Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Stenebeck along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move. We are joined by Nora Melinda. She has Bloomberg TV Markets correspondent Nour a lot to choose from, although we did see some buying late in the session.
Speaker 4: We did see some buying late in the session, But one of the names that actually ended up down at the closing bell was Campbell's. Take our CPB down about seven percent. This is the lowest level that we saw for the stock in twenty three years, this after it cut its profit outlook, we know that they're essentially talking about consumers not really buying pretzels and chips.
Speaker 5: I used to love their chickennittle soup.
Speaker 3: But everybody used to love her chicken forever and.
Speaker 5: Needed sometimes today. But I don't make a homemade soup or my husband.
Speaker 4: You might go a goat to I just like the chickens.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people grew up eating that, right. Yeah, and maybe consumer preferences changed I.
Speaker 4: Think essentially, because I do remember when I used to eat that I switched over to progress, So I believe because they had like a lower sodium alternative.
Speaker 5: I do look at the sodium, so some people.
Speaker 4: Looking at the health elements as well. But it does seem as though, sorry to me, just holding up.
Speaker 5: We all remember that having the flu, sitting on the couch and you're like, there's some gimbo and I have some fleas anyway.
Speaker 3: Now, and now your husband makes you the soup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I see, Larry go to be fair, my mom made a lot of homemade soup. But every once in a while it was like, okay, a nice somebody got sick all of a sudden, and you know, you just had to take a can of soup. So they're having problems.
Speaker 4: They are having problems. One of the names that wasn't having a problem today say Sable Offshore. This is Sticker sc the stock surging and p about fifteen percent on the day, the highest level since October. This is, of course, after a Bloomberg exclusive reporting that Trump is preparing to invoke Cold War era powers to pave the way for renewed oil production off the southern California coast. So this will be using the Defense Production Act, and essentially Trump wants to ease some of the permitting for sable Offshore to restart production over there. When we think about the cluster of offshore platforms in California, so that really booyed the stock hire at the closing bell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these platforms right off the coast of Santa Barbara. So it's a little south of the Central Coast, just north of LA And anyone who's driven on the one.
Speaker 5: On one can mom and dad see them.
Speaker 3: Well, if they're driving south, they can see.
Speaker 1: You can't miss these their massive Oh yeah, there's a park just out just like right by Santa Barbara where if you're driving on the highway there's there's so much oil.
Speaker 3: Activity, is it really oh that yeah? Yeah, And it's and the highway goes right through it all right. Sometimes at night you can see the flaring too, not offshore, on shore, you see the flaring. So you're like driving at night and you can see the the flames coming from significant landmark.
Speaker 5: There definitely popped into session.
Speaker 4: You gotta say the ticker, I know, favorite ticker. Honestly, I loved saying this.
Speaker 5: I couldn't I know, we couldn't get plastic. He was like, w.
Speaker 4: Well, Wolf is the ticker woof the stock down and post sorry higher in post market, trading up about twenty percent after the closing bell. Is a pretty cheap stock though, I mean I'm looking at it's just about two dollars at the closing bell today. But this, of course is after its forecast annual earnings came in above analyst expectations. So this is essentially signaling that consumer pet spending it's still remaining durable despite a lot of the uncertainty that people had as it relates to the tariff trade. So this stock is doing pretty well as it looks like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is so way down. I'm going back. I mean, everybody was spending on their pets during COVID, but I mean at one point, going back to twenty twenty one, early twenty twenty one, right, it was about almost a thirty dollars stock.
Speaker 4: I know, and down about eighty nine percent over that five year time period.
Speaker 5: All Right, we thank you so much, Melinda. Check out our Stockmovers podcast. You can find it on Apple, Spotify, or anywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.