Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is verdict was Center, Ted Cruz Ben Ferguson with you, and on debate nights, we get to do a joint podcast, which is really fun for both of us and Center. You just watched it, We got to watch it together, you got to commentate on Hannity afterwards. And your initial takeaway from this debate, I thought JD had a pretty good night.
Speaker 3: He had an excellent, excellent night. It is eleven five pm, just after the debate. As you noted, I just finished doing Hannity and talking about the debate. I think this was a good night for America. The winner of the debate tonight was Donald Trump. The loser of the debate tonight was Kamala Harris. Yeah, both candidates I think did an effective job. Tim Waltz was frankly better than I expected, but he had a very difficult case to make because his job was to defend Kamala Harris's record. And the reason that I think it was such a good night for Trump is I think JD did a good job of prosecuting Kamala Harris's actual record. She is desperately, desperately, desperately trying to run away from her record. Trying to hide in the basement. And tonight the contrast was made between the incredible successes on the border, on the economy, on foreign policy under Donald Trump as compared to the incredible failures on the border, on the economy, on foreign policy under Kamala Harris and and and that stark divide was there. I think Tim Waltz tried mightily to pretend the record didn't exist. But but but there were some rough moments because he couldn't deny reality. And and and it really goes to the to the fundamental core conceit of the Kamala Harris campaign, which is she is trying to live in this alternate reality where she is the change candidate and Donald J. Trump is the incumbent president, and that is not in fact the planet on which we live. And I think j did a good job multiple times of saying, if she has all these policy proposals, why isn't she doing any of them now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the last three and a half years.
Speaker 3: And Walts has no answer to that other than well, well, what's happening now isn't working, so that's the problem.
Speaker 2: There was one funny part of the debate that I laughed and it was when he was talking about how none of the wall was actually built, and then it was like he realized, oh wait, maybe I don't want to go that far with this point, because she's got an ad out showing down on Trump's wall, and he was like he kind of backpedaled on.
Speaker 1: He's like, well, you guys didn't build much of that wall.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, now, didn't she just say, didn't know you're here to represent just say we got to have a secure border, build a wall.
Speaker 3: Well, and you could tell that Waltz was uncomfortable defending Kamala's record because he kept trying to go back to Minnesota over and over again. Yeah, look at what I've done in Minnesota. Look at what I've done in Minnesota. It's like, wait a second, you're not the candidate for president. Kamala Harris says, she's been the vice president. And I thought, in particular, the strongest moments of the debate were on economics and the impact for working men and women, that that just people's lives are harder, that the cost of everything has gone up, the cost of food, the cost of healthcare, the cost of uh gasoline. And I thought on the cost of housing. I think jd Vance made a good point of Look eleven and a half million illegal immigrants, do you think that's driving up the cost of housing? And I will say two of the losers tonight were sitting in the moderator chairs and and and that they they seem to be trying to topple prior moderators for the biggest partisan hacks of a debate. I thought CBS's moderators, Nora O'Donnell and Margaret Brennan did did a terrible job. Uh, there is not a person in the universe who watched this debate who has any doubt.
Speaker 1: For the voting for either one of them. Is like that, none whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the best part was you and I were watching together, and it's fun to watch these things together because I was sitting there. One of the things that made me laugh was when they did their hands off to each other. It was like, thinking, we have to make we have so many important they think back over to you. It was like I was watching Anchorman outtakes, and it was like, we are so official journalistic here, and we're gonna be wonky. And and then they would immediately go back in their hardest in their partisan hackery, which was when they muted him.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, no, that was wow. That really was a moment.
Speaker 2: I tweeted, I said when that happened, I tweeted, I was like in communist countries they mute microphones. They just did it during the Vice president of debate that if you want to know if the state sponsored media, Yeah, they just did it.
Speaker 1: I really was waiting for them.
Speaker 3: You know, you made the Acreman equip as we're watching the debate, and I was really waiting for one of them to lean over as Ron Burgundy and say, screw you, Sandiego And I'm cleaning the language up a little bit from the actual line of the movie. But but it was number one, stilted, they're moderating number two. It was incredibly smart me and condescending you. Their entire attitude is we know better than all of you. And by the way, the things they interrupted, they were supposed to not do fact checks. When they did do them, they were wrong and they were completely self satisfied. And the moment when they cut off JD. Vance's microphone was pitiful. It was nakedly biased. It was hackery. It was nothing but partisan hackery. And I think CBS really got a black eye.
Speaker 2: I think that could hurt them for real when it comes to people watching, and it's really hard to defend that they were nonpartisan when they did that. Let me tell you about our friends of our Patriot Mobile real quick. Americans are tired and frustrated by selling economy and inflation in the INDUS Wars, and they're relentless assault on our values. We talk about this on the show all the time. Well, thankfully there are companies like Patriot Mobile that still believe in America and our constitution. Now, Patriot Mobile does something that's amazing as a company. They actually give about five percent of your bill back every single month to organizations that support our First and our Second amendments, the sanctity of life, and our military, our first responder heroes and our wounded warriors. So I want you to take a stand with conservative causes and switch to a company that's fighting for your values. That is why I love Patriot Mobile. I have Patriot Mobile. I use them, and they have a coverage guarantee because in twenty twenty four ward technology, everybody uses the same cell towers all over the country. So check them out and see what they can do for your bill price as well.
Speaker 1: Many times they can save you money.
Speaker 2: And then when you make a phone call, you know you're making a difference in sending up for what you believe in. You also may not know that Big Mobile where you are now, they give massive donations to democratic causes, candidates and organizations, including organizations that pay and support abortion. So go to Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict. That's Patriot Mobile dot com slash verdict. Call them nine to seven to two Patriot and you're gonna get a free month when you use the offer code verdict that's Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict or nine to seven to Patriot right now to get a free month when you use the offer code vertict Centaer. I want to go back to the beginning of the debate, and the first question coming into the debate was one I think we all knew it was going to be on Israel and the attack on Israel from Iran, and Waltz was very, very very nervous, you could tell, but he also didn't know what to do because there's a hard part of the of the Democratic Party, especially him in Minnesota with the extremists there that hate Israel and they're the ones that are protesting and supporting the terrorists. And when he came out, he had a little bit of an oops. Listen carefully.
Speaker 4: I ran our Israel's ability to be able to defend itself as absolutely fundamental getting its hostages.
Speaker 2: Back it's hostages. But I was like, come on, man, you got to do a little bit better than this. But it tells you where the Democratic Party is right now. They don't want to come out into fa Israel too much, but they know they have to defend him on the face tonight.
Speaker 1: And it was this weird, awkward moment for him.
Speaker 3: Well, and look, he had a talking point that was written for him for his handlers, by his handlers, that was to say, Israel has a right to defend itself and the hostages should be returned. And so those are the two sentences he was told to say. And then he immediately said, but we have to address the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, because that's really what the Democrat Party is worried about, is that too many Hamas and Hezbela terrorists are being killed. And so he had to throw that in. What he didn't say, you know what he didn't say a word about Iran attacking Israel, firing, not a word at Israel. Look, Iran just just pummeled Israel with missiles and that is a major escalation. Now Iran has been funding Hamas and funding Hesbel, that's been fighting through proxies. But this is now Iran directly attacking Israel. And the question he was asked, would he support Israel striking back? And you know what, he didn't answer. He'd not want to answer. He did not want to answer at all. And you know, critically the opening of his answer. Tim Waltz's answer was, this crisis began on October seventh.
Speaker 1: Well, that's actually wrong.
Speaker 3: This crisis began in January of twenty twenty one, when Joe Biden and Kamala Harris came in, when they began flooding one hundred billion dollars to Iran, That's when the crisis. And by the way, when they came in, remember what was happening. Just weeks before, we had peace flourishing in the Middle East. We had the Abraham Accords signed on the south lawn of the White House. I was there for the signing of the Abraham Accords. You know what not a single Democrat showed up for the signing of the Abraham Accords, not a single Democrat senator, not a single Democrat house member.
Speaker 1: I did not realize that none of them showed up. And that was the deal that dealt with the word they're obsessed with, which is peace.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, it was historic peace. It was the Arabs and the Israelis coming together and signing historic peace accords. And not only did no Democrats sign up at the signing end. Do you know what Joe Biden Kamala Harris instructed the State Department? What was that in writing? They said, you were not allowed to use the words Abraham Accords. Don't even call them what they were called. They were instructed to call them normalization agreements, but do not use apparently acknowledging Father Abraham as too much and anything that Trump did, they were not allowed to make reference to. But explicitly, the State Department was instructed, don't use the words Abraham Accords. So we went from historic peace, the first peace agreements signed between Israelis and Arabs in four decades, to suddenly Joe Biden and Kamala Harris come in and they start flooding cash into Iran, and Iran starts flooding cash into Hamas and Hezbola that paid for the death squads on October seventh, and Tim Waltz had.
Speaker 1: Not a word to say about that, not a word to.
Speaker 3: Say about the one hundred billion dollars that Kamala Harris gave as a gift to Iran. And you know what is still giving today today Joe Biden and Kamala Harris still refuse to enforce the oil sanctions against Iran. They are literally funding the missiles that were fired on Iran today. In a very real sense, Kamala Harris paid for those missiles.
Speaker 1: It's shocking.
Speaker 2: Also, the media when you're watching this, they didn't ask about sanctions. They also didn't ask about Herris and what the response should be from this administration, right because she's in the administration.
Speaker 1: To be fair, they did.
Speaker 3: Their question was, would you support a preemptive strike by Israel against Iran? In and now it's not actually preempted because it is in response for the attack. So the word pre is a loaded lefty word. It's not preemptive if you're defending yourself after you've been attacked. But that was the question they asked, and to be clear, when asked, would you support it? Tamala is the sitting VP, and we know Joe Biden is non COMPASSMENTUS. I don't know if he's passed out on the beach in Delaware or what he's doing.
Speaker 2: But he didn't spend almost two hours on the phone, he said this weekend talking about hurricane stuff.
Speaker 1: Almost two hours. Well, you know, and look, that's a lot of time for him.
Speaker 3: I believe that because when my girls were young, we had an app on the phone that was the wheels on the bus go round and round. And I believe he spent two hours on the phone, perhaps with an app like that.
Speaker 2: But the question that they should have asked was, are you guys, what would you do differently? What would you advocate for? What would you support sanctions? I mean you and I talked about this in our show on Monday. There was if and correct me if my numbers are wrong, but I'm quoting you. It was three hundred thousand barrels a day is what a RAM was producing when Trump was in office. It's now two million barrels.
Speaker 3: Well, and I wish JD had provided more specifics on that. That answer could have been tighter with more facts on it.
Speaker 2: The question I wish they would have asked them is both them like, hey, guys, are you would you right now? Should there move more sanctions or should they be enforcing the sanctions? Or even the question, hey, why is your running mate Kamala Harris not doing more to enforce the sanctions?
Speaker 1: They could stop a RAN from murdering Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: Yes, and that didn't come up tonight, which I was also shocked by because we talked about this again in Monday's pod. You have a RAN that's funding and recruiting assassins to takeout Donald Trump and other former leaders in our government, and as they're doing that, no one asked that question tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at it now.
Speaker 3: I will say a point that Jady made on this that was very effective is when he looked at the camera and he asked the American people, he said, think back in your lifetime, what president has not had a age or military conflict during his presidency? And he said, I'm forty years old, and there's only one president that you could answer yes to, and that is Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was a very effective point, and I think it probably made some people think and Waltz had no response to that other than well, well, but you know, I don't like Trump, and other people don't like Trump either. But the simple point that we had peace when Trump was president and we now have war, not just in Israel but in Ukraine. When you have a week in an effective commander in chief, that contrast was pretty stark.
Speaker 2: I also thought there was another narrative tonight that really got blown up, and that was the obsession by the media to label JD.
Speaker 1: Vance's strange or weird. He's a weird guy's odd.
Speaker 2: I think he came across as very likable, very normal, came across as a dad, and I think that also could help Donald Trump significantly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, Look, I think that's right. I will say one of the things that surprised me. I thought this debate was going to be nastier. You and I both said that before. You were like, dude, they don't like each other. We both knew that, but I thought it was going to be nasty too. Look, my sense is that they really dislike each other, although to be fair, I haven't talked to JD about that, so I don't know firsthand from him. It just the appearance from the media and the general milieu, as it appears that neither one of them likes each other. And so I thought, you know, i'd used an analogy that are going to be rolling around in the mud. This is gonna be a mud wrestling match, and it wasn't. And both of them, neither of them had even a single really nasty line, which which is a little surprising. If you'd asked me to bet beforehand, I would have I would have bet it's more likely that they each had a dozen nasty lines at each other than Toro and it. And in fact, both of them more than once praised the other one, which was an interesting I don't know if that how much of that was genuine, how much of that was strategic, how much of the campaign said, Look, your job is to be likable and relatable.
Speaker 1: But but and if it was, it was a great strategy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And and both did so multiple times, said said you know, look when when Tim Waltz described how his son had witnessed a shooting and which which I didn't know either, and that's that's horrific. You and I are both dads. I certainly wouldn't want our kids to see a shooting and I thought JD when it came back and said, Hey, I didn't know your son had done that. I'm really sorry. That's that's like horrible one, No one, that's horrible. That was real and genuine, and I thought, and there were moments back and forth for both of them like that.
Speaker 2: When you look at how this played out tonight, you and I have said this before and you go back in history, VP debates don't really usually matter. Does it matter a little bit more this time? Do you think because there was only one present debate number one and two? Because if Donald Trump is he's running for four years, right, there's no chance in eight years here? Does that change the perception of voters as well?
Speaker 3: Look damned if I know, I will say I think this probably mattered at the end of the day. Historically, VP debates don't matter much. If you think back to VP debates about the only time, I'm willing to guess you could only remember one moment, two moments from VP debates, you probably remember the fly landing on Mike Pence's head.
Speaker 1: And that will be seared into my brain forever.
Speaker 3: Yes, especially since Saturday Night Live had a giant fly and then they did a good join. They did a great job with that. But the only line I bet you you can quote, and you're about as much of a political junkie as anyone, is the only line I bet you you can quote is Lloyd Benson to Dan Quayle saying, I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was my friend, and Senator, you're no.
Speaker 2: Jude Kennedy bingo, and that that was a damn line.
Speaker 3: And that was that was what was that eighty eight or nineth that it was? It was Ducacus Benson. And by the way, dan Quayle and George Bush won. So it didn't change the outcome of election. It did kind of sear in public consciousness. That was one of the moments where where the caricature of Quail as a lightweight that that line it hurt him. It was clearly rehearsed, it was landed very effectively, which is why three decades later we're talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was also I think to find Dan Quail as a candidate on his own, yeah, which was sad well.
Speaker 3: And and the reason it was prepared is because Quail had been using as a talking point, you know, I'm the same age Jack Kennedy was because he was trying to say I'm not inexperienced and.
Speaker 1: He looked young if you remember, he looked really he was twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was Benson was very able to deliver that line.
Speaker 1: And it was.
Speaker 3: But historically VP debates have not moved votes one where or the other. I will say I was glad so for most of the debate, JD remembered that his target was Kamala Harrison, not Tim Waltz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said that a lot. He used her name a lot.
Speaker 3: And in fact, one of the better moments, and I want you to play this clip is it is where JD said said to Tim Waltz said, you've got a really tough job.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for how tough a job you have. And it was sort of it.
Speaker 3: It was damning him with faint praise because it was a backheaded shot at Kamala or play that exchange.
Speaker 2: But first I want to say about our friends that we at Amos Squared. Ammo Squared is here and they are a really really cool company. It is an automated approach to purchasing Ammo on any budget. How does it work? It's actually really simple. You pick your calibers. You set your budget and you select a shipping trigger, and that's it. Now, during COVID, you remember you couldn't find Ammo, and when you could find it, it was three four, five, six x more than it usually is. Well, you don't ever have worry about having an AMMO shortage when you are buying with Ammo Squared because your AMMO grows slowly over time.
Speaker 1: And here's what I love the most.
Speaker 2: It is stored for free as it builds up, and then it can ship with a click of a button or automatically whatever you decide. Now, unlike a traditional subscription service, you aren't forcing into a set budget or a set monthly shipment. You decide your budget and you schedule when you want your AMMO shipped. Ammo Squared offers nearly seventy different caliber options. And let's say you stock up on one caliber and then you switch firearms and you need another caliber, not a problem. You can trade it in for a different caliber. It's budget friendly and customizable. You can buy as little as a few dollars a month and use dollar cost averaging to your advantage. Everything is managed online using a custom web app, So forget about moving heavy case of ammunition in your garage. You're trying to sell AMMO online. You can exchange your AMO squared inventory from one caliber another or sell it back if prices go through the roof, and you can make a big profit.
Speaker 1: How do you do it?
Speaker 2: You sign up at amosquared dot com slash ben, and I'm going to get you free AMMO in your account again. No men owed to buy, no memberships needed, no exeror fees, and you can buy Ammo on as small as a budget as you want to.
Speaker 1: Amosquared dot com slash ben.
Speaker 2: That's Ammo squared dot com slash ben, and get free Ammo in your account today.
Speaker 1: All right, take a listen to this clip.
Speaker 2: It is actually a really funny one where you have JD saying it's tough having your job having to defend Kamway Harris Ober.
Speaker 5: Waltz just did as he said, first of all, Donald Trump has to listen to the experts. And then when he acknowledged that the experts screwed up, he said, well, Donald Trump didn't do nearly as good of a job as the.
Speaker 1: That's a post general as you did. So what Tim Waltz is doing, and I Honestly, Tim, I think.
Speaker 5: You got a tough job here because you've got to play whack a mole. You've got to pretend that Donald Trump didn't deliver rising take home pay, which of course he did. You've got to pretend Donald Trump didn't deliver lower inflation, which of course he did. And then you simultaneously got to defend Kamala Harris's atrocious economic record, which has made gas, groceries and housing unaffordable fair American citizens. I was raised by a woman who would sometimes go into medical debt so that she could put food on the table in our household. I know what it's like to not be able to afford the things that you need to afford. We can do so much better to all of you watching. We can get back to an America that's affordable again. We just got to get back to common sense economic principles.
Speaker 1: I hope we have a conversation on healthcare then.
Speaker 4: Senator of Governor, please, thank you, Margaret, we have a lot.
Speaker 2: I love that they jump in there by the way, thank you, thank you. We gotta we got to move on from that real quick. You just you just smacked him around a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, I mean that they were. They were eager to help out Waltz. They were also on the fact checking. You know, we talked about it at at the open of the pod when they cut off JD's mike. Now, so that was a moment when number one Kamala was getting beat up hard on immigration. Yeah, but number two the moderators jumped in and JD talked about the Haitian illegal immigrants who are in Springfield, Ohio, and you know, they wanted to reprise the whole cat thing.
Speaker 1: I was surprised.
Speaker 3: I also, I would have lost a bet if you had given me the odds on whether the word cat would be said in the debate. I would have bet yes, and I would have lost that bet. So so that the moderators did not say that, nor did Tim Waltz. But JD rightly said, look, this massive influx of illegal aliens is putting an enormous burden on the residents of Springfield and every other city in Ohio and every other city in the country. And the moderators chimed into correct him, well those are legal immigrants, and he said, blooney, yeah, and this is a fiction. So look, we have a legal immigration system and what has happened is Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have abused our immigration law law. So the three hundred thousand plus Haitians in Nicaraguins and Cubans and Venezuelans, they've flown in, they've flown in into programs where they say, well, these guys are all now legal just because we've decided to open the doors and call everyone we let in legal. That is not legal in any ordinary sense. They are illegal immigrants. And in particular, JD rightly talks about the app CBP one, which we've talked about on this podcast before, an app for illegal immigrants to apply online for Kamala Harris to let him in our open border.
Speaker 2: And they did not like him saying this because it was fact checking them.
Speaker 3: It was they were fact checking him. They were wrong, he countered him, and then they cut off his mic right when Tim Waltz was saying, well, well, you know this has been around for years. CBB one was just created by Joe Biden Kamala Harris. Here play the clip when they cut off his mic, because it really is revealing of the enormous bias and the factual just mendacity of the CBS moderators.
Speaker 1: We have so much to get to, Margaret.
Speaker 4: I think it's important out of the economy.
Speaker 1: Thanks Margaret.
Speaker 5: The rules were that you got in a fact check, and since you're fact checking me, I think it's important to say what's actually going on. So there's an application called the CBP one app where you can go on as an illegal migrant, apply for asylum or apply for parole and be granted legal status at the wave of a Kamala Harris open border Wand that is not a person coming in applying for a green card and waiting for ten years. Thank you, senatoration of a legal immigration Margaret Bye.
Speaker 4: Thank you senator for describing the legal process. Have so much to get the senator.
Speaker 1: So much the book since nineteen ninety, Thank you, gentlemen. Want to have app has not been on the books.
Speaker 4: Something gentlemen, the audience can't hear you because your mics are cut. We have so much we want to get to. Thank you for explaining the legal process.
Speaker 3: I love that the legal process. I mean that is so smarmy. Yeah, like arrogant, skiing, snarky. Look these there's no doubt they're political bias. There's no doubt they love Kamala Harris. There's no doubt they're voting for Kamala Harris. Thank you for describing the legal process. No, CBP one is not the legal process. It is an app designed by Kamala Harris and Joe Biden to facilitate a massive invasion of this country.
Speaker 1: And they and they shut the mic off.
Speaker 2: I actually am glad they did it because it's just And when anybody says in the future, well, there's no bias to me and Mike, really did you see?
Speaker 1: And I love that she says. They try to act like we shut.
Speaker 2: Both your micros OFFT No, you were shutting down jd Vance, who.
Speaker 1: Was fact checking you and pointing out that she was lying.
Speaker 2: And pointing out shesign. We got to move on. We have other important things. And by the way, I promise you that moment, if you pulled the audience in America watching, they would have loved to have heard what JD.
Speaker 1: Van said.
Speaker 2: Like course I would have been like, bo, I want to hear this right, Like wait, give me a second.
Speaker 3: That's absolutely right. But CBS didn't want the audience to hear that. You know, there was another moment on the same topic of the border, where Tim Waltz said the most brazen lie of the entire debate, and when when Waltz was back pedaling and trying to defend the disaster of Kamala's open borders, tim Waltz said, quote, border crossings are down compared to when Donald Trump left office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, which is a lie. And you and I both are looking on the TV like that that's not true.
Speaker 3: That that is not slightly true. It's not kind of true. It's not in any way. And let me give you the stats. So in December twenty twenty, the total encounters with illegals was eighty nine thousand and seventy two. In August twenty twenty four, the total encounters was one hundred and fifty eighty nine hundred and eighty eight, So it was nearly twice as many. And and mind you, look, there's been a slight dip in the last couple of months because Biden and Harris are trying to pretend to do something about the border, and they're just doing it as electioneering. And to put it in, in all of fiscal year twenty twenty, do you know how many encounters with illegals there were under Trump? How many six hundred and forty six, eight hundred and twenty.
Speaker 1: Two that's like a month in this administration.
Speaker 3: In fiscal year twenty four year to date. And by the way, we're not all the way through twenty four. Do you know how many of they've been? How many two million, seven hundred and fifty six thousand, six hundred and forty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And by the way, these these brave fact checkers, did you notice the CBS cut off? They say, wait a second, governor, you just said that border encounters were lower now than they were under Trump. That is flat out false. They didn't say that because they're not in the business of fact checking democrats.
Speaker 2: Well, and they also didn't bring up something else that I actually thought this was a missopportunity. I think JD had a great night, but I wish he would have seized on this. The acting ICE Director put out all of these numbers that we've talked about here, yes, about the number of rapists that were let go that we knew were rapists, the number of murderers that were let go, and the number of those that had been charged with Haines's crimes, and we still let go into this country and that didn't see the light of day tonight. And it's again it goes back to the moderators, like it's shame on them for not actually talking about the acting ICE director saying this, when they're going to talk about the border.
Speaker 1: How do you talk about the border without that? But I do.
Speaker 2: And again it's debating's tough, and I want to be clear, it's tough, But there was a missed opportunity there. I'm shocked that JAD didn't really try to hammer that point home.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, look, I think JD did a very good job tonight. I was surprised that the thirteen thousand convicted murderers did not come up. It's such a powerful number and CBS hasn't covered it, the news hasn't covered it, and so this debate was an opportunity for That's actually something that I wish that, like it had been slowly explained that they've taken a little bit of time. You need to understand that right now today there are more than thirteen thousand illegal aliens who are free, who have not been apprehended, who are convicted murderers. There is nothing whatsoever stopping Kamala Harris from picking up all thirteen thousand of them tomorrow. Legally she has every right to do so. They are here illegally, they can be detained, they can be deported. And yet and there are another two thousand roughly illegal aliens who have pending murder charges, so they're being charged with murder, and you know what, they're free too. There is nothing z preventing Kamala Harris from picking up those two thousand. And I would have loved to see JD turn to Tim Walton say, Governor, why doesn't Kamala Harris pick up those fifteen thousand murderers right now? And what would you say to the mothers of the children murdered by these illegal alien murderers that you continue to allow on the street. Yeah, he wouldn't have an answer to that.
Speaker 1: No, he wouldn't have an answer to that.
Speaker 2: And look again, like I said, debating is hard, and I think one of the things that he did really well was he talked about the fact that people are suffering in this country because there's so many illegal immigrants. And it backfired on CBS. They were talking about the economy and they were talking about the housing crisis. It was a little bit later in the debate many people. If you didn't watch the whole debate, this was one of those moments. I think they actually buried it on purpose. They need to check a box, ask a question about the about housing. But there was a moment there where JD. Van sees on like, well, yeah, of course home prices are going.
Speaker 1: To be up.
Speaker 2: You whatt Fifteen to twenty million people in this country. They got to have a roof over their head at night. They're competing with you, especially for low cost housing and apartments, which is skyrocket and price undoubtedly.
Speaker 3: And CBS really clowned themselves on this because because one of the moderators chimed in and said, well do you have any evidence of that? What proof do you have of that? And JD, to his credit, was prepared and said, well, actually, there's a Federal Reserve study that lays out the impact of illegal immigration driving up the cost of housing, and we'll put that out on social media right now so you can go read the study. But he also made the point of just supply and demand. What do you think an additional eleven and a half million people is going to be ending housing is going to do? Do you do these houses magically get created from the sky. Is there a wand that makes them, makes them come into existence? And the moderators just didn't like that point, and so they were but they looked pretty silly when they asked if he had any evidence, and the answer was, well, yes, I love.
Speaker 2: The other day on TV they were talking about the price of hotels in New York City if skyrocketed, Yeah, because I think it's like one out of x summer, of every hotels is filled with illegal immigrants.
Speaker 1: They're taking away hotel room course.
Speaker 2: So then they get more for the hotel rooms that are available. You and I I don't even know if did you know I got stranded in New York City and there wasn't a single hotel room after we came back from the airport.
Speaker 1: Did I tell you this?
Speaker 2: So this is how bad it is. And this is when I learned, like really firsthand. I went the airport, was on the plane, was on the plane for like four hours. They finally cancel the fight. We pulled back up the gate and they say go back in the city. So immediately get on the phone. I called Fox. I'm there for TV. I'm like, hey, I'm going to need a hotel room and I got to get back to the city, and then I get into a fight back in the morning to Houston, and she was like, no problem, I'll call in a minute. Go ahead and head down the cars and we'll get you back to the city. She said, I've never seen this before. There's not a single hotel room in the city. And I'm like not. And it wasn't like there was like the super Bowl going on. This is a normal Tuesday in New York. And I was like, are you kidding. Well, then I open up my app and I'm like, I get on Expedia. There are no hotel rooms. They start looking in New Jersey, They're looking everywhere. Finally, the only option was to go back to the city and hope that someone doesn't come to a hotel room. I sat outside of the hotel I always stay at, know the manager, and I walked in. He's like Ben, He's like, this is because of all the illegal immigrants in the city. He goes, there's no hotel rooms to deal with a capacity. I set outside to one in the morning until finally someone canceled the hotel and then he checked me into that room at one o'clock. So I sat there from seven to one am. My fight was at six and mornings. I slept for like three hours, and he said, this is what they've done to our city, referring to the illegal immigrants and how many have come in. And when I say there was an it was there was not a hotel room in the city. That's what's happening now because of legal immigration. I want to tell you about Blackout Coffee. The world's in flames and bidnomics as well as you know, I complete in total disaster, but there's one thing that won't ruin my day anymore, and that's an average or bad cup of coffee because I start my day at seven o'clock on the radio every morning with a hot America first cup of premium Blackout Coffee. This coffee is one hundred percent of America and zero percent woke. Blackout Coffee was started by a group of conservatives that were tired of giving their money to liberal, woke coffee companies. And you probably thought of a couple names right when I said that, Well, they don't do that at Blackout Coffee. And so what they said was, hey, why don't we do coffee the right way? Make it a premium cup of coffee and support our conservative values while we do it. That's what they've created at Blackout Coffee, from the sourcing of the beans, the roasting process, customer support, and shipping. They embody true American value and they accept no compromise on taste or quality. Now, I want you to try Blackout Coffee right now, and I'm going to save you big money twenty percent off your first order and you'll never switch after you get Blackout Coffee. Go to Blackoutcoffee dot com, slash verdict. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com. Slash verdict. Use a coupon code Vertict for twenty percent off your first order. Blackoutcoffee dot com, slash verdict. Be Awake Not Woke. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com. Slash Verdict.
Speaker 1: Promo code vertic for twenty percent off your first order. Center.
Speaker 2: I want to talk and rap on the issue of style. You know, you and I both thought this was going to be a intense debate. They don't like each other. They're going to throw down. I think we're also gotten kind of used to that with Donald Trump. That's what we've seen over the last several years. Joe Biden likes to do that as well. We've seen a lot of the Republican debates. Primary debates didn't by the way Hillary and Trump was nasty.
Speaker 1: They were nasty.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean they threw down, and tonight I didn't. I did enjoy a little bit of civility, absolutely, and that was something we haven't seen. But I also think if it was a strategy by the by the Trump team, Hey, you're going to be the likable guy. You're going to try to bring more people into the tent. I want you to walk away really thinking that you're the right choice.
Speaker 1: They nailed it. If that was the intent tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, I think JD came across as real and relatable. He did a good job of telling his own family story and his own background, I mean his you know, he wrote a best selling book, Hill Billy LG. Was made into a movie, a very very good movie, a movie that's terrific to watch. But yet a lot of people don't know that story. He's been a caricatured just like Trump has. And I think tonight made real progress making him seem like a real person, seem like a husband and a father, and you know, someone who has has journeyed from very humble beginnings to right now being the nominee to be vice president of the United States. That's one heck of a journey.
Speaker 1: It's going to be interesting.
Speaker 2: We're what thirty five days, thirty six days away from election.
Speaker 1: Day, thirty five days today, thirty five days until election day.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go back to what I've said before, it's the economy, stupid. I think that's how they win this thing. The economy's going to matter more than anything else, and I think he did a great job of highlighting that to the American voter tonight. Don't forget we do this show Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Make sure you get that subscribe or auto download button so you don't miss an episode when big things happen, whether it's a debate tonight. We'll do a lot of times a dual show, my podcast and Verdict together, so make sure you grab both shows and I will keep you up to date on those in between days between Verdict always a pleasure. It's fun to watch the debate together and get to do the show together on big nights like tonight.
Speaker 1: We'll see you back here tomorrow.