Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the Second Date podcast and a big thank you to everyone who popped over to our YouTube page this week. African Jeffrey and commented, watched, liked the first ever video version. Yes, Second Date Update. We're rolling them out slowly because it is a pretty big lift for us. We have a small staff, but we're gonna have another video maybe Awkward Tuesday next week. It's either gonna be Awkward Tuesday or another Second Date. I'm not sure which, So stick around for that. And right now we're gonna go to your comments that are currently happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hendrick Botha said, I love the new live updates.
Speaker 3: I enjoy you guys a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm a South African working in the US as a farm worker and all I do when I'm driving around at a tractor is listen to you guys.
Speaker 1: Fifteen hours of Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is a lot of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So I gotta sit back and enjoy that track to ride And here's a classic second Date for you, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date Updates.
Speaker 4: This is a show first for us, and I don't know if it's a good thing. Oh, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: We like not things, so tell us jeff.
Speaker 4: Well, just a couple months ago, we did an update update with a guy named Daniel, who told us that he was still together with the girl from his original second date call, even though he did catch her making out with another woman at a bar. Remember, she claimed it wasn't cheating because it's a girl on a girl thing. He wasn't so sure, but they decided to stick it out. Well, that didn't last very long because now he's back out on the open market needing our help once again.
Speaker 1: Let me guess she's in a relationship with a woman that she made out with.
Speaker 4: Who knows, but Daniel, I am so sorry to welcome you back to the show.
Speaker 3: I was hoping we would never hear from you again, honestly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a dubious honor.
Speaker 3: Guys, what happened with the last woman that you were with?
Speaker 5: So good news, bad news. Good news, she's not with the girls she made out with. Bad news is I saw her at a bar making out with two other guys.
Speaker 1: Oh, but it's not cheating when there's two of them.
Speaker 3: You can't fall in love with bulls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that was finally the straw that broke it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, if it wasn't, that would say more about me. So yeah, no, it's not how I roll. But we're still friends. She's very cool, she's very fun.
Speaker 3: Well clearly yah, it's doesn't know how to respond.
Speaker 1: I mean impressive that you can still be friends with her. Good for you. That's a mature thing to do.
Speaker 4: Cool. It sounds like you've moved on to somebody else. Who is the new person I have?
Speaker 5: So this new person I met in kind of a strange way. I was getting off a plane at the airport and I pulled up Uber and wasn't really looking at what I was doing, and instead of ordering a regular Uber, I ordered an uber pool.
Speaker 4: Oh oh my god, I'm by accidents.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it suggests the cheapest.
Speaker 4: Thing to you.
Speaker 3: Oh I would have canceled that, like immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yes, chef is like, oh my god, the conversations with that person I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yes, pay the fifty dollars ye walk home instead?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what are the chances you get a hot girl in your Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was she hot?
Speaker 5: Well? She was? Because I was going to cancel it, but then it said Harper is on the way and you know, there's a tiny little bubble. But I was like, well, let's roll the dice on life and see what happened. So it was great, she was nice. It wasn't too awkward at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Did she accidentally also do the uberpool and was confused when you got in?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, she meant to do it. So, you know, brugality, I respect it.
Speaker 4: Anywhere else outside of the airport, you're not getting a good looking person sharing that car with you.
Speaker 3: You really got lucky.
Speaker 5: Airports are long drive Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So I mean I gave you guys to connect and get to know each other then, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And actually, like the second she got in the car, I was like, I know you from somewhere, and she kind of laughed, and I was like, no, no, no, I didn't request the super knowing I would see you. But I also couldn't figure out where I knew her from.
Speaker 1: Did she recognize you?
Speaker 5: No, she definitely does not know me.
Speaker 4: But I was wait, was that a line or did you really think you recognized her?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I really did, And I kept saying, this isn't a pickup, but I feel like I know you from somewhere, and I kept listing off the places where I thought I could know her.
Speaker 3: You know, okay, hold on, this is important.
Speaker 4: Where did you say you may have known her, because I'm hoping you were like, oh, it's fashion magazine or like something complimentary.
Speaker 1: Can't make a grocery store.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you should.
Speaker 1: Compliment her, be like, oh, I've seen you on a billboard. I'm pretty sure you work at the Dollar Tree.
Speaker 5: I just listened off a couple of parties that I had been at, like maybe she was a friend of a friend. Thout a couple of names.
Speaker 3: Did you happen to make out with a girl at a bar one time?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I didn't even think about that, Jeffrey. Ifriend made that way, I would definitely remember that girl.
Speaker 5: But no, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: I know what you look for me.
Speaker 1: How did you know her?
Speaker 5: I never figured it out, and I was going deep. I was going like, maybe it was summer camp like when I was a kid. Nothing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you'll spend twenty five minutes listing off places.
Speaker 5: Not in twenty five, but yeah, that's sure twenty Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did you actually go out with her on a real date or was the uber ride the entire experience.
Speaker 5: No, So he's the thing. I wound up finding a lot about her just because she would tell me what she actually did when I would ask, you know, guess a wrong one. And then when they were about to drop me off, I was like, I've got to figure this out. Is there like a bar we can go to? And she said there was actually a bar around the corner, and.
Speaker 1: She wasn't tired. I know, I'm with you, Alexis. I would have been exhausted from all the questions.
Speaker 5: We were actually like laughing about it, and it was really fun. It was really like really casual.
Speaker 2: I wonder if she knew, because you feel like it'd be fun if you know the answer and the other person does.
Speaker 4: Or maybe she didn't want to admit that she knew somewhere, and maybe that's why she's not calling you back after.
Speaker 3: All of this.
Speaker 1: Then they went to a bar together, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we did, and we had a great time. And this is the question. I don't understand why she hasn't responded to the text I sent, like, I get it. It's a weird meeting, but it was also kidne it like the encounter into a date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she thought about it and was like, oh, you're my ex husband and then.
Speaker 1: Remember, oh yeah, and he doesn't recall that he doesn't.
Speaker 4: Remember, or maybe it was the two hundred follow up text about it.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's on your future.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a doctor.
Speaker 4: Sure going to find out, because we're gonna call Harper for you here in just a minute. We'll try and figure out where you know her from if that's true, and get you a second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: Thank you, all right, hold on Man.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second date Updates.
Speaker 4: Today's second date Update is sponsored by uberpool.
Speaker 3: Yes, you want to ride with a.
Speaker 4: Hot stranger, you got a one to ten thousand chance that'll actually happen, but just make sure you're near an airport and then roll.
Speaker 3: The dice with uberpool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I bring it up because that's exactly what happened with our listener Daniel recently, who's actually been on with us before for a second date. He's back again, and this time he met a very pretty girl named Harper because they had a ride share together back from the airport. The majority of their conversation was dominated by hey, don't I know you from somewhere?
Speaker 1: God? And then guessing how many places you could.
Speaker 3: Put her for about twenty straight minutes that happened.
Speaker 1: By that they were having fun with them. She was laughing.
Speaker 4: Otherwise she wouldn't have agreed to go to drinks with him at the bar right after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, ask more questions about where she knew what she was signing up for.
Speaker 4: So there was hope, but now there's nothing, and that's why we're stepping into hell brook.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Did you guys ever even get to the point of is she single?
Speaker 3: That's a good question. Did you ask that?
Speaker 1: Okay, so she's married, and.
Speaker 4: Now we get no need to go These are important questions that we need to ask, but nobody asked, not even him.
Speaker 5: But there were more important questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're just trying to find out, you know.
Speaker 4: And honestly, she probably never would have gone out with you to the bar if she was with somebody else.
Speaker 3: That wouldn't be a good her husband.
Speaker 4: That's how they know my husband's boss. I have to Okay, well, now we have some guesses, let's get some definitive answers when we call her right now.
Speaker 3: You're ready to do this, Daniel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know, I never really thought of that, so that could be the truth. Anything possible at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is true. Anything is possible with uber pool.
Speaker 1: Again, you're actually not getting paid for this.
Speaker 3: Get your discount code with somebody else's name. Pool advertised?
Speaker 1: Do they not advertise regularly?
Speaker 3: We got to call Harper. Here here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi, we're looking for Harper. Hey, Harper, this is your lucky day because you're talking to Brook and Jeffrey in the morning right now.
Speaker 1: Hey Harper, Hey, Hi, Hi, I feel like Harper.
Speaker 3: This is start that we're a radio show familiar. We're on in the mornings.
Speaker 4: We're called Brook and Jeffrey, and we're doing something called a second date Update. We're trying to to hook you back up with one of our listeners that you met recently named Daniel.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: This is Daniel that you met riding home in an uber pool together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Were you shocked when an attractive guy got in the car?
Speaker 7: Yeah sure, yeah, I guess, yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, whatever you say.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I th always a question what he's doing overpool? Right?
Speaker 5: We are you gonna get stuck with?
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, I'm sorry to like bombard you with all these questions, But what we're trying to do is like help Daniel figure out if you guys had a connection, because he felt like there was something going on between you two in the uber ride and at the bar that night.
Speaker 1: Did you feel that at all?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah I did.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I know it may have been hard to get that because he was asking you a lot of questions about if he knew you from somewhere before.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I really genuinely didn't know what he was talking about, like we were, I mean ran through like the full list of all of.
Speaker 3: The potential like so you didn't know him.
Speaker 7: I did know him, and I didn't realize it until I got home, like unpassing, and then it hit me.
Speaker 1: I figured it out. We've been dying to know because he said he spent like twenty minutes just questioning you over and over.
Speaker 3: Again with guesses.
Speaker 2: Clearly he wasn't asking your questions.
Speaker 1: It clicked for you.
Speaker 7: You didn't tell him, No, I didn't because it was back in college.
Speaker 6: So it's been a.
Speaker 3: While, no wondering at a hard time.
Speaker 6: Mermury, Yeah, he was a student. I was a TA.
Speaker 1: Ta's not a big deal, like ta's are like grad students. Maybe you want to hear what happened though, Sorry.
Speaker 7: Like it's not what you think. It's not like we hooked up or anything. Like I I caught him cheating on a test. Oh, I brought it to the professor and got him like failed out of the class.
Speaker 1: And oh my god, you're still upset about him cheating.
Speaker 7: No, I just like I just feel so awkward ended his college career, So you hold that one class.
Speaker 1: I'm out of college for that.
Speaker 6: No, I mean he did get suspended, like that's a big deal.
Speaker 4: My thought here is if you remembered him after all this, why wouldn't you at least call him back or text him back to tell him.
Speaker 7: That I don't know, I just don't want to like deal, Like, oh my god, that's so uncomfortable, Like.
Speaker 5: Remember that horrible thing that happened to you, Like I was in charge of.
Speaker 4: That is sated it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he initiated it. Let's remember he's the one that Just.
Speaker 4: To be clear, the reason is not because he's a cheater. It's because you feel uncomfortable revealing that you were the one that caught him.
Speaker 6: I mean I didn't even think about him, beg Peter just like figured it was awkward. But yeah, you're right, maybe he's that type of person. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I'm not trying to plant that. I was trying to get clarification. But just tell her.
Speaker 4: We need to just tell you that Daniel is not a cheater and he's actually on the other line listening right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you guys for planning that in her mind.
Speaker 3: First of all, I was trying to get clarification.
Speaker 1: So now he knows he heard it all.
Speaker 3: Oh funny, right, Daniel?
Speaker 6: Oh god, okay, Well hi, hey, hi, sorry, Yeah, you know, it's not not every day you get to meet your own stool pigeon.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a big it's a big deal for me. A stool pigeon is like a term that they used to use in the mob when someone would snitch on somebody, like a rat. I guess you have to be a criminal. You have to have a criminal mind to understand what it is.
Speaker 1: Now you're evading taxes or what are you doing.
Speaker 4: Let's let's get off the crime talk and back onto the relationship that you guys were starting to form.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm embarrassed for sure. Okay, so let you know that they let me retake the course and I took like a no pass, which I guess is less bad than a fail.
Speaker 1: Okay, NP saves everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're kind of putting all of that on her though. Were you cheating on that test or not?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was definitely cheating on this.
Speaker 1: So she shouldn't feel bad, is what you're trying to say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, faith, in a way, you saved me. I never cheated on a test ever.
Speaker 3: Again, She's been improving you as a man for a long time. Yeah, how does that make you feel? Harper?
Speaker 5: This is so awkward.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that you learned your lesson.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's not upset or mad or anything. He's also embarrassed by it. Harper. You guys are experiencing the same thing right now.
Speaker 6: I guess I just I feel so weird.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 4: Well, let's let's take all this awkwardness, ball it up and move it to the side.
Speaker 3: We have all the awkwardness out of the way. Now, let's just how it works. Yeah, you can just snapped the fingers. Boom, awkward gone.
Speaker 1: Okay, smooth sailing from here on.
Speaker 5: Out.
Speaker 3: So Daniel, go ahead, start again. Where do I know.
Speaker 1: You from the Jeffrey some sort of party.
Speaker 3: It was a joke, don't answer.
Speaker 5: I remember you. You knocked it on me and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, why I didn't text you back?
Speaker 3: This is better than the text back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we could keep this good energy rolling into a second date of like a real meet up where you guys can create all new memories for yourself. We would pay for that date college. But it's up to you, Harper. You get to say yes or no to this.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you like the guy to go to a bar enough after he peppered you with questions for twenty minutes, you have to give him another chance.
Speaker 7: She just really needed a free drink and with like airplane hair.
Speaker 5: You're right, you're right.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Harper?
Speaker 6: I mean, Daniel, if you're I don't know, cool with like moving past it or whatever. I did have fun with you, like you're cute, you're funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, well beyond it. That was not the peak at the bottom of my life. So I would love to go on another day.
Speaker 3: His girlfriend made out with many many people, no mariends.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can tell you definitively I'm not a cheater, So.
Speaker 4: So you guys are going out officially and we're paying for congratulations.
Speaker 5: Thank you, well, thanks.
Speaker 1: A lot better than the last time he called it.
Speaker 4: Cheating in college may not have helped him academically, but romantically years later, it's finally paying off. Cheating works everyone. Jeffrey in the morning, Brook.
Speaker 1: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Well, another successful second date for Daniel.
Speaker 1: I've done it again. More successful second date for Daniel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but wait until the update update when Daniel tells us he caught this girl making up with the college mascot.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I mean, if they don't have a human face, does.
Speaker 4: It counting just making up with the mascot head?
Speaker 1: Is he just the most cheating?
Speaker 4: My god.
Speaker 1: I think they're really cute. I think they could actually work out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean they have a history already, they have a fun how you met story.
Speaker 3: They're all set up for success here.
Speaker 1: I mean it would be a great wedding reception story. And then the radio is involved. You don't think so, yeah, reason I didn't, Well, I guess youdn't you gicked out of college? So h yeah that works out?
Speaker 3: Man, Your mom almost failed me.
Speaker 4: It could be cute, and you could be our next cute couple that we set up on our show. All you gotta do is email us first. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second Date updates, including that last one with Daniel.
Speaker 3: Where we get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey