Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: With James Comey set to testify tomorrow. It is clear that President Trump is having a sad exclamation point week, and now, on top of all of that, his third favorite son, Eric is in hot water of his own.
Speaker 3: Late Tuesday, the President's son Eric lashing out at those who oppose his father's administration.
Speaker 4: So, with the destroyed Trump media floating baseless Russia conspiracy theories every second of every day, and of course Democrats on Capitol Hild desperately searching for any evidence of collusion president Trump's sons, they are now coming to his defense. I guess now the man himself, executive vice president of the Trump Organization.
Speaker 5: I've never seen hatred like this. I mean, to me, they're not even people. It's so so sad. I mean, morality's just gone. Morals have flown out the window.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 2: The same guy, the same guy who got so upset when Hillary called his dad's supporters deplorables, is now saying that Democrats aren't even human beings.
Speaker 1: Really, And he didn't even warm up to it in the interview.
Speaker 2: It was practically the first thing out of his mouth. I can really imagine what it's like on a first date with Eric.
Speaker 1: Hey, great to meet you, Ashley.
Speaker 5: Do you do anal.
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, but whenever I see this sort of thing, it makes me wonder, how did this person get this way? And then yesterday a story came out that sort of helped me understand a bit. Forbes magazine published an article exposing where some of the money that Eric Trump raised for charity was actually going.
Speaker 5: Now to that blockbuster new report raising serious questions about the Trump organization and charity golf events that were meant to raise money for children with cancer.
Speaker 3: Forbes magazine reports hundreds of thousands of dollars in charity expenses went to the Trump family only business, despite Eric saying many of the costs would be covered by the Trumps.
Speaker 6: You have money that starts as other people's donations where they think that they're giving the charity, and it appears to end up as revenue at a Trump club.
Speaker 2: Wow, taking money that was meant for kids suffering from cancer to line your own pockets, that is I mean, that is just.
Speaker 5: So so sad. I mean, morality's just gone. Mora als have flown out the window.
Speaker 1: My man.
Speaker 2: So so when I first read this story, I thought, Wow, this guy is such a dirt pag. But that's not entirely fair, honestly, because Eric Trump did raise millions of dollars for the same chewed children's hospital. In fact, they even put his name on a hospital wing. Right, I mean, not a picture, just his name.
Speaker 1: Right. Those poor kids have been through enough, but still they like him.
Speaker 2: And this brings us to how Eric went from using his incredible privilege to help the less fortunates to being the guy skimming from charities, and it turns out he fell in with a bad crowd.
Speaker 3: Forbes says problems started with the charity when Donald Trump allegedly demanded the foundation be charged for using the facilities.
Speaker 6: Donald came in and said, you know what, We're going to start billing you guys, even though there's a charity event, even though this is for kids for cancer, we want you guys to pay.
Speaker 2: Even though this is for kids with cancer, we want you guys to pay. That is heartless and also the theme of Trump's new healthcare plan. Oh and if that wasn't bad enough, Daddy Trump also starting He started charging his son's charity five hundred percent more than a venue would usually charge.
Speaker 1: That's what he also did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I guess at the end of the day, we're starting to understand that this is the curse of being one of Donald Trump's children. You can try and be good, but he'll be like.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, don't do that.
Speaker 2: You're a Trump And now Eric might as well be one of Trump's buildings. He's not as popular as he once was, and if you look deep, you'll find that he's also empty on the inside.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back.
Speaker 7: The accusations against our groper in chief. As a governor of New York. This guy was made a hero when he seems like he's maybe the biggest predator in American politics today.
Speaker 8: In recent weeks, Donald Trump Junior, the oldest least ERICI, son of Donald Trump, has been complaining that a politician has not been punished for his alleged sex crimes. It raises an uncomfortable question, does Don Junior know who his father is? Seriously, that's this week on Unsolved Mysteries MAGA edition. You might imagine that Donald Trump Junior definitely knows who his dad is. The man says the words my father more than the.
Speaker 7: Pope, my father, my father my father, my father, and yet.
Speaker 8: In recent years, a mysterious thing happened. Don Junior started talking like a man who had no damn idea that Donald Trump was his daddy. Listen to this.
Speaker 7: I wish my name was Hunter Biden. I could go abroad make millions off of my father's presidency. I'd be a really rich guy. It would be incredible.
Speaker 8: He knows who his dad is, right, because this is like the Kool eight Man complaining about other people crashing through walls and leaving Kool eight Man size holes.
Speaker 7: Whether it's Hunter, whether it's Joe Biden's brother, whether it's his sister, They've all spent their entire lives profiting of Joe Biden's taxpayer funded offices. Here Son, here's every job you've ever had.
Speaker 8: Does Don Junior think that he got that job at the Trump organization because he wrote a good cover letter? Does Donald Trump Junior not know what the word junior means? Just like he thought Saturday Night Live was abbreviated S and L. What explains this mystifying lack of self awareness? Is it possible that the unthinkable is truth that Don Junior doesn't know that Donald Trump is his father? Investigators have come through days of footage of Don Junior and Donald together but have not found a single hug or even an affectionate look between the two. Because really, if Don Junior does know that Donald Trump is his father, what could explain this.
Speaker 7: Joe Biden as a presidential contender is likely the most corrupted and potentially corrupted person to ever run for office of the presidency. Joe Biden doesn't know where he is fifty percent of the time. But a guy can't conform a complete sentence.
Speaker 5: It's almost like the whole Biden family is entirely dependent on Joe holding public office.
Speaker 8: Not only was he amis. If you have any information as to why Donald Trump Junior doesn't seem to realize that his father is Donald Trump, please contact Unsolved Mysteries before he starts complaining that Joe Biden is a racist text chief who couldn't even run a casino.
Speaker 1: No one's coming.
Speaker 8: Get off this, doctor Morley, it's my old foots.
Speaker 9: You know a lot of times on this Probram we're always talking about the problems in our society, but our society has much to celebrate.
Speaker 5: Everybody's talking about dad box guys.
Speaker 10: Who look like they go to the gym, but they also maybe enjoying the little Pete's a little beer.
Speaker 11: Elizabeth and I find him really attractive.
Speaker 3: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jason Siegel, and Seth Rogan have all been called dad boss.
Speaker 9: Undefined abs and maybe even a little bit of flabb are actually in.
Speaker 5: Women admitting that normal looking guys are the sexy ones.
Speaker 9: It's like Christmas came early this year for dudes because everywhere. Look there's Jollie Faton for more in the new Look That's driving women crazy. We're joined by senior women's issues correspondent Kristin Shawl.
Speaker 11: Kristin, Hello, Well, thanks John, and what a great day for men. It's time society Finally he's tepted that a man's body changes when.
Speaker 1: He has kids.
Speaker 11: He's spent nine months eating too much because his pregnant wife is stressing him out, and then there's a screamy baby at home. He's got to get out for pizza and beer as much as he can. It's just biology, John, you know, but a lot.
Speaker 9: Of those guys we just heard about, they're not even dad.
Speaker 11: You don't have to be a dad dad, a dad Bob. You just have to be really lazy, and women are lining up at the Dad Bob buffet, which is great news because now you don't have to worry about magazines like this shoving an impossible body image on your throat, like this chiseled triangle thing, you know, I'm talking about it, like the borderline between where the chest ends, you know, and then the fun begins.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 11: Let's just forget about these names, because it is God's John.
Speaker 1: Try rick this guy up.
Speaker 9: Okay, there we go, absolutely, here we go. Yes, okay, yeah, yeah, get rid of it.
Speaker 11: Good chuck, John, put all your well, you know who really loves this dad botching guys like you who get most of their exercise by turning from camera one to camera three.
Speaker 1: As a year old dad.
Speaker 4: I find this notion profoundly reassuring.
Speaker 11: It show's dad body.
Speaker 1: I wish I could. I'm going to get a beer pizza after the show, and I think women.
Speaker 5: Think you sort of nuts if you've got this sixty facts in.
Speaker 1: Like a dad Bod sandwich.
Speaker 11: Right, they're all having a really good belly laugh. Well, the guys are if that woman added belly at all, they would not let her on that show.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, of course.
Speaker 6: I mean maybe there's a good thing.
Speaker 9: Maybe maybe dad bod dad body is just the beginning, and it opens the door to celebrating the mom bods.
Speaker 11: Oh, sweet, sweet John, we're already obsessed with mombods, or at least how fast moms can get rid of them.
Speaker 4: There's a new breed of mom on the playground, dubbed mom shells.
Speaker 9: They're a hybrid of mommy's and bombshells. That's eleven months after giving birth to books amazing.
Speaker 1: She had a baby seven months ago.
Speaker 2: She has a five month old three months after having a baby, looking impulsively spelt perfect.
Speaker 9: Amazing, incredible, just weeks after giving birth.
Speaker 1: Figure too, she's used a baby.
Speaker 11: They're not real people, they're celebrities. Beyonce, Scarlett, Johansson, j Lo, Michelle Dugar.
Speaker 9: Michelle Tuger from the reality show of the nineteen Kids.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's how hot she is. Her husband is never not seeing her. Why do you think she has to hide her body under that sister wife dress to stop tempting the rest of us?
Speaker 9: Why is there so much pressure though, on women to be skinny? You know, it hasn't always been that way. Look at the Rubenesque women in those older paintings by.
Speaker 11: Right Picasso talk about impossible body standards. I spend years trying to get my nose on the side of my face and lit it. John. Women will never be able to relax about their bodies the way the men can.
Speaker 9: Well, it's too bad, because it feels great to be able to, you know, to not think about it the old feel good in the old dad.
Speaker 8: Bottom line, well.
Speaker 11: You earned it, daddy, O. All that not working out, focusing on other things besides your body. You want to just stand up and give the audience a little treat. Show them what I'm the adequate physic looks.
Speaker 1: Like I wanted to be objectify that.
Speaker 6: You you can take care of for fifty years.
Speaker 2: I don't have to ask the first.
Speaker 11: Goal with that shake, because they obviously did show off how your looks are not what society values most in you.
Speaker 9: Wait, hold on, I'm sorrying to feel it. Oh yeah, I'm sorry to feel it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, keep keeping, I'm sorry to feel it now acohol.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, here comes a turk. I'm a tark.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna I'm gonna.
Speaker 9: Kristin Shall everybody will be at that.
Speaker 2: What's going on how are you doing?
Speaker 1: My dude? What's up? Man? Is this weird for you? This is upsetting? What's upsetting? Upsetting? It can't be upsetting. It's just different.
Speaker 10: This this feeling, this vibe feels very red table talk right now, Like it's a little bit you.
Speaker 1: Know what your relationship. We can do that.
Speaker 10: You're gonna tell me how my wife is sleeping with an MB Say.
Speaker 1: Hey, my friend. We can do anything at this table. But how are you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I've been good man, good to see you. You you you're more than good. Like can I tell you? It's so much.
Speaker 2: Fun to watch good people get good things in life, you know, like you dude, you you were there at the very beginning of the Daily Show, My Daily Show. You know we went through the trenches together together, like where people like it's terrible, it'll never lost.
Speaker 1: These people are horrible. They're not funny. We felt at all. Yes, we rode through together.
Speaker 10: And and and to your credit, you didn't fire me and I and I really needed health insurance. At the time, it was like, yo, this dude from South Africa's here.
Speaker 1: Heads are about to roll.
Speaker 10: I just got married, Like I was like, bro, don't do this to me like, do this to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look at you now, look like, forgive me if I miss a thing. I mean Patriot Acts, Yes, multiple award winning show, Congratulations six seasons on Netflix. Then you leave that to go and do completely different things. I mean, then we see you in everything from like ads to shows that are like huge The Morning Show season two, Congratulation actually do with like reached with a spoon. I was like, is this am I was like, well, you're not just doing TV. You're on tour again. Yes, you put out Homecoming King, Yes, easily, like one of the most innovative shows that anyone had ever seen.
Speaker 1: Your new tour. Now you're doing the same.
Speaker 10: Thing, same sort of thing where I've always liked it. The lighting design, stage design, graphics. I just feel like my brain already works that way visually, and so I always loved shows.
Speaker 1: That were like that.
Speaker 10: And whenever you go to the UK or you actually watch theater, you see all those elements. Oh that's you see what I'm saying. When you go to when you see a show on Broadway, you see a show in the UK, you'll see act breaks, you'll see changes of color.
Speaker 2: You think of it as like the entire Productionally, I've always loved the visual experience of going to see music that way, going to see theater that way, and I always thought, why can't comedy be that.
Speaker 1: Here's a question I have. Yeah, it was the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you've got all of these visual elements.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: I don't want to give away like any big parts of the show, but I know you have a joke about infertility.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your infertility in particular, yes, which I was like, wow, okay, so I'm brave. So are they visual aids that go with that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 10: I didn't just like show a diagrabe, So speaking of my vas deference, I didn't do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but it's but to.
Speaker 10: Me, the what I love about comedy, in my favorite comedy is confessional. I'm going to tell you something I'm.
Speaker 1: Too afraid to tell other people.
Speaker 10: So actually, at the beginning of the show goes back to some of the conversations we had early on. I remember Beina and I were trying to get pregnant while I was still at the Daily Show, yep, and we could not get pregnant, and it was my fault. And I wasn't telling anybody about this, and I remember you would sometimes come up to me and be like, hey man, you like you look a little glom like are you okay?
Speaker 1: You'd be okay.
Speaker 10: You guys are like Indian Barbie and Ken, and I'm like, I know and kind of like can I I'm infertile.
Speaker 1: My genitals don't work.
Speaker 10: And that's like a it's a it's a thing you carry. It's not usually talked about for most men. And yes, I start to show that way, fertility, fatherhood, freedom of speech, all the things that I've been going through the.
Speaker 1: Past four or five years that jump. I don't even explain it.
Speaker 2: I just love that fertility, fatherhood, freedom of speech. I like how Yeah, it's like, of course, I mean, of course these things, these things go together.
Speaker 1: You're you're a father of too though. Now congratulation four and too. Yeah, you enjoying it?
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, it's you know, this is going to be public record, and I just want my children to know I it's been a thrill of a lifetime and it's it's a true honor of privilege being their father.
Speaker 2: Are your kids starting to like show you a bit of your funny back to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're really funny.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my daughter is like, really really really funny. She knows how to needle my wife and I yeah, Like the other day she was getting into it with Bena, and she knows.
Speaker 1: She knows.
Speaker 10: Like look when when comedians will make fun of each other, will go, I don't like that jacket, I don't.
Speaker 1: Like your hair.
Speaker 10: But her, she was arguing with Beina, and she knew, I'm not even gonna mess with nouns. I'm gonna go write at adjectives. I'm gonna go at your soul.
Speaker 1: She's like, Mommy, don't tell me what to do. You're fake. Wow.
Speaker 10: And Beina was just like wow. I was like, you should just make fun of the way she walks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't don't talk about the content of a character.
Speaker 10: That's actually crueler than being like I don't.
Speaker 1: Like your hair. But she nailed it. Yeah, she was like, you're fake. She knew.
Speaker 10: And I was like, hey, don't don't do that, don't be mean to mommy. And she's like, you're projecting. I'm like, well, what is happening?
Speaker 1: What is going on right now?
Speaker 10: Okay, let me tell you something that's I also want I want the twitter ati to know. I want everyone to know this.
Speaker 1: It was so cool of you.
Speaker 10: You also are one of the first people that kind of gave me my first test drive through fame. Remember you were my galadate.
Speaker 1: I no, no, I was your met galadate.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you go, and I remember I was being very awkward and weird, and you go, hey, man, you're being very awkward and weird. You need to enjoy this.
Speaker 1: Did I say that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: You go, hey, man, listen, listen, because you could see it in my eyes.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, that's true. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I said, yeah. I think I said you look uncomfortable. Yeah, I would say something they look.
Speaker 1: Awkward and weird. You know, you said it in a very kind way.
Speaker 10: I read the subtext and you go, hey, listen, man, And this was a really profound quote.
Speaker 1: You go, listen.
Speaker 10: If you see anybody that you respect or admire, you should take a selfie with them tonight. You should treat fame like a rental car. Take a spin around the block. That way, when they take the car back, you won't feel like they're taking a piece of you.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if you remember this.
Speaker 10: At the end of the night, we saw Nicki Minaj. Yep, she was walking down the stairs leaving the metgala, and I was too nervous to say anything, and you go, hey, Nikki, NICKI turned around, and you know, she was like.
Speaker 1: Dressed like doctor Seuss.
Speaker 10: She turned around and you go, look, it's your cousin.
Speaker 1: Take a photo with your cousin. And she was like what.
Speaker 10: No, And then she just walked up with their umbrella. And I'm so glad she said no, because I would have been that cousin that had the swollen testicle.
Speaker 1: You have the reason why she didn't get the vaccine. Gaddy images would have been like.
Speaker 10: Swollen testical manage is the reason why Nikki did not get the vaccine. Just getdy images, my goofy pit.
Speaker 1: It was a fun night. That was a fun night before I let you go though.
Speaker 10: Yes, Radio City Musical, Radio City Musical.
Speaker 2: Five shows, five shows, Man, Congress, Thank you man, Like like a thousand times, dude, I remember like where you'd be like stressed about a show. Yes, you'd be like, oh, man, is this going to set out?
Speaker 1: Is this going to do this? Is it? What do you think of it? And look at you now, yeah, man, you deserve all of them. Thank you for real man. One of the funniest people I know. One of the most insightful people.
Speaker 2: Just in like how you've lived, how you've enjoyed, how you've done your thing. I do have to like relearn your name, which is weird. I'm not gonna lie because it's like now I feel like I'm in your family, which I think you understand, yes, because like all my Indian friends have, like the way everyone says their name, and they say their name it like work, and then how their family says their name, like.
Speaker 1: The first time you hear. The first time you hear it will be like with the dad.
Speaker 2: So you'll be visiting, You'll be like, hey, Hassan, Hassan, Hassan and be like, hey, how's It's me Hassan, and then it'll be like Hassan and then.
Speaker 1: You're like who's that and You're like who's that? Yeah, And now I.
Speaker 2: Feel like I'm like almost overstepping boundaries and I'm like, oh, Hassan, I'm like, am I trying to be his dad?
Speaker 1: Am I trying to be you know?
Speaker 10: No, it's not that look for me. It just came to this moment in my career, in my life where I'm like all I really want to do is close the gap between who I am on Instagram and who I am on I Message.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Now, I'm I message made Okay. Yeah, so that's when do we get to WhatsApp?
Speaker 10: You WhatsApp means it's really wild.
Speaker 1: That's where it gets my message.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, yeah, And that's that's what I want to show the world, you know, And that's what the show is.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. I will be at the show. Thank you, Congress, my dude everything that. Appreciate you so much fun, Thank you.
Speaker 12: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show weeknights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Fairmount Plus.
Speaker 1: This has been a Comedy Central podcast now