Speaker 1: Yo, What up, dough it's your boy Page Kennedy and y'all got to go check me out right now on the Bootleg cav podcast. Baby, you already know what Tom it is three one three.
Speaker 2: Yo Bootleg cap Podcast. Special guests here, Paige Kennedy, Welcome.
Speaker 3: What up dough Hey? You see what I did there?
Speaker 2: What up, Doughty?
Speaker 3: Detroit Style Pisa and is.
Speaker 2: So you're from Detroit.
Speaker 3: I don't need this, no, not till you're Oh, okay.
Speaker 2: You're from Detroit Originals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm from the D three one three yep, east side, west side, west side, west side of Detroit.
Speaker 2: There's more player on the race.
Speaker 1: I mean they definitely are more something on the west side.
Speaker 2: I was like, when you go to Detroit. I've been to Detroit hung out on both sides often, but they always say like the west side is kind of like Harlem in New York, like more fly, more like about their fashion. The east side is more.
Speaker 1: Like more like you want to there to die. That's how I categorize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I fuck with Detroit, man. That was actually one of the coolest places that we got to travel to and record content.
Speaker 3: What was you doing in Detroit?
Speaker 2: Just shot a bunch of interviews. We went out there were hanging out with like ice Work, Vezzo and Peasy and where did they have perro Giovanni everywhere? I mean, dude, we were in sid of babies, like fucking trap house on the East Side, Like it was crazy motherfuckers outside with bazookas.
Speaker 3: Yep. I wouldn't have been there.
Speaker 2: But it was cool. Like the food was I mean, the Coney Islands or whatever. Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: I mean that's all we eat.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, but it's like it's like I get why. It's like people are like, you gotta go and get a good like hit a good Coney when you're in Detroit, And we went to like four of them and it was all just like yeah, I mean, this is.
Speaker 3: What did you get there? You get the chili fries with cheese.
Speaker 2: I think we got a lot. You like, got a bunch of shit, Yeah, sandwiches. I mean I think one place we got cheesecake, chicken wings, hot dogs, chili cheese fries.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, I'm trying to diet and you over here bringing up all of this damn food shit. Look I'm an addict, bro, I'm four days in and and I got water.
Speaker 3: I got water, I got water.
Speaker 2: And diet so that which is terrible for you?
Speaker 3: What what? What is that? Diet?
Speaker 1: PEPSI diet coked? Okay, which isn't good for you? Is not is almost as bad as you're drinking the sugar.
Speaker 3: That's what I heard.
Speaker 2: Well, there's uh some ship that called is it called asparteene. Yeah, it's it's like causes cancer.
Speaker 3: Right, So so you was like, fuck life, let me.
Speaker 2: Just drink you know, hey no calories though.
Speaker 1: Right, hey, shout out that it's worth it.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I with Detroit, Detroit, it's a good place man hip hop history there.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know, in my opinion, we we we got the best mcs.
Speaker 3: But it's it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Some of them. Yeah see it's by see you're saying my top rappers.
Speaker 1: But but it's it's different because you got the lyricists like Seant Simpson, Royce l you know what I mean, black milk, Black Milk Pays Kennedy.
Speaker 3: And then you got the other side of it, which is the people.
Speaker 2: That you fuck with the new ship though, because honestly like the New Detroit shit, and then't even like the new new because like Icewear Vessel has been around for a minute, and like dough Boys cash Out and those guys like Peril Giovanni's fuck been around forever. But it's definitely like the new wave of Detroit and uh, Flint has influenced so much of hip hop now it's kind of crazy. Like people in Flint, like Rio the Young O G and rmc mike, like John Connor shout out to John Connor, Connor amazing. But those two guys specifically though, have like really influenced a lot of the new guys in a way that is kind of crazy. Like a lot of guys rap that if you close your eyes you would think it was like Rio the Young O G was writing for them. Shout out to Flint though, man, but John Connor's fire for sure. But like you said, that's like different. That's like more lyrical, super lyrical, backpack Crazy Bars or or I Die or the East Side. But the new is different. It's like, you know, there's like a kid named Baby Tron who's fucking what he is in nineteen twenty and he's just he's just got dope zany ass, like punch punchlines and cash Kid is fied.
Speaker 3: Cash Kid, Cash Kids Kid is hard.
Speaker 2: It's just different, so funny.
Speaker 1: How come look, my favorite out of so I love PZ, but like my favorite out of all those type of Detroit rappers is T Grizzly, Like he's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean T Grizzly is the guy who everybody says kicked the door down nationally for that sound.
Speaker 3: He did because he was the worst guy.
Speaker 1: He wasn't, but he was the guy who made anybody know what that sound is correct?
Speaker 2: Yes, nationally for sure.
Speaker 1: And he kept going, you know, like like I love every T. Grizzly album that he put out, like every.
Speaker 2: Time, yeah hard, And like he put out a whole visual album.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah yeah with the stories. Yeah he was like on this King Vaughn shit with.
Speaker 2: The story sitting in every video. Yep, yep, that's gonna false. Irrus, don't want that to hit you in the fucking head, buddy, But shout out to Detroit man. So when did you start acting.
Speaker 3: Shit? I started like, did you move to.
Speaker 2: LA and like chase it or were you like doing some shit like back home or like you know cause.
Speaker 1: No, well well you know I knew I was going to be an actor since like I was little, Like Michael Jackson has been my everything my whole life, you know, straight up like of why I wanted to be an entertainer and started from him when I was little.
Speaker 3: So I actually started rapping first, like I was a rapper.
Speaker 1: Through elementary school, middle school, high school, vesting in the schools, and so I started acting in community college because I went to play football and I didn't make the team.
Speaker 3: So I was like, you know what, No, I want to be an actor.
Speaker 1: I know, I want to move to la let me just start in theater, right, So I started in theater in Granndrabs Community College. Then I went to theater at West Michigan University. Then I went to Shakespeare. I went for classical theater, you know, for my master's and at the University of Delaware. So when I got to California, I was ready. I was already kind of like yeah, yeah, and you know, and I thought I thought I was coming here to do both, like you know, but the acting is what kicked off before the music, even though I had been doing the music way longer than that.
Speaker 3: That's what was feeding me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Because my story of how I even got started is crazy here like it called it my Jay Leno story.
Speaker 2: So what happened? Like you moved to La What was the first acting break you got.
Speaker 1: I moved here February two thousand and one, and I was here for one month and I heard about this audition called the Kennedys, ironically enough, and I snuck into the audition that on these studios, Like I didn't even have my own car, I was sleeping on somebody couch, I have a job. I didn't have an agent. I had shit, like I heard about it. My boy drove me there and we were like, oh, we're making a delivery, but I was really delivering myself, you know. And I gave him my headside and resume and they saw I didn't have an agent, but they just saw like twenty theater credits and they was like credit, yeah, yeah, they So they let me audition and that was my big break because they tapped heart in me. I got the part in the CBS pilot starting with Randy Quaid.
Speaker 2: And Randy Quaid. Man, Randy Quaid, I know that's Vegas vacation man.
Speaker 3: Man, what happened to Randy fucking Quaid. Bro, I see his brother.
Speaker 2: But dang, I feel like Randy Quaid is. I'm ninety nine point nine nine nine percent sure he's like a wild like right wing conspiracy theorist now on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Oh, Randy Quay's on Twitter.
Speaker 2: He's a wild boy for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean he was a wild boy. Then I went to his wife's birthday party. I remember he took me to his house. Oh my god, bro, this was the biggest door I ever seen. It looked like a giant lived in that house, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It looks like a tall guy, not.
Speaker 1: Twelve feet tall, but this his hot His door looked like jolly green giant lay there.
Speaker 3: And then they took me to the Strip club. This was White's birthday. Yeah, that ship was yeah here nice yeah club.
Speaker 1: So that's how that's how, that's how I got I got started.
Speaker 2: So what was the name of that show? Then?
Speaker 3: Was called The Kennedy's Pilot that never got picked up?
Speaker 2: Never got picked up?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: How much how much of that happens where there's just pilots getting produced for nothing all the time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, no, no more, because you know, our whole system is fucked up.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: It used to be like you get a sitcom and you make it. Like now it's like you get a fucking podcast that pops off, and you're like.
Speaker 3: Right, exactly, because that's where the.
Speaker 2: Main shit is special comedians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because look right now, it's so oversaturated that you can be on the show and don't nobody know who to fook a. Like I'm like, look at the people on CBS with the quiet money. They've been on I don't know, FBI, Transylvania or some shit, and they richest hell, but if you walk to them in route, you would have never even read.
Speaker 2: There's so many like it's it's between all the streaming services and then still CBS and NBC. It's like I can't keep up with you too much, Like I watch what I watch, and if you ain't on them shows.
Speaker 3: Right then you don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you gotta really your show has to really pop, like you gotta be on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, Like there's a few guys like if I like I've watched like you know, I'm not a big fan of like the the SVU type shows, but like I've watched like Chicago PD enough times. If I saw a guy but Oh that's the guy from that show.
Speaker 3: Like the Black the older Black dude.
Speaker 2: You just throw it on in the background because you don't need to like no, like Sam Moore, Right, I was just in a wedding with Shamar He's one of my best friend's best friends, and I was just picking his brain about it, and I was like, about what about SWAT because they they brought it back after it was canceled.
Speaker 3: Oh shit for real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was just saying, he was like, yo, like we're I think they're going into season eight of SWAT, yeah, seven or eight?
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: I did not know what he was saying. He was like, you know, this is about the time like shows stop. So he's like, I don't know, you know, we've had a great run. I don't know if the run's gonna keep going or not. But he's like, now's about the time where you kind of got to look and be like how long is this gonna go?
Speaker 3: Right? And what I'm gonna do now?
Speaker 2: I mean, but I mean he has minds he had, yeah, I mean, Shama and Moore's he's so stupid rich He's doing fine. See that's that quiet money. Think about the people that are on that show that you don't know, but they Yeah, I only know him well, and I've met I met one dude, the Asian guy off that show, but I don't know his name. I met him and my friend's house a bunch. But yeah, but like you said, there's so many shows, Like there's shows on CBS and Peacock. I'm like, I don't know these fucking people. Like if it's not Larry David Curve, it's my favorite show. Yeah, it's my favorite comedy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the best.
Speaker 3: Oh so you like Seinfail too, then of course.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was a Seinfeld guy first again had all them DVD box sets, man.
Speaker 1: Me too, the first one. That was the first show I got all the DV box I feel.
Speaker 2: Like it might have been the first DVD box setted show. Low key, it was like the colorful sleeves each season I have its own color.
Speaker 3: I got that, and then I got Family Guy box set.
Speaker 2: You're right, Family Guy box se Honestly, Family Guy on DVD is what really re invigorated that show, because if you think about it, Family Guy was like kind of like it was kind of like a cult classic until it got put on DVD and then everybody fucked with it and then it's like the biggest shit.
Speaker 3: Ever and it got canceled three times.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. The DVD demand is what brought people back to it, and then they had to bring it back because yeah, that's crazy. Shots a family Guy that was a fucking era and the Sopranos on DVD.
Speaker 3: Hey are you are you enjoying the new curve? I mean a final curve? I am.
Speaker 2: I already know what's gonna happen. It's gonna be like friends, or it's gonna be like Seinfel. He's gonna end up in jail.
Speaker 3: Larry's gonna end up in jail.
Speaker 2: I think it is all because he fucked his lawyer ship up with his boyfriend, with his boyfriend's husband.
Speaker 1: You think Larry's gonna end up in as old as he is, He's gonna end up in jail.
Speaker 2: Because his lawyer fucked up his his fucking plea deal. And why did his lawyer fuck up his PLEADEO because he was up all night arguing with his husband because Larry gave him shit about the name of the kid. And at the end, it's I feel like the end is gonna be just like I feel like he's gonna purposely do what he did with Seinfeld. Everyone's gonna get tied together at the end that don't fuck with him, and he's gonna end up in jail. He's gonna having to go sit down.
Speaker 1: I mean, isn't he going through the ship now anyway? Like because he gave that Lady's on water.
Speaker 2: In line, That's what I'm saying. He's gonna have to go to jail for that. That's crazy because he was gonna plete and then yeah it's and then he fucking yeah, I didn't see the one that just ran Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't see that yet.
Speaker 2: The last one I saw was where he had the spray paint in the back of his car and comp was like and they were painting dicks on on all the billboards.
Speaker 1: For all of you who don't know what we're talking about, we're talking about white people.
Speaker 2: I'm very sad that it's over. But he's he's old and you know, fucking I know, you know which his face.
Speaker 3: He couldn't even get out of the damn golf cart.
Speaker 1: I told my son because my eleven year old likes like curb your enthusiasm a lot, which would a eleven year old. I don't know, but in his acting class they were talking about yeah, and he was like, I know him, I watch him on and and and I'm sorry, but I did like prognosticate this to him, I said, I said, listen, bro, you see the fact that he in his garf cart and he don't get out of it, right. They just bringing him along because he can't He probably can't stand or walk, but they want him in.
Speaker 2: The whole season where they're arguing about who's in each other's will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's been presentiment that he was wont when will you die?
Speaker 3: Exactly? And he started that the first seaton.
Speaker 1: Look, we went back and started the first season when they looked crazy for sure.
Speaker 3: I don't know how many what twenty years ago or something. He was talking about dying.
Speaker 2: In not for sure? Rest in peace, Richard Lewis Man, Rest in peace, Richard lewis So you are you were a part of what would you say Weeds was your first big big break? Uh?
Speaker 1: Maybe swat Weed's probably Listen, it must be because to this day my main fan base comes from Weeds in Blue Mountain State, so like, if you know Paie Kennedy is because it's usually because of one of those two.
Speaker 3: That's where the cold following comes from.
Speaker 2: Right, And for people who don't know, Weeds is like probably the first like super successful showtime show. I would say, I don't know what else there was before Weeds that was like popping because we was before and we well, we I think Weeds was before Californication a little bit.
Speaker 3: I think he was running at the same time.
Speaker 2: Californication was fire shot David D.
Speaker 3: Keveney. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that she was.
Speaker 2: She was dope, and Homeland was fired too.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, Homeland was fire until it was goddamn eight seasons.
Speaker 2: Though, what I'm saying, once once they got rid of the one dude, once the brody guy died, I'm like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were struggling after that. But same with me and Weeds.
Speaker 2: Well, because no, no, you were like you like this lady's husband dies in the show. She's a suburban house mom, and then she turns into a weed dealer to kind of just help pay the bills essentially, and then it ends up she ends up kind of being like a weed fucking you know, uh, just a giant weed dealer, like a fucking what am I trying to say, Like a big dope dealer, you know. But you were like her plug, her first plug.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, because Rominy like the other black high on there, they went into it together.
Speaker 2: And they were fucking right. Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, I haven't watched the show in so long, and then you you knew that guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And then was it your mom, his mom, his auntie.
Speaker 2: His auntie Okay, yeah, so it was. It was It was definitely like old. That was like kind of like to me, the era of like TV changing a little bit, because before that, I feel like there wasn't a lot of like outside of the Sopranos and the few were like an HBO head and you watched Oz and The Wire and Ship, which I feel like the Wire got more popular after it got finished, yeah for sure. But I feel like like that Weeds era TV was like kind of the real first like binge popular like time where people were like yeah, and that was when the DVDs were popping. I remember my dad would buy all the like he'd be like Son Wins the new season Weeds come in and hell, long do you have to wait for it to come on DVD, but just get fucking showtime. I no, I got I can. I don't want to get shows. What was it like being a part of that show?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 1: As an actor, that probably was the show that I grew the most, you know, because like the first the first season, I came on season two, so I was there from season two and season three. And when I came on there, you know, I was like, I was good. I was doing my thing. But it wasn't until season three where like after the Mexican standoff happened at the finale, that's one of the coldest finales for sure that I can think of. At the season two that that that season finale, but where we are, nobody knows what was about to happen, you know, and we got to wait through the whole summer.
Speaker 2: To find out how.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, the.
Speaker 1: Hoopla for the U Turn character was so big that they made the decision to let the story go towards me, right, And so at this point I didn't really get to talk to Mary Luise Parker, like you don't even like look at her like like you do your scenes. But that's it, Like I didn't have a relationship with her. But then when season three came and it's just me and her, and she really got to see like I'm not just like I'm like for real, for real, like we are two titans going at each other. Her respect for me changed and we became like really close friends, you know what I'm saying, And so doing scenes with her specifically and also rominy because we had that fucking the little gun on the table thing, like oh here, this is what happened when we first came back. The first episode in season three, I got sick. So I was sick, so my energy was really low because I didn't feel good, and then my voice was kind of weird because you know that happens when you get see So when I'm doing my scenes, I learned the new color to.
Speaker 3: My acting that I didn't have before. I used to call it.
Speaker 1: The uh the the white TV voice is what I called it.
Speaker 2: It's like when they talking a whispering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like but like that's how they do on TV, like when they were bad guys.
Speaker 3: I never knew how to do that. I'd be on my couch.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that sounds stupid when I try to, but because my body forced me to slow down. That's why I was able to talk to her in a way where I was gonna rip her.
Speaker 3: Throat out and bury it.
Speaker 1: Well, my weed was buried, like I was able to do that and had a confidence to it, because normally I wouldn't have had a confidence. I'm trying to say my lines again, so I want to get in trouble or whatever, but my energy was so low that that's what was coming out, and she like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we got tight.
Speaker 1: And then you know, I found this new color to my acting that I didn't have before. You know what I'm saying, because there was no reason or calls for me to have it, And so I always would attribute weeds to that.
Speaker 2: You said that they were gonna bring it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they you know, they brought Dexter back.
Speaker 2: Right, And so it just didn't end up happening.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know why it went away, but you know that was the scuttle but that they were talking about bringing it back.
Speaker 3: And I was like, damn, how do they bring me back? You're dad Like I'm dead. Like maybe maybe I just show up in like dreams to like help her through.
Speaker 1: I mean, she still got me tattooed on her ass, and you know it's funny that white women would send me tattoos.
Speaker 3: You turned on the ass. That's how insane it was.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn, that shits Wow, crazy strange white women.
Speaker 1: And my DM was like, look what I got. I'm like, oh shit, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Another show you you did. I never was a Blue Mountain State watcher, but I'm obviously very aware of the show.
Speaker 3: I bet you a lot of your fucking people is watching. They were advt No.
Speaker 2: I know it's a huge show. I know he loves the show.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, right An Randell, you know what it is.
Speaker 2: But I never got into it.
Speaker 1: But you played the running back, right, No, that was the other black dude, This motherfucker here, I played the quarterback, right Don Randell, who came after the running back, so they had to running back in the season one and then.
Speaker 3: He had to go away, so then they replaced them with a quarterback.
Speaker 1: I heard it it might get brought back. I've been hearing. I have been hearing that that. I think they're working on trying to make that happen.
Speaker 2: Netflix or because I feel like shows get canceled and then someone will buy it, buy it, Like what was the Lucifer Show, right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and it went it was on Fox and then it went away blue or some ship no.
Speaker 2: With to Netflix and then they made new season.
Speaker 3: They made new seasons yep.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, but I've heard that that, like, because because when was the last season of that.
Speaker 3: Lucifer no Blue monster ship? I don't know. Fuck, long long time ago.
Speaker 1: Six Spike Spike, Yeah, we only had three seasons.
Speaker 2: Spike TV was an era where the fuck is Spike TV? I don't think it exists anymore?
Speaker 3: Damn. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine having a whole network and yo, shit just becomes defunct.
Speaker 2: Well, also imagine in twenty twenty four being like, we got a network and it's only for men. Oh, they'd be like cancel. They had like awards too, right, the Spike Awards.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I thought Spike was fly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wish somebody bring back the fucking Man Show. The Man Show that's Jimmy Kimmel, right and Corolla. Yeah, but that show could never exist these days. It literally ended with the chicks and bikinis jumping on a back trampoline, which was fucking amazing. The credits would roll and it would just be naked women on trampolines jumping up and down and their tits would be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, too many missing art to ever have a show like that.
Speaker 2: Would you say that you're more passionate about being an MC or passionate about acting.
Speaker 3: That's a good question, man, And you're in here with a wigg on right now. Oh.
Speaker 1: So the reason I have that on is because, like I'm an advt Shakespearean advocate, like that's what I went to school for us my favorite play, right, And so I'm working on this thing to get Shakespeare over to the culture and to younger people so that they actually care about it.
Speaker 3: And Lendon, well, hear me out and see what you think exactly. And that's why I'm trying to fix it.
Speaker 1: So so I'm I'm blending hip hop culture with Shakespeare, and I'm creating this thing called Shakespeare for you, right. And so the first season that we hope to have is called Macbeth and Compton. And so imagine Macbeth, which I'm sure you don't even know.
Speaker 3: What that is.
Speaker 2: I know about I know it's one of his famous players.
Speaker 1: Ill played on like just recently and got nominated for Oscar So Macbeth.
Speaker 3: He was a movie called yes, and the character's name is Macbeth.
Speaker 2: I think the last one I watched he was in got nominated Fences.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, Yeah, he was doping at But so it's so imagine Macbeth meets Snowfall, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And and so what.
Speaker 2: Happens is minus the tiger in the basement.
Speaker 3: Minus the Jesus please.
Speaker 2: They lost me as soon as that scene happened.
Speaker 1: So they just said no, snowfalls and ship great and wonderful until I said.
Speaker 3: Nope, Yeah that lost me. That was that was that was a big wild but no.
Speaker 1: So so we're gonna conjunicate those two together and just so that people that can understand the subtitles won't be like what we're saying.
Speaker 3: It will be like the regular words for you to understand what.
Speaker 2: It actually will be like. So you're gonna still do the.
Speaker 1: I'm still going to do the words. It's still going to be the exact Shakespearean words, but now subtitled for subtitle, like so they the City of God. Yeah, so instead of instead of now is the winter of our discontent, it will say now is the end of our bad times?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Romeo and Juliet with Leo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good because it made you understood it.
Speaker 2: That was a fire movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah you got it though, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Romeo and Juliet, you wouldn't hunt no, no regular Roman.
Speaker 3: Yeah you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't fuck with that, but you fuck with Leon, right. So that's what we're doing. We're putting it into a zeitgeist that you get and you understand, which is the mid nineties and the hip hop era, like like the death Row type of era. So imagine two pop and Snoop Dogg like as these characters that are in Macbeth. It's gonna be crazy, you know. And I want to bring that to the world. And every season will do a different play. So it's like twenty twenty two minute episodes that go out like per season. And and what is.
Speaker 2: The most popular Shakespeare is it Romeo and Juliet probably.
Speaker 3: Or Hamlet? No Hamlet?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 1: Maybe you know, neither one of those are my favorites. Like Richard, I never even heard of it. But but listen when I tell you, oh, so back to this. So this is what Macbeth looks like, like MC eight and Minister Society, you know, what I'm saying. During that during that time pace, that's my favorite. My favorite time is the nineties in LA.
Speaker 2: Like hip hop or just time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like movies hip hop.
Speaker 1: That is like because I'm in Detroit watching that and seeing ice Cube in wa like like Boys in the Hood, like all of that time period.
Speaker 3: It's so fascinating to me.
Speaker 2: And very like, you know, it's kind of like a snapshot of like a time that you know, for whatever reason, I don't if I ever get that back.
Speaker 3: You know, like you can't.
Speaker 2: It's you know, like obviously LA culture still heavily influential, and people still wear Chucks, and they still wear look.
Speaker 1: You got a socks hat on, and they used to wear the socks hat for sure.
Speaker 2: But it's like it's just like that time it was like it was so new to the rest of the world and like all these guys got fucking increased dickies and and the cars. It's just it was just new. And now with the Internet, everybody kind of has an idea about what everybody else is doing, so it's not as like the lawsy this whole theory just dropping of this new culture nobody knows about outside of California. Just dropped in the world's lap and you're like, oh shit, lowriders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hydraulic, Yeah, we didn't know about none of that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. It's hair, right, Jerry Curls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know, we didn't know about like any of that, and so so, so, okay, you're not a person who likes Shakespeare, but based off of what I just told you, is that something that.
Speaker 3: You would be interested in least seeing how that's done?
Speaker 2: I check it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see, and I hope that a lot of other like young.
Speaker 2: Sure, are you trying to get it funded or are you trying to find a production company to.
Speaker 3: Do it with?
Speaker 1: So I'm doing it with Terry Crews's production company. We are in this together, Terry Man.
Speaker 3: Legend. Yes, yes, indeed, that's.
Speaker 2: About a lot of deodoring.
Speaker 3: Old spice, old spice.
Speaker 1: You know, Terry and I we went to the same college. We played for the same college, Western Michigan Universe. Really yeah, I mean he obviously was before me, but legend, Yeah, Terry's a legend. And so yeah, we we're trying to make this happen, like hopefully you.
Speaker 2: Typecast to Terry Crews Man, I feel like he's always just like the real like lovable like Goofy Giant or the other thing, the scary one, scary one.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's going to be in this and this is gonna be interesting to see Terry you know, well hopefully.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that's dope. Shout out to Terry Crews. And so that's so that's why, that's why. Yeah, yeah, it makes sense. So would you say, if you could pick one or the other, acting or hip hop, what would it be?
Speaker 3: Oh, So that's what I was explaining.
Speaker 1: It's very difficult for me because hip hop is my first love and even now when people like give me laudations, I prefer it to come from the music because now when I hear somebody tell me, oh they love me in this movie, they love me.
Speaker 3: Used to that too, Like.
Speaker 1: I'm used to that, And I didn't fucking write that shit like me my music. I rodated that shit from the inception of it all the way through.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: It's about my life, it's my passion, and I got something to say that's important then, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like the Meg is like a movie, but it's like you just played a role in someone else exactly. So yeah, there's not a lot of substance there. It's got a fucking giant shark. It's like, yeah, thank you, thanks for watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I love it, don't get me wrong. And I can act for the rest of my life. I don't know if I can rap for the rest of my life. So so that's why that's such a tough question for me, because like I'm gonna act forever, I don't know if I'm want to be able to rap forever, you know what I mean. But my true passion is the music, because that's my therapy, that's my everything, Like the type of music that I make, Like I'm like the most diverse actor slash rapp in the world because I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not just like in one box. I do comedy as well as I do drama. I do Shakespeare like my music. No, that's I'm too pussy for that.
Speaker 3: But I serious in the world.
Speaker 2: I'm too you're gonna, You're gonna everybody goes up there and bomb they you have to bomb your way through it.
Speaker 1: I'm too sensitive. I'm too sensitive that so I can't do stand up. But far as the music, I do straight bars like battle raps, like socially conscious music, bops vibes, like storytelling, which is obviously my biggest thing, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's it's just the amalgamation of things that I have to offer in both places are at the same level. Usually, if you got an actor slash rapper, they do one better than the other. But me, like you know what I'm saying, I do both equally as good.
Speaker 3: I'm just ruminating right now.
Speaker 2: Ice c Ice Cubes pretty good at both. But Ice Cubes like all time great rapper. I don't think he's an all time great actor, but he's made some all time great movies.
Speaker 3: Right uh.
Speaker 1: And then you also got to think way better. You gotta think about way better. Who's doing it now both? Who's doing both things right now?
Speaker 3: Prevailing? You know there's t I there's Donald.
Speaker 2: Oh, Donald Glover. Listen. You gotta give it to Donald. Really, he rapped you think Donald Glo listen. I think if you go back and you listen to like because the Internet, and I just think I think Donald Glover is a very high level artist, creative, YEP, actor because even his last album, well that's one of my favorite albums to do. Sch Rooms too. That's such a fucking great album, the trip Ball, Like, dude, fucking yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: He's an incredible creative, you know when I watch his act then and and I think he definitely does his job.
Speaker 2: Did you like, Yeah, I thought it was really good. Yeah, And it was short, it was quick, and it was random as fuck.
Speaker 3: But it was like random, it was good.
Speaker 2: It was different, like the last episode at the theme park was just Trippi at fuck, but I fucked with it.
Speaker 1: Auditioned for that show, I think, auditioned for one of the cops in the first episode.
Speaker 3: And then they didn't even have the cops be black. The cops were white. Yeah, and they weren't even like, like what I did is not even like what right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a good show since's but he wasn't acting. He literally played himself, right, So it's different, But I mean it's not different. You gotta also kind of be like you could play yourself, but you also got to kind of know how to get lines off and like make it believable and not be awkward on camera exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, you know, somebody I want to mention that I personally really fuck with actor Slash rapper wise, that's like doing both.
Speaker 3: Now is is Joy Badass?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 1: I think Joey Badass is a dope MC. And then he's such a dope actor, like and he has range facts. See I care about like range.
Speaker 2: Because he was on he did the Wu Tang Ship, he did the is Any on one of the Power spinoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's on the Raisin Kane and he killed listen. He's so good. I study him.
Speaker 2: I would be honest with you. I'm such chump, you're what fan of the Wire that when I try to get into Power, this ship was just a little too like, uh, it was just a little too unbelievable for me. I got like three episodes in and I was like, you know what, I'm gonna sit it out.
Speaker 3: And you exited from all of the Power universes.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched one of my best you know, one of my best friends in the world is Freddy Gibbs. He was in one of those spinoffs and I never.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Freddy Gibbs was in Hest Crazy. Yeah, he was in Power Force. I nevert he did a good job. No, he's a good actor.
Speaker 2: He was in another show that was on Peacock that he played a casino manager. It was a that was two years ago. He did, he did agree. He's a good actor. He just he just had a movie on Netflix, Down with the King, which is really good. But yeah, I think, like, you know, I feel like acting and rapping is you know, there's there's there's got to be some even if it's like five percent common ground, Like you've got to be vulnerable in front of strangers. Right to me, that's the hardest part is like and when I think about acting or even stand up, like we were talking about, it's like the ability to not be awkward in front of people while doing art.
Speaker 3: Well. You know.
Speaker 1: The crazy thing about that is I think that I could be awkward in front of like a lot of people, like, which is one of the reasons like I you know, I don't think I do well and like just random public speaking, Like if you put me in a room, I can be like fun, silly, wait, but like if you put me on the stage and I just got to talk to people, like that's not something that's written, I would be matt uncomfortable with that. But like as an actor, you know, you got mad takes. Like if I mess up, then I could do it again, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I mean it's kind of tough to do as a rapper, but.
Speaker 2: But even like fucking up and takes like you got hell of fools around you, the director, you got your co stars.
Speaker 3: Oh they in the brain like and then in.
Speaker 2: My head, I'm thinking like, damn, I'm annoying the co star because they got their uns right now.
Speaker 3: They got I barely got some lines. This mother got a whole monologue.
Speaker 2: So I'm saying, it's like.
Speaker 3: You can't do it. You know, would you do skits? Would you? Like?
Speaker 2: Yes? So that is something I thought about doing. Not skits, but I fuck with the like Shane Gillis and his partner, they do these like SNL style skits on YouTube, and I was just thinking, like me and my co host James Andre Jefferson JUNR on the radio show.
Speaker 1: He shot out the James, yeah funny, super funny guy, and so we were thinking, like, yo, we should start kind of like writing like real small like three to five minutes skits.
Speaker 2: Getting pure spaces is just filming them, but having them be like fucking super fucked, like just like some dark comedy shit. Just see what happens. Just for fun.
Speaker 1: I think y'all should because listen, like I said, like James is fucking that dude.
Speaker 2: We always we got great ideas, but a lot of the ideas that we have are like, you know, they're pretty sad.
Speaker 3: You can't even say it.
Speaker 2: No, not just like playing there was a squirrel, right nah, like just playing with a lot of the like shit that's like super sensitive right now, like and just like making fun of it, you know, right right right right, like, yeah, we got some ideas. Sorry, guys, we had an audio function malfunction. Let's just jump ahead. We're talking about his mixtape. Oh yeah, Logic's on it. Logic shout out to Logic. Logic got an adupe movie that he wrote that he's a movie fanatic. He's always had all of obviously he's a big Tarantino guy. And I feel like all his albums have some sort of theme to them.
Speaker 3: So and he's smart and he's funny, and.
Speaker 2: He's written a book. Was a supermarket yep. Yeah, so he's got He showed you it is like did you see a movie?
Speaker 3: No, I read it.
Speaker 2: You read it? You read the script?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I read this, And I don't even like reading scripts.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I know that's sound crazy like for an actor, not like reading scripts, and someone would like a stellar vocabulary. It is myself not like reading, but I don't, but I read. I read his script. Well, I kind of read the script. I use this thing where Snoop Dogg read it to me. There's a there's a there's a there's this app that you can get where it'll read to you and other people's voices. So Snoop Dogg is one of the voices that you can choose. I gotta I gotta look at it on my phone. But it's it's so far. I hear Snoop, he Snoop. You know, I'm reading logic script in your voice.
Speaker 3: It's like, yo, cuz, let me tell you something real quick.
Speaker 1: Like like it was dope, but the script is fire man. Yeah, So Logic is on my project. So I have ten. I have ten projects. I have I have five, you know, like regular albums, and then I got like five mixtapes straight bars mixtapes, and at the end the last song on each mixtape has a posse track with only Incredible MC's and you know, I got Crooked Eye l ZI Mix, Mickey Facts Rays, the five nine three D nine t Uh Cassidy King los Uh and on this most recent one is Chris Rivers Mickey Facts.
Speaker 3: So Rock who's super dope and logic is on on that one.
Speaker 1: So you know, I just want to showcase Spinners because I don't I don't want like listen. We got the fun music, we got the lip music, the ship that like my son's like that. It's all important, Yeah, but we also need to hear somebody that actually took their time to fucking write a bar as opposed to.
Speaker 2: This freestyle or an Instagram caption exactly when someone disses you directly and you right two Instagram captions in a week instead of replying.
Speaker 1: I think he's referring to some light skinned guy who's the.
Speaker 2: Most disappointed or whatever. It's been seven days and we got two ig captions and a rant on stage.
Speaker 1: Because he thinks he's like, bro, I'm I'm I'm busy like on tour.
Speaker 2: Oh he gave Drake that or he gave Meek Mill that action though like he did right away.
Speaker 3: Damn he had time today back.
Speaker 2: To back too, literally back to back.
Speaker 1: I know that's funny. Hey, he took too long for that. I remember when that beef was going on. I actually made Charged up. Remember he put Charged Up out and then it went away and I redid charge charged up in Drake's.
Speaker 2: Voice because charged that was very very uh, it was like kind of this. But then back to Back was the back to back ship. So then I did that and then I was like, I was like, yo, Meek's done. I really thought Mik was over with. I mean, and he's kind of might be, but you know, he's a good guy, nice guy. He's Meek Mill. He's a legend, you know. But I think it helped when him and Drake because Dream Chasers four came out and it was really good. Yeah, but people acted like it wasn't really good, and I was like, yo, this dream Chase is forced. It's hard, but everybody still had that beef stench and then they squashed their beef. And I feel like it kind of helped everything.
Speaker 3: Don't he has something now or something?
Speaker 2: He just dropped the eph a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, yeah, shot to Meek shout out to meet. But I would like to see Drake or I think Cole.
Speaker 3: I think people really want to hear from Cole.
Speaker 2: I at least can appreciate that Cole hasn't put up passive, aggressive Instagram captions instead of replying because Cole, I think is gonna I think. I don't think Drake's gonna reply. I think he'll reply in like six months on a guest verse.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be subtle.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be super subtle. I think Cole is gonna reply.
Speaker 1: I don't think Cole's going I think I think Cole.
Speaker 2: Wants that smoke?
Speaker 3: Does he?
Speaker 1: Cole should want the smoke because he's been rapping better than everybody else going on. Everybody needs to show why he didn't. Didn't Kendrick say that. He was like, let's see, let's see if he really want these problems because because Coben.
Speaker 2: The thing about Colon Kendrick is they're they're so you know, they were they recorded and they were supposed to a joint album together, and I look at both of them in the same light in terms of, like, they don't do goofy ship. They're both top tier artists, they don't like, they don't do any like cloudy weirdo ship. So I was just like a little intrigued by Kendrick. I think Kendrick took first person shooter as like a direct shot towards him, towards him.
Speaker 3: So I think so that's why he did that.
Speaker 2: I mean it has to be I liked. I mean, listen, I hope Cole if we could get some sort of random like Cole Kendrick. I don't think Drakes were playing, but if it was like a Cole Kendrick like Cold War for like a year, it would be fire.
Speaker 1: You you really think Cole is gonna because what what he What is he going to do? I think outlasting the whole song?
Speaker 2: Think. I think cal is a killer for sure. I think he will. I think he's working on it right now.
Speaker 1: I think he can. He does, think he has the ability. I just don't know if I think Drake shaking in his boots, I don't think. I don't think Drake wants to smoke because I think Drake knows when he's out matched, which is why he didn't reply to push your Tea. I think he knows when he's outmatched. I think he's really good at the cute little like light jabs.
Speaker 3: Or if they stopped.
Speaker 1: Him from replying to push your t they said, J course, that's what they say. They said that this is going to be go too far? Isn't that what JA Prince said that he had did it?
Speaker 2: That's a that's a very cute excuse, because who's gonna say, J Prince, you're it's a cute excuse. Push a t came at you so crazy, fucked up your sneaker, rollout exposed your son, talked about your man forty and didn't get nothing back.
Speaker 3: Drake, he's formenting you.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Drake. I think Drake's an all time great. I love his music, but I want him to like you. He wants to be like dog if you're supposed to be the greatest of all time like people. Some people say, I don't say that, but some people say it, bro, now's your time have your jay z Nas moment.
Speaker 3: But it's against Kendrick.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure people said to Hove, it's Nas. You don't want that. And you know what he did? He signed up.
Speaker 1: I feel like Jay and Nis were more commensurate than then Drake.
Speaker 2: No, I think Drake is a Kendrick. I think Drake is a top tier lyricist, so do.
Speaker 3: I, but not like Kendrick is Kendrick and Cole ik.
Speaker 1: Kendrick is a god level rapper, right, I feel like I know if Drake is a god level rapper. I think he's a super dope rapper and he's clever, and he keep that same fucking uh pocket that he wraps in.
Speaker 2: But Kendrick is different.
Speaker 3: Man. Yeah, Kendrick, you don't know where he coming from.
Speaker 2: Kendrick fucking with the White Walkers and fucking Game of Thrones, bro, Like, you just don't know how to kill him or exactly how do we kill this dish is crazy?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: He turned the dragon and do a fucking white Walker? What are we supposed to do here?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: And then you know, Drake's like, fucking uh you know, uh. Who's a nice comparison that gave his throats to Drake is he's He's like the kid who got poisoned, the young kid no Ei, the one who jumps out the window.
Speaker 3: Remember, Yeah, oh for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was interesting. Speaking of shows that we're talking about, the shitty endings, shitty endings.
Speaker 1: You thought Game of Thrones at a shitty ending the whole season or just that one episode.
Speaker 2: I hated the fact that they killed the white Walker so fast. It was like that to me, that war should have went on like a half a season. The whole fucking show led up to that.
Speaker 1: And I mean it was one episode of just fighting that was pretty intense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they just and then Kalisi's turning, He'll turn was too quick all of a sudden, this bitch was just terrible. I'm like, we loved her all, like, you gotta slowly build up to like her becoming like a villain, and they just it was like a one episode He'll Turn. It was like such a slow, methodical show up until the end, and then they just hit fast forward on a bunch of bullshit and then it was weak. Shout out to the Game of Thrones.
Speaker 3: Shurst out the Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: Great show though, oh, he said, shout out the Game of Thrones like the first ones until the finale came. Look, I enjoyed finale because I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan. I watched it four times, so it's a great show. I'm biased. Oh, it's a great show. I didn't I haven't watched.
Speaker 3: Wait, are you a breaking bad fan?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 3: Better?
Speaker 2: Cass all you know what's so crazy because my wife hasn't decided to actually sit down and watch Better Call Saw with me. I have listen. I watched the first four episodes.
Speaker 3: Man, that's not enough.
Speaker 1: Just as good and Breaking Bad is the greatest show ever.
Speaker 2: Not the Wire. Maybe it's not the Wire, but it's number two.
Speaker 3: You think the Wire is better than Breaking Bad?
Speaker 2: House way, it's the Wire, then it's Breaking Bad. It's those two though, it's the Wire, then it's Breaking Bad.
Speaker 3: Me is Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones one a.
Speaker 2: See. I I would agree with you about Game of Thrones had it not ended terribly.
Speaker 1: But what I'm telling you is Better Call Saul is right there because they have a character that was not in Breaking Bad.
Speaker 3: His wife, her name is rio Seahorn.
Speaker 1: This is the baddest motherfucking actress on TV.
Speaker 3: Like, she is incredible and she wasn't on Breaking Bad.
Speaker 2: You got to hang out with the Jason Stadium guy house he is he a.
Speaker 1: The Jason Stateum guy. Yeah, man, Jason Jason. That guy's amazing, bro. Like he's awesome. He's an awesome person.
Speaker 2: He plays He kind of plays the same guy in every movie.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 2: It's like him and Liam Neeson exactly.
Speaker 1: I've been watching Liam Neeson he's like, he's always I'm going to get you. Like Jason, though, Jason is incredible. I just watched I went to see The Beekeeper twice. That's how much ass he kicks in the beat?
Speaker 3: Good? Hell, yeah it was good. I got yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jason Stathum is the man. I fuck with him. Did you see the Mad too? You didn't see the Mago with that?
Speaker 3: How dare you can't?
Speaker 2: I didn't see the Meg one.
Speaker 1: If you saw the Meg two, your energy towards me would be different.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: There's just there's just certain movies and I'm like, you know, like Jurassic Park.
Speaker 3: No, actually, your wife doesn't make you watch.
Speaker 2: No, I've seen the first Jurassic Parks and I watched the first new one. But then after that, I was like, I've seen enough. And then I heard how terrible the last one was. I like the ride, you know, universal solid, you know?
Speaker 3: But what though, why you ain't telling this man about the may.
Speaker 2: Yeah? When I saw him, he watched everything, which you matter, a big guy shark whatever, I get it.
Speaker 1: I know what happened. You like Jason Stathum, Right, You've never seen him fucking fighting. You only see him fighting Peterson. I like Jason Statum, I like, but I'm not like, oh, you're not a sick of fan of Jason.
Speaker 2: If he's in a movie, I'm not like, oh, we got a watch.
Speaker 3: Now, who's your favorite action hero then?
Speaker 1: If not him, John Wick, John, Oh yeah he can't run, but hey John John with four stop playing before him. I saw at three times in a movie theater the Stairs.
Speaker 2: I like the Mission, Oh yeah, that'shit's crazy. The stairs scene is fucking insane.
Speaker 3: Bruh.
Speaker 2: The I like the Mission Impossibles with Tom.
Speaker 3: Cruise, Tom Cruise a beast.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it. I mean I enjoyed them. I enjoyed the Daniel Craig Double Seven's okay.
Speaker 3: But but who stands out? Who?
Speaker 1: Who's on the summit of your action hero actors ever?
Speaker 2: For me personally, No, I think The Rock's overrated. I'm gonna go Arnold Sylvester.
Speaker 3: Oh so he picked Commando over Rambo. So would I know?
Speaker 2: I said Arnold and Silvester I'd loved like True Lives was fucking fire. Then I'll go just because of John Wick Keanu Reeves, because to me, that's the best action series ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, camp listen, bro he and he the Matrix too, like you gotta put him up there.
Speaker 2: And then I'll probably go Asian Jackie Chan. Jackie Chan I loved like Rumble in the Bronx and all those like early Jackie Chan movies where the lips weren't matching, the fucking words were sucking my ship when I was a kid. He's doing his own stunts. Yeah, that's pretty your team get all fucked up like hed getting hitting the stomach that was real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty dope. That's pretty dope.
Speaker 1: And especially like me being in action movies and knowing like how how like heroin something that, Like I almost drowned in the Meg too, Like you don't imagine being in the movie that you do?
Speaker 2: They even make like sharks for that or is it all because back in the day they'll have a.
Speaker 1: Look at this the Mega, so goddamn big. Everywhere you look is the Meg. So so what.
Speaker 2: They killed the first Meg and they resurrected it for part two?
Speaker 3: That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: No, the first Meg was killed and then there was like a boat and then another one came and.
Speaker 3: Ate that one. So it's multiple. It's a bunch. There's three of creatures.
Speaker 1: In the bottom of this uh under the thumber clin So it's.
Speaker 3: Not just the show.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be part three then, so I mean a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Black man, I'm the only one.
Speaker 2: It was me and huh did Jason Statium die?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm saying I'm the only black guy to survive to multiple Shark Shark movies because he survived.
Speaker 3: But they ain't have a part too, So I'm the only one.
Speaker 2: What was that d Blue c Yep?
Speaker 1: They got sound is like a Sharks fan. They got Oh, I got a song in it too good. I got a song called Chomp that that plays the end credits of the of the meg too. Go streaming, Yeah, go streaming and watch the videos like a Shark fan.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have this guy do a freestyle. Yeah, separate YouTube video, Yeah, Detroit. How do they find their your music? Obviously Spotify everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yes, everywhere, everywhere, Page Kennedy everywhere, and and and Unlike a lot of rappers, I got visuals to the majority of my raps. Like I said, I got ten projects and I got like sixty music videos like high high end on high end music videos.
Speaker 2: Any movies or shows coming out.
Speaker 1: I was in the Afon Crockett joint, a hip hop story that just came out. I got a movie with a little Reil and Rain Wilson coming out called Cold three.
Speaker 3: And Yeah, I got like one more joint that's coming.
Speaker 2: Be on the lookout, go support the music and watch the freestyle he's about to do. Yeah, boom fire