Speaker 1: Hi, Catherine, Hi Chelsea, how are you Hi?
Speaker 2: Well? I have I'm good, but I have some sad news to share. Bernice is. We said goodbye to Bernice yesterday, so I want to make sure I make that announcement because I didn't make the announcement about Bert, and I keep getting DMS about where the fuck is Burt. I'm like Bert's dead anyway, Bernice is too now. So that was very sad. But she was really old and had a really really beautiful life, and everyone loved her so much in Whistler this winter that she went out with a bang, she got so much attention. Yeah, and everyone. I had a waiting list of people who wanted to spend the night with her. The little kids in the neighborhood kept coming to take her for the night. I was so sweet.
Speaker 1: I'm really glad you had like a few months to spend with her. You weren't traveling, like you're here and you know, could be with her. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was really nice. And I had that was my exit plan with her, to make sure she knew she was loved up.
Speaker 1: Yes, and she did.
Speaker 2: And so that was very sad. And I felt really bad for Vets, you know, like they have to deal with people losing their dog all the time.
Speaker 1: You know what. We actually had an email recently from someone who's a veterinarian who really like opened my eyes. Like, veterinarians have an extremely high suicide rate and a ton of depression because they're trying to do their best that they can. They're, you know, helping people transition their dogs to the you know, the Rainbow bridge and all that.
Speaker 2: And is that where they're going to the rainbow bridge?
Speaker 1: Is that they say crossing the rainbow an ice cream flavor? You know, it's like something to make it feel a little bit better. But yeah, so veterinarians, we we.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we appreciate you for sure. And also, Doug is here today to be my support animal. Yes, and I brought him to the studio. He is so good.
Speaker 1: Looking, it really is. It is so good looking, Chelsea. We had a lot of people screaming in their cars about Sarah whose boyfriends last week could not get it up. I mean, people had some opinions and thoughts and ideas.
Speaker 2: Oh great, well maybe someone knows what the fuck is wrong with men.
Speaker 1: Oh so, Sarah, I hope you're listening. This is what people had to say. So Andrew wrote in and said, Hey, I just thought i'd give a man's perspective, specifically a gay man's perspective. I think Sarah should consider the fact that her partner may be gay. With all the talk of having such a great job and home, the fact that he's a bit overweight and seemed not to have dated many women. I was literally sitting in my car screaming at the radio. He's gay.
Speaker 2: He's gay.
Speaker 1: Speaking partly from personal experience on that point, I just think that it's a possibility that should be explored, at least lots of love from Florida. Lord help us, Andrew.
Speaker 2: So Andrew. I wonder if Andrew was tried to have sex with the girl and then couldn't get it up.
Speaker 1: At that point, if you're not attracted to women, there are men.
Speaker 2: There are gay men that have had sex with women, or yeah, yeah, how does that work?
Speaker 1: I don't know truly. Like a couple of my closest gay male friends who are like in their late forties, early fifties, they're like, oh, yeah, sometimes I have sex with a woman, just like for for funzies. I'm like, what one of my friends put at this way, he said, sex with a man is like a lobster dinner, but sex with a woman is like a sake dinner. So you know what is better lobster lobster.
Speaker 2: Lobster is the McDonald's of the ocean.
Speaker 1: Why does everyone think.
Speaker 2: Lobster is so great? I mean, it's fucking disgusting. It's a bottom feeder. I mean I love it, but you know what I mean, I don't understand why everyone thinks it's a delicacy. Is it a delicacy? Do you know?
Speaker 1: Back in like I think it was like the eighteen hundreds, they used to exclude I was what happened. They used to exclusively feed convicts lobster, and they actually like brought suit against New York State saying like this is cruel and unusual punishment, and now we consider it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's a very nice tippit. Yes, keep it coming, Capterine. I like that little history, a little dose of history.
Speaker 1: Reading a lot of historical fictions.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm reading a good book right now, speaking of which it's called it's by Mitch Album. You know the guy who yes Tuesdays with Maury, and he wrote some other book that I read. This one is called a little the Little Liar, and it's about the Holocaust, but it's from the perspective of truth. The character is Truth, the main character. And it's very moving and it's a short book. It's like succinct chapters, which I like, and his use of language, it's very beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he's very moving.
Speaker 2: I would recommend that to anyone who And it's not like a bummer book. I mean, it's about the Holocaust, so it's shocking, of course every time you hear what happened to people, but it is for some reason, it's like there's a fairy tale aspect to it. So it's like fictionalized, but it's history, you know, it's not.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: We do have a couple other opinions on Sarah. Do you want to know?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah about that not getting it up? Yeah, okay, so okay. Option one, he could be gay.
Speaker 1: He could be gay. Option two, as Lisa writes in I'm a pharmacist, And when I heard her say he's on medication for his blood pressure, I was yelling out loud. It's his medication.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds very very possible.
Speaker 1: Yes, many blood pressure medications can commonly cause ed, most specifically beta blockers and diuretics, but all anti hypertensive drug classes can have the side effect. He needs to go to his doctor, even if he's opposed, are embarrassed, and tell his provider what's going on. They can mix it up, try other.
Speaker 2: H that's smart. Did you contact the girl that called in?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I told her that, okay, good?
Speaker 1: She said, I see it all the time.
Speaker 2: And did you tell her about him being gay too?
Speaker 1: For sure? She said, I see it all the time. Men who stopped taking their medications because it made them feel quote unquote weird when what they mean is they can't get it up anymore. Very common. Go to the doctor, Lisa Great. And then our last comment is I'm a formerly big guy myself, and I can say that gravity is the issue. If he's still overweight, the weight of the belly and or panis aka the popas panis panis is caught up. What is that? That is the area down here if you have like an overhanging belly, that pussy gut the pupa yeah, the fat upper pussy area. Yes, it is technically called a panis. I have sisters that are Have you ever heard the term cock awning. No, but I use the word talk todaynles, what is cockling?
Speaker 2: Cockles are your heart, don't? I don't know that I do. I heard the term cockawning and I had to look away. I shuddered. I was like, I don't want to know what that is in reference to what to a man's belly.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, thank you. Ken says this is less an issue when he's laying on his back and he thinks that that's what's going on.
Speaker 2: I had this issue a second. Yeah, so he needs a girl to get on top of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she mentioned she's like, it's fine when I'm on top, but when he tries to be on top he can't keep it up.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that sounds familiar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Ken says, it's less an issue when laying on your back. I had this issue. And it's likely if he's a big boy as well, that's his issue too. He also might be in his head about feeling too heavy to be on top of her, so that might plan into.
Speaker 3: It as well.
Speaker 4: Ken.
Speaker 2: I love this. Okay, thank you everybody for writing in.
Speaker 1: We love all bodies here, especially those with pantisas. Let's just never call it.
Speaker 2: A cock on. So I'm going to go with the medication. I choose Option B, and I'm going to go with the medication is the problem? Okay, So which is fixable? It's too bad, straight man, don't listen to this podcast because if they did. Oh, you know what I really want to get on are couples or friends or family members that are having discord. Like if you have a friend you're having problems with and you want to get my advice, or someone in your family and you and both of you are open to it, or you're in a relationship like I like that, and that's an area where I can I can have really help.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And it can be like serious disagreements or like fun disagreements, like if you're like, please settle.
Speaker 2: The score for chewing gum when we're together, Yeah, because you don't know how to chew it. And I've been told that and I don't know how to chew them. I would like to say, I am guilty.
Speaker 1: Well, Chelsea, we have amazing guests today. Yeah, she's a legend.
Speaker 2: She continues to lead the charge on the climate emergency with fire Drill Fridays, the National movement to protest government in action on climate Change started in October twenty nineteen in partnership with Greenpeace as well as the Jane Fonda Climate pac which is focused on defeating political allies of the fossil fuel industry. She is an actor and activist and my dear friend Jane Fonda. Okay, so I want to preface this interview by telling a personal story about Jane. I've known Jane for many years, probably fifteen years, I think. But I'm not really good with numbers, that's not my specialty. And we've had a lot of fun together and we've had a lot of deep, meaningful conversations and a lot of laughter. And there was a time and I wrote that about this in my new book, which I'm going to send to you for your approval, Jane, which I think you'll be fine with. But Jane took me aside at a time in my life where I was not in a good spot, and she took the time to invite me over to her house. Well, it was it's more of a demand. It was more of.
Speaker 5: Like over here.
Speaker 2: She's like, hey, are you free, I need to talk to you. I'm like sure. When she's like how about tonight at six, I was like, oh, fuck. Am I in trouble with Jane Fonda because it felt like I may be and I was in trouble. And I had behaved badly at her birthday party at her house months prior, and she took the time to sit down with me at her dinner table to tell me about my behavior and talk to me about it and ask me why and what and all of the things. And fortunately for me, I had just started therapy two months before that. But the thing that I took away from that dinner was sisterhood, because not everybody tells you when you piss them off, and not everybody takes the time to tell you when someone pisses you off. You know, some people you just blow off and you're just like, fine, fuck it, that's a loser, or I don't want to talk to that person again. But Jane took the time to sit with me and tell me how I had messed up. And because of that moment, I have done that for so many people in my life, and I went to therapy. I continued to go to therapy. I brought it back to therapy to a person that Jane knew very well. She's like, you're in good hands. Go talk to him, and it was it was the definition of sister.
Speaker 5: I love you, Jack, I do. I didn't even know who you were. All I knew was one day, years and years ago, I was scrolling through TV channels and I just I passed, and then I went back, Who is this beautiful blonde chick that laughs at herself so much? That was when you were.
Speaker 3: Doing the job.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but you were. You just laughed at yourself all the time, and I was smitten. And I just kept watching your show. And then I was on your show and I just I love you. And and you know, we've all gone off the track from time to time and people have brought me up short and talked to me. And I must say, the book that you wrote, I guess this isn't the one you're going to give me again. The last one you wrote, where you wrote it was like you recorded all your therapy sessions. But it was the most laugh out loud book that I have ever read. I just enjoyed it and loved it and loved that you were going through the therapy the way you were, and I have a feeling that it really helped you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and thank you for your help because that was helpful. And I think what I want to ask you is, you know, I've when I started out in this business, I felt that women weren't as there for each other as we are now, as we know to be now. And I want to know what that was like for you when you started, the support that you felt from women. How was it?
Speaker 1: Who was ever?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 5: Absolutely vividly and I can tell you that. See, I was married to a Frenchman, a French director. He directed Barbarella. He was married to Bridge of Bardeaux before me and Catherine Deneuve. I mean, it was intense. He was great, and I was living with him. And because American soldiers who had been in Vietnam had fled Vietnam and were in Paris, and they were looking for compatriots to help them find doctors and clothes and anyway, I became friends with these guys and they told me about Vietnam and totally blew my mind and changed my mind about the war. And I came back here and joined the GI movement. Annie war activists had created these coffeehouses outside of military bases where guys could come and learn about the history of Vietnam. Long story short, I'm in Colleen, Texas, outside of Fort Hood. The woman who ran the base, her name was Terry Davis. She was different than any female that I had met, because up until then, pretty much we competed with each other. And I don't know, I just I didn't have very many women friends. I grew up in the forties and fifties thinking you become the way to grow up is to be a lone ranger, to be like guys, you know, I can stand on my ow. I don't need any buddy, and that's just the way. And so I met this woman was running the coffeehouse, and she treated me differently than I'd ever been treated before, not like a celebrity or anything. It was she looked me in the eye. She wanted to know how I felt. Did I feel okay going onto the base? Did I feel safe speaking at the rally? The way she treated the gis it was like looking through a keyhole at the future that we were fighting for. And being with her was like, I don't know, it's like getting into a warm bath. I felt safe, and I just thought I want to be like her. And all the women in the movement that I kept meeting were they were just new kinds of beings that I'd never met, and that of all the things that happened to me in the first years of my activism, that was what affected me the most and made me realize I'm on the right track. I want to become a person like them, who is present and who really has empathy for other women and men. She was the first person she brought a feminist into the coffeehouse to talk to Gis about the women's movement, which I thought was really gutsy and it affected all of us. I don't know, but it changed the whole way that I felt about women, and up until that point, for me, the women's movement was a waste of time. What are all these women talking about? All these things for the wars?
Speaker 3: What matters?
Speaker 5: We got to end this way and it had a big effect on me. And now, of course it's women are in my life. I've closed up shop.
Speaker 2: And have have you closed up shop?
Speaker 5: Is one of the reasons is because to see Chelsea, you'll understand this. I like young flesh. I like young skin. If I was gonna have an affair now, it would be with somebody about twenty years old. But I don't want to subject any twenty year old to my skin. So I've closed up shop. I don't even think about it anymore.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yes, but I think that should be their decision. I feel like there would be some willing participants, a lot of them, and if they're willing to go for it, then what's yeah, I mean, what's to stop anyone from giving each other pleasure?
Speaker 5: Vain? Now I'm seventy, I'm eighty how old, amma? I'm eighty six and a half almost. I mean, you know, it's just, uh, it's over, and I don't miss it at all. I only dream once a week about it. That's not enough to miss. I have so much more time, you know, to do things.
Speaker 2: Well, you are busy doing things. And I think, to go back to this woman conversation for a second. I think it's so interesting that where you are raised and it's still this way and society as women to think, Okay, we're supposed to go out and we're supposed to find this prince charming and la la la la la, and this stupid fairy tale notion that is so it's a charade. Basically, you know that doesn't exist. And you've been married three times, right, three times, not more than that, And you've had multiple lovers, You've had multiple relationships. And one of the things that I admire about you is your ability to I feel like you always knew there is no prince charming or one true love, that their life is about having many loves and having many different people in your lives, men and women alike. You know, whether it's a sexual relationship or not. There are soulmates that come in every form. So I guess I mean all of your marriages. I'm sure we're very impactful on you. But what do you think the most meaningful relationship or one of the most meaningful and informative relationships. You've had all of them, and I did.
Speaker 5: I believed that this was going to be forever every single time. This is it, this is the one. He's not at all like my dad, This is going to work, this will be great. Turns out they were all similar, even though they all looked different and acted different and had different socioeconomic places in the world, but they all shared one thing in common. They were incapable of showing up in an intimate relationship, and so was I, and so I chose unconsciously chose men who weren't going to say, come on, Vanda, come on, show up. I want you here right now. I was too scared, and so it was very convenient for all parties. And I really thought that they were all going to be the one.
Speaker 2: And now when you think about that, do you think that you ever found the one?
Speaker 5: No time I go back through my life trying to see did the one show up? Did he enter my space and I just got scared and fled? I think probably that happened. I don't know who it was though, but I wouldn't have been able to do that. I think that I could probably now have that kind of relationship, but I don't want it anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because now you know what your purpose is.
Speaker 5: Right, It was all about I mean, I guess my kids are right, I am a narcissist. They think I am, and I guess I am. I'm not a but there's you know, it's like I'm on the spectrum of narcissism.
Speaker 2: Their activism outweighs your narcissism. Whether those two feed off of each other as a separate story. It was something that you said in your book, which I loved, because there's so many great things that Jane Fonda's autobiography, but one of the things that I always suck out to me. You said that your father never brought home joy from his career, right, that you never saw him be joyful about being an actor and portraying all of these characters. Do you get joy from acting?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, I do?
Speaker 2: And did you always?
Speaker 5: No? No? Before I sort of came full circle and became who I was meant to be, I didn't. But when I started having agency over my career, yeah I did. There is something truly glorious about being invited to enter another human being because to do it you have to have empathy. So it's a career that builds up your empathy, and then kind of digging is like being an archaeologist, also finding out about this who is this person and why are they there and all of that. It's just I find great joy in it, and not that every day is great. Often you come home really really tired and angry. But most of the time I really do get joining it. But see, my dad suffered as a lot of dads did in that era, and he came from Nebraska and people didn't ask for help. Gods still don't. I think it's why they don't live as long as we do, five years less on average, used to be more. He never he suffered from undiagnosed depression, you know. I mean, if he'd taken prozac, our lives would have been totally different. But I've worked on the depression. So I'm I'm you know, I think I'm the first person in my family who's not depressed.
Speaker 2: Well, what was your pivotal moment in your life where you were able to actually tackle your issues and your emotions and all of that.
Speaker 5: I don't think it goes like that. I think it's I think it's a process that happened. You know. It's like you'll realize something, like I realized something when I met these women that were different than other women I'd ever met in nineteen seventy when I became an activist, and so it's like a realization like a bee kind of humming around, but it doesn't ever, kind of like you don't change, but you've learned something. Then you enter something else and you change. I learned something all the time. I'm always that's one of my superpowers that I may be narcissistic, but I'm also really really curious. I'm very interested in people, and so I just learn all the time, and then gradually the learning bills up and you realize, oh, I'm different. You know a little bit of therapy, the meditation, the different husbands that I learned each from each of them. I think, though, that I learned the most from my women friends. I make a point of having women friends that are smarter, braver, more strategic. And this is important, younger. See, when I die, I want to have friends that are slive, that can speak at my memorial put.
Speaker 2: It that way, that can eulogize you, yeah, and be at my bedside and give me hope.
Speaker 5: And I don't know, I don't know. I just I want love around me when I died. When you're my age, Chelsea, you think a lot about dying, and not that we can know when it's going to happen. But it's good to envision how you want it to be, because then between now and then you have to earn it. You know, if I want to have women friends holding my hand when I die, I've got to earn their friendship. And by the way, you know, who I'm becoming friends with, who I just adore, is your friend, Connie Britton. Ah, yeah, best, she's a good broad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we've been to your house together before, Connie.
Speaker 5: I know, I remember when I had one of my joints replaced. I'm almost finished almost all my major joints and I've been replaced. You were there for one of my hips.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: We were, we were, We came over and Connie told you some story. I can't remember what it was, but it was like we left there and she goes, why did I tell Jane that story? And I'm like, actually, I don't know. It was about someoney, her father not liking you or not approving of your protesting of the Vietnam War. And she was like, yeah, my dad hated you. And we're like, she goes, why did I say that to Jane Fouda. I'm like, I don't know, why did you say.
Speaker 5: That that to me all the time?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, First of all, what do you think happens when you die? What do you believe?
Speaker 5: I am not sure. Part of me knows that nothing happens. That we exist as a memory, but that's energy. We exist as an energy that I guess that's that's what I think about it. But you know, I have gone to channelers who have brought me messages from my father and mother, and they've met a lot to me.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, when you look back at your life, like what are your proudest moments.
Speaker 5: There's no moment. What I'm proud of is that I've made something of myself, that I made something of my life. You know, I floundered for so long and toyed with suicide and all of that, because there's been suicide all around me in my life, and as I said, everybody's so depressed in my family. But I'm resilient and I'm proud that I didn't succumb to any of the depressions and that I've that I've I've learned and grown in my life. That's what I'm most proud of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think resiliency is the key ingredient as women. I feel like we have it in droves and we don't know we have it until we need it the most.
Speaker 5: That's why it's the most wonderful, mysterious thing. You know, I really can't figure out this thing about resilience, Chelsea. My brother was two years younger than me. We both came from the same mother and father. Two years apart. That's not a lot same more or less historical moment in time. And I was resilient and he wasn't. And why I don't you know who knows. My therapist used to say, she thinks that it's you come into life with it. Either you have it or you don't. And she can tell right away when a patient walks in if they have resilience or not. And for me, what resilience is like, you know, it's like when I was young, you know, it was not a happy household, and my dad was always away and my mother suffered from mental health issues. And this is how I describe it now. It's like I was always scanning the horizon like an infrared laser beam, and any warm human body that could possibly love me or teach me something, I would glom onto. And it was always the mothers of my girlfriends, And I learned from those mothers. Someone who lacks resilience can be surrounded by love and they can't metabolize it, they can't take it in and own it. I don't know if if you can be born without resilience and then learn to become I don't think so. I think you either have it or you don't. Are you resilient? I think you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I think I'm resilient. And we were talking about this last night at my dinner actually with my three girlfriends. I like to go around the table and say like, Okay, let's all say something we're grateful for that's not sitting right here, you know, let's remind ourselves. And after everyone said their thing, I said, Okay, this is to resilience, Like that's our toast tonight. So I think that I do believe you can cultivate resilience, because I don't think you know you're resilient until something bad happens and you bounce back and pick yourself up, and then when it happens repeatedly, you get stronger and stronger at knowing that you can get through something, that it's not the end of you, that it doesn't have to lay you out, and even if you get laid out, you get back up. So I do think you can cultivate it to a degree. I wonder what you would say about when you are in this moment in your life present day, when things are overwhelming and they're so stressful and things aren't going your way, Like what is your tool to coping and to breathing and getting yourself like regular.
Speaker 5: Leading activism is what does it for me. It's when I know that I'm doing everything in my power too. And right now, the focus is the climate crisis, because that's existential. I mean, everything I care about in the world is going to fall apart if we don't address the climate crisis. And so if I'm doing so, if I was going to splinter and fracture and go down a rabbit hole, it would be around that issue of the climate crisis. And I'm doing everything in my human power about it. It keeps me stable and feet on the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you are doing everything she does Fire drove Fridays in DC all the time. She's constantly getting arrested, and you're always yes, and you're I'm going to see you for your next event. I'm finally going to be in town. I'm coming home for it. I will be there with bells on. But your activism, it's just so inspiring for all of us. I mean, you're a legend and everything you do, I know when doing something and you're behind something that it's the right thing to be behind. And obviously the climate is you know, the most obvious thing to get behind. But your indefatigable attitude has an impact on all of us because we all talk about it.
Speaker 5: That's the value of being famous, you know. And it's the value of me having seven years as Grace and Frankie, because I can tell you that activism prior to Grayson Frankie was not as easy. When you have a hit series behind your back, it becomes a lot, a lot easier. But prior to Fire Drilled Fridays, I was still I was an activist, but it was intermittent, and I knew I wasn't really using my platform. And I realized when I started to really step it up that when you're famous, you know, other people say, well, God, if she can do it, I can do it. I turned eighty two in jail, and that was very important because people thought, oh my god, you know I heard recently. It made me really think about things. I had a friend who had a husband who did not like me, very anti Hanoi, Jane and pro war. But when I went to Vietnam, this guy said to his son, God, if Jane Fonda is going over there, there must be something really wrong. And that really struck me because you know, we can't really change what needs to be changed as individuals, but still, as individuals, we can make people think twice and think about joining us. And I like that idea. God, if she's doing it, there must be something really wrong because she doesn't have to be doing that. That's why it's so important what we do, you know. And the other thing that's so great is that I meet people I normally never would have met that are so great and I can carry them with me in my heart as I go forward, you know, and especially young indigenous women, Oh my god, they're so fierce in the HAPs, such an interesting sense of humor and brave. And I am just so surrounded by people who are so brave and have nothing, nothing, and they just stand up and fight. It's just so moving and important.
Speaker 2: It's so true when you say that, you know, people say that they throw that brave word around, and I hear that a lot, and I'm like, you don't, that's this isn't brave. This is being you're true to your personality. Bravery is that, you know, is when you have nothing and you're able to stand up and you're able to go and fight for something. You believe in when you have everything to lose, that's bravery.
Speaker 5: Have you ever seen like a movie or a documentary about people who have really stood up and been brave? Right now, the next six years of this decade, this is our documentary moment, and the question is can we will we step up and be as brave as the people in the past who have made a real difference in human history. This is our documentary.
Speaker 2: Moment, don't you think about I mean, I'm sure you've spoken to al Gore, but what he did was brave, you know, bringing that to our attention, thinking, oh my god, I'm going to tell everybody what's going to happen. I'm going to tell everybody what's about to happen. He went and did the work and did the research, only to be ignored. It's unimaginable what he did, you know, and him looking back at that time, that could have been the turning point for our whole world, and yet we denied it. We turned into climate deniers, not we, but you know Republicans.
Speaker 5: But then what does he do? See he doesn't give up. He then switches tactics. Okay, it doesn't work to just give people the information, So I'm going to train people to become organizers around climate and he's trained eighteen thousand or more people all around the world. He just shifted strategies. You know, in the beginning, we thought, holy shit, we heard what the science was saying. We thought, if we tell elected officials what the science is saying, they're going to say holy shit, and they're going to start doing something. And then we discovered that wasn't true. Why because they take money from the fossil fuel industry and so so we have to do it differently. We have to you know, that's why I started the Jane Fonda Climate Pack, because we have to change the people in Congress. So when they hear the science, they're going to want to do something. Then we have to get unprecedented numbers of people outside protesting and then change. If you can't change the people, change the people. We're changing the people. And so we'll get it from both ends, right outside and inside.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to take a break and we're going to be right back, and we're back with Jane Fonda. So, Jane, this podcast it's called Dear Chelsea. So we give advice to actual, real people and I really couldn't deny anyone getting advice from you because this is a once in a life time opportunity. So, Catherine, what do we have in store?
Speaker 1: Oh, we have some juicy things in the store. Chelsea, Jane, are you ready? Are you ready for this?
Speaker 5: Ready?
Speaker 1: Jen says, Dear Chelsea, I need some advice from you in regards to navigating relating to guys and how they see you. I'm a full time single mom, an ex exotic dancer now, a business owner of a lap dance class studio, and a part time college student with not much support system. It's been quite challenging meeting men who are secure enough not to judge me on my ex stripper past and my current business owner context. I either get dumbed down, fetishized, or treated like I'm a whore when I haven't even been sexually active in over six years. I'd love to change that, and I don't believe there's anything wrong with being any kind of sex worker either. I'm very optimistic, goal oriented, and I've overcome a lot on my own, so I'd like to continue to find ways to overcome these obstacles. But Girl, I'm tired. Help Jen.
Speaker 5: Well, Well, she's absolutely right that sex work should not be looked at pejoratively. Women do it when they.
Speaker 3: Have to do it.
Speaker 5: I've never gone on one, but I think dating apps might be a good solution. Clearly, the circle that she's in is not the circle that she's looking for, so she's got to get out of her circle and meet new people. She can either go to AA. I don't know what her situation, but how do you meet new people nowadays? Dat apps? It wasn't in existence when I was young, but that's what I would do to meet new kinds of people. What do you think, Chelse?
Speaker 2: I would say, yes, of course, do dating apps. Do whatever you want to do to find a man. But I would also say double down on your confidence in your job and what you're doing, and you don't have to explain to men anything about it, Like if they don't get it, then great, they're out and you're closer to finding the person that does understand. Because there are men out there that are sophistic enough to understand what sex work actually means and that it isn't something to be ridiculed or to be judged, that it's actually a way that a lot of people make a living by choice and that should be respected. So I would never try to appeal to a man because you want them to like that's their own problem, that's not your problem. Nothing you're doing is wrong, and it's a great way to weed out people that don't get it. Just don't give up like you're going to find a guy that's going to get it. There's millions of men out there, you know, So just I don't like changing our story to appeal to men. I don't like wo men to think that, and I don't like to act like that. So I would say, stick to your guns and have honor in what you do and be proud. We're all big kids now, Like this isn't something that should be so shameful that she has to hide or feel bad about. You should feel proud of what you're doing and proud of your accomplishments. And any guy worth his salt is going to understand that. And fuck all of the rest, Like I know, so it's easier, and yeah, get on all the dating apps, you know, But I don't know. I don't have a problem with that, and I have a bigger problem with pretending great.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Our next caller, Sabrina says, Dear Chelsea. My mom doesn't text, and she doesn't even really use a cell phone. A couple of years ago, my dad sent me a non photo sext message on accident, obviously not meant for my mother. I lit into him, but ultimately forgave him after a few months and kept his little indiscretion between the two of us. He had his own justifications and apologies, and I just eventually let it go. Then the other night, my dad and I were texting and he sent me yet another message. It was not quite a sext, but it was pretty risk gay, and yet again obviously not for my mom. He and my mom have been married for forty plus years, and I don't know what to do. Do I tell her, do I tell my brother? Do I keep this to myself? I already expressed my anger and disappointment to my dad, and I've asked him to no longer text me. Ever, I feel numb and just do not know what to do. I don't think I have the capacity to forgive this again. Sabrina, Hi, Sabrina, Hi, how are you? Hi?
Speaker 2: You're so lucky. Guess who our guests today is? Jane Fonda.
Speaker 3: I am absolutely in awe. I cannot believe it.
Speaker 5: Well, this is a cone from something similar happened to me, but it wasn't between mother and father. But do you have any idea whether your mother is happy in the marriage.
Speaker 6: They've been married over forty years. It seems to me to be a very business sort of marriage. They married at the time when they each had something they were seeking, and I don't know if that's still what they're seeking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what I would do is have a conversation with your mother, but you know, just make it very casual, but try to find out how she feels about the marriage. I mean, if you get a sense that being in the marriage is her foundation, that it is absolutely essential to her being able to get along in life, then I wouldn't tell her if she's ever considered killing him, if she's ever considered, No, I always knew that my marriages were about to end, because I would fantasize about his funeral. Oh wow, And maybe she does that. But if she's kind of thought, God, I'd kind of like to be alone now, then maybe she should know that his head is somewhere else. I mean, the primary concern I think is for her, Yes, after forty five years, if she is totally dependent on him and would be completely unhappy in adrift. If he wasn't there, then I wouldn't tell her and just let it continue. Why I rocked the boat after forty five years. But if she's not and she's just there because that's life, then why not help her to understand that he's not. It's interesting to me. You said you told him, don't send these to me anymore. Did he send them to you on purpose or was it an accident?
Speaker 6: It seemed to be an accent. We are in the middle of texting and I just got a message through that was clearly meant for someone else.
Speaker 2: And does he think so? You said your mom doesn't text, so you know that it's not directed towards her, right Is that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, she doesn't. She has a flip phone for emergencies that she keeps in the car. She doesn't text at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can conjecture that your mother probably doesn't give a shit what he's up to, you know what I mean? Like, it's if they've been married that long and she's probably and he's up to that, she's probably slightly checked out. So I agree with Jane completely, Like get the temperature, and then I always want to show up for women, always, mother's daughter, sisters, any woman. I want them to know the truth and then make their own decision. I don't ever want to make a decision for and I think that's the trouble with men is that they think they can make our decisions for us by not being honest and upfront. It's like, okay, you want up sex with other women, great, tell me, and then if I decide I'm okay with that, then I'm okay with that. But you don't get to make the decision for me. So I would get the temperature, and then I would always err on the side of being truthful. Unless you think your mom is in a position that she she just can't bear to hear it or handle it.
Speaker 6: No, I definitely think she's strong. She's the fiery one, so she's definitely like the louder out of the two.
Speaker 5: Right. She Alsea used the word checked out. Do you think she's checked out?
Speaker 6: I think she's exasperated there at the point where she vents a lot to me about things that he does that irritate her day to day things. They both live together and work together, so they are together all the time and I can see the strain.
Speaker 2: And what can you can you share?
Speaker 5: What the like?
Speaker 2: The text message was.
Speaker 6: The first text message it was it was not a photo, but it was a sexual message. It was what my dad would like to do to someone as they're watching the sunset basically, which was just the light fulter sieve as you can imagine. And then the next one was more him calling someone babe and say I'm really enjoying my time with you, babe, and this and that babe, and I was like, oh no, now's he's that guy and dad's that guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and actively having an affair. It sounds like, yeah, I think you have to go to your mom. You're her daughter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's very much an act first type of mom, which was sort of my hesitation with but I hate keeping it from her.
Speaker 3: We're so close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're not your father's secret keeper, like you don't owe him anything. He fucked up, not once, but twice, so you know, like all bets are off. Maybe one time you could be like okay, I'll look away, but not twice, Like how many times is he going to do? You know? That's just icky because now you're involved in this.
Speaker 5: And if she is venting to you about her feelings and her dissatisfactions and stuff. Then that shows you right there that I thought maybe she was a sort of a meek housewife that you know, wouldn't be able to tolerate not being able to be with a guy. You know, some women just have to be with a guy no matter what.
Speaker 3: How old is she she's seventy seven.
Speaker 5: Oh, she's ten years younger than me, and she could start another Has she ever had another relationship?
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Not as far as I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jane, is that something you think you would want to know if you were that age married to someone for that long.
Speaker 5: I would have wanted to know. Yeah, but I know there's some women that wouldn't. But I would have wanted to know. And when you said that she's you described her, it sounds like she's somebody who probably would want to know.
Speaker 3: I think she definitely would.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is there a way that you'd advise to approach that topic with her?
Speaker 6: I know we have to have a conversation coming up because there's a holiday coming up that my parents want to visit for and I'm uncomfortable being.
Speaker 3: Around my dad.
Speaker 6: I think if I just start by telling her, I don't I'm not comfortable being around him.
Speaker 3: That would open the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's right. I think you should do that. Yeah, because listen, you would want someone to do that for you, wouldn't you.
Speaker 3: Absolutely yes, I would want to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so what she's seventy seven, and like that's not a way to judge the situation, you know, like, oh, that's like discounting someone because of their age is not right either, Oh they've been married forty five years. Who cares? Like that's not the right way to look at it, And that's not how you're looking at it. But I'm sure a lot of our listeners are going, what's the point. It's like, what do you mean? No, every person's like, she could go on and be happy. Yeah, Jane has closed Chop up at eighty six. She's closing shop up and yeah, so she has another nine good years left business.
Speaker 5: But no, I actually ten years ago, it's been ten years I was mother's age when I decided that's it.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she'll maybe she'll follow suit, she'll close shop up too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I would encourage you to maybe see if there's a way that your mom could just come and visit you by herself, and so you guys can have some time alone without dad and talked with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, report back, keep in touch and let us know how that goes.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll do okay, thank you so.
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling in, Sarena.
Speaker 5: We'll have to run our hearts.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Take care. What is should he feeling to have that burden? You know, like you have to break some bad news to your own parent.
Speaker 1: I know that's rough. I wonder if the dad is kind of just being creepy on the internet and accidentally texted, but like, no, this is really like a relationship situation that's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why does he keep accidentally texting his daughter? Like, what's wrong with him?
Speaker 1: Good question?
Speaker 2: He should be offline too, like his wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe she should just get him a flip phone. All right. Well, our next caller is Aubrey. She is twenty nine. Dear Chelsea. After seven years together and just four months of marriage, my husband came to me asking for a divorce. We've had financial issues for a while, but I thought we still had the love. He'd recently started to grow silently resentful of our situation, and in the process says he fell out of love with me. He said that he had the foresight to end things before children were involved, or before we lost any more time to a loveless marriage. He says he still genuinely cares for me, which makes this very hard. It's not an angry and loud situation. It's civil and just very sad. So I made a scary decision to get an apartment on my own.
Speaker 2: He thinks we'll be.
Speaker 1: Friends one day because we get along so well and are such great communicators. Whether that's true or not. Right now, I need distance from him so I can fall out of love. I'm looking for advice on how to be okay and how to move on. I've never lived on my own before, and I haven't been single since I met him in college when I was twenty one. Additionally, our spark fizzled and he grew less attracted to me, and I just don't feel the least bit sexy or desirable anymore. I'm about to turn twenty nine, and I know I have so much ahead. How do I come into my own as my own independent woman? Thanks Aubrey Hi Aubrey.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hi, say hello to Jane Fonda.
Speaker 5: Hi, all reason, Hi tells him, Jane, it's so nice to meet both of you.
Speaker 2: Well, Jane has been married three times.
Speaker 5: It's happening. This is happening at the right time. This is good. You're young. It's good to get the first one like this out of the way. You've been married, what four years?
Speaker 3: You said?
Speaker 4: Four months together?
Speaker 5: Seven years? Four months? Yeah, Well, it's too bad it didn't it didn't happen before the marrior. But no, but no big deal. I mean, I think you got lucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to say, like, be grateful. Yeah, Like I know, it's hard to find gratitude in the dark sometimes because you might feel like you're in the dark. You're young, you're lovely, you have your whole future ahead of you. Thank god, you didn't waste another minute with this guy, and thank god he was honest enough with you. Then staying in a marriage that wasn't going to be fruitful for him, and because it was the right thing to do, you're going to want to thank him in a few years. And you're not there yet. I understand that you feel rejected, and you know, and all of these things and you were let down the wrong road. But this guy is being really honest with you about his feelings, and that's something to be grateful for. You know the truth. You know, you're not going to be together. You're gonna recover, You're gonna be fine, and you're young, and you're gonna find somebody who does value you and adores and loves you, and you just have to work through this pain and you have to, you know, talk to a therapist obviously. Do you have a therapist.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have been talking to a therapist actually since the week everything really was going down. My biggest thing is like I've never been okay being single, and I think that was kind of like that was the scariest thing, Like I'm gonna be living on my own and just be single. I want to be okay being single. I want to I want to love that period. I don't want to be seeking someone anytime soon. I want to just focus on me and be happy with that. So I guess you're always someone that's no matter what state you're in, you always just come off with so strong.
Speaker 2: Get into yourself, lean into yourself, and get to know yourself, like I'm Jane's been divorced three times, and I would Jane, wouldn't you say every time you got divorce, you knew yourself better and you got to like closer to who you really are.
Speaker 5: Right, But it takes time. The first thing you have to do is really figure out the role you played in this. He calls it a loveless marriage. Did you see it as a loveless marriage?
Speaker 4: I didn't, But in just a couple of weeks, just hindsight is definitely seeing things well.
Speaker 5: I mean three marriages, they each ended slightly differently. But I always have to try to understand what was my role in make it, in the fact that it didn't work, so that I don't repeat it. I did repeat it. I'm a slow learner in many ways. But that's the main thing for you is you're going to go on in life and you want to know what changes do you need to make and the way you approach relationships and the way you do relationships that led this one to not work. I mean, it's great you married somebody who is as forthright as he is. I agree with Chelsea. I mean I think it's I love the fact that he was able to say this.
Speaker 4: And that's almost what's made it so hard is that you know he is such a good person, but knowing that he has saved us from a future if we had kids right now, I mean, I can't imagine.
Speaker 5: How much bessy here would be.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's sad, but it's not as messy.
Speaker 5: Do you have any issues with alcohol or drugs or food?
Speaker 4: No, I'm actually at a pretty good place with that right now. But it's funny you asked, because that was actually a big jumping point for this. He had stopped drinking back through the holidays. I stopped a little behind him, but to support him, not for the same reasons he was. That definitely was a component. We didn't have the issues of drinking, but it was playing a factor of just kind of numbing things that maybe we weren't talking about. So when it was really just raw, I think is when he really had that time. So how you're saying I'm going to be thanking him in a couple of years, I think that was something he didn't want to say but was hinting at And it's painful to hear. But I'm only a couple of weeks out and already kind of feeling like, yeah, it was a hard but really good thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I bet that you guys are going to remain friends for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know, so this is a huge opportunity for you. Like it, being heartbroken in this way and being kind of blindsided, so to speak, in this way is a great opportunity for you to really like get to know who you are. Now you get this time with yourself, which you've already elucidated, Like you've already said, I'm looking forward to being this single person. And strength comes from knowing who you are. That's where you get strength from, from really finding out. And when you're with somebody for seven years, anyone will say that you lose a little bit of yourself when you're kind of in that relationship, right, you start to operate as a couple and a pair rather than so independent. And so when you have this time, it's the most valuable time we ever get, is the time that we sit and go, Okay, I'm going to lean into me. I'm going to read as many books as possible. I'm going to meditate, I'm going to like you know, go to therapy and get clean, Like I want a clean slate, so that I'm going into the next love relationship that I have as the best version of myself, because as we get older, we're just getting better and better and better at being who we are. And like, you have this whole clean slate that just kind of fell into your lap that you didn't ask for, but now it's yours, and you're just gonna grab it, like you grab a bowl by its horns and be like, all right, I'm fucking ready, let's go. I'm ready to find out who I really am and what I have in store for me. Because your whole life is ahead of you. So you are going to be grateful to him, You're going to be thanking him, and you probably will be friends with him, and those are all beautiful things.
Speaker 5: Well said, Yeah, I totally agree with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And you said you have a hard time being alone? Is that? Like I always had a hard time if there wasn't an alpha male in my life, and for years I always had a guy in my life. Now I have girls in my life. Do you have a lot of girlfriends?
Speaker 4: It's something I've been working on, and it was something even before this happened, I was aware of, like planning a wedding.
Speaker 1: It was really evident and how for.
Speaker 4: You female friendships I had so definitely working on making that a priority myself first and that next. I'm not looking for any kind of love relationship anytime soon, So definitely looking for some girls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because girlfriends, if they're good girlfriends, they can also help you learn about yourself and you can learn from them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's also another great way to know about yourself and learn about yourself is to learn about what kind of friends you can be right. You know, when you're in a relationship and you said you didn't have a lot of friends, like that doesn't feel right for me. For you know, for as a woman, you need women around you. You need to be helping them and they need to be there for you. And that reciprocity will give you so much more than so many love relationships provide when you're not with the right partner. So, yeah, your future is bright, and be optimistic and just get into your groove and enjoy your single dumb because it will not last forever. You will meet someone, you will fall in love again, and you'll look back at this time and be like, oh my god, that it was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there a daily affirmation that we can send Aubrey away with to help rebuild confidence?
Speaker 2: And yeah, get after it girl. Wake up every morning and look in the mirror and be like, get after it, girl, let's go.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I love that.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're so welcome. You're so welcome, and have the best time.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yes, check in with us in a few months, Okay, Aubrey, I will thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You're so welcome. You know what this reminded me of, Jane. I don't know if it was Ted Turner's book or your book. You tell me when the breakup on the plane when you guys, when he flew you to Atlanta, or he was dropping you off right and he was picking up his girlfriend? Was that what happened?
Speaker 5: I got I went from his private plane to get in my car, rented car to drive it to my daughter's house because I was now a single woman after a long long time. And I saw her leaving the hangar and going to I know she'd be sitting in my still warm seat. I knew who she was, and it was really really painful.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And if you can get through something like that, I think you know you can get through anything. Because that is heart wrenching.
Speaker 1: Well, let's take a quick break and we'll wrap up with one more quick question.
Speaker 2: Great, and we're back with Jane Fonda. Okay, what's our last question? Catherine? This has been awesome.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that. You're like, dear Abby, is this always what you do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, you know why I got so much out of my sessions with Dan Siegel. I was like, I gotta spread the love around. I was like, Oh, I know all the answers to all this shit, now let's do it. I started it as a kind of a joke, but it got pretty serious quickly, so I'm just going with it.
Speaker 1: But sure did well. Our last question comes from Misty. Dear Chelsea bottom line. First, my friend Jane is a loyal, good person who would do anything for her friends. We're both retired in our late sixties and very active with hiking, biking, and essentially any outdoor activity. She visits me once or twice a year for about two weeks. Jane has always been a talker. Literally, on a ten mile hike, she can talk the entire time, but lately her dissertations are over the top about her life, dramas, her family, her neighbors, and, most prominently, her health history. When Jane talks about her health, she goes into excruciating details that have anyone with us rolling their eyes. I'm having a very difficult time listening to the dramas over and over again. I feel like the only conversations we can have are the senior citizen fixations on illness, medications, etc. You may not have experiences yet, Chelsea, but just hang around seventy plus year olds for a while. There seems to be nothing else to talk about. I feel like I only have two options to deal with the situation. One tell Jane she has to stop this obsessiveness on herself. Two, just suck it up and tune it out, as I usually do, as Jane's visits are only a couple of weeks a year. And the third option I won't do is to totally diss her as a friend. I just can't do that. Although if I chose option one, she may never speak to me again. Maybe the problem is me. Am I disingenuous and should listen and offer support if I claim to be a real friend, Misty.
Speaker 2: I want to go first on this, Jane. I want to just say suck it up and be a friend. Your friend is in her seventies and going through a time, and what a real friend is is somebody who's there when they don't feel like being there, and they listen to stories that there may not be interested in. And that's part of being a friend. It's not always what you want to do or what you want to talk about. It's about showing up for other women. And you have a history with this person, and I think, just suck it up and be there and actually try to listen better instead of tuning it out. Listen better because maybe she's repeating herself because she's not getting any feedback from you because you are tuning her out. But I would say to think about the value of female friendship and show up. Jane, what do you think?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't entirely agree with you, Chelsea. I think if she's really your friend, that you should find a loving way of making her aware that being with her is a constant flow of her talking about herself and that you love her and so you want to hear about what she has to say, but that it's becoming so one sided and that you would like to I don't know, maybe you could help her find other things of interest in her life. So it's not just I mean, you know, I'm ten years older than she is. I'm also Jane. I also have health issues, but I have other things in my life, so I don't just when I get together with old people, we do talk about who has the most joints replaced and who's been you know, I mean, we do talk about it. It's kind of fun to see how much you have in common, but it's camp the only thing you talk about. I mean, my friends tell me. I want to be Chelsea's friends, so I'll tell Chelsea if I think that the behavior has been problematic, and people certainly tell me when they think my behavior has been and they're still my friends. That's what I want them for, is because they'll tell me the truth. So if you really want to be a friend, then I think you should tell her in a loving way, not break off your friendship, but just try to work together with her, both of you, to make her realize the impact she has on you as her friend who wants to love her. But it's becoming hard. You never asked me about your about me. Don't you care anything about me? You know? I mean, it's got to be a give and take, and I just I think you can do that in a loving way that will make her understand. I mean, maybe you know, maybe you don't know. It would be interesting to know. Does she drive a lot of her friends away? Other friends of her have the same problem that you're asking Chelsea about, and maybe nobody has taken the time or loved her enough to be able to say, wait a minute, now, this is becoming a problem, so let's deal with it. You're such a wonderful friend and an interesting person, but this is what's happening, so let's fix it. I mean, if you're hiking with her and friends of yours are rolling their eyes, then it's not just you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but don't you think sometimes younger people don't understand what older people are going through. There's obviously an age disparity and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and older people don't understand how boring they can get when all they talk about is you know what I mean. It's like, if she wants to maintain her friendship, somebody's got to say, hey, wait a minute, I love you and I want to be able to be with you when it's not just all about your ills and aches and pains.
Speaker 2: I was on a chair lift the other day and I have my hamike talking about my hip, and my friend's talking about her knee and my other friend and I go, guys, just let's stop. We're all young. Let's I mean, we're all in our you know, about to turn fifty next year. But I'm like, this is not what I want to be talking about. But I would only say that to someone my own age, Like I want to show deference to people that are older and give them the respect of listening.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to make a joke out of it. I mean, I love talking about my aches and pains and with other people talking about their aches and pains with me. But then, you know, then we have to make a joke about it and laugh at ourselves and just make it easier for younger people to say, yeah, you guys, come on, yeah.
Speaker 1: I do like joking about it and saying like, well, I guess we can't only talk about our aches and pains. What's what good things are going on in life right now? And kind of gently redirect.
Speaker 5: And I'll send us right back to talking about our aches and pain. What good things are happy? I mean, we live in right now.
Speaker 2: God, there's the climate that's always a pick me up. Jane Fonda. I love you, I adore you. I'm mean to see you in a couple of weeks. I can't wait. Thank you so much for your time today. Thank you for everything you've done. Thank you for being a beacon of light and a role model for all of us younger girls.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. Chelsea. You're younger than my children. I just want you to know, and I love that. I don't feel older than you, but that's okay. I love you too, Chelsea, and I want to be one of your girlfriends. I don't have this enough humored. I don't think to be here.
Speaker 2: Yes you do, you have plenty of humor. You are one of my girlfriends. I just am never in La But I will see you soon and we will re cement our bond.
Speaker 5: With Connie maybe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I'll text Connie right now. Make sure she's coming too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's not going to be here for a while. She's working with de Niro in New York.
Speaker 2: And oh yeah, she's pretending to be an actress. I told her nobody buys her acting, so hopefully she'll just give that up soon.
Speaker 5: Oh God, she's so good.
Speaker 2: I know she is good. Yeah, she is good.
Speaker 5: I love you soon.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye day bye. Okay, guys, so firs stand up. We added a second show in Sydney, and we added a second show in Prior Lake, Minnesota, which is now going to be May twenty fourth. We added the Santa Barbara Bowl, which is so fun. I performed there last year. That's August seventeenth, the Santa Barbara Bowl. We added a second show at Santa Rosa on August second, and we added two dates at Hawaii. Guys, I'm coming to Hawaii on July nineteenth to.
Speaker 1: CA Who Louis.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be at CA Who Louis, and then I'm coming on July twenty at to Honolulu. And I just added another date on August first Auburn, Washington. So and all my Australia and New Zealand dates are up, and I will be announcing a European tour shortly, so I will be coming there. And I'm coming to Oklahoma. I have two dates in Oklahoma. May third, which is my mother's birthday, Norman, Oklahoma, and May fourth, I'll be in Thackerville, Oklahoma. So Oklahomaans, Oklahomans Oklahom's Come Bye.
Speaker 1: If you'd like advice from Chelsea, shoot us an email at Dear Chelsea podcast at gmail dot com and be sure to include your phone number. Dear Chelsea is edited and engineered by Brad Dickert executive producer Catherine Law and be sure to check out our merch at Chelseahandler dot com