Speaker 1: Welcome everybody.
Speaker 2: It is the KSR pre Show Friday, May sixteenth. I'm Shannon the Dude being joined by Billy Relige, and you can give us a call on the Clark's Pumping Shot phone line eight five to nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven be our whiskey Thief call of the day. You can also send us a text at five zo two two sixty five six sixty five six. And the ksrpre Show is always being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington, Billy. When I came into the studio this morning, there was a half drink coke can that said share a coke with dude. So I'm not sure if that was like intentionally left there for me like they were whoever left it was leaving like the rest the other half of the coke for me, or if they just didn't pick up after themselves. I'm gonna guess it's probably they just didn't pick up after themselves, because that's usually the way it goes around here.
Speaker 1: But I couldn't help but notice that, and I didn't drink.
Speaker 2: I didn't take a drink out of it, because you know, you don't drink after other people.
Speaker 3: Bill Well, I like to think Dwight Whitten just had a coke and took a swig and then decided he wanted to share it with you.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: You know there was a time where coke put the names or put names on their bottle, and so if you they're doing that, you had to share.
Speaker 2: A coke, that's right, Yeah, Yeah, that's that's that's part of the same campaign that they're bringing batcha.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kind of a smart thing though, right, because even if you don't want coke and it says share a coke with Billy, You're like, you feel like you've got to buy that coke because it has your name on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, exactly. It's kind of like you go to the keychain store and you look for through all the keychains to see if your name is normal enough to be made into one. Did you have all those when you were a kid? I had one? Oh yeah, yeah, of course, but there weren't a ton of Williams. It was more Billies that I had to get. But I've never had a problem drinking after somebody. Shannon, you might find that a little gross or weird, but you know, I've never had an issue. I never had to waterfall a drink after somebody drank it. I would just say, hey, you know what, you're just sharing a coke. I'd like to have some.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm not drinking a coke after somebody, but like, you know, if it's if it's uh, let's say it's some silk velvet whiskey and somebody has like a you know, sip they've taken off of it, I might, you know, take a sip off of it because I'm going it's alcohol.
Speaker 1: It'll burn all the germs away.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's true or not, but that's how I rationalize it in my mind.
Speaker 3: Well, they say, you know, you can put a little whiskey or bourbon on a wound and killed the germs. I did have to have an intervention once, as I was a frequent double dipper. People apparently frown on double.
Speaker 2: No, you can't be that guy at the party. You know, you take a chip, you dip it in there, you take a bite off of it.
Speaker 3: I still got more shape.
Speaker 2: Know, you got to go off the other side that you haven't touched it or you haven't bitten.
Speaker 3: Off of You can't be that guyer name. I'm not anymore. I'm not anymore Shannon. I'm a I've grown up. But yeah, that was a thing that I've learned that you can't do too much or people are gonna get mad.
Speaker 2: Yesterday's KSR show, Billy felt it felt like an old school show for me. Matt was here in the studio, hit me made a rare appearance in Louisville. And you know, if you're a longtime listener, that's the way we used to always do the show, you know, nine times out of ten the back in the old days before ks BARR was a thing, Matt would be in the Lobal studio with me, and then Ryan and Drew would be in Lexington and that's how we would do the show every day. So having Matt in here kind of kind of felt like one of those one of those old school.
Speaker 1: Shows for us yesterday.
Speaker 2: But the interrupting the callers ends today, all right, So if you're calling in today, all I could say to you is good luck. You probably aren't gonna get a word in on the show, but well, yeah we'll let you talk here on the pre show though, eight five nine to eight twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 3: It'll be a triumphant day of cutting off callers for Matt. I'm sure he's waited patiently. Did we get Bob and Jamestown in the first segment?
Speaker 2: The first segment, we never seched calls in the first segment, Matt took Bob and Jamestown and let him speak his peace during the first segment.
Speaker 3: You know, I didn't hear a ton of the show yesterday because I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to help with the technical difficulties. But about the one minute or thirty seconds I did hear of the show yesterday, was you singing the alphabet song? Yeah, the letter m the munch Munch munch letter m I'm glad Mom starts with him, or something like I'm glad.
Speaker 2: You caught that, because that was that was the highlight of the show as far as concern.
Speaker 1: Now, did you have the letter people here?
Speaker 2: Here's well, first of all, before I ask you about that, the reason all this thing, this conversation came up, was because Matt was talking about driving around in Louisville yesterday and there was like kindergarten graduations going on, and he's very anti kindergarten graduation, because his thing was, you haven't learned anything yet, you haven't accomplished anything. And my argument was, well, yeah, you have. You learned your colors in kindergarten. You also learned your letters because of the letter people. And I mentioned the letter people on KSR and they all looked at me like I had three heads, like what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: And you know, Matt's a.
Speaker 2: Little bit older than me, Drew's a little bit younger than me, Ryan's a lot older than me. So I didn't expect Ran to know what the letter people were. But I was kind of surprised that Drew or Matt neither one of them knew what the letter people are. I thought everybody grew up with the letter people. Did you grow up with the letter people in kindergarten?
Speaker 3: Not, Shannon, And I had to Google to make sure that I that I knew what you were talking about or not. I do remember in kindergarten, like learning my letters in the letters having faces on them, but none of the letters had songs like that, Shannon. We would have a day where like the entire day, you know, the letter of the day would be M and so we'd work with things that you know, start with them, and that's how you learn. But I mean, it sounds like that's kind of where you got your your love of singing from. Was the Letter People?
Speaker 1: You No, I don't think that was it.
Speaker 3: I think it just transitioned from Letter People to Stone Temple Pilot.
Speaker 2: It is just weird, like how certain things you remember because.
Speaker 1: You could ask me.
Speaker 2: You could ask me something about that, you know, what did you do yesterday? And I might remember, you know, eighty percent of it, but there's another twenty percent that I've already forgotten about that happened yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yet I can.
Speaker 2: Remember the song from when I was six or seven years old, just like it's just there, like I can just recall it at any time. And I haven't thought about that in probably thirty years, but yesterday, bring up the Letter People and I've got that song that's that's in my head for my childhood.
Speaker 1: It's kind of crazy how your brain works.
Speaker 3: It is weird what we remember. And I tell you one thing that's present in my mind often, and that was my grade school graduation Shannon. Let me tell you how much it meant to be as a kid. It wasn't even like that, Shannon. Twice a year the school would honor us with an award ceremony for everybody that was on the principal's list or on the honorall So whether you made all a's or all a's and b's, and so they'd call your name, you'd walk up, you get a little certificate, and you'd sit down and to the you know, to the Matt Joneses of the world, that maybe we need to do less of that. And that's just for the parents. But let me tell your fourth grade billy going up there to get his principals lists certificate. We'll always remember that and looking into the crowd and finding my parents. Man, it was a special moment. It was so don't I'm gonna I'm gonna say a cow quote here. You're not gonna steal my joint, Matt. These events are not for you. They are for are the parents and for the kid. You are not going to steal our joy in poo poo. The grade school graduations now preschool, yeah, I mean you're just breathing in and just picking boogers out of your nose, right like that's more of daycare.
Speaker 1: Yep, But what are you doing in kindergarten.
Speaker 3: Well, like kindergarten in grade school, you're starting to figure things out. You've got to have some social skills so you don't get kicked out of the school. So I think you are starting to learn a little bit.
Speaker 1: I was just giving Matt the other argument.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily disagree with Matt that kindergarten graduation is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I mean, I kind of agree with them.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to present the Devil's advocate, you know, side of things when I was talking about the letter people and you know, learning your colors. So let me ask you this, billy, what do you think is the earliest grade we should have a graduation for? I think I think we may have had like an eighth grade graduation. I think we did, But I never had like a preschool I never went to preschool to begin with. I never had a kindergarten graduation or a fifth grade graduation. I think I did have eighth grade. What do you think is the earliest we should have graduations?
Speaker 3: I think like third, fourth, fifth grade is a good time where recognizing achievements means a lot to the kids I do. I mean, kindergarten may be a little young. And then people were posting pictures of their kids in their graduation ceremonies and they've got you know, they're five years old. They got robes on, Shannon. Like, that's a little much. I get that.
Speaker 1: But the diploma's in their hands, the diploma.
Speaker 3: And they're like on the steps of a big building like they've gone out of their.
Speaker 1: Way to do it. They got a diploma in their hand. They can't even read it.
Speaker 3: Listen, you know, I'm pulling out the cell phone during stressful situations. That's just the new generation of parents, right. They want to get the photo ops. They want to have these memories and they'll thank themselves fifty years from now when they do have these memories. But yeah, I'm thinking like third or fourth grade. I think third grade is when they started doing multiplication table Shannon. And if you can multiplication tables, I think you do deserve a little credit.
Speaker 2: Come on, though, just because you know you're well, I mean, I know Ryan's still working on his eightes, but you really think that because you can multiply, that you deserve to get a capping gown. See my answer would be probably, I mean, really, in all honesty, probably high school, because that feels like you've accomplished middle school.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna do a little old more ceremony. Like does anybody not make it to high school? Sure? Sure, yeah, I'm sure there's some dropouts even before.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know, my grandparents back in the nineteen thirties only went to eighth grade, you know, and back then it was a big deal to get a you know, to go to high school. My thing is like, yeah, you deserve a diploma for graduating high school, but do you really deserve a diploma for getting by the eighth grade?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think even our middle school graduation was kind of, you know, ridiculous.
Speaker 3: A lot of dumb kids out there shaming. It's a good grade. It is an accomplishment for that.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, if I'm getting a diploma, it's like, okay, this is where you peak out.
Speaker 3: Okay, and at eighth grade, that's it, that's where you're going to peak.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you get a diploma, right, and then you know, there's a few people that get to be lucky enough to go to college, right, Like I was the first person I think in my family that graduated college, and that was a big deal. But you know, getting I thought, like getting to high school isn't that big of a deal. Like if if you accomplished getting by the eighth grade, I don't think it's that big of a deal that you need to go through a ceremony and get a diploma because you made it to freshman year of high school.
Speaker 3: I was doing ceremonies in second grade, and I did appreciate it. But like you know, a lot of times you graduate fifth and you go to a new school. Right you graduate eighth and then you go to a new school. It's not like that everywhere, but you know, and they want to recognize your achievements for the years that you've been there.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was a good sports radio topic. Matt comes in hot with his hatred of kids, and you know me, Shannon, I'm not I don't fall far from that tree, but I do remember my freaking second second grade graduation. So I'm gonna have to be on the other side here.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I want to transition to this. I don't really know how to make the transition. But Bill Belichick was on Good Morning American Morning graduating. There you go, that's the transition speaking of kids that just graduated high school, Jordan Hudson and her boy toy.
Speaker 3: Bill Belichick. He was on Good Morning America this morning. That's right, it's today.
Speaker 2: If you watch it, I did. It was about ten minutes long. The interview with Michael Strahan tell me, well, it was kind of honestly boring until like the last probably forty five seconds. He finally gets in, Like in the last minute of the interview, he finally kind of tries to tread lightly and ask about his personal life, and there was sort of an awkward moment. I feel like, and I don't know if this is going to translate on the air on the radio or not.
Speaker 3: But you can watch you've got audio oka.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but here it is.
Speaker 2: I want to play this for you, so so mute your your teams on the Yeah, you could do it, Okay, So here it is. This is Bill Belichick being asked about Jordan Hudson on Good Morning America This morning.
Speaker 1: Oh it's there. So what did Jordan mean to you?
Speaker 4: Well, we have good personal relationship. And you know I'm not talking about personal relationships, Michael.
Speaker 3: You know that, Okay, I know that could well I'm saying Are you happy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can you look happy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I never thought I thought i'd seen you doing yoga.
Speaker 2: Only only happy people do yoga. It was sort of a I feel like Bill's face kind of turned red a little bit when he started getting asked about Jordan Hudson. This, this whole story fascinates me. But it wasn't that. It wasn't nearly as good as well I thought it was going to be, because mostly it was about his book and his coaching career. Nobody cares too much for that interview too exactly. And she wasn't there, which is probably a good choice for all parties.
Speaker 3: In she wasn't off screen, and she was not there this morning. Now, you know, that photo is incredible, that yoga photo on the beach. I think there is part of me that believes Bill Belichick never knew that that photo was posted and circulated online the way that it did, going megaviral, right, But there is no way that he doesn't know about the you know, the storm that this story has become at this point, right, I mean, you have to. He's one of the greatest coaches of all time. He has to have the awareness that this story is not good for his legacy, you know, for North Carolina, for everything that he's got going on right now. So we're in damage control right now. And in the final parts of that interview, when he's finally asked about Jordan Hudson, I'm sure he did his face did get a little red and got a little embarrassed that he had to talk about it even more. I'm sure there's a lot of love between him and Jordan, but I've seen reports that she was around the Patriots facility for a couple of years Shannon when he was still there. I mean, this is this is somebody that he possibly met at nineteen years old, which is legal on an airplane. But I can understand why they don't want to talk about that. It's just been a lightning rod of a story for people like us, right because everybody seems to have an opinion on it. And it sounds like his former teammate Michael Strahan was throwing softballs too.
Speaker 2: He was trying to like trying to tread lightly, trying to bring it up, but he knew that it was going to be like a sensitive subject. Soon as he started talking about her. Bill Belichick kind of shut down. He's very like yep, yes, and then the line, only happy people do yoga, Coach, have.
Speaker 3: You ever done that on the on the beach done a couple of yoga with the significant other?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I haven't either.
Speaker 1: I have not done that.
Speaker 2: I'm still on my body app that I'm working out on every day, which working which, by the way, last night, Yeah, I've challenged you to come work out with me and do one of these which, by the way, I finished last night the Lift More program eight weeks. I'm finished with it now. But I'm telling you I feel great, feeling great. But I'm telling you, uh, this guy that leads these these workouts, like the guy that's you know, come on, you got it all right?
Speaker 1: Four more?
Speaker 2: I'm telling you my conspiracy theory is this guy is not lifting nearly as many pounds of weight that he that he puts on.
Speaker 1: I do not believe this.
Speaker 3: Oh you think he's got fake weights?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm saying this guy had he's working out with foam weights. Because we're doing the I'm doing these workouts, and he's doing the workouts and he's lifting more weight than I am, and he's over here talking through the entire workout.
Speaker 1: He's not out of breath or anything.
Speaker 2: And I'm over here, Billy, for my life, just trying not to have a heart attack, Like, don't, don't even try to talk to me, because I can't even get a word out. This guy's over here doing more weight than I am the same exercise and is talking through the entire thing. And my conspiracy theory is he's got foam weights. There's no way I'm not buying that this guy is in that much better shape than me. So is there any is there any chance, Billy, that we're being fooled by these people that we, you know, work out with on these apps, because I don't I don't believe this guy can lift that many weights, that heavy of weight and be able to talk through the whole thing.
Speaker 3: That's interesting. I've seen some of these fake weights where it looks exactly like a real one and it can be fake. But you know, I don't want to call this guy's integrity And I mean, well, now you're calling out I.
Speaker 2: Hate this guy, Joel Freeman. He talks through the whole thing. He makes these corny jokes, and I'm like, I'm not in your I'm not in the mood for your jokes, Joel. I just I just want to work out and get into shape. And here's the good thing about this workout, Billy. You do it, of two things will happen. Either you get in the best shape of your life or you'll dropped out of a heart attack. And I'm nearly had seven heart attacks in this workout, but I got through it.
Speaker 3: But it feels like a little like a peloton class, or you've got an instructor and you've got to follow along. But Shannon, I'd love to join you for one of these workouts. That's that's uh, that's not smoking mirrors. I'd love to join you for that.
Speaker 1: I would love to see if you can get through one of these.
Speaker 3: Well I can. The problem is is that, like I like to sit on my phone after Oh see, that's me. That was that was always my problem with working out.
Speaker 2: You go to the gym, you you bust out a few reps, you look at your phone, your buddy walks by, you start talking to them.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Ye. Next thing you know, ten minutes has gone by and you're like, oh, yeah, I need to work out some more.
Speaker 1: This thing. You're in and out in forty minutes, like.
Speaker 3: I've done an hour workout and maybe like twenty five minutes of actual work and yeah, you know what I mean, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: So and this guy doesn't give you, like any time to breathe, Like there's no like you're busting out twelve reps and he's like, all right, let's go to the next one.
Speaker 1: Like wait a.
Speaker 3: Minute, Like do I don't like that? I need to pause it? You can, but I feel like that's kind of cheating sometimes I have to though.
Speaker 1: I'm like, got enough of this guy.
Speaker 3: Already cheating with the fake weights, so you might as well cheat back a little bit. But glad to hear that you're you're through the program? Has it helped it all? At OVW? Can you feel it a little bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I train once a week at OVW, but I can, you know, throw around a little bit more weight than I used to. The main thing is just feeling better. You get to a certain age, you got to do it just for your own health, just so you feel better. You get out of bed every day. So okay, old man, Yeah, but anytime you want to come and join me, the invitation's always there. Eight five nine twenty two eighty seven We're going to take a break. We'll be right back, and we got to talk Kentucky baseball last night. Man, what a brutal way to lose one against Bandy. We'll talk about that to lead off the next segment coming up. Right, we are back. It is the KSR pre show. Well Third Out Blind right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels like I'm in the nineties.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: It was fun over it was fun opening up for them, but I didn't get to actually meet them, which I thought was kind of a little downer. They're gonna be playing Bourbon and Beyond Fest though, coming up in Louisville, so be able get to meet them them.
Speaker 3: I was there. I left two songs in after Third Eye Blind started. I was there to see Shannon the Dude and Alice Lougan.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, all right, So Kentucky last night, Man, what a way to lose the Yeah, they were up the entire game looked like they had the game under control against number nine ranked Vanderbilt. They're up seven to five. Bottom of the ninth, two strikes, two outs, two on, and the Vandy player hits a three run homer to walk it off and Bandy wins eight to seven. That's yeah, that's one of the more brutal losses I've seen in a long long time. But they got one more or actually two more next games tonight. I don't know if they're going to try to move that up or I know we got some bad weather coming in, so there's a chance they may try to move that game up today, but I think it's right now. Schedule for seven o'clock tonight for Game two.
Speaker 3: Caught the beginning of the game. I mean Kentucky scored three or four runs before they even had an out. I mean they was five to zero in the end of the first setting, and these guys were making a statement. I mean, Vandy's a team number nine in the country, who if they were to win all three games versus Kentucky, would put themselves in the conversation to host a regional So I mean they are they've got something to play for, just as Kentucky does. But heartbreaking. And we've seen this a couple times this year, right, We've seen some true gut punch losses for the Kentucky baseball team this year. You know, they really need probably one more win to feel confident about making that NCAA tournament pool. They'll have the SEC tournament in Hoover next week. But I actually posted a video this morning from that game at Billy R Sports where Ryan Schwartz got hit in the temple last night.
Speaker 1: Did you happen to see that part?
Speaker 2: I saw it and he just shrugged it off like no big deal, just took his base.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable. I mean, he just spun around and then looked at the guy on the mound. Thank god, like that wasn't a couple of inches over or like hit him directly on the face. That could have been a messy scene. But he got hit and then just looked and stared right through the pitcher.
Speaker 2: That was a pretty badass moment. Was you hit me in the temple? I'm calling for the trainer, possibly an ambulance if you hit me in the temple with a ninety six mile an hour fastball. He takes one right there and just like what that's supposed to hurt?
Speaker 1: What you're gonna do?
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to call Joel to get me up off the ground after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're right, though, I mean, well, I think Kentucky is in as of right now. I think even if they were to get swept and lose the next two games they're in, but you're right to be to feel comfortable about it. I think you need one more so maybe they can. Hopefully they can get that later on today.
Speaker 3: But hopefully these close games, I mean they help them in the postseason this year. I mean, they're gonna be no stranger to the pressures of winter go home and so you know, they they've got some good starters, but you know, the bullpen's got to improve. Tyler Bell has just been magnificent this year. So when he came up with the bases loaded and won out and grounded into a double play, you can't fault the guy too much for it. But you know, I've got confidence in Minjion Man. You remember his back was against the wall, he was on the hot seat, and then he I think they're about to make their third straight in tournament. So you know, best of luck for this team moving forward, and another big two big games left versus Andanerd.
Speaker 2: I'll be watching those two. Will you be watching any of the Preakness on Saturday? No?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, because I'm trying to get into horse racing, Shannon and be that guy but like, because the derby winner is not racing, what interest do I have it to the casual horse race?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean well, I mean I'm with you. I'm with you on that. But here's what you could do. You could put some money down the horse app. Yes me right, Hey, bet five dollars on the DK horse app. It is the number one downloaded horse betting app. And you can do it with promo code KSR. If you're a new customer, you sign up, you're throwing that promo code KSR.
Speaker 1: You bet five dollars or more on a horse to win.
Speaker 2: And if your horse ends up winning, you're gonna get your share of a one hundred and fifty thousand dollars prize pool. I don't know how much that comes out to at the end, but you're gonna get your part of that one hundred and fifty thousand dollars prize pool when you sign up with promo code KSR and bet five dollars or more on the Preakness only on DraftKings, the Crown is yours gambling problem. Call wining one hundred gambler eighteen plus twenty one plus in certain states to open, own or access and advanced deposit wagering account and resident of state where DK horses available.
Speaker 1: Eligibidy restrictions apply.
Speaker 2: Void We're prohibited opt in and place a five dollars or more straight win bet on the Preakness. First Eligible bet only must win to share one hundred and fifty thousand dollars prize pool. Cash reward via click to claim expires in thirty days, ends on May seventeenth. See terms at dkhorse dot com. Slash bet, slash offers, slash details. We're going to take a break. We'll come right back. Take your phone calls. It is the KSR pre Show.
Speaker 1: A right welcome back.
Speaker 2: It is the KSR pre Show dealing with some technical difficulties.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be the best fee here.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: Seems like it's like the studio's on fire in the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: All you can do is laugh about it. Eight five, nine, two eighth, twenty two eighty seven. At Shannon the Dude at Billy r Sports on Twitter, David Wright sen It says it's funny that Shannon and Matt we were not parents. The way they fill about graduations, you'd probably have a different opinion if you had kids of your own, life is different as a parent. Look, there's no doubt. I do not doubt that life is different as a parent. But do I think that we should celebrate every time they graduate or move on from one grade to another.
Speaker 1: Should we have a graduation for it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to do that.
Speaker 2: Billy, if you had a kid, would you want to go to your kids kindergarten graduation?
Speaker 3: If it's my own kid, yes, If you're dragging me to somebody else's kids graduation, no, I mean I'm gonna try to get out of there as quickly as possible.
Speaker 2: See, I'm gonna explain to my kid, Look, you got their graduation. That's great, but you didn't accomplish anything.
Speaker 1: WHOA, that's what you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna tell your kids.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, Look, you've got a long road ahead of you. You've got a bright future. We're gonna opt out of the kindergarten graduation, all right. My kid's gonna be a badass. It's gonna opt out of the kindergarten graduation.
Speaker 1: It's gonna go.
Speaker 3: I don't need this, all right, we don't have time for graduations. Get back in the pumpkin field, little dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna teach us something. Teach us in real life lessons instead of kindergarten graduation. Corey, he writes in before we get to you. Uh, he said, I had a fifth and eighth grade graduation that they played I Believe I Can Fly by R. Kelly at my fifth grade graduation. That didn't age. Well, No, it did not, Corey, it did not at all.
Speaker 3: What a great song. That was great for momentous occasions like graduations. There's still or eat from listeners. On the text line five O two two six five six six five six, one person says the wrestler who throws fake punches is getting awfully triggered by a guy using fake weights.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, fake punches. No, those punches are real. You step in the ring. I mean you're gonna get hit in the phase. I don't know how to throw a fake punch, So when I'm throwing a punch into the wrestling ring, you're getting potatoed.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. The chair wasn't fake when you get that out in underneath the ring.
Speaker 1: Top of the that there are the punches.
Speaker 3: By the way, the punches are a little held back.
Speaker 1: Let's say, what's this okay.
Speaker 2: Another person says, any graduation before high school is unnecessary.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. Before high school, it's unnecessary. So we can't celebrate accomplishments until we're eighteen.
Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 2: This person goes on to say, all these people who have graduations before that grow up soft like Billy.
Speaker 3: Oh stop, I didn't know I was getting called out.
Speaker 2: In the same text, those unnecessary graduations have created a weak generation of Americans.
Speaker 3: That's from an anonymous generation Americans. Anonymous. Yes, yeah, good thing. You didn't put your name on it, anonymous. There's the tea break. There's the text right there, regeneration like Billy, give me a break, eight five, nine, twenty two eighty seven. Let's go to the phones.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Robert. What's up, Robert? How are you?
Speaker 5: Hey? Guys? As far as the baseball team goes, I don't I don't think there's anything to worry about. I think they're in THEANCYC this year. You've got ten teams that played Missouri and you got five that didn't. So when you take those Missouri wins that everybody's got out, the Cats record looks a lot better. Uh, those three wins except for Texas A and M that they got it are just you know, it really bounces out everything if you take out the Missouri wins the right guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you read the the Joe Lonardies of baseball out there, from everything that I've read, bracketology, yeah, they have bracketology for everything now. But from everything that I've read, they are in as of right now, projected to be in. But yeah, I mean it would be good to grab one against the number nine team in the country. Yeah, so if they you know, last night gave me a little bit of hope, even though Vandy was throwing a guy that they hadn't started all year a freshman.
Speaker 1: But we'll see what happens later.
Speaker 5: I couldn't Okay, see you guys, Yep, thanks.
Speaker 1: For the call, Robert.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Yeah, it's unbelievable. They may make the NCAA tournament and be below five hundred and SEC play just kind of goes to show you how good that conference is.
Speaker 2: We've been talking a lot about baseball this week with the Pete Rose stuff with Kentucky baseball, and I wanted to talk about this on Monday. We just ran out of time, and we've had a form of this conversation before, Billy. But I was watching a game the other day, Major League Baseball, and I was thinking, you know, my like knowledge of a lot of Major League Baseball only goes back to like my childhood, so you know, nineteen ninety two forward. And I started thinking about, like all these old baseball players that have you know, long since passed on, like Babe Ruth, these guys that hold all these records.
Speaker 6: Jack.
Speaker 2: I started thinking, like, you know, the game of baseball has evolved a lot over the years, But how fast were pitchers throwing back in Babe Ruth's day? And I looked it up, and on average they were throwing eighty five, which is a big difference from today. By the way, the average pitch today in Major League Baseball is ninety five miles an hour.
Speaker 3: You know, ninety five is the average average?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, And you know pitchers, of course, have you know, better breaking balls and just just better pitchers overall in general. But it got me to thinking, could Babe Ruth be a good player in today's game?
Speaker 1: Like if you took Babe Ruth and you gave.
Speaker 2: Them access to all the things that Major League Baseball players have today?
Speaker 1: Would he still be a Hall of Famer?
Speaker 2: And I read an article that was sort of debating why he wouldn't be good. I sort of have the opposite opinion of that, Billy, But what's your opinion. Could a guy like Babe Ruth, Let's say you took him, you gave him access to everything that Major League baseball players have today, that includes nutrition.
Speaker 1: I know, like the big argument was, Babe Ruth was a fat guy.
Speaker 2: And did you know that, according to like the stories of Babe Ruth, he would sit in the dugout and drink a six pack of coke or soda in every game?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I did not know that, Like, you wouldn't be doing that in today's game, right, everything's about health.
Speaker 1: Nutrition.
Speaker 2: But do you think that Babe Ruth, if he had access to all the things that the players have today, bats, the whole thing, do you think he could be a Hall of Famer today?
Speaker 3: Wow, that's an interesting question because your caveat of you know, the nutrition aspect of it, the like the modern facilities. Could he turn into somebody that could be a Hall of Fame er? Sure, but that doesn't guarantee success, right, I mean I think of a guy in a different sport, like Zion Williamson, who I mean, He's got all the facilities and the people telling him what to do, but he's still fat, Shannon, Like, he still can't get to a point where he can stay healthy and stay on the court. So it doesn't guarantee success, no, But you know, like, is the babe putting up the same numbers if Pedro Martinez is throwing a ninety two mile per hour slider in his face? Shannon, You know, I don't think so. I mean, the babe, the Great Bambuino, he played in a time where blacks didn't play, when Hispanics weren't playing. I mean, it was a completely different time. So I think if you just dropped him in today's game, he'd be a lot worse than what we saw. But you know that's a little unfair to the babe, right, because everything evolves, and naturally you go back and watch a basketball game from the eighties, Shannon, You're like, it looks like a different sport. They're dribbling up here, you know what I mean, Like they wouldn't survive in today's age. So I don't think it's you know, it's only babe that would struggle if he were in the modern age. But could he become somebody that that it had some discipline, didn't smoke cigars, didn't drink cokes in the dugout. Yeah, he could become into a Hall of Famer. But if you were to just say take him as he is, would he find success in the league today? And I would probably say no.
Speaker 1: Well, see, I would agree with you on that.
Speaker 2: Like if you took out of shape Babe Ruth from back then when there was not really a big emphasis on fitness and they weren't really paying attention to what they were putting in their body, then yeah.
Speaker 1: He would be too slow. He wouldn't be able to run the bases.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think that Babe Ruth back then, you drop him in today's game would be very successful. But again, let's just assume that he's not going to be overweight, and then he still has the same hand eye coordination, Billy. I mean to me, that's what it comes down to. Do you have the hand eye coordination to hit a baseball? Babe Ruth clearly had that. So I think that even though pitches are a lot fatter, straw on average than they wore back then. I think that he would still have the raw talent to be able to succeed in the game today.
Speaker 3: Give him some new equipment, maybe a new torpedo bat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bay Ruth is a torpedo bat.
Speaker 3: Come yeah. So you know there are some things that could translate through generations. Sure, and and for him to be considered one of the best baseball players of all time, he had to have.
Speaker 2: That talent, right, so naturally you think they could translate. And that was the biggest argument was that he was out of shape. Okay, we'll whip them into shape. You know, I don't think he's going to be on the team. You know, like there's a few exceptions, I guess over you know, the last thirty years, you know of guys that were just out of shape that were baseball mov on. Big dude, Big Poppy. Big Poppy was probably in better shape than what you thought.
Speaker 3: But he was a Mets pitcher. Bartolo Cologne a home run that was like a national story there for.
Speaker 1: A week after he did. David Wells out a beer belly.
Speaker 3: David Wells just hung over the day he threw his perfect game. You haven't seen that story.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, so so my consensus is, yes, Babe Ruth would still be a Hall of Famer if he had access to everything that players have access to today.
Speaker 3: I like to think if Elie de la Cruz went back to the nineteen thirties or twenty Shannon and what they think about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would even be fair. But I'd be like.
Speaker 3: An alien coming down. And some of the things that he can do on a baseball diamond. I mean, he's got the records for like the fastest ball speed, you know, throwing from the outfield or from shortstops. So it's incredible what he's been able to do. And the Red still can't win.
Speaker 1: All right, So I'm looking forward to this next call.
Speaker 2: You know, yesterday, Billy, we had Tristan come on and give you a tarot card reading.
Speaker 1: And Tristan's back again.
Speaker 2: Today he's back and he's I think he's got another tarot card that he's gonna flip over.
Speaker 3: Is this going to be for me today, Tristan? Is that what we're doing?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this one's for you. But first I wanted to back up and say I looked at my notes and the day after the Oakland game yesterday. I actually pulled a card called the Hangedman, and it depicts a person hanging upside down by their feet, and it's all about how you should get a new perspective in order to ford forward and be happy.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well general enough. I guess that worked, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, got it. Okay, So what's so what's my car today?
Speaker 4: Yes, I've got to go in for you today. And it's just going to take this one second. So I'll pull the three of one's and if you want to look on Google is the three of ones. Put the word writer R A D E R will pull the right one anyway. So the this is a little bit about transition, and I think this is gonna be perfect for you, Shannon. So the Ace of Ones is about, you know, it's like regular playing cards ace up through ten than face.
Speaker 3: Cards ones or ones.
Speaker 4: Like one W A N D S one one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: A one anyway. So the Ace of Ones is about you know, the it's a fire symbolism. It's about you know, it's a it's a picture of a hand coming from heaven saying here, take this fire energy and make it the light and guide of your life and actions. The two of ones is about a person standing on like the edge of the castle, looking out over the world, and that is like your preparation. You're getting ready to walk out into the world. The three of ones, this is the one I pulled for you today, Shannon. I think this is perfect for you because this is a person standing on the river. He's holding onto a one that is attached to the ground, but he's looking out thinking about his future. And so I apply it to you this way. So you have been a rock DJ for twenty years, you are comfortable in that career, you are you are grounded in that way. However, you're now with a rock band with Alice Blueground. You guys are putting out original music. You know in your own way. If you're probably thinking about trying to go on tour, trying to do something with that band. But yet you are still firmly rooted in your world today because you know it's safe, it's comfortable, but you want to go out and do something else. And so the three of one's is that calling to go out and do something else with your life. Because the four of ones is about the completion the attainment of that act. So I think you're standing on the precipice ready to jump, but are you there yet? And that's the question that the three of Wanes ask you today.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is very insie pull trusting, much better than Billy's feminine card that you pulled yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was emotional and feminine and Shannon's ready for the future. Tristan, that does seem right.
Speaker 2: Hey, he can't help it, man, the tarot does what it does. He just pulled a card. That's right, trusting, great call, Thank you for the call. We'll make you the whiskey thing call of the day. We'll making the whiskey thief call today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I call bs on that one. I mean, we all got something we're looking forward to in the future, Shannon and some of us just have brighter futures than others. It's the three of ones. How did I get the feminine card yesterday? The standing on the precipice and that's just your Yeah, are you ready to quit this and be a rock band lead singer?
Speaker 2: Bo I mean I can do both. I feel like I've been doing both for the last three years.
Speaker 1: Just fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so well not not when you go big time, and you start toring and that rider list becomes a little bit harder to get.
Speaker 2: Man, we're taking more bookings, by the way, so hit us up if you want us to come play.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll do the Kentucky tour. At least I can stay close to home. Three of ones the ones.
Speaker 2: I thought he was saying the three of ones at first, so I have to look that card up later. All right, we're gonna take a break A five, nine, two, eight, twenty two eighty seven. We're gonna go back to the phones. Take your calls for the final segment of the KSR pre show, The guide to making all parents upset, tell them that their child's kindergarten graduation doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: And this song makes me sad. I was so soft getting raised with graduations and awards ceremonies. What's wrong with my generation?
Speaker 2: So we have opinions coming in on whether or not Babe Ruth could succeed in today's game of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 3: On the text line, I loved this one. One person said Babe Ruth would get cut from the tryouts at Tates Creek High School today.
Speaker 1: No, he wouldn't know, He wouldn't.
Speaker 3: The baby you just put you just trans transplanting him as he is today. I don't think he's getting cut.
Speaker 2: That's not the day though. No, we're gonna take Babe in. We're gonna put him on a strict diet. We're gonna get them into the weight room. He's gonna be a machine. He's gonna be like a Abe's gonna be on body. Yeah, he's gonna be working out on that. You're gonna be eating salads. And don't tell me that Babe Ruth wouldn't succeed in today's world. I don't believe it. A little bit of football Billy, listen to the show on this we're a hundred days away from college football and I can't remember a quieter time ever in Kentucky football for an offseason that what we've had this year. And you can look at that, I guess from either side of the coin. You can look at it as Okay, well they're coming off a four and eight season, but they're gonna be better this year. And Mark Stoops is just reading the room. He realizes that nobody wants to hear from him because fans are going to say, well, you know, we'll believe it when we see it, so maybe that's the reason that he's being quiet, or you can look at it on the other side of the coin and go, he's being quiet because he realizes this team is in a lot of trouble and it's going to be another bad year, so he's not going to try to hype up the team too much. Which side do you tend to believe when it comes to why it's been so quiet for the football team this offseason.
Speaker 3: I think it's a little bit of a little Wayne Little John Caliperry, real geez moving silence like Lasagna. I mean they you know, for a couple of years there they were pounding their chests, talking about coaches doing their TikTok dances and their sunglasses and and you know Stoops is a victim of his own success, right, I Mean the standard was Music City Bowls when he got here, maybe even a little less than that. And now you've got to win seven, eight, nine games before fans are satisfied. But I think he's this is just kind of the opposite of what they've done over the last couple of years. I don't think it's Mark seeing the riding on the wall or not thinking his team's talented enough, because these guys are competitors. Man, They're passionate about what they do, and I don't think they go into any situation thinking that they've lost before they've even begun. So I just think it's it's a natural correction after the chestiness of the last couple of years. But I'm not gonna lie and act like I'm not worried, Shannon. I mean, you guys were talking about Toledo the other day, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if we're the game that is, if we're not worried about Toledo and Vanderbilt, that shows you how far the team has fallen back down.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: That sounds like conversation we were having during the joke or Phillips Sarah and.
Speaker 3: Old Miss is gonna be ready to go? And Kentucky essentially knocked them out of the playoffs last year with their wins, So I mean, it's gonna be an interesting first couple weeks of the year, and then you know, if they can get through that, we maybe one in one to a zero in a in a in a dream, then then maybe we can start to get excited again. But I'm with you, it's kind of wait and see if this.
Speaker 2: Stoops is kind of in the situation to where if he talks, fans are just gonna criticize it and go, we don't believe it, And then when he doesn't talk, we go, why isn't he talking?
Speaker 3: It's a tough Yeah, he's he's.
Speaker 2: Kind of like in a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't type situation, because if he's not talking, we're wanting him to talk, and then he wanted When he does talk, fans are going, we don't want to hear it.
Speaker 1: You know, enough talk, Why don't you give us some results?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you know what helps with that is the millions of dollars he makes every year.
Speaker 1: That's true. So that's true.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to lose too much sleep over you know, Stoops being in a tough position with the media, No doubt. I think these questions have been fair, you know what I mean? Like that's it's not been good over the last Real Quick over under four and a half wins this season. I saw this over under I'm gonna go over. But I don't know if they get to boiligibility Shannon, I'm thinking five, it's the magic number. I'm kind of I think stoop survives five. Yeah, I think he does too. I don't think he survives four.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great line because I think four he's out. Five it's just enough to hang on to keep your job. Four is not accepted. Five's not not acceptable really. But if he goes five and seven with this schedule, I think he gets a pass four, there's no way.
Speaker 1: Let's go to logan. What's up Logan?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, since you brought me in on it, I'm gonna say he gets to stick. Don't ask me.
Speaker 5: Who he upsets.
Speaker 6: That's just kind of what I'm feeling.
Speaker 5: What I wanted to.
Speaker 6: Say, though, was I graduated with a degree in psychology, and I also have my own child, so I'm going to weigh in a little bit. I so my son, for example, just registered for preschool. My wife is going crazy. I'm like, yeah, you know, good for him, he's about to start fourteen years of torture. But as are as people undermining you know, kindergarten graduations, fifth grade, eight grade, things like that, that's just such a mindset of a heartened adult who has experienced kind of the lows and transgressions of lives, where if you're in the place of these five year olds, you're thinking, hey, I did it. Like this is the greatest thing they've accomplished so far because they've learned reading, writing, They've started going through processes of eliminations and how to like work out lives problems, and those are like fundamental, you know, skillful in it for life.
Speaker 2: I hate to logan, we're at the end of the show. I hate to cut you off, but but.
Speaker 3: That takes stuff Logan. That's that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: They're going to getting cut off no more. Uh Matt Jones just letting people talk.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? He's gonna get to cut him off today quick.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. See it