Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, arm Strong and Jetty and no He Armstrong and Yahetty.
Speaker 2: This I saw that a new study found that dogs can almost get all the nutrients they.
Speaker 1: Need from plant based foods. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only downside is once dogs go vegan, they won't stop barking about I heard, I heard, I heard you possible, Yes, impossibly.
Speaker 1: I that's pretty funny. Shut up, fid oh, shut up. So this makes my just makes me tired thinking about this.
Speaker 3: So my son is taking a class through the local public school district in American history, and I I knew from the get go that there's a chance it was going to be unpalatable to me. But the idea is really the idea is I just got to get through one more year of public school. It's off to the private school. Variety of reasons I can't explain, but and then I don't have to deal with it ever again in my life. But public schools are woke across the nation. They're even more woke in California, and they're even more woke than that in the town I live in so it's like three levels of woke and American history class day one they gave. The only assignments on day one was a handout to syllabus. You gave your pronouns and had to write a land acknowledgment explaining how we had stolen the land from the Indian tribe where the school was built and we should feel awful about it. So I knew we were off to a rough start. And then the teacher also handed out the book and explained how the book is full of lies and distortions that they will all that they will go through and fix. And I thought, wow, So the current history books, which most normal people feel like are two woke, are not.
Speaker 1: Two anti American?
Speaker 3: Are not anti American or woke enough for the teacher, oh boy. And it was explained how we're not going to use terms like slaves in this class. We'll call enslaved people because slaves is a dehumanizing term. You know, just when you start down the road of that sort of nonsense, I know you know which direction it's gone. I know, and I just think I think it's headed for a crash. I think it's headed for This ain't gonna work in the past, I've stayed out of this, but I no longer give a crap. I don't care if the person hears about it, or if it causes any problems, or I don't care. I just don't care. You're a lunatic if you believe that stuff, You're a freaking lunatic. Yeah, you well, you're an ignoramus, and your ideology and your ignorance have led you to saying just idiotic things. The lack of perspective is the thing that makes me insane.
Speaker 1: And gosh, how don't even know which direction to go. I've got so many But.
Speaker 4: The idea that that slavery slavery you're supposed to call it these days because it makes you sound most sovistigated, is somehow uniquely American, might be the least accurate thing that's ever said. Slavery was everywhere, all the time, for all of human history, and it was brutal and dehumanizing everywhere it occurred, no exceptions. And then a few societies, including ours, said, you know, this is ugly and sick.
Speaker 1: I don't think we ought to do this anymore, even.
Speaker 3: Without all this stuff. So how do we get back to a point where we should all learn American history, how this country is founded. That's not an attempt to cover up bad stuff. It's just you've only got time for so many things. And if you make the whole semester about how the Indians at this land before we got here, you don't get to the writing of the Constitution and how that came to be, and what the Bill of Rights is and how magnificent it is, and blah blah blah, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: You don't have time for it. If you focus on.
Speaker 3: Enslaved people and the name ative Americans, where are you. Where's a kid supposed to learn about Thomas Jefferson. If you spend all your time on Indian tribes and slavery, you're.
Speaker 4: Making an excellent argument to get parents on our side and get pissed off about this. That's a miserably ineffective argument against the teachers and administrators, though, because they know exactly what they're doing. They think America is an evil place Western civilization ought to be torn down, and they are actively trying to indoctrinate your kids into their neo Marxist thinking. And so they're like, no, no, we're teaching them precisely what they need to learn our priorities aren't wrong, they're precisely right time they would say to you, if they're going to be honest.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm so disgusted by all this.
Speaker 3: That's why I've gone completely anti public school. I just think it needs to be torn down, start over. Why do we even have public schools. It's a bad idea, it doesn't work. Get rid of them. And do you good teachers out there, and I know a bunch of them will work your asses off and your miracles. I mean just I've done some teachers that are just it's like they were said by God, they're so amazing.
Speaker 1: Love you people, love you, respect you, cherish you.
Speaker 3: And you can do the same. Gig at some sort of private school that's not out of its mind. Yeah, and again I beg government schools.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the right that's the right term. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So everybody who listens to the show knows I Joe, I'm an Orwell freak, and I'm so intrigued by one of the major themes of nineteen eighty four, which was, and I quote Orwell, the most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history. And you know, I've talked about that at length before, but I came across an absolutely wonderful description of why that is. It happens to be Peggy Noonan writing about the historian David McCullough, who he's passed away now for a few years, but some of his previously unpublished work has come out and and she says, this does not feel at all like Beryl scraping.
Speaker 1: This stuff is great. David. I didn't know there was unpublished David McCullough's stuff out. Cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had written, He's written all sorts of stuff. Truman, the Johnstown Flood, John Adams seventeen seventy six, the Wright Brothers, I mean, wonderful, wonderful. I've read a half does of them. So why does history matter? I will answer in the world's words of David McCullough. History shows us how to behave. History teaches reinforces what we believe in, what we stand for, and what we ought to be willing to stand up for.
Speaker 1: And it's not just the dry recording of facts. It has a moral quotion.
Speaker 4: He says, quote at the core the lessons of history are largely lessons in appreciation everything we have. All the great institutions, the arts are law exist because those who came before us built them. Why did they do that? What drove them? What obstacles did they face? How are we doing His stores and creators in difference to his isn't just ignorant, it's rude. And he's absolutely one hundred percent right. And twisting history is not an accident. That's what Marxists do. That's why Orwell wrote nineteen eighty four in the twentieth century, because he saw what they were doing and why they were doing it. But Jjin Bing's trying to do it every damn day of the week right now.
Speaker 3: The people on the other side have just such an easy argument for people who are just kind of paying attention and want to be nice people to grasp onto Well, people like me just want to cover up slavery and how we took the land from the Indians the end wrong.
Speaker 4: No, you're wrong and ignorant and either wittingly or unwittingly a Marxist activist. And I will spend every day I live opposing you.
Speaker 1: I hate you. I'm so hate speech, i hate you, I'm so frustrated by this. You can't even imagine.
Speaker 4: Oh, I can tried to imagine, but it came across another great piece of writing by Dan Luherman, who is curiously enough a professor of I want to get this right. He's a professor at Columbia University. He's a professor of cognitive science and teaches various science and theater, interestingly enough, at various schools.
Speaker 1: But woke he ain't. Boy, this guy's got to be unpopular at Columbia.
Speaker 4: He's written a brilliant piece for the Free Press called the War on Knowledge, and he's talking about how, and he gives examples of his kids' schools. In many classrooms today, the very idea of committing information of memory has become unfashionable. Schools have decided that facts are no longer worth teaching. As I toured schools for my daughter, we are often assured that facts will not be the focus of education.
Speaker 1: We don't do wrote memorization.
Speaker 4: Teachers probably declare with a condescending wink, as if memorization an outdated relic of a less enlightened era. But without facts, what are students actually learning? At the progressive Brooklyn private school where I once taught spelling wasn't corrected until middle school. Focusing on spelling, we were told, got in the way of creativity. I then watched smart curious kids right Massion macie n for machine at age fourteen than wilt When people involuntarily gasped at their failed spelling attempts. Their writings were often expressive and insightful and incoherent. They probably weren't even aware of these sixty thousand dollars per year price tag, or they might have raged against the massion funny thing to say.
Speaker 1: And then math was treated with the same flippancy.
Speaker 4: Curious about the curiously low standardized test scores, I once wandered into a math classroom where the teacher was barefoot in a faded led Zeppelin T shirt.
Speaker 1: It was a really cool shirt, he mentions.
Speaker 4: He then drew a circle on the board and announced, this is not a circle.
Speaker 1: That's the representation of a circle, all right.
Speaker 4: The lesson, it seemed, was to gain mystique points by using a stoner voice to say something quirky. I couldn't help but make a connection between that math lesson and the school's undying demand for expanse expensive private tutors.
Speaker 1: There's more.
Speaker 4: The war on knowledge is not confined to elite on claves.
Speaker 1: He writes.
Speaker 4: The Seattle Public school system embraced a Math Ethnic Studies framework starting in twenty nineteen. Their teachers were encouraged to reflect in their curriculum how can we change mathematics from individualists to collectivist thinking? Good lord, and you think I'm ranting about Marxism out of line, No, sir. That math framework reached more than fifty thousand. Students drew on themes like power and oppression and history of resistance in liberation, which reminds me of my favorite math joke, who I was ten scared of seven because seven, eight, nine and nine oppressed or something like that.
Speaker 3: This is a funny writing, it really is on a horrifying topic. Well, like one of the examples apparently this teacher said, we're not going to use terms like they use a term in the book. We're not going to use resourceful people. And I don't know what that's about. Have you heard that one? You're not supposed to credit I could imagine. Yeah, I can imagine too. There's too much credit giving given to, you know, people who came from England and started building colonies or whatever. The United States being resourceful when all they were doing is stealing from the endian or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, any positive attribute, it's white supremacy. One more quick quote from this in the words a Tracy castro Gill, the creator of the Math Ethnic Studies framework, And this is a quote, folks, decolonial teacher. Education must actively confront coloniality and create alternative frameworks. In her words, she casts education itself as a colonial project to be dismantled, a fundamental departure from what the word education means. We've got to tear it down, friends, tear it down. Government schools have been taken over by the extremest left period.
Speaker 3: It's disturbing, man, seriously disturbing. You Wonder where the you know, you run into a twenty five year old with crazy beliefs.
Speaker 1: They got it starting in kindergarten.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And I've got to at least be somewhat forgiving to some of these young teachers who are teaching the kids precisely what they were taught their entire careers and told was important to teach kids. But we folks can no longer sit quietly and idly and quote unquote trust our school boards and our teachers and our superintendents.
Speaker 1: No, man, we are in a fight, so fight. Hey, you want to come in on any of that? You have any example?
Speaker 3: School years up and running text line four one, five, two, nine fifty.
Speaker 4: It was August twenty twelve when the Publisher's clearing House prize patrol surprised this othern Oregon man with balloons, flowers, and an oversized check. You won five thousand dollars a week forever, they told him, with TV cameras rolling in.
Speaker 1: Oh cool.
Speaker 4: John Wiley, a white city Oregon thought he was set for life. He retired and moved close to his kids, bought a house on six acres near beautiful Bellingham, Washington, and every January for the past twelve years, Publishers Clearinghouse deposited that prize money into his bank account. But you know the old internet meme of how it started, how it's going, Here's how it's going.
Speaker 1: I thought, why didn't they give me a heads up? Hey, we're going out of business, you know that.
Speaker 5: No, it's like somebody just cut the cord, sold my jet, ski, sold portrailer. I had a little bit of money left over, and that's what I'm living on right now.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my home.
Speaker 4: In of this year, Publisher's Clearinghouse filed for bankruptcy.
Speaker 3: Wow, So if you're not old enough. Before there were lotteries everywhere. The prize to win was the Publisher's clearing House sweepsteak and had big celebrity ads everywhere, and you won a big check per week for the rest of your life, which is a cool way to get the money, I always thought, because it keeps you from losing your mind and spending it all in a drug addict with a young stripper wife, a pregnant stripper wife. But but if the company goes out of business, it sucks. If you planned your whole life around, I'm gonna get Was it five thousand a week for Layah? And they actually they said him a check once a year? Sure, but still that's fantastic. Yeah, that's fantastic. I mean, and you would, you know, you would base your spending around that save you the trouble. It's two hundred and seventy six thousand bucks a year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, awesome and so uh and n got a business, it's just over Well when the annual payment didn't arrive, he and his wife contacted publisher's clearing house and a representative told them the payments would resume on a quarterly schedule. Then the company filed for bankruptcy, no warning. And this guy had built his financial life around this, continuing hones, this is a fairly reasonable thing to do.
Speaker 3: Although I might have, you know, hired a lawyer briefly and said, just tell me a little something about bankruptcy law. If this company, I mean, is there some way I get this forever if the company decides to quit or goes out.
Speaker 4: But I might spend two hundred and fifty dollars a year to have an account and take a quick look at their financial statements.
Speaker 3: Wow, they didn't give my heads up. You got to send a letter that says two things, one good news and bad news. Good news, your diet is working, great, you look fantastic. Number two of the bad news, we're going out of business, and that whole five thousand a week is over starting now bye.
Speaker 1: So there's no oof is right?
Speaker 3: Holds a dude, I mean it's so I'm gonna go out?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, he's I think the guy we're talking about here is seventy whoa one and he's been out of the workforce. Oh, I'm sorry, this guy's sixty one. They profile a handful of people. This happened to this guy's sixty one, But he's been out of the workforce for years and years.
Speaker 3: You're not getting a job at age sixty one. It's pretty well documented that if you lose your job in your fifties, especially as a man, you will never work again.
Speaker 1: That's just the way. Our current economy is a structured so rob a liquor store or what.
Speaker 3: Well, plan accordingly, I guess, but you can't blame somebody for not planning accordingly when you got this lottery thing.
Speaker 1: I think so that poor son of a gun happens to live in Oregon.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Oregon, did you know, as if we need to re establish how crappy the mainstream media is, did you know there have been violent protests in Portland around the whole ice thing for dozens and dozens of nights, every single night.
Speaker 1: No, I had no idea.
Speaker 4: You got five people in marching for trans rights. ABC News will cover it, but no, haven't heard a word about this. Well, you're about to stay.
Speaker 3: With us, Armstrong and Getty. South Park is the most current TV show that has ever been Uh, here's the latest episode of South Park, which I haven't seen, Butters experiences the reality of tariffs when he has to buy a labooboo doll for his girlfriend's birthday.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's funny.
Speaker 3: We just sent ten F thirty five's to Puerto Rico, part of the whole Hey, Venezuela, watch your p's and q's effort that is going on right now, so stay tuned for more infull on that.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: As I've often said, the best way to discredit progressive policies is to enact them. Unfortunately, there is an enormous cost to that city. San Francisco's really turned itself around, making great progress. People are coming back, companies are running space. Well done, Mayor Luri and everybody in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: He's got a seventy five percent approval rating.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, some of the other great cities the West continue to be completely drowning in their own lefty lunacy. Seattle, which made a couple of tentative moves towards sanity, but they just shut down three of their big parks for sixty days citing negative activity, which they never describe exactly but it's junkies stabbing each other and shooting up and taking craps in the park and letting their pit bulls run around and making the parks utterly unusable for the people who live there. And so the city of Seattle is willing to shut it down and clean it up.
Speaker 1: They're not willing to say why.
Speaker 3: That description doesn't make the parks sound very pleasant. People crapping in the park with pitbulls running around.
Speaker 1: Oh, telling you that's not a good day.
Speaker 4: And in down there in beautiful Portland, formerly one of the great cities in the western the United States, which has gone completely to hell.
Speaker 1: As Dan Springer will.
Speaker 4: Make it clear to you, there have been violent, noisy, crazy Antifa driven protests there every night for dozens and dozens of nights, and it is getting zero coverage in the mainstream media because it's somewhat inconvenient.
Speaker 1: Dan Springer of Fox News.
Speaker 4: His audio will play now for the good of the audience.
Speaker 1: Night after night.
Speaker 6: This is the scene just outside the ice facility in Portland. Hundreds of residents live in apartments just feet away. They routinely call police about the noise and crime.
Speaker 1: Sit corner two in and out here they need help, but.
Speaker 6: The cops did not come. Residents on their own. This week, protesters brought what looked like a guillotine. Some confrontations end with residents getting assaulted, first a bullhorn, then a fist. No arrest was made despite the injuries.
Speaker 3: Wow, we've been on the air in Portland for what fifteen years something like that. First time I ever went to Portland thirty years ago, I thought, this is the greatest city I've ever been to.
Speaker 1: It's like a queen San Francisco. It was just it was so amazing.
Speaker 3: And then you know that I have got my famous story of taking Sam there when we went to watch the eclipse of the things that we saw on the street that were so disgusting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, public various befoulings of the streets. Yeah, so eighty two nights, is that what he said? In a row i'dvantually catch that number again.
Speaker 6: Rolland on this night in late June, federal police used tear gas and flashbanks.
Speaker 1: Again no Portland police in sight.
Speaker 6: It came out later in court that one officer told another, if it were not ice, we could assist directly. Julie Parrish sued the city to force police to enforce local laws.
Speaker 7: This is a full on abdication of police duty in a four block radius that impacts some of the most vulnerable Oregonians that we have. Now they've said, We're just going to let violent rioters do this for eighty straight nights and we don't care.
Speaker 6: Portland Police responded. We take these concerns seriously. At the same time, we are committed to protecting individuals' rights to express themselves peacefully.
Speaker 5: The Partland approach is pathetic, shottish, and if you enable people to behave the way the protesters have and wreck the neighborhood for everyone else, they will come back and wreck it the next night.
Speaker 4: Listen, we're pro cop around here, but that statement by some spokeshole is embarrassing.
Speaker 1: We take it very seriously. No, you clearly don't.
Speaker 4: But we also want to protect people's right to demonstrate peacefully. How many laws are they breaking it's unpermitted. I guarantee you that they're breaking noise ordinances literally literally breaking stuff. They're defacing private and public property, they're blocking traffic. Stop with your But we want to protect people's rights to protest peacefully. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: You know, I was happy to hear Elon the other day, and he was talking about his trans kid and how he lost his son and how he is going to spend a lot of money taking on the woke mind virus.
Speaker 1: This is part of the wolk mind virus.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad Elon's on the right side of it because more people need to be aware of it. It needs to be combated somehow. It's dangerous. It is such a dangerous crazy philosophy.
Speaker 4: Right, hey, and Portland PD officers, we know you guys want to do the right thing.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 4: Drop us a note, mail bag at Armstrong a geddy dot com and email. We have never in how long have you been doing this? It's discouraging. I'm getting old. We have never gotten a source in trouble. Never mail bag at Armstrong ageddy dot com. What is the brass telling you?
Speaker 1: Guys? Anyway? Rolling on and I tell you what again to my opening statement about discrediting progressive policies, but the enormous cost here's an example.
Speaker 6: The protest chaos, which began with riots aimed at social justice in twenty twenty, has severely damaged Portland's reputation. It's now ranked by the nonpartisan Urban Land Institute as the second worst place in America to invest with six and a half million square feet of commercial vacancy, The top twenty office towers have lost fifty seven percent of their combined value in five years.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, then go ahead played the last clip. Michael, It's short.
Speaker 6: Portland's elected leaders ignored our requests for a comment about what some are calling the city's debt spiral. As for those nightly protest, police admitted to us that they have not made a single arrest out there since June eighteenth.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 4: That is incredible, And in the people, and interestingly, it's you know, not rich people, people of color, whatever, who are pissed off.
Speaker 1: They're like, would you please enforce the law.
Speaker 3: Well, the first and only place I'd ever heard the term death spiral for a city was San Francisco, and we talked about it for a long time. It finally got so bad they elected a guy who was willing to do something about it, and the people were willing to let him do something about it. And now San Francisco it's completely different than it was a couple of years ago. I can attest to that with my own eyeballs having seen it change in that amount of time, and he's got a seventy five percent approval rating. How bad will Portland have to get before people are willing to turn it around?
Speaker 4: And danger danger Portland and Seattle. If you haven't thought of this, San Francisco was either in and of itself or by versue of being right next to Silicon Valley, the world engine of technology. You're not so San Francisco could come roaring back because all of the AI growth. They they got bail out by you know, great smart policy changes. But the energy that is reinflating the balloon of San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Is not everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and San Francisco used to be the number one tour spot in the world. I think it was Paris and then San Francisco. How long will it take before the world catches on that you can go back to San Francisco. It'll do damage for a very very long time for tourism. I mean, you cause damage that will take decades to fix. Even if, like today, you went full ly Rudy Giuliani in the nineties with Portland, it would take a very long time to turn things.
Speaker 1: Around, right, right, It's just outrageous.
Speaker 3: How would you I got a question for you after we talk about prize picks. I got a question for you about the Wolke mind virus. So I don't know what your prize picks. I don't think you could pick a more or less on spitting incidents in game one of.
Speaker 4: The NFL season is not included in Prize picks. Fabulous slate of player stats.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you had more or less on one, it was more there were two spitting incidents, it would seem anywhoor or lightning delays. But anyway, in terms of the players, all that stuff is really really cool. For instance, Joe Burrow, who's really the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year, and most cute as a button more or less two and a half tds this weekend. That's the sort of thing you can get involved in with Prize Picks. You should download the app today and use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 1: Yep, Prize Picks.
Speaker 4: Daily Fantasy Sports, all fun, no work. Just pick at least two player stat projections, tell them more or less get the prize picks app use the code of Armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 1: That's code Armstrong. You get fifty in lineups.
Speaker 4: You don't need to win, just after you play your first five dollars lineup Prize picks.
Speaker 1: It's good to be right. How do you like?
Speaker 3: How would you, in a sentence describe the woke mind virus or.
Speaker 1: Just the all of it.
Speaker 3: The it's got to do with flying in the face of reality always, whether it's boys and girls, sports or nobody can gather anywhere during COVID unless you're protesting cops than you can. I mean, just all these nonsensical things, right, well to describe.
Speaker 4: It in a sentence, I mean, those are great examples of what it looks like in the real world.
Speaker 1: It is a.
Speaker 4: Far leftist effort to tear down the institutions of Western civilization using fake, quasi.
Speaker 1: Moral arguments, right.
Speaker 3: So the moral arguments are the important part though, because I do believe that at the top it's being orchestrated by people who just want to tear down America. But the people that buy into it aren't thinking about that. So that's where the virus part comes in. It just you just glom onto the well. This seems like the right, nice thing to do. I don't know, right, And a lot of people throw around the term useful idiots for the people who don't know that they are executing the plans of uh Michelle Foucaut, the French uh, you know, neo Marxist philosopher.
Speaker 1: But I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to insult anybody. I'd much rather change their minds. Well, I do want to insult some people, but not those people. You have been duped into thinking they are trying to execute or create a.
Speaker 1: More moral, decent world. They're not.
Speaker 4: They lie constantly, They distort reality. They turn slavery as ugly into all you white people sit there and will tell you how all white people are evil and colonialism blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: And by the way, we now run these institutions. And that's the bottom line. The woke thing, the postmodernist thing, the neo Marxist thing, it's all a set of techniques to capture control of institutions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought all that would would go out the window, hopefully when the anti Jewish stuff started happening.
Speaker 1: On college campuses.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, that whole microaggressions thing was all crap and list it's against the white man, the jew whoever?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: No, No, that stuff is just a tool. They don't mean any of it. Well, the activists don't mean any of it. They just it's a tool. But the people who fall for it and think they're doing the right thing.
Speaker 1: Actually do believe all that stuff. Why was there so much spitting in the game last night? Is it going to be a new thing.
Speaker 4: Is that going to be part of a hocker shocker? NFL fields slick with spit? It's disgusting.
Speaker 3: Do you care about the fact that we now call the Department Offense the Department of War?
Speaker 1: Not really me neither.
Speaker 4: Initially I thought, why are we There's no point, there's no need. It's kind of militaristic, blah blah blah. But then I thought, you know, the term defense is almost never used. Look at that gleaming new defense ship full of a bunch of defensiers who are ready to defend America in future defenses like they did in World War World Defense two.
Speaker 3: I hope we don't end up at defense with China. Yeah, you're right, right, more stuff all the way state here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the NFL season is here, and with all the drinking at the games and bars and even at home, it's important to stay hydrated, which explains this new added check this out.
Speaker 8: Hey fans, football is back, which means tailgating, beers and shots shots, shots. But remember it's important to stay high and drink water. And that's why you can always count on us, of course light as a longtime course light drinker. I resemble that remark. That's one of the things I liked about it. You can drink twenty of them because it was mostly a can of water. NFL tonight the Chiefs and Chargers both likely playoff teams playing each other. But the main thing is that they're playing in Brazil and it's on YouTube, so it's in a country where they don't really watch NFL and I don't know how many people are going to be there or care about the game.
Speaker 3: And then it's on YouTube. It's a first YouTube game. They bought a package thingy, like a lot of different outlets have. There are more different platforms for watching NFL games this year than there ever have been before. You don't have to be a YouTube subscriber anybody can watch it on YouTube, although it was just a month or so ago. Remember when Taylor Swift announced her new album she was on the Kelsey Brothers podcast. YouTube crashed because one and a half million people tuned into that when it was live. And the average NFL game gets about eighteen million people. So hopefully they've beefed up something. I don't know the technique. Yeah, what was the other super high profile Uh? Oh, it was the first NFL game they did well that And remember the Mike Tyson the Mike Tyson fight they crashed?
Speaker 1: Was that apple or whoever that was? That didn't work all of the viewers of favor. Oh did you see Mike Tyson's going to fight Floyd Mayweather? Did you see that? They announced that yesterday? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Uh, Tyson is orige. He's going to be sixty when the fight happens. Uh. Back to the football game, so they're they're playing in Brazil. I didn't even following the thing about new globes and new maps. Lately, we've been the world has been using the same globes and maps.
Speaker 1: Since Magellan was floating around the Earth.
Speaker 3: And we have an upstate my globe, and we haven't updated them, and they're way out of proportion, and and and and all kinds of different stuff, and so they're put they're trying to get new maps going. So you see that Africa is way way bigger than the United States, whereas in most globes and maps that you ever see on a school wall, it's not, for instance, so but that.
Speaker 1: But I was looking up when the game is.
Speaker 3: It's actually at nine o'clock local time, even though it's going to be on at eight o'clock East Coast time. For some reason, in my mind, I picture South America being straight down from America, but it's way east of US.
Speaker 1: You go down in way east, so whatever, it's kind of over yonder.
Speaker 3: But so they're gonna be playing it from like nine to midnight local time there.
Speaker 1: I don't know whatever. I don't know how many fans off in De Rio at midnight.
Speaker 4: That sounds like delightful and totally safe recreation.
Speaker 3: Well, I know some people involved with some of the teams, and they are leaving immediately after the game. As far as I know, everybody went down there and you were not allowed to leave the hotel, and they're leaving as soon as it's over. So if you're a fan, I guess you go down there and enjoy San Paulo and hope you don't get mugged. If you're actually with the teams, you're huddling up in your hotel.
Speaker 4: Oh it's in su Polo, Window, which is an enormous city.
Speaker 1: One of the biggest cities on Earth. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Every time I'm reminded of the population of it, I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. Yeah, San Paulo, Brazil.
Speaker 3: The only thing I know about it is that great, big, giant Angel Christ statue thing that they got high up on that hill. You see that anytime they show Zampola. I would like to see that with my own eyes. But I also do my son. My brother was there with his daughters for the Taylor Swift concert last year and said it was super sketchy around there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I believe that.
Speaker 3: But it will be interesting to see if YouTube crashes or not. And they've got some YouTube stars like mister Beast is somehow involved. Various people that have huge presences on YouTube are involved in the broadcast in various ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Interesting, you know. I I you learn yearn long to go back to London and spend more time in Britain. I really enjoyed it, and I would love to go to a soccer game there. But I would not go there to watch an American sport, I don't think. Although you know, a buddy of mine's a huge Chiefs fan, and he went to see the Chiefs in London, thinking yeah, I'm going to see the Chiefs and I'm going to see London, which makes perfect sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: It seems a little odd if I if I get the chance, if I'm ever in Brazil, it's not going to be to watch a football game I could watch here personally. Yeah, yeah, I had another question, but I'll save it.
Speaker 1: So we do four hours every single day. If you don't get every.
Speaker 3: Segment every hour, you be held against my will. You should look for our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. We've had some interesting stuff in our One More Thing podcast the last several of the days that includes some squares. If you've ever wanted to hear Joe swear, you can tune into the One More Thing podcast.
Speaker 4: Or spend five minutes with me in real life. Not really, I try not to be too foul mouthed.
Speaker 3: So we are sending ten f thirty five's to Puerto Rico to boost up that military presence we've got down there in South America that, among other things, we can talk about.
Speaker 1: I hope you stick around, Armstrong and Getty