing the roles and managed to achieve a better storytelling. I'm reading this properly. People achieve a better storytelling when it comes to invisibility. Well at the same time, one of the better Disney Channel films. Huh what? Five stars? Don't know what you said? Reviews now reviews No five star exactly, You've got the one star, so I do.
Speaker 1: Steve's pissed guys is miss He does not like this movie with this one star. The setup for the invisible sister is so ludicrous it's impossible. My favorite part is when the sister is invisible, everyone still is able to look at her directly in the eyes. This one is a fat turkey.
Speaker 2: Okay, one star, fat turkey, one star, one fat turkey star. Yeah, well, we are now coming to our favorite portion of the program. Well your favorite portion of the program.
Speaker 1: Do now love this part.
Speaker 2: Because producer Jensen isn't around as much. That's why you love it. Be honest.
Speaker 1: He doesn't him not being here, mikaylaan and uh and Lisa, don't make me feel as dumb.
Speaker 2: You're not dumb. Were playing with producer Lisa. We have producer Lisa today. Intro our feature game is called where because I like to pronounci. H are they now?
Speaker 1: It's like wheat?
Speaker 2: Where cool whip? Where are they now? Nice? Now? Where are they now? Invisible sister clearly deals with the disappearance of Molly. Luckily she returned by the end of the film, but there are mysteries out there that are yet to be solved. We're going to be given five questions about famous disappearances, and we must answer three correctly to win. You feel in confidence, Abrena not in.
Speaker 1: Any shape right, which is normal?
Speaker 2: Here we go, so Number one pioneering aviator Amelia Earhard attempted to circumnavigate the globe in nineteen thirty seven, but vanished over what body of water? Is it A the Atlantic Ocean? Be the Pacific Ocean, see the Indian Ocean or d Billy Ocean?
Speaker 1: A Atlantic Ocean.
Speaker 2: I think it's B the Pacific Ocean. It is B. Gosh.
Speaker 1: She that was the only one I had shot.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure she disappeared of memory serves near the Howling Islands, and they thought there was a chance she actually landed there on in her Electra forty one. I think that flight was I forget nerd you. Yeah, I love familiar art. Okay, infaminished she did, but yeah, okay. Infamous teamster leader and allegedly having some mafia ties. Jimmy Hoffa just up and disappeared, as some well people that were at that time used to do. In nineteen seventy five. His body was never found. So how many years did it take to officially declare him legally dead? A three B five C seven D. He is still considered quote unquote missing.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think he's still missing. D.
Speaker 2: I think it's C seven C god C seven, thank you very much. No, they actually seven.
Speaker 1: That sounds like.
Speaker 2: Or you set my battleship. I think other people have now come out and kind of told what they think what they're pretty sure happened, which is he was taken away, he was killed and then brought to a local crematorium where they burned his body. So they're pretty sure that's what happened.
Speaker 1: There's also rumors that without the evidence of his DNA.
Speaker 2: How can they like really, because it was the guy who claimed to have actually killed them coming out and saying this is what happened. Yeah, it's like one of the mafia people claimed that that. Yeah, there's also rumors that he's under freeway overpasses and he's part of I think it's like Wrigley Field. I mean, there's like he was buried in all these places here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Malaysia Airline flight MH three seventy genuinely vanished while flying from Kuala on port of Beijing in twenty fourteen. How many people are on that flight? This is a sad question. I don't want to answer this.
Speaker 1: We're skipping this one.
Speaker 2: I am. I'm snipping it. We're both got that one, right.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like flying stuff number four, So we both got that right. Congratulations you were great. World renowned band leader Glenn Miller boarded a small military aircraft in nineteen forty four to perform for troops in Paris and was never heard from again, and no wreckage was ever found. How many number one hits did he have in the three year span from nineteen thirty nine nineteen forty two. I'm sorry, it's just funny to you. Is Glenn Miller's passing funny to you? Sabrina in nineteen forty two.
Speaker 1: And was never found.
Speaker 2: Fruit? Exactly? I know. It was like there's a change.
Speaker 1: What was his favorite fruit?
Speaker 2: That's a chance, like what how when he hits he went down in a small military I crafted nineteen forty four? What was his favorite tan step? Exactly? All right? So how many number one hits to the f was it in that three year?
Speaker 1: Spanish Joe cole Brew is hitting this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've taken one ship Like I'm.
Speaker 1: Like loopy right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, here go a three B four C five or D sixteen C five battleship hit hit. I'm gonna say Glenn Miller was big three years. I'm gonna say D sixteen that's.
Speaker 1: A lot of number one hits. D no way, Amy Jensen, thank you ball numbers. And then just throwing that big one night and think there was a shot out.
Speaker 2: Number five And the last question I won, by.
Speaker 1: The way, Yes, I know, because you do every.
Speaker 2: Week awesome, I do not number five. The Dresden Green Vault held diamond jewelry sets a sword with a diamond encrusted handle, several diamond shoe buckles made of diamonds, and part of a diamond necklace that belonged to Queen Amelia Augusta from eighteen twenty four. They were stolen in December twenty twenty two from a museum in Berlin. Thirty one of the items were eventually returned to authorities. What is the estimated value of the items that were stolen? Is it A forty five million, B seventy eight million, CE one hundred and thirteen million or D one billion dollars?
Speaker 1: Ooh, I'm gonna stick with C.
Speaker 2: Go on for C again. One hundred and thirteen million seems like a lot. But yeah, I'm gonna say B seventy eight million, okay.
Speaker 4: And Sabrina is right, I got too right, You got too right.
Speaker 2: One of them is the one these skipped.
Speaker 5: But yes, can we do some, Sabrina Sea, Yes we can, Sabrina sees.
Speaker 1: Okay, my first little qualm happened, but then it actually kind of got resolved. The way she's talking to this professor or teacher, I guess threw me so bad. I was like, whoa that she rude?
Speaker 2: Oh? So rude?
Speaker 1: When she talks about that, like, I mean, her comments are funny, it's it's comedic. But like when he's like when she says the like skinny jeans that he's like almost young enough to wear something, I was like, oh my gosh. And then so then it kind of made it okay for me when he goes, yeah, well that's gonna be your full grade. Yeah, let me yes, but then it switched. I really loved that moment, and I think this is one of my favorite things of Disney. Being a teacher believe in her so much was such a cool moment for this movie that did kind of go a wall at times, but having her hear it directly from his mouth to of like him talking about her when he thought she was Molly, was like such a great moment. I think teachers don't get enough credit of how much and kids don't ever really realize how much you can be like inspired by a teacher and inspired by somebody who's not your parents believing you. That was a little bit of a did you have an important teacher? Yes, and she's still part of my life. Name Stacy Schue.
Speaker 2: Okay, what did she teach? She?
Speaker 1: She was actually just my advisor for song And what I love about her is she she believed in me so much. And she wasn't even a dancer. She's a She's a cheer coach that did the whole program that both cheering dance was under. And I still work with her today. She's guys are still but yeah, she her belief in me, not being my parents. She's very stern. The rules were the rules. If I couldn't make it because of an audition or something like that, she helped me accountable, but also like just believed in so much of what I was doing, Like she didn't want me to not audition. She just wanted to know that there were consequences if I was gonna misspractice, which is fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 1: Just learned so much by her. But a moment shout out stays so anyways, Yes, uh, I knew you were going to have a I was like, oh, this mask is not enough for will enough. Oh they were awful and it just didn't make sense. I totally agree. We harped on it too enough, that was for sure. You didn't even once you went right by it, And you said that so many times in our script today, not once did the fighting owls bother you and I like Paul because what was the what is the mascot in Zombies?
Speaker 2: The shrimp?
Speaker 1: The shrimp? I want to be like, what is Paul's deal with these ridiculous mascots? Are not They are not intimidating, They are not anything like the fighting owl. Yeah yeah, Oh, next time we talked to him, we have got to talk about these mascot choices.
Speaker 2: Are these his choices? Does he have any?
Speaker 1: I think they were because he's really funny, So I think that's a funny thing.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 1: Having George come on the field irked me because you are not allowed to go on the field middle of the Can you do it in the middle of the game? In so many Disney movies? Yes, what was the last movie that they played the random Homecoming game.
Speaker 2: Ashley? Uhh uh?
Speaker 1: Perfect Boy? Or oh that movie how to Build a Better Boy?
Speaker 2: How to Build a Better Boy?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Lisa, Yes, how to Build a Better Boy? Randomly just going on the field not allowed? Not allowed.
Speaker 2: There's literally one of the biggest things in the history of Disney is a song called get your Head in the Game.
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 2: Is that what it's called? Yes, that's what I'm saying, get your head in the game in the middle of the game. I thought you said.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say someone was randomly on the No.
Speaker 2: I'm saying. I'm saying, get your head in the game. It's like it's you're in the middle of the game. You can't do the game, keep your characters off the sports field.
Speaker 1: And then you didn't mention either. The goalie in the final goal of the lacrosse game, by the way, lacrosse game really got I liked it. I liked that such a I love sports, though I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Yes, you do, of course you do. It's like your never oh yeah, no, my brother's played. You wear pat you were full helmets and full yeah yeah, ring a football uniform. Right.
Speaker 1: They didn't have that on.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't.
Speaker 1: That's interesting, Disney. They never do that. If anything, they're like overly at it or whatever. Okay, the goalie in the final goal jumps towards the ball, but like doesn't use any aspect of like blocking it.
Speaker 2: It was the that's a person that the scouts are gonna be like, No, not.
Speaker 1: Wirst goalie ever. Sorry for that person, But yes, that was a terrible goal and that was it. We covered everything else.
Speaker 2: We can and with terrible goalie.
Speaker 1: I love that, well goalie.
Speaker 2: It is now, of course, the portion of our program where we rate the film that we just saw, and we're gonna do well. We're in person, So let's do it a little bit differently. Okay, let's do one out of ten?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: One will be the smallest.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: So here are options this week? Is this one out of ten fro yo chance huh? One out of ten, the Koog's, one out of ten, moth waters, one ten meatball? Oh, I hope that's not the one we picked, but I kind of hope it is one of ten invisible herpies, a roll, Dorothy masks, massage line, human centipedes, cemetery moths, one out often useless Georgie's, or one out of ten half in vision kids. I get to pick this week, I think, And just because I want to hear you say it, we're gonna do one on a ten meatballs. I also think I go.
Speaker 1: Also, don't think I'm gonna have meatballs for her.
Speaker 2: I know I've been eating so many lately. I think I go first. This time, you go first, this time. Remember, I don't either. What did we watch last? Oh, the Horse movie?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll go, Okay, you go first, Okay.
Speaker 1: So I can end it on a little bit again.
Speaker 2: Look, the cast in this movie was great. They really were. There was not a weak actor in the whole bunch. Rowan phenomenal. You can tell she was going to be a star right away. She commands the screen. She's cute, she's funny. The girl who played her sister great, Alex Dasier, amazing. All the cast they put around her was incredible. I had no problem with the cast whatsoever. The initial idea of your sister turns into and now you've got to go to high school. You want to be invisible. She's a And it works on a bunch of different levels, it really does. And then it becomes ridiculous where now you're me and all you have to do is put on this tiny mask and no one's gonna wreck. It drives me insane. It is so cheap and such a cheat to having to write actually what happens. That's the problem is you could come up with a story that's great. Again, put her in a Halloween costume all day and then it's, oh, I gotta keep the Halloween costume on. How are you gonna eat lunch? I can't eat lunch. I'm trying to shove it through your bare costume. There's so many ways to use it in the story as opposed to just we're gonna put on a mask and we're gonna make it where everybody else is stupid. Yea. It drives me up the wall because this was possibly a very good movie. Again, great cast, the special effects looked really good, so I was like, I was excited for this. It's not too long. It was like, hey, this could be great. And they do stuff like that. It just drives me insane. It is so easy and cheap. I don't like it. That brought my score, brought the score way down for me. The cast brought it way up. That brought it way down. So I think I'm generously gonna give this a five point five meat ball. They forgot I am because it's just I'm sorry. And also, the thing that makes me mad is if you do something like this and it's a bad movie anyway, okay, then it's just another thing that's happening in a bad movie. But when you've got this cast, and you've got a good idea, and you've got this director right, and you've got this special effects budget and all this kind of stuff, and you just do that with the story. It's just it really drives me up the wall. So I think I'm being generous with the five point five.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we got Daddy ho In on this movie, so I have a set limit of how low I would go her in general, because I love him so much. I do too, But I do agree that there could have been a rewrite that made that they worked around that situation. They have one character that could have passed by. It would been hilarious the whole.
Speaker 2: Time, her right soun.
Speaker 1: Maybe not all her team knew knew like okay, that's fair, but like her best friend, like they could have added a little bit more people to make it not as extreme. The teacher's not realizing it. He wasn't even she's not even his student like that.
Speaker 2: Ways to do I mean, H Double Hockey Sticks. So at the end of H Double Hockey Sticks, I'm supposed to go My character is supposed to take over for Matt Lawrence on the ice and pretend to be him on the ice. If you remember that. Yes, they put me in a full hockey thing and then covered my face like I had broken my nose because from the last check, so my whole face is covered. Why she's on the lacrosse field? What you know? Why can't she She's got to go from wearing a costume all day to now full across pads, a full across helmet. Why you never wear that? I know, Well, I didn't want to hurt my nose for the dance tonight. There's so many ways to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does that work right? Yes?
Speaker 2: And they just they just went, nah, we're not gonna do any of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So but even still, I felt like the special effects really were actually very very good, and I thought it was really cool how they went in and out. They used great moments to do that, and I liked that. There were a lot of things that I did like that overrode the ridiculousness of that kind of stuff. Paul Hoen his everything he did. There's so much comedy moments where I feel like that was Paul really having a big hand on things. And I generally like liked it but didn't love this movie. And one thing I would have bought would have bumped it up one more notch. When we got into the what was it Swamp Swamp?
Speaker 2: What was swamp Romp?
Speaker 1: With that set at the entrance in it, I was like, there's gonna be a dance number because it looked like a setup of that, and I was kind of sad that it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: It would have been so random though, meaning like, how how are there not? Maybe there were and I just missed them, But how do you not do costumes from like other Disney.
Speaker 1: Other Disney movies. Yes, there could have been a zombies kid in there.
Speaker 2: Well maybe not yeah yet no, but a high school musical kid. There could have been some cheetah girls.
Speaker 1: I know when it comes to like a Halloween thing, I always think of that as well. Anyway, I did like the movie, didn't love it. It was kind of just one of those like pass through it and you know, that's what it was. So for me, this was a seven meet ball, yes seven meatball, because again I some of this stuff was just kind of like, yeah, I guess that was yeah, whatever whatever. But I didn't hate it, and there were moments and like you said, the cast is really good and I love love and there was three couples that came out of this movie, so that also was great for me. I love the little ones just falling in love. I loved the koog and how much love we had. It was great. So anyway, seven Meatball, Meatball Meatballs.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that. We just keep saying it. That is my favorite. Thank you our next movie, everybody, Wow, we're in for a very big one, guys, and we're kind of breaking our own little rules here a little bit, yeah, because we're not doing a dcom, but it's so awesome and important that it's necessary because it's just in time for the return of Rick Moranas in the new Spaceballs movie where we're visiting one of the most successful blockbusters, nineteen eighty nine's Honey I Shrunk the Kids, a theatrical release that eventually turned into a dcom three qurol. So we're skirting our own rules here, but I want to watch it and it's one of and it is also on Disney Plus of course, so go and check it out early so you can be prepared. If you haven't seen this movie. It it's so good, it's so much fun, the cast is great, It's was so ahead of its time. This movie was wonderful, So I hope I remember it being wonderful.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it was. It's not going to disappear. There's no way. This movie for sure. Talk about this, this podcast being all about nostalgia. This is it for so such a huge generation, and I'm so excited me to watch this.
Speaker 2: Is this is a this is a rewatch. I'm very much looking forward to.
Speaker 1: This is a movie. I definitely watched probably at least one hundred times.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've seen I watched this movie a ton as well. Yeah, this is a great movie.
Speaker 1: I wore out my VHS in this for sure, like it was the had to get another content. Yeah, I think it's gonna be really gross.
Speaker 2: I don't know. And as you know, we have endless content on the Magical Rewind dedicated feed, movie reviews, interviews, and even live podcasts from Disneyland. So just go to wherever you get podcasts and search for Magical Rewind, subscribe and you will never miss another episode and don't forget. You can also follow us on that amazing machine.
Speaker 1: Is that what it's called Instagram?
Speaker 2: Oh I g that's where it is at Magical Rewind Pod. Thanks everybody, and we'll see you next time Bye. You admit she should have gone for froyo