Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty Armstrong and dedicating Cake Arms Wrong get live from the studio, c Says and a Gimli lit room bet with them the bowels of the arm Strong in Getty Communications Compound on Little Friday. It is Thursday, and today we're under the tutelage of our general manager. Which one would you prefer? Militant college students or how about eighty years ago today we saved the world by defeating Nazi Germany. What is this? The olden days? That is a good one. It's excellent, and you reminded me I have a freedom loving quote of the day on that very topic. It's indeed it's v e day, as they say, right, which was the bulk of the whole World War two thing for you know, a long time. So not to discount these fighting in the Pacific, certainly.
Speaker 2: So eighty years ago to day on that that's exciting. And then what were your other two options for a general manager? You've got Kanye's Kanye's new album with about Hitler. That's kind of a good timing. His he puts the hit back in Hitler. It's the new smash hit.
Speaker 1: Everybody's dancing too across the nation.
Speaker 2: Puts the hit back in Hitler. That's pretty funny. Oh and then terribly distasteful. And then the freaking I was watching this. I got into this yesterday afternoon and couldn't stop watching videos of the college kids or Marxists from other campuses, or who knows they're going to end up being that took over the library there at Columbia. Just ridiculous that this is going on, Absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Arrest everyone, kick every single one of those kids out of school, and it will end. It will go away. You won't have this problem anymore. It's easy to solve. It is so familiar, isn't it, This pattern. I remember it so distinctly when Antifa was ing terrorizing Portland night after night, week after week, month after month, and we said, don't you dare, Michael, don't you dare? He wants to play the night after Night clip. No, No, all right, but so, and I remember saying at the time to Ted Wheeler, the mayor, Ted, you cannot passive your way out of this. It will not end. They will keep pushing and pushing and pushing, and that was absolutely correct, and it finally had to be stamped down. You you get your bull horns, she cops. You say, you have sixty seconds to assemble at the exits and begin an orderly exit, or else you will be charged with criminal trespass. Any students found in violation to criminal trespass laws will be evicted from this college by order of the president of the university. And then you just line them up and you cuff them, and you check IDs, and you enforce that law. It will be over in the blink of an eye.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, absolutely, I'm the eighty some arrests, So they'd arrest quite a few people, But how many students are they going to kick out? Are they going to finally start kicking students out of freaking school?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Arrests are nothing.
Speaker 2: Arrests are promises which are cheap and charges and are something if vic or what do you call it, expulsions, that's something, right because it's obviously a badge of honor for a lot of those kids to get arrested and hauled off by demand. I mean they're chanting worldwide into fada and tearing up the library, defacing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, consequence, that's right, ma'am. The timings everything, Michael.
Speaker 2: The consequence free arrest is the catnip. It's the porn for the self important, deluded little children. That's like the one thing they want more than anything else. Good lord, how do people not see that? And coincidentally, just like an hour earlier, there had been another one of those hearings in Congress where they're questioning various presidents at colleges about their anti Semitism and how they're dealing with their marksist students and whatnot, And some of the answers weren't similar to.
Speaker 1: The past, kind of wishy washi. We have strict policies, but have you ever punished anybody? Well, we have strict policies. Have you ever punished anybody? So the problem is the university agrees with them. That's the problem with all of these universities. The college president agrees with the students.
Speaker 2: If they had their way, they'd be thirty years younger and in the library spray painting a worldwide Indefada on the wall.
Speaker 1: Right right. You know, it strikes me that I think we may be talking about the symptom and not the disease. I came across an absolutely terrific analysis of college kids at some of the universities and how they all cheat with AI constantly, even on things like the assignment was tell me a little bit about yourself and what you hope to get out of this class. They use AI to cheat on that, and the reason is they think their classes are a joke. The school is a joke. It's a place to make connections. It's a place to meet checks or guys, to find the co founder of your company, to get the degree and go make those connections in more a real business world.
Speaker 2: Or we've eliminated the idea of even thinking about what you're going to do later.
Speaker 1: You just you're there for. Well, yeah, be in a pain in the asks. Well, the one thing you're not there for is an education, right exactly, which is just it really ought to make you stop and think, I don't how far can any human enterprise get off track this far?
Speaker 2: Apparently you know it's weird because on one hand, I don't care about the elite universities. Neither one of my kids are gonna go to them. Every time they embarrass themselves like this, I'm happy to hear it. I want them to be torn down more. I want people to have less respect for those places. So it's a positive every time I hear this stuff out of Harvard or Columbia or Princeton or wherever. But on the other hand, we can't let Marxist frum the world. No, and I don't think we will. I agree with you completely.
Speaker 1: I was struck in watching those videos that this is fabulous. This is going to force the university's hands. They have created their own little self righteous monsters. And again, the kids did not raise themselves. You've got to keep that in mind, even as I curse them. Yeah, they have been indoctrinated since they were very little kids at the government schools under our noses, folks, and you know, shame on us. But they have created their own little monsters, and now they are reaping the rewards of having done so. And the more monstrous the little monsters become, the closer I think we are to sanity and a solution. I mean, Lord knows, these little dip SS's aren't going to win the day and change the country, although we're gonna have to reckon with a couple generations of them filtering through the system. Some of them slowly coming to their senses and breaking through their doctrination to sense what reality actually looks and smells like some of them never will. They will be your Bill Ayre's nut job radicals until they're finally in the grave. But what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: I would think at some point, parents who are paying ridiculous amounts of money to send their kids there would be like, Hey, one, I need my kid to be able to go to the library and study for.
Speaker 1: Finals, because that's what was going on yesterday.
Speaker 2: And two this degree now comes along with a lot of scrutiny of I don't want to hire this kid unless they can prove they're not a Marxist. So I would think enough parent at some point, But that'll take a while, that'll be a slow result, that'd be a lagging indicator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it hurts us that we're not Northeasterners, that we don't feel culturally that reverence for the IVS and that desperation to get your kids into them, because that way their ticket is punched. And so to a lot of parents, the idea of them actually getting an education, et cetera, et cetera, is it's a kind of beside the point we're still living in a world without a pope. Ain't easy? Pless, hopeless. I got a comment, hopeless after all these years, I got a comment on it.
Speaker 2: But first we better start the show officially before we get in trouble with the Trump administration. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty, and I mean they send us orders as a lot of you text on a regular basis, and also what we can talk about, what views to take. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Jogetty on this. It is Thursday, May eighth, v E day, the year twenty twenty five. Or I'm strong in getting we approve of this program. Send the white smoke up the chimney, Michael. We have a show, and it begins precisely according to FCC rules or eggs at mark.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I'm trying to study for my bi POC Gender Queer Studies Final. I'm having trouble concentrating.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to study for my BIPOCK Queer Studies Genders Final gen.
Speaker 1: Well you almost got it. Well, I'm sure it doesn't make uch gos. You haven't been studying. Clearly, the drums are one thing. The tearing down the shelves and spray painting the walls with the Intifada starts here and that sort of thing cannot be tolerated. Unbelievable, night Stick.
Speaker 2: But so quickly before we take a break, so there's plenty of time for Katie's headlines.
Speaker 1: One of the gotta go Buddy Rich on him. Jack.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to be brutal, but it's Night's stick time, Buddy Rich. One of the famous drummers from like the forties and fifties, John Bonham, Neil Pierre.
Speaker 1: You pick your favorite Phil Collins, Phil Collins.
Speaker 2: Doom Poom poo doom, get their class. Hey, you do the famous Phil Collins riff on everybody's head?
Speaker 1: Now you all right? Oh there he goes, I'm dying still. We're all dying, Jack slowly from time. What uh.
Speaker 2: One of the main parts of the job Joe and I have is trying to figure out what we think is actually interesting to you, and it requires a number of uh things, And part of it is you take in, you know, a whole bunch of media from other places, and you know, sometimes they're they got the stuff that's interesting. Sometimes they really don't. I mean, our first boss Ken was pretty good about. You know, we get to decide what's the important story. Nobody else has to decide for here here. Well, like I flipped on Fox and Friends this morning and I actually kept fast forwarding and kept time twelve full minutes before they did anything other than Pope coverage. And I just don't believe. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't believe y'all are that interested. I don't believe y'all are hanging on second by second updates on the Pope where you need a quarter of an hour to start your day before you get into any other news story, and there's a lot of them right. Well, well, and if you would like that, you know, that's great, go go seek it out and enjoy it and we'll meet you later.
Speaker 1: That's fine. Look, yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: And I can't imagine it in as serious the tones as you can imagine. Yeah, still no Pope. As you can see, people are gathered. The black smoke came up, and at this moment, we do not have a Pope. Let's go live too, like what all right? India attacked Pakistan again last night, with the strongest attack in a half a century between two nuclear powers that have been bristling forever. Trump's because Pakistan attacked them. Huh Trump' announcing a big trade deal with Great Britain. Today you got she and Moscow where they've got their big celebration going on, while Ukraine's trying to at ac Moscow and has been very successful for several days. So that could be very exciting if if that goes down in the middle of it. AnyWho, or you can talk about black smoking the Pope. I mean, how many times did I see the new story yesterday if there was a pigeon up by the smokestack? All right, okay, fantastic again tweets their own Pulpe Pigeons, which is not a bad band name.
Speaker 1: So we got Katie's headlines. You mentioned a good one pension mail bag, get a bunch of other stuff. I'm dying at tuberculosis.
Speaker 2: All happening today our text line four one five, two nine five KFTC. So much grocery store yesterday, buying toilet paper. Somehow it'd run out of toilet paper. You should never let that happen too. He's down to the last roll. So I'm at the grocery store buying in toilet paper and I'd buy a big thing of the softest best stuff they have. You know what I didn't work with. I didn't work my whole life to use sandpaper, right, huh. He deserves this.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I get up there and I'm checking out, and he said, man, you want to buy a couple because we're really raising prices on a lot of stuff. Next week, everything's gonna shoot up.
Speaker 2: And I said because of the tariffs, and the kid working there said, I don't know why, but I'm I have to go in and redo all the prices.
Speaker 1: Next week. It's going up a lot. So I thought, who, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: So that's about the time I'm gonna start noticing, kind of like during COVID when inflation hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, way to get to on the streets and do some first person reporting. Well done. I have a personal assistant who I tell what I need from the store and he sends his assistant, wellson, your personal assistant has to try eight different brands of toilet paper and then give a full report. Oh yeah, written, yeah yeah, And if he tries to use HEYI I'll detect it. I want a personal reports. All right, We've got a lot to talk about. Let's do it. Let's figure out who's supporting a lot. It's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 3: Katie starting with NBC News Ahead, if he talks, Trump says he will not soften his China tariffs.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised when when he gives answers like that, will you consider lessening the tariffs on Chinna? No is a big newsmaker. How are you going to negotiate if you don't stand firm on your your side? I mean, what, oh yeah, a few announce going in. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, we'lldrop it at least twenty five percent.
Speaker 3: From the New York Post, Kilmar Obrego Garcia allegedly worked for a convicted human smuggler to transport illegal migrants.
Speaker 1: I have the Maryland Father, the league coach. This is shocking revelation. From Fox News.
Speaker 3: US air traffic control system overhaul to be unveiled mid major safety concerns.
Speaker 1: Love it. It's high time. Let's do it. Let's shake things up. Let's change things. We become hyde bound and paralyzed with our bureaucracies and our systems. Let's shake it up.
Speaker 3: From Breitbart dot Com, doje deactivates five hundred thousand unused or unneeded government issued credit cards.
Speaker 1: As audit expands, why half million government credit cards floating around out there because nobody keeps tracking nobody cares. It's not their money.
Speaker 3: From Bloomberg, FTC says Instagram suggested quote groomers connect with minors.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, what did Instagram?
Speaker 3: Their algorithm is actually driving miners content in the direction of people who are showing signs and being pedophiles on there.
Speaker 1: Doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've showed an interest in a certain kind of video and the algorithm picks that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, you know. Mark Zuckerberg said the other day we ought to talk about this. My vision is that most of your friends, if not all, will be AI and I swear.
Speaker 2: When it turns out he is Satan, and they go backward and connect the dots and explain it, you'll think, oh, how did I miss that?
Speaker 1: Zuckerberg said that the other day. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've got some real life examples of that too that are shocking to me. Yeah, well, I'll talk about that later.
Speaker 3: From Daily Mail, warning as venomous insect imported from China invades nineteen US states.
Speaker 1: Oh what is it?
Speaker 3: It's called the Asian needle ant, good lord, and they are ugly.
Speaker 2: First COVID, then this thanks China, the Asian needle ant and what does it do?
Speaker 1: It jumps up and pokes up my eyes? So what's the do to me? Precisely, that's it. From USA Today, Pirates.
Speaker 3: Fan describes injuries sustained in twenty one foot fall at PNC Park. I've broken everything, but I'm all right.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the latest video of somebody released that was behind him? And this is the first really good video of how he went over. And then the picture that came out over the weekend of him laying on his back, spreadygeld in his little shorts.
Speaker 1: That's not a dignified look.
Speaker 3: And finally from the Babylon b Trump he renames San Francisco Bay the Gulf of Criminals.
Speaker 1: There you go, Yes, that's hilarious. Eh.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Yeah, we gotta talk about that Zuckerberg thing. You're all your friends are gonna be aih that's fantastic or not?
Speaker 1: Oh, go to heaven. I think he's closer to right than you are. He's Satan. You're worshiping Satan now? Huh? Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Ford announces sticker prices increasing by two thousand dollars due to tariffs. Ford announced that yesterday two grand jump at once because of the tariffs is not minor. And I don't know if that was an attempt to get people's attention or just to alert people to what's happening or what. But as I mentioned with my charming toilet paper story from a few minutes ago, I think we're all about to start seeing some price changes and the political fallout from that will be exciting to watch.
Speaker 1: Oh, no doubt. Yeah, absolutely, just a question of when, where, and how much? But it ought to be beginning any second and more. You know what, why don't we go ahead and focus on that. I will just change around the order of what I was going to bring up. American importers are canceling orders and scrambling for alternatives. Chinese factories cut staff and offload guds. The Wall Street Journal reporting on a number of different companies, including your major toy importers, your bubble guns and super soakers and all sorts of that sort of thing. Rights, tons of pardon me, slipping slides. Yeah, well probably a classic fun now as in yesterdayar but yeah, it's it's all made in China or virtually. You know, so much of it's made in China, you might as well say that. And they're describing Trump's tariffs and the chaos that's creating for business people on both sides of the Pacific. One of the more notable parts of this article, I thought, is that Chinese factories halting production lines, furlowing workers sideline are piling up in storage. And Duke Galway, a thirty year old Chinese consultant who helps local exporters sell their goods on TikTok, which is still happening in the US even though there's a law that banned it. Trump, what are you doing? It's a Chinese intelligence agency spy tool. More on that. Later said many of his clients that sell cheaper customer goods are simply instructing shipping companies to get rid of goods on the voyage to the US. After the American customer said, we don't want them anymore. They're halfway across the Pacific. We don't care. We don't want them. So whether the goods are dumped into the sea or the sailors repossessed them, I don't know. He said, Wow, Well, so I say I've been saying for a couple of weeks there's going to be a day come where this is like the only story in the country practically. Do you still think that's possible. Uh? Yes, Trump is getting trade deal set up as quickly as possible. They are going to announce today the framework of a trade deal with Britain. The numbers yet to be filled in, which means badly a deal at all.
Speaker 2: At least of the numbers. I just looked at Britain's like three percent of our trading.
Speaker 1: They're very little bit right, We're very big for them, tom nuge for us. It's it's it's they're easy, friendly and cooperative and having defy Trump in any way, that's why they're first through the door.
Speaker 2: But again, great Britain. Spotted dick. I ordered that about once a year. Well, if you want spotted dick, get it from Britain, trust me.
Speaker 1: But look it up. It's a real thing. It's a dessert allegedly, and.
Speaker 2: An unfortunate thing that can happen to a sailor after a long night.
Speaker 1: See that's incorrect, That is not correct. What was I trying to say? Oh, so they're going to announce the framework of a deal, whatever that means. Any deal without the numbers filled in is no deal at all. Anyway. China is the source of seventy four percent of the US IS Important toys and games, eighty seven percent of our Christmas decorations, even though they're godless Christmas decorations made in China not surprising, but excluding natural Christmas trees obviously, ninety seven percent of our fireworks or with the fourth of July a mirror less than two months away, Americans Important a total of four hundred and forty billion dollars of goods from China last year, recording the Census Bureau. Anyway, and it goes from oil drilling, press vices, calipers, industrial metal working products, super soakers, fake Christmas trees. It's just it's so many things, as anybody who's tried to buy Americans discovered in examining tags. So when again, when it hits, where it hits and how hard it hits is anybody's guess. But it's about to hit.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, like you know, like I was told yesterday, Hey, you might want to buy two of those toilet papers because next week we're raising the price a lot. I think people are gonna notice. So I'm curious about that. I don't believe we import our TP from China. I would have to look. I thought we have head domestic or like Mexican paper mills and that sort of thing. But I would have to check. But is that just a generalized raising of prices by the grocery store to see you know why?
Speaker 1: By doctor G's booty wipe? What is your brand? Wow, chairman cheese clean bottom. So moving along Zuckerberg's grand division, most of our friends will be AI. This is already happening. I don't think you understand how much this is happening.
Speaker 2: I luckily have a normal human being out there who has been like a reporter for me, sending me screen captions of their friends. They're horrified and amazed how many, like average, normal middle class people are turning to aa AI for companionship, Like people they would have never guessed are doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I don't doubt it. I've heard your reports and I believe them. Also, when I see them, I'm shocked.
Speaker 2: I'm like, really, really, You're coming home from work after a long, stressful day and you're having a conversation with a bot and it's comforting you, and you're excited about it and you can't wait till next time.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So if I were who would Satan's boss be depends on your interpretation of scriptures, I suppose, and your your view of God man. But if I were to, like maybe the old Satan quits, then I need a new one. And various demons come in to interview for the job, I'm gonna sit them down and I'm gonna say, understand, your job is to steal people's souls. Job one. Now you had one job. The job one is stealing people's souls.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of rigmarole, there's a lot of fire and brimstone, which there's a lot of stuff around the edges. But what we're here to do is steal people's souls. And the way you do that some you can seduce, but the best way is to deaden their souls. So let's talk about deadening souls.
Speaker 1: And you know, if you were to accept that description of the work of the evil one, I think Mark Zuckerberg is at the very least his most able imp his most able assistant. I don't doubt for a second what you're saying. And I get it. I've read some exchanges between real humans and AI quote unquote friends where the real human says, hey, I'm really frustrated at work. My boss does this, and the AI gives them, you know, some thoughts and approaches, the sympathetic ear and stuff. I'm not saying it's insane. I'm saying it is as seductive as it is because it's not insane.
Speaker 2: Well right, I'm trying to accept it as it clearly seems to be human nature that we have to anthropomorphize.
Speaker 1: I never can say that word that was well done.
Speaker 2: This sort of conversation in our brain just does it, whether we want to or not, right, and gives us like an attachment to it as if it's a person.
Speaker 1: Right. Whether that's good or not, it's definitely not. It's a completely different question, which you have helpfully answered. So Mark Zuckerberg wants you to have AI friends, an AI therapists, and AI business agent. In Zuckerberg's vision for new digital future, artificial intelligence friends outnumber human companions and chatbot experiences. Supplant therapists, ad agencies, and coders. AI will play a central role in the human experience. Facebook co founder said in a recent it's a series of intervutions.
Speaker 2: To think you through two very different things there that he kind of looked together as if they're similar.
Speaker 1: The AI will be the coders. Okay, fine, I can.
Speaker 2: See agencies, but your friends and companions, Okay, now we're into something completely different. Yes, yeah, I think people are going to a system that knows them well and that kind of understands them in a way that their feed algorithms do.
Speaker 1: God, he let me repeat that.
Speaker 2: He thinks people want a friend, computer friend that understands them the way our algorithms understand them.
Speaker 1: He said on a podcast last week. He thinks the average person wants to have more friends and connections with other people than they currently do, and that AI friends are the solution. No, they're not real friends, real interactions. There have been giant leaps forward in programs in various areas, schools, groups, et cetera, who institute guidelines and plans that young people in particular interact on a human level together, cell phone bands, outings to the woods, et cetera. People are rediscovering that and not surprisingly, friends, I'm sure you're not surprised. Not surprisingly, they're reporting wonderful results doing decisely the opposite of what Satan. I'm sorry, mister Zuckerberg is suggesting. I'm horrified by this.
Speaker 2: Well, so I probably need to divorce it from Zuckerberg because it's gonna happen, whether he if he dropped dead today, is still going to go forward the fact that that this exists out there.
Speaker 1: But I am interested.
Speaker 2: Does he actually think that that's a positive or is he only thinking as a businessman, there's gonna be trillions of dollars in this, and I want to lead the way and make the money.
Speaker 1: He can't actually think.
Speaker 2: People having fake connections is a leap forward of some sort. Sure he could, He's just he lacks insights and them then he's a weird dude.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think there are a lot of people that came out there for what it's What was I going to say, Satan? Oh, he talks about like AI therapists, right.
Speaker 2: I know, I know secondhand because I've, like I've said, I've seen the screenshots from friends who probably shouldn't be sending friends screenshots. People who are leaning on the AI therapist thing or advice for their marriage, you're raising their kids, and all kinds of different things and like feeling really deep connections here, that's the the part that's weird, right, I would agree that is a little bit troubling, the deep connections as if it's a human being that that troubles me. Although the idea of an AI therapist, I think is a.
Speaker 1: Good one at least potentially speaking, because I just speaking for for instance, my daughter, Well, the real life suck, well, right exactly, if.
Speaker 2: You can get an appointment to find out they suck, you can't find out they suck.
Speaker 1: For one hundred and forty days, right, right. So Yeah, to have somebody a system that was you know, useful in say, aiding somebody in self guided behavioral cognitive behavioral therapy for instance, if you know what it is, if you don't, If you know, you do, if you don't, I would chat GPT it. Speaking of which I will never google any thing again. I've really gotten into chat GPT. There are other systems that are probably everybody's good. I just had to choose one. I chose that one so so so it's explain to me how that works. Do I have like an app that I go to and then I type in my question there instead Google? Yeah, okay, precisely. I mean you can do all sorts of other things with it, but yeah, just for search like ages ago. This is a silly example, but I had a I want me with a dog face? Can I do that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Good Lord, Yes you can. You can if you would like, yes, But I used it. I've been trying to find a particular loft in a golf club, which is really hard because they don't make many of them. I had one years ago. I haven't found one since, and I have tried to Google it, and I get reams of useless ads and results from various golf club suppliers and salespeople and whatever, just utterly, utterly useless. I use chat GPT just for fun this morning, you see if I could find it, And they said that club is almost impossible to find because they're usually manufactured with these parameters. We've found you some stuff that's very close. Check this out. Wow. And it was night and day better than Google, which brings us to because we're running out of time. AI's threat to Google just got real drop in search traffic. Is reminder technical advancement technological can displace long established tech giants, and indeed, for the first time. Ever, Google searches have dropped significant. Okay, can you bring this up again later.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about it, have more time, because I think this is a really good topic, and I think there's a lot of people like me that haven't taken the step you've taken that will today after we hear you explain how it works and uh this sort of stuff that's that's really interesting.
Speaker 1: And Google stock plummeted upon this disclosure. I'd be a crying shame.
Speaker 2: I know it's sad Google could go the way of Yahoo dominant to all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Not MySpace place a punchline.
Speaker 2: We've got mail bag on the way and a bunch of stuff. You have any thoughts on any of this text line four one five two nine five KFTC. I'm a giant World War two fan, as listeners know, but May eighth has never been in my head. Is a date that like I commemorate the way I do, like June sixth or a lot of other days December seventh. But Trump wants to change that, and he made another announcement about that today.
Speaker 1: He's dying, folks. We're talking about V Day, which actually is a local time. May seventh, or the declaration of victory. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, Trump just announced, like I'm ten minutes ago, that he wants to rename May eighth v Day in the United States.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's so we'll talk about it. I'm not sure the president auto unilaterally do that sort of thing. We have a Congress. But here's your freedom loving quote of the day with a little description. So when the complete surrender of the German forces was received, the officers around Eisenhower tried out several grand statements, rough drafts for him to look at, hoping to come up with words worthy of the momentous occasion. But the Supreme Commander took a look at him, didn't like him, and he issued this statement instead. And here's your freedom loving quote of the day. The mission of this Allied force was fulfilled at two forty one local time May seventh, nineteen forty five. There you go, we did our job. I love that. I love that. Speeches and grand eloquent you know, mission made later. Yeah, yeah, we set out to do it. It's done. That's what I sometimes say in the bedroom. Good lord, mail bag, worst thing you've ever said, I don't know, drop us a note, mail bag, no, say no long list, say no more. Please, I'm begging you. Drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. Jeff Wrights on the topic of the Columbia University madness. More on that to come. Could you imagine spending seventy thousand dollars a year to send you your kid to that school and having to deal with this chaos unmasked Antifa, that's the thing. They shut down the library and said, if you're coming out, you're taking off your mask or rescue arresting you or identifying everybody in this library. All those the start.
Speaker 2: Idiots in there in their kafas wrapped around their face. I don't some of them are Marxists. I think a whole bunch of them are the classic useful idiots. They don't know what they're doing. Sure, yeah, let's see star rights.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, looks like my alma mater grew a pair and then the heart of Red Seattle, Blue Seattle, you mean bravo? University of Washington, Bravo, and deport any foreign students on visas. The headline is University of Washington suspends twenty one students after occupation of engineering building. They were occupying in protest of the school's ties to Boeing. Anyway, it's a pro Palestinian thing. Who knows what stupid garbage it is. On the topic of sins, celibacy and priests, you, gentlemen, writes KP mentioned the horrors of child sexual abuse in the Catholic Church with little reference to the sixteenth century Protestant Reformation. In case you were wondering, we Protestants have been calling out the Catholic Church on the issue for over five hundred years. Follow the links below you can read some quotes from the great reformer Martin Luther on the subject of clerical celibacy and all the harm it causes the church. Interesting. If you've never read Luthor, I recommend it highly. You'll be surprised as sharp wit and irreverent sense of humor. I actually read some of it and it's really really interesting. Wow. I'll check that out. I'm unaware of that. I will send you the links signor we will post them at Armstrong Ageeddy dot com. Papa Jonathan in Fort Scott, Kansas right send. Anyone ever mentioned that birth rates are falling just because there are a few babies around. Babies are so cute it makes others want them. Without that driver, it's a negative feedback loop. There, there's less baby fever with fewer babies around us. Both makes sense, good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you miss a segment at the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty