Speaker 1: And it's been happening a lot lately. Start talking.
Speaker 2: It's like I told you to stop drinking half in half before, and I told you I can't.
Speaker 3: The process is the process.
Speaker 1: And as we've seen everywhere, trusting the process work creations. With any process, as long as you can call it the process, it's gonna work.
Speaker 2: It's gonna work out for everyone. So I only eat processed food. Trust the process.
Speaker 4: Baby, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three sixty four, Episode four of Dir dally THI guys, the production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 1: This is the podcast where you take a deep dab into america shared consciousness. It's almost been a full year of seasons. Next season, well one more.
Speaker 2: App, a couple more apps.
Speaker 1: And uh three, season three sixty five, and I know we've all been waiting for it. Yeah, the Mayans said it would never happen here we are.
Speaker 2: The actually said it ends at three sixty five, So I don't know what do we do?
Speaker 1: Season three sixty four would be like really like momentous and kind of depressing.
Speaker 2: Kind of a bummer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what so they don't seem to know what the fuck they're talking about. Anyways, we also now have a YouTube channel, YouTube dot com YouTube slash at Daily's I Guess YouTube.
Speaker 2: Slash but yeah here put in your address bar YouTube slash YouTube slash YouTube dot Com slash at Daily's I Guess pod. Guys, y'all know how to find it? Y'all are?
Speaker 1: You can go check it out on YouTube. We drop an episode that you can watch with your eyes and your ears, or you could listen to the episode only and then watch the video without.
Speaker 2: The audio, like if you want, you know, if you don't want to be overloaded. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, it is Thursday, November fourteenth, twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four yep, yep, more significant stuff Today it's National seat belt Day's National Spicy guacam only Day. So if you like spicy wackam mole, today's your day. And National Pickled. I love pickles, National pickled. I like half sours if the real day, it's my favorite, good day, solid day.
Speaker 1: I don't really fuck with spicy Guacamolely, That's not what I'm looking for from guacamole.
Speaker 2: It's kind of the opposite of what I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: I respect people like I think that the times that I've had it that it's good it's usually the crushed red pepper in there, so it's like kind of comes at a different rate from the creamy coolness of the guac. Okay, And I'm just I'm just telling the truth here, you know, I'm opening my heart.
Speaker 2: You got that's tame palette. You know what.
Speaker 1: Got the tame palate of a white anyway?
Speaker 2: My name is Jack O'Brien aka Yep, yep, yep, yep, you want it, Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Ride it that fash wave, rock Bottom is wide and your freedoms.
Speaker 2: We're trashing that one courtesy of less than.
Speaker 1: Zero on the Discord, little genuine poem aka for that ass. I don't know what it's in reference to. I'm not familiar. I'm not sure what they're talking about anyways. I am just thinking about spicy guacamole. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles.
Speaker 2: Gray as well as Dragga.
Speaker 5: Woke up this morning. I don't believe what I saw. One hundred billion bottles washed up on the show. Seems that I'm not peeing alone.
Speaker 2: One hundred million castaways looking.
Speaker 5: For a who.
Speaker 2: I really have to piss my guy, I really have toss my guy. I hope that no one sees me. I hope that no one sees me pissing in a bottle. Yes, all right, shout out. That's obviously a reference to The Rock and David Lynch and everybody, all the people, filmmakers, actors who like to piss in bottles just pisses on trees.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, clarify, okay, Sorry While making lost highway in the navies.
Speaker 2: Mason jars technically for Robert Downey Junior bottles for Rock the Rock and Amazon employees. Yes, prefers that that ak courtesy of Ludwig von Drake Double O seven on the disc. Thank you for that one. Have to do a bit of seven.
Speaker 1: Maybe they'll be the next double O seven. There's news we talked about, Drake Miles. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very funny author, comedy, red producer, comedian with the special positive Reinforcement coming early next year, an existing specialty you should all go check out right now. He's written for Last Week Tonight and Jesus and Marrow, which my autocorrect change to Jesus and Marrow because it knows where my heart is and the salvation that I need personally would have been a very different show. Jesus and Merri two legendary shows, among many other things. Co created the Twitter account at Seinfeld today, which are very impressed by that one. I actually just learned that this morning. One of the kindest, funny people, one of the funniest kind people doing it anywhere. He's here to rip off your head and take all your cocaine.
Speaker 2: It's Josh got the.
Speaker 3: Hello, so nice to join you. Thank you for having me on the final I believe National Spicy Guacamole Day before someone in the Trump administration outlaws it. I think Stephen Beller No, oh it's over. Yeah, it's done.
Speaker 2: Spicey. I gotta see RSK Junior being like, it's it's that's what's killing our kids. Spicy.
Speaker 3: The spice is like the vaccine of the flavor world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, they're gonna go so hard against hot sauce and spicy things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't work with the general palette injecting raw milk into the.
Speaker 1: Oh, Josh, it's good. It's good to have you back in the feed. The past few times you've been on Miles.
Speaker 2: And Jack on Mad Boosties.
Speaker 1: You were on recording with us as the election results were rolling in, and so I blame you, and like my brain has connected those those two things and now it's your fault.
Speaker 3: That is kind of I am kind of the one incorrect conclusion that pundits haven't drawn on TV right, Like people are coming up with all the reasons.
Speaker 2: It was fucking he went on Boosties.
Speaker 3: Dude, he just like went too hard for the Celtics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nothing to do with the party or the platform, because the nation decided.
Speaker 3: This episode wasn't even out yet when the results were in, but knowing what we do now, that's clearly what it was. That's right.
Speaker 1: The nation just decided they weren't worth saving. They were like, I don't know, man, I don't feel like moving today. Did you hear that fucking Celtics?
Speaker 2: I heard it. That's right.
Speaker 3: Not only is that Joe Mizila's reliance on the three point shot turning people away from the NBA. It's turning people away from the polls.
Speaker 2: It's just boring.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't care who cares who wins. Anyways, it's great to have you back, great to be here. We are going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We're talking about info Wars being sold for parts, talking about uh, the new Doge government like they're doing memes while creating government departments.
Speaker 2: So we talk about that. We'll talk about the sexiest man. Of course, we were all on the edge of our.
Speaker 1: Seat for this one and it was announced it's CIA apologist John Krazinski, So we'll.
Speaker 2: Talk about that.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about KFC continuing to be really weird about the original recipe. Anyways, all that plenty more, But first, Josh Gondleman, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: Yesterday night, I googled Google dolls, slide lyrics.
Speaker 2: So many goos in that center.
Speaker 6: Googled Google, Google, Google googly eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was, so this is something about me. I went to see Ben Folds live in concert last night.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I posted about it online about how wild it was that he had that. Ben Folds five had a big radio hit in the late nineties of Brick, a gentle piano ballad about being kind of salty about having to take your girlfriend in the morning to get an abortion.
Speaker 1: The day after a bummer for me, though, think about it from that person's and I'm drowning slowly.
Speaker 3: He got a PlayStation, babe, I was gonna hang him play PlayStation the day after Christmas, and I mean, it's really to write a melody?
Speaker 2: Yeah he does. That was a great album too, But Ben, how has Ben? Look? I whatever? And ever amen? I love that album. I just remember being like a band kid and being like, yep, this ship is fucking look at a piano smoking off. This guy is playing like it's such theater kid music. But I, how's how is he live? Like, what's it live? Now?
Speaker 3: He's good, It's I did kind of miss the band because he plays solo, so it's just him a piano and he played, so he played one set. He was great. And then he's doing this thing called the paper Airplane request her so takes a ten minute break and then people write down requests and throw them on a stage as paper airplane, and then he just walks around the stage picking him up and he's like and then he like tells a little story about each song. And plays it, and the request set was like a lot of the kind of slower ballads. But he, I mean, he's his voice is really good and it's like I kind of like you can hear that little Southern accent in it when he's singing. It's like very distinctive, and I just like him as a songwriter. It was a blast. Didn't play Air.
Speaker 1: I don't think he did air. He did just milk.
Speaker 3: He did Kate, which is my favorite song or whatever.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that like when the upbeat ones where the piano is a little more percussive, I feel like that kind of makes you missed the band a little less. But like on those balls God, the double tracked vocals or whatever from the album, I don't know. I can talk about then Folds because it was a big theater kid thing for me. I did high school theater, and it was like when the older when you started making friends with the older kids who went cars and drive around, it is all then Folds five.
Speaker 6: Maybe, yeah, what is this? It's then Folds five, dude. This is called slide. Have like little lines in there that like feel like they're straight up out of a anti choice like pamphlet. It's not me you're dying for, and don't you love the life you killed?
Speaker 2: Are too love? That's aggressive, That's a lot that's about centering, at.
Speaker 1: The very least, not being very supportive of your partner.
Speaker 3: Because first of all, to say that is like a little cold and uncaring, right when when someone makes that choice with their own body and reproductive freedom. Second, the second point, that's a song. Now everybody knows.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, it's like, yeah, a combination of us not having enough awareness or sensitivity and plus just be like, I don't know, there's just melodies, sick and a dude's sis.
Speaker 3: Fine, right, not only right, Not only am I mad at you for a choicing made of your own body, but I'm kind of making it slap and I've turned America against you the song and the radio waves.
Speaker 1: And also, by the way, I wasn't going to take care of that motherfucker if you was not, So it was not in a very strong way. But yeah, it does remind me of just like teenage boy emotionality where it's like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, it's just like fucked up.
Speaker 1: You know, that's like the entire entire thesis, because did you for a second living fucked up?
Speaker 2: You can you put yourself in the other person's shoes right now? No? No, no, no, absolutely not absolutely putting myself.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what she is. I'm putting myself in the baby shoes that were never worn and are now for sale.
Speaker 2: That's where and that's and that is real man.
Speaker 3: Ship, this Hemingway baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that it's not me.
Speaker 1: You're dying for the aligned to the baby.
Speaker 3: I think so wow, because she's alive. Yeah, yeah, I think she very.
Speaker 1: She's emerally dying. You know, it's it's hard to say, Josh. And that's what we're going to get to an act too, just a point by point lyrical analysis of Rick. But before we do, Josh, we like to ask our guess, what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Oh? I think this is a peacock show. That first season came out I missed entirely. Second season came out Deep Pandemic. It's called killing It with Craig Robinson. I feel like people should go back and find this once Craig Robinson, Claudio Dherty, Tim Heideker. It's really really funny. It's like a very row battles and it's increasingly dark satire about like hustle culture and the American dream. It's super funny, super inventive. It is like one of my favorite shows of the last five or six years, and I'm here to shout it out.
Speaker 1: I think it's been it's a pretty common underrated with people who would know these things. Yeah, like this is We've had like some very solid recommendations for this show, so and I still haven't watched it.
Speaker 2: It's it's very good.
Speaker 3: I'm into it, and I think it's like there's twenty episodes total. So it's one of those things that's like if you're looking for a new fun thing to watch, but you're not ready to commit to whatever all ten seasons of or eleven seasons of Cheers or whatever, which I also did during twenty twenty with my wife, then this is like it's it goes fast, it's fun. It's it's like it feels like it's about something in a way that is not beating you over the head, but is like an innovative and funny presentation. There's like an It Follows style episode that's just about various debt collectors like coming out, like debt being consolidated, it's it's really funny and sharp and good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean we are on our grind set mindset on this podcast.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much our.
Speaker 1: Listeners are gonna feel, how they're gonna enjoy this, because yeah, we it's a it's just failure the frame of mind. And this sounds like some l shit. Doug Debt collectors are a frame of mind.
Speaker 2: Dude. What what some of the things overrated?
Speaker 3: The Democrats woke unquote woke agenda.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, brother, dude.
Speaker 3: People can't stop talking about how fucking quote unquote woke the Democratic Party was. Kamala Harris was basically doing an interviewer. She's like, my pronouns are border and wall and it's like, come on, man, this is ridiculous. I don't you know. I'm not the one to do an autopsy on a political campaign because I'm stupid, but this is stupider than me. The the fact that people are going, well, Democrats talk too much about trans people and it's like, well, what do you mean by that? Well, the Republicans put out a lot of ads about how much I hate trans people, and it say you got got dummy own up to do it.
Speaker 2: That's what happens. So who was talking about it? A bunch, right, who.
Speaker 3: Was talking and who? And it's I think the Democrats personally, I would have loved if they were talking about talked about it more. Things they would do for people more, of course. And I just think it's like such a people are going on TV just saying shit, like going on first the Fumes of Vibes from twenty twenty and they're and they're going, oh uh too woke, And it's like, no, you're just saying the thing that Trump's ads are saying.
Speaker 2: It is right, right yea, yeah, yeah, because you've basically internalized the messaging from the Trump campaign and then this is why they won because of whatever they're saying. No, no, no.
Speaker 3: It's so stupid. I just like I can't hear I can't see another headline. I don't read the columns because I don't. I'm dumb enough without actively making myself dumber. But I can't read one more headline from a column. That's like, if the Democrats use a single pronoun, if the next person who uses a plural pronoun for any reason will doom that political party for generations to come.
Speaker 2: Shut up, loser, Yeah, and that's like we keep saying this, this is the fight that's happening right now because you have a lot of these establishment figures who don't want to own the fact that they're attacked to the right was the thing that fucked everything up, and now they're just going for just we just need to acknowledge, man, like obviously, like the trans thing is like a thing we need to just like be clear on, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like and yet you should have been clear about that about how like trans people are people and deserve dignity and rights and not, like you can't let the Republicans who are like they shouldn't exist dictate the terms of conversation. It's humiliating, yes.
Speaker 1: And also when you change your answer on something, it looks bad for you when you're like, psych, we actually don't care about that. We care about border security, and we're running away from that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's it's so wild that so the people who ran the campaign that lost ran the campaign as though this was their biggest problem and then lost despite like having a wildly defensive, like hyper focused on this angle campaign and that them and they're like, you know, advisor class is coming out and being like they lost because of this thing that they were clearly acutely aware of and ran the entire campaign around.
Speaker 3: Brutal It's also I think, you know, I have my own disagreements with the Harris Whiles campaign on policy. You know, I wish they had taken a stronger stand about a weapons and bargo to Israel. Yeah, that was a big one for me. But I do think Kamala Harris spoke significantly better than Ben folks about abortion. I think she really spoke effectively and clearly and without hedging. I thought Tim Walls on issues like trans students spoke really plainly and clearly and compassionately, like didn't play the rhetorical games and was just like, yeah, they're kids and we should support them, and you're being gross to want to like look up their assholes every time they take a shit, and it is I just think that's they had these strengths and then pretty immediately like tamp down at least the second. You know, I think I think they spoke well about reproductive health throughout, but yeah, just like ran away, like you said, ran away from some of the stronger points, and it was frustrating, not just from an optics and pulling standpoint. But it's somebody who's like, yeah, this is like you're saying things that are correct and compassionate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is a direction we should be moving in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's our problem. Oh sorry, what what was the last thing he said?
Speaker 2: That was the direction? But yeah, all those like post mortems are definitely like I think you should leave hot dog suit sketch, you know what I mean, where they're like they're like, why am I hearing from you right now? They're like, we got to figure out who what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyways, let's pick and well that's the sound of the sound of my soul escaping.
Speaker 2: We'll be right.
Speaker 7: By and we're back.
Speaker 2: Let's have a little shot and freud.
Speaker 1: Shall we a little amuse boush of shodden fud?
Speaker 2: And look at it.
Speaker 1: Alex Jones, the one right wing shithead who is actually lost in the moment, so what he deserves?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ye as we record this, Alex Jones entire media disinformation empire is being auctioned off. We're talking literally everything from like broadcast equipment to the parent company that owns in full Wars, down to his little desk that he screams from. It's all for fucking sale, and again this is all being auctioned off in order to pay restitution for calling the Sandy Hook victims and their families like crisis actors and saying that the shooting was a hoax. So knowing that it's just wild, because on Monday on his live stream, he was acting like he's like he's like, you know, the actual the case is already determined before that we want to trial. That's like, dude, I get maybe your your listeners might believe that shit, but to everyone else, you're like, dude, it's so clear what's going on. So uh here he is talking about how this you know, could be maybe his his last live stream and how everything's being absolutely sold off.
Speaker 8: Day afternoon, Info Wars, the equipment, info wars dot com, Info warstore dot com had a whole bunch of other stuff is in a federal bankruptcy auction from the fake judgments of the rig trials where I was found guilty beforehand and they had literal show trials out of the Soviet.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure like he didn't even rip, like because he refused to actually like have any kind of like legal argument against like the disc like, but he like went into a summary judgment, which is why he's like there was a show tr It's like, dude, you were you had nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he didn't cooperate in the sense of like sitting quietly in court and like or he.
Speaker 2: Was even argument stream right, Yeah, yeah. Yeah. It was also wild that like.
Speaker 1: Even though it was determined before and he had no chance, he still revealed that, like, this is just a character that he in that trial, which seems like I wouldn't have revealed that, man if I knew I was already If I already knew that it was rigged and I was gonna lose, I wouldn't have said, like, yeah, that's a character. I actually don't believe that, and it's fucking stupid. I get it, like please, but we're just I'm it's like whole Cogan Alex Jones is just a fake character I play, which is what he said in trial and still lost and then he got like sad and stopped it.
Speaker 2: Was a quote.
Speaker 3: Still, actually, my First Amendment rights are being violated.
Speaker 9: That's why I should be able to say whatever I want, even if it is smearing victims of a mass shooting.
Speaker 2: Anyway, go on, Alex and.
Speaker 8: Er Nazi Germany, Rob and I walked in here during the break after getting there blast of water, saw the auctioneers inside the building going around surveying from the last time they were here, to make sure all the stuff's here, everything tagged, everything marked this dad day.
Speaker 2: After anyway, So he goes on it's all up for sale. He did go on to be like maybe the good guys. I think the good some good guys might come through and like bail me out. And I think that, like reports, it could be some kind of like weird consortium of like Roger Stone and other like wealthy right wing figures or even fucking Elon would come in. There was also a lot of talk from like groups like Media Matters. They're like, dude, we'd fucking buy him full wars and.
Speaker 3: Just they Media Matters. I just hope that they don't get in a bidding war try to drive the price.
Speaker 2: I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Guess we get sixty five dollars exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, what's Musk offering, right? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 3: He Also he's also wearing an outfit like this is normal look, but it's kind of a burgundy button down worn in a fashion that I would describe as like a strange father at his child's first communion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's like in the back of the church because like they're like, no, he was here.
Speaker 3: He was in the back of your dad was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just had to keep leaving to go vape out.
Speaker 9: Check check my fan duel bets off father, Get your hands off me. I'm smoking tiger's blood right now. Message smoke and the breathing air is my first amendment.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, God, your son's communion.
Speaker 1: Paying attention to this at this juncture and hoping that it doesn't somehow break in his favor and like a billionaire doesn't come through and like buy everything and you know, transport him to some island where he can't be touched by international law. Feels a little bit like it's using the same part of my brain that wants to pay attention to the Mike Tyson Jake Paul fight and like pin my hopes on something that I know is going to have a bad outcome. You know.
Speaker 2: I'm just but I'm just like, yeah, no, I think we got one of them. I think we got one this time. Guys.
Speaker 3: We same with me, Same with Rudy Giuliani being forced to give his possessions over to the y Paul workers. Yeah, it feels so good a judge being like that car you're in right now. If you don't hand it over it by Monday, you're in jail. Lose it and your Yankees World series rings so fun. It's so beautiful for him to lose things that are both high in financially and high and sentimental value. You can't talk about where you are on nine to eleven anymore. Oh no, I know that you can never say you were mayor of New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you do hate to see it just for the the Yankees, you know, getting tarnished like that. That's that's painful. Just a good franchise like that.
Speaker 3: I hope they sell it to someone who melts it down because they need whatever material is in the ring for some kind of science project.
Speaker 1: All right, we're just like we're microdosing news about Trump's new government. I think we're gonna do like one story a day because more than that is too awful.
Speaker 2: So most people are pretty pretty well prepared in terms of understanding what's on the horizon.
Speaker 1: So I think we've been fairly predictably awful up to this point. One that one of the details it seems like it's breaching a new level of like governmental stupidity. Is this new? So they announced a new government department aka like marketing scheme, Like it just feel it feels like a combination. And I mean we've already seen this with a lot of things, with like Trump's campaign already selling the commemorative coins that like usually come out like one hundred years after the event that they're commemorating, just because it's like, you know, good money, and he's in the commercial being like this commemorative plate set will will make you rich.
Speaker 3: Anyways, you don't need to commemorate the present. I always remember the present.
Speaker 1: Yes, commemorating last week's amazing rally. So users seem to be fleeing, first of all a bit of good news. People are fleeing X like it's the Titanic.
Speaker 2: But advertisers are coming back. Oh really yeah, because they're now like we need to get on Elon's good side. Is another headline I've been seeing because of now he's become so I guess important in terms of his proximity to Trump.
Speaker 3: You and Trump have been hanging out a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to the point that people like Trump aids are like it's getting weird, Like he hasn't left in days.
Speaker 2: He won't leave the president alone. Yeah, he's wearing clothes too.
Speaker 3: I didn't know i'd be sleeping over.
Speaker 2: I'll just buy some stuff.
Speaker 1: The Guardian just announced they'll no longer be posting on Twitter. At the same time, Elon Musk and Vivek Brahmaswami were just announced as the heads of Trump's brand new Department of Government Efficiency, which, as everybody, including Elizabeth Warren has pointed out, nothing says government efficiency like creating a new department and hiring two people to run it. But it's putting aside the obvious fuckery of hiring Musk, who's made billions from federal contracts to oversee government spending. They didn't need to create this department. It's a department that already exists, the US Government Accountability Office, But this one has a fun acronym.
Speaker 2: Which is dog Doge.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It seems to be the only thing they've done is they've rebranded an existing governmental office as doge Doge.
Speaker 2: Because this is his favorite shit coin. Yeah, this is Elon's and this is something he tweeted like months ago too, like he'd be like it would be interesting to do a department of So I think one thing, one people who if you try to even think that this might not be as bad as it is, some people are like, this feels like some weird fucking just project that you can send these two on so they don't actually get involved with actual like white house business. But I don't see that happening considering how closs Elon Musk is to Trump. But I think the other part of this that's really like crypt Like, I think it's just really we have to keep our eyes on what's happening with crypto, because you can there's a there's a longer game at play here because first of all, the price of doge coin nearly tripled in value since election day. Uh, and you know, like this is part of like again a way for Elon Musk, Trump and their allies to radically change the economy. Like they keep floating stuff about paying off government debt with crypto or using like bitcoin as just a way to pay off you know, like the T bills or something or just government debt. And this is again a way that we're always seeing like as even me Elon Mussag is like people are gonna have to experience pain, aka they want to crash the economy. That's really what is That's really what because said that in the lead up to the election. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're gonna have We're going to be experiencing some pain for a few years aka crashed the economy so then billionaires can come in and swoop up everything that's left and really consolidate even more wealth at the top.
Speaker 3: Also, what an incredible thing to say, we're going to experience some pain for a few years, which means Trump's presidential term is going to be a disaster. That's what he That was the pitch. This is going to be bad the entire time that's happening, and people are like sick.
Speaker 1: Right right, Like if you have speed run the early twentieth century, they're going to do stock market crash, great depression, Third Reich.
Speaker 2: Like all in like yeah, yielded age, gilded age, that's the gig economy.
Speaker 3: They're all doing all of those things at once, right right, Yeah, and again it's like it's uber but for fascism, right and fucked up economic crashes are the.
Speaker 2: Turbo fuel of fascism. Yes, and it's clear like mass deportation that is going to have significant effects on the economy. The the tariffs are going to have significant effects on the economy. There's already talk about like what happens with the debt ceiling? Is America going to default and also further throw things into chaos. There's a lot of things that they have the like their hands on the levers to create this situation. And it's just like that's that's a real part of it that I'm just kind of really freaked out by and seeing how whatever whatever whatever this plan is because all roads seem like they're leading to just one of the most fucked up economic crashes.
Speaker 3: And it's it's also to me, I think the idea of like the economy, I'm like using fucking scare quotes like basic there's but they give the economy writ large is like when it's good, it doesn't necessarily hit most people. Right, The economy being good doesn't like benefit people directly because it's all for capital's all funneled upwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the economy economy killing it during the pandemic.
Speaker 3: Yes, and when the but when the economy is bad, people do feel it, right, Oh yeah, Like the ceiling on it is so low It's like an airport sandwich where you're like, the best it gets, you're just like this is adequate for me, and then the worst it gets you're like, this has ruined my wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I'm sick, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, when it's bad, your just you know, your company announces that they're taking a look at taking some preventative.
Speaker 2: Measures because the there.
Speaker 1: Are economic headwinds in the offing, and then you lose your job. And when it's good, you don't see shit. You just see headlines that the economy is good, yeah, and get angry enough to fucking elect Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, yeah, Jeff Bezos has added a fifth billion dollar yacht and you're like, what, Okay, it's.
Speaker 1: Boom time on this one island where Tom Brady lives next door to Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, it's it's truly brutal to be like, oh, it must be nice to be the economy.
Speaker 2: I guess, right, it's there, But I mean I guess this is also the other thing too, Like you look at how the price of bitcoin is, I don't just skyrocketed, you know since the election and made a lot of people like like smaller holders of bitcoin very wealthy because then now you they've also created a group of people that will evangelize about cryptocurrencies and be like, no, like this is actually like it's amazing, like what I've been able to do with it.
Speaker 3: There's just so many different dimensions of how I don't like, I'm not sure what version is going to work, but you can already just see sort of like this pattern sort of emerging. The crypto lobbying has been so weird. Yeah, Like in the biggest industries outreach to blackmail voters, she like really centered crypto in that. And I don't know if this is just like received wisdom or if this is true, but like the crypto lobby investing a bunch of money in the Ohio Senate race then elected Brittany Marino and pushed out Brown, and it's like it feels like six years ago someone should have been like, no, this is imaginary. You can't do government. You're off on your own island with your play money.
Speaker 2: Right right, yeah, yeah, But again, like because because of like the emergence of like these very wealthy people who run these coin exchanges, Yeah, to your point, they're just being like, this is this is our play now like we can, we can, we can put because they because now like fully they're realizing, okay, dollars I can use to push around and threaten any politician with a primary loss or a full on election loss by just going all in on their opponents. And that's how you see they did it. Over the last few years of getting people in line over their stances on crypto, and more and more people are just being like, yeah, yea, yeah, yeah, I think I think maybe we maybe less regulation would be good for this.
Speaker 3: And that usually that is always pretty sick for like most people, is when things get deregulated.
Speaker 2: Do you regulate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just that always works out, I think pretty well. Like Enron, I know so many people who are just you know, paid off their home loans with Enron money.
Speaker 3: And put my kids through college.
Speaker 1: He said, yeah, yes, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some things we can feel good about, like the Sexiest Man Alive.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back.
Speaker 1: And so we actually the episode that we recorded the day of the election, before we knew the results, one of the stories that we focused on was, you know, the upcoming big news that we still didn't have access to, and it makes it so hard to record those episodes. We still didn't know who People's Sexiest Man Alive was, and.
Speaker 3: And you're sourced up over there. You're like the Woodward in Bernstein of People magazine.
Speaker 1: And I got fucked by the sources, to be honest, a lot of them, especially the ones who are you know sheep dipped. CIA agents were telling me it was going to be Jim from the Office, and I just now that guy.
Speaker 2: Have you seen how Powell whatever the exactly.
Speaker 3: He's sexy, he's alive?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do, what's wrong? I do?
Speaker 1: Like the people who have the energy to be outraged about this.
Speaker 10: Just like another another one where I had all my hopes, right, it's just like just another rake to the face, just going through the media landscape catching rakes to the face.
Speaker 1: But yeah, some people. It was announced on Tuesday that Jim Halpert from the Office is the Sexiest Man Alive. His photo on the cover looks almost apologetic.
Speaker 6: He's like, sorry, yeah, I didn't mean to be all sexy.
Speaker 2: Helper. Look, yeah, totally is a breaking the fourth wall of sexy Jim.
Speaker 1: Look, yeah, yeah, we only bring it up because people really seem to not like it. Because he's also a character that I have like for a while now, been like been keeping one eye strongly on ever since he just like started being openly pro CIA interviews. His like positive news show came out during like at a time when everybody was really pissed off. He was like, what if flick, I don't know, it's kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Like immediately like this was all just kind of like one hundred million dollars and nothing ever came out.
Speaker 3: People continued to die of a rampant pandemic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, he just he has he has weird takes and takes so weird in fact, that he has become people's sexiest man these mainstream enough. He's like the Jay Leno of sexy guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's kind of like but he is like a perfect encapsulation of like in America, where on the surface things seem like okay, but like.
Speaker 1: On the service he seems calm and steady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but deep down, yeah, and he's weak or mom Spaghetti another Mom Spaghetti's.
Speaker 3: I think everyone knows what people underneath these mom spaghetti Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his vomit.
Speaker 3: Jim vomited down spaghetti.
Speaker 1: He looks like that that's the look of the picture. He's like, Oh, I don't know, I just had this letter. I guess I just puked on it mom spaghetti. But hey, I'm as American as eating mom spaghetti, you know. But like again, but underneath, it's like this guy that's like constantly winking at the right wing while also kind of pretend like doing an away.
Speaker 2: Is like, but I'm like not that kind of guy. Also, like I'm Jim. It's just this very yeah, off putting thing. But it's it is wild for how much people fucking hate this announcement because I don't know, I think it's probably partially like a lightning rod for everyone's election angst. Yes, but it's truly being like, yep, this is the perfect guy to fucking get angry about it.
Speaker 3: It's also like there's so many years that people Magazine and Sexiest is like not someone as as Victor pointed out that it's not someone who's like super in the zeitgeist. It's not someone who you think of necessarily as sexy like Blake Shelton one, you know, and people like fully like left their bodies with rage. And it's also like not it's the sexiest famous guy alive. Right, that's the thing. The sexiest guy alive is some broke dude who like lives on his friend's couch and has like slept his way through an entire friend group and no one's mad at him.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, you slept with him? Too cool?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah, it's also there's an interesting pr thing that happens with this increasingly these past two years. Like this year, I think everyone was like there's an obvious choice, Like there's a guy who is famous for being the sexiest guy and he was in like the biggest blockbusters of the summer.
Speaker 2: Glen Palell was.
Speaker 1: Like seemed like, yeah, this in a world like where this had some like editorial integrity, Like I think when it's when it started, it was like, yeah, they're like, you know, I guess it's Brad Pitt again, you know, a guy who's most famous for like people, you know, jacking off to how hot they are, and that then like I think starting I don't know exactly when it started, but I think because it's like viewed.
Speaker 2: As like I don't know that, do I want it? Do I want that?
Speaker 1: It has to be somebody whose team thinks it's a good branding move for them to be considered sexy. And so last year with Patrick Dempsey, it was like, what if we gave them a reminder that this guy was sexy.
Speaker 2: Because he's got a movie coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also like jumped on the Golden Bachelor wave. And with this year with fucking god, I can't John Krasinski not Jim Fuckers, how fuck is he?
Speaker 2: Whatever? This fucking guy's name, Gim.
Speaker 3: The thinking Man's Mark Wahlberg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, we don't really think of him that way, but what if you did?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I think there's also backlash for understandable reasons against kind of puffy comedy guys that are like, but what if it was fucking hot like him and Chris Pratt? Like, if it were Chris Pratt, I think there would be riots in the streets right now. It would be like any hockey team won any hockey game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I think this is just all this tells us is that Chris Pratt turned down the opportunity to be people sexiest. Man. I think that's the only thing this says is like, yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Retreated from being sexy for a while where he's like, no, I'm Mario and Garfield.
Speaker 2: Now right, yeah, yeah, yeah, don't look at me as sexy, look at me as Garfield. Sexiest man alive guards just such a weird like the idea of the sexiest man alive just like evokes like some kind of freak show thing. Or it's like step right up, ladies and behold the sexiest man alive and it's just some white guy again.
Speaker 11: And buckets of cold water get too sensuary and seven fainting couches, be careful like it's just all right, and again the lack of just like it's who are the like, only the people of color to win?
Speaker 2: This have been what how many of you? Dwayne Okay, the Rock, Idris, Elba John, Oh you know what they did. They probably did this moral licensing thing where they went three years of black men. They're like it was el John legend, Michael B. Jordan and now we're electing Trump and now we will never have to do that again, right right.
Speaker 3: It's also like did someone lap Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan?
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous, Like in the past year we've tallied the votes, Patrick Dempsey got sexier than Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan's.
Speaker 3: He should just keep the crown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it would be like a King of the Hill. Thing is like, is anyone ready to dethrone a sexiest Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Guess we can just yeah, kind of a runway walk off the winder style.
Speaker 1: If there was like an independent media media ecosystem, it would be like really low hang for someone to actually do like a rigorous version of this story and just be like actual sexiest man.
Speaker 3: At Glen Powell. I feel like even you do a Jeremy Allen White as those are the two.
Speaker 2: Hotel people are so to lose Miles.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry man, this is Trump's America hotel. Can't be sexiest man.
Speaker 2: Sorry yeah, bad, my bad. Want to get down the election, Jesse Waters.
Speaker 1: That's I mean in nightmare future universe, like we could be headed that way. I think he's going to be running the Department of Education.
Speaker 2: I think probably before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every host from form really of the five is going to have their own department.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: On Yesterday's training like Trump did name just a Fox News host to be depart.
Speaker 3: Career of defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah defense. Yeah, I like to wash his hands.
Speaker 3: I do think we should do what that guy.
Speaker 2: It's because that guy, it's his hands, his hands peak.
Speaker 3: M hmm. I do think that we should have a sexiest dead guy every year. Yeah, we don't have to show a current picture, but I feel like if a new sexy guy dies, maybe they're the sexiest dead guy.
Speaker 2: Or they're like that's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just coming.
Speaker 2: Back around to it, you're like, oh yeah, I mean like, have you seen the photos? And we're talking peak peak right.
Speaker 3: Right right, because when you're dead, that's that's how you should be remembered.
Speaker 2: Yea peak Marlon Brando, not like Islander, Doctor Moreau, Marlon Brando. Have you seen those pictures of the Billy Zame as Marlon Brando and that biopic that's coming out later this year. It's bro, this motherfucker looks like Marlon Brando. Yeah. Anyway, I hate to just commandeer the segment like that, but it just hit me because I saw a recent pick of it and I was like, holy shit, dude, this is this is prestige casting in terms of finding someone that looks like Marlon Brando.
Speaker 3: They're gonna eat like they haven't since Titanic the.
Speaker 2: X maybe, but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Everybody can go check out some cool pictures of John Krasinski leaning against various things. Photo shoot has him leaning against a doorway in the meatpacking district, leaning against an old timey cab, multiple old timey cabs. He might have an inner ear situation because he's really off balance in all these pictures.
Speaker 3: But disability representation is so important.
Speaker 2: He's stealing Keith Morrison from Datelines whole fucking thing which is leaning on ship, you know what I mean. So there's nothing atrid about this. Yeah, just move on, move on from him.
Speaker 1: That was a big Instagram was like the lean is so hot, and it was just like people like guys leaning against doorways people online.
Speaker 3: But it's like people are just so into to engagement. They'll be like, like food just hits different when you're hungry. You don't need to say that, just think.
Speaker 2: It right, just hits different when you're hungry.
Speaker 3: John. The John Krazinski thing is so funny too, because like even with this like action hero glow up, he's not someone that I hear people being horny for. And at his peak right as Jim Helpert, when people were like he's dreamy, it would be like people's marriage materialist man of.
Speaker 2: Man alive right right right, right right, Yeah, you know you have to issue a statement like you just found out about this, like something they called you on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Morning and we're like, hey, you won the because he's like I guys that. For me, this is like so weird, so wide. I don't sit around being like, oh I hope I'm people's sexiest man alive today. You know, Like it's just it was like phrased in a way that was like you should have written this out of time. It looks like you did, but like you did it. You should have had somebody else write this out ahead of time. It seems like because it's not it's not selling. I'm I'm not buying that, John Krazinski. This was not part of an aggressive campaign to be like what if we tried to like say, I know the last like movies we've tried people are like, oh no, no, probably not, but like what if he was sexy? Have we tried that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's also to be like faux humble. It's like when you're a person who's the best again still best known for the office, do have a little fun with it, you know what I mean? Like, Uh, since I was a boy, I always knew I would achieve this honor and it's it's beautiful to be recognized for the sensuous man I've always been, and I look forward to making love to each American individually. Now that is my prerogative.
Speaker 2: See could have Josh Gondleman right for you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's been a dream to write for.
Speaker 3: I am that unemployed. I'm going to put some poor lady named Kelsey out of work.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, And finally KFC is suing somebody again around the phrase original recipe. Just the concept of the original recipe seems to make them go crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because churches deigned to say that they our original recipe is back. Oh you fucked up, because now KFC's lawyers are coming for your ass. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Original recipe only refers to KFC's original recipe. We have trademarked that and U OUs so much chicken.
Speaker 3: The KFC has declared they have the concept of the original recipe, as if the original recipe the first recipe. Ever, it's fried chicken and not potatoes over an open flame.
Speaker 1: Right they So they actually say that they're not doing this for themselves. The lawsuit is actually on behalf of all fried chicken lovers out there. I can't figure out, Like, how you even get to that logic? Like if churches stole your original recipe, how would that harm Fried Chicken lovers.
Speaker 2: Out there again? Because they're trying to say that we are the protecting the ystem, they are the standard bearer for.
Speaker 3: The flying they're flooding the zone with original recipes, right the Steve Bannon tactic, right to diminish trust in mainstream chicken media.
Speaker 1: Employers. We kept so many people jobs. You guys should love us. They're like, if we go out of business doing this on behalf of you guys.
Speaker 3: I also love the phrase that they're doing it for the Fried Chicken levers, which sounds like the like the spoken word intro to the grossest R and B song of all time.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah.
Speaker 1: So just to give you a little background on how KFC does when it comes to the original recipe. In two thousand and couple bought Colonel Sanders's house and discovered a hamdwritten note that seemingly contained the recipe. They contacted KFC, the most good faith thing I could imagine a human being doing in that scenario. They contacted KFC to be like, hey, we found your wallet, do you want it back? With like extra money in it.
Speaker 3: We found a wallet. Whose is it?
Speaker 2: I honest the wallet, you can have it. No, we're gonna fuck it out ours.
Speaker 3: That's our wallet for sure.
Speaker 1: So they they suit this couple again. But just not to give you the wrong idea, they did say, we took it very seriously. We filed the lawsuit to protect the quality of our product and by extension, you the fried chicken Fried Chicken lover. Yes, exactly. Absolutely, they may have a claim to the term original recipe, but they actually don't have like just legally speaking, that is the argument they're making and in today's Supreme Court environment, but they actually don't have a patent on the actual recipe because that would require them to disclose the ingredients and they really like they just won't do that, or so they claim they won't do that. Yeah, so anyways, it's like a big show.
Speaker 2: They make them the funniest.
Speaker 3: The funniest reason did not want to go through Discovery is like they're going to find out how much human we here.
Speaker 2: Yeah fuck yeah exactly. I mean when the sad thing is like it's it's out there already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all bullshit. You can really buy KFC season right now if you want. Because Colonel Sanders himself got the company Marion k to recreate his spice blend, and then they still sell it under the name ninety nine X ninety nine dash X, which not great branding. Let they're less good at branding, but it feels like Elon musks child name.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it feels like a very nineteen ninety nine naming convention, Like yes, ninety nine X, dude, is that.
Speaker 3: Mountain dew.
Speaker 2: Ok oh by that oh buy that.
Speaker 1: Goes well with surge, But ninety nine X doesn't list its ingredients. However, Colonel Sanders' nephew leaked the recipe to the Chicago Tribune just a few years ago, and he died of polonium poisoning.
Speaker 3: They're making Boeing look real soft, right, that's right, Mark his nephew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be so embarrassing to get assassinated by KFC.
Speaker 3: I hold on, I have a knock at my door one second, guy, the documentary JFKFC.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be incredible.
Speaker 1: From all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just like the thing that I love is that like they the one thing they don't really cop to is the fact that they use MSG you.
Speaker 1: Know, they released the recipe minus the MSG, and somebody tried the recipe and was like, this doesn't work. Then they added MSG and they were like, oh, it's KFC that this is KFC that I'm holding my hand and they reached out and KFC was like, yeah, okay, we use them. Can't prove anything, Kappa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, MSG is like fine, right, yeah, that's the word.
Speaker 2: Which is so funny because they spent all this energy to like keep up this myth and like act like the secret isn't just using MSG, like that's really what it is. Like that's what I mean, Like you think about I just think about all this like Chinese restaurant syndrome, that shit that was happening in the middle of the twentieth century. To be like these Asians are cheating with MSG kind of shit and maybe that's villains to use that that's all bad. Only for them to hold on to it like it's their fucking holy grail.
Speaker 3: To be like it's MSG though, actually makes it a little bit. It's a little bit more steroids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly. But yeah, I mean I do know people have like actual like you know, I think like it's a glutamate like allergy or whatever. But for the most part, like really it's fine. It's naturally occurring too, but like try it on shit, you know, little Yeah, because most stuff, if you look at a lot of the seasonings that a lot of people use in the US, the stuff you're like, damn, that shit's good. It's like it's just look at the ingredienters. It's msg in there. It's not because it's a secret thing. That's what's making stuff hit harder.
Speaker 1: Yeahore the Korean grocer next to my house, like we have been shopping that.
Speaker 2: God damn.
Speaker 1: So much of these snacks are like so good. It's because like mstry does not have as as bad a name in Korea as it does in the US.
Speaker 2: No, in Japan, it's called the essence of flavor, that's what. That's what. It's called a geno moto like the fucking basis of flavor. And that's like it's like that's where like because some what food scientist is like, fucking how do we get this like umami kind of thing out of shit? And that research led them to this, and then for decades we were just racist against food tasting good.
Speaker 1: R Yeah, exactly right, not fair. It's like it's this whole the food industry being like not fair essentially. But yeah, I mean they've the secrecy, Like the whole branding around the secrecy is like they regularly staged dumb pr stunts, Like they had an armored car with a police escort transport the recipe to a vault and it was contained in a briefcase handcuffed to someone's wrist and it said KFC top secret on the outside. One time they had the recipe delivered to a Swedish nuclear bunker by RoboCop.
Speaker 2: So what, yeah, is.
Speaker 3: That even under Robo Cups jurisdiction?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know in this New America.
Speaker 1: And one of the sequels I think, so the one where you can fly, Yeah, sure, I will go to Sweden. That's what a lot of people don't nuke. The drug from one of the Robo Cups sequels was just but yeah, it's basically just like a lot of branding I feel like, is just giving adults the thing they lost when they stopped believing in Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: You know, there's actually be some magic. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyways, Yeah, the original recipe is closely guarded, like the nuclear football and KFC will kill you if you find out about.
Speaker 3: It, and like the nuclear football, Donald Trump is desperate to regain access to KFC's original recipe.
Speaker 1: Yeah that might randomly be true. Yeah, this is that's what motivated his run for.
Speaker 3: Just like I need to get this recipe, and he's going to open up a bunch of fried chicken places on his own.
Speaker 1: Josh Gondleman, what a pleasure having you as always on the daily Zeitgeist? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: I am at Josh Gondleman across social media at gnd E l Man. I've a newsletter called That's Marvelous that I write every Monday. It's free. It's full of pep talks and jokes and has on my tour dates Josh Gondleman dot com. If you're just looking for the backstory and video, you know, have a stand up specially you can find on Amazon, and if you're not into Amazon, where it's free, you can rent it somewhere. And that's great too. And I wanted to put in a little shout out to Tonight the fourteenth, if you're in New York City, there's this really great benefit that's happening at Gotham Comedy Club for Comedy Gives Back. It's like comedians helping out comedians. I think there's a lot of people talk about comics as if they're selfish and monstrous, but it's to provide addiction services, you know, and mental health and grants to people in comedy who have you were having heard going through hard times financially and health wives. I was gonna be on the show, I had to leave town suddenly for work, so I'm sorry to missing myself. But it's a great lineup and I want to recommend it.
Speaker 1: Go check it out. Is there a work of media, Josh, that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, I'm really trying to savor the last season of what we do in the Shadows, and you know what, under a little under the radar we're talking to underrated. Earlier, I liked Bad Monkey on Apple Plus. If anybody watched that, it's like Vince Vaughan as a disgrace detective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, got the old magic back Baby.
Speaker 3: I thought I was kind of over his whole thing, and then I watched this and was like, oh, he's kind of fun as like a Haggard washed up guy that's still smug and talks fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think didn't Trump appoint him to lead the National Endowment for the Arts.
Speaker 3: That's right, We're in a true renaissance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miles, where can people find is their work media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, find me everywhere. When they got AD symbols, including blue sky I'm on the blue skis also because uh yeah, yeah, gotta gotta have your eyes on all the exits. So yeah, check me out there. It's also Miles of Gray. Shout out to all the zeitgang that's been following. Also, hit me up if you want an invite to the Discord. I can get you that, but you gotta reach out and I will respond. But yeah, find me in those places. Also find Jack and I talking basketball Miles and Jack ibat Boostie's. And I am also escaping reality by watching reality television talking about ninety day fiance on four twenty day fiance with Sofia Alexander. So check me out there. My tweet I like is from at Brian gar that tweeted fuck your feelings, but also please come to Thanksgiving. We miss you and our vote had nothing to do with you, honey, it feels very much the vibe right now.
Speaker 1: You're I don't think I have any media I've been enjoying. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find me on Blue Sky at Jack ob.
Speaker 2: One the Number One.
Speaker 1: You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeichgeist. We're at the Daily Zeichgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fanpage on a website Daily Zeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnote note we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Miles was sung.
Speaker 1: Do we think people might enjoy it?
Speaker 2: Again? Looking for music that transports us to places that doesn't feel like now or here. This is a track by a group called The Shack or the Shacks Sorry, and it's called Trip to Japan, and it's just it's just a really great track. Like they they talk about they describe their music as quote soundtrack to a mysterious alternate reality, and that's what you get, Like it's the people who are like are part of this? Have you know played with like bands like L Michael's Affair who I've suggested before. It's full out there and it's really nice. The vocalists is really super dope, so check this out. It feels like a trip to Japan Music League, So trip to Japan by the Shacks. Check it out.
Speaker 1: Is it spelled like the s h q s?
Speaker 2: No? Yes? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Not the shakeels?
Speaker 1: Now okay, all right, we will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily Zeus is the production of by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcaster, or wherever fine podcasts are given.
Speaker 2: Away for free.
Speaker 1: That is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then bye bye