Speaker 1: What's up it lip service?
Speaker 2: I'm ante Ye, I'm JJ maguire, I'm Jordie Jor, I'm branded.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yes it is lip service.
Speaker 1: We have jagged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a big.
Speaker 2: Deal, big deal, and this is like our largest cast. But I just want to say, even just sitting here getting it together, you guys are all very pleasant.
Speaker 5: Than appreciate that.
Speaker 2: So twenty five years well in the business, even longer than that, but to still be so grounded is amazing.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you. You know, humility is a good thing. I appreciated other people. So I'm glad that you feel that for months, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because some people would have been in here, like I don't know, y'all taking long, and you guys have had a long day and you know, a long basically going on tour but doing a whole lot of press. Some people don't even like doing that. But it seems like y'all really enjoy each other's company.
Speaker 6: Yeah. We've been down for you know, since we was fifteen, so you know, if it wasn't working, we would have shut out now.
Speaker 2: But it is a rare thing because I'm trying to think, you know how all the time like this group member got replaced and then try to slide somebody else in all the time.
Speaker 7: Look, that's why we named all Original Parts because of that very reason.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask that because that.
Speaker 3: Was the second one. Maybe women you like, you know, hilarious.
Speaker 1: I guess I wouldn't fit that criteria. No, it's all right, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So even coming up with all Original parts, right when you guys sat down and we're trying to come up with some ideas, that just you know, who came up with that?
Speaker 1: Like, how does that work in the group setting?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, we don't have a certain method, you know what I mean, whoever brings a good idea to the table. Everybody roll, we roll with. I was just kind of looking at the landscape a little bit and all the other groups who broke up or you know, like there's a certain group who like trading members out, like like it's the NBA got Nigga the trading block and come back.
Speaker 8: So that trade was crazy.
Speaker 7: So that's you know, that's a part of the concept in my mind.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, listen, we got a lot of things to get into because it's is lip service.
Speaker 1: We're trying to ease you all into it because some people are real quiet.
Speaker 7: That's how you're gonna get came for. You better say something.
Speaker 1: Because it's kind of like Jagged Is. The movie should be coming soon.
Speaker 7: This week, so let's see.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 6: It's allid guys playing all in God's time. If it's supposed to happen, it happened, it would be good.
Speaker 1: It would be very I noticed some stories.
Speaker 7: I don't know really what formating to be good?
Speaker 10: You know, would past us yourselves to play a good question?
Speaker 7: That's a really good question. I guess you.
Speaker 6: Have that.
Speaker 1: Would that would probably be your obstacle to find.
Speaker 7: Probably might have to be somebody who do both roles? Yeah, just a group of how you do that though?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean you can do up there.
Speaker 7: A social media movie. Mark played both.
Speaker 1: So I really thought about you think it was starting church.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the beginning. You take us all back to like us where were originally from? Which church? Still?
Speaker 6: But hard of Connecticut for us? Well even him he was born in Boston, and then how we moved to Lantat and then.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean to go something like that?
Speaker 1: All right, I feel like this is going to be happening.
Speaker 6: The first time we had this conversation and I asked him what the name of the production come? I guess you don't. I can't remember, but what's when the New Addition movie came out? We got a call like the second day of and then we talked for a minute. Those talks kind of went away. Another company try and then it's just kind of been up in the air since I feel like it were happening.
Speaker 7: It's gonna happen, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So for Brian and Brandon, was it like singing in the house growing up with each other, like your whole family?
Speaker 1: Like, was there a musical things.
Speaker 7: Happened my mom?
Speaker 6: My mother's a jazz singer, like and I mean been a professional jazz singer all my life, like you.
Speaker 7: Even even in her seventies, get paid to come in and do a show.
Speaker 6: So in our household, music was a big thing because of the fact that she's a jazz singer and my dad is a music lover.
Speaker 7: Any right post in the right poetry, So yeah, it was always in my house. So they were happy, you know how, you know, he knew things to say to get back.
Speaker 1: What about you Kyle. Growing up.
Speaker 11: It was church, so being in the group went hard because you know, being in church the church from choir and then the youth choir, and that's when I noticed Brandon Bryant. And we ain't go to another youth choir, so another church, another church. So we had a great youth department. So the brotherhood was kind of easy to bump up because it was around other Christians, I mean, and but for ast the harmonies and the rolls, and it kind of came easy for us choiet boys.
Speaker 7: They said any work.
Speaker 9: One we was the was one of the back.
Speaker 6: So he was.
Speaker 2: Had somebody called my shoulder the other day for tell us a secret, and they were talking about like she was like, yeah, my secret is I sleep with the pastor at the church.
Speaker 7: You better keep to yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She didn't say her name, but it was some scan. There'd be some scanners in terms.
Speaker 9: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: You gotta understand you can't church people if you got all together what you're in church, like you know.
Speaker 9: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You come to get healed, right and you come in in your finest clothing.
Speaker 3: That you like this coming you up.
Speaker 2: And then when you joined the group, were you the last one that was the last members.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Early on, I tried to play a little sports, trying to play a little football and got kicked off the football team, like ninth grade had to figure it out from there.
Speaker 1: When why did you get kicked off?
Speaker 5: Just being.
Speaker 7: Like yeah, it was Cray. It was crazy because I remember we had a practice.
Speaker 12: And you know, we only had our shoulder pass on. It was like, you know, no hitting practice and I was listening as usual, as per usual, and the stark quarterback and.
Speaker 7: Coach was like.
Speaker 3: To kill.
Speaker 7: Yeah it was.
Speaker 12: It was a wrap after that, and I didn't get to play the first game. Some sorry, need to play the first game? Well, we had to dress out, so halfway through the game, the coach asked everybody, you know what I'm saying. I have my jersey on and stuff. But the coach asked everybody like, you know what's going on while we losing? So me being a smart ass, you know, lifting my hand like, well I can tell you, coach.
Speaker 7: He was like, you shut up. You ain't giving him a whole bunch of words and whatnot.
Speaker 13: He was like, give me that jersey stands talent shows and everything.
Speaker 7: Well, on our side of town.
Speaker 6: It's a bunch of you know, we're from the east side, so you know, Columbia's talent show was like known all across the city.
Speaker 7: Southwestern Cabiny talent show was very well known.
Speaker 6: But to be honest, we were kind of a known group already, so a lot of the talent shows would ask us to come and just like just be special guests, not be in the talent show.
Speaker 7: So feature.
Speaker 6: You know what's funny too. I remember being in high school. I hadn't met this girl and I was on the phone right basically right, and I was asking who was your favorite group.
Speaker 7: I think she's gonna say joeis here.
Speaker 6: She said this this group called Twin Ak that was us, and I was trying to she wouldn't beieve I was in the group.
Speaker 7: I said, I'm in. That was though, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Wow, I saw even how you guys came up with Jagged Is. It was a movie, but some other names y'all had thrown around first.
Speaker 6: Well, our name was yeah, and you know, for obvious reasons, but we was kind of, you know, we was rapping back. It was kind of a rapping and singing things, so it fit what we was doing at the time, and then we went all R and B like.
Speaker 7: No, that wasn't gonna work.
Speaker 1: You still can't rap, right, Why did you decide R and B over wrapped?
Speaker 6: Like I just felt like it was more definitely for me and him was more of our calling, you know, I know, Like it's like we said before, my mother's a jazz singer, and the fact that we had the gift in itself, you know, means to me.
Speaker 7: It came from her and I kind of wanted to. I wanted to represent for it. She wanted no rap.
Speaker 2: She was you know, so you know, all right, And for you guys, so sports, what did you think you were going to do if not this?
Speaker 5: I mean I was in the hood, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 14: I mean.
Speaker 11: That's what they picked me up in the trap, you know what I'm saying. And one day I had a lied about I had to work with my dad. My dad is on janitorial service, so I thought, you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, I can yeah, man, I can't come to the house. I gotta go, you know, clean up the.
Speaker 11: Church or whatever. And I don't know, but somehow and the trap was bunking, you know, that's at the travel bunking and so the call is coming up. I'm serving, I'm serving it is one couple of the me.
Speaker 7: I was. I wanted to call him.
Speaker 11: Well Asian walls that Brendan gave me, and it just took me to a whole nother direction. He was like, what you gonna do, bro? You know what I'm saying. I mean, what we're trying to do, and what you're trying to do, it can get you paid, but one will give you more other respect, you.
Speaker 5: Can take care of your family. So it was just.
Speaker 11: A homeboy slash brother, you know, like what you're gonna do because I care? You know what I'm saying what I'm saying, and you know, being in the hoods, you think your own boy care. But the way he came totally changed the whole perspective of Okay, you know what, I need to drop this situation.
Speaker 5: So I took that pound and we smoked it, and.
Speaker 7: I know, but at the same time, like I seen, I seen what it was. It was fueling and it was just to make some money. And I just told him, like, you can make money doing that.
Speaker 6: Yeah you got money doing that, right, but right now, I said, you can make money doing this, you ain't got to look over your shoulder.
Speaker 7: You sleep good at night. It's a different thing. And and and you know it hit it hit him in the head, like yeah, sometimes it's.
Speaker 2: Not instant money. It's like it takes some time and some work to get there. You know, it's different than being outside and getting the cash in your hand right away. It's like a patience game.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 6: But the lesson for us though, was we got our first dal in high school. So if you was thinking it's far off, that first deal made us feel like, okay, he.
Speaker 7: Was able to see it.
Speaker 2: That first deal though, because people always tell their stories about that first deal, it was.
Speaker 7: Michael, Michael.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't want to There's nothing bad I can say about the deal because we ended up not taking it. But you know, it was your standard first time artists deal. I'm sure with some things it was going you know us, but we didn't sign it.
Speaker 7: So you know, we don't have to we don't have to live in that.
Speaker 6: It's just how it's just the belief that it helped us have so right, because it's like when you see because this was my favorite was our favorite group growing up, so when you see somebody in your favorite group and they're like, you, dope.
Speaker 7: That gives you all the book.
Speaker 1: All to believe you need right now, some people would sign that just up the stret.
Speaker 7: Thought about it, though. Really, you know, Mike had over committed himself. Y'all know I don't, so.
Speaker 6: He gave us the choice. He was like, y'all can stay here and wait on all that. But he was like, I think y'all dope, and if y'all want to go find something, go ahead.
Speaker 2: And he was like, what type of internal discussion was that, because I know there had to be feeling that.
Speaker 3: I want to do it.
Speaker 6: Sometimes on the same page, we wish we would have stayed, you know, while you're in that limbo period, you know what I mean. Least this was something that was that was tangible, you know what I mean. But again, we you know, we was young and cocky in the sense, so we believe that we could do it again.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So yeah, now, what was the situation like with the ladies at this time, because y'all were a high school stars, church stars, choir boys.
Speaker 7: You know, we always I can get a girl, I can get a dollar.
Speaker 1: So you said you could get a yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, to be honest, I don't think girls was ever any other four of our problems. We never had problems with girls. It was making some money the legit way. We had an issue with that a little while.
Speaker 10: So y'all never like the same girl before?
Speaker 7: Plenty times, plenty times.
Speaker 3: How did y'all do that out?
Speaker 7: We didn't? You know, she chose sometimes she didn't.
Speaker 1: That's time she chose. Everybody.
Speaker 3: I heard that, you know.
Speaker 7: Me real it's happened before.
Speaker 1: Could you think take somebody seriously?
Speaker 7: Like, let's just say we want to take you seriously.
Speaker 1: The heart beats.
Speaker 7: That's exactly why.
Speaker 1: It's never gotten down to that, Like you never had nothing heeded happened.
Speaker 11: Female never, not one time. We silid Yeah, we si we we I mean no loud, we silent. Man and I can't say we haven't, you know, followed each other.
Speaker 1: But we got over that over then.
Speaker 9: I mean you you.
Speaker 6: Just about everything. You realized that we're brothers. But he was living with us and we were in high school. So that's our third brother that I you know what I mean. So it was like the same thing any brothers will fight about.
Speaker 7: And you're around the person a lot you know how to go. You know agreement. You have a bad day, it might not be because of you. But the only time I ever fought him, he wouldn't give me his his shirt. We was in Disney World. We was in Disney World B B T.
Speaker 6: Sound stage, right, and we had two shows. The first night everybody had the off it together. The second night were supposed to be wearing basketball jersey, but I ain't have one. He had like four of them in his bag, So give me the like, give me jersey so I could match up my little ship.
Speaker 7: You know, you know right man? He kept okay, I got you, I got you hours so the sprint want the sprinting? Right?
Speaker 6: Then the band pulled up to take us over to the show. These niggas come out of the room dressed I'm still in like a fat farm T shirt and white shorts to the teeth, a great fat. So they ended up having to leading because we was gonna miss the whole show altogether if somebody didn't go over there.
Speaker 7: So they went over and the VP of Social Death was with me. We was trying to work it out.
Speaker 6: We couldn't, so he took me onto the park and I'm walking in the park, the niggas on stage.
Speaker 7: Somebody left. It was everybody left me mind you. I got the first verse of the song. So I get to the park.
Speaker 6: And what really pissed me off was when I got to the park, they was on stage. I'm thinking that we look good up there. I'm like, ain't no we nigga.
Speaker 7: I just I just jumped on. I tried to kill I was out my mind for a minute, but it was really all behind just been you know, you know how like I don't think he meant to not get so the whole time you side track started, you know it's time to go.
Speaker 6: I still do That's like you know how you first start when the label there too, every little thing, I don't do this, that's it. It's like we had a sideage the situation. That's only I never want to go home with that part.
Speaker 7: It was on that stage the first day I thought was like, damn, we looked good.
Speaker 4: Here, we can see him.
Speaker 5: You can see him right there.
Speaker 7: To get the jery.
Speaker 6: One of my.
Speaker 12: And that just and it wasn't that incident, but we had a full weekend. That weekend, we went from Orlando to Houston to Vegas. On Sunday, Orlando Friday. We're actually Lelando two days Thursday Friday. Then we went from there to Houston Saturday and Vegas on Sunday.
Speaker 7: But do you know, like that weekend was filled with drumm?
Speaker 12: I mean when I tell you, like literally after we got in the fight whatever, we were back I mean again, we boy, we family, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: We were back friend the next fifteen twenty Yeah, I mean, and it was what I'm saying is like at the end of the day.
Speaker 12: So after that, right, so we're on our way to the airport and we got this roadman we got with us, you know what I'm saying, and they get into it. Well, I guess I don't know how that happened, but whatever, Ray I said some stupid or sumer whatever I do road message at the time, and it pissed him off.
Speaker 7: Again. They got into you know, like a verbal little thing.
Speaker 12: Once we got to the airport, got the van, got lugage and everything, he was.
Speaker 7: Like, have a nice life, jacket, y'all know this, ye is he got on the bird because he was from Chicago.
Speaker 12: We got on the plane back to Chicago, and again we had no choice was Columbia. They was waiting on us to waiting on us to get to the next city. So we end up having to get on the plane by ourselves and go to Houston. So now in Houston we got a show.
Speaker 1: What happened.
Speaker 6: Our managed y'all have seen Charlie's Angels before. Yeah, he was like he was just called us out of nowhere.
Speaker 7: We were like, how you know? He said, listen, he said, is everybody listening? He said, hey, y'all, niggas got to stop fight. I'm like, how do you even know everything that went down? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 7: That was the hell this weekend.
Speaker 3: I mean, that is crazy.
Speaker 7: It wasn't that apologize. But I got here and I got hit first. First, I was just study because.
Speaker 12: No, but I was just standing out second earlier that people was talking back and forth and all this stuff whatever, And I think Kyle might have said something to one of the guys like getting into the elevator.
Speaker 7: If they were they had their friends and stuff all out in the.
Speaker 9: It wasn't even on the show. Just look, it wasn't even on the show.
Speaker 7: One of the big radio shows. Artist.
Speaker 12: We're going crazy at the point at that time, and I think cal seeing something like you know, can you'll say record deal or something.
Speaker 7: You know what said you said number one the lobby.
Speaker 12: So we goes get them the elevator, go upstairs. Remembers Baradom, go upstairs. Everybody went to their little room. So I comes back down. So I think we're about to go out something later on. So I come back down and want of the guys from the label, Maurice. We were standing outside, just standing there waiting on the rest of the guys.
Speaker 7: Come back down. That's they got.
Speaker 9: No dude, come up, run out the double doors right to hit me.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, like I would have shocked.
Speaker 9: I'm like, hold up, y'all got here, and.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: We were out there touching, boom, fighting whatever. I tried to end them, like literally, it wasn't one of the guys.
Speaker 7: From one of the one was.
Speaker 6: Like, there wasn't no haters because they came back and apologize like the next week.
Speaker 7: We got to show there the next week and they can't care.
Speaker 6: Then I've seen Shazam maybe three years later in the gym and he walked. I thought it was gonna still be a little beef. He walked to me, he said, he, man, which one of your niggas hit me in the back of the head with that elbow? I said, me shot. So it's been cool with them ever since, between men.
Speaker 1: And women, because it would be forever. Yeah, okay, it's over now.
Speaker 7: I gotta go to Vegas Sunday. These all scrapped like that was the hell of the weekend. Yeah, your story and you guys.
Speaker 1: Also did a podcast for a period of time.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Views from the Edge at a lot of feet, a lot of good feedback on there.
Speaker 6: You know, we just put it out there. We didn't have nobody backing us up, no platform we put on. So I think we just started looking at the couple of hundred views prepisode and we.
Speaker 2: Were like this, no, but I think that's good because you know, one thing that people say about you, and I don't know that this is necessarily true, but they're like, you know, they're always very private about their lives, like well.
Speaker 7: We have because you go, you know, like we came out before social media. We came out when everybody was we just been hanging around all this dam.
Speaker 2: I just figured it was more private back then because we didn't have the access like people do now, you know, because all that stuff that y'all did would have.
Speaker 3: Been on their phone.
Speaker 7: And then privacy. It's just a lot like you know, at the end of the day, like people should know what goes every day. You know, something has to be.
Speaker 6: And you know at that time too, it was like it was more of a mistique that went with that to that, you know, it wasn't like you tell everybody every little absolute like making wanted to know a little more, you know.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just different now because I feel like people care so are so invested into people's lives. It's more not even just about it, you know what this person has going on, one person that loves you guys and had expressed it many times.
Speaker 1: It's luthor Y.
Speaker 6: No, you know, Luther just even finding out he was a fan of ours, like you know, it's like getting an award.
Speaker 1: Better than an a war and your history at all.
Speaker 2: Until I watched that documentary and it did make me look at things so much differently because they put a lot of clips in there, people like talking about his weight, you know, and I know that was really hard for him, and then also about like his sexuality, and all these rumors about him, and you're right, it was a different period.
Speaker 1: And he's like why y'all, Like, yeah, I'm a beast on his mic.
Speaker 2: But is it crazy to like watch everything that's happening because there's some of our biggest stars today and it feels like just a lot of ship is just coming about things.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 7: I mean I wouldn't I wouldn't mind going back to the past a little bit.
Speaker 6: Well, mystique and privacy was okay, I wouldn't mind that because I think sometimes to like it works against the artists, like you respect you see a little too much, Like.
Speaker 5: I mean, but I mean you gotta ask yourself though, I mean you're corny. I mean I mean you do you know what I'm saying. We don't do that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: I mean, real men do real things and you know, but it's a if you get a million dollars, it enhance who you really are, so you know, becoming new.
Speaker 15: So I do want to say that when we were doing our little pregaming and trying to figure out what we were going to talk about, We're looking things up and it's just like nothing crazy in the media about y'all what not looking for something crazy?
Speaker 3: We have to know that.
Speaker 9: But it was like, you know, y'all and everything.
Speaker 2: But but you know, on the flip side of that, like when you have such impactful songs, people want to know about that because sometimes it helps you relate to a song, you know, So sometimes it's kind of like, what's the story behind the song? Because I remember when Latvia was talking about you just because we never knew that, you know what I'm saying. So when we think about like a song that's as iconic as Let's get married, and to be like, okay, you know, you want to hear the story and you want to know.
Speaker 6: Like, so I think, listen, all I can say is this, I have dated my share of public figures, but I don't talk about mine.
Speaker 7: You ain't never heard of.
Speaker 3: That movie?
Speaker 1: Would you not put some of that?
Speaker 2: Because I remember when Bobby Brown did his movie right and we found out about like Janet.
Speaker 7: Jack and I was like, oh, how did Janet feel about that? You think she like seeing it? I don't think she did.
Speaker 6: As older adults, I'm thinking like, how she gonna if I say all that, how does she gonna feel about it?
Speaker 7: You know what I mean. Now, if I was younger, I might not have took it all, taken all that in consideration. But now I'm like, that's I'm gonna do that to.
Speaker 1: It so quick, the story that's on live.
Speaker 2: But you get it because even hearing that it does like spark some into oh that's why you wrote that song?
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 2: And I think that's kind of fun to I think when you talk about things that happened like twenty years ago, it is, you know, in inspect it. It's nice to get a little history. It don't have to be like disrespectfully like detailed, but it can't be like a little something little contexts.
Speaker 7: Been married now, And that's what I'm saying. Women like I don't want you to know certain things about your wife.
Speaker 4: You don't want you.
Speaker 1: Like I think you should play a drinking game.
Speaker 2: Anybody I don't know, you've never not even when you were younger. Like I don't want nothing serious.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with just.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been I don't want them serious. But if you got something serious, I don't want none.
Speaker 7: You can't what I need you to do.
Speaker 6: If you got something serious what I have, Like I dated two girls who and not at the same time, right or maybe they was hell no, but guys came into their lives and they both kind of said to me, look, this guy want to marry me, and both of them end up they're married to these men to this day. So we went in the road, but they said to me, you know, he wanted to marry me, Like what you're going to do? I was like, congratulations, I'm not really.
Speaker 9: Everything.
Speaker 1: What money have you ever seen somebody? And then been kind of sad that they got married.
Speaker 7: Not really not me.
Speaker 12: Because for me, when when when it was over, I'm already off to my next.
Speaker 6: You know, his next. I think that's one thing about all four of us, like because I've seen it with them and I know for myself when it's all, you know, we ain't the one outside trying to get you back, you know. And I think that's I think it's because when we with a girl, we pay a certain amount of attention, we give a certain amount of efforts, and so when it's over, you ain't got a second.
Speaker 7: Guess all this, I think we all that, But what.
Speaker 1: About all the heartbreak songs?
Speaker 2: Because how you're going to write these amazing heartbreak songs and I have gone through it.
Speaker 7: We're all about getting married.
Speaker 2: Never think about let's get married as the way that guys feel. It don't mean they're gonna get married, right, you'll be feeling like that, But it.
Speaker 1: Don't mean I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean, I've never been married. I'm the only one here never you haven't. They are?
Speaker 9: Who has I have?
Speaker 7: I have a woman in my life, I have, but up until this point, I had never been man.
Speaker 1: Congratulations the date she you know, No, you don't know.
Speaker 7: I put it in her. Let me know know.
Speaker 5: I don't know too many men like well, I just can't wait for these simblers six.
Speaker 1: Our producer he's getting.
Speaker 5: Graduation.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, so listen. Did y'all all have like big weddings.
Speaker 7: Family? He was, So it was kind of all in line with how that.
Speaker 2: I just got marriage, you know, get married on tour, put out a new album that's great Valentine's Day?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 10: Why do y'all think that people aren't getting married like they were at one point?
Speaker 7: Social Media's part of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the horror stories, you know what I mean, like like the men always you know, talking about how women.
Speaker 7: You know, you got to give women half or more in some situations. I think that makes a lot of guys who work hard for money feel some kind of way like just being honest.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: A lot of women are money makers now, you know, when we're holding our own I feel like not.
Speaker 7: As much as the narrative, I don't because I don't.
Speaker 8: Even die about.
Speaker 3: But my only fans is very calm.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you think social media and then the half thing, I feel like half is actually you're saying she wants half.
Speaker 7: You guys are afraid of that.
Speaker 6: You know, you work, you know, your whole life to acquire what is you acquire and stack what you stack and somebody come in and for whatever reason she's done and she get to take half.
Speaker 7: That that's scared some dudes.
Speaker 10: I mean, but that's what the prenup is.
Speaker 1: FOREL think.
Speaker 11: I think that's the battles for us coming up. You know, in church you understand about being equally yoke.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 11: Sometimes you get out of here and you deal with, you know, situations that you know you ain't got no goddamn being a dinner. You know that's not compatible for you. So you know, yeah, I first marriage, I wish you know, I wish everybody, Well, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I'm.
Speaker 11: And that's it. But what I did learn was being compatible. You know I'm not going to you know, yeah, I'm not going I'm getting old. I need to get married and not understanding you know what, what's going to keep me? You know what I'm saying in this marriage. And then you know, it takes prayer, takes patience. I want the same I will hope she will want the same thing that I want. So they're called the equally yoke part. So I don't think that men really understand that part they're looking at. But she just won't have Did you have a conversation with her? They say, babe, you know we're a team. You know what I'm saying. What I have for you, you should have for me as well. So the I think a lot of instance with when I see it. I just don't think a lot of females know that when I men not soft, it's just misunderstood. If you be patient with them, be probably could you know, give himself, give more of itself. It scares a man to where a dominant woman is like, you know, I just won't have it. Well, I ain't feelna do nothing with you? You feel no sense. You kind of miss out on the whole reason why God made man for a woman. And while a woman is made for a man, that's it.
Speaker 12: And there's a lot of dominant women like you know what I'm saying, We get it and you make money and all this stuff, but like every chance you get, you chopping the dude down and all this, you know what I'm saying, Like, all right, then well guess what when that when that bullet coming to house you step in from. You know, at the end of the day, a king is a king, you know what I'm saying. A king is supposed to protect his family. But but but if you want to act like you're the king, you know, you know what I'm saying, that's just kind of kind of like that's just kind of almost how like you know what I'm saying, Like there has to be some some submissive submissiveness.
Speaker 6: I think that submission conversation is such a big thing on social media, and nobody wants to selectively submissive submissive woman, you know, like I want that to be ain't submission. That ain't real submission if it's depending on me doing this and doing like that.
Speaker 2: You know, But I think as speaking for myself, but I think the main thing for me is that, you know, I'm always having to do a lot of different things where I have a lot of businesses that I'm running. You want to feel like at home, I don't have to do all of that. Yeah, you want to be able to just be chill at home and like kind of let him do things. And I like to be able to be like can you help me with this? Or can you do this and know that it's like a no brainer. Because I also don't like asking people for things, so I would rather somebody like when i'm you know, for my man to be like, hey, I'll do that for you, or you want me to come do this, and you know, sometimes you don't want to put people out their way and it's nice.
Speaker 1: I used to hate with my dad.
Speaker 2: He'll like do he would do stuff my mom, but then complain about it the whole time.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'd rather just not do it.
Speaker 12: But there's a way that you ask somebody to do it. It's not like ye again, you have to come up people respectfully in the right way.
Speaker 7: You can't be like like you're barking or you know what I mean, Like you know you don't do nothing else, Yes, I do, you know.
Speaker 6: I think like you know, a man, you know, we talk about respect a lot, right, and you say that you demand respect in any relationship, and I think women you know the same thing.
Speaker 7: But I think sometimes we overlook the fact that that respect has.
Speaker 6: To be offered willingly. I can't I can't make you, you know, I can't make you show me respect. I can't force you to show me respect. So if I'm with a woman who don't know how to play that part, and and a lot of times for me, I'm cool on that because I'm not going to try to make you you know, I know you're supposed to be respect. It's almost more important than love to it. Man like, I'm just being. Of course you want love to but I need to know you respect. You respect the efforts I'm making because I'm doing this for us, that's right, that's the big thing.
Speaker 2: But what made you propose now? Because you're the last person now you've never been married, let me see and how to happen.
Speaker 7: I mean, I love the girls, that's the first part.
Speaker 1: Before. But I didn't propose.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I'm one of them guys. I used to ask other people that how did you know? And I remember I asked my ex manager. I asked him, how did you know it was time when you proposed to your wife? And he said this to me, and I don't remember this like damn ever been. He said, you know, it wasn't about me knowing what that it was the right time. He said, I know that I'm a good man. I deserve a good woman, and I knew that she was a good woman who deserved a good man.
Speaker 7: And that's what it was. That's all it was.
Speaker 6: And when I started looking at it like that, that's what brought me to Okay, not only is she a good woman, she's the mother of at least one of my children. She's the mother of my child and definitely is a good woman. And on so many fronts, she got my back, you know what I mean. So that was enough for me when I started thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, and look, and we all know, and I don't want to dwell on this, but I know you got in a bad accident, and sometimes that also makes you think about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was actually after the first accident, because I was in two After the first accident is.
Speaker 7: When I proposed and then I got into the Saconde.
Speaker 1: So it might have had something, yeah, because it's good to know that.
Speaker 7: Like, no, like the way that, you know, the way she took care of me was definitely like it was almost like a light bulb like boom, hello, everybody doing it.
Speaker 6: And when I like when I first got herd, when I first got home, you know, gonna get mostly.
Speaker 7: It's hard when you know you can't even bathe yourself, like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so.
Speaker 7: Yep, yep, yep, yeah, yeah, so you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I completely understand. Yeah, to have somebody that is there for you the way you can't be there for yourself.
Speaker 4: That's point.
Speaker 7: Love never seen it come. She was right there own spot.
Speaker 15: Happy to do it.
Speaker 1: Smile that you wanted to be here.
Speaker 7: That's what it's about.
Speaker 6: And then and then the other question is are you going to be comfortable with just anybody having a why nothing in the first few weeks, like she had to do all of that. It's like that's when you know, you didn't know before that, that's absolutely.
Speaker 1: I never had to do that.
Speaker 9: So you're right there, you.
Speaker 1: Would I be able to watch Yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 10: Jordan's taking care of my grandmother.
Speaker 1: China anymore, you know.
Speaker 4: About You're right about that.
Speaker 1: But listen, I think women, well you know what, I'm not women.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I just feel, like, you know, I think guys have to do a lot more when it comes to that. Like I could imagine if we have to take care I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, could tell us about I can tell you all about it, boss, like on the outside.
Speaker 1: So I feel like that's the like lift that.
Speaker 10: Is outside the nooks in the cranny.
Speaker 7: Over there, you know.
Speaker 2: But okay, well understood, And I want to I do want to make sure we talk about the new album because that's coming out for Valentine's and you guys are on tour, you know, as we discussed so all original parts and we did get the opportunity, of course, to hear the single that's out right now.
Speaker 1: I just not get it to careful what you wish for us? So is there a story behind this?
Speaker 7: Everybody? I think I do have one story.
Speaker 6: Whereas, like you know, she wanted to end, but I didn't, you know, But that's usually when you've taken her for granted for so long, and you know, and y'all know when you get to that point, Yeah, what you might do now, man, I took it for granted for so long, and like you said, it was almost like a light bulb, but that light bulb came on way too late. So yeah, I mean that's kind of a situation like that. She was ready to leave and I didn't want her to leave, but I did say, careful what you wish for.
Speaker 7: You just might get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so how did that turn around on her?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 7: I don't understand like.
Speaker 6: To be in a situation where you know she wants to end but you don't, right, but then you still get to you You're still gonna be a man into your pay.
Speaker 9: I didn't want to.
Speaker 2: Do you help each other out through heartbreaks like prior to you know, everybody's situations.
Speaker 1: Did you guys ever come to each other like okay?
Speaker 7: But yeah, I mean, I mean we each other and my heart broke.
Speaker 16: You know, we don't okay, we're not not that's particularly okay, and we solid And because you go get your heart broke again by one of like you get over, I guess.
Speaker 7: You don't want to work. Somebody gonna get you back.
Speaker 1: But I just say that can make for good like stories and then that turns into a song, you know, what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But I just think it's a it's a natural disposition as a man, like you don't not everything you know to me. Like the biggest, one of the biggest differences between men and women is that y'all talk about all your pain, right, y'all galvanized, y'all troops against the guy.
Speaker 7: We don't. We never men never were talking to him like as men, we never do that. We never. We never go to each other like, hey, she was, don't fuck Worr. We just don't do it like that, because you gotta understand that the next guy situation might be totally different. It might just been what y'all went.
Speaker 9: Through, right, right, What did you learn?
Speaker 2: I think I want to ask this, what did you learn about relationships from your father's because I think a lot of times you either do what they did or the opposite of what they did.
Speaker 7: For me, I'm opposite, Oh yeah, yeah, I'm doing opposite.
Speaker 6: Like I felt like my dad, as much as I love my mom and as strong as a man as my dad is, he still let her run and I was I never had the mindset that I'm gonna be in a relationship and my woman gonna run things.
Speaker 7: I never, I've never, I've never, you know, so to me, it takes a certain type of man.
Speaker 6: It takes a strong man to be okay with that, right, And so I'm not saying my dad is a weak guy.
Speaker 7: This was on a choice.
Speaker 6: It just wasn't play some stript though, you know what I mean, because he knew my dad a big old dude.
Speaker 7: You know, my mom is little, so it was that kind of thing.
Speaker 6: But like he said, my dad is so anti conflict and my mother all with the ships about.
Speaker 7: So he just gotta go ahead.
Speaker 8: You know, had the confidence to know that she can handle things.
Speaker 7: Anything.
Speaker 11: But that is how my wife is. I never touched or wash her dryer. Yeah, she like no, because you're gonna watch two pair draws, you know, I mean, yeah, I mean, and I let her do that because I know, I'm not gonna say what a woman role is. But I know, like like you're saying, you know, she know how to take charge of that. I mean, she better in finance, so I know that she's not going to go out and go by a burking bag.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Said that that's not her, you know what I'm saying. If anything, I put her on the bag.
Speaker 11: She was like cool, she was cool with just you know what I'm saying, just getting a regular leather pocketbook.
Speaker 5: Exactly. So it's like I trust her because.
Speaker 11: I mean, when I met her, one of the first things she told me was like, I'm a stable woman. And for artists, you really don't hear that from a lot of women, that kind of I want.
Speaker 7: To stabilize themselves when you.
Speaker 2: Let people will tell you it's hard with a woman who can't underst then the life of somebody who has to travel, be on the road, be around for men.
Speaker 1: How was that, Because like you said, she's she's not into all of that.
Speaker 11: That that's my best These my brothers, so I don't look at them like best friends whatever, looking like we came from from the same place. And but with her, she's she's my best friend in the whole wild world. Spiritually, affirmations. We give each other affirmations every morning, probably five times throughout the days, so we know how to keep a healthy relationship. We could be mad or disagree be a few hours, but then she'd be like stank, call me stinky, But.
Speaker 5: You know, so we keep that.
Speaker 11: But I respect her so much to where you know, and I'm a manly man, you know what I'm saying. I'm not perfect, none of us are, but I try to be better.
Speaker 1: And then it's timing to like she met you at the right time in your life.
Speaker 7: She was young, like you, big fact.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so just so when you talk about be careful what you whisher, because you just might get it. I was thinking, I'm always very specific when my wishes at eleven eleven, like when I make a wish, because sometimes I'd be like, I gotta be really careful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't know that.
Speaker 7: I always wonder what the hell angel I know what angel numbers was. I never knew what that was. I never made.
Speaker 2: If you had to look at the time and it says eleven eleven, you're supposed to make a wish, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It sounds like not a guy.
Speaker 12: Everybody playing the lottery and stuff like that, you can't even bottom numbers like at a certain time of the day because they sold.
Speaker 7: Every single day.
Speaker 15: I don't even I don't even play the lottery like that, but for some reason I checked the numbers that I have them come to my email because if you want to know, that's too funny, he said, you don't even play I don't you got I'm not giving Georgia no more money to.
Speaker 7: It's definitely fun.
Speaker 12: You can't like let that, let that consume you, because you'll be playing like a dolt chasing his tail.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just feel like going to see this tour right now also would be like an ultimate date night.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because an intimate evening with Jack is Yeah, I mean like come on, like that's yeah, and on your red dress.
Speaker 1: Has anybody ever proposed at yes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know it's crazy.
Speaker 6: Our second tour, we know, our third tour, Our third tour was on tour Mary J. Blige and we had a piece of our excuse. We had a piece of our show where the audience had ran a contest for winners who wanted to come up and propose.
Speaker 7: So every night, every night, somebody but you know, we've actually even been paid to like, you know something, can I propose with? You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's nice to know that.
Speaker 2: Like your songs are the like the songs that forever. There's not a lot of songs that standard, not a lot of groups that can stand the.
Speaker 3: Test the time.
Speaker 7: Listener. We get it, you know, I mean we say that's a blessing.
Speaker 6: Like we creating that song, we thought it would be big, but you don't know talking about stick around like like that song absolutely.
Speaker 1: I gotta be that is come Home.
Speaker 2: We were talking about, like what's our favorite. I'm gonna say, y'all had the best song on the Bigger Duets album.
Speaker 14: To yes, appreciate that, I shout out, I don't carry everybody else, that's what you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like I told the story the other day, like I had an uncle win to Joe for eleven years, shot out on my uncle Larry, and I don't love him no less. I didn't look at him no different. And at least let the man be convicted for y'all just act like he did something that you don't know if he didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't see what happened with.
Speaker 7: Either. But I'm just saying the charges we don't know none of them. Come on, stop. We don't know about this tour that always come next, something was always coming there.
Speaker 1: I really was not about to ask about that, I promise you.
Speaker 2: I really was going to say, I think that's just the best on the big that's my thing, because that's didn't.
Speaker 6: Put us on that album. That's what I had to shout him out, We're not a bad artist. So clearly the fact that we was on it, it was our relationship through you know, through puff and you killed it.
Speaker 15: But my question about the tour was going to be, did you guys strategically planned to be in Atlanta on four four?
Speaker 6: That was it?
Speaker 8: Just something that she was like, what does that mean?
Speaker 4: Yea, when I was looking at me, yeah, but we were.
Speaker 7: Here for.
Speaker 2: Said so, what about on the tour do you does it? Do you guys bring like do all of your women get along with each other?
Speaker 5: And yeah, little.
Speaker 1: Show you know.
Speaker 7: Howks game right before we came here and it was all and it was yeah, she was working.
Speaker 1: Her jersey.
Speaker 2: But it seems like this is still fun for you guys, and I think that's important, like still doing music, you know, it's never stopped, still going on the road and still having.
Speaker 1: A good time with each other and holding each other down.
Speaker 10: And running on TikTok. You got a new generation listening to you playing out in the snow.
Speaker 6: Right and the.
Speaker 7: Boy the Year A couple of years, a couple of years.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. TikTok is such a funny place.
Speaker 7: But when when it gets.
Speaker 8: How does that feel.
Speaker 7: Viral like that?
Speaker 15: Yeah, like after so many years that the younger generations are finding you guys' music and making dances and just really just like embracing things that they wasn't even around for.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 6: With the with the little thing, it felt like I felt vindicated because the last major We're not the last, but I guess you know, last major label system wes in that we had love for it and we wanted to be a part of was Depth Jam. And when that record came out, whatever issues happened with La Read and whatever, and they kind of took the you know, the STU off the record, right, But we knew that record was a hit because every time we go sing it somewhere, they react to it like it's one of our biggest records. So to see now this TikTok thing, you know, you got like eighty five hundred million views on this same song that y'all acted like it wasn't ship if you know, crazy.
Speaker 1: Having kids who actually are now seeing that and like like your kids could be.
Speaker 6: Like dad, Listen, when I brought my daughter to the game the other night, that's the first time she ever seen me in a in a building like that.
Speaker 7: As soon as I got we got off the floor, she just came ran to hug me. I think it's just.
Speaker 6: My son became stated, he was like, my brother said, what time? My brother said, he said something myself on time? He said, we got to show to day and.
Speaker 1: And then Nelly has his party tour.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 3: That crazy mean?
Speaker 7: I love I love Nelly, but what is great? Brother? You son?
Speaker 5: If you're wrong, what you're gonna do? I mean, I'm gonna correct you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just don't why it isn't the country grammar tour? Right? How would y'all feeling we went on the country grammar tour right right?
Speaker 6: Right? It's our brother regardless, and he did he did. They did it, but we wasn't liking the way it was it was coming. It's kind of rap to it was at first, but shadow, I just feel like, see my mom, you no see like to me, it's just a respect thing. Like if we had asked him to go on this idea that was, you know, kind of name in his honor and he said, no, guess what did change the name?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: That's because then I was thinking about it. I was like, because when I heard that. I was like, then I was like, but is that Nelly's song or is that I did have to think about it.
Speaker 6: That song, that song was written and done when Nelly got the Actually the song was originally double with correct correct.
Speaker 4: Well good, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know that.
Speaker 3: You know, movie on the way.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: What would the movie be called?
Speaker 7: I don't know what we call it, but we're looking.
Speaker 1: Forward to seeing it.
Speaker 2: And you guys actually do have such great energy, such great stories, you know, so next time I feel.
Speaker 1: Like we can get even deeper. Yeahs a whole lot to talk about. Listen. I'm so happy though that y'all came through jacketed a dream. The more I ever was doing like this, you know it was I would never have thought I'd be sitting in the room with Jagget.
Speaker 7: It's a superman.
Speaker 1: It is such a big deal. Excited she got to sit between y'all.
Speaker 2: Blank, We're gonna option off that sea. Thank you, and everybody out the tour. Where can they get those tour data that they can come and check you guys.
Speaker 9: Out, Live Nation, Live Nation.
Speaker 7: You can love this because they put this. Make sure you subscribe to our YouTube page. You can follow us official underscore j E. We got a lot of new album, eleventh album.
Speaker 1: Go get the single, the original part.
Speaker 8: There's a two or three.
Speaker 7: Three yeah, three, and then we're gonna do Heartbreak three.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: I know a lot of groups are they just torn like that, ain't gonna do it, but we.
Speaker 3: Created Yeah Whney.
Speaker 8: Then you you gotta release, You gotta.
Speaker 7: A clear fact.
Speaker 1: That's so, that's really a pend