Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Six point fifty five on Wall Street ty to take a look at some of the stocks on the move today, and we're joined by Bloomberg's Battery Tight Tell and we just heard Michael do the story. But I was shocked actually to learn that Amazon Web Services controls about a third of the cloud markets. So that's like, you know, you better have a backup if something goes wrong there. How's that stock performing?
Speaker 4: Hey, we're in the red. We're hovering in near session lows.
Speaker 1: When it comes to pre market, Amazon down two tenths of one percent, notably underperforming the rest of the mag seven, which is decently in the green.
Speaker 4: On the day, we have NASTAC futures up three tenths of one percent.
Speaker 1: But this is after, as you mentioned, widespread internet issues. Amazon is the world's life largest cloud provider. It has given an update in the last twenty minutes saying that operations are back to normal, but it impacted a dozen of platforms, including things like Snapchat, coin Base, Perplexity, robin Hood and even Verizon. So we are on a back foot when it comes to those Amazon shares this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the thing I learned today was you'd better have a backup even if you know you have them as your service provider. Boeing, what's going on there?
Speaker 1: Flying higher, flying higher, one point seven percent higher in the pre market for Boeing shares. This comes off the back of a highly speculated move that the FAA is now allowing Boeing to raise the production of its seven three seven jet airliners to forty three jets, sorry, forty two.
Speaker 4: Jets a month to be exact.
Speaker 1: Now, this is a crucial step up for Boeing as it's attempting a path to recovery following a series of criseses with the seven thirty seven. Remember it was back in January of twenty twenty four that the door blew out on the Laska Airlines flight, and the FAA after that had placed safety inspectors at Boeing's factory and then limited production of the plane. Now, the fa set on Friday that the higher production rate won't change how it's currently moder monitoring Boeing's manufacturing or the company's push to strengthen its safety culture. So those inspectors will continue to work at Boeing's facilities. But production looks like it could be ramping up for Boeing in their seven thirty sevens.
Speaker 3: And then at the intersection of energy and artificial intelligence, we find Liberty Energy. I don't know who they are.
Speaker 1: Well, they traditionally are an oil fracking company. But not only now do we have bitcoin miners jumping into the data center trade, we now have oil frackers joining the party. So Liberty Energy the stock jump twenty eight percent on Friday, It's another seven percent higher in pre market, and this is on the back of them rapidly expanding their power generation business. They outlined a plan for a one gigawatt power capacity target through twenty twenty seven. That is too power oil drillers and most importantly, data center developers.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm betting there's no connection with artificial intelligence. But beyond meat, what's going on there?
Speaker 4: Well, the move this morning is maybe beyond comprehension. John. The share price has risen sixty two percent.
Speaker 1: It is now becoming the retail meme stock DuJour as the focus turns to this leaguered Penny stock. It is the most actively traded stock on the US Exchange this morning, and this comes after the stock dropped around seventy percent last week after a debt swap deal wiped out a lot of shareholder value, but retail traders see it as possibly the next short squeeze target.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.