Speaker 1: It's a rare, sincere introduction what Americans have to be thankful for. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and getty. Oh perfect, perfect, something sincere before we get to that, something tawdry and disgusting. Perfect. So I came across this saying on Twitter one of those articles you've seen a whole bunch of them. I think it was in the New York Post some schoolteacher mom who was making eighty thousand dollars a month on oldle fans, eighty thousand a month and nothing special, above average, attractive, but sow's half the world above average? I mean, so you know whatever. And somebody had attached to that article. I fundamentally don't understand only fans. The scale is insane. Who's paying for this? Which has been my question all along? How is there possibly the appetite to make the porn world what it makes, and only fans and all these different people so much money? How is that even possible? Anyway, I still don't quite understand the scale ar outworks, It doesn't make any sense. But the connected article where somebody is trying to explain it did include I guess at some level, if you're an only fans. You're part of the Only Fans world, and they have bots, some of it AI, some of it human beings that will engage these sad, lonely people like round the clock. So it's not the forty year old school teacher making eighty thousand dollars a month. I mean, she's doing videos and all the stuff that goes with only Fans, but she's not contacting these people all day long, checking in with them. That's some sort of combination whatever you call it, you know, farm of human beings, like a call center that's like a call center Only Fans has and bots that all day long. We'll check in with this poor lonely dude somewhere and say, hey, I was thinking about yea, how you doing constantly throughout the day and engage.
Speaker 1: You, right, you know, I was gonna say, the difference between OnlyFans and porn quote unquote porn is the illusion of a connection with an actual human being. I mean it is a connection. It's a salesperson customer connection, but it masquerades as not only a real human interaction, but like a interaction between lovers who are intimate with each other and share all man.
Speaker 2: I find that sad, and.
Speaker 1: Then the fact that they got Ai, you know, doing the hey thinking about you. I mean, that's just yay.
Speaker 2: I wonder where we're headed with that. I mean, they're a patively beavers. We're gonna die out as this. Do you know anybody who does it? Only fans, Katie? I do, I do.
Speaker 3: They don't name it narrowly that much money as you were talking about, But if.
Speaker 2: You made, you know, one thousand dollars a month, that's your car payment all you have to do for it. But uh, whatever it is, I'm willing to do it. If I wonder what percentage of the population is willing to get by with online connections like that, it's just enough to get you through life. Is that five percent of the population or a third of the population. We're going to find out over the next couple of years. Yeah, and I don't know which it is. Well, that is tawdry and disgusting. He didn't lie.
Speaker 1: So the editors in National Review talking about well, they were writing about I believe on Thanksgiving Day that would make sense what we're thankful for. And I thought it was absolutely terrific. They write, as Americans, we have much for which to be thankful, and they mentioned that we can begin with our many material blessings. We remain the world's richest nation, with a standard of living approached by no nation of even remotely comparable size. Many of Europe's most distinguished states have a medium income on par with the poorest states in our union.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, that's true, they pointed out, more to the supposed down trodden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm reminded in this next part of the very popular book, Guns, Germs, and Steel, which I thought was like seventy five percent interesting, in twenty five percent absolutely full of crap.
Speaker 2: Correct, But it's all I had the same result.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, But they get into the greatness of the United States and its way of life. Has many causes, but it would be churlish to deny the role that our land itself has played in that success. The Mississippi River basin draining into the Father of Waters is that great river is known contains more miles of navigable river than the entire rest of the world put together. Wow, I did not know that, but yeah, the Mississippi is entirely navigable. Right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we have many natural harbor The first part you step across up in Minnesota. Have you ever been there? I have not where the Mississippi starts. Katie might not know this. I don't know, but the Mississippi River starts. I think it's in Minnesota. And it's so tiny coming out of its little spring there that you can just step right across it. It'd be hard to have a boat there of any size. But then it flows out most of the river that flows out into the giant, giant River.
Speaker 1: That it is right. We have many large natural harbors around which have grown up great cities such as New York, San Francisco, Boston, Seattle, New Orleans, and Baltimore and others. The history of Africa alone shows what difference can be made by the absence of these two blessings. I did not know that. I would like to learn more, but I'm picturing Africa. Africa, they do not have a lot of great natural ports, natural harbors, interesting navigable rivers I couldn't tell you about. Unlike the nations of Europe and Asia, we enjoy the protection of two vast oceans separating us from all but two neighbors by sea. As recently as nineteen seventeen, we scarcely had or needed an army worthy of the name, which is worth remembering. Back before you know air travel and or super efficient, you know naval excursions, we had no need for a navy. How's anybody gonna get here to fight us?
Speaker 2: Right, I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: An army?
Speaker 2: That's pretty interesting. So the whole nineteenth century Industrial Revolution and where the America just exploded as an economic power. If we had been in Europe, surrounded by other countries, it would have been invaded by somebody. They all tried to tell our stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, over and over again. Right, like Europe, We're blessed by huge stretches of fertile farmlands, sturdy forests, gorgeous beaches, and teeming fisheries. We were the first nation to strike oil beneath our own soil. From the Gold Rush to the natural gas boom, the land itself has showered us with plenty. Our great diversity of climes and communities means that every American restless of home. It's the sort of phrase I would never write, but it's pretty can find someplace more congenial within our borders. There remains much room to grow. With nearly three hundred and forty million people, we still have a lower population density than the Faroe Islands.
Speaker 2: I don't know which You're known, of course for there. It's like it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this though, as a kid during the seventies, Katie, it was the beginning of clickbait. It wasn't clickbait, it was take it off the news stand bait. I'm sorry that's not the beginning of it, but I think it really got perfected in that there was an ice age coming or an hot age or whatever the hell and whipping you from one mortal fear to another. And as a kid, it really got our attention the fact that within ten years we would be completely out of landfill space, the country would be completely buried in garbage, and that the population bomb was going off and there'd be no space. And then I drove across this great country and I thought, wait a minute, there's nobody here. And I've been driving for fifteen hours and there ain't been nobody for the entire time except that guy in the combine over there. Population density my eye snow Faroe Islands anyway, And yet many other big nations have natural resources in large desirable territories. That alone has not made America. We are thankful for our patrimony. It's those who gave birth to us. Essentially, Western civilization came down to us from its beginnings in ancient Greece and Rome, stretching back two and a half millennia. The Judeo Christian religious tradition traces back even further. The political traditions of England planted the seeds of American exceptionalism in Jamestown and Plymouth. From the outset, representative assemblies, consent to a constitutional charter, and the liberty of dissenting religious communities, colonies founded by charters to private companies and people, by restless gave us an entrepreneurial spirit from the outset. May we never lose it.
Speaker 2: That's truly good.
Speaker 1: We are thankful, yet again after a national election, for the genius of our political system. We're thankful that over one hundred and fifty million Americans were able to exercise their self government, their god given right to change the rulers with an election few doubt was free and fair. We're thankful that an assassin's bullet did not derail that process, however close it came in a field in Butler, Pennsylvania. Oh boy, then he reminds us. So they remind us we have the world's oldest continuous written constitution and the oldest system for the peaceful transfer of power on earth. These things have proven enduring against internal dissension and civil war, disputed elections, riots, assassinations, leaders of dubious character and competence, and huge cultural changes in conflicts. We approached the nation's two hundred and fiftieth birthday in two years, having survived in surmounted wars, depressions, slavery plagues, and great power nuclear showdowns. We traveled in less than two centuries from the old North Bridge to the Moon. And then they go into the fact that it's been our gratitude, not our grievances, that have allowed us to do great things as a nation and a continuous nation, understanding what we've got so good and not crapping on it. I'm departing from the elegant phrases of the National Review obviously to my own more earthy parlance. That's good stuff, that's great stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish she could get more high school teachers to read that to their kids, as opposed to here's where white people did something awful once again in our nation's history.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Actually, that's a great comment because the next part is about how we still look to the hardship of the Pilgrims and the Doe Boys who went over to help France because of our debt to la Fayette. We revere the Declaration of Independence, we argue over the Constitution, we recite the Gettysburg Address, because we unders stand our history is who we are, which is why, as Orwell would tell you, those who would overthrow us and Western civilization civilization are trying so hard to deny and pervert our history. Don't let them, says me. Now past the gravy.
Speaker 2: You have any idea how much money your friend makes on only hands? No, I don't know. You have any idea what they do on there? I have an idea, and that's just is it full on sex stuff? Are they like sitting on balloons or just soft core feet? It could be feed A lot of ass pictures, A lot of ass pictures. Yeah, I know that a phrase I haven't heard big.
Speaker 1: The genre, not the ass in question. I have you even't seen it? I don't know what.
Speaker 2: A lot of ass pictures, A lot of them.
Speaker 3: All different poses and locations of the house yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's what goes over my head. Here's my ass in the laundry room exactly now. The feet finder thing that makes sense, man, you know that makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: It makes no more or less sense than the ass thing.
Speaker 2: Asses. It's a little more private. An ass is sexual gratification adjacent, at least for almost everyone. The foot not so much. Right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You're right. I can see the point.
Speaker 2: Everybody says nice ass man or woman to someone or thinks it not everyone says thinks it ever for feet for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: And this is what has made this country great and what I'm thankful for the right to exchange ideas in the public square and come to an agreement.
Speaker 2: I have thought before. If well, I'll ask you, if you were an attractive Ish woman, would you consider looking into the only fans thing?
Speaker 1: Or you need to be more specific, what are my life circumstances. I'm single at this point or same as you now. You're married with kids and upstanding human being. But you could make you could easily make, you know, five thousand dollars a month, just a couple of pictures here and there, a video. It's a fair amount of money. Yeah, gosh, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I make your.
Speaker 1: Probably not. I mean there are a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Like moral reasons, yeah okay, and then state the morality behind it well.
Speaker 1: And the fear of derision and and and uh, it wouldn't exactly work in my social circle.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, so that would be me. I wouldn't do it for derision. I can't imagine in various situations where i'd be Hey, Jack saw that picture the other day, whoa dude? You know I don't need that. But I don't think I have any more. I don't think I have any moral problem with it whatsoever. I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen you doing yoga in the gym, now, I know how you got so flexible.
Speaker 2: Nice work, Katie. Well you could. You're an interactive young woman, so you have the option. Maybe you do it. I don't know. I couldn't. I don't think I can for moral reasons or or you just don't want other people to You just don't want to be that person.
Speaker 3: I yeah, I just don't have any desire to be that person. Plus that would just kill my parents.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, there you go. That's a good reason, right there, Eh, right, regard for.
Speaker 1: The morals the feelings of the people we care about is not a bad thing.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not. That's what keeps practically everybody in line. Is is there social circle, parents, friends, whatever?
Speaker 1: Sure? Well, and you know my dad is a fine and upstanding fellow in every way.
Speaker 2: But I often doing fans. Is that where the sense is crazy?
Speaker 1: Money? Yeah? Just joined Augusta National with the money he made on only No no, no, But I often think about it as we're including when we're approaching the show. What would my mom say? It was? You know, an extremely moral and decent person, and so yeah that matters.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't want to say to my dad wile in cool boat, how'd you get that? I'm spreading it on uh my fans.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is horrifying.
Speaker 2: I had to put in some bright lighting to make sure everybody could really see. Okay, you know what, Katie, the turn this took.
Speaker 1: I'm just always to always too far, doesn't know when?
Speaker 2: Huh huh, you know, I think I'll start slow. I'm gonna take a couple of elbows up there right, see if I can get a few bucks, you know, just just enough, maybe one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Male elbows dot com.
Speaker 2: Why named my boat the spreading It?
Speaker 4: Well, I thought he was done, dude, Well yeah, I guess that's it.
Speaker 2: The S S spread meant no, really, that's it, right,