Speaker 1: Tourists.
Speaker 2: I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 1: You don't know if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came, Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 2: It's Lauren de Rosa and this is the Latest with Lauren de Rosa. This is your daily dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news and all of the conversations that shake the room.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: So today we are, you know, getting into another holiday conversation that is going to shake the room for show for show, and we're going to have someone on the line. We have an anonymous caller, uh you know here at the Latest with Lona Rosa. We get on the line with the low riders and just hear how they're feeling and what they have to say. So we were here, you were having a conversation about the holidays, and you're seeing all the celebrities at this point with the gifting and the you know, all of the the the fine things that they do for.
Speaker 3: Their significant others.
Speaker 2: Some of the biggest celebrities have been all of it down our timeline with the gifts that they've been giving that they've been received.
Speaker 3: So we want to know what is too soon.
Speaker 2: How soon it's too soon to buy holiday gifts for someone that you were dating.
Speaker 3: So Brandon is here with me, he's on the pod.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I'm back.
Speaker 2: So tell the people who you are. I don't think we've ever given you like an official title. Brandon produces this segment.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I produce this segment. I work with Lauren on the Breakfast Club with the Latest and yeah, so we decided to do this segment. And we said we're gonna do what like once or twice a month?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes we are.
Speaker 2: He was like, you know what, we need to get the people more engaged, just like five to eight million people on the audio side, you know, just a.
Speaker 3: Little flex before we get into the new year.
Speaker 2: So we decided, you know, we wanted to do more to be able to get y'all involved and kind of just engage a bit. And coming from radio now, I can say that I see how important it is for your listeners to feel like they're a part of the show.
Speaker 3: So here we are.
Speaker 2: So we will actually be posting the number via like on all my socials, I'm Lauren Lorosa everywhere, but I also say it pretty often on the podcast as well.
Speaker 3: Here too, So you guys will know the number. It'll be easy calling.
Speaker 2: We'll have it established eventually in later episodes, so you'll have that.
Speaker 3: But getting to the.
Speaker 2: Question, how soon it's too soon to buy holiday gifts with someone that you are newly dating.
Speaker 1: M okay, So I feel like there's a lot of unwritten rules to this. So if y'all are not together and it's like real new, maybe y'all talking for a few weeks, I don't think they necessarily getting like real new like a week like weeks.
Speaker 3: I don't care if you've been talking to me for a week, if.
Speaker 1: The like like just started dating, like maybe one or two dates, you getting.
Speaker 2: That Christmas you don't got to be like you got to buy me a new house, but like something that's just like, oh, you know what I mean, I'm enjoying conversation with you.
Speaker 3: Here's like a nice perfume or a perfume.
Speaker 2: Or like, I think the the I do think, the bigger the gifts can. I wouldn't be mad if it depends on the amount of time that you've spend with me, because I can understand you not wanting to throw a lot of money into someone you barely even know.
Speaker 3: But I think it's a nice gesture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then I feel like, so, what's the time period, Like, at what point in a new relationship do you buy a gift?
Speaker 3: Like what's the mark?
Speaker 1: I believe maybe like over like two months, like two months, then we can get a gift. Or if you'll official and it's new, you can get a gift. And even like if you're not official, I feel like that even depends on what the gift is, Like a grandiose gift without a commitment's little odd? What why? All right? All right? Explain Maybe I'm tripping. Explain I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean again, it does have to be like a brand new car or house, unless that's how you come in. I'm not mad at it. Just make sure you know everything is in my name and fully paid for it. Don't give me nothing that I got to figure out. But I don't think that there's anything wrong with the gesture of Hey, it's Christmas. I'm enjoying your company, I'm enjoying your voice, I'm enjoying your conversation. Here's something so like maybe in those two weeks of conversation I mentioned to you, I like to get my nails done at a certain place, or you know, I like to eat at a certain place, or I'm head on a trip for New Year's even.
Speaker 1: I mean, no, that's cool, but I do feel like the price point matters.
Speaker 2: Okay, And I'm not mad at that. I mean, I'm not mad at that whatsoever. I don't think that it's required, but I think it would be nice, like dang, that's like I also, you know, for this conversation, I always think too about like Valentine's.
Speaker 3: Day, and when you're newly dealing.
Speaker 2: With somebody, it's like, when do you guys officially celebrate Valentine's Dy to.
Speaker 1: A point where you feel like that makes more sense than Christmas. I don't know what it is, but I feel like Valentine's they even like, no matter how short of the time it is, I think you should do something like some type of gesture, dinner, gift. I think Valentine's Day, But Christmas, I feel like it's more of like a family thing. I think maybe that's what I'm thinking of. It's more like, you know, it's more familiar.
Speaker 3: I can understand that. I definitely can understand.
Speaker 2: And I also feel like too, there are such a family sentimental value of what you're saying, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: That comes to Christmas.
Speaker 2: I know I was reading this People magazine article, not in the physical magazine, but I was on People dot com and they begin to rank celebrities and like the best Christmas tree decorations, and it made me think about just how family oriented Christmas is as a holiday, and like when you are newly dating someone or having a conversation with them, I think that there is like a there should be at our big age anyway, there is a pause or like a conversation about like when is it too early to even introduce you to the people I love, like the people that would be surrounded by my Christmas tree and be happy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But on the top of that.
Speaker 2: List was Jada Pinkett Smith and the Smith and what what couch him out, But on the top of that list was her. They did a like a very artistic like velvet velvet top tree with like a huge star on the top. Number three was our broker and Deborah Roberts his wife. Kevin Hart was number four with his tree and all these trees are like over the top right this yeah, this is this year. But all of these people and just reading this article and thinking about when is it too soon to buyke if I'm like, dang, I don't know the last time I've even had to think about that, because even in my new relationship, we are settled in like when we first started, you know, having conversations and like whatever it was that was happening, we weren't even in the point like it was just around this time, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So, but y'all like together though.
Speaker 3: Now, but I'm saying last year, but.
Speaker 1: Your business, y'all were dealing with each other for.
Speaker 2: Not at Christmas time, no, like we know since last year. We knew each other around that time, but we got through Christmas. But but Valentine's Day was.
Speaker 1: Got for Christmas last year.
Speaker 3: That has nothing to do with that because that's not where I'm at this year.
Speaker 1: But what did you get? I got things and and y'all just.
Speaker 3: Started You're not listening.
Speaker 1: How long were you all dating by last Christmas?
Speaker 3: The person that I'm talking about, Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was a few months. Yeah, that's a that's a few months.
Speaker 2: It was still very new and he was still very much a lie here and didn't have nothing going on.
Speaker 1: I got something. Yeah, you can't say it.
Speaker 2: It's irrelevant to where I am now because what I got had nothing to do with where I ended up, because it was just that was all a completely different person, and it was also all very material. Like in that situation, I knew I was to be receiving things because a lot of the basis of.
Speaker 3: Our relationship was very material.
Speaker 2: In this situation I'm in now, I would much rather like how things are right now with us. I mean, babe, you know, I want my gifts, but I value just being able to be with him on the holiday and be with his family and get to the meet who's important for him. Because that's another thing too. When it's a new relationship, you're meeting new people and you know you're getting into like what are their holiday traditions. It's decorating the tree a big thing. Do y'all get together to do that? So like, I am excited about experiencing that stuff more than I am about my gifts. But I know my man, so I know he got me.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I can say that confidently.
Speaker 2: But we do have a caller on the line, because again, we wanted to hear what the people had to say about these things. So our caller, who is anonymous, I want to know how soon it's too soon to begin gifting Bay for Christmas?
Speaker 3: If it's a new relationship. Hi, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I want to know you know, are you in a relationship?
Speaker 3: I am How new is this relationship?
Speaker 4: It's pretty new? But we were dating for a while.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so he's not a new person, but the exclusivity and the intensity.
Speaker 3: Of like we're together is new. Yeah, okay. So did you guys spend Christmas together? Yeah? And it was your first Christmas together?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you guys exchanged gifts? Yeah?
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 3: So are you guys under the six month mark?
Speaker 4: We are?
Speaker 3: Okay? All right?
Speaker 2: So at what point were you like, like, for you, is there a time limit on? No, we're not getting we're not doing the gifts thing. Like if you guys had not been one hundred percent together, right, Like, y'all are still just dating. It's still very intentional, but there's no where you're my boyfriend, I'm your girl friends.
Speaker 3: Would you have exchanged gifts this Christmas?
Speaker 4: I would have because I feel like it depends on the rate at which you speak to the person because we speak every day. So even if you didn't get something grand, it could have been something personal but like low pressure for something that you mentioned all the time. It could be something small like a candle, your favorite snack. Like, it doesn't have.
Speaker 1: To be.
Speaker 4: A grand gift, but I feel like it depends.
Speaker 2: I agree, I think as women though for us it's the thoughtfulness. Correct, Is that what you're looking for at that point?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And I think that we are just naturally more thoughtful.
Speaker 3: I agree, consideration is baby, get me that every year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we'll think of like the little things that they may not think of.
Speaker 3: So were you happy with your Christmas gifts?
Speaker 4: I was?
Speaker 2: And moving forward right because all right, you got Christmas. Y'all need the Christmas tradition and all the things. But God forbid this we're not to work. Would you do Christmas differently with a new bay because y'all are it seems like y'all are pretty early in this situation. Would you do Christmas differently with a new bay based on if this doesn't work, just trying things new? Do you feel like no gifts at Christmas is okay for new relationships?
Speaker 4: So I think just being the person that I am, I would just get exist regardless, because I don't think I'm going to change the type of person I am, even if the situations didn't work out.
Speaker 2: How much money they got to spend in this new relationship though, so week, three months, in six months? In how much money? Like, what's the what's the average?
Speaker 4: I don't think there's a I don't think there's a price limits or put like a a mouth.
Speaker 3: Oh you a good one?
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't expect something huge until like we're in a committed relationship and maybe like after the six months mark, if that holiday comes afterwards, then I'm like, okay, I would need you to use your brain and think a little bit. Would you prior to that?
Speaker 2: Would you would you have ended your relationship if your person came to you and said, you know what, you're pretty new. We haven't even been in a relationship a year yet. I don't think exchange and Christmas gifts.
Speaker 3: Make sense.
Speaker 4: When I ended, No, I'd probably argue a little bit though.
Speaker 3: Oh we are you a writer? Okay?
Speaker 4: Because I would need to hear your reason. I would need to hear like, because if you know me, you know that it doesn't have to be something grand. So for you to still not go ahead and get something crazy to me, well.
Speaker 3: There we have it. Thank you for coming on the line with us. Happy holidays.
Speaker 4: Thank you you too.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: I like I like, I like that calling.
Speaker 3: She said exactly what I said.
Speaker 1: I think it's more important to be thoughtful.
Speaker 3: Yes, but thought begins the day you breathe at me.
Speaker 1: They just said it better. They just said it.
Speaker 2: Thought begins the day you breathe at me. The moral of the story is if you're breathing my way, especially.
Speaker 1: If you what what you breathe, that that's crazy. He's not crazy, you know everybody's.
Speaker 2: But if I have to hear listen, if I've ever heard you breathe or saw you blank your eye on FaceTime, that is when thought begins. And it's nothing wrong with even if it's just like a cute little Christmas card and some candies.
Speaker 1: I'm all about thoughtfulness though. That's that's where I like. I'm good at thoughtful.
Speaker 2: Men be saying, always be saying again the thoughtfulness, and they take the gift back as soon as the thought, oh.
Speaker 1: I don't do that. That's crazy to be taking a gift back gives you back. Sis.
Speaker 3: You can't say the other words because it's not you.
Speaker 2: What's the other words that I and the second one, yeah, be not gonna get canceled her. You can't say that. You know what you saw? Drake was on stream with and then and was talking about the car that Quavo got for Sweetie that he then said he took back. And he said that he bought it back as a gift, like he bought it for Quabo as a gift and didn't really understand.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 5: Hey, all right, I'm gonna tell you you remember you remember when when when the when the Sweety Badly was going viral? Remember that there was an ice blue Beatley Uh huh it was Sweety's car.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They said that got it for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I was like, oh, like I saw it for sale somewhere something.
Speaker 1: And this is like when we were Perst on Steak and I was just paper was just running. So or maybe it was before that. It was before that, No, it's.
Speaker 5: Around that time, and so I was like, man, just I was like I saw hisself like I'm gonna buy that back from my dollar. So then I'm like I like kind of try to do the same thing where I was like I invited him over and I'm like, yo, come over to this party. I parked the whip right in the front. But you did buy it.
Speaker 1: I bought it for him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I was like he pulled up like he's like no, like he thought he thought she was there, But what do you say?
Speaker 1: What do you say? Shout? But he really didn't.
Speaker 2: Understand speaking of giving things back, First of all, I think it was I really think it was corny Drake to share this story.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Way, so he bought it from Sweetie and give it back to Quevo.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, That's why I said when I call her was talking to us. Remember I said, make sure everything is all the notes and all that is right, and I actually own it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It couldn't have ever been fully.
Speaker 1: Like, oh that's that's a little like shady than to do that, right, Like I can actually buy it.
Speaker 2: Yes, but don't get me nothing that you can give back, like what And it was like I remember when this went down, So it was it was ice Blue Bentley.
Speaker 3: He got it. He got this.
Speaker 2: Gift for sweety and Christmas. Christmas of December December Christmas of twenty twenty, and it had like it was customized. She had like the icy snowflakes and border on it, like the headsets, and it was really cute for them. It was a fine moment she bought because people were always trying to make it seem like Sweety was getting more out of relationship than he was. But I remember she returned the gift later on and like bought him some cars as well too, like he was, I guess, really into old schools and stuff like that. But I think number one, it was corny for Drake to tell us that he did that. I also think that taking a gift back like a car that you buy, Yeah, I think it's it's very like corny. I also think it's it's just a controlling It's like something that you can you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But I've never been in that situation that allegedly Quavo was in, where like she cheated on you with somebody you may know, and like, I don't know, I've never been hurt to that that extent, So I don't know what I would do in that situation. I mean, yeah, but I would hope I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that no relationship is perfect, you know what I mean, Like I don't.
Speaker 3: We don't know everything that went down.
Speaker 2: There have been allegations of like you know, Sweetie doing certain things, OFFSET or whatever, and I know things have been you know, OFFSET has spoke out and tried to clear it up or whatever. But I think you don't know all of the details into a relationship ever.
Speaker 3: But I just feel like if you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Buy me something, especially something as big as a car is different if it's like a little necklace or whatever, but as big as a car, Like if you standing on that stand on it, Yeah, let me go up by my business in my car.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Cheating, that's the very mature thing.
Speaker 2: Do you gave somebody your gifts and you don't really feel that way? No man feels that.
Speaker 1: We know I do, But I just know it's like that sounds good in theory, but if somebody really hurts you in a real way, like you'd want to not hurt them back, but like you wouldn't want them to enjoy something like that that you gave them, like just riding around Smilod another dude in the past seat, Like I don't know, I don't know, or letting another do borrow the car, and I feel like that would add insult to injury. But the mature thing to do is definitely just leave the gift and let them have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, listen, there was speculation back then that the car was repossessed. Drake basically just confirmed that the car was taken back me. You know, all the things have happened. I just we could deal without this news heading into our new year, is all I'm saying. Yeah, you know, but the news is there, and we will talk about it and we will report it, of course.
Speaker 3: So thank you Drake, and thank you Stake for that stream.
Speaker 2: This has been another episode of the Latest with Laurna Rose and I want to hear from you guys. Get at me on social It's Laura Rosea everywhere l O R eating l O R O s A.
Speaker 3: What do y'all think?
Speaker 2: When is the time when you in New Bay exchange Christmas gifts for the first time? Is there a time limit and is there like a monitor limit of like, okay, you they been talking for a few weeks.
Speaker 3: Is there talking about money? Yes, I spend. Is it the thought that counts?
Speaker 2: I want to know where my low riders live with this one, so make sure you guys hit me up, get in.
Speaker 3: The treat get in, get in the streets and the tweets. We will hear from you soon.
Speaker 2: I'm Lord La Rosa. This has been another episode of the Latest with Laura Rosa. I tell you, guys, every single episode, y'all could be anywhere with anybody, which y'all choose to be right here with me.
Speaker 3: I will catch you guys in the next one. Happy New Year,