Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Happy Honika, Happy belated Christmas. I hope you had a great one again. All we want for Christmas is a Darth Vader helmet. All we want for Christmas is for you to follow our podcast search Covino and Rich Revue stream do it. I have a bonus podcast called over Promised. In fact, Rich, we're gonna highlight over Promised, our bonus pot on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page with a conversation titled the Wildest Sports Stories.
Speaker 3: Of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to that plus old school and fifty hits and what did Lebron say about the NFL yesterday? We got that coming up. But back to your phone calls at eight seven, seven ninety nine one Fox. I'm Steve Cavino live in Jersey. That's Rich neg Mark and Spotty back on the West Side.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at the AFC playoff picture and I want to just break it down. Let me get my cardboard and do some breakdancing. Let me break this down real quick, right quick, don't get to the phone calls. A lot of people want to talk about the NBA and Lebron. I see NBA phone calls on hold. I said that it's a three headed monster and it's gonna be a fourth teen that makes it to the divisional round. That it's gonna be like a really nice moment for the organization, Like, good for you, you made it to the second rounds of the playoffs. But let's not be fooled here. Kansas City Chiefs are the one seed they play in that divisional round. Automatically, as you know, as Andy Reid dressed up as Santa Claus and Mahomes and Kelsey made the world hate and love them all at the same time.
Speaker 3: I hate them.
Speaker 5: Speaking of my Darth Vader helmet. Are they turning to the dark side a little bit?
Speaker 2: Because again, when I'm on the plane, I'm just reading feedback a lot of people hating on there subtle arrogance.
Speaker 5: After the game, Danny, there was a sense of I hate them, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 6: Patrick Mahomes said he was watching his diet and he didn't want to eat the football cake.
Speaker 3: We're like, bro, you're famous for your dad bod.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm trying to cut back on the calories. Yeah, so I'm gonna laugh the cake right now. But we pretty much dominated the whole game, and I got a cool jacking on right now.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 5: You see you see RG three in the postgame, Bury's facing that cake. He was like, Oh, I'm like, damn, it's not the first time he's buried his face and some cake. You're probably right. So your thoughts on Netflix, your thoughts on the NFL. But let me just finalize the AFC playoff. Pitcher thought Kansas City and the Super Confident and they should be Kansas City Chiefs. At fifteen to one, they get to buy. After that, we talked about it's all about Buffalo and Baltimore and those two teams that have elite talent, Lamar Josh Allen, two of your MVP candidates. It really doesn't get better than what the AFC is bringing right now with those top three teams Kansas City, Buffalo and Baltimore.
Speaker 3: After that, the four seed.
Speaker 2: By the way, Lamar Jackson wasn't eating any cake either. I don't know if you saw that, to be fair, Yeah, he turned it down. They just said, hey, prove that it's cake, and he opened up the football and it was cake, but he didn't have any.
Speaker 5: Wow, A cool cross promotion for Netflix in your cake. I'm just saying, what do you think, guy from Stranger Things? How about you, squid game writer? So you got the four seed as the Houston Texans we saw yesterday. As much as you like to root for CJ. Stroud and that team really did turn around their organization faster than you thought postseason for a second year in a row. They can't compete at that level. And I'm not saying anything we don't already know. When you put the Houston Texans up against the three elite, they're gonna fall flat.
Speaker 3: Then the five seed Pittsburgh, you saw what happened yesterday.
Speaker 5: A couple of balls could have bounced their way in the first half, and Mike tom would have been pointed it out. If you want to be the team like Kansas City, they can't fumble and have the ball bounce right back into their hands.
Speaker 3: You can't drop two interceptions. You can't. You can't do those type of things and expect to compete.
Speaker 5: And then you say, well, the two wild cards after that likely going to be the Chargers and the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 3: To AFC West teams.
Speaker 5: The only way I see any team making any like whoa making some noise might be if the Cincinnati Bengals slip into the playoffs, because I don't know if you're aware of how the Bengals somehow, some way could have a shot because they played the Broncos this coming week, they win that game, they end against the Steelers. If Joe Burrow and the Bengals slipping at nine to eight and they're clicking offensively, that could be a team like oh Man, maybe Cincinnati gets hot at the right time and that was a playoff expected team. But to me, it really is the dominant three headed monster of the AFC, mahomes Lamar Josh Allen.
Speaker 6: Bengals have a twenty four percent chance right now to make the playoffs. If they got to win out obviously, then they need a lot of help.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the help they need, the Denver help they need, isn't that bad because Denver has to play the Bengal, so Burrow that's a must win obviously, and then the Chiefs go to Denver. So unless you think the Chiefs are going to rest everyone, which they might not, Danny, because they have a bye week, So if they don't play people week eighteen, then you tell me you want Mahomes Kelsey and Hollywood Brown, who's just getting acclimated. Do you think you want to rest them for three full weeks? Then they also need the Colts and the Dolphins to each lose.
Speaker 3: They need help.
Speaker 5: But when you look at the schedule Cincinnati, it's not crazy to think that they slide in. So your thoughts and then let me throwing the NBA now coming out, because I know people want to talk about that Lebron James after what many called one of the better Christmas games ever.
Speaker 3: Dude, it was crazy back and forth in they game, crazy back and forth. Lebron comes out on top and he said this, I love the NFL.
Speaker 4: I love NFL.
Speaker 3: Christmas.
Speaker 8: Our day.
Speaker 3: Is Christmas the NBA's day. And did the NBA actually win it?
Speaker 2: They may have just based on that Lakers Golden State Warriors game and the lopsided scores of the NFL that we already discussed. Lakers win one, fifteen, one thirteen, but that back and forth at the end sort of had you at the edge of your seat. Steph Curry hitting shots. Lakers still win it, But I think what upsets you is the fact that you know the NBA could be that all the time.
Speaker 3: It just isn't right. You know what the NBA is capable of, and it's.
Speaker 5: That take on your anniversary when the your wife does all kinky stuff. You can do this all the time if you want, right, it's a good annealegible. That really is a good anog. I mean like just like that, I mean, spot when the NBA delivers like that, You're like, you can't do this all the time.
Speaker 3: What this a couple of times a year? Wait, that's usually off the table.
Speaker 6: Well, Steph was still chucking up threes with his eyes closed, but he made that one at the end, which was amazing. Lebron and Steph were vintage NBA All Stars, Lebron with thirty one, Steph with thirty two. Almost identical stats for both the guys. Yeah, that's what I was gonna say, Cove that What stood out about this is what we've all been screaming and yelling, drive to the hoop. We want to see more dirty dunks and we want to see players go to the rim. And Austin Reeves took the ball and drove for the final seconds there instead of chucking up a bad shot.
Speaker 2: Got lots of props on that it was nice to see, like Danny G said, and it really did remind you that the NBA is capable of some excitement.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: That was a great game, lot of history there.
Speaker 2: The Lakers come out on top with a like Danny G said, a cool bucket from Reeves, some great shots by Curry.
Speaker 3: You know, if you want to go, what was more exciting?
Speaker 4: Rich?
Speaker 2: The NBA did sort of win in that sense, but overall the season, the NFL wins.
Speaker 3: But what what do you think about? What Lebron had to say is really what we're asking here. Let's let's go to tea in Georgia. You're all a convenient on Rich. What's up?
Speaker 9: MANDNR?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 9: Fellas shout out in an ag shout out spots for the rest of the crew. Listen, I got a couple of things. I wrote them down this time. I'm not gonna get flustered. So about the Buffalo, Buffalo, Kansas City, Baltimore, that's my that's my that's my three. I got Cincinnati. I would love to have Cincinnati come in there in the end, But like y'all said, they need a lot of help. Holliday hat trick. That's one of the best names. I need to keep that for whenever y'all do a little two in a space and then another one. And also for the NBA. I think the reason why the NBA has such a good model is because they're there. They have enough games to where they have these spaced out events where you can tune into those events Christmaday, all Star Playoffs. You know, with the NFL being only seventeen sixteen, you know games, you're moments in tune to being paid attention to every single one of those games and kind of following those games. The NBA has, you know, enough to wear in those moments like Christmas, like yesterday, a slew of great games, and you know that they're capable of those every so often. You just can't pull it out every you know, all eighty two, you feel me. That's why you know MLB is so kind of shaky with one hundred and sixty two games, But they're changed their model, so you know, that's basically it.
Speaker 5: But a great Yeah, take great points, bro, great call, and Rich I gotta give you props too. That was a great bedroom analogy. When it came to the NBA, you are left feeling that way.
Speaker 2: That was a Christmas Classic and real quick my thoughts on what Lebron had to say, it would have brought me the wrong way.
Speaker 5: Hadn't they won and hadn't they delivered in a Christmas Classic in that way?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: But I think there's some truth to what he said right there. I mean, based on that game.
Speaker 5: If you want to make it less smutty, you could say generally in a relationship, when a guy does something romantic, you know a lot of times a wife or girlfriend is thinking, like, see you have it in you, Like you just choose not to be romantic. Like I said, you know, someone gets kinky in the bedroom on your anniversary. A lot of times you would think, like, you know, we could do this on a random Wednesday night. It doesn't need to be only on special vacation occasions or stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Dude, That's the exact feeling I had when I saw the Lakers beat the Warriors in that back and forth. I'm like, the NBA is capable of such so much excitement here, you know, where they can be more exciting than the NFL.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be a conspiracy guy. I guess as much as I love.
Speaker 5: Jesse Ventura, the Denver Airport Area fifty one. I'm not conspiracy ah JFK. I'm not a conspiracy guy. But would it surprise you if you were to say, get win that Adam Silver called up teams and was like, y'all bring it.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 5: I don't think he would need to do that for a Christmas game. I'm just saying, like, I'm not saying like scripted or anything like that. I'm saying, what a chock you of Adam Silver is Like, all right, Christmas Day, guys, and remember commissioner here, you know, but guys, you know a lot at stake here, Chris's day.
Speaker 4: Bring it.
Speaker 3: I think every Danny's right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wouldn't be surprised rich, but I think everybody sort of knew that and felt that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: When you see Starting five on Netflix, Jason Tatum was upset last season because he had to leave his family and they were trying to get to the game and everything. But he said, all the eyes, we know the whole world is watching our game. So he was excited for that reason. And I think that's the mindset of most NBA players.
Speaker 3: Steph.
Speaker 6: You know, he thought that he finished with thirty eight by the way, and Lebron always turned on the last.
Speaker 10: Year.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, and Lebron always knows when you know, he how many households he's visiting. So those guys didn't need.
Speaker 5: Any Santa Claus now yeah, sees you when you're sleeping too. We just got the Santa Beard now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: On Christmas Eve, my kids and I were watching Lebron Tracker. You know, let's take let's take the four five.
Speaker 3: Let's take a call from Andy and Rhodeye hours.
Speaker 5: Andy wanted to talk n B A and earlier in the show, Covino, you're talking about that lost gift from your childhood where you always wanted to like, where did it go?
Speaker 3: What's up? Andy? A?
Speaker 10: B Oh. The way I look at it with the NFL, it was great. I think they learned a lot from to type it in logan Paul fight to really know J Paul, I means sorry.
Speaker 3: About that brum.
Speaker 10: You know, not have any bluffers happening during the live stream pre recording videos out of the question.
Speaker 9: And I just like to sprinkled his in.
Speaker 10: Lebron and Steph Curry, they are the gift that just keeps on giving. Yeah, honestly, what is the NBA going to do when they are not here.
Speaker 2: That is a great question fall off, like like it did when Jordan retired. It's you need your star stars stars now they're stars. But we we talked about this previously on Fox Sports Radio, where some of the stars either don't want to be stars, or there's like a cultural disconnect or like a disinterest in like a Luca or a Yo Kitch or you know, some of these European players don't have that bam, you know, and no one will deny his great he's not the guy that's going to be the face of the NBA that's going to get you tuned in.
Speaker 3: It's just not going to happen.
Speaker 5: Let's say, how to Aaron one last phone call and then uh, we'll move on. What's up, buddy?
Speaker 3: Give me on right, Sharon?
Speaker 4: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Guy?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 11: I was calling in regards to how you guys are talking about the toys and stuff. Yeah, Well, my mom when we were younger, she threw away our comic books number one, two, four. What Yeah, by the way, that's it. That's all.
Speaker 5: That's unbelievably the sad story of so many of our parents generation, right, like how many Taleyball cards.
Speaker 3: But now currently Pokemon cards, which I hear that all the time.
Speaker 5: Mom throwing my Pokemon. But yeah, Aaron, you ain't kidding. There was a I feel like it was our parent generation. If you're roughly forty, your dad was probably collecting Mickey Mantles and Roger Maris's and Jackie Robinson's and your your grandmother threw them out. But you rich, you made such a good point before all the crap they kept, right, Like you decided to keep the pogo stick and the croquet set, but for some reason you had to throw away my baseball cards and my you know whatever was valuable to me.
Speaker 3: But for every like valuable item that ended up becoming more valuable.
Speaker 5: There was like a beanie baby that you didn't need, no, So it was like it was through the way that Princess Diana beanie baby. You didn't know, you know, you know, my ife and I had this dumb thought when we were wrapping presents for the kids the other night, and you look at unopened toys from our childhood and now they're super expensive, Like look an unopened he Man or even at the original iPhone, the iPhone one unopened is like tens of thousands of dollars in auction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ken, Golden problem is it? Is it ever your instinct?
Speaker 5: Is it ever your instinct to be like, should I buy a couple of random things and just not open them?
Speaker 6: Do you know my grandmother in Long Beach, she threw away my grandpa's Playboy collection, but in her garage our old roller skates and skateboards with steel wheels, like metal wheels in her rest.
Speaker 2: She kept those. That's the commonality here. I think that's the greatest point we've made so far.
Speaker 5: Your mom threw away all your sweet Yankees memorabilia, but she kept your She kept your social studies notebook from a grant, dude.
Speaker 3: That's the truth.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Yet she has my trapper keeper upstairs for some reason. And I want to make this point before we move on. We have so much to get to On the Cavino and Rich Show, and for Dan Patrick, Lebron James and what he said, I sort of like that, man. I think that's the kind of attitude you have to have in anything, into everything you do, because if these guys don't care, then why should we care? And I like that fight in that pride that Lebron James expressed in his Lakers in his game, essentially in the NBA. He was defending the NBA there, and that's like you and I defending radio. Like if someone says, yeah, man, you know with streaming and podcast radios.
Speaker 5: Dying you as a radio host, what would you say was like, you're wrong. Audio entertainment all time high, and you start getting defensive.
Speaker 3: And right because you have a pride in that right.
Speaker 5: And I don't have any sort of bad feelings when I hear Lebron take ownership and pride in the NBA there, I sort of want that from the face of the league.
Speaker 2: I think he's doing what he's supposed to be doing. He delivered on the biggest day. I think that's a great sign that he's like, yeah, I love the NFL. And he said it respectfully. Yeah, because who doesn't look it?
Speaker 5: And if you missed hearing Lebron say it, take a listen one more time yesterday after the Lakers game.
Speaker 3: I love the NFL. I love NFL Christmas Our Day. A playful, prideful statement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it garnered some speculation and some eye rolls, but honestly, he did the right thing there. And I think all of us would do that and something that we all take pride, and that's what you want from a leader and from again the face of your organization.
Speaker 5: But the cliff Notes version of the last half hour of conversation Netflix did a fine job Lebron and Steph delivered. Yet you go on social media and there's still hater hater haters, there's still people hating.
Speaker 3: And it to me because what rich day? Ain't playing playing plays?
Speaker 5: It's fascinating that on a day where you're probably opening gifts with your kids, it's a joyful day. You got to see some Randall family members. You were wearing your pajamas all day? Like what why do you Why is your instinct to hate? Just think about that as you move into twenty twenty five? Why lead with that? Stinks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know I like that thought too. We're entering a new year.
Speaker 5: If we have any influence at all, we should all change at the fall and help in assisting other people change.
Speaker 3: You have their default, like, hey, dude, you need a hug? What's going on?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure it'd be all uh, you know, I'm not like Tony Robbins or anything. I'm not trying to be like Gary vayner Chuk. I'm not some motivational speaker, but what I'm saying is it is very instinctual sports music.
Speaker 3: Anything to be like that stinks.
Speaker 5: How about just take a step back and say, you know, Netflix, that was their first go at it with the NFL. Man they put together a decent broadcast team that the broadcast was clear, the graphics were good, the game's sort of stunk. But and by the way, it's probably where the future is heading, right, So what do you do? Be the reluctant guy and then the guy who's not on board, maybe the old guys, and you say, all right, you know what, I'm not the biggest Beyonce fan. I respect a hell out of her, but I'm not like you know, I'm not downloading Queen Bee albums the minute they come out. But you had to acknowledge the fact that she brought out some stars post Malowe was there. It was an extended halftime, and some would argue more entertaining than a lot of NFL halftime shows.
Speaker 3: So you know what, Beyonce, that was probably a big win for the NFL.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's hard to not come across as a hater.
Speaker 5: If you were used to be stunk it was Christmas you had two football games on Get over yourself.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 5: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich Davis and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 5: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 5: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So.
Speaker 3: Check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, shop it up.
Speaker 5: As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, and if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich. We caught up last week with the legend Mike Tyson. We wanted you to hear it, and here's how it went down. Let's welcome with glory and renowned iron Mike Tyson.
Speaker 3: But I'm Mike, do nuts?
Speaker 4: Okay, you're nuts?
Speaker 5: Fine, you're nuts, man, y'all. We're obviously huge fans, and uh, I don't know. The most intriguing man in the world Mike Tyson on the show most Interesting man on the planet. It's a pleasure to be hanging with you. I great to see you again. So Mike, let's get right into it.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: Not many people could break the Internet with their butt cheeks, but you did. How did it make you feel?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 3: Tell us about that moment.
Speaker 8: Hey, television had really changed, but that became a big thing. That's just so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Did you expect that to be even a little story when the fight was over.
Speaker 8: That's I've looked. I've been that way my whole career. My butt be shown on took a picture of it.
Speaker 5: Hey, did you ever think, well, maybe it's just better than ever? Because it seemed like the whole world is taken by it? Hey, man, I guess so the time ever, Mike, as we as we signed on here to see you, you lit up Tyson two point oh. Last time we saw you in Vegas, you handed me a bag of your mic bites. The edibles fantastic.
Speaker 3: I love them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gotta tell you, I see Aaron Rodgers doing ayahuasca. You were smoking toad venom, you got, Tyson two point zero? Tell us what we got to be trying? And what do you recommend for a guy that's open to this?
Speaker 4: Hey, I recommend you try everything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, open your mind though.
Speaker 4: You try everything?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what would you say you've learned from your experiences with toad venom and all your experiences.
Speaker 8: That definitely beautiful and definitely nothing to be afraid of.
Speaker 3: Is that why you're willing to leave it all in the ring?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I think that's just my personality, but that what I love. Well, Mom, all of this medicine was not to be afraid of that.
Speaker 2: You know, that's kind of an interesting statement because a lot of us think about those things right before we're going to sleep, right, some deeper stuff. If you're not afraid of things like that, Mike, from your experiences, what do you think about before you go to bed? What sort of stuff runs to your mind?
Speaker 8: Listen, I don't think about always trying to be the best that could possibly be, the best me that could be before I go to bed.
Speaker 2: Well, you're a great dad. We know that you're a great family man. Congrats on your beautiful family. We saw your family on the Netflix special. We saw your daughter is a great tennis player. We saw you there supporting your daughter. Is there any other sport Mike Tyson could have competed in besides boxing?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I would like to try tennis. Well, do you ever tennis fans over here?
Speaker 3: Are you any good? Have you tried or no?
Speaker 4: So I tried to hit the ball before it? What's so far in the here?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: Imagine Mike in the eighties wearing those little John McEnroe shorts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like me playing baseballscket.
Speaker 2: No, but you're such a disciplined guy, right, and you could be great at anything you put your mind to show that in boxing. Do you think there's another sport you could have been a professional at if you dedicated yourself to that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had no idea about that.
Speaker 3: No, just boxing.
Speaker 4: Well I knew is boxing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mike, I'm a big Mets fan and I there's a classic picture of you in the eighties with Darryl Strawberry and Doc Goodin, and you know, at the height of what they were doing and what you were doing. What athletes now are you intrigued by? Like, who are you following in the boxing world, NBA football? There other athletes you keep your eye on.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm just a guy chilling out.
Speaker 8: I'm not much of it. I don't watch sports much besides tennis.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Most of the most of the guys that played for that I know is the athlete's a friend of mine.
Speaker 4: They don't blame anymore.
Speaker 2: So we got to talk about the fight. Mike Tyson's here on the Cavino and Rich Show. What do you have to say to all the critics who say you held back on punches? There was a lot of viral clips. What do you to say to the critics that brought that up.
Speaker 4: Oh, no, I don't remember the fight that much. I'm kind of blanked out a little bit.
Speaker 3: Did you watch it back or anything, or no, we'll watch the fight.
Speaker 4: No, I had not.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there was a lot of casual fans. First, I want to thank you again for bringing people together. It was like the nineties all over again. We got together with friends, we had a great night. It was highly entertaining. But then of course clips go viral. A lot of casual fans speculating there's a few clips where like you're holding back a right hand punch, in my opinion as a fan, to not be exposed so that you don't get hit.
Speaker 3: Is that what was happening in that clip? Or you don't even know?
Speaker 8: I was, let's know what I remember, No, coming back from the first round and then the next ding.
Speaker 4: I remember Jacob doing some kind of I don't know what was he doing?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, little bow with the doubt last I remember, dude.
Speaker 5: There was a lot of people online that said, that's when you should have hit him when he was bound.
Speaker 3: Down like that, that's why get married.
Speaker 4: I was like, what was he doing?
Speaker 3: So it went that quick for you? Yeah, Mike, I was tie you.
Speaker 8: I was a sweaty I went to the hotel. No, I went to the house that we stayed in and I left the house, name my wife, my kid. Then we went to the after party, then we came back.
Speaker 2: So for us, right, it was two minute rounds and it felt really quick for us. We're like, dang, we wanted more. Is there anything about the fight you would have changed based on the experience.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I listen. I wouldn't have realized any of it if it went three minute round I didn't realize.
Speaker 5: The question you come down to the ring solo. I can only imagine there were people that wanted to come down to the ring with you. Who wanted to come down to the ring, And why did you choose to have no one with you?
Speaker 8: Hey, listen, someone you say, Mike, is your time to come out?
Speaker 4: And I just came out.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 3: I would assume anyone wanted to come back.
Speaker 5: I would assume there was there was Sabriday celebrities, you know, colleagues, you know friends of yours that wanted to be out there, but you did it.
Speaker 3: We were rooting for you. Man pulling for you so hard.
Speaker 2: And I know you often say we're fans Mike, you don't care about ego and legacy, But after something like that, do you think it adds to your legacy?
Speaker 3: How do you think you're viewed after this fight?
Speaker 4: Wow? I thought about that, you know.
Speaker 8: But the day after the fight, right after the day after, I told my wife why.
Speaker 4: Did I do that? I don't know. I don't know what the hell go go?
Speaker 3: And what was her response? Like, what was your family's response to everything?
Speaker 4: It was just supporting me.
Speaker 3: I can only imagine.
Speaker 5: I So, we saw your great relationship with your daughter, like if you don't said on the Netflix special and by the way, Mike, you're.
Speaker 3: Brushing your teeth, wore net or what working on it?
Speaker 5: Well? Okay, okay, I saw the great relationship you had as a dad and daughter. It was it cool for your family to see that the public rallied around you so much All these years later, I feel like everyone I knew was just like, come on, let's go, Mike. You had the world behind you. Is that a cool feeling to know you still had it in your family?
Speaker 3: To see that.
Speaker 4: I'm still happy. I am happy with my family.
Speaker 8: For that, But we don't normally go around and talk about me fighting, and so I say I'm a fight and then they say, you know, Dad's gonna fight.
Speaker 3: Right, So that was like a different side of them of you for your.
Speaker 4: Like a party for the like going out, but normally, yeah, Dad, he's gonna fight.
Speaker 2: It was a party for everybody. Man Rich and I were buddies in Miami rooting you on. Now, there's been a lot of rumors since the fight. Are there any rumors you'd like to clear up or is there any truth to any of the rumors? Is there anything you want to share with the Fox Sports Radio Nation about what's next?
Speaker 4: The real fight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a real fight. What did you think of Jake's power? Man, when you were in there, I don't remember, you don't you didn't even remember it.
Speaker 4: I heard, but my body was really sore.
Speaker 3: It was sore the next day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my body, my chest and my stomach and stuff was really sore.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, you were You were in great shape. You still look great, Mike Mike Tyson on the Coveno on Rich Show. Speaking of rumors, there was a rumor today that one of your buddies that you fought not too long ago. Roy Jones Junior said that he wants to maybe test it out with Jake Paul and test Jake Paul's chin.
Speaker 5: He's fifty five years old. You think that Roy Jones Junior can handle something like that?
Speaker 3: You were just there.
Speaker 8: He's bast enough though. Yeah, if Roy's training, Roy could still do a lot of stuff. He got to be training, though. Do they have to be training now?
Speaker 3: Mike d much as hard he does. I know, he's a big dude man.
Speaker 5: So well, you know years ago you talked about the fighting guts, right, you didn't have the fighting guts years ago to continue going on.
Speaker 3: So what inspired you at fifty eight to do it finally? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, let's fight, Jake. You know we were talking, We're talking about it for years.
Speaker 3: Let's just do it, just for the on of it, for the excitement of it, and to be part of history.
Speaker 5: I mean, and I'm sure Mike the payday sort of helped out a little bit too, right, I mean, it's it was no, oh no, this is.
Speaker 8: That that payday is not going to change my lifestyle at all.
Speaker 5: Well, I see, is that your house right there? You're living in a beautiful place. It looks like you're living large right now watching.
Speaker 4: Them very a foridunate.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank god, a lot of whack boat Mike.
Speaker 5: Of all of all the pop culture moments you brought us, you know, for for guys that are in our age range, the fight you delivered, Mike, Tyson's punch Out, the Hangover?
Speaker 3: What are you most shocked by the people? Remember? Is it the cameo on the Hangover? Is it the video game?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: What do you shock that was as popular as it was with your legacy?
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's gonuld be the ad now, but.
Speaker 5: They know, Mike, you should come out with an edible Tyson's butt cheeks right so that people can eat it.
Speaker 3: Well, I like like that Tyson's cheeks, sweet cheese, Tyson's sweet cheeks. I can see it now. You know Rich will be the first to eat them. Rich probably wants to eat them right now. Rich loves him. You gotta give me like a little small percentage, Mike. It's my idea.
Speaker 2: And you know what, Rich we talked to Mike years ago. He said, here, Mike, you said you never played the video game. You never played Tyson's punch Out. Ever, that's what you told us years ago commercials.
Speaker 8: I wasn't in the games back then, ahead of my time.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if you're into games now. But my next question was what does Mike Tyson do to keep himself happy? Obviously you have a beautiful family. What brings you the most happiness?
Speaker 3: Now? You had a lot of fun at that fight. It was fun for me, is what we.
Speaker 8: Were talking about. That fight was such a bigger sin that we were so up and high. Were the fight a boom? Wow, I'm kind of depressed a little bit. You know, you gotta get back in a situation, back to living where we know because we fight, we're training for it.
Speaker 5: Nine months Mike, I saw on the docu series on Netflix that you were saying, no matter where you go, wherever you go, people want to say hi to Mike Tyson. And you said your wife said that if that wasn't the case, you'd hate it. Do you do you go anywhere where someone doesn't recognize you?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 8: No, Yeah, I think my wife said I probably lose my mind the way they didn't know me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's got to be fun to be by Tyson. Yeah, what is it like, Mike? Do you go grocery shopping on your own. I mean, you're probably the most recognizable guy on the planet.
Speaker 4: I do everything on my own.
Speaker 8: I will run into a store real quick and buy something come out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you immune to people's reaction because everywhere you go, Like I remember this is years ago. I was on West fifty seventh Street in New York City and I saw Muhammad Ali walking down the street. But what I noticed first was everybody standing still just watching him, like, oh my goodness, this is Muhammad Al walking down the street.
Speaker 5: Do you notice people staring at you? And because that's a thrill for anybody wherever you are.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had to go to the police station to lift my probation officer know I would leave in town.
Speaker 4: All the police were looking at me like wow.
Speaker 2: See to feel great, man, that's the legacy that we're talking about. That's important to us because we're such fans, Mike, because of Tyson two point zero. I feel like people that smoke weed or enjoy that culture. As Mike lights up right now, Yeah, people say I want to smoke with Snoop Dogg or Willie Nelson. Is Mike Tyson now on that list? Of celebrities people want to smoke with.
Speaker 3: Do people come up to you.
Speaker 4: I'm not too exciting when I'm smoking, you know.
Speaker 8: Snooping pretty exciting and animated when he's smoking.
Speaker 4: But it's good to be around him.
Speaker 3: Are you just you just chill? You more like a sink into the couch and get all deep.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm just listen.
Speaker 8: I like to listen.
Speaker 3: Who's the coolest guy you smoked with? Your favorite guy you smoked with? Or woman?
Speaker 8: Nobody cooler the snoop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gotta be an experience. Hey, what would have happened? We were at your ranch one time, right and you were smoking out at your ranch. We were just so happy to be there, just taking it all in. But there was a part of us that sort of wanted to join in a little circle just to say we smoked with you. Would that have been overstepping if we jumped in.
Speaker 3: That's what smoke blew hotly blew the opportunity because we want Yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Kind of wanted to. Hey, Mike, we saw you another time in Vegas. You were doing your podcast. Tell us about like that journey that venture. Do you like broadcasting? Do you like doing podcasting?
Speaker 8: This is something that's funny. My wife got me into this stuff. Yeah, I'm not that crazy, but I do love it, love it crazy. I'm very good at it.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was just gonna say that. And your your one man show, Like, are we going to see more of that? Because you you have the post fight blues right now? Right, so what is that next thing you're gonna dive into? Man, otherwise you're gonna get bored.
Speaker 8: Well, we're working on that right now. We do my new shows coming out a nextflick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you aren't.
Speaker 5: You're great at it, man, So even if you don't like it for your fans, I think you gotta do it now. I feel like, Mike, what about because I feel like when I see the podcast you love to have deep conversations. Have you ever thought about just sitting down with other fighters and celebrities and having like deep conversations.
Speaker 3: Is that sort of what what a TV show might be?
Speaker 8: Not necessarily the deep conversation, but it's explaining to somebody that what's your existence?
Speaker 4: Who you are?
Speaker 5: Hey, Mike, you ever sit down with Neil deGrasse Tyson? I feel like the other Tyson? I mean that guy's pretty deep.
Speaker 4: You know that nothing else, isn't they?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tyson and Tyson. That's a good show. Tyson and Tyson. Hey, Mike, I know one of your heroes growing up was Berto Duran, Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, from today's perspective, these one thirty five, one forty guys, do you think any of those dudes have the same fighting guts like of the Devin Haines, Tank Davis's, Ryan Garcia's, Tia Fimo's of that.
Speaker 8: We can overlook those guys. Those guys have a tough guy they're just different errors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you have a favorite of all those young guys? You keep your ear to that a little bit or just heavyweights?
Speaker 8: No, they're all the station too. I think Ryan and Devon should fight again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 4: H That was a good fighting man. That was a good one.
Speaker 5: Do you still make a night of it? Let's say there's a big fight coming up, right, what's it like for you? How do you enjoy the fight? Because you gave us all these opportunities, all these memories you sold us unboxing in the nineties. For me, it was Julio S. Sarchavez. Mike Tyson, you know, you'd get a pay per view, you'd have friends and family over.
Speaker 3: What's that like?
Speaker 2: If there's a good fight and you're interested, how do you party? Do you write people over your house?
Speaker 8: Do you I try to go to the fight if possible, but we're not going to the fight. People just come over the house as I go with the one's house.
Speaker 3: Mike.
Speaker 5: I've seen you at fights where when they put you on the big screen, you get the biggest applause of all. Does that make you feel good? Because it's got to right. They go around the crowd when they go to Mike Tyson, the crowd goes nuts. Is that is that the respect you feel?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: You've earned over the years.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm just very grateful, that's all.
Speaker 8: I'm very I'm becoming familiar with the acting gratitude.
Speaker 2: You know, we were talking about other fights. You got fury Usik coming up at the end of the month, the rematch fury Usik too. Any thoughts on that because I know you have connections with Tyson.
Speaker 3: Fury won that fight.
Speaker 4: He wasn't playing around early in the fight.
Speaker 3: I agree, it wasn't that fight. So do you think he's got the second one?
Speaker 4: I want him to have. I want him to be serious enough, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I know you like him, but how did you get in Ghanu's corner against him? I always thought that was interesting too, because Fury looks up to you so much. Did you feel bad going against him?
Speaker 4: I don't even know how that happened, But I don't know how the hell that happened.
Speaker 5: Well, Mike uh Tyson two point zero Mike Tyson dot com. People could support all the stuff you're doing, any of any other stuff, any other stuff going on right now?
Speaker 3: You got the Netflix thing in the works.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm doing the Nextflix one Man's show and I'm a movie again.
Speaker 4: You know, God, woman, you know the sky the limits.
Speaker 3: Nice man.
Speaker 5: Well, the next time we're in Vegas, hopefully bump into you and we could take you up on that.
Speaker 3: Maybe have some mic bites together, some edibles.
Speaker 5: No sweet cheeks, Mike sweet Mike sweet cheeks, and then the tagline is everybody's eating them.
Speaker 4: Oh God, got the money.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get in on.
Speaker 12: That, Mike.
Speaker 3: We'll see you on Vegas. I'll hang man, let's thank.
Speaker 4: Some money.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Hey, Mike, I want to thank you for everything. Congrats on your career, on being a better person, thank you, thank you for your time.
Speaker 5: Just thank you and thanks with all the joy you brought us. Mike, Thank you guys, have a great one. Mike Ray Syson, Mike Tyson there he is Iron Mike.
Speaker 3: That was a lot of fun. So I'm glad we got to uh share that with you guys here on The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 5: CA.
Speaker 3: You know on Rich filling in Christmas Eve, you think you'll get some Mike sweet cheeks and your stocking this year or no?
Speaker 5: You know what I as I said in the interview, he is on that list now with Snoop Dogg and Willie Nelson. You know, people that are into that culture would want to smoke with Mike.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 13: W AP Dan Patrick Show here Fox Sports Radio, LaVar Arrington, Rady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you. You can find this show on the iHeartRadio app and you can always find us weekdays Monday through Friday, three to six am Pacific time, six to nine am Eastern time here. So we preced this show here on The Dan Patrick Show, and apparently they've decided you know what.
Speaker 3: We're gonna let you guys go.
Speaker 13: Ahead and sit in for DP and the guys here today and then on Monday here as we get you set for a busy weekend in the world of football. And by the way, some of these bowl games have been pretty entertaining. We've got a couple of five or six over.
Speaker 14: There about Kansas State last night coming back. That was fun Toledo, Chris Climbs an amazing job, man was that. I think he's won three bowl games the last four years. You'll get enough credit.
Speaker 3: You got a Colorado and BYU this weekend, so that'll be a fun one.
Speaker 14: So I did see an article, how what was it claiming it was like Deon Sanders gets a historical amount of insurance for Shador Sanders and Travis Hunter to play in it. It's like, okay, like it's not the first time that's ever happened. We don't need to make it bigger than what it is. This is actually pretty common and this dates back. I don't know decades of players get insurance before games. Did you get insurance far I certainly did. Sweet, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 12: Yeah, my whole my whole last year, my junior year, I got the whole season in short.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I was gonna say, like, it's common for a lot of guys to get insurance before the entire season, and it usually ends up being quote unquote historical because every year the draft goes up in value as far as what that player is making. So if you're slated to be a first round pick or however it works, or projected to be a top ten pick, whatever it is, they're gonna add on what three four percent, whatever it is. So every year it's historical in nature.
Speaker 3: But I love how we read the headlines. Now.
Speaker 13: Nick Sirianni's at it again, the pison passion in Philly the passion. Apparently he had a little bit of a dust up with zach Ertz, former Philadelphia Eagle after the game over the weekend where last weekend we're apparently beef water. Yeah, it was just kind of, you know, talking trash. He made a reference to the fact that zach Ertz didn't really do much in the game, according to Nick Sirianni, and they had to be separated. I guess they spoke afterwards. Zach Ertz said, it's all good, you know whatever, But this was Nick Sirianni discussing it yesterday.
Speaker 15: I'll just keep all my conversations with any guys private. I got a lot of respect for Zach. A great football player, great person to be around, you know, I really really got a lot of respect for Zach and all the good things that he's done in my relationship with him.
Speaker 13: So it sounds like a similar tone to every time there's another dust up involving him to where he comes back afterwards. Yeah, you know, listen whether he takes a shot at the fans, whether it was getting into it, you know, and yelling obscenities at Mike McCarthy last year the week, like is this just is this why there's speculation that he could be on the hot seat, Like it has nothing to do with the winds because he's won a ton of games there in Philly, But it's all the other stuff off the field that they can't trust.
Speaker 12: Him, you know. You know what's interesting about the question is when you think about when when when a player or a person in the business world, or you know, a.
Speaker 3: Bull and in the bull you know, like you're doing bull.
Speaker 12: Riding or whatever it may be, you know, what you do to get them to perform at times you agitate them.
Speaker 3: Hey, how do they go about agitating them?
Speaker 12: They poke them, and that them truck nuts. I've seen it, and I can't believe it. They make them to go there, They make them bulls so upset by poking them in their sack. And I'm telling you it is the wildest thing, because once they let them free, that agitation is the reason why that that riter is in such a bad way when they get out there in in the arena, all right, And I think siriani is is a poker.
Speaker 3: I think you're saying he's doing that as motivation. They're winning.
Speaker 12: And I haven't heard anything come out and report manner that would lead me to believe otherwise, other than last year when Don wasn't on the sideline and seems things things seem to be spiraling a little bit last year, But since then, I just haven't heard anything that would lead me to believe that Sirianni is this toxic type of dude that is ruining the culture or ruining the locker room. And with the way that he is, I almost feel like it's quite quite the opposite. They're all kind of chippy, they're all kind of coming at it from from that kind of like beefing type of approach, like we're we're Philadelphians, Like we're Philadelphia, we beef that's what we do. We're tough where heart knows, like we're blue collar. Like it feels as though that that's kind of what the approach is. But I'm gonna lean more to that than I would say that this is why he's on a hot seat for not keeping his job.
Speaker 3: What else could point? I don't know.
Speaker 12: It's not performing. I think he rubbed some people the wrong way though, and they don't like it. But I still think he gets results off of the way he's running things.
Speaker 13: It's like I'm looking at it, there's two teams that have had better records and more wins since he took the job in Philadelphia, Buffalo and Kansas City, and like he's rare air, yes, and so the and but yet we're having these conversations before the year and it's you know, died down a little bit, but it's like, hey, what do they need to do for him to keep his job. Any other organization like he would already have an extension, there'd be conversations about what a performance he's off.
Speaker 3: To this hot start, But with Sirianni.
Speaker 13: Is this all about the fact that he's a red ass and just likes to mix it up with people and he's pissed people.
Speaker 3: Off, And that's why because I guess I'd look at it this way. I think Hallie Roseman really runs things there.
Speaker 14: And I think if you go back to even Chip Kelly, who we tend to forget, he was what twenty six twenty one. I think he won ten games two years in a row there and went to the playoffs, and he had rubbed some players the wrong way during his time there, but from all intentsive purposes, it was a successful coach. Like his win percentage was like five fifty three. I think Andy Reid's during his entire tenure in Philly it was like five eighty three, so not too far off from that. Now, the difference was they didn't have the postseason success. They didn't get there in his third year, and how he Roseman want to move on, so they move on to Doug Peterson. Doug Peterson ends up leading them to a super Bowl. They win a super Bowl. Now, his win percentage was actually worse than Chip Kelly's over the course of his time there, but.
Speaker 3: I think it's more about that.
Speaker 14: I think it's more about how He Roseman looking at the guy who's in that position coaching this team day in day out, and asking himself, like, can this guy lead us to a super Bowl? Because the roster is good enough to get us to the playoffs? And I don't know that anyone would deny that. I think when you look at the amount of talent they've stacked up on this roster of the years, especially when healthy, I mean their backups, A former first round pick I think very capable, and Kenny Pickett of being a starter, maybe especially if he continues to develop. Now he's playing banged up, so we'll see what that looks like. But I think it has more to do with that, And I think it has more to do with Howie Roseman, when you look at his track record since he's been involved with this organization, is truly the one calling the shots and truly the one evaluating the guy in the position who's the head coach saying yeah, well this team should be a playoff team, Like that is the floor. It's can you get us to a super Bowl? Like we feel like we have as good, if not better, of a roster than Kansas City. We just don't have Patrick Mahomes, but we like our the guy that we got in Jalen Hurts. And so if that's the case, like kind of similar to San Francisco in the run they've had of getting the NFC Championships trying to get to a super Bowl, like we should be there, we should be doing that. So I think that's where it comes from, is when you are like a high achieving organization like Philly has been, I think they look at it from a different prism, and I think they look at it and saying, like we're trying to make sure the guy who's in that position as head coach isn't the thing preventing us from winning super Bowls and getting to supers. And under Nick Sirianni, as good as they've been under the regular season, they haven't been able to get there yet.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I just think.
Speaker 12: If we're talking Philly and we're talking super Bowls, that's that's far and few in between. I mean Andy Reid and Doug Peterson like that's it. I mean maybe somebody before got close or whatever it may have been, like way way back when, but for Meal, dig for meal there it is, but they're not a super Bowl. They're not like they won one, you know, They're not like it's not like their title town like they they come up short pretty much the history of the organization, they come up short and winning it all and listen, setting a standard, the standard that that has been set. You can clearly tell that this is a town in a city that embraces going forward and getting close to getting it or winning it.
Speaker 3: And I understand that.
Speaker 12: But I mean, if you have, if you have a coaching staff that has your product on the field performing and you're getting rid of them, you know, I don't you know, I don't know. I don't know what the end result of how to interpret that would be because it's like, am I taking a job to be judged on success or failure?
Speaker 3: Which one is it?
Speaker 12: And if the goalpost is being moved on me having success and that's why that's not enough success knowing that the history of this organization doesn't say like I could see if you go to Green Bay now or not green well even green Bay, but say you go to New England and it's like your your standard is to win a super Bowl, and it's like kind of like Super Bowl or bus there.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 12: Y'all win super bowls, Green Bay, they win super Bowls. There are places where you can look at the history of the organization and say, you win super Bowls. Now, if you're trying to create a standard up, this is where we're trying to get. I understand that. But you also got to be a tap bit flexible and you got to have a little bit of grace because y'all don't win them. Y'all don't win super Bowls. Y'all won one. Y'all made it to to what two two?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well with Andy Reid, well they've made it to three three three, they lost to one, so they're wont lost two one one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, here you goes.
Speaker 12: I'm just saying, man, I have a little grace on on guys that are coming in and they're having success.
Speaker 3: But you don't give people that grace if they've if they're turning people off. Want to know, like, and what is you off?
Speaker 14: You know what if if you if you again are proverbally what was it poking? Poking the bulls and the uh truck nuts? Yeah, struck nuts, which is a way of motivating, by the way, not to get off on a completely separate subject.
Speaker 3: But would that work in trying to motivate Lee? You think he'd be like poking a little bit? So, so what do they poke? Poking Lee? So I just poke Lee? Maybe a couple of breaks in the truck nuts? Yeah? What are they poking? Poking?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 3: Are they burning them?
Speaker 12: Or they're just they're not a I mean some would say that's abuse what they do, but they're not burning them.
Speaker 3: They're just poking. I mean, do you burning? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Do you got to add burning? Like let somebody poke you in your truck nuts and see it like I'm just gonna to be burned?
Speaker 3: Does it? Does it need that much? Like to make you really think and like shock them?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 3: You're like you wanted them dudes? Are they shocked? You're wearing a chastity belt? What's happening?
Speaker 13: Maybe it's one of those ones that he's gone through it so many times. You got to up the ante a little bit, so we burn them next time.
Speaker 3: I don't think that I would ever get used to somebody poking. So anyway, I'm just saying, how can we motivate Lee? Is that one of the ways? Maybe give him a flick or something. I think he's motivated. I think Lee's great. He cut, he's here.
Speaker 12: Worsely, he's there, I'm here, I guess anybody. I think that's what he'd say if you poked them. Heyboddy, anybody, what do you think you're doing there? What do you think you're doing there?
Speaker 3: Huh? It's gonna poke me there? Huh? Anybody anybody ouch? Ouch?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so uh who knows with that? Nick Siriotti. But but he's winning.
Speaker 12: And if I'm looking at the NFC again, one of the big bad wolves that are out there is in Philadelphia. You gotta be concerned.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 12: Granted, they let one get away from them this last game, I get it, But I don't think that that's indicative of where what this team is and where they're going. I think they have more than enough to be able to handle their business in the playoffs. On the NFC side, it's looking like Kenny Pickett Time this weekend, though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I don't think is looking that Jonas.
Speaker 14: I mean, I know you're a little skeptical about now, and he plays the ny Time this week Do we have any sound on that lead we could play?
Speaker 3: Is there any confirmation of Kenny Pickett's gonna play, we do. I promise you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to go into like detail on what it is, but you know they're getting better and I'll be ready to go for Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, flak jacking on today? Have you ever played before?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I always ad there's actually actually thing I'm doing underneath it. Just kind of feel it out for you. Don't bother none of your business.
Speaker 14: The best is like when the media asks, I mean, do you not stand out there to practice and look at the quarterbacks and how their jersey and shoulder pads fit and it's different. It's like, yeah, dude, everyone wears flat jackets, like everyone wears some some different type or brand. I mean they've evolved over time where now they can like mold them to your ribs and so if you have, for example, an injury where sometimes you know there's only a portion of your ribs that are like usually protected by a fly jackets. So the newest ones there's like this this molding material that you kind of shape and contre to your body and you could actually fit like two and so it extends up a little bit higher to protect you a little bit more, especially if you're dealing with the ribb injury.
Speaker 13: I mean, he didn't play that bad against Washington, considering he was kind of thrust it in there, and Jalen Hurts went out with the injury, which, by the way, I still nobody has answered the question why the official was laughing.
Speaker 3: At Jalen Hurts like he was some drunk guy on this tree.
Speaker 13: Like, oh, he's had too much to drink. Like Jalen Hurts gives him a thumbs up and the guy just laughs at him. Said, ah, I get to the sideline. But you know, I'm glad we're taking concussion seriously in the NFL. So no Jalen Hurts this weekend. Kenny Pickett's going to be slinging it around for Philly. They've got Dallas and Mike McCarthy also trying to save his job there with the Cowboys. So that is the update from the NFC East. It is too uh not too pro Why do I keep doing that?
Speaker 3: Just a bet?
Speaker 12: Well, because we do a show three hundred and some days a year, and that's what you say, listen Dan Patrick show. But it is we are filling in. It is two pros and a cup of Joe filling in.
Speaker 3: Dan Patrick show here and it is all brought to you by tire one dot Com.
Speaker 14: Yeah, LaVar, Yeah, you can get to that in a second. It's not even part of the read. Did you tell Jonas what we call the show when.
Speaker 3: He's not here?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well no I did not, but go you could tell him what is it?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: What I have to tell you?
Speaker 4: Cup?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 12: Gut, there's no Joe. Yeah, two pros and two pros and a cup. Two pros and a cup. We didn't put the Joe in it, you know, we just left the jet there so we can't put the Joe in it. I mean that name sounds familiar.
Speaker 3: Two pros and a cup, Yeah it does. Saying it does sound from it was very popular on the internet. You are you are weird o. Why would you even have that as
Speaker 5: A reference, way before TikTok Yeah way, But that was like when viral became a thing.