Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi girl, Hi Hi.
Speaker 3: So this is going to be a fun episode because we are bringing Austin Nichols on the show because next Sunday, our movie Gaslet is coming out on Lifetime, so I thought it would be awesome to kind of chat with him about the movie and just all things Gaslet by my husband.
Speaker 4: I cannot wait.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to watch it.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited, which sounds terrible because it's like a really correct, like tough subject line, but like I love movies like that. I'm also really excited proud of you. Yeah, I'm really excited to see you in that kind of role, like I got as Preston. We watched the trailer and I was like, damn it.
Speaker 4: Cre great job, Cramer, Like I.
Speaker 5: Just couldn't, like I was because it's so different than anything I've seen you do, but so good.
Speaker 6: Like I'm just really excited.
Speaker 3: The trailer is scary, I know, I know, And it was hard too because I wanted so Jolie's obviously in the movie, she plays my daughter. I wanted to show her the trailer, but I'm like, man, this this is really scary. But I also wanted her to see.
Speaker 2: That she's been there.
Speaker 3: So I was like, hey, baby, do you want to see the trailer for the movie. But before I press play, I just I need you to remember this is just a story, and this is remember how I had to kind of talk to her about what was happening in so she got the context of it, like when she'd run in and we were fighting or something, and I'd always when we'd cut, I'm like, are you good?
Speaker 2: That was just make believe, you know.
Speaker 3: So it was tough. Yeah, that is tough, I know. But when she watched it, she's like, that's scary, and I was like.
Speaker 2: I know, but I was like, I was trying to balance that line was.
Speaker 6: A little Yeah.
Speaker 4: Even my twelve year old was like, oh, this is so scary. I was like, it's fine.
Speaker 3: It's funny though, because not funny. But when we were filming one of the scenes, it was a scene where you guys will obviously on Sunday you'll see it. Hopefully you watch and tune into Lifetime. But the scene where we end up leaving the house and I've got the bags packed, Austin and I were joking about something and Jolie's like, Mommy, it's serious. Time get serious. And I was like, okay, girl, I love get in your role. Yeah, I was like, she's like amateur. That was like the you know, her second week, so she was getting I was just so proud of her confidence. It's great, amazing she did. But that was just funny because she was schooling me.
Speaker 6: Does Jolie want to do more movies?
Speaker 2: Now she does? She actually has a meeting with an agent. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm really proud of her because this is something where again I feel like she kind of stepped into her confidence and so that made me really happy to watch as a mom. Even cried like a lot of kids couldn't do that. No, No, a lot I could not do that. I mean, I have three. I'm pretty sure that so far. But I mean, but again, all kids excel at different things. Yeah, kids are sports phenomenons, you know what I mean. Jolie, can you know that can't do a cartwheel?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? So it's like they're all different.
Speaker 5: I couldn't do a cartwheel either, non actress, just trying to find a spot.
Speaker 6: Still forty two.
Speaker 3: They do, but I am really excited. It's weird because I'm I'm kind of like how you said, Kat, I'm it's it's weird to be excited for a movie like this because it is someone's story that I was telling, but also it's not And I talked to Morgan because this is the stories based on Morgan Metz. Her her her husband tries to kill her. And when I talked to her, you know, it was I was so careful of my words too, because it was just I wanted to be sensitive to the situation. But she also knew my domestic abuse background, and so you know, she was just like, this isn't just for me. I did this for everybody else in which we had that conversation because when I got the offer, I told Lifetime I wanted to do like a little background. I told the head of Lifetime that I really wanted to do something in the domestic abuse space and then you know, be able to shed light some light on that. And when this came about, I was just like, Wow, this hits close to home with some of the things that happen. And so when I talked to Morgan, you know, that's and that's when I told my therapist. I was like, and I told you. We even talked about on here. I was like, I don't know if I want to tap back into that because I've already done, like there's just so much emotion. Well I'll even be able to bring the emotion out. And that's when you know. I sat on here again. My therapist was like, it's not for you. And then when Morgan and I talked about it too, she was saying, you know, this is for the women that can't get out of that relationship and that need to see this, that need to see because I think even if it's not the physical abuse, the abuse that comes with the gas lighting is so much too. Because I remember, I mean, I'm sure we've all been in a situation where you just question your sanity and you're like, wait, but I I know what just happened, But then you're saying it didn't happen, and then you just feel like you're crazy.
Speaker 5: I grew up in a very tumultuous house, and I don't and I will be careful to what I share, but I would say that this, like watching you on here, a lot of that resonates because the gaslighting is so real. I mean, you don't even know that it's happening, and it's a slow chip away. I think a lot for women. Yeah, I mean I've been in relationships too where I've gone like, but wait, that's actually not reality. Like it's almost weird when you have to stand in a truth and say that is that's actually not what's happening. I'm not gonna let you say that to me, even if you're not saying that out loud in your brain, because it gets so tangled up and enmeshed and crazy.
Speaker 2: But it's just so hard to know.
Speaker 3: Like I mean, I it wasn't the only gaslighting relationship. But then when I look back, I'm like, it's just crazy how they try to twist the reality and twist what's actually happening.
Speaker 6: The narrative becomes their narrative.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean we know that it happened. You know, you you would sit there and watch it happen, right, You're like no, yeah, And I'm like and Catherine's trying to but no matter how much Catherine could then tell me something, I'm the one that's being like, said all this information, I'm like, no, nothing, he did nothing, he did nothing wrong, And you're submerged and you're like, yes.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think too. It'll be interesting to watch it from a point of view. I I don't know that I can truly think maybe a family relationship, but I don't know that I can truly pinpoint a major gas lighting relationship in my life, if I'm being completely honest.
Speaker 2: You're such a sturd actin so I.
Speaker 1: Mean, maybe mom to an extent, but like I would have never thought of it that way, you know, but I truly don't think I could. But it'll be interesting to watch it from that perspective, have like having only seen other people go through it, but I think it'll be it'll be interesting to watch, and I think it'll be really important for people who have been in that situation, but people who haven't to really kind of understand more about people who are in that situation. Like there were times with me with you, I'm like I can't, like I can't, you know, not to be mean, but it was kind of like, how does she not see this?
Speaker 4: I can only do so much? What do I say? What do I do?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: But when it's your life and your subb it's and I've learned that so much now yet I think it's very important for people who maybe haven't seen it, who haven't been in that relationship, to see how it messes with the victim and how how they you know, how they see it.
Speaker 4: I just I'm interested to see and.
Speaker 2: How they take it on as it's their fault.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, they're they're to blame or they're the ones that did X, Y and Z. And even if you were, I mean, because like I just said, how you're so emotionally and you're you're so strong. I feel even though I mean, even the people that are strong, they still it can easily just the comments can easily start to chip away at people. Sure, And that's where there are certain things. When I was watching back the movie because I saw the rough cut, even when he asked, He's like, why didn't you pick up the kids, It's like, well, I I didn't. You didn't ask me to pick up the kids. So it's like this even just a simple.
Speaker 2: Question of.
Speaker 3: Not I don't want to say antagonizing, but a simple question of doubting the other person, what their reality and what their talk was, it starts to just start to you know, because he was upset about something that happened, but I didn't say I was going to pick up the kids? Right, Why are you asking me if I was picking up the kids? And then it becomes like an argument.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also I do want to go back to I don't think that I haven't been in that situation because I'm strong in quotation marks. I think even the strongest people can easily be guess no, I mean I just have been lucky enough. And maybe it is because how I grew. I don't know, but I just don't think that I have. But like, I think it would be so easy, even just hearing that comment, I would easily be like, wait, I could easily see feeling crazy and just the smallest conversation like that, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm anxious to watch it for sure.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh, I just say I know I could not have done it without Austin, Like there's there's no possible way. Especially there was a scene during the attack scene, so I don't like it.
Speaker 2: This is this is no.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say it's embarrassing. This is just a very personal thing. But if someone is on top of me and it could be having sex, like if there's if I feel like I can't get up, I will go into a full panic attack mode because the body remembers my first abuser on top of me and I couldn't move, and so during this scene, I was like, oh man, I'm gonna I think I'm gonna struggle at this because Austin is on top of me, and I know I'm trying to struggle to get out.
Speaker 2: There's a scene.
Speaker 3: Where he puts the pillowcase over my head, and so not only are my my arms bound he puts the pillowcase over my head, but because we were so in it, when he put the pillow case over my head, it was too tight. So I couldn't breathe because I took one big breath and it took me right back to being strangled. I mean, I screamed so loud that they had to they called cut because I just I couldn't breathe, and I mean riped the thing, you know. They off my head and and I just I couldn't. I just lost it and I had to go outside and then we had to take five because I just my my whole body was just like back in it and it was so fricking scary. But like the only person that I felt safe around that moment was being there with Austin and like knowing like he had me and that that wasn't what was going on, this was just a movie. And I had to almost like I had to take five minutes, put my feet on the ground outside, take a few you know, deep, and go, Okay, this is not reality. This is not actually happening. But it just brought me back and it was yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 5: Wow, Yeah that is this is not Mario Lopez square, No, No, this is not.
Speaker 2: No, it was it was no.
Speaker 3: I mean I even had to talk to to Amy about it because that moment was just it was tough, but I got to take the power back in that moment. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also what she helped me with.
Speaker 5: I can see glimpses even in the trailer of just like it almost because I know you looked almost therapeutically acted, like I was like, Okay, she knows this space.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you about a scene that I'm i think the most proud of, but let's first get Austin on.
Speaker 7: Hello ladies, seriously.
Speaker 3: Let me just tell you right now what Austin is up to, because he just started filming, acting, directing in a movie that he's directing the movie and he's acting.
Speaker 4: In It's amazing.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not acting in it.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you're not acting. I thought you were acting in it.
Speaker 7: There was a lot of talk. It's funny when you're an actor and you start directing people that questions. I was like, well, are you going to play a role? And there was a moment where I was going to play the bad guy because people love me to play bad guys, which we're going to get into. And then we got an amazing we lost our leading man and for a while there we were scrambling to find someone and the producers were going, can you do it? And I was like, no, no, I mean I could, but I really don't want to. I really really wanted to focus on directing and be so so locked in and focused. But now I'm not. I mean, there may be a funny little moment I find, like a fun little you know, hitchcock little I'm back in the corner or something funny, but no, I'm not playing a substantial role.
Speaker 3: Well, either way, you're directing, and there's that's a lot of moving pieces. So thank you for coming on to talk about gas lit by my.
Speaker 7: Husband for having me. I'm so excited So when you.
Speaker 3: Got this, well, actually, let me just get the elephant out of the room really fast. Sydney, our producer has a big crush on you. You are I'm calling out Sydney, Sydney.
Speaker 7: Sure, Sydney for my Sydney. I actually, I can believe you just did.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 2: You cannot tell me, you know, we're talking about this later.
Speaker 7: How are you hi? Oh my god, I'm good, so great to meet you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just had to say that. Sorry, Sydney, I love you. Okay, of Sydney. She can't tell me stuff like that. She doesn't know yet.
Speaker 3: I didn't like Chad Austin was my crash and I'm like, well, she shouldn't tell me that one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So when you got this script, what was your first thought? When reading the script.
Speaker 7: I immediately my gut said, this is so meaty. This role is so meaty. And it goes from you know, like all American happy young couple to you know, this guy becomes a monster. And I'm like, how do you say no to that? You know, there's there's there was never a doubt in my mind. I was like, I I these are the kinds of kinds of roles you dream about that you can sink your teeth into where you get to go from A to Z. And you know the hard part was, you know, being such a monster with you in some of these scenes and and and seeing you go to these places that was really hard and and at times like terrifying and like you were the one going through it and it was way harder for you. But then we're sitting there going what are we doing? Like it was it was you know, I remember a moment that you I'll let you talk about it if you want to or not, where we all had to stop and go like, okay, we have to think about this for a second. You know, it was it's really case I see. But you know, those heavy things are are I feel like what a lot of actors you know, dream about. You know, you want to be able to test yourself. You want to be able to you know, stretch your wings. You want to be able to try something challenging and that you've never done before. And I mean this this was a huge opportunity for me.
Speaker 3: What was that the pillowcase one, because that's what I had just Yeah, that was that one scared me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, have you talked about that already?
Speaker 3: I basically, yeah, just just before you came on, I said, one of the moments that I think triggered my past was when you were on top of me and I couldn't breathe when that pillow case came over.
Speaker 7: So I remember, like, because we had to do this a bunch of times, and you know, we're on the and Janet, we're struggling, and jan is emotionally, you know, like going through it and it's screaming in tears and all this stuff. And I remember when the pillowcase, when I put the pillowcase over your head, the fake blood on your face soaked into the pillowcase, and then the pillowcase you breathed in and it went that kind of like concave suction into your mouth, and that's I freaked out. And that's right. We need tapped out because I mean, I knew you weren't going to suffocate, but it was the scariest moment. And that's right when you you were like no more, and it was I've never been in that position on a set. I've never experienced anything like that, and I can't even imagine what that was like for you.
Speaker 5: That was one of my questions is because you two have such a deep friendship to be an actor and then have to separate your compassion that you have for her as a person. Does it make it even more challenging then to step into a role obviously as an actor and like as like a master of your craft, you want to be really good at that scene, but then you have this heart for a person. How what is the duality of that feel like in the scene.
Speaker 7: I mean I could never let go of caring about like I could never fully step into this this character and not care like there was never a moment where I was like I wasn't thinking about her. You know. It just it's impossible. I'm not that good of an actor.
Speaker 2: No, maybe you're just that good of a human.
Speaker 6: I actually would prefer you to be a better human. Anyways.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, well, thank you, that's very nice, But it's it's it's just one of those I don't know what else to say about it. It was just, you know, while while it's important to get this story out there and it can ultimately help people, and it can help women get out of dangerous situations, there's there's a moment I think where we all we were all going, why are we doing this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I think too. I mean that that that part as well. There was sexual assaults in it, So there was just those those different layers of I mean even it's hard because we are so close and we're we've been friends for so long, it was difficult to I mean for the for the first week and a half, I mean, we barely even spoke to each other because we had to both be in seene and you had to be this monster and I and I had to be on the brink of a complete breakdown in tears. That like, there was no normally on a set, it's I mean you've been there, it's like everyone's happy and they're talking, and it's like you don't really need to really get into character that much at them, you know, because this is all like usually fun, like yeah, Christmas movies and you know. So, but this was like we almost stayed apart for a while because we had to stay in such a like distant thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I mean, I remember after that first week or week and a half going, oh my god, I'm so glad we got that stuff over with because then we were able to actually laugh and have some fun, and it was hard to find those moments even but we did and we're kind of like, oh my god, I'm so glad that stuff is over. You know, the movie still had heavy stuff in it. But I don't know how you felt, but I was. I was thankful we kind of did that.
Speaker 2: I was relieved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the heavy abuse stuff was done and over with what do you what? I loved and that's what I just to go back to what I was kind of telling the girls, like I could not imagine someone else playing opposite me with this movie. Like I just I'm so thankful for you and grateful for you, like you're You're just an incredible actor. You're the best scene partner ever. There's a scene in the I mean there's so many moments where Austin and I get each other so well that and he knows when I'm about to do something to do a better take, and he's like do it again. And he did that to me on one Tree Hill where he held my hands and I, you know, I started crying. And so you're just such a giving actor and I don't I've never had that before, so I was just I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I'm just so grateful you you accepted this role.
Speaker 7: You're gonna make me break down here. I love you so much and I've never I've never really had somebody that I've got to work with again that I felt like we had. We have something that really works, you know. And I'm not going to be grandiose and compare us to Bogie and Bacall and you know some of these old amazing people who did you know, like in a stolen around Gossing, that work together again and again again because they have something that works. But I feel like we have something like that, and that's so rare. I hope we get to work together again. You know, you're you're You're phenomenal, and yeah, like I said it, it just doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: Was there a scene for you in the movie that you're the most proud of.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the first thing that jumps to mind is when Rodney comes to you and he he says that he's sick. And to be perfectly honest, I just I've emotion has been something that when I was younger, was really hard for me as an actor. And I think honestly it was just because I was young and I didn't have a lot of life experience, and you know, it came from a relatively really happy, nice family. Sure we had our issues, but you know I didn't I didn't come from the street, and I didn't like, you know, I don't have this. You know this tough, this tough story, in this tough childhood. But as I've gotten older and I've been through some stuff and I've lost my mom, and you know, I was really proud of that scene with you. There there was a natural kind of flow and it felt a little effortless when in the past it's the emotion has always been a struggle for me. So that one was I remember. I remember going upstairs in that house at the end, and just like I cried again because I was that's something that's been hard for me in my whole career. I was like, I was like, I was so thankful and grateful, and I remember looking up into the ceiling and thanking my mom. I was like, you know, you made me, you made by leaving me, you made me a better person, and you made me a better actor.
Speaker 4: Wow, gave me chills crying.
Speaker 8: That seems amazing, so sweet, though, Austin, I have a question for you that I've actually wanted to ask a lot of actors that get casted, So you said that you kind of you've been casted in similar roles that like kind of the bad guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I we always need a bad guy in the movie.
Speaker 4: We need you.
Speaker 6: But I hate it for you on a personal level because I hate that.
Speaker 5: I just have always hated when an actor has to be the bad guy, you know, because we all know there's like certain guys that just always get casted that way. Does it does it hurt your heart at all at some point that you're like, I make an awesome bad guy.
Speaker 7: Yes, it does. It does hurt my heart all the time. But at the same time, you know, don't feel too bad for me, because playing bad guys is really really fun.
Speaker 5: I mean, we do need you. I mean it's not really much fun if we don't have a bad guy. But man, I thought about that, like on a personal level, it's like, Wow, I make a really good like a hole. I can't wait to be casting you know, Like that's horrible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, it's so funny because a lot of time it's the grass is always greener. You know, I'll play a bunch of bad guys and I'll be you know, calling my agents like send me lead, send me, you know, I want to be the good guy, and then I'll get one and I'll do it, and then I want to be the bad guy. Yet so I actually think I've been extremely lucky to kind of be able to do both. Maybe if you really kind of waited it out, it would probably be more bad guys. But I'm you know, I feel like it's really fun and except for maybe this one was a little less fun because it's so intense, but it's usually really really fun. The one thing that I think is so interesting about being a lead is and you see this with you know, you really see it very rarely. And that's why I think, you know, movie stars are so rare because to me, it's all about trust and the audience trusting basically a person, and it's not even acting ability. To me, it's some of these people, like when I think of Tom Hanks or something or someone like that, we just inherently love and trust this man and he can play characters or he can play himself, whatever it is he's done at all. But there's something to me that's so fascinating about trust and a person sitting down in a movie theater or on their couch and they just go. I know I'm in good hands for the next two hours. Like I know, I'm not going to waste my time with this person. And that is something that I just I just think is so special.
Speaker 3: Well, what I think you do really well with the bad guy thing is you always try to find the heart. Like I remember when we were doing the courtroom scene and you had asked me basically what because I had you didn't talk to Morgan ever.
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, I think when I told you about kind of what Rodney did in the court scene, you know you've even throughout the movie, you still tried to Yes, he is a monster, and you still tried to give him a heart in it as well, and some kind of compassion where it's you know, he did awful things and he's also broken and you were trying to, you know, give him some some you know some yeah, some compassion.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess you know, if we were doing a doctor you know, it's it's it is at the end of the day, it is a movie, too, right, and you want to tell a great story. And I think you know, seeing seeing Rodney at the beginning and seeing this young love and this like these two all American all American couple. You know, you want, I feel you want to like these people so much at the beginning, so that what happens is so much more powerful, right, So you know it is a bit manipulative. But at the same time, I think it just it makes a better story. Right if the guy was just totally if there wasn't a little any kernels in there that we liked about him, I feel like people just turn it off, you know. So it's funny because I do feel weird about it. Sometimes I felt where I was like, why am I trying to like show the audience something lovely about this prencipent.
Speaker 1: But I think that's reality. I mean, unless you're just a complete, you know, psychopath over here, who you know, whatever, most of these people do have glimpses. That's why people get stuck in these situations. They have glimpses of the good in them, and that's why people get in these situations. So I think that's so important to show that because that's part of it.
Speaker 7: That's a great point. Yeah, I mean, you fall in love with someone, Yeah, there's absolutely I'm sure, you know, I'm sure there was a lot to fall in love with early on and then you know, people change, but you're I think that's really astute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really smart well as a guy, because you know, I feel bad always being like, you know, the woman is, have you been in a relationship where you've been gaslet from on the other side of things? Because I feel like it's just we've you know, it's just like the women and we've been gasolt and we've been abusing. Now the statistics are I actually don't even know, so I'm not even gonna speak on it, but I'm just we always just say that, like when I've been doing press, I'm like, you know, to the women out here that need to see this movie for sure, and I'm like, and men.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, No, that's such a great, great question. And this is I always think this is a question we should always ask the other sex, right like, because we always tend to talk about ourselves and to ask the other team, you know, is so I think that's what solves so many of our problems. Let's talk. Yes, Yes, I have, I have. And you know it's funny is that I And when I was in it, I didn't really know I was I am. And I think that's probably what a lot of people would say I didn't realize it, and I didn't really pick it up, you know, until I was out of it and picked it apart that I start to understand. And that's that. I feel like that's what happens to a lot of people, is you know, you fall for someone and there's something great there, and then as it bad things start to happen. You. You know, if you're a positive person, you stick to those positive Oh well, this happened, and this happened, and they were so lovely and this was this is so great, and you I stayed kind of blind. I don't really know what to say about that, except I wish I would have been more aware earlier.
Speaker 3: I guess it's like how though, you know, like for the person that's in that situation, it's it's so hard when you're in the cycle of that abuse, with lighting and the mental abuse of it all, it's like, how do you even see it?
Speaker 7: Yeah? And also I think, I mean, I can't say this for all human beings, but I think a lot of human beings when they're in something, they want it to work right, so we ultimately our goal oriented. I feel, at least I am and I want something to work, whether it's my career, my relationship, whatever it is I'm building, you know, something out of wood in my garage. I want it to be good. So I try to work.
Speaker 3: What else, Austin, I mean, you've got your directing. What else is on the horizon for you?
Speaker 7: I mean, I can't tell you, guys, how fun this is to direct this movie. Today's day four. We have a late call. We go in at one o'clock. We have two night scenes. I have the funniest group of actors. I have an amazing crew. Everyone's laughing and having a ball, even though it's ninety five degrees and we're all dying in the heat. But you know, we're doing a comedy. And I haven't seen anybody frown. I haven't seen anybody throw a tantrum. It's just been such a joy, and I I'm I'm lit up in a way that I haven't been, you know, in a long time. And by the way, I love acting, I'll always love acting, but this is just new. It's a new horizon. It's something I can really seek my sink my teeth into. And I just I hope this movie turns out good and people see it and I get to keep doing it.
Speaker 2: What's it called again?
Speaker 7: Right now? It's called Muni and I will I will say that the title is probably going to change. I'm not gonna I can't say what yet, but the title that we're gonna that it's in the in our minds is really really cool. In the second I can, I'll tell you. But so basically, it's about a really run down, beat up public golf course with dirt fairways and the quirky misfits who work there. The whole place is in jeopardy of getting you know, bought and developed, and it's just about a bunch of funny people trying to protect their home.
Speaker 3: I love that there's rumors swirling there's a One Tree Hill reboot.
Speaker 2: Would you do it? Yes or no? He's drinking a glass of water and he's not answering.
Speaker 7: Look, I mean, it's so rare that you're a part of something that could be redone. I really feel like it's you know, we see reboots when we're at home. We see reboots all the time. We're like, enough of the reboots, But how many actors can say they were in something that's going to be have another life? I mean, it's very cool. And you know, all I'll say is that I would just I want it to be the best that it can be. I want it to be awesome. And you know, if all the pieces fall into the right place, you know, how can you say no?
Speaker 4: Love it?
Speaker 3: Austin, you are the best. Thank you so much. Appreciate you just being vulnerable and sharing everything that you have. And I just I love you.
Speaker 7: I love you to death, and thank you for bringing me into this movie, gas Lit, and I owe you one. I had such a blast with you. And let's let's go make some more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we will love it, okayn't wait to watch, I asked him.
Speaker 2: I thank you for taking the time.
Speaker 7: You got it.
Speaker 2: You're the best.
Speaker 7: You're the best.
Speaker 4: No, you're the best.
Speaker 2: You know you're I mean it just he's just the best.
Speaker 4: He's such a lovely human.
Speaker 2: He really is.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that about me. I was sweet that he shared about the emotion side of it.
Speaker 7: I knew.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't really remember him crying on One Tree Hill, but not that. I don't think that storyline really ever led to him being super tearful or anything like that. I mean, he's been in a bunch of other stuff, Sydney. I'm sorry. I just can't want you to have the opportunity to say hello.
Speaker 2: I'm glad she's I know you're happy. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Like I wouldn't do it if I was.
Speaker 1: You look beautiful, but it is early there, so I didn't know. But she's actually the best wing woman on that. Like there's been probably twice that we worked together. Been like, all right, Jana, don't usually ask, but this is the one, and she's like, I'm on.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Lance Bass one of them I did.
Speaker 4: I asked.
Speaker 1: He's not a bit, I'm not a huge but I was like, everyone's gonna think this is cool.
Speaker 4: I'm actually going to ask for a photo.
Speaker 1: But no, I can't remember there was someone I was like, no, I just stood back and I was like, I can't ask on this one. I'm just gonna stare while you talk. I wouldn't be able to speak with Matthew. I can't even remember, but I think it's happened a couple of times. But you're the best with that.
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 2: Is that for me?
Speaker 7: We interviewed Maddie and Tay and I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 5: I remember that got me a picture with them and like we hung out for a while.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 3: I'm literally like, I feel bad for anyone that are quote unquote celebrities in my phone because I'm the person.
Speaker 7: Like, let's call him.
Speaker 2: They'd love to say hi to you. You know, I just want everyone to meet like the person. I just I think it's so fun.
Speaker 5: But you've done that for me too, because I have girlfriends in Michigan everybody.
Speaker 6: I have one.
Speaker 5: Specifically Coco, and she loves you, like loves you. And it was her birthday and I was like, Cramer, will you just face time. You're like for sure, like you don't, you don't care, you don't care what you're wearing.
Speaker 6: It's like the funnest thing to me.
Speaker 4: I think I've ever done that to you, and it made her day. I've never thought about that. I mean, she's like, yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Eventually there'll be no one asking.
Speaker 5: So that's like Preston, I'm like, yeah, let me hook you guys, like of course you should come meet him and hug his neck and yeah.
Speaker 2: You're so sorry that I love it.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks guys, but yeah, I just I just wanted to first apologize to Sydney.
Speaker 2: But again, I think I knew she loved it.
Speaker 5: I think we could frame it differently in the future. I would like to just talk off air about that.
Speaker 2: For Sid, I unfortunately love him more after that interview.
Speaker 3: So right, I cannot confirm nor deny, okay relationships. I meant to ask him that because it's not my sure business. I just don't know if he was like publicly single or what his deal was. I should have asked him, said, I should have asked him. I should have been a better wing woman for you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, any of the.
Speaker 6: Questions, No, I don't think so anything else.
Speaker 4: Sunday, it's the big day.
Speaker 2: Is Sunday?
Speaker 4: Is the big day?
Speaker 6: Lion Girl turns one on Sunday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sweet thing. Oh and we've got wind Down shows this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be great. So excited wind Down in the Wild Nashville, Detroit.
Speaker 2: And Chicago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm excited. Yeah, I'm excited to watch.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 3: I hope you guys, it's hard to say it, enjoy the movie, you know. I hope it helps the person that needs to see it is what I'll say regarding that, and if you do need help one eight hundred and seventy nine nine, safe is a place to call.
Speaker 5: I'd also encourage that if you feel like something is off, it most likely is, and that might be a good starting point for women in this situation. I watched a lot of storylines unfold my whole life, and I think if you follow your gut and you feel like something is off, I would say that someone that feels safe doesn't often feel that way. So if you feel something, that would be my first intuition. Your gut is your best discernment, and I would say.
Speaker 3: You can take the power back in a situation that's something that I didn't know about for a while, even if it's in the past.
Speaker 2: And oh yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Scene that I was able to do that in I actually called Morgan when I read this script. One of the scenes brought me crying. It was the courtroom scene where she gets to confront Rodney and she gets to have a speech. I never got that opportunity in court. I sat on the stand, I saw him, I looked him in the eyes, but I wasn't allowed to say anything besides the cross you know, the DA was cross examining, cross examining, but I never got to have like a a word with him, like you know, a goodbye almost in a way. And so with a scene, I was like, oh, man, I don't know what's going to come up for me here. And so I called Morgan. I said, you know, I want to play this, and you know, I asked her certain things like how she felt in this scene or in that scene, because it's very similar and her speech that she said is pretty similar to what is written in the script, and so you know, I tried to also honor her story as much as I could as well. And so when I called her, I said, hey, I just need to ask about that courtroom scene. You know what, what was kind of going through your head from your point of view, and you know, how were you when you were saying the speech.
Speaker 2: Were you crying?
Speaker 7: Were you?
Speaker 3: And she was like I was just stone cold, super you know, strong, and you know, didn't flinch, looked him straight in the eye and then it never looked at him again. And so I told the director this and I'm like, all right, so this is how Morgan played it, and She's like kind of what Austin said is. She goes, this is also a story. So she's like, tell the story. How you would tell the story? What would you say to your abuser on the stand? And so it was one take because there was no way I could do that again. So I asked her. I asked the director, I go, do you mind if we do my close up first? And she's like absolutely, I go, I think I'm going to play it how. I'll give you obviously as money takes, as you want. I was like, but I'm going to play it in my brain how I would have said it to my abuser on the stand. And it was I mean, they kept in every emotion, every piece, and it was probably I walked away and I and I remembered what my therapist and where she said you got to take the power back that day m H. And I got to like bury it. Wow, and it was like what a therapeutic it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So also to the people watching, like you can still even and you can still have that moment, have that moment to yourself if you have to say it to yourself in the mirror or you take the power back from that situation, because that was the most it was, like I was telling Amy. I was like, it was like a weight was lifted and I was able to just really move on from it after how many years?
Speaker 1: But it's crazy, you probably didn't. Did you even realize you really needed that no measure like that?
Speaker 2: Nope, that's so crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I'm so happy for you though, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Sunday Night eight seven, Central Gaslipay, my Husband, The Morgan Metzer Story, and again nine nine Safe See you guys next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I