Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Jim Stanebeck along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with us as Bloomberg News Equities reporter Alexandra Samonova. We got to start with oil stocks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is all about the oil stocks today. This is after President Donald Trump vowed to revive Venezuela's oil sector. Of course, after the capture of Nicholas Maduro over the weekend. I'm taking a look at Chevron here, really big move on the stock of about five percent. So this is, of course the only American oil major that is operating in the country under special permissions. And also, of course Knoko Phillips and Exon Mobile are climbing today. We also got some news that US Energy Secretary Chris Wright plans to talk this week with some of the executives of these companies about their efforts in Venezuela. He will be attending the Goldman Sacks Energy, Clean Tech and Utilities Conference in Miami. Obviously, the risk of investing in the country is really high, so they're going to have to discuss what that looks like. President Trump has said that it will take billions of dollars to resuscitate the energy sector there, and Secretary of State Mark or Rubio said that companies would need certain guarantees and conditions to move forward with this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would bet right. I mean, first of all, the energy infrastructure needs a lot of work, right, and then what are the guarantees going forward if you make investments today that it lasts in the longer term, those things are not inexpensive, all right. So oil stocks definitely on the move. Talk to us about some calls out of Goldman today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like all the analysts across Wall Street are back at their desks upgrade everybody's backstocks over at Goldman. One of the companies that is faring well today's Coinbase. It got a buy rating there. I'm looking at shares up about nine percent right now. Analysts there see growth potential from new products like tokenization and prediction markets as well. They also highlight the fact that their subscription service offerings have risen from five percent to forty percent of their revenue over the past five years, so that could bode well for shares. They also say that the company deserves a higher multiple given the revenue that they've gotten and also recent underperformance makes it a good entry point. And then on the flip side of that, actually e Toro got downgraded to neutral. There they said that margins are lagging peers due to a more competitive backdrop. So busy day across the Wall Street analyst desks.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking at coinbase down. It's up fourteen percent just this year, so in two trading days. That's pretty substantial, but down close to forty percent from those highs of last summer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so a ways to go. So hence maybe the undervaluation, if you will, exactly if you're looking at the top at the top chip.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about chips, Carol, we were.
Speaker 4: Talking about jops. I am talking about chips. I feel like semiconductors. We've seen a lot of opperformance there. Qualcom, though, is one name on your list.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We can't leave at this desk without talking about the AI and chip related stocks and Qualcom today is the.
Speaker 4: First time I'm saying AI today. I think for the most.
Speaker 1: No AI and the energy Sorry, girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but for the most part, usually it's AI everywhere.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and that's probably going to continue for as long as we know. So. Qualcom is extending its push into the market for processors that are the heart of personal computers with its new X two plus processors, so it has two versions, one with a ten computer core and one with six. This apparently includes powerful neural processing units that will make these computers work faster and go longer periods without needing a source of power. Pretty incredible, and we can expect to see a lot of announcements like this at the CES conference this week. It's going to be basically like a chess popping conference for the tech company, so expect those to keep moving.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.