Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to George NORRII Doctor Jeff Tarrant. His book is called Becoming Psychic, will take calls next hour with Jeff, So get ready for that. Jeff, It's amazing how the psychic realm works. Do you believe that we all have this ability? We may not be good at it, but we all have it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do. And it's interesting because so many, I would say nearly every psychic and medium that I've talked to and interviewed has said that they said everybody has these abilities. And of course, on the one hand, it's easy for them to say that because they're very talented and you know in that regard. But I do believe at this point that everybody has this capacity and it's just kind of uncovering it. So maybe, you know, I don't know if maybe maybe I should have changed the title of the book right instead of becoming Psychic, it's maybe it's, you know, uncovering your psychic abilities or something, because I feel like it's there. And I've also witnessed people who really want to explore this for themselves, and so if they really put the time in and practice, and you open themselves up, they get better.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So again that suggests right that we all have this ability, we just have to kind of hone it.
Speaker 2: Do we know if it's part of the brain, or if it's outside of the brain in some kind of subconscious or conscious way.
Speaker 3: I think at this point it's really about kind of getting a lot of the brain out of the way that many parts of the brain seem to prevent our access to these abilities. And it's actually starting to make sense to me that so many psychics and mediums that I've talked to report having had a traumatic brain injury, or having had a seizure to or you know, something of that nature. And I'm not I'm not suggesting that those things are causing some sort of hallucination or something, or that you know, they're they're making this up because of these things. I think what it does is it unlocks the brain so that it's more flexible, so that they're able to access states of consciousness more easily that maybe the rest of us who haven't had those kinds of experiences aren't able to do. So.
Speaker 2: If you know that little voice that we all hear in our heads that tell us.
Speaker 4: Things, do this, do that? Do that? Is that part of our psychic ability?
Speaker 3: A good question, I think, boy, I mean that gets that gets tricky, doesn't it?
Speaker 4: Because it does?
Speaker 3: It does because it is part of our psychic ability, part of our subconscious. And I don't know if I know the full answer to that, because I think I think part of our intuition, like we talked about earlier, is actually our subconscious kind of coming through and feeding us information. Is that psychic I don't know. I tend to think of psychics is information kind of out there in the ether, right that we're able to kind of move outside of our own little physical egostructure and tap into additional information. So I don't know. I guess that's my answer. I don't know.
Speaker 2: What is it about meditation that gives us the ability to enhance this even more?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting because that comes up a lot. You know, pretty much every book you pick up about psychic abilities or developing your abilities talk about meditation, And when you really start to break it down, kind of like I was mentioning earlier, if you consider meditation a wider system of exercises, that meditation isn't just one thing. You can start to see that certain types of medication exercise the brain in certain ways that may help you access these abilities. And so, just to give a simple example, or maybe a couple of simple examples, if you're doing a practice like say like a loving kindness medication or a compassion medication, which very often involves, you know, extending yourself out toward others, so wishing well toward others, increasing your empathy and your perspective taking and kind of reaching out energetically toward other beings, and that skill, that ability seems to be related in some ways to the ability to do things like talk to the deceased or you know, some sort of spirit communication, to extend yourself outside of your own egostructure. So a lot of medications you can sort of look at as exercise to help expand your psychic abilities. And you'll see that actually in a lot of research that people that meditate more consistently just naturally report more siabilities, even if they're not looking for it. It just seems to be a natural consequence of those types of practices. I see it as sort of a two part process that medication can help develop the capacity to enter those states of consciousness, but it's still helpful to practice. You still have to practice those skills of actually reaching out to talk to spirits or to receive information about other people or whatever it might be. But the two work together really well.
Speaker 2: I think, what what do you mean by in your book brain hacking Technologies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so this is something we've been having a lot of fun with because, you know, some of the research that we did, we started to identify specific regions of the brain that seem to be pretty consistently involved in some of these abilities. So certain areas shut off, certain areas become more activated. And so because we've been able to identify these specific regions and how they behave, we can use certain kinds of technologies that nudge the brain in whatever the desired direction is. So just a simple example that there's several technologies that do this. One of my favorites is it's called audio visual entrainment.
Speaker 4: What is that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So there's these big bug eyed glasses that you put on that have lights built into the eyest and then you put headphones on.
Speaker 4: It's like virtual reality glasses.
Speaker 3: Huh kind of. They're not quite that big and cumbersome that they more look like sunglasses, but just very big, but they have lights built into them. And you plug the glasses and the headset into either a controller box or your computer, depending on what particular system you have, and you choose a program, and then what happens is the lights flicker on and off at a certain rate, so maybe they flicker on and off six times a second, and then there's a tone in the ears that is consistent with that. It's also going on and off six times a second. And what happens is the brain in trains to that rhythm, so the brain will start matching that six cycle per second rhythm, which is actually a theta brain wave. So you can essentially kind of nudge the brain into the desired frequency. So if you know that, for instance, FATA tends to be associated with a lot of sigh abilities, well we can actually induce data in the brain, and so it's kind of like jump starting the process.
Speaker 2: So you do believe the brain has something to do with psychic abilities.
Speaker 3: I do, and you know, kind of, like I was suggesting before, I think largely it's kind of in the way. And so you know, by shifting the frequency of the brain, we can kind of move it out of the way, or at least change the way that it is engaging so that we can kind of see beyond the brain, beyond the limitations of the brain, so either you know, slowing certain things down or speeding certain things up.
Speaker 2: My late aunt was a psychiatrist, jeff She is no longer with us, but she decided to devote her entire practice to investigating telepathy and clairvoyance.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: Her name was.
Speaker 2: Doctor Shafika Currigula. She wrote a couple of books. The big one was a Breakthrough to Creativity, but she just decided that she saw too many strange things happening when outside of the mind. That led her to want to just change her practice. So she did. She through the last years of her life, devoted her entire career to investigating telepathy clairvoyance and was convinced on the day she died that it was real, that it was happening, and that it was something very, very supernatural.
Speaker 4: What do you think of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's awesome. And I love hearing stories about you know, psychiatrists, psychologists, neuroscientists, doctors that put themselves out into this world because you know, it is real, you know, and most of your guests are on track with this, right, that this is happening, and don't we want to understand it? Don't we want to explore this? Isn't that what science is about? And it seems like so much of traditional science kind of already has a mind made up that none of this is real, and so there's no point looking at it. And to me, that's the opposite of science. It's like, if there's something unusual happening, if there's something supernatural that people report over and over and over again, shouldn't we look at that. Shouldn't we try to understand what's going on? To me, that just makes sense. I think that is science.
Speaker 2: Do you find that successful people use their psychic abilities in their day to day life to do whatever they do?
Speaker 3: Hmmm?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: I think successful people are very intuitive, They have great psychic abilities, and they tap into something that gives them this incredible ability.
Speaker 4: Now I don't know what happened to Elon Musk with that.
Speaker 2: Decision to buy Twitter, which you bought for forty four billion. Now it's worth like nineteen billion. Yeah, I mean something somewhere want awry as far as I'm concerned. But I do believe the guy probably was very psychic and intuitive when he did what he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a really interesting point, and I think it makes a lot of sense because some of the people who are really highly successful, when you watch them, it just seems like things happen easily for them, And I know that's not always the case, but they're in some sort of a flow state, and that has to involve some level of some high level of intuition, right that you just sort of know what to do, And so I think that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: I had a friend of mine, older guy, worked at a restaurant in Los Angeles. He's passed on now, and he would talk to me about metaphysical things every time i'd go in there before the show when I was in LA back and forth, and he would tell me stories about how he'd always lose at.
Speaker 4: Casinos and stuff.
Speaker 2: And one day I told him, because we have a numerologist who comes on the program quite often, Glynnis McCants, and she loves the letter eight, and she says, if you put the number eight in your wallet or purse, you're going to get money when you don't expect it. So I told him. I says, the next time you go to a casino, put draw in eight on a little piece of paper, put it in your wallet, and go to the casino and do what you do.
Speaker 4: He played slots. That's what he liked. Well he did.
Speaker 2: He comes back the next day and tells me he made eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: He was ecstatic about it.
Speaker 2: And I told him though, I says, and his name was George also, I said, George, you got to be careful. Karma will backfire on you. Just be happy with what you have. He said, I'm going back again next weekend. I'm going to win again. I said, be careful. He came back, He went out there, came back the next weekend. I saw him again. His face was about a mild deep and I said, what's wrong? And he went, I lost it all. There's something about karma that you have to add into this, is it, don't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It's interesting. I mean, you know, we kind of don't know how this all works, but it does seem like there's some sort of balance that has to happen. And so yeah, especially when I think we're getting into sort of manifesting things, which is a little outside of my territory. But yeah, it makes sense that if you're kind of reaching out into the universe and kind of asking for something, there has to be a payback, right, or some sort of payoff, some sort of balance in the system.
Speaker 4: YEP.
Speaker 2: So you have what you call Technology assisted Psychic Exploration.
Speaker 4: It's a class. What is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, while I was working on the book, I just kind of had this idea that it would be kind of an experiment to offer kind of an online class for four weeks. And what we did as part of the class was everybody got a set of those glasses I was talking about earlier, the audio visual entrainment glasses. Okay, we shipped them out to everybody, so everybody has a set of glasses. And so then each week of the class, we would talk about some of the brain science related to psychics and mediumship, talk about the brain waves, explore some of that, you know, some of the left brain science y stuff, and then I would introduce them to one of the specific protocols with the audio visual entrainment. So maybe it was the theta protocol, or maybe it was gamma brain waves, or we can do things where the left hemisphere it's one frequency in the right hemisphere it's a different frequency, so there's all kinds of things we can do.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern, and go to host to coast a m dot com for more