Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure.
Speaker 1: To follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. Ay, America, here we go. It's time for another Rick Burgers show. Text Nation all saying I'm ready. Morning Fellas from Mississippi ready for another show. Hello Alabama, the new mister Chen is ready.
Speaker 2: Oh shen just got flushed.
Speaker 1: Titusville, Pennsylvania, Detroit, Rock City, Laurel, Mississippi. The pru It Boy say, it's the last day of school.
Speaker 2: What's our voyt.
Speaker 1: Pittsburg is ready, Big Jay's ready, Columbus, Mississippi and all caps ready. Pop Tart is ready, Itala is ready, Hertzel's ready.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: We see you, Mayfield, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Let's get ready, say Hey they burg ay urge.
Speaker 2: We all ready.
Speaker 1: And we will unpack another one. Thank you for being here. Today's speedy Greg Adler all here.
Speaker 4: Thanks to all of you.
Speaker 1: Texting saying you are ready for another show today. We have a lot to cover. Let's just kind of do like we do. Here's what's ahead. Updates on what the world was Denzel Washington upset about yesterday. We have that update today. The Pittsburgh Pirate fan that fell out of the stands. A lot of you were saying, if he's under age, why was he drunk? Well, now there's some legal questions on.
Speaker 2: That as well. Today we'll update you on that story.
Speaker 1: We have the interview a week ago today when we sat down and we were on location at the Celebrity pro am at Beautiful Graystone there in Sweet Home, Alabama. Adler's putting the interviews up and he put up the interview with coach Sabin and Charles Barkley that has made sports news because we asked Saban would he now be the person to don the mascot heads since Lee Corso has retired. His answer sure made national sports news yesterday, including the clip that that Adler posted. So we'll we'll talk about that a little bit today. We do have updates on a number of things. Speedy's anniversary, a little update on that today. How did Speedy and Adler fair last night with their crazy dogs. As I did not hear any of the storms that came through. They've been coming through all over our listening and viewing audience. Some more came through Alabama last night, affecting the SEC Baseball tournament a little bit as far as having to move some games around. I didn't even experience any of it where I live that I knew of, And I wondered how you guys fared on your dogs, because I know it did come through.
Speaker 2: Greg, I know you you you heard it where you were. Yeah, we had a little we got close to the Polygon late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody said, has already sent me a video of Span saying that this front was hanging in there like a hair in a biscuit.
Speaker 2: He said that during his broadcast, that'll hange that hair gets dug in it will I.
Speaker 1: Don't know the first person who ever said that. I'm kind of tired of that Statementure Lizardly. Yeah, yeah, he's saying every time we had the interview.
Speaker 2: Yes he did, Yes he did. You loved it, Greg, Whatever happened, whatever happened to the lizard Leak people, I don't know. I don't know they still do it anything. Yeah, I see where the Duck Dynastay are making a comeback?
Speaker 5: Are they really be able to? You know, he's stayed in touch with us for a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I guess he's maybe just still running his record company, maybe just doing his own thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened. He overused that phrase. Of course, gregs is okay. Greg of course pointed that out Here has a lot of interviews. I get it.
Speaker 3: So the show ran just that.
Speaker 6: Maybe they've had spin offs, but the original show ran from twenty eleven to twenty fourteen, four seasons.
Speaker 2: It's good, you know the reality shows. I was watching The Honey Boo Boo maybe the other night when they were what you just said, Yeah, I'm just gonna give you boy. They were at their peak. They were getting ten grand a chef. Wow. So ad did you say each person or just a family family adler? So it seems like it, Gosh, guys, you realize that means that's it. We haven't even talked to that guy in over a decade.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we know after that he stayed in touch a little bit through text. Then it probably wasn't more than That's what I would say. Twenty fifteen is the most. Yeah, I got by quick ten years. We hadn't been in studio several times. We did, we did, yeah, we did, you know, and our our audience is so thoughtful, so thoughtful. And thank you to all the folks that emailed me. And I'm getting just now some of them. And I see the text about hope your mom and dad are okay in Huntsville. That's just that's just kind of something probably we wouldn't do. We'd actually sit down and go, hey, speedy, we're praying for your parents. And yeah, could you see yourself sitting down going speedy, I'm praying for you and your parents today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably not, but you know I was, no, yeah, yeah, I know, no better statement will stop.
Speaker 2: I did a better statement, you know I will not.
Speaker 1: I was, Okay, don't know if people, if you know somebody's in the buying, absolutely you'll pray, but but praying, look, you're doing pre prayer.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 5: Well say okay, but thank you to those of you that did not, Greg, but thank y'all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, other people, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Text nations also telling me that Norm from Cheers went on it, George went, We've got that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when it George. George went, yeah, I get that right, you did. That's a that's rare for me.
Speaker 3: Oh that guy, whereas I thought.
Speaker 1: He'd arge what you know, I know he follows only seventy Let me tell you how I better hear from you. Yeah, if I don't see something from you, yes, but you know, and you think you got a little age on you, yeah, I'll put you down.
Speaker 5: I've used norm a lot, like if somebody frequents the place a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, oh sure, no doubt. Oh you're here again.
Speaker 1: So also Wednesday, Bible study back today, this study of job always just.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm just getting so much out of it.
Speaker 1: And thank you for all the emails and comments for those of you that are joining us on the journey today Job fourteen. So that'll be noon Central one o'clock Eastern on the Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel, which is an active little channel, and then it'll be archived soon after to the podcast and YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: If you want to catch it on your own time. Let you know a lot of you do that.
Speaker 1: So in camp House, tellus from the Camp House episode three coming this weekend to the YouTube channel The Burgess Bass Battle, And I mean we're all fully miked, we all have our own camera person, and there's a drum.
Speaker 2: So concerned George went fat, do you know Jason Sedaikas is his nephew? No, Greg, that's a good little fact there, it is. I remember that, and I couldn't remember exactly who it was. I had to look, but I knew there was an actor. There was ken to him and it couse one time.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, really, am I seeing things? Or has mister Chin moved into a bigger home.
Speaker 6: I have to move him still, but I have is all y'all were talking yesterday and I tried they brought it. I tried to claim that fish only have a three second memory, and it turns out that may not be true or not.
Speaker 1: You were so confident on that too, like you had like you had first hand knowledge because you worked at a pet store once.
Speaker 3: You know, I still think that. I do still think PR. Just for PR.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna move mister Chen and I worked a good bit yesterday on setting up this shot here so that we could see mister Chen.
Speaker 2: And that's a good shot. That is a good shot like that like that that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be Hopefully I can use that during the breaka.
Speaker 2: You call it cam chen cam. Yes, I love it. I like the chin cam.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we have a lot to do, guys. Yeah, we got a lot of unpack and we'll work through it. Of course, you can read text Ronnie Shirley, did you see that up date?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I want to say, how did you see the sad update? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah that's what I thought. We covered that.
Speaker 2: Or wait a minute, you're right, so this this has not been last year. Spent a long time. Yeah, I actually talked to him.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, you reached out to him and y'all had a conversation rick of him working through that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless it's happened again. But no, the Ronnie Shirley's son and what happened to him, that was years ago. That wasn't last year, unless something's happened again, because I remember actually ministering to him through that. Yes, yes, i'd forgotten you reached out to him. I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so we'll come back.
Speaker 2: We got I mean, there's so many hay burgess.
Speaker 1: Now, we won't do them all today because I know we sprinkle everything, but I've got enough hay burgess. The last couple of weeks, but I'll get into some of those today and of course your phone calls will do some phone segments as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was twenty twenty two. Yeah, really, Okay, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Well you'll you'll hear pretty quick today on the program that the fight is not over or what fight am I talking about? I'm talking about ideology, political fights in our country. You know, where the country should go, how should we spend our money, how should we be taxed?
Speaker 2: What about our.
Speaker 1: Place in the world. Obviously there's different political views. And if you're conservative right now, you're feeling pretty good.
Speaker 2: Uh, but do not relax.
Speaker 1: If you you think the left is just gonna lay down, They're not going to They're gonna they're gonna fight, They're gonna clall and so we need Blaze TV and Blaze Media now more than ever. It's available on any device, it's available on demand. These are the conservative voices that are bold enough to tell it like it is.
Speaker 2: We're honored to be part of it too.
Speaker 1: An hour of our show is on Blaze TV with your subscription, and also our new podcast, Strange Encounters.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is the home on Blaze TV for the strongest voices in conservative media, people who are not afraid to to say what needs to be said. Investigative journalism, which at one time I was a given, it's not anymore. You know, you got documentaries that say, here's what's going on with the deep state, here's the overreach of your government, here's how they're stealing your money. Boy, we're getting finding that out more and more, aren't we. But you're not going to get this on mainstream media.
Speaker 2: You just not so.
Speaker 1: Blaze TV is a great option now more than ever, about eight dollars a month, but we're going to save you twenty dollars right now off the annual plan when you subscribe at BlazeTV dot com slash rick BlazeTV dot com slash rick twenty dollars off the annual plan and then you can stay informed Blaze TV, unfiltered, unafraid, and on demand. Okay, Adler, am am, I correct that we're about to move Chin to a new home.
Speaker 2: Do you have any fish facts for us? Again?
Speaker 1: Today watching you and Speedy discuss phish, you think you're an expert because you worked at a pet store. Speedy thinks he's an expert because he had fish for a decade. Yeah, yeah, and a big tank back in his player pay I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Did you did you take fish in the marriage ever? Did you take fish in the marriage ever? Speedy? Uh?
Speaker 5: But no, okay, yes you did, yes, just for a short period of time. We had a fifty five gallon good night.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's twelve by four probably twelve by four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's a do you know that, don Juan? I gave Don Juan de Marco my fifty five gallon fish with the stand and it's quite the mood center.
Speaker 2: Greg. Yeah, I don't want anything to do with because of the cleaning.
Speaker 3: You really don't that hard to clean.
Speaker 1: Also, if you remember, if you remember, Greg, when that anytime anything speedy from his single days was given any one, we said, the ghosts come with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no ghost in that ghosts in the water underwater.
Speaker 2: Man might say, that's a lady in the water.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a that's a real movie.
Speaker 2: By the way, yeah, trans by the way. Aquarium on that list of things that look fun but aren't. As a kid, I wanted one. I like the idea of it. I do not want one. Remember, we want of those birds, and we got them and they crapped on the wall and their cage was nasty, and like, I don't want these like childhood memory.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just like anything else. If you stay on top of it, they're not bad. You let it get nasty, though.
Speaker 1: But staying on top of it robs me of my life. Yeah, it's not that bad.
Speaker 3: It's really not bad.
Speaker 2: Why you have one now? No, I mean I grew I outgrew it.
Speaker 1: I had a family and you had a family, which means you couldn't have it because.
Speaker 5: I just I just didn't want it to have time for kind fish.
Speaker 2: I just didn't want to. What kind of fish did you have here? What is that? I don't know?
Speaker 5: African ciclets beautiful, I get I'd get some, well easy, I'd go grab some goldfish.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't to have they chop them up. Rick speedy, you know how you say sickly? Like he was sharp sickly.
Speaker 5: He asked what kind of had it back.
Speaker 1: In the day I'm talking about I'm not talking about now, I'm talking about pretty aggressive.
Speaker 6: There's two So there's two lakes in Africa, one tang in the other.
Speaker 2: Here he goes the caution fit fish facts.
Speaker 6: There are these fresh water lakes in Africa that have these these fish that just look.
Speaker 3: Amazing and beautiful and cool, and they're mean.
Speaker 6: So you can like you can put like a little tiny fish in there and they're ripping the pieces.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: What are you standing on?
Speaker 6: I'm standing on this box because I'm about to move mister Chin. I thought we were gonna do it now.
Speaker 1: So tell the audience about about what where where we're moving Chin from and where he's moving to.
Speaker 3: Everybody was crying and.
Speaker 6: Everybody was whindering about his his thing being too small, which I explained these comes from these from you.
Speaker 2: Just joined, if you just joined us, not speaking about himself.
Speaker 6: No, no, I'm talking about this fish, my children, children, just like you.
Speaker 2: Stood up and you've been sitting down, and so I wish you would fall.
Speaker 6: I look I fell by the way just now with mister ten in my hand, the box I'm on with cuckoo.
Speaker 5: I was like, let's not forget he's got water hovering it over boards.
Speaker 6: Yeah, equipment school Blaze is gonna help us out with some new stuff anyway, so let's just pour it on, you know, but maybe not today Okay, Yeah, so I'm gonna move him, and and Speedy said that Speedy was worried about them being acclimated, and I'm like, it's good, it's fine, we're fine. Same temperature, that's the main thing that shocks them. And really you can go from uh from a little colder to a little bit warmer. You can't go from a little bit warmer. It's a little bit colder. If you go to cold, that shocks them and they're like and they die.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. Do you remember when my pond turned over?
Speaker 1: Its exactly one oxygen oxygen.
Speaker 3: You're talking, I'm talking Tempe, but I'm going I'm going, oh, really.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna let him sit in the net? I didn't know before you released, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Here comes cyclar experts.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna let him sit in the net. He's in the way. I had to bend. I had to bend it because this this the top of this is to let me have. But I think he's getting he's getting.
Speaker 2: He can't catch chin.
Speaker 3: I can't catch him.
Speaker 5: I got an idea, you got him, I got him here he goes.
Speaker 2: Let him sit in the net for a little bit.
Speaker 3: No we know the next scratches him speedy, Just let him go.
Speaker 1: The battling of fish facts between you two, and don't want to get out. She likes the net he's killing, which he's killing?
Speaker 2: Chin got him.
Speaker 7: He's free.
Speaker 2: Look like he's doing well.
Speaker 9: He's great.
Speaker 2: He's not even trying to swim.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's like he's like he's gotten you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: No, we don't, don't, don't, don't.
Speaker 3: There's something weird the fish equivalent of oh, really, it's pumped up.
Speaker 2: That's a fish fact. That's a fish fact. I really won't know how you came up. And I'm not sure how you see that.
Speaker 3: He's happy.
Speaker 2: Changed his name to Willie Rowl gret all right. Look he's trying to get out's going to the tops him.
Speaker 3: He's going to the top. He's upside down.
Speaker 2: This is what you're worried about. This is what you're worried about.
Speaker 1: He was scared.
Speaker 2: The cyclic kid warned you about this.
Speaker 3: He's happy. Click, he likes his new house. Guys, everything's good, we got everything.
Speaker 10: Speed.
Speaker 2: He looks like that doesn't look good.
Speaker 5: Rick, he's sucking for auction at the top.
Speaker 3: No, he's not speedy.
Speaker 2: I think we've killed you.
Speaker 3: You're the one sucking right.
Speaker 2: He just called us children. Now you're doing it. That's so rude. How long is his memory again?
Speaker 3: Three seconds or so.
Speaker 2: We found out that fish fact was not a fact like these animal facts. I skeptical of. Yeah, he's got a new yard to play in. He's so freezing. He's looking a little better now back to the top speed he's going back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, thank you God.
Speaker 2: I can't see him all you can see it.
Speaker 3: Look, you can't fix it. I'll fix it.
Speaker 2: I think in trouble.
Speaker 5: I think he's I think if he was enjoying himself, he'll be swimming around, not sucking for.
Speaker 2: Air at the time.
Speaker 3: Now he thinks he's ready, he's ready.
Speaker 2: Picky boy, he didn't leave in the net long enough.
Speaker 3: The net that scratches him up.
Speaker 2: Sam trying to check my fish facts this entire segment.
Speaker 3: You don't appreciate you.
Speaker 2: He meant you had a bad fish fact just yesterday.
Speaker 3: I still stand by that.
Speaker 7: He is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Greg Adler, Here we have an update from Speedy's anniversary yesterday coming. He even has a video to go with it.
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 2: So we'll we'll have that to come back.
Speaker 5: No, what it's just us out to do with that?
Speaker 8: What was that?
Speaker 2: I know the Burgess Boy's made icon tact. I was looking over I was looking at the over this way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was with that pregnant pause?
Speaker 1: It was just I was thought speedy of my inform us a little more. I didn't know it would be an awkward Paul s.
Speaker 5: Art, Well, if that's where we're going, I can get getting into it.
Speaker 2: Not yet, we'll do that in details.
Speaker 1: A couple of updates A look at you, Look at you trending yesterday Adler on our YouTube channel. He put up the video of our interview with Nick Saban and Charles Barkley one week aldgo today it happened. It came to the YouTube channel yesterday. More more to come on some of these other interviews. Well, it didn't take long for the sports world to you know, anytime we interview Sabin, it seems to be Saban more than anyone. If we interview Saban, because of his popularity and the mobs of people that that adore, some of you will come in a little hot on Sabin.
Speaker 2: He's just a man.
Speaker 1: Uh, there's always you've got to be careful every little thing you do when talking to Saban because the Saban nation, you know, and it is sometimes it is interesting for you know, college football fans to refer to anyone else as a rube or or an inbread.
Speaker 2: That's always weird.
Speaker 1: But anyway, there seems to be a certain amount of people that don't want us to ever interview Saban. I don't know why they just don't. I actually thought the interview was you know, it was not. I didn't goof off with him as much as last year, but I also don't didn't get overly serious to the point that did annoys him. I thought it kind of landed where it should have. It was a great conversation. Some people say they could have listened to it all day because of them, not us. But the big question when Saban asked him what it was like to work with Corso thought that was appropriate with his retirement. Saban of course gave accolades to Corso, and then I said, will you now be the person who will have to don the mascot head? Will you be the mascot headperson, to which he was like, you know, laughing and cutting up, saying, well, if it was up to me.
Speaker 2: No, but one thing he did say, it may not be my call.
Speaker 1: Now that I noticed, I'm not reporting that part of it because here's the headline and this was all over sports yesterday. Nick Saban shoots down pot pssibility of taking over Lee Corso's mascotthead tradition on ESPN Game Day Abder. Well done because the show got super a lot of pr that. I will credit all the sources. They credited our show with the interview of it, and I forget so is this the point when he did it?
Speaker 2: Have you cued it there?
Speaker 1: You're just throwing something up from it because he's he did say he was if it was up to him, he wouldn't do it. But he does say if ESPN made him do it, it might be different because he said it may not be my call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so here here's sabman.
Speaker 3: I'm cuing it up real quick. Okay, give me one.
Speaker 2: I like Greg leaning in the background, hanging on with the ten. Yeah. Greg, so you you on these live things being in the background owns me here, y'all.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't get mad about it. The interview, Sorry, buddy, you were doing the Game Day working with Corso and being his last year. What was that like?
Speaker 8: Well, Leek Corso is a phenomenal person. He was a real professional. He's been a part of the show and the tradition of the show for you know, twenty some years, and we're all going to miss him. But you know, I think that, you know, it was his decision to do that. He's going to be on one more show with us, which we all look forward to. But just a great guy and uh, you know, great for the game of college football and has been great for a lot of fans for a lot of years. And I think tradition of him, you know, putting that mascot helming on at the end of you know, every show is something that everybody looks forward to.
Speaker 2: That's not going to be your job, now, is it.
Speaker 7: I hope not.
Speaker 2: I mean so I just don't see you in that role.
Speaker 8: I don't think that's probably not my decision.
Speaker 2: My decision. How about the goalpost in the background? Love love the new setup. That's such a better shot. Speeding of Buddy it was.
Speaker 6: I'm actually enjoying editing these videos more because of how good it looks.
Speaker 3: Because you moved the tent. Think, you know, I mean you said background, it's awesome. It looks it looks it's just a blurry background. Sure, Greg leaning on the tenth By the way, I had to tell Greg to move.
Speaker 2: I know that I wasn't paying attention camera listen.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that I'm I just now found out Greg is just trying to get close enough.
Speaker 2: Because you want to stare what say? Yeah, you know it would disrupt the whole place.
Speaker 5: But if we had speakers what used to have to and then we used to have them and then they turn them down. I think we can find somewhere in the middle, just give a little something. Yeah, I think if you can, we'll upgrade that next year.
Speaker 1: Well one I noticed like when I when you when you and I know you don't care. When I was on with Fine Bomb about the book, I noticed, if you're not I couldn't hear that good that in course your TV that don't let you have headphones, you know, and pauls a little.
Speaker 5: Bit of a low talk I couldn't hear. I was on stage, you know, and I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Hear a little bit of a little little a little bit of a low talker, you know, and he's asking the questions.
Speaker 1: But I don't have headphones on. At least on the radio, we have headphones. So anyway, that that was good. That now was all over. I saw I saw it on just about every sports platform yesterday, So good job that was getting that out.
Speaker 2: So uh, it looks like I'm working security.
Speaker 6: If I had stayed with this shot for two more seconds, you'd see Greg shake his head because I go, hey, buddy, can you move please? And I even did like the please can you move? And in the shot goes, Greg goes, and I almost kept it in the cut. I almost kept it in the cut, but it was distracting.
Speaker 1: And you know how now I don't believe that Rick Burgess and his cast of buddies that they rank kind enough to be interviewing.
Speaker 2: Save it, I ask you about the current condition of the program. But anyway, either when you.
Speaker 5: Were trying to get his attention, he couldn't. He didn't see you. So he I got his attention and I told him to.
Speaker 2: Look at you, and he was like what okay? That like why they bothered? That's not that big a deal at all. You just behind me.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I'm walking everywhere. It makes sense now, I didn't know what you were doing. You know, look at look at the signal. Look at the signal that Adler was doing. Can I here's what's bad. I thought, like a little kid, I thought, look at Adler, God love him, he's hungry. Can he must not have time to get food now? Because he kept doing this, and I thought he was going, how I'm hungry? And I was like, get Adler some food?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Greg, Greg, God, Greg, Oh, I love your louder. Or get some speakers or I'm gonna do it again.
Speaker 5: Okay, hands in his pocket, legs crossed, leaning on the fans.
Speaker 2: If you could have a cup of coffee shirtless?
Speaker 6: Hey, by the way, you mentioned somebody commented something about inbread on the video. Somebody commented that they spelled inbred wrongs.
Speaker 1: I think that's two years in a row that the same guy who calls me an inbread, he keeps smiss spelling.
Speaker 3: You're spelling it wrong, buddy, Yeah, two.
Speaker 2: Years in a row.
Speaker 7: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Yesterday.
Speaker 1: What was the deal with Denzel Washington? We did this story yesterday about him getting the headline is a little misleading because we really don't get any new information about why he was upset with the photographers. The story really is telling us he was upset with them for the things we could obviously see, grabbing at his suit, then grabbing at his arm. Says, it does appear the photographers don't know that he's as serious as he is. That's why they're all laughing, because he's an actor. See, that's the problem of being an actor. Even when you're being mad, they go, are you acting mad?
Speaker 2: Or are you really mad?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 1: But what they're trying to update it so on is why he was not at the Film Festival's event after and the press conference, because the story got out that well, he was so mad about what happened with these photographers, he skipped the press conference with Spike Lee. Well, everybody's saying, and the people with Denzel Washington, all his handlers are saying, is that Denzel was never supposed to be at the press conference, and everybody at the festival knew that because he had already he had to leave quickly because.
Speaker 2: He was involved. He's doing what is it he's doing? Is it othello that he's doing right now?
Speaker 1: And they said that because of that, that everybody knew beforehand that he would not be at that press conference, so you shouldn't read anything to the fact that he wasn't at the press conference because the festival and the studio neew weeks ago that he would not be available for the press conference due to the commitment to the play Othello, so he had to get back, you know, to America, and everybody knew that. So they're just saying, yes, he got upset on the red car, it had nothing to do with him not being in the press conference, you know. And they said, it's if you want to know why he got upset, He's had a long history of being upset with photographers that are rude and can't seem to call themselves. And he said that in this particular instance, you can see that that one grabs his suit, which we showed yesterday, and then the other that same guy grabs him by his arm when he goes to turn away again, which was bizarre, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and one a few years ago he got into it again with him because they, to your point, Rick, they're rude and they interrupt everything he's doing it, and he's basically saying, I'm gonna come over to you, just just give me a minute. It quit being so rude, and when I had conversations and things just quit screaming my name and hollering at me and pulling on me.
Speaker 2: They just hang on.
Speaker 1: The story says he has a long history of tense interactions with photographers over the unit. But the story is saying people are trying to say, well, he was so mad, he just said i' m oight of here and didn't even go to the press conference right, and that the studio was having for the movie that he was there promoting. They're saying, no weeks ago he was he'd already said I can't stay for that. I got to get back because he's doing I Tello.
Speaker 2: So there you go. And then Sweteer, you gave me the story from the from the storms yesterday.
Speaker 5: My goodness, now which one now that the one from from London, Kentucky that that is from Friday.
Speaker 2: You know they hit they were hit so bad. You know, we talked about what.
Speaker 5: Nineteen deaths and Kentucking twenty eight overall North Alabama had severe weather last night.
Speaker 1: But this is a couple there, well, their house was hit with We talked about this on the show yesterday, the forces of nature. You know, if you want to feel small as a human being. There's all kinds of forces of nature that make you feel real small, real quick. Two of them to me that are in the top, and that's wind and water. Wind and water will humble you so fast, so fast. What what they can do is just so devastating and so overwhelming. And if you want to know the power of some of the wind that comes with these tornadoes, here is the headline. Couple lost opposite arms while holding each other as tornado ripped apart their home.
Speaker 5: They lost their arms. Their arms are gone, Paul, and they were holding hands during the storm. And the doctor said that they, as Rick said, lost opposite arms because they were holding on to each other.
Speaker 2: Well, O, speedy, did you read the headline? The person that would have been you who ran over to help. Here's a quote you never you never wanted to hear. I need help. I see an arm down the hallway. Oh goodness, A little word help. Being the opposite though they can work together. You think about it if they both had lost like, no, no, no, I'm not being you went there a little quick.
Speaker 5: The neighbors didn't know that they were trapped until they heard miss Gail screaming that they needed help, and then they go over there and then the quote that Rick said about the arm down the hallway.
Speaker 2: Now she's still in critical condition. He's getting better. Okay, so they're not out of the woods yet. No, No, that's a nightmare.
Speaker 9: So that.
Speaker 5: So so when I mean, I will say this in a very in a very sweet kind of way, this is not me making fun. At least they both know they wouldn't. Neither of them would let go love each other. They let they would not letting go of each other.
Speaker 2: I will say this, to be able to hold on, course, something had to give, and it did. Trying to hold on like that and that kind of wind. Yeah, I think about the power of love hanging on. I'm not letting go of you. And then.
Speaker 1: So I'm so, I'm so the the arm that stayed, or the two two they were holding each other with, and they lost the ones that were not secure.
Speaker 3: I know, it's almost like they were what do they.
Speaker 5: Mean one lost their Yeah, yes, I me and you're holding onto each other and then it, you know, and then all of a sudden, according to the doctor, they wouldn't let go of each other.
Speaker 1: So what then' And then did just the rest of their bodies fall back into the home. I guess I see what you're saying, So that they were both airborne. One was airborne, the other wasn't. They're like, and they ripped that arm off and ripped the other arm off. I'm trying to see how it happened.
Speaker 2: I can twist it. They need something to strap them down.
Speaker 3: That wasn't real speed. Don't don't be telling people that.
Speaker 2: You would think if the wind was strong enough to do that, it would have, i know, send them flying.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: But you make a point, Greg, if they both survive, I mean, really they can work together. And now, yeah, just the arm you need, or the guys and the arm I need you.
Speaker 5: Go or their house is a mess, man, They're lucky be alive.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, walls missing.
Speaker 2: Everything, everything, just devastating stories coming out of that.
Speaker 6: But you're talking about when you don't feel good. I mean, when these big winds come through our town.
Speaker 3: I've got a.
Speaker 6: Big front window and a bunch of big trees right out front, and I just look at those trees waving, and I'm like, well, there's really nothing I can do except pray and go on the basement.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just you just feel so tell like somebody's granddad.
Speaker 2: I say, why do you have to use that voice?
Speaker 9: That's what.
Speaker 1: That's I know this is not because my heart breaks for them, but I gotta tell you, I need more details.
Speaker 3: I would like to know how it went down. I'd love to hear their story. And I'm so glad they're okay, and I wish them good recovery and all that.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they'll survive and be fine and get one hundred percent and we have them on the show.
Speaker 2: We'll be back.
Speaker 1: Dolly Parton's sister see there you go, not Dolly Pardon. Yeah, Dolly Parton's sister is angry at kid Rock.
Speaker 2: Her sister. Not Dolly, but her sister. I didn't I didn't even know she had a sister. I didn't either. I think smoking mountain families. I bet they ten. No, you're right, you're right. I remember what many colors? Coat of many Colors? How to bring a tear? Do glass?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 2: Do you do you squall when you watch Coat of Many Colors? Yeah, it makes me get a little lump in my throat. Poor we know you don't squall?
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Dolly Pardon's sister is angry and responds to kid Rock. Now that right there had me the minute. She's mad at kid Rock? Well, mad at kid Rock? And listen was she talking about butt light again?
Speaker 1: Listen, You're gonna love what she's mad about because I didn't know Kid Rock said this?
Speaker 2: Okay, like what like her? Okay? There they are wow in a lot of ways. And where's the makeup?
Speaker 3: Adler?
Speaker 2: Do you know why she's mad at Kid Rock?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're gonna love this, I know. And Greg no, because they saw they pulled the story and they saw it. Are you ready for this? America? Are you ready for this?
Speaker 1: Because Kid Rock is blaming America's current low birth rate on ugly liberal women.
Speaker 2: Think about it? Ugly, think about it liberal women.
Speaker 1: The exact quote, Yeah, they asked him this question. By the way, the full quote is that unattractive, deranged liberal women are to blame for America's low birth rate.
Speaker 2: Had Alla pardon.
Speaker 1: Dolly's sister, Della seventy six is very upset. Apparently this happened at.
Speaker 2: I guess why was she take it part?
Speaker 1: I didn't realize there was a video of it. I guess this happened when he was chatting with Jesse Walton. Waters Is said a lot of things on this.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, we have it. Okay, can we play this?
Speaker 3: He mentioned a barn animal, but I think that's.
Speaker 2: Nobody like that. That's an animal. It is, you know, even again, I got you. It's stubbornness. Okay, yes, okay, stubborn animal.
Speaker 3: Play your concerts. Do you ever see anybody with blue hair?
Speaker 12: Armpit hair?
Speaker 3: Female armpit hair? Some of these people were looking at kid.
Speaker 10: I don't know, man, listen, I was just watching your clips, and you know, we have this low birth rate in America, and it all made sense to me.
Speaker 3: It just hit me right now, because who's going to sleep with.
Speaker 1: These ugly ass broke, phrazy derange tds liberal women?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: It was more harsh than I even realized that. For some reason, for some reason, this is angered Stella.
Speaker 2: Well why does Stella take it personal? Yeah, he's a liberal woman.
Speaker 1: Well, she returned with this, one liberal women means she must be one. Don't sleep with stinky, nasty, dirty, poor hygienic men babies who whine and disrespect them, all right.
Speaker 3: He added him. He added another sentence to this towards the end.
Speaker 2: I want this.
Speaker 3: That might be causing some issues too.
Speaker 2: So what he's just said now doesn't well he added to it, but should I play this? This is helth color? Well, don't ask them, but why do I ask you?
Speaker 1: And Greg back anything being off color? Y'all's call factor is almost is a little a little higher than mine.
Speaker 3: It could be upsetting people, range TDS, liberal women. I mean you look at these rallies.
Speaker 10: It's like a bunch of women that no guy wants to sleep with and a bunch of dudes that want to sleep with each other.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay, a lot of sleeping, a lot of sleeping, a lot of sleep. So he didn't have problem with it. Look a lot of oh kid there.
Speaker 3: That might have upset people too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably he really. Stella doesn't. She's not really responding to that one.
Speaker 3: Oh and Stella, I thought it was Rachel Rachel parton.
Speaker 2: No, how many is that is that our twins? Maybe that's a difference. It's actually Stella. Stella's the one that's.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, don't say twins when you're talking about.
Speaker 2: They they they got upset. Someone says, the last time I checked, doesn't kid Rock only have one kid? So Okay, well that's debatable. I'm sure he's on the road well one that he claims, you know.
Speaker 1: So so there we go, Kid Rock and Stella parton and mad with each other today, Jalen Hurt says, I keep telling y'all I wasn't available for the visit to the White House. Jalen, it's called a little flat uh for not going to the White House with the Eagles. And he keeps saying, you know, I couldn't go because I actually had a scheduling conflict, and I what I was talking about. He's he never really answered the question when he was asked directly, and and now he's sticking to the story that he had scheduling conflicts. I wasn't available. I don't think that's pertinent. Everyone who went, uh and was available, they seem to enjoy themselves. I didn't go because I wasn't available, and so he said, and those who went, they're they're free to go and and and I'm free to go or not go. But I had I had a scheduling conflict that that don't read anymore into it, even though there is something everybody's reading into it. And the way he keeps answering it makes us read into it right.
Speaker 3: Clearly he didn't want to go, and just who cares own up to it. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think nobody should be required to go. Now, how about Jalen Hurst can do whatever he wants. But he also has to kind of realize that if I make this decision, some people won't like it, and then if I go, some people won't like it.
Speaker 2: You know, these are the decisions that we all make every day.
Speaker 1: There's things that we do that make some people happy and other people not so happy. But you have to make those decisions. Also says Stella Parton's man.
Speaker 5: Yes, he turns around, hands the ball to uh. He loves the administration. He went, they had a good time, but they still are teammates.
Speaker 2: I don't know it, but just get.
Speaker 1: Past it from from text nation. I know I've heard this too that had something to do with this honeymoon, but here it would be an easy answer, but never says that though, Yeah, that's the problem in this interview, which is in the story. All he has to say is I was on my honeymoon, but he doesn't say that. He keeps saying I had a scheduling conflict, and people can go if they want to, and people cannot go if they want to. All he has to say directly to the question is I can't go because that's what my honeymoon is scheduled. And people say that that was the case, and you're saying it again text Nation, but he's not saying that in this interview, And so I don't know why he wouldn't just say that.
Speaker 5: That would kind of put everything to rest, That would that I would understand that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean we're talking honeymoon. We're talking like dermatologist appointment, you know, one of those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, or even you know, I was attending something that was important to my family.
Speaker 3: You know, a cable guy was coming to the house.
Speaker 1: Right, whatever, Right, I'm sleepy, Okay. So as we start the hour, the gang all here, Speedy, Greg and Adler. Yesterday we celebrated old Speedy and Terry's twenty fifth anniversary. We got to hear from Terry Wilburn, what a what an honor that was Speedy took on. What you know, it's difficult, especially with the hours that we keep and all of you been there before with your own things. You try to keep up with the dread weeknight anniversary. Do you go to the nearest weekend before or after? Do you push it into the deeper into the summer of vacation, especially when you hit a biggie like twenty five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, twenty five is a big one. Twenty twenty five is a big one. Twenty five is a big one. Got home mid afternoon. She was wrapping up from work and then the discussion broke out. Hey, hey, let's let's go grab a bike to eat. I know it's it's a week night. Can't really get too into it as far as going out and doing a bunch of stuff, but let'st we could at least to celebrate today. First thing she thought of, let's go to Costco. And I'm like, well, she gets excited about going there. I don't know what it is about the place, but she just lights up every time she goes, and so we always try to pick out a day and hour it works. But we decided against that. Instead, we decided to go get a bite to eat, and we we.
Speaker 2: Thought you were trying to do free samples at Costco.
Speaker 5: I thought, oh, I was you'll go for that.
Speaker 2: I don't go to Costco. Maybe I'll go for free samples. Never depends on what it is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: If it's chicken, you're all in. Oh yeah, especially for sausage especially.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if it's something I'm thinking about buying, because that's the thing with Costco. You got to buy fifty of them if you want to buy one of them.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: So you don't want to get a bomb steer. So I'm thinking about buying.
Speaker 2: I'll get the samp You asked me, tho do I get samples anywhere if they offer samples, right, because I don't go to Costco.
Speaker 5: Yeah, samples in general, like somebody standing there and you want a sample of this, I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know what all been all off in it? So all people, you're always worried about somebody's work. Yeah, you always wear people skinners? Gloves? Was how long I had them? Same pair of gloves exactly? Somebody walked up the parking lot and just said, hey, you want you know you ever seen somebody with gloves? And then they touched their phone and difference at all. It's like, well, what are you doing?
Speaker 13: A good point?
Speaker 2: I've noticed that. So you didn't do Costco And so we know We didn't.
Speaker 5: We didn't do We decided against that. But we did decide to go destination to go grab uh some dinner and chose a place and they had a little outside sitting area.
Speaker 2: And so we're sitting there and enjoying dinner.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I posted on the on the story Terry sitting there at the table, just saying, hey, get an anniversary dinner date.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 5: And we look up and this happens while we're having dinner. Take a listen, I'm joining our dinner date on an anniversary.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, a minute.
Speaker 8: Who is that?
Speaker 2: It's Hoby.
Speaker 3: That's going to.
Speaker 2: Celebrate anniversary. Looked up and I'm like, you're kidding me, You're kidding me. There's Hoby.
Speaker 3: So you didn't invite him? It was a quinn.
Speaker 5: No, we were blocked from his house.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 5: And he was coming through and stopped buying and said, hey, he was running errands.
Speaker 2: And but but I'm like the likelihood that we.
Speaker 5: And we look up and Hoby is standing. It's it's just that was hilarious. Terry couldn't stop laughing.
Speaker 2: Workout Huh. No, we didn't know. I cannot believe Hoby came to your twenty fifth anniversary. Well he didn't come.
Speaker 3: Terry was wondering why you told the hostess up? Well, three party of three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what she says, all the places that Speedy could have picked, he picked something near Hoby, Yeah, wasn't.
Speaker 5: It was a really good, good place. I showed you that yesterday and oh that looks good and well, you know the s.
Speaker 2: Chance you might say, Hoby, well that's exactly.
Speaker 5: But listen to what she says when she goes, well, we were I.
Speaker 2: Joined our dinner day on anniversary. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, who is that? It's Hoby?
Speaker 3: Hoby did you join us?
Speaker 12: Y'all?
Speaker 3: Happy anniversary. It's not a dinner date without Hoby.
Speaker 2: It's not a dinner date without a hope, without your.
Speaker 3: Your best buddy showing up.
Speaker 2: All right, Hoby, that's what I got ready for it. Yeah, okay, that's my channel. I saw the Hoby sid Oh that's good.
Speaker 3: He's the sharpest fella. You can't debate that.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Hey, Holy, how you doing round?
Speaker 3: Hey you're here firs On Springs. Yeah, it all back to.
Speaker 7: You know what, Hoby.
Speaker 5: All right, so we're at this place and it's a really cool little area. You're sitting out by the street and everything and having a good time, and they had some outside speaks. When he left, this started playing and this was his theme song when he was an intern song.
Speaker 2: No you're making that. No, that's not true.
Speaker 5: We're scream Yes, that was theme Scott the theme song. And just as he left, that came on the speaker.
Speaker 2: You're making that, am not?
Speaker 5: Is that not the weirdest thing?
Speaker 2: What is this thing with you and Hoby?
Speaker 3: This is, by the way, Hoby's just a dude everybody. Everybody needs to really understand. Hoby is the dudeist dude of all.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well, he's married, has three kids, very happy.
Speaker 2: It's called a friend. Nobody's text nation, everybody brand games just the bestest buddies.
Speaker 5: Well you used to look yesterday we got to laughing and working out, and Hobie even said, see what Greg's missing.
Speaker 2: I'll be there next week.
Speaker 3: You'all even worked out yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: By the way, so speak for people who don't know, Hoby is Speedy's best and only friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not my best and only friend.
Speaker 3: I'm just explained to the audience.
Speaker 2: Who were the best his friends?
Speaker 5: That one in there well, they would hit the lock alarm on us a lot when Greg was in there get a good time, that hit the alarm like we're too loud.
Speaker 1: The text Nation is asking another question, I think is the legitimate question. Does Hobe have you on lie three sixty?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Are you sharing your location with Hobi?
Speaker 12: Are you no?
Speaker 5: No running errands? And in that area there's a lot of shops. You get out, you walked in that and.
Speaker 1: Then there he is in trendy part of town, Hobe, he will be trendy. Oh yeah, that's his area. But what I'm saying, if you were hunting, where do you hunt where you think they'll be?
Speaker 2: That's right. I was celebrating Toby. He knew his habit, Sure he did. It worked.
Speaker 5: So y'all think I chose to go eat to see him, not be with my wife.
Speaker 2: I think you thought maybe, just like what happened, he wouldn't eat with us. But maybe I want to speak to I want to spend some time with my beautiful wife twenty five years and tell how much I love her and maybe get a bonus Hoby moment. Yeah, because it comes me when I say yeah, So Greg's done with working out with y'all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, something true transparency he did. He did mention a couple of restaurants that were pretty good and we're different. We go and and the one he said, uh, hey, it's somehow you want some.
Speaker 3: Assist bite without asking somebody permission.
Speaker 5: Mike was asking, tell you have y'all ever, do y'all have y'all's areas where? And I, Greg, I know you do where you kind of you frequent those restaurants a lot, and that's kind of the one to go to. Maybe you're five or six and you and I was just looking for something different. And through casual conversation.
Speaker 2: With with with who now we started out with help saying I needed to help me heby pick a restaurant. I'm gay and I've never nobody know you. Just you like that voice because he calmed you. It's almost like Hobe.
Speaker 1: It's almost like there's a bro man slash life coach relationship with Tobe.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the textures is right, I don't I don't hang around you because they freeze me out. They're so just an they wanted to.
Speaker 14: So now.
Speaker 2: It's not so much that friendship. I would use the word dependent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, code depending well, we miss you, Greg, wish you Greg, you buddy.
Speaker 2: That's right, he doesn't need any help. He's got this. Did you a need a restaurant that Hoby suggested?
Speaker 7: Yes, it's the wick Burgers show.
Speaker 1: By the way, I called speedy trying that like that Hobe had not told him something and I ain't.
Speaker 2: Finally admitted it. Oh no, it was credit. It was give me the history of the restaurant. And I said, no, who told you that? Well, I told some of the people at the restaurant. I said I did, And I said no, who else, how did you? Well, hope you told me. All right, so let's go to just when you're feeling good about yourself. We refer to this.
Speaker 1: It's our own statement that we made about it. And that is what we call the mouth ults syndrome. Yeah, why am I listening to things or watching things that annoy me? Just like why do I keep sticking my tongue in the mouth aulter when I know it's gonna hurt, but I can't leave it alone.
Speaker 2: This is the experience of watching the view. Yeah, don't know much.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can watch it on time, but if I if there's a clip from the view. I'm always kind of interested to see what these ladies are going to do. I know it's it's the mouth aults. If I was Whoopy Goldberg, I would never make this statement because of how foolish it would make me.
Speaker 13: Look.
Speaker 1: Here is ever Stumptor before, here is Whoopy Goldberg. Here's her statement about the things we're finding out about Biden while he was president, involving his mental and physical health.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 3: It has always been a.
Speaker 11: Mass trust the trust issue because politicians, media, nobody does what they're supposed to do. Now, I say, for me, listen, he's eighty three, so he's a little stumbling, he's a little rumbly.
Speaker 3: I can't point to anything.
Speaker 11: That he's done as press that he did.
Speaker 9: For you.
Speaker 11: But but I'm saying, I want not you, but I want somebody to tell me, well, when did you know it was bad?
Speaker 3: If you knew, why did you wait so.
Speaker 5: That it was after he moderated the debate.
Speaker 11: Yes, I'm sorry, baby, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about. If you're telling me that hundreds of people knew that he was not able to do his job, then where the hell was.
Speaker 2: Okay? Well, he said she didn't see anything that gave her any indication.
Speaker 6: He's blaming politicians and the media for not being forthcoming. We all knew, everybody knew, and you all helped cover it up.
Speaker 2: Switch Thank you, Bud. It is frustrated. It does make you go to that voice. I don't blame you for that.
Speaker 3: She's outraged with the media and the politicians that.
Speaker 1: She and they they are furious about the Biden book that uh, that Jake Jake Tapper is putting out, and they're furious with CNN for hoking it. Meghan Kelly is upset for a different reason. She's saying, but you were part of the people. You you were covering it up, and now you want to tell us about it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, there's the interviews of Jake Tapper and uh, I think one of the Trumps.
Speaker 2: I forget who it was, is it? Yes, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 6: This plays it so Meghan Kelly's gonna call him out and then they're gonna flash back to a clip of remember Jake Tapper trying to cover it up?
Speaker 3: Remember the stutter?
Speaker 2: Yes, I did?
Speaker 3: Oh dare you make fun of his stutter?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is what that is.
Speaker 16: You cover the Biden presidency aggressively throughout the four years, and you didn't cover mental acuity hardly at all. I mean, time and time again when issues came up, you seem to be running cover.
Speaker 5: For the president.
Speaker 16: Interested well, I mean, we'll start with the Laura Trump issue that you referred here. It is this happened in twenty twenty.
Speaker 15: Like that, Jake, Joe Biden, as we all know, his work to overcome a stutter. How do you think it makes little kids with stutters feel when they see you make a comment like that.
Speaker 14: First and foremost, I had no idea that Joe Biden ever suffered from a stutter. I think what we see on stage with Joe Biden, Jake is very clearly a cognitive decline.
Speaker 17: That's what I'm referring to.
Speaker 15: It makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: You are, No, that's so amazing.
Speaker 14: You're trying to tell me that what I was suggesting was I think that you were mocking his stutter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you were mocking his stutter.
Speaker 15: And I think you have absolutely no standing to diagnose somebody's cognitive decline.
Speaker 14: And it's very concerning to a lot of people that this could be the leader of the Free world.
Speaker 5: Okay, that is all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I genuinely La sorry for Joe.
Speaker 15: I appreciate it. I'm sure it was from a place of concern. All we all believe that, Laura Trump, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. Yeah, did anybody ever confirm that he was a stutterer?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I'm just curious. Did Tapper respond to that?
Speaker 3: She goes, do you want to apologize?
Speaker 6: And Tapper's had to go on this apology tour as he's hawking this original sin book talking about Biden's mental decline that Tapper's putting out, that CNN is relentlessly.
Speaker 3: Pushingtunity and is his line.
Speaker 6: Tapper's repeated line has been, Look, I'm not going to stand by journalism that I've already apologized for, or journalism that I don't think was good. And it's just is a cop out after cop out, and it's just so frustrating, and there's no integrity amongst any of these people, and they're shaming you, trying to divert you into saying, oh, you're a bad person for making fun of his stutter, and it's that's evil, that's wrong, that's corrupt, and so much of the establishment Meetia have participated in that.
Speaker 1: John's John Stewart calls him on it in video three. We can get this in I love when John Stewart goes nuts over stuff.
Speaker 6: So here we go, and to set this up, this is the Daily Show is playing highlights of Tapper hawking his own book on CNN, and then Stuart is going to respond.
Speaker 3: He's going to pause, He's going to be shocked.
Speaker 6: Just so you know that this little silence of what he does after the highlight montage of Tapper.
Speaker 15: In a brand new excerpt from my upcoming book with Axios is Alex Thompson. It's called Original Sin. I'm not sure if you've heard of it. It's on Biden's Decline. It's called Original Sin. I'm sure you've heard. On May twentieth. That's Tuesday, Original Sin. That's coming out in three weeks, on May twentieth. That's just nineteen days away from one week and one day coming out.
Speaker 3: In just a few days, comes out Tuesday.
Speaker 2: You will not believe what we found out. He's staring it. I'm still staring at the camera. Don't lose. People have to tell you what they know when they find it out.
Speaker 7: Here's The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: We continue Rick Burgess Show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, good day.
Speaker 4: So we were in Australia for spring break. I know y'all have mentioned the kangaroo that was loose uh interstate a while back, and and do you remember that segment. Y'all were talking about kangaroos and such, but most Americans don't really give.
Speaker 18: A hoot or a thought about it, other than Steve Irwin crocodile dundee. But I just got to say, going to Australia getting the pettic kangaroo peta kalala, you know, feed them in such at one of their wildlife parks. Yeah, I wouldn't want to tussle with one, but the they do taste good too.
Speaker 17: You can actually the kangaroos over there as well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, their numbers are staggering.
Speaker 1: Andy Andrews, who told us when he was here and he's he returns next week, he told me that he was off air when he was talking about that, right. I can't say that a lot of them have those brush guards on the front of their vehicles, but they're for kangaroos.
Speaker 2: And he's had just run.
Speaker 5: I can't remember if he was on the off air, but it might have been.
Speaker 1: Remember that he asked the guy how many kangaroos have you hit? And it was in the one hundred hundreds, Yeah, hundreds. He said, Oh, hitting your kangaroo in Australia is nothing.
Speaker 2: They jumped right out.
Speaker 1: It makes our dear population look like nothing. We continue, Rick Burgess show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Hey y'all, how you doing, first time call the Love You Show. Thank you very much.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah.
Speaker 10: On that Joe Biden thing about his stuttering, you know in his earlier videos he didn't about, you know, with his interviews and stuff, he never stuttered like that.
Speaker 1: Well, there was definitely a decline. He's about before the decline before in the past. Well, that's true. I mean you never saw any signs of a study before he had a cognitive decline.
Speaker 2: You're right, sir. If he was a stutterer, he would have been study stuttering his entire political career and he never did, right or if.
Speaker 5: He had, he didn't stutter. That was the way the media was covering for for his decline. And don't forget also, John Pierre, whatever she was trying to say that there was deep fake videos of him stumbling and fumbling all over the place. They weren't real. The actually fake, That's what it was. When they actually were real, We're just real.
Speaker 3: It was just we we all were seeing it and whoopee Goldberg to be like, no one told us.
Speaker 1: I didn't notice anything, but well, Jake Tapper, as John Stewart just pointed out, and it was hilarious. Jake Tapper is saying, as a journalist, if I know something, you have to pay me in order for me to tell you about it. Because when I know about it, when it's for free, I.
Speaker 2: Won't tell you. Rick, you ain't gonna believe it. But if I put it in a book that you have to buy, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: That's what we found out.
Speaker 1: So even Jake Tapper is telling caller admitting that when he said that Joe Biden was a stutter, he knew he was lying. We continue, we bird your show, go right ahead on screen phone calls.
Speaker 9: Hey, thanks for taking our call. I'm here with my brother and a good friend of mine that we take to school every day. You want to say, hey, what's up?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 9: Hey, So this is our last day of school and we have listened to y'all every day since the very first day of school. So we just wanted to call in and say thank you for an awesome year of fun and good times in this car.
Speaker 2: Great. So what grade are you finishing up, like graduating or just the year.
Speaker 9: I'm finishing my junior year, my brother is finishing freshman year, and our friend is finishing his sophomore year.
Speaker 1: Oh great, Well and enjoy the summer and continue to listen. I know you may not want to get up as early, but don't leave us, Brandy, at least at least catch the dark out.
Speaker 2: Okay, you'll have a great rapper.
Speaker 9: We will definitely stay listening.
Speaker 2: Thanks, appreciate you very much. Glad you had a good year. Let's continue Rick Burder's show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 19: Hey, guys, did you see on Jesse Waters the other day? His on the Street guy Johnny went up to James Comy, the ex FBI guy, and asked him straight up, Uh, why did he wanted he post a picture of the shelves on the on the beach?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 19: No, that, Oh my goodness. He was at like a book signing and he had a book and everything and went straight up to him and laid the book down, and it was like, hey, buddy, come on, you knew what you were doing. And he just totally like, uh uh do you want your book signed? And he was like, yes, I'm a.
Speaker 2: Book that I haven't seen that adlers got it? That's great? So here here is this it right here?
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go to investigate the investigator.
Speaker 3: Thank you freaking turn Tom?
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 11: Jesse Waters from Fox has a question, Yeah, why do you want an eighty six Trump?
Speaker 3: All right, Awkwards.
Speaker 2: Director, I'm not taking a questions like that.
Speaker 7: Now, why why would you?
Speaker 2: Why would you post that? Today's still standing there?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 2: How was you want to be with the secret Service?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you want the book signed?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Okay, you got it.
Speaker 5: You signed my Seashell too? Features this that you're going to do?
Speaker 10: You find a commal Seashell six forty seven.
Speaker 2: It's a politically charged strector. Now they finally come to get him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: What are you sign my seat shell?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: What kind of me should you find? Those kind of sea is so uncomfortable?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: That Speedy didn't like it?
Speaker 3: No, I know I liked it.
Speaker 2: He was just uncomfortable, of course, man, of course it was. He wasn't sure what to do.
Speaker 3: Please look at the guy that out, look at the guy that kicked him out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you used to have those.
Speaker 3: That's what that would be me if I never worked here.
Speaker 2: Because you had, you had the little starters in there. You know, we say you you're welcome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Show unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: With all the graduations going on and Speedy teaching people how to bark and all that have y'all heard from mullets.
Speaker 12: Speedy bustard, ear drum.
Speaker 2: Oh made Greg's day. Oh he's done now, Greg.
Speaker 6: My niece, my niece, Lily graduated yesterday as well. My brother barked at her graduation.
Speaker 3: It's sweeping the nation's on fire situations. Lily by the way, way to go, kid.
Speaker 2: A lot of people losing her hearing. Yeah, Greg, so many, so many, so many, so many. I just want to think, Oh God, thank you, Mullett, thank you. And the way the way I found out there couldn't have been a better way. Oh no, that was. We couldn't designed it any better. I love the text Nation Rick Burgess saving the world. One adler at the time, that's so good.
Speaker 1: Uh we continue. Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Hey, Greg, I was gonna tell you.
Speaker 10: If you and legally have free time this weekend on Amazon Prime, you can watch the hit movie Pure Country, starring George Straight.
Speaker 1: By the way, people keep asking at this, I don't know that I want to watch it, I know, Greg, two emotional things. So they're saying the documentary Untold the Fall of farv and tonight I think tomorrow night it's Tarnhardt Doctum or tomorrow whenever I can find it, you're gonna watch that? Can you go through it emotionally?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sure, I don't know that. I I don't know that I want to see The Fall of far I know that I want to see that.
Speaker 3: I don't think it paints him in a good light.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's gonna be a lot about what he did on the film. Evidently it's gonna be right. Sorry, Brett, I'm Bret's come on. I mean, you can't hold the old stuff against people forever. They're gonna hit some of the new two. I'm interested because it shows him like when he was in high school and all this stuff's pretty sure footage. People are saying, Rick, don't watch it. I don't think I will. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm excited about tomorrow, I mean sorry, Friday. Friday is the release the twenty third of May, and it is going to start showing up on you know, new movies in your local theater. And the movie is called The Last Rodeo. It's from Angel Studios. Man, they're putting out some great stuff right now. Great movies, entertaining movie, the great dialogue, great stories. They look great, the stories are great. They've got great actors. And The Last Rodeo is the latest one. Now, this is a great movie, not something you know, Hey, I'm going to the movie and I wonder what I'm what kind of newit he's in here, what kind of none of that. Don't have to worry about all that. But it's also a really good movie. This is the same studio that brought you Sound of Freedom, great movie, King of Kings, the animated feature that came out at Easter Homestead. Another great movie from them. This is the Last Rodeo. So it's gonna this is action pack. It's about a retired rodeo legend who is forced to go back for his grandson. He's doing it of his own free will. But he thought he was retired. Now he comes back and becomes the oldest rodeo, you know, writer of his time, and he's gonna risk everything to get out and ride one last time for his grandson. And all this it's around it, it's got the it's very raw, it's it's heartfelt. You know, Mike, little misty eyed parts of it. Had a chance to see it. You're gonna love this movie. Go to angel dot com slash rick right now to grab your seats for the Last Rodeo in theater starting this Friday. Okay, that is angel dot com slash rick to see a great movie this weekend, The Last Rodeo. Tim Burchett, Tim Burchante, you know him in Tennessee. He is a Republican. So the Tennessee folks are screaming it at their TVs, at their radios.
Speaker 2: Whatever it may be. He said it.
Speaker 1: He finally says something about it, about the assassination of Kennedy.
Speaker 13: Here we go, Hey, everybody, Tim Burchett returning from a oversight committee. We were talking about the John F. Kennedy President Kennedy's assassination in nineteen sixty three, just some incredible testimony from the position in the emergency room.
Speaker 14: In the.
Speaker 13: I mean he told us the way the bullets entered, where they came from, and they came from two dad gum different directions, and there were four bullets fired. It just it was just incredible. Anyway, pick cover up, of course when we get to the bottom of it. Probably not.
Speaker 7: The person.
Speaker 13: You always got a patsy, and it's obviously Lee Harvey Oswald was a patsy. He might have pulled the trigger on one of the bullets, but they don't think on all three, and that would have been a bolt action, which is a man Laker car being it's an Italian car, being I got one somewhere. It's was written up in a magazine one time. It's the only gun that never won a wore. Oswald could have walked into a Westernato and bought an end one with a scope for under fifty bucks. At that time, there's just literally a Western auto. Everybody chose a mail order Italian carbon. The whole thing's just crazy.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: So he's saying second shooter, for sure, are multiple shooters, whatever the case may be. That's the party said, we haven't been told the truth though, right. And Oswald was arrested and they just said we'll hold him responsible for all of it. And he probably was part of it. He's just saying he wouldn't the whole thing. So there you go, different directions. Yeah, and there's so many, Greg, I know I can already and we always want transparency, but at this point, I mean, what we re lied to about, we're not any under any danger from it. Is anybody all that alarmed? Even the things we see now pandemic what we see now with this thing with Biden, tell me this is not the first epiphany that the government will hide things in lit to you about stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think we've got we've come back. We kind of know that, don't we.
Speaker 1: I Mean, it's and and if you find out, you're like right now, they said, well'll tell you one thing. The Cubans were behind it, Okay, Uh, the mob was behind it?
Speaker 2: All right? Yeah, are we going to go around these people up now?
Speaker 1: And I mean it's uh, I mean, it's interesting, but it doesn't really impact life a whole lot because it's so long ago.
Speaker 2: I mean, what is it going to really do?
Speaker 5: I think I think just on the fact that the Kennedy family needs closure on it. They need to know how he was killed.
Speaker 2: Do you think they know? Though I don't know who knows.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean, good night, sure, so by And in the American people don't like being lied to. I mean, that's that's tough. But you're right, Rick, I mean, there's not a whole lot we can do about it, but I guess maybe it helps gives us closure on what happened.
Speaker 2: If you're dealing with politicians in a giant central government and you're bothered about being lied to, you better learn to suck it up. Yeah, they make it right. Yeah, it doesn't make it right. I'm just saying it's not shocking. No, does anybody not shocked? But I don't like it. No, I don't like it either. But it's not gonna It ain't gonna stop.
Speaker 1: So you find out what you can when you can, and you need to learn to discern for yourself because some of it you go, well, I know that's not true, or I know that this is likely the scenario, don't you think Sometimes even like with this, if you go back and look at it. Usually the most logical answer is usually the right answer. There's exceptions, but most of the time you go out, all these people want to kill Kennedy.
Speaker 2: I mean, there was a lot stand in line.
Speaker 1: The way everything played out, it looks like some of the things that we had before us that they were more than one shooter, and probably they wanted to get the job done. They probably wouldn't have leaned on one guy, you know, and you know, you could have logically probably walked that out. But then everybody kept coming back saying, now, I do think Lea Harvey Oswald shot him, but he just apparently maybe wasn't the only one.
Speaker 5: You know, Adler that that video he played, remember that day he v ended the show with some just jall dropping video you played about somebody inside thatation, and then we just ended the show, moved on to traxt day.
Speaker 2: That was that was unbelievable. That's the one that had recording of his dad or somebody else.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yeah, and it's like, what in the world now, I do think it's And again, everybody involved might not even be here anymore. But if our own government had a part in playing the assassination of a sitting president. That's that's something we ought to know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's a big deal really. Of course, all everybody involved probably not there now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you said. That's what I say. But the c I A.
Speaker 1: And I mean, look what just happened with the FBI. Look what look at the attempts on to destroy Trump and destroy his presidency. I mean it's all still going on today. So it probably went on.
Speaker 2: The end too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in an amazing that all these people were all conspiracy theories and all this, you know during you know, COVID this, that and the other that comes out to a lot of folks were right, but yeah, they would call craz.
Speaker 1: Again, it was logical that it came from the Wuhan lab, because that was logical. As John Stewart pointed out, it's on the sign.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the thing we said about she or g or how you say his.
Speaker 1: Name, you know, walking around with a Walgreens mask go on, even though I'm sure they don't have Walgreens there, maybe they do, but you know what I mean, just your cheap everyday mask that you would put on, like if you wanted to cut the grass. And he's walking around in the wet market where a worldwide pandemic launched from, and he's the leader of China, Like that's gonna happen. That's not gonna happen. I mean, that's all logical. You'd hey, if I walk into restaurant, I'm contagious, but if I sit down, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, man, I mean this stuff was insane.
Speaker 6: And speaking of all that, the new director of the NIH, doctor Badicharia, he was recently speaking to the NIH NIH employees and after suggesting that COVID nineteen may have a ridge from the Wuhan lab and that the NIH helped fund it, which they did, dozens of NIH staff stormed out saying how.
Speaker 3: Could he say that? How could he? How could he say that?
Speaker 6: And Badicharia responded, well, it's nice to have free speech. Everybody, You're welcome. You guys will also want to point out that a lot of the people that were leaving had masks on.
Speaker 3: They were wearing masks. Still still, so, why why.
Speaker 2: Why would anyone think it's unreasonable looking caused by research conducted by human beings.
Speaker 3: Here's my charity.
Speaker 2: Possible that the part least sponsor that research and.
Speaker 3: If that's true, there's people walking out there.
Speaker 2: It's nice to have free speech.
Speaker 3: Welcome you guys, people walking out with masks on final las.
Speaker 5: You walked in that walking it out walking out doesn't make any less true what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Right, You can walk out all you want, but it's still true. I think.
Speaker 1: I think if you don't think that it got out of the Wuhan lab, that's the unreasonable place to be. Saying it came from the Wuhan lab is the reasonable place to do. You know, understanding that wearing a mask for a virus versus something that is bacteria based doesn't work. The vaccine. I saw Howie Mandel trying to claim that they never do you see that, trying to claim that they never told us that if we were vaccinated we wouldn't get it anymore or past it.
Speaker 3: They never said you wouldn't get it. They never said you wouldn't y.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, of course they did. Remember give it, you get it for your neighbor. Yeah, you know why because we remember.
Speaker 1: Oh, like I told you, I had gotten a disagreement one time with people that I like a lot, because they were claiming that Sherry.
Speaker 2: And I didn't love people because we wouldn't get the vaccine. I'm like, what.
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wow.
Speaker 1: So when it got like that, And remember anytime that kind of narrative starts, it's always trouble every time, because that's how you get heard of people to do things that they logically wouldn't do, if you can somehow find an emotional tie to it or scared them. Fear and emotion is always the way that the tyrannical people and governments get people to do things you know you shouldn't do through fear in your emotions.
Speaker 2: Every time, y'all.
Speaker 6: Remember Tim Walls sending the I believe it was a National Guard or police officers down the streets of the Minneapolis Twin cities with paintball guns shooting people on their front steps because they had.
Speaker 3: To be locked down in their homes.
Speaker 6: Yeah crazy, And that was a Clifton Carter, by the way, that Cliff that we sent that was the former executive of the DNC, associate of lbj's saying that LBJ knew about it and maybe even hired someone to kill Yeah, yeah, we knew that.
Speaker 7: He was the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: So I've noticed, you know, we talk a lot on the show about our lives and and you know, being husbands and dads and now two of the men on here are granddads and all the different aspects of that. And we've all been married for a long time. Speedy, you and Terry yesterday twenty five years had a great dinner together with you and Terry and Hoby and so it went well. Athers been married the least amount of time, but he's been married.
Speaker 2: A long time. Now, how long have you been married?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: This will be nine yeah, and then there you go, Greg, You're thirty five, thirty six years. I'm twenty nine and some change it'll be thirty this year. So you kind of learn each other pretty well, you know, back and forth. Well I have been accused of this. I don't know, but I mean I've been doing this show a long time, doing radio a long time, this show, for you know, almost one hundred shows on Friday. You know, spent thirty one years on the Rick and Bubba Show, and then you know the Morning Extravaganza before that, and of course they all request show. Y'all might remember that, and of course even on the air on AM thirteen ninety before. Over forty years I've been at this and Cherry says that I have a tendency to rant. Have y'all noticed this r rand that that that I will get on rants.
Speaker 2: If you have y'all noticed this, and so you got to find Yeah, I just I don't know, and so never heard that.
Speaker 1: So she's developed this new defense mechanism if she feels that a rant is coming, and she's she's established the phrase.
Speaker 2: She's established the phrase hush it, hush it. Hu'sh it hush it like don't don't get going with the building, Oh hush huh. Yeah, and we can we do that? No, only my wife can say hush it? Should should hush it? So, so have you ever had this, you know, middle of the night.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm old enough now that I'm going to go to the bathroom at least once in the middle of the night, probably twice, yeah, okay, and but definitely once. And I drink a lot of water. You know, we drink I drink water for five hours and then continue to really drink it a lot throughout the day. So usually when I'm going to bed, there's a lot of liquid's gotta go somewhere. And then and then you get into the you know, if you're on any kind of cholesterol medicine or anything like that. Those tend to be they're they're like they have a little direticuh.
Speaker 2: Angle to them as well.
Speaker 1: So I guess Sherry thought I was getting up for the day. I guess it was like one o'clock in the morning, and I was getting up to go to the bathroom. So when I come back, my pillow's gone, and it is at my pillow little room, and so it's dark. So I'm trying, Dell, I couldn't find it. So I'm trying to find it. Well, now I'm half awake, half asleep. So according to Sherry, I don't know it's true or not. She says that when I'm sleepy, that I that I that I tend to be ill. I don't know where that came from. And and so she goes, oh, and God forbid that you be ill and sleepy, you know, sleepy and hungry. She goes, it's here, impossible and and so so I'm now half awake, half asleep, and I don't like that. I can't find my pillow. That's you just went to the bath It's dark in there, and my pillow's gone, and can.
Speaker 2: You give me somewhere around the time, maybe one one o'clock, one one fifteen, somewhere there. And I start going, where's my pillow? Where's my pillow? She said, kind of angrily. Uh, And I'm like, where's my pillow? You got my pillow? Who's got my pillow? As if there's another there's another option, And uh, Mike Lindale goes, oh, I got it. And all of a sudden, it's big can all of a sudden from from the from the darkness on the other side of the bed. Because I can't see her, I start hearing hush it, shit, shit, and and I've got your pillow. I'm giving it back to you.
Speaker 1: Ship where you're going to be grabbing somebody's pillow trying to go and that and that's and that's the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Now get my pillow. You can't grab somebodya and uh. And so I don't know why she grabbed it. I don't know she I can only now that I'm awakening, I'm want to snuggle with the pillow. And what she's already got to him his shers.
Speaker 8: But I think.
Speaker 2: Head so I think what happened was she thought? I mean, now that I'm awake and I can reason.
Speaker 1: I think she probably just got confused and thought he's up for the day, he's going to work, so now I can come into his pillow too, And maybe so, But apparently I was. I was ill about it because I got out of the darkness a hush it. But at one time it's completely middle tonight and all you hear in our room is you.
Speaker 2: Get somebody, I mean grabbed. Somebody's grabbed. Somebody grabbed somebody's pillow. I can't go grab him, and I think she thinks that hush it pushes it back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you remember when, Mama, when when you were a little bit of a smart when you were put the words back, and my mom would take her hand and try to put those smart words back in your mouth, you know, with a little pop on your little front lips, making your mouth.
Speaker 5: I put their arms so long, did how did she reach all the way back there?
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's it's almost like they had some sort of ability to dislodge their shoulder joint and make their arms.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they did it.
Speaker 1: I thought, I guess, you know, way Mama could No way, Mama could have pushed those smart mouthwords back in my life.
Speaker 2: How did she do that? And still driving?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So uh so, Anyway, when I get home, I will tell Sherry I was sleepy and you know, didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 2: I realized now you probably thought I was up for the day. Just a common mistake. I've never heard you ran around here. But let's say you were to do it one day. What could we say if we see one coming? Yeah, you ain't gonna let y'all just yell hush it at me? What about? Okay, they did, don't do it.
Speaker 3: Don't do it.
Speaker 6: When people start making bald jokes, speedy you can yell hush it and we all say short jokes to me.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna do it? Are we gonna adopt that?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: We'll be back. Uh let me.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what I'm also concerned to be. We we do the big beautiful bill. Okay, uh, we get we get the funding for the dome. Certainly understand makes a lot of sense to to not being the to leave the world of if y'all shoot at us, we're going to I respect that opinion.
Speaker 2: I mean that truth is not an How do you test that though, but the way.
Speaker 1: Our elections are, and I'm glad there every four years, but sometimes when you got something going, I mean, four years is not a long time show. And then the Democrats you're gonna find some way to win. They're just gonna trash the whole thing. It's gonna be wasting. Be's fact, that's the fact, because we just we can't get it. And the Americans, you know what, we'll swing from one way or the other. We will, We'll claim we like what we can't quite seem to do those minor adjustments we swing.
Speaker 2: I'm shutting the dome down. We'll hear that.
Speaker 1: You're right, hey, one, you'll just wasting dome this and then we'll go back to that we could. We'll all be at peace by making their bite like us. And that's worked so well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But how about what we ended everything? You know what I'm saying. You got it, But but I understand what about hatchpath?
Speaker 1: But no, if you're gonna get me to spend money, I'd rather spend money on defense.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and that's high priority.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is, yes, defense, not needless wars, not you know, lining every everybody else's pockets.
Speaker 9: Not I like this.
Speaker 2: Get three estimates.
Speaker 6: Not feeding up, Yes, not feeding the military industrial complex.
Speaker 3: Not that actual good.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see three estimates. Phone calls, all ten lines available.
Speaker 1: Here's the number eight eight eight six Big Vox eight eight eight six two four four eight six nine.
Speaker 2: And if you dial out right.
Speaker 1: Now, you'll get in all phones ringing. Uh so when when you hear ringing, that just means okay, they see me.
Speaker 2: I'm on the board. Uh. And we'll get to you as quick as we can, and we'll screen those babies on the fly.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreened phone calls are underway.
Speaker 2: And you are first.
Speaker 12: Let's go, Hey is chucking Cincinnati?
Speaker 2: Hey Chuck? I come in.
Speaker 12: Hey, guys. I called him to defend Gregg. I know he gets a lot of flak for his Tim Tebow impersonation.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes he does.
Speaker 12: I listened to Tim Tebow the other day on the Sean Ryan Show, and it was a super serious subject. I'm not making a little making.
Speaker 2: Light oh yes, very serious shadows.
Speaker 12: Tim did not sound like normal Tim. Tim had a deeper voice. I saw I meant something.
Speaker 19: Maybe maybe this is serious.
Speaker 12: People you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be that that he would get hyped, you know, when he was getting fired up for a game. But boy, the stuff he's doing now is so difficult and important. Maybe it's now given him kind of a little different approach.
Speaker 12: Maybe it must be, because otherwise I don't want to I'm want to give Greg all the credit. But it may have got you know, who knows.
Speaker 4: You never know.
Speaker 3: You're right, it's a different tone.
Speaker 1: We'll take credit for that. Greg may have had something to do with it. We continue, We got a new tone. Rick Burgess show, unscreened phone calls.
Speaker 2: Let's go, gentlemen, how are y'all? We're good?
Speaker 10: Hey, yesterday on the whoever had the question about the top five gay band members or whatever?
Speaker 7: Correct?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm surprised Greg didn't say George Street.
Speaker 2: You know he's in enough trouble already. Don't start that.
Speaker 10: Secondly, A secondly, has Greg, have you seen one thousand pound roommates yet?
Speaker 11: Have not?
Speaker 2: You only had a one thousand pound show. I'm afraid to try to watch two of them. There's one called thousand pound roommates. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Lines are available now so you can join us. Eight eight eight to the number six big vox. We continue unscreened phone calls. You're on the Rick Birders show.
Speaker 12: Go years ago.
Speaker 10: I was told there was a black minister on the courthouse that's preaching, and he said there won't be no kupres is in hell.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's when, Oh, my goodness, I found thousand pound roomies. Oh no, Greg, let's say, oh, Greg, no, I just got my pillow. Oh it's trash. That's that.
Speaker 1: That's that feeling when that guy comes and says, hey, go down to that end of the pond. The fish are hitting goodness in the.
Speaker 3: Bathing suit shot, it was not necessary.
Speaker 2: Okay, what underwater?
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna say, why would they get a waterproof camera and do that?
Speaker 2: Oh the water?
Speaker 1: Hey, waterproof cameras are supposed to be going to give us a beautiful shot of all the wonderful life that's under the sea.
Speaker 2: Not that you know.
Speaker 3: I've it's like a whole new world under there.
Speaker 1: But my goodness, goodness, I won't know how they got them in and out. And if they stand in the water long enough, they'll form a new core reef.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Rick Burger's show here on unscreen phone calls, Go ahead, Greg.
Speaker 17: Yes, why is James crying?
Speaker 2: He just got dunked on. That's why every time that comes up, we can't. Now I'm gonna start doing it. Remember that's God, Greg.
Speaker 1: That But you know what, now that you're two tons sisters have lost weight, maybe you need to shift to this show.
Speaker 2: I like this the red neckness better than I do the wait part. Okay, you know, okay, how do you see that's an important We know that Greg's got a little white trash. Really yeah, Rick Burgers Show unscreen phone calls, go ahead, show.
Speaker 17: I love the Shorrow.
Speaker 2: Can't turn the radio now because this is new crack sleepy he sounds sleepy. Fra Greg, he makes Peo mad.
Speaker 3: My favorite gay band is Rock and Roll City.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 2: Rick Burgers Show on screen phonecos go ahead.
Speaker 10: Hey guys, I'm going back aways here. But somebody was talking to me about a video game from way back called leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, and I had a vision of Larry the patch guy standing in front of his patch wall in a leisure suit with a gold chain, with his wife standing next to him in an orange pantsuit.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I don't remember this video game.
Speaker 3: Bill, you don't want to remember it. Greg, it's a dirty game. I gotta be hones with dirt, dirty game.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Greg, what would jess Ko White be better to you if you weighed nine hundred pounds?
Speaker 2: I saw that some text nation would it?
Speaker 6: Or?
Speaker 2: No? The pounds doesn't mean as much as it much to use the white trash. Yes, there's no tap dancing if he weighs nine hundred? But does he has to have the tap dancing?
Speaker 1: Are you saying you would watch these sisters if they weren't a thousand pound sisters?
Speaker 2: I don't say how. They said that just in their neckness. Yeah, because if you go by just looking at this giant person trying to lose weight, you're going to watch a few episodes. But if the like I say, these on thousand pounds sisters, I mean it's it's the cast is why I watch it? And they're all there's one boy and four sisters. Oh my Rick birders show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Hey, I wanted to talk about Greg too. Wasn't he the one that pulled up the Mother's Day song?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes that's what it was. Yes, Yes he started that too. Mother. I cannot tell y'all how hard Me and my husband laughed at that song. It was so funny, and he was talking.
Speaker 11: My husband was saying, how.
Speaker 17: Greg set it up so well because Greg never showed his emotions. Oh yeah, he was so prepared to hear an emotional song.
Speaker 12: It was so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to think ahead of tear jerker. Yeah, thank you. If you're a mother, there is no other. And do me a favorite treating? Right your mother?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is the sound? Welcome to unscreened phone calls. When I was you, you're on the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 17: Go ahead, Hey, Rick, I got something and you're on the Stolen Yeah. So I put mine out in the carboard like Speedy does. But I started my truck about I don't know about an hour before the stone and turn of radio on and I went back checked on a good store.
Speaker 12: The hell, they're still asleep.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I had a dog that was causing me trouble, and I called a new company called dog Gone. Then all of a sudden problems, all of a sudden Rick problem solved and and they left a nice letter with a picture of the wonderful farm where they now live.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you that that really would be a good service.
Speaker 2: So this is the thing. You you show up when nobody's there.
Speaker 1: Well, somebody, some people try. Some people ruined it by trying to talk about the legal side of it. But if the owner, one of the if one of the owners books me to deal with it, and they've given me permission to remove the dog, and I done anything against the last, is anybody in trouble.
Speaker 2: He's in trouble with his wife. Once she finds out, she doesn't. Right, But you never, I mean, have I done anything illegal there?
Speaker 3: No, you're giving that dog sufficient habeas corpus.
Speaker 2: For sure, thank you. Judge. Yeah, I mean, but boy, you don't, don't don't you like there wouldn't be.
Speaker 8: Gone.
Speaker 2: Of course you have to be in an unmarked car. You can't have it all over your van. Hello dog?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, you just relocate. Got a dog that you know, the kids wanted it. Everybody got excited about it. You know, we liked it as a puppy for a little while and now it's kind of become my dog. And you know, every time we got to do something on that thing, I asked, is always what about the dog?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That one we're here. Yeah, I'm going to take the family to the beach. I'm gonna take the dog to the kennel. Okay, got it? Uh uh? You want to let me know where that is. Yeah, I'm going to take it to the kennel and I'll give you the address and you meet me there. Okay. Sounds great. We'll take care of it and know that your dog will be in a better place. Mm hmm. I mean that's you might have to have code words. You can't just come on out with dog like you know, say, like pizza or something. Yeah, hey, we gotta oh you code words, deliver the pizza, deliver hot dog. Yeah. So if somebody hears you, hello hot dog, we're here to help you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'd like to order a pizza, would you? Yeah? Would you like it to go? I would?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Would you like for us to meet you to give you the pizza?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: And here's where?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 20: Yeah you want thin crust or Now I ask a question in your business model, what's what I know that there's the idea of the farm and the acres.
Speaker 3: And the rolling hills.
Speaker 2: Yes, we all sell that one.
Speaker 6: What is actually in the in the I'm asking, honestly, what in your mind, is happening to the dogs Greg's house.
Speaker 2: We let them out, okay, we just let let him make make sure they're pregnant.
Speaker 3: Yes, he preferred that way.
Speaker 1: What we do is we make sure there's unwanting puppies as well, and then we release them at Greg's house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know he'll feed them. Yeah, no problems. Lisa will play something after she's run background checks on everybody. All we're doing is making sure that dad gets his life back. He just wants his pizza, and we give you a nice pretty picture of where we'll tell you they're going. But where are they going to Gregg's house?
Speaker 3: I've said that that's not a sustainable business model, Lisa, you know what.
Speaker 2: The sustainable business model would be. I do take them to the train station. If you watch Yellowstone, you know that's so. Let me ask you this animal shelters. You know there's a time. There's a ticking time on those as well. Yes, you know why, because it's not sustainable.
Speaker 3: Spam new to your pets.
Speaker 2: People. Sometimes people have to do what's right.
Speaker 3: Difficult decisions.
Speaker 2: They're hard decisions, yes, not easy.
Speaker 3: It seems kind of easy though.
Speaker 2: For you, But the clients are thrilled. They are yes, and they got their life back and.
Speaker 3: The kids get like a moon bounce out of it.
Speaker 5: Or you got more than two dolls one dog at each house? Can you order multiple pizzas?
Speaker 2: You can?
Speaker 7: Is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Archive available not long after that, and you can go get it on your own time on our YouTube channel or our podcast channel. Headlines headlines headlines that we didn't get to.
Speaker 2: Here's one.
Speaker 1: President Donald Trump has issued an astonishing defense you never guess the name I want to say, nixt of Joe Biden, wow, claiming a shadowy network of advisors took advantage of the eighty two year old's cognitive decline in the White House and wreaked havoc on the country. What Donald Trump is saying, I remember the first time I heard it. It was a comedian. Unfortunately he was talking about Ronald Reagan at the time when Ronald Reagan might have been getting in the early stages of dementia late in his second term, not to the level that we saw here. But I remember the comedian's analogy, and it was a great one. Even though I love and revere Ronald Reagan, he said, blaming Ronald Reagan for what's happening right now. Would be like blaming Ronald McDonald for a hamburger you didn't like at McDonald's. He had nothing to do with it. And I think this is what Trump is saying. You're blaming the wrong person. Biden did not wreak havoc on this country. It's those that took advantage of him and were really running the country.
Speaker 2: Which is a smart play on his part. Smart play, smart play. Yeah, and I think I'm much more accurate than being upset with Biden about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ooh, this one hurts a little bit. This one hurts. What you got.
Speaker 1: Anybody out there and involved in the now. The conglomerate that has become Ascension Healthcare, they'll buy up your doctor.
Speaker 2: We used to you were around here until they were a sentient for UAB bought them out right. We had a bunch around here. Uh huh where we all go? Yeah? Right, like this got a data breach, data breach. If your healthcare is.
Speaker 1: With any of the conglomerates of Ascension, four hundred and thirty thousand of you, your records have been exposed.
Speaker 2: You can't even have records. I mean, you can't even have an ascension. I hope nobody reads my blood work.
Speaker 1: The state of cybersecurity in the healthcare industry worries me a lot. Healthcare organizations, whether nonprofit or for profit, collect an enormous amount of data. And it's not just your phone number, it's your address, your emails, sensitive information, medical records, insurance details. This data is extremely valuable on the god forsaken dark Web, and it makes it a prime target for hackers. Ascension, a Missouri base based Catholic healthcare system with one hundred and forty two hospitals and one hundred and forty two thousand employees that they have now let their patients know that their personal and medical information four hundred and thirty thousand strong, has been compromised.
Speaker 6: Kid, wow, Greg, I did not know that Saint Vincent's in Birmingham used to be Ascension St.
Speaker 3: Vincent Now it's UAB, that is correct. Did not know that?
Speaker 2: You didn't know that. I don't know nothing. I was all over that they said that the breed.
Speaker 1: They said the breach was twenty twenty fourty, So okay, maybe yeah, maybe maybe We're all okay, so what we will see? Uh?
Speaker 2: This one while this headline Dicey Dicey, Dicey Dicey, a Chicago priest that was accused of being inappropriate with children. It is claiming that Pope Leo turned the blind eye to what was going on when he was in Chicago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know this term for something, it's uncomfortable. Again, maybe this is this is an okay term. It's in the article. But am I the only one that uncomfortable saying the term a defroct priest? That's an uncomfortable term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that correct term, I know, but it was. It's a really really gets your attention, doesn't it really? You know, right after the white smoke came out and they named uh Leo rick Uh, there was a story I saw that day that said, I think some of them in the Chicago area that they had been other priest that he was, I guess under his watch yep, and he turned his head. Now I'm not saying that happen, but I do remember seeing a story that there were some people that were claiming.
Speaker 1: That Pope Leo, now named head of the Vatican earlier this month, has been has been has been accused of turning a blind eye to the church's sexual abuse scandal in Chicago when he served as head of the mid West Province of the Catholic Church.
Speaker 2: And that is from someone who was accused of being a problem and and a big problem too. You see terrible, horrible, horrible stuff. So don't frocked. Thank you, Greg. Don't know of any validity of that. That is a story today, and that'll be controversial, no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: The term defract means removed, right, removed from that place of power, all power removed.
Speaker 2: Greg, That's it, But I thank you. I officially called it. That's on me for trying to answer that question from text nation.
Speaker 3: If you don't want to hear it pronounced, just to make sure we're saying it right.
Speaker 2: It really it makes me very uncomfortable, but sure, here it is. That's terrible, terrible.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Rick here from the Rick Burgess Show. Tomorrow, we gather we'll be breaking down the stories that have happened. That's the last time we were together, and of course always we'll hear from you via unscreen phone calls or hey birds from the email all tomorrow on a brand new Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the daily best of the Rick Burgess Show, Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the daily best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV M