Speaker 1: Hi, Brandon, and congratulations, And I just wanted to ask you how you felt about sort of the culture fit as far as what you do and what you like to do and how the forty nine ers run their offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, I mean, first and foremost, I like winning, So I mean obviously the Diners do a lot of winning and I love doing that. And also, you know, the system fits me really well. You know, I think I can learn a lot from George Kittle. I think I could do a lot in terms of versatility and the offense and just the way that they use their tight end run game and past game. I just think they could do a lot. So I think that it's a great fit for me. I think it's the best fit for me, and I'm excited to get in and go to work.
Speaker 3: Bradon, what was your pre draft contact like with San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean saying the Niners showed their hand the whole time. You know, I think that they showed their hand out of most people, and I fully expected to hear something from them, you know, and I did. And I'm just excited to be here, excited to go to work, and you know, hopefully I can have a long you know, great career here, Brden.
Speaker 3: You're not only known as a tight end, but you've done half back work, you've done full back work. Where do you think your strengths are and how do you think that fits into the FIRS offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think mostly on a tight end. You know, I've done a lot of tight end work and that's what I'm accustomed to. I'm used to obviously play a lot of different positions, and I'm gonna do anything that the coaching staff asked you know of me. But like I said, I'm coming in as a tight end. I want to make a mark as that, and like I said, I'll do anything to coach staff asked of me to do, and I'm excited to get to work.
Speaker 4: So it was mentioned that you didn't play at least line up, I guess on occasion at full back. Is that accurate? And how did that come to be? Like did a coach say, hey, go over there and see like doing that or or what was that process?
Speaker 2: I really haven't played any fullback unless you count me being in a wing as a fullback in Oklahoma. You know, I've been in the wing. I've been in a snip for a little bit just for a specific run plays. But I mean, like I said, I could do it. I mean, I'm a football player, so it's not hard to you know, pick up, But I could do it. I'm good at it and I'll do whatever they want me to do. So it just kind of came by me being versatile. You know, I could do a lot of different things. You know football players can, and that's you know, it's kind of how it came about. But you know, I'm excited to be able to do a whole bunch of different things.
Speaker 5: Be a chess piece, so that could use. So I'm excited.
Speaker 6: Can you tell me how a college tight end views George Kittle and just like what the whole persona of him and his ability on and off the film.
Speaker 2: I think, I mean at Oklahoma in general, we watch a lot of George Kittle. You know, he just does so many great things. He does so many things that we do as an offense. You know, he blocks so many like the same schemes that we do, you know, in terms of gap zone, outside zone, inside zone, counters, all types of stuff.
Speaker 5: Right, So, uh, we watch a lot.
Speaker 2: Of his film and I mean, like just a willing blocker, a great pass catcher, a great athlete, a guy that could do it all right. So I just think that, like we view him as a chess piece, a guy that can move around, do a lot of things and make the other team pay. And that's how I view myself as well. So I'm excited to get to learn from him. He's one of the best in the business obviously, And you know, I don't think I can't think of a greater mentor for me in my play style than you know, George Kittle.
Speaker 5: So Hight Brandon.
Speaker 7: Speaking of George, he has almost like he gets this maniacal joy from from blocking, from moving a man from point A to point.
Speaker 5: B on tape.
Speaker 7: You're you're a really good blocker as well. How would you kind of characterize your your passion for that that part of the game, that physical part of the game.
Speaker 5: I really think you just said it.
Speaker 2: Moving another man from point A to point B, you know, under you know, without him wanting to be moved. I think that's the best feeling in the world. It's just as good as scoring a touchdown.
Speaker 5: You know, when you're.
Speaker 2: Able to move someone you know under their will, it's the best feeling. So I think that's, you know, the joy he gets from it, that's the same joy I get from it.
Speaker 5: You know, it's it's the violent nature of the game.
Speaker 2: And I think that if you're a fan of the violent nature of the game, the physicality and everything, I think that, uh, you.
Speaker 5: You get a joy out of that too.
Speaker 2: So, like I said, I think we're both the fans of the violent, physical nature of the game and that that's why we'd love to do stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So looking at your stat line, your your seven touchdowns jumps out. I'm just wondering whether there's a theme with those seven tds, whether it was you know, you're there, teams are expecting the run and then it allows you to kind of slip out and catch a touchdown. What were what were those those seven touchdowns?
Speaker 2: Like not a lot of those touchdowns, you know, a couple of them came, a lot of them came in the red zone. But there are more passing situations. I mean, there are some situations where you know you're expecting to run and we do something, you know, a little pop pass or something like that.
Speaker 5: There's one of those.
Speaker 2: But uh, like I said, I mean, it's just a lot of matchup things, right, So you get in the ability to be in a matchup, you know, situation where you got a guy that you like it to match up and the coaches liked me, and a lot of these matchups they're out the year, and so I was able to capitalize on that. And so you know, just shout out to my coaching staff at Oklahoma. They put me in great positions, allowed me to, you know, be myself, be the.
Speaker 5: Best football player that I could be, and allow me to capitalize on that.
Speaker 2: So I think that's more so what it was, all right, Jane, go ahead, last.
Speaker 3: One, Bradon, you had seven point two yards after catch as an average. How excited are you to go to the forty nine ers and be with George Kittle, not only just him, but Deebo Samael, Christian McCaffrey even and I who are known for the yards after catch.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think it's one of those things where you have to I mean, as my career has gone to Oklahoma, learned do the yards after catch things, practiced it caught the ball and practice and practice my moves after the catch and everything. And I'm excited to learn from all those guys because they're really all of those guys that are great, you know, in yards after the catch, the area. So I'm excited to learn from all those guys, pick up some tips and tricks that they have that made them so success fall in college and in the league, and you know, just make me a better player.
Speaker 5: That's the biggest thing I want to learn.
Speaker 2: I want to be a better player, and I want to be able to contribute on a bigger scale. So that's that's just the biggest thing I'm excited for.