Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: I kill just the bits at this time every year, I always do the best bits of the year. So I know we're after New Year's because the holidays are falling a little funky this year.
Speaker 3: So this is post New Year's and technically we are.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty five, but I'm still doing here the top Bits of twenty twenty four from the Bobby Bone Show for this week, and yes Best Bits Part one and Part three this weekend are new content. I had Scipa Steve come in and record some stuff with me before we left for the holiday, so it's all new and you can get some fun conversation over there about New Year's reflection of twenty twenty four and some holiday stuff over there too. Without further ado, let's get into it. The Best Bits of twenty twenty four. This one blew up on our social media. Bobby had shared what things cost to Taylor Swift, like a house to a normal person is this, but to Taylor Swift it's this much and all kinds of things like that, and this one just blew up.
Speaker 3: People were like what and crazy? Also, how is this possible?
Speaker 2: So that's what you're going to hear right now, what do things cost to Taylor Swift versus how it costs to the average person.
Speaker 1: Number seven.
Speaker 4: Taylor Swift is now the richest female musician, with an estimated networth of one point six billion dollars. So what I like to do is see how much things feel like they cost to Taylor based on what it would cost what it feel like to cost to a normal person. For example, if you were to go buy some Lululemon leggings ninety eight dollars for Taylor, if she were to buy those, amy, that would feel like she's spending eleven cents.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, that's cool for her.
Speaker 4: A dinner refer to at Nobu, which is the very fancy place in Los Angeles, Miami, New York. If you go, it's like seven hundred bucks for Taylor eighty one cents.
Speaker 6: Yeah wow.
Speaker 4: A new iPhone big purchase for some folks, especially if you don't have it, like in your plan where they give it to you for free if you don't like renew your plan from the years, A new iPhone twelve one hundred dollars for Taylor feels like a dollar eighty seven. A new average car in the United States, the average car is about forty thousand dollars to Taylor thirty seven dollars. Okay, get her a thirty dollars car, It's awesome. And the average home in the United States is three hundred thousand dollars. For Taylor to buy that home, it would cost her to us four hundred dollars. I'd just know all the houses we could have for four hundred dollars. That would be awesome. Just the housesn't go look four hundred dollars the house dang so good for her though, her those shows, I've never seen aything like it. I've never seen them like it. Just they sell out so faster, talking about football stadiums and like every even when she changes like a new dress in her show, it's like a new story. It's like Taylor has decided to wear a gold snake dress instead of the green one and then like pops up in my feed. Yeah, it sound like anything I've ever seen as far as like popstars and Morgan Walland they announced he had the highest the biggest country tour ball time. And it's for two reasons. One, he sells at football stadiums, right because like Kenny's done it. There's only a few artists I've ever sold at football stadiums Garth wallin Kenny, Zach Bryan does it now. Luke Combs has done it a few times. But also the ticket prices, the concert tickets cost so freaking much, and like the extra good tickets are like even higher than what inflation is for like this year versus fifty years ago, like to get And they also have this ticket gage thing where the more in demand, they raise the prices of the tickets.
Speaker 6: So but that's the some of those are being the resold ones, not always.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's called like dynamic ticket pricing. And I'm not saying this happens, but that happens too, where it's like buying a ticket on Southwest Airlines, meaning the ticket prices go. It's the same, you get a seat, but the less the fewer tickets are, the higher the ticket cost is.
Speaker 6: Oh because see, I just thought that Taylor would maybe.
Speaker 4: I don't know the tailor does dynamic tickets. I know that at times you just.
Speaker 5: Went over those numbers like she could lower them a little.
Speaker 4: Bit, you know, if people are buying them. Wi, I know, I know dynamic ticket pricing is a strategy that increases prices when demand is high and decreases when demand is low. Okay, It is used by many industries, including entertainment, and they go through all of it and so but yeah, I mean that's what the airlines do. That's why a ticket, if you get a last minute costs so much. You're getting the same seat you would have got if you'd bought it three weeks ago. But yeah, I know, Morgan Wall and Biggest country tour and Taylor Swift. It's wild and she'd get a house for four hundred dollars crazy.
Speaker 7: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: There was some clothing drama on the show this year, but this one stood out in particular.
Speaker 3: Lunchbogs wore a hoodie to the.
Speaker 2: CMA Awards and it was the hottest of hot topics, not just within our show but on our social media.
Speaker 3: It was controversial all the way around, and.
Speaker 2: It still is a running joke and maybe one of the the most infamous hoodies to ever exist.
Speaker 4: Number six, I was looking at pictures. I was not able to go to the CMA's last night. Regretfully, I was I've been stick to the last few days, even here on the show. So Amy looked great.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Eddie looked great.
Speaker 8: Oh thanks man, Moregan.
Speaker 4: I saw your video. You're like, I'm just just a girl that just kind of wet. If I'm a shower and I'm not going out and you did your hands white boom and then she's like in her d. You know, one of those things is good, and then you guys can help me because I only saw a picture. It was Lunchbox in a hoodie.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, like a sweatshirt hoodie, but it was an It looked nice.
Speaker 4: I just saw the group picture in every not just our show, but like they did a picture of like everybody who won, and every single person's in a suit or like a really nice dress, and Lunchbox is in a hoodie. But I would I'm not judging yet. We all love to judge on the show, but I would like to hold back for a second. What what was that?
Speaker 9: Well, what do you mean?
Speaker 10: It was an outfit? It's called style. No one told me that I had to wear a suit. No one said there is a dress code.
Speaker 4: You've been to that many We've done that many times.
Speaker 10: Justin Bieber goes to something he wears a hoodie, people say, oh fashion, I wear a hoodie and it's like.
Speaker 4: The worst thing in the world. I don't think it's the worst thing in the world. No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: He's not judging you yet.
Speaker 4: I'm not asking you to be defensive. I'm they are not jumping in because they've already all made fun of you behind your back.
Speaker 10: So I'm but I'm they made fun of me into my face. When I walked in, Morgan did double thing goes, are you wearing a hoodie? Hold on you talking about and then I'm gonna Eddie says, are you gonna change? And then these wife first things she says to me goes, I see you got your nicest clothes out. And here's my thing. If I went out to Morgan and said, you look like crap.
Speaker 4: No, but Morgan was dressed appropriate. It doesn't matter for like what they they say, you know, it's like whatever they ca the style of dress.
Speaker 11: It's like a wearing.
Speaker 4: This song what I like to do. Everybody else shut up except for Lunchbox because he's gonna get mad at you guys, and I'm not trying to talk to him like I'm upset or irritated.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 4: And see here's the thing, a boy, No, no, let's take it down. Let's think it abunt half of not just me and you talking.
Speaker 10: If if I know to a girl and said, why are you wearing that crap? I'm a jerk, right, But Morgan does it to me and it's oh cool. If I told her your dress looks like trash, how would she feel?
Speaker 4: Well? I don't think I liked your hoodie, by the way.
Speaker 12: See here, here's the thing there. I don't give a crap.
Speaker 4: What I liked your hoodie. I did think that it was a bit underdressed for the occasion, but I just wanted what your thought was.
Speaker 10: I thought it was a nice event. It's a nice hoodie. It ain't some trash hooty that I wear every day.
Speaker 4: I think my hoodies are nice. You wearing here red k trace today.
Speaker 12: I wore it today because I saw them last night.
Speaker 10: You go, uh so, yeah, I thought it's no one said anything about a dress code or what you're supposed to wear, just said, hey, we're going to the Cmas. I'm like, cool man, this is a nice hoodie that is expensive, and I love you for being and I wore it and I wasn't worried about it, and now one person was like, oh my gosh, we can't let you in because you have a hoodie on.
Speaker 12: Cool.
Speaker 4: Great, yeah, yeah great. I have said nothing to the fact that I'm up, upset or irritated. I just saw it and thought, is that real? Well, it's like a fun picture he took, like after he changed out of his suit. Scuba, I want to get everybody else's mouth shut please. Yeah, yeah, what's up, Scuba? You're the executive producer of this show. Yes, you know, of course my name's on it. But like you run this thing, no doubt about it. You're well as that guy. What were your thoughts?
Speaker 13: Well, I guess my first question would be you get the CMA emails right lunchbox. They come through about to vote for this, and here's information for this, and I voted, gotcha. So in one of those emails, there's an important line here says attire and additional information. It says the CMA Awards encouraged you to honor the tradition of country music's biggest night by dressing in black tie or formal attire.
Speaker 4: I say that I didn't know that I just see everybody else doing it every year, so I, well, yeah, and everyone else is doing it as well.
Speaker 13: I will say it's a it was a really nice hoodie for him, it was it was more of an upgrade for what we normally see. So I could see in his eyes he's like, well, I wore a really nice hoodie. This is like my black tie, and okay to the audience in a suit, no one's seem to complain about that. And I wore sunglasses, so I kind of like didn't care a little bit myself, but I still wore like a suit and looked somewhat nice. But I just think maybe he doesn't understand in his world he thinks that was awesome.
Speaker 4: That's on us, then, you know what, that's on me as the leader to not go and say, hey, be sure to wear a suit. I got not even norsem rack. But also I think too solid.
Speaker 13: He wasn't sure he was gonna make it as well because his wife was doing something, so I think he was like scrambling last second and put something together.
Speaker 4: Want is best hoodie? Okay, that's on me.
Speaker 10: And I knew it matched because it was black and white, so I knew it didn't match with black jeans.
Speaker 8: What's what's on you? I don't understand.
Speaker 11: Well, there's a mistake that happens with this show.
Speaker 4: And it because even one of our executives reach out to me saying.
Speaker 11: Was this a bit oh the hoodie?
Speaker 4: Yes? And I said, not that I know of, because I didn't he looked.
Speaker 5: He looked nice.
Speaker 6: Yes, for him, he had jeans that fit, like really, the jeans were nice. The hoodie was you could tell he just shoes where he bought it and how showing up.
Speaker 4: To a funeral and a tank top and jeorts and you're like, well I'm wearing clothes. I hear you. I hear you.
Speaker 5: But it was still up level for him.
Speaker 4: Yes, I it is my fault because I because I I will take and I will message that executive back listen, no, no executive, listen to our show. They only care about us when we get in trouble. Nobody cares. So I'll message the executive and be like, you know what, that's on me? It was a bit. It was like could lunchbuk what was the nicest hoodie he could find to wear? And that's We're good, that's on me. It is my fault. I thought you look great. I thought you were a bit underdressed for this occasion. But that's on me for not explaining that everybody needed to wear what the email said in the official rules of black tie.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Still, I mean, I'm looking through this email and I don't see that anywhere.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: But also, can I one other thing? And I mean this because I feel this way about me too. You're not jelly roller Justin Bieber. Oh yeah, oh really.
Speaker 8: He thinks he is.
Speaker 10: Yeah, here's the thing, people, Fashion is different for everybody.
Speaker 4: I agree, And so like for.
Speaker 12: You to say, oh, you can't wear this, do you?
Speaker 4: I didn't. I didn't say that. I'm saying that's I think to hoodie looks great. It is my fault that I didn't explain expressed to everybody that you need to do what's traditionally done that you guys have seen for like, I don't know, eight or nine years in a row any longer. Yeah, And the bit that I suggested of lunchbox, can you wear the nicest hood he can find? Was not the greatest idea for.
Speaker 5: Me to do that bit link link.
Speaker 4: I don't want him to get in trouble because I have a feeling that they're going to be like you guys would disrespect you know, these executives are. So that's my everybody, that was my bit. I made it up.
Speaker 8: Okay, it's bad taste.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 13: If you think that was bad, he shud here he heard his speech. He took over and did the speech at the awards in the hoodie, in the hoodie front and center and doing a speech.
Speaker 4: We got an audio of it. I don't play it you because I don't think I'm in the place to hear it. Well, I don't. I'm on the place. Hold. Everybody hold. I have a question, though we can play in the next segment.
Speaker 12: I just I don't.
Speaker 10: I need a break, Okay, So can I tell Like when a woman says that to her, I'll be like, well, why are you wearing a trash bag?
Speaker 11: Is it.
Speaker 9: Was?
Speaker 4: You were underdressed according to the dress code?
Speaker 12: I mean, show me a dress code.
Speaker 4: Eyes for the past ten years. But it doesn't matter. It's my fault. It's my fault. Please, everybody, thank you for remaining quiet during this segment. And it's my fault. Okay, that's all.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: This is not one that I would typically share because it's a little weird for me, but it was highly viewed. Lots of engagement on this across the board, so I'm putting it here just in.
Speaker 3: Case you missed an update.
Speaker 2: I think if you followed me on social media or have listened to the show since I made this announcement, you're well aware of where things are now. But in case you didn't and you're just catching up on the show now.
Speaker 3: In fall of twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four, I had to announce some sad news in regards to.
Speaker 1: Man in Uniform number five.
Speaker 4: This is what's referred to as a band Aid segment, where I don't tease it, there's no build up to it. We just ripped the band aid off. I've never called it that until now, but if you ever hear of a band Aid segment, that's what it's going to be for now on Okay, Hey, I didn't before going into this segment and teaser anything band Aid segment.
Speaker 2: Ready, go ahead, Man in Uniform and I broke up.
Speaker 4: Oh so that is Morgan. Oh boy didn't want to do a big bit build out lunchbox. Well, Morgan. Also, I've known for a bit oh, because I will try to make sure that the show doesn't migrate to going in on something, just to give her a little space, And so she was like, Hey, this happened, it's cool. I felt like it's my job to protect her for a little bit, so if it goes somewhere, I can boot it out until she's comfortable right a little behind the scenes, she did also come and say I would like to say it now and get it over with because it will be brought up again in normal discussion. And I recommend her for that because she's looking out for herself by doing that. But this is always a hard segment. So I'm also vamping here to let her catch her breath again because I know that was hard for her to say. So We're going to give you all the space that you want or need, and you can lead us in whichever direction you like.
Speaker 2: Morgan, I was completely blindsided. I didn't know this was coming. I didn't see it coming. I protected myself in every way that I possibly could, and thought that I had found somebody that this was it and you guys heard that in me talking about it on the show. But he uh, as we were about to move in together, I guess you could say.
Speaker 4: Would you say as you what to move in together?
Speaker 2: We were about to move in together, had a epiphany man in uniform is Jewish and decided, because I'm not Jewish, that's not what he wanted. So we had multiple conversations about it. I thought we were on the same page, which is why I was completely blindsided.
Speaker 3: But I guess we weren't. And that's where we are now.
Speaker 4: Can I give you a Oh, it's such a light like fractional positive. Can I give you a fractional positive? You didn't pick a freaking loser. And I think that that for the first time, like as your friend, Like, that's big growth. This sucks for now. No, I'm not taking away this sucks for you in any way, but I think that you're maturing and actually knowing what you want in a relationship and from our life with you, I think you have started to look for more quality guys and for what they stand for and believe in. And I know right now it doesn't help you feel better, but like this was, this is a mild wind in your in your growth as a human that I totally get. If you guys aren't compatible on that level, don't go further at all, and I'm sure it hurts for both of you and sucks for both of you. And I'm gonna stop talking because I'm not even sure what I can even ask. But that really sucks.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can ask that.
Speaker 2: I do feel good about the fact that I finally found someone who gave me hope that there are good men out there, but it sucks all the more because of that, again, because I was blindsided in thinking that this was this was it?
Speaker 4: Did you want you convert? Was that it?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 3: You know, really, like, I don't think that would have mattered.
Speaker 4: Was he practicing or born or both? Important? Okay, so does he practice Judaism? Was that it was that's more the.
Speaker 2: Culture thing, not as much practicing, which is why, like when we had conversations about it, it kind of really threw me because I didn't see that at all.
Speaker 3: And that's why when we were.
Speaker 2: To have conversation about it, I thought were on the same page, But as you know, we got more serious and stuff, it just became that that's going to be more important for him in the future.
Speaker 4: I suppose does he want to find a Jewish wife?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think good job by him. Because this definitely could have gone a lot farther and he could have pulled that thread a little later, which would have been even harder. I think, good job by you by picking somebody that was worth the crap. It still very much sucks, and I'm very sorry because I know you were, like you're fundamentally you are excited about the future, and that's you'll look back at this as big time growth, big time growth. You can't write now, it sucks, It really sucks. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of people out there that can relate to this particular topic, which also makes it harder and really hard for me to understand.
Speaker 15: But I do.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: I am really happy that one day I can look at this scenario and know that I found somebody that was good, and I now can see out there that there is going to be good.
Speaker 4: I think this is actually something that happens more than you think. And I'm not saying you're specific Jewish and Christian, but I think there are a lot of couples that struggle with again I use the word like fundamental foundation, that they don't come from that same spiritual background or even same religion, and they have to figure a way to make it work. I have very close friends that have gone through some extremely difficult times because they do have like a They even call it like a split. I think interfaith, and it's it's it's it's difficult, but it's again, it's really great that you guys identified that now because it just worked before. It's been way way, way way harder.
Speaker 6: And then you sharing right now, even as hard as it is, it may prompt conversations that other people need to have, like hearing this, Like, even though it's painful and hard, somebody listening right now is going to be encouraged of like, oh, this is a conversation that I haven't had yet in my relationship and I maybe need to do it, and it may help them get through either whatever direction they're going to go. It's a conversation that sometimes people avoid or don't realize till it gets too late and they're like, oh, shoot, we didn't discuss this, and what if we want to have kids and then how are we going to raise them?
Speaker 5: And you know it's snowballs.
Speaker 4: So is there a chance you guys have a discussion about it later and change your minds?
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 2: So we had a follow up conversation after the breakup happened, and he seemed very sure in his decision. So I don't think there's anything that I could have done or could do differently for him, and that sucks for me. But I do still believe he's a great human, which also sucks.
Speaker 4: And two things can be true at the same time. One, this is just sucks. I'm really sorry because it sucks and your heart hurts, and hate that for you as a person. But it also I think is a good thing that it happened now and not later after you lived with each other and made it even harder, which would then make if you did decide to get married and keep hunting it kicking the can got dang, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Could have made it so much worse. So I am thankful for that.
Speaker 4: Well, well, he hurts really bad, right, I'm sure it dies. Sorry Morgan, And I know Lunchbox his eyes got big because he was going to be like love Bomb told you, but it wasn't that at all. And then you know, he pays eyes got you know, and he lowered his head down real quick because he say anything.
Speaker 12: I got a couple theories.
Speaker 4: There are theories to have she told you what happened? This is I don't even know that. I don't even know.
Speaker 5: It's too soon.
Speaker 6: This is why, right at the beginning on like lunchbox, I looked at him and I was like, lunch fox.
Speaker 8: No, maybe that's why he looks.
Speaker 6: She's clearly in pain right now mid segment, Yeah, right at the beginning, did you see I looked back and I go lunchbox because I knew he was about to just like go in.
Speaker 4: What's one, what's happen?
Speaker 10: What's One of the theories part of my just hearing her talk is he got cold feet about the moving in because she said we were about to move in together, and so he looked for the one thing that he knew.
Speaker 12: He could use as the excuse because.
Speaker 10: She said they had multiple conversations about it and they were on the same page. So I think the moving in like freaked him out.
Speaker 4: Well, let's go to Morgan. Morgan, your theory, your thoughts on that theory.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was that because he's the one who brought it up. I was never I was never pursuing that. That was never something that I pushed, and it came very naturally into the conversation, and he was very consistent.
Speaker 3: There was even like a moment.
Speaker 2: Where I was like, I'm not getting rid of any of my stuff because we're not married and I'm not going there. I don't want to do this, and he assured me that this is this is happening, and we were moving forward. So there was no part of me that believed the cold feat thing was going to happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's one theory, get it out.
Speaker 10: Second second theory she does get out of the way is that he had been waiting to meet me, and then now that he did, he was like.
Speaker 4: All right, I can break up that one. I can probably sign Yeah, because I met a lot of us.
Speaker 10: I met him a week and a half ago, and then it's like, all right, now that I got to meet Lunchek.
Speaker 4: And so the whole relationship he was just using her to get to you sounds like it.
Speaker 10: I mean, he did ask me if I wanted to go run with him.
Speaker 4: That's the one, guys, I can kind of again, I kind of believe Morgan. It really sucks. We're laughing now because we're just trying to lighten it up a little bit. But weaker people have gotten through harder things and you're gonna crush this, You're gonna grow from it, you're gonna learn from it. You didn't pick a loser. And I think, as funny as that sounds for me to say, like that shows your growth and I'm sorry it happened, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Will say, there's a moment for me this weekend as I'm trying to process everything, I was my dog that you had mentioned that my new foster, Sunshine got adopted, and I was taking her to her new home, and I looked at her and I was like, you're so special, and I know this is scary, and I know that you're afraid of what's to come, but this is going to be so beautiful for you. And as I was telling her that, I was like, with a crap I'm doing? Why can I say that to her? But I can't say it to myself right now? And there was some healing in that. So that was kind of a bright spot amongst all of this as well.
Speaker 4: Would it help you if we promoted your podcast at least you gets extremely in the podcasts from this. I think that would be a good, good idea. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Morgan. The name of your podcast.
Speaker 3: Is Take This Personally?
Speaker 4: What it's the name of her podcast.
Speaker 10: Ye, maybe he took something personally from the podcast so dumb.
Speaker 4: Maybe here with the theory he wanted to meet you. Check out Morgan's podcast Take This Personally. We care about you. You're gonna be fine. It sucks right now and that's okay, and it should suck right now.
Speaker 10: Are you back on Hunge a weekend like lunch.
Speaker 1: Fun, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: The hottest of hot songs this year was the collaboration between Ella Langley and Riley Green You Look Like You Love Me, And if you have not managed to hear that song this year, props to you, but also maybe turn on your phone.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what's happening there.
Speaker 2: Go listen to that one particularly, but we had Ella Langley in studio to talk all about the collaboration and how it happened, and then Riley Green came in and they performed the song together. So I can't put their performance here, but you can watch that on our YouTube page.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear the interview with Ella and then a little bit with Riley as well.
Speaker 1: Number four, there we go on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 4: Now, Ella Langley, Ell, I became a big fan. Just buy TikTok. I mean you pop it up algorithm because obviously I have a lot of country music and algorithm and it's been really cool to watch it organically, like especially this song just become a monster.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What does that felt like to you? Is like more people recognizing you, more people will come in when you're playing, Like, what's been happening?
Speaker 16: Well, I've wanted to do this my whole entire life. This isn't something I just kind of stumbled upon and was like, yeah, I like playing guitar or I love singing, Like this is just like it's it's like a limb. It's just something I was always gonna do this, and I've been working really hard at it for a minute. I moved here five years ago, and before that, I was going to school at Auburn And you went to sold A really Yeah, yeah, I went for the two years when I went to school. Yeah, and then I dropped out and moved here. But yeah, I just play a lot of cover gigs. I started out restaurants, I mean literally every kind of gig you can play.
Speaker 15: I've done it. Whatever you can travel therein. I've done that.
Speaker 4: Too, Like just traditional someone moves to Nashville with a dream. You're playing anything you can play to make money, to survive so you can chase the bigger dream. But then this song hits so hard again, I would just start singing it forgetting where I would even ever have heard it? Yeah, because it would pop up and not just in your videos, would start to be used in other places too. I just wonder what that feels like when something starts to build wherever it starts to build, do you actually, day to day feel again more people pursuing like your music or is it like, man, I know it's blowing up, but I'm really not seeing it yet.
Speaker 15: No, I'm seeing it. I'm seeing it.
Speaker 16: It's this song is crazy, That's what I was saying. I've been doing this for so long, and it's been a slow climb, and I've put out single after single and kind of just organically grown fans. But this song, it's the things it's done and we didn't even plan on. This song was never supposed to leave my audio recordings on my phone. I wrote it as a joke with Aaron ray Tier first and then the label heard it and loved it, and then Riley asked us on tour, and him and I just kind of being from the same area, growing up on the same kind of music, and I was thinking maybe we could do it out in the road.
Speaker 15: That's why I asked him to do it.
Speaker 16: And I was like, hey, just kind of write the second verse how you would respond to a girl coming up to you in the bar like that.
Speaker 4: What I like about it is it's so old school talkie singing, which very much hapened in the forties fifties. Like it's sounds super super super traditional with people that aren't born in the forties in the fifties. Is that probably why it wasn't supposed to be more than a voice recording, because you're thought, I don't know, well, anybody even think this is a legitimate song.
Speaker 15: No, I think it's just kind of more I'm drunking. I'm really you know, it's.
Speaker 16: Kind of silly, you know, But yeah, I guess it's it's a little bit of a risk, you know, just because it's not something it's not the popular thing to do, you know, and traditional country is only just now kind of coming back.
Speaker 15: So yeah, I don't know, but I grew up on it.
Speaker 16: I love it, and I'm just kind of doing what I love to do and not what I think other people think they want me to do.
Speaker 4: Did anybody suggest that you change some of when you recorded it, some of like the talking parts of the song. Yeah.
Speaker 16: We went back and forth a lot on it, on singing, singing it, on all kinds of different things. I never wanted to sing. I never wanted a song. I'm never going to release a version where it's a song.
Speaker 15: It's awesome, I have that.
Speaker 16: My argument to the label was every other song I've put out sings the verses, so can I not just have one that doesn't?
Speaker 4: And that's why it sticks out so much though, right?
Speaker 16: Yeah, well that I mean start a girl walking up to a guy in a bar. You know, It's like that's also not a common thing in country, well not over the past ten years. Now recently it has been. But yeah, so I don't know. It's kind of a risky thing to do, but it's it's crazy to see the reaction. It's I just started my first headlining tour and it's a little nerve racking to have such a viral song and wonder are they going to be here just for that. But I put out the my debut record, which is what You Look Like You Love Me came off of, and they're singing every word to every song. It's crazy. They're listening to the whole thing and it's just wild. It's like, just watch my dreams come true.
Speaker 4: It's that one viral thing though they get them to even pay attention to the rest, right.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Well it's also cool too, just a lot of these fans are not just the song, but you know, I saw you out with Randy Hawser that was my first tour three years ago, or I saw you John Party, or I saw all your Riley or you know, it's a lot of these fantasy that we've grown through playing so many shows over the years and just working hard that way. But yeah, the it's wild to see when that song went.
Speaker 15: We did it in Hyde Park too.
Speaker 16: That was probably the wildest time thus far. It's fifty thousand people, that's crazy. We opened it for Morgan and it was just crazy.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 16: Probably the first time I had seen a crowd a matt like a massive amount of people sing words that I had written. And for it to be fifty thousand people in the UK was it's just hard to I don't know, it's hard to put into words on us. I remember I had my ears in because when you're way way out there, the slap back was so bad, so it's like you can't keep up with the drum. You gotta keep your ears in, so it's hard to hear the crowd. And I kind of remember walking back to being like that was crazy, you know. I just like I don't know if I registered anything, and I was like walking back thinking like just a normal time of us singing the song and everyone that was like on both of our teams. I was like, was that crazy? And they showed me back the video and I mean Riley both watched it and it was just like massive, So I think that's what when we both realized it was like the song is doing something ridiculous.
Speaker 4: And also, I mean Riley's a massive star and he's like perfect for the song as well. Yeah, like all the stars kind of aligned with him, going yea, I'll do the song. That's cool. And he's also a big star and it works with him. Yeah, what was the ad? How did you ask him?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 4: Hey, you want to do this song?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: Text on a version of it. Was it always a duet? No?
Speaker 16: I mean, like I said, I wrote it just for fun. I mean it wasn't like.
Speaker 4: You didn't write it for fun, like another a duet.
Speaker 16: No, no, no, no, I just I just I was just listening to it after we cut it. It was not going to be a duet right when we first cut it, but Riley asked us on tour right around the same time. So I don't know, I just I just thought of the idea. I was like, God, what if we asked Riley to sing the second verse and then we could do it on the road. And obviously I didn't think it would just do what it's doing now. It's hard to expect something like this.
Speaker 5: But so did you have a second verse before he came in?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Yeah, and that's what I'm singing out on the Actually, we wrote a lot of verses when we wrote the song. We just kind of giggled and wrote as many verses as we had in this, and then we just picked our favorite ones. So I kind of throw those alt verses in the live show right now.
Speaker 15: I usually start off with, like, before there was a.
Speaker 16: Main named Riley Green singing this song and then all the girls were like and then I'm like, ah, I was singing the second verse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really do do it with me. He turned it down, so I was just jealous us.
Speaker 16: Yeah, well really my manager, Bradley Jordan, he's he's kind of he's the reason I met Riley and he's just helped a lot of artists coming up. But he showed it to him honestly. And then uh, and then yeah, I think actually I played a show with Riley and I went on his bus and I said, I think My first line was Riley, Uh, do you like making money? That was my first pick up. That was my first line. And didn't know he was going to do anything from there, but so I started.
Speaker 4: And now he now here it is he makes money, does it makes it? Makes it anyway, but they make makes more now, which is always fun. I'm being told that Riley just arrived. Riley, Riley Green has entered the building. So why don't we take a break, Ella, Langley's here? Is that true? Scuba is Riley here?
Speaker 9: He's in the green room.
Speaker 4: Okay, Riley Green has entered the building. Wow, there there, there's underwear being thrown at him as he walks down we don't even know. There's nobody else in the whole building. Underwear still landing on his head. We'll be back in one second. We'll get Riley in studio. You guys will perform it. Yeah, all right, back in one second. Okay. So Ella Langley's here, Riley Green has entered the room. Riley, good to see buddy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Thanks for coming up. And so I think what we'll do first, if you don't mind why, I would love to hear the song live and then we can just talk a little more. You guys get with that, okay. So this is the song that I love. I've been playing on the show and I sometimes sing it and wonder where did I hear it and then realize it was on like nine different videos from nine different people. And this is called you Look Like You Love Me. It's Ella Langley and Riley Green.
Speaker 17: Oh.
Speaker 18: I'm sorry we can't post a live performance on the podcast, but if you.
Speaker 12: Go to our YouTube page you can watch it.
Speaker 4: There or maybe listen live.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, now back to the podcast.
Speaker 4: How many times do you think you got to play that together?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 18: First time?
Speaker 9: It's great?
Speaker 17: Good?
Speaker 16: Hey, I don't think we've done it the same time twice. It's the same way twice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, over on over fifty now at this point, can you like it? Because again when you I'm not good with numbers, but I would say tune okay, so well yeah, okay, see I'm not good with that.
Speaker 15: I don't know, probably like us together.
Speaker 18: Probably like I'll say you, it's gotten louder every time we've played it, which has been really fun to watch.
Speaker 4: Why'd you say yes to the song?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 18: Away was like Della, She's in Alabama, very very country, uh musically and and spiritually, and we just grew up the same way.
Speaker 4: Bradley Jordan, her.
Speaker 18: Her managers, a really good buddy of mine, and he kind of put me on tour. And I just like to see good folks do well, and and she was on tour with me. I thought it made a lot of sense. I thought the song was fun. Had no clue it was a giant hit.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 18: I thought Talking Versus was probably a little too old school, a little too traditional. But how cool is it that a song that's this country is doing this well?
Speaker 4: You know, when did you start to notice, oh crap, this is this is a monster like, did it randomly ever, just come up or were your people decidting you know, like, well, no, I mean.
Speaker 18: I've never had any type of I guess what you would call is like viral, you know, and this song is really like viral. I mean I can barely work TikTok. I don't really know how that works, but it's just everywhere. So you'd get your phone out and it was every scroll. Would you hear this song playing? So I guess that was kind of the eye opening thing about it. But certainly playing it at a show, I think maybe yeah. I mean some of the stuff I would just go to randomly bring all up when we would do a couple of songs together and we did this one of a couple of times, and you just didn't take long.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. That's so cool that because it organically happened, right like you. Yeah, and any creator, any musician and the artist, you're always one really special piece of content away from having a real shot going viral. You never know what it can be. And there are people that it's it's a weird dynamic because you know, you're like, you don't want to give it too much power, but also if it's really good and nobody's given it a chance. Sometimes the chance is right here, like there's a platform that is able to be used. And I think this is one of those examples of five hundred executives are going to hear that song and go like, well, you just said, Riley, it's maybe this little too old school. We're probably not going to invest any money. However, the people freaking loved it, and that's what makes all the difference in it.
Speaker 6: And now after you wrote it, you're like, I don't know that anybody I'll ever hear this.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, I mean I just kind of like my whole goal for Rotten Song was just to honestly, this is just one also playing a lot of rounds in town, is to just have a song where like no one's listening, they're all talking to Maybe they'd laugh a little bit because I'm talking in the verses, you know, but yeah, some of my hands. And she works on my on my team, and she heard it and she just was like, dude, you've gotta You've got to send this in And I just fought it for so long.
Speaker 4: So this is the first time you put it up that people reacted to it or it take a few times.
Speaker 15: No, No, it did not. It just wasn't that hard.
Speaker 16: Like I just posted one, Uh, we were out on the roads, I think on the West coast towards the end of the tour, and I just posted like a video of me doing the verse and that's it, and it just that's kind of what started it. And then I did one other video of just me singing the chorus and that's the sound that everyone's been using. But then whenever we did Red Rocks and posted us that he's actually on the song. And then yeah, when we did it for the show the last day of the tour too.
Speaker 4: So I'm a sports nerd and I was and I like sports memorabilia. This is gonna be a This is how I heard the song the first time, as I was watching this sports memorabilia being broken. The song's playing in the background, and I'm like, it sounds like Riley. I don't know who the girl is. What is that song? I hear it as a background sound when I'm watching them freaking break signed helmets. And so I've searched for a couple of things I heard. That's where I heard it. Then it was so ubiquitous, just existing everywhere. Then that's when I started to play here but like congratulations, Like it's something that's so awkwardly awesome that it makes all the bit of sense, and it's why it resonates so much because it doesn't sound like everything else. Yeah, and it's good.
Speaker 16: Well, I think it's also like kind of for this next record. I'm already working on it, but just like the creative freedom I have now, just it's like there's literally no singing in the verses, and his songs on radio doing well right now in as Wild, So I kind of feel like it's kind of ripping the structure out of my head a little bit and just doing what feels good.
Speaker 4: I mean when I think about like Conway Loretta, because they were awesome and they did their music together. They do funny songs, they do talkie songs, they do singing songs. That's what it kind of feels like to me. It's here, Yeah, so yeah, it's you know those song the reason archt Yeah, Riley, I was talking about your on social media. I didn't know you're gonna be here, and at one point I was like, I want everybody to make sure that they know this is a compliment but I was talking about how your everybody knows you're a star and you have a lot of hits, but I don't think people understand the amount of megastar you are at shows. Meaning what I compared it to is you have a lot of number one songs, a lot, and you have a very successful career. But any other people that I know that have had that many number one songs, they don't have the crowds that you have. And I was talking about the only other artist I've seen do it like this kind of low key megastar it is Kane Brown, who it took forever for people to understand the Caine had built this following that it was selling out arenas until people are like, oh yeah, I can't, but that's you now. And I think what you're doing is on such a level and people don't even understand the level that's on right now. And I just want to like congratulate you and celebrate you because you are You're killing it. So I was talking about you a little bit on it.
Speaker 18: Well, I took it as a compliment regardless of how you meant it when I heard it, So I appreciate the kind words and uh uh it's man, it's it's it's a wild time. I think it has to do with a lot of putting out a lot of music.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 18: I've got a lot of songs that haven't been on the radio that people seem to know. And and you know, the song with l is a great example of you just never know what somebody's gonna latch onto.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: I thought the.
Speaker 18: Chorus was catchy, you know, in the in the song, and maybe it'd be a little bit of an earworm. But to see it be as big of a song it is, it's proves you never know. And uh, you know, writing from where you come from and hopefully people can relate to it. And I think that's what Ella does really well. And uh, it's working really well for us right now. So I'm blessed to be out here doing it.
Speaker 9: Are you?
Speaker 4: Are you on the road every weekend? Now?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I thought I was on the road today.
Speaker 4: You are on the road? Wake up, Wake up? Right now.
Speaker 18: I had to come play a guitar gig today for.
Speaker 15: And guitar player.
Speaker 9: That's how big the song is.
Speaker 4: I'm playing guitar Ella Langley. And by the way, Ella's album is out. It's it's called Hungover. It came out in August, so hopefully you hear this song. And what it does is you go, oh, I like that. Let me go check out some other stuff. That's the great thing about something popping is that people check out the other stuff. If they playing Yeah and Riley Green, maybe you've heard of him a big deal.
Speaker 5: So does the line work, though.
Speaker 4: It depends what. It depends with what the girl looks like, I drunk the guy is. That's generally what I'm.
Speaker 16: Waiting to hear about. Like you know, you're that pickup line got us married? Yes, I'm ready for that, or.
Speaker 15: You just you see this kid right.
Speaker 4: Here, except it's like you see this kid, We're not married, But thank you I said that. Yeah, Ella Riley, thank you guys for coming in. Appreciate congratulations, looking forward to Ellis and a whole lot more.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 4: There they are, Ellen Riley, it's.
Speaker 1: The best bits of the week. With more, we're getting number two.
Speaker 2: Everybody's had something happen where they've gotten locked out of somewhere, but locked in is the kind of different story.
Speaker 3: And this happened to Amy.
Speaker 2: She got locked in her bedroom at her house and could have maken it into the show, and so it became this whole thing that played out on air.
Speaker 7: Number three, breaking news, breaking news, my first Morna studio more.
Speaker 4: Now, if you did not hear a special Amy voice, there's reason why she's not here. What is happening? Oh no, it's funnier and worse than you think, but funnier. First breaking news, hitting against herself, breaking it, breaking news. This has never happened. So before I come into work and get a text from Amy and there's no there's no letters or words in the text. It's just a video. And I'm like, oh boy, what's happened here? And so Amy sends me a video and all you see is inside her bedroom and her door, and this is the she's not here. This is the video she sends me.
Speaker 19: Literally locked in my room. I'm trying to leave and we can knocket out and I don't know how it's happened or why, and my children are.
Speaker 14: Not coming from me.
Speaker 15: What.
Speaker 4: So I'm watching her. She can't get her doorknob, doorknob open, she's locked in her bedroom, inside her room. Oh no, And so I'm laughing and I'm like, first of all, you know how you're flustered if you're late, like the clock's little late, you're like, oh my god, how am I going to catch up? First of all, I call her and I say, remove any fluster because I know you're gonna feel like that because you're coming in late. I said. Second of all, this is hilarious. So I'm texting with her as I'm getting ready coming in and I say uh ha ha, oh no, and then I write window question mark and she goes, my room's upstairs, second floor. Oh, I said, battering ram. Yes, And I said, are the kids there? Because it's so early, you can wake them up? I said nine to one one question mark. Do we need to have lunchbox?
Speaker 6: Came?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yes, I said, prayer like, I'm giving her all these options and how to break out of her room. She said, her son, Stevenson, is now awake trying to help. I said, don't worry about work, don't stress out about it. You're gonna be fine, And this is gonna be good content if that makes you feel any better. So then she sends me another video. Here we go. He should be able to hear a little clip that's Stevenson, and.
Speaker 9: That shouldn't work.
Speaker 1: But it's not working, don't budget in.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not. I feel like I'm getting close to within it.
Speaker 4: They're trying to like pick the lock now her son, it's thirteen or fourteen. Now, it's like going, okay, we're trying to pick pick and she's like, got me too.
Speaker 8: I love how he's taking charge too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he like passed or something under the door, like a like a little paper clip. But unless you like know how to do it, you've only seen it on TV and you don't know how to do it, right. I've seen credit cards even that, right, Like, here's a Amy's trapped in her room right now. Hilarious, hilarious, that's great.
Speaker 12: What that's great for?
Speaker 4: I meant more time? Both okay, cool, but just break it down. I said she should knocked the doorknob off, Like how do you do that? You get a book or something and go whack and knock out.
Speaker 8: You see that's in the movies too.
Speaker 19: I don't know.
Speaker 20: I think I could knock a doorknob off, Like at that point, just kick the door open, kick a.
Speaker 9: Hole through it.
Speaker 4: Problem with the door, Oh, kick a hole through it?
Speaker 12: Yeah, and then climb through.
Speaker 4: That's that's a big hole. You just get a new door. I hear you. But I would knocked the door knob off before I would get a new door. But the problem with kicking the door not a hole, but like kicking it open. The door opens from the inside right, so someone on the other side would have to kick it open.
Speaker 20: Okay, Stevenson kick Now we should call her in a minute. Okay, is she still stuck in there?
Speaker 8: Like right now?
Speaker 4: An updated three minutes ago, she was still stuck in her room. This has never happened. We've been doing this show for one hundred years. It feels like like I met Amy twenty years ago. No one has ever been locked in their house. It almost feels hilarious, like can you actually get locked inside of somewhere?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: It's like when someone's like, I'm locked inside my car. No, just pull the door handle when you're inside, you just pull the handle into unlocked.
Speaker 8: See. It sounds like they're working hard open then, and it's not moving.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna call her if she doesn't, let me check and see if she texted. Oh man, ray, can you get her on the phone.
Speaker 9: Yep?
Speaker 12: Hilarious.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I was laughing out loud. And that's why. I wanted to call her to be like, don't feel like you're late and flustered, because there's a lot of stuff that her and I do that she does before the show, lots of local liners and country minute for night shows, and I was like, don' worry about it. We'll take care of all that. So I've been doing a lot of her work, and I'm happy to do it because it's so hilarious.
Speaker 8: Out of all the things, I didn't expect this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is too good. Let that car right, let's.
Speaker 8: Fender bender?
Speaker 12: No, the major her driving.
Speaker 4: Ro got thought ten car pile up, multiple fatalities. Wait, what the h did you notice she wasn't here? Though, Yes, you didn't, okay because her car wasn't here.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, I just sitting at her chair.
Speaker 4: Security guy asked me, have you seen Amy? I said no, Oh, I didn't tell him? My bad, My bad.
Speaker 8: Probably tell him?
Speaker 4: Well I didn't. Yeah, I was laughing so hard.
Speaker 12: She should send her son to the neighbors.
Speaker 4: This is also, this is what people should do if you're late to work. Do this.
Speaker 20: Yeah, thank you, I thought of it. No, No, when you were telling the story, I'm like, this is Genie you can't.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think it for you to do it tomorrow. No, you can't do that.
Speaker 12: Look, Bobby, I'm stuck.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we're gonna try to call Amy. This is a new situation. After twenty years, we've never had this happen. We can appreciate it for that.
Speaker 10: Yes, if she's still stuck, we're calling nine one one because we don't want her to starve.
Speaker 4: And how she dedicated a pea corner in her room, that's a great point because she had there's probably a bathroom in her bedroom. It doesn't matter. You still need a pea corner. If you're trapped anywhere, you need a pea corner. We're going live to Amy's house if you did not wake up. And here the beginning of the show, Amy is locked in her bedroom, right. Would you play that beginning clip again? Because this is what she texted me before I even came into work.
Speaker 19: This morning, literally locked in my room.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to leave it. I can walk it out, and.
Speaker 19: I don't know how it's happened or why my children.
Speaker 4: So you see here like trying to unlock the doors, like I can't get out, and I say jump out the window. She goes, I'm on the second story. So Amy, are you safe? First of all, are you safe? And have you found a pea corner in your room to make sure that you can still go to the bathroom.
Speaker 17: Well, I have a bathroom in my room.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter. I think you still need a peak cars a bathroom.
Speaker 17: No, I have the dog and the cat, and I think they are the ones that need use the bathroom. So's got to figure that out. And yeah, help actually is here working on it. So my kids I banged and screamed loud enough to where they woke up and tried to help and put in. But I called some people and so they're actively working on it right now.
Speaker 4: By actively working, can you hear them on the other side of the door.
Speaker 17: Yes, like you can hear them working on the other side of the door, Like they're doing like different things, like I don't know. I think I just heard like go get a card, like there's.
Speaker 4: Some credit cards, threw driver cards. Little.
Speaker 17: I don't know if you can hear.
Speaker 4: That, but we can. I thinks breaking in your house.
Speaker 12: She sounds fammined.
Speaker 4: Oh no, lunchbox wants to know if you're starving, if you somehow get food to you.
Speaker 17: Well, I'm about to start having my caffeine headache, so I need coffee with drawer setting in. I need to uh somehow get that. And then I have organized my bathroom and my closet and my dad is Sometimes in the morning I make my bed fully. I always make my bed, but this morning I definitely did little, like just kind of sort of made my bed. But now it is made.
Speaker 4: Perfectly goami with the sheets folded up into like birds and swans. Yeah do you feel safe? Blink twice if you don't, like we can see her right?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 12: Was there ever a thought of kicking down the door.
Speaker 17: I don't know that it would be possible. I don't know, but now I'm for sure going to buy one of those little ladder things that you throw out your window because this is necessary.
Speaker 4: Would you actually have thrown the ladder out and crawled down just to get to work?
Speaker 17: I think yes, I could do that easy. I was already already figured out. I was on Amazon a minute ago trying to figure out what to order and which win do I throw it out of? Like now I need to be prepared.
Speaker 4: Amazon p got it already.
Speaker 8: Yeah, same day?
Speaker 4: What about Have you thought about calling the fire department?
Speaker 17: Yes, And I kind of thought, what if that is how I meet somebody?
Speaker 4: Could you imagine she's oh, he comes up, sweeps away, go to work because they make love all morning?
Speaker 17: No wait, whoa? That escalated quickly storyline.
Speaker 12: That's that's what happens in the movie.
Speaker 4: And he's wearing his suit but no shirt underneath, and the suits on the.
Speaker 17: Okay, no, I was thinking maybe we go to dinner. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got sets higher than that.
Speaker 17: Okay, dinner, Okay, Well, I don't know. I feel like they're making progress. So I'm supposed to like turn the knobs for seconds, so.
Speaker 4: You'll want to hold I never turned the knob to get out of the right. She just never opened the power.
Speaker 17: Okay, all right, well they need my assistant, so I'll do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go live. Yeah what we are live? I mean okay, okay, we're going to listen to Amy's locked in her bedroom ahead, and then what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 17: Like we're to the left, Okay, I'm turning it to the left. What is that thing you're sticking through there?
Speaker 4: That's dirty? That's called aire fighter. No, that's called a glory hole. Don't touch it. Don't got a.
Speaker 12: Question that she she had a door expert.
Speaker 9: Who is this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like on a pond stars. She knows a guy. Okay, do she knows the door expert?
Speaker 17: Okay? Wait, I'm turning to the left, my last or your left?
Speaker 8: Oh my god?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 21: Let go?
Speaker 4: Okay, No, does sound good? Guys, I've heard a lot of doors open. Don sound like that?
Speaker 8: Amy? Can they unscrew the doorknob?
Speaker 4: Just knock the doorknob off and didn't get a new doorholl That's what I would have done.
Speaker 17: They already tried to screw the unscrewed You watch Language World in the morning, literally unscrew it?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 9: Got it?
Speaker 12: So, Amy, did you call a locks Let's just so worried.
Speaker 4: He's going through puberty right now?
Speaker 17: Amy, I called oh h.
Speaker 4: In He said, Yeah, she's just looking to meet anybody. I think the door is not even broken. She's finding a way to call every dude in town. I called a local heart surgeon who I read with single Instagram?
Speaker 17: Wait, so do I pull it?
Speaker 4: What if the door has always been a pull? She's trying to push the whole time.
Speaker 17: Well, we're gonna try to block.
Speaker 14: Where is the where it goes?
Speaker 12: Okay, wow, woman, that sure does It doesn't sound like a man.
Speaker 17: Okay, shaman, do you have your phone?
Speaker 8: She's like, call it handy man.
Speaker 4: Here Okay, she broke out. Amy's trying to get out of her bedroom. She's not at work because she's been locked in her room.
Speaker 17: Who who's on the other side You've.
Speaker 8: Been talking to him?
Speaker 4: No, su there's a hole cast of characters on the other side of the hand. Oh, listeners are stopping by.
Speaker 14: Oh, I just.
Speaker 17: Didn't know, Shannon. If you can you.
Speaker 4: We're going to come back.
Speaker 12: I feel like we're not close though, Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I feel like we're not close. Hey, Amy can ask a question, Yes, why don't you? Can you not just take a hammer and bang the doorknob off because doorknobs relatively inexpensive.
Speaker 17: Well, I just gotten new doorknob.
Speaker 4: I will buy you a right new doorknob if that's the case. If you're really hurting from doorob, well.
Speaker 17: No, but yes, I suppose you could. But it's the lock that is coming. It's somehow stuck. I don't really know they're close. They say they're close. I hear. I just heard. Oh, we're close.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're going to come back.
Speaker 8: I'm getting frustrated. I want to go help so bad.
Speaker 10: I want I want to take a hammer through the door so she can crawl through.
Speaker 12: I mean, great video of her crawling through.
Speaker 4: The She's not going to break the door knob.
Speaker 20: She's not going to kick a hole in the door. Well, let's just give it a kick. That's it, just try it.
Speaker 4: But the kick is on the inside. She needs somebody outside to kick in. Someone's out there, the handyman's out there, and so as shamming.
Speaker 17: I heard that right, right, Well, I hope both my kids left for school because they're definitely also.
Speaker 4: Playing video games right now.
Speaker 20: Totally, I'm not going to school. Are mom and mom stuck in her bedroom?
Speaker 4: We're gonna have to come back. Amy has locked in her bedroom. She's not obviously, she's going to miss the first hour of the show.
Speaker 22: I love it.
Speaker 14: Okay, hey, hey.
Speaker 4: Okay, like she's acting like somebody discovered on a deserted island.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hey, what's up with mister d voice over there?
Speaker 17: What happened? Is it broken? Well? Yeah, Okay, I need to get a new one.
Speaker 4: Okay, ask him how that happened? Like, what happened?
Speaker 14: You know how this happens?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 17: Come, you said, Noah black.
Speaker 4: Let Eddie talk to him?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, let me talk to him.
Speaker 4: Can Eddy talk to him? Yes? Okay? Is Eddie talking to us one of the.
Speaker 8: Set.
Speaker 4: We know what that means, Mike, Mike, the little thing in the middle is what it was.
Speaker 20: Okay, okay, okay, Star handle Necessita, Mississa.
Speaker 8: Oh, she needs a new chapper.
Speaker 4: Ask your she's crazy?
Speaker 8: Is that local lasson about?
Speaker 20: You know, last signor start local?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 14: See, yes, okay, okay, guys, I'm free. I'm gonna get coffee and then I'll.
Speaker 17: Come to work.
Speaker 4: Okay, no rush, Hey Amy, Amy Amy?
Speaker 17: Oh he oh. He just pointed to the phone and said that y'all are crazy.
Speaker 4: Uh tip him? Tip tip him?
Speaker 8: Well nice thanks mom, not Eddie? What do you mean, no tip?
Speaker 4: Not tip you tip tip the guy? Well, yes, of course, okay, I know. I'm just saying that because he was also on the show with us, and that's what the tips really for. Yeah, he was, yeah, all right, we'll see, we'll see in a little bit. Okay.
Speaker 17: Well, yeah, all right, last.
Speaker 4: Last she made all right by Amy, don't be right. Hey, stop and get a coffee.
Speaker 8: Hey, he's the one.
Speaker 4: Take your week time. You know, I go the long way right and she's gone. She locked out of her phone notes. Okay, well that was fun. Huh that Look who's back. She's safe. It's Amy's back. She was locked in her bedroom on the inside. Never heard of that before. But if you go listen to the podcast, you can hear us do half hour with Amy locked in her room. Her kid can't get her out, her friend can't get her out. Finally a handyman comes and gets her out. Handyman doesn't know English, so Eddie translates Amy's out and she's safe. We were so worried, and wow are we Yeah? We worried, Yeah, Queen, we were so worried.
Speaker 6: You're very grateful for everybody that woke up to try to help me.
Speaker 8: No problem.
Speaker 4: When I saw the when her when she just texted me a video before I got to work early early, no text involved, just a video. I was like, oh my god, because why would somebody just send a video that early unless something is wrong? And Ray, would you play just the beginning clip for listeners that missed it.
Speaker 19: Literally locked in my room. I'm trying to leave and I can knot get out, and I don't know how it's happened or why my children don't any.
Speaker 4: From me, and said that for thirty minutes, and I like this. She blamed her children.
Speaker 6: She's like, they're not coming for me, they're fully awake yet. And I'm banging on the walls being like childread the.
Speaker 4: Kids probably like mom, probably have somebody over again. Just kidding, Joe, Joe a terrible joke, kind of funny but terrible. A minute, okay, thank you, terrible kind of funny thing. Amy's back, so that's all.
Speaker 8: Thank goodness.
Speaker 4: She's safe. The door locked monster got her, but she led, yeah, tell us about it, and you got.
Speaker 8: The bad news though, you're gonna get a new door, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah a lock, right, just a whole new door.
Speaker 4: You have sold all those other doors.
Speaker 5: Not a whole new door.
Speaker 4: FA marketplace.
Speaker 7: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 2: There was a long standing segment on our show that was existing for several months of twenty twenty four where Bobby wanted to send Eddie to Turkey to get a hair transplant well, and he didn't really want to go to Turkey, you know, travel to another country and.
Speaker 3: All that stuff.
Speaker 2: So it then evolved into him getting a hair system, which is the modern version of a two pay and it looked really, really good. But now it's evolved where Eddie doesn't even have the hair system just unfortunately for me, it sits in between our desk on our studio equipment, which is kind of gross. You're gonna hear the moment here where Eddie got his hair system, because it was a huge moment and shocked all of us to.
Speaker 3: See Eddie with this full thing of hair when we've only known him one way.
Speaker 4: Number two in studio right now, Julie Taylor, owner of Jbanks Salon and Nashville Hair Replacement, Am I saying that? Right? Okay, so Julie, we're here because Eddie is.
Speaker 11: I'm here to make Eddie look ten years younger.
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can we do fifteen?
Speaker 11: I could do fifteen? Is that what you typically see with It's air amazing and the confidence that they shine through after they get hair, they feel like themselves again.
Speaker 4: I have so many questions, and so let's roll through some questions because what's gonna happen is we're gonna let Eddie and Julie go off, and she's gonna because I don't let's talk about the process. But Eddie's gonna have a new head of hair today.
Speaker 8: It is amazing.
Speaker 4: So what is the process? You'll leave this room with Eddie and what do you do.
Speaker 11: It's a pretty simple process. I mean, it's non surgical hair replacements.
Speaker 4: Is that his hair you're gonna put on his head of hair?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's like a now, but you guys, it will look natural when I get it on you.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you will that won't be my hairstyle.
Speaker 11: No, that's not going to be your hairstyle. I mean, unless you want.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool, shaggy dog.
Speaker 5: You're gonna cut it it.
Speaker 11: I'm going to cut the heck out of it. Okay, it will look like a natural. It's gonna look like his hair. You will not know.
Speaker 4: So what do you do? So you will say, walk out with Eddie. When you guys do your thing. You he takes his hat off, do you like shave part of his head?
Speaker 11: I Am going to shave you a grandfa haircut today.
Speaker 4: So he looked like doctor Phil and it is h top of his head.
Speaker 11: He will for a minute, and how.
Speaker 4: Long will this thing stay on his head before like it starts to.
Speaker 11: Like fall monthly maintenance. Once a month you come to the salon.
Speaker 4: I take it off, so your haircut it is.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean that's that's all it takes to wear a system.
Speaker 8: So once that thing is on my head, that's that's my.
Speaker 11: Wig, it's yours.
Speaker 4: Do you call it?
Speaker 11: Feels like it's wig insulting A wig and two pay are insulting.
Speaker 5: I hear you're calling it a system.
Speaker 11: The technology in this it's a it's a modern men's hair system.
Speaker 20: I'm not worried though if I do a little dive off the diving board that's going to.
Speaker 8: Fall off at the pool.
Speaker 11: It will never fly off like you see in the movie.
Speaker 20: Yes, ever, I'm so excited about this, and I do drive a jeep and I love the hair in my wind idea.
Speaker 8: I've been dreaming about that.
Speaker 11: Oh, my clients live their best life with the wind in their hairy.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't you say, my clients, do you have to book them like with a buffer in between or do they mind if clients see clients you know, because they feel like Oh, they might not want to.
Speaker 4: You know, that's a good point, Like they don't want to run into somebody else who's scaring it.
Speaker 5: Do you have a thirty minute buffer?
Speaker 11: So we don't have that yet. We do have private rooms. I would say fifty percent of the clients that wear these they they want to flawn it. They don't care that people know that they're wearing it like the others.
Speaker 4: Yeah what kay right?
Speaker 11: You know other clients that the high profiles, I can do them, you know, on a day off for certain hours that the saunt are closed and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: How long have you been doing this version of your work?
Speaker 11: This version about five years?
Speaker 4: And what's the difference, because again, we've only seen movies where the people's like fall off, where you're like they're like pointing and they have no idea.
Speaker 11: This is so far past that, right, so far past it. There's so many tape and glue options. We're going to go in and go with the basic option for you, Eddie, just with with glue, and like I said, you won't even feel it. You're gonna be surprised.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we're gonna keep her on here for a second. We're with Julie Taylor. She is the owner of Jabank Salon and Nashville Hair Replacement. Are you are you trained to cut hair as well?
Speaker 11: Oh? Yeah, I do it all really but mainly this is all I do.
Speaker 4: But did you learn to cut hair though before you did?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you were a hairsty stylus. That's cool. So we're also going to link her and we're gonna put her in the podcast show notes, so you can find that the Instagram and stuff. But the website is Nashville Hair Replacement dot com. Do you have clients all over the country, all over the country, because our show is all over the country. So Nashville Hair Replacement dot com.
Speaker 11: What do we call it, Julie, Because we don't say to Pey, what do we say modern men's hair system?
Speaker 4: But if we're saying Eddie's about to get new hair, yeah, what's going to be on his head?
Speaker 11: A hair system?
Speaker 4: Okay, my system? Many to save it alone. Julie's here and Eddi's gonna have new hair with a new hair system in the next hour. So we'll do we'll do the reveal on the air and Eddie, what are your thoughts You're about to get a new hair system.
Speaker 8: I have questions.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, is that real hair?
Speaker 11: It's human hair?
Speaker 4: My gosh, what do they get their hair?
Speaker 11: I have a US manufacturer that does this, and distributor and stuff. I keep most of the hair systems in stock at the salon.
Speaker 4: One on Earth. I'm wearing somebody else's. Somebody who died and like gave you their hair, maybe like an organ. It's like somebody who just donated their hair. Wow.
Speaker 10: Like so when I donated my hair, I could have been a system on someone else.
Speaker 4: You could, but they said your hair was too gross. They used it for the oil spill, pick up the oil it was needed. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. And can people donate their hair to you or they have to go through a process, through a whole process.
Speaker 20: Dude, you can be one of something else's. That's crazy, that's crazy to think about it. It's real though, No, I know, I know, it's it's okay. So the styles can I put like gel in it, a little bit of a palmade, but.
Speaker 11: They style really easily. They've got just enough texture in them. The haircut is going to just style itself, like you know. My goal is you just run your hands through your hair and that's it.
Speaker 4: Let's just say it's a really windy day, exceptionally Wendy, any chance when we flies off.
Speaker 11: No, it's not going to fly off a crazy had people tested. I've had people surf in it and you're all kind of crazy roller coasters and stuff, and it has not.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, you're good, Eddie, your thoughts, your emotions.
Speaker 20: Right now, I'm super excited. Like, the fact that I'm going to have hair in the next few minutes is amazing.
Speaker 4: Good hair hair. Will you shure your head because we're gonna have to see it before now the pictures she's seen it. How so what do you think about that hair?
Speaker 8: I mean, that's the top.
Speaker 11: He's the perfect candidate. Wow, going to have a good hairline?
Speaker 4: Is he so good looking?
Speaker 5: Two hours?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Dang, Eddy, do you have a haircut in mind? Because you've been dreaming about this year just so much?
Speaker 20: Like I mean, I've always liked the high and tipe, but I don't know if that's still in.
Speaker 4: That's still in the high and tight, dude, I'd have a look. I have, like you some extra It's mine's not long, but there's a little like fluffy, you.
Speaker 20: Know, like so once I decide the style, though, can I choose a different one? Like if I go a little long at the beginning, can I come in and be like, I need to cut this.
Speaker 4: Off all over it?
Speaker 11: But you can't go with the opposite right because it doesn't grow?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, so that's why she goes a little shaggier. What about BedHead? Am I gonna have bed head? And you're it? Congratulations?
Speaker 17: But wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never had bed head? Like, what in a long time? Are you nervous about shaving your head?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 20: No, because once if I don't like it, I'll just shave my whole head again.
Speaker 4: You know, true, exactly, I'll just start from zero. Yep, you'll but you'll like it, but you can I'm going to love it, dude. Okay, is there a way because we'll check in, we're going to send you guys off to do your work. But is there a way that he can't see what's happening until the very end?
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's not a mirror in your office.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa. You know we want to reveal to you to also be That's like when someone puts on those color blind glasses and they start crying because I'm like, oh see color.
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, but you can't go to the You can't go to the hair salon and not look in the mirror.
Speaker 14: You can.
Speaker 6: They turn you around like I got my hair chopped off recently and I didn't see a thing until she was done styling in. It was so fun when she spun me around, like it's fun, Eddie.
Speaker 12: So do you think we know a lot of people with these on and we just don't know it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, right now I got extra vulner while I went. Look guy, yeah.
Speaker 6: That would be Have you ever had to sign like an NDA? No, not yet, but they just trust you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 20: Okay, you know what, I didn't tell my wife I'm doing this today, but she doesn't know at all. I mean she knows that I'm I was thinking about doing it, she doesn't know it's today.
Speaker 4: Then don't say anything about it. Go home, say she notices.
Speaker 8: No one's gonna notice.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're gonna let let you guys go do your work. But okay, Julie Taylor is here, which, by the way, you guys go to Nashville hair Replacement dot Com. She has clients all over the country. You know, do you travel like, do you.
Speaker 11: Do I travel some Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's see how it goes, all right, Julie, Eddie, Julie do it. You guys can do your thing. When Eddie comes back, he'll be a new man.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Hey, watch the confidence level.
Speaker 11: Fifteen years younger.
Speaker 4: I might be. I'm gonna be honest. A dude now really turned me on. I'm worried. I'm worried that you walk in and I'm turned on by it. But you know what, it's a risk I'm willing to take. All right, Eddie and Julie are hopping out. Checking back with Eddie right now. He is back in my office. He has no mirror. He is getting and what do you call it?
Speaker 5: A hair system?
Speaker 4: A hair system put on. Eddie has been bald and he's worn a hat for years and years, and he didn't want to have surgery, even though we offered him up.
Speaker 5: I really treat like hair transplant.
Speaker 4: I have a great option with a wonderful doctor. So I said, what about one of these we called it a wig or two pey. That's not what it's called. It's a system, we're told. And so Julie Taylor's back with Eddie. It's gonna take about it an hour or so, Eddie, what's happened so far?
Speaker 20: Oh, dude, I don't know, Like I've had I can't see anything. So I've heard a razor go on the top of my head.
Speaker 12: Oh she or.
Speaker 4: Wow, you got the doctor phil treatment straight up?
Speaker 20: Bold dude so much that it's like she was rubbing her hands on there, like putting glue up there, and it sounded like sandpaper.
Speaker 8: And I'm like, oh, my goodness, do.
Speaker 4: You have hair on your head as of right now? Oh?
Speaker 20: Yeah, I mean I think I can't again, So for the last like five minutes, I've had my eyes closed because Okay, there's a mirror that she's holding and I don't want to see it. So I don't really know other than I did get my system put on.
Speaker 8: There's it's glued on right now.
Speaker 4: And it's human hair, right, it's human hair that's been donated, and so it's a whole head of hair. Is she like cutting around your already hair on your head now?
Speaker 20: It's almost like I'm just getting a haircut, bones, Like I am just at the salon right now getting my haircut. I hear sprain a little scissoring there and then putting some product in there. Like it's just like I'm getting my haircut, how I mean, doing it feels awesome? Like it does feel though that like I have something on my head, like like a bean bag maybe, or.
Speaker 4: That's what we feel every day of our lives. Welcome to the party, man, Yeah, oh that's what it is. It's called hair.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Eddie is getting his hair system put on right now. Which, by the way, social media influencers made Julie Taylor like a big deal because people were getting it done and then posting it and she blew up nationally. Oh wow, okay, and her website is Nashville hair Replacement dot com. In mere minutes, what's up, Eddie?
Speaker 8: This is amazing, dude.
Speaker 4: In mere minutes, Eddie's gonna walk in and he hasn't even seen it yet.
Speaker 6: This is like that TV show, remember, I mean it was that well yeah that or what this was awful. I didn't like the show, but yeah, they were like they called him like the little duckling and then they emerged and they were a swan in front of the mirror.
Speaker 8: And got nice.
Speaker 4: Well that too, they did like teeth and plastic.
Speaker 5: Surg Yeah, no, I mean it was extreme.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be our swan, Eddie. You're about to be a swan. You haven't told your wife.
Speaker 8: No, I didn't tell her that I was doing this today.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll check back with Eddie. Eddie able to do? Tell me something good from back there? Yeah, dude, okay, of course, we'll check with Eddie. In just a few minutes. It's that time. Eddi's about to walk in. He has not seen his hair yet. The thing is, Lunchbox is gonna laugh for regardless.
Speaker 10: This is gonna be incredible, just because I'm used a bald boot.
Speaker 4: So Eddie has a new hair system, right, Julie, I said that, right, Yep, yep, Julie Taylor's been here for over an hour working with Eddie. You shaved his head completely bald with a razor or clippers, with.
Speaker 11: Clippers, just the grandpa haircut right in the middle.
Speaker 4: That's you know, I guess that's a grand point. I think it was like a bowl, the bowl on his head, like the ring Danny the Vito. So Eddie's gonna come in, he has not seen his hair. How do you feel about Eddie's work? Do you feel like it looks good? Like? Oh yeah, does he look does he look natural.
Speaker 11: In it looks fifteen years younger?
Speaker 4: Does he think he's going to look good?
Speaker 11: I think so. He's just you know, it's funny because he hasn't seen it yet, so he doesn't really know how it's supposed to feel.
Speaker 4: Was he awkward in there? Like didn't know what to say?
Speaker 11: It's not awkward. He was very calm and kept his eyes closed and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well did you laugh at all?
Speaker 11: There was no laughing.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, it's just our friend. Yeah, it is, and it is. However, it's I get it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 6: You gott to roast him a little bit, but you feel like this is one one of your most like successful cases. Yeah, a model after this, he really was the perfect candidate for transformation.
Speaker 12: Okay, Billboards.
Speaker 4: So at Nashville Hair Replacement dot Com, this is Julie Taylor and Eddie has not seen his own hair, nor is he going to see it when he walks in. So he's gonna sit with us first. We're going to see it.
Speaker 12: Do we want to hear it? Tell us what kind of haircuting game? Or are we just going to see it?
Speaker 17: Like?
Speaker 9: What what?
Speaker 12: What style?
Speaker 11: To prepare?
Speaker 5: You all out for its.
Speaker 4: Ring him in, bring him in. Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 5: Wow, that looks so real.
Speaker 21: Wow.
Speaker 4: I hear it looks so good and I hear it laugh. No, no, no, I wouldn't have known that was you.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 8: Okay, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Hold on, I'm telling you what fresh So this.
Speaker 8: Is not cool. Let me tell you.
Speaker 4: Let me he hasn't seen it. You look like you look like your son. Yeah, that's crazy. More than ever, it's like your sixteen year old son. You do look like your oldest son. You when you walked in, it was like, oh my wow. Oh.
Speaker 6: I put money on the fact that he's keeping this look for the rest of his life.
Speaker 5: Like, yes, you're gonna do the maintenance. There's no way you're getting rid of this.
Speaker 4: Serious, you're gonna see it, dude.
Speaker 8: Hold on, Hey, what kind of haircut do I have?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 8: What's my style?
Speaker 11: I don't even tell him.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I would say it's kind of like so I mine naturally goes forward, but sometimes on screen, on camera, I'll have to like like put it back just a little bit, and I just got to like a little cool.
Speaker 8: That's what that is, but it's long.
Speaker 20: I can like it's styled and stuff like, I haven't touched your hand, No, dud, I haven't touched it. Honestly, I was walked to the bathroom and I walked like my my neck was stiff because I didn't want to like move it. And for the first time in my life, well not first time, but in a while, I'm like, what, like it is my hair in place?
Speaker 4: Like I look good, dude, it looks real and it looks good, and no one has ever if they don't know you, no one's gonna say. I wonder if that dude has a anything on his head really legit, legit, legit. He wants to make fun of you, wants told him he can if he wants, go ahead, dude.
Speaker 12: It's hilarious because you have hair.
Speaker 10: But literally, like Bobby said, if you're a stranger, you would have no idea you were a bold fool. They would have no idea that you have a system in your hair.
Speaker 8: That's my system.
Speaker 4: You have like a side faded bit. So if I get a hair cut, it's like shorter hair and it fades up a little bit, like it's purposefully that way.
Speaker 20: I mean, I thought about telling her to do the skin tight like Lunchbox does, but that's too much.
Speaker 4: Though it's hard, it's it's well, no, it's because we only know you as one one right and a little bit. I'm attracted to you, so that's difficult. I know. Here we go. Edie's not gonna look at his new hair already and go whoa, whoa, dang.
Speaker 12: I have hair, dude, you know who.
Speaker 4: I kind of look like the dude from ted Lasso a little bit.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you wonder do you not look like your son?
Speaker 8: I mean yeah, I mean I see it.
Speaker 4: It makes sense.
Speaker 8: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Isn't that crazy? What the crap? I have here?
Speaker 20: I have hair and it looks real. This is crazy, dude. I don't know what to say do. My wife's gonna flip when I get home.
Speaker 4: I haven't told her, and you're not gonna tell her, right.
Speaker 8: No, I'm just gonna I'm just gonna show up.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, make sure the kids are out of the house. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, hopefully, Wow, Julie, question, can he touch it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you can bind your hands through it.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's like a dry like a dry I don't know what like when you can touch it?
Speaker 20: Now, gonna take a shower, Like, oh my, I don't have a bald spot on the back of my head.
Speaker 8: This is.
Speaker 12: Turn aud Let's see the back check it out, dude.
Speaker 4: Look wow, oh my god, can I touch it?
Speaker 12: That fades in.
Speaker 4: Like it's like a faded Also did a great job with the hair cut off.
Speaker 12: That's what I'm saying, Like the biten looks like legit.
Speaker 4: Eddie hasn't Eddie has his new hair? Wow?
Speaker 5: Are there even little gray hairs?
Speaker 11: I gave him.
Speaker 9: Gray a little bit.
Speaker 4: You can't You can't even tell. Am I going too hard on it? You can't even tell by the line. There's no like line.
Speaker 5: But Bobby, do you see that gray hair?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this looks like it looks like all of his hair.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, it's that's so okay.
Speaker 4: So Eddie has new Julie, you're the Picasso of heads.
Speaker 11: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 12: Hey you do look like Nate, dude, you do. Look I just wont o the pictures. I'm like, dude, they both got the big.
Speaker 4: Nose in the Okay, so you had to cut his hair that he had.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's not gonna go anywhere any.
Speaker 4: This is so what.
Speaker 11: You can give it a tug?
Speaker 4: What no, target, No, do not let him tell get because he'll no, no, no, it's it's I hear you. But this, Eddie. Okay, I gotta look at this again. He's gonna keep looking at itable.
Speaker 8: I look at myself for the rest of the day.
Speaker 4: It feels like those videos where people that are colorblind put on the color blind glasses. I can see the colors for the first time. It's pretty cool. It's really cool, dude.
Speaker 20: I'm afraid I'm gonna get into a car wreck on the way home looking in the mirror too much.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all the time.
Speaker 4: Holy crad, this is amazing.
Speaker 10: No, I need you to not keep this because I got to be able to make funny for being bold.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: I think that's I think that might be done.
Speaker 4: So here's what we're gonna do. First of all, Hey, your Instagram is it just no, not you? There's is it? Nashville Hair Replacement? Okay, okay at Nashville Hair Replacement. The website is Nashville hair Replacement dot com. This is so good, Eddie. I'll take a picture from my wife. This is magic over here. Yeah, because she is going I know she's gonna say that looks freaking awesome. Hold on, wow, that is a glamour shot and you don't even do anything.
Speaker 20: Tell me what she says. I will and tell her not to text my wife.
Speaker 4: Oh good point. Oh wait, yeah, because she will Julie any final thoughts on Eddie And if people want what to call you and she get a do you do a consultation?
Speaker 11: She do free consultations in this line, and even phone consultations for people that live out of state. And yeah, it's an easy process.
Speaker 4: And people people can fly in and get it done. She's the best. Holy crap, I cannot believe how real it looks. You don't have a system on my head and he can work out in sweat and not worry about it.
Speaker 11: Yes, to push it to the limits. I mean they are very active.
Speaker 20: So she said, I can live a normal life, just a normal life, do my everyday stuff.
Speaker 5: And your headphones are on and off of his head.
Speaker 4: Do the picture of you looks awesome? And she's like a normal dude, don't look like myself.
Speaker 8: That is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're gonna put all the stuff on the website too. Up on our podcast notes at Nashville Hair Replacement on Instagram, Nashville hair Replacement dot com. Julie, thank you for your time. Eddie, you look great, help you feel good about it?
Speaker 20: Thank you, Julie, thank you so much. You may have changed my life. Listen, dude. She says that when people walk out of her salon, she notices they walk taller. I'm already feeling that. I think I've gained an inch just alone on my hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh that's true.
Speaker 20: I am now six foot maybe six to one.
Speaker 7: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 2: This is a really sad one, but also one that's really cool to look back on. So Toby Keith passed away this year and it was heartbreating for his family, friends, the entire country music community and fans alike. Everybody was devastated by this massive loss. But what was so cool is that Toby Keith had come into our studio a couple of weeks before he had passed, and Bobby got to do one of the last few interviews that he ever did. And it was really cool getting to talk to Toby Keith, see him in the studio and hear him talk about everything he had been doing and living his life up until that point. So while it's incredibly sad and hard to remember this loss, it's also a really cool interview to look back on, and I hope you enjoy it in the same ways that I do.
Speaker 1: Number One on the Bobby Bone Show now.
Speaker 4: Toby Keith Tobey. It's rare that people that I'm super close to will ask me for tickets anything, because they know, like, unless it's really meaningful, don't ask. And I've only had two close friends ask me for tickets this whole year, and our last year. It was Morgan Wallen and it was your shows in Vegas. That's how big those shows were, and they sold I saw they sold out immediately. Do you still have any sort of anxiety at all about shows selling?
Speaker 21: No, I hadn't worked in I've probably only worked a handful of shows in the last wide COVID two big seased COVID and cancer, So I haven't worked handful of shows in the.
Speaker 9: Last three years.
Speaker 21: But I worked every year for twenty seven, twenty eight years, and I mean I was only the only thing I had that sermony was being away from it for three years and remembering all the words because they subconsciously come to you when you're working. Yeah, you don't even think about it, you know them, and then getting completely away from him.
Speaker 9: And having to start back.
Speaker 21: So they had a teleprompt rip there and I got into a little bit of a sound check go a full dress rehearsal a day, but.
Speaker 9: I didn't even use it. It was just like riding the bike.
Speaker 4: Oh you knew all the words.
Speaker 21: Yeah, once I got up there and started rolling and it got familiar. I just I didn't even look at the tail prop.
Speaker 4: What about playing at all? Did you did your handstay callous?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 21: I still played, Uh no matter where I was. I always had a guitar there and still plunked around. But they've been callous so long that.
Speaker 4: It's all callous. Not even bones anymore, it's just all callouses.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's why you have an extra fingernails.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You guys are putting the song. Don't let the old man in. It's been out, but you're like, hey, this song's good. Here it is, remember it. We're going to push it again. Where did that come from?
Speaker 8: And why?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 21: So that wasn't my idea, So we put that in the in the Eastwood movie three or four years ago, and the movie didn't do as well as they thought. But and it's at the very end, and as powerful as the song was, it still didn't really get us to do. But great songs have a way of finding a home. Willie cut it, Humperdink cut it, a bunch of foreign legends cut it in their language, and I thought, well, that's cool, you know. And then when the Icon Award came up at the People's Choice, Rack Clark Dick Clarkson, who I'm known for years, he's produced a lot of the award shows, he said.
Speaker 9: I really want you to do this song. I was like, man, Blake's present me.
Speaker 4: Oh, he ash you do that song? Like you weren't planning to do that song? Got it And because it's.
Speaker 21: It's dark, you know, and and and I hadn't been in the public eye for while, and so I was like, Blake's gonna do Who's your Daddy? And I want to do something up tempo because he's he's gonna be fun and funny. And he goes, no, Rack insistent, and I said, well, Rack, if you want me do it, I'll do it.
Speaker 9: He goes, I think it'd be gigantic highlight and he was.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I was massive. People went crazy, and so because of that response, everybody's like, we need to reintroduce this song.
Speaker 21: Well, it just went number one immediately on iTunes, and then people start calling and saying, hey, they want service radio. Yeah, and I haven't really serviced. I haven't done anything in three or four years. And I was like, I don't know if they play this kind of music anymore. You know, this is way different than what you normally hear, and I said, this is this song is even more.
Speaker 9: Classic than my age.
Speaker 21: This song could have been recorded in the fifties, you know, or sixties, and it's it's so it's so country and so old school that I said, you do what you want to do with it, but I just love it that it got it, It found a home.
Speaker 12: You're going on the road.
Speaker 4: How's your health, how's everything going?
Speaker 9: It's going pretty good.
Speaker 21: This is a roller coaster and it takes a little while and get your brain wrapped around it, and then you get to a point where you just say, hey, this is what I do and you can't let it define.
Speaker 9: You know, your future.
Speaker 21: You can set around and wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, but I've got a roadhouse out in the country by It's like a ninety seven year old roadhouse that has a lot of music history, a lot of Oklahoma history.
Speaker 4: What's a roadhouse. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 9: It's like a bar and grill outdoors.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I gotta got you know.
Speaker 9: It's an old roadhouse like.
Speaker 4: Texas roadhouse to restaurant type place.
Speaker 21: Well, like a bar out in the country that people would drive out to. Like in a movie, you'd see people they'll set a roadhouse up the remember the one where Patrick sways.
Speaker 4: The roadhouse is called yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, so oh yeah, there you go.
Speaker 21: So that's kind of out by itself. This thing's like ninety seven years old. The old actor James Garner was named James Bumgarner before he went to Hollywood. He pumped gas in there. Bonnie and Clyde stayed in some cabins behind it. Bob Wheels and Texas playboys people like that would come through and play these little dances out there, and then it turned into a convenience store. We used to get bait, beer, tobacco stuff there before we were rolled enough and then we're going to tear it down. And my whole countryside out there where I live, I know everybody, that's my sanctuary. They were like, man, they're telling that tearing the old Hollywood's corners down. And so I went and bought the thing, popped it up, cleaned it up, put some lights in the trees, put a stage out there, and left the stage up.
Speaker 9: And now you can go out there, get some food, get a beer, sit on the lights.
Speaker 21: Bring your dog, bringing the kids, and have biker night on winds See.
Speaker 9: And I saved it, you know.
Speaker 21: And so one night I said, hey, I want to try to play. So I called the manager and I said, tell Jennifer. I said, tell the band. They're paid, but they're not gonna play. And then she goes, who's playing? I said, another band? And then I was bringing my guys in from Nashville, and we were just gonna go up incognito and just let the word build and just have fun. And I was going to see how far I could go without taking a break, you know. So I did two three hour nights and she goes, well, who do I advertise is playing? I said, the Greasy Weenies, And so she put it up the Greasy weenies will be here Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 9: Well, everybody started going something not right because the band's getting paid.
Speaker 21: So when I showed up first night, they were just like lined up down the ditches a half a mile in every direction. And I did two nights in July and I was like, go book me some shows. So you just can't get the trucks and buses after three years all together, and the crew everybody's off working with everybody else, you know. So it took till December to launch this thing.
Speaker 4: And here we are well excited to have you back. Yeah, yeah, like optimistic playing music, love it. Did you have to your voice aside from health, Like you don't sing for three years? Like that's a muscle, right, Like you can sing for three hours? But I mean, did just like blow your voice at all after two days?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 21: But the thing that I've had to overcome is the surgery I had on my stomach. They had to stitch on my diaphragm, so and not using it to sing every night that is a muscle, you know. So I've had to really work that to get it so where I sing really really hard and really really violent and loud, and I didn't have that last ten percent on the bottom where I could just really belt anything, you know, Like when I sang MacArthur Park at Carnegie.
Speaker 9: Hall, it was like opera stuff.
Speaker 21: So I don't know if I could do that, But what I do.
Speaker 9: On stage is no problem.
Speaker 21: So it's like I've had to I've had to work on that different and it's getting better all the time. But I went through about three hours yesterday off and on, you know, going through our lists working it up, and I hevy.
Speaker 4: Issues, what's your favorite song to do now that you're back doing it? Anything like, Man, it feels good to do again.
Speaker 21: Man, those four and five week number ones, you can just pile them up and come downhill and they're all fun.
Speaker 4: You're gonna do any songs about the Greasy Wienies. I love that band. I don't know if you've heard of them. They're really making the name of Oklahoma.
Speaker 9: Yeah. They don't do many covers. They do all Toby stuff.
Speaker 4: Well that's why some people get annoyed by them. They're like, enough, Toby Keith play some Greasy Weenies, so well, Toby, it's good to see you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: New album one hundred percent song Rather they came out a few months ago. Don't let the old man in his back. We've been playing a little bed and all the show sold out. Again. My friends never asked me for anything, and they were like, can you get us Toby tickets? And I said, not only that, they could come and stay in your hotel room. So you'll see that there.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't stay in my hotel room, saying you have it. Well, long play pier Cope, incidental Trap.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, Toby, good to see you too.
Speaker 14: Bye.
Speaker 4: There is everybody.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Well, there was everybody the top Bits of twenty twenty four on the Bobby Bone Show. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Thank you for being here hanging out with me. I hope you had an amazing New Year's and you're already kicking off twenty twenty five with an absolute bang. And if you're not, and you're kind of waiting for the weekend to end, then I totally get it also because that will be doing the same thing. So again, thank you for being here, Thank you for hanging out.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 2: As always, I couldn't do the best bits without you, guys, because you guys make questions and you participate, and you always hit me up of things you're hearing on this podcast. So thanks for listening, Thank you for being here. I'm gonna say million times because I'm super thankful, and we're coming out of twenty twenty four and on to twenty twenty five, brighter new horizons, and I'm excited for all of us for what twenty twenty five will bring.
Speaker 3: Well for the next best bits.
Speaker 2: I will officially be seeing you guys in the new year, because you know this was recorded in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah bye.
Speaker 22: That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 17: Bomb Show and follow ed
Speaker 22: Webgirl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.