Speaker 1: Coming up next, our final News Roundup and Information Overload Hour.
Speaker 2: All right, News Roundup and Information Overload Hour. Here's our toll free telephone number's eight hundred and ninety four one Sean if you want to be a part of the program. Pretty amazing statistics that we now have new police statistics. Now, remember we learned a lot about DC because as soon as Donald Trump that we cannot be in Washington, d C. Cannot be the number one, you know, homicide capital in the entire world. In other words, in terms of countries and their capital cities. By far, Washington, d C with the rate of forty one per one hundred thousand homicides. The next closest would be sixteen per one hundred thousand homicides in terms of population. And so the President said enough is enough, and the President said that he is going to send in groups and national Guard troops to help fight crime and national in our nation's capital. Well, the results in just a few short days are in. We have new police statistics showing DC's violent crime rate plunging twenty two percent since Donald Trump has gotten involved carjackings down a whopping eighty three percent. And what we also learned In the process, we learned that Washington, DC, because the liberal talking point was no, no, crime is down at a thirty year low. And then we find out from the police union and rank and file police officers that they've been cooking the books and classifying violent crimes as like misdemeanors and things just to look better and make the city look better than it actually is. But anyway, since the President got involved announced he was deploying the National Guard to fight crime in our nation's capital, crime rates are plunging. Violent crime down a wopping twenty two percent, robbery's down forty six percent, theft down twenty one one carjackings, which have actually killed people in DC, they're down to staggering eighty three percent. So my advice to Democrats is keep complaining about Trump's National Guard deployment, and keep defending those sky high crime rates that we know are altered on purpose, and keep complaining that the rights of criminals are being violated by police, and keep advocating for protesters who enjoy spitting on cops while throwing feces at them. Because people who hate the police are now the Democratic Party's most loyal voters. Good luck with that. You know, good luck with every policy you've taken on. They're championing the rights of men to play women's sports. They're championing the that they're not standing up for law abiding citizens in our nation's capital. They don't believe in law and order. They continue to support defund dismantled no bail laws. They don't want our border secure. They're the party of Abrigo Garcia, not the party of enforcing the laws at our border. And as a result, they are at an all time low in terms of their popularity. New poll out today shows, in fact that Donald Trump his popularity is surged fifty four percent. Anyway, let me play for you this and then we'll get to our friend Mike Lee of Utah. This is the Washington d C Crime Report montage from twenty twenty five, before the federalization of police.
Speaker 3: The shattered glass has been swept up, but you can see the bullet holes in a poster that lines the bus shelter at seventh and M Street's northwest, just outside one of the entrances to the Mount Vernon Square metro station. Despite life saving efforts, Eric Darpenni and JackAM did not survive his injuries that he was an intern in the Capitol Hill office of Congressman Ron Estes of Kansas.
Speaker 4: More than one hundred and forty shots fired in a Northeast community, sending bullets flying Wednesday night, families with children having to run to safety as cars, homes, even a church were riddled with gunshots.
Speaker 5: Freaking news off the top of eleven tonight at deadly doubles shoot in northwest CC right near the FBI Washington build office and the Capitol Jewish Museums.
Speaker 2: At this hour of the Fox five newsill are two separate shootings in the district leave two mandad two others hurt.
Speaker 6: We are following some developing news out of DC. Police have been criss crossing northeast Washington today. They've responded to three different shootings just hours apart. Tragedy strikes again in the district, this time likely the youngest victim of gun violence in recent years. Tonight, a family is holding on to hope, praying that their one year old daughter can ser.
Speaker 5: Five breaking news on this Monday morning. A man has been shot and killed outside a four star hotel near Union Station. This is a long New Jersey Avenue in northwest DC.
Speaker 2: All right, Joining us now is our friend Senator Mike Lee of Utah, and he, by the way, took to x to release his take on the federalization of the DC as strong positions. Also about Russia, we'll get to that too. Obviously, crime is better as a result of Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: A lot better as a result that Donald Trump. Look part of the Democratic tantrump going on right now against President Trump. Cleaning up DC involves pretending that crime is not a problem, and that it's not a problem in DC. If you did the same people sean who will see a carjacking and say, oh, that was somebody in a hurry to go visit their mother in the hospital, Or who might see vandalism in the form of graffiti and say, oh, it's just somebody practicing their calligraphy. But let's look at the facts. This city has had real problems. Our nation's capital, Washington, d C. Saw in twenty twenty three the city recording more homicides than at any time in the last two decades. Carjackings, double tourist residents, and government employees alike are now interchangeable prey. Meanwhile, they take such a lax approach toward prosecuting juvenile offenders, and it's well known that juvenile offenders are not going to do significant time relative to the crime they commit. So certain organized crime rings in the city have exploited that and utilize juvenile offenders to engage in horrific violent attacks, knowing that they won't be punished as severely as others would. So this is the perfect time to remind the American people that under the Constitution, this city is federal. When Trump talks about federalizing DC, I have plowed that and another way we could put it is to just refederalize DC, meaning restore that which has always been the case. Washington, DC is different than any other city in this country because not only is it our nation's capital, but as a result of the fact that it's our nation's capital, the responsibility for it is federal. The law making power exists within the Congress of the United States, and the power to administer those laws exists and the executive branch under the leadership of President Trump.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, because my understanding is that the President can assert this authority constitutionally for thirty days, then what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at that point, there has to be a vote in Congress as to whether to extend that or not. And I hope and have for my colleagues in the Senate or counterparts in the House, whether the Republicans or Democrats, to give him that power, assuming he seeks it, which I suspect he will, and hope that he will because it needs to continue. Look, nobody wants to go back to where we were just over a week ago. I posted on X last night, I'm at base Mike Lee account. I told the story of someone I had spoken to just last night who told me about a part of town nuts very far from where my office is, but a different neighborhood, isn't somebody who told me that every day when he goes to work, he gets out of the metro station at the nearest subway stop to his office and has to navigate through a minefield of human excrement, of trash and human waste that's been left there by vagrants, people who are just allowed to live in the streets wherever. And he said, all of a sudden, for the first time ever that he can recall he doesn't have to navigate that nobody wants to go back to the way it was before they want it clean and they want it safe, and we shouldn't turn away from that.
Speaker 2: No, if you look at it, I mean Chuck Schumer basically, well, he used an explative and me saying that there's no way that Democrats will lift a finger to help President Trump in his effort to clean up our nations capital. You know, when Baghdad is safe, for Mexico City is safer, Al Salvador is safer, and all of these other countries, you know, you got to sit back and wonder what part of law and order and safety and security, what part of the crime problem in DC and the homicide rate in DC? And they not understanding and do they think there's some political advantage in not enforcing the laws of our country and the laws of our land. Is there some political benefit at this late stage, knowing the failure of defund, dismantle, and no bail laws that maybe we're not seeing because I don't see it resonating with the American people.
Speaker 1: Ignoring the filth and danger inherent in a lawless city for whatever reason reasons I can't fully comprehend, become kind of a sacrament of the left. They feel good about themselves when they see it this way. Now, I still can't fully comprehend that the American people certainly can't. The world tends to judge a country in many respects on the basis of its capital Paris, London, Rome. These are showcases of national ambition and they're a source of pride for those countries. So if that's the and it is, and I might one judge the United States after visiting Washington, d C. Particularly parts of Washington DC that are lawless, they would be they would understandably look at that and start to think of corruption, lawlessness, and lack of safety, and look, it's we're going to be in a much better place when people are safe. When people live in a safer place, the safety of that place affects all people. They'll live much better with no credit for it. Well, we see right through them. If they can't get credit, and if it's being done by someone they hate and they seek to undermine, then they will try to stop that effort from succeeding. And I fear that that's exactly what's going on here.
Speaker 2: Quick break right back more with Utah Senator of Mike Lee on the other side. Then we'll get to your phone calls coming up eight hundred and nine four one sean. As we continue. We continue now, Senator Mike Lee, of youa is with us, We'll get to your calls coming up at the bottom of the half hour. Eight hundred and ninety four one seawan. If you want to join us, let me move on topics and let's talk about and get your thoughts on. You know what happened on Friday with Vladimir Putin and Alaska, what happened yesterday with NATO and European leaders at the White House, and the next step seems to be although I'm a little suspicious. I'm not sure if I would go in the same order as President Trump here, but they'd have bilateral meetings Putin and Zelenski, I'm not sure they can be in the same room together without killing each other. And then if that goes well, then Donald Trump would be at the next meeting and then hopefully peace in Europe. I think that would be a good thing for the world. The fact that Trump got all these people who come to Washington, I think was something that only he could accomplish. I think that he got Putin at the table is something only he could accomplish. Do I trust any of them.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think Europe has been impotent in dealing with Russian I think they've also been naive and stupid, And I think they should have been having conversations with him over the years, and they never talked to him, just like Biden never talked to him as he was amassing troops and military equipment on the Ukrainian border. I think we're better off talking than not talking. But I'm not sure how this ends. But I do give the President a lot of credit for doing something nobody else could pull off.
Speaker 1: Look what President Trump has done over the last week has been nothing short of courageous and historic. The fact that he got President Putin to fly to the United States of America and to sit down with him for many hours was itself Brett taking Lee heroic. Then what happened yesterday at the White House with leaders from all over Europe coming to talk to him and President Zelenski about how to bring a people resolution to this conflict. This is amazing. You know, with President Biden, all you had was fuel for the fire. President Biden just put more and more into the fire in order to prolonged the war while sinking a couple of hundred billion US dollars into the process. President Trump is trying to bring about the peace. How exactly it turns into peace remains to be seen. There are a couple of things today I wonder about. You know, last night, the Secretary General of NATO appeared on Laura Ingram's show and he said something that I found perplexing. He said, you know that the US and others opposed NATO membership for Ukraine. So what's on the table now are Article five type security guarantees. I'm reading that correctly. I think that means essentially no.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Of course, if you analogize this to an insurance policy, you know, with the adage that you don't ensure a house that's already on fire, visualized Ukraine is a house already on fire. NATO is a type of insurance policy. They're saying, no, we're not going to sell Ukraine this insurance policy. We're just going to give him the benefits of the insurance policy without him having.
Speaker 8: To pay for it.
Speaker 1: That appears to be what the NATO Secretary General was suggesting. I hope that's not what he meant, but that is very dangerous. The minute we start doing that, that is not only ensuring a house on fire, that is essentially putting the United States and all other NATO numbers in a real significant risk of direct conflict with Russia, which we love to engage.
Speaker 2: In America under Donald Trump is not doing that. We're not going to get involved that way. Look, I'll tell you right now, this doesn't work out, and there's a chance it won't work out. But if it doesn't work out, I can tell you how this is going to end. The President is going to put massive, massive, you know, sanctions on any country that does any business with Russia, and they're going to feel financially. In terms of Ukraine, the President either will continue to sell the weapons or he may not, depending on how things unfold and who might be responsible for what. So we'll see what happens anyway, Senator, we do appreciate you. Senator Mike Lee, Utah, thank you so much for being with us.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Show Levi Alaska on the Sean Hannity Show. What's up, Levi? How are you?
Speaker 5: Hey? I'm doing great? How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm good? What's going on?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 5: So I just had a question as to why does the United States feel that we have to be involved in every other country's foreign affairs. I noticed, like nobody is begrudging of Switzerland for staying neutral for almost two hundred years, and it's really helped out with their economy. And Lord knows, we have plenty of our own problems to deal with in our own country. And we've heard on other radios and you know, talk shows, even YouTube, other leaders of other countries are also kind of getting annoyed with our constant presence when we have so many problems of our own.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you're talking about isolationism, and there are some people that claim to be part of the mag of movement and they have a very different interpretation of Trump's foreign policy than I do. Or I call it the Trump doctrine. Uh, Trump is not an isolationist. The Trump doctrine is not isolationism.
Speaker 7: You do know that, right, absolutely?
Speaker 2: All right now, I think that we certainly start with the notion that part of the Trump doctrine is no forever wars. I think we start there, But that doesn't mean that America doesn't play a significant role in the world. You know, with the blessings and the strength that the United States has accumulated, we want to use that for the cause of good. You know, we have the Monroe doctrine. For example, we're not going to allow We're not going to allow communism so close to our country. I think it's the right doctrine, even applicable to today. I think the President, in every instance he's used military force, most recently in Iran, made the right decision. The idea of a nuclear armed Iran the number one state sponsored terror as a risk we couldn't take. I think the President was right in his first term to take out the ISIS Caliphate Convert or die. I think he was right to take out the number one terrorist, you know, for thirty years Solamani. I think it was right to take out Bagdaddi in associates. I think at the time he was right to drop the mother of all bombs on Afghanistan. The President today, commenting on Israel, he actually backs Bbie and said Hamasa's destruction is the only way now to free hostages. We've tried the peaceful route, but there's still Americans held hostage there, and nobody's done more to get hostages free than Donald Trump. Why am I saying all of this? If you're saying you want America to be Switzerland. You sounds to me like you're advocating for isolationism. Is that what you want America to be?
Speaker 5: And not full isolationism? I think like like during World War Two, I do think we should have gotten involved a little bit sooner, and we might have been able to save a lot more of Europe from the horror of war. But I think there needs to be a higher level of accountability for our leaders, like, for instance, the whole bid in getting involved in Ukraine. We might have had the chance of completely avoiding all the conflict over there had he been held to a higher standard and a higher accountability level. You know. I do think as America we have a great responsibility to share our wealth and our you know, legal system with other parts of the world that are less fortunate than us. But I do wish we would be a little less involved in other affairs.
Speaker 2: Let me put it this way. I shuddered to think what the world would look like without the power might and not perfection, nobody's perfect and the genuine goodness of the American people and our belief in the cause of freedom and advocating the cause of freedom without being the world's policeman and without the concept of forever wars. Anyway, I appreciate the call, my friend. Thank you, thoughtful discussion. Our good friend, Professor Katz in California is with us now. I was just told by my staff that apparently you're not feeling well. What's going on?
Speaker 9: Oh hi, son, Well, yeah, I'm having surgery tomorrow. I have kidney cancer basically, and I mean, thank God for all the modern technology that they were able to find out, you know now, it's just there's never a good time for that, is.
Speaker 7: It in an early staged you know, if it's spread at all, or.
Speaker 9: They're you know, they're not sure how you know, far they have spread. But it was kind of like, you know, we need to get in there right away. You know. My son was you know, told that you know, there there is no you know cure that you know, that's why they need to go in now and do what they need to do. And you know, so it was yeah, that's why they had me like, you know, yo, you need to you know, you do you have a living trust? Do you have all this stuff in order? So it's like, you know, yeah, my son just kind of said, listen, doctor, you know, I lost my dad to a sudden heart attack when I was, you know, sixteen, and I'm twenty four, and I don't want to lose my mom. And you know, so he said, you know, my mom's got a lot of things on her bucket list, and you know I'm one of them exactly.
Speaker 2: So well, I'm saying this. You know, Uh, first of all, I do know a lot about medicine because a lot of my family's been in medicine. If if, if it's still localized, your your five year survival rate is like ninety five ninety eight percent, you know it, and overall, even more advanced stages, your your odds are pretty high for survival. So I would I would have you know, take confidence. Let's hope that they got it as early as possible. Let's hope it didn't spread. And uh, there's no dying allowed for listeners of this show. You're not allowed to die on me. I'm not going to accept that as an outcome. So you know, you're going to be in every one of our thoughts and prayers. And I know it's probably very a scary time for you, and I know it's not fun to deal with this crap. It's a pain in the neck. But know that we're all going to be praying for you, and we know you're going to be calling us, you know, after your surge and letting us know that everything went okay. And uh, I'm sorry you have to go through this. I mean that with all my heart.
Speaker 9: Thank you. That's that just means the world to me. And and absolutely and it has to work out because I I mean I get up every morning. I know everybody out there has their like, you know, baggs of issues, but you know, I wake up in the morning and you know, the term you hud too means to be grateful. It comes from Toda and I am. I'm grateful every morning I wake up. The first thing Mom and I say, is you know President Trump is in the White House. I'm Minister Netanyah, who's the Prime Minister. And we get to you know, listen to you and shot you and Linda on the radio, and I get to watch you twice on the West Coast on Fox and so you know.
Speaker 2: And I'm still I don't know if Linda is such a blessing in your life. I mean, we well, she talked to you the way she talked to me. You might you might feel differently, but I'm only teasing. We you know, I will, I'll tell you this. You know, the people that I find the most thoughtful in life, the people that are most aware, the people that are the most understanding, are people that have been through very challenging times in their life. And you know, you've been a long time called of this radio show. I know already you're one of those people. You're also a much stronger person than you may even know yourself. And I know that you know mental toughness, mental strength, mental you know, your your attitude and approach to a challenge or a problem like this is very critical in what the ultimate outcome is going to be exactly.
Speaker 9: Well, one of the things Mom said is that you know you you come from, you know, the greatest generation. You know, Dad was part of that greatest generation. The young man who just called I just want to say, you know what, Thank God that my dad and all those who enlisted and fought in World War Two didn't have that, you know, we are an island attitude, because otherwise, you know, the real Hitler would have taken over. President Trump and all his supporters get you know, wrongfully chastized and called all kinds of names, but you know, they are the greatest generation who saved this world and that's why we're free. And Mom is a survivor. So when people say horrible things about Ice and about President Trump, not only do they demean Mom and all those who were mass murdered in World War Two in crematory and gas chambers, but they denigrate the memory of all those wonderful US military who fought and saved this world. And thank god that President Trump when he said America first, he didn't mean America only. And so you know, we have a strong leader in the White House. And all the Democrats are just jealous because they don't have an agenda, they don't have any policies to run on, so all they can do is attack him twenty four to seven. And you know the same is true with you know, all the Democrats here in the state and all the states where you know, whether it's Gavin Newsom, you know who you know? Still we don't know, you know, but I think Gavin Newsom will probably find the missing one hundred million dollars from the fire Aid after he finds one hundred billion from the high speed rails and the thirty seven billion from all the homelessness and the forty billion from affordable housing. So to all those people who think, you know and somewhere on our side of the aisle that you know, you know, you should just think about what goes on in your state. It's like, we're all Americans, and what what happens to one happens to all of us. So you know, get involved, you know, get it. I don't know how long this whole recovery thing. I hope I'm going to be able to be here, to be recovering.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna do for you when we're gonna be same prayers for you, And don't worry about the country right now. Don't worry about the state of the world right now. You know, go to get through your surgery, have your son, get in touch with us, let us know you're okay, and as soon as you're feeling up to it, we're gonna put you on the program. We're going to talk about your future and uh, the incredible advancement of modern medicine and how healthy you're going to be. But we love you, professor, and there's no dying on this show. Understand that's a rule you have to file with Linda. That's a fair rule.
Speaker 7: Right. We love you, Professor Katz.
Speaker 9: We're praying for you, praying for you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you just hang in there and and you're gonna be fine where I just I know what a fighter you are, and you're gonna be tough and get through this.
Speaker 7: I know it's hard, and we're praying for you.
Speaker 9: God, bless you, God bless you to thank you so much. Give my love to President Trump telling me to keep up the good work. He's amazing. He is a superman and a wonderful man, just like you.
Speaker 1: And we love you.
Speaker 2: All right, you get well soon. I'd look forward to talking to you, hopefully in the next week quickly. Matthew and Alaska. We love our Alaska callers. How are you, Matthew? Glad you called.
Speaker 10: I'm doing great.
Speaker 8: Mister Handy, how are you.
Speaker 7: I'm good. What's going on?
Speaker 10: Not much, just calling from the great state of Alaska. And I like to thank you for coming all the way up here and interviewing the interview and the president. He did a great job and we're just big fans of you. My mom and dad introduced with you when I was a little kid, and back when you and Combs were on together, and I listened to you in my Earbudton while I'm mushing my.
Speaker 8: Flood dog team down the trail. I mean, I did a rod musher in just a big brand.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's awesome. That must be pretty cool to do. I just don't know if I'd really like the cold, but I had, I'd love watching it. I admire the people. I love those dogs. They're beautiful.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the dogs are awesome. It is a little cold. If I could find some hairless huskys, I'd probably mentioned them on a beach somewhere. But they like the cold, so that's why I'm here.
Speaker 7: It's a it's a pretty amazing How fast did they go?
Speaker 10: Actually, we're just cruising about ten eleven miles an hour, kind of a you know, cross country steady eddy kind of team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what do you feed him? I assume you probably get a lot of salmon, and you feed him salmon throughout the.
Speaker 10: Year, salmin, beaver, liver, tripe, horse, turkey, chicken, all the good stuff. We joked that we eat beans and they eat.
Speaker 8: Steaks, so just got to treat them well. You got to feed them. Well, you got to take care of them.
Speaker 2: Matthew, appreciate it, buddy, God bless you be safe. Eight hundred nine one shot is on number. You want to be a part of the program prefting. So for today, Steve Whitcoffee, he was in the meeting with Vladimir Putin in Alaska, and he was in the meetings yesterday with the European and A leaders, will get his insights into the possibilities of peace. The one and Only Stephen A. Smith will look at President Trump's rising approval rating with Matt Towrey, the Great Stephen Miller, Mark Meadows, Joe Concha, set you DVR tonight, Hannity nine, Eastern Fox News. We'll see you tonight. Back here tomorrow. Thank you for making this show possible.