Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour in.
Speaker 2: This Wednesday Dan and The Dant's Dan Patrick Show. Dylan part of the Gambling Podcast, also our resident chef for Meet Friday. He went to the Mets game last night. A couple of the brgs went and he was taking on the nine nine to nine challenge nine beers, nine hot dogs, nine innings. He lived to tell about it. He'll join us coming up. US Open will be on NBCUSA and Peacocks starting tomorrow at Oakmont Country Club. Pole question for the final hour, the program is going to be what Seaton. By the way, if you're watching on Peacock, thank you, that's our streaming partner, or listening on our radio affiliates around the country.
Speaker 3: We got two going right now. But which front office has the worst reputation in the NFL? A lot of b teams turns out Bears, Bengals, Browns, and the Jets. Right now, the Browns have about forty two percent of that vote. It's really a way tie between for second place between the Bengals and the Jets. Bears are living off their recent goodwill.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: Let's see we have another one up there too, building the excitement, building the silence. Does that, Pati the commissioner, you'd most like to have beers with Roder Goodell, Rob Manfred or Adam Silver? Rob Manfred is winning that one with a tie between Roger Goodell and Adam SILVERA. Well, I'm going to guess that I could have beers with Rob Manfred and Adam Silver, not Roger Goodell.
Speaker 2: He just called and said, no, you can't have beers with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what time?
Speaker 5: The commissioner politely declined the thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Manfred, sounds like I've known Adam Silver for forty years, so I would that would be a comfortable conversation. Rob Manfred, you see something to say when he comes on the program. All I want is I want stories. That's if you can tell me stories, then great. But I don't want you being the commissioner when you sit down, because then that's not any fun. I mean, that's part of the challenge that I have when I have him on. I don't want you to be a commissioner. I want you to tell me be a fan or you know, be a regular person the best you can yeh, unless it's the commissioner.
Speaker 3: Just after like signing off for the day, undoes the tie, pours himself a whiskey.
Speaker 6: And he's like, man, commission tell me about your day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll take that guy, that commissioner. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See David Stern, I could get that with because he would well, you know, he was careful in what he talked about, but he was opinionated, animated, and but we didn't actually have a cocktail, sitting down having a cocktail.
Speaker 4: It would have been fun. Though.
Speaker 2: Let me see, so you got basketball tonight, you got the thunder favor by five. Well, this is one of those must win for the series to be entertaining for the Pacers, because if you lose and your underdogs now all of a sudden two to one, and it would feel like any of that momentum that you had from game one is long gone. That's why if you said to Pacer fans you can win game one or game two, you would have taken game two because then you get a little bit of momentum going into Game three.
Speaker 7: Here, yes, Mark, yeah, this might feel like the two thousand and one NBA Finals where Iverson had a big game. Oh, they won game one and the Lakers are like, enough of you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dusted them off. And in case you're wondering over under for Tyrese Halibert, it feels like it's the same point total every single game for him, over under a seventeen and a half. It just feels like that's his number. Shay gilgis Alexander the third thirty three and a half feels like it's thirty four thirty two, thirty three and a half for him. But they are favored to win tonight by five. Dylan will stop in see if we can bring Dylan in. Maybe we cart him in, might need a wheelchair to roll.
Speaker 4: Him in after last night, Yes.
Speaker 8: Pom, he's moving slower than normal.
Speaker 2: And he moves slow there he is. So Dylan's gonna sit next to Marvin and share the microphone. If you're watching on Peacock, it's Dylan looking u. It looks like you could use a nap.
Speaker 9: That's first order of business this afternoon. I haven't napped yet today though.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh you didn't nap during the show. Oh good, okay, not today, all right? So the game plan and we're not encouraging people to do this. You saw this where somebody went nine nine to nine and you go, I think I could do that. And then you went to the Mets game last night?
Speaker 9: Yep, went to the game. I was hesitant, but I was talked into it by some of my coworkers. And the rain let up is actually a lovely evening. And then I just pounded nine hot dogs and nine well more than nine beer. How many beers? I think about double it's about eighteen, well and some not all beers. A couple of mixed drinks.
Speaker 4: You know. Okay, but you weren't driving, No, not driving, I.
Speaker 9: Got I'm actually I'm kind of rocking. Like the maternity clothes today.
Speaker 4: It look like you're in your second trimester.
Speaker 9: I feel like I'm in my second trimester. I actually crunched the numbers the calorie intake. You guys want to do over under.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you had eighteen beer, eighteen drinks, beers, hot dogs, you had white Castle on the way back, a couple of hamburgers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was hoping no one found out, but.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a journalist. I was asking the probing questions, Todd, what do you think the count? The caloric intake of Dylan was last night?
Speaker 5: Thirty one thousand, six hundred and fifteen calories. Jesus Todd, I was gonna guess more than that. Okay, just the hot dogs alone has got to be and the buns got to be a one thousand calories.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to be the smartest guy in here, that graduated second in your class.
Speaker 5: Yeah, memorizing chemistry and physics things doesn't necessarilyquate too How much calories are in hot dogs and beer seating?
Speaker 4: Hmm, I'll go four thousand, Marvin thirty eight hundred, Paul.
Speaker 8: Four thousand, seven hundred calories.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go forty two to five.
Speaker 9: The total was four eight hundred and fifteen, because really just two days.
Speaker 2: Shadow the Day brought to you by Pandi America, the official trading Cards of the Day, Patrick Show.
Speaker 4: Now that you've accomplished this, what's next?
Speaker 9: Well, there is the six sixty sixth first inning challenge. I think we kind of agreed maybe abstain from that. The six beers, six hot dogs, six outs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like that. I would say three three in it for one inning like a half marathon. Yeah, I yeah, I needs you. You know, we only have twelve people that work on this show. I can't afford to lose anybody a critical member of the team. Yeah, you're a member of the team. Yeah, remember you might be in critical condition, that's the critical part.
Speaker 4: Yeah see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know yesterday when he brought it up, I was like, well, why don't you do the nine to nine to nine as a trial run. But clearly he's more than ready for the six sixty six?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Six x' six right? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Six six six, I mean I did I finished early. I was done in the eighth inning.
Speaker 4: And doubled his beer in tape.
Speaker 2: Okay, but six six it's is so six hot dogs, six beers and six innings and six outs out. Yeah see that's that's no. I don't want No, that's choking. I think yes, I think it's three three in uh in six six outs. I could do that, will speed run, Okay, I could do anything. Now, Dan, how do you think koboy Aanshi would do if if he did the hot dog nine ninety nine? Because the beer part, I don't know if the guy can drink.
Speaker 9: I mean he would walk right through the hot dog.
Speaker 4: Yes, but then I think he might struggle with the beers.
Speaker 3: I could definitely get him there, yes, problem, Yes, I'm pretty sure that all of us in the room could do the three three six.
Speaker 4: Three hot dogs, three beers in six ounces. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've seen you drink three beers in about four points yeah, four and a half minutes. Maybe the hot dogs would be the tough part.
Speaker 9: The first five go down, no problem really first yeah, first five or smooth sailor. I think I finished five in two innings respect And then you you really slowed down, yes, Pauline.
Speaker 8: I got a bunch of things here. I'm getting text from people listening to our show, including our buddy Michelle Beadle. She's saying, did he really have fifteen plus drinks and nine hot tags?
Speaker 9: It's not an exaggeration, no, Yeah, Mario can my confidant can attest to.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I cleaned out Mario's fridge and then we went to the game. Had some intransit.
Speaker 2: You had a hot dog yesterday during the shows yesterday, I'd been around you with your your drink intake.
Speaker 9: I can put him down when called upon, yeah, yeah, and when not called upon.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 8: Yeah, paul What was the total cost of the beers in hot dogs yesterday at the Mets game?
Speaker 9: So it was five dollars Tuesdays, which worked out perfectly. So it was ninety bucks for the experience, which would normally be at least double.
Speaker 2: That, and it went ten innings. But you didn't go ten ten ten.
Speaker 9: No, didn't go ten ten ten. The guy, the hot dog vendor who became a good friend of mine actually by like the fourth visit there, he was like, Jesus.
Speaker 4: Dude, you got meat sweats right now.
Speaker 9: They haven't stopped yesterday.
Speaker 4: Meat sweats.
Speaker 9: Wow, you're still like, well under these bright lights there, they're not exactly I'm kind of getting baked.
Speaker 2: WHOA, Yes, that's not a good look, Warrior Dan hashtag warriors warrior.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Paulin.
Speaker 8: Did you guys know that they still had like half priced beer specials at ballpark? I thought that was outlawed years ago or something.
Speaker 2: Well, anything that would be a bargain or benefit for the fan. Yeah, they outlawed that a long time ago.
Speaker 9: It's just funny that like a five dollars hot dog feels like a steal. Now, you know, five dollars beer? Is it still anywhere at this point?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well, we're glad you made it back.
Speaker 9: You know, I was here on time too, Dan, because I actually did wake up like three in the morning for you know, numerous reasons. But I made it here. I think I've done pretty good today all things.
Speaker 4: Conca, I don't know if you did anything today.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 2: You just got here and then you got here on time. And then they said Dylan's in the bathroom. You got here on time to use the bathroom. That was the very first thing. Well, congratulations, I think, thank you. We're so proud of you.
Speaker 9: And we'll have the full video out tomorrow. We documented obviously the whole fanfare, so.
Speaker 4: Check it out.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Beatle and Decker. Sorry to hear what happened at the Serious XM is there being replaced.
Speaker 3: She went out like a boss, though, Well that's Beetle. She went out like a boss. Yes, yes, big fan, yes, big fan. She didn't go out like Ton Thibodeaux. If you remember, like it was similar to the Half Baked scene that movie where the guy is quitting his job at the fast food restaurant and you you're cool after you I'm out. That's almost almost exactly what she did.
Speaker 4: And it was yep, yep, yep. Oh the people have the guts to really do that. Matt in Denver, Hi, Matt, what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 10: Six to two dred pounds. So we have a tradition out here where we do our own nine, nine ninth and we start with nine lifts of scheme and then we do nine poles of golf and then we do nine innings of baseball. And actually for the baseball game this year, it was the game where the Rockies got blown out like twenty to one against Padres, and you guys were talking about it on the show, and the big comment was how well intended the game was and how everybody stayed to the end. And I kind of think that's the reason why bed everybody stayed the end is because, well, good Chuck, the stadium was there for the nine ninety nineties.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I remember trying to do this a long long time ago and at a Reds game where we were trying to do a beer and inning and it was a double header, and I think I got to like the second inning of the second game, and then you kind of realize what am I doing and we're our seats are so bad, so we're up really really high. So you could imagine degree of difficulty of just trying to climb down the steps to go to the bathroom or get another beer. What could go wrong? Let's see Rich in Portland. Hi, Rich, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 11: Dan and Dan?
Speaker 12: AT's good morning guys, first time, long time six', five two hundred AND i know how much you Love Bill walton and last couple of weeks that was the one.
Speaker 4: Year anniversary of his, passing and.
Speaker 12: You know we loved him up here In. Portland i'm not sure if you had seen you haven't heard you guys talk about on the, show but his family's auctioning off his, collection his personal.
Speaker 4: Collection, Yes i've seen, That yes on.
Speaker 12: THERE i was wondering if maybe you were thinking about putting in a bid for any of.
Speaker 4: That, nope.
Speaker 2: NOPE i have some, jerseys some pictures that are, autographed basketball autograph From, bill and that's. Good and you KNOW i spent so much time with him that got a lot of great memories With, bill and he sent me A ucla jersey that he. Autographed the first game you ever played in The pros was Against kareem And, Dayton.
Speaker 4: OHIO i went to the. Game he autographed that picture there and you.
Speaker 2: Know just the fact that he was in my car WHEN i was AT Nba entertainment back in what a the, eighties and he was there as a Guest Greatest GAMES Nba, history and he KNEW i was going Into New York city AND i want to know if he could get a.
Speaker 4: Ride AND i had A.
Speaker 2: Jetta so Imagine bill trying to get in the front seat of A Volkswagen jetta and he was crunched in. There his knees were almost up to his, chin and always kept, saying is you got any? Tunes AND i, SAID i Got Dylan's Greatest, Hits volume, one and then he was singing.
Speaker 4: The, Answer my friend is blowing in the.
Speaker 1: Wind it's a.
Speaker 2: Metaphor we're going through The Lincoln tunnel when it was there. Opening bill is at the top of his. Lungs, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 7: I'm not sucking up because you signed my. Checks but you should reboot the NBA's Greatest. Games.
Speaker 9: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Okay here's another thing that was brought up to me. Yesterday apparently somebody is trying to Revive Sports.
Speaker 4: JEOPARDY i have not been.
Speaker 2: CONTACTED i HOPE i, am but it might be The mothership that is zeroing in On Sports. Jeopardy Steven a And greenee can't do every. SHOW i, mean come, on let me Do Sports. Jeopardy they're Bringing Rich eisen back for his. SHOW i, mean come, on what Is Slava? Medvedenko who Is Slava? Medvedenko can't? Play BUT i was contacted, yesterday BUT i a member of the media asking IF i knew anything about. IT i go, no which isn't a good sign by the, way THAT i don't. Know but MAYBE i could reach out to the folks At sony BECAUSE i think they own it and maybe they're international property. There maybe they, say, hey we'll give it to, you but you got to Take Dan. Pantry it's a package. Deal who Is?
Speaker 6: Rosto And Astaire bitch for one thousand can't?
Speaker 4: Play michael oluw And candy can't. Play, uh let me take a, break talk some.
Speaker 2: Football chris sims is going to join us coming up or we're back after This Dan patrick.
Speaker 1: Show Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio. App SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 13: Live Hey Steve covino And I'm Rich david and, together We're covino And rich On Fox Sports.
Speaker 14: Radio you could catch us weekdays from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four pacific On Fox Sports radio and of course The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 13: App why should you listen To covino And.
Speaker 14: Rich we talk about, everything, life, sports, relationships what's going on in the.
Speaker 13: World we have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop, culture stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to.
Speaker 14: Discuss and the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work.
Speaker 6: TOGETHER i mean that says, something. Right so check us.
Speaker 13: Out we like to get you, involved to take your phone, calls chop it.
Speaker 6: Up as they, Say.
Speaker 14: I'd say the most interactive show On Fox Sports, radio maybe the.
Speaker 6: Most interactive show on.
Speaker 13: Planetar be sure to check Out cavino And rich live On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio app from five to seven Pm, eastern two to Four, Pacific and if you miss any of the live, show just Search covin On rich wherever you get your, podcasts and of course on social media That's covino And.
Speaker 2: Rich which, team which player has the most? Pressure going into this. Season the tiers of pressure and it's not Tea. Rs, todd it's T I e R. A it's tiers of, pressure levels of. Pressure there shit the, Clarification thank You. Todd by the, way we are wondering When Stefan diggs got in front of the, media can you ask the well you can ask the, question will he answer the question about whatever that pink powder was when he was on the yacht With cardi b in two other ladies and here was part of a press conference With Stefan digg's of The.
Speaker 4: PATRIOTS i want to be as candid with you guys as.
Speaker 11: POSSIBLE i kind of like have a thing WHERE i talk about my personal life with PEOPLE i don't know. Personally i'm pretty sure everybody here men and women are great, people but you know What i'm, SAYING i kind of keep my personal like personal. PERSONAL i had a conversation with verb Obviously omico everything that he said he told, me you, know hoping everybody making good, decisions you know What i'm. Saying AND i had a conversation with people in the building as, well so kind of coming to one of those guys back obviously it's a. Conversation you know that's happened in internal H i'm SAYING i can't have too much of a conversation with about.
Speaker 4: It But i've been in this league ten. Years you can format the.
Speaker 11: Question many different, ways you, Know i'm obviously answer it the same.
Speaker 4: Way, okay he was asked what was in the?
Speaker 2: Bag if you can't answer what's in the, bag it's probably not a good. Situation if you can't, answer it's probably because you're being advised by maybe your agent or. LAWYER i wonder if THE nfl cares about.
Speaker 4: This, Yes.
Speaker 5: Todd and when you start by saying you're gonna be candid and open and to not answer anything that has anything to do with what happened on the, boat, yeah.
Speaker 2: Fascinating i'm gonna be candidly open about not talking about my personal.
Speaker 3: Life, yes that's WHY i think this is a All Bill. Belichick you never comment on anything true or, false net, burn because then then you have a way of people.
Speaker 4: Knowing what's real and what is and if you, do, Right so.
Speaker 3: If he comments on that and, says, yeah you, KNOW i shouldn't have had this in the, bag or he said, no it's nothing in the, bag it's fun, dip don't worry about. It but then the next thing that he's supposed to comment, on SO i have no comment on. That so you always have no comment nothing fun? Dip, yeah what's fun?
Speaker 4: Dip and talking about that was a big deal back in the.
Speaker 2: Day, Okay WELL i wasn't sitting in my. ROOM i MEAN i was out with the.
Speaker 5: Ladies so it was like cherry and orange of different colored sugar and then you can even eat the, uh the spoon that you scoop up sugar with it was. Edible this was a big deal fund.
Speaker 4: Dip you seem offended, THAT i don't, know fun. Dip that was one of those very popular candies growing.
Speaker 5: Up was just full of sugar of different flavors and then the edible, spoon the edible stick.
Speaker 6: That it came.
Speaker 4: Up fun, Dip, yes marton.
Speaker 7: Fritzy now you know how we feel when you can't cut scissors with? Scissors, yeah that's.
Speaker 4: Or you don't know how to use a.
Speaker 2: Broom i'm working on that because While i'm pushing a, broom you're doing fun dip in your. Room Chris Simms Pro Football Talk, live co Host Football night In america and His unbuttoned, podcast former legendary quarterback just Asking Chris sims join.
Speaker 15: Program, wow you don't ask me Because i'm not going to Say i'm a legendary. QUARTERBACK i don't know Who you're getting me? Confused then maybe a legendary. Mouth all, right MAYBE i got, that but not a legendary.
Speaker 2: Quarterback, okay speaking of legendary, quarterbacks help me understand these ratings rankings that you. Have do you Have Patrick mahomes as the fourth best quarterback going into this season.
Speaker 6: As of right? NOW i? Do, YEAH i mean it's it's not.
Speaker 15: Easy first, OFF i think we got to talk about when you talk about the top four quarterbacks in football right, NOW i would argue it's as good as the top four as we've ever had in the history of the, game, right all in their, prime all the similar. Age, Right it's hard to find. EVER i know we had Like Lway Marino montana right in the mid. Eighties, okay but who was the? Fourth i'm not sure we want to throw In Jim, kelly, right but he didn't really show up until late. Eighties but, YEAH i hear you that that would probably be. One i'm with you. There, well you Had aikman And Steve young And brett farv in the mid nineties and that, crew that crew, there, right and And i'm probably missing another guy that could cross over to That, Moon Warren, moon exactly.
Speaker 6: Right great call by.
Speaker 15: You you, know you get to the two thousands and you go we Had Brady, Breeze brett farb Right, Manning holy, crap that was a good. Four this is a special. Four, Right so this is it's nitpicky, here but, yeah.
Speaker 2: Get me, here for give ME a number one quarterback in football going into the season Is Lamar.
Speaker 6: Jackson Lamar jackson number.
Speaker 15: ONE i think when you look at it from game by game basis, consistency playing at an extremely high. Level Lamar jackson's done that better than everybody in, football probably over the last two, years but especially last. Year and, LISTEN i went into this THINKING i was probably gonna Have Josh allen number.
Speaker 6: ONE i really thought.
Speaker 15: That but AS i started to watch film and break it down and go through, IT i just, WENT i, mean every, Game Lamar, jackson it's great play from the, pocket it's great, decisions it's versatile throws all over the field when nothing's, there something good still, happens, Right so that's Where Lamar jackson to me is separated.
Speaker 6: Himself but it was. HARD i, Mean Joe burrow could have won THE.
Speaker 15: Mvp Josh allen did win THE, mvp AND i voted for, him just so you know, that.
Speaker 6: Right and then mahomes who's.
Speaker 15: Maybe the greatest Quarterback i've ever seen in my, life are certainly in that.
Speaker 6: Conversation, okay he's mastered.
Speaker 15: WINNING i understand, that but winning is also not just a quarterback. Thing we've got a little too carried away with just giving the quarterback winning all the.
Speaker 6: TIME i don't love.
Speaker 15: That now he's mastered, that and he says clutch as can, be, Certainly BUT i think if you sat and watched film with, me especially last year and even the year, before and we went game by game and we looked at, it you'd, go, Yeah Lamar jackson's playing the position a little bit better right. Now but it is tough Because mahomes two knows his. Team he knows oh third, Down, Okay oh, WAIT i could fit it in. There oh, No i'll just throw it in the dirt. Incomplete my defense is. Awesome it'll keep us in the. GAME i don't think Like Josh allen And Joe burrow had that, luxury they don't have the luxury to do. That it's, like oh, no if you don't complete, that the other team's gonna get the ball and go down and score on you guys right. Now so you got to make it. Happen and so that's where it was really tough with the top, Four dan And. DAN i still can't BELIEVE i Got mahomes number four. Either i'm shocked by.
Speaker 2: It Chris Sim's Pro Football Talk live co host With Mike, fluriel precedes this Show monday Through. Friday we have tiers of, pressure so levels of pressure and level. One we Had ravens on, there had The bills on. There anybody, else any other team or player that you would like to put on that. List are The lions on that tier one level one? PRESSURE i don't know If i'm gonna put it. There their expectations are, high BUT i think it's a little different than maybe some of the ones you just talked. ABOUT i Think Miami dolphins have some. PRESSURE i.
Speaker 15: Do you know there's a lot of talk about they can never win tough physical.
Speaker 6: Games are they gritty? Enough all of that, right.
Speaker 4: The coaches under. Pressure the coach is under.
Speaker 6: PRESSURE i feel like two is under.
Speaker 4: Pressure but he's still got that. Contract he's got that.
Speaker 15: Contract NO i, know but at some point you got to, start you got to start putting it. Up BUT i think that would be just another TEAM i would throw in that. Conversation, STEELERS i think probably getting that conversation, now especially With Aaron rodgers because the, coach the. Quarterback they haven't won a playoff, game and who knows how Long i'd throw them in there with. It Dak prescott would probably be the GUY i would put in and, SAY i don't think there's more pressure than anybody in football Than Dak. Prescott in my, opinion you're the highest paid quarterback in the. LEAGUE i don't think you're one of the top ten quarterbacks in. FOOTBALL i don't think a lot of people would think you're a top ten quarterback in.
Speaker 9: Football.
Speaker 15: Right they haven't had playoff results there or anything as. Well SO i look At Dak prescott to be one of the GUYS i would say is under maybe the most pressure out of anybody in.
Speaker 2: Football, wow if it's the over under seven and a half, wins there's no expectations on.
Speaker 15: THEM i get, it but just WHAT i don't understand is, like sometimes sometimes quarterbacks get expectations about who you are and what you are and you got to carry the. Team and here we, go the highest paid, guy and we're just, like, ah we don't expect anything from. You and that doesn't make, sense not to me at. Least AND i do think the team is a little more talented than the public is giving it credit.
Speaker 6: FOR i.
Speaker 15: DO i look at them AND i think they're one of those teams that could be a surprise playoff. Team there's not a whole lot of weakness with their, roster but, again the play has not been. Stellar the results have not been. Stellar the most stellar thing the last few years has been the amount of zeros on his, contract AND i think some you got to start justifying some of that, Too Trevor. Lawrence i'd throw in that book there.
Speaker 2: Too, Dan, YEAH i was going to put him second. LEVEL i would Put Jordan love in there at second level. PRESSURE i PUT jj McCarthy in, there like there's pressure because this is a team that was. Great your quarterback has gone and they passed On Aaron. Rodgers you got the best receiver in. Football you got a, great great head, coach so we want to. See we want to see WHAT jj McCarthy's all, about right.
Speaker 6: RIGHT i think so. Too i'm with, you there, too a ton of pressure on.
Speaker 15: HIM i think that's why they forwarded With Aaron rodgers a little bit early in the offseason because of all the things you're talking. About they're looking at it GOING i think we're kind of in the Super bowl. Window AND i, go, YEAH i. Agree the team, itself when you take the other fifty two, guys you, go oh. Damn The vikings are good and they made themselves better this. Offseason but the quarterback is the question, mark, right and we'll. SEE i think they like. Him he FITS i think what they and how they want to play. There he has played pro style of football, right playing In michigan where It's Jim harbaugh and you might go five eight throw eight plays in a row where you don't throw the, ball and then all of a sudden it's, like, hey you got to make a big throw for. Us we didn't get in, rhythm but now to throw a bullseye twenty five yards down the. Field he did that. Consistently But i'm with. You there is a lot of pressure on. Him what are The steelers getting on the field With Aaron.
Speaker 6: Rodgers they're getting.
Speaker 15: Something better THAN i THOUGHT i was going to, see getting back to my quarterback rankings and a little bit of The. Rogers he was one of my pleasant surprises WHEN i went back and WATCHED i think the second half of the, year when he finally accepted who he was and what he was capable. OF i, thought more times than, not the games are pretty damn. GOOD i think once he realized he can't move, around he's not gonna be able to make magic happen. Anymore those days are. Done you're confined to the, pocket right and within. That stayed in the pocket last year and was aggressive throwing the ball down the field late in the. Year that to me was the encouraging thing because that's been my number one knock on him the last three or four. Years not aggressive, enough not playing to, win playing more than not to, lose instead of going to get the game and winning it and taking it by the. Reins The steelers offense has not been good for the last few. Years they've been hampered by quarterback, play where, yeah defenses they kind of know what to expect from their. Offense it's not. Creative they've had quarterbacks that don't know how to use the whole field with how they throw the. FOOTBALL i Think Aaron rodgers is gonna bring that to the. TABLE i think their own lines in a good. SPOT i think The steelers are breaking molds a little, bit BRINGING dk metcalf in paying him what they. Had that's not a usual type of business type of thing from. THEM i think they realize that the good teams in football are aggressive right now and they got to do. That they put himself in a little bit of a bad spot the quarterback situation With rogers and basically being desperate for. Him but he's gonna make them at least capable of winning a playoff game if they can get.
Speaker 4: THERE i Think.
Speaker 2: Joe burrow's going to shoulder a little extra pressure because he went out on a. Limb he went to, management he, SAID i got to have these guys. Now he didn't Get Trey hendricks and at least not. Yet but you, know The bengals reputation kind of precedes. Them, yeah you gotta have some defense here because you're not gonna win that many shootouts in THE.
Speaker 6: Nfl, No, no it's tough to do.
Speaker 15: That. Now he's special enough to WHERE i think you'd probably be with. Me AND i know you know people THAT i do football at Night, America Jason, Garrett devin. MCCORDY i, mean at the end of the year last, year we were all, like oh my, gosh that The bengals get in the, playoffs they might go to the Super. Bowl with how he played and did all. THAT i Love Joe burrow that he keeps the pressure on the. Organization he has. To he's got to. Continue The bengals just can't get get out of their own. WAY i, mean they messed up last offseason and here they are trying to mess it all up once.
Speaker 6: Again and it's just it's.
Speaker 15: Incredible they're in a window with the best player they've.
Speaker 6: Had in the franchise.
Speaker 15: History Joe burrow is by far the biggest thing that's ever happened to The Cincinnati. Bengals and that's not taking anything away From Awesome Boomera sizin and everybody else that's been. There But, burrow as you, know is a. Superstar he's an international. Superstar he's one of the best quarterbacks in. Football that's not even. Close AND i love the comments he made About Trey. HENDERSON i hope he continues to say things like, that them doing what they're doing With Trey, hendrickson what they're doing with their first round Pick Shamar, stewart who's a, raw freak of nature athlete who would benefit from learning From Trey hendrickson and getting his game because they're gonna need.
Speaker 6: Him to play right.
Speaker 15: Away they're hurting both players right now by screwing up The Shamar stewart contract situation and not having him out there and The Trey hendrickson.
Speaker 6: ONE i just don't understand.
Speaker 2: It you're alma, Mater texas of course has Arch manning, there And i'm wondering The saints right Now DraftKings has them the team with the second fewest wins this upcoming. Season, yeah let's say they have the worst record in. Football they're on the, clock And Arch manning that's his hometown.
Speaker 4: Team and.
Speaker 2: Do you think that would be enough for him to leave when it felt like he was gonna probably be there for two years At.
Speaker 6: TEXAS i don't. Know they're a smart. Family they're not gonna chase pipe.
Speaker 15: Dreams we know that even though would be really cool to, say Man Archie manning's playing quarterback for the same team as you, know the Other Archie manning played for is his. Grandfather that would be. Amazing BUT i ALSO i think they're into their, education The manning.
Speaker 6: Family they're into making.
Speaker 15: Sure we get enough reps at the college level to make sure when we get to THE nfl we're ready to. Go SO i don't think they'll be rushed by any type of. Scenario Right if they feel like arch is really ready and he's polished and ready to, go Then i'm sure they'll send him out in the.
Speaker 6: Draft but if they're, like, oh, hey you only get to go to college.
Speaker 15: Once there's a few things you need to work on, here you want to win a national, CHAMPIONSHIP i CERTAINLY i expect them to be there two. YEARS i, do And i'm expecting big things from, him you. Know BUT i do love, him AND i think, he's in that conversation of what you're talking, about one of the top quarterbacks in football this, year along with That nussmeyer kid AT. LSU i look at him and, go, MAN i think he's got some talent as. Well be interesting to see how it all shakes. Out in two, years Will Arch manning be the first quarterback? TAKEN i would say. SO i would say, So, yes that's WHERE i WOULD i expect him to stay this, year get the. Experience texas dominates college, football, right and hopefully he comes back and we dominate football one more. Time on top of, that and we just remind everybody who The longhorns.
Speaker 2: Are where are you in the old time list for touchdown passes At?
Speaker 4: Texas, MAN.
Speaker 6: I want to Say i'm top. FIVE i.
Speaker 15: Don't Quinn YOURS i think just pass me up in some ways or.
Speaker 4: Whatever Major Apple white number one on that.
Speaker 15: LIST i don't know if he's number, one BUT i think he's a little above me as far as touchdowns are.
Speaker 8: Concerned, yes Paulick, So number five Is Chris sims with fifty. Eight number four Is Major apple whit with, Sixty Quinn yours sixty. Eight in the third, Spot Sam erlinger ninety four touchdown Pas oh, yeah all those.
Speaker 15: RIGHTS i think if you took my rushing, TOUCHDOWNS i probably pass Up Major Apple.
Speaker 6: WHITE U col McCoy won.
Speaker 4: Twelve oh, yeah that's, Right coult. McCoy, well what Did Vince young?
Speaker 15: Have what did he HAVE i mean forty one Hundred. DAMN i felt like he had one hundred touchdowns just in that one.
Speaker 4: Season AGAINST usc exactly.
Speaker 15: Right but, yeah it's it's, uh it's one of The, hey, Listen i'm proud of my time At. Texas we didn't win a national, championship but we had a good, run and that was a damn good team we were. On and then you got paid and you showed up in a limo the first. Day, yeah and you're a, jerk and that's not exactly how it went.
Speaker 4: Down you show up in a, Limo, NO i did.
Speaker 6: NOT i showed up in a bus that Said limo. Bus, okay but it was a bus.
Speaker 4: All, Right so was it a party? Bus it.
Speaker 15: Was it Was it's like we had to rent something from the hotel and it was like one of those party buses that said The limo bus on the, side and just the older guys on the team just took that and ran with. It AND i can never fight it off for as long AS i.
Speaker 6: Live in a.
Speaker 4: Stripper pole in the party. Bus it wasn't. There it wasn't.
Speaker 15: There i've seen a few of those poles in my, day but it wasn't in that, bus all?
Speaker 2: Right thank You chris, always and That's Chris. Sims Pro Football Talk live co Host Football night In. America also Is Unbuttoned. Podcast we'll take a break last call for phone calls what we learned once in store Tomorrow after, this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Wapp THE Us open, odds according To, DraftKings Scotty scheffler is a big, favorite followed By Bryson deshambo and then distant third McElroy And rom and then after That Sanders, Schoffley Colin. Morrikawa they really think this is a one man race With Scotty, scheffler Maybe bryson De. Shamba but the golf course will be the star when you tune in to watch. This it'll be very. Challenging As Bryson Randall shamblee was talking, about your winning score could be double digits over par.
Speaker 4: Over park and you got to hit it.
Speaker 2: Straight that's the thing that you really get penalized if you hit it in the. Rough that's why it's called. Rough stat of The day has been brought to you By Panini, america the official trading cards Of The Dan Patrick. Show Mike breen will be on the call for The mothership, Tonight game three In. INDIANA breeni will join us on the program. Tomorrow All, right anybody Have indiana winning? Tonight paul Does seating, Almost, marvin No, seaton, No Todd. NO i won't say The. Pacers, yeah BUT i think it's more. Wishful it's, LIKE i hope that they.
Speaker 4: Win, Yes tom that would be The.
Speaker 5: Yes, sirs Which i'm still trying to figure out what that shirt is all.
Speaker 4: About maybe you can help me. Out and The pacers and the yes the shirts they're.
Speaker 5: All wearing the fans yellow shirts that say yes?
Speaker 9: Sirs?
Speaker 4: Yeah what do you make of?
Speaker 2: THAT i didn't know what it was WHEN i saw, IT a big rally and. CRY i, guess so.
Speaker 6: Call them the Yes.
Speaker 7: Sirs let's, go yes. Sirs, Yes, morman The pacers got to watch her For casey And. Wallace i'm just thinking about a random thunder player that's just going to go off if they don't do something about their. Defense.
Speaker 4: Yah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sja over under thirty three and a half points and thunder favored by.
Speaker 4: Five how about this day in sports?
Speaker 8: History paul is trying to figure out the Yes sirs thing to.
Speaker 4: Get to the bottom of.
Speaker 8: That, THIS i think might be nineteen thirty eight the most unbreakable record in. Sports nineteen Thirty Johnny vandermere of The reds through two consecutive no, hitters two, starts two. Hundreds that's not. HAPPENING i, mean the odds of a guy even getting to the eighth or ninth. Inning they don't let. Him let's See Nolan ryan in nineteen ninety became the oldest player to throw a no. Hitter it was the sixth of his, career and he had one more in his. Pocket AND Fifa World cup opened up In South africa in twenty ten first.
Speaker 2: Time nineteen ninety, seven the food poisoning, game the stomach. Virus Michael, jordan perhaps you've heard of, him scores thirty. Eight The bulls beat The jazz ninety to eighty Eight game FIVE Nba. FINALS i remember being there Watching michael come in and he was. Gray his face was, gray SO i knew he was. Sick wasn't quite sure until a couple of years ago WHEN i was In Park, City.
Speaker 4: Utah AND i go into this, bar what is, It High?
Speaker 2: West, Yeah High, west, okay and a couple of guys behind the bar they're, like oh my, GOD i gotta go get such and such AND i go.
Speaker 4: Okay so brings this guy.
Speaker 2: In he, goes, yeah you guys keep talking about that stomach bug that he. Had he didn't add that it was from drinking because we worked THEY i guess they were staying In Park.
Speaker 4: City the bulls.
Speaker 2: Were michael was there and his friends and they were having a, party and these guys were working the, party and they were saying that had nothing to do with the. Flu they go, okay and then all of a sudden it came. Out, then you, know the last dance tells us it's food. Poisoning how come nobody corrected this all these years except for the last. Dance you, KNOW i had food, Poisoning, Okay so then we had to track down the guy who delivered the. Pizza AND i MEAN i would have just kept it with the stomach. Flu that's all wh food poisoning to THIS, Hm, Yes, todd.
Speaker 16: It's just that much more. Dramatic the whole, city of the whole. State they're all out to get. Me they try to poison. Me there was just it's just so much more drama than JUST i was sick that. Day they tried to kill. Me they tried to knock me out of the.
Speaker 2: Game they couldn't kill. Me they couldn't knock me out of the. Game the origin Of. Yesers it's a slogan officially launched by The piecers ahead of.
Speaker 4: The twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Season instead of yes, sir they were the yes. Sirs that's their marketing. Campaign, okay so instead of Y E s S I r they did Y e S C E r S yes.
Speaker 4: Sirs, also where's the shirts are?
Speaker 5: Free i'm sure they're have them sitting on the chair there when the fans go to their, Seats yes?
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 2: Uh, Okay So Mike brain will be on the show. Tomorrow it's going around the. Room what we learned on the, Program todd would you learn?
Speaker 5: TODAY Nba Commissioner Adam silver admittedly a bit, jealous then no one looks at The packers And steelers as small market.
Speaker 3: Teams see, No'connor you are crowdfunding a star on The Hollywood walk Of fame for, Yourself.
Speaker 2: Apparently, APPARENTLY i am people ready to. DONATE i think it's like eighty five thousand.
Speaker 4: Dollars. Yep, marvin would you learn Sports jeopardy might be coming? Back? No, paul would you learn.
Speaker 8: Nine, beers nine hot dogs plus a few more?
Speaker 4: Drinks? Todd what DID i? Learn Adam silver still has business.
Speaker 6: Cards he gets them to young people they don't know what to do with.
Speaker 2: Them Rapid radio's official walkie talkie of THE dp. Show they work on a NATIONWIDE lte. NETWORK nos subscriptions visit rapid radios dot. Com up to sixty percent of free. Shipping have a great, day. Everybody we look forward to talking to you.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow