Speaker 1: I am Horse, I am Horse boy Killers.
Speaker 2: Remember that the Brave Killer. They call me Horse the booty Killer.
Speaker 3: Miles, I don't know that that's that's Oh sure, sure, yeah, naturally.
Speaker 1: Hold on now I'm gonna have to play it. Uh wait one of the versus and Wally says, I'm Horse the booty Killer. Yeah, okay, it's it's story raps from nas. He's taking you through his thought process.
Speaker 2: Was I'm pretty sure Horse was in the was part of Brave Hearts because that's his verse when he's like, they call me Horse the booty Killer. Yep, Oh no, it's actually the pea filler. Sorry to the thriller in Manila, just call me Horse.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's my millennial brain on drugs. Folks like, I hear Horse Horse, but I did. I hit y out with the radio.
Speaker 3: Bank.
Speaker 1: Oh man, what a great time, because Horse the Booty Killer would have been too reference to what I feel like.
Speaker 2: It would have been.
Speaker 1: Too easy to mix up with a reference to that movie where a horse fock's a guy and he died.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, mister Hans, Yeah, can you know?
Speaker 3: Oh that must be Criterion collection.
Speaker 1: Baby is in the Criteria.
Speaker 2: It's the one thing I have on my letter box. Five stars like.
Speaker 1: This all this guy does do the same one. Okay letterfuck, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three sixty seven, Episode four of GISTED.
Speaker 2: Production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: This is the podcast where we take a deep dive into America share consciousness. We now have a YouTube channel. Go check us out on YouTube at daily Zeitegeist Pod. You can see what we look like when we say stuff like this. I watched myself footnotes. I watched myself say this part of the show the other day by accident, just because I was like, we do have a YouTube channel, right, Yeah, there it is. And I look like a nineties actor playing a blind person because I'm just like reading this.
Speaker 2: The intro off of just looking at the doc.
Speaker 1: And so I've just got frozen dead eyes.
Speaker 2: So hey, well in this week's episode, you can see a booger in my right nostrils at the time that I didn't realize till after the fact, because we're professionals, Okay, part of me was like, yo, just just take my video off, like erase that shit from the internet. But you know what, fuck you, y'all can y'all can have that. That's my Christmas gift to you can see bolgers hanging.
Speaker 1: Up on Yeah. I was, we're gonna put two million dollars into digitally removing it, the way that water World had to have Kevin Costner's hairline restored digitally. Miles. Wait, no, I haven't even said your name yet. Oh the day Thursday, December fifth, twenty twenty four. Holy shit, you had a day on the internet yesterday. Guess what, folks.
Speaker 2: It's It's the day America let people drink booze legally again.
Speaker 1: It's National Repeal Day.
Speaker 2: It's also Bathtub Party Day, which feels like maybe those are kind of aligned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's like you guys people were making booze in yeah, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I don't know, have a party in your tub or celebrate the lifting probe.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, whatever do whatever? Was e we telling you about that time that we were moving out of our house and we had somebody come in because we had had a leak in our bathroom. And this plumber came in and he thought that we were the people who were moving in and not the people who had been moving out. And he pulled me aside and was like I've never seen so much water all over the place in a bathroom. I don't know what they've been doing in there, man, I think they've been having some.
Speaker 2: Sort of whoopee party. And what the fuck does that mean?
Speaker 1: Whoopee? I was like, we're the people who you're talking about, We're the whoop beers. Yeah, and that's right, we've been having a whoopele wwoop beers. Nasty. My name's Jack O'Brien aka oh trend and bomb, oh trend and bomb?
Speaker 4: How full you are of spiders? You cost at least a buck fifty and bring a new eraqnet colony, oh trending, bomb, oh trend and bomb, How fool you are of spiders?
Speaker 2: Courtesy of gross Face Killer on the discord gross Face Killer. I have to assume you you have one hundred and forty four faces or your face has dozens of dozens a dozen of dozen of freckles, because uh, that better be the grocer you're talking about, because I refuse to let you talk about my friend, the gross face Killer that way if it's the other gross face anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Grass it's Miles Gray.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean you say, blow leave autumn time with the LBC. Blow Leave.
Speaker 1: Autumn time in lbs. Shout out Cleo Universe for that one. The dove Shack. We're going g funk Era Long Beach. Thank you you.
Speaker 2: Then reference how I was calling the leaf blower cartel that Zara was talking about the leaf blower the LBC.
Speaker 1: That's perfect blowing leaves. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Great to be here, great, great to be here as well here Miles, We're thrilled to be joined. Speaking of great to be here. Ye a TDZ Hall of Fame or one of the very faces on Mount Zeitmore is a brilliant stand up comedian who you know from MTV, Comedy Central, NBC, True TV.
Speaker 2: You've heard her on Bob's Burgers. Her hour special Live.
Speaker 1: From the Big Dog is hilarious. She's a regular at the Comedy Store. Will be in North Charleston, South Carolina. Make up your mind North South. Yeah there it is coming up at the wits End Comedy Lounge December thirteenth and fourteenth.
Speaker 2: It's Blair Sucker.
Speaker 3: Jail aka the Big Dog aka Monster Truck. Bye with the Boys. Get here to get get brass tacks into the nitty gritty. Baby.
Speaker 1: There it is.
Speaker 2: Brass tacks into the nitty gritty.
Speaker 1: Hell. Yeah, that's right. We've been doing that, guys.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that we were on camera.
Speaker 2: Now I just think this is not this we do one.
Speaker 3: Thank god, because I just came straight from the gym. I didn't put on my face for the little hair and.
Speaker 1: Blair when we're doing video, you'll know we're doing video miles and I will be fucking glowing.
Speaker 2: I love so much eyeliner on. You thought I was j vans. Okay, that's oh, thank god.
Speaker 3: Want to relief because I was just powerlifting, doing some power snatch cleans. I wasn't prepared.
Speaker 1: You know, you look fine, Thanks all right.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wish people should almost see you right now and be like Bro Blair's Claire looks camera ready right now?
Speaker 3: Yeahs, come on, you're good friend. The power snatch cleans, I gotta say they're tough, but you know I'm getting into those chain what's it called blockchain muscles or snow that's something different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lateral chain by like back the anterior chain.
Speaker 3: Anterior chain, you know, trying to wait, what the fuck is that?
Speaker 1: Where is chains of muscles miles that are in your body? Uh? We gotta start having peloton.
Speaker 3: I have a personal trainer who costs forty dollars a session and for thirty minutes twice a week, and he make me the buffet guy in the universe.
Speaker 2: Damn Yo.
Speaker 1: Find those Yeah, they go to the gym or something. They come to you.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I go to the gym the jim Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So they're just like you got a whole racking shit of your house.
Speaker 3: I know my personal trainer. He's totally nuts and also a SoundCloud wrapper.
Speaker 2: Oh you can't be the way you get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta have gotta be a sound cloud because they don't know. They're all about the chains.
Speaker 2: Yo, have you heard my trap beats?
Speaker 1: Listen to this?
Speaker 2: I had his snare chain. Speaking of chains, Yeah, I have to tell.
Speaker 3: Me he's not allowed to wrap at me while I'm doing reps. B Yeahjulie. And then he flexes at himself in the mirror as well.
Speaker 1: Oh, probably does he look at and ship?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just has to take a lot of looks at himself.
Speaker 1: I feel like the way you get a really good personal trainer rate is find somebody who's like, I don't really do this for a living. This is just my side gig. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My real passion is my real passion is the thing that I actually am losing money on in a controllable ways. That's how I make my living.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes he asked me to if I want to come to his studio sessions, and I say, all no, things. I have to wash my hair that day.
Speaker 1: You don't want to go to a studio sashon.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm very busy girl. I can't make it that day.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, all right, well, Blair, we're thrilled to have you here. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, though, we're gonna tell people some of the stories we're talking about today. There was a movie style like Assassin Hit. It would seem again very early, we don't know, but person that sounds are on, I don't even think sounds there's real. I thought that was just for the movies of a healthcare insurance provider CEO, a not well loved healthcare insurance provider. So it's it's taken the internet by storm. A lot of people are speculating. We're gonna look at that, look at why that might be, why why people might be uh, you know, talking about that noticing healthcare CEO. Come on, I don't know right now in America, this is not my America. We're gonna talk about there's a new Mickey Mouse slasher movie that's coming I guess, or it's a scream but it's just scream. It's just screened scream boat. Yeah. Yeah, So anyways, we're gonna talk about that and like why people have that obsession before we get to any of that shit though, Blair, Blair, what's Jack coming at your ass? Blair? What is something from your search history that's really about who you are?
Speaker 3: Oh? The last thing I googled because I wanted to be one hundred percent candid with the zeigig. I looked it up and it was how much does try tip costs at Costco?
Speaker 2: Mmmmm?
Speaker 1: And I did think that.
Speaker 3: There was two choices of me. The one choice was eight ninety nine per pound and the top choice was nine ninety nine per pound. And I don't have a Costco card, but I was thinking about how a man I was interested. I realized, like whenever I love when people excitedly talk to me about Costco, like, are really passionate about Costco?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I always find that I'm so charmed by their passion for Costco.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Really I love a fandom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think. Yeah, And I think it's because I'm really ready to become a family man, you know what I mean. Yeah, So I think that's why that's interesting me as an age rapidly.
Speaker 1: So you're so this was not even like four practical purposes. This was a theoretical search for.
Speaker 2: For information on what looks like is that a character you're playing?
Speaker 3: I just want to I will be No. It was actually for a bit because I was writing a joke because I was like thinking about how this man was like talking to me about Costco. And at first I was like Jesus, what am I doing here? And then I suddenly was like, wait, no, I'm very charmed ry this guy is practical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this man is.
Speaker 3: He's got love in his heart. He wants to feed people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, he's looking for the most for the least amount.
Speaker 1: Exactly. It's all about that Uni price. That's right, Blair. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: What is thing? Oh? My god, thank you for asking me, because I gotta say, aliens, Aliens, Are you kidding me? I'm obsessed with the aliens. I can't stop thinking about the aliens. I spend all my time on alien TikTok. And you know, I have to say uh for being such a whack adoodle. I never thought about aliens once in my life until twenty twenty two when the government said, like, they're real, and now everyone is just so uninterested and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm amazed and obsessed.
Speaker 2: I mean, everyone thought yesterday or the third was supposed to be alien invasion day. I kept reading that on the internet, was like.
Speaker 1: Or just the fucking time.
Speaker 2: But then there are all those drones fly over like New Jersey and all over the US or people like what are these car sized drones that are like hovering around And I'm like, right, I don't know, I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was always checking out my window on the hour every day the hours yesterday because.
Speaker 1: I want that big shadow to come over and you to like kind of look up like that.
Speaker 3: Oh take me, baby, I'm ready dash alien walk me like a dog. I'm exhausted.
Speaker 1: Would you be like you know, an Independence Day.
Speaker 2: They're like those people in downtown l A on the top of the at the time was like the first Interstate Bay building, and they're like with their signs are like yes them, You're like, oh my god, you guys are eating.
Speaker 3: Slave bitch. No, I'm gonna have I'm gonna have like homemade cookies ready for that? You got do you like these are alien cookies? You like study alien?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like when I thought aliens were going to look like, they actually don't look like you. Sorry, you guys are real fucked up looking.
Speaker 3: But no, I am worried about that, genuine genuinely because you know, well, I have been perusing all the theories on TikTok and people are like, well, what if the aliens are actually mermaids? And then and then I started worrying about that because I was like, oh, I don't think they're gonna be like the hot mermaids from Peter Pan. I think I'm worried they're gonna look like a goddamn or a eel. That's just like.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, yeah fish, yeah yeah something have like the little light and the big nasty jaws.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't want that face.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, we don't want gross faces aliens. Uh, we do like face gross face killer. But yeah, it's it is something that like when we start talking about it, I sometimes am like, why do we ever talk about anything else? But I yeah, it is so interesting that like the more disclosure there's been, or the more seriously the government takes it, the more people are just like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know many you guys are saying yeah, yeah, too much.
Speaker 3: This all leads truly back to my childhood, the warp tour, because Tom Tom DeLong is responsible for all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, he definitely put Yeah man, he put his money where his mouth is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was able to infiltrate the one and convince him for disclosure.
Speaker 1: Do you think there are messages hidden him blink one ay two lyrics that like slowly just like wormed their way through the minds.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would love to talk to Tom DeLong sometime and be like, so, were you visited or how did this all come about for you? How did you know? How did this all happen?
Speaker 1: You don't know why they need to be reminded of what their age is again because they've had their memory wiped after an alien encounter. Is that right. Yeah, yes, it's such a again, Blair, I could literally talk to you about aliens, but I also want to ask you if there's anything you think is overrated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you for asking.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, I'm gonna go with one health insurance company. So I'm pissed. And then also a Blue Sky. I'm having a difficult time with the change. I really am. I just made the jump over last week. The only thing I like so far on there are the pictures of space and galaxies.
Speaker 1: The first thing you find. Yeah, I like that, That's what I found. It's like very main stream liberal takes pictures of galaxies and pictures of cats, is like. And then my process of using Blue Sky has been like slowly trying to teach it that I don't want to.
Speaker 2: See that ship, like I just you're not getting like what the ship posts drawings of like ripped mythical creatures, like big songs and shit. That's really definitely definitely there's like, yeah, there's some there's some interesting like earthwork on there.
Speaker 3: Really Okay, that could change my mind. I could come around.
Speaker 2: Wait, so what's the thing that you're kind of having trouble with in the transition because I mean it looks the same. There's definitely some features that like I wish the note, like when you go into your notifications you could switch between like mentions and not.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, I feel truly insane posting on three platforms. I mean, I'm like, if there's a definition of mental illness, this is it. But I it's just really weird. It's like I feel like I'm basically writing in my diary because I don't have any followers, and I'm like, this is really weird. I don't know the whole thing, right right right.
Speaker 2: I found it kind of liberate.
Speaker 1: We can remedy that. Yeah, oh yeah, I mean to your handle on Blue Sky, I mean I.
Speaker 3: Don't know because it's they make it like five words. It's just Blair Sockey Blue Sky or whatever.
Speaker 1: Social Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like Social. Social is piss Freak four twenty.
Speaker 6: Hope.
Speaker 3: I hope he makes an account because I think him so much.
Speaker 1: It's so weird.
Speaker 2: Like when I when I saw you on Stave's World, the first thing I thought of was piss freek for twenty. For some reason, it wasn't like, oh shit, Blairs with Staros. I was like dude, whatever happened to piss Free for twenty?
Speaker 3: Dude, piss Free four twenty has been with me for so long, like if if, that'll be my greatest loss when I leave very soon. Yeah, and by hockey number one fan, my two best friends.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna be like when I saw you on Stavi's World, I was like, oh, piss Freak four twenty is gonna be so happy.
Speaker 3: But I think it's just change. I don't like change, and I but I the one thing I find thrilling about Blue Sky is how it's just hamorrhaging to Elon Satan Musk. I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's really the only reason I'm there. Yeah, because I do cheat on it a little once I go back to my problematic fave over on Twitter and like, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Man, some of these are better than what I'm but the United Healthcare CEO posts are a little bit better on Twitter.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna but we'll get there. We'll get there. People.
Speaker 2: These are the early days.
Speaker 1: It's just it's a red sky because for early morning and well, yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about the big crime. Oh, the day that set the internet on fire yesterday. Where we're at and why people are upsessed with this killing.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back and yeah, So the biggest healthcare insurance provider CEO was killed in front of the hotel that I stayed at like a month and a half ago, and that is really part of the store.
Speaker 2: It's immediately made about the fact that you stayed at that hot that Hilton.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I noticed that you didn't write it in the headline.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm just glad you narrowly escaped this, okay, Jack, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Very narrowly. How do we know the bullet wasn't meant for me? We don't. We don't yet know that. We know very little. I was there two months prior. But this is a company, United Healthcare, that had already been getting a little bit of attention. Yeah, because some people, because they don't pay people's healthcare costs.
Speaker 2: They're the biggest insurance provider, you know what I mean. The basically what happened was, I'm sure people know, like a gunman just pulled up right behind this guy in front of the hotel and shot him down with like a silenced gun and yeah, and then hopped on a city pike and went off into Central Park and vanished. And I think that right now the manhunt is on as of the time we were recording this, since it is later on Wednesday. So then basically he was later pronounced dead and the cops did say that they this was like a targeted shooting.
Speaker 1: So if this was.
Speaker 2: Targeted, what could the motive possibly be? Is what immediately I think launched a thousand takes on the internet. But I think that's what kind of makes this story very interesting and feels like we're on the I don't know, in the edge of something very different but united again, biggest healthcare provider. Most people would describe their practices as evil, which I think is pretty standard across most health insurance providers. They bring in almost six billion dollars a quarter in profits. That's two billion a month in profits. Okay, yes, this guy, Brian Thompson, his pay was around reported to be around ten million a year. So again, this is not a small business person as someone who's like at the front of like a gigantic behemoth company that again praise on people's need for health insurance to extract profits. So the most recent headlines just surrounding United in general have to do with obviously, like their constant denial of insurance claims, like day by far deny the most insurance claims out of any provider.
Speaker 1: They've been using number as he was about to get on stage and say, we're putting up numbers. We are denying so many claims.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're playing ball in way the diplomats they were using AI to deny claims they have. They were like anti trust investigations by the Department of Justice and like seriously shady shit, like they let their clearinghouse and claims processing system go down, which essentially stopped money flowing to the physicians and hospital that are providing the care that they're like, okay, now pay me for for dividing the care, you're the insurance company. And so that lack of money moving through the system has led to a lot of cash strapped practices that are being bought up by fucking United Healthcare.
Speaker 1: Well you know what, it's you know who has a lot of money now that we're no longer paying you U. Yeah, so where uh you need to read to buy you exactly exactly. It really loves that.
Speaker 2: So, I mean there's a lot like the one thing that I was really reading about, like because Thompson was in charge of like Medicare and government programs, and that side of United's business is pretty fucked up. So for like they're they right now they're enrollees in their Medicare advantage program. They account for like almost thirty percent of like the people who are like on Medicare. And again they're doing this whole thing where they lean on doctors to put these diagnosis codes into the patient's medical records. And then those codes again, those give you a score or that are like how healthy or sick is this person? And if you are more sick, then you are able to get more money from the government. So they're telling doctors like you need to put you We want these people. It's beneficial for us as a company if these people look as sick as possible.
Speaker 1: Can you do this?
Speaker 2: And again this is from this report quote Medicare advantage insurers have gained the system by excessively coding their members, resulting in massive over payments to the companies. Over payments based on coding alone are expected to total fifty billion dollars this year, more than the Department of Justice's entire budget. Dozens of former doctors and employees at United Health Medical Practices told stat how they became enmeshed in United Health strategy to make their patients seem as sick as possible. Doctors said the company had a fixation with medical coding to generate more revenue, encouraging clinicians through bonuses and performance reviews to identify more health problems in patients, even if those conditions seemed dubious. I mean, I think most people know that our healthcare system is not like on up and up, But that's like you'd hope that this event would maybe kick off some kind of reckoning with our healthcare system. But I feel like in the age we're in, we're more likely to probably see headlines saying that's like it's actually immigrants that are the ones that are causing sky rocketing health care costs, and not the fact that these insurance companies are basically controlling the game from both ends. His wife did say that he had been receiving threats prior to this. This is what you told NBC News quote. There had been some threats. Basically, I don't know. A lack of coverage was how she described like people's eyes what people were mad about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well this, honestly, this story sounds like the opening scene of a Batman movie. I'm not even kidding. Yeah, And these are the most unre This is the most unregulated predatory industry in our country and profiting like and you know, the the suicides and things that happen that go into medical debt and like I'm going through this thing. I'm about to have surgery on my head to remove a mass in a couple of weeks, and it's been a two year long process. I have, like I pay one of my biggest expenses is like private health insurance, and it increases dramatically every single year. I was having so many, so much trouble getting these scans that I almost just gave up. I feel like so bad for people who It made me realize so much about health insurance in the health industry and people who have real cancer and all this stuff. What they go through is just so sad and like I don't I also don't like when people celebrate like bad people's deaths, Like I find it barbaric no matter who they are, Like I'll never be excited that someone was murdered because then you become just like them. But like this is a true, true issue and it does mark and maybe I'm wrong and chronically online, but it also just feels a general escalation worldwide of things like that are happening right now, just just like an intensity and escalation of energy that's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of I feel like a lot of the stuff we've been talking about in the aftermath the election with regards like people being fed up with the system and like voting the way they did because they just wanted to go with the side that wasn't like the current system is working great, We're killing it over here. I think the industry, the version of the current system as it currently exists that people that is affecting the most people's lives and the most transparently evil and malfunctioning way is the healthcare and like health insurance industry, And so it makes sense that this would be like a place where we would see like something up on this front. But well, they have.
Speaker 3: Like some demonic practices. Like I remember when I was like tweeting through I had this biopsy denied and the someone wrote me and was like I work in the billing at the health insurance company, and just so you know, they make us deny the first to requests automatically.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, how is that even possible? You try to make people give up and.
Speaker 6: Then they still it's like come back, sicker, Yeah it come back, come back when you're.
Speaker 3: Really automatically deny, Like how is that even how is that legal?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And that's why United has like a lot of healthcare or a lot of turnover with people that are dealing with claims because they're like, what is it Like you're telling me like this this person needs care and you're like no, no, no apolicies like just to fucking deny it first and then if they really want it, then they'll come back.
Speaker 1: Anyone who's ever had to deal with insurance companies, whether you have like good insurance or like bad insurance or you know, health insurance in the United States, like their ultimate goal is to not pay for the thing that you need them to pay for, right, And it's like it's obvious, and they do a lot like a lot of the we've talked about like people's suspicion around the Democratic parties, like you know, having these really complicated programs that people that are supposed to like solve the problems that I think people are suspicious of that because the you know, corporations and like the current system hides behind complexity, and like the things that are always hiding behind complexity and long contracts or like long bureaucratic processes is always like fucking you over and like funneling money upward towards the corporations, and like they are the version of that that most people are going to you know, theft hiding behind complexity is like their mo o, and you know, I just feel like it makes sense to me that this is going to be a place where people are feeling a ton of rage and like that there's a big we've We've talked before about this book, The Ministry for the Future. That's it's a sci fi novel, but it's about like the near future and like how things will start to like break apart and could fix themselves. And like one of the things that they predict we're going to start seeing are these like more class based terror attacks where like the thing that they talk about is like private jets start getting like taken down by drones like out of the sky, and like that's the only way they can get like the wealthy to stop flying in private jets and then the wealthy to get on board with like a carbon based economy because they're like kidnapped and held hostage at Davos, And like, I do feel like we're probably going to start seeing something like that at some point in the in the coming years.
Speaker 2: It's it's an it's an inevitability when you have such gaps in wealth. Yeah, people do understand that you can harm someone or kidnap someone to get money. Like, yeah, it happens everywhere there's massive wealth inequality. I think it's just like looking at you know, the whole picture, it is. Yeah, Like I'm like, this feels like an for sure, an escalation. But again, like there's gonna like to your point, Blair, there'll be a lot of hand ringing over whether or not this person's death was justified. But I think that's completely misses the point when the real discussion needs to be around whether or not like our greed based system of care is justified. That's really like if it's just all about who's who's the guy? What were they thinking? Why did they use a city bike? It's like the real the real fucking issue is that we have completely normalized and we celebrate this system of like squeezing profits out of people to the point of financial and emotional bankruptcy, and like we that that that is immoral, and I know it'll be much easier to sort of get into the minutia of things to avoid those kinds of discussions.
Speaker 1: But that's all of this.
Speaker 2: Like when you see, like to your point in Jack, like the rage and lack of sympathy or empathy for this guy, it's all born out of the fact that many people have felt they're like, well, this guy is profiting off of an industry that quite literally puts people to their premature death in the name of profits, and that's there's a lot of just that anger not being addressed. Yeah, is only I think going to increase, especially as people's financial situations get dire and like people get like you read all these horses, like I had a procedure done and they've discovered I had cancer, but then they said they were going to deny my coverage because there was a pre existing condition, Like then what are they Like, you're telling people, Yeah, you're fucked, that's the message you're giving people, And that I can manifest in a number of ways, and I think it's still early right to know what may or may not have happened. But the police are definitely like it feels targeted.
Speaker 1: We like the reason is, yeah, I feel like the story is people's reaction and the fact that people are like kind of celebratory. It's like, you know that that's a dark place we're in, but I feel like that will be that that's going to get people's attention. And you know what, whether the person is like some assassin who's doing this for class based reasons or for like retribution, or it's just you know, like I don't know, but my touch point for crimes like this that always like seem like they're going to have one you know, story, one like shape to them like that a lot of times, like the anthrax attacks immediately after nine to eleven, where it just seemed like, Okay, this is this is our new reality. There's just gonna be widening like anthrax attacks, and like that's how the terror attacks are going to be happening from now on. And then it turned out it was like probably a guy who worked in the government anthrax labs who investigated the anthrax attack and was like doing it to try and get more funding for his anthrax labs because they were like just like like I get the equivalent of that would be like this person, this killer is like doing it because he is in the industry of like security for wealthy people, and he's like trying to get like drum get business for rich people, which, by the way, that is going to happen, like the wealthy are this is boom times for private security companies. I have to assume after this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but they just need someone I mean, I know this has been said forever, but like they need to completely overhaul that industry, like someone hardcore passed, put the hammer down, make some hardcore laws, like revamp the whole thing.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I think this is the gridlock that we experienced, right because to most people are like this can't keep going, And then to the people on the other side of that equation who are reaping the prophets, like this shit is never gonna fucking stop.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: And we'll put as much money as possible into making sure the laws don't change, and even if it is Obamacare, we'll find a way to start making money on other ways. Even if Obamacare will cap the profits we can make on healthcare, then we'll find other, like other avenues to profit off of, which they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Obamacare was written by private like people from the private insurance healthcare health insurance come industry. Like that's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because that's what before it is like, well, we pay the insurance. And then they're like, so there's a cap on what you make from insurance. But then then they must have known this in writing it. They're like, but there's no cap to what we can make off of providing medical care. And that's when things started changing and this consolidation began. But yeah, I think that's what like that sort of frustration is because a lot of times you're like with climate change and things like this, you're like, these people are fucking killing us, and you're like, how the fuck is there no recourse? And you always talk about like the least people aren't afraid of, like the proletarians basically yeah, and that's that like, and people always wondering like is that what they need? They need to be scared or whatever, And this is kind of like I think feeding into that because that's you see so many people I think even Jack if it comes out and this the motive had nothing to do with like health insurance practices. I feel like people because they are so enraged by the system, it will completely memory hole that because it feels like a clean cause and effect, like these people are fucking monsters and that's just what fucking happens. I think so many people are truly just feel that rage in their bones because whether it's it's.
Speaker 3: A crisis, it's a real crisis. Like and you hear those horrific stories that are just so heartbreaking where someone will take their own life because they don't want to burden their family with the debt or stuff like that. It's just so devastating and dystopian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or get like divorced so then their spouse won't have to incur any of like the debt. There's like you're like, what kind of maneuvering is this that we don't Again, this was interesting because like when shinzo Abe was assassinated and that guy shot him with a homemade shotgun, it was interesting people and like the news the way the country sort of handled that was sort of like, well why, And then it became this larger thing about how political parties were entrenched with different organizations and there was like a reckoning there. I just don't with something like this. I don't will this actually, like I'm curious how the mainstream media covers this. Is it just going to be like this is out of control. People have like homemade suppressors and are walking around on the streets of New York.
Speaker 1: We need police.
Speaker 2: That's probably the way to go, because that makes existing industries more you know, profitable, rather than why and what is the big problem here? But I feel like then you start getting into universal healthcare and that seems to be you know, a third rail. Then you got to understand is.
Speaker 3: Going to be like poor person was mad?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, right, yeah, well yeah, probably both sides want that to be the shape of the story enough that like that will become somehow or another of the story until they like actually catch the person and they're like it was actually numerology, Uh, I just picked them at random.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: And we'll come back and talk about a new Mickey Mouse slasher film. Come on, and we're back. We're back, and another week, another slasher film based on a well known iconic pop culture children's figure. What okay, Popeye a children's figure. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean I grew up. I've seen enough Popeye cartoons. I don't know if like in the forties or cartoons for kidboard don't no. These are for sailors. This is their favorite show, pop by the Sailor man, I mean the Sailor film.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So again, just like with Popeye and with Winnie the Pooh, all of these characters that are entering the public domain, it feels like the first instinct is to be like, let's make a fucking contained slasher film with this ip and people are gonna fucking love it. I haven't seen a single one of these things. I'm guessing that the fact that they're being more are being made that they're somewhat profitable. I have no idea. So the thing is, there's a new a slasher movie coming out called scream Boat because the early Disney cartoon Steamboat Willie with Mickey Mouse entered the public domain recently, and the side note the film was entirely filmed on that decommissioned night Staten Island ferry that Colin Jost and Pete Davidson own that was the actual shooting location. Getting Yeah, they got it. They bought a decommissioned Staten Island Fair and I think they were immediately like, what the fuck did we just do this for? Anyway, that's where the movie shot. We just saw the trailer. I'm like it, it doesn't look great. But my biggest question is, because I'm not a horror fan, why what the fuck is with just wanting to be like, yeah, man, make fucking Mickey like a freaking murder puppet that cuts people's faces off and ship. I'm I'm completely missing the point here, and I'm I need I need help understanding it's it was upset to see steam Boat Willy like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, first of all, I don't know if these are successful enough to like, like, is it enough for them to just go viral when they release the trailer and then get like eight hundred people to watch them, and they like make back their money because they don't look like they cost a ton of money. It's like they're putting sticking a like well known icon.
Speaker 3: Ip always ip ye, Goddamn.
Speaker 2: Baby, Okay, Winnie the Pooh, Blood and Honey did five point two million dollars worth.
Speaker 1: Then they're making Yeah, this is the one. This is something only we know because we watch all the trailers when they come out, and yeah, this was one that came out like two years ago when Winnie the Pooh became public domain and it was two people and like Winnie the Pooh, masks just slaughtering a bunch of people at like a house that they had like an Airbnb rental would be my guess. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But and then the second one also made over like seven million, so I didn't know it was one hundred thousand dollars. Yeah, that's insane, that's I guess that's what it is. That's a massive prospect. Yeah, it doesn't matter the reach. It's like not bro like got seven point seven.
Speaker 1: Like it's the same thing that causes people to like want to draw Marge Simpson having sex with Ned Flanders or you know, like or Sonic the Hedgehog or you know the I don't have to list all the different cartoon characters that people are large Simpson having sex with, but I mean that you draw people mild Okay, sorry, yes, people. What is wrong with people? Huh? What is wrong with these? People?
Speaker 3: Are so sick these days, So I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what's up with these sickos.
Speaker 3: But it is also sketch books behind you Jess, yeah.
Speaker 2: Moleskin real quick, No can do uh it's that's been sealed. Sorry, it's pages are stuck together.
Speaker 1: It's one of the first things I've noticed that like kids get interested in like doing doing like profane things with.
Speaker 2: Like pop culture objects.
Speaker 1: Like my kids sing about like the Barney the Dinosaur song, you know, like it did you guys ever hear that when you were like growing up me, let's came up and kill Barney Barney? Yeah, And like that's still that has staying power. That was like a song when I was a kid, and it like my kids are still singing it, and it's like the first time that they get to on the school yards start doing like like you know, viral shit, Like it's the equivalent of like saying bad words to them.
Speaker 3: My mom would always make you hate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, And you know, it's just a figure that they're aware of, and like they get to sing songs about him getting shot or thrown out of a plane, which I guess is safer than like fantasizing about doing that to.
Speaker 1: Real people because there's like a cartoon character remove I guess the thing that I'm more surprised about is like that nothing has hit, like nobody has tried this on a broader scale like it you know, like it doesn't does.
Speaker 2: I feel like like IP warfare, you know what I mean, Like if Warner Brothers right produced to the steamboat Willie thing like dozen Er. I don't know, everyone fucking owns each other, so maybe it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like going with my Halloween costume test, where you like, look at the top Halloween costumes and those things like always have movies about them that do really well, Like scary clowns are a very popular Halloween costume, Like there's they're everywhere in horror movies. And then like Joker and Witches, zombies, vampires like these are all like the top things that movies are about and they've been like top Halloween costumes. I feel like a killer version of like Mickey Mouse should be a more popular Halloween costume. But it's not like I feel like it doesn't resonate as much as you might as much as people would expect.
Speaker 2: It, probably because you have to go through the act of making it all fucked up well in a bag. That's one thing where You're like, no, I buy Mickey and I buy the fake blood, and then I'm fucking like that's I think maybe that's like the step that people aren't quite taking.
Speaker 1: And then the killer cheerleaders and ship you know.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, sure, I mean yeah, I guess really the easiest it's like always Aukham's raised. It's like, no, they're being made because they're they're just they're cheap to make.
Speaker 1: They're cheating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the prospect of being like, oh, look at this terrible looking fake ass Popeye that looks nothing like anything I would ever be scared of. You're like, but it does have those big football forearms. Yeah, I guess I'll watch that, and that my money. So yeah, all right, I guess we need to get into this game, dude. That's right, Yeah, better than people who are doing it right now?
Speaker 5: Like, is it?
Speaker 1: Does it always have to be slasher?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Can't Steamboat really terrorize people in a way more like psychologically fucked up way than merely being like it's a little fucking mouse with a knife.
Speaker 3: That trailer it scared me, I'll be honest.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I don't want to see it.
Speaker 3: I'm not a horror gal for that reason. Anything scares me. Honestly, being awake scares me. But that is a scary trailer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's not for me again, that's it's not for me.
Speaker 1: It's I have a bias against horror, Like I grew up liking horror movies, and I have a bias against horror movies on boats for some reason like that. One of the big disappointments of my movie going life was when Jason Takes Manhattan was coming out and then like it actually was just like Jason takes a boat to Manhattan and like is in Manhattan. Very different movies on one set for five minutes at the end in Manhattan, but it was just like Friday's thirteenth Cruise ship.
Speaker 2: Was just fucking people on a boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people up on a boat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I've had the last horror movie. I watched it and maybe was like I know what you did that summer and that was another damn you stay true. The water was.
Speaker 1: A mariner like a dog, yeah yeah, the mariner was the killer. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: The yellow slicker yellow slicker with the hook yeah yeah yeah, yea yeah yeah, fisherman.
Speaker 1: We're right here.
Speaker 2: What did you say it was Jennifer lef Hewitt and The Rain that's all yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah no.
Speaker 1: Which was very rude and I thought a bad strategy on her part, but she survived.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Jennifer hew It, I hope she's doing well.
Speaker 2: Let's see what things that become public domain.
Speaker 1: Five.
Speaker 2: Let's see if we can get ahead of this. Okay, what do we got here?
Speaker 1: Oh? Nothing?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: There's Jesus, give me a give me an easy list. It's like characters or something.
Speaker 1: I was going to take some.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Coke Go Nuts by the Marx Brothers. Remember, let's see the cock Eyed World sequel to What Price?
Speaker 1: What Price? Glory? Oh man, this is not good. This we are this is not stay. I mean the big one was Mickey Mouse, and like I so in the trailer, you just see the shadow of a small figure. You don't even really see the ears, do you or do they like because you do? Okay? Yeah yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: At least I saw like like the puppet that they use, and that shit looks like just black and white Mickey basically made of felt.
Speaker 1: But okay, we'll kill you, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I uh the Popeye one was probably my favorite of any of these because they just like it's the dumbest, it's the dumbest and like the most they're just like we're putting putting the money on the on the table here, We're we're showing you some of the gruesome, like getting their s out ripped off.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I'm sure we'll get a Red Band trailer soon enough.
Speaker 1: We'll all be excited.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wonder just because Mickey is so belove it and it's just so awful, Like people will be so I think shocked to see Mickey do such a thing that maybe it will do not my Mickey. Yeah no no, but this is steam will we'll all go see it together, right, Blair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally can't wait.
Speaker 1: Did he even like come out in theaters? Yeah? They do, winning the pool Blood and Mine? Okay, Well, Blair, Saki, it's been such a pleasure having you as always on the daily.
Speaker 3: I have the time of my life. Never had a better time in my life.
Speaker 1: Wow, amazing. I don't believe you. But that's so nice of you to say. You just seem like a person who like has a rich life full of like fun experiences. Yeah, this is to see him coming in. Yeah, it's yeah, I can't I can't imagine that's true. Maybe you were just like kind.
Speaker 2: Of see my family's right, and we're thrilled to have you back because when you're here.
Speaker 1: You are family, Blair, Hospitality, How to know, I do know how to speak your language? Blair?
Speaker 2: Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Ni gang? If you're not following me by now come and join me. Okay, you can find me everywhere at Blairsaki, B L A I, R, S, O, C C I on all platforms for my stand up dates blairsaki dot com, punch Up Live, A punch Up dot Live, slash Blairsaki and watch my special on YouTube now. And yeah, I'll be in Charleston December thirteen. In fourteenth, I'll be in Raleigh and West Nayak, New York and the January as well, so look up for those dates.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, West Nyak. Is there work a media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Oh funny that she asked Jack. Yeah, first, you know I want because I know you have listeners that I listened to this. I have succumb to the a court books, a court of thorns and roses and it's like, yeah, these fantasy books about huge, buff muscled fairies that are obsessed with they're so good and I.
Speaker 1: Have it fairies have a movie in them because they are always near the top of the Halloween costume list, but they don't have like a huge movie yet they need it.
Speaker 3: They're coming, baby, because this is sweet the Nation, much like you know Twilight and Harry Potter and stuff the women. And then aside from that those books, I'm on the third one very much enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Which what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: It's a Court of Thorntons, you know, tar, Yes, I'm coming to it very late. I'm like, way way behind.
Speaker 1: Was reading this.
Speaker 3: I was like, what the I'm sure, yeah, they're really fucking and they're so horny, but it's just incredible. And then the other of this tweet, I like at down Gone and parody a picture and it's a picture of Lisa Rinna and Bethany Frankel and it says, my sleep paralysis, themon's watching me before I take the Benadrill.
Speaker 1: Great Court of Thorns and Rosie. This is the one. This is the I've been saying for a long time. We got a fairy movie that's gonna blow up. Hello, they're developing it as a series and not a movie. They're fucking up here.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm glad, horny buff fairies. I can all wait, I.
Speaker 1: Can all wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just drag it out, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miles, I would have loved to see it on the big screen.
Speaker 3: What if it's going to be the next Game of Thrones without all the decapitation and rape?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the the high water mark would be like if they if they could get it to that level. But it's being developed on Hulu. Hello, they give does Hulu do smut? Good? Oh?
Speaker 3: How dare you smut?
Speaker 2: I mean give me this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But you wanted to you want to be right?
Speaker 3: Oh, Miles, that's open to interpretation.
Speaker 2: You know whatever I'm saying, will it be? Will it be requisitely horny enough? You know?
Speaker 3: Look, they did a nice jobless showgun, so one can only huge.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, I did do a nice shows how one episode that's it's incredible.
Speaker 3: You got to go back, Miles.
Speaker 2: Did they that shows everybody cutting their bellies open?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's really good, Miles, If you stay with it, I promise.
Speaker 2: All right, miles language they're talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where can people find you as their workimedia you've been enjoying, Yeah, find me at miles of Gray wherever they got at symbols.
Speaker 2: That's all the old, the old places and the new, including Blue Sky, which you know, catch me there. I'll actually, oh shit, I struck my phone. There's way more interaction going on there. A skeet I like is from at Benedict's Red on Blue Sky. They said, I fear being rich no longer means being in the backseat eating Djon mustard from the jar.
Speaker 1: Yep for a certain era that hit.
Speaker 2: Also shout out to everybody who's tweeting their Spotify wrapped and showing so much love. It's great seeing how much you guys fuck with the show.
Speaker 1: And it's always wonderful and heartwarming. And I can't thank you enough.
Speaker 2: We can't thank you enough because it really, you know, it's it's kind of it feels a little bit abstract talking to each other, uh, you know, and just having this out on the internet.
Speaker 1: Surprise so much. I really, yeah, I can't. It's it's a surprise every fucking time. Thank you guys. Please please keep sharing them, Please please keep sharing I need to show my mom to get her to sign off on my court card.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: You can find me on blue Sky at Jack ob one the number one, and you find me on Twitter. A Jack underscore Obrian and a b loose Guy that I've been enjoying is from John Hendron fart The tweeted the first time I went to Las Vegas in like two thousand and eight, I attended a timeshare sales seminar to get a free buffet ticket, and my salesman saw I wasn't biting at all, so when a hail Mary, he took me into a smaller room and said, look, man, I was there on nine to eleven.
Speaker 3: That's a jack that was made for Jack.
Speaker 1: I do love some nine to eleven stories. Have you ever done a timeshare in order to get something like gone to a timeshare sharing seminar in order to get like I did at once, to get free a free hour of jet skiing, And that's what they always do it.
Speaker 3: I thought you had to be above fifty three years old to do that.
Speaker 1: No do no share, Oh no Dodger games.
Speaker 2: When you're leaving, they're like, hey, do you want to free like flight to somewhere and then like the friend prince like you will be in a nine course where we will drill into your head the benefits of this time. Sir, I had to physically restrain your.
Speaker 1: Majesty from going down that road. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is not what you fucking think it is. And even if you know you're not gonna buy it, do not subject yourself to it. It's not worth it to say.
Speaker 3: Even after all these years, the joy that it brings me when you call your wife her majesty is incredible. I hope all men listen and follow suit, especially my future husband, who is hopefully listening right now.
Speaker 1: Sir Costco of.
Speaker 2: Sir Costco to you, and you'd be Lady Costco.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do the equally classy and romantic my wife, which the two genders. I think that's a lot of hearts of flutter. Yeah, borat right, will you be my wife?
Speaker 2: That's how I propose?
Speaker 1: No, No, you can find us on Twitter, Yeah, I said where you can find me. You can find us on Twitter at daily zekeeist.
Speaker 2: Are we on Blue Sky yet.
Speaker 1: At ze Daily Guys?
Speaker 2: On Instagram? We got a Facebook fan page.
Speaker 1: We're on YouTube. Also, you can go check us out on YouTube. We got a website daily zeus dot com. Not to brag, but yeah, we got a website dailyzeike guys dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes. We link off the information we talked about in today's episode. We also do that in the show notes, but in this episode in the show description, we also link off to in these footnotes a song that we think you might enjoy. Hey, Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Actually, uh this I almost said Uchi Wally remix because you're talking about that before the track that I think people are going to enjoy?
Speaker 1: Where is it? Oh?
Speaker 2: So I was just I was like watching some random, like Instagram real video, but this like super like spooky dark version of technotronics Pump Up the Jam, the iconic hit electronic dance music.
Speaker 1: If you've ever watched What Was It? The What's the Come On Earth?
Speaker 2: Always cutting away to the technotronic bit. Okay, this is like it's a remix by Hohogo Kantata, and this remix it feels like it's it's like it completely changes the vibe of Pump Up the Jam, and it feels way more menacing, so I really enjoy it. So this is Pump Up the Jam the Hugo Cantata remix.
Speaker 1: Check that out. Yeah, it's a good one. We will link off to that in the footnotes. Today, guys, are the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to y'all then bye bye bye, love you.
Speaker 3: Thanks,