Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty, I'm strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Low balls in a straight has breaks his Pat Kirkering, gotta find.
Speaker 4: It comes to the pain, Oh my goodness, it turns it away and the Dodgers of un.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers when.
Speaker 3: And they are moving on to the NLCS.
Speaker 2: And the most incredible tennis.
Speaker 3: Pandemonia the Dodger Stadium and.
Speaker 2: Your heartbreak for a live Kirkering just occurred to me.
Speaker 5: I think the only time the word pandemonium ever comes up in real life is when a sporting event has a crowd going wild. I don't know if I ever hear a pandemonium other than that. Anyway, Dodgers are moving on to the next round, one round short of being in the World Series. And poor picture for the Phillies who made a terrible decision there at the end of the game, eleventh inning, bases loaded, chance to get out of the inning and go on.
Speaker 2: And you know, maybe maybe win the game. It was a Little League mistake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just got this text, boy that today is going to feel like an eternity for Orion, that's the name of the picture. So yeah, it was a little league mistake. It was like a you're not a particularly good player. Your coach is slapping his forehead. Well, that's Jack, that's the way he is. He's not very good, a sort of mistake. And he made it there at the end of the game. And do you think he's able to like more or less block it out and go on with his life today or is he just laying in bed staring at the ceiling.
Speaker 2: Thinking, while my wife is over outed, I do this. He's going to be down for a while.
Speaker 1: I hope he's got a wife and kids or friends or whatever.
Speaker 5: It would definitely help to have a wife and kids, because you'd have more serious, important duties to deal with right away if he's a single guy, hm, and it helps. Like it wasn't like Game seven of the World Series. You know they win that game.
Speaker 1: That's no guarantee they even beat the Dodgers again in advance, much less get through the NLCS, much less win the R Series.
Speaker 5: So unfortunate was that any Did he get an error for that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, and it was just a mental error, but it all happens really fast.
Speaker 5: I don't know this about baseball. Do you get an air for bad decisions or you drop all or something like that.
Speaker 1: But executive producer Hanson, I think the answer to that is no, thrown at the wrong pace.
Speaker 4: I think the the air is given as a result of the bad decision, right, I mean you, so it depends you could make a bad decision and still recover and maybe fubble flub your way through it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know that bad decision is automatically in air.
Speaker 5: That was a heck of an ending to a very exciting baseball game. I felt bad about it. I want to you know, you want heroics. You don't want a screw up.
Speaker 2: To be the end of the game.
Speaker 5: AnyWho, Dodgers are moving on to the next round, and they will play the Cubs or the Bruce.
Speaker 2: We'll figure that out soon.
Speaker 5: A couple of headlines for You mentioned this one earlier. Wall Street Journal Americans are falling behind on their car payments. Like at our record rate, we've got a the highest number of people with low credit scores that haven't made a payment in sixty days that we've ever had, which might be the beginning of a trend this direction. Usually that's not an indicator of good things, but you know, some of it is an indicator of decision making.
Speaker 2: Like Joe also said earlier, that's funny.
Speaker 5: We got people living beyond their means and a government that lives beyond their means. Yeah, you get the government you deserve that. It's not a surprise that a people that are buying things they can't afford are not caring that the government is buying things that can't afford.
Speaker 1: In a directly related story, the Congressional Budget Budget Office report just came out. The deficit for the last fiscal year one year was almost two trillion dollars. We spent one point eight trillion dollars more than we took in, even though there was an enormous growth in how much we took in.
Speaker 5: The stock market is setting records. There's no giant crisis of any kind. This isn't World War II or the pandemic. Just a regular year, a regular year when things are going well, and we spent two trillion, almost two trillion dollars more than we took in. If you're not haven't been paying attention to this, or not old enough, I remember when we hit four hundred billion one year.
Speaker 2: Jeez, how long ago is that now?
Speaker 5: In maybe fifteen years, and it was just a crisis, Like, oh my god, four hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 2: We've lost our minds. We've lost our minds. This can't continue.
Speaker 5: Now we regularly spend a trillion more than we take in this year, almost two trillion.
Speaker 2: It is beyond unsustainable.
Speaker 5: It's like, I don't know when what it would be a good example of of this that it's just it's gonna end like this weekend or next year. I mean, it's just it's so far over the top nuts and it's not even a.
Speaker 2: Topic for conversation right in my mind.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, it is such an enormous betrayal of the responsibility of self governance. It's you don't need to know anything else, like trying to figure out if you know, is Jack a good guy? Well, he murdered ten people in cold blood, and he cheats at golf and sometimes he doesn't signal when he changes lanth No, you don't need to know anything more about your government than they spend almost two trillion dollars worth of your children and grandchildren's money.
Speaker 2: Just to keep their power. It's all you need to know.
Speaker 1: Like it's utterly bankrupt morally and soon literally. Well in one more note, one more note, it was pointed out to me one of the one of your great political thinkers I can remember his name, pointed out that any great power that spends more on debt than it does on defense will soon cease to be.
Speaker 2: A great power. We are now that.
Speaker 5: So try to picture an individual of family. You're buying a new car every week, and me, you got cars. You don't even know where to park them. Now you just keep buying a new car, and you can't afford the payments, and you're not making them and doing it.
Speaker 1: I haven't even figured out how you adjust the mirrors on the old car.
Speaker 2: Now I got a new car.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure that's an exaggeration from what our government is doing when it's two trillion dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, driven by eight percent annual growth in all three of the largest entitlements, Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. A lot of discretionary discretionary programs also going.
Speaker 2: It's Friday.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be, you know, the most depressing radio show in America. But my final statement on this before you make your final statement, probably also dark. This is in a good year. What if we end up at war with China or there is an economic downturn of you know, historic proportions while this is happening, Oh my god, the most predicted and predictable result. I will get no enjoyment of being right about this. When it happens, I'll get a little just for the record.
Speaker 1: Here's here's another good one, and I love this one. This will cheer your mood. You remember when that catastrophic fire hit the LA area, including some friends and colleagues of ours and the USA Today headline Hotter, Dryer, more flammable, scientists say climate ange Field, LA fires, La Times, LA fire.
Speaker 2: Oh this New York Times.
Speaker 1: LA fires show limits of America's efforts to cope with climate change. I got a list of these. They're all the same. It's an arsonist. It's an arsonist. It wasn't climate change.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: If you don't or have never lived in California, you don't know this. If an arsonist decides I'm going to set a big fire in the midst of in the midst of a dry spell, You're gonna have a hell of a fire every time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a nut job listening to rap music that had a video about fire.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 1: And climate change Governor Gavin Newsom, if you don't believe in science, believe your own damn eyes. He tweeted pictures of the firefighters trying to get the fire under control.
Speaker 2: Wow, if you don't believe in science, all right, Gavin.
Speaker 5: So, the Japanese just elected a woman to be their new leader. She's sixty four years old. She will be the most powerful woman in Japan in more than one thousand years.
Speaker 2: And she is being.
Speaker 5: Compared regularly to Margaret Thatcher because she is a hardcore, iron willed conservative that will be running Japan now. So it'll be interesting the United States, too, interesting to see how that goes. Kind of excited about that. Seems like it's going in the right direction. I haven't mentioned this yet today. Letitia James was indicted yesterday by the Trump Justice Department.
Speaker 2: Good, finally our streets are safe again.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: She's a scumbag. She's the one that brought the absolutely ridiculous. According to everyone you know, he overinflated his buildings to get a better loan something or other, and I mean just ridiculous. That law had never been used in that way ever before. That's not what it was intended for. Nobody was actually complaining about it. I mean, it was just complete law fair And after campaigning I'm gonna get Trump. I don't know how, but I'll get him. She ran on that, she got elected. She came up with a wacky way to do it, which then got overturned. And now Trump is doing basically almost exactly the same thing to her on a lower level, because she's not a billionaire with overvaluing something for a mortgage, just to make her life miserable.
Speaker 2: They're not going to win the case, but.
Speaker 5: It will make her life miserable for quite a while and cost her a lot of money. That's where we are with our politics now. They play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Speaker 2: The tisshow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we can't again I keep using the phrase race to the bottom. We can't just keep doing well, you did it first, which is true, yes, but well, yeah, this prosecution is indefensible except as.
Speaker 2: Illustrating. If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
Speaker 1: You can call it retribution if you want, but it's and you're right about the race to the bottom.
Speaker 2: You're a one hundred percent right.
Speaker 1: But the reason why both hockey teams have big, strong guys who will whack your head if you beat up their fast little score is because if only one team has them, they will run rough shot over the other. And I'm not like proud of that stance, and I'm not even advocating for it.
Speaker 2: I'm just observing that it exists, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: If you guys do law fair, no matter how righteously and persuasively, we say, that's clearly lawfair. I remember the morning Joe Geeks when the Alvin Bragg thing started, and they were all like, this is ridiculous. Yeah, how do you stop the other side from doing that? If, no matter how again righteous and persuasive, your argument is against it, they just keep doing it. And again, that's a terrible argument, and I'm ashamed. But it's also true. I don't know where to go from here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And the coverage of this yesterday of her being indicted never included from any men stream source anyway. By the way, critics left right and center thought her prosecution of Trump was bogus and got overturned later they never mentioned that.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, we just keep sinking sinking.
Speaker 5: You combine that with our overspending, and hey, things are looking rosy. Ha different story before we take a break. Guya ran Pravda, that's one of your newspapers in Russia. Fell out of a window seven stories the other day. Got to be more careful, had been doing some reporting about the war not going well. And yeah, he slipped next to an open window and fell out.
Speaker 1: I guess is made like waxed the floor there or something. He didn't know it. Obviously, we got more on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 7: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has opened an investigation into Tesla's full self driving system. Officials now say they've received more than fifty reports of traffic safety violations and reports of several injuries.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 5: I have FSD in my newest Tesla, But the technology has changed so much over the last five years that I've been four years that I've been driving Tesla's some of the older cars, I mean, are they all the newer models? I mean it's also complicated. I don't know if we'll ever reach full self driving that insurance companies and states allow.
Speaker 2: I really don't know if that'll ever happen. Hmm, I would guess yes. I mean, but I have no idea when.
Speaker 5: What the existence of WEIMO you'd think is going to happen. But that's a completely different model or way of doing it. You can do it for an individual city where you map every single sidewalk, alley, everything into the computer system of that car. Can you do that for the whole country to allow your or do you buy or do you start buying cars that this car is just programmed to drive in within fifty miles where you live.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's the way it'll work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm out of my depth there, Donnie. I was reading about self pilot planes is almost certainly the future in a lot of realms. But they point out that the pilot reassures everybody when there's unexpected turbulence or you know, just to if you're walking on the plane you turn left and there's nobody in the cockpit, you glance to your left. That would freak people out. It would take a long time to get consumer acceptance. They were pointing out.
Speaker 5: Oh, I would say, the self driving on my newest vehicle is fantastic. It has never made a mistake as far as I know, even close to it. It's better than I am. Really, you can see things I can't see. This is a very interesting story that we want to touch on.
Speaker 8: A frightening new prank taking over social media across TikTok, people generating AI images of a stranger in their house and then sending the photos to their loved ones. The pranksters texting things like he says he knows you and I told him he can take a nap, sending their families into a panic, at times ending with police knocking on their door.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was just trying to mess with my mom and she took it seriously. Calls are ranked and priority, and something like this would be a high priority.
Speaker 8: Police departments across the country saying they're getting nine to one one calls from parents thinking their child is actually in danger. Police issuing a warning to users that pulling pranks like.
Speaker 2: These that I'm just messing with you. It's AI.
Speaker 1: Criminal charges you stupid, see unplug the Internet. God, you are a freaking moron. I'm disappointed. You're my child.
Speaker 5: I better take a look at the way I invest, because I'm gonna be taking care of you for the rest of my life because you're too freaking stupid to exist, I mean strong.
Speaker 2: How can you possibly think I know what I'll do. I'll have my.
Speaker 5: Parents think a stranger has broken into the house and I can't get him to leave. That'll be funny. God, you are an awful human being or your brain is broken utterly lacking in judgment. Oh my god, Yeah, that is horrific. How can a person be that blind? I don't know the population are I don't know. It's got to be small, isn't it.
Speaker 1: You know, kids are so easily led that they see it online, they're told it's funny. They have no independent judgment because they're sheep ish, and so they go ahead and do it. On a much more serious note, I was reading about this disputed area of Ukraine where the Russians took it, then we're repelled.
Speaker 2: Two years later they took it again.
Speaker 1: First thing they do when they establish control they go into the schools and they make sure the schools are teaching the kids.
Speaker 2: X, Y, and z.
Speaker 1: Indoctrinating the young people is priority number one because kids are so easily led.
Speaker 5: And the first thing you learn you tend to hang on to for the rest of your life for various psychological reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, coming up woke Swifties. Anger continues that her new album.
Speaker 5: We talked about that the looking for dog whistles of white supremacy in the new Taylor Swift album.
Speaker 2: Hasn't died down. Jack.
Speaker 1: Plus they're calling him the perverted poster boy of gender ideology meets this chap come up, Armstrong and geddy.
Speaker 9: So the campaign manager for Katie Porter allegedly told her you looked bad.
Speaker 2: The other night.
Speaker 9: She said, you mean the interview and he said, what interview?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, meanness of gutfel. She is high school lunch room cruelty's.
Speaker 5: Katie Porter, not a handsome woman. But I don't see any reason uh to play on that.
Speaker 2: Yo stick with the shot stick with the evil. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was surprising though, I mean like the Advanced Team. I mean they had her in a setting that was, you know, less appealing for her than and they did a bad job. Usually they tried to go out of their way to make you look as good as possible. Her people did not do that, which might again, like I said earlier, she might have a lot of people rooting against her. If she talks to everybody that way, then I think you're gonna set up the camera to make you look as fat as possible.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm gonna do, right right, Yeah, yeah, interesting, it's funny. Katie Porter one of many people cited by who wrote this.
Speaker 2: I was gonna use their name. I gotta switch that to see the name. Got a click on that. There, there you go. Written by.
Speaker 1: God damn it Macy Petty Macey was a college volleyball player who had to play against dudes and testified and tried to get laws against that past and talked about how hard it was a few years ago, and she catalogs a bunch of Democrats high level, from Gavin Newsom to Katie Porter to Kamala Harris and others who now say, well, yeah, clearly their advantages and men you know, can't play, who were utterly one hundred percent committed to the party line back in the day, to the point of telling her, you know, you're just a camp you're just complaining, or you're a bigot, or you're transfoebe and this isn't a real problem.
Speaker 2: You need to stop complaining.
Speaker 1: It's it's amazing how little principler is in politics.
Speaker 2: These days.
Speaker 5: The more I think of it, the more I think it is likely that her advanced team puts her in lighting and situations to make her look as awful as possible.
Speaker 2: Oh, that dress is really slimming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you look you look good in that. And I'll put the camera down low like this and kind of at this angle. Yeah, you look like a dump flattering.
Speaker 1: You look like a dump trunk aboutout the camera here is a perfect yeah. So, speaking of gender bending madness, here's another thing that caught my attention.
Speaker 2: He was allowed to be in there, the.
Speaker 1: Perverted poster boy of gender ideology. This is from the good folks at the Washington Examiner. Richard Cox, fifty eight year old repeat Tier three sex offender who spent the second half of twenty twenty four prowling female locker rooms in woke northern Virginia, where he would ogle schoolgirls and expose himself to bystanders. Oh my god, Fairfax County so woke, you can't believe it. Where Cox exposed himself repeatedly last year. Never prosecuted him because, as the police chief put it, the policy of parks and rec allowed him and other persons to use the locker room of the gender that they identify with in both Oh, in this freak as, we'll post a link at Armstrong egetty dot com. But you'd take one look at this guy, you know exactly what's going on.
Speaker 5: I'm always trying to figure out the wolk thing because I don't always understand it at first blush. So they're supporting him because he's trans like, so if he was just a get or dude exposed himself, there's no woke reason to support that, is there? Because I mean correct the not arresting thieves you claim is an economic thing, Well, they're just stealing because they're poor because of the you know, patriarchy or whatever. But there's no patriarchy for showing your junk to people. So but at the trans angle is what protects this guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, although, having just read a really interesting thread about about a.
Speaker 5: Siety lgb sorry I showed you my penis the patriarchy in white supremacy and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Well, there's this LGBTQ civil rights leader in Britain who is now openly advocating for adult child sex. And part of the whole postmodern neo Marxist thing is that you you want to tear down every norm of society, every boundary line of society you claim is bigoted or racist. Mister trans phobaker, islama phoebaker or whatever else, you don't allow ther to be any standards. So it wouldn't shock me that somewhere in the neo Marxist movement they're saying, yeah, you have the right to expose yourself an ogle, you know, young girl. Anyway, In both Fairfax and neighboring Arlington County, county officials allowed mister Cox to undress in women's locker rooms because the county's fealty to gender ideology. They didn't arrest him because, under county policy, he counted as a woman. Washington Post gave the story zero nearly zero coverage, and they point out that the story of mister Cox putting his name aside is a reductio ad absurdum of the gender dogma that the outlet follows.
Speaker 2: How did I let it know that his name is Cox? I didn't catch her once? Yeah, pick up on that. Yeah, Oh my gosh, the pop up.
Speaker 5: Ad more than one? You say, now, I would look it's plural, all right? You can't let me tell this story while you're trying to get your computer work. So I had a well, you gotta you gotta repeat your axiom. I guess that was my axiom.
Speaker 1: The more conservative the website, the more impossible it is to use yeah, because they're.
Speaker 2: All about making money, not yeah. Uh. I had a girlfriend many many years ago.
Speaker 5: She her her house facing across her on the other side of the street, had a big picture window, and there was an old guide that would stand in the window work in his man on a regular on a regular basis, he would just stand there.
Speaker 2: What's that that's charming?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what phrase to use. What would you like me to say? Oh?
Speaker 1: No, no, I was talking about the activity now in a description of it was like in the seventies, and he would just stand there naked and you know, doing his thing.
Speaker 5: And uh, but her and her roommate, another chick would they're just like, oh God, he's at it again, Randy's doing it again.
Speaker 2: Oh you gotta be kidding, you know. And it wasn't.
Speaker 5: I'm not I'm not coming out pro that sort of thing, but not everybody immediately falls to pieces when that happens. Yeah, I'm still all for locking them up. Or being a crime, or getting a ticket, or put your pants on or whatever.
Speaker 2: So bah bah bah.
Speaker 1: In brief, this story is how liberals in the suburbs of DC allowed a repeat sex offender to victimize women stock children for months.
Speaker 2: More than fifteen months ago.
Speaker 1: In June twenty four, this guy was charged with indecent exposure for exposing his crank and a female locker room at Planet Fitness. In his defense, Cox argued, quote transgender people identify is belonging to a gender which may not conform to the sex they are assigned at birth. For a transgender person to be observed in a locker room nude is no proof that this was also anything more than platonic. He showed the Planet Fitness guy's his Virginia driver's license, which listed him as a woman, even though he's a man. That seems very odd to me. At the time, county officials knew Cox was a Tier three sex offender, the most serious level. He was charged in the nineties for allegedly exposing himself to children and ma abaiting in front of them. He was convicted in Arlington of taking indecent liberties with children. He was twice charged with a felony for failing to reregister as a Tier three sex offender, but Fairfax County dropped those charges. All of that was a matter of record when Fairfax County dismissed the indecent exposure charge in July because the victim did not show up in court.
Speaker 2: But it was because they believed or I don't get this. This guy has molested children.
Speaker 1: He's exposed himself to children over and over again, and he does it again. But because he says nope, now I'm a woman, they say, okay, no charges. If you're not fighting against this garbage, what are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: You know, it's like the guy that wanted to kill Kavanaugh turns out his trains.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you don't have to be in for reallying not near as serious.
Speaker 5: So I didn't know what to say when I was talking about the guy that was in the window across the street from girlfriend I used to have who would do his thing, And I didn't know what phrase to use, So I just asked chat GPT, what are some good euphemisms for male masturbation? And it gave me a list. Oh, boy, wrestling the eel, shaking hands with the governor, auditioning the single handed orchestra.
Speaker 2: You can stop anytime taking the bald guy to the prom Never heard that one. It's too wordy. See, you don't want more of those. I don't resent it, you know, for reasons. It's kase. I resent it as an editor, Yes, Katie.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just waiting for Hanson to turn your microphone off.
Speaker 2: That's all, by the way. One final note on this.
Speaker 1: The Washington Post carefully avoids any pronouns in their very minor coverage of this. And the Washington Post was contacted by the examiner who asked him why, and they made it clear, according to the rules, it is against our rules to call Cox a he. It also cannot follow its rules and call Cox as she if it wishes to maintain any credibility they point out. Obviously. Anyway, that's enough of that.
Speaker 5: I got some more sophisticated versions that that Claude gave me that you might want to vote or something if you ever need it.
Speaker 2: Was more sophisticated, and Claude because he's French.
Speaker 5: Yes, so I'll have that after I tell you about prize picks. It's gonna be another big weekend of football, obviously, and got baseball going on?
Speaker 2: Basketball is about to start up.
Speaker 5: Download the Prize Picks app and get involved with the code armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. You're just picking more or less on at least two player stats, and if you get your picks right, you could cash in. This is such a great way to take your you know what, I know what I'm talking about. I got strong sports opinions and turn them into cash.
Speaker 1: And you can combine a couple of baseball players with a football player if you want. That's fine as you build your lineup, and this is such a great deal. Download the Prize Picks afterday use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: That is the code arms strong.
Speaker 1: When you download the Prize Picks up, get fifty bucks in lineups to have fun with. After you play just a five dollars lineup, win or lose, you get it automatically either way.
Speaker 2: Prize Picks. It's simple, it's easy.
Speaker 1: You don't have to get in the league and do trades and then make it a second job.
Speaker 2: It's easy prize picks. Use that code armstrong it's good to be right, shall.
Speaker 5: I like some of these because sometimes you have to describe this scenario, whether you know, in some way.
Speaker 2: I can think of some examples coming up.
Speaker 1: Woke Swifties continue to help pour out anger over the new album.
Speaker 5: Like engaging in self care. That's that's a nice kind of calm one. Yeah, I you know, like he was engaging in self care. That's a little better, right, practicing self will still not good enough to have on the air, but yes, better taking some me time, playing a little five on one, stupid.
Speaker 2: I've actually heard that one.
Speaker 5: Have a having a date with yourself. Yes, I had heard that. Uh, a little five on one, you know it happens.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 5: The only one I've meant asked is Grok. Grok tends to be cheekier, pardon the expression. And I have heard about the Taylor Swift White supremacy that tame in the dragon.
Speaker 2: That's a common one. Some of these are just I'm skipping lots of them that show that I do have some line all across.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, great, winding the clock seems like British, doesn't you know you're asking for credit to UH for skipping some of them. Reminds me of one of my favorite cartoons many many years ago I saw and It's funny how just a handful of stuck in my head, including a handful of far Side cartoons that were just so great, but this one was. It was rather a troubling scene of a h Well, it kind of explains itself, but the guy is like being bound and all in the other guy says, you'll have to bear with me.
Speaker 2: I'm a homicidal.
Speaker 1: Maybia, and that's kind of what I was getting from you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I brought this story the other day and we have an update, I guess on people who are seeing white supremacy and maga politics in the new Taylor Swift album, which doesn't make sense given her politics. But anyway, that and other stuff on the way, stay here.
Speaker 7: Barmstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: I want to go back to that repeat offender question. If somebody has offended six, seven, eight times, even if it's a minor offense, but they continue to fail to turn their life around, at what point do you balance public safety to giving this person, you know, some accountability.
Speaker 2: What is that the ones?
Speaker 3: So let me make something very clear I was the one that sponsored the band the box legislation when everyone posts because the criminals system has had a desparate impact on black and brown communities.
Speaker 2: Let me leave with that.
Speaker 3: So, when this person's committing six or seven crimes, I didn't know his or her story. Maybe they were abused as a child, maybe they're hungry.
Speaker 2: So my.
Speaker 3: Remedy is to find their life story to see how we can help. First, I have no desire to put them in jail, but I need to protect you. And that's the calibration that we have. I put police officers on the stand. I've cross examined them, So whether they commit seven or eight crimes to me is not the issue. The issue is why are they committing these crimes?
Speaker 1: That is a mayoral candidate in Seattle, Bruce Harrel, who we talked about the other day, the whole restorative justice pie in the sky dreamer philosophy.
Speaker 5: It's unbelievable. I mean, he's way to that side. I'm probably too far to the other side where I don't give a crap why you committed those crimes.
Speaker 2: I don't care. You can't it's not allowed to right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got this note from a listener who has a lot of connections the Seattle area and is there a lot. Bruce has a progressive electorate, so to get elected he has to speak to them. Pre election. Bruce has actually been cleaning. He's cleaned up tent cities. Long eye five. He has correct that as leadership has led to the SPD being able to recruit again, Untangling the sins of years of progressive policies is a Gordian knot. The fact that an out and proud socialist is apparently leading the polls is probably driving Bruce to say those things. You cannot affect policies if you can't get elected. Seattle's on the same trajectory as New York City, and Bruce is the least bad option, but likely to lose to a worse socialist candidate.
Speaker 2: So in other words, he's.
Speaker 1: Trying to triangulate, trying to you know, somehow neutralize the.
Speaker 2: Well the vote.
Speaker 1: The sort of voter who would say that nonsense that he just wow, that's crazy talk.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So when the conservative crimes to me is not the issue, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's the issue. That's certainly an issue, all right. Speaking of the woke lunatics in the world. Yes, the controversies continue in weird little backwaters of the Internet among woke Swifties over Taylor Swift's new album.
Speaker 5: Which I've listened to quite a bit more than any other album she's ever put out. I'm not exactly sure why. It's definitely got a bit of a different flavor to it in a lot of different ways.
Speaker 2: To all the bitches who wish I would.
Speaker 5: Just die, I mean she didn't, Frank, she didn't used to say that.
Speaker 1: Well in the I was just reading about the song would which is all about Travis Kelce clearly's abilities and equipment.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that's what it was about. I wouldn't pay attention. It's got kind of a seventies disco dance thing going.
Speaker 2: And I just wasn't doing horizontal dance. Yes, I wasn't catching the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Seconding anyway, even though she's a well known democrat. Apparently, her song Canceled contains the lyric I Like my Friends Canceled. Some are wondering if she's gone maga one dismission disillusion Swifty writing I like my Friends Canceled as the most tone deaf lyric A white billionaire with Maga friends could release in this climate.
Speaker 5: Man, if you ever respond to anything like that with seriously, I mean, like, if you wrote that with serious concern.
Speaker 2: Or anger, what the hell is your life?
Speaker 1: Her song, Ophelia, she says, essentially, she was down and then she met the man of her dreams and now she's happy again. This was met with this hilariously uptight ex post quote. As an actual English major, I refuse to listen to a song that implies Ophelia might have reconsidered killing herself if she had just dated a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Right, he's a tight end, you idiot.
Speaker 1: Swift is also being a tactis a racist over a song wish list where she scoffs at the empty dreams of others and asks for life simple things. Essentially a house in a nice place with some kids and a driveway with a basketball hoop and that sort of thing. Boss up, settled down, got a wish list? Okay, the leftist word police have translated this into an act of white supremacy.
Speaker 2: I want to have your.
Speaker 1: White babies, and I want, actually want our entire neighborhood to be racially homogenous.
Speaker 2: Mule day TikToker.
Speaker 1: Now Taylor's calling you all childless cat ladies because she's about to pop out some kids.
Speaker 2: Eh, all right, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: And there's more, There's so much more.
Speaker 5: And I always say the same thing. Do these people actually believe this? Or is this just killing time on the internet? Did they turn on the Taylor Swift new album and think, oh my god, this is dripping in white supremacy or something and they're so upset? Right, gets This is what I always say. Also, get married, have some kids, have some kids. You'll be so busy you won't have time for this nonsense. That's what you need to do. You need to be busy all day with laundry and kids and picking them up in homework, so you don't have time to think about this weirdness.
Speaker 1: Are you troubled by idiotic, fake concerns? Try Kids Kids?
Speaker 2: What's a Kay Kids brand? Kids?
Speaker 5: If you miss a segment, get our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty