Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought you by Fries Picks. Sign up for Price Picks today with the Chromo code and leading off it's me Joey Pa, Joe Pi Zapia. That of course is the Welsh and today we're gonna recap everything that happened last night in Major League Baseball, look ahead in today's games. Major League Baseball got double header as well, so that'll be a fun time. We love the double dip. Always a good time with baseball Welsh. I don't know if you've ever been to a double header. I like the ones where you could just go and you get to go to both games. You just sit there for eighteen innings or whatever it ends up becoming, and you're just there for the duration. We used to do that in Philly and the Vet because back in the day that nobody cared such a big ballpark. They're like, hey, you want to show up for one, God bless it, I just stick around for the second one. Have you ever been to two games in the double header?
Speaker 2: Not in a traditional baseball sense, like you know, two diamondback games back to back or something, but I have one thousand percent done it from a minor league perspective. I've gone back to back to back. Actually I've done in days and one of my most fond memories was during COVID. Back in COVID, which most people don't have fond memories, me and Bogman did a game at where we saw tany pitch with the Diamondbacks and then we cruised on over maybe this is pre COVID and we got to see Spencer Torkosen play with ASU on a very cold night. So we went spring training to college baseball. Doubleheader stuff is fun. I've just actually never done it in like the traditional one, which.
Speaker 1: I yes, I remember. It was in the I would say late nineties. My friends and I it was Mets Phillies double dip at the Vet, and certainly we were yelling some funny things at Butch Husky. That's what we were yelling. We were Butch. We loved Butch Husky. That night. We had plenty of alcohol and we were not taunting controlling him. We loved him. We were yelling positive thing.
Speaker 2: That was actually gonna be my question there is what your level of troll at a game, because you know, obviously we don't particularly love being trolled out into the world. But you've got a troll a little bit, you get a drink in you are too.
Speaker 1: Do you have a.
Speaker 2: Player too that you have not mean mean, but you have trolled? Because I have two players that I only two players that I've ever really trolled.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting question, honestly. Know, Like we my friends I used to go there and we would kind of absurdly root for certain people instead, okaytrol thing. And I'm not a big drinking at the game person, Like I'm I'm a helmet Sunday guy, but I'm not a big like let's get hammered at the ballgame guy. I never was. Just still not that I knew my ice cream in the helmet that I definitely always needed. But it's a good question there to ask. I see a lot of good questions in the chat. So let's get after some baseball here, and let's start with the inevitable Jacob de Grom conversation. So here we go. He exited the fourth inning yesterday. The no hitter was intact in the fourth inning when he left, so he was lifted from the game. There was a risk issue going on where he felt it when he was warming up, and then it got progressively worse, and he was trying to be proactive and saying, Okay, instead of me pitching through this, I'm going to pull myself out of this game and get evaluated and hopefully it's not a big thing. So he didn't want to alter his mechanics, which I appreciate. He didn't want to push further injury, which I appreciate. So now we're in the waiting period with Jacob de Gram and I'm not doing victory laps today because nobody wants to see Jacob de Grom hurt. I don't want to see Jacob de Graham hurt. I want to see him healthy and pitching. I just decided that the fifth overall pitcher on the board was not a price I was willing to pay for him because of these issues that typically always stem So Jacob de Gram, you and I were talking about this before the show today. You in an excellent point, which is this is what you signed up for. It's happening. You have to know this. So now it's just a matter of what it is and how long it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one hundred percent, So like it's the most Jacob de Gram thing you could have. He was phenomenal, perfect, no perf early perfect, no hits, and then he comes out with an injury. But yeah, that's what I said to you. I said, there are people out there like you will Jacob de Grom blow and it's like, okay, yeah, there's a little bit of here we go here. I like that he was proactive about something. But I'm gonna chalk this up at least at this moment to this is what you got into. He was projected across the board for one hundred and sixty or so innings or one hundred and fifty, So where were those going to come from? Where were the starts going to come out from?
Speaker 1: This is part of that.
Speaker 2: This is part of the worry, the frailness apparently that comes with him. So I'm not going so everyone's like, oh, should we panic? Should we panic?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think so this. We knew he was gonna miss some time. I'll tell you right now. I think he's going on the IEL even if this is not serious. I think they have babied him every step of the way from spring training on. I think they'll put him on the al. They'll let him kind of rest it so they don't have any worry about it, and that's where it'll go and we'll chalk it up as part of what you paid for Jacob de Grom. Now, if he's out for the season, all right, all right, Oh no.
Speaker 1: That I don't I don't think that's gonna I mean, what what would the risk be to be out for the season. Like, that's the thing. It's not a shoulder, it's not a knee, it's not a it's not an elbow. The risk is not when we see or hear very often of like I mean, there could be like you know, it can be attended in there. I mean, yeah, I don't know, man. All I know is it's it's disappointing. It's the eighteenth of April, and you know he's coming out of a game which he's pitching a no hitter. And I think that is that is the ultimate Jacob de Gram picture, if you will, because that's Jacob de Gram. He is perfection. He is this guy who is unhittable, the best pitcher in baseball, but he can't actually do his job and pitch. And you know, people mocked me last year I said maybe he should be a closer, but maybe he should. I mean, maybe the grind of whatever it is, his body can't handle the amount of pitches, the amount of warmups, whatever it takes for him to do. And I don't know if that's better or worse. I'm just throwing it out there as an option because I saw when John Smoltz came back from his Tommy John surgery and had issues that going to the closes roll was something that was good for him and it revitalized his career. And then actually he made starts later on his career after his body seemed to catch a problem. I don't know. I just don't know. At this point with Jacob de gram and that unknown frustrated me that there was no discount on the unknown, that everybody just said, nope, we're going balls to the wall again. He's the fifth overall pitcher and maybe this is nothing and he misses a start, or maybe this is something he misses three months. But that's the Jacob de Grom risk you have assumed, and it's a really frustrating one in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only problem is what you saw out of him in that start.
Speaker 1: He was no hitting.
Speaker 2: Now that's the problem. I mean it's always the case.
Speaker 1: It's never he's bad. He's ever bad, Like, what is he bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is this bad?
Speaker 2: When he's sitting, you know, at home or sitting on the bench.
Speaker 1: By the way, Trent degrees, helmet ice cream is a must. It's another thing that you could chalk up to. I Oakland is a terrible place to watch a baseball game. They don't have helmet Sundays. I've been there. It's a dump that play. This is the biggest dump I've ever seen of all the dumps in any professional sports whatever. And they don't have helmet Sundays. I mean, get out of here with that nonsense. It's crazy, all right. So we'll wait to hear more news on Jacob de crom When we have more news, we'll tell you to make sure you have the Fantasy Pro's News app so you can stay on top of all those things when they happen. Corbyn Burns so wasn't the only guy got removed yesterday in terms of aces. Corbyn Burns removed yesterday due to a left pictorial strain. So it says it's a relatively minor issue. That's what we're hearing. So more to come on this one. But you know, aces are dropping like flies, which is why when TODs Bradley comes up on the old waiver wire, I'm gonna be super aggressive because you just don't know how long these guys are gonna last. Continuing on with some of the news from yesterday, Cody Bellinger on fire right now. His Baseball Savant page is odd. I don't know if you've seen it, Welsh, it's kind of all over the place. Five for five yesterday. It was against the A's, so I'm gonna roll my eyes a little bit.
Speaker 2: I think it was his first career five for five.
Speaker 1: By the way, look five or five is a five for five. I mean it was against the A's, but whatever. But he's hitting three to ten on the air, eighteen for fifty eight with three homers, ten rubies, three steals, which is also something I don't know if we were expecting over his first fifteen games. It's only fifteen games. But what are your thoughts on this Cody Bellinger open to the season. Is it something you're trying to move him off of or is something you're saying, Hey, maybe he's rediscovered himself a bit.
Speaker 2: I'm taking advantage of selling off. If people are buying, I'm not into it. I still don't buy it. Great that he's with the Cubs, great that he's found a new stroke, but I believe it's too difficult to buy into Joe. This would be a prime April sell off at high Maybe he levels out and is okay, but no thanks, thanks, but no thanks.
Speaker 1: Thanks, but no thanks. I think that's where I am too, because of the savon pages, like I said, all over the places, like the deeper metrics, some are really good, So I'm really bad. I don't know what to think of it. I think if you've got Bellinger that you know five or five, I mean this is the peak. This is it. I don't think he's a three hundred hitter. I think history has taught us that too, So I don't think there's some magical special sauce here. I think he's just been on a good run and he's been a streaky player. Even in his very good years, he was a streaky player. I remember way back early on where people thought that he should be sent down to the minor leagues, and then he came back and he just had a rocket of two months for Cody Bellinger and that's something that happens with him sometimes. So another thing that happened as well. This is something that is fun. Zach Netto got his first major league hit yesterday and he pulled his first welshism. I was watching the postgame interview here and I don't.
Speaker 2: Know exactly what you're talking about. I was watching that too.
Speaker 1: Did you watch it? And did you it probably made sense in your language. We went in Welsh. Now for people wh don't know what a welshism is, it might be new to the show. Welsh tends to either make up his own sayings or combine two different ones, and mister Netto did that yesterday. So here's what he said afterwards. He said, quote, first hit was a real monkey off my shoulder. So there's no such thing as a monkey off your shoulders.
Speaker 2: It's either that is the most well, it is.
Speaker 1: One of the most welshisms ever. It's either a monkey off your back or a weight off your shoulders.
Speaker 2: Say it again, say what was it?
Speaker 1: Exactly the exact quote, and I quote this first hit was a real monkey off my shoulders, a monkey off his shoulders. Yeah, that was good, tremendously Welsh right there. I mean, I can't get better that. Congratulations to Zach Netto forgetting that first hit. Good on him. Fenway Park of a memorable place to do it. But I saw that and I looked up. I immediately looked up and went, oh, my god, is welsh on TV who just said that? What's going on there? I heard it.
Speaker 2: I heard it, but I was just like, ah, I just stump a little bit, like I didn't think too much of it. But you're right, it's a total neism there. And by the way, I love Zach Netto. I still hold that he might be one of the better middle infield options. I know a lot of people paid for him in fab and stuff, but him getting to lead off. I love his approach. He's got the big high leg kick until he gets the two strikes where he kind of simmers everything down and goes for just a contact approach I think. And he's also got the commitment. So the million questions we've seen him or Julian, I would still go with Netto over Julian.
Speaker 1: You know, the funny part is him Volpi Julian, all these guys leading off, which is fascinating. You don't see that very often. Brett Baty would think was an a hole. Yesterday when he came up, I didn't expect him to be a lead off guy, but it was kind of odd to get all these guys coming up and leading off. That's kind of fun. Lots of lots of stuff going on here in the chat regarding the helmet Sundays and also ballpark food. Wonky says helmet ice cream is like nostalgia with a spoon. I agree. Now. Matt Flood says, helmet nachos are the bomb. I haven't done the helmet Joe.
Speaker 2: On opening day when Bagman came and visited me, we both had helmet nachos and they were like premium helmet night. Take a guess at how much helmet nachos.
Speaker 1: Were fifteen fifty, a little bit higher higher the well, okay, well you're keeping the helmet right, so you got it. I didn't actually keep it, but yes, but you get to keep the helmet right, like get station for your brain. It's not like it's not like a helmet, but it's not really a good helmet. It's like this crappy generic when you throw out at.
Speaker 2: The chat, helmet, guess what the chat so far, you still haven't gotten the price twenty JP twenty fifty twenty eight dollars for nacho helmet is what it was at Chase Field twenty eight be a Bogman. Both got it and we are dumber for it.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know what, I'm okay with that? It's opening day. I'm okay with that. I think that's that's something you treat yourself to. It's opening dam I'm gonna get it. Might also again, I love you both, but it could also be to share, just saying maybe not. You know, you could have shared the nachos. No, you want different things on your nachos.
Speaker 2: No different things on the nachos. And I'm also not going to like share nachos with someone else.
Speaker 1: Let alone, Bogman. Let's take quick breaking the action to tell you about so Rare. Get ready for so Rare MLB. So Rare MLB is a revolutionary, free to play fantasy baseball game with officially licensed digital cards from all thirty MLB teams. Go to fantasypros dot com, slash collect and sign up today. Build and manage your fantasy MLB team like a progm and compete against opponents worldwide for epic rewards. Unlike other fantasy baseball platforms. So rare managers truly own their fantasy experience scouting, buying, selling, and competing with player cards each week and season. You actually own your cards, so you win or lose, your cards are yours no matter what. So Rare MLB also allows you to advance to higher levels of competition that offer more rewards as you win more games. Join now at fantasypros dot com, slash collect and take your fantasy baseball experience to the next level with so Rare MLB. So Rare MLB, the next era is yours and now back to the action. All right, let's get this. Some other in injuries here out there. Chris Taylor was removed from Monday's game against the Mets do to the left side discomfort. Hunter Green a right tibia contusion, so he was hit by a comebacker there. Ahmed Rosario is gonna be out till Friday, so you're not gonna have him. And then a couple of Yankees notes here too. Carlos Rodin face hitters on Sunday in a two winning simulated game, so that's starting to move in the right direction. He was dealing with the elbow issue, but then he had a back issue crop up during that time. So it's been a little bit of a weird start. You're hoping here you get him by May. It seems like we're on track. If we're seeing two winning simulated game. Now, I would think a couple of days from now you're getting him into you know, starting to build up a little bit of inning. So that's a positive, but a negative. John Carlos Stanton's gonna miss four to six weeks with the hamstring strain. Now this is another guy too every single year. That's something, so you know what you're getting into. But you're getting a discount on Stanton because of that. So the Yankees lineup, let's talk about what it looks like without Stanton in it, because I think it's a very different looking lineup these days. Is coming off a good year. But you've seen Vulpi struggle quite a bit here, You've seen you know, some other guys in this lineup kind of you know, just piecing it together. Judge is always Judge. So how important is this injury here to the Yankees And who, if anybody really benefits in terms of playing time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's huge. Franchis Cordero is going to benefit. I think they might give Oswalt Parraza an opportunity to play a little bit. And I think Anthony Volpi benefits because he can continue hitting at the top of the lineup, and if his bat is struggling, it gives them a little bit more leeway to keep him in the lineup. So I think those are your biggest beneficiaries.
Speaker 1: And cousin Donnie and all other people saying men don't share helmet nachos, I mean you can. You just have to find the right man to share them with or woman to share them with. So it was like, just to be clear too on the nacho situation here. Yeah, before we move on from this, I have a.
Speaker 2: Picture of it if you want to see it. By the way, online I tweeted a picture of it and people were they were aghast at Well, I know they have.
Speaker 1: Him at City Field. I haven't had the nacho helmet. I mean it sounds delicious. What did you get in the nacho helmet? I assume some sort of meat. Oh not you you don't get me.
Speaker 2: But they did the meat in there, but it was like a chee, you know, like but it was like a gourmet cheese sauce, and it had like jalapenos and some beans and some tomatoes.
Speaker 1: And how much was this thirty two dollars?
Speaker 2: Twenty eight dollars twenty.
Speaker 1: Eight dollars just under just south of thirty.
Speaker 2: I mean when I did drink and it it was forty five dollars, and I was like this, I am dumb, Like I this is why I have money problems because I just spent forty five dollars on this.
Speaker 1: Here's the best transition we're going to make all year. Speaking of dumb, did you see Anthony Bass's tweets yesterday on the plane?
Speaker 2: You're in the dumb category? Is that where you're at with him? Are you in the like Key's?
Speaker 1: No. I'm a parent, So as a parent, I'm responsible for my own children most of the time and things that they do. If any of my children have an entire giant bag of popcorn in which they open and then that it gets everywhere, I'm going to make them pick it up first and foremost. If I need help, I will ask the fight attendant, do you have something that can help me clean up this giant mess that my children have made? Because they're my children I'm teaching them to be responsible and not entitled. If you miss this, run to the Twitter machine and see this, because this was this was I sub tweets of this amazing, and the retweets three quotes were amazing.
Speaker 2: But I'm not gonna have some if it really was how it was laid out, I'm not gonna have some stewardess or anybody talk to my kids like they talk. That's my only problem because I agree my kids were very cognizant of what's going on.
Speaker 1: Why did they get to the point where she had to say something? Maybe because it was sitting there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of that is reason.
Speaker 1: Because other people were saying, oh my god, there's popcorn all over my stuff, and I'm sitting in here trying to not.
Speaker 2: Have gotten to the point where, like you're saying, my kids would have left all the popcorn and everybody has to and they have to do that. I would have not gotten to that point because I completely agree, very cognizant of what's going on around me, but would also not how a stewardess come up and like throw a bag up and be like you're going to pick up every piece. No, you're not gonna.
Speaker 1: Talk to me like that or my kids, And I'm saying it like that.
Speaker 2: Pregnant, a seven month pregnant lady with two kids.
Speaker 1: Right, But here's where dad steps in, Dad and says, oh yeah, I'm on it. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, dad wasn't there.
Speaker 1: He wasn't there. So she was just traveling with the kids.
Speaker 2: I was traveling alone, a seventh month, seven month pregnant with two kids. They brought the kids popcorn. The kids spilled it, and they're like, here you go, here, you go go clean this up. You're gonna clean every little bit up.
Speaker 1: I look, I was a stay at home dad with multiple children, multiple small children. All I can tell you is I've never been pregnant. That's not something that I'm sure that makes it very difficult. But you know what you're getting into when you do certain things on a plane, when you have certain stuff on there, and you better be prepared for whatever the consequence is of all those things, because it's a small space that you're sharing with other people publicly. Anthony Pasty, I agree.
Speaker 2: But maybe Stewardess also, you give a big giant bag of popcorn to like, you know, six year old five year old kids.
Speaker 1: They bought it they bought it there.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're hearing different stories.
Speaker 1: Did the picture of the bag?
Speaker 2: I heard them. I heard they brought it to the kids.
Speaker 1: Did not break pop No, no airline brings popcorn to children.
Speaker 2: That would be a nice airline. Oh yeah, I don't know. The only thing I care about is how the stewardess would talk, because I completely agree with everything else, I completely but he's.
Speaker 1: I agree, there's a way to do things. But it also the minute, like having just been on a plane to visit you and cousin Donnie out in Arizona, if something fell whatever, what was my first thing is, hey pick that up? Right? It don't it?
Speaker 2: But you and I are pretty hot.
Speaker 1: This well, I'm just saying it's like, hey, pick that up. You know, let's teach everybody some respect. And if you're old enough to eat said popcorn on said plane, you're old enough to pick up said popcorn in that plane. It's like that did you see that that reel of that guy who's cat, I guess knocked over all of those, like all those food things, and he took the cat and he made it with its paws pick up every single piece. It was a freaking hilarious. I think Bogman sent it to me. It's like, hey, you made this mess, you pick it up. That is it might've even been alive real Did you see.
Speaker 2: On the broadcast? I think he pitched last night and they trolled Anthony bats a little bit though. They're like, we'll see if he can pick up this game.
Speaker 1: All the trolling things have been fantastic, and we also just hit a new high in people watching live. So don't tell me we don't like the fluff stories around here, because they're fun. But let's get back to baseball. I just had to I just had to talk about it. It's you know, it's one of those things where you go, hey, you know, just handle your business. Do we have to tweet and embarrass everybody? You know how hard is to be a flight attendant nowadays? It's hard. These people are trying to do the best thing they can, all right, geez, all right, let's move on. Three up lasterday. Freddie Freeman three for four, two homers, three RBI. Great game against the Mets. Unfortunately they lost. Clayton Kershaw by the way tonight going for his two hundredth win. We talked about that preseason so I expect him to get that. If something you want to wager on, I think you should. He's at home. I imagine it's gonna be a lot of push for that tonight. The Dodgers know it. Everybody knows it in the Mets. It's a really worthy opponent. You're getting some good numbers out. There might be a day to go put some money on Kershaw and the Dodgers. Patrick Wisdom clubbered two home runs Monday against the Athletics. So Patrick Wisdom playing very well right now? Rich Hill? How about this one against the Rockies? How about that one? Who would have thought that was going to come out there? Strikeout six of them seven? Excuse me over six innings of one run baseball for Rich Hill. The bad yesterday Kevin Gosman, who we've been talking about is you know, was going to come back to earth because the one era wasn't going to last? Well, it didn't. Four and two thirds innings, seven earned for him, five k's eras at three six five a lot more likely era for him. Flad Guerrero, oh for four three ks and Kyle Muller congratulations for the A's thirteen hits and four innings, six earned runs. You know, I just don't understand Walsh. It is so easy to just troll the A's, even the cop like whoever they're playing. I'm talking about trolling people at ballparks. You troll the A's because they are just the gift that's going to continue to give. And this is April. What happens when they quit, Like what happens in June and July and August. When this team is really just like fifty games under five hundred at this point, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they start picking up like just guys off the street to play second base and stuff like that, I completely agree. You bet against the A's at all cost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's unbelievable here. The Bellinger conversation is really going here too, about people buying in I'm looking here on the on the chat and I think that, you know, when it comes to Bellinger, maybe he is that question too where we talk about this in fantasy football a lot where you took a shot on a guy late and he works out he's more valuable to you than anybody else because of the way your roster's constructed. Does Bellinger fit that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that was like Kelnick. I think the same thing would have happened with Kelnick. What I've been talking about, like that that limbo stage of that middle ground where a guy isn't valuable enough to get what you deserve to get him, and he's more valuable on your team. I think Ellinger kind of sits in that territory. I just like, maybe I need to dig deeper and see it for a little bit longer. But I played this game for two straight years. Now he is showing a few signs in a new ballpark, But I do think he's probably more valuable in the win that he is now. At the same time, though, like I said, I think if someone was buying in people have turned to Kelnick, people start turning to Bellinger. I will reap the rewards of it, and I do have a share to and keeper that I will dangle out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of trolling, Trent is right Bartman Appreciation Day, and that's like a walking troll. We talked about trolling at the ballparks. Can you imagine having a whole I can't wait to see what the giveaways are. The giveaways for that should be like you get an old walkman, because then he have like, you know, like the old school headphones on. He was like listening to the game on the radio when it happened. So that's why I think he was really kind of glasses. Everybody should get like the whole Bartman thing.
Speaker 2: I think the giveaways should be, you have to take something from somebody like they're going to hand it after someone else.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it takes a pop off from me, thy bass, and no, I don't think a pregnant woman needs to be on her hands and he's cleaning up. I think that's when you say to your children, hey, pick that up here, aren't going to hold this bag open, and you put all of them back in this bag and then we're gonna throw it out. That's what parenting is. You teach people to clean up their own mess. Old school. Let's go, come on, all right, let's go to make some price picks. Well, she want to make some price picks. I want to make some price picks. Let's do that. And if you want to make some price picks, I suggest everybody go out there, download the app, use the promo code leading off again. One hundred percent deposit match up to one hundred dollars when you use the promo code leading off, so use it. It's good for you. Make some prize picks. It's fun. We've been doing very well here. Yesterday, of course I got tempted by Jacob deGrom, and that should have been the signal the things are going to go wrong for Jacob de Grom. When I finally went in and invested, that's when you knew things were going to go sour. So well, let's pull ourselves out of this sour into the suite. What do you have for the people today?
Speaker 2: All right, on the price picks, I'm going to give you three, but I'm going to give you a fourth that is calling me if you would like to do it. It depends your level of risk. Number one, give me Wander Franco Fantasy score over six. Yes, sir, Wander always a pretty decently safe bet going up against Nick Ldolo though, which they have not performed. But Wander hitting over three seventy against lefties this year, which is absurd. So it's a good one. Adley Richman score seven and a half. I love that because you get the walks entitled in it, and he loves to walk. He's an obp machine. I am going this is a fun one. Lodolo and Taj Bradley no runs first inning, So that's an interest. We're gonna talk about that in just a second, that Ladola strikeout number. But I'm gonna go with Lodolo and ToJ to not give up a run in the first inning, and that's my core three. You want to get a fourth? This one is I think this is trolling me and I don't know one hundred percent of what to do with this guy today. And I'll tell you about the other bet on it. The fourth bet you could put in is Sonny Gray. His fantasy score is twenty four and a half. He has hit this in every but one start so far this year. His strikeout number is crazy low, so I don't know what to do with it. If you want a fourth fantasy score, twenty four and a half for Sonny Gray for my fourth prize pick, so wander fantasy score, Retchman fantasy score, Ladelo, Taj to not give up a run in the first and then maybe the fantasy score for Sunny Gray.
Speaker 1: All right, here's a question from the chat before I get to my prize pick. Spencer Graves. Hey, guys, I'm gonna be picking up Tyler or McGill. Tyler the terrible toss up between dropping Red Debt, Mavers and Hunter Green thoughts, I don't want to drop either of these guys. For Tyler and McGill, this is a crazy thing to do. Plus, Hunter Green could even go on the IL in the next twenty four hours. I understand wanting to stream, but this is very short sighted. I think I think you hold on to both of those other pictures, don't you agree?
Speaker 2: Well, without second guessing, there's no chance to.
Speaker 1: Help friends, not drop Red Debt, Mers and Hunter Green. That's what we do here. We're friends, all right. Today For me, Spencer Stryder on the prize picks eight pitcher strikeouts, I'm gonna go above that. San Diego's offense has been not good. Let's just be honest. And of course, right now for Nano Tutties Junior is just the cover off every baseball he sees. You know, he's gonna go ice cold, right because as soon as he gets up to the big leagues, he's gonna be like, oh for fourteen, it's gonna happen. It's just this is the nature of the game. This is what it is. It's like when Trey Turner couldn't stop him. And now it's you know, now we're in the season. He hasn't made this show one time. We haven't talked about Trey Turner one time in eighteen days. I don't know why we just haven't. Clayton Kershaw pitcher strikeouts five and a half again. I'm targeting this game here for Kershaw with history on the line for him and Jabber Bias. I mean, sometimes they're not all overs. They can all be fun, but six and a half hitter fantasy points, I mean, is there a walking under more than Javi or Bias right now? I mean, let's go Javiy or bias under all day. Let's get to some of the bets we've got going out there too. Yesterday nailed another upset special, so that's a continuing to crush those. So here's your next one to crush along with it. Put the Braves and the Cubs on the money line together, keep it simple. If you want to add the Dodgers to this, you can again more variants. The trickier it is, the Mets are a good baseball team, so it becomes a little trickier. But the way the Padres have hit with the way Blake Snell is pitched, the way Strider is pitched. I'm going with the Braves. I'm going with the Cubs. My god, the A's are bad. That gives you plus one seventy nine. You can go ahead and add the Dodgers to this and do a separate one if you want and have some fun. Maybe put a smaller unit then, just because you're adding more variants. But I think it's a fun one. Drake Jamison three and a half strikeout total the over on betting pros. Take that Nick Lodolo again, five and a half strikeouts the over. Now, the juice is strong on both of these, so you gotta put it with something else. But yesterday we nailed that Diamondbacks win. That was good times and Corbyn Carrol actually had a walk yesterday, much to the chagrin of the Welsh. So it's crazy times there for Welsh Welsh in terms of wagering. What do you have for the people today?
Speaker 2: All right, I'll try to be quick. I know the internet is going nuts. I'm gonna make my internet company pick up my internet like it's popcorn.
Speaker 1: After this, Yeah, pick free, pick up all this internet. That's been dropped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty emp I'm gonna lose it on them, all right. So I've actually got that Dre Jamison and Nicolodola. When you said put it with something, put them together, That's what I'm doing. I put them together in a strikeout parlay. It is the three and a half and the five and a half plus one seventy one. You get an I actually two unit at that one. So just to beware, I've also got an Adley and Jordon hits parlay. Get just one hit for both of them. You can get just a little bit over even money. I'm also doing or done total basis over, which is even money. And for looking for just a game. Bet Angels Yankees over in the first five overruns, it's five runs, Jose Swarrez, Clark Schmidt. I'm gonna go with the overruns on that one through the first five. Those are my bets so far today.
Speaker 1: And someone trolling me in the chet created a Max Munsey account. Hey Joe, howdy Joe, any thoughts on my year so far? Yeah, it's great, You're really good against the Giants and I know you hit a home run yesterday. Big deal? So what so what when the batting average stays above two hundred for a season. We could talk again, but I like that. I appreciate that people love this show enough to create accounts on YouTube just to troll me. I love it. Trolling is has been the theme of today's show, which is you know, unexpected and fun. I was, you know, as we were talking about, you know, those being at the ballpark, and like I said, we my friends and I would always do the opposite. We would find somebody that we loved and we would just overcheer for them. True story. We were at Williamsport, Pennsylvania, where I used to coach baseball and play up there, and a bunch of US coaches went out one night to the game. It was the Double A Mets at the time. They were playing the Double A Cardinals. We got to see DJ Dozer and Jeremy Burnett's and guys like that back in the day. Gussie Jim Tomy play there too the High Socks before when he was playing with Cleveland. But there was this one catcher named him Garcia, and Hi may Garcia couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, but he had a hose man. This guy had an absolute cannon and he threw out two guys that night, and we were just going crazy for this guy, going crazy for Hi made Garcia. And he got up there and I want to say he was hitting like Max Munsei level at the time. But we got there and we were chanting. We were like in the third row and we were chanting for Hi me Garcia. He got two hits that night. One was an RBI double, if memory serves. And after the game, Hi me Garcia came up to us and gave us a ball and was high five in us. This guy, this young guy who I don't know. He never made it to the big leagues obviously because he didn't hit very much. But we were like, Hi, may throw one from your knees, and he would throw it from his knees and warm ups the second base like Benito Santiago. It was amazing. It was the best time. I wonder what Hi mey Garcia is doing right now. And no, it's not the picture. He didn't become a pitcher. It wasn't that high May Garcia, but he probably should have been a pitcher. Continuing on here with the DFS Sunny Gray Tonight nine point eight k over on FD. You could also pick on Nate Avaldi as well, or not pick on. Pick up Nate Evaldi. Nine point one for Evaldi, nine point eight for Sunny Gray. There's gonna be a lot of chalky pitchers on the board today, Spencer Strider being one of them. So having a Spencer Strider lineup is not bad. At ten point eight, I thought, yesterday is gonna be the best Jacob de Gromlin up wins. It was looking like it would be, could be best. Spencer Straida will line up wins today. Straida on the side, Spencer, I don't know. Going in on this Yankees A's Angels game tonight at the stadium, I think that's gonna be fruitful. Here. Get some lower rung pitchers in that game. You got Atlanta. Uh got some value there tonight. Netto. By the way, it's just two point two k Anthony Volpi two point eight Welsh. Let's get your home run call the day.
Speaker 2: What do you have total basis is Jordan Alvarez, because I'm going with him for the home run call. Jord On Alvarez. We got to get on the damn board. I had, dude, I was gonna do Marcus SIMI yesterday and I didn't and he had. It'll never happen. I'm telling you, I don't think I'm going to I don't think I'm gonna hit my age in Homers this year on the home run call and less like.
Speaker 1: Oh you need is one tear? You just gotta get on a hot streak. He's getting. You're you're a slow starter, you know I did.
Speaker 2: I did start really slow last year, but I did get into the four. I think so your now.
Speaker 1: VREs here's a here's a good one too. Now it was against the A's, but Hayden was Nesky, this is from King CNS. Is he a keeper right now? Obviously? No like keeper like in other words, we're holding on to him right now. After that start, I think, yes, I'm gonna give this guy a little bit of a leash. I know it was the A's. I know he was good against the A's last night. It was the A's. But was Neski is a guy that we both like. Do we think this is the turnaround for him or is this just a blip on the radar.
Speaker 2: No, I think he's gonna be julty the whole year. I think that's that's the type of guy that he's going to be. But in deeper leagues dynasties, I would keep wizn Esky. If it's like short keepers in a twelve team, he might borderline cutable.
Speaker 1: I think we should do this is kind of Trent is picking up on this. You should see if you can go a whole year without Welsh picking another home run? That's interesting too. Can you pick every single night and be raw?
Speaker 2: But see, I think I could. I think I could pick, like, you know, the Luisa Rise and stuff like that. Maybe maybe you know what, maybe in May we should start that where you and I also pick our anti home of the night and see who can win.
Speaker 1: Now we're just making up things to boost your confidence level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes me feel like this game. I'll actually probably be awful at that. I'll probably get more homers in that game than I do the actual one where I'm trying to get guys with homers.
Speaker 1: That is correct, That is the correct answer my home run call the Night's show. Hey o Tani, that's right. I'm going into that game very much at Yankee Stadium tonight. I like that one quite a bit. If you're looking at the home run board right now, still BHB Daddy up to nine and in primetime Larry C at eight. So everyone's trying to pick up DHB Daddy right now. That is a good thing. Don't forget everybody. If you want to do the home run contest, because people have been asking me how do we do it, go to Fancypros dot com slash chat, join the discord. It's free, but upgrade to premium. You have to be a premium subscriber. It's free to get in discord, it's free to chat, it's free to talk baseball, all that stuff. But if you want access to more channels like the home Run Channel, you gotta go ahead and go premium. You can leave a comment below and be a subscriber of our YouTube channel. Well that's a way to get into the free giveaway we're doing in April. But if you don't want to be that one person and you want to make sure you get it already and just beat Welsh, you can go in today, get two home runs right and beat Welsh. That's it. Fancy Boros dot com slash Premium. That's the way to do it. And don't forget. When your premium you also unlock everything when it comes to my playbook, the lineup Assistant, the waiver Assistant, the trade Analyzer, the league Analyzer, manage all of your teams in one app. It's free, download it today, check it out. But again, premium users get even more access to those things. Again, very excited for the double dip today. Love the doubleheader baseball. Any other questions here lingering in the chat? I'm going to take a look at real quick too, because certainly there's been some questions going on. Let's talk about the Padres, because I saw that one come up to what's going on with the Pods right now? It's just a matter of you know, you get taed teas back in sluggish April, maybe some tricky schedule. They played the Mets, they played the Braves, are playing some tougher teams here. Do you think that things get right for the Padres? This is the time to buy guys like Sodo and Boguards at this juncture.
Speaker 2: I kind of think it might be a time to buy Sodo. He actually complained if you just saw, he was complaining about the speed of the clock. That's affecting him a little bit, and I think that might be something once he adjusts is gonna be really well, plus more protection with tatis. I think SODA's a buye. I don't know about the rotation. I don't know overall. I think they're a slow starting team here, but Sodo is actually, like I think, a big buye right now.
Speaker 1: All right, speaking of a big buye, this is the This is the best comment we're gonna get. We're gonna leave on this high note. This is from Hugh Morris hearing Joey P. Thought he would have the body type of Gilberg. Instead he's jacked like Goldberg. So there you go. This is why you come to the YouTube channel to make sure of these things. You put the faces to the names. That was fun. That's a fun comment. Everybody knows I am a big wrestling guy. So there you have is. So enjoy your baseball today. Go get your prize picks in. Make sure you do it with the promo code leading off. That's the way to do it. And that'll do it for us. The story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 2: Drop my internet company