Speaker 1: Good morning us say yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Charlamagne, Peace to the planet is Friday.
Speaker 3: Good morning, how y'all feel out there? I feel blessed, black and holly favored. Happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 2: What's happening? Yes, good morning, it's a Friday, damn it.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 5: I'm feeling good?
Speaker 2: You sober?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You look a lot better than yesterday.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, yes, listen.
Speaker 4: I want you all to know sometimes it's gonna be like that. I'm not mad at you and I and I still got my ass up. I came to work like it's like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we be like that.
Speaker 4: And I was just saying people was a little sensitive about how it was they was yesterday.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people come to work to sleep. It's perfectly okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, damn right, yeah, and that Look, I don't know how many more years of radio I got ahead of me, but then they're gonna be the last time y'all see me like that's all good?
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, that'll stop. It'll slow down. Trust down. But yeah, we used to do the same thing.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not even say it'll slow down, it'll completely stop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I believe it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I believe y'all used to be way worse than I was yesterday.
Speaker 3: No, don't say that stopped the speak. I want to speak for the collective man. We used to wild out though.
Speaker 5: But the good thing is good thing is I did.
Speaker 4: I did get fund and then yesterday I got After my nap, I went to the Governor Governor House recept festival reception, and I was invited by the Governor and first.
Speaker 6: Lady more so Governor of Maryland.
Speaker 2: What's more govern cousin Maryland.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely so shout out to my cousin Wes Moore. Anything from the government, beautiful wife, First Lady Dawn Moore.
Speaker 6: What did you steal anything from the governors?
Speaker 5: No, because everything is too heavy.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, so you.
Speaker 4: Thought about it though your voice light a little bit. Then yesterday I still ain't get it. I know I still ain't get it back one hundred percent. But yeah, I think I'm about.
Speaker 2: Like a forty because you used to do use your magic.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 5: I sounded like a husband yesterday I loved it.
Speaker 6: Have y'all watched Forever on Netflix?
Speaker 2: Ship?
Speaker 4: They was talking about it at the festival reception last night at Wes Moore's at down Moore's First Lady.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know it's one of my favorite storytellers of all time, Judy Bloom. It is a reimagining of Judy Bloom's book Forever by another one of my favorite storytellers, the creator of Girlfriends, Marl Brock could kill. So it is fantastic. You know, it's a great show. And after you watched the less episode you hate one of the characters and I do not like Justin at this moment.
Speaker 4: But that's the best though, because the acting, the plot, the story is probably so good. Yes, they can make you hate them like that. If you could put a genre on it, what what would you classify it as?
Speaker 3: Romantic drama? Maybe romantic drama? Maybe let's get romantic drama.
Speaker 2: Let's get the show crack and the cast of the why It will be joining up.
Speaker 7: We'll be joining us this morning gainst the twenty third anniversary of The Wire.
Speaker 3: That's right, Trey Chaney will be here, j D Williams and Son Johnson uh An on one Glover.
Speaker 2: We've been man.
Speaker 4: I picked the wrong day to be Zeed then I was supposed to have been messed up today for the wire.
Speaker 2: You wanna do Heroin? Thank you? I bet what are talking about?
Speaker 3: And we're celebrating us two young entrepreneurs Elijah one Ajuke that sounds right and Earl from east Side Golf.
Speaker 2: That's right. They'll be joining us this morning. So that's doing it big and golf all right. And we got front page news next to Mimi's actually here in person studio.
Speaker 8: Yeah, heh, just hey, we'll get.
Speaker 2: To that when we come back and don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Go Morning Morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's DJ n V.
Speaker 2: Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some.
Speaker 7: Front page news. It's in Quick Sports last night. The NBA playoffs are amazing. I mean this, These are going to the wire. The Nuggets beat OKC last night one nineteen one O seven. They tie the series three to three. So there will be a game set and my next play tonight.
Speaker 3: That's anybody's Game seven with the Nuggets and OKC. You can't play with the Nuggets. They former champions Man any time that god damned big ass Joko on the court.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 6: You can't play with him, that's right.
Speaker 7: And you can't play with Boston tonight because even though Tatum is out, they still got a strong team and a long bench.
Speaker 2: Pause.
Speaker 4: Morning, Good morning, y'all.
Speaker 9: All right, so let's get into this front page news. A judge in Wisconsin is pleading not guilty to helping a man invade immigration authorities. Now Judge Hannah Dugan, she was in court yesterday. She was indicted on two counts of obstructing a federal agency and concealing an undocumented immigrant who had a criminal hearing in her courtroom.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: Dugan was arrested by the FBI back in April.
Speaker 9: A federal grand jury indicted her earlier this week, and her trial is set to begin on July twenty first. Now, according to the FBI, the man she was allegedly trying to help was previously deported in twenty thirteen, but he re entered the US illegally and was later accused of battery. Immigration officials had planned to a arrest him after his court hearing, but agents say someone took photos of the arrest team and showed it to the judge while she was in court, and when that hearing ended, witnesses say the judge told the man to follow her and led him and his attorney out of the courtroom through a private door to avoid agents.
Speaker 8: Now, the man was later spotted in the courtroom. He ran from agents, but he was caught outside after a breath foot chase.
Speaker 9: Now Dugan's attorney thinking they were surrounded, he wasn't going to get far. Dugan's attorney said she's innocent and she was acting with her within her role as a judge. Her legal team is trying to get the case dismiss, arguing she has immunity and the arrest violates the constitution.
Speaker 3: Did they have a relationship, like her landscape was up her boyfrienditan.
Speaker 8: I think it was just she wanted to be a good Samaritan.
Speaker 2: But you can't do that right.
Speaker 7: You can't know that they're going to pick him up and then say, sneak out the back door, because if it would have been anybody else, he got locked up.
Speaker 9: But this s's a precedent because when do you when do you arrest a sitting judge in her courtroom? So that's what everybody's up in arms about is that that she's you know, she's been arrested by the FBI, and so if she's convicted, she's facing two charges, one felony, one misdemeanor, and that is up to six.
Speaker 8: Years in prison.
Speaker 3: That is interesting because I'm just sitting there trying to think what was her plan, Like, where was she trying to get, you know, this this individual to go? And was she I won what abusing her power would be the right word, meaning that she knows she's a judge. That she probably was thinking they're not going to arrest me if I stand in the way, they.
Speaker 2: Think she was gonna call it she said, go out the back door? How do to go? I just let them out this way, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Yeah, sit them through a private exit. Okay.
Speaker 9: So and then I know you guys have been covering the Newark air traffic controller situation, and so there is a second air traffic control facility in the US experience that experienced about a ninety second communications outage this week. It happened on Monday at the Denver Air Route Traffic Control Center, which manages airspace over Colorado and nearby states. Now, during this outage, as many as twenty pilots over the Denver Airspace could not talk to air traffic controllers. Frank McIntosh he is the Deputy Chief Operating Officer for the FAA. He testified yesterday at the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee that one of the controller's main radio frequencies failed, then they switched to a backup, and that one failed two For nearly two minutes.
Speaker 8: He was grilled by Rep.
Speaker 9: Hank Johnson about the shortage of air traffic controllers. Unlet's his listen to that exchange.
Speaker 2: How many people?
Speaker 10: How many air traffic controllers have left the system since January twentieth of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I'm not aware of how many? Every tenner, but so could it have been one hundred.
Speaker 11: It could have been one, It could have been one thousand.
Speaker 10: Could have been five thousand now maybe twenty five hundred now two thousand.
Speaker 11: I don't believe so.
Speaker 6: Sir, I track how many air traffic controllers?
Speaker 2: Room would tell us how.
Speaker 5: Many have left their jobs to January twenty.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you that exact number. Happy to come back, all right.
Speaker 9: So that exchange took place, and that's after a new station in Denver, Denver seven investigates. They're reporting that the outage lasted six minutes, and not the ninety seconds that the FAA is reporting, but six.
Speaker 8: Minutes, two minutes without scary, it's too much.
Speaker 3: There's not enough sense of urgency around this situation for me, like either closed new or game put down for the time being.
Speaker 2: That was Denver. That was Denver.
Speaker 6: That was the other day too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that happened to dow It the other day. That that happened in Denver. That's it's just scary. You're flying. But I wonder if this happened before and now we're just hearing about it more and more and more, or is this totally new?
Speaker 2: Why aren't the airlines raising? Hell?
Speaker 3: Because then when something bad happened with one of the airlines, they're going to get to blame. So why why aren't they raising?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're also going.
Speaker 8: To lose money though, so it's all about money at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: So anyway, and there's most people with jobs at those airports.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, last front page news. We'll see next hour. Me, me and everybody else. Get it off your chest. Before that, I also want to tell everybody that engineers have been gone on strike this morning at NJ Transit is halting the nation's third largest commuter line. So if you live in New York and you're trying to get to New Jersey to go to work, or you live in New Jersey and you try to get on to New York there is a strike, give yourself extra time you might need to work virtual today. They're saying it's gonna be nasty and a mess. They're saying it's gonna inconvenience some about one hundred thousand people plus.
Speaker 2: So I just want to give people the updates with that.
Speaker 7: All right, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello. Who's this Yo? Jay from Agetown? What's up off your ja?
Speaker 6: You said, dre right, Jay?
Speaker 2: Jay?
Speaker 12: I think now, Jane, Jane?
Speaker 2: Why? Hey?
Speaker 12: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 12: Man, Hey, First, I want to say every man, I don't care what Charlomagne is say about to made raide. Every time I met you and Houston at your car show. You've been good with me, man, you take care everybody. I'm with you, always talking.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: I won't get that out there first.
Speaker 6: That's because you think you're cute.
Speaker 2: No, shut up, man, I'm good with that.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey man, I don't know.
Speaker 12: I'm mad with a wife and kids.
Speaker 2: I'm mad with a wife. You care. I don't know what you're talking about. He's crazy.
Speaker 12: Now, he shout out to gest to us. See there and everything I'm in.
Speaker 2: I'm here.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 11: Think?
Speaker 15: So just now call because my little brother graduated from ACC today with his associates degree. Now he hasn't even got into a high school diploma yet. He get his high school with diploma in two weeks. Yeah, man, he go to willow Ridge High School. His name Cameron SMN. So I just want to shout of my tell him I love him, I'm proud of him. And you know, hey, this guy not even the limits of him with God gonna take him.
Speaker 2: That's right. Why have a good week.
Speaker 12: I want to call and get on my chair, hey, y'all to man, have a good one.
Speaker 2: I celebrate that brother, that young man.
Speaker 12: Hey, you said it is.
Speaker 2: I said, celebrate that young man. Take him out this weekend, do some.
Speaker 12: Get whatever you want?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: There you go, all right?
Speaker 6: You say that till you want a fan him.
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, I don't have.
Speaker 2: Have a good one. Brother. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 11: What this is?
Speaker 13: Smooth jazz on the poys Cities?
Speaker 2: Man, it's good, smooth jazz. What's up? Smooth jazz?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What's sad?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 13: So look I got this coworker, right, he's thirty eight, but my man's a version black Dude's trying to figure out how to help my man, you know, open up women.
Speaker 3: First of all, you don't have to help him. He's thirty eight years old and he's doing exactly what the Bible told him to do. Okay, we the sentence. Let that man be a virgin and you know, get the have sex when you get married like you' spposed to.
Speaker 13: Well, it ain't that you don't want to shoot me. He just got him problems talking to women, you know what I mean. He's from a small town out here in North Carolina, so he don't really got nobody around. He live with his mam man like Bro just kind of but I'm trying to help him out.
Speaker 4: Try to take him to like a speeding event, I mean a sweet dating event where like he gotta talk to people like he can't do it on the phone.
Speaker 5: He gotta is he socially awkward?
Speaker 11: He got.
Speaker 2: Steady twenty five, right, thirty eight.
Speaker 13: You know he's thirty eight, black and Porto RICHI but he don't really know too much about his Porto Ricans. You know, I meant tell all of his business, but I mean he's a bad looking dude. He feel me, but it was, you know, kind of a little Floyd.
Speaker 2: So why don't you take him out? Why don't you take him.
Speaker 10: Out with you?
Speaker 13: I done tried to Bro. Don't want to come to the port Man, He don't want to come to town. Him in the Port city out here woman to North Carolina is a little rupelessness. So you know, he a little scared.
Speaker 2: You don't even know if he like girls real. I was gonna say that the role one we asked him that.
Speaker 13: Dude, he keeps saying he ain't gained. I mean, we get on them all the time at work, you know, like we're bad on them.
Speaker 17: All the time, yo, but.
Speaker 12: At the store. But he just he's scary.
Speaker 13: Man, I don't know what the when he really really wanted to do that, but I told him my experience I got. I got way more experience a little boy in me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let him live, man.
Speaker 7: If he say he wants to date girls, he's trying to find a girl, take him out and you know, and you might have to, you know, kick it to a bunch of girls and bring him over.
Speaker 2: Invite him over. But other than that, leave alone, man.
Speaker 7: Let him figure it out on his own, because he might like man, but just don't want to tell y'all, even the.
Speaker 4: Slowly be they know how to do it. When they really really want it, they gonna go get it.
Speaker 3: That's how Justin is. Justin is socially awkward. You know what I'm saying, Justin is socially awkward. Tell he meet Kesha and you know when he meet Keisha. You know, him and Keisha got a connection from elementary school. You know, So him and Keisha just you know, in the vibing and they become a couple.
Speaker 5: That sounds like a drake.
Speaker 2: Man. I'm sorry, that's.
Speaker 12: Carolina.
Speaker 13: Everybody in the Nine Downs wake up with.
Speaker 7: Thank you, get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one O five one. If you need the vent, you can hit us up. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Ray right, ray yo, Charlomagne, yamfy, what up are we?
Speaker 11: Lies?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest? I got an indoor pool door pool. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Get on the phone right.
Speaker 16: Now, He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 3: We lie.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: C J from Florence, South Teller.
Speaker 2: C J was having to flow town. What's going on?
Speaker 14: Charlemagne?
Speaker 4: Heavy, hilarius, what's up baby? What's going on?
Speaker 18: Yes, hey, Jess, thanks for the show last year for my wife and birth that the time in Solat, no problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a great show.
Speaker 18: I hope, Charlamagne, I'm keeping you out of HR.
Speaker 2: Just don't need.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 18: Hey, I want to give my wife a shout out for her, but whose day forget her?
Speaker 3: Master this year the treasure congratulations, congratulations my.
Speaker 2: Beautiful wife Nicole Jones and.
Speaker 19: Taking my car today.
Speaker 2: All right, brother, Hey, I'm gonna.
Speaker 19: Be at the car show offico.
Speaker 7: That's right, Well, I see you there, brother, you got you bringing a car. You're just coming to just enjoy and chill.
Speaker 18: Bring a few bikes, hered, I got some mom crew calling put some big tires.
Speaker 2: All right, well, come on, bring the bikes. Can't wait to see you, all right, God, be alright, be blessed, all right, and don't forget My car show is July nineteenth and the seventy five seven.
Speaker 7: That's Hampton, Virginia, which is a hop skipping the jump from North Carolina or the d m V of Richmond. So if you're coming on up or you want to bring a car, it's email me your car dj m V Car Show at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Kids five and under the free. It's a family fund event. Can't wait to see you.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 9: Yo.
Speaker 5: You can bring mountain bikes to.
Speaker 7: No he made motorcycles. What he said, bike Davidson all right, you think you're mountain biking?
Speaker 5: That's too much. Bikes is crazy?
Speaker 2: Cycle? Yes, motorcycle? Hello? Who's this date?
Speaker 17: Jones from Philly?
Speaker 2: What's up? Jones from Philly? What's happening? Hey?
Speaker 17: Hey, Charlotte day, Look just on Charloe n listen right? As a hypocritasy or how are you saying right? With the Central Park five. It's Sirry Lanes. Because when a guy that confessed, you know, he said, uh, he did that, he did this stuff to the jogger. What's the difference of introducing his his new testimony and then bodyguards? You said the bodyguard he should have said that on the trout.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's a huge difference because you actually have the person who committed the crime confessing. Now, if the girl Kelsey came out and said, hey, I committed the crime, then it would be an equivalence.
Speaker 6: This is what you're doing, is the equivalence?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 17: Yeah, okay, right, okay, I agree with that. So what about right what you said, Well, he's been judged by jury of his parents, so it said be be trialed. That's like Trump saying the same thing Gavege by drinking the peers. Why would we go at it again.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that based off the due process and all the evidence that was presented. The simple question I asked was, if Tory Lanez and his attorneys knew all of that evidence was against Tory, why wouldn't he simply say, hey, Kelsey shot Meg? And why would Meg? What reason would Meg have the same Kelsey didn't shoot her. I mean that Kelsey shot.
Speaker 17: Because you know it's about girl feminists.
Speaker 12: And girl power.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't. I don't believe that.
Speaker 17: Hey, y'all, but I love all of y'all. Man, Lauren, she's doing a good job at the trial.
Speaker 12: Jess's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 12: I love y'all.
Speaker 3: P Yeah, Yes, have a good one, brother, Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five. We are we are the only society that will ignore evidence just for he said. She said, it's the weirdest thing to.
Speaker 4: Me and.
Speaker 20: Wouldn't be hearsay. That's because he's overhearing the conversation. Clarify.
Speaker 21: I've been asking some people. They ain't answer me yet.
Speaker 2: But that's all it is.
Speaker 6: The bodyguard said he overheard her say these things.
Speaker 3: So he said, but you ignore all the evidence that was in court that took for years in weeks process, but you can believe the bodyguard.
Speaker 2: You can still use that as evidence.
Speaker 7: But the court is over, so you would have to go through so many procedures to even get back to that position of pelic courts and all that.
Speaker 2: But people think it's gonna be He's gonna be out tomorrow. Right, But you understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I understand you don't ignore evidence that took years and weeks of due process, that people actually investigating and jurors took time to go through.
Speaker 6: But one bodyguard says, well, I heard, and now that's who you are.
Speaker 22: That's so that social media detectives are breaking it down from people.
Speaker 2: People believe it.
Speaker 3: There's no facts. This is what they believe in, and they be talking like they know facts. It happens all day long on.
Speaker 6: This day, and I wasn't this. I mean, listen, I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: I'm just simply saying, why would you ignore the courts and all the evidence as opposed to you?
Speaker 6: Why would you believe this one bodyguard who just overheard something?
Speaker 2: I agree? Do you just need facts? And speaking of facts, you was at the trial yesterday.
Speaker 20: Yeah, and a lot of facts are getting misconstrued or something because the prosecution had Cassie looking crazy yesterday.
Speaker 2: I called you yesterday.
Speaker 21: I didn't even I think, so I didn't get you yesterday. It wasn't the fence that she was speaking to. But I feel like the prosecution did not. They didn't.
Speaker 20: I don't know for that to be the start witness. They ain't sent her up the right way, and they didn't proper.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 21: It was like there was things, Yeah, well we'll come back in and there's a lot y'all overdose.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Could Cassie be charged because the way that they breaking it down, it seems like she was part of.
Speaker 6: The seems like she was.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 21: So it wasn't here we were talking about it because I said that.
Speaker 20: I said, I feel like if she wasn't testifying for them, she would be sitting right where buff is that right now?
Speaker 7: But let's talk about it when we come back on Yesterday, we got the latest Laura. When we come back, it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the breakfast Club, Good morning. Everybody's DJ n V Jess Hilary, Shall I mean the guy? We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Now, we're about to get to the young lady who yesterday was wearing high heels, stepped.
Speaker 3: Over people with videotaping all that the goddamn sal Let's.
Speaker 2: Get to the latest Laura.
Speaker 6: Lan be coming a straight fast.
Speaker 2: She gets them from somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 21: I'm the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything, and she'd be having.
Speaker 2: The latest on you, the latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: It's the latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 20: So yesterday in court was Cassie's first day of cross examination. So that's where Puff's team gets to ask her questions about her testimony and just different things that they want the jewelry to be. We're to hear, right, I don't know what the prosecutors are doing.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 20: They did such a good job the day before of laying out, you know, what they had and establishing why their charges make sense, even though I don't think that it's as like gut wrenching as they've made it scene from all the indictments and stuff like that. But y'all the way that Cassie was looking on next thing yesterday. First of all, they debunked so many different things, just speaking to her credibility, right, like not getting into like the forest and all that yet right, just speaking to her credibility. Y'all know, on the stand the day before she told that story about Shooe Knight and Puff in de Rock allegedly grabbing guns and going to run into Shooe Knight at Mels Diner, and he left from a free go off to do that, according her according to her right, so according to the defense team and the interview that Cassie did with the prosecutors before she got on the stand, like in the beginning of the investigations, that story was completely not true that she said on the stand of the day before that.
Speaker 2: So they they debunk that.
Speaker 20: So they basically asked her, they said, hey, you remember yesterday you testified that you stayed in your home and you were upset and a puff had alleged left from a freak off and blah blah blah.
Speaker 21: They went down what she said.
Speaker 20: Then she was like yeah, and they said, well, do you remember they ran down the date, the date that you spoke to the prosecute and you told them that you were forced to get into a car. You were crying, you were upset, but you didn't have a choice, according to you, right, like, you were like basically forced getting this car to go with them to run into ship night. And she was like, I never said that, and they said, okay, well, we have the transcript from your interview with the prosecutors right here.
Speaker 21: She looks at it. She pauses for a moment.
Speaker 20: She said, I don't know why this would say that, because I've always said that I didn't go And I'm like, but it's a it's an interview you did with prosecutors, so it looks crazy, and they were just there was so many moments like that where.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you shouldn't try to remember nothing when you was on drugs.
Speaker 20: Right on drugs, now, let me talk about that, because I thought about that too, Like you know, she said a lot yesterday and the day before that about how much they were using drugs, So some things may be a little hazy for her.
Speaker 21: She couldn't remember some of the escorts and names that they knew that she had slept with.
Speaker 4: Right, So, no, she.
Speaker 20: Remembered a lot of them because because they were using they were using a lot of them for a long period of time and taking them to different states. But drug use, so there was a time in twenty seventeen where things were like super super hazy, right, And she on the stand said, I really don't remember much from this time because there was something I said they were talking to her about, and she it was just all over the place, and she wasn't sounding like she was telling the truth. So they're talking to her about the drug use, and the day before, remember I told you guys, they were asking her about the drug use and asking her how she would resupply on drugs, like who gave her the drug dealer's contacts and stuff like that, and she said did he? And when she said that, I watched did he in court look at her like, girl, what yesterday?
Speaker 4: On the stand?
Speaker 20: They said, okay, so let's talk about your drug use, right, because is it or is it not true that you know, both of you guys were using drugs, but like Diddy was still able to run multiple businesses and like ran down a list of everything he was doing.
Speaker 21: He was more functioning.
Speaker 20: And she was like, yeah, I mean you could say that, And then they go into having a conversation about the fact that at one point in time, Puff was calling drug dealers and telling them to stop serving Cassie because she was so bad off, Like she was worse off on drugs he was, And Cassie admitted that that was happening the day before that, though they painted it as if she was like lost in this whole like drug abuse thing that was caused inspiraled out by Puff yesterday. The conversation was, no, you were making choices on your own, to the point where he was even having an intervene with some of her friends because he didn't like how much drug she was doing. He was trying to like protect the way that they were doing, like they were doing their things right, but he was trying to make sure that it was from with their legend that it was a lot more safe.
Speaker 21: And she didn't push back on her thought.
Speaker 6: I thought they were saying I thought I thought did. The's team was saying that did.
Speaker 3: He was also on drugs really bad way, and they were trying to say that's why he didn't remember putting hands on him.
Speaker 21: He indeed yes.
Speaker 20: So look they never And this is why I'm saying the prosecution left their star witness out there looking crazy because d D's team has never ran from any of that they have talked about his drug use. Yesterday, it did come up in court that he overdosed at this around the time that Whitney Houston passed away.
Speaker 2: Right, But he rushed to the hospital when he overdose.
Speaker 21: Yeah, they said that they took him to the hospital.
Speaker 20: It was like a whole thing they didn't go into a lot detail about it, and I have been trying to get more information on that because for a lot of us in the courtroom, we were like, wait, what how did this happen?
Speaker 21: How did he overdose? And the world never knew? But that's how bad their drug use was.
Speaker 20: But he was always able to like keep himself together and not like fall off, and able to like try and like go through like withdraws and stuff to get off of it. She was having a bit of a harder time for what it seemed like, to the point where he was encouraging her to go to rehab, and she admitted she did go to like a wellness spa and things of that nature. But I think the reason why I brought that up is because Puffs teen did try and use that as a defense, right, and she tried to do that as well. But the way that everything is coming out now, it's really seeming like, Okay, what we saw happen to her in that video and the other things that I know happened to her because we've seen photos of the bruises and things like that, right, is not okay. But the way that they were able to almost humanize, like Okay, he had a lot of drugs in him too. If we're going to give her a pass for you know, being drugged up and you know, not being able to make her own decison, we should have that conversation about him too.
Speaker 21: Is what they were able to accomplish yesterday, and you trying to do it.
Speaker 6: Was what I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: Learn you got eight weeks, You're gonna go crazy because every day when the prosecution is on, prosecution is gonna say things that makes When the defense is on, the defense team is gonna make it that makes sense.
Speaker 6: You will be playing hop scotch like, oh look at this.
Speaker 21: I am like, I'm like if I was a drawer, I would be so stressed.
Speaker 7: I should really do a booking documentary after this, because your day every day. Next question, I was going to ask, could Cassie be charged? Will they cat? Will they charge Cassie? Because from what you're telling us, it was like baby girl was the number two, She was number two, and she was said she was the free colls and she allegedly supplied some of the drugs. That's what it seems like they're saying. So could she be charged?
Speaker 20: Well, I had asked some questions about that yesterday to a source who told me that they had heard that there were some conversations about immunity, which would only make sense.
Speaker 21: But they can't. They can't one hundred percent confirm it. But I'll have that by Monday.
Speaker 2: I got so many questions.
Speaker 21: You gotta go, we gotta go, we gotta go. We can come bring bring it back people.
Speaker 2: Ud He's called what happened with Michael B.
Speaker 21: Jordan's tell us we got somewhere for the next hour.
Speaker 5: Jesus people, what Jane Jackson birthday?
Speaker 11: Though, so.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday to the legend.
Speaker 3: Don't want you mentioned, not right now. You can mention me anytime in a minute. You mention me right now, so close to this s you don't have to do that.
Speaker 2: Who on your shirt's way back up?
Speaker 6: Let me see your shirt cut on your shirt that looked like victim number seven?
Speaker 2: That was like a drug supply. Differently, this is.
Speaker 4: This is the picture that sneak posted.
Speaker 2: What's that on your head?
Speaker 23: Hi?
Speaker 2: What's that on your head? On my head? What's that?
Speaker 5: It's my ponytail? Ponytail. Don't want to come a long way.
Speaker 6: I want that in a lodge. You better have that in here next week to flip my ends.
Speaker 2: Lario.
Speaker 7: All right, now, when we come back, MEMI will be joining us. We got front page news. It don't go anywhere. It's to the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, wake up, you're like into the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: Warning everybody, it's dj V just hilarious, Charlamagne God, we are to breakfast club. Let's get back in some front page news again. The Nuggets weet the OKC one nineteen one oh seven day tied to Serveries three to three.
Speaker 2: And yes, my.
Speaker 7: Knicks played tonight, so hopefully we could finish off these Celtics at home.
Speaker 2: What's up to me?
Speaker 4: What's up y'all?
Speaker 8: All right, so let's jump back into this. Robert F.
Speaker 9: Kennedy Junior, the man tapped by Trump and House Republicans to lead the country's top public health agencies. He testified before Congress this week, and he made one thing clear that he doesn't think Americans should take medical advice from him. At a House Appropriations Committee hearing earlier this week, Kennedy was there to explain why he wants to slash the budgets for major health agencies like the CDC, the NIH, and the FDA. But things took a turn when lawmakers asked him a simple question about vaccines, whether he would vaccinate his own kids against measles.
Speaker 8: Let's listen to what he had to say for measles.
Speaker 24: Probably for measles. You know what I would say is my opinions about vaccines are irrelevant. You know, I don't want to be will seem like I'm being evasive, Yeah, but I don't think people should be taking advice medical advice.
Speaker 4: Me right now, I got that, and I'm not asking you to give them because.
Speaker 2: I said, would you vaccinate your child.
Speaker 5: For the music?
Speaker 24: Answer that question directly that it will seem like I'm giving advice to other people, and I don't want to be doing that.
Speaker 5: I want people to make But that's kind of your jurisdiction because ce thes.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's an honest answer, because he's not a doctor. Like you don't have to be a doctor to be the US Secretary of Health and the Human serv.
Speaker 2: No, you don't.
Speaker 3: When if somebody asks you a question, will you dy just want your opinion, Like somebody says, do you give your kids whatever?
Speaker 9: Yes, especially though because he's telling other people to take vitamins. Right, But he's getting his kids the vaccination. So you know, that's that's what the big problem is.
Speaker 6: He never answered the question.
Speaker 8: He never answered the question.
Speaker 9: He also dodged the question about whether or not he should if you should give your kids like a chicken pox and all those other vaccines. So, but this is coming as the US is facing the worst measles outbreak in years, and then he went on to claim that the CDC is doing better than any other country at handling it, which is very very questionable.
Speaker 8: And so moving right along.
Speaker 9: So, if your Walmart shopper get ready, prices on some everyday items are about to go up this month. The company says they are feeling the squeeze from the rising tariffs on imported goods like electronics, toys, strollers, and even some food items, and they cannot absorb all the extra costs, so they're going to pass that on.
Speaker 4: To the consumer.
Speaker 9: The tariffs there course, part of Trump's trade policies, which products from countries like China, Costa Rica, and Peru. Now, even though some of the terriffs have been lowered, the remaining ones are still pushing up the cost of goods, and that means higher prices for you at the checkout now. Walmart says the biggest price change will hit late May and into June, though items again strollers, mattresses, toys mostly made.
Speaker 8: Overseas, those will likely cost more.
Speaker 9: The retail giant said is doing everything to keep prices low, especially on groceries, but the trade wars hitting the retail industry very very hard.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, thank you and me. Now you also have a podcast that you're doing. Correct, correct, So it's Padina with Love. Now break down this podcast and what made you want to do this podcast.
Speaker 9: So to Altadena with Love is like my love letter to the community of Altadena, which is right next to Pasadena. Most people have heard of Pasadena, but not a lot of people had heard of Altadena, which is literally right next to Pasadena. And the community of Altadena is a historic or was a historic black neighborhood that was burned in the Eaten Fire. When you know, in January, when California was on fire, I went there as a journalist just to cover the story. And when I got there, I realized the devastation of the area. And what I realized was everyone looked like me.
Speaker 4: And these were.
Speaker 9: A lot of older black family that lived in multi generational families that lost everything. And then when I started doing more research, I realized that this this this town existed because a lot of these families had had moved there in the nineteen sixties and fifties and they were redlined there and they lost not only just their homes but their community.
Speaker 8: And when you talk to them, you talk to them, you find out that it was just more than it was more than a structure, right, it was.
Speaker 9: It was a thriving, everyday community that was no longer there, and everybody, no matter what though when they lost everything, they were looking out for each other.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 9: They were not worried about like how am I going to survive? They were like, you know what, We've got to take care of our elderly and we've got to make sure that this community comes back the way that it once was. So for me, I wanted to document that. I wanted to talk to all the people as much as many as people that I could, to talk to them and find out what this community truly means and how we can share this information with the masses.
Speaker 6: Its slow because it was a black community, Like.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, it's funny you say that because in episode I did a bonus episode. So in episode six, I talked to a council member and he says, it's funny because when Trump visited California doing the wildfires, he went to go see Malibu and he went to go see the policies.
Speaker 8: He did not come to Altadena.
Speaker 9: And so you know, it's like the rhetoric behind Altadena was that it's it's a historic black neighborhood, and somehow it was skipped over.
Speaker 4: It wasn't it.
Speaker 8: He didn't come see it. But the recovery process is.
Speaker 9: Underway, but there's still a lot of like insurance things and the insurance.
Speaker 2: Company not covering it's too expensive.
Speaker 7: People didn't have insurance laps insurance insurance that covers certain particular.
Speaker 9: Fire and and what you have to remember is like I spoke to someone in episode two whose house he paid thirty three thousand dollars for his house. His house is worth two point one million dollars now. And so you when you buy your house for that much and it's now when you need the insurance money doesn't cover that much. And so now you're stuff trying to figure out how to how to pay for that.
Speaker 2: They only want to give them thirty three thousand. They don't want to give them the house.
Speaker 9: I want to give them probably about five hundred thousand, But the house was worth two point one million dollars, So what do you do? You know?
Speaker 8: But I just, you know, in this series, I wanted to humanize this community. It was really just a labor of love.
Speaker 9: I wanted the world to understand what this community is going through, and I wanted the world to understand that Altadena is you know, uh, it was one of It was California's.
Speaker 8: First black community.
Speaker 9: People think South Central or Baldwin Hills, but it was California's first black middle class neighborhood.
Speaker 6: It's crazy when you see stuff like that, it makes you want the was it a coincidence?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like when you see them, you know, wipe out a whole community and then you know, want to build high rises and make it hard for the people who lived in that community to come back, You just wonder, what are the coincidence?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 9: And it's funny you said that too, Charlotte, because in episode three we talked about the disparities of when the alarm systems went out. If you west South Adina was where the black people were redlined to East South Adina's where the white people lived. When you look at the disparities that neighborhood. West South Adina they didn't get the notifications until three thirty in the morning.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 9: But the East Side they got them at seven thirty pm and enough time to prepare.
Speaker 8: I talked to a lady who said at four forty five am she was she woke up walking through flames trying to get out of her home.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 9: And she said she only she could only muster up the strength because she didn't want her eighty seven year old father to find her in the home. You know, but the alarms, the systems, it can't go off, and so you know, there's a there's a lot of there's a lot of investigation that still needs.
Speaker 2: To go on. Now, how can you hear more about your podcast and really dive into it?
Speaker 8: Absolutely?
Speaker 9: You can go to to Altadena with Love dot com for more information. You can download it wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 8: And please just listen to it.
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 8: It is storytelling at its finest. It's not in my words.
Speaker 9: These are the community, these are these are their stories. They're telling their stories. It's I introduced some you know, a little bit of educational impact before it. But then they come in and they tell you their stories in their own words of what happened. So it is, as I say, the art of storytelling. It takes you there, It brings you right into that moment, what they were feeling, how they remember their community and what what happened that night to them.
Speaker 6: Memi Brown give me Instagram and Twitter and all of that.
Speaker 9: Guest, yes, my Instagram, Mimi Brown TV at all socials.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you met me so much. And listen.
Speaker 3: You know, today's Friday. So it's the People's Donkey five one oh five. If you want to give somebody donkey today, call up now. It is the floor is yours, that's right.
Speaker 7: And also the cast of the Wire will be joining us next Poop Body we Babe Slim Charles that we'll be talking to the next it's the twenty three anniversary, twenty third anniversary of the Wire and.
Speaker 6: We'll kick it with them in a little bit. It's the Breakfast Club in Morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne, the Gud. We are the Breakfast Club. We got some special guests in the building. Yes, indeed we got the cast of the wire.
Speaker 2: Will see of them. Guess I'm gonna say stay's names, you say their real names. Alright, alright, it got poop.
Speaker 4: It's Trey Oh, trade change, I guess, okay, trade change. J D Williams, Yes, yes, Son Johnson one. Oh, you're wanted me to get that because you wanted me to mess it up.
Speaker 21: You know what I'm saying, he was saying.
Speaker 2: But it's on one and one.
Speaker 3: Welcome fellas your feeling little twenty three years morning number mery. What does that mean to you when y'all hear that? It's crazy to me because I always tell people, see this the first time in the minute we've been together and be doing an interview. But I always say when I get interview, I don't care what none of y'all say. We didn't know what we was doing, yeah, shooting them all were trying to see was whose cold time was the next morning so we could go and get something to drink, hang.
Speaker 2: Out for the I was going to continue. It's from ID, so I knew we had something special. I had picked that up. I had picked that up.
Speaker 3: It was the first time like, I'm looking at people that's coming up that I was watching they work the same way they was watching my work and I did odys. Everybody was already kind of famous already, you know what I'm saying, But when we got here that made us and I saw.
Speaker 2: I saw that work coming down. But I think the thing with me, nobody don't know.
Speaker 3: The Wire was my first job as an actor, so that was my first time I ever auditioned for a role, first job.
Speaker 2: So just being around these guys.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yo, I remember asking JD a whole bunch of questions, Bro, what is what is the trailer?
Speaker 2: You know, Harris telling me to do like rehearsal.
Speaker 3: I'm like, all right, But you know, like I said, it may be here twenty three years later and still just getting to it. You know, everybody healthy, living and breathing, you know what I'm saying. I mean, it's just it's people finding new every day. Somebody find the show a day, so it don't really need.
Speaker 2: More popular now some years later than it was, y'all. None of y'all knew it was going to be a cultural staple. And nah, no, feel like I ain't know that he.
Speaker 16: Sent you know when you're moving around anywhere in the world, or they know you, you know what I mean, Like somebody might just stop and say, man, run them lines real quick. You they quote your lines, you know what I mean. So it's like, yeah, you know, but it's like the study part of it. Like when I first came on set, try to tell you we was right there. We was an interesting trailer and we was running lines and just like what else you've been on. I was like, this is my first time out right. It was like the first time aware I say, first time on the block. So we were shooting in the funeral home in Baltimore, like broad Daylight funeral home, and we was there. A lot of people don't know the twelve hours twelve hours hot days turn around, you turn around. So we out there, we busting it and we ran the lines. We were out there, it was raining, we take brush for lunch. It was just a family and we still family to today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, Now I want to talk from the beginning the wire.
Speaker 7: So when you got the call to do the wire, break that down, when you first read the script and how did y'all know that y'all wanted to do it?
Speaker 3: So they I initially auditioned for we Bas initially, and I remember going in there with Pat Moran out there in Baltimore and she like, YO, quote this monologue. So two weeks later I get a call she said, we got some bad and good news. She said, the bad news is you didn't get the characters. We may but you was cast for the character Poop. And I was only supposed to be in the first two episodes in the first season, and then spoiler alert, you end up getting Poop all five seasons last man standing, you know what I'm saying. So I was just happy, you know, getting that script. And throughout the years, throughout the seasons, it never said I was getting killed, you know, because you think with the wires, you never knew it was getting off. They didn't tell you before. They were just you get the script and you read that's like when Snoop shot at me. You know what I'm saying, They like, Poop falls to the ground, he's bleeding.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, this is it. And then I went up take this and raise trade. You just said that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if y'all remember or not. The why almost ain't even take off.
Speaker 2: Your becuz we auditioned before nine to eleven.
Speaker 11: Nine eleven Right.
Speaker 2: Was shut down for three weeks.
Speaker 3: But the thing is the callbacks was after they opened the city back of Alexa Forward started.
Speaker 2: Throwing us back.
Speaker 3: I forgot all about it. So when I went in, I auditioned for D'Angelo. Oh wow, brother, see down there it was open because Baltimore was opening.
Speaker 16: So actually when I auditioned, I auditioned for Marlo Stanfield. I'm auditioned for Marlow and then when I got the call they called me back. I was actually coming back from Houston with Steve Francis and I got the call.
Speaker 2: Pet was like, hey, baby, you out, and she getting it. She was like, you just laying to snip Charles or HBO and that was it. We've been moving character one slim. She told me.
Speaker 3: She told me I was gonna be body like I said, I wanted to. I wanted to audition for D'Angelo because I was like, I just came from playing.
Speaker 2: A tough guy for gonna make me worse than I was already.
Speaker 3: And then she was like, no, this year part, read this part, just go and do your job. I went in, came out, and they built under characters.
Speaker 2: So much. I didn't know where it was gonna go, but I'm glad. I think we were.
Speaker 3: David Simon leaned over the claw and said he leaned over the clock and said, we bay.
Speaker 2: And I was so hot because I was tearing up. I was in the zone I want to. I caught myself like, yo, hold on, relaxed. But you know, when you're in the room, that's your moment. Take it.
Speaker 3: You can go off in there. You go off as long as it taking. Or so they threw me off, but I caught it. But that's where they were saying, like what it is that.
Speaker 2: You're that guy?
Speaker 3: But you gotta get in character though, because like that was my first audition. So when I read for Marlow, they was like, you know, come man, you don't hear about nothing hoody.
Speaker 2: First I do my hoodie.
Speaker 16: And I went in there and read for it, and I was like, you know, you know, it was like, what's your name? I said, Marlow? She said, what's your name? I said Marlow? She said, I said, I thought you understand.
Speaker 2: Roots like that.
Speaker 4: You know, the script was improv though, how much did y'all imprime? Did y'all go off script? Because none of its lots.
Speaker 2: But that's how ill it was. It was all on the paper. They would let me get away. He would let me get away with a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: But I would test it out first, like I would use it on one take and then if they don't like it, they just say, don't do that.
Speaker 2: But then most of the time they said say that again, do that.
Speaker 3: A lot of times I used to like that, and that was because also with the dynamic that my group, my crew had, we had this fill up kind of space, you know what I'm saying. We got Andre Royo, you got us having this, we got the young boy. So it was always something in it. But but most of the time, like you said, especially because we had to figure out that be more dialect a lot of times, how was that?
Speaker 2: That was hard?
Speaker 16: It I'm saying it's it's hard for like New Yorkers to get the action. But I'm from DC's like the cheer, the doug you know, you know what, Baltimore will pull your neck out if they know you faking it. You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't drag it too long with it. You just gotta do it.
Speaker 16: Like like even with New York, like when I did the Deuce, I had to learn dialogue, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We shot that.
Speaker 16: We shot that in Brooklyn and then we went to Silver Cup the Queens, so I shot that whole show.
Speaker 2: We was back there.
Speaker 16: We did it, and it's just like you got to sit outside of New York to smell it to know what the New York could go through. To fill it, you gotta get in that into that character. So it's like, damn, it's right here. We hear when to get stuck with that accent.
Speaker 2: I think that depends on the era of New York, like Super New York. We're still kicking it with the cast of the Wires. So what was it like filming in Baltimore? It was fun. That was fun. Yeah, shout out.
Speaker 3: Then it's like they got they got the food coming off.
Speaker 16: Meth was getting his head braided outside. It was just like they open you up, but when you're messing that money up, they'll let you know. Man, y'all, y'all got going to block y'all. Yeah, like really they was like really.
Speaker 3: Sure, we want to shut down for a little ten minutes. But yeah, they wasn't packing up though they weren't.
Speaker 2: A quick rainstorm about the rat all of our food. Hold on, let me say this one come out.
Speaker 16: We were not saying they eat all our food. We were shooting the scene. It was like maybe five below out and be more and we took a break. It was me bangor Militia, a couple of other people and they ordered pizza bro They had like ten pieces on it.
Speaker 2: It was like the piz This mean jumped up on the table, knocked the pizza that everybody broke, and they just came.
Speaker 16: God jumped jumped on the jot, knocked the whole boxes off, and then everybody just bumped big joints, first, big bend. He jumped up and knocked everything down.
Speaker 2: Big yeah.
Speaker 3: Scene with the with the shootout when I shot might know when he shoot me. Here's a rat running across in the back.
Speaker 2: He did that in the episode like this looking like dogs.
Speaker 7: Did y'all did y'all did y'all recognize the greatness and interests back then?
Speaker 2: Did y'all see where it could go? Or with something like yeah, because it was funny. I met him.
Speaker 3: It's just talking regular with a with a regular action time and got on the phone with the mother and.
Speaker 2: I stopped looking down the block.
Speaker 3: He just started talking that that chatting started that London and I stopped walking.
Speaker 2: He looked back like what like like the or something he was practicing on us. But I knew it right there, Like one of the one things.
Speaker 3: It was a scene where we did me and him sitting the cars, the scene where my character does this with my waist, and we were sitting in that car for a couple of hours and we was just talking and I remember us getting to the point I was like, yo, because he wanted to have this magazine in the car that I ain't gonna get too deep about it, and they told him not to have it because who was on it? Right, So he was like, I'm going after this anyway. Anyway, we're gonna be that alone.
Speaker 2: So anyway we're in a.
Speaker 3: Car and I'm like, you know, when you leave here, you're gonna be that guy. Like he's like, well, I think a couple of us gonna do it. I'm like yeah, but like you kind of like right under Denzel looking like.
Speaker 2: Looking like you about to go to him looking he said.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 2: It was crazy because when it was time for his character that you know, to happen, he didn't want that. He was mad because we was filming. We filmed that whole morning. Yo.
Speaker 22: Yeah, was like he was Cloud was mad yea, so he had no idea he was Pistol found out you got.
Speaker 2: The trip because look, we used to film.
Speaker 3: They do the tandems now, so they do these blocks where you could shoot two or three episodes. We really shot the two week episodes and we started on a Monday, and we wrapped the next week Thursday, and then it was a rehearsal Friday and back an it on Monday.
Speaker 11: Ye. Thirteen times.
Speaker 2: They're gonna change something. They're changing within that what.
Speaker 11: The thing is.
Speaker 3: Look when we wrapped on the episode, your new scripts and your trailer, the new strip right in your trailer right there.
Speaker 2: Look, everybody started catching on doing this.
Speaker 11: Ye going out tonight, somebody always.
Speaker 2: Was like enough you know you know whoever getting killed that opening that door like that, it was Michael. Oh that's what you taking you out tonight? Drinks on up, just treat you all afterwards? Did he ever like himself from you all that reach him?
Speaker 16: Everybody is always reachable, bro. Yeah, we have family that's just like the plate. Just get kind of thick and you gotta work like we always talk.
Speaker 3: We talked interesting interested the intro for my documentary under Notable, the trade Chainey story which all of us are a part of, and reaching out to him.
Speaker 6: It wasn't it wasn't hard to you know, reach out to him started together.
Speaker 2: You know he cross him doing that. You know what I'm saying, It really was. It was a good look for me. Was a young kid at the time. Yea boy, and I was talking with him and seeing his success.
Speaker 3: Well for me, I mean me, Him and j D always was together on set, even my separate scenes that I had with Michael B.
Speaker 11: Jordan.
Speaker 2: It was, you know, he was special. You know what I'm saying. You knew early, Yeah, the trailer with him, and they had too many these scenes with him. But I used to kick it with his mother. I love how family oriented he was. Bro, Mom, Duke, I love you.
Speaker 3: Yes, he got him to get yeah, and it was it was good money because he said he had a lot of big brothers to watch out for him and what he was doing. Like the way me and him, like he used to come come out with me all the time. She used to let him come out with me. I took him to Vegas, went the Magic you.
Speaker 2: Know, all the little places and so we was always around, but.
Speaker 3: We all got together and he came up with the right mindset and so he was like set up pretty good from getting But when we did this, when we did the scene, we.
Speaker 2: Took's gonna never work again. Yeah, he said that. I was saying.
Speaker 3: Again he felt at that time to heat it man right now, yeah, because he was messed up behind that one season.
Speaker 2: He did one I think, and they smoked them in episode twelve, right yeah, and Saturday we gave we huged them up.
Speaker 3: Somebody was saying, look, man, after this episode go off, they're gonna be looking for your name and and nobody never gonna forget you.
Speaker 2: They always gonna be looking for you.
Speaker 3: Do you think the Wire could be made today in like the same raw way? You don't have to be sensited death.
Speaker 2: Now because it wasn't an HD but you know.
Speaker 11: Raw.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, that too, another city made, not the why not Baltimore game? I think it would have to be a whole nother city.
Speaker 4: I don't even think they'll let them be like they was.
Speaker 2: It was original, it was it was too authentic that it was.
Speaker 14: You saw.
Speaker 2: And reboot to the Wire, what's what's your opinion on that? Bing off the reboots? But that's when you had said something else, a man, where would you start envy? Where would you pick it up at Michael?
Speaker 3: Not here, which I'm sure would be a real center stupid residents pi k Right, that's who you would definitely have to have, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lands Gone, there's so many people, right, what would you about brothers?
Speaker 4: Even if you try to pick up off with it left off with with with Matt, right with Trista where he killed Snoop.
Speaker 2: He was supposed to.
Speaker 3: Be like follow him or you could follow Marlow whever he gonna hide out right, Yeah, because Marlow got out, I bought I bought the connect at the end from Marlow.
Speaker 16: But it was crazy because the whole part was when prop Joe, you know, when meth he did that and I killed le kill Cheese. Everything was flipping around because we had the co op. We were sitting there. It was all us at first, body on us with just stop spinning off people.
Speaker 3: Just even my character, the character arc from going on the streets and foot I ended up working at foot Logs.
Speaker 2: So it's like character different, take somebody and move into another city.
Speaker 7: Yeah, coming north Bridge City. We're still kicking it with the cast of the Wires. Now, I gotta ask about this meme right here, we bade this mean.
Speaker 14: This mean.
Speaker 2: I didn't use that U right because nobody understood it. Nobody understood it.
Speaker 3: But then it started catching on, especially with the younger kids. Hold on, I get my uncle on with the show to educate them to where that they would be like, that's you from the mean, but they don't know where it's from, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I like, what is this dopest show in the world, not because I was on.
Speaker 3: It, but because it's dope back and then check it out. It made it timeless. The memes just made everything timeless. Yeah, man, it don't get oh it don't get old, don't get don't camp front that y'all mentioned.
Speaker 6: How did how did the loss with Michael K. Williams impact?
Speaker 22: Though?
Speaker 2: I was mad? So remember when I was on the balcony in l A. They were we was on the.
Speaker 16: Phone FaceTime talk JD Tray Mike and I had just talked to Mike twod before that because he was like some people was looking for me for a role and he was like, bro, we down here.
Speaker 2: You gotta get down here, get out of that city, come down. I was like, Wow. Then he wanted He called me about another piece that they was trying to get me to work on, THEO my band back Yard d C.
Speaker 16: So after that I talked to Trey and we was talking and then I had just talked to him and Snoop and but that don't crushed me.
Speaker 2: He crushed me because that was always say Michael K. Williams.
Speaker 3: He wasn't he doing Michael kay Williams wasn't an industry person he was. He was more so like, bro, how's your mom, dad, your wife, your kids?
Speaker 2: Like he was that. I was trying to say, the man and talking to him before did he passed? It was just like you say what I'm saying. You said.
Speaker 3: They climbed well like the people that served him, in fact, because they knew what they was doing, they knew who Mike was, and it was all out of bounds and anybody with a heart. That's why when they did catch up caught up with them, I didn't feel bad at all. Throw them under the jazz feel No hustlers gotta feed their family. But y'all slim my, bro, I want to ask you how hard was it the breakout of your wide characters when it came time to audition for other roles. Man, I'm gonna tell y'all, man, the wire ended in two thousand and eight. I didn't work again what they would consider mainstream into twenty fifteen when I booked Saints and Centers, which was a six season show, a job, but being you know what they call typecast or whatever. All right, I'm going into rooms with the cast and directors, with the directors, producers, but with me, not like booking certain jobs or whatever. I just started creating my own you know what I'm saying. So when I started changing Vision Entertainment my company, I'm partnering up with cash like food with the camera shout out to my brother.
Speaker 2: I'm producing my own films.
Speaker 3: It lives Levin Larsty, I'm partnering up with people like Anthony Clark, Danger Freeman, and we're just doing a whole bunch of like my own independent projects, which is really you know what got me to the place of booking what they considered mainstream. We own this city being f because I stood on the streets of Washington, d C. From twenty ten to twenty fifteen selling all of my independent films off the trunk of my car. That was something that most celebrities wouldn't dare do, you know. So it's people walking up like, man, you.
Speaker 2: Put from the wire, what you doing out here? I'm like, bruh, the wire was the wire and learned and I learned a lie.
Speaker 3: But if we're going to sit up here and consider myself a working actor, yeah, yeah, I'm out here. I'm out here taking it back to the street. I'm pumping my own website chaineywait dot com. And then that led to my man, George Pierre, who was casting for Saintsan Senters. You're like, yeah, shout out George Pierre, man passing me for Saintan Sentence, the Kishiko biopic BNF, Like that's that's our brother out there in Atlanta. But he called me one day like, yo, I heard what you're doing in the streets, man, Like you you pumped your own merch and your own movies off the trunk of your car. And I'm like, yeah, man, I mean but just the way that I'm getting in And I was like creating, like really developing my fan base because people seeing like a celebrity out on the street just getting to it. You know, it just helped me in so many ways. And now Envy, it's a road. It's a road that I need to manifest. Listen to this thirteen years in the projects. My mentality is, what kid, you talk a good one, but you don't want it?
Speaker 2: Sometimes I want to you want it for sometime? What you want? You and J gonna do.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 3: It gave me his blessing me and haven't been talking for two and a half years, and you know, the press is running with the TMZ and.
Speaker 2: And like right now, bro, definitely like we've been talking.
Speaker 3: And my thing is this like just studying everything, like because the project would have to be about what made them speak like this. Even if we all got an idea of why they recorded these records or while they were speaking like that, it got it. It has to be the backstory, the mindset of why these nineteen year old brothers were we're doing it. Have you read Prodigy My Infamous Life? No, I'm glad that should be a movie.
Speaker 2: I got a chance to have lunch with Lunch and dinner with Prodigy a couple of times, and I was in a whole bunch and I was in a whole bunch of videos. I know how Prodigy is and I got a chance to kick it with him. He was a good dude, real good. That's a lot of respect if that comes around, that comes around, I want.
Speaker 3: To take you and like I said, man, I'm well prepared, but I'm gonna bring this into fruish man.
Speaker 6: That's why you got to read My infamous life.
Speaker 3: Tell you.
Speaker 2: Now, you gotta get that.
Speaker 11: That's that's the move.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's more the more Prodigy, but you can't tell us. He don't tell his story without having of course, my last question, what do people still misunderstand about The Wire even after all these years.
Speaker 2: That's telling me that that is not a black show. That's what you know.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I think people. Yes, that's it's an American show. It's about America.
Speaker 2: It just so happened. Were telling the stories of mostly black people, but it got layers.
Speaker 3: It's about how the street affects the police, the police affect the politicians, politicians affect street education.
Speaker 2: So that's what it's about.
Speaker 16: Yeah, coming in, Yeah, that that show you that The Wires taught.
Speaker 2: You everything about what you need to know about life.
Speaker 4: And also you ain't your brain right?
Speaker 2: Is that it's backyard. This is backyard for y'all. For this, I got to shout off my wife.
Speaker 16: We had the Russ pic Nick the thirty first what June first, the roof Picnick, and then we ad the Cousins Festival will push your tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so we're gonna be down there too, So shout out to my.
Speaker 3: So y'all, y'all, don't even real quick. I want to shout out all. I want to shout out my wife. I used your chaining. You know I've been I've been married for twenty years. She made this jacket. She's one of the biggest fashion design in this world.
Speaker 2: Eyebody. When I walked in here, y'all see that. Y'all got the new frame.
Speaker 3: And it's not available on Cheneywad dot com. I do director consumer straight up, so you come straight time. But my shout out to my wife. I used to shout out to my son Malaka Cheney, who just finished there's freshman year strong at Savannah State Universal, my daughter Martina, and my granddaughter Morocco.
Speaker 2: Morocco just turned my grandfather.
Speaker 16: Yo.
Speaker 3: When I when I met my wife twenty three years ago, I met my eight year old daughter. Not only did I consider her, you know, I made a vow to her mother. I never consider it my step daughter. So I raised her from the time she was.
Speaker 2: You know, your son bigger than you two the game at the football.
Speaker 3: He's my son is almost six ft. But I'm just proud, man, I'm proud to still be here, man, doing what we love. Man, taking care of our families.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm about to say, what's the three of us as grandfathers? Yeah? Except you? He over there, he just turned seventeen. Shout out. But somebody here on my phone, that's what like ye at the breakfast club, Good morning all. Let's get to the latest with Lauren Laeni coming straight fast. She gets something, somebody that knows, somebody just the detail.
Speaker 21: I'm a long gud that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: She'd be having the latest on you. The latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: On the breakfast club, something to thank you be okay, thank you so much. She sent me up. Laurla m h.
Speaker 14: E J and.
Speaker 21: Yeah, y'all, yeah, y'all more Lana, Yeah, y'all.
Speaker 4: But I have my money.
Speaker 25: Now, shouldn't know me well enough, but I have my money.
Speaker 2: Pray, don't call me all my bloss pay you what you want it. Don't they be good?
Speaker 25: Then I braun give me your money.
Speaker 11: Cool y'all.
Speaker 2: Thank y'all. Part and on Laurena be coming a straight fas if she gets them from somebody that knows somebody.
Speaker 21: I'm a home girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: She's be having the latest on you previous, but the latest with Laurla Rosa.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have to fact, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit everything.
Speaker 2: The ladies on the Breakfast Club, all right.
Speaker 20: So a big part yesterday was them going through text messages, the defense attorneys because they were right now they are fighting to prove that Cassie was the willing participant in the free COFs, that there was no force, there was no caution.
Speaker 21: So they're going through these text messages.
Speaker 20: Basically it was a ton of them, and she's in the text messages saying she's down for the free colls. Also she's in these text messages planning the like you know how she said Puff was the ultimate choreographer of these things she's giving very much Laura and Gibson. She was choreographing her to her dang self and these text messages. So what they did was which I thought, was like again, brilliant, and it blew the prosecutions set up up the day that Diddy and Cassie got into that fight at the Intercontinental Hotel, the video that CNN dropped, when the prosecution presented the narrative around it, like, Okay, let's give y'all some background info.
Speaker 21: They only use like three texts from the day of March fifth.
Speaker 20: The defense attorneys, he was like, let's go back to March third, and let's lead you into where the prosecutors y'all talked about text messages.
Speaker 6: Now twenty seventeen, right, twenty sixteen, sixteen.
Speaker 20: Yes, So in the text messages, Cassie and Diddy are having a conversation days leading in and you know she's they're like sexting, and a lot of the explicit text messages they wouldn't read in course, I don't know exactly what she was saying, but they were sex in a bit she sent I believe it was four or five sexual text messages, like she's initiating that puff is really on some like I'm proud of you because she did have that big movie premiere coming up.
Speaker 21: So he's like, yeah, I'm proud of you. You got this weekend coming up.
Speaker 20: They talking about like accessories for her outfit, and then she's like so it gets to the weekend, right gets to the day that they did that freak off, and she's trying to figure out what her plans are and he's like, okay, well, I'm down to do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 21: Let me know what you got going on. So she's like, I want to see my baby, and then then they started.
Speaker 20: Now they're having a conversation about the free co off and he's telling her, since you want to do this, you plan it. Call the guy from the mail escort service they were using, and Cowboys or something like that, and grab get who you want.
Speaker 21: You set up how this one is going to go.
Speaker 20: He even said to her and text messages like if you want, we could sit back and just watch, like we don't have to even participate, and they asked her that they was like okay, so what does that mean, like sit back and just watch. There were also text messages from another time, so that created a whole different narrative around that, right, But there were also text messages. Remember she talked about being forced to do it on her period and stuff like that. There were text messages where she mentioned being on her period and he didn't force her to do anything on her period.
Speaker 21: He kind of like backed off of it. He was like okay, bad, like cool.
Speaker 20: The text messages that they showed yesterday in court, that that whole force, that coercion thing, it blew that up.
Speaker 3: No, listen, I'm just being objective here, right. Diddy's legal team has already conceded to some aspects of his conduct. Yes, so they're just trying to say, in regard the Cassie, it wasn't coercion, it was consensual.
Speaker 2: Yeahrrect.
Speaker 6: Now, those text messages go all the way back to two thousand and nine.
Speaker 21: Yes, right day, even before they had they had like two thousand and seven. I think it's sometimes okay, So.
Speaker 3: The ones that are from twenty seventeen, all Cassie is going to say is that she said whatever needed to be said because if she didn't comply, he would beat.
Speaker 6: Her up or be violent to her.
Speaker 3: She already admitted that she loved him. She said she also was afraid of him. That's typical in an abusive relationship. It shows that that she was she was involved, and that she wasn't being forced. But but what if she was afraid when she takes this when next time she.
Speaker 7: But when she texts him to ask about it, I think it's going to show that, you know, she wanted to do it just as much as he wanted to do it.
Speaker 3: No, but she said, she already has contextualized that. She contextual allized that her first couple of days in court. But I think I did whatever I had to do and said whatever I had to say in order not to get my freaking face beat.
Speaker 20: But I think so seeing that, and that's what I'm saying because like, for instance, there was one section on two thousand and nine, that's the one where she says it took correct it. That's the one where she directly says, I'm always down to freak off. And then later she talks about how she wants it to be like she wants it dirty, like she wants it aggressive, she wants it whatever. So that you know why they did that, because they're trying to show if he was aggressive at all. She asked me that, but she was Yeah. But I just think that like in the in the text messages leading up to the Intercontinental video, he was so gentle in the conversation.
Speaker 4: Like there.
Speaker 7: She also said she didn't want another women, a woman in that position. She didn't want him with any other woman. She wanted to be the only woman.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But with the Cassie thing, you know, I don't think it's going to be an explosive as Dawn and James Cruise, right. And the reason I think Dawn Richard because they both annound yesterday, they're gonna be a witness standards.
Speaker 2: There was no that we know of relationship. So this is straight off of there is no I don't there's nobody finds out why Q was crying and TV rights.
Speaker 7: Same thing with James Cruse. James Cruise was the manager the process. So much is calling James Cruise and the fact that the prose said.
Speaker 3: Cassie said that James Cruise and d Rock cried one time and they saw her get beat up.
Speaker 6: But listen, can it get more explosive than the nipples another.
Speaker 2: Man the oil be warmed up?
Speaker 7: Yes, because Dawn Richards was there and she has there's no love for him. She so she's not letting anything back. I'm sure Cassie is still being a little sensitive. But James Cruise and Dawn, you said something James Cruise was sex manager.
Speaker 2: You listening right.
Speaker 3: You said something about you know, Diddy was being gentle in text messages. That means nothing because we saw the hotel video message.
Speaker 2: But then in person, no, no, no.
Speaker 20: The only reason I brought that up is because we saw the hotel video. But when Cassie talked about the hotel video in court, the way that she framed how the lead up to that was, like even their interaction while she was on the stand she did it came off as very much like aggressively, Oh my god, I'm just here. I don't want to be here. My body is being like used, bruised, and like I like almost like literally like a sex slave almost. But then you see the conversation and he's like, we shouldn't do the freak off because you got this big movie prem here. We should let's start early so you can get some rest. You gotta take it. Basically, he's trying to look out for her in.
Speaker 5: That situation you wanted before she went to work.
Speaker 20: Yeah, but he kept seeing that. He was like, too bad, you got work. Too bad, you got work. We should do it early, you should get rist. But her narrative was completely different. Even though we see that video, it just makes you think, like because they also brought in basically, what's your motive?
Speaker 21: Is it vengeance?
Speaker 20: Because she they read another text about kim Porter. Cassie was upset that she never got to spend holidays with Diddy and kim Porter did, and it was apparent that she felt the way about the woman Gina, which was what broke up their relationship.
Speaker 21: Michael B. Jordan got some straights and here it was.
Speaker 2: They had a meeting with Kit Cuddy before they blew up a call.
Speaker 20: Allegedly, they went to dinner with Kit Cuddy. Puff set them both down and wanted to have a conversation about the relationship. They brought that up yesterday because she made it seem like he sat them down because he's big bag Puff trying to scare him. Defense said, no, he sat y'all down because he introduced y'all. He felt the way about that. He put you in the studio with him, and then you start you go grab a burner phone and start dealing with him. Of course you're gonna say, y'all down the.
Speaker 2: Kit Cutty saying in that meeting, well, why are you burn on my call?
Speaker 20: No, he the card thing hadn't happened yet. He said, what about my car? Because I think Cassie had kind of warned him, like he said, this is gonna happen. And Puff was like, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: What car?
Speaker 6: I guarantee you today all a project.
Speaker 3: Custon is going to say, they're gonna ask Catzie questions, and Kassie is gonna say she told Diddy whatever she needed to tell him because she was afraid.
Speaker 4: One hundred probably possibly doing your money.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to be down no more, you know what I mean. And when he didn't want to be down, the one started doing the thing.
Speaker 4: The room penalized because she was down at one point.
Speaker 2: Who's a light skin? Who's a light skin? Cute? Counting though you the tapes ain't come out. We hate more weeks, baby, because whole weeks.
Speaker 4: You heard me, Lauren, Huh.
Speaker 5: My thing is will she be penalized because she was down at one.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 20: At one point I asked and I was told that they that there's rumors that there were there was a conversation about immunity with her. But I'm going to try and get some more confirmed information on that because I keep saying that like she yeah, she's she was complicit at some point.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, when we come back, we got Donkey of the Day eight hundred five eight five one on five one Charlamagne.
Speaker 3: Yes, today is the People's donkey. So if you want to call in and nominate somebody for donkey to day, to Lord Georce, we'll do that. Next it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning. It's your time to nominate a donkey of your own. But remember now, that's just how they choose. I call it now. Eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one.
Speaker 3: Yes, donkey today for Friday, May six teeth is all about you, the people.
Speaker 6: Uh, it's the People's he Hall.
Speaker 2: On Fridays.
Speaker 3: I like to open the phone lines that allow you, the people, to give folks the biggest he hall.
Speaker 2: Soel Hello, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 22: Hey?
Speaker 19: Good morning? Ohio.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear your name? What did you say? Your name was my name?
Speaker 6: Antoinette? Who do you want to give the biggest he hall to this morning.
Speaker 26: I want to give a big he haw to my ax for being in jail, locked up. You needn't miss his son.
Speaker 3: Preschool graduations, his son kindergarten graduation.
Speaker 8: This is bled up again another year.
Speaker 2: Dan, what's his name? You got to say his name? Oh? Will damn? Now listen? Is it his fault he locked up? It's definitely his cluck what he was doing, what he's doing.
Speaker 26: I don't do everything. He just can't.
Speaker 2: He just can't get right.
Speaker 26: And it's unfortunate, you know, trying needs the father and he just can't.
Speaker 11: Its life together.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 6: I hope that he gets out and makes better choices.
Speaker 19: Definitely, But I love y'all.
Speaker 26: Good morning to.
Speaker 2: All y'all, love you, good morning. Who's this good morning?
Speaker 13: What's up?
Speaker 2: Charlo Man? What's up?
Speaker 19: Angry?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 6: Just lorrow mornings? Who want to get the biggest he heart to this morning?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 2: Charl Man? Okay, all right, look at him man all this week been a good week.
Speaker 12: But you be dogging Laura Man.
Speaker 2: Her damn is Lauren? Laura Lauren? How do I dog her out?
Speaker 11: A little cool baby?
Speaker 19: Because every time she do us she can only say half for you interrupt the whole upper half.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: Now, I think that's cool.
Speaker 19: Because we'll be into what she's saying, and then we keep interrupting me and didn't keep messing with about the wills. You're bully.
Speaker 2: First of all.
Speaker 3: First of all, first of all, I actually complimented on her her on her head yesterday. I told her that her bob looked good. But then and he jumped out the window and was like, now you're killing it. And I was like, don't O d you wiling?
Speaker 4: She's not killing it?
Speaker 21: Okay, Okay, Now as.
Speaker 3: Far as the interruptions, we're having conversations, I'll be having questions, that's all.
Speaker 19: But you've got listeners that want to finish in what she's seen.
Speaker 21: Okay, sure, But he's so worried about my lady a change.
Speaker 2: Good morning? Who's this?
Speaker 26: But if is good morning, this is Sammy?
Speaker 2: How are you Tammy?
Speaker 6: Who you want to get the biggest he hault to this morning?
Speaker 26: Actually I want to give it. It's a blanket. I want to give it to my mellinated, unhealed women that keep allowing our mellenated brothers, men, fathers, uncles, sons coming into our homes and you want to treat them like taka.
Speaker 2: Treat them like what, treat them like you got you.
Speaker 9: Like.
Speaker 26: The world is beating our mellenated men up like clay, and I'm so tired of hearing them speak their silence here because of what I do as a profession. I speak to mellenated men daily and they're homes of their mellenated women. That's in their life or is not a safe space. So women, get it together. If you are melanated, this world is already beating them down, cut it out. So it's a blanket is for all of y'all that are unhealed and keep bleeding on men that didn't take you.
Speaker 3: I agree with that wholeheartedly, and I think I think it goes both ways. I think everybody need to be doing the work on each other, so we stopped projecting our pinion on the other people that I agree with you wholeheartily.
Speaker 19: Talk that is this morning.
Speaker 26: Yes, I'm so sick of hearing it.
Speaker 6: Yes, ma'am, thank you, mama, Good morning. Who's this Shante Shante? Who you want to get the biggest te haut to this morning?
Speaker 26: Did envy?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 26: Because the day he announced the casto and happened. I went up there to look for the tickets and there was no tickets.
Speaker 2: Up there, but it probably sold out.
Speaker 5: No, they didn't sell out there at only twenty hours.
Speaker 7: No, ma'am, you could have got you didn't have to go to the actual venue to get the tickets. There's like a vent Bright. You could go online and buy That's what I.
Speaker 26: Want to went on back like soon ninety stuff. I went on Bright.
Speaker 3: Event right, ain't something that bent Bright? If you went on big Bright, that's how you know, you know an event event?
Speaker 2: Bright were the ticket week.
Speaker 26: I went up there and it was little tickets up there at all.
Speaker 2: Mama, there was there was like thousands of other people that bought tickets that day.
Speaker 4: And she said, she it's like a police went to.
Speaker 2: Bright and Bright and have it.
Speaker 19: Don't find me like that.
Speaker 2: It's event right, Mama. Did you get your tickets?
Speaker 22: Now?
Speaker 4: No, I did not get my tickets.
Speaker 2: And how many, how many? How many people want to go? You bring your kids?
Speaker 17: Yes, I'm bringing my tickets for.
Speaker 3: A while, all right, So I'm gonna hook you up with a family pack of tickets so you could you could bring your kids and you can come.
Speaker 2: It works. It worked, It worked and worked, it worked, it worked. You foreht them, and he can't take it back now. You foret them because you got him. Yes, you got him.
Speaker 7: You for nothing, so good, get a family pack of tickets and you can bring your kids, all four of them, and yourself and your man or your husband or or.
Speaker 2: Your partner and you can come on out. And I got you, okay, thank you, thank you, thank you. And you're from Virginia from the seven five to seven.
Speaker 17: I'm from Baltimore, but I've been in Virginia.
Speaker 19: Since i was fourteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I got you. You hold on and I'll make sure you go.
Speaker 4: Y'all better get my bottom on girls, and tickets.
Speaker 2: Got all the way up there to period.
Speaker 7: And that's July nineteenth and Hampton, Virginia. If you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets. But Chante, you stay on hold okay.
Speaker 3: Shante been doing stuff like that. Chante the type person that'll call a restaurant.
Speaker 2: And be like, Uber didn't bring my food.
Speaker 3: I ordered this food so long agoing Uber didn't bring it, and they'll be like I can come up there and get it.
Speaker 2: Andy be like, all right, come up here and get it right.
Speaker 5: And shone got the app on the phone exactly.
Speaker 2: It takes that information for a long last seven Good.
Speaker 19: Morning the DJ from Atlanta. What's up?
Speaker 2: DJ? What's happening?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: Who want to get the biggest seat? Hard to man?
Speaker 19: I'm giving the jiggs high to you, joscelarious boiler rolls. E's got something to do with the programment at the breakfast flub. Now y'all playing these Kendrick with more souls, way too much?
Speaker 2: Bro Oh you av, you're av.
Speaker 3: You ain't never pull it up and complained about Drake playing on the radio every five seconds when he was having his run.
Speaker 2: To let God have his run about that?
Speaker 19: You write about that but a lot of but it is the whole DJ, It's all this music out here. It's gotta be some other songs.
Speaker 3: Drake been doing this for ten plus years on the radio. Let Kendrick have his moment and play every five seconds on.
Speaker 19: Our He got his moment, but can we get some other music?
Speaker 17: We played Kendrick every hour?
Speaker 6: Okay, give us some suggestions.
Speaker 2: Then, I don't know exactly.
Speaker 19: India, I region, I don't know.
Speaker 14: Somebody us King Drick, the Simson and all of this every hour to Luther inn.
Speaker 6: D I ren he want to hear Luther vand draws right now. No he didn't, he said he's talking about the Luther song.
Speaker 2: I know that all right, sir, Thank you.
Speaker 19: He put a play together for us. Welcome on.
Speaker 2: What the hell there you go?
Speaker 4: What what the hell?
Speaker 17: All right, y'all show.
Speaker 2: Peace, brother, thank you, thank you? All right man. We do that every Friday. It's the people's donkey.
Speaker 3: Whenever you want to give somebody the biggest he hall you got to do is call up on Friday.
Speaker 16: Bro.
Speaker 2: That's right, ye are right.
Speaker 5: You know we got a donkey alat to day the show.
Speaker 2: You probably just heard it. Well, east Side Golfers coming up.
Speaker 7: When we come back eight hundred and five eighty five, one on five one, we have an Elijah one, Janaku and Earl Cooper.
Speaker 2: They'll be joining us.
Speaker 4: It's Elijah One, John Cole. Okay, okay, okay, let's gonna be high all the time.
Speaker 7: East Side golf when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning. Everybody is DJ n V, Jesse, Hilaria and Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. He gots a special guest in the building. Yes, we have Elijah One. Did I said it right? John Coole okay, and Earl.
Speaker 3: Cooper welcome, how y'all brothers. Elija One, I always hear your first name as a last name. I've never I've never met an Elijah one. Who's Elijah One? Was the first name.
Speaker 2: That's because, Yeah, I was born in Houston.
Speaker 23: I was born in Houston, but my family was a big rock They were both Big Rockets fans. And yeah, just one thing led to another. First name is last name is my first name? That was That was my father. He was born in South Memphis and he changed his name joined the Black Panthers when he was about twenty four, change his name from Robert Rutledge to Kwamea and Johnaku and now I'm Elijah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they want the slave master name.
Speaker 6: What's your ancestry?
Speaker 23: Yeah, Nigerian, but it's it's a name. Okay, but uh, but it's split in between the two. They were just big Houston Rockets fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then when I first met Earl, I didn't realize I never met a young Earl before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, grow into definitely.
Speaker 4: You ain't growing to it yet. You still look too young for.
Speaker 2: Earl, But alright, I got I got a son on the way.
Speaker 11: He gonna be Earl too.
Speaker 2: I mean DMNX made it a classic name. Yeah, yeah, you're right, you're right about that.
Speaker 7: So how did you guys get into golf? What made you say golf is the sport that I want to do. I want to try.
Speaker 23: I love and talk about that your passion for golf. Yeah, A friend of the family introduced me to the game. I grew up with his sons playing golf. We all ended up getting golf scholarships to college. But the thing was, we ended up playing basketball and golf growing up, so we're really competitive.
Speaker 2: And it was just on the east side of Atlanta.
Speaker 23: I mean it was a way to stay out of the streets for real, like off Boulder Crest Road, you know, east side. It was tough, but right when I leave, because right when I leave the golf course, I mean, the hood is right there. But like when I met the golf course, like it was positive influences. I went to the golf course. I didn't really have that as much as home. As much at home, but why not go to the golf course and actually get that? So judges, doctors, lawyers, entrepreneurs. These are the people that I'm looking up to, Like, how are these people at eleven am on a Tuesday, just out and about doing their own thing? And now it was golf. So I just wanted to be a part of that and have that to be a part of my life. So that's what really just pushed me to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah and you're from Delaware.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm from Delaware? Really? Yeah? Why don't know people really from there?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I told you number two?
Speaker 2: How long with two of us? Two black people?
Speaker 5: But you played golf too, right?
Speaker 12: Yeaheah.
Speaker 27: I started playing golf at the age of six inner city Youth Golf program it's called the LPGA Urban Youth Golf Program, and my parents would signed me up like nobody in my family played. And I often like to say, I'm happy that my dad didn't listen to a six year old because left up to me. I was like, I don't to do this, you know where all my friends where everybody looked like me.
Speaker 2: But he kept me in it.
Speaker 27: And then at thirteen, I ended up winning a Golf Channel drive chip and putt, which is like a free trip to Disney World. I was on TV and I'm like, man, if every golf tournament like this, I'm ready to practice. And you know, it was fortunate enough eliju Wan and I you know, had a golf scholarship the Morose College and played on the golf team there and that's where we met.
Speaker 6: Break that down for you said it's called the Inner City.
Speaker 27: It was called the LPGA, which is Ladies Professional Golf Association. So they had a ladies major event in Wilming teams called the McDonald Championship, and they created like a nonprofit off of that and it was that urban youth golf program. So again just trying to get young kids involved in the game. And then for us, I'll say that's what also kind of helped shape our point of view, like because everyone's like, well, how did y'all get here? And these programs are great, but you need an evolved adult, right, Like all of you all have kids, so you're not just gonna drop call it a ten year old off at a golf course, right, or the average age as a fifty year old white man, right, and he come back like what happened?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 27: So it takes an evolved adult. And that's one of the things that we're always constantly encouraging people like go with the kid, you know what I mean, whatever that may be. So a lot of our focus has been on young professionals, not necessarily just the kids because we don't even make kids close just shit.
Speaker 3: I wonder how much Tiger Woods made people feel like influence people, influenced people to touch reach out to young black kid and try to.
Speaker 27: Get them involved in go I mean he was yeah, everything for us, like coming up Tiger Woods was you know, he dominated it.
Speaker 2: He made us want to watch it.
Speaker 23: You know, you want to be just like Tiger when I mean the catalyst for me when I was thirteen, actually, I was playing golf at It's across from East Lake Country Club in Atlanta, where they hold the Tour championship. Y'all definitely got to come out for that. But across from there, Charlie Yates Junior Academy in two thousand and one actually got sponsored by Nike to go up to Chicago. I got a thirty minute lesson from Tiger Woods and Earl Woods at the time when his father was still here.
Speaker 2: So I mean since then, I just been on it. You know, I've been hungry for the game.
Speaker 23: I mean everything that it entitles, as far as like gives you, you know, and just the people that it surrounds you, uh, that surrounds you because you play it.
Speaker 2: So now it's it's done. Wonders for me.
Speaker 4: But what made you all want to stick with it?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 5: Because I know you said if you when you were six, you want to want to do it? It's born.
Speaker 4: That's the first thing that you know, people arguing if they say about it. What made y'all want to stick with it? Y'all actually have a golfing brand, like when people are buying y'all got stores about to open up, and airports and everything. Y'all still about to have y'all peril and what North Stroum like right now right here in New York.
Speaker 5: What made y'all want to stick with that?
Speaker 4: You don't really see a lot of us in golf, right, Yeah.
Speaker 23: So honestly, for me, golf changed my life. I mean as far as temperament, resilience, you know, I mean everything that I am. As far as like just hard work and structure. I mean, because when you look at golf, in every shot that you're taking golf, it's individual. You know what I'm saying, you can't look at the entire thing is you get lost. But that's just like life. You gotta take you one step at a time, a day at a time, you know. And golf just taught me to be really intricate on each single detail. And that's I literally just relate that over to my professional career as far as corporate finance when I was in that about to become VP of sales over to here running a business. You know, there's steps to it and you have to build systems to be successful. And it's crazy. I use all of those things from golf to relay it onto my business and it's been working.
Speaker 7: When do you take the step to be professional as far as a golfer? Right, you know, you see all these people, everybody's into golf, and but when is it professional? And break it down a little bit like we all know basketball, we know the's a draft. We all know football, we know it's a draft. We know baseball you go into the d league or the farm league as they call it. So how does golf work when it comes to that? Because you were a presonal time.
Speaker 27: So I'm a PGA professional. So PGA professionals are the men and women and where experts in the golf business. So at every golf course there there's a person that managed that and so more.
Speaker 2: That's what I did.
Speaker 27: So you get your pg certification. It's twenty eight thousand PGA members across the country. Out of that twenty eight thousand, there's roughly like three hundred African Americans, right, so the number is you know, that's less than half a one percent, right, So there's definitely a lot of work to be done there. But that's what I'm considered a PGA professional versus Elijah on you want to experience.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I mean the reason that I started this brand was, I mean back when I after I graduated from Morehouse majors accounting, minoring finance.
Speaker 2: I turned pro and golf.
Speaker 23: I did that for a couple of years, won a couple of mini tour events, but got to a point it just couldn't afford it anymore, you know, taking them by our jobs carboy, caddy and like hustling. However I can get it to fund my golf career. Last time me and my mom got in an argument, she was like, Yo, it's about that time you get a job. You know what I'm saying, and so had to stop that and I started my finance career. I was in commercial finance for about ten years, but it got to a point, like I said, I wanted to play professional golf, but I knew it be already find sponsors.
Speaker 2: So to your point, the only way to turn pro is to have sponsors in the game. I mean good enough where sponsors finds.
Speaker 23: You absolutely, absolutely, and it's full circle for me. Actually, I'm turning back pro and golf in June. That's the reason I started the brand because I was like, if I can't find any sponsors, why not take the entrepreneur route and sponsor myself. So now I have a Southern company in Georgia Power being one of one of my sponsors for professional golf, along with a couple of other companies in Atlanta. But it's I mean, the whole thing is sponsorship is dollars. If you can raise that and that company can see what they can really get out of you, where it comes to like a certain type of customer, a certain type of fuel, they'll pay you for it.
Speaker 2: We got more with east Side Golf. When we come back, don't move. It's to breakfast club. Good morning going to everybody as DJ VJ Hilarious, Charlamage, the guy we all the breakfast club. We're still kicking it with east Side Golf, Alajaku and Earl Cooper Charlamagne.
Speaker 6: I love both of y'all.
Speaker 3: I love y'all stories because y'all represent I like when people get into an industry and they show all sides of the industry. When I hear PGA Professional, I'm thinking that's a player, right, somebody who does the business, and that's that's like.
Speaker 6: Damn, there's so many different ways for us to be involved in this in this sport.
Speaker 27: Yeah, no, I completely agree, And I feel like that's one of the things that I'll say really just excites me about our business is the fact that we're having an impact on the sport without actually playing it, right, and so it's kind of like a basketball analogy would be like we're working in the front office, right, and so we're getting everyone excited and bringing everyone along with us, right. Like when you think about when the brand started, it was right before COVID and then you know, our first viral moment was Chris Paul wearing it had to tell when he was a player, when he was a president of the NBA Players Association the night of the boycot, the event that happened in Kenosha, Wisconsin, and so like that's that's how we kind.
Speaker 11: Of went viral.
Speaker 27: But it was through basketball and then from there, you know, we got hooked up with Michael Jordan and we've.
Speaker 12: Had like C. C.
Speaker 2: Sabbathia, Victor Cruz, you know, Pecka's, Steve Stout, like you name it.
Speaker 27: All of these guys are like, we see exactly what you guys are doing, right, Like you are bringing in people into the game culturally relevant and in a way like our tagline is, you know, be authentic.
Speaker 2: So that's that's all we require. Let imagine a question.
Speaker 3: I can think of times right like when I was younger, you know, me and my now wife walking into you know, restaurants in South Carolina seeing nothing but white people in there, nothing but white people working there, and seeing ourselves, Yeah, the same for us. And I remember one time in particular, you know, we went to one and it was like, oh, no, we're leaving and the waitress was like what the woman to do was like, why y'all leaving?
Speaker 2: Because twenty white people?
Speaker 3: When I was like, yeah, the golf course probably is ten times as intimidating as that, and just because it's like we don't see each other out there.
Speaker 6: So couple of guys just pull up on the golf course. Are they going to Are they going to be welcomed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 23: I mean, well, so they have private country clubs, and then they have municipalities, as he once said, public parks downtown, which you pay your tax dollars on. That's where we need to be. Yeah, a lot of those, a lot of those golf courses are definitely welcoming. They know it's your first time coming out there. And on top of that, you know, some of these golf courses have bucket of balls might be twelve bucks, and play it against.
Speaker 2: Sports and yeah with y'all, y'all, y'all, what is your problem?
Speaker 23: Yeah, yeah, some golf balls, oh man, man, continue cheap continue downtown. Bucket of golf balls might be twelve bucks. But then you can go to play it against sports and get a whole thing of clubs, fourteen clubs for one hundred dollars, twenty five dollars. And this is an investment, you know, like whatever, and I see this all the time. Whatever you do with you, like, I don't care what you do. If you play golf, it will increase that revenue, it will increase whatever opportunities you have.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: So many different types of people play golf.
Speaker 23: I mean I've met guys that you know, own movie companies, guys investors out.
Speaker 2: In Colo Alto.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 23: I mean all the way over to being at Liberty National, the Fireman family that sold rebop. You know, all of these different types of people play golf. Doctors, lawyers, the same type of people that I grew up seeing. But the connection that they have in their circle. I mean, if you play golf, you can go out. Well, let me invite my guy. All of a sudden, you got to force them. Three four guys out there playing golf and you don't know who it is.
Speaker 4: You know, relax is a sensitive you said for somebody trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: Wow, y'all don't have gay years. Yes, yeah, this guy has. I'm listening to you because I'm intrigued by what I don't. No, I've heard that before.
Speaker 3: I've heard everybody say that, you know, they golf because it's great for networking. And then sure, you know I've golfed once. I was terrible at it. I got frustrated. Yeah, but it's a time for men to do something we don't do, which is talk. Yeah, you know, for a long period of time, it's good bonding for men, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I agree.
Speaker 6: I think it's on the golf course of though.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah no.
Speaker 27: And it's funny you said, man, because we actually we're doing a campaign featuring Justin Tuck just talking about fathers because a lot of times again you're talking about that opportunity to bond and like it's a great sport, like to just go out there, and a lot of times that's a that's a man's hobby, you know. I mean, well, we definitely support the women to get out there as well. And I agree that golf can be intimidating. Like look, I was the first African American golf professional at two golf courses that were over one hundred years old, WHOA so Detroit Golf Club and Womington Country Club. And Womington I started as a caddy there right, so like used to dream of going in the clubhouse like, man, like what would that be like? And you know the point, and I feel like the reason why I took both of those roles was simply because here's an opportunity to reset the standard. Right, they don't know, they've never even interact with someone at that level in that position, and so it's important that we do go and kind of push through that uncomfortableness. And that's kind of what I'm saying, where as an adult, if the adults can go.
Speaker 2: We know it's just gonna they're gonna look up to you, you know.
Speaker 27: And so if they see you doing the goal for us, we don't want it to be a shock when we show up or minority show up and they're playing golf. We want that to be normalized, right, But that's up to us to normalize it amongst that generation, just like we normalize everything else. It could be something as simple as like going to the movies or every summer of y'all go to this place, whatever it may be, it's just normal.
Speaker 2: Just you saw it.
Speaker 11: And so that's the thing.
Speaker 27: Our goal is that we want this next generation and to really say, you know what, I may pay golf once or twice a year, and I'm cool with that, but at least when the opportunity comes, we're not sitting on the sideline.
Speaker 23: That's how can they find how can they go to the site if they want more information? Yeah, here finals on Eastside golf dot com. We actually have a TikTok at east Side Golf and our Instagram is at east Side Golf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they go download our app as well. We got a really dope app.
Speaker 27: We have a lot of exclusives product on their merched shoes everything at east Side Golf.
Speaker 3: Man, respect y'all brothers and everything that y'all have built, everything that y'all are building.
Speaker 6: This is very very inspiring.
Speaker 23: Man.
Speaker 2: Now we got to get y'all out on the golf course. That's the next time. Next, that's the next thing.
Speaker 9: She was.
Speaker 2: She was Baltimore, holding it down.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like God is calling me to learn. I tried it one time, but man, I swung at that ball like thirty times and couldn't hit it.
Speaker 6: And just like, I'm just gonna ride around with y'all.
Speaker 2: We got a professional coach right here.
Speaker 27: I got you get us want to get y'all out there. But yeah, it's a great like family atmosphere too.
Speaker 7: That's like my son play. I played in college and I stopped since college. But it was one of those things we go out there, we drink and we have fun tour and then come back to go to class. But but my son actually plays, and I was like, I gotta get back out there.
Speaker 27: But just having the time understand the tom is definitely a thing, but it's just so worth it.
Speaker 3: We go to top Golf. Which top golf, that's top the top, top golf, top golf.
Speaker 6: Yeah's success to you.
Speaker 2: Good morning the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's the j n V.
Speaker 7: Just Hilarius Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for past the off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, TJ not big not what's happening?
Speaker 25: How are you guys?
Speaker 9: I love that?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 28: Same here I'm going to start off. I guess I'm gona start off slow and then speed it up for you guys. Let's start with get to It from ian Ano Paie.
Speaker 6: I about to say that Judgeneration because it's slow, y'all need to start doing someone.
Speaker 25: It wasn't actually the slow but what do you think that's I like it. It's hym music. I wasn't sure if you guys.
Speaker 4: Are like that music.
Speaker 25: Okay, cool, cool, the slow the slower record.
Speaker 28: I meant to actually start with it's from Planet Gizz and it's called Elevator.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: Is that Maso on the instruments?
Speaker 2: So people using no.
Speaker 25: Artists he's a jazz Well he's not a jazz artist, but he plays.
Speaker 4: Basically every instrument. Yes, yes, a lot of instruments with people.
Speaker 25: But what what was that Planet gizzon like that? Don't start, don't start?
Speaker 2: Sounds like video taking right, want to take a trip that planets.
Speaker 25: This next record is boss Man, Dilo and Gucci Man with Hit.
Speaker 5: In my Mouth. Hey, that's a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why N O N music. You know what I'm saying, Like going home at eleven.
Speaker 2: The Lost Man gonna stay out. They're gonna take it from about seven to Gucci Pad. Yeah, good ballance you know what.
Speaker 25: Sw y'all would like that one.
Speaker 28: I'm glad videos too, Yes, and then the last one is a Lotto with somebody.
Speaker 25: She's been teasing this record for a while, but it's finally out like that.
Speaker 5: As it went on, I liked it. Yeah, she was saying this different for Lotto.
Speaker 4: I ain't never hear.
Speaker 25: Something like that, kind of poppy.
Speaker 3: It's a nice summer about for all the female players. Who gonna be lying the guys, making guys think that you know, y'all gonna be together this summer, but you just really having some fun.
Speaker 6: That's what I feel like.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 28: So if you guys like those records, make sure you guys tune in and listen to them on the Certified Playlist. You can get it by clicking my link in bio, and I also have it in my story. Just make sure you follow me at nilis simone n y l A s y m O.
Speaker 2: N also Nilo.
Speaker 7: We got a salute Leah because we said she was signed and she said she's not signed.
Speaker 6: She's not signed, she said independent.
Speaker 25: I know she's not signed.
Speaker 2: You said she was Google, Google said she was. She signed before, right, and now she before?
Speaker 28: And then once you said that, I was like, dang, maybe she got resigned. So then I didn't say anything.
Speaker 6: She said not yet, said not yet last week.
Speaker 25: About last time I knew she was not signed.
Speaker 2: She was signed, but she's not anymore. She's independent now. Yeah, she did a whole video on.
Speaker 25: It has been going up. Man, love her, love her much all right?
Speaker 9: Yo?
Speaker 4: What is the name of that gives a joint elevator elevator.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, yes, all right.
Speaker 2: Well thank you Nyla, Thank you guys. A great weekend.
Speaker 7: Be safe, okay you everybody else to People's Choice mixes up. Next, don't move, It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Wake. You're like into the Breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is cj NV just Hilarias, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a salute the cast of the Wife for joining us today.
Speaker 3: Many celebrate man that Jordan. Yeah, why, I just don't what couldn't be done with the Wire? Like, I feel like they need to have like a a documentary, maybe a reunion.
Speaker 4: Definitely a documentary though, but they can't do a spin up. They can't.
Speaker 5: I don't want them to mess it up Like the Boet print was was great.
Speaker 4: Now, remember a couple of years later a show called The Corner had came out right, and I felt like they tried to do the same type of thing.
Speaker 5: It didn't really stick for me.
Speaker 4: But we've seen that try to be done over and over. It's just it don't come closed. So I think a documentary would be the right thing.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, I do think that ship is sell but I do think back in the day.
Speaker 3: Wire spin offs would have worked if they would have kept like the same writers, the same produces, because they could.
Speaker 2: Have created their own world. Because it's like going to different cities. Yeah, just like the Power Universe.
Speaker 3: Like plenty of those guys could have left set up shops somewhere else that lived.
Speaker 7: You know, they could go back to that though, because so many people are intrigued with the street lifestyle and selling drugs and all that. People love seeing those type of things, and those movies do well, those shows do well, and you go to another place, like you go to DC, to Detroit, you go to you know, a small town somewhere where you know that we might not know.
Speaker 4: Maybe Michelle has said that we gotta be written right. The dialogue got to be exactly the streets, like exactly what it really.
Speaker 2: Is, all right. And also east Side Golf for joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: Man, I am really inspired by what the brothers are doing, just because they're doing something different outside the box. They're doing something that you don't really see a lot of us doing and they're having a lot of successful Salute to those brothers.
Speaker 4: Then one of them is from Delaware, Big Delaware.
Speaker 6: There's a big Delaware. I didn't know it coming to big size.
Speaker 9: I know it.
Speaker 5: I know it is Yo whatever Yo.
Speaker 4: Shout out to the east Side Golf, Elijah, Elijah one and my man's Earl Cooper.
Speaker 7: Also, you know, I want to sloop Memi Brown. And if Memi's listening, I just want to say, I apologize for my.
Speaker 2: Friend is right here, me me listening. This guy is so crazy? Why do you.
Speaker 24: Right here?
Speaker 3: You know, wanted to get to the Amy told us today she's from Alaska and my friends had the breakfast club. But the dumbest questions ever, you know, and I just want to say, me me, I'm sorry, it's all right.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to know. I wanted to know that she grew up in the Igloo, like whip Town she from. She's from the East Order West Side. She said, it's dark all the time, so it's normal.
Speaker 3: And by the way, nbaactly you weren't dumb and was like, he gets dark all the time.
Speaker 9: And I learned that it's dark in the winter time all the time. The summertime is light twenty four hours, so it's the opposite.
Speaker 2: So you go to school at night, well when it's dark, and then you come on. It's just dark.
Speaker 4: It's just dark.
Speaker 2: But in the summer got to be crazy.
Speaker 9: Kind of kind of the streetlights stay on in the winter time like the whole time. But in the winter it's twenty four to seven summertime, right, so the sun doesn't go down.
Speaker 5: So that's act from you from there.
Speaker 21: You know, there's like we don't really do that.
Speaker 4: It's just you know, from the slopes.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's like, that's that's that's Alaska.
Speaker 2: So you can say I'm from the North, I'm from the South Pole, the North.
Speaker 8: I'm from North from the North Pole.
Speaker 4: You no, I've never seen so like what do you guys do?
Speaker 5: You guys like slid sled?
Speaker 8: We ski, We like we do all the like all the outdoor activities.
Speaker 4: We go hiking.
Speaker 8: My dad, we went fishing. We did all of that.
Speaker 2: Can you see Russia from Alaska?
Speaker 8: For a wee?
Speaker 25: Russia?
Speaker 8: I don't know where Sarah got that from? Where Russia from a balcony?
Speaker 4: Charlamagne Dumb said, So when did you come to America?
Speaker 2: That was? That was when did you come to America? This America?
Speaker 11: This America?
Speaker 2: That America? What do you wrong with?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 3: Well made me thank you for from Page News, and we appreciate you. Definitely go check out her podcast.
Speaker 8: To Dina with Love, Dina with Love, thank y'all.
Speaker 7: And also we got to send a happy birthday to our friend and one of our producers up here, who Taylor.
Speaker 2: Today is Taylor's birthday, Taylor baby.
Speaker 4: With my girl.
Speaker 2: About Taylor Swift, this Jackson. You hungry as hell. You ain't not going You're not going to waste no food. Today is Taylor's birthday.
Speaker 3: She's also having a baby shortly, So congratulations, enjoy your day.
Speaker 2: And she just had her first mother's day. Yes, thank you, congratulating, Happy birthday.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Lest she named her son Jesse.
Speaker 2: You got emotional, wife, but you say Jesse.
Speaker 5: That's she naming her son Jesse.
Speaker 2: You mean so, Jesse, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 21: In the options, but wasn't we didn't take it.
Speaker 2: Why did you get emotional earlier?
Speaker 4: I just thankful, just happy this new she's getting closer to you birth than she Yo, it's about to be a whole.
Speaker 5: Vibe like you about to be.
Speaker 6: Just think about how you overworked an underpaid. You won't get emotional.
Speaker 2: No, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: You want us to remain oppressed no matter what.
Speaker 3: Show them your shirt, show them a pressure, all right, all right.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, Taylor. And this weekend, if you did not get your tickets for the Atlantic City Show, I will be at Harris Casino, me and my brother DOESI Alexander calling Philly, New Jersey, New York, even Delaware. If you're all around there somewhere, get your tickets right now with justselarious official dot com. It's only two hundred tickets left for the show and they will be sold out by the end of the day. So rich tickets if you have not yet. Next Friday, mashin Tucky, Connecticut, so calling Hartford, Bridgeport, Connecticut. I will be at Foxwood's Casino next Friday. The show starts at eight. And then on Saturday, I'm skipping over the Boston, Massachusetts, and I'll be at the Wilberg Theater. So get your tickets for all those shows on Ticketmaster or Justlarious official dot com. Just see that it's freaking yes, you will are pregnant.
Speaker 2: Sit down somewhere, my goodness.
Speaker 3: All right, you got a positive note, yes, and it comes from doctor Seuss. I want you to read a couple of books this weekend at least one. All right, because the more that you're reading, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Speaker 2: Have a blessed.
Speaker 5: Okay, that was given a little something, doctor SEUs.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, Breakfast Club, you don't finish for y'all done, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: PuO TV presents The Black Collective, a curated collection of movies, shows and more, all for free.
Speaker 2: Watch films like Paid in Full and boomerang.
Speaker 7: Series like Tyler Perry's Sisters and Power on virtually any device for free Pluto TV stream now Pay Never.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club. In New York's injury Lawyers go to hurt Iny dot Com.
Speaker 5: That's hurtin why dot Com.
Speaker 3: The Positive Note is brought to you by Lincoln Tech, trained for careers and auto skilled trades and more at Linklin Tech for ess in healthcare.
Speaker 20: Women's health is essential for a thriving community, and Accent is here to keep you healthy by providing x