Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with on our radio.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, welcome to the Almost Famous podcast. We have g and Nina Ja Belli.
Speaker 3: And did you say right right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And Blake Hornsman on the podcast. They're here celebrating their engagement. They got engaged it last week. Is that true time?
Speaker 5: No, it was thirty so a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, October thirties. You kept it secret for a little while and you just announced it last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got engaged in the election happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were like what You're like, Yeah, I'm just gonna be quiet for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: We actually probably could have used some refreshers to the timeline actually during that I want to dive in right away with this because it is such a special moment for the two of you. Blake, I texted you this and I mean it how I mean you guys have been together now for how many years?
Speaker 4: Almost three?
Speaker 5: Three next month?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, and you obviously have a beautiful child together who is such a joy to watch, and so you were like, very your your lives are very intimately entwined at this point.
Speaker 5: To say the least.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you are you know, you haven't proposed yet, so you're planning this proposal for a year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for a year. Yeah, he was planning it.
Speaker 7: Or I was pregnant.
Speaker 4: That's a good little tidbit throw in there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, Ben. So like basically, yeah, I was. I had first started August of twenty twenty two, is that right?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: No, three, August of twenty two three is my first visit. It's a brilliant earth And like I knew at that point, I was like, oh, this is a good start, you know. I was like, let's just like get I had no idea what to expect because I mean picking out I mean I've always I've always picked out a ring before, but it's nothing like in real life, you know what I mean, Like they just had the rings there and you just kind of pick one. So this was like I get to customize it. I knew I had asked her long before, like what she wanted as far as like an oval cut, all that fancy stuff.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: He literally just.
Speaker 4: Like randomly texted me when I was like at the nail salon one y, he goes, so what you want?
Speaker 2: And I was like, nail salon of all places.
Speaker 7: He's like, so, what kind of ring you want?
Speaker 4: I'm just sitting there, you know, like scrolling like when you're you know, at the nails chilling.
Speaker 7: And then I was like.
Speaker 4: What I called my cousin.
Speaker 7: I was like, what kind of ring do I want?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: You want this cut, you want the prongs, you want this, you want that?
Speaker 7: And I was like, you know, like something like this, a little like a.
Speaker 3: Little oval, something little little.
Speaker 4: And I was like nonchalant.
Speaker 2: I was like, this will do.
Speaker 5: And then that's it.
Speaker 4: That's literally all we ever talked about it. He did not want to go ring shopping with me.
Speaker 8: I wanted to be a surprise. So I like, yeah, I wanted to be like a surprise. Yeah, so I didn't I that was it.
Speaker 5: And then I didn't ask her again. I'd asked her.
Speaker 8: I asked her ring size at that point, but I didn't ask again, like I just I was like, Okay, I got what she wants, and now I'm going to see if I can pick out the ring that she really loves.
Speaker 4: And for a whole year I was like, oh my god, this man has like a random picture that I took off Pinterest, like like is this even I mean, I guess it is what it is. And then for a year I was just like, I don't know when this is going to happen. So yeah, engagement nails for like a year straight.
Speaker 2: It was so stressful.
Speaker 7: Friend tip white chrome for like a yek.
Speaker 5: Sweat it out, sweat it out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can't wait to be Oh my goodness, you guys, I have so many questions from this now, all right, So, Blake, when she found out she was pregnant, were you like ever thinking, oh, I got to get the rate, like let's hurry up and get the ring the finger before we had come out with the pregnancy, or you like, let's wait until after the baby. Then did this change your timeline of proposal.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a good question. I basically kind of like told her. I was like, listen, we can get engaged tomorrow, we can get married tomorrow if.
Speaker 5: That's something you want.
Speaker 8: And she was just kind of like and I was like no, No, She's like, oh, we don't need to rush it, like you know, we're in it for the long haul, like we know, you know. So she was basically like I want to be well, obviously you were incredible, Like she ended up being having an incredible pregnancy and like felt like she was glowing, but she was.
Speaker 5: We didn't think it was going to be like that. So she was like, I want to be hot.
Speaker 4: Again, so then you can get you when you get Oh, I want to feel good. I want to feel like myself, I mean for me and it.
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to work this, so I'm not like traumatized to the sense where from love is blind where I think he's going to tell me not the altar. But because of that experience, I did want some things to just kind of be like this is how I've always wanted it to be, you know, instead of having that experience of like knowing when I was getting get engaged seeing you know, no, not seeing that person through the fucking wall, like having this super generic ring be picked up for me.
Speaker 7: Like I wanted.
Speaker 4: Something to feel like you know how I always envisioned it. So that's why I was like, you know what, there's no rush, Let's just take it one step out a time again, Like I didn't know if I was going.
Speaker 7: To feel good during my pregnancy.
Speaker 4: It was one of those things where I was like, I've always envisioned myself just.
Speaker 7: Being in a happy mood. Let's let's just kind of keep that.
Speaker 4: Moment sacred and between us and I mean literally we met what October no December twenty twenty one, and one of the first conversations we had, I was like, I want to get married in Croatia, and like we already knew that we were going to get married because we knew that this was going to happen. So again it was just like a let's just let's just keep this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're gonna do it all our timeline. We didn't want to rush anything. We just want to do it on our timeline. And so yeah, it worked out perfect, It.
Speaker 7: Worked out great. Heath was there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: That was really special too, is to have Heath there for the photos and for the moment and everything.
Speaker 5: It was really special. And he'll be you know, we able to look back and be like, look, you were there when you're.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, he'll be.
Speaker 5: At the wedding. Yeah, the ring bearer and all that fun stuff.
Speaker 6: I want to flash back and then get back to the timeline we're on right now. I want to flash back to the two of you, and this question is for both of you to answer individually. Obviously, you were thinking about a proposal and getting married before you knew that Heath was going to be entering into this world with the two of you. What was the moment or is there a moment where you remember going, I'm going I want to marry this person.
Speaker 7: Hmm, that's a good question I'll answer for this is about you.
Speaker 6: So i'll give you Yeah.
Speaker 8: For me, there wasn't like an exact moment. I was like, oh, there wasn't that for me. I think it was just when she moved in, because like in my past relayships, I've had some long relationships where like they moved in and it was like whoa, like we can together, we can not cohabitate. So I think it was I already know I loved her, you know, all that kind of stuff, and then she moved in, and then it was it was smooth and it was like she did you know she Like it wasn't like oh, like I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, I don't know how to explain it. Like it wasn't like she.
Speaker 8: Was like, oh my house now, you know. I was like not in that sense. It was like she made the house better for in my life better. She made like I could see a future with her after it was like, okay, we can go.
Speaker 2: Have it in the house better. I was jared but acknowledged this.
Speaker 5: It was now give me a great care.
Speaker 8: I only lived here for like a month before she moved in, so I hadn't made.
Speaker 5: It mine yet really, but no, she did.
Speaker 8: She turned the house into a home, right, and that's what that's what Yeah, that's what you did for sure.
Speaker 5: So yeah in that sense, and then I was like, okay, like we could live together like this.
Speaker 8: I can see this like future because in the past that was like that was kind of a hard thing for me to co have dates.
Speaker 5: So so yeah, that was kind of like me while I was like trama.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, my past strama and relationships were like once I lived with a girl, it was like, oh god, I can't do this.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we clicked in that sense. So that was that was kind of like what it was for me for sure?
Speaker 2: For you?
Speaker 5: What was it for you?
Speaker 4: I So he invited me for Christmas two weeks like after the show, so we'd already been like dating for three weeks, and it was like it was January where I was in here, I was in this house and everything just felt so like like I was meant to be here.
Speaker 7: I was just like whoa. And I got on a call with my manager and they're like, so, like, how's it going. And I was like, I'm going to marry him?
Speaker 5: Was January me too? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then I had to tell Netflix no for Perfect Match like a month later.
Speaker 8: And at that point I had to marry it.
Speaker 4: Like this solidifies it for me, you know, it's not just like a thing that I'm saying like this kind of this just tells me like I don't want to look anywhere else, even though I have this like amazing opportunity to do it. And so yeah, it was like that time frame and then after that I was just like, yeah, I guess I'm in Colorado.
Speaker 6: Know if I remember correctly though, and I could be thinking about this all wrong. When you first came out to Colorado, this was not a you're moving, but then you just never left. Like I remember this, there's like a plan of like, hey, she's going to come spend like a month and it's going to be great, but you know, she lives in Miami. And then it was like five months and then all of a sudden, it was a year.
Speaker 5: The first year I went home a week here, a week there, and then I.
Speaker 4: Went home twice to repack and then I just gave back. But you were so sweet like you always. I remember, like on the show, you were just like, yeah, I can't wait for you to like come and see my house, and you know, I can just like envision you cooking like in the kitchen. And then I remember your roommate was like leaving and You're like, yeah, like we can play house now, like you said those words, and I was just like, oh my god, like we're on.
Speaker 2: The same page.
Speaker 4: It was so sweet because like you know, like you can tell like a guy like wants to or not. And he never told me like, oh hey I got a gig, like you should leave, like he was yeah, like do you want to come or do you want to stay? Like he was never like this is a good time for you to go home, Like never never said anything like that. So I was like, all right, cool, like, yeah, I'm here, I'm on the same page.
Speaker 2: Not to go further back in time, but when you guys first met on All Stars Shore, did you feel like a love at first sight feeling?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: Is there any moment during the filming where you were like I could marry this person.
Speaker 4: So I had like this I was all in because you know I was. I made sure to like be in the moment, and he made me feel fantastic, like I'd never clicked with somebody like that, where it was like so genuine. I had like butterflies every single time I saw you. But in my head, I was like, I have this dating show coming up, so like this is just gonna be the sweetest, shortest relationship ever, and and I just I just made sure to be like, you know, like savor every second of it. And then I told him about it while we were still there, and the way she told.
Speaker 8: Me, filming had just wrapped and we were like in the like hotel, you know, after it wraps, and they're doing like itms like passing, and.
Speaker 4: She told me, I was like, I had this dating show, and the way that you reacted, I knew that I wasn't going to do it.
Speaker 3: How like, how did he how did he react so sweet?
Speaker 4: Like you expect someone to be like, oh, like you used me, but why didn't you tell me like you just led me on and I'm going to break my heart?
Speaker 7: And all this shit? He was so he was he was sad. He was just so sad. He just went, oh, like I really thought this was something.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 4: I promise, but it was just the way and he was so and I left for like a couple of hours, you know, to like really think about it, and I just come back in the room and he was just like laying down like so fucking depressed, and I was like, this man.
Speaker 2: Loves me, like.
Speaker 8: It's kind of and I kind of surprised myself the way I react. I think, as I had been in the industry, you know, in this world for a few years at that point, like I understood the opportunity. So I wasn't gonna be like you are me, you know what I mean. I wasn't gonna be like, you know, like that's it, we're breaking out. It was just kind of on the things, was like, listen, if you go on the show, we're not together. Like I'm not going to be the boyfriend back home. But I did say it like a month later, but I was like, if this is something you feel like, you know, maybe I'll still be here when you get back. Because I was like that one, like we do have such a strong connection, but yeah, I was super sad. I remember being like super sad and disappointed, but at the same time, like when we were filming, I remember thinking like like this is great, Like she were clicking. Like I I remember waking up every morning and sitting at the breakfast table and like she'd always come out like a runway and she come out and here like you know, how her her clothes, you know her style, she come out her style. I was like, oh my gosh, you know, every day, every morning. But I also do remember thinking like that she was like not necessarily holding back, but there was you were going in with the therapist a lot.
Speaker 4: I remember like, oh, just live in the moment, like whatever you know it was in the future hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 7: And I was like, yeah, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 4: But I remember like as soon as I met you, and I've said the story before, but when you're saying like love at first sight, I look back at it now and I'm like, that's what it was, because like you walk down to the beach and it was just like me and like three other people there.
Speaker 7: And I remember and I was like, why do you look so familiar?
Speaker 4: And he's wearing like this like white shirt with like blue flowers on it, like twenty eighteen, Blake, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, it's like a little tight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 7: He's like walking on blah blah blah. Do you look so familiar?
Speaker 4: He goes, I'm from the Bachelorette and like the biggest Blake smile. And I was just like off, like I like this, like feeling my stomach and I was like.
Speaker 5: Not the bachelor guy, red flag, Like.
Speaker 4: I fell for it, like literally like that moment, I was like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're in h.
Speaker 6: The It's always interesting to me too, though, because we've established that you guys, you know, only have this this past on the show, but then you've worked through stuff and you've came together, and you've been li together, and you have a son together and all these crazy things that have brought your life together.
Speaker 3: Blake.
Speaker 6: I want to hear from you though, as you got ready to propose, the feelings and the emotions that came about in you to propose to somebody that you knew I would assume was gonna.
Speaker 3: Say yes, that's pretty sure.
Speaker 6: Just give us a perspective of still just how hard that is to propose?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, man, you asked the question that I've been dying to ask the entire episode because I watched your guy's YouTube video about how nervous you were. I'm like, Blake, you have a child together. To me, to me, that is the ultimate game, you know.
Speaker 6: And I just have to say this because Blake and I texted about this, and I don't want to put words in his mouth, so I'm going to it's just different, Like I don't know, like, it's just different.
Speaker 3: So I want to hear Blake.
Speaker 6: Knowing that you have a child together, knowing that she was going to say yes, what still did it feel like?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean I was.
Speaker 8: I was shocked and out nervous. So was I wasn't nervous Like picking out the ring. I was super excited when I got the ring, which was like probably about six weeks I think before the prosal it was like burning a hole in my pocket, Like I just wanted to show her cause I knew she would love it so much.
Speaker 5: I was so excited.
Speaker 8: But then when I fully started a plan plan it all, which was probably about three weeks out, four weeks out something like that, I started to get so nervous. I was like, you're right, like I knew she was gonna say, yes, we have a child together, like we'd already you know, planned this future together.
Speaker 5: But I don't know what it was. I think some of it was kind of she spoke to it a little bit.
Speaker 8: She had been you know, engaged, she had been more or less proposed to that you did the proposing too, But I knew that that wasn't how she envisioned it, you know, I knew that it was like I felt a lot of pressure, Like I felt a lot of pressure. I want I wanted it to be perfect for her, So the building up to it was like a lot and I couldn't believe when I the two days leading up to we were in I was like shaking, like I.
Speaker 5: Was like freaking out. My heart was founding.
Speaker 8: And then when we were at the park in Madrid, I was like had the like you know, ring in my back pocket, and I was like running through all these snares in my head like what if I like drop it, Like what if I you know, what if I like fumble it. I was just like freaking out and like even getting it on the knee, like my leg was shaking when I was getting done on knee. I don't remember what I said, Thank god it's on camera because I completely blacked out. But it was just once it like obviously I was looking forward to it and I loved it, but once it was over, like it's kind of a big relief, probably a lot like I went you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It was just kind of like, Okay, we're engaged. She loves the ring. Thank god.
Speaker 8: It was like one of those moments of like yeah, and she said yes before I showed her the ring, which I think is a good sign.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, for success.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So she started kissing me and I was like no, no, no, like look at the ring and I was like yeah. Reaction was amazing.
Speaker 6: It's the weirdest thing, though, to be so nervous to put say a few words to the person that you're closest with in life, Like, it's such a weird like thing I'll never forget. Just like you said that those nerves, that confusion, the wild thoughts. Gee, did you have any idea that this trip was going to be the trip that you got proposed?
Speaker 3: Only too.
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 4: I think, honest I thought every trip was going to be the trip that I wasn't going to be, but I ended up getting pregnant in stud So I've been waiting for this for a whole while. So to say, I was like I was again my nose were done, Like I was. I was ready for it to happen since he.
Speaker 7: Asked me about the ring.
Speaker 5: Wait, yes, since.
Speaker 7: You asked me what the ring last year?
Speaker 4: So anyway, so yeah, and so then I was pregnant and I want to wait. So I knew that after I had heath, like any moment between that till like now could have been it. So but but I like lost anticipation after a while, Like I didn't put pressure.
Speaker 7: On any of it. I was just like, if it happens here, it happens here.
Speaker 5: If it doesn't, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: Because I didn't want to like come home from a beautiful trip and be like ruin.
Speaker 7: This gorgeous trip.
Speaker 4: So at this point I was just like, listen, wherever you choose, I know that he's been, that he knows me, and that he wanted it to you know, make it this this moment between us and like this beautiful, perfect thing, because neither of us had that. So wherever wherever he was going to do it an that it was going to be like perfect, and it was, and it was one of the loved love that some of my family was there. I love that it was a place that I've grown up going, Like my family lives in Madrid and I've been to that park like a hundred times, but I haven't been to that part that that part was new. But it was just it was perfect because it wasn't like, you know, being here at home. It was but it had that nostalgia again.
Speaker 7: I'm just I'm just really happy that he did that there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I was like going because obviously we went to Paris after, and I was like, do I do in Paris?
Speaker 5: You know, for the lightful towers?
Speaker 8: Like it's a little cliche, but it could be fun, it could be cute, but then when you realize you're gonna stay in mud for a couple of days, I was like, perfect. And I contacted her mom to get her cousin's number and to figure it out.
Speaker 5: You know, the language barrier was really interesting.
Speaker 8: When I was planning it, I was like trying to you know, I was texting in my translate app and then copy pasting and what's.
Speaker 4: Happened well, and that's also a thing too, because I was like, no, it can't be Madrid, because like he doesn't he doesn't know anybody, he.
Speaker 7: Doesn't know how to like if it were.
Speaker 4: If it were one of the trips in the United States, and then yeah, maybe you could like pull some strings and get this or that. And I was like, Madrid, he has zero contacts, so I didn't ever think that you would talk to my family.
Speaker 2: And this even when he said, let's go for a walk with a photographer through a park.
Speaker 5: So we do that is a good question, Like we.
Speaker 7: Do like that all the time.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, We've.
Speaker 9: Been in so many photo shoots a lot of the glass as they're like, well this is so staged, like what well in our industry, like we take photos, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: And you yeah, exactly. We had been taking like my family photos.
Speaker 8: In a while got bigger, so I use it as exactly that. I was like, you know what, like, let's do something cute Madrid like and her cousin. So her cousin is a photographer, so that was the other thing.
Speaker 5: I was like, well, your cousin photographer, let's do it. And then she ended up perfect. Yeah, yeah, so everything.
Speaker 8: Ended up pretty much perfect, and a photographer that she actually you know what you.
Speaker 4: And we were going to cancel that too because it was like raining and you like, no one was making a big deal about it, so.
Speaker 8: I always like panicking inside, you know. She was like, maybe we should do it the other day.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, no, there are a lot of things, but it worked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like how did you hide the ring when you're flying over there?
Speaker 5: So I put it.
Speaker 8: I just put it in my backpack that I literally kept on me at all times. I was just like, I'm gonna yeah. I didn't want to put it anywhere else. I put in my backpack that was on the all times. And then yeah, because I was worried about that, I was like what if and we actually had I thank god I didn't put it in my check or my carry on because we actually had to check our carry ons before, so I have Yeah, I just have to.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I would have done, honestly, what.
Speaker 7: It all got it and then I think about it. I was like, oh, where's your charger. You're like, it's my I'll.
Speaker 2: Go get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was to reach my backpack.
Speaker 5: I was like, I'll get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, to close out here because I know we only have a few minutes with you.
Speaker 3: A couple of rapid fire questions. How is he? Just in general, how's he doing?
Speaker 8: He's the best, He's growing like crazy, learning.
Speaker 5: It's he's scooting now. He's mobile, so our life he's mobile now, so probably.
Speaker 4: He's eating really well, he says, Mama all the time.
Speaker 5: Dad yet, but we have.
Speaker 4: But it's fantastic. Yeah, get ready then, yeah you have.
Speaker 5: The second one asked, how's two? How's having too?
Speaker 2: It's not as bad as you. It's different. You love different. It's like I've described it on Instagram a couple of days ago, people said this is the perfect description. The actual parenting of two at the same time is not that difficult. It's kind of like the invisible load and just the fact that you like never have time to yourself. That's it's your own personal lifestyle. It's different, harror. Yeah, but it's easier.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel.
Speaker 3: That sounds awesome. I don't know. I love to have no time to myself yourself. So uh and final question for the two of you.
Speaker 6: You're gonna get asked from everybody, and we don't want to be cliche or generic. But now that you are engaged the future, the next step is a wedding.
Speaker 3: What are you guys thinking, Well.
Speaker 5: We've already got a date in a venue. We got it all kindness, she.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had the venue plan beforehand, you knew.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we literally had the whole thing plan already.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I pretty I was looking around one day because I had a friend that got married. I'm not I had a friend that got married in the in the area that I wanted, and I saw that she worked with this like company is planning this planner, and I was like, oh, let me just like see to see if this is something that can happen. And I you know, reached out with a couple of questions and then one thing like led to another and I was like, yep, this is it. So they are like, we still have to go next year, visit and visit it and do the trajectory of what our guests are going to experience to see if this is like, you know, feasible. But I mean I find it hard to believe that. Like I literally found it on a random like one day a.
Speaker 5: Month before I proposed. So it was all kind of like fell into place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so I'm just like, huh, so things happen like that.
Speaker 2: It's all meant to be.
Speaker 4: So I think we're good hopefully.
Speaker 2: If not, Oh, we're so happy for you guys. It's been so fun. Genuinely just like smiling watching you tell the story for the past half an hour.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: It's the best.
Speaker 6: Yeah, congratulations, just celebrate. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: And just to wrap, what are you doing for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 7: We're hosting.
Speaker 5: We're hosting a lot of.
Speaker 7: People at the first time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in my oven doesn't want to work, so I'm be that this turns out.
Speaker 5: Well, but give me cooking for the next three days.
Speaker 4: I'm hanging up and I'm gonna go like chocolate vegetables, start making bread and.
Speaker 6: Pies an incredible backyard.
Speaker 5: The next we're actually I think we're gonna do an engagement party in the backyard.
Speaker 6: So yeah, well, hey, this has been the Almost Famous podcast, absolutely just heartwarming episode Until next time, I've been Ben and the two of you are engaged.
Speaker 5: Let's go
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.