Speaker 1: Yo, yo, this is mess. Check me out on the Bootleg CAF podcast Boutleg CAF Podcast, Best special guest in here. He's got a new EP coming very soon April nineteenth, on my birthday, Friday Friday.
Speaker 2: The loading EP.
Speaker 1: The loading EP.
Speaker 2: My god, So what does that mean? Does that mean that the album is loading?
Speaker 1: The album is still loading. It's a continuation.
Speaker 2: So this is the loading screen, this this project. Yeah, Bro, just when you played the PlayStation one screen.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, what you know about PlayStation one?
Speaker 2: Bro, I'm thirty seven years old.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying everything. I'm a big PlayStation I'm a PlayStation ahead. Bro.
Speaker 2: I know, bro, that was the system. I mean, look, my first system was a Metal Gear Grants. Metal Gear is my favorite game ever.
Speaker 1: You know, Metal Give is my favorite game ever. No way, Metal Gives game ever.
Speaker 2: Yes, Bro, When I was a little kid playing Metal Gear and I had to fight Psychomantis.
Speaker 1: Bro, and you gotta unplugged report put in the other porty Okay, you wanted to want to know?
Speaker 2: That was the craziest mind blowing thing you ever had to do to beat some Yo.
Speaker 1: Listen, I've actually brought that moment up a lot when I talk to people about like art and creativity and ship and I'm like, yo, one of the most creative things I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Was because how could you figure that out?
Speaker 1: Yo? Figured it out is one thing. How could you make that up? That's a different thing. But like, imagine that's how.
Speaker 2: I'm at home with no Internet, like how do you beat this crazy guy?
Speaker 1: That's how I'm seeing as an artist, as a creative, you know what I mean? Like I look at Dao in the way he move and think, I'm like, yo, like like how do you think to do that? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I love you know, I love that part of the Metal gear Head as I am. I only played the first two, Oh bro, so I never played you have to play. I was gonna say that's the one that you never played Snake Eater. I just got to the point where I was just like, you gotta play Snakeator. Time was like, but the first Metal Gear Solid is my number one game.
Speaker 1: It's incredible though, it's incredible. I think it's the best, probably the best video game.
Speaker 2: And it holds up still to this day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great quality, Yeah, shots and you're solid. So you're like you're like specifically passionate about PlayStation games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big PlayStation head for sure. Yeah, never had like a Dreamcast or nah. I mean you know what with Nintendo now. Dreamcast to me was.
Speaker 2: Like no, Dreamcast had some ship based I was like, nah, you know what I liked about Dreamcast is when they knew they were going out, everything was so cheap. So you get a Dreamcast with all the games, Like the games are like fucking a penny at some places. I had, uh, Sega Saturn.
Speaker 1: Sega Saturn was cool. I like, I like like, I like the concept of it, bro. But yeah they did it. They did everything better PlayStation for sure.
Speaker 2: All Right, so uh you obviously were you just at dream deal Fest?
Speaker 1: I did, man, I did go. I attended, actually popped out of my boy Loot said it was a challenging of course, one of the best North Carolina. You already know seven o four, so.
Speaker 2: You had help, you would help. What did you contribute to the new Cold might delete this later project?
Speaker 1: I helped write the hook on the intro on on Pricey Lennix's hook She's crazy, amazing, amazing, directed some videos for her before too. She's She's a great. Shout out to Ari.
Speaker 2: Lenny super nice too, and like you running her in public and you'd be like, you're here by yourself. Yo.
Speaker 1: She showed up to the video I directed for her the same way.
Speaker 2: That's all right, some show and she was just in the cut, just hanging out and I was like, M sorry, seven eleven right here in North Hollywood, like you just be rolling around like a normal person. She ain't already.
Speaker 1: She cool? She the coolest. Yeah. Yeah, that's a great hook. By the way, Thank you. Shout out to daveon Cole right on that.
Speaker 2: I got to ask you when when Cole apologized on stage, that's your man's m did you know that was going to happen? And I had to ask you about it? You were there, Yeah, that's your guy. What were your thoughts on the whole thing? Because I'm on the I'm in the minority space where I actually respected it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean to me, bro, any any grown man that's going to just do what he feel rather than what he's pressured into. I just I'm a respected you know what I mean. It's just simple like that, Like ninety percent of niggas in the world, like are just doing things that people pressure them into. Grown ass adults are pressured in to doing things, so I think that's interesting. But yeah, you know, I respect him for doing what he felt like.
Speaker 2: You know, I would tell people like, man, like in hip hop, we get so conditioned and like charged up by people and not by but it doesn't always necessarily have to be how you feel. But it's like the people around you. The noise will get you charged up and get you in a space that ain't even like really where you are, you know what I'm saying. So when he said that, I was like I was at WrestleMania in the back of the Uber leaving Many. I was like, oh shit. But I was like, Brian respected because I feel like Kohle's been moving a certain way for so long and you know, hey, man, like you got to respect any man his self aware enough to know like this energy for me is not like fuck all this other shit like I'm trying to be.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go to sleep at night, you know what I mean? You know, I mean Vince Stables had an interesting perspective on it. I saw I think he called in maybe the Joe Budden or something like that, and he was just like, like, how we not talking about music publishing. He write his hell like, I'm like, damn, Like just people just get ried up over all these different things that don't have shit to do with like us having ownership over what we have or like right, it's just so hilarious the thing. You know, obviously now is it entertaining? Yes, obviously, of course this whole thing is entertaining. That's that's the way that they work, you know. I feel like controversy is like entertaining, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember talking about Punch and I was like, I saw Punch last last week, you know, two weeks ago. I saw abut the iHeart of words. We're just shooting the shit, yeah, And I was like, man, I know Cole is going to be the one to respond, because Cole is like a fucking gladiator, like he gets this shit. But I was like, but damn, Dreamville Fest is next week, and school Boy Q's on it and Sis, I'm like everyone's friends, Like, like, I don't know if there's a more tighter crew than like the dream Build TV crew over the years, and like those two guys specifically have always moved with like in a certain way that's never been goofy. So I was like, I just hope whatever happens, like they just come out on the other side of it, like and everything's all good. So I'm glad to see that that at the very least is probably going to be the case. So but uh, for you, man, like, what's it like? Because you obviously I remember you back in the day popping up on like two Dope Boys, and you were like pretty active in that. I would say, with the latter end of the blog era, is that fair to say? Y?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I was like watching it when I was in school. I was like watching the blog era, you know what I mean. It was like happening, you know, around that time Cold put out, like the warm up all this stuff. Like I was in school still, you know what I mean. But it was cool though, because yeah, like right, like you said, like right at the end of it, like I started sending emails out trying to like getting on Two Dope Boys and shout out to.
Speaker 2: Shake Shake, and I just saw me at WrestleMania.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah. They put some of my first like little projects online.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I did this EP with Crisis producer from North Carolina. Yeah, we did this EP of The King's Crisis and that joint was like it was like my first time on the blog. So I was like, oh, this is hard. You know, people wrote about it, talked about it.
Speaker 2: And people understand like the blog shit was like they're like real A and rs real. Yeah, motherfuckers, like they had to fuck with your shit and if they posted your ship it could like really change your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, it was funny. I mean it's it's so similar to like there's blogs now that exist. They just have a different form, different name, you know what I mean. A lot of it is just people find find a way to get they taste to be a popular thing, you know, find a way to do that. You could sell pretty much anything. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So obviously because I know you had like had that run like making music and then you started to kind of become more behind the scenes shooting videos. What was the first kind of big video that you were able to direct?
Speaker 1: And I mean the first video director that all was the Middle Child video for j Cole Okay, so that.
Speaker 2: Was like more Ray I was like about four years ago. Five years ago was that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, this was my first video project ever at all, you know, like that I was like, oh, I'm in charge of like the visuals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was like, because if that's your first one for Cold to trust you to do his video, you know what I mean? Like, what was it about what you were doing that made him comfortable you think to let you take the reins.
Speaker 1: Man you know what's funny man him like some other people around me, but obviously with him it was like a real big deal. Has seen in me a lot, maybe even more than I even knew about myself creatively, because I have ideas. I'm really good at describing the idea that people are like a visual or the way I see something, you know, like it's a storytelling talent that probably came from music that started in writing songs. But then the attention of detail with me just is just so high and a lot of things like it just made it easier for me to articulate what I wanted to see. And I think that's probably how that's I don't know. I just came to him with ideas. I'd be like, yo, I want to shoot a video idea for myself like this, or one day him I told him about a movie idea I had. He was like, bro, this is like a real like a good ass movie idea or whatever, and eventually, you know, it turned into I was at Dreamville camp, you know what I mean, revengeal the Dreamers camp. Yeah, yeah, you know we put the I did like I end up on like three songs on there and then it so you're Grammy nominated, Grammy nominated. Yes, yes, sir, you had a little bell out, you know what I'm saying. Grammy dominated. Yeah, And so him and T minus was like in the back and it was working on Middle Child. I remember they was going back and forth over the bpm like one bpm, like arguing. They were not even arguing, just like debating about the one bpm. And I remember sitting in the back. He asked me what I thought. I was like, this is hard and then called me like a week later, like, Yo, what you think about writing the video idea? I was like, you gotta let me direct it though if I write it, And he was like, all right, next thing, you know, half a million dollar video? Yeah? Crazy, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yo. Were you in the camp when like the Milwaukee Bucks pulled up or Chris Bosh was there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I met Janni's for the first for the only time really, like he was right behind me getting macaroni and cheese in the line. Bro Yo, Revenge camp was like crazy.
Speaker 2: Well I heard Chris Bosh was playing beats and like the bucks were just hanging and yeah, yeah, yeah that had to be fucking wild, like you're just like working on music. Then all of a sudden, Giannis.
Speaker 1: Is it was crazy. Chris Bosh was tall as hell, just walked in with the laptop unfolded. That bitch, like, what's I got some heat? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, it's gotta be nice to be Chris Bosh because like, no matter what, people gonna let you play beats, you got to tell Chris Bosh No.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't know, man, I think I don't know people. How was his beat? I wasn't really like in the room. Why he laughed, that's crazy, yo, My man just started laughing. No, I wasn't in the room really when who he was playing his beat?
Speaker 2: Nah? What was your most like, uh, the most fun memory about those sessions because we always hear so many different versions of like how crazy they were, because I think it was like a legendary that you people are getting like these invites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you'd have to fly out, and I mean it was crazy, man, it was funny. It was like at one point, at some point, I think maybe it was Felting or Adam, one of them made the yellow ticket concept, you know what I mean, because it was just inviting people at first, and then they started sending out a yellow ticket and then people start posting on their social media, so it was like some Willy Wonka shit already, like Nigga's like, oh yo, I got this yellow tick. You see a rapper, you know, a producer you know, or somebody get the thing. And it just started already just creating like a sneaky little like legend about it, you know, around LA or wherever you was at. And the next thing, you know, people just started just flying out there. And you know, I remember getting invited. I was like, yo, I'm gonna go out there like NAS songs, you know, and it was just fun, a little competitive. It was like it was good, Like the nature of the whole thing was good.
Speaker 2: Yo. Being from North Carolina, like obviously I grew up being like a really really really huge little brother had Like I got to see them live. I think I went I saw them live the Minstrel Show tour. I think it was them and dilated people's And then I've seen Fonte when he was doing.
Speaker 1: His shout out to Little brother Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Little Brothers just like up there. Do you feel like and they just put out a dope documentary on YouTube? Do you feel like and Holland Yeah? Do you feel like they get like their respect? Like somehow I feel like they've kind of like became like not forgotten. But I'm like, man, these motherfuckers really like like Fonte is like really like one of the greatest, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, you're talking about them right now. You just brought them up in an interview, you know what I mean. Like I'm saying, like when you're growing up like being a kid. Yeah, yeah, for sure. I think that. Obviously it wasn't the first thing I found or that I had heard, But that's what I like about good art bro, and really good artists and stuff like that. It's like like, yeah, bro, Like even if you know you're not talking about them on like a scale that's like I don't know, like uh, stadiums or selling out like Arenaturs or something like that, you still bring them up for some reason, right, And it's because you know, and I know that like deep down inside, just like some of the highest quality like shit, you know what I mean. It's these artists, you know. That's the cool thing about about art. And what I also realized about art is because it's something that don't really exist in like space and time, like you know, Boski I got lit after he died, like which obviously rested recipes. I don't want that for nobody, but I just think, like you just never know when something might, you know, imagine your life is crazy, like good art.
Speaker 2: Will find you fe linerations later years.
Speaker 1: Later, stranger things like sample day, what's that? What's the lady song? From the seventies?
Speaker 2: Something bush right? They put it and then it ended up going to top forty radio like thirty.
Speaker 1: Years to one hundred. Yeah, with the Master of the Puppets.
Speaker 2: The Metallica song like they used it on that scene and that ship just became like a top ten on Spotify all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. It's crazy, like the whole you know, it's interesting to find a way to like to do that, like make something that that's standing test of time. In that way.
Speaker 2: On this EP, you got the homie Isaiah shot is shad uh shout out to Leon Bridges. You got Saint John on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For you, like, uh, how long have you been working on the actual album that's coming and how did you pick between like these are for the EPH, this is the this is the same or platter? Yeah, before the entre?
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. I mean the EP songs were songs that I had that I knew I wanted to see the light of day. A couple of them are like newer, but for the most part its songs that I knew. It was like I was like, yeah, I just want to get a palette together or palate cleanser together for people, so you know when it's time for me to start putting my album music out there really like you know what's up? Or like you know, it's like a like a great wrong way to the album project honestly, if I'm being real, right, Yea, the album got like some crazy everything features music everything.
Speaker 2: Boss little Boss hook, Yo, Hey, it's been cooking on these nice bro.
Speaker 1: He's nice bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I told him, I was like, sohow you made this tra from like wrapping your ass off to like making these crazy melodic fucking hooks.
Speaker 1: And people going to sing along. Anyway, it's that part, you know what I'm saying. Sure, shout out to Boss.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like kind of being like extended Dreamville?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Uh, did they ever try to like actually like submit an offer to you to bring you on like officially as an artist? I know you're a massive peal, but like did that ever?
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, bro is like a story a lot of people don't know. It's like the way I met him only played my music for Cole. Shout out to owmen play my music for Cold like a long time ago, and then first guy on dream Bill. Right ever, Omen was the first guy. Right, maybe he was the first guy. Maybe makes sense, you know, I know they go way back. But Amen played my music for Coal and then Cole like heard it and texted me. This was like right after this first album had came out, you know, and like I'm supposed to be in college, like, you know, me and my little brother you got an apartment in Raleigh together, Like my mom had just passed not too long before that, and so we were just kind of like figuring a bunch of shit out and I just got this text out of nowhere, like, Yo, there's j Cole, like y'all want to meet you end up flying to Raleigh, like to North Carolina to meet me, came to a studio and everything. Yeah, and so that's like how we met each other, you know what I mean. It's still like pictures and videos from that time. He produced a song that was on like one of my early mixstapes. Gave me a beat.
Speaker 2: God, we need more cold beats man, that high power power.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, I was about to bring up high Power yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, so we need more more came more Krit beats for the record. But anyway, yeah, you know, so we're forgetting Those two guys are amazing producers, big Krit Krit Oh yeah yeah yeah, yeah, for sure, both of them. Yeah yeah. But so that's how we ended up meeting. And yeah, it was conversations around that time for sure. You know. It was really cool about him, man, one of the best things like he was at that at that time, Dreamsville was so early, Like it was a conversation and he was like, Yo, He's like, you don't think I would do right by you. He's like, yeah, nothing's prepared. It's not really put together right yeah, right after Yeah, you know, so I would have actually probably been the first one on the label, but he just was like, ya, I don't want to like make a mistake. Let's just be cool, let's stay close, you know what I mean. Then I moved to La start working with Doctor Dre. Like, you know, I wrote the Content album.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I wanted to get to the Compton album because that album doesn't get enough flowers. We'll get there, but well tell me about that, because Compton is an album that came and I feel like we don't go back to it enough. Man, it is a damn I mean, it's the only body of work we've gotten from Dre since two thousand and one, and I thought it was pretty fucking impeccable.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful, bro, I mean, I mean, you're you're on it. You're One of the first things people don't don't talk about is the fact that it never was a lot. It never was on Spotify until last year, Like yeah, you know what I mean, And there's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Shit like that that I've been noticing been popping up that I'm like, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, imagine and you. I think at that time it's because you know, they had done a deal with Apple or something like that. So at that time it's different because Spotify was way bigger than our music just was just starting, right, you know what I mean, and they was like, yo, let's just you know, they just put on app.
Speaker 2: There were some albums that were doing that exclusive.
Speaker 1: It stayed exclusive for like for like years, for like eight years or some ship. Yeah. Yeah, So I think that's kind of like an interesting like part of that story, you know. But shout out to Dre. Shout out to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it almost might have affected like the amount of people who consumed it, you know, who.
Speaker 1: Could even get who could listen to it exactly.
Speaker 2: People are still so how did you end up coming to LA and getting with Dre and kind of give me that backstory?
Speaker 1: Man? Shout out rapper Big Pool from a little brother, big Pool shut out. Big Pool introduced me to producing their Focus Okay, yeah on text okay, Focus and Tie probably, and then I ended up going to the studio. I did kind of like a like a damn there, like a tryout. Really, it was me and a bunch of other writers in there and people that you know, I didn't know, they didn't know me. They was kind of off on their own, doing their own thing, and you know, it was it wasn't the easiest to get in and help. So I was like, I'm gonna just go in this little io booth. I just went a little io booth and just started writing and coming up with stuff. And yeah, we just submitted songs, and next thing, you know, four or five days later, Dre end up showing up for real. Because they kept saying he was coming every day. I was like, he's not coming to the studio, and then he came one day, and the day he finally pulled up, he listened to some songs. He said he liked one of the ones I had done, which was tight, and then uh and then yeah, man, I actually went back to North cal Lining because it was just like a little camp they had done, but nothing was happening yet, right, and and I was like, nah, man, you should go back, Like you know, Dre likes a lot of stuff. You never know what's gonna happen for real, and I needed to go back to the crib. So I went back, and I knew I was gonna move up to La Yeah, I was like yo. I was like, I gotta get back to LA. I gotta figure out a way to do that. And so I moved back to l A. I was living here for one day. Second day I was living here, they called me Saidre, I want you to come back to LA to write songs. I was like, I'm here. I was hoping he was gonna do.
Speaker 2: That, right, That's why I came.
Speaker 1: That's why I came back anyway. Yeah. Yeah, and then we wrote like damn, they probably like one hundred songs together. It's like a lot of songs, one hundred probably, bro. Yeah, yeah. I mean if anybody that's like that's ever was a part of them sessions and knows like what's up or seeing us working like so they think I'm exaggerating, they would let me know. But yeah, I probably like that.
Speaker 2: You guys were in the bag together for sure. What was that like, because we always hear about Dre's like, uh, how like his you know, attention to detail is almost like ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've done to take for sure, like thirty forty fifty times maybe maybe more. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like so as I'm curious, like on the writing side, like is it like so it'll obviously on the production side, we know he's very meticulous, but even on just like the way the inflection of your lyrics, like yeah, until you hit it, the way he hears it in his head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're definitely gonna be like, you know, doing that and going back and forth. It's funny because, like you know, Dres, he's like a funny guy. He got like a funny personality. Like I feel like he'll fuck with you a little bit, you know what I mean, Like he got you doing some shit a whole lot. But honestly, it really is to like bring the best out of you or like to get what he's looking for and to take you know what I'm saying that he does too. He definitely finds what he's looking for on the take. And a lot of times you get on there and be like, damn, I sounded this way when I when I did it, and then he coached me into this thing. I never would have thought I could sound like that happens a lot, you.
Speaker 2: Know, that's dope. I was gonna say, did you ever the myth of the Detox album that's probably never gonna come out? Wherever any songs were he was like Yo, Detox.
Speaker 1: What's this head things?
Speaker 2: Well, like, you know, I don't know, man, because I feel like by the time you were working on that, I think the Detok ship was probably over with in terms of the idea of like the public ever getting it. I don't know, maybe maybe you you know, was there any talk of that every even Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Had heard rumblings yeah, you know what I mean of like, you know, songs or like yeah features or like concepts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah one day, man, one day.
Speaker 1: You never know, man, you never know. Fuck, Ryn, you be on there, you know, just the super unexpected buleg cut cad verse.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna have going crazy on an intro. What other writing opportunities did that situation put you in? Outside after after the Confident album came out, because you're obviously on that album too.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I got a few features on there, and so I remember right after it came out. I remember being at my Auntory's crib and uh, I was in the kitchen yo signing the CDs for family members because like some of them like was like, we want you to sign it, and I was like, oh, that's cool, you know, not some ship that I really would ask to do for you know that I was planning on doing. But it's like it was cool that they felt enough and like my uncle gave it to somebody at the barbershop that wanted it or whatever, so that was cool. And then I remember being at the kitchen table. I was like signing these CDs and like Chay Pope called me.
Speaker 2: Cha.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chay Pope called me and was like, yo, I want you to come right for Kanye. He heard he heard about y'all told him about you, some of the stuff you did. He's like, yo, keep come tonight. I was in Baltimore. I was in Maryland.
Speaker 2: Good compound. I'm sure in La it was a shaney La Okay, okay, shaney La and uh.
Speaker 1: And I was like damn, Like I was hurt because I was in Maryland, like and I wasn't close and he's like, yo, come tonight, and I was like, yo, I can't make it. Da da da da. I start thinking how I was gonna get on the plane like right then and there, How possible could this be? Looking at it like they was working on Pablo. Yeah you know what I mean. And so he was like, nah, bro, just come the next day and I was like all right, and then I just left packed up. When the next day ended up, me and Kanye, I walked in wrong like he was like, yo, something is like you know cha told them was coming. Yeah, And I worked with him for a couple of weeks on PABO. That was real fun experience.
Speaker 2: Were the songs that made the album that you helped.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, dog, there's actually only one thing that's out moving around. Is this this leak that's going crazy that I'll be getting a bunch of text from like like uh like hackers or whatever. I was working on the Highlights song. Oh really yeah, and at that time, like other there was some other features on it. I don't even want to bring light to it because Charlie Wilson's on that right uh probably yeah yeah but anyway, yeah, a bunch of people text me about that.
Speaker 2: But there's a there's a leak of it running around right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I gotta hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you that's gotta be kind of cool though, just that it it's seen the light of day.
Speaker 1: I mean, I you know, the experience, bro, even going to work with you, like she was mad inspiring, or just him being like I see it in you like the thing, you know what I mean, like to I mean to come here and be a part of the contribute, you know. I thought that was ill.
Speaker 2: What were the contrasts you noticed between because you know, being in with Dre and Ye the two arguably greatest producers ever, I mean, most prolific creatives. You know, you can go on and on, but like, what were the contrasts between those two processes that you noticed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So Dre is like very like like a scientific type of guy, like you know what I mean, Like you know, he knows the board really well, like the sounds of frequencies, you know what I mean. Like, whereas yeah, I felt like it was just more like a like a kid, you know what I mean. There was like a microphone that just sat on a chair and the beat was just playing if you just felt like it, you could just walk over there and just like something, if you just felt like it and it was just sitting there, like that's very different type of Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was there when he cut his Carnival Verse. Okay, there I went with Tie in Vegas and he just had I mean, now, the later part of that night was all over Instagram live, but he just had like the uh sweet at the Four Seasons in Vegas and like you know, India Love just showed up to hang out and she ended up being on Now she's on the album.
Speaker 1: That's how it be.
Speaker 2: Bro. It was just so random. This was like a room full of people are partying, the eating, yeah, and this fools just starts cutting his fucking Carnival verse, Like Carnival.
Speaker 1: That's the best sometimes to be in that vibe and in that place.
Speaker 2: I knew that was gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Bro, I'm sorry, my boy, you got your uh it's.
Speaker 2: Supposed to be okay, fucking thing and it's all good, no, but uh but yeah, it was just it was just crazy because then like you hear the album and you're like, yeah, this sucking out. I loved I loved Vultures. But yeah, it's funny because it's like it's almost like the opposite of what you hear.
Speaker 1: Dre would do you know what I mean, Like yeah, yeah, yeah, it's just yeah, it's like no, no, no, that's not true, Dre. You record in the room all the time with him in the room, Like.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, like people people hanging out you still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, it be people in the studio, in the room with you. They just got to be quiet for a second. Yeah you know, but yeah, catch the vibe. It's nice to catch the varb that way for sure. For you?
Speaker 2: Are you like back, like fully in like rapper mode right now?
Speaker 1: What does it mean to be in rapper mode? What does that mean? Well?
Speaker 2: Like, you know, look, I feel like you you have so many hats that you wear as a creative. It's like mes rapper album EP ship like number number one priority for you right now?
Speaker 1: What would that mean? If I say yes, what would it mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean that that you're just super focused on finishing your album and.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah for sure. But I mean I'm an artist, I feel like in a lot of different ways. No, for sure, That's what I'm saying, asking Donald Glover like or someone.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure at certain points in times, Donald Glover's focus might be writing a show and another time it might be making it out.
Speaker 1: But do that mean he is somebody else while he's doing that? Because sometimes people might think, like, damn, are you a rapper while you while you're doing this.
Speaker 2: No, No, but I think like I think that, like, if you're an artist, right, and you have so many hats in that spectrum that you can wear, maybe while you're working on painting number one, that's your focus, you know, like you might you know, you might be working on like six other ideas at the same time.
Speaker 1: But I got a lot of ideas, yo, And honestly, it's really more about the fact that I think, I just I don't never want nobody think I've become someone else because I was doing this. I never became a director because I started directing. I still was always an artist or like or vice versa. You know what I mean. I'm not just because I'm focused on music right now. I put on my EP, my album, like, you know, like it don't mean that I'm a different thing, you know for sure. Yeah, I just think that's a real that's a real conversation because people you can see where I'm coming from.
Speaker 2: No, definitely, obviously, do you feel like because I feel like there's so many different ways to like express yourself, right, do I mean You're lucky enough to probably have so many different like canvases to kind of scratch whatever creative it you have at the time. Give me kind of an idea.
Speaker 1: Of like.
Speaker 2: What it is about directing and the visual process that you enjoy that it's a little bit harder to get.
Speaker 1: From maybe making music directed in the visual process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like no, the visual process, like like being it. I mean, because I always feel like, you know, being able to be in charge of like a visual something that's going to live online. You know, it's like a and a live piece of art, Like what is it? What is the difference between what you get out of that compared to what you get out of working on a song.
Speaker 1: It's no difference, bro. You know It's funny. I have a moment where I'm like, Yo, this scene is intended to make people feel this way, you know what I mean. I want you to feel like like ooh like and you might have a bar that's the same thing, same same feeling, bro. You know, And if I if I successfully made you feel how I want you to feel, you know, in either space, then I went that's what That's what That's what I'm looking for. Yeah, yeah, you know, so you just got a lot.
Speaker 2: More on your in your repertoire to make people feel and that's what are't supposed to do is make you feeling.
Speaker 1: I think so, Bro, I think so. That's my favorite thing is to be I'm intense. I could be intense about it. That's crazy. I could be intentional about it and then just you know, and say, this is what I'm looking for people to feel in this thing that I'm doing in this line. Sometimes I might write a line that shit might make sense in a short film or a song, or both might make sense in both. Why not? You know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is there are you like any of the videos that you've directed lately that they're still coming out soon or do you have like anything in the in the chamber?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, yeah, yeah, I definitely have stuff of mind that's coming. I actually also am a part owner in a film production company as well, and so there's like there's always like projects stuff coming in made by Airs. Yeah. Yeah, shout out to maybe Airs all the talented creative people connected to it. Yeah, that's that's interesting and helpful. It's like when I went to Focus and I did film for a second, that's the way that it could kind of continue on while I'm being an artist. It's just there's like a team or just a group of people you know what I mean, we'll look.
Speaker 2: The EP Loading comes out Friday, yeah, sir, the nineteenth, and the album is coming soon.
Speaker 1: Album's coming very very soon, very very soon. Yeah. Yeah, do you have a name yet? Still loading?
Speaker 2: Still loading out? Look at that?
Speaker 1: Yeah sir, there it is. Man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you pulling up. Go support the EP, Go support the guy. Of course, all the stuff you got going on. Man, I'm sure people they're gonna be merching all that shit they could.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we were just talking about vinyls. Actually, I think I'm about to do some vinyls and sign all of them, and you know, not to be big. It's gonna be fun. Bro.
Speaker 2: The vinyls are fire plusure. How did you end up with mass Appeal Because for people who don't know, Mass Appeal is like an amazing just label slash creative company. They do so many different things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, funny enough. I got to start it with my boy Elliott shout out Elliott. Man. He was this kid, Bro just hit me online like y'all fuck with you, I'll fuck with you. He just he just knew like the history of me, bro, like all my music, like everything. You know, He's my It's so funny, like you know how it happened. But Thenbous starting meeting the team, everybody was cool, really understood that. Like, yo, I know, I have like a vision for what I want to do, and I think everybody could see it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it's cool, it's not how involved is nas in? Like certain shit because nas is obviously part of master Peal.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean, you know, like I think that a lot of it got to be his vision, you know what I mean, most pretty much most of him and Peter shout of the Peter you know, yeah, yeah, for sure, And I think, yeah, he's cool man. I've always heard good things, especially like if we see some of mine and herd some of mine. It's always been positive. Yeah, and obviously Bro, like I'm a fan Bros a legend. Crazy enough, his Aumatic album came out on my birthday, so oh shit, yeah my birthday is on Friday, which will be his his anniversary for his album.
Speaker 2: Yeah damn, I remember buying the twentieth anniversary DVD that was a decade ago. Fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's crazy. Yeah, it's about to be thirty. Yeah, Like yeah, it's crazy because I didn't start listening to that till like Soldier Boy was like out like when I.
Speaker 2: Was, because that's like ninety four. Damn Jesus, time flies man. Shout to Nods, Shout to you man. The project comes out Friday, go support it. You've got a couple of singles out right now. Then go listen to maz Thank you Bro, thank you Yes, Sir Fire