Speaker 1: What's up everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to The Draymond Green Show with my brother Baron Davis BD.
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 3: What's up, big Dog? How you feeling.
Speaker 2: I'm great, brother, I'm great. We have a very special episode for you today. We also have more guests coming onto the pod, so make sure you subscribe to The Draymond Green Show with Baron Davis so you don't miss any episodes.
Speaker 4: And the non guest episodes will be fired to since when the second half of the season, So follow the show on all social media platforms. That's at Draymond Show, so you don't miss none of these great announcements.
Speaker 2: Now introducing our next guest, we have a special, special special guest today, one of the goats for sure, top seventy five in the NBA all time, four time for gold medalists, Mister Usa himself, NBA MVP, two time NBA Champion, two time NBA Finals.
Speaker 4: MVP, fifteen time All Star, the Smooth Operator, eleven time All NBA team Member, Rookie of the Year, Arsenal of weaponry, right, the Chef and the Sioux Chef, right cutlery tools everywhere on the floor, none other than the world famous legend in the making and continue Kevin Durant.
Speaker 5: Oh Man, appreciate that intro Man Helen intro Fellers.
Speaker 4: Damn, hey dog god, damn, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Feeling good about bla here we go. Yeah, that ship Wow, definitely one of the best. To have a touch of basketball.
Speaker 4: Man, Sure some honored man honored Ivy on the show. There's a gift of JMN talking to you in your ear that's widely used. Do you remember what Jamond was talking about in that moment just to kick the show off?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got asked that question a lot man. Everybody want to know what he was saying. I don't remember word for word, but it was he was more so gassing me up, more so than anything like it can't fuck me now, we can't stop you. He was gassing me up for sure. I see my excitement as he kept talking in my eyes. You know, I kept start smiling a bit, and he started cooking starting. I kept cooking that far.
Speaker 2: You know what I was telling you, he told the world. I was just telling him the same thing. You know who you are? You yeah, a lot.
Speaker 1: Who you are? And then do that and that's got to play that role.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: You know KD one of them humble superstars.
Speaker 2: Bro, Like KD is like the thig of who you walk down the street and you like, that's my homie, like like probably one of the most approachable superstars around. And so I think when I'm on the court with him sometimes it's like he'll allow that same approach and I'm like, nah, bro, like they're not good enough, like and they can't approach you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, I'm gonna remind you of.
Speaker 2: That because in my role, that's the type of time I need you on like at them at all times, and that same demeanor, it's why he is who he is, you know what I'm saying. But being also being able to just flip the switch like he can crazy. But every shot open brush seven feet, every shot he shoot is open.
Speaker 4: It's crazy on any court. I mean for me just you know, watching to come up. It's all about what you do when you at your peak, when you at the moments of where all eyes on you. And he never stopped hooping where all the hoopers was. You know, if you really fuck with Hoop and you're a real hooper, you gonna show up where you're supposed to show up, showing up at the Rutger. He came out here, he blessed me with the LA Unified game like he was, he played the whole game. But to embrace that next generation and to show where they show up at your superstar level, at your MVP level, like you can't say nothing else, you know, I watch that, and I say kudos to you for that, because ultimately that's what's carrying you now? Is that that spirit that like, all right, we're showing up? Are we hooping? Like already know I'm the top dog out here? You feel them saying?
Speaker 6: I mean I always looked up to them hoopers, the older dudes in the gym, who was of service to the game.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: They in there working on this game, in there helping the youngsters work on their game. They teaching the young dudes how to be a pro. Always admired that attitude and that approach, you know what I'm saying. And that's how always felt every time I stepped in the court, even as a young player, that I need to be a service to the game. Go out there and be coachable, work hard as I can in every drill, try to play the win every time I'm on the court, be a good teammate.
Speaker 5: So I always thought about that when I played, and.
Speaker 6: I got and I was inspired by a lot of the older dudes and the gym random dudes, and yeah, and I probably't even play a high school college ball, but just their approach to the game.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Out of all the places that you've shown up in hoop, like you said Rock and Drew. Out of all the places you've shown up and hoop, what would you say your top three experiences were, like outside of the NBA, just like you go play at the park next door, Like out of all of those places, what would you say your top two or three was?
Speaker 1: I have experiences like hoop.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I would say that first time, like after my rookie season, it was probably like a week had passed. We had just we had just played our last game my rookie year, and I went down to the Goodman League that first time as a pro full season, and I had sixty two that game. Jesus, but the dude I was playing against had like fifty two. Rest in people, God bless his soul, we passed away. He was he had actually played hogh d one too. He was a good player and it's online, but that that back and forth was like legendary in our city. You know, that was a memorable time. I would say that time. And then the first time I went to the drew, it was the drew before it's in the gym with is that now? You know what's the name of that first gym that was in Washington Park? Yeah, that one, And I played three games that day. They said that happened, like you can't just get you can't play on differ, you know, you can't be hopping on team, and I'm like, man, I'm just trying to hoop the day, man, it was a lockout, so they let me play on three teams. I think that first game I played with Damar and then I think that was your I don't know it was the game tomorrow. I forget who else doing the team and I had threw it off the glass and don't yeah, and.
Speaker 5: In the crowd went stupid.
Speaker 6: And that's why I was like, Yeah, this LA basketball is what I wanted to This is that feeling I wanted when I wanted to come out here and hoop. That's why I moved to La in the off season just to get that a different level of hoop. You know, I hooped and did everything in DC, you know, outdoors and every gym I was, and I heard about how great the who was in LA, so I moved out there and that was kind of like my first time getting.
Speaker 3: Now was killing playing.
Speaker 6: I mean, so that was Yeah, that was a good That was a memorable time. And then the Rocker obviously was legend. That was crazy. That's always been a legendary court, you know what I'm saying. So those really gave me the same feeling that it felt in like an NBA game almost, And.
Speaker 2: You also spoke about just how you are Stewart Uh to the game number one. Congratulations bro, thirty thousand points.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of buckets.
Speaker 2: I still haven't reached team yet, but I'm gonna get there one day maybe. But I saw John gave you that ball job being a young fella and Nike, you know, what was that like just for you to share that moment with like y'all gonna you know, he keep put doing what he's doing.
Speaker 1: He gonna be a legend in his own right one day exactly.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was especially it kind of it kind of fell on that day were playing against that team, you know, him and Jaron Jackson and Bane. I got a lot of respect for those young dudes, and they always compete hard and show me respect too and sort of play against them and for job to hand me the ball somebody I you know, been following since he was at Mary State and we kind of had a little relationship as well as he's coming up in the league.
Speaker 5: So it was sweet. Man.
Speaker 6: You know, I really respect how hard the younger generation plays and how much they respect the game. A lot of people don't say that about the young dudes, but these dudes, they know their history and they actually respect the game, and I appreciate that about them. And they hard workers too, you know what I'm saying. So try to do my part by going out there and staying at that level with that I'm at and competing hard against them, and they know it's not no cakewalk when they see me. I think that's a part of being who I am and being an older dude in the league is playing hard against them too, and you know, and leaving the game they respect it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: They want to.
Speaker 6: See how you are, right now all that shit you did before, it's cool, but they want they don't care about that. They want to see who you are tonight. And you know, so they keep me on that level with like that standard that I want to keep myself at.
Speaker 5: They help with that.
Speaker 4: You know, almost playing in two different decades, You've seen the game evolve, You've seen the style of play evolved. Can you talk about just eras which era for you is like the most exciting? And then being a VET in this new era, what does it feel like being like, damn, dude, I wish I was my younger self.
Speaker 6: I mean, I liked, I love this era of ball Man because it's just it's free flowing.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of space to work.
Speaker 6: We encouraged shoot more shots, to shoot deep threes. Like people talking about the players a lot about the three point shooting, but they don't realize how much our coaches and caarage just to shoot threes.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: We might have a film session strictly on like we need more threes up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So it's like.
Speaker 6: Having that encouragement from your coach to be aggressive to shooting the score is definitely better for me in this era. I mean the past eras were cool too. I got the freedom to shoot whenever I want, but my teammates they had that confidence.
Speaker 5: It's a little different.
Speaker 6: So now everybody feeling like they got confidence to go out there and score. That makes it easier for everybody. So I enjoyed this air a little bit more just for that simple fact. And it's just the amount of athleticism and skill that you see in the lead from all positions. Now it's just crazy to see, you know what I'm saying. So the evolutionary it was fun to play in it and see it, you know, in real time.
Speaker 2: As someone though, who doesn't like you'll get forty points for two in attempt two threes.
Speaker 1: That's somebody who can shoot.
Speaker 2: The out of the three ball, but doesn't necessarily shoot a bunch of them.
Speaker 1: Do you think some guys being.
Speaker 2: So confident to shoot sometimes become a problem for these teams though?
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure, for sure, it's plenty of times where you might have to you could have turned that one down and got something better instead of you pulling this three over contest and you zero for five for the night. It's definitely a double air of Sward through all of that. I mean, when it's great though, it's like the peak of basketball. But when it's bad, we got to live with both sides of that. But players could turn down some of those threes, especially if you're not hot, you know what I'm saying, to find a better shot or maybe get closer to the rim. Yeah, but overall, I think it's I think it's pushed the game to new heights.
Speaker 4: As a vet, dug, do you find yourself when you're talking to the young guys saying like, man, when I was your age, and then thinking about like, actually, when you were their age in this era, Like what would the Golden State Warrior you know, okay, see Duransela look like playing against these young dudes, you'd be talking shit too every night because you be barking at him. I didn't know you bark like that. Oh, you be barking at him. So I wonder what's your thoughts?
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, I think that up the level of the game when you yea, when you're engaged like that, I think, I think, more so than anything, my mentality as I got older, I wish I was thinking a little bit like this when I was younger, Whereas yeah, coming into the game, I was superstitious early on. When I come into I feel like everything had to be right for me to play well. I was just overthinking a lot of things out there. I think as got older, more experience, and you reach some success, you kind of relax a bit on, like, you know, just let the game come to you and play your game instead of trying to force things, you know what I'm saying, And you know exactly when you need to press the issue and when you don't. I think as a young player, you just always pressing the issue, trying to figure it out, and I would have more bad games than I would want to at that age. Now you know I'm not playing you know I might shoot it bad, you know every once in a while, you know what I'm saying. So I just feel more relaxed coming into the games, you know, making me execute a little better. So I wish I had that mentality early on in my career, but it worked out either way.
Speaker 4: A few weeks ago, you said you didn't want to be traded in the middle of the season, which is why you didn't come to the Warriors, which I thought was gonna happen. I was at the game. I was like, oh, man, KD came over here. He showed me love.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, we about to get KD. Do you want your career to end in Phoenix?
Speaker 5: Man, I want my career to end on my terms. That's the only thing.
Speaker 6: Then, God, that's the only thing I'm worried about, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's all that matter.
Speaker 6: Because I see a lot of dudes that don't get that opportunity, you know what I'm saying. So I want to keep putting in that work to make that choice on my own. But as far as the Warrior, I just didn't think it was you know, and then I didn't want to move. And then it's a player like me. I just I cost a lot. I cost me going into your team is gonna make It's gonna be a whole new era of your team when I get to your team, you know what I'm saying. So, and that's a lot of work and change for the season. Like I'm still a value, you know what I'm saying, especially in my contract and just my production. That me just getting up and moving in the middle of season, it's going to be a big blow to any team I'm going to, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I get while y'all want to trade me, and you know, y'all looking at it just from simple fact that's just business, But from me looking at it, I'm just like, it just don't make sense for either side right now to go go through that, you know what I'm saying, when we just played the season out and if that's the decision you want to make, you know in the off season, then you know.
Speaker 5: You figure it out. It's just such a big.
Speaker 6: Change to make and I've been through it before us Like, damn, it's not really it.
Speaker 3: It ain't the right move, like to be able, and I wonder in the.
Speaker 4: Middle of the scenes all that twenty six games left, you know, if I.
Speaker 6: Can't stop it, then why not you know what I'm saying. But and then the narratives that's gonna come with all that ship. It was just like, you know, you don't want to go state of You don't want to go play with Draymond no more. You don't want to even narrative that in your way. You don't want to go back. I was like, yeah, that shit is annoying. I don't like it. But I can play under like you know know what, like the type of shit that people say. I mean, I could play under it, the noise. It's a simple fact that like it's no need. I didn't feel like it was a need to, you know, make that big of a change right now. It didn't make sense to me.
Speaker 5: I tried to.
Speaker 6: I'm glad it was, you know in looking look at look what you're doing right now, Dre, y'all looking good, Jimmy, And then you still got coming on the way back, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I didn't think it made sense.
Speaker 2: Absolutely no. I think a lot of people don't realize what you're going through. That in Phoenix of the Midnight Hour Trade Bridges leave, I think Aiden left, no Cam Johnson, Cam Johnson, Bridges, Cam Johnson.
Speaker 1: Those were big gaps, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: To try to fill those holes, you make that move in offseason there may be a third team, you can get involved in different stuff where you don't have to deplete your whole team during the middle of the season.
Speaker 1: That is very tough to do, and I don't think people realize.
Speaker 2: And then, like you said, also being at your age, like I think everybody still look at you like you a spring chicken because of the way you play, So you still hooping at the same level, but you're set in your life and in your ways at this age to just up and lead that is a lot like for Jimmy needed that, you know what I'm saying, Like Jimmy needed a change.
Speaker 1: That was a different thing.
Speaker 2: But you know, if he didn't want that change before, which is probably why he was never traded before, because y'all do have that type of power to say nah, And no franchise ultimately want to disrespect guys like y'all because if they do, how do you ever get another one?
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 6: I just want to see it, you know, when you commit to something and a season like that and it's like everybody still nobody's like big injuries, like everybody's in the lineup, and like, you know what I'm saying, I'm trying to see this through to the end and see what we can really do with it, you know what I'm saying. So and I feel like I'm committed to my coaches and teammates and I want to see it through.
Speaker 5: So mean, I wanted to lock in on.
Speaker 7: That who's scoring big in the NBA this season. You are all the new ways to get in on the action of DraftKings sports Book and official sports betting partner of the NBA Slams. Dishing the ball, cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite players. Prop bets you can make on DraftKings. It's fun the home of NBA player props. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it really simple. Pick how many points your favorite player is going to score. Go to Draft Kings sports Book. They have an app, download it make your pick. If you're a first timer, here's something special new Draft Kings customers. All you have to do is bet five bucks, get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets instantly. So take it to the rack with Draft Kings sports Book, Every point Counts. Download their app takes ninety seconds. Use the code column C L I N to get one hundred and fifty bones in bonus bets betting just five only on DraftKings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 8: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and Y or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Pleaset play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction VOYD and Ontario. New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Wins four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNNG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I think I feel like y'all have a good team. Man, y'all we've obviously every time we play us a battle. I always tell people, man, when I play against you last night against Clay Plague Kyrie, right, like play against bron like bro.
Speaker 1: When we play those games, man, it's just.
Speaker 2: Like the level of play, the level of thinking that is amongst us when we're playing those games, like that's when I had the most fun. That's why I was saying on Star Weekend when I said the game is born. What I said it after that was because we played bron them last week and I'm waiting for him to slightly turn his head that way so I can go help over because if I lean this way and he ain't turned his head, yeah, he getting that pass to there's a dunk, right, Like people don't understand the level we be at when we're playing against each other, and it always takes me back to the matchups, Like, regardless of how great we were when you were here, we still had to play chess against Bron in order to.
Speaker 9: Beat them for sure, for sure, And so I feel like we don't get a bunch of that now, Like I get that when I play against you, where I feel like every second, like you see how locked in when I play every second, I have to be locked in on the defensive possession because if I let off for one minute, I.
Speaker 1: Saw you need it's a Swiss second.
Speaker 2: And I also think, though, okay, that's why you steph Bron, Jimmy, that's why y'all still playing at such a high level. Because I also don't think these younger guys realize when guarding y'all how they have to be on every second.
Speaker 1: Do you see some of that in my off.
Speaker 6: Nah, You're right, I feel like when you've been through some of the battles though that we've been through in the playoffs and those moments that you've been through. Yeah, the younger dudes haven't experienced that. Whereas coaching is out the way, schemes is out the way, and it's all about the will, the talent.
Speaker 5: And the cerebral game, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: In many playoffs games where it's like, all right, dog, they know every play we running, We know every play they running, and most of the time just gonna be like who can beat they man?
Speaker 5: And who can guard they man? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And so most of them times it's just like you see when we play Cleveland, it's all right, who can bron pick on? You know what I'm saying, And how can we You want to try to get step up there? All right, we're gonna steph gonna run up the screen, but I'm gonna make sure I try to trail him as much as I can and switch him off the screen to waste a little bit of your time. So by you try to get step up there four five seconds on the clock, that's the type of thinking we was on time those games when coaches not in the way, schemes not in a way. We know all of that stuff. Now, let's just go who the younger Dudy's gonna get there? You never you know, they might get that experience, they might not. But we've been through those battles against not just bron but just even guys that haven't wont playing against the Spurs, playing against the Memphis Grizzlies, you know, planning against the Clippers, the Live City Clippers. It's just like gain going to game six or seven with these teams, like we was going.
Speaker 1: To y'all are ok Houston. It's as hard as hell.
Speaker 5: Man, And it wasn't a lot of sweeps.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 6: It was game six, Game sevens. You know, like when you when you're thinking on that level, when it's past coaching, when it's past all of that, when it's just y'all on the floor controlling the game, that's the level. So when you see guys that have been on that level before you Kyrie, Steph Even, I would say JT now he played a lot of playoffs, Brown Daylen Brown, I would say Gianni's played a lot of playoff game.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: They know it's that level of detail late in the season that you gotta play with, you know what I'm saying. So I think the young dudes gonna get to that point. You see a playoff he got some playoff games under his belt. He's gonna get there, you know what I'm saying. So, and once they reached that level, I think that's when you'll start to see you know what I mean that get that again?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's trial and error. And I always say basketball is timing. Having much time you can consume, having much time you can disrupt as a defender for an offensive person, that's really you know, you get in these intricate moments where you have to be just as smart as the person that you're going up against, right exactly, talk about just your mentality down the stretch. You know, I'm looking at the pedigree, I'm looking at the accolades. I'm trying to like, what is the unlocked right, what we like? What the hell are you thinking when it's like, oh, okay, it's time for me to go five levels up?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I try to relax as much as possible and stick to the fundamentals. I don't want to try know their shot. I mean, no, no heat checked shots late in the game, you know what I'm saying. I try to stay away from those, So I just try to keep it at the fundamentals, finding places on the court where I know I'm gonna knock those shots down or get a good shot up. And most of the time when I'm thinking like that in the fourth I gouts some success, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So and then I.
Speaker 6: Had times where I'm rushing and I want it so bad, I want to win so bad, and then I'm rushing shots and now I'm missing, and now we lose the game. But all of that stuff is, you know, trialing error. Like you said, you learn from it, and it was a common denominator for me. It's just if I relaxed late in the game and approach it just like I approached the first quarter, then it was easier for me.
Speaker 2: Unless the year is twenty seventeen or twenty eighteen, and you get the ball to that left hand on the left coming in and the left left quad you know that left slot area and you're walking into it from thirty seven feet unless unless it's that and here in Cleveland, Ohio, unless it's that situation.
Speaker 1: Now check shot and he wound out what that.
Speaker 5: Let out with the dagger. The dagger, alright, I might pull that motherfucker from deep.
Speaker 4: Hey man, I have to run out the studio that one that was one of them. Oh, I have to run out the studio and plex on everybody watching that live.
Speaker 2: I see I see that coming. Kgo right to left. He put that ball in that left hand.
Speaker 6: You dead jam that left hand.
Speaker 2: Every time that left You gotta beat me, bro, because he once he get into the shot, there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 1: He can jumping forward.
Speaker 2: And he's seven ft and the ball up here, so you get no good contest once he get into the shot. The best you're gonna do, you're going to file. And with the rhythm he have on that shot, even if you file.
Speaker 1: He make it.
Speaker 5: I feel good that rhy you got a jammie early if you shut the way.
Speaker 4: Man, because I did, I honor playing which you playing against you. I like just the progression. I was telling the story where uh you know I claim the fame against KD.
Speaker 3: Is you know KD. I picked you like three.
Speaker 10: Times, bro liitching everything, and hey bro, he was coming off the switch.
Speaker 4: I was like, I was jamming that left hand too. Come back the end of the season, remember the end of the season. I don't know what. I don't know what you was on, but you was mad as him. He started coming with the crossboom pulling up. I said, okay, dude, my number of years are short because he played it too. He playing it too. I got and.
Speaker 1: I remember that game.
Speaker 5: That was my last game our rookie season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh man, you was killing.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I was like, these dudes is tough. Man. They switching everything.
Speaker 6: They was the first small ball team that I'm like, man, they could have played in this area where they played with y'all don't hearing and y'all just switched all them actions and I had to play y'all one on one.
Speaker 5: Y'all was fishing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, that last game boy you put on. We was like, damn. I remember Jack came up to you. I came up to you, was like, damn, bro, I ain't nobody. Nobody gonna be able to Nelly was like guard. It was like, man, we can't guard him. Get out of here. It's over. Doug season, over Dumb Nation.
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 4: Got some questions coming out from dumb Nation. Do you think people are still mad at you for playing with the Warriors.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm sure some people are not gonna like, let it go. I don't. I'm gonna say they mad.
Speaker 6: They're still angry about it, but I don't think they're gonna forget that I went to the Warriors. You know what I'm saying. It's gonna always be a talking point when it comes to my career. But I don't give a ship. We did some incredible things and we got some of the most fun times of my life moving around as a warrior. So it's gonna be people that love it. It's gonna be people that hate it, man, But at the end of the day, it happened.
Speaker 3: And it was great and were happy it. Dick, is it the dynasty?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Man, got to say, see you at the peak of your career and your moment. And so when you think about when time passed and people are like, damn, bro, like we wish just for a stayed together for you know, three four more years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they gonna say that.
Speaker 6: They won't say that, but when they should just be you know, going back and watching that footage so they can learn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that part.
Speaker 2: You hear people say that shit all the time, and the reality is twenty and fifteen to twenty nineteen, it's in my opinion, the best era of NBA basketball for the best five year stretch of NBA basketball in my opinion. But regardless if that's your opinion or not, you may say, oh, it was the show talent.
Speaker 1: It is somewhere in the top three, which the Manta Gods.
Speaker 2: That's coming to NBA. That's a big deal. And you coming to the Warriors elevated it so much to where that's why it became. It doesn't become that we never we never really experienced the era of basketball we experienced had you not came to the Warriors. That's actually what elevated the game because it elevated teams because then all of a sudden it was like, oh, whoa wait, we got a build to beat them, and that dude elevated the team and elevated skill sets.
Speaker 1: I think it elevated so much in my opinion.
Speaker 5: No, I agree. I agree.
Speaker 6: And as I was making that decision to leave Okay, see, it was like, all right, if I stay at Okay, See, I think I'm passing up on something so incredible that I don't know if I could just pass this up.
Speaker 5: This ain't this no regular opportunity.
Speaker 6: That's how I was feeling, and I didn't know exactly how it would play off, obviously, but it just felt like this would be a huge, huge shifting moment, and not just to people that consumed the game, but just how the game is played itself, you know what I'm saying, Like this seemed like something that can't turn down right now, you know what I mean? And it turned out to be that big and I agree, you know what I'm saying. There was so many great teams like sixty seven win Spurs that year, y'all won seventy three, then Cleave sixteen and had won with fourteen in the playoffs. I think when they picked fourteen and one, it was like insane shit that was going on team wise and individual player wise, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We were seeing that.
Speaker 6: That's when Kawhi started to emerge to become a superstar from there.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: That's when y'all the Warriors started to come around twenty fifteen. That's when you know, you Steph Clay started to you know, jump on to be All Stars every year, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So Kyrie started playing with bron that year. We've seen Kyrie in a totally different.
Speaker 5: Light exactly, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So it was a it was a lot of shift and like you know dudes that are transformed to be like, oh, there's stars now, these dudes are superstars too. Now what I'm saying, it was a few extra dudes that you weren't expecting, like a.
Speaker 2: Why like us James James had just kind of left when that happened, and James became James.
Speaker 5: James James, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Like even Steph, I mean Steph was at then all star level, but he has snded to like god teer levels around that time, you know what I'm saying. So when you see these dudes, you know, even myself, you know, going from MVP, you know what I'm saying, and you see everybody is sitting with the road, you know, just go down the line.
Speaker 3: Everybody, everybody leveled.
Speaker 6: Up, everybody left up at that time, and it all felt like at the same time. And when you go from seeing dudes become young stars to super megastars just going you know, push the league forward for the next ten years, it's just like, wow, that ship, that shit happened quick and surprised us too, you know, because it was so used to the Kobe Shock era of things that slowed down pace of guards back in the back of you down all the way down court. It was very rare. You see a b d or Steve fran you know what I'm saying. Or now you were seeing these dudes every night, every night. So I think the players that went to the next level and then the team building that went to the next level too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a good time.
Speaker 4: It allowed for everybody to assume their superstar power, and then it allowed for some consolidation for like super combat, because like you were saying, y'all wasn't sweeping people. It was game six Memphis. Memphis had had a consolidated, curated you know all stars gasol Z bomp. Right, people start putting together the right engine in the teams you leave, okay, see you go to the Warriors, that becomes super dynamic. Okay, see still become you know. It allowed Russ to become a superstar. James go to Houston, he become a superstar. Right, you got Dumar in Toronto, you got PG, then you got p Yeah, then you got PG with us. So the Dame emerge right.
Speaker 2: Became a nine time All Star off to not make it All Star for like his first six or seven years or.
Speaker 1: Something like that.
Speaker 6: It was it was a boom that players were just stepping it up a level throughout the whole league, which made teams better, you know what I'm saying. And it was just a perfect time, man, You've seen it. Dudes was working their asses and I think that a lot of the reason that come about was we we we hooped a lot in the summers with each other. We knew each other Team USA, so we was kind of like shopping in each other throughout the league, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Absolute CP and James cep was at the peak his PowerP and Flake it was going on.
Speaker 5: Around that time. It was that was that was a great time.
Speaker 3: Man was cracking.
Speaker 2: Obviously, we won championships together, gold medals together. This past summer, you got it, you won another gold medal this time was Steph. What was a moment that you and Steph had, you know, or something teaming up that you haven't spoke about especially man on that level, Bro, that was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was level.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean it was like when you got on the when I got back on the floor with Steph as a teammate that first few games. It was like that non verbal because you know, it's a certain way that you got to like play with Steph. You know, he giving the ball up knowing that I now I'm flying back off this pandem make sure you look for me. And a lot of dudes a team us say didn't quite understand that what I'm saying. So when I was getting the game, I was like, all right, let mean, let me see what he about to do real quick. Because he give us up. That don't mean he gonna stand. He gonna run around somewhere try to get open. I was like, I felt like I was the only one on the court that knew what he was thinking, you know what I'm saying on the aide of the ball. So it's like it's like we have to say much, but I kind of knew, you know what I'm saying. That's when all those yids playing together and watching film together and figuring it out. It's like that was cool to fill the game, you know what I'm saying, because we worked that way up to that and go to State, but we ain't have to talk to you. I kind of knew what he was thinking and vice versa. So to bring that feeling back on team USA was special. And then obviously those last two games. You know what I'm saying, just how he's he's that was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 6: He made like he made nine threes that game against Serbia, and then what he did against France, those last few shots. It was just perfect because you always wanted that moment. You could tell he did want He wanted the gold medal in the Olympics. He had one for uh, the World Championships, but two of them, two of them. Yeah, you tell he wanted that Olympic moment. So but to be like that, man, that was crazy. That's something he can always remember.
Speaker 1: I got a secret. I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 2: But if I tell you this secret, you got a promise is just know that it's my secret. Hey, you gotta you can't do nothing about it. I got the ball from when you broke the USA scoring records.
Speaker 5: Why do you got that?
Speaker 1: That's crazy? I got that ball.
Speaker 3: Somebody had to keep it.
Speaker 2: Because but after that game, your ball, and then you left it sitting somewhere, and I was like, he do I want this ball?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say this, I got the ball here, man, I know it over there.
Speaker 5: Man, so.
Speaker 1: I just need your signature and her brin gonna sell it.
Speaker 4: But I was, you know over there, Man's that's one of the.
Speaker 2: Ones I got a chance to play with the ghost. You think I don't want to hold onto that? Come on, man, this is crazy to me. So I appreciate that. But man, k you got four Olympic gold medals. You still I heard you for the first time talk about retirement maybe within the last three weeks, and you said I think about it all the time or something like that. Me personally, I know you love just playing basketball. Is there some chance you go get five Olympic gold medals in l A, Yeah, there's a chance. There's a chance.
Speaker 6: My thing always being is like I want to still be on this level that I'm playing that when that time comes around, I don't want that. Don't give me that og man. Just come be one of the guys and we need your presence type now. I want to hoop if I go out, you know what I'm saying. And I want to be counted on to play minutes, you know what I mean. And you need me to knock down shots to help the team type shit. I don't want that farewell shit. You know what I'm saying. That you can get that spot to a youngster that haven't experienced you know what I'm saying. So if I'm up to that level and I'm still hooping at that level and I expect myself to be, then yeah, I would definitely love to be a part of that, especially being in LA.
Speaker 4: Like being on a home saw you that's gonna be crazy, It's gonna be stupid. That's gonna go crazy, stupid. And you've been hooping for a long time. Do you ever think, like nineteen twenty when you came in the league and now you're looking at the Olympics, you know, you're looking at you know, the back end your career.
Speaker 3: What is the final chapter right look like for you?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 3: How do you want to paint that final chapter?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: I don't even Man, that's a good question, I mean, and it's hard to say right now. Obviously I can't predict the future. But like I said, I just want to be I want to be healthy and make that choice of my own and be able to, you know, lead a game the way I want to leave it. And I want to just keep building with you know what I'm saying, you know, the young the young players in the league throughout the you know what I mean. I just want to be respected, you know, respected as one of the guys that can pour back into the younger generation of players. But still hoop on that level with him too though, like compete on that with him too. That's why that's how I want my career. I want to still be nice, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, you know what I mean. I want to be the old dude like yo, he's still like you know, might call him back when he's forty two forty saying that's the type of vibe I would to have when I leave the game, you know. And I don't want to just hang around just to hang around, you know what I'm saying. So wherever that or whoever I'm playing with.
Speaker 4: But it's gotta be buckets once you're not a bucket no more. You ain't coming off the bench sitting on the bench saying come on, young fella, you can do it.
Speaker 6: Come off and see I could come off. I can come off the bench and the jamaa off the type of role, you know, it's gotta be buckets. If I'm doing that, then that wouldn't be too bad. But I can't.
Speaker 5: God damn seven eighty.
Speaker 3: To stretch for stretch five man.
Speaker 1: Oh man.
Speaker 2: Okay, when you when you look back at your career, what would you look at as say that was the biggest turning point in my career?
Speaker 1: Because like, we go through turning points.
Speaker 2: At every level, right like you was at Montrous Christian Leeve, you know, go to Oak Hill. There's like turning points at every level. Which one would you look at in your life to say it could have been like you've torn Achilles? Right, like, yeah, yeah, I get What turning point do you look at in your life and say that was the biggest one? Regardless of where I was at that point of my life.
Speaker 6: I would say I would say two thy and twelve, twenty and thirteen, like that summer after that season we went to the finals that summer going to the Olympics, and then that season right around that season, I think that's when I started to I had a trainer, his name was Justine or Mellow, and he would break down all the analytics so what my best shots was from where I shoot from the best on the floor and would work out with that in mind, you know what I'm saying. And so once I started making that transition of like, all right, seeing the game from a numbers perspective, seeing the game from an efficiency perspective, slowing the game down, around that time, I think that was a turning point for my all core game. And then right that's when James had got traded too, so I had more responsibility as a ball handler. So my assist went up my playmaking and my decision making, you know.
Speaker 5: It, You know I had.
Speaker 6: I had to figure that out, you know, a little bit quicker than I did before, you know what I'm saying. And I upgraded that too, just how I see the game. So right around that time all that was happening, I think that's when I turned into a different player or just stepped it up a level in my just my overall game.
Speaker 1: And having the opportunity to play with you.
Speaker 2: That's how your mind worked now, Like I don't think people understand how you going eight for twelve for twenty seven points, Like that's what you want? Like you don't want You're not the guy that want shots again? You want twelve shots in twenty seven points?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I always felt I felt like it was harder to get your shit off with a small amount of opportunities, so always, and that's what I trained for. In the summer. It was just like, can you make every shot though? You know what I'm saying. And I was like, that's hard to do. But I trained like that in the summertime. And then that season that was talking about twenty thirteen, I was I think that was the first time I did fifty forty ninety. So I always programmed like, all right, can I how can I go thirteen? I mean, can I go ten for thirteen and still get twenty seven at night? And when I started doing it, I was like, oh shit, I think I think I got something, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And then I'm able to do more on the court.
Speaker 6: As far as playing defense, making passes, you know, passing up shots for a better shot for my teammate, because I'm like, all right, I know at each opportunity means something, So I got to take a good shot every time down That's how I was thinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's what'smissing. And to day's game. Right when you first came in the league, you probably get fifteen seventeen shots, so you had to be efficient. So like the chase for efficiency is the DNA throughout your whole narrative and your game. And looking at the young dudes now, they don't have that, they don't have an efficiency rating, right, It's just get a high volume of shots up if I get hot, right. But it's almost like it's like playing the slot machines y right with a little better odds.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's encouraged though. I keep saying that, like we can't just keep that, you know, putting the coaches out on the forefront now telling us, you know what I'm saying, to be this aggressive throughout the game and to get up more, to do more, to shoot more threes, and you know what I'm saying. And sometimes that efficiency when you shoot a lot of threes in the games. I see some dudes shoot nine ten threes in the game. Compromise that like, you know, making half your shots, you know what I'm saying, right, you know your forty percent, even thirty five, thirty six percent is considered good.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm right, that's making three three and a half.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so if you four to eleven from the three, like all right, that's the standard that I'm at.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If I'm twelve for twenty five from the field, I still had thirty two. I mean, yeah, I mean, that's that's a good stand. That's a that's a good number. Forty seven percent ain't bad from the field. But it's like a few of them shots. You probably could have made seventeen for twenty five if you wouldn't have took four of those threes, and you might have stepped in and made a little layup or pull up jump shot.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. That's the type game I'm thinking about.
Speaker 6: But now it's just like, let's get them up and you know it's gonna be some high number of games.
Speaker 5: Dude, gonna get forty fifty that way, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: The way playing, it's like you might not hit a big number of points. You might just be consistently at twenty to twenty five or twenty five to thirty, you see what I mean.
Speaker 5: So you know it's a matter of approach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I left the league in three point attempts.
Speaker 3: I make.
Speaker 4: Nine ten threes a game. When it wasn't cool. It wasn't but they used to throw me the ball. When I was in New Orleans, they used to throw me the ball with five seconds on the clock. You got so we running, so half of those was, you know, against the clock. But I know what you I know what you mean, but I don't know what you mean because life is easy in your world. Well, we want to jump to around the league. I saw your tweet about the NBA taking a week off doing All Star weekend and canceling the event. So could you please explain yourself and communicate this to our NBA fans.
Speaker 6: I just think the fans don't like anything they gonna find. I was like, I'm like, they don't find one thing and it's not perfect, totally perfect, then they don't look and I'm just like at this point, now, let's just you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 6: So y'all won't drive yourself crazy watching this shit. Man, I went better for y'all cause they don't like nothing that goes on. I'm like, like, man, y'all need to play harder in the All Star Game. And like I'm like, y'all, just like that's so easy for they how to say? How about y'all come up with? Like why do you think the games are getting out of hand like this, Why do you duds aren't like playing up to your standards. It's just like, like nobody giving me a solution on that. It's just a bunch of It's just a bunch of complaining and ideas of how to change some the whole fabric of the games. Like yo, we should change the like shorten three point line, or I mean take away the three point the corner three, or like y'all should be limited to shooting twenty five threes a game. I'm just like, man, stop the game. So that was my whole thing, is like, man, let's just get rid of Man the All Star weekend so the fans.
Speaker 3: So they could be happy.
Speaker 5: They could be.
Speaker 6: Finally happy about right, it's getting out of hand, man.
Speaker 2: I think fans and media has as much impact on the state of the game today than anybody think.
Speaker 5: That's the underrated part.
Speaker 6: It's kind of tab boo to talk about the fans or to criticize the fans. It's just we payyall hard earned money and we basically fund y'all whole operation, so y'all can't say shit about us.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, you know what.
Speaker 6: Y'all have a huge impact on what we do, right, So how can we not say, how can y'all not be a factor to why shit is going bad? When shit going back, it's all on the people inside the league. But when shit went well, the fans want to take credit for how much they come to the games and how much they watch and all of this ship. But when it's going bad, it's like, y'all, I'm out of it as a fan base. There's the exact the league itself, Like, Nah, I'm not gonna get away with that, because y'all it's a community, right, community, We all fucked up.
Speaker 5: Just put it on one, dude, we suck up.
Speaker 6: But when it's all the sunshine and you want to jump in and you know what I mean, take some credit for. So my whole thing is like, if you ain't got no solution, if you ain't got nothing to say, man, just sit back and enjoy the game. Because it's some beautiful athletes y'all just taking for granted because y'all, like, man, there's too many threes and the games don't come on at the right time. There's too many commercials, got these dudes switching teams too much. There's no more rivalries, no more fight.
Speaker 5: What you want ship? I'm getting sick of it, man.
Speaker 6: But because it's some beauty that's going on in the league though, you're looking at play, look at it, look at the hot like you just watch the highlights throughout the game and you're gonna see some incredible ship, you know what I'm saying. And you're seeing teams every year having a chance to win a chip like look at Okay, see look at Cleveland. It's it's different champions. I feel like you're right now. So it's like, what more do you want as a fan base, the community who loves gaming, that love the NBA, what more do.
Speaker 5: You want from?
Speaker 3: That's a fact? Will you playing if the league organizing one on one tournament for a million dollar prize winner all Star Weekend?
Speaker 1: What I play?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah? I play?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: I play?
Speaker 1: Good work to.
Speaker 4: How I was I was telling J I want to play too. I'm about to get it.
Speaker 1: Dude, will play one every day?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: A million ain't come on.
Speaker 5: The world playing? Man?
Speaker 4: If we passed, I say five seconds, three spots, uh twos and threes, game to fifteen first one to fifteen?
Speaker 6: Is it a series though? Is it like a three, little three, little first to two.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: It's a three games, I said point, it's fifteen points.
Speaker 3: Fifteen points to.
Speaker 5: King of the Hill is all of us on the court and.
Speaker 3: Non like that.
Speaker 5: It's like, no, because not get to the other time playing King in Hill.
Speaker 1: Some type of ones. Man. Listen, Yeah, the King in the Hill was for you next rolling.
Speaker 4: No, that's not that's not cool because the dude who probably is not the nicest can get rolling.
Speaker 1: And you got one shot at defense.
Speaker 3: It's like, come on, man, you can't go since my defense too.
Speaker 1: That's that's too long. That's gonna take forever. You gotta make up to ten, go to ten.
Speaker 6: If you're gonna go ones, you're gonna have to go five seconds, five second shot clock to eleven, twos and three.
Speaker 1: Due, I can roll with that.
Speaker 4: Fifteen ain't far off fifteen. That's a lot of funs. That's like, that's like them there twenty one. Yeah, if you don't want to want to get if you spent.
Speaker 1: All three, it's five possession and you ain't scoring all.
Speaker 5: Three going on three, man, you'll be tired of hell man exactly.
Speaker 2: In our last episode, we spoke about this who will win a one on one tournament. I say you be d said Giannis. When you look around the landscape of the league, who you think your tough little competition would be?
Speaker 6: Mm man because like Bdi said, you can get hot on ones man, like you can say, you can say I can win this, but I can also lose to man because like I done played ones with with Jason Tatum and he done got cooking making shots over every contest.
Speaker 5: With with with with Kyrie and can miss.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, I would say j T Kyrie just for the simple fact that I actually played against them. I would say somebody like a like a Joe Well too. I think you can get you can get a bucket from the wing.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about this straight up. Hellmty uh man ship Shae. I think shake will be tough.
Speaker 6: Damn will be tough in the ones, especially if you're going like five second clock and that like three dribbles, four dribbles, if you're going to just a shot clock, it's gonna be tough. And then I think I'll get put there too.
Speaker 3: All them Dug.
Speaker 5: Yann hones ones man.
Speaker 6: I got to see how he gonna approach the ones man, because yeah, he man.
Speaker 5: I already know.
Speaker 3: I already know what he's doing.
Speaker 6: Because shoot that. You gotta be able to just shoot anytime like fatal. He going straight bully you exactly.
Speaker 4: He's gonna get as close as he can to the real. You have to fill him the whole time, right, I was watching Kareem play Doctor j One, he dog, I was crying, he can't you can't stop us seven butter with skills, Doctor Jay had a hard time. You Steph and Lebron were the US heroes. Has ever been talked of teaming together for one last road show?
Speaker 5: No, sir, that wouldn't even work. That wouldn't even work.
Speaker 6: We had that come bo, man, I think I think you got it everything. You're gonna see what the Olympics this past some man, it was perfect at the moment. I had me a little moment in that game, Bro had you know what, man?
Speaker 5: It was perfect.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: It was maybe if they called y'all out of retirement and signed all three killing.
Speaker 2: I saw you, or maybe Rich said it. I was talking about maps Mavericks League that he's working on. I think Rich, sid you get.
Speaker 6: Some bump, right, I mean, I just put this so much equity with the league, the NBA. Man, it'd be hard to right, you know what I'm saying, or want to do that, or had the desire to just pick up and just start some new shit like that. Just deep, But you know what I'm saying, the bag is a bag man, especially who you never know what they could come up with, you know, when it comes to that. But I don't see it happening for me, man. I mean I didn't put in too much work in the league, but the idea, you never know how this could work nowadays, Man, if they grow you.
Speaker 2: Kind of just spoke on this a little bit. Obviously, we all know how much you love the game of basketball. I always tell people, I'm not sure I know many people, if anybody, that love the game the way you love the game from Like you'll go watch some second grade boys play basketball and be.
Speaker 1: Like, Yo, you see that movie he just did?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: I was like, Bro, they in third grade? Bro, Like, but that's how you love the game of basketball. Everybody's talking about, like you said, knocking the product down or like changing the product obviously taking corner threes away, Like that's stupid stuff. But is there something that you suggest can improve and help grow the game further than where it is today.
Speaker 6: Nah, I think only I think only the players can grow the game. Like you can make all these root changes all you want, and the players got to be the one out there executing. So if guys keep adding to their skill set, you know what I'm saying, from the top to bottom, from point guards all the way down to the bids, keep improving their skill set, I think that's going to advance the game more than anything. And you're seeing it already, you know what I'm saying. But all of these game any rule changes and.
Speaker 3: All of that, I don't No, we don't need none of that.
Speaker 5: Like players and coaches the ones that can really push the game forward.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say coaching coaching.
Speaker 4: Coaching coaching is the one thing that I would say could improve because when I'm watching the games and I'm watching teams, everybody play with the same style and so you can't really get a great enjoyment of people actually doing work because there's so much luck happening, right, and so the game is like based on luck and chance and numbers, where I think if it's some coaches come with a different approach and say, you know, what. We're not gonna play small ball all the time. We're not gonna shoot a gang of threes. Like here's a big man that play in the post, and we can identify with a style and the philosophy that counteract the way the Warriors play, our counteract the way Boston player. I think everybody just playing the same way, and so we got to get different teams, got to develop styles.
Speaker 5: I think, I think, I mean, you got to look at it.
Speaker 6: Though a lot of the players are playing similar you know, a lot of the guys go to moves are the same step back step. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, old float, you know what I'm saying. So, and it's a copycat league. It's been like that since the beginning. So I always go back to the players and the uniqueness of each player. Like Joki Jokics, this system is definitely different from the normal system, and it's simply because of how great he is. And the Warriors still play that style as everybody wanted to play like the Warriors, but they haven't accomplished it yet. But they play that style simply because you got you has Clay there too, but you got Stephen Draymond, You know what I'm saying, playing that different type, that's different style of ball, you know, but it depends on what players.
Speaker 5: You got, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: They playing more of an ISO system, spread you out driving kick system, Boston playing that way. So you know what I mean, It's it's just tailored to the players. I think more and more coaches starting to understand that the tailor system around what their best players can do. It's as opposed to trying to make them fit into a certain style system.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You think that's player empowerment too though, like a part of like the power that players have.
Speaker 1: You think that's that's a part of why coaches have to do that as well.
Speaker 6: I just think it's just smart. I mean, to get the most out your best players, who's going to affect the game. I just think the simple fact is like, yeah, they started to realize, yeah, we need to build around this talent that we have because you realize they don't come around often a job moran. You know what I'm saying, You can't just draft him or Zion or Ant or you know what I'm saying. You're talking about You're not gonna just draft these dudes that easy. So while you got them here, you might as well make them as comfortable as they can and get so you can get the absolute most out the player, you know what I'm saying. And coaches and organizations are starting to understand that. You're seeing how they building their teams now fitting around their best players, you know. So, and that's the and and that's what I love about the game too, that a lot of people don't speak about the evolution and how the gms and the front offices and the coaches are starting to be a little bit more creative on how they want to you know what I'm saying, craft.
Speaker 5: These teams, they hordon picks.
Speaker 6: They might go pigs for a player in the middle of the night and you might see an All Star on the team that you ain't expect because they got seven picks they're gonna trade, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So they creative ship, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I'm saying, to keep their assets and team building, you know, to go to that next level, because it takes much more than just a player knocking down shots to win the championship, and a lot of credit gotta go to the front office and the GM and the coaching staff.
Speaker 1: You want to win, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Man, it's been great.
Speaker 2: By the way, I know you got you and rich, you got the ballroom pumping you about to you'll about to buy Hooters.
Speaker 5: Bro, we had to pay homage.
Speaker 6: Man. You know Hooters was that college, especially in college. Two dollars wings, man, So I have all right, who is talking who with y'all?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 5: I appreciate you all.
Speaker 2: Let me on man, Absolutely, yeah, we appreciate you, bro, living legend. Continue to watch you play basketball, Bro. You raise the level, you keep raising the level of the game. You you are one of the guys raising the level of how long you can do this and still be at that.
Speaker 1: And man, it's an honor to watch you work. It's been an honor to watch you work.
Speaker 6: Hey, dog, you got them gray hairs now too? Now something running around that's.
Speaker 3: From him trying to play me in Domino.
Speaker 6: Losing me slim, But you're still running around their garden that god damn whole team. You showing a lot too, man, and usually find the odds two dogs. So I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Hey. By the way.
Speaker 2: Also, you know me, I'll say something when I don't like it, and I must always say something when I do like something. I'm not just going to say something when I don't like it. And you're saying the other day that I'd be a great head coach. But that meant the world to me, and the peers say that, you know, it always mean more, Bro, So you know I ain't gonna just criticize you and be like damn, Slim said, he hope I get the help I need and not say when you when you throw me a bone like that or give me props like that. I appreciated my dog always. I want you to know that.
Speaker 5: Brother, in every word to let y'all man appreciate.
Speaker 3: You, all right, I need you on that album to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna get you. I'm gonna get your Numb'm gonna sell d.
Speaker 1: I connect y'all, Bart old Man and Slim.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, Slim, Sir, appreciate you, boss man.
Speaker 1: That was so amazing having came on here Bro talking talking.
Speaker 2: Who with him, also hearing how his answer about efficiency.
Speaker 1: Gods do not think about the game that way.
Speaker 2: This man is like, I'd rather just have twenty nine or twelve shots right and then. But it makes sense though with his mind because during that time, it's where you started to see Kadi evolve as a defender. During that time was started where you started to see him evolve as a passer. And he's pretty much saying like, nah, not taking twenty two shots is allowing me and just hitting nine to my twelve. It's going to allow me to do all.
Speaker 1: Those other things. It was dope to hear him talk about that in that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think a lot a lot of gems are dropped. It's incredible. You know when you have somebody that decorated and you guys spent time together sharing those moments, like to still see that chemistry exists. You see why you know you had that dynasty, So you know, shout out to Kevin Durant and living legend. This was a dumb shot. I appreciate you, big dog, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you, my brother. Everything you brought to the show, I appreciate you. I know our listeners appreciate you because the amount of times I hear y'all adding BT to the show is crazy. I appreciate you, my brother. Until next time for y'all tuning in, we appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: That's a rap. Enjoy it like we did peace.
Speaker 5: The volume