Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: I'm Cavino. Perhaps you know me from the store. Perhaps you saw me at Costco this weekend taking over the free samples. That's right, I go two or three times. Perhaps you know us from the world famous Cavino and Rich Joe Budday to Friday, five to seven on the East two to four. Out here on the west side, that's Rich Davis. Perhaps you know him from Pop two Pay on series six. So I'm two pay, I'm sorry to Pop two kick. I'm John Cena. Or perhaps you know him from his OnlyFans page, Rich Davis. Everybody, guys, And by the way, I did not have an only fans but I just saw some girl on social media like telling everyone like, f you, I've made ten mil And I'm like, is that the template? Sadly for young women now? Like who cares what anyone thinks? Well, if they're making that kind of money, never say never, you don't know. We got Danny g super produced.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Danny? Hey Danny. He's the guy with the smooth buttery voice. He's on the phones at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. That's eight seven to seven, nine, six, sixty three, sixty nine, and we get you involved. We give away prizes, we have fun. It's a Taco Tuesday. Let's do this. It's NFL Draft weeks, so lots to talk about. We got spot on the Videos, the most interactive show at Covino and Rich and we're live from Mercedes Benz Studios and Express Employment Pros. The professionals can provide contract workers to flex up for peak seasons without having to raise your core workforce head count. Manage your workforce differently. Visit expresspros dot com today, that's Expresspros dot Com. It'speaking to go and pro Who is gonna go pro? This Thursday night in the draft, you gotta find out. The Fox Sports Radios Draft party is going down APM Eastern throughout the whole first round. We got Jets general manager Joe Douglas. We got Jay Glazer, we got LeVar Arrington. You just heard for two pros at a Cup of Joe. We got Jenny Taft and all thirty two picks throughout the first round. That's Thursday, APM Eastern right here on Fox Sports Radio, presented by Express Pros. Now on this show, we got whacked diesel stopping by. He usually stops by on Tuesdays. We do some NBA Shack Diesel trivia and we give away prizes a brand new stainless steel swiggy water bottle. You're gonna get that. Later on, we'll talk some AJ Brown stolen items, the club of AJ Brown when his car was stolen. Pretty funny. Yeah, but you know, it's that feeling. It's the principle of losing. It doesn't have to be something valuable, like a car. It could be just the principle of it, something annoying. And we'll take your phone calls. Something you lost along the way, that was stolen along the way. Nico Harrison got to talk about him, the biggest glow ups. We have lots to get too, rich but first and first mostly good day and good morning again Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick. I gotta say congrats to Show Hill, Tenny, congrats to show. Hey, what do you do? A related show? Hey, he became a dad.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I thought I was like to hit some more bombs or something. Yeah, do you do. I don't know what we talked about for the first half hour before we got here. Oh, I didn't know, I didn't know if there was an update on Showhy, congrats the show. He's a dad. I mean he's awesome. I mean every day he warrants a congratulations. No, who's greater than that guy? Who is more math massive and Macedonian than sho heo t I mean, my dude athlete in sports right now, my gut. Lindor hit two home runs last night. I mean, good for Lindor and your goofy Mets. You mean the best record in baseball, goofy Mets. I don't care about your Mets, and I don't care about Wan Soto. Wan Soso. By the way, Dodgers were off last night. That's why I'm like, well, there's show. Hey is a dad, he had a baby, and Wan Soto looks like he's six months pregnant. Jealousy. We'll only get you so far. I mean, as a Yankees fan, you think I care about Wan Soto and your Mets. No, and we're talking about show, Hey, what does Soto have to do with it? What are the Mets have to do with show? Hel Tani, you brought up Sodo, not me, You brought up the Mets. I was congratulating my guy, heck, you deny it. Lindor's Monster Night. Well, it is about Otani because he did become a dad. And you know the difference though, show Hey transcends fandom, he transcends your rooting interest. He's just one of those next level guys like Michael Jordan, like Bo Jackson, guys that you love, Ken Griffy Junior, guys you loved the regardless of team you had their poster. Even though you're a die hard whatever fan, you still rooted and loved those guys because it represented greatness. Listen, that's show Hey Otani, and I get it. Every kid's gonna love them. I respect them, gotta love them the same way we had our childhood heroes on teams that weren't ours. It's it's a fact. Baseball's going through something. And when when I say going through something, it's a good thing, magical. They're going through something magical right now, Baseball renaissance. I was talking to Rob Parker from The Odd Couple here in Fox Sports yesterday. I love Rob Parker. Yeah, Rob Parker and I were talking about how maybe five to ten years ago, the baseball landscape was like Mike Trout's the best baseball was Dodo and it was like besides Mike Trout, who no one could pick out of a police lineup, and a couple other randoms like who are the faces of baseball now? Now show Hey, Judge Lendor, Bryce Harper, Paul Skeens, Bobby Witt, junior latist, junior, lattist junior. It's unbelievable how baseball is in a moment, right, it's having a moment. Elie de la Cruz is having a renaissance. I'll give you the lamest analogy. I said, it's like the Disney renaissance of the nineties. Remember Disney hadn't done anything since like Pinocchio. Pinocchio, remember was the last thing. The Little Wooden Boy was their last thing. Geppetto and Pinocchio, and then all of a sudden in the nineties they came out with a Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast and but yeah, and between that, there was nothing. You were still watching Peter Pan and then all of a sudden, boom explosion. I know that's a corny example, but they often talk about the Disney renaissance. I don't think it's baseball renaissance of the twenty twenties, bro does it like a good Disney movie. They refer to that era as the Disney Renaissance. I often hear that. You know that because if you're if you're roughly fortyish, your childhood had none of those new movies. You were still watching the old crapper of your parents, like oh, Cinderella, and you know, like you said, Pinocchio, Hi, we're still watching that crash Now you're still And by the way, little fun fact, do you know in the high Hose song, when he's shouting out the host, hi ho, hi ho, you know what they say, it's home from work we go. That's they say it's home. First they say it's off to work we go. But then they say home from where we go? Is that one of those Mendel fx. Yeah, but they lean into you know what they really say They say both actually, but a lot of people don't know that. So anyway, the point is we went generations. We went decades without anything good from Disney. We went a few decades with boring baseball because it was too long, no superstars. Mike Trout's a great example of what we described. You had big names, but they weren't breaking through. They weren't household names. You're you're it's the mom test. Your mom didn't know Mike Trout, she went none of she saw him. I mean he's not gone, he's still there. In fact, I believe he leads the league at home runs or two. He's definitely having a nice little comeback season. But yeah, everybody knows Shoha, everybody knows Juan Soto, everybody knows Paul Skans. You know, this is a great time for baseball for sure. And the leader of that pack show, hey o Tani became a dad. Oh you know what else helps it rich? Before we move on to that, the base explosion. Kids are excited about that. I mean they wore hand in hand stars. People want their cards. I mentioned it yesterday. I went to get some baseball cards with my kids. Not cheap these days. Would you say thirty bucks a pack? Thirty bucks for a jumbo pack of like forty cards, more than a leptoance. That's crazy, two left hances, that's nuts on a cheap night. But let's get back to Atani, because there's a story that you and I were going back and forth on off the air. Yeah, Sho Hao Tani, is best known for not only being a generation generational player, maybe the best since Babe Ruth, maybe better. I mean he's a mammoth for what he's done. But he also looks like a movie star. According to Donald Trump, guy looks like a movie star. Oh Tony, Oh Donny, Donny so funny show hey has known has been known to have his dog decoy. In fact, decoy the dog has been part of his bobbleheads. Yep, it's famous decoying. The dog was part of the light show, the Dodgers light show, that drone show they do. He's famous. He's a famous dog because he's Show Hayes dog. I mean, not only is it Show Haes dog. They made an announcement about this dog on social media. Like he said, he was part of the light show. He's part of a bobblehead on a right, Yeah, he to a first pitch. So the dog is famous. We get the point. But here's my second point that Cavido and I disagree on and we would love to hear from you here on the Dan Patrick Show, Fox Sports Radio Nation. My feeling is this, you could love your dog. I love my dog. Twelve years old in her Golden years my little French bulldog Piper. I think you love your donk. There's no debating that you love your dog. But you're not a dog guy. I'm not a dog at all. Listen, man, my dog sleeps every night. My dog's next to us all the couch every day, watching the game, may days a week. Do you walk your dog? It's not about that. It's different. French bull dogs don't go for long walk to your dog. I'll look it up. I'm outside all the time. I see French bulldogs and I get it. Yours is older and overweight. That's because you don't walk it. No, it's because French bull dogs. I mean, this is not a dog show, bro, This is not the point. You're not a dog guy. That's the point. You're not a dog guy. Shohio Tani is very much a dog guy. And you think I want to show your dog love. Yeah, you know, spending time with your dog, yeah, I think so. H huh. Keeping its health a priority, yeah. I think that means loving your dog, getting it good food and stuff like that, and not eating your leftover McDonald's. So decoy the dog dog leftover Donald's a lot of people, I guess decoy. The dog was a major priority for show. Hey was famous in La, a famous doggie. Rich said yesterday that well, obviously it comes second, and he's gonna hate his dog. He hates his dog, now hates his dog? Now, no, he doesn't. He's a dog guy. I think it matters what type of guy you are. Basically, when you have a kid, your dog takes the back seat. That's the truth. I'm not denying or debating that. But for you to think the show he all of a sudden doesn't care about his dog, I think that's false. I do. I think that's false. Five. You've said like five things that make me want to strangle you, But I won't focus on them. I'll focus on the one thing, which is when you have a kid. Even dog lovers go through this realization of like, yeah, I really don't care that much people that put you You put boots on your dog. No, your girlfriend bought shoes for your dog. My girlfriend bus shoes. Never won a dog. It's a little foofy La dog and I take walks and his feet will burn in the hot sun in La. I am not defending it. I did not buy them. That's her nonsense. It's more her dog. Even though I love this doggie. You bought this dog a doggie cake for Easter. I did not. Again, that's my girlfriend and her foofy dog. I did not buy him anything. And then Rich'll say I dress him up. He has one Yankees jersey that she bought him. Has nothing to do with me, So he's he's painting a fault. Is everything just blamed on the girlfriend. Yeah, because I didn't buy any of these things. But this is the first dog that I really sort of got into and raised on my own. So if I had another kid, of course, the dog takes a back seat. You raise. I don't stop taking care of the dog. No dog people do. You don't raise dog people. You put it through school. Rich said, You said raise it. Rich said, and I quote when his dog rest in peace, when it dies. I feel bad he's not getting another dog. You know why, because he doesn't care about pets. And I don't blame you. I never really did either. I'm not a dog guy. This is the first dog I ever cared about. And I understand what you're saying. When I had my daughter, we're both dads. For the record, When I had my daughter, I had two dogs at that time. They totally took a back seat to your kid, which is a priority. I also can't stand the people that compare dogs to animals. It's not the kids, dogs the kids. It's not the same. It absolutely is not. But Rich is saying that show Hey hates his dog. Now the dog. You're never gonna hear about decoy the dog again. I'm telling me, I said, well, it depends on show Hey. I think he's a dog guy. I think he still cares. And then you incorporate the dog like it's part of the family now, like it's one big family with the dog. I get it, and everyone does that. I'm just saying. The reality, though, is listen, your dog still on the Christmas car with the family. Your dog is still you. That's not everybody. That's not everybody. All right, My girlfriend, she loves her dog, she's obsessed with it. She doesn't care. Do I think that's misdirected love and all that stuff. Yeah, when she has a kid, she'll probably pour everything to the kid. But that dog is not being forgotten about because she's a dog person. You are not, So you can't speak for everybody. That's my point. You like a person that's twenty something that says, Oh, when I get older, I'm gonna have just as much sex. You'll see you like a person as you don't. You're like a person. You like a person that's fifty. That's like, I'm gonna get in the shape I was in when I was twenty something, Like some things are just not real life. And you have a dog that you love, and then all of a sudden you introduce children into your life. The dog you can still love, but you're not buying little booties for your dogs doing all this and Dodgers fans. Rich is saying, show, hey hates his dog. I quote this, by the way, I'm not making hates his dog.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 2: It's over for decoys and the dog is second to the kid, which is obvious, but he's he's insinuating that. You know, the dog is just no one cares about the dog anymore. It's all about this kid. And I'm like, well, if show he really loved his dog that much, the dog is still a major part of the picture, major part. You know what, I'll give you one. I think Luis c. K or Bill Barr two comedians. I love her. I mean being racist towards redheads. Pick one, figure it out. One of them has a bit I think it's Luis c. K where he's like, people like, oh, I love my dog, and he's like, but you love your kid. He goes, what would you do if your dog bit your kid? He's like, I would kill my dog. I would not, you know, like he does this whole bit about like like you very much will decide so rich. By the way, the dog killer here wants to know your thoughts. Vic. You're you just said and kill your dog. So this is the type of guy we're talking about. You're right, the dog the guy if your dog bit your kid, you'd kill your dog. Okay. So eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, Joe Hayo Tani is a new dad. Congratulations And by the way, I totally agree. The baby clearly is the priority. That's not a debate. I've been there, I know it. I used to get disgusted when people would come up to my kid in the stroller and they'd be commenting on my puppies. I'm like, hello, I have a kid here.
Speaker 5: Now what if their little daughter looks like kind of like an alien and not as cute as decoy at first, Is she still the priority?
Speaker 2: No ugly kids get no love. I'm telling ye, it's so your thoughts. I think. Let me make my point clear again. I'm Covino. It depends on the person. I'm not really a dog guy. I am now kind of I never was. Rich clearly not. So we agree that the kid's going to take priority. That's just a give and that's just life. But Rich is saying, well, the dog gets sort of forgotten, and I'm saying not if you're a dog person, what are your thoughts? Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox eight seven seven ninety nine On Fox is Decoy Out, Decoys Out? Baby Girl in Hey Listen, shel hair Tani hates his dog is an MVP caliber guy. Every year he plays, he's traveling around the country, around the world. The Dodgers have been around the world, plus throwing a new wife, a new baby and everything. Decoy. I hope they remember to feed them. I'm thinking, maybe you've never bonded with the dog the way I'm currently bonding with mine. If I had another kid, yeah, of course, the kid is going to take up all of your time and all of your love. But I'm still gonna have a special bond with that dog. He's my buddy.
Speaker 3: So and.
Speaker 2: You know, I see what you're saying, but your thoughts, I've eight seven seven ninety nine. I think it's obvious. We'll get to your feedback on a Tani. We'll talk a little more baseball and oh Tanny. With the NFL Draft coming up in two days, which is why dp's gone, Dan Patrick, those guys will be in Green Bay, Wisconsin, so you'll hear DP live from someplace of cheese. She's a cheese store. Now there'll be a Draft Central the next couple of days, So thank you DP for fill in. But with the draft a couple of days away, I do want to talk about your biggest draft letdowns. I mean, you could say in any sport, really, I know, but LA definitely, because I just remember you screaming about it. So the ones way you got it totally wrong. We'll get to that. Plus we'll go over last night's NBA playoffs a little bit lot coming up, But right now, if you want to chime in on this Otani decoy scenario, is it just obvious that when you have a kid, think your own life when you had a kid, Even if you loved your dog. If you're laying in bed with your kids, sometimes you got you put the dog on the floor, like the dog just becomes second fiddle. And that's that's normal behavior, your feelings, your thoughts. Next right here Covino on Rich in for the great Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weak from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too. Take your phone calls. Chop it up, as they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific. And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media, that's Covino and Rich. All right, that's the great. Scott Farrel says, shake it out, Light them up, light up the phones. Speaking of great We're in for the great DP What's Up and Rich in for Dan Patrick. No hat trick though, just today, just today. We're not here the next two days, so don't worry about it. We won't be here tomorrow. We'll be on our regular time slot five to seven on the East two to four out here on the West side. Coveno and Rich everything at Covino and Rich. Shout out to everybody on the iHeartRadio app and all the affiliates What's Up affiliates, thank you guys for hanging out with us. We're giving away prizes later today, so stick around for that and of course we'll be talking NFL draft. Yeah, I want to talk to some draft next. But Show Hey, oh Toney, as Trump calls him, I love that. Show Hey is famous for having a dog decoy decoys also for the team. He's also famous for being fifty to fifty and one of the best players of all time. But the people love that show Hey was a dog guy. That's the difference between him and you. I can't even say me and you because I'm not necessarily a dog guy. I'm sort of turning into a dog guy. Point is, his dog is thrown out the first pitch. His dog has been part of Bobbleheads. And I said to you in passing yesterday, and you got all worked up because I said, well, now that Otani has a kid, he has a beautiful daughter. Congratulations to show Hey and his wife. He posted pictures of her lit little baby feet. Yeah, I said, well, dog's taking a back seat, and you insinuated that real dog lovers don't. And I'm like, no, no, no, the minute you have a kid, the biggest dog lover goes from treating their dog like a child to treat dog. No, no, no, you did that because you're not a real dog person. You did that, and I don't blame you for doing that because kids take a priority. But real dog people they just make it one big happy thing and they include the dog because they don't stop loving their dog the way you did. That's really it. You don't stop loving your dog. It just priorities kick in and you're like, yeah, I got a real human now. Also, this living thing is just sitting there like, oh, looking at you like, yeah, I used to look Jimmy, my pampered dog? Yeah what from toy story? You just a living, breathing dog. But my dog's not in the in the yard and like a doghouse on a chain like an eighties cartoon. My dog, My dog is pampered. I'm just saying, no, you' you speak of a guy who's not a dog person. I agree with you, and you're entitled to act and feel however you want, but you're speaking on behalf of everybody. Is if everybody agrees with you, and I'm saying no, they don't. I kind of agree with you, but I promise you, real dog people do not feel the way you feel if you put your dog in a stroller. Okay, that's that's a little. That's kind of like my line. Yeah, that's absurd. If you call your dog your child, well that's yeah, that's also a little absurd when you do these things. But it's my fir baby. Give me a break. When you have children still love your dog. I just think it's funny that show. Hey now has a show hay oh, Tony now has a dog he loves and his dog just not as much. Allison in Hollywood? What's up Allison?
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, I have to tell you you are absolutely right. I don't know which one it was that, you know, put his dog to the side after his daughter, but I will guys that you're.
Speaker 2: Absolute Well that's sad. I feel sorry for your dog. Turned down ready, Elison, let's hear what you gotta say. Turn down your ready, feel sad for your little dog Waffles.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you, guys, real dog lovers they just incorporate him as part of the family. I've had so many dogs, and let me tell you do the statistics. Dog people live longer and they're also happier. So you just incorporated I know that Decoy is just going to be part of the family, like my baby is the stroller.
Speaker 2: Did you tell you do you call your dog your baby?
Speaker 4: I do, but he doesn't toller, right, dog.
Speaker 2: Is also your pet's not your baby part.
Speaker 4: Of my family. And one other fact, yeah, statistically the help with children.
Speaker 2: I agree. So she actually agrees with me, Thank you, Alice. I'm just keeping it real. I have a dog, my kids, My dog every day different Like I had two chihuahuas, right, yeah, I I sort of and regretfully I'm not proud of this. Put them aside when I had my daughter, okay, because I wasn't really that into them, but I cared about him. This dog I have raised since it's a puppy, and I feel different about it. Of course I'm gonna make if I ever had another kid, my kid's gonna be priority. My daughter now is priority. But I still don't think that I would treat this dog the way I treat the other dogs because I'm more of a dog guy now, because I kind of get it, and this dog's more aware and more of my pal and he's he just seems more alerting with it. I wouldn't toss him aside like he doesn't matter anymore. That's just sad. Jim in OHI you're on a coven on wretch. What's up, Jim?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 2: What's up? Man? How you doing what?
Speaker 6: I love the show, love every time you guys come on during the daytime when I'm at work. But yeah, you're still my five to seventh flot here on the East Coast.
Speaker 2: Thanks brother.
Speaker 6: So I will tell you guys this, and believe me. I'm fifty seven, I'm a grandfather, and I have a puppy head and again I still call her my puppy. She's nine, and I know how to protect them from my grandchildren. But priority in this house is my wife, my puppy, my grandbabies, and then my kids.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 2: And by the way, let me let me prove that people's love for animals and pets it is a little absurd. If they switched out decoy the mascot at Dodger Stadium for the baby, it wouldn't get as much cheers. People love the dog, people want the dogs. People dog people love animals. And I think they throw show Hayes baby's feet up on the screen, you're gonna get the same response. They're not the I think that alone is proof. In my pudding, I'm just giving you what I think is the reality. But people love their pets and the exhibit A. There's athletes that have been accused of murder and people are like, I'm still root for him. Michael Vick like spent the last decades trying to repair his image for hurting dogs. So so you know, and you forgive Michael Vick because you're a reasonable guy. What makes you think that the way you feel is the way all animal and dog lovers feel. That's what I'm saying. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying I don't think everybody feels like you where they toss their dog aside because they have a kid. That's what you said. You said he hates his dog? Now show hey hates his dog? Now? Who cares about decoy? So your thoughts. We love the feedback and phone calls at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, but we have to move on and move forward. We'll still take your calls, but hit us up at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. Hashtag Covino is right, hashtag show hayes dog hashtagtag Rich as a muso. I want to talk to NFL Draft because she said h you know, Dan Patrick's headed there to Green Bay. Angle one of this. I want to talk about what in your lifetime. Let's pick a round number eight Eight's kind of round. It's got nice curves. Zero eight eight got you going. Yeah. So I don't want to say I want to say nineteen eighty. I want to say nineteen eighty relatively, the last like forty five years. You want to go nineteen seventy five, fifty years ago? Say modern history? All right, then the modern times, flying man. Yeah, let's just say in the last fifty years, round number nineteen seventy five to twenty twenty five. Okay, last fifty years. Wow, Which, by the way, when you say the seventies, does everyone else still still think thirty years ago? Yeah? Everybody does. Oh thirty years ago, you mean like nineteen seventy seven. Nope. What in the world of sports and entertainment has gotten the biggest as the kids say, glow up? What's gotten the biggest? Glow up? And I say that because when we get ready for the NFL Draft, if you remember watching the documentary the thirty for thirty from Lway to Marino, about two of the greatest quarterbacks early eighties. The footage they show from the NFL Draft, I talking like, and this is not even the beginning days of it. This is the eighties. It's a bunch of dudes. I picture dude smoking cigarettes in a wood paneled room. Looks like a Little League with beige phones with chords on. I'm telling you, my little league had the same sort of draft vibe. I felt like theft the draft. This year it's a bank guy smoking cigars talking about people you didn't know. This year it's in Green Bay. I feel like in the eighties it was in a VFW hall. I feel like the NFL draft went from the most low budget looking like I said, owners and gms just sort of sitting around. They had like a batphone with I like a beige phone with a cord and red button eye. Yeah. And now hundreds of thousands of people flocked to a city. Oh, it's a seed, it's televised. There's fireworks, there's celebrity presenters, oceans of peace. There's someone in the back on the spot printing out jerseys for the players to hold up. It's an operation. There's a graphics package. It's a whole celebration.
Speaker 5: Last year in Detroit an estimated almost eight hundred thousand people over the three days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's insane, Danny. There's someone on hand. As of last year. Remember we talked about how there's now people doing AI of what that person looks like in the new jersey and on the new team. This guy's drafted within two seconds. Their AI digital team has mock up, so what this guy looks like running in the new uniform. So we went from guys smoking cigars at a beige VFW hall with wood panels to a spectacle where almost a million people flock to a city. I think the NFL draft used to take place in your grandparents' basement. That next to that thing that used to shake their waist. Yeah, I love that wood panel going on. I think it was your grandpa's house. So I got asked, what else in our life has had the glow up at the same level as the NFL Draft? And I have two other things that come to mind, and I want you guys to answer the list. Number two and listen, we're fresh off of it. In fact, you saw Paul Hayman talk about Shannon Sharp on Pat McAfee show. You see that the impact WrestleMania left behind. Over the last couple of days, WrestleMania and wrestling went from your grandfather talking about Hey, you know Bruno sem Martino. It was a bunch of harry chested European guys grappling. Such a low budget opposition. We got a bunch of fat guys and singlets with Harry uppermanthat let's get one guy from east each of European country and be like, oh, I'vian Putski. He's the Polish guy, Bruno Sam Martino, he's the Italian guy. And it was just a bunch of I forget the baby oil. It was a bunch of grappling, middle aged, moderately in shaped guys. It was such a lowly, dimlt low budget operation. Like think of how like glom it looked when you were watching those videos as a kid in the eighties and before the only sitement was maybe a George the Animal still eating a turn buckle. That was that was. But I'm saying it was so low budget once the eighties hit. I recently saw a clip of the Hulkster, who we've had on the show of the Years. Hulk tells the story brother brother of how he paid off. The sound guy at one of the arenas threw him a few hondo and said, yo, play I have the Tiger when I come out, and he played I The Tiger crowd went nuts. Soon after, I have a question for you. Wrestling said, oh, theme songs and then Hogan took that real American song that was, you know huge? Did the Eye of the Tiger as a saying? Right, the eye of the Tiger? He hit me with the exist Or did Rocky Balboa? Did Sylvester Stallone write that and it became a thing? Or did Survivor come up with it? Was that always a saying? Or is that something that Stallone invented? Absolutely? And then Apollo says, you lost the Eye of the Tiger a good one. So you're asking in the sports world, like in the seventeen first like, did Terry Bradshaw say, liken the eye of the Tiger? Like was that a Was that a thing an expression prior to the movie or did the movie make the expression? The movie absolutely popularized the expression. Oh it's like Dartha. Kavino and I have had an argument about another one of these. I said, the movie American Pie gave us the word milf and Kavino's like, no, that existed. I'm like, I don't think it did. Me and my friends from Union, New Jersey used to say MILF when we were in junior high. You didn't, we did. You should have sawd my friend's mom. We used to say it all the.
Speaker 1: Sudden stop it.
Speaker 5: Maybe it wasn't so mainstream rich, but I think it was a round prior to that movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we used to say Barry's mom has got it right now? Yeah, all the time. So what has gotten the glow up at the same level as wrestling and the NFL Draft? If you can think of anything else in society, movie, sports, entertainment, TV, you something in society that you're like, yo, that got a glow. Let's make it clear too about wrestling, since we just passed the WrestleMania weekend. Just the graphics alone, when they're walking out in a spectacle of it. Forget about the fans. How many fans were there, like seventy thousand fans Andy, Yeah each day, Like again, oceans of people like packed like sardines, people going wild. But just like the overall production that's the word I'm looking for. The production value event is just it's it's better than the Super Bowl Day one. I watched that with the weekend like a lot of people. I think the first match to one of the wrestlers, Jay Uso, his entrance was as long as like a Tyson Fury twenty minute intro, like getting the ring. For God's sake, the most majestic entrance we had growing up was mister Perfect's music That's about and he just walked down, you know, throwing a towel and it so was it Now it's the laser light show. It's insane. It just looks so big. It looks like a really big, well produced event. However, are you're right? It's got a glow up. However, speaking of mister Perfect, every guy spits out his gum and hits it with his hand because of mister Perfect. I mean, only the cool guys do that.
Speaker 5: Rich, I have one that is a major production.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Just used to be a little convention for nerds, but Comic Con now the largest comics, sci fi fantasy event in the whole world.
Speaker 2: Comic Con went from nerd fast to a global phenomenon where people need to buy tickets the flights to San Diego and New York. Comic Con. Comic Con took on a life of its own, panel shows where celebrities come in and talk to the fans. You guys know about SoCon, don't no, not fall Fear No no SoCon No no, no, no. Okay, you know what I got. I got two more. I don't want to steal the answers, but we'll take your feedback next. Hey, let's be interactive. Let's chop it up eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox Covino Rich in for Dan Patrick. Other than the NFL Draft, that's the number one answer. What has gotten the biggest glow up over the last fifty years as far as production, the way it looks, the way it is. We got all your feedback next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You didn't create the word milf? Yeah, Steve Cavino, inventor of the word milf. Not true. Me and my friends from Union, New Jersey. We used to say that in junior high. Nope, American Pie popularized it seriously. So anyway, we're Covino and Rich in for the great Dan Patrick. Always a pleasure. It's good to see you, guys. Hope you're having a great week, exciting week, NFL Draft week. We'll talk about it. US Buddy Shack, Diesel Trivia, multiple choice, NBA trivia games are heating up, some great games. Last night. Hope you had a Piston's Clippers sword. Tonight we'll do some trivia and give away some prizes. Lots of fun always here on Covino and Rich. And that being said, Rich, before we go to the phone calls, I want everyone to check out our bonus podcast, over Promised. It's sweeping the nation. You could watch it, you could listen. It's on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page. And last week we had Coach Ballgame on. If you're into kids' sports or you're a coach, Coach Ball Game is awesome. And this week we got KFC from Barstools stopping by over Promised. It's our bonus show Fox Sports Radios YouTube page or wherever you stream your podcasts. Nice live from the Mercedes Benz Studios. Let's go to your feedback. The question was simple, Yeah, NFL Draft is Thursday. We saw almost a million people go to Detroit.
Speaker 1: Billions and millions and millions.
Speaker 2: We've seen millions of people come out for these things. The NFL Draft in Green Bay, in fact, that's where Dan Patrick and the dan Atts are today. They're on their way. It's a spectacle. Much like WWE went from old oily guys grappling to a billion dollar industry. That's two nights of WrestleMania. So I said it right old school, like early wrestling is a bunch of like Harry farn dudes and Vince McMahon senior always had someone representing, had someone representing each yes, each ethnicity, the stereotypes. It was like Ivan Putski, you're the Polish guy. They Bruno San Martino, you're the Italian guy. And now look wrestling in So I said, what in our life and let's just say the last fifty years nineteen seventy five, I wasn't even born yet, but we'll go seventy five to twenty twenty five, what has gotten the biggest glow up? And I said, the NFL Draft and WWE wrestling are the top answers on the boy. Can I throw two things into this? Yeah? All right? Before we go to the phones, eight seven seven, ninety nine on Fox. As far as glow up, how about Carrie Underwood's legs? Can I just throw her legs in there? Carrie Underwoods legs. Those aren't the two things though, but they're pretty dope. Does she go to the car wash and say, can you armor all these things?
Speaker 1: She does?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but her any idle contestant for that matter. When the start off, I know Rich's favorite answer is clay aching, because I know Rich's answer Clay aching. But remember like he came in looking like the biggest weaenness all of a sudden, he was like a rock star by the end of the season. But carry Underwood has to be the number one answer there, right, And I know because I talk to you every day. We often referenced UFC from where it started it's humble beginnings, to where it is now. It's been an incredible glow up and fun to see because we watched it was almost like it was almost like borderline underground. There was like the Gracie Brothers and like if you knew it, you knew it, but not really like it was prior to actual mixed martial arts, meaning like that's that's an art form in itself. Now to have the skill of all different martial art forms. Back then, it was like jiu jitsu guy versus sumo guy. You know what I mean. It was like different styles fighting different styles. I remember getting that and getting tough man competitions. It was the most low budget operation. Now it's huge. Eleven point three billion dollars now see and billions and billions and millions. Let's got Richard and Bakersfield. What's up, Richard? What got the biggest glow up? Man? You know what? Hip hop was not even a genre. Hip hop was a new a new format essentially, right.
Speaker 5: I think they called it a fad in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, And I think it's a great answer because we watched the evolution of it and went from nothing to something, went from nothing to a halftime shows hit his peak, and now we're like, we're regressing. Dude, If Kendrick Lamar did the halftime show, it's bigger than ever. Hip hop is here Dave in Virginia, it's up, Dave.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with the Little League World Series.
Speaker 6: You know, back in the day, it was just the Little the.
Speaker 3: World Series itself.
Speaker 6: Now they have all the regional coverage all the different teams.
Speaker 2: Literal League World Series is a great answer. I love that answer, Douglas in Southern California.
Speaker 3: It's up, doug Hey, good morning guys. Hey, so I'm gonna go with the World Series of Poker.
Speaker 6: Back in the.
Speaker 3: Days, it was just some grubby old man playing some poker, and then after Chris Moneymaker came in and won it, everybody's dropping fifty play in that ament.
Speaker 2: No great answer as well. And you know, you know, I thought of one off the sports map a little bit, but we stud last year the RNC and the DNC politics. It went from like, you know, they had the conventions in the city. Now they have performances, and how about nobody talked about it the way people talk about it now. So hey, your thoughts. We'll take a few more at Covine and Rich what's got the biggest glow up? Then we'll actually talk about the NFL draft. AJ Brown's in the news, and of course some Shack Diesel trivia all coming up right here. Fox Sports Radio