Speaker 1: I got a story, can I tell you? Yeah.
Speaker 2: It takes me like two minutes. Sorry, guys, I'm at Rutgers University.
Speaker 3: Let's go, kids, go baby, My buddy goes.
Speaker 2: My buddy goes, hey, listen, well, I'm going online to look for tickets. Maybe if I get them, we'll go like great, whatever, buy them one hundred and twenty five bucks. I'm like, steal Fleacher creatures. We get there, the guy takes the tickets. He goes I'm like, oh no. He's like, let me just try them down.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 2: He's like, God, these aren't These aren't tickets for these games. I'm like, stop it, bro, we got jipped one hundred and twenty five bucks in college. You're like, no, no, no, He's like, hold on, let me see, dude. These are Game seven tickets. I'm like, oh my god, screaming left and right profanities to my buddy. I said, what are you doing. There's gonna be no Game seven blah blah blah. Guy sees us yelling. He goes, yo, buddy, I got two tickets for you.
Speaker 1: What do you need? I said, talk to me. You know.
Speaker 2: We start scooting, scattle and talking about what we have to do. I'm like, bro, I got sixty bucks, take it or leave it.
Speaker 1: You know me.
Speaker 2: You bring me to a farmer's mark, you give me twenty bucks, I'll get sixty things and bring home next thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: He goes deal, I give you, give me sixty, give me sixty, one hundred and twenty bucks for two tickets. They win Game six, I said, dude, we're coming back Game seven. We saw both games. Pretty cool, Boston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean pretty cool to see both games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the history of it and you got a little two for.
Speaker 1: One when we were in the bleacher seats, which was you know.
Speaker 3: But were they devastated? What were they devastated?
Speaker 1: Oh the whole Yeah it was bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was bad, and you were they were witnessing history.
Speaker 2: But I mean, listen, thinking back on it though, like how we got there and everything else. I know, we just went through everything. And now Claudia is gonna kill me right now for all this. But it was pretty cool. Sorry, that's cool.
Speaker 3: It's worth it.
Speaker 1: But it's only Boston's been the only one.
Speaker 4: This is this is what Scott said. Kids. There might not be language, but you still got to go to class. Kids, Okay, enjoy college Todd went to class. He almost got his degree.
Speaker 1: It was at night. I didn't have any night classes those two days.
Speaker 3: You can't all tell your parents I'm going pro. It doesn't matter because I have some unfortunate news. For those of you that think you're going pro, you have a shot, but it's unlikely. Most don't make it. I'm just being real working Cratzy.
Speaker 1: Tell them keep working, baby, all.
Speaker 3: Right, let's reset ready, down three zero and a best of seven. Forty of forty one have taken the series. If they've got the lead, how many sweeps out of those forty one three zero opportunities?
Speaker 1: Closest wins an arena club card?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna say, man, say twenty.
Speaker 3: Three thirty one out of forty one I win the card closest to Are you surprised Kratz that the Dodgers are going to take down the Brewers in four games?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not surprised about that. I'm talking about history.
Speaker 3: I'm tying it into what we're talking about right now. But chances are show Heyo Tani's able to shut the door on the series and they'll have a week's vacation.
Speaker 4: This is not this is this couldn't be working out better for the Dodgers. I mean, how many teams go to the fourth game, and I mean think about our game four last night. Max Shur's are like, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know, you know, maybe you get maybe you get three innings out of them.
Speaker 4: That would be good. Four would be elite, Like you're going in like doomsday kind of thinking. And the Dodgers are like, well, actually, we're just gonna take show Hey to his pitch count because it's show heyo Tani. That's like, that's how deep this Dodgers team is. And they look unstoppable.
Speaker 1: Even winning a three to one game, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It just it just seems like, I don't know the Brewers, you know, they had some they had a little bit of life that they didn't do much. But at the same time, it just seems like one good inning for this Dodger team's putting everybody away, and everybody talks about their pen and everything else. Guys are coming and they're coming in what is it three games against the brewis was four runs they've given up? I could be off maybe right, right, Kratzy Yeah in times right, Yeah, four runs in three games. It's great, crazy, absolutely crazy. You know, I get I give credit. I give credit to them. They're they're just and it's different players too, which is even better. So you know, we talked about guys that need to get hot. He saw a guy like Tommy Edmund struggling and all of a sudden getting a big knock. So we can dive all the way into this. But it people thought that Dodgers were like, oh man, look at the San Diego is going to catch them. And during the season, you know how it went back and forth, and I'm sitting there, I'm like, doesn't matter. They're winning this by three, four, five games and they'll be just fine. So it's fun to watch.
Speaker 3: We got a comment from CCB in the chat, it's got I think the difference with the Red Sox comeback is they had Pedro and chilling. The Brewers don't have that bingo. I completely agree. When you look at the Brewers in this series, you're like, how did they get this far? With all due respect, how did they get this far? Smoking mirrors, pitching going on here and the bullpen's good, but.
Speaker 2: They crushed the division. I thought they were in their division. They did pretty well. I mean, I don't know, man, I like Cratzy take most of this. I mean, they have some ballplayers, nobody that's gonna blow you. I mean, Cherio is really good ballplayer. You know, Nobody, all these names that you have there, they're not going to be like, Wow, yeah this this guy is gonna take over games. Like, yeah, they're gonna do well. But at the same token, they're just they're an okay ball club. Let's just be honest. They're okay against when it comes to a team like the Dodgers. Okay, So don't take words out of them when it plays teams like a Dodgers or you know, a Toronto or a Seattle team like the best of the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just okay.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna read some Twitter posts that are now commenting on what you just said. Todd okay hates the Brewers. What about what about our what about our starting rotation? What about the fact that we won ninety seven games? What about the fact that in this series Bryce terrang Christian Yelich two of their key lefties in their lineup, and they've been facing besides Blake SNeW, they're gonna have faced three right handed starters like guys that you're like, Okay, these guys got to step up. Haven't been stepping up. King Vaughan has not been that guy, Like, they haven't stepped up offensively. But I'll kind of double down on what I said last night postgame, because I think a lot of people on Twitter mistook what I said saying that, oh, it's because of the opener that they're losing, and they've scored one run in two games and two runs in another game, Like no, no, no, no, that's not why I'm saying they're losing. The pitchers have done a great job for them for the most part. They've done a great job overall. But the fact that you go into a playoff series and you go, Okay, we're gonna look at our leaders. We're gonna look at our manager, We're gonna look at our front office. We're gonna look at our coaches. We're gonna even look at our superstars. Who looks nervous. Well, Christian Yellis doesn't look nervous. I know he's not doing well. Bryce Terrang doesn't look nervous. Okay, so now we're gonna look at our front office and manager. Oh well, they must not think our starters are good enough, so we gotta we're like concocting a new way of getting these outs. I guess there's something we gotta be nervous about, because there's gotta be something. You're supposed to play all these games like it's any other game. And I'm not saying the Openers have lost them the game. I'm saying the idea that, well, we gotta play this differently. We gotta play these games differently. By starting an opener is forward facing for all the players to see like there must be something different instead of you know what, We're just gonna go out and play our game. Glass and now is gonna walk us. We're gonna take our walks, We're gonna steal bases, We're gonna get base hits up the middle. We're gonna do things that we've done all year because our entire environment looks exactly the same. Besides the adrenaline that I'm feeling, and that's why I said, the Openers just maybe put some little psyche in a really good team's head. I disagree with Todd. I don't think they're just okay. I think they're a really good team. You don't win ninety seven games in the big leagues without being a really good team. I don't care if you're in the central or not.
Speaker 3: Can I interest you in surf Shark VPN, which allows you to mask certain parts of your surfing around the web. Or let's say you're somewhere and you're like, I don't need this app to know where I am twenty four to seven that pops up on your phone all the time. Surf Shark can help you out.
Speaker 4: With that privacy and protection. I love it.
Speaker 3: Surf Sharp keeps your online activity private and you can appear in a different location. That's where you can get help with the online services or apps that are constantly asking you where you are. Change or hide your virtual location and surf safely with surf Shark VPN. So go to surf shark dot com, slash valor use code falla checkout to get four extra months of surf Shark VPN. A risk free, thirty day money back guarantee is there for you and you can secure your digital life with surf Shark VPN by hitting the link below for an extra four months of surf Shark. Don't let online threats catch you off guard. This has been your tech update, keep your data safe, and take control of your online security with surf Shark. They're not peaking at the right time, though. There were times when I talked about this last night, they had too many starters and they trade away a guy who's a four or five starter because they don't have room for him in the rotation. They're not in that spot right now, so that's part of it. By the way, that was an epic clapback because there were a lot of people like, Oh, that's all they're losing. You just can't hit yet, No kidding, we're aware of that. We did a thirty five minute post game show last night. Do you want us to just go on the show and say, well, welcome to FT Live postgame brewers can't hit and we'll see you tomorrow. Give you something else you want the player perspective. If Kratz is on a team right now and they're like, hey, you know what we did in the regular season, wipe that. We're not as good as this team, so we're gonna do totally different things, how do you think that affects the confidence of the current ball club. It makes sense.
Speaker 4: Somebody asked me. Somebody asked me for the first playoff game, I was going to start in because I played in a game. I came in. I didn't start. But when I started the first playoff game, they go, are you nervous? And I was like nervous for what they were like for the game, like are you nervous? I was like, I got a lot of adrenaline going yes. But they said, they said, well, aren't you nervous once you get out there? I was like, once I get out there, that's the calm time. If you asked me to go play left field in the first game of the playoffs, this guy would be nervous. I would definitely be nervous. Essentially, you're trying to take away.
Speaker 6: Any kind of nerves or anything awkward or different from that's different from the regular season because you've done it one hundred and sixty two times, you've done your practice, you take ground balls every single day.
Speaker 4: Now you add a little wrinkle into it. Maybe that affects some of these guys that are like control the zone really well hitting and now they're going out of the zone. And for people who say askcrew you, they just stink. I'm like, okay, well, you're probably not listening. For people who want to hear the players perspective, it has to be an environment where you're able to just harness that adrenaline and then take it to the promised Land. Because they got all the way here, they should do everything exactly the same.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, Let me bring up one other component. I agree with everything you said. I think one of the most underrated tweets during the whole postseason that got barely any love is from Mark Kurigg, who writes for The Athletic for years and is an editor there now. He said, man, did every player in this postseason not get a scholarship offers? Slash scouted, slash drafted? And this wasn't a knock on Joe Davis. He was more knocking like the baseball storylines. He said. Every time Joe Davis starts reading a player's bio, it begins with he went to three Zephyr Hills Junior College in South Dakota and didn't get any looks until he started on the local poultry factory team. Here comes the two to one. It's so good. It's so good, right it does? You get some of that with the Brewers, You get some of that with the Blue Jays, of course, which is what they're covering right now on the Toronto side. I guess there's a little withit that seattle like Leo Revas.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: Anyway, the point I'm bringing up here is there are neglected players on the evil Empire, which is the Dodgers. Now, by the way, the Dodgers draft and develop, well, they're able to find, scrap keep guys. They do all that, right, But what they also do is take legendary franchise players and say, hey, the team that had you first easily could have kept you, and decided not to you. They are stupid. Welcome to the Dodgers. High Mookie Betts. The Red Sox easily could have kept you. You said it yourself on this show. They kept shorting you. Hi, Freddy Freeman. The amount that you guys had a difference with Atlanta versus Freddy and his representation is about how much they make in one or two home games during the regular season. Right, you got any more you'd like to add on for ut Crafts, I just wanted to start with the foundation.
Speaker 4: Oh, Tyler Glass now could have stayed where he was because he wasn't able to because of his health issues. He wasn't able to command a massive contract, so he could have stayed with the race. Blake Snell, we all know what his drama happened. He didn't have to go like, what do you get one hundred and seventy million? And I think it was deferred, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he can afford that contract. And most teams the off season before said, and this was him coming off a brilliant year, right, they were like, nah, not worth it.
Speaker 4: Well that he was coming off a slow start because he missed spring training and then he ended up figuring it out. But the year before is when he came off of the brilliant year and everybody said, I'm nervous. Okay, well you know who's not nervous. The team is sitting three to zero right now, and people are gonna complain it's all about the money, all about the salary cap, all that stuff. Every one of these players was available, They were available to be had. Max Munsey was taken years ago off the DFA scrap heap. It's about believing in the players that you have, believing in the system that you have. And now they've built this thing that they have in LA that guys want to come to. So now you know what sucks for the rest of baseball is you're gonna have to pay me more to go somewhere else. If the Dodgers offered me, to say money, why would I not want to go play for the Dodgers? Why would I not want to listen to Key k Hernandez say, I have offers from other teams, but I told my agent, really, the only place I want to go is la.
Speaker 3: Very true Mike drop Krafts was on fire this segment. Yeah, if you agree, please comment as you're watching. Yeah, and coming up next we'll get a heat check on Kevin Pollar, who's been on fire talking about what's going to happen in the alcs. But first, arenaclub dot com slash foul. Use the code foul for twenty percent off your first slab pack or card purchase. We talk about them all season long. If you're into buying, selling, trading cards, ripping packs, this is the spot to do it. Hey, we're back Jackson Cheerio. I wanted to ask you guys about him. Have you ever seen that situation pop up on the broadcast? They were like, oh, he's cramping and we were talking before our postgame show like, is that a cramp that looks bad? And then he hops off and he said, yeah, it actually was a cramp and he's back in most likely for the next game. We don't have official word, but most likely playing. Have you ever seen that the hop off?
Speaker 2: I've never seen it now, but there's been crazier things.
Speaker 3: Kratz has a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 2: Can't I can't see it. No, but yeah, it's something different. You've never seen him. I mean, get some electric likes inion and keep going. I think I think you got to find a way to fight through that.
Speaker 3: If it was tour it doll, what are they giving them these days? What do they pop them with? What do you got crats?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think he don't need no tour do doll for h It's an NFL game. It's just the playoffs. Nobody's really trying in the playoffs. Bro, Like, oh, I'm surprised. I'm surprised he came out. But think about the fact that if he's never cramped up before, maybe he thought this was the worst thing in the world. Think about, like, I've never seen anybody cramp up and just be like, hmm, that kind of feels bad. I'm still cramping right now. No, Everyone's like, ah, what the kid, Oh it's terrible. Yeah, so coming out of the game, I don't know that'll be true. Real question.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't you feel like post series it's gonna come out like, oh, he was in much worse shape than could you think?
Speaker 1: Definitely could.
Speaker 3: We said cramp, But by cramp we meant he reaggravated the pull or whatever. No, you don't think so crasps. I don't think it was just amp. Then it went away.
Speaker 4: Not on your back leg. Oh, it clearly didn't go away.
Speaker 5: I mean he was hopping, hopping off the field, but he couldn't bend his leg.
Speaker 4: That's why I thought. In the postgame show, I thought it was a cramp, And you guys are like, no way, and I'm like, okay, well whatever. But to me, I think, yeah, you want to stay. You gotta want to stay in that game any way possible. And the right leg. I've seen the right I've seen guys pull their hamstring on their front leg hitting, never on their back leg. I've gotten a cramp swinging on my back leg before I've I've done it hot summer game, right leg right hand me cramps up. You're like, oh, oh, don't like that. Something bit me.
Speaker 3: He sizzling today. They need chero by the way, they're best bat.
Speaker 4: Right now, he'll be back.
Speaker 3: This episode of foul Territory is brought to you by Fox one. Fox one is now live stream all of your Fox favorites together in one place, from MLB postseason games to the NFL on Fox to Big Noon Saturdays. With Fox one, you get it all live. Start your seven day free trial today. Offers are subject to change. Go to Fox one for complete terms and conditions. We have the website in the description of this episode. It's Fox one. It's streaming now for the baseball fans here on fteen. We know you love baseball. If you're listening to the show, you get LCS games right and the entire World Series every year is on Fox. So if you don't have normal cable or you can't get the channel, Fox one is the solution for you. Now the app that solves it all again. Go to Fox one and start a seven day free trial to see for yourself how money it is. Oh wow, Kevin Pollard dressed looking fantastic. Damn KP look good. You clean up nice all right, So.
Speaker 7: I got everyone fooled. I got everyone fooled.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is good. I like that nice tailored little pocket square matching the tie nicely beauty beauty. All right, So you can of course catch KP all over the TV's up in Toronto and up in Canada, I should say, But for now, we get ten minutes to talk this out. And it's not just Q and A. Let's just kick it around, okay, But KP. I want to start here because I remember a two oh series lead for the Seattle Mariners and you said things are about to get funky. Good call. Blue Jays won the next two. How does it get funky from here as the best of three?
Speaker 7: It doesn't.
Speaker 8: It doesn't get funky anymore. I think the series is over. Hey Todd, it's great to see you. But I was really looking forward to seeing a j today too, because he gave me great advice when I get into this media uh business, that you gotta be your authentic self. You gotta tell the truth. Some people are not gonna like what you said. And I took his advice and I said what I said, and I got buried by a lot of Seattle fans call me a homer blah blah blah, But that was my honest opinion. That's how I really felt, and and it's coming true right now. But to answer your question, I think the funkiness is gone. I think it's over.
Speaker 4: Finished. Wow, I'm changing my lock for the for after the game.
Speaker 3: K K, Well, give us more crats like we did a show. Yeah, Okape, what do you think? Why do you say that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I'm just watching this offense and it's just relentless. It's one through nine, and yeah, we could talk about Vladie what he's doing, but it's every single person every night contributing their quality of their at bats.
Speaker 7: I've never seen anything like it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: I even went back and watched old playoff games that I was a part of and I played in, and I'm like, there was holes in those lineups.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: I was one of those holes.
Speaker 8: I could have my day where I could go out and get my couple hits, but the quality of my bats throughout the po layoffs, we're just so up and down one through nine, no matter who they're putting in there, whatever button Schneider puts in, Like last night, he decides, you know what, santan Terra's.
Speaker 7: Back's not good.
Speaker 8: We're gonna replace him on the roster. Hey, let's play a guy in right field who hasn't been out there in a month, goes out there, makes three amazing defensive plays, hits an opposite field RBI ikf is insured in the lineup at second base, hasn't played at all this series gets the rally started with a double down loll field line, How's another hit, How's a sacrifice butt? It's just relentless. And then when you watch the Seattle offense, it's just it kind of feels like what I had talked about with the phill It looks like they have a ton of talent in their lineup, and it's like each one of you just go out and do whatever you think is best to try to slug where it looks like the Blue Jays lineup that doesn't look I know for a fact because I've talked to him. They have a very collective approach on how they want to attack a picture on any given day. What you saw they did two nights ago. They had eighteen hits, and all eighteen of them came within the first three pitchers.
Speaker 1: To day.
Speaker 8: I bat you think that was on accident. You think all guys just decided, hey, we're gonna swing early. No, that was their collective plan. They knew they had a strike thrower on the mound that had really good stuff, and they said, let's get them early.
Speaker 4: So they've been unafraid of changing their approach because that's why they lost Game one really against the guy that they're facing tonight, in the fact that they were like, hey, you know what to me, they had two choices. They could go, Bryce Miller is gased, this whole team is gassed. We're just gonna wear them down and kind of get away from our approach, and they said, no, screw it, we're gonna stay We're gonna stay aggressive. Are they able to or do they need to veer from that approach at all as a team.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's a tough question to answer because I mean, obviously what they did all year has got them to this point. But I think the Blue Jays how they have attacked these pitchers, and I know Seattle their starting staff is elite, and what makes them e lead is they probably throw strike one more than most teams do and they attack the zone. But I at this point, you've got to try something a little bit different. Maybe not Bryce Miller because he did have some success facing them in game one, but maybe you've got to try to pitch a little bit unconventional. Maybe try to you know, pitch backwards. Maybe maybe try to get some chase early in the account. Because if they just continue to attack the zone, these Blue Jay hitters are ready to go.
Speaker 7: The only thing they've changed.
Speaker 8: It from games one and two to Game three is John Schneider came out and said he wanted his team to have less jabs and more uppercuts, and you know, kind of reading between the lines as a player, that just means, you know, take a little bit more aggressive swings, don't just try to put the ball in play, hunt your zone, and when you get that pitch, don't be afraid to try to drive it.
Speaker 2: I want to talk a little bit about the mad Man, Max Schuser.
Speaker 1: I mean this guy, mad Max.
Speaker 2: He's absolutely filthy, coming in giving five really good innings of one run baseball, his energy, his emotion, his never ending fear to let you know how he really feels, and telling Schnyder, I want to go out there and I want to keep going here. Talk a little bit about his prowess and what he brings and mean to this team.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I was in the press room after and I couldn't man up and ask him a question, but I had one prepared. I wanted to ask him, do you prefer to be referred to as a maniac, a lunatic or a psychopath? But I didn't have the courage to do it.
Speaker 7: But this guy's.
Speaker 8: Energy is unlike anything that I've ever seen out of a pitcher.
Speaker 7: Starting pitcher.
Speaker 8: Normally, you'll get that kind of high energy, kind of psychotic sort of energy out of a bullpen arm because it's such a sprint. You get in the mound, maybe you got to get one, two or three outs. You're emptying the gas tank from you know, the first pitch to the last one you throw. You could come off and kind of exhale and show your emotion because you know you're not going back out there. This guy pitches like a high end reliever. You know, just even watching him throwing the bullpen, this guy's calling his own game out there. He's calling balls and strikes, he's punching out invisible hitters. He's coming into the dugout, He's throwing coaches out of the way. It's just his personality. I mean, the closest thing that I've ever kind of played with is someone like Josh Donaldson, which you played with as well. Is when you have someone that is that intense and that crazy, and I was a very kind of calm, cool, collective type of player. You have no doubt to kind of raise your emotions, You have no doubt. You have no choice but to kind of rise to the moment. And what he was able to do at forty one years old not touching a mound, not just a big league mound, but he didn't even pitch in a rehab game in the minor leagues for three weeks to go out there at age forty one.
Speaker 7: I think we found out during the game last night.
Speaker 8: It was as he threw his hardest pitches in over three years. Talk about a first bout Hall of Famer, stepping up and answering the bell when his team needed it. It was it was fun to watch.
Speaker 5: What's the feeling in Seattle, not with the teams, but kind of in the stadium, is it Obviously when the team's losing, everyone's like.
Speaker 4: Oh, I can't believe we're losing. This is the worst. But is there like that, like same popping, popping, jumping around when everybody was getting getting on you for saying, you know, the Jay's are going to take this back to Toronto. Are they still as confident?
Speaker 7: No, they are not. I will tell you.
Speaker 8: I will tell you the first day I got here, I flew in on the day of Game three, got to the hotel, went out, grabbed some lunch before I went to the stadium. Walking around the city, you see nothing but Mariners jerseys and Mariners attire. Strangers in the street high five in each other. You know, this is the biggest game they've had in Seattle, and a playoff game, and I think it's twenty four years And the excitement level in that stadium on Game three was, you know, one of the best atmospheres that I had seen in baseball. People were really excited for what the Mariners had done on the road, where they had gotten to at this point, and after they lost Game one, there was a little bit of optimism yesterday. But when the Blue just kind of took the lead there early on in the game, there was not a lot of energy in there. You know they tried to maybe try to manufacture something a little bit later. You know, I think when you Inineo had that base hit, the game was still kind of within striking distance at that point, and then when Josh Taylor made that last out of third base, you could see people kind of turning around, looking towards the exit and trying to decide if it was time to believe or not.
Speaker 4: Tell us where Gosman steps up tonight or how he steps up. He's been one of their most consistent pitchers, is the best pitcher on the team right now. He sees old Man River throw last night. Do you think he's a guy that feeds off of that, feeds off the fact that Max did what he did and he's like, I'm taking us back to Toronto to close it out in Game six, not just give it my best. Or is he not that kind of guy?
Speaker 8: No, I think they have polar opposite sort of demeanors when it comes to starting pitching, Like Gosmand do your typical starting pitcher. This is just my opinion because I've never been in the clubhouse with him. I didn't play with him, but he seems like a guy who has his routine you probably don't talk to him during his start. He's kind of head down, headphones on, just kind of focused on what he needs to do. But don't let that fool you for the type of competitor he is once he steps on the mound. But I would imagine within that pitching staff and crads, maybe you would know this better. As being a catcher, there's always that friendly competition to kind of one up each other. And I think what Biaber did starting in Game three kind of set this bar for the pitching staff moving forward in this series. And then Schurezer goes out and kind of tops that, and I would expect Gosman to kind of go out and.
Speaker 7: Top what Schuser did.
Speaker 8: He's the one guy that I think, more than anyone in this pitching staff, John Schneider has the utmost faith in He's got the longest leash. He's earned that, he's been their ace, you know, from the moment he's signed to be there. I expect him to go deep into this game. I expect him to once again kind of feed off the emotions that the Mariners are feeling right now. They are feeling a sense of huge desperation, almost to the sense where you could kind of almost feel that there's gonna be some heroic type of swings being taken from the Seattle players. Each individual guy is trying to get theirs to try to maybe spark their offense or spark their team, and I think that feeds right into gosmand ability to just keep throwing that splitter below the zone and keep getting some chase.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're playing right into my question when you say heroic swings. So first I'll start it with a joke. In which inning in this next game do you think Andre Samenez will hit a two run home run to right field? All kidding aside, though I want to I want to preface this. Okay, fourth inning, no third, third, third inning.
Speaker 8: Just like the last two nights, Just like the last two nights, the third inc same situation, And he was really honest about like and you could tell and being able to kind of get the behind the scenes and talking to him and being able to look at all the different video angles. You know what he said in the first game is he was just trying to get the run over.
Speaker 7: And I was in the booth with.
Speaker 8: Caleb Joseph and we went back and watched the swing and over he actually choked up on the bat after his first swing and miss. He choked up on the back. He was just trying to put the ball in play, moving the runner over, being the nine hole hitter, a very high baseball IQ guy, and gets rewarded with the home run. And then you go to the next night, the same exact situation. He gets two oh, and he takes this gigantic swing where he looked like he was trying to jump ship and repeat what he did the night before. Then he gets into an even count two and two, and he fights off some pitches, and then we saw that maybe he wasn't as comfortable off Castillo as the bat went on, and he went for having a lake kick to basically like a Bobashett get the foot down early situation, and was able to kind of repeat and have this kind of deja vum moment, same inning, same situation, puts his team up in the third inning, just trying to move a runner over.
Speaker 3: That's hey, he should do that more often. Just being real. I mean, Andre's had a brutal season at the play. He started this year as the cleanup hitter. I remember we were like, huh, he's got to be the cleanup hitter is Toronto serious. And then eventually so you moved down to the lineup and he had a rough year. It's just that's what the playoffs are all about. Korgey Polanka, Andre Semenez, guys like that who suddenly look like stars and they're in the history books and the whole deal. The follow up I had real quick is aggressive swings and doing damage in the zone. Isn't that what players are always trying to do. I know Game three was unique because they were doing it always early in counts. They drove up counts a little bit more in the game four win. But I just want to get more perspective on how a team actually changes approach like that, if that's real, or if some of that's just kind of making sure that your guys stay dialed into what their game plan always should be. Spit at balls if you see fastballs in the zone, go crazy with your a swing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I would say it's probably a little bit of both. I mean, ultimately, as a competitor and as a person staying in the batter's box, those are kind of always the thing, So I think, yeah, maybe it was a little reverse psychic coology from the manager. But I think you just got to give a ton of credit to the hitting coaches that Toronto brought in.
Speaker 7: I think it's been.
Speaker 8: I don't think I've been told it's just been a culture changer, the fact that he's gotten every single person to buy into what they believe. And the biggest thing talking to them, you know, during VP, is they they give the guys the freedom to chase.
Speaker 7: Within the parameters of where they do damage.
Speaker 8: Meaning, if you're a guy that likes the ball close to you and you're a pool guy, it's okay to chase, chase sinkers in off the plate, It's okay to chase the backup slider in. If you're a guy who likes the ball out over the play and up, you know, you have freedom to chase in those areas. So I think the guys just understanding that you don't have to be perfect. I think a lot of hitting coaches around baseball, you know, make hitting seem like it's really easy, like, hey, just look for the fastball out over the play and when the slider pops, you know, just take the same swing. It's really not that easy. It's not that easy to hunt a fastball here, recognize a pitch here. But when you could kind of narrow your focus into what you do well, what side of the plate you do well, and you have freedom to not be perfect every time you swing the bat. Uh there's a lot of sense of freedom in that.
Speaker 4: KP. Real quick. You said they're going to the World Series, name your first two first pitch throwers for the Blue Jays, so the Blue Jay fans can get absolutely amped about who they're going to see and in the first two games throwing the first pitch since you're already off the table.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I don't think I'll be asked to do it anytime soon. Uh ru Yeah, unless I you know, if I get an opportunity to do it again, I'm gonna man up and just jug out to shallow and just let one rip, because then there's no expectations for me to get it home.
Speaker 7: Who would they.
Speaker 8: Roll out Who would they roll out for the first two games of the World Series if they get there or when they get there. I would imagine Joe Carter's probab probably on a short list of guys they would roll out there, maybe Dave Steve's I mean, I don't know, I would imagine Joe Carter would maybe be the guy they'd roll out there for for Game one. I do have a little bit of maybe inside info, who who may be thrown out the first pitch for Game six back in Toronto, now that they've guaranteed himself an opportunity to go play at least one more game in the Rogers Center.
Speaker 3: Tell us I have an educated guess. I'm just gonna ask it real quick as a question. Has Jose Bautista thrown out of first pitch yet? Was he already there?
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure if he has. I'm not sure if he has. I mean, there's there's a chance that.
Speaker 7: I think he did.
Speaker 8: I think he did when they I think he did when they put his name up in the level of excellence.
Speaker 3: Right, what I'm saying for this postseason, he hasn't thrown one out, So he's still available on the bench, ready to get the phone call.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think go gos Of available. I think uh, Dianna Navarro is available. Uh, you know Colobello Adam Blend is available. He wasn't on postseason team. Uh, but that you know Muninori cow I would say, bring Muninoria Kawasaki out for for you know, game six and really just energize that stadium that doesn't really need any more electricity. But what a scene that would be. You know, everyone's maybe expecting a everyone's expecting a Jose Batista or Edwin already did it. You know, Donaldson already did it. You're expecting a player like Jose to you know, come out of the dugout and all of a sudden, it's just all in Japanese and everyone's like, what what's going on? And then Muoninori Kawisaki comes out there holding a couple of bananas, which maybe, hey, which, maybe Jackson Cherios needs to eat more bananas because you know, in the fame he and the famous words and Muninori Kawasaki monkeys never cramped.
Speaker 3: It's true, true, true, he knows he talk.
Speaker 8: You thrown out of first pitch before, and I'm sure you have, and you made it.
Speaker 2: To Home Blake opening then in Cincinnati right on the outside corner, strike three, baby, I threw.
Speaker 1: A firm too.
Speaker 3: Paint paint. We'll send you the clip. We got a run kp or the man have a great show later and we'll see if the blue Jays went out here like you're talking about all.
Speaker 7: Right, I'll see you guys.
Speaker 3: Let's show this tweet from Keegan Matheson about Surezer passing manager John Schneider, who is a close second to Pat Murphy in this postseason for epic quotes even when he's not on the podium. Schneider apparently passed him and with a big slap on his back said all right, you psycho, get in there. Your term to talk to the media. Schneid's was pumped to get like the get the hell out of my face essentially from Schurzer and go back to your damn dugout, stop removing pictures early Toronto, talking to the organization in general. I felt like that was like a bigger message, like you stop it, and not just you John, I'm talking about all of you, all of you management. You leave us alone, where the labor, where the employees, go back to your damn dug out and let me finish this damn inning and then go into the next one.
Speaker 4: Mike drop thanks to the mic drop moment on the mound, YEP. I don't appreciate Max pushing pushing Pete Walker when he came in like he came down the steps and Pete wanted to say something to him, and he kind of like kind he kind of bumped them. After he settles down after his start. If I'm the manager, I'm gonna be like, I love everything you do. I can't have mutiny in the dugout, he.
Speaker 3: Was in my way, I'm a psycho. You know what you signed up for. I'm forty one years old.
Speaker 4: But they but they also but they also had a clip they showed it. The whole dugout was superjuiced talking about what Max did. Like you saw like Vladdy Laddy. He was like, I was in there. I was in there. And you talk about energy, you talk about how like how does that affect a team? That clip should be clipped for everybody, every front office who's like, I don't know this guy's his fip E RA warranted plus minus negative is not great. But what he brings to the mound obviously has to do good. But that energy and everything permeates the whole team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he didn't have a good year, but this starts worth the whole contract, right If I mean, if you don't have that, you you're probably bounced. If you're down three to one, you're in trouble. Bieber two Bieber had ups and downs with them, but that starts the other day, which, okay, A couple questions here. First off, John said in the check, can we be sure that teams aren't cheating anymore? Without wanting to accuse any team in particular, I mean, I by cheating, is he mean? Does he mean like illegal sign stealing, tech sign stealing? The tipping thing this year that took over, Like that's that's legal as far as I know. I mean, you're you're using AI to figure out tips, but you relay that to your team, and then someone standing at second base allowed to say what they're seeing. Now, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What he's trying to say.
Speaker 3: The only thing I can. We joked about this and it went a little viral for I think it went more viral because he had no idea what he was talking about. But Craig Carton put out a thing about Bryce Miller saying he's like a no name scrub, but he doesn't even know who he is. And then he was trying to say how the Jays are cheating and he'll die on that, he'll but he was saying they're cheating against that they looked bad against Bryce Miller. Okay, but Bryce Miller was pitching in Toronto like the home road. Part of what he was saying made no sense. Literally nothing he said made sense. But that's the I haven't seen anybody else throw anything else out there that's gotten legs.
Speaker 4: But people will always be cheating. People will always be cheating. You have to understand that because there's so much money in having elite success. I know somebody that won a batting title and he was caught with somebody with binoculars in center field? So did he do that all the time? Did that? Is that the reason that he had just an incredible year is a good player. It's just it's one of those things. There's always but to tech stuff. Major Leaue Baseball has done a really good job of controlling a lot of the tech stuff.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's slap Todd father and I worked really hard for fifteen seconds to do an Instagram story on the Foul Territory Instagram account. You can vote for which team you think is going to represent the AL in the World Series. Currently at fifty three percent Jas forty Mariners. It is close, ye, mister Kratz.
Speaker 5: Oh team and these just watch what's going on. Watch how the Dodgers have built what they've built, and stop being a small market team small just get after it. Your team is there to win. That's what the Red Sox do.
Speaker 3: Don't sleep on the Zach Scott interview if you want to watch it back on YouTube or we'll post it podcast wise on Monday Morning where he said he used to work for Red Talxs owner John Henry. He said he used to be balls to the wall, but now he thinks the playoffs are a crapshoot. Those were his words. I was like, wow, you just throw darts out of dartboard. Oh Dodgers one they.
Speaker 2: With teams not in the playoffs. Day should voice some wonderful baseball tonight.
Speaker 3: Bet MGM players, you get yourself an MLB postseason odds boost token over on betmgm dot com or on the app. You attach that to your bet slip, activate the token, and if you win, obviously you get yourself a little extra winnings. Gambling problem or concern called one eight hundred gambler