Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now along with the guys from Guillotine Leagues dot com, here's your.
Speaker 1: Host, Paul charge It's Fantasy Football Weekly, week number eight. Paul Chargey with you. My co host today are Matt Harrison and Scott Fish. Hey, guys, I like this. Did you survive the be Jean drought? Oh, the tummy illness? It was a headache, the headache, sorry, the headache, headache? Did you survive the headache?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And my Guillotine League, Actually.
Speaker 1: It was pretty It's oppressive that he was the most chopped player last week. Without a doubt.
Speaker 4: I would tell you if I survived if I had him in any roster.
Speaker 1: Fortunately, you're like, Okay, we get plenty of things wrong here, but this show identified successfully that Bijeon was going to get in this Arthur Smith quagmire of usage. Now, we didn't think he'd have a no carry game, but we talked about this thing being way more frustrating than we thought, and that Bijeon with a first round EIGHTYP.
Speaker 4: I love how arrogant and condescending Arthur Smith is about having four wins against teams that have a combined eight wins.
Speaker 1: Total exactly, and then he's you know, then he took a shot at fantasy players.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's game on against Arthur Smith, as if it wasn't before. Lots to get to in this show. We will take a chance on nine players. We'll answer three tough questions. We'll give you three players upon whom you can speculate, including a player that is so universally desired that Scott Fish and I had the leg wrestle for the rights to tell you who to pick up.
Speaker 3: It was awkward that you guys took your pants off first.
Speaker 4: We did take our pets off. We watched film of him and our pants flew off.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly. Really weird Becausecott doesn't wear.
Speaker 3: It was it was strange to walk in.
Speaker 1: On Rams take on the Cowboys. Let's start by breaking down that matchup Scott Fish for uh, this is obviously a great Cowboy defense, particularly against the pass. Matthew Stafford, Cooper Cup.
Speaker 4: Right, what do you think those are all players for the Rams?
Speaker 1: Yes, I've listed.
Speaker 4: For the Rams. No one's benching Cup or Pooka. Even in a dud, Cup still had seven targets, and seven is his lowest target day for the year for both Cup and Pooka. Actually, dallas top three rank is mostly due to only allowing three touchdowns to wide receivers, but two of those were to eight plus target guys. That's what Cup and Pooka routinely do. That's right, eighty three in a score, eighty five in a score for those two guys. Uh Pooka and Cup Pooka will likely get the tougher dB draw. Maybe Stephan Gilmour there, but you aren't benching either to two scored last week. He's on the bench though not enough volume since Cup came back. Yeah, same for Higbee. He hasn't top twenty yards since Cup came back. A's on Cupp and Pooke if he didn't get that now. Stafford has the tough draw on paper, but Dallas's DF really feasted on Danny Jones, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Josh Dobbs. The last two games they played, Party had two fifty two and four scores. Herbert had two hundred and forty seven and two scores. Stafford's a little closer to them, and he's top four in pass attempts and yards. Touchdowns are eventually gonna come. That's just the bugaboo so far. B grade on Matthew Stafford in a pretty tough matchup though. Over to the run game, Henderson took on the bellcow roll last week off the couch.
Speaker 1: I thought he looked pretty sprung.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all a CJ. Anderson a few years ago, remember.
Speaker 1: The end of the season, and I was such a skeptic. I'm like, yeah, no way, he's not kidding.
Speaker 4: He knows the offense. I guess right, fifty eight percent of snaps to forty two percent for Freeman, and Henderson took the targets, he took the goal line work. The money should be on Henderson, but you never know what this team. Maybe Zach Evans gets involved this time. You never models Gaskin is still on the team. Apparently my bet would be on Henderson, but I actually have them both on the bench. Against this Cowboys defense that haven't allowed a back over sixty three yards and the two times and the two times it happened, I'm sorry, the Cowboys haven't allowed to back over sixty three yards to any back with less than double digit touches. Touches, yeah, gotcha. They even held Eckler to sixty two yards last week. The Boys are touchdown favorites, so I guess the Rams are going to be passing a lot late instead of running. So I got them both on the bench. I don't trust him this week. Over to the Dallas side, the Rams kind of a weird d for opposing quarterbacks. They've only allowed four passing touchdowns, which but they're ranked the twelfth easiest Why bottom three in attempts, yards and scores on the ground to quarterbacks. That's where they let it up. In the passing game. It's two hundred and twenty yards in a score of posing passers deak Ken run. He had seven for forty seven in a score just last week. I'm only gonna give him a see though it's a little tougher drop passing. You need some of that rushing yards. Ceedee, Lamb isn't going to be on your bench averaging six for eighty weekly. The Rams only have allowed one wide receiver touchdown way back in Week one, but Lamb plays sixty eight percent in the slot. That's where he's gonna get Kobe Durant, whom Lamb has a three inch thirty pounds size advantage on. I'm giving an A grade to Ceedee Lamb in this one on one other mass matchup in the past game, it's a juicy spot for Jake Ferguson. Second best matchup for tight ends by DVOA. Three of the last four tight ends have scored. I'm giving a C grade to Ferguson here. His yards really haven't been there, but RAMS have allowed the fifth most yards to tight ends, so it might happen this week. Over to the run game last part here, rams have only allowed one back over seventy rushing yards, but two hit seventy on the dot. All three of those backs needed seventeen touches to get there. That said, the Rams are bottoms six and receptions given allowed to running backs receiving yards, receiving Fantasy points. Pollard gets involved in the passing game, he gets twenty plus touches. The New England and San Francisco matchups were tougher and that's where he faltered. But Theada he went right back to the one hundred and ten total yards last week. I got a B grade on Tony Pollard.
Speaker 1: Pollard's had a quietly disappointing year.
Speaker 4: It's really he's been He's been one hundred and or a score in four of six. It's just really those he's not having that boom boom game. It's just slightly over one hundred.
Speaker 1: For four of them a touchdown since week one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: That's a huge problem.
Speaker 4: And two of the last three weeks were those two tough matchups.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you know his rushing yards the last three weeks Tony Pollard forty seven, twenty nine and thirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's the password.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it needs he needs the passwork, which you know sometimes.
Speaker 4: A good matchup here for it. That's the point, all right, Matt.
Speaker 1: We mentioned the Falcons, and I probably should have just started this whole thing. So, yeah, talking about or Smith anyway, So let's go to the Falcon here in theory Bejon Robinson's headache will have cleared by the time they face the Titans. But this is a very good run defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 5: But as a whole I wanted to talk about the Falcons offense. Overall, they've topped sixteen points only once in the last five weeks. Wow, most of that's due to Desmond Mitter. He's like a young NFC version of current Russell Wilson. He doesn't pass the eye test, but he's still putting up decent fantasy days. It's mostly due to his three rushing touchdowns this season, including two in the last three weeks, but through seven full games he has six touchdown passes and six picks and yardage numbers that very wildly. The Titans defense shockingly competent against the pass this year, allowing the fourth fewest touchdown passes only six on the season in the fifth fewest total passing attempts per game. With all that info, Ritters on the bench, I will start Drake London with him B grade, though mostly because he'll line up against Christian Fulton for about half his snaps. Fulton is allowing a one to thirty three passer rating in his coverage and sixteen point five four yards per reception. If you're like Brian Johnson and you say Kyle Pitts is a slot receiver, the matchup could be a bit juicy for him from the slot. Titan slot corner Roger McCreery miss Thursday's practice with a hamstring injury, which could mean charge's favorite kindallvilldor may flex into the slot.
Speaker 1: Jihnon realized he was.
Speaker 4: In the league.
Speaker 1: Still still right, what's what's the book on kild killed?
Speaker 4: Or it's just a you've just pushed it together?
Speaker 1: Did dog?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 1: I stepped on my own punchline when I do that.
Speaker 5: It's just a C grade for Pitts though, And I'm not starting John OU Smith because the Titans are top ten receptions yards allowed to the tight end and they have not allowed a tight end score on this.
Speaker 1: Why would you give the worse of the two. Why would you give John oh Smith the bench grade and Pits the C grade when John O. Smith is outscored Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 5: Oh Because, according to Brian, Kyle Pitts is a slot wide receiver and the slot matchups a little bit better than the tight end matchup in this one, though, it is worth noting the John O.
Speaker 3: Smith revenge game here.
Speaker 1: So it is a Johona Smith revenge game here it is, And I'll mention this Brian's not here. We get enough of Brian when he is here, That's true. We don't need more Brian when he's not.
Speaker 5: Less Brian, less Brian. How about a different Bee guy. Bijon Robinson was almost absent from last week's game with what was later described as a headache. He had one carry, Tyler Algier ended up with twenty four touches, and court Errol Patterson had ten rushing attempts. Tennessee has only allowed one runner to top sixty seven yards this year, and they've only allowed four total running back touchdowns through six games. It's just a C grade for Bijon, but I expect him to take over the workload again. On the Titan side, will Levis looks like he's going to get his first start ever for an injured Ryan Tannehill, but Mike Vrabel also said that Malik Willis will get some snaps too, So it's a rare and dreaded quarterback by committee. You certainly can't start either of them. The running backs by committee there are Derrick Henry and ty j Spears. Henry are getting very similar snap counts this season, but Henry's getting the ball a lot more than Spears and Spears is seeing a lot more work in the passing downs. Atlanta has been one of the best running back defenses in the league. They have yet to allow a rushing scorer to an opposing back and are only allowing one hundred and one combo yards per game.
Speaker 3: That's tenth best in the league.
Speaker 5: They've also allowed the fifth fewest receptions to opposing backs at only three per game. So with that baked in, Spears is on the bench. Henry clocks in with Justice C Grade. Lastly, DeAndre Hopkins is the only Titans receiver you'd consider. I'll leave him on the bench too. He hasn't scored this year. He's only topped sixty five yards once. And Atlanta's combo of Jeff Okuda and aj Terrell have done a great job shutting down opposing wide receivers. They've allowed the ninth fewest receptions in eighth fewest yurs to opposing wide receivers. Plus your reliant on two backup quarterbacks throwing DeAndre Hopkins the ball, He's definitely on the bench.
Speaker 1: Vikings take on the Packers. This could be a big letdown game for Minnesota, coming off in emotional upset win on Monday Night football, in a short week on the road against a divisional rival in a must win game, coming off a humiliating loss. How's that like? That's like seven variables and tangibles that I'll could tilt towards the Packers. Let's start on the Viking side, TJ. Hawkinson. I think We've got to a point with t J. Howkins where I can just go obvious a great and move on, especially because they're no bye week games this week, so we're trying to go quickly through these. Let's go to the other receivers. Jordan Addison obviously red hot, with four touchdowns in the past three games and scores in five of seven to start his NFL career. Green Bay allows the third fewest receptions and the fifth fewest yards per game to opposing wide receivers, but this is a banged up secondary. We'll get to that more in a second. Green Bay also allows the shortest a dot in the league at just six yards per pass and the fifth fewest air yards per game, and a lot of what Jordan Addison does is feast on the long ball. If they're able to take that away, it could Steiny Addison here. We'll want to watch the status of Jaiir Alexander, the cornerback for the Packers. He's been battling a back injury he's been in and out of practices. If he can't go, we'll elevate Jordan Addison to an A. But right now, I've got a B grade on Jordan Addison. Everybody else I've got a bench grade on, including kJ Osborne, who's only seen a slight uptick in usage since Justin Jefferson's injury. In three games, he's averaging just five catches forty eight scoreless yards. That's just not a lot to love here. This is an above average secondary head coach. Kevin O'Connell just doesn't seem to script the big plays to kJ Osborne. I think he's only startable and easy matchups, and this is not one of them. So I've got him on the bench. The running game for the Vikings is really interesting. Right now, you can't I don't believe you can start Alexander Madison. There's a very possible transition happening at running back, and at a minimum, Madison has an extremely short leash. In the second half of the Monday night game, Madison only touched the ball three times. Seem to get phased out of this offense. He's struggled all year. He has no rushing touchdowns. Get this from Madison thirteen red zone carries ten yards no touchdowns.
Speaker 5: Wow for Alexander match. Just in the red zone too. There's a lot of yards you can pick up in the red zone.
Speaker 1: Still, yes you can, and touchdowns in theory to be scored. Madison has struggled, and so I'm just I'm taking a hands off approach here because I'm worried that cam Akers is going to get a lot of that work and I don't think you can start either one of those. Let's go to the Green Bay side. Aaron Jones was removed from the injury port on Friday. That's great news. The rest of it's probably bad news. But man, do they need Aaron Jones in this offense. So let's talk it through. Packers' offensive line ranks twenty fifth and run blocking by Pro Football Focus. They ranked twenty ninth in run block win rate by ESPN. Now, Jones is way better than AJ Dillon and their whole season's basically on the line in this game. So I think the I think we're finally going to get a massive uptick in usage because they're desperate. They've got to get Jones back and playing. They need him here. I can't back it up with I can't back it up with any stats. This is really just a hunch that I think they've got to go to Jones. But with this offense struggling and Jordan Love being so inconsistent, they need a big game from Aaron Jones. He faces a very improved Vikings run defense non DeAndre Swift. Runners are averaging three yards per carry and a third of a rushing touchdown per game. All right, let's go to the passing game. I still like Romeo Dobbs. He has posted solid fantasy outings in four of six games, and he's the only reliable Packers receiver, leading the team in every receiving category. He runs from the outside. He's got favorable matchups against the Caleb Evans and Byron Murphy. Murphy especially, who's allowed a league worst for receiving touchdowns, including one on Monday Night, and a gaudy opposing passer rating of one hundred and twenty five in his coverage B grade. For Romeo Dobbs, let's go to Christian Watson, who clocks into the C grade. Minnesota's of the second most receptions per game to opposing wide receivers, and that's what you need from Watson. We need more catches because he hasn't been a volume guy, but maybe it comes together here. He's got five or more passes just twice in seventeen career games, but he's got the third highest A DOT of any wide receiver at sixteen and a half in Minnesota, allowing the third lowest day dot at six and a half Minnesota Blitz con Blitz is constantly Maybe Watson gets a broken coverage opportunity on C grade for Christian Watson. Luke Musgrave is not expected to play in this game. That leaves us with a C grade on Jordan Love, who's been very inconsistent, and the Vikings defense rounding and to form under new defensive coordinator Brian Flores. The last four opposing quarterbacks against Minnesota, they've averaged just two hundred and twenty five yards and zero point eight touchdowns. Love seems to be unraveling seven picks in his last four games. He started the season with a deep A dot. He was throwing deep down field, but Matt Lafleur systematically shortened his passes to try to build some confidence in his struggling passer. But that shortened day out hurts fantasy We're here for the big players. We're here for the rushing that keeps them a viable fantasy starter, or the rushing I mean maybe and get a little something done on the ground if I can's seen a lot of rushing quarterbacks who mostly haven't done very well outside of tush pushes. Jordan Love just a C grade. When we come back, nine players upon whom you can take a chance a segment we call take a chance on me. Find out who you can pick up off of the waiver wire, and start this week at Fantasy Football Weekly.
Speaker 3: We're here for your singing chargers on me.
Speaker 1: This is nine players not normally in your starting lineup. Will begin at the quarterback position and Matt Harrison.
Speaker 5: Kenny Pickett was the preseason Darling after posting a near perfect passer rating in three exhibition games, then coming out of the gate, he played San Francisco and Cleveland. He got hurt and had to leave the Houston game return to play the Ravens. Hasn't faced a bottom half of the league pass defense, yet every one of his opponents has been in the top half. Enter the Jaguars, who just allowed Josh Allen Gardner, Minshew and Derek Carr to each throw for three hundred yards against them in the last three weeks. In fact, the only quarterback the Jags were able to hold under twenty standard Fantasy points was Desmond Mitter.
Speaker 3: Wow, I love that angle, Kenny Pickett, let's go.
Speaker 1: I love it. Actually, that's fantastic. I just sort of Kenny Pickett's just so off radar. Yeah, I love it. Who's your take a chance with me? Quarterbacks?
Speaker 4: Scott, I'm gonna go with Derek Carr. This week, Five of seven quarter to face the Colts hit three hundred yards and or multiple scores, except Ryan Tannehill and PJ. Walker, which is kind of understandable. Carl himself has done that in three straight games. Two of those defense were far far better than the bottom ten ranked against fantasy quarterbacks and bottom ten in Dvoa Indianapolis Colts.
Speaker 2: C J.
Speaker 1: Stroud goes up against Carolina, He's might take a chance on me quarterback? Multiple touchdowns in four different games this year and a top twelve quarterback in four different games this year, And amazingly for a rookie.
Speaker 5: You're teetering on Stroud not being a take a chance on me quarterback anymore.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: This is your last one.
Speaker 4: In my homigue, is my every week starter.
Speaker 1: Get that here at we're heading into the We're heading into the midway point of the season. C J. Stroud's thrown one interception as a rookie. And this despite as I often mentioned in the show, eight offensive linemen going on ir and yet here we.
Speaker 4: Are with mister Tank Dell for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: And missing Tank Dell. Great budding chemistry with Tank Dell and Nico Collins. I love it offensive line coming out of this week's by healthier and that includes key guys. Laramie Tunzel's been playing hurt, Titus Howard's been playing hurt. Their back Carolina ranks twenty fourth in coverage. They've allowed multiple passing touchdowns in three straight games.
Speaker 4: C J. Stroud.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the running back position, Matt.
Speaker 5: I'm staying in Pittsburgh, and we brought this up last week that Jalen Warren had outscored Naj Harris in every game so far the season. Well, the Steelers must have listened to the show, because Harris finally won a week.
Speaker 1: Well, he scored a touchdown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right now, it's like a fifty five to forty five split in snap counts in favor of Nase, and almost the similar spread and opportunities when you add the rush attempts and targets, Nase leads fourteen to eleven on opportunities. What is different is Warren is seeing over four targets per game out of the backfield and naj hasn't seen four targets in a game this season. The Jaguars on paper look like a middle of the pack running back defense, but they have one big hole, and that's pass catching backs. The Jags have allowed the most receptions in the fourth most receiving yards to opposing runners. At worst, Jalen Warren will outscore Najie Harris this week.
Speaker 1: Again, Scott, your take a chance on me running back.
Speaker 4: I'm going over to Houston for Devin Singletary. Oh yes, in the final week before the before the bye, motor led and snaps motor Signaltary. That is uh, that is nickname I never knew. Oh yeah, it's been his nickname since Florida Atlantic. You know large, Yeah, motor Motor Singletary.
Speaker 1: Is it because he likes to motor boat?
Speaker 4: No, he's got a boat. Ob Oh is that why yeah, oh uh you sure, yes, Okay. Anyway, this is a Panthers team that is second worst against runners, allowing one hundred.
Speaker 1: And six to do some yachting or some you know, like maybe likes to go see.
Speaker 4: I don't know his personal life that well.
Speaker 3: I just it's Florida Atlantic.
Speaker 1: Right, Florida Atlantic where there's a lot of boats. Yeah, and you put motors on the boats.
Speaker 4: Yes, you guys. You guys are fun. The Panthers have also allowed thirteen running back touchdowns in seven games. If it wasn't for that daying Miami three hundred yard eight touchdown game, they would be the worst run defense in the NFL. I think there's gonna be enough work for both him, Devin Signaltary and Damian Pierce in this weeld.
Speaker 1: Why do you list Damian Pierce last? Why would you? Because that's my take a chance on me runner, Because at this point, Damian Pierce isn't.
Speaker 4: Just just to take a chance on me. Guy, I didn't list him last. I listened to him with both runners. I think both Houston runners are great this week.
Speaker 1: I look, Singletary got a lot of work before the bye week, but this is still Damian Pierce's job. And by the way, this week he came out and said, this is it's all turning around now out of the bye, the healthy offensive line, blah blah blah. I'm using Damian Pierce for all the reasons you've said. In a very good matchup, let's go to the receivers and Matt Harrison.
Speaker 3: I'm sticking in Pittsburgh again.
Speaker 5: I already told you I like Kenny Pickett against the Jags, and I like Alan Robinson as well. Robinson runs out of the slot on seventy one percent of his routes, which means he'll line up against Jacksonville slot corner Trey Herndon.
Speaker 3: In slot coverage.
Speaker 5: Herndon has allowed the second most yards in the league and the most yards after catch and two scores in the slot and a passer rating of one twenty eight. By the way, Deontay Johnson might not play again this week either. And the last game where Johnson was out, Alan Robinson was targeted nine times.
Speaker 1: Don't say nine times.
Speaker 5: As Blink Win eighty two says, one more time for Alan Robinson.
Speaker 1: I think what you're forgetting here in the whole Alan Robinson breakdown is he sucks.
Speaker 4: Oh that that is an important key.
Speaker 1: Wow, Scott to remember you take a chance on me receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna stay in the slot. I guess if we're gonna do, stay in the stay in the things. Uh, stay in the slot with Josh Downs wide receiver Indianapolis Colts five plus catches in three straight, scored in back to back. Had a huge game last week. Part of it was a free play, broken play, but that's that's okay. Outside of that, he's still had a good game too. The scenes have allowed the fewest fantasy points to perimeter receivers. They have allowed the second most fantasy points to the slot, where Josh Downs lives. He plays eighty three percent of the snaps there. It's a good matchup for him. They'll be able to take out the end.
Speaker 1: Last Thursday night, the Jaguars went to their slot receiver Kristen Kirk over and over and over again against the Saints. Because the Saints outside corners are great, they're slot corner suck. So that's what I do. I am unearthing the undead corpse of Odell Beckham Junie. Oh boy, yes he's still playing Cardinals. Yes he does now He's spent most of the season hobbled by injury. He's off the injury port, he's healthy, he's productive, and the Ravens are throwing the ball again. He's coming off a game with season highs and targets, receptions and yards and just I test, you know, because he's so old, so many injuries, when I expect to see Odell Beckham hobbling around the field, but he actually looks spry. Great matchup this week against Arizona, maybe the worst set of starting cornerbacks in the league, and Odell Beckham's gonna run against literally the worst cornerback in the league, Marco Wilson, who has allowed the most receptions and the most yards of any player in the NFL.
Speaker 3: More like Marco Polo. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I like where you're going with that. Yeah, Odell Beckham, you take a chance on me.
Speaker 3: Player.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the matchups, Saints taking on the Colts Scott what do you think of Well, let's start with Alvin Kamara, who's gonna PPR gem yes so far this season.
Speaker 4: And that's the good PPR and just his touch totals twenty four five, twenty six twenty nine touches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is even with all the other running backs back healthy. Yeah, he stayed. He's kept this work role.
Speaker 4: I don't blame them because Jamal Williams, who is on the bench in his three games, thirty two carries for eighty eight yards. That's two point seventy five yards per carry.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 4: He needs the seventeen Lions touchdowns. That's what he needs to be to work in this offense. A weird thing about Kamara, though, outside the top thirty five and explosive run rate, miss tackles per attempt, yards after contact per attempt, he's actually not the explosive Kamara that he normally is. He's just getting a lot of volume and a lot of PPR work. But I do have an A grade on him here. Colts have allowed ten scores to running backs. That's third most, fourth easiest matchup against running backs. A grade over there, that's that's fine. On the passing side, Derek Carr was might take a chance on me quarterbacks, So I'm gonna naturally, I'm gonna have a few starting grades here. The Saints team isn't when you can really peg down a matchup to exploit a CB matchup to exploit because Chris Lave and Michael Thomas and Rashid Shaheed all play thirty percent slot and none of them play fifty over fifty percent in any location. They just all move around all the time and confuse you. Chris Alave had a couple of dud games when Card had those tough matchups, tough defensive matchups. The other five games he had ten plus targets in all six take catches and all average ninety yards wide receiver ons versus the Colts are averaging seven for one oh one on nine targets. That's a lovey's job. I got an a form here, Michael Thomas. Picture of consistency this year kind of He's been between forty and sixty five yards every game, four to five catches every game. So if he doesn't score a touchdown, he's getting a C grade. That's about what he is.
Speaker 1: For guillotine use will just take those nine or ten points and just thrive.
Speaker 4: For any other league, it's rough and a week with no buys, yeah, I can see you benching him. I'm giving him a C grade because he's probably a lock for ten twelve points. What about Rashi Rashichi. He has not top thirty five yards in the last five weeks.
Speaker 1: Just lost.
Speaker 4: He did have seven targets last week, but car threw a fifty five times, so there was targets to go around over. You know, for the tight ends, Hill is going to be on the bench, he's questionable with a chest injury, and Jawan Johnson's going to be back over on the other side, Josh Downs was going to take a chance on me wide receiver. I also have a B grade on Michael Pittman. I know it's it's rough around the perimeter, but Michael Pittman also plays twenty nine percent slot. He can exploit that matchup a little. He'll get a little bit of his moving around to avoid matchups. Double digit Fantasy points of in six of seven games for him. He'll get his Gardner Minshew. I think he'll probably just get enough to get a C grade. He torched Cleveland's number one ranked past d last week for three hundred and five yards and two scores two more on the ground. He also had three hundred plus and a score of the week before. Part of the deal is he spent two years in Shane Steichen's system, in Philly. Stike in system in Philly before he came to Indy, so he's made good work of it. Stroud Love Mayfield even had decent days against the Saints, so I'm gound give him a C grade. That turnover where the rate of his is ridiculous, though I believe it's worse than the league, so that might bite him. But over to the run games, Jack Moss is questionable on the other side of doubtful. He missed practice too out of the last three days of the week, misspractice on Friday. So I'm gonna give the B grade to Jonathan Taylor here he was already turning the corner. But Saint's fourth rank Rundy.
Speaker 1: That worries me a bit.
Speaker 4: The best game of any runner is sixty three rushing yards and that took Derrick Henry fifteen carries to get there. They're only allowing three point five yards per carry.
Speaker 1: I think most of that Henry came on one run too.
Speaker 4: By the way, Yeah, it's it's it's not a good spot, but Colts aren't afraid to run it though they ran thirty six times against Cleveland last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jonathan Taylor got forty five yards through the air each of the last two games. He's gonna get some there. The workload's going to be large enough to volume see at best, but given how talent it is, I'm gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: I like it, Matt. We need to zip through Patriots a Dolphins, and I think we can do it here because are many Patriots to like and most of the Dolphins are, like, you know, pretty obvious plays. I think let's start in the Patriots with Ramandre Stevenson, who's had a lot of struggles trying to run the ball, but he's been helping us through the ARA bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's clocking in at the third worst back in the.
Speaker 5: League at rush yards over expectation right now, and that inefficiency is likely what is giving him eight ten to nine rushing attempts in the last three weeks.
Speaker 3: That just won't get it done.
Speaker 5: Zeke Elliot's getting about the same amount of work on about half as many snaps. The Dolphins are a mill the pack run defense. Most notably, they're almost giving up one running back rushing touchdown per game, and with three of the last four inside the five rushing attempts going to Zeke. I'm giving Zeke a C grade. Remandre just scrapes by with a C grade, but he's closer to a bench grade than Zeke is. The passing game is a mass even after a good performance against Buffalo the last week. Mac Jones had his first touchdown pass since Week three in last week's game in top two hundred one yards for only the third time in seven games. That's not a very high number, by the way, and Kendrick Bourne seems to have emerged as a top wide receiver on the which is nice to see. But the Dolphins may get back Xavian Howard and Jalen Ramsey was kind of rumored one way or the other in following true Halloween fashion, mac Jones is about to turn back into a pumpkin and the whole passing game is on the bench. On the other side, Tyreek Hill a grade, was limited in practice this week, but sounds like he'll be good to go. He's off the injury report, so is Jalen Waddle. He's seen seven red zone targets and five targets from inside the five in just the last three weeks. In the Week two meeting, by the way, Waddle had four catches for eighty six yards. He's a very solid B grade teetering on an a. Braxton Barrios Cedric Wilson each seeing more snaps right now, but neither are getting enough targets to warrant to start as of now. Tua gets an A grade for most of the reasons.
Speaker 3: I like his receivers, Plus, the.
Speaker 5: Dolphins have the highest implied total for the week at twenty eight points. And finally, there's Raheem Mostert, who has a must start right now, currently running back two in most fantasy formats. He's had eleven touchdowns this year. That's the same amount as Christian McCaffrey. In the first meeting, he had one hundred and twenty seven total yards and two scores on nineteen touches. The pats are bottom ten and running back touches, receiving yards and combo touchdowns allowed to the position. So, like I say, most start, most must start, it's an A grade for him.
Speaker 1: When we come back, Eagles taking on the Commanders Commanders defense. Oh, are there?
Speaker 3: How do you really feel?
Speaker 1: Are there any Eagles you wouldn't start in this game? We'll talk about that and there might be. There are some Commanders you would not think about starting. You could play as well. We'll talk about a sneaky matchup for Washington. When we returned the Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. New Guilloteinen Leagues forming every day at Guillotine leagues dot com. Eagles take on the Commanders and A grades all around here pretty much, including Eybody, Jalen Hurts, AJ Brown, Dallas Goddard, and DeAndre Swift, all A grades. Washington ranks twenty ninth in points allowed, twenty ninth in yards allowed. This is a team, this is a defense that is needless to say, very bad. Let me just emphasize Goddard for a second. A clear A against the defense that's allowed four tight end scores in the last three weeks alone, and Goddard scored in both matchups with Washington last year. DeVonta Smith's the only Eagle that doesn't get an A grade that you care about. He comes in with a B grade here. He's been very quiet since Week two, but he did well in the Week four matchup. Seven catches, seventy three yards, and you get the feeling A. J. Brown's had so much work lately. I think they're going to want to just distribute the ball and get DeVonta Smith back on track.
Speaker 4: I was seeing a thing last week that, even dating back to last year, Goddard and DeVonta Smith are the ones that flip flop those each other. And Goddard's been decent for the last four or five weeks.
Speaker 1: Well he has. Washington's allowed the fifth most yards and second most touchdowns per game to opposing receivers, so potentially Brown and DeVonta Smith can have fed here. Washington also allows the third highest A dots, so we could get some deep balls for DeVonta Smith on the Washington side. You're there's actually some guys just I like this passing attack this week. Let's start with a little bit of Sammy Howell.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, he just took another sack.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: He might literally sounded like the pain of Sam Howell. That is tricketting sacked and over exactly.
Speaker 1: He's on pace for ninety seven sacks this year, that which would shatter the league record. The Eagles rank sixth best in pass rush win rate, fifth best in pass rush by Pro Football Focus. So why do I still have optimism for Howell? Because teams can't and don't even try to run the ball against the Eagles, So opposing quarterbacks finding their way to really buy in large good games against Philadelphia, including Sam Howell a month ago when you put up two hundred ninety yards in a score. So we're gonna give a B grade to Sam Howell. Here B grade to Terry McLaurin, who posted a strong game against Philly in Week four. Karry, but their secondary was more banged up then. They're healthier now excepting the slot. We'll talk about that in the second. McLaurin has posted at least six receptions and eighty yards on at least nine targets in three straight against Philadelphia, and the Eagles give up the fourth most receptions and second most touchdowns per game to opposing wideouts, which also brings us to Curtis Samuel, who comes in with a B grade because the slot quarterbacks, Avonte Maddox and Bradley Roby, their number one and number two slot cornerbacks are both out, and that means deep backup Josiah Scott is gonna man the sight of his name, though he has only seen time in one game this year. That was last week, and he allowed one of the passes to be completed on him. And get this about Josiah Scott. Last year, when he got more run he graded out as the second worst cornerback in the league by Pro Football Focus. Curtis Samuel B grade. Logan Thomas gets a C grade. He put up three catches for forty one yards in the earlier meeting. This year, Eagles are smack dab in the middle of tight end defensive rankings. I'll note though, he did nothing in this matchup last year with Philadelphia, so a lot of B grades in there for those guys. Here's who you can't start, Brian Robinson. Washington runs at the second lowest rate and Robinson doesn't catch many passes, so there's just low volume all around. And the Eagles are obviously great. Philadelphia's got the second best run defense by Pro Football Focus. They have not allowed a single back to reach even fifty four yards against them, and they're holding opposing back to the fewest yards per game. It's all bad for Brian Robinson and there's going to be more on this evolving situation later. The show teas in a battle of New Jersey teams. It's the Jets versus the Giants.
Speaker 3: Scott.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I only have two startable grades on the New York Jets. I don't think you're starting in a week with no buys. You're not starting Zach Wilson, who balled out against the Chiefs. Be He's been under two hundred yards every other game. The only Jets receiver you're starting.
Speaker 1: Is Garrett Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Garrett Wilson. Jets receivers not named Garrett Wilson had five total catches in the last two weeks combined.
Speaker 1: Guessed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's averaging five for sixty one in a score and five for sixty one and a score every three games. He's going up against the d allowing six for ninety five and a score every other game to wide receiver ones. It's a fine spot. He's better against man coverage than zone coverage, and only three teams play man more than the Giants. I got a B grade on him. I got an A grade for Breest Hall, who crushed since being unleashed seventy percent of the run game work two hundred and eighty seven yards in the least two games alone, catching three to five patch passes in each leads the NFL in yards over expectation per attempt, so when he gets the ball, he's going farther than people think he's gonna go. The Giants d is allowing the fifth highest explosive run rate, which is why I bring that up because that's something briefs Haw has been doing this year. Lead Backs are averaging sixteen for eighty nine and a score against the Giants, and that includes Brian Robinson's eight for twenty three in a score last week. Yeah, so without it, it's like seventeen for one hundred plus in a score. They're allowing over on the other side, only a couple starting grades as well. If there are more teams on buy, maybe you'd consider Tarad Taylor, who gets a Jets defense that's tough against the pass, but they allow a ton of rushing yards to go to Backs just the second most QB rush yards forced, fourth most QB rush attempts. But he's probably on your bench with no buys out there this week. On the wise, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, Taylor could be started games for like a month.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he might mean it.
Speaker 1: This thing could be. This could be a long term situation for Daniel Jones.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I don't want to count on the run rushing of a quarterback, though to give him a style, it's not a good spot for m Darren Waller. I am given an A grade too, though he's averaging about seven catches on eight targets for seventy six yards over the last three games. He's facing a Jets D that allows the most touchdowns to tight ends. Five different tight ends have scored on them. If you're worried about shadowing, Sauce doesn't really shadow and Sauce.
Speaker 1: And DJ he plays one side and DJ, yeah.
Speaker 4: DJ Reid, they don't. They don't go inside ever. Read ninety five percent right, five percent left, Sauce ninety percent left, ten percent right. That's just where they stick. Waller has only one touchdown, but he s he's twenty nine percent of the end zone target.
Speaker 1: Target, which is great.
Speaker 4: That's got to regress at some point. No, it does, so you don't think.
Speaker 1: So well, I just don't want it to.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, No.
Speaker 4: The fact that he's only scored one touchdown, that part, you're right, that part just yes.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Saquon Barkley also in a grade. Since returning, he's handled twenty eight touches. Twenty four touches. Pacheco and Pollard both had twenty three plus touches and they destroyed the Jets. It's the eleventh eleventh worst matchup for or eleventh best matchup for backs. Just a ton of receiving work they allowed. I got a B grade on Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 1: Jaguars take on the Steelers. Matt Traves. Etn has been fantastic. This is the angle I got most wrong in the preseason, and I absolutely accept that fact, and I've eaten that l many times on the show. I'm gonna do it again right now. The Jags pass attack, though, has been really, really weird and sometimes into Cipher Verry weird. Talk to me about the passing game for the Jags.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna get Etn out of the way. He's an A grade. The Steelers are allowing four point six yards per carry, so that one's easy. Christian Kirk and Calvin Ridley both get bees in this one. Kirk gets the advantage of running from the slot against Chandon Sullivan. Sullivan is one of the lowest rated slot corners in the league by Pro Football Focus. Then the other corners, Joey Porter Junior questionable with a calf injury, he's trending doubtful, leaving Patrick Peterson and Levi Wallace to man the outside. Both of them on the injury report as well, and both of them have given up four touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Already this year.
Speaker 5: So if you need a way deep dart throw, Zay Jones looks like he's gonna miss this week. Jamal Agnew for a D grade dart throw in this one should be on the field a ton, and he's a desperation guy if you need a score. Evan Ingram quietly getting seven or eight targets every week and quietly averaging six catches in about fifty yards per game. But it's quiet because he hasn't scored yet this season. Pittsburgh only allowing three catches and thirty one yards per game to opposing tight ends. So it's just a volume C grade for Evan Ingram. I wanted to give Trevor Lawrence a C two, but I like his receivers in the corner matchups enough that I'm bumping it to a B. He's been super disappointing this year, only one three hundred yard game and only two games with multiple touchdown passes. He has chipped in on the ground averaging thirty yards per game. The Steelers have faced two mobile quarterbacks in Lamar Jackson, who had forty five yards and QB Brown's who only managed twenty two, So I think there's a chance that Lawrence can get loose for a nice couple of runs in this one too. On the Steelers side, Kenny Pickett was might take a chance on me quarterback. The wide receivers, Deontay Johnson did come back last week, but hasn't practiced yet this week with that same hand hamstring injury. If he does go, I'll give him a C grade. George Pickens gets a B grade. He'll line up most often against Monteric Brown or Darius Williams. Brown is allowing one hundred and nineteen passer rating this coverage, and Williams has allowed four hundred eleven yards so far in his coverage that's fourth most in the league. Plus, the Jags are allowing over a touchdown per game to the wide receiver position. That was also why I liked Alan Robinson as might take a chance on me wide receiver. The tight end situation is dire. Connor Hayward out snapping Darnel Washington.
Speaker 3: You're not starting either.
Speaker 1: Washington the big Oh. We'd have a be a due something here, and it's it's nothing.
Speaker 5: Connor Hayward getting more targets and receptions than Darnel Washington right now.
Speaker 3: Lastly, I mentioned a lot of running back stats.
Speaker 4: What I told you that called Darnagh Washington the big Oh.
Speaker 1: That's what they called him at Georgia. Yeah, remember that, Lewis Seene told me that I would not have known otherwise.
Speaker 5: Okay, teammate, I told you a lot of stats when I mentioned Jalen Warren, who might take a chance on me runner. He gets a C grade in this one. But I'm gonna leave Naji Harris on the bench. The Jags are good against traditional running games, but bad against pass catching running backs. Jacksonville only allowing fifty nine rush yards per game to opposing backs, and they've only allowed two rushing scores on the season. It's not his matchup, it's the Jalen Warren matchup.
Speaker 4: Okay. So I don't think you can do that because he was called the big O because he wore zero zero.
Speaker 1: That's right, he wore hero That's why they still oh, not the big zero. Yeah, Well, why didn't he get numbers zero what Vanity points are a big zero.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is he's no longer number zero, So could you still call him?
Speaker 1: I don't know they called him at Georgia. Yeah, I hear what you're saying. Uh, We've got just a couple of moments before the end of this hour, Dalton kincaid, I you know, with Dawson Knox and I R this could be the official baton handoff all these next four games. Right, yeah, this could be it.
Speaker 4: And not only that, you notice the shift in the Bills offense. They ran a ton of eleven instead of twelve. Yeah, which is one title on the field and staff too.
Speaker 1: And by the way, and look at what happened to Shakir right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, next preseason, we're going to have to shut up about no rookie tight ends ever do anything, because Sam Laporta and Dalton can are.
Speaker 3: About to do it.
Speaker 1: That's true, that that part is true. We'll have to we'll have to. Now, well, the new the Georgia kid that's coming out be Rock Powers. Oh man, that's yeah, it's all over. It could be historic. It could be historic when we come back. Three tough questions. See if you can play along with our panel of experts go three and zero. Also new leagues forming a guarantee. In leagues dot com, you can get into a fresh, brand new Guillotine League eleven more weeks of gameplay left. You can start a brand new team. Who would you draft first? Maybe it's Travis Kelcey, Maybe it's Tyreek Hill, Maybe it's Jalen Hurts, Maybe it's Christian McCaffrey. Eyoteen leagues dot com. New leagues there and all my player rankings available for free. Three tough questions When we come back our number two Fantasy football weekly, Paul Charchie and Matt Harrison Scott Fish with you. You can follow us on Twitter. I'm at Paul Charchi and Matt is at Explosive Output, and Scott is at Scott Fish twenty four. This is a game we call three tough questions.
Speaker 3: Question number one, it's, oh.
Speaker 1: You know what I need right now?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: What is the appropriate lef A little concern for justin air Bear Herbert? Is it none? Is it some? Or is it a bowel loosening level of existential dread?
Speaker 4: Scott Okay, So like I feel like I know where this is coming from there's been a lot of talk about we we can't. We have to stop fully blaming Staley and throw a little on Herbert. That's fair, et cetera. He lost Mike Williams, maybe there's concern there, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. But he was drafted as QB six in most leagues. You go to Fantasy pros, it's average QB six six seven eight six six six. You know, it's it's a lot of sixes. Right now, he's QB eight, and the seven quarterbacks above him have not have not had their by He's QB four in points per game, so he is currently exceeding the ADP in which he was drafted. I'm not sure how you could be super concerned with him at that point when he's literally doing better than you expected when you drafted him. And maybe maybe it's just that your expectations were super high. I'm to blame for that too. I thought Kellen Moore came in, they drafted Quentin Johnston. It's it's gonna be a career year. He's healthy, Allan's healthy, Williams is healthy. Maybe it's the expectations we're thinking of, But for where we drafted him. I have no concern. I have n't been one league. He's been fine, not blowing me away, but also not tailing off Matt.
Speaker 1: What is the appropriate level of concern for Justin Herbert? None? Some are a bowel loosening level of existential dread.
Speaker 5: I agree with Scott, it's none for me. I'll add in just a couple of points. His last three weeks have been very under expectation, but the last three weeks where a bye week, Dallas and Kansas City, both of which are top eight against the quarterback position. He's thrown at least one score in every game. He's also run in three touchdowns this season, and he did not run in one last year with that rib injury. He's healthy. His per game passing yards are down a little bit, but his passing scores are up, so I have no concern.
Speaker 1: The last three weeks are the worst statistical three games stretch of his career, and I'm not including the buy in that obviously the last three games these are the three games thought Mike will Williams. By the way, maybe it's a coincidence, maybe it's not. His completion rate is dipped down to fifty seven percent. Who else is fifty seven percent? Well, basically nobody, because you're worse than Zach Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Jordan Love, and Kenny Pickett. Three game stretcher over that three game stretch, okay, three games. His first three games are excellent, and so when you look at the totality of his season, maybe he is quarterback for But these last three weeks have been bad. Last three weeks, two hundred and eighteen passing yards per game? Who's that? That puts you halfway between Mac Jones and Baker Mayfield. How about one point three passing touchdowns per game? Who who is that? That's Derek Carr, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Kenny Pickett. So the last three games he's played as some combination of DeShawn Jordan Jones, Mayfield, Car Pickett, Wilson. That's not good.
Speaker 4: He didn't tear touchdowns in one of those games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike Wilson isn't this all passing? Mike Wilson isn't coming back. Quentin Johnson hasn't shown any signs of life. And here's a big kicker. Rode Wires strength of schedule shows a brutal remaining schedule. Third hardest, including some imminent, very difficult matchups. After this week's game against Chicago and even this week's game against Chicago's will elucidate in a moment. Is not the cakewalk you think it is. His non throwing finger injury shouldn't be affecting him, but maybe it is. I don't know. He'll he'll be better than these last three games. But how can you watch him and think he looks like the guy that we saw before? You can't. It's weird right now, and you should have some concern.
Speaker 4: He's definitely more twenty three Herbert than he is twenty two, five thousand yards thirty five touchdown Herbert.
Speaker 1: Correct answer is some tough question. Number two, This might be the last time to buy Kyler Murray on the cheap, as he's likely I could start by as soon as next week. Are you making a move or are you just glad you don't have him? Matt?
Speaker 5: I mean, if you listened to me last week, he was my premature speculation.
Speaker 1: I didn't listen to you.
Speaker 3: You didn't.
Speaker 5: They're going to start and feature Kyler Murray as soon as he's ready to go. The new staff wants to see firsthand if he's their franchise quarterback, and a good performance by him could either make him keep the job in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Or add to his trade value.
Speaker 5: If the Cardinals are looking at a top draft pick next April, they might just have to make a move for a quarterback anyway. But that might all be for nothing because Call of Duty Modern Warfare three launches on and that's about when the Cardinals have to activate him. This is going to be a disaster. If I could pick him up for free, fine, he can sit on my bench and I'll trade him after a good week. But if I had to pay anything, I'm glad I just don't have it.
Speaker 1: Scott, Yes, oh Scott, are you making a move for Kyler Murray? Are you just glad you don't have him?
Speaker 4: He was. That's very similar to my answer, except for I didn't have the video game stuff, and it was I would pick him up if he's free, and I saw him picked up in many of my leagues this week. I'm not going to make a trade for him. We've seen him playing with injuries. It's not good. We've seen him when he doesn't run a lot, it's not good for fantasy or reality really, and there are indications that he'll come along slower on the running side of things, even though he's fully healthy. The new stuff does seem to like to have designed runs for Josh Dopps, so maybe that plays a factor. But I want him for free. If I can get him for free, that's about it.
Speaker 1: Kyler Murray's running will certainly be a non factor this year coming off the ACAS. You know, maybe it comes together next year. But also you know, next year he'll be in his sixth year in the season, and that's usually when even mobile quarterbacks start to slow down a bit. So there's even if we're looking forward seasons, I don't know that the legs are going to factor in that much. But let's just focus on this year for a second. If I have to rely on fantasy points from Kyler Murray's arm, not his legs, let's look at what we got. He's one and a half touchdown passes per game.
Speaker 4: We might need an advisory warning lick for children.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna be good one and a half touchdown passes per game. Who's that you might be asking, Well, that's Derek Carr, a third tier fantasy quarterback, He's two hundred and forty two passing yards per game. That's halfway between Sam Howell and Desmond Ritter. This year. He is not He is a He is the kind of passer you pick up off the waiver wire. We are always here for Kyler Murray's rushing and without it, and I couldn't be less interested.
Speaker 4: You could. You could also argue that he's got less talented pass catching weapons again rest of a run game.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, absolutely could be true. So I'm totally out on Murray. Couldn't be less interested. The answer is just be glad you don't have them.
Speaker 3: Tough question number three.
Speaker 1: This is kind of a roundabout dynasty question, but I want to phrase it this way. In next August drafts, Tajy Spears will be taken in what round Scott.
Speaker 4: So we are presuming Henry is gonna be gone. He signed a one year deal. He's probably gonna be done. If he's he might be traded before that, but he's probably gonna.
Speaker 1: Be gone by the time this.
Speaker 4: People will be down on the Titans offense as a whole next year. Probably that's assumed. Uh, there's gonna bring someone in if it's a hyped rookie. Maybe that curtails things a lot a little. People love the pass catching running backs. I'm gonna list the fourth rounders that went in last year's August drafts. James Cook, Alvin Kamara, Pa Checko, Rashad White, which is a decent comparable, good pass catcher and a batt Before the season, we thought he'd be a little more efficient. Herbert same deal, you know, uh time share, but the lead back Javonte Williams. These all feel like exact James Cook, you know, good pass catcher in a decent offense. This is These all seem like the type of people that Tajay Spears would just slide right in with in a draft. I feel like fourth round is about where back like this is gonna go next.
Speaker 1: Year, Matt, next August drafts, taj Spears will be taken in what round?
Speaker 5: I think there's a pretty good chance that Derrick Henry resigns in Tennessee. And here's why. A twenty twenty two analytics survey done by ESPN said the Titans ranked as the least analytically advanced team in the NFL. They're so old school they do all their analytics on a notepad, they just might resign him.
Speaker 3: They're old school guys.
Speaker 5: You know. Let's say Henry comes back, and I think that he might. I think Spears is like a tenth round pick. If Henry moves on and the Titans don't come up with another back, I think it's probably like a fifth round pick.
Speaker 1: I've hit you guys have hit on some several of my talking points. Tennessee is headed for a total retooling, maybe even at the coach position. We'll find out, although I don't think so. This could also mean by the way, they retool a very bad offensive line, which could in theory, get better as they try to protect whichever young quarterback they go to. I mean, this is it for Tannehill, you know. I think there's no chance to he'll comes back, so they'll be ruth retooling an offensive line. I think that could help Spears's case. Let's be clear Tozzi, Spears is really good. I think he belongs in this league right now. He's Pro Football Focus is eleventh best running back. He's averaging five and a half yards per carry and seven and a half yards per reception, which they're using him there as well. Mike Rabel loves his workhorsebacks, and if Derrick Henry is gone, which the likelihood is that he is mat that's not wrong, There is a chance, but the likelihood is that he's gone, Spears would be the workhorse back and he'd get a ton of use, including through the air, in a fashion that Henry never was. You know, running backs have largely fallen out of the first round, and what's happened to running backs in the first round this year suggests that's going to happen next year too. I don't think they'll go in round one where they'll be just two or three running backs who go that are highly proven guys. Round two is going to be still a lot of proven guys. Spears is going to feel sexy, new cool, and he's a really good back. The correct answer is round three for Taja Spears next year. If you're in dynasty, hold Taja Spears. Let's get back to the matchup. Oh, it's Chiefs taking Broncos for you. It's me, that's me. This is a rematch from way way back in Week six, in which the Broncos held Kansas City to just nineteen points. It still got killed because Broncos offense couldn't do anything, but it was an impressive defensive performance for the Broncos. I don't think another one's coming here, To be honest, Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelsey obvious is every week. I never spending time talking about it, and you don't need me to. Isaiah Pacheco clocks in with an A grade. He posted ninety eight yards in the Week six matchup against Denver, likely gets even more this week. Denver ranks thirtieth and run defense by Pro Football Focus thirty first, sorry thirty second in run stuff win rate by ESPN. The Broncos allowed the following to opposing running backs all league worse, thirty two touches per game, one hundred and ninety nine total yards per game, and almost six yards per carry, all league worse. Pacheco sitting on what should be a far better game than the inexplicably mech game he had in Week six. The wide receiver where that we are really excited about is Rashi Rice. Now, this is going to be a very detailed breakdown coming, so bear with me. Three straight Fantasy relevant games for him and the last two weeks, Rashie Rice has seen marked increases in usage, with twenty three routes run and then last week thirty routes run. Those were career highs in both weeks and another shift to be aware of. Rice started the season running primarily from the slot, but now we're seeing him run outside a lot more over these past two weeks, and that puts Rice into the sites of the one good Denver cornerback Patrick's Certain, and that could be a problem. Although Certain hasn't been the shotdown corner of years pass that includes allowing Romeo Dobbs to score on him last week. Still Rice runs from the slot some and that matchup is glorious against cornerback Jakwan McMillan, who has allowed a touchdown in three of the last four games.
Speaker 4: Or shee.
Speaker 1: Rice clocks in with a C grade here, trending towards being an every week starter. We love him. All The rest of receivers are on the bench, and you know the whole story on this. Now of them get enough snaps, it's totally unreliable. Getting that once a month dart throw from any of the other receivers is virtually impossible to predict. Let's go to Denver. Javonte Williams looked much better the last couple of weeks coming off the ACL, his snapshare and his total yardage output has increased in three straight weeks. Last week, eighteen touches, ninety six total yards, five and a half yards per carry, a fifty three percent snap share, all season highs for Javonte Williams. I love it and the Chiefs run defense vulnerable, ranking thirty first in run stuff win rate by ESPN, twenty fourth in run defense by Pro Football Focus. Denver's run blocking dramatically improved this year. The only hesitation you have on Javonte Williams is at what point point does the game script become such that they can't run anymore? And that's the worry. I've got a B grade on Javonte Williams. Surging Javonte Williams. We love Jalil McLoughlin. Loved the upside it loved the spark he brings to the offense. But he just doesn't touch the ball enough. The last two weeks, six touches, nine touches. It's just not enough. So I got to keep him on the bench, even though he's an exciting player, passing game mostly entirely on the bench. Here, let's start with Jerry Judy just thirteen yards in the matchup two weeks ago, no scores on the season, and a brutal matchup in the slot against first round cornerback Trent McDuffie, who's been fantastic, allowing just three catches and thirty five scoreless yards in his coverage. Judy is flat out droppable in your fantasy league. Cortland Sutton comes into the C grade. In the game two weeks ago, Denver's receivers combined for just sixty total yards, but most of that went to Sudden. He got forty six of the sixty, and he scored. He has scored in five of seven games, which helped offset the low volume that he also gets. He's gotten slightly negative matchups on the outside against Lugerius Snead and Jalen Warren. In his last four games against the Chief, Sudden's averaging just three carries or sorry, three receptions for thirty yards. I can only get you to a C grade on Courtland Sutton, and with C grades and bench grades on all these guys, I can only russell Wilson's on the bench. Hard to start a guy who threw for ninety five yards in a game against Kansas City two weeks ago. I mean he'll top ninety five yards. That's not saying a lot. Let's go to the final matchup of this segment, Texans taking on the Panthers. Scott, We've already highlighted some of the Texans we love in this game. And take a chance on me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the whole run game is our Take a chance on me, runners c J. Stroud? Was you to take a chance on me? Quarterback? The Panthers are thirtieth rank by DVOA. We're gonna like a lot of stuff here. Or to my man, Nico Collins. God, I'm so mad I traded him.
Speaker 1: Maybe our man because he was he's three.
Speaker 4: Years Yes, I've loved him so long. Jeremy, Jeremy in my home league. Let's work out a deal. I want him back. I want him back. A grade on Nico Collins bench slash. He's a bench for Jeremy in my home league, though, and trade him to me. He leads the NFL in yards or after the catch per reception eight point six yards after the catch. That's insane. That's an insane amount of yards after the catch. This week, he gets matched up against the Panther's lowest rated corner, Dante Jackson, who allows nearly half a fantasy point per target. Nico has a five inch forty four pound advantage against the guy lighted up against him. Oh yeah, in Jackson's passer rating against one hundred forty six.
Speaker 1: Point three that is brutal.
Speaker 4: It feels like a good spot.
Speaker 2: C J.
Speaker 4: Henderson, on the other side, will be covering Tank Dell, who had three full practices to end the week, likely gonna make make make his way out of protocol for this one. Jay Henderson's passer rating against one hundred and twenty eight point one a good spot for Tea Dell as well. I do only have a C grade on him, though Robert Woods is likely out, so there should be a maybe what two more targets for tag Tell Noah Brown came off ir and actually performed last week, so I'm a little worried there's an I'm a little worried there's a little situation there. I don't have a starting grade on him, but that's probably why I'm only holding Tank down to his C grade. He had he had a couple of really really good days before his concussion, and he was getting twice as many deep ball targets per game than Nico. He's more of the deep ball guy. All he needs is one is he's gonna get you that C grade. I do have a bench on bench grade on Dalton Show Schultz. He kind of showed up scoring in three straight in the games. Tank Dell was out before that, not so much. I have a bench grade there. Over on the Carolina side, Adam Thieln is the only guy I have a starting grade on. Do you think that's crazy?
Speaker 1: That's normal. That's what you should have here a grade.
Speaker 4: I could list his metrics. Houston's a tough matchup for wide receivers, but all the ones that had nine plus targets had decent, decent four of them had decent days against the Houston Texans. Adam Feeland's easily going to get that. That's it, that's it, all right, don't start the rest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, the running back situation has been bad. You can get you can run a little.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Sanders is coming back and we actually don't tubis seems better?
Speaker 1: Seems better? Is better now? If Sanders doesn't go.
Speaker 4: And Sanders was playing with an injury for those Tuber games. That they did together.
Speaker 1: Now Sanders can't go in this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I like Hupper secret as a secret here, that's what I have. But Sanders full practices. I think he's going.
Speaker 1: I think he's going to and now he got a money backed field. Juba could end up winning it in time. Yep, when we come back, Brown's taking on the Seahawks. There's a lot of moving parts in that Brown's backfield.
Speaker 3: Pierre Strong.
Speaker 1: Somebody, Yeah, you can also start maybe find out when we come back. Fantasy Football Weekly. Fantasy Football Weekly continues as we look at the Browns taking on the Seahawks Matt Harrison. Browns offense will be led by p J. Walker. Is there any part of the passing game that you feel good about here, including a Mari Cooper who's had some big games and some really bad ones.
Speaker 5: No, I don't feel very good about the passing game. Walker, by the way, on the bench. It's not a horrible matchup, but he's only managed one ninety two as his high water mark, so he's on the bench, as is Elijah Moore. I will give Amari Cooper a C grade based solely on volume. In Walker's two games, Cooper's been targeted eight times in both and he did manage four catches for one to eight against the Niners, but only two for twenty two yards last week against the Colts.
Speaker 3: Kareem Hunt looks.
Speaker 5: Like he's gonna get most of the snaps for the Browns this week, but Jerome Ford did make an appearance at practice on Friday. Ford is very limited with an ankle injury. They initially thought he'd miss a week or two. I'd still bet it's mostly Hunt's backfield this week, with a sprinkle of Pierre Strong. If Ford is inactive, he would have any great.
Speaker 4: They tried out a bunch of backs on Friday.
Speaker 3: Oh did they?
Speaker 4: Kenyan Drake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a sign he's not playing.
Speaker 5: Hunt has seen double digit carries in each of the last two weeks and scored three times. We know he can pitch in in the passing game as well, and he's going to need to pitch in the passing game because Seattle is allowing only two point eight yards per carry on the way to only fifty six rushing yards per game allowed. Both are the best marks in the league. They do allow five catches and thirty three yards through the air to opposing backs, so I'll give Hunt a C grade here.
Speaker 3: We'll have to get it done mostly through the air, though.
Speaker 5: On the other side, it's a really tough matchup for the entire Seahawks offense. But let's start with Geno Smith. In the passing game, the Browns are the toughest team in the league to pass on. They've allowed the fewest pass attempts completions in yards to opposing signal callers, allowing only one hundred and seventy yards per game, but that includes Gardner Minshew's three hundred and five yards and two.
Speaker 3: Scores last week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I post to you this hypothesis that I stole from another podcast that I heard the Week six Browns Niners game was so physical and draining that each of those teams took just a major step back the following week and maybe haven't quite recovered it. So I'm gonna give Gino a C grade on the off chance that the Browns are still reeling a bit from some huge physical battles the last two weeks, and their injury report is not looked good this week. Dk Metcalf looks like he'll be back and will play, but Tyler Lockett trending in the wrong direction with a hamstring injury. Metcalf usually runs from the left side, where he'll see six foot to Martin Emerson most often. Emerson's only allowed a thirty six only allowed thirty six percent of his targets to be caught this season, and he's big enough to challenge the six foot three Metcalf, so only giving dk C coming off the injury, Jackson Smith and Jigba. He's healthy and he was my take a chance on the receiver last week and he did score a touchdown.
Speaker 3: By the way, all right, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 5: With Lockett likely out, JSN will primarily run from the slot, where he'll get Greg Newsom, who's only allowed a reception nine times in the last six games from the slot.
Speaker 3: Nice, So I'm going to.
Speaker 5: Keep JSN on the bench, as will I keep Jake Bobo on the bench, who probably fills in for Tyler Lockett. He gets Denzel Ward almost all game and then the running.
Speaker 1: Game, Lolockett does go? Do you like him here?
Speaker 3: You know it's still still a tough matchup against Ward.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: Kenny Walker didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday with a calf injury, then was completely off the injury report Friday. Zach Charboney practice Thursday in full, but he's just coming off a hamstring injury.
Speaker 3: It's muddy.
Speaker 5: The Browns have not allowed a sixty yard runner all season until last week, when Jonathan Taylor cobbled his way to seventy five yards on eighteen carries. Zach Moss also had eighteen carries and got to fifty seven yards.
Speaker 3: Walker gets about eighteen.
Speaker 5: Carries on average, So I think we're looking at somewhere between fifty to eighty yards right there.
Speaker 3: And it's not a lot. It's a C grade for Kenny Walker.
Speaker 1: Do you think Jacoby Burssett gets traded back to the Browns at the trade deadline? I'm I'm thinking that. I'm thinking that could happen. He's better than PJ. Walker. And with all the questions on long term about on not long like for the next month or so about Deshaun Watson, maybe it could be deep Please you could pick him up. Yeah, I think that's a possibility. Ravens take on the Cardinals. Some obvious a's on the Ravens side. Lamar Jackson come off a fantastic game. Mark Andrews has been terrific lately. Well, they are obvious a's, but let's also talk about Zay Flowers. We're spending more and more time on him every week, which I love. He's already the go to receiver for Lamar Jackson, and we're seeing a slow uptick in passing from Todd Monk in the offensive coordinator. Cardinals defense is allowing the seventh most receptions and the fourth most yards to wide receivers, and prior to last week, the Cardinals had allowed a receiver to go for at least eighty nine yards in five straight games. And I think we're going over eighty nine yards for Jay Flowers here. Flowers will see plenty of cornerback Marco Wilson, who is the worst cornerback in coverage, as I mentioned earlier in this show, allowing the most receptions in the most yards. So Zay Flowers clocks in with an A. Odell Beckham was my take a chance on me wide receiver. I've got a C grade on him. Let's go to the running backs. Guss Edwards finally the breakout game. Now, he was on benches for most of us last week, but the breakout game finally happened in part because they Ravens got way ahead and then they ran the ball. Well, that could happen against the Cardinals right here too. The Cardinals of the sixth worst run blocking grade by Pro Football Focus. They're allowing the sixth most rushing yards, the fourth most running back touchdowns, and they've got the third worst run stop win rate by ESPN. Gus Edwards, I wanted to give him a B grade. You know I'm doing it. B grade on Gus Edwards. Congratulations. It feels like every time I've got I give some mojo to Gus Edwards, he gets like the rugel for thirty five yards for whatever, or his knee explodes. Well, that happened once too, because I drafted him. Justice Hill tempting this matchup is very easy. He's on the field up. He's just not getting enough touches. He's averaging just seven carries per game. Gus is getting double that. So I can't give a starting grade to Justice Hill here he's on the bench. Let's go to Arizona. Amri de Mercado inexplicably got all the work last week and I I thought he looked pretty good. Yeah, how about that? I give him a PPR C grade for de Mercato chipping in three receptions per game. Baltimore has allowed an opposing running back to gain at least thirty six receiving yards four times this year, including three consecutive coming into this one, so I think he's going to help out through the air. Baltimore's usually stingy run defense honestly hasn't been that good lately. In each of the last three games, the Ravens have allowed a running back to top seventy nine total yards and they've given up two scores in that span. Baltimore ranks twenty six and run stuff win rates, so Amari de Mercado has actually got some opportunity here. C grade. Let's go to the passing game. Trey McBride C grade. With zach Ertz hurt. The past two games, McBride has been targeted five and six times. We love that from the tight end position, but this is a very tough matchup, Ravens only allowing an average of four catches for twenty nine yards to the position. I think McBride is startable on expected volume here of like five or six targets, but it's not really much upside against a very good defense C grade for Trey McBride, Mark Keith Hollywood Brown. Since the return of cornerback Marlin Humphrey, Baltimore secondary's turned elite, allowing one score to a wide receiver since Week two. That's it. The receivers who've had success against Baltimore are bigger, physical receivers and that's not Hollywood Brown. You're hoping for a lot of passing and a lopsided Cardinals loss. The game script does favor Brown a bit like Aman Ross Saint. Brown went fourteen targets in a one sided game last week.
Speaker 4: It's also a revenge game, he said, nineteen and fifteen in less, Yes, and anyway, we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: That is a revenge game. Is Brian's not here as our revenge game revenge game desk, but this is obviously a huge one.
Speaker 3: He took the desk with him. That was weird.
Speaker 1: That was weird. The difference, the reason it might not be a total revenge game though. For Marquis Brown, he asked to be traded and the team said, all right, if you really want to go, we'll let you go. And so, you know, I don't know if there's a lot of bad blood here but maybe they're let's go to our last matchup of this segment, Raiders taking on the Lions in scott Yeah. You know, for a workhorse back, I'd like a much better return on my investment than Josh Jacobs has given me, right now, I know.
Speaker 4: I looked up volume C in the dictionary and there's a picture of Josh Jacobs. Yeah. It also said he's, you know, averaging seventeen attempts and over six targets per game, which is how's the NFL in targets among runn running backs? Yes, yeah, it's really crazy. You want to know how two point nine yards per carry? Josh Jacobs two point nine? That is not good. Also, and I know you love this, He's converted just two of seven carries inside the five. Wow, that's why he's not productive, killing us four yards per carry, not scoring touchdowns. But the Lions posed the fifth hardest, and the Lions posed the fifth hardest, the hardest matchup for runners. No running back over sixty four yards rushing against them. So Jacobs is only getting the volume C and I don't even love it. It's just gets all those catches that's gonna get him there. In the past game. I have B grades on DeVante Adams and Jacobe Myers. I don't have an automatic A on Devanta Adams. I'm sorry, you're looking at me like you're shocked.
Speaker 1: Well, just a quarterback play right? Is awful? Last week?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely absolutely awful. But with they both have plus matchups against Jerry Jacobs and Cam Sutton. If the quarterback only gets two hundred and twenty yards, I'm gonna guess like one hundred and seventy five are going to those two players. The Adams and Myers are tied for most targets inside the ten in the NFL, with nine each. You're not sitting Adams, let's be let's be honest, even though he's had a couple of duds. Myers, you shouldn't be sitting either. Ninety five percent of snaps over the last four weeks, thirty one percent of the team's end zone targets, which has led to him scoring in five of his six games, wow, including three straight, forty seven percent of the team's air yards, five plus catches in all but one game, six plus sixty plus yards in all games. I'll take his five for seven catches sixty to eighty yards and he usually scores as a B grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now Garoppolo goes, I feel a lot better.
Speaker 4: Oh, absolutely, And it really does sound like he's gonna go. Yeah, let's hope he's put in full practices to end the week. It looks like he's gonna go. Michael Mayer, I am given a C grade on I know he had a dud last week after everybody picked him up and thought he was the next coming, Like he had one hundred and fourteen yards and two games dud last week. But Detroit is the easiest matchup for Titans. They're allowing thirty to sixty five yards and or a score to ten different tight ends. Titans are averaging six for sixty three on them. It's just a good spot for Mayor over to the Detroit side. I have an automatic A on Aman Ross and Brown, who actually had nineteen targets last week, fifteen the week before, so thirty four total targets in the last two games. A grade on Jared Goff, commonly joked about as a housecat for how well he generally plays at home. Ye, they're at home this week. Raiders, middle of the pack, pass d but let's break that down. Russell Wilson, bad game, Josh Allen three touchdowns? Can you Pickett? Bad game? Justin Herbert three touchdowns? Love Mac Jones, pagent bagant bad games. So decent quarterbacks have vacine. Get it done, yeah, quarterback exactly. I have a C grade on Josh Reynolds. Raiders have allowed eighteen catches for one hundred and forty one yards and on twenty targets to the main outside receiver of the last two weeks. Reynolds himself has seen fifty plus yards in five of six games, which is pretty consistently good. He's also seen a whopping fifty seven percent of the team's end zone targets, which is ridiculous. He gets a good matchup against Marcus Peters. C grade there. I have a bench grade on Jamison Williams, but seventeen point four to two A dot. This is an interesting spot for a dart throw. Sam Laporta A grade five for fifty three and just shy of a coin flip Weekly seas thirty one percent. It's a good spot against the Raiders. Got an A grade there, Jamior Gibbs. I think it's an absolute smash smot. You could talk me into an Ardvark here last week. Deonta Foreman went to one hundred plus and three scores. Fifth easiest matchup for runners. Gibbs twenty touches last week. It's an easy spot.
Speaker 2: Ran.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of big workload coming here, by the way, Craig Reynolds four touches last week. Well, and you know, still not fully healthy either for Craig Reynolds as well. Final set of matchups, including premature speculation coming up next. Find out who you want to pick up now, everybody else is going to try to pick up next week when we returned to Fantasy Football Weekly. Final segment of Fantasy Football Weekly. It's a segment we call premature speculation. As we give you guys you want to pick up this week, got everybody else you'll try to pick up next week, but they're already on your own. We begin with Matt Harrison.
Speaker 5: I've got Jamison Williams, who's fifty eight percent rostered in sleeper leagues. In his three weeks back since serving a suspension for sports betting, his snaps have gone up each week. His targets have gone up from three in the first two weeks to six last week, and goff and Williams didn't connect in any of those six targets last week, but the average depth of those targets twenty two point six yards downfield.
Speaker 3: He's going to be the deep threat.
Speaker 5: And Marvin Jones just retired, so it's Jamison Williams all the way.
Speaker 1: Did he retire, Yeah.
Speaker 5: He basically retired to step away from football for family reasons.
Speaker 3: But what counts He's done.
Speaker 1: Your premature speculation, Guy Scott.
Speaker 4: I'm going with Trey McBride. Zach Ertz was just placed on IR. I actually picked this before that, but this helps out more snaps, targets, and yards in reception than Earth's last two going into that two really tough matchups, but after that he gets three straight bottom four matchups against tight ends. I think as a standalone okay C grade star for the next two tough matchups, then a great streak. Just an add on Marvin Mims. If Jerry Judy gets traded, you might want to pick him up. He's like seven percent roster.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. Washington's running back situations bad. Brian Robinson is not working out Since Week three. He hasn't top fifty rushing yards and he's averaging two point nine yards per carry, and last week your leading rusher for the Commanders was rookie running back Chris Rodriguez. Yes, he could end up being the starting running back before long because they've got to make a change.
Speaker 4: You want a fun steat. He only played nine snaps on offense nine times.
Speaker 1: You say no kidding for.
Speaker 3: Chris the Jet Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's built basically like Brian Robinson. He's a big back, a North South runner, and a potential touchdown scoreer. He finished last year's Pro Football Focuses second ranked running back in the SEC, the average over six yards per carrying two of the past three college seasons. Washington needs to do something at running back. A desperate team might trace Rodriguez. Let's go to the final set of matchups, Matt. We begin with the Bengals at forty nine Ers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jamar Chase obvious A. But what about t Higgins.
Speaker 5: He hasn't scored or topped two receptions in a game since Week two. He's averaging twenty nine yards per game on the season. He's facing a Niners defense that's given up a lot of receptions in yards to opposing wide receivers, the fifth most receptions at fifteen per game, in the eleventh most yards at one sixty per game, and he should.
Speaker 3: Be mostly healthy coming off the bye week.
Speaker 5: I'll throw a C grade on Higgins, but I'm still worried about him a little bit. Joe Burrow gets a bee, he's going to have to throw. Everyone does against the Niners. They're allowing the second most pass attempts. Teams are averaging forty pass attempts per game against the Niners. Kirk Cousins managed three hundred and seventy eight yards and two scores last week. Seems like a healthy Joe Burrow shouldn't be far off those numbers.
Speaker 3: Is Joe Mixon still good?
Speaker 1: No, No, I can't answer that for you. No.
Speaker 4: Uneeded up the middle constantly with him, which isn't good.
Speaker 5: The Bengals are giving him almost one hundred percent of the rushing tempts he has ninety six on the season. The other Bengals running backs have carried the ball a total of nine times.
Speaker 3: No way all season.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's not that's nothing. Mixon has only scored once on the season as well. Volume is king, though, That's why he gets the patented Scott Fish volume see here. San Francisco, allowing ninety four total yards to opposing runners. Nearly all of that goes to Mixon, another running back who takes almost all the work as Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 3: He's an eight grade.
Speaker 5: Brock Purdy and Sam Darnold are the quarterbacks for the Niners. Perty felt concussion symptoms on the plane ride home from Minnesota Monday night and was limited in practice on Thursday and Friday. Almost zero players who've been put in the concussion protocol have played the but it sounds like Purties lined up to play, So we either get Brock Purdy, who's also looked pretty shaky at best for the last two weeks, or Sam Darnold. Matchup not good. The Bengals are top ten in completions allowed, pass yards, pass touchdowns and interceptions taken away. Whoever is the quarterback for this.
Speaker 3: Game, I'm leaving them on the bench.
Speaker 5: Deebo Samuel already been ruled out with a shoulder injury. That leaves Brandon Ayuk and Juwan Jennings as the likely focal points. With questions at quarterback, it leaves much to the matchup, and the Bengals are a top ten defense against the wide receiver position. They've only allowed four touchdowns to the position through six games, and only two wide receivers have topped seventy yards this season. With Deebo out last week, Ayuk only saw six targets. In fact, he's at exactly six targets in four of his last five games. I'm going to leave all the wide receivers on the bench. George Kittle is the only receiver I would start. Tight ends with any type of talent have done well against Cincy this year. Mark Andrews at five for forty five in a score, Tyler Higbee had five for seventy one. Zach Ertz scored against them. That's about all the talent they faced. I'd like Kittle to be the top targeted wide receiver, not wide receiver, but receiver overall this week.
Speaker 3: I'll give him a B grade.
Speaker 1: You're leaving Brandon Ick on the bench. Yes, you're insane. That guy is awesome. That there is no chance, I'm brand.
Speaker 3: They're not targeting him enough.
Speaker 1: They don't have to know.
Speaker 5: They literally do have to target him in order for him to make fantasy points at.
Speaker 1: That is true. You're gonna agree to disagree, Okay, Bears take on the Chargers. Don Deforman's been great, but Roshan Johnson is now back. He's cleared the concussion protocol. I believe Roshan Johnson's gonna be a factor here, and he's gonna water down some of these carries and they will limit Tyson Bagent's usage. So there's gonna be a lot of running coming in this game, and no justin fields to house all the touchdowns at the one and two yard line, So that's good too.
Speaker 5: If the Bears wear those weird orange jerseys, do we call him Beijing Orange?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I love that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Foreman has converted all three of his goal line touches into touch tolline goal line touches into touchdowns, so we like him there. Chargers are a good run defense and a terrible pass defense, so I can't put Foreman on a massive game here, but it's still a solid one. Without Rochon Johnson. I had him as a Bee, but with Rosan Johnson, I've got him as a CE. Johnson could play spoiler here, but we can't start him either. Let's go to the passing game. Tyson beagent shockingly competent in two games with basically one bad pass in these one and a half games that he's played almost all short passing Last week for Tyler Beagent, which doesn't really translate into fantasy points. His only yeah, his only bad pass was a deep downfield pass, and I think Luke gets He's like, well, we won't do that again. We're just gonna keep it short. But the Chargers allow the fourth longest and the most airyards, so maybe there is some deeper passing to be had. Chargers have tape on Beagent now, which the others really didn't have as much, so they're going to try to take away whatever he does well. Chargers are allowing a whopping three hundred and thirty five yards and two passing touchdowns per game. Those are gigantic numbers, so I think Pagent's startable. I've got a starting C grade on Beagent in this one. DJ Moore with a great matchup. Chargers allow the most yards and the most touchdowns per game to opposing wide receivers. Their Pro Football Focus is fifth lowest graded coverage unit, and cornerback Michael Davis allows the third most targets and the second most receptions and the most passing touchdowns per game. And on the other side, Asante Samuel loves the second most yards and yards after the catch. It's bonanza for DJ Moore with a B grade, it's bonanza. Cole Kmet two very good tight ends of hammered the Chargers Travis Kelce TJ. Hottilkinson. But Comet's nowhere near those guys and Beagents avoided him in the two games so far with only two catches for nine yards and the game and half he's played. So Comet did extra pass blocking last week to help with Beagent's pocket. So I just I know it's a tight end, but no bye week and on the bench grade.
Speaker 4: On cl Comet, yeah, that's probably fair.
Speaker 1: Austin Eckler almost gave him a B grade against a better than you think Bears defense. Here Chicago is allowing only three point four yards per carry. No runners top seventy two yards against the Bears. None have scored on the ground since Week three, and the Chargers have the sixth worst run blocking grade per Pro Football Focus. But the Bears allowing the six most receptions and the second most receiving yards opposing running backs, and Eckler obviously elite receiver so A grade.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: What about Justin Air Bear? Three straight disappointing performances have got me rattled. As discussed earlier in this game, let me tell you a little bit more about his receiver. Isn't a B grade for Justin Air Bear, Keenan Allen? Just a B grade. The loss of Mike Williams hasn't helped Alan, averaging just five catches for fifty seven yards in the full games without Mike Williams. He runs primarily from the slot. Allan will see the seemingly improved and now hells of the cornerback Kyler Gordon, who has not allowed more than twenty nine yards or four receptions in his three starts this year. And here's the real shocker. The Bears improved secondary has only allowed one receiver to top sixty five yards all season. Now, Bear Stefens is not as bad as you think.
Speaker 4: These are, really low Mark, that is a lowe.
Speaker 1: So Keenan Allen, just the B grade. I know it feels like smash spot, but just the B grade. Josh Palmer's been very good since Mike Williams went out, averaging four catches ninety yards, no touchdowns. But they'll see a lot of elite cornerback Jalen Johnson. How good is Jalen Johnson? He's Pro Football Focus is number one ranked cornerback. He had the two picks last week. In his five games, Johnson's only allowed ten receptions for eleven yards and an elite twenty two passer rating in his coverage. That's unbelievable numbers for Jalen Johnson. After one of his picks last week, he gave the flashing money symbol signed he wants to get paid by the Bears, and I think they're going to have to do it. So Jess Palmer just the C grade and what could be a difficult matchup with Jalen Johnson. Gerald Everett's battling a hip injury and a super low volume, but he has scored him back to back weeks. He faces a Bear team that's allowed the second most tight end receptions and the ninth most tight end yards. So I'm giving you a C grade on Gerald Evertt. But he's got to make good on like three targets, which is pretty tricky to do, but maybe he does it here. Tight End Wasteland. C grade for Gerald Everett and I hope between all of those receiving numbers with the b's and the s's. That's why I've got air bear justin Herbert with just the B grade.
Speaker 4: Before we go, this is that time of year work. Go pick up some backup running backs. We're about to hit a bunch of buys Mere White. If Josh Jacobs gets injured, Tank Bigsby, if etn gets injured, Miss Rodriguez, Chris Rodriguez, get some backup running backs out there for that.
Speaker 1: You stretch run Yep, that's that's what you gotta do. You gotta start thinking about some possible vultures. If you miss any part of the show, we can check out the whole podcast Fantasy Football Weekly and also of course new league's forming at Guillotine leagues dot com every single day basically Guillotine leagues dot Com and all my player rankings available there for free as well. That can help you with your bench start decisions. If anything was left unanswered in this show, talk to you next week, everybody, Best of luck, come on. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows,