Speaker 1: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 2: It was the new game day scratches from the California Lottery players everything.
Speaker 3: Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 1: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 3: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game. That's all for now, coach, One more question.
Speaker 1: Play the new Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine Ers and Los Angeles Rams scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace made responsibil must be eighteen years or older to purchase late or claim.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, welcome back.
Speaker 5: We got a very special edition today man Alsia Podcast, So shout out to New Orleans Day and no sure for sure, I'm looking for me and yeah.
Speaker 4: Boys, yeah.
Speaker 5: One of the best things about the podcast is that we get to travel, and we even put out traveling. We get to meet people from all different parts of the world right in, different coaches and different dialects and just different coaches. Is just it's really dope. So yeah, we we we got my gy wall Street travel here today. He's going to tell his story. He going to educate us on the stock market, all kinds of stuff. But once again, I wanted to give a shout out to New Orleans because I always say, like New Orleans they got every Every place in America has different accents, right, depending on where you're at, but some places just you can't miss, like right Baltimore and in New Orleans, they got their own, especially New Orleans.
Speaker 4: New York might have the strongest accent. Can't hear me, what what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Guy? My young friend, my guy, it's like saying, we don't even use that.
Speaker 6: When we heard you talking. I heard son, I heard you kept saying, sound like I got a little New York and them.
Speaker 2: But you know I came out hand well, I was in Delaware. I got some trouble.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so yeah, So this is this is an exciting episode because we covered stocks before, but we're more more on a surface level, like it's like one on one education. So I think this would be a little bit more of advanced conversation. And the guests they have different backgrounds. Everybody's everybody's past is different, and that's one of the things that we really like to highlight with the Legion podcast too, is that it's so crazy because we have people that graduated from Harvard, We got people that.
Speaker 4: Come off the street corner right school.
Speaker 5: The beauty of it is that education can't be measured in just one particular way.
Speaker 6: It's limitless.
Speaker 4: There's no walls to.
Speaker 5: It, exactly exactly. Some of Man Wall Street travel is a perfect example of this. So I give the people a background. So you you learned about the stock market while you was incarcerated, right, and then you came out and you was telling me that you was actually working as not a foreman is it an iron iron iron iron worker at the time you was like saving like seventy percent of your income and he was invested in the stock market. And from there you just you know, developed a system that you put in place and you were able to quit your job and now you you you're a full time investor as well as you have an educational platform. It's while to teach people to invest. So it's an inspirational story for sure. Sure, So yeah, can we we talked about that. So how did you all right, how did you get involved in the stock market and how did you learn about stocks?
Speaker 2: So I was in prison for like ten years, right, I did ten years for a ten murder or river right, that's sixteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was sixteen. Yeah, I went that was sixteen, charged me as an adult.
Speaker 2: So I got in a fight with these three dudes in a sale with me, and they did what's called uh, they ran a train on me. So that's when you fight three. That's when you fight people back to back without a break. And I didn't win. It's three against one, but I fought time. Had nothing in me to the storage come right, So I was busted up, but they were bust up, right. So I go to the hole, which is solitary confinement, and I'm in a hole with this white guy, right, And I guess it just was like on his brain because he just saw so many black people there.
Speaker 3: Like real talk.
Speaker 2: He must have was just bothering him. And he's like when I come to sell it, I'm like furious. I'm like, mama, you know, like I'm just I mean, I'm still in that moment, and he like, hey, bro, uh.
Speaker 3: He was like y'all, y'all are playing the wrong game. And I'm like, you think it's a game, bro, say no game?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: You see what we got going on here? But he was like, I don't mean no disrespect by it.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, well you've really been disrespectful right now, man, Like I ain't trying to hear that man like, you know. But I calmed down, you know, and he was like I indulged in that conversation with him. I was like, so, so what do you mean? And so he just told me, he was like, you in here for you know, shooting somebody.
Speaker 3: The average person.
Speaker 2: Who's in here is on some drugs or shooting somebody something like that. Y'all playing the wrong game. So I'm like, well, you ain't here with me, so what game you're playing? So you can tell what kind of charge somebody on body risk band. So if it's if you're a if you're on a capitol of fence or a violent crime like I was on, you'll have a red band.
Speaker 3: That's a murder of tim murder, carjack and kidnapping.
Speaker 2: If you have a drug charge, it'll be an orange band. If you have a misdemeanor charge, it's a yellow band. And if you're a federal offense, it'll be a white and red band.
Speaker 3: In New Orleans, so he had a white and red band. So I knew. I'm like, well, what you're in here for?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 2: So he was enough for embezzling some money from his business two point eight million dollars.
Speaker 6: Those are the white collar crime you did.
Speaker 2: So he kept eight hundred thousand. No, he paid restitution to eight hundred thousand and kept two million.
Speaker 3: So I'm thinking he lies.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, one thing about prison is if I see your paperwork, it'll tell me.
Speaker 3: What you're in here for.
Speaker 2: So he showed me a paperwork and I was like, oh, like that got my attention. And so he just told me three things that wealthy people do is they stop trading time for money. They give value to people, and they let their money work for them. And the best ways for you to make money is through the stock market, through real estate.
Speaker 3: And through a business. And that's me paraphrasing it.
Speaker 2: And because he taught me the stock market first, that's what I went with.
Speaker 3: And so through the remainder.
Speaker 2: Of my prison sentence, I just educated myself about it because I don't know how.
Speaker 3: This is gonna sound, but I just saw a whole bunch of white people.
Speaker 2: On TV talking about millions of dollars all the time, foreign language.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I was like, yo, what is this family?
Speaker 2: And so in prison, it's crazy because a bunch of grown men love to watch like the young and the wrestlers. Br right, it's just crazy, like God in light and stuff like this. But they he loved to watch that.
Speaker 3: So instead of making that a fight, I would get up before.
Speaker 2: Them and watch the stock market early at like eight o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would watch and be seeing like early in the morning, and I would be like, I just used to watch.
Speaker 3: It was painful because I didn't understand it.
Speaker 6: A lot of umber.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, what is this?
Speaker 6: A lot of colors had.
Speaker 2: Another dude was from Connecticut and he used to get the USA Today, and so he used to let me look at his USA Today and I would use that and look at the stock market back and forth. That's how I got the language started making sense to me because whether than reading the interviews, I got to read the actual business.
Speaker 3: Section of the USA Today.
Speaker 2: I got to actually see, you know, without trying to record it in my brain.
Speaker 3: I would see it in the newspaper.
Speaker 2: And so once it became like regular, I started reading rich Dad, Poor Dad, which I got introduced to by.
Speaker 3: My home and he was doing a twenty years for manslaughter.
Speaker 2: So once I got into rich that poor dad, it was a mindset shift more than an investment book.
Speaker 3: And so the two aligned.
Speaker 2: Because I understood at that point, this is how we play the wrong game.
Speaker 3: Everybody I know, I know how to sell a dope. Everybody everybody that I don't know, that's what they do. Even with my moms.
Speaker 2: You know, I saw my moms get shot, you know, when I was young, When I was about nine, I saw my moms get shot. And then like right the next year, I saw my cousin get shot in the chest. So everybody I knew was in the same circle. And here are these people talking about stocks, ownership millions, billions, and that just blew my brain. So I just stayed with it and I got it, understood it. So that was me just getting into the stock market right there.
Speaker 5: And then I guess you from there, you just consumed as much information as you could.
Speaker 2: Well, in prison, you know you can. You got time, Well you got times. You don't got time because you got time because I ain't going to no club or nothing. But I still gotta work every day, you know. So I worked in New Orleans is not to cut you off with.
Speaker 5: In New Orleans, you you actually work right like like I don't want to say chain gang, but like.
Speaker 4: You work outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I got transferred to prison. I went there for a little while to help them with some sandbags. That's the penitentiary. Yeah, that's the penitential. Yeah, that's the penitentiary. But I was in. I was in two spots, one called DCI, not dc I Felps Correctional Center. And then they transferred me for smoking weed. So they made me a high security risk. And so when I went to a maximum security prison, that's when I got in a chain and when they got to work and cell block.
Speaker 4: So they got a real chain game.
Speaker 2: Still yeah, yeah, they probably don't have it no more. But when you're on the work and cell block, that's what you're doing. You I cut trees down for about one hundred and ninety days. How about you got paid, uh a cent? Yeah, no, it's in an hour, in an hour. Yeah, but when you're in this, you don't get no paid. You don't get no paid. That's punishment. That's like, that's the jail within the jail, and.
Speaker 5: That's something that this is a little off topic. But it's really not because it all comes down to finances. But that's something that a lot of times people don't fully understand, like when they make these documentaries the thirteenth Year when they talk about like free label and stuff like that. There it's a billion dollar industry as far as prisoners working, but they're not getting it's free labor.
Speaker 3: That's what that's that's the newer, that's the yo. Check this out.
Speaker 2: Just imagine just imagines driving on the highway and you see acres of land. Now you see machines doing that. So just imagine I'm the machine. So every day, three of us, it's take four of us to cut a tree down because three two of us gonna chop it down and two of is gonna de root it, you know what I'm saying, Like it may take us a week to do that.
Speaker 3: But just imagine they.
Speaker 2: Got a hundred of us out there, two hundred of us, like in the year's time, we're gonna run through that bitch, you know what I'm saying. And then they're just going, Okay, well, since we got eighteen million acres of land, let's just go to the next passion. Okay, we don't got no more trees right now. Okay, Well, y'all gonna plant mustard greens. You're gonna pick daisies, whatever we got, y'all. You know what I'm saying. Whatever, y'all gonna do it, You know what I'm saying. So that that in itself, you gotta do that.
Speaker 6: One of the things about learning is that becomes very exciting and you can feel it in yourself when you grab something. So I'm just envisioned as you're learning about stops right. Yeah, get in the environment where it's like this dude's really trying to learn, and are you trying to teach at that point? Right? Like how do you share like all this wealth of knowledge? Are people like I ain't trying to hear that right now? Right?
Speaker 2: So, the thing about prison is so dope, bro, Like it's because some of the smartest people you'll ever meet.
Speaker 3: As though, like I'm talking, I say smart.
Speaker 2: Like I got all my A lot of my tattoos are done in prison, but they're done with an actual like done like a real tattoo gun that they made. So your mind, the mindset of people in prison, are they with it? You just got to present it to them. So for me, I wasn't in the teaching phase yet.
Speaker 3: I was learned. I was a sponge for it.
Speaker 2: But because everybody, like everybody is reading something, like you got dudes reading on metaphysics, you got dudes reading on Islam, you got dudes reading on Christianity, you got dudes reading on.
Speaker 3: Five percent Nation.
Speaker 2: Like everybody trying to tap into something, you know what I'm saying. So for me, I was tapping it. Not real estate is something a lot of dudes in prison tap into a lot of dudes into prison tapping a real estate because it's what you see and rich Dad, Poor Dad is like it runs through prison, like his run through prison. So for me, when I was reading stocks it was like way different. I was like by myself and it was like what you're reading free, Like, man, I'm reading the stock Mark, but it's just serious right here.
Speaker 3: And I would but I would actually get the paper and read it.
Speaker 2: So I didn't really get into the teaching aspect of it until I came home.
Speaker 3: Like once I came home.
Speaker 2: They were recepted to it because again not saying like I was just John Gotti or something in the streets.
Speaker 3: I was just a regular dude in the hood. Just getting it out.
Speaker 2: Everybody else get it out the hood, you know what I'm saying. So, but my perspective was different, So we learned from who we can relate to and who can break the message down the best.
Speaker 3: So for me, it was simple, bruh. We like to wear design to clothes.
Speaker 2: I love Louis Baton, I love Gucci, I love I love Findy, like love Findy, and all my homies drank him. They're all owned well, most of them are owned by a business called LVMH, which the guy is like in the top three richest people in the world. So if Louis Baton, mot Hennessy on why a cell and they're on Louis Vaton and they on Hennessy and they're on Mowet and this is what we're buying in the club.
Speaker 3: It feel different when you own it.
Speaker 2: So I a still tell my partners, if we're gonna go to the club, why not just own it? And now we're flexing different, we're stunning different because now we own Hennessy. So everybody you pop is your own business. That was intriguing to you know, like damns like.
Speaker 3: Real got them, now you got me.
Speaker 2: And then it was with Thams like this company VFC, like they own Dickies, they own Timberland, they own Vans. So I would tell my homies like, Bro, we were a teams every day. We were at Dickies every day. Bro, let's own it. And they were like on my own. I'm like, yo, Like, if you buy a stock in the business, you are literally a shareholder.
Speaker 3: You got a piece of the pie.
Speaker 2: Bro. So they bought into it. And so once they bought into that, the next thing.
Speaker 3: Was, Yo, check this out. If you go to prison.
Speaker 2: And you come home, you don't have no money. So now you're scrambling again. You're taking the chances again. But what if everything we hustled for we put a portion of it in the stock market.
Speaker 6: Because that was the initial purpose, right, let me help let me money clean the money, clean the money.
Speaker 3: Because we always looking for a way to clean money.
Speaker 2: And they're looking for us to have a laundromat, or they're looking for us to have a call wash or a barber shop. They're not playing us to be small enough. And I probably be explosed. Was in the game right now you feel me like, yeah, I said, But for.
Speaker 3: Me, it was if they don't think we're that smart.
Speaker 2: We have the advantage, right, they're not expecting it even when they great great situation when they when they kicked my door in a twenty ten, my door got kicked in.
Speaker 3: They ramshacked my house.
Speaker 2: They even took my escalator, but they couldn't take it because I still was paying a note on it. They looked at all my bank accounts, but they never looked at what I had invested.
Speaker 3: That was never even an option. I thought it wasn't even he not that smart. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So the initial goals to me, bro, this's how we clean money. This is how we can you know, get advantage in the game. That part resonated and also it was like, okay, let's say we got because we run it. Nobody runs through more money than the dough ball and a strip of yo.
Speaker 3: Nobody. Fact, fact, nobody, nobody.
Speaker 4: Maybe a rapper, probably a rather athlete.
Speaker 2: No, but see, he gotta get a check. Were talking every day, hand in hand. He got to get a check every week. We talking every day, hand in hand, like you're not touching it like that, but he's oh he blows it. Oh he blows the same principle even saying, but it was because we touching money every day, because we touching it every day all day like yo. Like for me, it was nothing. I can easily star. I was making about two thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 3: Easy.
Speaker 2: It's nothing for me to take. Okay, let me take seve hundred dollars, put that in a stock market right quick, like it's nothing. It's just it's just that quick. Now it's even easier. So it's like, okay, let's say you go do a ten year bid and you got you done, accumulated twelve thirteen, fifteen thousand dollars before you got popped. If you go do a ten year bid, and your money in a stock market when you come home, depending on how to stock performing, the market going averages nine to ten percent, so your ten bands are your twenty bands can easily be an extra ten thousand dollars over a ten year times man. And you because you ain't do nothing with it and you reinvested everything. Now you ain't gotta come home and scramble.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You don't have to come home and scramble no more. You you up. You you literally beat the game.
Speaker 2: Or if you gotta lay down for a long time or you get killed.
Speaker 3: You left your people something.
Speaker 6: At the peak of it, how many how many people did you have?
Speaker 3: Everybody in my.
Speaker 6: Hood, everybody the whole hood where you from?
Speaker 4: What part?
Speaker 2: I'm from mid City says, right across the track from the seventeen Well, you know.
Speaker 3: Everybody, see I'm right across the track from that, right across your track from that.
Speaker 2: So like my hood kind of like we like, oh, we're from the seventeen too, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, I know what I'm saying. That's that's two you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But because everybody in that from that part, like we went to school together, they came on the track, they dealt with our people.
Speaker 3: It was it was a good thing.
Speaker 2: But then right across it on this side is like the third ward.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was like it's complex, but if we understand.
Speaker 3: It, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But I was right across the track from right across track from how they wrote. So like like everybody in when I came home, everybody who I dealt with in that circle, we was with it. It was with it, and they're still with it. Dope that they're still with it.
Speaker 6: So you changed the narrative for real.
Speaker 3: That's what for me, that's what it was about. It was about me.
Speaker 2: Like one of my partners told me this, He said, Bro, y'all probably blurred this out. He said, Bro, you a squeat nigga in the street, nigga bout it? And I was like what he was like, because you think different, Like we would have never thought of that in our mind. We like, Okay, how can we take this money go get a business? And you're thinking about buying the whole damn business like that's some next level ship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you talk about that a lot. That, the feeling of ownership, the power of ownership. What was it like when you got to see your partners actually have that feeling for themselves.
Speaker 2: That was better than anything that was a euphoric because I knew at that point we touched something that nobody never taught us.
Speaker 3: Nobody never taught us about investing.
Speaker 2: Everybody teaches us how to blow money, work for it, blow it, work for it. That's the way the system designed. It's designed for us to make money and spend money. That's why they that's why companies spend billions of dollars on market, and it adds because that's why people spend two million dollars to have the supermowl commercial for sixty seconds.
Speaker 3: I need to be in your face.
Speaker 2: It's the same reason why we listen to it some on one time. I don't like it, but you listen to it three full time on the radio.
Speaker 3: You love it nothing, you know the words to it. Same thing I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna put in your face enough, you're going to buy it. And even with this, I learned that colors, like every fast food place, if you think about it, what color is their logo?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Red? Red, sick?
Speaker 2: It makes you hungry. Red makes you hungry. That's this whole psychological game. And we don't know about like red. I studied that, like red is a color that makes you say, man, I'm hungry. Think about them, like majority of them are red. So I was just like, yo, were just playing. We're just not playing this game to win, like it's not in our favor. But I'm not mad at the system though. You just got to find a way to be a way to play the game. You can't even beat it, you gotta find way to play it. Playing the wrong game, you playing the wrong game. So for me, when once my partners tapped into it, I was like, oh yeah, we winning.
Speaker 3: We're doing something. You know, we're doing something.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: So in the next said we're gonna talk about how to play the game. We're gonna bring up the d on the stock market, all right, So now we're going to talk about all right, so you you made the transition from the street well prison to helping educating brothers on the street corner, and then you were working. And then but as you were working, you were still saving investing. Then you made that journey to be in a full time invest the entrepreneur educator. So all right, we're going to talk about some some some some concepts as far as so stocks. If anybody's not familiar, that's something that is very near and dead in my heart because that was like one of my first passions.
Speaker 4: And like I did, I.
Speaker 5: Was in love with the stock mark when I was like eleven years old, Like every it was very I look back on it now and it's very strange, but it was like my favorite movies was like Wall Street and like you know, Barbarians at the Gate, and I wanted to be a corporate takeover and that was the first career I wanted to do. When I was twelve years old, people will be like, what do you want to do with average kid is like, you know, basketball player, firefight might want to be a corporate takeover. It was just intriguing to me. It was just really intriguing to me. I went to Wall Street. My dad took me to Wall Street when I was a kid, and I just I was always just intrigued by how fast it was moving and.
Speaker 3: Finance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. So it was just intriguing.
Speaker 5: So so I say that to say, yeah, this, this is something I definitely was looking forward to having this kindversation because, like I said, real estate, everybody's in real estate, and real estate is important. It's extremely important to own the land and to owned buildings and to own stores. But I think stock stocks don't really get enough light, especially in our community, because they feel like it's something that's too complicated over their heads, or it moves at a slower pace than something even though real estate can move in a slow pace too, But people are, like we said off camera, they're fascinated with the quick flips, you know what I mean. So it's like people if they do get involved in investing trading, they want to go like crypto, like they're saying with even.
Speaker 6: Not that word again.
Speaker 2: So also because it's not tangible, right that they don't see the tangible.
Speaker 4: As they don't they don't fully understand it. People still don't fully understand it.
Speaker 5: So all right, stock market investing, right, talk about what is your theory? But from buying and holding and day trading, because that's kind of like the two trains of thought and investing. It's like day trading. Anybody's not familiar with da trading. That's when you're actually buying a stock and you're trading it in today sometimes like within a couple of minutes, and you're getting your profits. Whereas buying hole there's more you're buying and you're you're holding long term. That long term could be six months, a year, ten years, twenty five years, but you're not looking to make quick decisions. So what's your theory between buying long term and day trading?
Speaker 3: Alright? So with buying long term, that's what.
Speaker 2: The wealth is at because when you buy a long term you're not affected by the short term plivities that.
Speaker 3: Go on in the market, and you can't control that.
Speaker 2: So because I can't control that, I want to say I'm willing to wait that out right, Whereas with day trading, it's a high.
Speaker 3: It's like, yo, this just went.
Speaker 2: Up some about to get this bread and I'm gonna get out. But what people don't tell you about day tree and I have nothing against because the money in it, but those capital gains taxes that come with it gonna eat away.
Speaker 3: At your profit.
Speaker 2: Right with stock marked with the way that I invest, my goal is.
Speaker 3: To just hold it at least for a year and a day.
Speaker 4: So all right, let's talk about that.
Speaker 5: So capital gains for most people, it's like fifteen person.
Speaker 3: Nah, twenty twenty nine, twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Short term capital gains, oh yeah, you go, you're gonna go with eighteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because long term capital gain is fifteen percent, so yeah, so short term capital gains, yeah, it's higher. So capital gains is when you sell a stock, you gotta pay taxes on that. And I ask you said, and the short term capital gains is more than long term capital gains, which is an incentive to hold it in ang term capital game started a year, right.
Speaker 6: All right, So if I got I bought a stock one hundred dollars, I made one hundred and fifty. I'm paying a tax on the fifty.
Speaker 3: You're gonna pay a tax on a fifty.
Speaker 2: Now, if you hold it for a year and a day, you're only gonna pay about twelve percent.
Speaker 3: If you hold it for six months, you'll pay about twenty two.
Speaker 2: So the goal is just and so the goal in building wealth, and it's simply this. It's not about how much money you make, it's about how much you keep.
Speaker 4: That's the fact.
Speaker 2: So for me, I want to keep as much as I can. And so if I got to hold it for a year and a day, I'm cool with that. I'm cool with it because I've gained equity in it. And if they're paying dividends, I don't got some. I don't got full quarters with the dividends, and I made my bread.
Speaker 3: I'm good. And see that's the part of like trading that people don't talk about.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: It's like you said, it's not sexy.
Speaker 5: It ain't sexy, and they want they want short term gratification without you know, being in it for the long haul.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: And the thing about it is that nothing happens overnight nothing, and you don't. You don't build wealth overnight as well, And it's important. I always tell my climate financial advisor. I tell my clients whole time, you have to you have to diversify, like you can't put all your eggs in any one basket. Right, you got diversified, so you might have real estate, but it doesn't. It's not healthy to just put every dollar that you have into me now, right, it does. It's common sense for a lot of different reasons. But stocks is a key wealth building tool and it should definitely be part of somebody. Most people are invested in stock market without them even knowing it because of the four one K plan.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So dividends, right, because this is something that we haven't covered and a lot of people have heard of dividends, but they don't fully understand what a dividend is.
Speaker 6: So what is a dividend? You said, that's one of the strategies you use.
Speaker 3: So it happens.
Speaker 2: Is dividends are a portion of the profit that companies pay to people who are invested in a business.
Speaker 3: Not the revenue, but the profit.
Speaker 2: So if I have a business that brings in ten thousand dollars a month and I profit five thousand dollars a month. Then out of that five thousand dollars, I'll take a percentage of that, which is called the dividend yield, and I'll pay it to my investors as a part of saying hey, thank you for investing in my business.
Speaker 6: Is it paid equally or obviously depending on how many shares you have, you get more.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the dividend is the same. So if I pay fifty cent a ship, everybody, which is two dollars a year, everybody gets that depending on how much you have.
Speaker 3: If you got five, I have ten, you have fifteen, and we will all get a different amount.
Speaker 2: But the underlying asset value is the same.
Speaker 5: So what are what are what are some top companies as far as dividends these days?
Speaker 4: What are they at?
Speaker 2: And T pays seven six percent? That's major now, so this is a dupe part. So we talk about real estate right, the real estate aspect of the stock market, which is called real estate investment trust, which is a rep which is saying I can own Walmart as a business, and I can own the people who Walmart pay rent to because they don't own the building, they just own the name. Like Amazon, has a warehouse. I can own Amazon, and I can also own the warehouse. Who pay who Amazon pays the rent to rates? Pay higher dividends. We talking twelve percent, nine percent, seven percent, So individual stocks at and T, Macy's, Century Li. Now that's a bad business, but they pay a high dividend. That's what's called a dividend trap. We're not going to get into that.
Speaker 6: How they disperse quarter how this person.
Speaker 3: So every business is different.
Speaker 2: So with a lot of the ates they come out, some of them pay monthly and some Rember I was telling you that I have businesses. One of my businesses is Apple Reality. They own one hundred and twenty eight Chatons and the Hilton's and two hundred and something Marriotts.
Speaker 3: They're not going out of business in his armes Zoom, but they pay me, I.
Speaker 2: Think at a nine percent rate on their rates, and they pay that monthly.
Speaker 3: So every month they're paying me.
Speaker 4: So that that's nine percent on the money that you have invested.
Speaker 2: No, that's nine percent of the stock price. Okay, right, So that's all a dividend yield is. So a dividend yield is this If the stock price is one hundred dollars and a dividend yield is five percent, then your dividend is five percent of that one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: That's what you're getting paid. OK. That makes sense.
Speaker 4: It's passive, superpass passive.
Speaker 5: But you do have to have large amount for it to This is true, But you were saying that you have to start looking at it like, okay, just to pay my cell phone bill?
Speaker 3: What's your freedom? Part?
Speaker 6: You talk about AT and T, but you got tore at and So.
Speaker 2: What happened to me was I started asking myself how do I buy back my freedom?
Speaker 3: Right? Like, how do I buy it back? Right?
Speaker 2: Because it's not given to you, just like you know shadow slavery, Like I'm not going to give it to you. You gotta buy it back, you gotta fight for it. So I was like, how do I buy back my freedom with the stock market?
Speaker 3: Because you can't save to investigate it back?
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: We know that you can't work a bunch of hours to get it back. So the next best thing for me was dividends. So I was like, Okay, what do I use every day? My phone bill? AT and T and I have Apple product. So because AT and T pays a five percent six percent dividend year. I was like, okay, I need this this many shares of this business.
Speaker 3: To pay off my phone bill every four.
Speaker 2: Months because AT and T pays quarterly, which is every three months, Disney pays semi annually, which is twice a year, and then you have some businesses that pay every month. Right, So I was like, Okay, if I can get AT and T to pay my phone bill through their dividends full times a year, then I have essentially bought back my freedom because I no longer have to work to pay for that phone bill.
Speaker 3: AT and T paying for me. And so you can do that with your If you're in.
Speaker 2: Georgia, you can use Southern Company, which is another great dividend business. How much is your phone bill and your light bill eighty one hundred dollars they pay like three four percent dividend. Figure out how much the diffiden than is per quarter, how many shares your need of that business, and then let that.
Speaker 3: Pay your light build.
Speaker 2: So if you can give your dividends from a business to pay your light build and your phone bill, you've bought back some of your freedom because now you can take that money and invest it and do something else with it.
Speaker 3: That's optimizing your money. The money is just a tool. We know that much.
Speaker 2: So if we can use the tool to do that's supposed to do, then we get maximum value for it.
Speaker 5: And that's so once you fully understand investing, you start to understand that it's like Spanish. Right, So I don't know, I mean, spend people in New Orleans, but they got a few half like seventy percent of New York is spanding. Maybe not, Yeah, New York spent a lot. So I say, I have to say, when you're around Spanish enough, you start to understand it a little bit better.
Speaker 4: You might not be able to speak it, but you can kind of have a general understanding. Right.
Speaker 5: The same thing with investing. When you're around the language of investing, it starts to make sense and you realize that they're all kind of similar. It's just like actually when you learn foreign languages, like Spanish is similar to French. They all come.
Speaker 6: From like a Spanish Portuguese.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're all.
Speaker 5: Kind of similar. I forget where they actually the route came from. But long story short of it is that what you just explained was the same theory that dj MVY explained to us when he says that he doesn't buy any liability until he has an asset to pay for. His thing is real estate, so he buys a home and now he has a home to actually pay rental for his Lamborghini ORF like that, Like I'm saying, so you just bring it down a small level.
Speaker 6: But because I mean, and that's key though, right if you break it out a small level, like.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, well and then and then also people have to understand too.
Speaker 5: Is that so people might say, okay, well I got to put two thousand dollars into a stock to get one hundred dollars dividend, it's not worth it. But the thing about it is that it's not like you're paying for something. You're investing so that two thousands gonna grow over the course of time while you're getting your diffidends. So it's not like you just putting your money into never ever Land. It's actually going to an investment that will probably gain value over the court of time. But in the meantime, you're actually gaining income that you can use via the dividend, and now you can actually use that to support your life, because, like you said, you gotta find a way to actually make money while you're sleep. That's what Warren Buffet said, right said it said, if you don't make money while you're sleeping, work, So by doing that, now you're actually Okay. Now I can, like you said, you can focus on Okay, now I did that. Now I gotta do something to pay all right, to pay my mortgage, and I gotta do something to pay my card bill. And then before you know it, you're not actually paying anything yourself. It's all being paid for you, which leaves you more money because that two hundred dep now you can actually reinvest and do other things and just kind of like a domino fest.
Speaker 6: Like Lord said, it was like, yo, I treat money like little soldiers. They have to go work.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: But also also you're forgetting something that's major, the ownership.
Speaker 3: M Ye you feel me.
Speaker 2: So while your money is working for you through the dividends, your ownership your equity is also increasing. Yeah, so that's how you like you leverage the game with that.
Speaker 5: And that's something that people don't understand either. It's like people it's like, well, everybody's not an entrepreneur. I don't want to own a business. There's a lot that comes from owning a business. But there's more than one way to own a business. If you buy a stock, you're an owner in that company. That's one that's probably the easiest way to own a business. Now you're not going to be the majority owner, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: It doesn't you're still an owner.
Speaker 2: Warren Buffett owns six percent of Coca Cola, right, so he's still not a majority owner, but he still has say sol And this is the one thing about the stock market that I love. I can vote on every business that I own, and they have to acknowledge me, like I literally bought three shares of Breakshot have the way b Let's make sure I say that be what's.
Speaker 4: What's the aig something go up to one.
Speaker 3: Hundred, three hundred and some thousand.
Speaker 2: Please, there's a difference. It's a big difference. So let me say, because I don't nobody to be like.
Speaker 3: Man, you gotta you ain't got no man. I heard that.
Speaker 2: So I literally bought three shares of Berkshaw b.
Speaker 4: Which is which is Warren Buffer's company.
Speaker 3: Yes, I bought my daughter. That's another thing.
Speaker 2: So at three years old, my daughter has five thousand dollars invested in the stock.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, finished, But I bought uh three shares of berkship Be so I could go.
Speaker 3: To the Warren Buffett Annual meeting and I had right.
Speaker 2: To vote on anything in Omaha. Yeah, I went to NIPS That's when everything happened. But I'm going next year for show for and the only way you can go is if you own at least one share, right. So I was like, okay, cool, and you actually get to.
Speaker 3: Talk to this man.
Speaker 5: So I'm glad you said that about your daughter because speaking of NIP. Actually, when we I posted about NIP, you commented on that post for sure about and you was talking about a custodian on account for your daughter. So I had put a post up that like, if you celebrate Christmas or for kids' birthdays, a suggestion is that you know, if you're going to spend two hundred dollars on gifts, maybe spend one hundred dollars on the gifts and one hundred dollars on an investment. Right, And he was like, well, how do I do that?
Speaker 3: So I walk you through that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it exactly.
Speaker 2: So it's basically I don't buy my daughter toys at all. I told her mom, and I'm like, listen, I'll buy clothes, I'll buy food, I'll buy necessities.
Speaker 3: Ernest, what's up.
Speaker 6: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you buy P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 7: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With INDEED sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates. You can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need, but.
Speaker 2: Everything else on byastocks. So just walking. It's called a ugmme a cone. It's a custolial com I use td amemoratory. And all you're doing is just like opening up a bank account and you'll just add your kid to it. And what happens is you have actual control of the cone until the kid is eighteen. Once the kid makes eighteen, then they have control. My thing is simple, and so this is how we shift the dynamics. Like this ownership stuff is real powerful to me. My daughters three and I invest money for her monthly weekly Right right now, my daughter at three can tell you what assets and liabilities are. These is a conversation that we have right she knows, I say, what dividends come from.
Speaker 3: She'll say, dividends come from Shell. She'll say that.
Speaker 2: By the time she's eighteen, she will already be six figures her own network. That's powerful. That's a whole nother dynamic. We've put her in position to have privileged opportunities.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Also, we've now established to her the importance of ownership. Right, So what happened with us when we was kids? I don't know about y'all. When I was kids, money was always scarce, Like we ain't going no money for that. We got bills, right, you know? But now at three, she can talk to me about Disney stuff, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So for me, that's what I do.
Speaker 2: Everything we do right now, her account, I think she had like fifty five hundred because I've been buying these weed stocks since they've been on sale, and I bought some for her.
Speaker 3: Can it be growth?
Speaker 6: What was the name of the account at the bank, the type of account.
Speaker 2: It's called a custodio account, But when you look it up on the TD Amelitrade, it's goning to be called U.
Speaker 3: G and me.
Speaker 6: Can it go through? I know you said TD Melitrade, but through? Is it all but through other banks as well.
Speaker 2: Well, I went through you can go through Fidelity Charles Swab.
Speaker 4: Most of them have yeah, and have accounts.
Speaker 5: They have five twenty nine, which is a college savings plan a couple of different ways.
Speaker 2: I don't like the five twenty non why not because it's boxed in, it's Boxton just you have to use vocal.
Speaker 5: Well they actually change with the new tax law and now you can any form of education.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you get penalized.
Speaker 2: And so with the with the custodia account she used for whatever she wants at eighteen.
Speaker 3: So that's why it's good for you. Now you can build that conversation.
Speaker 2: That's why it's good for us to learn how to invest, because our kids are going to do what they see us doing. That's just a natural fact. We all are creatures of our environment.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: So we start having these conversations with them at a young age. Like her favorite book right now is a book called The Evolution of Money. Right, She'd be like that, let's read the Evolution of Money, right and.
Speaker 3: Three you know what I'm trying to read, yeah, yeah, trying to figure out we walked.
Speaker 6: Through this as a parent, I'm in educator. My son is thest five and just learn how to read what.
Speaker 2: I mean, she reads, she she I'll say this, she identifies words, all right, Okay, so I'm not gonna say like she likes that's fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna say like she on some dougie she identifies words.
Speaker 5: Now, But that's e stremely be powerful, like you said, because the parents have to leave it by example. If you don't have an example for your kids, then they're going to get the example just from pop culture music, the world streams, you know what I mean. So it's extremely important. And like I said, it's just seeing different people in different conversations and it's like that's one of the cool things about this podcast. It's like we have these conversations and if it's like we could be like people on the basketball court or you know what I mean, like, but we're actually talking about things that are really important, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's like a.
Speaker 5: Cool feel because it's not stuck up, it's not fake, it's not phony, it's natural and a lot of times until people feel like they have to like dumb themselves down to be accepted or you can't. You gotta watch how you speak because you don't want to sound too intelligent. These things is real. I'm glad that that. I think that the tide is starting to turn on.
Speaker 4: That it is.
Speaker 2: I actually like I love the the temperature that's going on right now, just.
Speaker 3: With even with you all. You know, I'm like, bro, like y'all, y'all shifting the culture with this.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it, you know what I'm saying, because there are a lot of podcasts out there right everybody. Everybody has something to say, right, Everybody has something to say, and they want to say it in their own unique way.
Speaker 3: What I love about y'all have is however.
Speaker 2: You're gonna come speak speak it fact you feel what I'm saying Like, there is no Hey, we can't like whatever you want to speak about, but it's all about the improvement of the culture. As far as you know financial literacy, and I didn't know you was in the finance.
Speaker 6: Bro, so that's a whole nother life next right to the ownership ownership right, nobody's telling us make sure y'all cover this, yo. We're gonna put the cameras werena speaking, right it's problem, man.
Speaker 3: I remember you posted something.
Speaker 2: You said something about ownership, something to be posted like recently.
Speaker 3: And I love when you post certain stuff because I can come in there and just go harder.
Speaker 2: Right, I'll be like, come on, man with it. So, and somebody complained about you talk. It was about taxes, and I said, the problem is that because somebody said, why don't they teach the people? Yeah, And so I was like, yo, why would they teach us this in school? It's not that they should teach us. Why would they?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: So this is a dope analogy that I always use.
Speaker 2: So we know that the lion is at the top of the food chain, right, So he's not the king of the jungle, like we feel like that's some bullshit, right so.
Speaker 3: Faris I'm not gonna say that ship.
Speaker 2: But he's at the top of the food chain. The lion cannot tell the zebra, the impiler, or the water buffalo how.
Speaker 3: To get away. He can't.
Speaker 2: If I tell you how to get away? What do I eat? What do I eat? Either I become a vegetarian or.
Speaker 3: I eat my own kind?
Speaker 2: Right, So he can't and if he did, they would tell one another how to get away. Same thing with this the upper echelon or the financial predators.
Speaker 3: We are the financial prey.
Speaker 2: I can't teach you how to get away, but if you learn, I can't stop you.
Speaker 3: I can't stop you.
Speaker 2: Wealthy people don't make wealthy people rich. Poor people do, right, because we have no relationship with money.
Speaker 3: So I can't teach you how to get away. Then what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna teach my kids how to be predators. And I'm teaching my daughter how to be a predator, not on people, but just how to have ownership.
Speaker 3: They can't teach you that in school.
Speaker 4: What they Yeah, it's like, yeah, that's what.
Speaker 5: That's what the five percenters say, like eighty five percent by ten percent, which is like the bloodsuckers are the poor the five percent of the poor, right is teachers teach, but we're not poor. But facts were gonna liberate that. We're gonna take the poor part out, liberate that because we're gonna be even pay the full like that, you know, because yeah, we're gonna We're gonna liberate the people from the bloodsuckers of the.
Speaker 6: Poor here for the facts.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Can we just talk about investing in ETFs. Let's talk about so explain. Can you explain what the ETF is and then how to be invested.
Speaker 3: So ETF is an exchange traded fund, So.
Speaker 2: It's basically this is this is so all my people tell me, like, I just had the dopest analogies. Bro, Like I come up with them because I love to relate to people. Right, So ETF is like saying this without even getting technical. Let's say you're going walm Right, you go on Walmart and you don't know what you want to buy, so you buy the whole store.
Speaker 3: That's an index fund.
Speaker 2: Let's say you go to Walmart and you want to buy a specific kind of pop tarts, right, So you go to the pop tart oil and you see so many flavors of pop tarts.
Speaker 3: You're like, you know what, I just want this whole out of pop tarts. So you buy the whole out of pop tarts. That's the ETF. Doesn't make sense. So what the ETF is.
Speaker 2: It's a group of businesses that operate the same or sell similar products. Example, you want to invest in marijuana, but you don't know which marijuana stock to buy. You buy either a marijuana ETF called YOLO or you buy MJ And now at this point you have.
Speaker 6: All the marijuana stocks, they're all inside that's the ETFTCHA.
Speaker 2: A trick to that is this, you can buy ETF and because they've already done the homework, because they're gonna have the best performance stocks in the ETF. At that point, you can see you can go to what's called ETF dB, which ETF database.
Speaker 3: I'm giving y'all some game right quick. Like, you go to.
Speaker 2: ETF database, you put that ETF in and they'll tell you every ETF that's in the ETF, and then they'll tell you how much of a percentage of that ETF is holding that business. So it'll say this ETF has fifteen percent of cannopy growth. That mean for every dollar you put enough, fifteen percent of that is going to cannopy growth. It may have ten percent of uror cannabis. They may have five percent of chromes. So you can literally say, Okay, I don't want do the homework. I want to be lazy. I'll go to the ETF, see what's one they hold, and just pick the top companies in the ETF. And at that point you went Now you don't know the value of it. That's that's what I teach people about value, how to value it. But if you just want to be a lazy investor, you can all you can just do that because ETF is gonna have the top performing businesses in that sector inside the ETF and you.
Speaker 4: Just picked that and indexed funds.
Speaker 2: So index funds would be you buying a whole market. Now they are broken down different ways. So you can buy the doll Jones, you can buy the S and P five hundred, these are index.
Speaker 6: And as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can buy a Nastak, you can buy the rust of two thousand, which are the full majors.
Speaker 3: Then you can break it.
Speaker 2: Down and say, okay, I just want to get a large cap ETF.
Speaker 3: So that's all.
Speaker 2: Businesses that have one billion, two billion are better, right, so every business in here is going to be two billion dollars or better ten billion. I'm sorry, ten billion are better. Then you can buy a mid cap, which businesses that stop at two billion. And then you can buy a small cap, which is businesses under two billion, two billion dollars worth under two billion dollars market cap.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the market cap, so market capitalization, that's kind of how they categorize stop. Yeah, And I always like the analogy that I use. It's like you have giant cap, large cap, those who are like, you know, giant.
Speaker 3: Companies one hundred billions are better. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Then you have you know, mid cap. Then you have a small cap, and you have micro cap. So the thing is that usually, and correct me if I'm wrong, the larger to cap, the less volatile. Like it's almost impossible for Apple to just fall apart overnight. It's they're also not going to quad duple over night either, where a smaller company, good news can send their stocks skyrocketing, but then bad news can bankrupt them.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of like a speedboat and.
Speaker 6: A cruise ship, like a wee work situation.
Speaker 4: We gotta talk about we work, talk about work.
Speaker 2: But that's called beta. What you're talking about the volatility. So if you're gonna invest in the stock, you can look at the beta of it. A low beta means it is not volatile. A high beta means like Tesla, high beta, high risk, high reward.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: But McDonald's probably a beta of zero point nine, right, So it's not gonna you know, it's not like you're not about the week up to dam McDonald's is at two thirty and tomorrow tomorrow is at one fifty.
Speaker 3: That's not by app. But with Tesla you're a wake up to is that to fifty tomorrow you can wake up? Is that one eighty? Easy? Right? So high beta in the market cap is just simply this.
Speaker 2: If I have ten shares of my business on the stock market, and there were ten dollars a share at that point, I have one hundred dollars market cap. So it's how many outstanding shares on the market times of stock price, that's how much.
Speaker 3: That's how you can tell what the market cap is of a business.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about that? We work situation.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 5: So if anybody's not familiar, we worked was the talk of Wall Street. Right, it was IPO. They were the most valuable.
Speaker 3: Forty five billion, coming in at forty.
Speaker 4: Five something.
Speaker 5: And they fell apart and now they had to withdraw their IPO. The CEO got fired, step down, step down, he lost his billionaire status. Yes, so today in a day, So a lot of times people see these stories they don't fully understand, like how is this possible?
Speaker 4: Like what's your take on that?
Speaker 2: Well, so shout my people house hunder two one six. She had me one day, cousin Nita, she hit me and she.
Speaker 3: Was like, travel my heart right there. She hit me up on that.
Speaker 2: She was like, trapper, man, I won't invest in we were I said, oh no, you not.
Speaker 3: Know you not? She was like why.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, these people don't make money. So one of the things I love about the stock market is it literally teaches you how to be a businessman or a woman because you look at businesses all day. Right, so they're not profitable. Well, a lot of companies aren't finished off, so they aren't profitable and they don't have the revenue to back it up. So like, not only aren't they so you can actually not be profitable but still have a lot of revenue Netflix, you know what I'm saying. But Uber or Uber, but they aren't profitable and they don't have the revenue coming in. And it's so when I invest in the business, I look at this. I always look at the inverse, meaning if something bad happens, how likely is it for this stock to fall?
Speaker 3: So we know we work it's based.
Speaker 2: Off of entrepreneurial space, right, so they rent space to entrepreneurs. So I looked at it like this, they already are not profitable if something happens as far as recession wise, when entrepreneurs rather come sit in the room at their own house in the table and do work and not pay that rent, or would they still pay that rent, they probably would cut that rent out. So that business model isn't to me. It wasn't something that has a lot of longevity in it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Dude was a bad seal with a great idea, though, but when he got the bread, he just was on.
Speaker 3: He was he was some party city woof of Wall Street all the but I envisioned the lamb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a lot going on, and he didn't want he didn't want up it.
Speaker 3: But once, so this is the thing.
Speaker 2: Once somebody who's a major investor said, Yo, I'm pulling my bread soft bank, which is up. Once they're like, I'm pulling my bread, you know, like do it on the wrong level. He living his life wrong.
Speaker 3: Now other major infestors are like, wait a minute, I'm gonna pull my bread to even that ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so now the people nobody wants to get stuck hold in the bag. So the next biggest thing is do you gotta go. We don't want you to go, but you gotta step down because we need another face, right, And so he was stubborn for a while, like nah, because he made the business. You know, it's harf you let your baby go because even if you step down, you know what's.
Speaker 6: Coming next the ship be thinking.
Speaker 2: So I just thought it was a bad business as a whole out what you do sing about.
Speaker 5: I think that it has potential because there's a lot of coworking one yeahs like actually speaking back the night, it's interesting what you said as far as economic downturn, because I was gonna ask you about the recession or people saying it's going to be a recession. It's interesting. I never really thought about that from that standpoint. But it makes a lot of sense as far as to say, Okay, if if worst comes the worst, I'll just stay in my living room. I don't have to you know, if you go into off, you don't have to have an office if you're doing that, because other than like holding meetings, which you just pay zoom.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just not sustainable, right, Like I might not have meetings every day of every month.
Speaker 5: I think people are working differently now too. It's kind of my old business model to actually go and like I have an office I probably go to like once a week.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 4: You don't need to physically go into an.
Speaker 6: Office and there once a week. You know what I'm saying, Like, what's the point.
Speaker 2: It's not you may go just to clear your mind. I'm just going, yeah, let me go ahead, but you don't need it. So that's what that's what I thought about it. Now the bad part.
Speaker 3: Some of some of them are actually profitable.
Speaker 2: So at that point, the whole dynamic of the business changes because if you're a profitable.
Speaker 3: Business in an economic downturn.
Speaker 2: So now we're gonna tap into something that's deeper called free cast flow. Right, So this is the money that a business has that's not attached to anything. After they pay their bills and after they pay everything, they still have this or Apple is like one of them has the biggest, Like yo, they free cast was like crazy, it's.
Speaker 3: Like one hundred and ninety billion.
Speaker 2: So what happens is in case of an economic downturn, they still have money to keep the business going. If you are profitable business and you have a good free cash flow, you can still sustain for a given amount of time. But if you're negative all around the board, you're gonna collapse. And so for me, that's something I look for in a business. I need you to have a mote, which is a competitive advantage, and I need you to have a good like free cash flow.
Speaker 3: I need that to be positive.
Speaker 4: So when you look at a business, what are you looking at? You're looking at their earning report? Do you like? What do you what do you actually look and how do you evaluate whether.
Speaker 2: Your So I look for a few things like so it's like me looking at a woman.
Speaker 3: No, no to nobody.
Speaker 6: Like, I don't want get the notepads out there, right, So you.
Speaker 2: Have what you look for, and then you have what's there right, and then you ask yourself, how does this fit to what I want?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: So what I do is I look at The first thing I look at is this.
Speaker 2: I never look at the stock price because the stock price is only based on how you and I feel about it, right, So first thing I look at who running a business? And I put this on my page all the time. How a person runs a business tells me a lot about the business. Because if you can't man, if you can't run the business. I can't make no money. So I'm gonna look at when did you get into a position of the CEO, How did the business run before you? And what have you done since you got taken control of the business. That's first and foremost, So I won't look at management first. The next thing I'm gonna look at is do you have a competitive ad right? So, like what makes you better than everybody else? What makes you sustainable? So, for instance, if you bought Coca Cola, so you have to ask yourself this. If you are a retail business, what does your shelf domination look like? How do you dominate the shells? So if you go into sodas, Coca Cola dominates. But if you look at the overall business, Pepsi does. Pepsi has more products. But if you look in that sheer beverages, Coca Cola dominates. Even when you go to a fast food store, they're predominantly coke products.
Speaker 4: One of those things where they coined the names like coke.
Speaker 3: Coke, and Bingo. When your name becomes synonymous with something, you have a competitive EDG.
Speaker 6: We have that conversation. It's like bandid.
Speaker 2: Bingo's It's like polo bingo, that style of shirts, even if it's a cost shirt, it's a polo shirt exactly. So I'm looking for that doable competitive edge. And now we're going to tap into earnings. So I want to see me, what have you done the last eight quarters? Have you beat ernest the last eight quarters? Meaning have you made profits the last eight quarters? And then I want to look at your free cash flow. I want to look at work in capital, which is current assets and current liabilities meanings what you have in these next twelve months. So something happening in the next twelve months, is that money positive? If it's negative, we got an issue. It's not bad, but we got an issue. If it's positive, then I know you can hold it down.
Speaker 3: It's like having money and sale accounty.
Speaker 6: So when you're looking at all these things, are we looking what are we looking through publications? Are we going to a site like.
Speaker 3: So face value.
Speaker 2: You can go to Yahoo finance, just face value. You go to Yahoo finance and you can do the numbers. If you want to dig deep, you go to that company's quarterly report an annual report. So what happens is it's another thing like while I love the stock market, if you're a public company, you have to tell.
Speaker 3: People what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Information has to be public, it has to be so even your competitors get to see what you're doing.
Speaker 3: So that's what I do.
Speaker 2: Like if I like a business, I won't see what the competitors doing, and I won't see how are you at matching up to what they're doing?
Speaker 3: Are you shifting that way?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: So I won't see are they how are they move into all the future? Because we know every two years the business cycle changes.
Speaker 6: That's why when you hear like on CNBC, it's like all their quartery reports coming in every too.
Speaker 3: Everybody has to do it.
Speaker 2: And so if it's a dividend paying company, are you increasing those? If you increase from those, that mean you have some profitability because no business can consistently increase paying me more money if they don't have money.
Speaker 4: So education, Am I going to d right now?
Speaker 6: No? Man?
Speaker 4: Perfect?
Speaker 5: So all right? So the education, right, you got to on your own platform? So what what made you? What made you want to want to do that and educate other people?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: With knowlge that that you have.
Speaker 3: So what happened for me was it got me out the trap?
Speaker 2: YEA literally like hustling. Stop selling weed, stopped robbing, stopped selling coke. I started putting all my money in stock market.
Speaker 3: And at that point I wasn't worrying about nobody shooting me. I got shot. I shot twice in my leg, once in.
Speaker 2: My ass, and I almost got kidnapped when I was fifteen, Like I was halfway inside the trump. For me, it was like, damn, I can make money doing this shit. Excuse my naguage, and I ain't got to worry about nothing. It was it was synonymous with hustling for me. So that's another reason why I love it so much, is because me actually breaking down a business.
Speaker 3: It's like me breaking down a pack.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's like one of the things that I heard you say and one of your videos was like, Yo, this is comparable to the streets. I wish people would have known. Yeah, this whole time, this is like comparable.
Speaker 2: To they're the biggest gangsters. So once I learned that again, my whole movement started. And this ain't nothing against nobody. Shout out to all my trappers. That's rocking with me, right, But my moving wasn't for everybody. I'm not for everybody. I don't relate to everybody. Everybody won't relate to me, and that's cool. I was straight for people from the streets because I felt like I could teach you something that nobody taught you, and I gave us the leverage. And so a friend of mine was like, Yo, you need to put that on like Instagram.
Speaker 3: Now, mind you. Like I'm not even much.
Speaker 2: I wasn't the Instagram person like, yo, I'm not about to be taking these pictures.
Speaker 3: Talking to these people like that.
Speaker 2: But once I realized how powerful it was, like the courage was like, yay, let's talk about it. And so once people started telling me, yo, I'm investing in stocks because of you, it was bigger than me at that point and the greatest way for us to grow real talk.
Speaker 3: I've learned this.
Speaker 2: You'll get stagnant in your knowledge, even though you can learn, you can read.
Speaker 3: You learn more when you teach other people.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, you learn more when you teach other people. And so people have unique questions and in order to be a good teacher, you have to have these prolific answers, but they have to make sense. So it makes you, I don't want to say dumb it down, but it makes you like dig deeple into your your mental forward text and like.
Speaker 3: How can I make this sound like apples and oranges?
Speaker 6: Even if they're not grasping, Like how can I modify it to make.
Speaker 3: Sure that they get it?
Speaker 6: Like when I first went into education, like they had me teaching health, I never wanted to be in a classroom straight and it was a challenge every day, Like kids would come with questions and I'm like, damn, do I really do I even.
Speaker 3: Know this exactly appropriate?
Speaker 6: Exactly I have to go learn now this exactly So the next day I come all right, there you go.
Speaker 3: So that's the best way.
Speaker 4: So once that happened, So what do you So what are you teaching people that you're working with?
Speaker 5: Are you teaching them like step by step like how to get into the game, how to evaluate stocks, like all of the above.
Speaker 2: So I actually have different I have different levels what I get into, so I meet people at their level. There is no like one size of his at So I actually have.
Speaker 3: I have three e books.
Speaker 2: So the Wall Street Trap one on one, Wash Street Trap one or two was shret Trap one O three.
Speaker 6: Falling Away.
Speaker 3: The name one of four is trapped doing numbers.
Speaker 2: Moti supply the street dog motivation and I actually have Trap of flash cards and.
Speaker 3: This was a project that I used. I used them on my daughter's mother.
Speaker 2: I was like, look, teach her these It's been about twenty minutes a day just teaching her these cards. It's digital, and in about three months she was like, hey, I won't open up an account. So at that point I knew it was suitable for kids and adults, you know what I'm saying. So one of my courses is called Jumping off the Porch. Everything I do is related to the streets. I was going to say, like everything you do is.
Speaker 6: Synonymous with street, right, like from even Wall Street Trap. We et even get into obviously trapping. We know it is, like you say, it is like synonymous with somebody doing illegal things in the area. Wall Street is synonymous with people who come from wealth. Right, So when you think that, like, let's converse together and now like that's it. We're gonna play on that.
Speaker 2: And that was the name of the businesses from the Trap of Wall Street. That's the name of my business. So my first it's called Jumping off the Porch. And what that does is we don't even talk about stocks in there. I literally because one of the things is people want to just jump into the stock market. You can't jump into a fight if you don't have a strategy. You don't have a game plan. So what the jumping off the porch course is. We talk about finding your style of investing. So I map out three or four different styles of investing and you can figure out which one fits you. Then we go into why equity is better than cash, and then we go into three different strategies that are real simple on how you can put your portfolio together. So once you take that cause, now you have an understanding of Okay, now I know how to get in the game. You have a strategy. The next thing I have is called Welcome to the trap. That's the beginner's course. We just go with the basics, how to stock market works, how to set up your account in next funds, ETFs, things like that. We go into some other things and then there's Wall Street trapping, Wall Street trapping. We go through the basics and then we tap into like what to research, how to research a CEO, what activities are he doing that puts us on alert? How to follow big investors to see what they're doing so every so often. Every month, big investors like Warren Buffett, they have to report with their buying. So I teach them how to look at that that's a good gauge. I teach them what to research the fundamentals balance sheets, as income statements, cast flow statements, where ratios to use to find the actual valuation of a business. Like I walk you through the process. So when you finish that, you know, you felt like you met the plug.
Speaker 6: That was was like, let's talk about the plug because the plug package just something that's very unique that no one's really doing.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 3: So I looked at the game and I was just like, okay, like what are people doing?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: And so with me, I know that people have bought into me, right they cool. I want to learn stocks, but I've bought into trapper Like so that's a connection right there. And because everybody learns different, even if you buy the course, you still might need somebody to walk you through the course because even though it's listen, we all learned different. Some people are visual and some people just need to like look, hold my hand and just do if you hold my hand and walk me through it, like yo, I'm gonna kill it. So I was like, all right, I'm gonna go to people like I'm gonna literally fly out to you.
Speaker 3: So that's what the meat the Plug is.
Speaker 2: It's literally you get the Wall Street trapping course and then I come to your city and I walk you through the course, and then I walk you through whatever questions you have about the course, about investing. If you already have an account, we're gonna audit the account. We're gonna make sure your ship is set up right.
Speaker 6: So if I live in Detroit, the plug is coming to Detroit.
Speaker 3: Coming to Detroit.
Speaker 2: Not the only thing about that is if you live in like the back was, I'm not coming to the back was.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go to.
Speaker 2: Where the airport is and we're gonna meet up at a we work, like, give me something wrong. But but that's what the meat the Plug is.
Speaker 3: It's actually me coming to.
Speaker 2: You and then I give you four phone calls right there to me after that. So we have this, we do lunch, my treat with the Meat the Plug. We walked through the court. It's a full day. We do like a few hours. Then we eat lunch. We go through it like you're going to because what happens is and I've learned this with a mastermind I just did with my big Brotherhood of States. Is once you start talking to people in person, you know, you never know where.
Speaker 3: That conversation goes. And so now when I.
Speaker 2: See you on the ground, you're like, oh, it's good trap, Oh it's good tim because we've made a connection. Now it's not just you bought the court. I mean you bought the course. I love the support, and I'm you know, I've rock with my travelers. But once we have that connection, it's like it's a relationship now because I literally.
Speaker 3: Flew out to talk to you. We talked, we ate lunch, and all kinds of stuff that happened at that point.
Speaker 4: So now it's powerful.
Speaker 5: Man, thank you, thank you for joining us. I'm glad that it's crazy because, like you said, you didn't reach out to me. I just heard shout out to my man Matt. I don't know who told me he was going to be in New York, right, I think Matt said he was going to be in New Hit you up. You're interested in coming in the podcast. People A lot of people ask like, what's the process to be on the podcast? Most of the time, it's my intuition. It's a genuine process, right and Troy, have I failed yet?
Speaker 6: Yo? Man? We are one hundred one hundred. They said, we like bad Boy in the nineties. Yo, y'all none but his none but his nothing.
Speaker 5: But I think this is definitely gonna be some some episode that's gonna live forever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bro and shout out to Q he introduced stocks on our podcast episode fifteen. Checked that out. Yeah, I was thinking, and this is like, now, this is a full circle of the stock market for sure.
Speaker 3: Y'all got heavy hitters. Come on, y'all. I kind of was like, yo, yo, they got heavy hit and you made it.
Speaker 6: To the green room, right, So we're back in.
Speaker 3: We're back in the We're in a trap.
Speaker 4: I haven't been here for a while, but I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: It's just the information was extremely valuable, but just the story too. I think it's extreme, inspirational, motivational, and I think that you know, it's it's it's bigger like they say, it's bigger than rap. You know, it's bigger than just business like, it's real people. I mean, everybody's got their own personal journey and to see people overcome adversity and to see people, you know, put their minds to something into you know. Like I said, it doesn't matter where you come from.
Speaker 4: The game is the game.
Speaker 3: The game is the game.
Speaker 2: It ain't going no well, it's not going well. So we just got to play it. Make sure you're playing the right one. We gotta play it.
Speaker 4: That's a fact.
Speaker 5: Learn the rules, play the game, man, that's a fact. So how can the people contact you? What's your social media handles and all that?
Speaker 2: So I'm mostly on Instagram, will Underschool Street Underscore Trapper that's on i g YouTube is just Wall Street Trapper. I got the university www dot trapper university dot com. Check that out. And I got a podcast while Underschool Street Undercore Trapper.
Speaker 3: On Google Play.
Speaker 4: I listened to come episodes.
Speaker 3: I've been lagging, bro, but I got to get back on it. So I locked in. Man, Yeah, I gotta get back on.
Speaker 2: Because that was me and my Rowst phone, Like I get to just talk my talk without no you know, nothing going on.
Speaker 3: Like I would get up in the morning.
Speaker 2: That would be in the morning for me because that's when I'm freshest, Like I done slept my mind and marinate it, you know. I don't eat no meat, so I'll be feeling good. Feeling good, you hear me. So I got to get back on my podcasts, but they definitely can check them out definitely, and that's on Anchor and Google Play and Spotify.
Speaker 4: So check me out on that wall trapped Troy housekeeping them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, shout out to everybody on the patreoon. We got a long list, man, I'm gonna go down to shout out to Morgan, Melissa Mario, Elise, Tanika Ramel, Calvin, Brandon J and Brandon M. We actually got a combo with him the other day. He's doing amazing things and hopefully we'll be able to do something together. These are the new members. Bro, and shout out to my man, Brian Forbes man for That's that's a hometown dude. He actually when we did the episode about trucking with Alex, he had just bought a truck, so I was like, Bro, you got ahead this episode and then we've been linked up since, so shout out to him. He actually joined Patreon just to show some support, like we grew up together, but he just wanted to show some love. So shout to everybody that's on Patreon. Dot com all our patrons, as you noticed, five tiers. You can join any tear you like and continue to support it. It allows us to do things like travel and get people on that people have been asking for and so shout everybody's is doing that and everybody that's been personaling the merch on earnier Leisure dot com. You know our shirts up there. It's getting little chilli out in New York. So the Hoodie Sea seasons back. Yeah, Hoodie season his back. So that will be up there in a few varieties. And our tour shirts are there too. So we got uh La, we got Brooklyn, we got Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, and Philly, Philly, Philly. Y'all ain't never be You gotta pop up one.
Speaker 3: I was that the one Yeah, you know came.
Speaker 6: It's crazy. Houston was lost. We're coming back.
Speaker 3: We all going to Philly.
Speaker 2: I definitely want to come probably we don't have a date yet, but soon, yeah, definitely let me.
Speaker 4: And we got in d C.
Speaker 6: We got something coming for d C that we are excited to. Hopefully we're gonna tell you about that and in their future. But DC is going to be special.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a beautiful city.
Speaker 4: Sure, for sure.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so the book tip of the week, it's none other than our guests. He has three e books Wall Street trap for one on one, one O two, and one O three. You did one away, so make sure you make sure you got those. Where can I get those from?
Speaker 2: On my website Wall Street Trapping dot com. But linking, my boy, you'll cliche.
Speaker 4: That's a fact.
Speaker 5: And then also speaking of links in the bio, So everybody, well, if you didn't know, I'm a financial advisors. So if you want a thirty minute free consultation, you can go to early lead dot com. My calendar is up there. It has three areas specifically retirement, investments, and insurance. If it's not related to that, don't put.
Speaker 6: I can't pick your brain, DA can't.
Speaker 5: I can't help you with offshore banking facts. I can't help you flip a home, none of that stuff. We have guests that bring on the podcast that can help you with those different areas.
Speaker 2: I'll do something bro right here, So anybody that you booked something with you, I'll do another thirty minute one for free myself.
Speaker 4: Then you have it.
Speaker 2: They'll do that, all right, So you let me know who it is. You tell them get in touch with me. I'll do a thirty minute with it myself.
Speaker 3: All right, how that sounds. I got you this supply the streets man.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, we'll see you next week. Thank you for rocking with us. Peace.
Speaker 1: Trying to lose weight, It's it's time to try Hers.
Speaker 7: At for hers dot com slash for you, you can access affordable doctor trusted weight loss treatments tailored just for you.
Speaker 1: These include oral medication kits or compounded GLP one injections through Hers.
Speaker 3: Pricing for oral medication kits started just sixty nine dollars a month for a ten month plan when paid in full upfront.
Speaker 1: No hidden fees, no membership fees. You shouldn't have to go out of your way to feel like yourself.
Speaker 7: Hers brings expert care straight to you with one hundred percent online access to personalized treatment plans that puts your goals first.
Speaker 1: Reach your weight loss goals with help through Hers.
Speaker 7: Get started at for hers dot com slash for you to access affordable doctor trusted weight loss plans. That's for hers dot com slash for you.
Speaker 1: F o r h ers dot com slash for you, paid for by Hymns and Hers Health. Weight Loss by Hers is not available everywhere. Compounded products are not FDA approved or verified for safety, effectiveness, or quality. Prescription required restrictions at for hers dot Com apply