Speaker 1: This is Matt Barnes. You're listening to All the Smoke before you dive in. If you want to listen to uninterrupted episodes, you can unlock ad free listening right now with the subscription of Black Effects Plus. Just click to subscribe at the top of the All the Smoke Show page on Apple Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Welcome back All the Smoke.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 1: We got a good one today, man. We got a good when we had LaMarcus all just first, that was a dope ass interview. But I think this is the one we've been waiting on all trip man. We went on you all trips.
Speaker 2: Before. It's crazy, before you start. See Lamark. We was filming like two days ago. I seen lamarkets Sultiers. He ain't know about our shows, so he's walking by. I'm like, come in here, man. You're like, it's fucking harassing me. I'm like, that's your health, bro. You are right my nigga, because we wanted to talk to the nigga, but he didn't even know what the fuck we had going on. Shout to them, Marcus Soldiers, Man, this is what it is, is a show. Come fuck with us. Sometimes my nigga. He was depe to like because you know he's someone that don't really speak. He came and broke down the game we had. We had a blast with him, That's what's up.
Speaker 1: But really, bro I mean, how the transition has been a beautiful I think you think you've taken this lane, you know, by surprise, and created your own lane, being able to capitalize off it financially and just other business you know ventures as well. But how did the process start? You originally started it is what it is. I think he was by yourself and an old girl, and tell us how that whole process came about.
Speaker 2: That. First of all, thank you guys, because niggas like y'all made it possible for a person like me to even entertain this because a lot of times niggas just be corny and I'd be like, this is just a whole corny lane, Like I don't even want to fuck with this shit period. But so many people was coming to me like yo to a podcast, be on our podcast, dude, and I'm like, I don't really want to talk to niggas for a living, Like if I had to talk to niggas for a living, I don't want to do it, and I love sports. I always watch sports and shit. So I'm like, look, it's no real niggas talking how we talk with a professional setting in the background. So I said to myself, look, I'm gonna get the suits, I'm gonna build a set, and then when you get up there, Oh, when you watch it, you're gonna be like, oh, nah, the fuck going on? Like when we first I did the first couple of episodes, niggas said, Yo, they got cam talking like this on ESPN. They didn't know what the fuck was going on. Yeah, because the set was there and everything. So I just took a chance on me and was like, I'm gonna try and do sports, but do sports my way. Very knowledgeable on sports, maybe not as knowledgeable or experience you niggas got. But at the end of the day, I watched like, I'm gonna be on the phone arguing with niggas for two hours about sports. You look at her phone and it said an hour seventeen minutes about arguing with sports anyway.
Speaker 1: And he was doing it for free, right.
Speaker 2: For no reason. So I built the set I got, you know, I got production company down in Miami and that was it. My man felt the talent that was behind the scenes. In the beginning, we had a girl named Asthmarelda. She was a dope monerator, but you know, sometime I would throw it to her and she wouldn't know what the fuck was going on. No disrespect to as morel She's a really dope monerator, very professional, very very good cadence. So I don't want to throw no shade on her name. So hopefully she's doing well, is doing well right now, but stat no sports. She goes to school for that shit. She went to University of Miami. So the first couple of episodes, I had my old coach on there shout out to my man and Dave and I had I didn't even have Asthmarelda had another lady and they was cool. They was real good, but they was doing you know, sometime these licenshit fucked is up. So then when so when you say not saying my coach wasn't good, he was good. But then when the camera cut he started talking man shit, and I'm like, yo, bro, you gotta do this when the camera's on. He's doing all this crazy shit, throwing the phone on type of shit when the camera's off. So I shot two episodes last November, shot an episode in December, took Christmas off. I was gonna come back January. My mom got sick. She got diagnosed with cancer January eighth, Yeah, and from Jane she died February ninth. So for like a month, I just had to sit there and watch my mom die, like literally in the hospital, you know, because you know, she got to the hospital stage for cancer. It wasn't even like she wasn't feeling well before that, like we was cool. She just had a problem breathing one day and she's in the hospital for a month. So I sat there for a month and watched my mother die, and that shit fucked me up for a minute. Got myself back together. So then he picked the show back up and Mace as a guest. Mace like the energy. Uh. He asked me to be partners. I said, I put up a quarter mill if you and he said I'm match it. I said, I ain't spend it yet, which we never had to spend a quarter meal, but he want the matches, So we became partners and that's how we hit the show.
Speaker 1: That's dope. So how to to backtrack a little bit because obviously there was some friction between you and Mace, so obviously you guys have squashed it before that. But what was it like being able to reconnect with him and then I mean, I don't think y'all knew how big this was going to be, But what was that process like kind of healing that friendship first and then become a business partners again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like no, Mace gave me, gave me an opportunity to get my first record deal. You know, he had his record deal. So we was playing high school basketball. I was fifteen All America, come out of high school. I was supposed to go to University of Miami. He was twenty three and old. My senior year lost in the first round of playoffs. I never went back to school. Fucked that satis, Fuck everybody. I got the second one back to school. Yeah, so then so then I so then fucking like July came and I'm like, everybody's like, yo, what school going to them? I'm like, damn, I didn't even finish school. So it's like a you know, a street street vend. I would say my mayor, Rodney Parky, passed away because I stopped speaking in University of Miami and everything, and I went down to Texas. I went to a school called Navarro Junior College. Yeah, of course I Canda Texas, So I went down there. Uh, red shirted my first year. I told all my ligaments in my ankle. So I read shirted my first year and just got in wild trouble. Like you know, everybody know Walmart now like Walmart wasn't in New York at nineteen ninety four, and Walmart now wasn't like it is in nineteen ninety four. Like Walmart, you go get the Rito's potato chips in the shotgun. You know what I'm saying. And I just was buying guns and shit, and I ended up getting in. While we won't get into it, I got what I did, but it just got kicked out of school. So when I got kicked out of school makes it older than me. He had a record deal, were about to get his record deal, and he got started with bad boys. So I never went back to school after that. I just started running around with him. When he got his deal and started signing three four million records, he took me the Biggie Smalls. Biggie Smalls gave me my first record deal, he passed away, and so on and so forth. So just giving you a history of how we got to with Mace. So Mace he did a video for me, his first video, my first video, three fifty seven, which was dope. And then I had another single with him called a Horse and Carriage and he didn't do that video. So my label started gassing me, like yo, why yeah, man ain't doing the video. He won fifty thousand to do the video. So I started feeding into that shit. You know what I'm saying. I'm like, or this, nig I get funny charging me for the video, this, that, and the third. So we kind of fell out over that got cool again. Then you know, he went to church. I kind of didn't understand it at the time because that's like my man all day and I'm like where church come from? So I started bugging out, don't know because of that, Like so ought to be honest with you, the whole shit was my fault and just not understanding the kind of path he was on at the time. So I was kind of was going at him on records and shit, and he was ignoring me and shit. Then one day he made the Oracle and kind of kind of flushed me one day. I was like, that was pretty tough. Was Oracle was tough? Yeah? But you know when he made the Oracle, I felt like you brought him back. Nah, not that because May still could roun May used to do it when he wanted to do I felt like, like, uh, Denzel and training day when the nigga threw him on the ground, the shotgu and You'd be like, yeah, leave that nigga alone. That's that nigga right there, because I know the nigga could really rhyme. So we got cool again last year some time I tried to put a tour together. Tour didn't go well, and U we just stayed cool after that, you know what I'm saying. And one thing about Mace, he always gonna be cool. But we making some real money, He's gonna stick around. You know what I'm saying. I say, ain't gonna call you or do nothing else. But me and him is on the same age. If it's a real money, we're gonna stick around. But well, we started speaking again. We want to speaking for like twelve thirteen, maybe fourteen years, but they picked back right back. I got my not since I was nine ten years old, so it's like we didn't even skip a beat. As soon as we got together, we started laughing about the same shit we was laughed about before, started talking about the same old shit. So as soon as we healed that relationship, it was like the fifteen years didn't even matter. We just picked up from the day we stopped speaking. So it was real cool.
Speaker 1: That's dope. Congratulations, we saw you signed Mark Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, we didn't sign Mark Jackson. Let's be real clear, and that Mark wants to be real clear on that. With that, we partner with Mark Jackson. H pardon me. I got tired of what the fuck they was doing the Mark man, you know what I'm saying, Like, Yah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. That shit was some real bullshit what they is during the Mark So I called a text Mark. I got his number. So as soon as that happened, I'm like, yo, Mark, you could make some bread with this podcast shit. And we started talking numbers and shit, and he like he was telling me what he was making and I'm not gonna put his business out there with ESPN, And I'm like, Mark, give me an opportunity to make you more than what you're making now. You know what I'm saying. I'm like, I'm not I'm not saying that I don't want to talk to nobody business or nothing. But it wasn't It's no reason that we should me be me doing sports, should even be in the same conversation financially with Mark Jackson, you know what I'm saying. So, uh, we's talking for months. Soon as he got fired or let it go however you want to fucking put it from ESPN. I reached right out Yo Mark, Yo Mark, Yo Mark, and he like yo ir killer. So this is going on for like two months, and I'm like, Mark, I'm telling you because you know, you gotta realize when I when I started to think about it, you gotta think about this. This is about to be something totally new parton for Mark. Mark. When you think about his career, right, man, went goes to high school, he goes to Saint John's, he goes to the NBA. So you got a job when you go to NBA. You got the NBA. You're coaching, so you got a job when you're coaching. When you're not coaching, you're announcing you have a job. So Mark be having a job all these years. So I'm not saying he was scared to be his own boss step in the new space. This is just what he's used to. So when I'm presenting all this stuff to him, like, Yo, nigga ain't gotta work for niggas, no more, nigga ain't gonna fire you know, niggas yet ship and you're gonna make just as much, not more money. He was kind of hesitant on it. And then Mark was like, so with you get out of it, like like you're like, yo, you know, cause I ain't trying to get robbed or nothing. And I'm like, yo, bro, where the fucking America I'm gonna go. I rob Mark Jackson, nigga, you you write under McDonald's like fucking cleansliness niggas Mark Jackson. Is McDonald's doing it? Is Mark Jackson, nigga. I can't go on to seven eleven. I robbed Mark Jackson. Nobody trying to get over on you. So he's hesitating. I said, Mark, can I come meet you? So I tell the nigga Mason, I say, yo, I'm gonna take a duffel bag to Mark, Yo until we get these papers together. Ma it's like how much you take it? All right, I'm taking a card a ticket to him. He's like, I beg, I come grab two fifty two. So I went and guy on the jet went to me. Mark had the bag. Mark said, what's this. I says, yours till we get all the paperwork and everything else. I can't take this, I said, Mom, I'm just trying to let you know. I'm so serious, my nigga. So Walker's like, you know, we talked about the you know, having his own show coming on our show, h you know, a couple of times to present his own show, and he was you know, it took him off. It took him a while, just because I believe he thought he was trying to get over on him. We bought Underdog Fantasy in got him equity and Underdog Fan to see some stock options ownership in the company, and he started seeing that when he started seeing the ownership and the equity, he could get Uh. It were like that. So he didn't take the money though I'm not taking that back. I was like, like, Marcus, yours, I'm not leaving with it. But he didn't take the money. But that's how serious we was. We went over there with some bread and said, Mark, we just here to show you cash. Nigga, it is yours. You don't even gotta worry about it. We'll use this when the deal get done. And uh, that's how serious me and Max was about just want Mark to get his own money and not Nigga's playing with that Nigga like that where they could be like, oh, we're going through budget cuts, so we can't have you here and so on and so forth, because Nigga, I don't even know how the NBA Final was gonna go this year without Jeff Van Gunny, your Mark. You know what I'm saying. That's what I'm used to hearing the last ten, eleven, twelve years or whatever. So I'm just happy that Mark gave us an opportunity.
Speaker 1: To do this so that he'll come out in twenty four.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, he's gonna We ain't figured the DATESI we just literally literally signed paperwork Friday, like this was like a four month process. Okay, so but thank you Mark for giving us the opportunity. And yeh, I know you ain't take our bag, but we got your bag anyway, man. So that's the main thing that we could dolly make more money than we making.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, two questions real quick. One has ne along responded to your d M yet?
Speaker 2: You know what it is? Man? My image is fucked up? Man, like yo, yo that she got to know me. I'm a nice guy, like yo, Chicks don't really leave me after they get to know me. You know, I got all these wild as songs like my number one number two song is called sucking or not pause Like, I got real bad image sometime with females. So answer is no, she didn't respond to me yet. But uh Nia, if you watch it, just open the DM and that's it. Man, We'll go from there. But not shen't respond yet.
Speaker 1: OJ, you got the juice talking talking ship. Whose idea was that? And how's that process been going?
Speaker 2: Uh? It was Mace's idea. Uh so he like, like Mace come up with the idea. Then a lot of ideas and I go bust the move. So I'm like, damn, I gotta go find OJ. I'm like, what the fuck am I gonna find O? J A. I called it's funny. I called Steve Stout. I'm like, yo, Steve Stout, find me OJ. He said, what the fuck are you calling me like I could just get in contact with OJ. Like, I'm like, you know everybody, nigga. He's like, oh, J, don't kim. He said, you're fucking crazy, man, I said. He said, but I'm Linel Richie might know o J. I'm gonna call Lael Richie. I'm like, you got Linel Richie number in your pocket, nigga and your phone. He's like, yeah, I call Lionel. Make a long story short. Uh OJ lived in Vegas. So a friend of mine who I do a lot of business out here with, named Larry Smith out here in Vegas. He knew one of OJ's lawyers, who knew OJ's main lawyer, and we made the call and uh I talked to OJ. He was with it. Uh it was really that simple. Just once we found him. It wasn't even like no big thing to get them over. He was excited to do the show. And then as far as how the process going, it's going great. Man, Like OJ's really knowledgeable. You know, he has a lot of accolades that people sweep under the bus. They just don't acknowledge it because you know, you know, realistic. You know, we ain't gonna have an eleph in the room. In public opinion, he's guilty in a lot of people's eyes, but he not guilty in the court of law. So if you're not guilty in the court of law, come on the show and let's rock out. Because so many every week when we do shit and they be like, oh, he's about to break this record, Like Christian McCaffrey had fifteen touchdowns in a row. OJ has sixties. So there's like, in next week, he's going to break somebody's record, but they won't say whose record is. Oh really yeah, like ESPN or ABC, they won't say whose record it is. And then like you know, people get two thousand yards rushing football wise, and they don't mention that OJ had two thousand yard in a fourteen game see a fourteen game season. Yo, these games, sixteen, seventeen games, This man two thousand yards in a fourteen game season, all these records that be getting broken. When it's about to be OJ records is being broken, they'll be like, well, he's about to break a record. They don't say he was record. This shit is so OJ's funny. Niggas forget OJ was in movies.
Speaker 1: OJ's commentating all the naked guns all the shit like, so.
Speaker 2: He's really uh, he's really dope to have on the show. It's good.
Speaker 1: Explain your thought with new media and how it's kind of taken over the traditional space, right.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny like a couple of years ago when I wasn't doing this, and you know, I used to hear Dremond say it a lot, you like new media and new media, and I just watched it. I'm like, you know, I'm just watching. So it's like whatever media is media to me. And when I started doing this, I understand it now, you know what I'm saying. I kind of get what's going on because everybody's not gonna be happy with what we're doing, the what you guys are doing, and then especially the bags the niggas is grabbing. Niggas don't like that shit at all. They don't really like that shit. Especially you know, you gotta think about this shit, right, Like, think about fucking Pat McAfee at twelve in the afternoon cursing on ESPN and the yeah yeah, but cursing fuck what he wearing this ESPN at twelve it afternoon. Think about all the niggas who've been up there before, and who still can't curse. You know what I'm saying. This niggas up there like they better not say shit two three, seven in the morning, five in the afternoon, they better not. But that's because he leveraged his own brand to where they want to fuck with him, you know what I'm saying. So it's always better bet on yourself. But as far as new means concerned, I think it's dope because now with social media, you don't have to wait for somebody to come interview interview, You don't have to wait to give your opinion out. You don't have to fucking sit there and say, yo, this reporter is going to talk about me, because you could get it them immediately. Like we have a lot of fun with skip baylists because he's he's shit, you know that niggas. He's annoying sometimes, you know what I'm saying. So it's kind of like, Yo, it's kind of revenge, and I fuck with you. I don't know him, but I'm like, he's a staple of the supposed community. We can't act like he's not. But that nigga fucks with a lot of niggas and he knows the debates, Uh, you know, it gets viewers. So anytime he's in the news, we get we go right at skips because it's now not only do we y'all talk about players. Now you got a platform to win. We come on five days a week and we can talk about the niggas, just talking about nigg exactly, you know, exactly. Yeah they don't like that, Yeah, they don't like that shit.
Speaker 3: Ye let's take a step back a bit. What was young Cam and East Harlem? Like, know you was hustling and being fly, y'all. You know that, y'all always said Harlem, that's where all the swag come from. Talk about growing up in East Harlem as a young Cam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm actually from West hallm but my grandmother is from the East Side, so I'm kind of from both because you know, you can do it your grandmother's house on the weekend or whatever. But yeah, I'm from I'm from one hundred forty Street and Lenox Avenue. Uh. I grew up around a lot of talent, but you don't really know its talent when you're growing up. You gotta realize, like sham Guard lives around the corner from me, Big y'all lives around the corner from me, Ali Mo. I don't know if y'all know Ali Mo to Blackwo been in the league. Yeah, he should have been in the league. The nigga live in my building. Who y'all telling my nigga sixty eight point guard nigga black. Yeah, this is what I'm trying to tell you. But this is all, this is all in two block proximity. This is all the talent mace comes to my black herbal There's a lot of rappers and basketball players, but Ali Mo actually taught me the fundamentals of basketball, you know what I'm saying, before I went to play for Gauchos or Riverside anything like that. Like I'm talking about like it's seven years old. Like he was already good. He had brothers to play basketball, So, uh, I didn't know double dribble and walking. The nigga used to get so fucking mad at me, like, Yo, you're fucking traveling, Yo, you fucking walking. So he taught me a lot. But Ali moshould definitely been the league. But growing up there, it's just a belting pot of a lot of talent. So you got drug dealers and you got people who see past drug dealer who may be selling drugs to say, I don't want to do this forever because the big time drug dealers may not see the visional rap or may not invested in a basketball player because they didn't understand that they potentially could go to the NBA, or you could potentially be a platinum artist. So like a lot of times, to be honest with me, as far as like hustling in Harlem, I didn't really get a lot of money, hustling at Harlem, I didn't really get a lot of money, hustling time went to Ohio. To be honest in Chicago because as much as they tell you here go twenty dollars, don't do this and don't do that. Like yo, nigga, I need Jordan's nigga, I need I want a rope chain. You know what I'm saying. But they wouldn't. You can't really do anything. Like I had a big dust block on my block, so like my block was famous for selling dust, Like Wu Tang used to come all the time and buy mad that's from my block. Like that's for man, the only reason I'm saying this, he said it. Yeah, he said, that's the only reason I'm even saying that I used to put it in songs. I'm like that. When I seeing the niggas say it, I'm like, okay, cool, Like I say something about these niggas used to buy mad dust, like yeah, it wasn't just nothing, man, nigga. Them niggas would come down and fourth because who tank was popping them niggas If they come through the block, niggas was good for like four or five days. And so the way the block was is a one way street and that the end of the block is where everybody's selling dust. So me, God blessed that by man, Honey Combs honey six Uh. We always kept a little dust on us and be up the block saying, yeah, stop niggas because these niggas selling fucking gallon you know, dunch juice coming gallons and all that shit. All we need kept a couple of bundles because if we made two three hundred, that's fifteen sixteen years old, that's all you really need it, And that would be good enough us because them niggas would have kicked our ass if they knew we were clipping their customers like that. Yeah, So as far as that, that's that's how it was growing up on the West Side. On the East Side, it was like this this guy who always was talking about Yo Cam when you go to the NBA, I'm gonna be an agent. I'm about to start a rap label. Uh fuck with me. Uh. He was getting a lot, he was getting a lot of money hustling, and his name was Dame Dash, and niggas used to think he was crazy and ship because he's like, I'm gonna do a record, I'm gonna be a sports age, I'm gonna do this, and he ended up doing all that shit, you know what I'm saying. So Dame Dash was like my right hand man. You know, Dame Dash is the one if anybody was really getting money in the street like that at Harlem, that I knew it was him. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: How old were you when you came in to Dame Dash when I first met him, When you first met him, eleven twelve.
Speaker 2: And he was in the mix. He's in the mix, you know. Like you know, on the East Side, it's like I don't want to say projects, but like kind of like projects but as a community center there, so everybody used to go in there and play ball, talk shit, roll dice, swim. He used to throw a lot of parties. He had a lot of girls. The shit called the best out and him and his crew used to have girls all the time. He used to sneak in them shits and just be amazed at what the fuck they was doing. And you know, he had ended up getting with jay Z Partony and I remember we's like fifteen years old. He used to put us in cabs to jay Z's house and follow us. I was like, Damn, I grew up. I was like, the nigga ain't give a fuck about us, man, because we ain't asking no questions. You know, when you're fifteen, sixteen years old and he gives you six seven hundred dollars twice a week, nigga, that's two million dollars in ninth tenth grade. You know what I'm saying. So my man Duke, I introduced it to my man Duke. To god, dude, the guy how the driver's license at fifteen years old? In New York, you gotta be eighteen years old they get a driver's license. So fifteen years old with a driver's license is fucking amazing. So I plugged Duke in with him and Duke used to take mad stuff over the jay Z's house for Dame Dash and we used to get a couple of dollars out of it. So Day was like my man. And then when I got into a bad record deal, when I got an entertainment, me and him kind of fell out. So I went to him to apologize, and I was like, your dang because Rockefeller was at the top of the hell. I'm like, dang, man, we did all this ship for ya. I really need your help to get me out this record deal. And we wasn't even speaking the time he swept that shot of the rug helped me get out my deal. And I saw him the Rockefeller and I ain't really look back after that.
Speaker 3: Before we dive into music. You know, we gotta touch this. You say he was top of twenty five, hard breathing, like.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying. I'm just saying. I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: I seen I seen him tell Mace he blew the game for us and all that, and and I didn't believe him until I shot and I saw the footage.
Speaker 2: I saw the push. He blew it. No I missed the shot. He wanted me to pass it. But yeah, you blew it.
Speaker 3: But he said, he said, you blew the game, but you said if you would have passed him, he wasn't gonna make it anyway.
Speaker 2: I had. I had nineteen points, you had two points.
Speaker 1: You gotta go on the marketing.
Speaker 2: I gotta get it. I'm cooking at the most points in the game, like makes my man, don't get it fucked up because because you know why, like this ship comes up like twice a month. I'm like, yo, you really you're in this type of time, but yo, my nigga. Look yeah, realizing he'll say he was Genobili, he did it for the sake of the team. But he a year older than me. He a junior on my sophomore when I was his junior year. My sophomore year, I started, and you come off the bench like.
Speaker 1: He was sacrificed for thee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm like, why am I starting over? Ya mean year younger than he talked about. Genobili did it for the sake of the team. So yeah, yeah, if I got Look, man, you know, if I got nineteen points, he got two points. They shooting free throws. We a massive square guard and that game is a massive square guarden. It's a real NBA court, So you all the way up the court. The niggas missed the free throw as soon as you get there. I got to be bad. I'm going I'm not running to play. I'm not looking. I'm looking. I'm dribbling, literally looking at the clock tick down. You know, Yeah, you ain't score game, bro, Man, we're gonna win or we're gonna lose. On my merit, I'll take that. But yeah, he's that comes up twice a fucking month still today, even when shit don't got done to do a basketball like we were doing the show cam you see passing me, we win, I'm like no, because he helped me. You know, we negotiated our deal for the show. He's part of negotiation and we got you know, the underdog took care of us. He's yeah, when you pass to me, we win. You see what may sleave me the fucking line on about the game already five, I should have passed the ball, bro, But Max was really good too. It's just it's really God orientated. And during that time, like you know, we're playing against stuff on Marlbury at the time. Felipe Lopez was there at the time.
Speaker 1: You know, it was speaking to cut you off, speak to Felipe because he had a lot of game and never really materialized. But he had a whole lot of game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, you know what it is. I'm being honest with you. First of all, we don't know how old Felipe is. He comes from Dominicans birth certificate. My man with the rice with s Felipe right there, that's as Yeah, yeah, you know, we really don't know how old Felipe Lopez is. Now, I tell you this much, New York, especially Manhattan has a big Dominican community, like talking about a bit Dominican community. Now, Felipe, I'm not gonna say and say he wasn't good. I'd rather take stuff than Felipe if you asking me my personal question. But no, they was hyping ith. Yeah that Felipe's it's better and stuff. He's a year older as far as grade wise. But he was good. But it was the hype behind it. And that's why to me and the materialize it in the NBA because look, you go to the game. I'm not even exaggerating. I don't know if y'all ever been in the like Broadway in Amsterdam and New York probably Jack ad been everywhere. This all Dominicans Joe. So when you go to these games, they come with guitars, they come with being Joe's, they come with with xylophones. Facts are not Broo he went to He was the mascot at Rights, my man. That's a fact. Though these niggas come ye niggas like so when I'm talking about these niggas, the half the arena or whoever nigga's performing at was filled with Dominican people, which was great support because it wasn't like a Dominican basketball player at the time coming out of New York. So his hype was crazy. And I'm not gonna say and say he wasn't good. He was good, but the hype behind it was it was a hype trade, like to keep it a buck. You know. It showed when he got the Saint John's yep. You know as soon as you get to see Yeah, you wouldn't have been there all four years with the hype he had. You know what I'm saying, he should have been with Kevin Garnett, did yeah or not even going They wanted him. They talk about the Knicks taking him straight from Rice and nobody was really doing that at the time. KG kind of broke that code on sports illustrating high school all that. Exactly. That's a fact, you know. I'm telling you. I remember looking at the newspaper and they talk about the Knicks may give Felip Bank. Then when he got the Saint John's you just seen. Niggas wasn't with that, especially when you that nigga is supposed to be that nigga. Niggas can't wait to kill you, y'all. Niggas know like better than anybody. Like, oh, like I don't really know who y'all played against college or high school, but I'm pretty sure that it was a nigga that Jay's like, oh, that's y'all king back. Yeah, you know, yeah, you know what I'm saying. So that's kind of how it felt when it came to Felipe. I thought he was good, but if I had to pick, I would have picked stuff that was like a pure point guard. He had brothers that played before him. He was really good. Felipe was decent, but he was just taller and no disrespect. He had the Dominican culture with him. Yeah, exactly, that hype trading that whole joint. I must felipe as. When I played to I played him and stuff Marlburry and skipped them. My louse shot to Rafel Austin and my niggas. But when I played it was the same thing, like telling you like this, so y'all love and so your life. You know it's funding me and stuff Marlborough. One day was that nigga's funny. We was arguing on Instagram or Twitter, one of them since I said, Steph, every time I played you, I busted your ass. Bro every single time what he saying said every time I said matter, let me specify what I said. Let me be vert Beta. I said, stuff every time I played against your high school I bust your ass. He said, exactly, You're still a high school basketball. That sounds like something Pop was saying.
Speaker 3: I said, I said you one, hey, but I'm glad you said that. He is one of the most underrated NBA players of all time. The numbers he put up is no reason he shouldn't have been the first ballot Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: That's incredible crazy. All the times niggas get pineized for what they do off the corner and their career exactly. You know, y'all two guys are narrative. Yeah, y'all understanding.
Speaker 1: Uh, is it fair to say that each bar Barrol has a different kind of style of play. There's a difference between the Hoopers in Brooklyn to Harlem to the Bronx or basketballs basketball out there.
Speaker 2: You know, we was talking about that ship man. We was talking about none of them niggas to shoot. Yeah, yo, yah, you know you know what we was talking about that because since Kareem abdu Jabbar or Neuel Cinder, we don't got no superstars. We got all stars. We ain't got no superstar. We supposed to be the Mecca and ain't no superstars from New York. It's no superstar because me and me and Isaiah Thomas, the older Isaiah Thomas was talking about that Jordan's he was born in there, but he wasn't come on a nigga left when he I ain't counting nigga three years old. Yeah, yeah, you got to have him out right there. Yeah, he was born in then, why maybe crookly he ain't play man, but we have no.
Speaker 1: Superstar Mellow Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, so niggas was born and left and became superstars. We don't like, we don't got no fuckers. We got good all stars. You know, we got stuff. We got Skipp through Lou, we got Laa Stevenson. You know, we got a bunch of good players. But there's no superstars. But as far as Burrows are concerned, we had that talk the other day. Me and Mace was talking about that ship because like Queen's probably got the best, the best guards. I would say, you know what I'm saying. Or Brooklyn Harlem Niggas Buger Smith, Yeah he yo, We told yo, bro it's so I'm so mad. It's not footage or this nigga booger Yo, Like that's a nigga right there. The first nig I ever seen throw behind a nigga neck uh paus while he's playing this ship. That nigga. We didn't know who he was. It was just Christmas tournament they used to do in City College. And there's like right switches fully baying now against Western House, which the public schools back then in New York. If you didn't go to stuff on Marlbury broke that too, because he went to a public school. You used to have to go to Catholic school to be no to getting notoriety of people notice you and shit like that. So with stuff with the public school, people start paying attention to it. But before stuff went there, Booker Smith, like you said, he came and played against Rice and they're like, who's West House? We never heard of them? And he killed all them niggas. I never seen nigga shaking they and get an and one and then give him a kiss on the cheek on the way to shoot his free throat. So there's a wild disrespectful nigga right there. Man. So but I would give props, to be honest with you, if I had to the best basketball players, it's Brooklyn and Queens my personal opinion. Holler on, we got good players and we'll match up against anybody, but we too distracted when the game is over. It's too much going on. Niggas trying to sell drugs, Niggas trying to fuck with girls. They's trying to get gold chased, niggas standing up all night. Niggas is in the gambling spot. Niggas want a roof to fuck. But it's too much going on when the game is over, and it's no structure with niggas who want to help you get better when the game is over. You know what I'm saying. Like Brooklyn, they had niggas who, Yo, come on, we're gonna go do drills. We're gonna go, we're gonna go practice, get up six the morning, We're gonna fucking you know, people had structures, Harlem, it's no structure. Niggas stay outside till it's like gray outside for real. Oh yo, you broke day year like that was a stack. Oh I broke day last night, like breaking day is staying out till the sun comes out. And I was like a stat Yeah, I broke day last night. So I wouldn't give the credit honestly. You know, if you asked me this ten years ago, I'm gonna say, Harlem, but Brooklyn and queens to me as the best basketball.
Speaker 1: Diving into music? What was that early grind? Like where it is you didn't take rap serious until Big al here convinced you to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like you know, I was a bet like listen man, And I'm old enough to say, like, I was delusional to think I was going to the NBA. But that's what niggas be thinking when your heart's really in it. I didn't really understand basket ball until I stopped playing basketball because part of me, y'all realized, I'm playing basketball in late eighties, early nineties, so you not only know how to play basketball out not to fight like you know, it's not just you know, you're watching Anthony Mason, you watching Charles Barkley, you watching fucking Rick Mahorn and Bill there. But these thinkga's fighting too. It ain't like today, like you know, you punch a nigga with a two pieces of tech and you still in the game. So that's how it translated into high school and biddy's and midgets all that shit too. So I always stood I was going to the NBA. And as far as music concerned, I grew up around a bunch of rappers and we used to rap for hobby, same shit I'm telling you about. It wasn't no focus. We played basketball. Then you fucking go raple, you know what I'm saying. So it was just like a hobby at the time. And then Big La is the first person who got a record deal from my block. So back then it's not like you can easily get a record deal. So when he got the record there. We was like, oh, we could kind of take this shit seriously. And me and him used to just wrap It wasn't just him, it was him, her McGruff. We used to go to different parts of Harlem and battle niggas. G Depp used to be really good. Mace used to come to my black and rap. It was like a melting pot for rappers. But when the Big Al got the deal, it looked realistic, you know what I'm saying. We didn't really see Dougie Fresh or Rob Bas. The only person we saw before Big l that was visible who was really in the street driving around gold chains and then pvs and all that. When we was young with Fat Joe, the Bronx is like right there. So you would see Fat Joe, Fat Joe come through cars, MVPs, gold change, like, oh shit, Fat Joe. Like Fat Joe was on since he was young, even before he came a rapper. Like you know, people, as we get older, some of that shit phase out. But care fron on Fat Joe. Bro that nigga has fucking stores, money, jewelry, cars and he's around a good crew called d I TC at the time, and he was like, you know it was a lot of rappers, but it looked like he was to get Bunny Nigga in that crew. So he was the person that we used to see like, oh we see what we know. We ain't see ll Cooj all the Big Daddy Kane or all these other people that was coming out. I George the person we see. And when Big Al got the deal, we kind of took it more seriously.
Speaker 1: Speak on Children of the Corn group you had with Mace Bloodshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Children of the Corn with some shit Bigyu kind of was putting together. Yeah, it was kind of like some shit he's putting together because he see like he kind of seen the vision early, but he just had to fuck the record deal. So uh, it was me, Mace Bloodshed who passed away her McGruff, and Big Out with some other people too, and he had such a fuck the record deal that we kind of was started to surpassing him because Mace was getting hot and we kind of took the name and kept it for ourself. Beat made some Bloodshed and started doing mixtapes and just rapping. But you know, shit wasn't realistic to you sign that paper, you don't know what's realistic, And what's not realistic, So we just took the day and read with it. If you go on YouTube, all the old songs up there right now. My man Digger did a lot of tracks for them. Kidnamed Digga who was a producer from Harlem. He did a lot of tracks. We had went to school together, and all the songs on YouTube. But Tim Mace got that deal. That's when it became realistic. But Children of the Clone with some shit we were trying to put together that never kind of paned out, but Big Out kind of started that name his vision.
Speaker 1: One story one of your favorite stories, something that stuck out to you, funny crazy about Biggie.
Speaker 2: Biggie. I don't really know Biggie, to be honest with you, To be honest with you, Ma's got his record deal. He was on fire, how to state moving and I was going with the money were everywhere, so he was kind of set up and he didn't want me to go to bad Boy thank God, you know what I'm saying. So he Biggie at his own label and he took me the Biggie Small's house and Biggie Smalls his leg was broke from some car accident and some shit and I had went up in his bedroom pause he had two girls in the bed and I'm like, oh shit, this real rapper shit like two bitches in the bed and no type of shit. So he was asking Base about this other rapper that we work with, and Mace was like, my man is better. So he put on beats and I just rapped for like forty minutes from him straight, and he was like, cut the beat off. What you want? So I'm like, I want two hundred and fifty thousand. I need a car, I need a house. Da da da dah. He's like, all right, bet, I'm gonna call my man Lance and get it. So we leaving. Mace's like, why would you say that he could get more than that? Don't have a town on what you want? Said, I don't fucking know me. Sin's Biggie man like, don't do that again. I'm like, all right, cool. But he ended up dying during that process. And when he was shooting they were shooting the rust in Peace video for Biggie and Harlem and his partner that he called named Liz Rivera was there at Jacob York and I'm like, y'all, I'm never got Biggie Ward to sign. They had just did a new deal with Sony and they was like, we'll give you the record deal because that's what Biggie War died. That's kind of how my shait kicked off. Yeah, but I don't Yeah, that's only met him that one time. Is that the person that that's the same guy j had problems with? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a Lance RAVERA. Uh, what's your take us to the studio. Let's go to the studio with Cam. What's your must halves? I know Tree is a definitely must have in the studio. So you and you in the studio, you're about to make Welcome New York with jay Z and Jules. What's the must have you got you gotta have in the studio?
Speaker 2: That's a that's a that's a you know, that time was kind of different like me all right, Like so I'm real not cheap, but I'm financially cautious. I would say studio costs money. If you don't got your own studio, I tell anybody right at home.
Speaker 3: So we so I'm not I'm not as experienced as you, but you know, I'll do my little mix safe and ship I used to tell people that too. They want to come in the studio and catch a vibe and trying to not write that shit at home because when you're coming here, by time it take you to write that ship.
Speaker 2: We could have been did ten songs, right, so but during that time, it's kind of like a green light. We would catch a vibe and the suit because Wan who's writing on O G One, it was a studio's baseline, so it's kind of like a green light. As far as welcome to New York City, uh, we always had weed in there. I don't really drink until everything is done, but I catch a vibe smoking. But as far as the way the New York City Record went, uh, it was kind of tension with me and jay Z, not so know, fighting and no shit like that. It was kind of like the way I took it was. You know, when I got there, they already were situated and I was trying to be super nice with everybody, and I wasn't getting that real feedback. So I was like, all right, cool, I just want to do my music. I came out a bad deal, I'm in a great situation. Let me just do what I gotta do and get the fuck out everybody's way, so good. Tell like, you gotta realize I was telling the name Dame had different distribution at the time. He had death Jam, which we al was on Elektra and somebody else. And I'm like, Dave, I don't want to go to death Jam. I want to go to Electra And he's like, Cam, it's gonna be better at death jail, saying I got this diplomattion I want to do. I think we shouldn't. He's like, trust me, it'll be cool because you gotta realize you got Brooklyn niggas, Philly niggas state property, and brook and Harlem niggas, not one nigga each place, twenty niggas from me. So now you got eighty personalities that you gotta juggle and you gotta deal with. And when I got there, I already been the fucked up deal. See that's the one thing about it is I'm happy I was in the fucked up deal. So now I know the business to where those guys I'm not saying they didn't know the business, but they being well taken care of, so they may not need to know where the record is not spending Hawaii Why is not spending in Austin, Texas? Why is not spending in Seattle? I already had that knowledge from getting jerked around. They didn't know that. So when I got to death Jim Rockefeller, I became a monster. Yo. You need to do radio. Yo. Why this ain't playing? Why this ain't going on? This your move? This is a closet down, this is an office. So Nigga's like, why can't moving away on a business like that? Because they kind of been taken care of already. I've been jerked around, so I know who to talk to. And I didn't think they liked that too much. And because it wasn't just Rockefeller, no respective Day more Jay z or Biggs and none that because they were the label. But I started going over, not saying over they had cool Rockefeller doing this. Now I'm going upstairs to death jail, Kevin Lyles, Leo Cohen, Julie Greenwalt Kaiser, I Rockefellas. But now I need the big homies to push the button. You know what I'm saying. That's the parent Well, they joint venture, but I considered them the parent company even though it's a joint venture deal. And I started leaning on them niggas you push the button, pushed the butt. I had niggas sitting in their office every day, like yo, go sitting Kaiser's office to Kaiser's a guy who did radio. That's my man. Two shot the Kaiser, that's my nigga. But he got so tired of us sending his motherfucking office every day, eating his lunch and everything. Now when we did Old Boy, but time that shit shit uh maxed out. We was at that particular time before Kanye. It was the number one radio record in death Jam history because my man Zeke said and that shit every day and just annoyed that nigga until he's like, okay, Cam, you got fucking seventy thousand spins and be like all right, cool, We'll leave you alone now. But you know that was a big deal considering like death Jam history. You know you got llll who J Republic Enemy, and jay Z everybody else so far as New York City concerned. Back to the original question, Sorry, jay Z got to talk with me. He's like, Yo, it's tension. We cool, ya ya YadA. So we broke the tension. So I'm like, well, it's it's a beating the studio. Let's go now, and he's like, bet and we went in there, so y'all was together. I walk into night break, those scenario down. I walk in the studio. Now, it's kind of like it's already. I know it's tension already, so I'm just what's up and keep it moving. I go in the studio. He comes like, I talked to you, so I'm like, what's up. He's like, ya, it seemed like it's a little tension. I just want to say, yo, y'all doing y'all thing. We don't need to have tension here. I'm like, that's what I've been trying to tell niggas this old time. But I don't even know what the fuck this shit is about. He's like, nah, yeah, we're all good. We ain't got no problem. So I'm I'm taking advantage of opportunity. We good, well come in, come in, like, let's do this right now. He like, bet, So we going there and nigga listen to the beat for like five minutes and did a verse. I'm like, who is this nigga? Like cause you know, like you you know how we were just talking about writing at home because I didn't write nothing at home neither that day. But I just come in to vibe and you know how you like like writing at home. But he ain't here to beat, he ain't cheat, and it ain't like he had some balls at home. That nig you listen to be for five minutes and went in there and did it two minutes. And it's no way you could it because my name is in the verse and like I'm saying my name and the ship and all type of shit, So I don't I'm not a good freestyler. He did that sho off the top of his head. I'm a good writer. So I'm sitting there like this, just writing my ship so I could be fast too. And that's how the song came about. That's just how it went. Yeah, it's a classic last one am hey Ma? Remember so hey Ma? Like oh boy was rocking first, hey Ma, wasn't really catching on an urban radio. So I don't know, like every city got like these pop stations in New York is Z one hundred, you know when they play country music and you know the pop songs. Yeah, you know Britney Spears at the time and all if shit. It wasn't working with black radio. Hey I wasn't working with black radio. So my man's back to Kaiser. We like, Yo, Kaiser, we're gonna be in here again until Kai I said, we did everything we could do for this record, Cam leave me the fuck alone. Like you guys have Zeke sitting here for two three years. The black fucking stations is not fucking with this record. It's just not he said. But strangely enough, the all turned the pop stations is. So it's like the pop stations is He's like, yeah, Ken Lane runs a pop station. I said, where's Ken Lane office? That right there? I see you, lad, yo Zeke, this the new mission. So now Zeke is sitting in this nigga name Ken Lane's office, like ya, get us on all the pop stations and so now we're on all the pops. So we found out as a Lino Richie sample. So that's why the ship ain't no Riching two times.
Speaker 1: You didn't even realize the crossover at the time that you're just making, you know.
Speaker 2: So now we're on all the pop stations across America because of Ken Lane, and now the urban stations is paying attach. It was like a backwards process. All the pop stations and now the urban states say, matter the fuck they get one of our niggas over there, bring them back home. So that's how I Hate Mon kind of worked out. It was like a reverse situation, but that's how that went.
Speaker 3: Any he worked with a lot of great producers. An who's your favorite to work with? Do you have one? They all bring something different?
Speaker 2: Yeah, favorite, Damn, trying to think who's the favorite. Heat Makers is my favorite. It's out of heat Makers and just Blaze. You know what I'm saying, Like, he Makers is my niggas, like they gave it. They they helped create a diplomat sound, you know what I'm saying, Like my man Digga did that in the beginning, but he he made he Makers made like that diplomat sound. And Juge Blade had a lot of good, good records, so what we had on Rockefeller as well. But my favorite, I'll definitely have to say.
Speaker 3: He made eighteen year anniversary of Purple Haze this year, nineteen excuse of nineteen and it. What's your favorite songs out the project? Congratulations by the way, thank you man, I appreciate it. That's probably my favorite album.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's a dope time you know for me because so, like I was telling y'all niggas like, so I was, I was like in a fucked up deal, Like I had two gold albums and didn't really have that much money. So I kind of took the money I had and bought drugs and went to the Ohio with the shit. So the whole I lived in Columbus, Ohio for like five years. Man, Like I used to go the Lebron games when he was in high school. That's I know Rich and Maverick and I know them there in school and they know me too, from when I was living in Columbus and I got Rich out there. Man. You know, it's fucking so all that music was during Yeah, all that music was kind of like I'm getting the money I feel I deserved to get because the music business wasn't giving me the money I deserved. It wasn't because I was in a transition to leaving before Purple Hayes leaving Sony going to Rockefeller. So I went Platinum on Come Home with Me, and I'm like, I don't trust this man. I saw getting music money, but I'm like, I don't trust this shit. I'm just gonna keep Yeah, this is definite, you know what I'm saying. So that whole Purple Hayes album, I kind of was like getting wrapped money and street money at the same time. So it was just a great, great time and I was in a great space financially mentally. Everything was really good. So I had a real good time making that album. A favorite song I don't really know, because I think the whole album was really really dope. I felt I recorded a lot of Chicago because I was going back and forth from Chicago to Ohio, back and forth doing my thing and Twister. It was a lot of people that fucking was a part of that album. But I don't have a favorite song. I just think the album is open. Thank you guys for no knowledge that project.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe Jimmy said that the was supposed to be for you, and there was and then return he felt bad about it, so he gave it the down and our beat, which is to me, was harder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was way harder. It ain't go like that, But yeah, he might have forgot because he was there. He was definitely there for the whole process. He was definitely, he was definitely there the whole process. What happened was Kanye came to the studio, know Kanye trying to come up and ship, and so he played He played the B for me, pardon me this one. I still was on Sony though, and I'm like, I want that beat. He like bet and heard that show on the radio like two weeks later. I'm like, so, I'm gonna kill this nigga when I see this nigger deal. Why would he do that? Because that was that beat was hard? It was. I actually did that song over to Tupac beat. That song. I did a song called leave Me Alone let Me Live My Life, and I wrote that to the age to the Iszo beat, leave Me Alone, let Me Just Live my Life. I wrote that song to the age to the Iszo beat, but I ended up putting it on a song I did over Tupac's beat, Ambitions of a Rider. But when I got the Rockefeller, No, he was over there, so I can't really start no trouble with him, Like that's so fucked up. Ship. I let him know. So he gave me a beat CD and as far as down and I was concerned. He bro I got that's one of my favorite songs. No, no mine too. Now I appreciate it, but as far as a concern, he didn't give me that as a replacement. I didn't gave me a Beat CD like seventy beats on it and you found out one was like number forty eight. I fished that shit out off for DCD. I like, like, because you gotta realize your ears go crazy after a wilder, so you don't like beat forty nine be less they down now. It was like beat forty nine like this one sound like that, you gott gonna be fifty one ff. Then you're like, I think twenty three, thirty seven and forty nine was like like yo, even now talk to you. Send me six 'y five at a time, don't send me no thirty five beats at one time. Just just too much to consume at one time, post or taking your break not consumed. But I was like, yo, I had to fish that shit out for seventy beat CD, but it ended up turning out good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kanye, want somebody bring up his name to you? What's what's your first thoughts?
Speaker 2: Kanye? He played crazy with who? You want to play crazy with me? You know what I'm saying? Yeah, yeah, that make crazy when it's convenient.
Speaker 3: Yeah the fact, Yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree with your whole hearted on that. When I think, yeah, exactly, exactly official. Every time I see Kanye. I've seen Kanye about about a year and a half, two years, about a year and alfgo Nigga was saying, as a motherfucker camera or something, you need some beats. I'm like, yeah, all right, cool man. It's like, yo, I might work around fun with you. You're going to tell you go telling you boboson like talking about beats. I'm like, all right, cool. Two days later and they're going crazy on the news and on tape or shit. Every time, he's perfectly fun, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and he'd be saying some nice he be saying some true ship sometimes too. Yeah. I mean I've never seen a crazy Kanye personally ever.
Speaker 1: Diplomats early days, how'd that come about? Like you said you had mentioned it early on? What was the objective with that group?
Speaker 2: Just you know, kind of like after Mason left the music business and I was trying to put the team together that big out didn't put together, and I but Diplomats, I ain't do shit then nobody else saying to do. To be honest with you. I watched No Limit do what No Limit did. Then I watched cash Money do what cash Money did. Then I watched rough Riders do what rough Riders did. I watched Rockefeller do a Rockefeller did murder, even murder inc to a extent. And I like niggas like movements because when you got a movement, you can argue within the movement if it's all about the same shit. Like you know, niggas will be like, Yo, I like juviie better than Lil Wayne. Y'all like Lil Wayne better than this person. Yo, many fresh as the real, but you're still arguing about the same niggas. You know what I'm saying. It's all in the same movement, you know. And I always thought about that because I was like, Yo, it could be somebody be like I don't fuck with Kim, but I fuck with Jim, or I don't fuck with Jim, but I fuck with Juels, or I don't fuck with Jewels, I fuck with hell out whoever we had around the time. And I'm like, as long as the argument period is within the circle us they listening and saw the same circle. So I used to, you know, niggas used to have no Limit fights on my block, like as much as they dumb nigga niggas was in New York where Camouflage Type and Master P had niggas going crazy. Nigga niggas that niggas going crazy. Mister serve On, mister Kola got down with them. Nigga Shaq was in the video. Nigga talked about P got four hundred million, niggas is going around by fake tank chains on tape and shit. Master P had that shit in a frenzy. And I used to sit there and observe niggas on my block argue but even before cast money argue about all the artists and no limit and then Master P, if you look, you know it wasn't no Internet and that that shit. But seemed like he had seventeen artists come out every week, Like you miss these niggas.
Speaker 3: Man, that's crazy to hear from a New York nigga and we from the South, we see it in real time.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, Yeah, you know what I'm saying, so Yo, that shit was just amazing to see how many artists this nigga kept just putting out, Like I told you, like I remember clearly, niggas was talking about you know, Soaked the Shaka and he's the best nigga and my men want to fight because nobody knew who missed the servo on was and the niggas was like, yo, y'all niggas trip y your niggas don't know mister serve on y'all violating the whole no limit. And I used to I used to observe these arguments like, Yo, niggas is really going crazy about niggas who's in the same click. So I kind of took all that format to try and make the diplomat brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, double disc diplomatic community quickly went gold. What was it like when you guys dropped that project?
Speaker 2: It was dope because I got to put my niggas on you know what I'm saying, Like for me, I'm not one of them niggas that that UH want or the shine on the accolades, Like I could have did all these singles by myself, told about old boy, pardon me, hey ma, now put you Wells on the ship. Now let Zeke sing the hook. Yo, Jim, you direct the video. Jim direct. I forced Jim to direct the video. I'm like, Yo, why is your Nick because you know, back in the days, your name used to be at the bottom, but he used he was learning how to direct. I used to be mad that he shared to direct this credit name with somebody else, because I wanted everybody name to be on the screen. Now, that's the one thing I didn't like about master I'm saying about master P about what I was seeing. You know, he had a movie called I Got the Hook Up, Nah about it before I got to Grivey Ship. You know what I'm saying. But when you look at the credits, officer friendly, everything is master P, everything, producer, director, acting, this person, that person. The first ninety two ships is master Light aigg.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn, this nigga want a credit for everything. I'm like, ah, just fake. Somebody else did some other shit. So when I watched about it, I'm like, uh, that's if you did everything. I ain't knocking it, but it'd be cool to have some other names up there and shit. So I always wanted other people to shine besides myself. And that's how I looked at the diplomatic situation.
Speaker 1: Uh New York in the nineties, late eighties, early nineties, a lot of different movement styles of music from Wu Tang, obviously, Rockefeller, Bad Boy, Locks, Terror Squad to name a few. Uh, everyone unique in their own way. What was music like for you back during that time.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like the you know music, you know, it was like the soundtrack for basketball. Really, like I said, music was like a real hobby my nigga. Like I said, I really in my brain thought I was going to NBA. You gotta the only reason in our brain we ain't even go overseas is because May's got deal when he was nineteen twenty and got two million dollars and we ain't risking it to go back to go back to school. So it was just like a soundtrack as far as high school, just in the back and you know, background for our basketball careers. We started doing it professionally. It's competition if once you in the game. You know, still to this day, you know, I'll be seeing niggas in New York post all type of niggas, but me, I won't post on you. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, I'm just saying because it would be like you be seeing niggas that you know, post niggas from somewhere else to post somewhere else, and I'd be like, if I got a project come out, they won't post it. But if that's what we do, I fine, I'll go post a nigga from no Braska to that nigga, you know what I'm saying. So, but it's New York is you know, it's really a lot of competition and everything no matter what you do. But as far as music concerned, that's a in the beginning is a back out for basketball. When I started playing basketballs it was just trying to be the best rap I could be, make the best songs I could make, and track you might above water because there's a lot of a lot of rappers and a lot of groups from New York. Acting.
Speaker 3: Payton for Dame kind of inspired me to start my acting career as well. Was he big and you starting to act? And how did you get that role?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like so everybody knows, like if you're from New York, you know that story, especially from Harlem. It's a Harlem story, so you know the story. And you killed that shit, by the way, thank you man, I appreciate it. I appreciate that. And so everybody's going for auditions. It's hilarious because I just see some auditions that Nas did on instagram a the other day, and dude, what's my nigga name? Damn, I can't think of another name. Who was who was trying to go for Aces part? I'm so mad. He's a rapper man. Nigga's nice too. I'm pissed off. I can't think of a nigga name because he's dope. He's dope. Act Most Death. Most Death was auditioning for Aces role. I just seen their audition tape. I wish I'm gonna tell I gotta find more audition tape whoever has that? But everybody was auditioned for it. I knew the role. I mean I knew the character because everybody outside the movie I'm from home, everybody knows the story. And when Dame gave me opportunity to come audition, and when our audition.
Speaker 1: It should seemed too natural because I knew it.
Speaker 2: But it was funny because I bought a real you know, me and Jim's in the house practicing lines, and I'm like, yes, I bring the real gun because it's a part. You gotta put a gun out on the Jim. Yeah, yeah, do that. So yeah, that wor the mother. So I go down there do doings. You know, we ain't doing no audition. You're reading with somebody that there's three people behind the desk and they have the cameras on something doing it and a maga, now shut the fuck up. Nigga say hey, hey, everybody, calm to fuck that. What's going on. I'm like, I need this part, my nigga, And Dame said, relax, care, you have to relax. I said, I ain't loaded the clips over here. I ain't gonna shoot nobody. He said, Yo, I think I'm gonna get you the part after that. So right, So yeah, I ended up doing the movie. Charles Stone directed the movie. So we shot eighty percent of that movie shot in Canada. So when we're shooting the movie, Dame is not really there on set a lot, and the clothing people had to ship. They going off fan magazines and all these magazines where they may have seen people go out for a night when shit for a night, but I'm like, they're not wearing metallic blue pants selling drugs. So you got a Canadian female who's doing wardrobe arguing me like, look this is what he had on the magazine. I'm like, I say, yo, this looked like they went to a dress up party. They're not selling cocaine in these joints right here. And Dame came Dame came back. I would call him and say, Yo, this shit gonna be fucked up. He came back, he was up to start firing everybody and brought mad air one Nikes and Timberlands and got it right. So at this time, this is kind of during the process of when I'm not really doing well and leaving, leaving Epic and going to a Rockefeller. So I'm still in the street every day at Harlem, every single day, and I was like, if I don't get this part right, it's gonna be fucked up. So they had lines that you supposed to read and then outside the lines. To director Charles Stone was like, care, say what you would say in real life if this was the situation. So I would say seventy five days. Pep for saying that movie the dialogue is improv because the lines was mad corny. I mean like I would be reading and I would read it. I would do my job and say, yeah, I don't think they would really say that. Challs, He's like no, what's do another take? Say what you would say, like all that current the front that wasn't in the script. That shit was not in the script. None of that shit, you know what I'm saying, give me extra water, all that shit. None of that shit was in the script. It was shit that I would say, I can't do this movie and go back home because niggas will kill me if I don't get that shit right. So that's how I took the movie. We had him on the show how Good was working with Wood, Harris oh Man, them niggas was Dope Man Boy and Maca. Because I've never done a movie before. That was my first time ever doing a movie, so they gave me a lot of insight. A lot of guys like even even Maca and Wood, they said, because we got a lot of freedom. Miki's from Harlem to was obviously did a lot of Earth movies. So when we're doing this shit, Macai was giving his two sets. You know there's a part where he choked out the uncle in the hall way. Yeah, but it didn't go like that in the movie. He just supposed to go and that be kind of like this shit, corny, I'm ana choke Homeboy out drag him out the whole year. So when he was doing that, I was like, yeah, that look realistic and witness pockets, Yeah yeah, yeah. So when he did it, I was like, Noah, that's the way it's supposed to be done. So Macay came and he said, this has never happened again, Cam and no movies. They don't let us get this much freedom and all that shit. And I'm like, what that's fucked up. So that's why I do it my own movies. I'm like, yo, I can't be listening to the niggas like if it don't seem realistic or yeah, I don't want to do it. You know a lot of movies I've done like three four movies, like right now, I was telling my niggas, I want to do a movie kind of like and coming to America when Eddie Murphy was like the white Nigga and the barber shop, Like you ain't know what Eddie Murphy told was over like not white girls because you knew that I was Marlon Wayne. Another nagme I'm talking about. I don't even want you to know it's me because everybody like Cam, you're not really acting you're just acting like cam you keep getting away from.
Speaker 1: Yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, yo, I don't get no acting credit, man, I.
Speaker 3: Gotta give your credit because but that that says something about your your acting where you can be you and a lot of the best actors they act the same way in all the movies.
Speaker 1: But that sounds right, the same way and all that time.
Speaker 2: Don't get a fun Malcolm X, I can go dodge. But this is my nigga everywhere, and when it tells up movies, it's not. It's my nigga every other movie. Man ship, that's what's up.
Speaker 1: Uh. Backstory with the pink fur coat, the famous maybe very famous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this nigga get you can't. You gotta remove from sef.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crunching on chips and gotta remove bear.
Speaker 2: Roussie Wallace is Joint's tough boy. Just talking about them, Pat love of Joints. He threw me off with pig coat. Yo. So we used to go to fashion Week and and you know everybody do that ship now, the met galland on all types of Dame was in that ship for years, going to all that ship fashion for years and years and years. And I knew that I was trying to do something to stand out, and I'm like, back then, like I said, it wasn't no inter andnet and that that's it. Dame big Thing was like, we gotta make pay six. If you made pay six in the post, that means you was there with Leonard DiCaprio, Donald Trump, whoever ordered most famous people made paid six of the post. And I'm like, what the fuck am I gonna do to make paye six? So halloming they at the store called Halem Signature that or the fly shipping there, and I was like, yeah, this is it. I seen that ship. They have to have been at the pink motherfucking flip phone. Uh. I say, yeah, I'm making pay six tomorrow, nigga. And that's that's that's really the more the story, and that shit kind of took a life of his own, and you know, people be like, yo, can't bring the pink coat. Bring the pink coat. Like it's like I'd be on some asshole time poor. It's like they wanted me to bring the pink coat. They want me to bring the pink coat somewhere like three years ago, like yo, we'll pay you to bring the pink coat. So I'm like, all right, it need car service though I have my own call, so I said, but didn't need costs. So I started doing wild ship because Niggas is so infatuated with the pig. I'll make that you have his own car service. Somebody pick it out. Think you still got it. I got one of them, but I don't have the main one. I just just just got, you know, I don't want to say yeah, I let the person talk about it, but I just just uh got ready the main one. I always had a backup, but the main main one is going. I still got the stunt double.
Speaker 3: That's one of the that's one of the keeping rappers. Rappers are a lot of rappers and use that style for video. And on Halloween, right, no, every kids, everybody dressed like Halloween.
Speaker 2: Babies on the I get tacked it on tight now I get tagged it on type of shit every single Halloween. About that pink coat, like they got a little baby wrapped in cotton candy. I think the ship was trying to look like the pink coats and all that shit look like Katton candy to me. I don't know what the ship was.
Speaker 1: Recently, there's been some back and forth uh, not necessarily them less a forward ship, but the ship with Joe. You posted something this morning? What's going on with that current? Where are we at with that? Posted it this morning? Like basically we can talk about I don't give a fuck, Like you know what happened is this man? Like you know, me and Mace on our show we talked sports, but we catch up on old time sometime, and we was talking about being in the Whole House in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 2: I was sixteen and seventeen. They talked, I don't know how our story gets on their show. I have no idea. So they talk about us being in the Whole House and then she just jumps out the window and says, what if it was under age girls in there? Niggas? Was like, Yo, my nigga, this is really not the time. You're not from this country. Secondly, we wasn't of age. We shouldn't have been in there anyway. So I kind of left it alone and was like, Yo, I ain't even pay no mind, because only niggas who get rattled got is niggas who got some truth behind that shit guilty. So I didn't even pay the shit no mind. When I paid their mind was because I was like, I get to the bitch when I get to the bitch. But she tried to apologize, so I was like, nah, jobs, because now if I want to wait two weeks or a month or whenever, niggas are like, oh can why you bringing that up? She apologized, you know what I'm saying. So I said, fuck you and your apology, because I don't want your apology. That shit is like the lowest or the lower shit you're gonna accuse somebody.
Speaker 1: Use right now?
Speaker 2: Yes, but even if it ain't right now, I'm like, I'm not no pediphlet like.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be guilty of that for that shit to affect your life, right exactly, just insinuated exactly.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. But I'm just telling you my morals as cameraon. I don't like that shit, bro, Like we had a whole shit. Actually it was a whole shit and we couldn't do it. And Charlemagne, the guy he talks about a lot, me and my man was about to do to catch the Predator show about twelve thirteen years ago. I remember, I don't know, I know if y'all remember when that show though, Yeah, we were doing the black version of that shit. Catch niggas trying to get with kids and all that shit, but there's like killing your niggas, gonna get locked up, y'all don't have to permit, and all that other shit to be doing to beat niggas up and all that other shit. So I get offended by that ship, but like you're like, you're saying you don't in people's eyes, one person, one person says, oh you do it, you did it, Oh they did it. Yeah. So the whole thing is when she realized how reckless it was, she apologized. I'm like, nah, fuck your apology. Fuck you. You can't just go around say what you want and then be like yo, I was bugging for saying that. It didn't bother me in the beginning because I was like, I ain't even tripping off that ship. But it got me more mad about the apology. So another nigga named Queed Flipp, who was on his show I helped out, used to give him advice. I wasn't even a podcast space give him advice. I'm like, yo, if you're doing almost like television, get some ad dollars or sponsorship. And I was teaching him how to do that, and I wasn't even in a podcast space. He's on this show and he had said some slick shit yesterday or the day before. Let me change that he did say. No, I thought he said some slick shit. What he said was why nobody's standing with Melissa Ford on this topic. Where he was saying was being sarcastic, like nobody got her back. But I thought he was saying why the more people got her back? So I went on live and kind of got it everybody on the show. So I already told him, I see what that show do. Them niggas trying to bait you. So you say something and then they go back and talk about what you said. So basically without this morning, so let's do a quick rundown to this shit. Right. You get up there and say, I may have been fucking with young bitches, young females. Pardon me. I don't say nothing, So you apologize, So I say, fuck your apology and fuck all y'all niggas. And then you come back and say, no, I'm standing with Melissa for fuck that. Kim is bugging and how am I bugging? Yo? How am I bugging? Because I don't want to accept your apology. I'm a somebody out for trying to say I was around some bullshit like that. Why don't y'all niggas just be like, you know what, we was dead wrong And my thing wasn't they not doing a live show? So Joe butten let that fly. It's two things. The way I say is this, you wanted the clicks or you threw her under the bus because they ain't a live show. You could have took it out, period. So yeah, So at the end of the day, that's the rundown. And today, so today, I guess his podcast came out, which y'all see up when I posted, and he's talking about oh because I say, what if I I wasn't I'm not gonna do it. But I was like, what if I suit for defamation the character? He told my old thinkers ain't got no money to suit for defamation the character. I'm like, why are you defending this shit that this girl did and she already knew she was wrong to do it, but you still find a way to defend it. So today I put that clip up because he said, and y'all be like, and he said, yeah, this is still gonn lissen Ford, y'all be liking the cheap escorts or Instagram liking her pictures and this and the third, so I'm like, is she an expensive escort? Because you mad niggas is like in the cheap escort. So I put that up. And he had on a cheetah romper with sandals, and I put that up, and that's what happened. That's the whole morm. That's what happened today. I really don't want to be bothered, but y'all niggas is dad wrong and I'm not and I'm mad funny, I'm wow, funny, broom wild, funny, like like I clawn my nigga. I really would choose to leave y'all niggas alone, but y'all don't want because it's mad more shit I got paor like, I'd rather just not even funk with y'all because it's not even fun. It's like picking on nigga when they come to like clown and niggas, so it's on them. Hopefully they just leave me the funk alone.
Speaker 1: Will to continued.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The current state of the league lebron kd Steph. Some of these guys getting older. You think the league is in a good position right now.
Speaker 2: League is in a great position. It's about you know, we're talking about that as well. It's like to me, who wants to be like the next Jordan Lebron? Who wants to step up? It's great players. But I'm trying to trying to think that's a great question. I'm trying to think how to put it, Like do Jannis want that? Yeah? Anthony Edwards? You know, you know Jason, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Jason Tatum, Booker.
Speaker 2: Jason Tatum Booker, joelmb Luca. You know, it's a lot, you know, and of course Anthony Edwards too. But you gotta want it, you know what I'm saying, You gotta want that. You gotta be like, Yo, this is this mine, you know what I'm saying. Like as much as as much as he never bet Jordan, but when Alan Imson walked in the league, like yo, I'm here, nigga, Like you know what I'm saying, Yeah, where's that at? Where's like? Yo, Yo, this is my dance floor too, you know what I'm saying, Like, where's that at? And I'm not mad at players having karateie and being cool and everything else, but y'all. Niggas know, y'all, niggas, I ain't speak to my niggas for weeks if I lost the niggas and they might have been that Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. So you know what I'm saying, nigga beat from with Kobe and all type of ship. Y'all niggas know, Like I'm not saying, go out there and start beating niggas up. But where's the niggas who's mad that they didn't lose that lost? You know what, I'm niggas be able to smile like yo, yo, it's been great now. Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. Let me ask you all a question real quick? Who do you think is the best American player? We just we just asked LaMarcus Aswers that question last okay, Yeah, we said shoot it over with the best America.
Speaker 1: Right now current. I think with Lebron stepping away soon, I think it's Jason Tatum right now, at this moment.
Speaker 2: Is Jason Tatum? I think?
Speaker 1: I think so. I think Anthony Edwards a booker in that conversation.
Speaker 2: But I think still better stuff right now. I'm going best right right now, right this very second. Yeah, Steph Curry, Steph Curry. Good point, that's what I brought him. Mother, Just stuff in there.
Speaker 1: Because I'm thinking older, like I'm thinking next. Yeah, yeah, Steph another three four years, three, four or five.
Speaker 2: Years three at the most. I think Steph. I was just about to say he's gonna cruise one. I just, I just I think I give Steph four more years and if if niggas helpful, I gotta.
Speaker 1: I got a question for you, responsibility as a fan of the game and and and understanding the sport. If you're in the position of Golden State's management, do you ride the respect wave with with Draymond and Clay until Steph is done? Or do you try to put the best team out there possible until Steph is done, meaning that you may have to trade a Draymond or a Klay Thompson.
Speaker 2: I think that's why they, gentlemen mans your left last year, because he don't want to be in that position to you know what I'm saying, Nigga, like, man, this is good camp ye your ship boy, that's good. That's good. Like that's good, that's good right there, that nigga said, I don't want to be the one to do this ship. I'm leaving man, So man comeing this motherfucker space and make his niggas respect you come on with this ship. Man. That was at That was a hot take you just said, Bro, I ain't never heard nobody say it like that. That was dope. Yeah, that's a fact because that nigga. You know that nigga. I ain't saying he capping when Katie towards the kid, He's crying and I think he genuinely funcks with that whole crew, but he no, tough decisions are about to have to be made, and he like, I don't want to be the one to do it, so he stepped down. As far as the new yeah, that's a fact. But as far as the new, uh, Gentlealman's concerned. Look the way it's looking now my opinion to answer your question, it's about money everything. You know. When I say about money, Clay, you don't look like you're getting no Max nigga. This don't look good, bro, This do not look good. Bro. If they didn't give it Jordan, Yeah, That's what I'm saying. But you know it ain't it ain't this what they ain't what you did yesterday is what you're gonna do for me next? And I know Clay won a max contract or at least close to the max, but only nigga playing max basketball Golden State is Steph Curry. You know, you gotta realize, even though it was a fucked up situation as far as the footage getting out, as far as Draymond uh snuffing Jordan Pool or whatever, they just get that nigga like one thirty for Chris Paul as much as I think, you know, we have Chris Paul hard timent show, but I fuck with Chris Paul, but you give away your future because the chemistry or the caaraderie in the locker room wasn't right. You know that nigga, him and Andrew Wiggins. That was the two niggas hanging out all the time because they was at that age group of the younger players that wasn't there for the first couple of championships that they went to. To me, the answer question, I think they're gonna ride with these niggas to the wheels falls off. I don't know if that's smart or not, but I think that's where ownership is at. I think that's where that Steve curR is at and honestly new management. But I do it. I don't know. It's about how much I can get Clay for right now.
Speaker 3: He still got time to turn it around though, still, and that's the only thing right he still got time to turn around.
Speaker 2: Play Finn. Listen, I'm not sitting here bad mouth no way. You asked me a question. I'm telling you. I do it on my show. I know niggas be mad, but you gotta tell the truth, bro, And niggas just got twenty young. I think three games go the first time somebody got more than twenty besides stuff Curry. It's the first fifteen six games. Nobody got more than twenty points on the Golden State Warriors, which is absolutely freaking ridiculous. Bro. We had yeah, but I'm saying for the first fifteen games, nobody gets twenty points besides Steph Curry Clay. I like Clay. I think his injuries fucked up his defense because he's a good two way player, you know. Uh, And now it's starting to get mental. When you're a shooter, that shit could get really mental and you're not knocking shots down. Now you got niggas talking like last year when he came back off injury, Clay Clay act like he don't be paying attention, But he pay attention. You know, he get mad at Charles Buckley and uh, you know, Kenny Smith and them niggas up there because they'll say something about him, like, damn, give me a chance to get back in rhythm. Fuck them niggas. Focus on what you gotta do to get back to where you had. A lot of players act like they not listening, but niggas be listening. Yeah right now. To me my personal opinion, I'm a Clay Fair. I think whatever injuries he had is fucking up his lateral movement because he was running the best defensive players in the league at a time and now he's not. You know, even last year when he's getting all that ship in Memphis, you know, you let them niggas get under his skin. You're throwing up the four rings and niggas. You let Devin Booker get under your skin. You're letting these young niggas get under your skin. And they want your spot, nigga, They want your spot. Nigga. You got you got something of the niggas want, so I think you gotta get clear of the discount. Y'all are right, It's plenty of basketball left, but at this rate, it ain't gonna happen. Hopefully he does turn it around.
Speaker 1: Now, hopefully does quick hit his first thing to come to mind, let us know, top five n y C hoopers of all time?
Speaker 2: Ever? Could we throw Carmelo and Jordan said, yeah, y'all go with Kareem ab dude, your ball first, tiny archer ball second, Yes, sir, tiny yalla ball, Stephan Marlburry. I would go somebody ain't thinking about and somebody I'm not thinking about.
Speaker 1: King from He's.
Speaker 2: From New York and now Yeah, mm hmmm. I don't got to the n b A. It could be anybody.
Speaker 1: Anybody.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've never seen Pee Wee play, so but I'll be hearing about the man. You know, they his his legend stories be out of coming out. Yeah, it's just be crazy. Doctor J. He's from long Allen. Yeah, Doctor J. I never seen Earl Manigat play neither. So who I got Stephan R. Marlbury, Kareem or Georgia ball Archiball, Doctor J. Doctor J. And I would go with fucking I go with Ali. Yeah, Yeah, that's one of my fast basketball players. He could do it all. Who's your childhood crush? Childhood crush too? Uh we say child like it could be twelve thirteen, yeah, yeah, teen years. So I'll tell you real quick story. So I love Holly Berry right. So one day I'm at the this is I was just getting a record deal. So we just got to finished playing basketball in LA and I'm sweaty. He's in a fifteen passer Evan. I wasn't playing like trying to go to the league. We're just playing ball. I'm at the ATM and niggas just like, yo, it's Holly buried next to you. I got no haircut on, no shirt er in the LA. Yoah, let me talk to you real quick. She's like no, no, no, no, no, no, you have to relax. I'm like, hear me out, hear me out. So she walked into her car man fast and I'm following them. But I had a cassette tape. My promo was cassette tapes at the time before Seeas came out. So I'm at least let me just give you my tape. So she rode the window theren this was it was a nigga in the passenger see laid back. I slid the ship through there and gave her my fucking uh my promotion. It wasn't my album. It's one of them ships we got like the snippet songs on that Yeah, so I gave her that shiit. So like six years later, I'm platinum and all this other shit. I'm at the American, the Music American, the Music Awards, and I'm in there with man niggas, Nelly in there. I'm in there with fucking Tyson back for Laurence Tate, Laurence Tate, all these people coming out to michiam. I love you so sate, like, Yo, my nigga, I fuck with you, nigga. You one of my favorite Yo. You my nigga. Yo. For years you know, I was me and the passage to see what Holly when you slipped up right there, I said, that was shoot, my nigga. I sent the bitch to ATM go grab a couple of dollars and she don't not grabbed the CD out the bitch here and you don't know what the fuck this isn't yo, nobody else knows this story. That was fu.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, bro, that was razy damn.
Speaker 2: My second one was Jane and Jacknie my second crush Janet Jacknie, porn Star, pawn starf Yeah yeah, got on the night stuff Jane and Jacknie Ship.
Speaker 1: How did you feel them? Not not street money when you first got your first big music money? Would you spend that first check on.
Speaker 2: My grandmother a Rolex? I ain't even buying no house or not. I just bought my I'll standing my grandma for a while. I bought a Rolex and some ear rings. That first thing I bought myself anything. First thing you do in the morning, last thing you do at night. First thing during the morning, brush my teeth and drink some tea. Uh, turned on sports to see what's going on. And then at night I smoked some weed and listen to music and ship trying about catch a vibe. You know, girls around, try and get girls definitely person foremost every night before anything else.
Speaker 1: Five dinner guess dead are alive? You plus five at the dinner table.
Speaker 2: At the dinner table, I go, you know, I go. People that I didn't meet that I want to meet I haven't met. I want to have Eddie Murphy. I'm a big Larry David fan. My days like my favorite nigga. Damn, y'all have some good questions you like, Hey, you like sarcastic niggas. Larry David, he's Larry David, Like yo, like nigga, that's the only nigga. I was fucking fan out that niggas fucking hilarious show, super larious. Who else would I saying with? Because I kind of met everybody I want to meet? Who's some cool niggas? That's cool? I don't really know a lot of cool niggas.
Speaker 3: They pick pick pick somebody that's that's that's that's dead that you want to have dinner with?
Speaker 2: Who's dead? Like, well, I picked the niggas I love, like my cousin Bloodshed or big Al and Biggie Smalls say that that's a good one.
Speaker 3: And my mom, you know, mom, one guess who would you like to see on All the Smoke? But but you have to help us get your answer on the show.
Speaker 2: Explain that who would you like to see on All the Smoke?
Speaker 3: But but you have to help us get your answer on the show.
Speaker 1: So somebody you know, somebody in your phone?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, oh my answer you on the show. I'm not gonna says, gonna treat y'all like the deeds, and he's gonna treaty' all like your investigation, not talking about that. I get somebody like an open book. Did you have Jada kiss Hip kiss kiss Your kiss is fucking like this is underrated, super funny nigga. I've been in the studio with it. Yeah, that's because his personality sometimes doesn't come across. Uh oh j Simpson the juice, the juice. But we got to clear with nobody. We own this ship.
Speaker 1: But you know, he said he can't come to l A because he might be sitting at the next to the nigga that did this.
Speaker 2: We have to do it somewhere else. We have to do it. Hey, look look I gave y'all an answer and the number in my phone that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we appreciate that. Two things before you get out of your one. We want to do a collapse show with y'all somewhere make some money.
Speaker 2: Let's go get it. What it is is that like we still be outing shows and ship like on the weekends, we still be booked, like MA had to show this weekend and uh, that's why he could. We want to do the collide with you all this weekend. But I knew y'all was in town for the for the nbation, so I didn't want to miss the opportunity Sanwich, especially being this nigga talk all the time and uh be giving each other information back and forth. So I ain't never want to seem like I ain't want another sit Downwich all niggas, So I made him my business to stay. Now you already know I would have. I would have went home too, uh this weekend because sometimes we got shows and we still book like and Mason's book this weekend. But as soon as possible it might gotta be uh, I would say, uh, probably towards the end of January, because May's still gonna be on is what it is. But he's gonna be via sidell like he has. Uh. He's going on tour in Australia for three weeks in January, right right, Yeah, I ain't gonna I'm saying I ain't getting paid Mason. Mason's going to the press all the money. I'm unreasonable too, had a driver for me. Yeah, I mean with y'all niggas were gonna work it out for sure, definitely good. I'm I'm the U over here on this. Yeah, that's the fact. But yeah, if it makes sense that absolutely you'll realized Australia like a twenty five hour play ride. Yeah, so yeah, you're gonna for three minutes. Listen. Let me tell you. Mason's unreasonable, y'all to realize MAS make a lot of money outside of this show. The show me doing that nigga, he's on zoom calls every day. You know, the God God has blessed him. Yeah, hell say that. He's trending right now. So he just dropped it on the concert he had last night. He did a dough freestyle. Okay, it's blowing up right now. Yeah, that nigga may still couple a couple of names and distance he throwing that in the freestyle. Yeah, this jamming too. I know what he talked about with them cameras they knowing. I don't even know what's going on. But yeah, y'all figuring it out and give me to Australia.
Speaker 1: Cool, but I'm not We could do somewhere in the States. Yeah, it is fine to do a show. But before we get you out of it, man, we just wanted to give you your flowers. Man, like what you guys have been able to do. Obviously, your music career speaks for itself what you did in the stance you made in that, but your crossover in this space and you brought a new angle, some new energy, some new ship talk, and some ship that everyone could really turn into, tune into, and the ship that we're really saying, like we can't say some of the ship y'all say, and we off the hook. So we appreciate you all being and make a lane for it.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I'll watch you guys before we even thought about doing this, and I'm like, this is dope ship, but like that, what's the money? Like that was always what I used to think about it. I'm like, yo, because I'm not talking just y'all, I'm like, yo, I didn't never know what was going on in this space. And I'm like, there's a lot of people just turning MIC's on. Bro. It is, Yeah, Yeah, that's the thing about it. It's right now with some fucking mad quantity over quality. Yes, and I'm inequality, But thank you guys for what you're doing and making me want to do it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I appreciate you, bro, but thank you man. That's a rap right there, The one and only can Killer Can Man. You can catch this, you know where you can catch this, And we're gonna see y'all next week.
Speaker 2: All the Smoke Productions