Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Our two on this Tuesday.
Speaker 2: We'll talk some football. Ross Tucker it'll join us coming up in about twenty minutes. Your phone calls, got a lot of phone calls lined up. We'll try to get to those momentarily eight seven to seven to three. DP Show email address DPA, Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP Show.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: You're watching on Peacock. That's our streaming partner. Download the app if you haven't done so. We say good morning to our radio affiliates around the country. Got a pull question for hour two. We'll clean up the poll question from our one. The merchandise is available at Danpatrick dot com, including.
Speaker 3: The T shirt the Passhole.
Speaker 2: The pass Old t shirt is live on danpatrick dot com. Tomorrow's the last day to get it. This, of course, in honor of Todd Fritz and his driving abilities. Stat of the Day brought to you by Penaani America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 3: Get ready for a.
Speaker 2: Whole lot of Love Game Days with brand new season of Love Island Games Oh hosted by Ariana Maddox. Fan favorite Islanders returned to the Villa and Battle for Love while competing in Wild Challenges. Love Island Games streaming now only on PECA.
Speaker 4: That was pretty hot where you read the.
Speaker 3: Thank you Todd, I like that.
Speaker 5: They're probably like, you know, I'm just so tired of playing games in my love life. That's why I came on Love Island Games. I'm just so tired of playing games. I just want to find love.
Speaker 3: I want to play games here, playing.
Speaker 5: These games, see if I find true love.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a phrase I like to use, like I was feeling some sort of way, and I thought you were feeling some sort of way about me, but you've felt some sort of way about somebody else. That's a big phrase that they use, feeling some sort of way.
Speaker 3: Who's there, like.
Speaker 4: The Australia version or England whatever was.
Speaker 6: I took a peak at that because my daughter's early into that show, and they weren't some.
Speaker 3: Car the old My daughter daughter doesn't even live in the house.
Speaker 5: Your daughter lives.
Speaker 3: Your daughter's in Colline and she was back home visiting.
Speaker 4: I thought he was feeling some sort of way about me.
Speaker 3: Two or three years ago.
Speaker 4: I've taken a peek at that show.
Speaker 3: Love Island Games streaming.
Speaker 5: Now, how do we get Todd on the next season of Love Island?
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: I've got to check with the wife just for it's just for content.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: But everybody's there and you see, Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: How was it commute to uh? To Beijing or whatever they're doing?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 5: Thanks for taking the time.
Speaker 3: Beijing is where they're doing?
Speaker 4: Island whatever island there.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe three Mile Island.
Speaker 4: I tell you, I don't watch it much. You guys think like I watched every second of it now.
Speaker 3: You know? Yeah, they can't have you on there? Thank you?
Speaker 4: How are you guys giving me this weird look? That's the whole idea. We're supposed to be checking each other out. It's not creepy on this show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm not checking you out. You're checking me out.
Speaker 4: What are we doing? You want to go and dip in the pool? What are we doing?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: You were feeling some sort of way about me. You're looking at me across the room there.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't put you on Survivor because you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I can't survive Connecticut. I'm where I'm gonna go why around the world to survive and eat bugs, get bit by all kinds of weird bugs and get.
Speaker 3: Seat And what's the pole question? For hour two?
Speaker 5: Why don't we clean up our one a little bit?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 5: We had two up there for hour one. The Jets are apparently who we thought they were. They have about eighty three percent of that vote. And it's not even October. But which NFL team is already mostly done? The Titans are essentially done? Yeah, yeah, Bengals not looking great. Saints and Jets though performing well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the Bengals are two and two.
Speaker 5: They are, but not a good two and two. The Bengals two and two is worse than the Jets own four feels.
Speaker 2: Like that moving Yes, I think they're two and two. Thank you, Dolphins hold off the Jets twenty seven to twenty one.
Speaker 4: That wasn't good. No, I should have kept that to myself. There's be't gong that might have been.
Speaker 3: I would have had to turn This one.
Speaker 4: Wasn't even worth the efforts this guy and go why is two and ou so bad?
Speaker 6: And we just say that it's not a real two and too so too and ooh, I don't know why that's so terrible.
Speaker 3: It's just not good.
Speaker 4: It's forced.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, you don't have to say something every time we have a top of you don't have to say something.
Speaker 2: Tyreek Kill dislocated his knee, torn ligaments. The Broncos embarrassed the Bengals. No, the Bengals embarrassed the Bengals. Twenty eight to three. Baseball coming up today and tonight, Tigers, Guardians, Padres, Cubs, Red Sox, Yankees, Reds and the Dodgers. I've moved on from San Diego Chargers to La Chargers. I'm doing a pretty good job with that. And the Commanders I'm doing okay with that, formally known as the Redskins. The Guardians still having a hard time with it because you just want to go, oh, Tiger's got the Guardian, Guardian Indians and I you know, so I'm still still working on that. But that's a great matchup, you know, given the fact that the Tigers blew a big lead, Guardians came back, Padre's Cubs will be fun, Red Sox, Yankees, Reds at the Dodgers. You know, it'll be entertaining baseball here, all right. Poll question for hour two Seaton. We're gonna switch anything up.
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, we could possibly switch things up. Okay, on No, it's up to you.
Speaker 5: If one here from Paul, you can pick one. You can be as tall as you'd like, you can have perfect hair and never lose it. Or you can pick a weight and it's permanent.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: This started because Marvin thinks he's tall. He's six feet tall. You know, if you're a quarterback, you're short.
Speaker 9: Correct, But I'm just talking about a regular life. Well those are regular people.
Speaker 3: Well, what's the average height in the NFL? Maybe six six' one six, Two.
Speaker 10: Yeah about six one six.
Speaker 2: Two but a quarterback? Average what's the average height of starting quarterbacks in THE?
Speaker 3: Nfl six?
Speaker 10: Two my guess would be like six.
Speaker 2: Three, okay but you would be considered a short. Quarterback, correct you'd be a Breeze Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 10: Russ, yes When i'm around one, percent, YES i am.
Speaker 3: Sure, okay when you're around, ME.
Speaker 2: I would say all, That, YEAH i Mean i'm, Tall, Lure i'm, tall, yes yeh.
Speaker 5: See let's see the average height OF nfl players by. Position quarterbacks between six two and six, five offensive linemen six four to six, seven defensive linemen sixty three to six six. Linebackers this is an interesting one For marvin six to one to six, three.
Speaker 3: Right so you'd be a, Linebacker i'd be a.
Speaker 5: Quarterback wide receivers are about five to eleven to six. Three it's all kind of in that.
Speaker 3: Scene, yeah but you're so, close like at least you got to six.
Speaker 5: Feet the league wide, average if you put all those, together is six to.
Speaker 2: Two and that's WHAT i, Said what was the average height gonna? Be marvin six to, two six two and a? Half, hello, bloop, yeah play with fire Scare, yeah, Yes, TODD.
Speaker 4: I Think i'm okay with my.
Speaker 6: Heights And i've accept the fact that my folliclely challenged bald, situation And i'll put a hat on or just deal with. It but to be able to pick your ideal weight to what you're would be comfortable and be able to eat and drink whatever you want and you're not gonna lose or it's not going to gain a.
Speaker 4: Pound that's a nice.
Speaker 6: Life to be able to just go to a barbecue to whole pizza and you're stuck at that.
Speaker 4: WEIGHT i think that's the choice right.
Speaker 2: There i've checked the boxes on all of these good, hair tall.
Speaker 3: Okay maintain your. Weight, yeah three for.
Speaker 4: Three, yeah we cad all about one.
Speaker 3: Thousand you're, right you're, Right.
Speaker 5: Paul if you were going to tweak one of those, things which is probably your, weight, YEAH i could drop.
Speaker 3: Ten, yeah but you could probably do a little better with your.
Speaker 10: Weight jk.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: YEAH i MEAN i could drop, ten but then that's not fair to everybody. Else so SOMETIMES i sort of keep keep a couple extra pounds, on so a little tooth. In oh, honey how many abs can?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: Four, okay thank? You all? Right Oh i'm feeling?
Speaker 2: Tall, Hey, Oh dan Or lobsky just weighed. In he, Said marvin is not tall at six, feet that is not.
Speaker 10: TALL i don't like That yukon versus yukonra.
Speaker 2: Right i'm just saying it's it's it's Another dan with. Me but he's a really tall, Guy yes he.
Speaker 10: IS i took a picture with, him AND i took a picture With Andrew.
Speaker 3: Whitworth oh my, God Andrew whitworth a.
Speaker 10: Monster it's, Like, marven how tall are you?
Speaker 3: Short.
Speaker 4: Todd marvin also never stepped out of the back of the end. ZONE i don't think he would do something like.
Speaker 10: That so there you go and that's.
Speaker 4: Cheap he just he just did you cut On yukon. Crime marvin's not.
Speaker 12: Tall orsky's watching our, shows.
Speaker 4: But he just took a shot At. Prince someone's got to stick a so.
Speaker 3: You're sticking up for.
Speaker 4: YOU i THINK i got to stick up for my Fellow. Danet he's, like he's not.
Speaker 3: Tall marvin can't stick up for.
Speaker 4: Himself he, can BUT i want to show him that had his.
Speaker 3: Back he was, taller he, could but he's. Not he's. Average he's six feet, tall.
Speaker 9: Well above average. Ish the average height is five to. Nine i'm not walking around five.
Speaker 3: To nine saying you're not. Tall you're not.
Speaker 10: Sure i'm just in.
Speaker 3: Between, yeah what percentile are?
Speaker 4: You how many months old are?
Speaker 3: You how many.
Speaker 5: What percentile are?
Speaker 3: You right? Now? Nick And louisville fifty? Seventh Hey, nick what's on your mind? Today? Hey?
Speaker 8: Nick real, quick Bry i'm back From Nice spare's victory In vegas last night watching The Bengos denver. Game don't you think it'll be more refreshing to See Jamar chase sit down With browning, say, hey this is WHAT i see out. There i'm settling down on the Zone i'm gonna run a post pattern on this instead of grabbing the. Coach, hey you KNOW i need some more, balls or Getting higgins on the sideline, saying, man we're not even getting thrown. To it's JUST i like to see some leadership he does have to see on the. Uniform just just be more refreshing to see that coming from. Receivers and one more thing with The aultar. Boys seeing WHEN i was sitting there then The bible seemed like it weighed like twenty pounds and you're trying to get the priest to hurry up on the on the verse because it was so, heavy And i'm, Like i'm gonna drop this side of a. Buck but, Anyway i'll hang up with this.
Speaker 3: All, Righty thank You.
Speaker 2: Nick, YEAH i would think That Jamar chase And Zach taylor would already have conversations of how to get him. OPEN i don't think you wait till a game like are you surprised That denver's got a really good? Defense but thanks for the phone, Calling zach And. Knoxville, Hey Zach wood's on your mind.
Speaker 13: Today add thanks for taking my. CALL i just want to get your opinion about the loom.
Speaker 14: Government.
Speaker 13: Shutdown i'm just.
Speaker 11: Kidding i'm gonna keep it to.
Speaker 13: Sports do you think that The bengals should go After Derek? Carr we hear talk About Kirk cousins and they're just so.
Speaker 14: Cheap that he's not.
Speaker 3: Healthy well to take.
Speaker 13: The fun out of, it, Then, Dan.
Speaker 2: I'm, Sorry, Zach, okay if they're all, healthy, sure, yeah go after. Him but, no he said that he would not say no and close the book on his. Career but he's still rehabbing his. Shoulder thank, You, Zach sean And Daytona. Beach, Hi, sean what's on your?
Speaker 14: Mind? Dan as the best scripted sports show on television on time calling me, Back appreciate THAT i am an average six foot and this morning one to eighty six point six miss calling in yesterday On best And worst of the. Weekend, however growing up in Central, pennsylvania being, born being born in nineteen seventy, FIVE i got to talk about Which franklin being the. Worst he is killing what's happening in the Penn state. Program AND i don't think it's going to get better until he gets out of. There suck At Sports, emmys.
Speaker 3: All, Right thank, You.
Speaker 2: Sean appreciate That andrew And, Washington welcome, Back.
Speaker 7: Andrew, hey good, Morning Dan. Dennetts thanks for taking my. Call we're talking about. HYPE i legitimately saw the tallest and largest person That i've ever encountered in. Life out in the wild this. Weekend there was a seven foot, three legitimate seven foot, three broad shouldered gentleman out shopping around WHERE i, work AND i actually went and measured the case that he stood by to see how tall he. Was one of our taller coworkers that's five to ten was dwarfed by the guy and enveloped by his.
Speaker 11: Sigh so, yeah THAT'S i get why.
Speaker 7: You guys were talking about. Heights BUT i did call in BECAUSE i do think that we need to really consider a todcast or A todd podcast with over the last three, weeks with all the content that he's been, GIVEN i think that'd be a good, thing even if it's just a once, week once a month type of, podcast to Let todd get the rest of his thoughts. OUT i think he is, content he's come up with some great.
Speaker 8: Things i'd like to hear the rest of the stories on.
Speaker 7: Him that he's not able to stay on, air and you, know he'd probably be a lot cleaner and eligible to be on LIVE tv Than Shane.
Speaker 3: Irving all, right, well thank, You.
Speaker 2: Andrew todd had has some interesting thoughts though that aren't ready FOR, Tv but we could do a. Podcast is that something that you're interested in?
Speaker 4: DOING i think that would be.
Speaker 3: Fun are you going to do it by?
Speaker 6: YOURSELF i always end up SAYING i want to do everything by. Myself that's SOMETHING i would probably want some assistants. WITH i Know i've turned down major stand up comedians who wanted to write.
Speaker 3: Things, well who's going to? HOST i don't.
Speaker 6: Know i'd have to think about, that BUT i think that would Be that would be interesting BECAUSE i know a lot of Times i've THOUGHTS i had nothing to do with, sports AND i even told the guys in the. Back we actually talked about this recently on the twelve fifteen. Podcast most of the, time every day. Thing most of the, time you don't have thoughts on.
Speaker 4: Sports, Yeah i'm not an exos THAT i was a.
Speaker 6: Guy i'd rather talk about just observational things that happen to all The, yeah.
Speaker 5: It is interesting that there was just a question post who would host The toodcast.
Speaker 3: Like todd wouldn't host his own. PODCAST i don't know if he.
Speaker 5: Can should find that fascinating The Todd fritz, podcast who's Hosting Oh marvin is really?
Speaker 3: Well todd has admitted that he doesn't know if.
Speaker 4: He CANNA i can. HOST i WAS i was thinking more of a.
Speaker 6: LINEUP i would watch some like a really good, producer person that can handle some of the logistical. Stuff So i'm not just like a one man band and editing and, producing or a booking.
Speaker 2: Guests and nobody's saying you have to do.
Speaker 3: That you're not.
Speaker 2: Editing, No i'm saying that you're not, producing hosting of The talking.
Speaker 4: POT i don't have a tough time talking about. Anything so if it's, not if they're not technical stuff, involved THEN i have no problem with. THAT i think that could be.
Speaker 2: Fun there is no you turn on the microphone and then you turn it. Off that problem seems simple.
Speaker 9: Enough, yes the first episode should just be with you, Two, no hash out some.
Speaker 2: Issues, No, no because you know how long that would go to longer than this show it'd. Be it would be at least two, hours AND i don't want to do.
Speaker 3: That it's. EXHAUSTING i think it'd be kind of.
Speaker 6: Fun, no you got a really good, personality they, say that's WHAT i think it'll be. FUN i think we both, couldn't you, know kind of compliment each, other AND i think it would be.
Speaker 4: Enjoyable that's my. Opinion just got to say my.
Speaker 2: Opinion if you want to do a podcast and try it one time and see how it, goes see how many likes you, get.
Speaker 10: And, great build my.
Speaker 3: Brand, yeah if.
Speaker 2: You want to do, that, GREAT i can Have Big deray Or marvin can sit in.
Speaker 6: There we've kind of pseudo done that on the twelve fifteen. Podcasts it's Just i'm just a guest on that.
Speaker 4: Show BUT i know something more was coming out of. That BUT i wasn't doing it as an audition for a.
Speaker 2: PoTA, no but you talk about two things on the twelve to fifteen Podcast i've gotten, better and that's WHY i tell, you let's stop doing bowel movement and you about being.
Speaker 3: Intimate you know at two in the.
Speaker 4: Morning would that be a two trick.
Speaker 2: Pony, Yeah and that's WHY i, said have other things to, Say because you do have other things to, say you always fall back on those.
Speaker 3: In the constructive.
Speaker 4: CRITICISM i appreciate that but that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mean you're gonna listen to it.
Speaker 4: Anyway so.
Speaker 2: Nobody brings out the humor And crohn's disease like you now, What you're gonna have.
Speaker 4: A sense of. Humor it's a horrible.
Speaker 2: Thing how about we take a break, Here we're gonna take a break And Ross tucker will join.
Speaker 3: Us coming. Up we're back after this From The Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Show be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: App, hey this Is jason.
Speaker 15: McIntyre join me every weekday morning on my, Podcast Straight fire With jason. McIntyre this isn't your typical sports pod pushing the same tired narratives down your throat every. Day Straight fire gives you honest opinions on all the biggest sports, headlines accurate stats to help.
Speaker 3: You win big at the, sportsbook and all the best.
Speaker 15: Guests do yourself a favor and listen To Straight fire With jason McIntyre on The iHeartRadio, App Apple, podcasts.
Speaker 10: Or wherever you get your.
Speaker 2: Podcasts Harold reynolds from The Baseball Network Hill jan is coming up top. Next hour And, Tigers, Guardians, Padres, Cubs Red, Sox, Yankees reds at The, dodgers as we got some Playoffs BASEBALL Cbs Sports Westwood, ONE nfl college football analyst and host of The Ross Tucker football. Podcast he called The Titans texans, game and he's Got Niners rams On thursday and Then Air Force Navy saturday ON.
Speaker 3: Cbs how bad are The?
Speaker 11: Titans has not been a very good two weeks for, them that's for. Sure AND i would say in particular that The texans game was really, disappointing just to get shut out like, that and then the way things unraveled in the fourth. QUARTER i, mean what's, Crazy, dan is it was six to nothing at the end of the third. Quarter neither team had made a trip to the red zone. Yet And i'm the one that has to talk about the game ON, Tv, dan neither team had gotten there, yet and then all of a, sudden the floodgates just opened and The texans scored three.
Speaker 16: TOUCHDOWNS i guess What i'm wondering, is you, know.
Speaker 11: Moving, forward because The texans play The ravens this, week which is a big, game how much of that was The texans really figuring things out offensively where they had three straight touchdown drives and how many of? That how much of that was The titans kind of making the mistakes because it felt like they sort of unraveled in the fourth. Quarter, there they're obviously in a bad way right now that they probably have a blow average roster rookie. Quarterback you, know they're making, changes there's all kinds of noise out. There you, know it's like anything. Else they just got to find a way to get a. Win but that's easier said than.
Speaker 2: Done i'm watching The bengals last night and it was just, uninspiring.
Speaker 3: Very little.
Speaker 2: Creativity just felt like there was a team that shouldn't have been in THE nfl last. Night and you, know Le broncos do what you need to, do you win those. Games but you start to look at The. Bengals they're two and two in a division that is, winnable and do you make a?
Speaker 3: Move and if, so what?
Speaker 16: Move, well they're not winning that. Division you, KNOW i don't know who they could bring in a.
Speaker 11: Quarterback you, know that is going to be a significant upgrade From browning and now he has not looked good the last two. Games you, know maybe It's Russell, wilson maybe It's jamis. That you, KNOW i don't know who they could bring, in but are those guys really going to come in and immediately be better Than browning who's been in the system for several years and.
Speaker 16: Actually two years ago played really. Well i'm.
Speaker 11: SURPRISED i Thought browning would play better than. THAT i thought The bengals would play better than. This it's almost like watching them in these last two. Games they look. Defeated they look Like joe's out for the. Year we're not really going, anywhere and you rarely see that in THE, nfl especially this early in the.
Speaker 16: Season but they look like a defeated.
Speaker 11: Bunch to get blown out like they did by The, vikings and then you, think.
Speaker 16: Okay wake up. Call you know they'll come. Back they'll bounce. Back they might have even been worse last.
Speaker 11: Night, now they didn't have the same turnovers and defensive touchdowns like The vikings had against, them but they got totally annihilated in every aspect of football last, night, which by the, way.
Speaker 16: Last night is why there are so many rules out.
Speaker 11: There to protect quarterbacks and try to not have them get. Injured that's a totally different, game way more. Entertaining you could hear It Joe buck And traigman's. Voice that's a totally different scenario If Joe burrow is playing in that. GAME i can't even imagine how much better the ratings would have.
Speaker 16: Been that's why.
Speaker 11: The quarterbacks are afforded all the protections that they, are and probably rightfully so for us as.
Speaker 2: Consumers The dolphins, win but suffer a big loss With Tyreek, hill you, know dislocated, knee and then you have THE acl tear on top of. THAT i, mean this feels almost career threatening with that kind of.
Speaker 3: Injury what do you, Think.
Speaker 11: WELL i don't think we'll ever see him what he, was and that's kind of. SAD i think he's the fastest human Being i've ever seen in. Person he's definitely the fastest Person i've ever.
Speaker 16: Seen on a football.
Speaker 11: Field it's JUST i, mean this, offseason for the heck of, it he ran in a couple track meets and he ran a ten to one hundred without, training like like that is.
Speaker 16: Insane fastest Guy i've ever seen him ball.
Speaker 11: Field you, know this is somewhat similar to what happened To Nick, CHUBB a couple of years. Ago SO i do Think tyree could come back perhaps and play in THE. Nfl But chubb isn't what he was In, cleveland and it's especially at his, age highly Unlikely Tyreek kill will be he what he's been all these, years which is sad because, yeah he really, is you, know and he's had his you, know his issues off the field and all that stuff well, documented but he is up there among the most entertaining and best deep threats that we've ever seen in the. Sport it's been incredibly fun to watch him play for.
Speaker 2: Years is there a label on The MetLife stadium, turf you, Know malik neighbors getting injured. THERE i don't know if it's a reputation for these kind of.
Speaker 3: Injuries you know WHAT.
Speaker 16: I think it is.
Speaker 11: TOO i think perception is, reality AND i don't mean that the perception can cause the. Injury but there's no question among, fans media players in THE, nfl there's a belief, that, man most guys don't like, turf, period but there's a belief that in particular The MetLife stadium, turf.
Speaker 16: That there's an issue. There you, Know this just kind of adds to the.
Speaker 11: Ledger of really non contact injuries on that surface that haven't looked, good that that guys don't. Like and SO i think that The giants And jets really need to do something about. THIS i don't know that it's so far that it affects them in free agency or guys signing, there but it's not a good thing to have hanging over your, franchise you.
Speaker 16: KNOW i don't even if they just change it.
Speaker 11: To a different, turf you, Know AND i KNOW i think they said two years, ago maybe they put a new one.
Speaker 10: IN i don't.
Speaker 16: KNOW i just think.
Speaker 11: There's a there's a very negative person reception about the Met life. Turf that's not. Good not good for Met, life not good for The giants Or, jets that's for.
Speaker 3: Sure Ross.
Speaker 2: Tucker he'll be on the Call thursday, Night niners and The. Rams you can check out his, Podcast Ross Tucker Football. Podcast You're close to The? Eagles help me understand Aj brown saying that he didn't want to.
Speaker 3: Talk to reporters.
Speaker 2: POSTGAME a short time, later he posted a quote from The. Bible if you're not, welcome not listen to quietly, withdrawal don't make a, scene shrug your shoulders and be on your way read between the.
Speaker 11: Lines, yeah but by posting, that, OH i, know isn't he making a?
Speaker 16: Scene? Yes i'm so. CONFUSED I i, like by posting.
Speaker 11: That he's necessarily making a, Scene i'm not a fan of. IT i, mean they threw him the ball nine, Times so nine times they threw them ball nine. TIMES i really don't get what he's so upset. ABOUT i, mean hurts missed him on a couple. Throws you, know the week before he had six catches for over one hundred yards just in the second half against The. RAMS i just look forget Aj brown right in, General i'm just NOT i don't believe that's how you handle, things, Right, like can you, Imagine like what IF i.
Speaker 16: Started after this?
Speaker 11: Segment you, know IF i don't like the questions that you asked me during this, Segment, Dan you, know IF i IF i made some vague social posts like not going on shows anymore unless the host knows what's?
Speaker 16: Up you know WHAT i? Mean like like IF i had.
Speaker 17: An issue with, you you KNOW i WOULD i would text you or Email you'd be, like, HEY i wouldn't like that line of, questioning Or, hey can we talk AND i would you AND i you AND i would talk about, it And i'd, say remember two years ago when you hammered me on The Taysom hill, thing WHICH i didn't have a problem, With but IF i, DID i would LIKE i would talk to you about.
Speaker 16: IT i. WOULDN'T i wouldn't like have.
Speaker 11: These, like, uh these vague post you know that people are trying to. INTERPRET i JUST i don't think that's a good or healthy way for anyone to go through life unless you want the attention and you're you're looking for the publicity and the social media and the.
Speaker 16: Discussion and maybe that's the. Game maybe he already.
Speaker 11: Talks To sirianni and talks To hurtz and handles things the right way behind closed, doors but still wants to do this just for HIS q rating or whatever they call when you get, more more impressions.
Speaker 16: MORE i don't, know maybe this is a social media.
Speaker 11: Thing, mean last, year the guy was reading a book on the, bench Which i've never seen before in my entire.
Speaker 16: Life so he's a unique.
Speaker 11: Guy he is an, awesome awesome football, player but pretty clearly a unique.
Speaker 2: Guy, yeah but, okay you're winning defending champs AND i just you're on a team that's not gonna throw the ball a lot.
Speaker 11: Like Undefeated Defeti'soot bowl. Champions he makes thirty three million dollars a. Year they gave him a new contract when he had two years up on his other. CONTRACT i would cut off like that far on my pinky right there for the people watching On. Peacock i'd cut up that much of my pinky to be as unhappy AS Aj, brown like like to, like let, me let me experience this pain and suffering THAT Aj brown is suffering right.
Speaker 2: Now, okay what do we do With ties during the regular season in THE?
Speaker 16: Nfl, oh my, gosh you KNOW i.
Speaker 11: HADN'T i didn't listen, Yesterday SO i don't know where you stand on.
Speaker 16: THIS i this.
Speaker 11: Would be My you know how people, say if you were a commissioner for a day, ross what would be the first? Thing this would be the first. THING i Despise. Ties first of, all It's. Unamerican. Okay, secondly you know the, issue the biggest ISSUE i have With ties is. This everybody feels like they. Lost everybody feels like they lost the. Game not a Single cowboys player or coach was happy in the locker, room not a Single packers player or. COACH i THINK i never had a problem with sudden. DEATH i think college overtime's. Amazing you know That Penn State oregon, Game, okay you, Know, DAN i live in Central.
Speaker 16: Pennsylvania EVERYBODY i knew went to the game and. Whatever at the end of that, game all The.
Speaker 11: Penn state, fans the, players the, coaches absolute.
Speaker 16: Devastation The oregon, players coaches.
Speaker 11: Ecstatic gigantic, win something they'll remember for the rest their. Lives you know what nobody talks about the rest of their.
Speaker 18: LIVES a, tie you, know, like nothing Like that's why we even play, sports, right the thrill of, victory the agony of, defeat to feel, alive to feel like we're doing.
Speaker 11: Something Special ties are, terrible and we're gonna have more of.
Speaker 16: Them we're gonna have more of them with the new rule that both teams get the ball no matter.
Speaker 10: What AND i don't know What Matt lafleur was.
Speaker 16: Doing at the end of that.
Speaker 11: Game it's like he was so afraid That Brandon aubrey might hit a seventy five yard field goal with five seconds, left that he played for the, tie which to be, HONEST i hope it comes back to bite him later in the year BECAUSE i despise that mindset that they got two plays off after they called time out with thirty two seconds.
Speaker 16: Left two Plays.
Speaker 3: Take a. BREATH i really.
Speaker 16: Don't like to You god a pro tie. Guy are you like a? Seatons probably are a high tie.
Speaker 3: Guy, no we like.
Speaker 2: Pks we were thinking about having the kickers have a kickoff where they started maybe the, fifty and then they go to the fifty five and then the sixty and then the first one to lose or miss or the first one to hit it they win.
Speaker 11: College ot but start at the thirty five or go back to sudden, death which incidentally is what overtime WHEN i played. Was WHEN i played for seven, YEARS i never not once heard one player or coach complain about sudden death. Overtime you know that it's sudden. Death win in regulation and then if it gets to sudden, death get a.
Speaker 16: Stop. Man i'm. Bothered i'm bothered by. Ties as you can.
Speaker 3: Tell are The chiefs.
Speaker 11: Back they're getting, there AND i think they'll be fully back when they Get Rashi rice back from.
Speaker 2: Suspension, okay but where if you Have buffalo at. One, yeah Where's Kansas city?
Speaker 16: Two?
Speaker 3: Oh, Okay.
Speaker 11: YEAH i don't know what's going on with The ravens right. Now that's a bad. SITUATION i don't believe in The. STEELERS i think that The chargers losing alt now for a few weeks really hurts. THEM i think the only other team that's up there with The chiefs and The. Bills believe it or, NOT i think The Indianapolis colts might be that. Good you, know IF a D mitchell doesn't cost them two touchdowns On sunday they win AT la against The rams to get to. UNDEFEATED i, mean that's WHY i think they had The colts today on The Rossucker, Podcast powerings A M i had them. Fifth i'm a big time believer right now in The Indianapolis, colts even though they lost that.
Speaker 3: Game safe. Travels thanks for joining us as.
Speaker 16: Always all, right thank you.
Speaker 2: Man That's Ross Tucker Ross Tucker Football. Podcast he'll be on the Call thursday night On westwood One, Radio niners and The. Rams adam In West, Virginia, Hi, adam what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 8: DAN i was just wanting to talk to you about The dolphins real.
Speaker 4: QUICK i, MEAN i.
Speaker 14: Know we won last, night BUT i was really hoping we.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't.
Speaker 8: Hand this is the same song and. Dance we're just ticking the hand down the, road and you, know nothing's really going to. CHANGE i, mean even when Ty reid got, hurt he looks. HAPPY i think he was.
Speaker 2: Happy he was, believing BUT i think in fairness to, HIM i think he was in. Shock but you, know are you going to be a seven win? Team maybe an eight win team you kind of want to, be you, know on either end of the rainbow, There hey we're not any good but helps on the, way or we're really, good we might be playing for a. Championship when you're stuck in that middle, ground your draft pick is not going to be a high draft. Pick you're you're kind of now you can argue and, say, hey we're only a couple of players, away and you might, be but you have to hit on those draft. Picks and it feels like those teams that are really really bad know that they're going to get an impact player or, two and the teams that are already great you get to play for. Championships more phone calls coming, Up we're back after.
Speaker 1: This Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio app SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 2: Live it just kt a text message from somebody, Saying, hey you were talking about going To ireland for the Next Ryder. Cup i'm in happy to fly. In if you Said Will, ferrell you'd be. Correct, yes let's. Go let's do it, again buck. It, Yeah So Ryder cup in two years at a dare.
Speaker 3: Manner we heard from a dare.
Speaker 2: Manor yesterday, Already, todd didn't you get a text?
Speaker 19: Message, yes someone that LinkedIn follows, me follows the show and said that they have some kind of contact, there connection with the whole hotel there and, everything and could put us in touch with the right people to try to help get this, going and a location where we can set up shop and do the.
Speaker 3: Show so we'll say we could be catfished.
Speaker 6: Again we could be it could be A jennifer left you a. Thing BUT i think this gentleman's. LEGITIMATE i.
Speaker 10: Hope, So.
Speaker 2: OKAY i pose the question TO nfl, source AND i, said Is Dylan gabriel ready to? Start they're playing? Overseas they got The vikings coming up this, weekend and there has BEEN i think not widespread, speculation but at least chatter that they're going to turn To Dylan gabriel at some point here.
Speaker 3: Soon my source said.
Speaker 2: Eventually But Joe flacco still gives The browns the best chance to win right. Now the schedule's been, brutal but eases up after a trip To. Pittsburgh and then my source follows up by, SAYING i know a quarterback who isn't ready to start The Shudoor sanders clickbait, Continues, Yes, pauling but.
Speaker 12: You talked about teams that are in no man's, land and The Cleveland browns at one and, three what Is Joe flacco going to get them four more wins this?
Speaker 3: Year?
Speaker 12: Great so, there they don't get the number one pick of the. Draft if you Try Dylan, gabriel now you see if he's, something and then you probably don't win any many more games and you get a very highdraft and you could restart your whole.
Speaker 2: Quarterback the only THING i want to happen with these two quarterbacks is they get a chance to show if they can play or. Not AND i don't know if they're going to get a long enough runway to show if they can. Play and, therefore The browns with two first round picks and probably going to take a quarterback and then they'll get kicked to the. Curb maybe one stays there as the backup. Quarterback BUT i don't Think Dylan gabriel is going to get a chance to.
Speaker 3: Play he's ahead Of Shador.
Speaker 2: SANDERS i Know Shoudoor sanders has got more attention and he hasn't even played than Cam, ward who's the number one overall pick in the. Draft Shoudoor sanders isn't ready to play right. NOW i hope he gets an opportunity if he's. Ready but Cam ward has been starting for you, know The, titans and he's played. Poorly but nobody focus on this the number one overall. Pick but this is about a guy who was passed over by everybody numerous, times and everybody keeps holding out because It's Shador. Sanders shador Isn't. Dion just to let everybody know if you've. Forgotten he's a tough, kid played well at two different. Universities but in THE, nfl it's about you, know making, decisions quick, decisions and you, know being able to at the line of, scrimmage be ready to, go get your team ready to. Go we, see you, know these teams that aren't any. Good what happens you kind of get to the line of scrimmage and you're not. READY i, mean this is what happens with younger. Quarterbacks they think they can make something. Happen this isn't, college it's Not, colorado it's Not Jackson.
Speaker 3: State and that's the big difference.
Speaker 2: There that's why they would stay With Joe flacco and he's forty years of, age because he gives.
Speaker 3: Them the best chance of. Winning, now how is.
Speaker 2: That it's because he's done this before many many. Times is he a better athlete Than shador Or Dylan. Gabriel, No but it's. Quarterback it's. Understanding it's being in the moment in understanding because you see guys who look like they have no idea what they're. Doing and Cam ward is in a tough. SITUATION i don't know how good he. Is saw him in, college he was at three different. Universities maybe in a year from, NOW i don't know if Shudor Dylan gabriel is going to get some some. REPS i don't know If shudor. Does but this is what's going to happen if he goes out, there and then you're going to get people, saying why are you putting him out? There, oh you, didn't you didn't prepare him for. This he has to prepare for the moment the best that he. Can but if he gets out, THERE i remember the analyst who, said, oh you know in, preseason, oh you're going to put him out, there you, know starting a. Game, well he had to start a game because everybody was injured and we hadn't even been with the first you know, Team and what. Happened he played really. WELL i didn't hear one of those analysts say anything about he didn't get reps in the first team and all that, stuff like we spend more time on him than the guys who are actually.
Speaker 3: Playing, Yeah, marvin.
Speaker 9: Has there ever been a quarterback drafted number one overall that's gotten less attention than Cam?
Speaker 10: Ward do you guys think of Anybody.
Speaker 3: Tim, couch he was drafted by The browns.
Speaker 10: Out Of.
Speaker 3: Kentucky i'm trying to, Think, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's hard to get drafted number one overall and start right away and not get any.
Speaker 3: Attention, Yes.
Speaker 12: Paulin Jared goff was a bit of a surprise in twenty, sixteen taking number, one and he didn't start for the first like seven eight games of the. YEAR i think it was a case, Keenum so it was a slow burn for.
Speaker 3: Him, YEAH i mean he at least played against some good.
Speaker 2: Competition, yeah you know that, ON i guess it is, surprising but, YEAH i mean Cam, ward you, know good for. Him he's flying under the. RADAR i don't think anybody's breaking down his film On NATIONAL. Tv it's, like uh, Yeah titans. LUNs, okay when should Do we're going to get a. CHANCE i hope he gets a.
Speaker 3: Chance but it's pretty, Amazing, yeah.
Speaker 9: Farmon and it didn't help that he went to meet the most irrelevant franchise in THE. Nfl it's not like he went to any other.
Speaker 2: Team, well he manipulated the. Draft him and his dad manipulated the. Draft they wanted to go where they thought that he could play and maybe this is the place for. Him didn't want to go To. Baltimore when you start dictating where you want to go and not, go that doesn't sit. Well it wouldn't with me in management and be like unless you're, really, really really good Like John. Elway THEN i don't know if we.
Speaker 3: Should be dictating.
Speaker 5: That, yes they didn't manipulate the draft because they wanted him to go in the fifth round to The.
Speaker 2: Browns, no but there were teams that he SAID i wasn't going, to so they took him off the. Board maybe he could have gone gone. Earlier baldemore wanted to take him. NOW i don't know, where but he told. Teams they reportedly told teams that they didn't want him to go to.
Speaker 12: A lot lessened.
Speaker 3: They all.
Speaker 4: Did they honored.
Speaker 5: Wishes The browns themselves listened to, many, many many.
Speaker 3: Times so something happened there.
Speaker 2: Late he didn't get better as the draft went, on and then all of a, sudden it's, like, uh we Took till And, Gabriel, okay we're taking shut. Doors in the fact That Tom, brady who has been his mentor and one of the minority owners of The, raiders in a team that could have used him as a backup, quarterback did not take him told me an awful, lot because you would have Thought tom would say To, dion, Hey i'll take him under my. Wings i'll be able to help him.
Speaker 11: Out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, see it's the same reason nobody Wanted Tim. Tebow way too much of a circus for too small of a. Player, Absolutely Tim tebow wasn't that good to with all of the nonsense that came with him that forget, it, dude not worth.
Speaker 2: It, well we were all surprised Where's denver took him in the first, round, like oh my, god.
Speaker 3: Final hour in the way.
Speaker 2: Sucked Uh little baseball With Harold reynolds will stop by more of your phone calls or back after This Dan Patrick.
Speaker 4: Show