Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong's Joe, Katty arm Strong.
Speaker 2: And Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty. I've gotten a lot of texts similar to this one.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 3: I'm so sick of men talking to me at the gym. I just want to work out. I used to wear a leave me alone T shirt. If you have a question about glutes, google it. Don't talk to me. But uh that it would suck if that happens to you all the time. I have a friend she wanted to get into golfing, and she had her afternoons free, so she'd go golfing by herself. She said she couldn't ever go. She'd be out there golfing by herself. Every five minutes some guy rides, hey, you want to golf with us? Or you need somebody to golf with or blah blah blah blah blah. Constantly She's just no, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Oh that would wear you out, that would get annoying, that would get knowing that people are looking at you. Try Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'd attempted to go off on a tangent and what I don't get from you dudes who do that sort of thing. Do you really think an attractive woman golfing alone just doesn't have any way to meet men, and she just doesn't. It's that's why she's out there by herself. She just has no way to meet a dude. So you coming by talking to her? No, no, no, I don't think guys think that they see a fish within the reach of their line, so they throw their line in simple as that. I can see how it would be very annoying tho as a woman that you'd think, I can't go golf by myself, or I can't go to the gym by myself because somebody talks to me every five minutes.
Speaker 1: It's too tiresome. Yeah, yeah, totally Yeah, unfortunate. Ah So we've got a lot to squeeze into the final hour of the week, But first let's take a fond look back at the week that was. It's cow clips, the.
Speaker 4: Week the bombshow release of what House Democrats say are emails to and from deceased convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 3: This vote is going to be on your record for longer than Trump is going to be president, and.
Speaker 1: Lauren Bowert herself was called here to the White House had a meeting inside the Situation Room. These emails proved absolutely nothing other than the fact that President Trump did nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: Do you think President Trump has something to hide here?
Speaker 5: I don't because I believe the women, and the women have said over and over again that Donald Trump did nothing wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, hundred flights have been canceled all across the US today.
Speaker 3: My little one learned the word ice cream and she maybe make sure I promised her to get her ice stream.
Speaker 2: When I get back home from the drip.
Speaker 3: That being said nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: I'd say it comes to fake me that little girl in her ice scream.
Speaker 3: Longest government shut down in American history could be coming to an end.
Speaker 1: Democrats nationwide feeling about Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 2: I think the word of the day is terrible. No way to defend this. You are right to be angry. I hell not.
Speaker 3: Turmoil at Britain's premiere broadcaster with President Trump right in the middle.
Speaker 2: We're gonna walk down to the Capitol and I'll.
Speaker 4: Be there with you and we fight.
Speaker 2: We fight like hell ready t ready play a bunch of fashion in the fir he says, excuse me, sir, so misgendering me right away. If you're not a woman, that's obvious. This is a police matter.
Speaker 4: We need.
Speaker 2: I was assault No, they are not. They are men.
Speaker 4: I was assaulted.
Speaker 2: Hey, optimist, you know where I can get a co I can take you to the kitchen if you want to check for a coke there. Oh yeah, that'd be great. Go, yes, let's do that. This is a very big play. Don't you think they have to get a touchdown. Let's put it differently. They just got a touch out.
Speaker 1: It is gonna be a great grandmother. Oh, Charley, congratulations.
Speaker 2: We don't want to talk about it, we say.
Speaker 6: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, it's clips of the week.
Speaker 3: We really ought to do the story about having your dead relative talk to you again.
Speaker 1: An AI chat bot halogram app of your dead granny.
Speaker 3: So we'll do that coming up. I won't read all the texts, getting lots of text about this whole gym interaction. It's kind of an interesting thing. We got a number of texts from I'm a woman and I wish guys would hit on me and they don't, and it's hurtful. Got that got this sort of thing. Don't dress like a whore, and we'll leave you alone.
Speaker 1: So that's uh, well, that's a kind of a different.
Speaker 2: Nick fuintes in cell view of the whole.
Speaker 3: Thing, I think, yeah, yeah, okay, I'm going to do one Epstein email and I'll shut up about it. Newly released emails shows that Epstein thought Trump was one of the worst people he knew and doesn't have didn't have one decent cell in his body. Well, he kicked you out of the club, he clicked he kicked you out of mar A Lago, so you're really really pissed off.
Speaker 2: I understand that dynamic. Yeah I don't.
Speaker 1: I would certainly prefer that my politicians be really good moral people. I have never thought that about Donald Trump. He's effective, He's had some great policies. But yeah, if somebody says, yeah, he's really not that moral a guy, he's not really a good guy. Ring's fairly true to me. Just have bigger problems than that.
Speaker 3: We will get to the AI loved one passing thing for you coming up soon. There are a number of clips in the clips of the week that I would comment on. A I don't know what to do about.
Speaker 2: Clips of the Week.
Speaker 3: We do this every week and I don't know any way around it, but sometimes there's stuff in there that I'm afraid you didn't hear, Like it's you know, it's an ai voice and you think it's a real voice. In this case, it was Donald Trump. It was actually Donald Trump's voice, but he never said that clip that we had in there. That was the falsely edited version from BBC that they are now being about, and we put it in Clips of the Week. BBC edited that together. They were like two things Trump said and almost an hour apart. They put it together to make it seem like it was one thought. And now the head of BBC and the number two at BBC, probably the most important news organization on planet Earth, the head of that news organization stepped down over that lying documentary that they.
Speaker 2: Put out a little over a year ago, and they should have.
Speaker 1: I came across a great perspective on that from a guy named Joseph Sternberg, who anyway, he's writing about that that scandal, and he says from afar, it might look as though the crisis englfing the British Broadcasting Corporation is only about the dishonest editing of trump et cetera. Oh no, friends, you're witnessing the meltdown of a core institution of British society. And then he describes the editing scandal that you just described, and so they did, they did all that, and he says, for what, I defy any reader to furnish evidence that a single American voter in twenty twenty four was swayed by the BBC report about anything. No sensible BBC staffer could have thought that airing this clip in this form on the show would convey useful information about what a Trump wind might mean for the domestic British audience that watched it. And then he says, one suspects that the panorama that was the show report was created solely to tackle the emotional pleasure centers of the journalists involved in the liberals among their audience. And then he points out, oh, and then he goes into BBC's Arabic service which is flamingly anti Israel, and the LGBTQ desk that suppresses anything contrary to far left beliefs at the BBC. And then the most interesting part to me was he says, this is rocking Britain in a way that America. They struggle to fathom if their frame of reference is US public broadcasting. The BBC is much bigger and it's funding model much more intrusive. You pay an annual tax of two hundred and thirty bucks a year every British household watching any live programming BBC or otherwise. It's a compulsory tax to support the BBC with their payers.
Speaker 2: With their incredibly slanted news coverage. That's wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know taxpayers. US taxpayers granted five hundred and twenty five million dollars to public broadcasting. Well, therefore fires cut off the bigot I was calling them with the World's NPR or Britain's NPR, they're way more what we always complain about NPR. NPR was getting taxpayer money, but not near to that level. And to finish the comparison, Corporation for Public Public Broadcasting got about half a billion dollars from the government, okay, from taxpayers half a billion. The BBC got five billion dollars wow, in tax money. It is omnipresent, four entertainment oriented television channels, two children's channels, feeds from Parliament local language channel channels in Scotland and Wales, a domestic twenty four hour news channel, dozens of radio stations, operates its own video and audio streaming services and several smartphone apps. Yeah, Internationally, it combines news as public diplomacy via the World Service, et cetera, et cetera. It is enormous.
Speaker 3: So the head of the BBC resigned and the number two resigned Sunday night, and we did this story Monday morning. And until then I was unaware the BBC was really the biggest news organization on planet Earth.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. So it's a pretty big deal.
Speaker 3: The fact that Brits put up with I assume about half Brits don't agree with the politics of the BBC. So y'all are paying that much money for something that is propaganda that you don't believe in. That it's amazing. Did it used to be more fair and that's how it got going?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love the left has moved so far left in recent years, just like in the US. But he makes one more really interesting observation. The fact that the BBC is omnipresent in British society means that for decades the BBC has served as the interior decorator, arranging Britain's mental furniture, which is a nice metaphor, but the effect is amplified because working at the BBC is a dream job for many journalists and creatives, and that kills any incentive to sattle your resume with any output that could one day turn off a BBC hiring manager.
Speaker 2: Wow. So it is the super super.
Speaker 1: Giant of journalism and you wouldn't dare put out anything early in your career that would challenge the BBC's leftist point of view.
Speaker 2: Wow. So it's like, if you want to be a journalist, the whole.
Speaker 3: World of media was the New York Times or the old New York Times pre verry wise leaving New York Times.
Speaker 2: Wow that's something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so good news.
Speaker 3: Your relative died, but they can still talk to you through AI, give you parenting advice. Grandma can talk to your son. It's fantastic, isn't it? Is it? Is it?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 2: What come? We'll get into that. You're gonna find this troubling. Stay tuned. Can you tell that story or not tell that story?
Speaker 1: Not today?
Speaker 3: So someday in the future, maybe that'd be a good one. That'd be a good one because everybody's run into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, never in doubt often wrong.
Speaker 5: Would the.
Speaker 2: Uh we have a tiny bit of breaking news.
Speaker 3: President Trump says he's directing Attorney General Bondi to investigate Bill Clinton's involvement with Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: So he's trying to turn the.
Speaker 3: Table here at the end of the week, after a full week of lefty in mainstream media going hard on Epstein, he thinks, Okay, I got to get out in front of this. Now he's going to have Bondy going after the Clinton connection. So it's not just him.
Speaker 1: Is Epstein the shark attacks of twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: I hope not, because that would mean something bad is going to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, yeah. If you don't recall, just before nine to eleven, there are all sorts of stupid news stories about shark attacks. It became a craze in the media.
Speaker 2: Is this going to become a craze? I do not know.
Speaker 3: Like if I had video, I don't have any video audio of my dad at all.
Speaker 2: I should get some.
Speaker 3: He's still with me perfectly fine, But if he passed away, I don't have any audio and video of my dad.
Speaker 2: I don't think, but if I did, I.
Speaker 3: Could have him recreated by AI and you can have you know, grandma talk to your kid, or maybe you're passed away, mom, give you some advice on having a baby.
Speaker 2: Here, here's a clip of that.
Speaker 3: He's getting bigger.
Speaker 2: See, oh my, that's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Kicking like crazy.
Speaker 4: He's listening.
Speaker 3: Put your hand on your tummy and hum to him.
Speaker 2: You still love to say, Hi, Grandma, Hey, Charlie, I was school today.
Speaker 3: It was really fun.
Speaker 1: Look it's going to be a great grandmother. Oh Charlie, congratulations. She says that he's been kicking a lot though.
Speaker 5: Tell her to put her hand on her tommy and hum to him.
Speaker 1: You loved that. You would have loved this moment.
Speaker 4: You can call anytime.
Speaker 2: I just so turned off by this.
Speaker 1: So the creepy, creepy, creepy both examples.
Speaker 3: So if I wanted my grandma to be involved in my kid's childhood, I'm gonna lead my little kids when they're too young to understand what's going on that they're talking to Grandma.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 1: Can Grandma come visit and not real.
Speaker 3: She's a busy that on the weekend of your birthday. We'll have her on the computer.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: And then and then do you get any actual comfort or like warm feelings about having an AI version of your grandma talk to you about your pregnancy in feigne emotion and pretend it's like delight that little Charlie.
Speaker 1: Whatever the hell little Charlie did he got an a in his math class, or throw a ball or I got lost there, but well the ball.
Speaker 2: That's wonderful, Charlie.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, hey, zombie granny, you don't have any emotions. You're a bunch of circuits.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm missing something here. I would not feel actual comfort. I think I would only get sadness out of this, But maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I tell you what. I figured it out listening to that, because you asked earlier. Who would want that? The sort of people who heard the music in that ad and weren't immediately aware, Oh, they're trying to manipulate me emotionally with his happy piano music. People who would miss that would would sign up for this stupid app. We got this email from John. I remember when my kids were watching the Harry Potter movies, there was a mirror that Harry could use to see his ns one of the head wizards. One of the head wizards, it was Dumbledore. You illiterate anyway, I kid, Dumbledore talk to him about how dangerous that was.
Speaker 2: You can get lost in that, you will literate.
Speaker 1: I was kidding. John's got a good sense of here already.
Speaker 3: Knows that's right. Harry talked to his dead parents, of course. That the idea was that they're like, it can actually, you know, think and converse and it's not just a made up computer voice and it's not completely phony.
Speaker 1: It was like, all right, magic, it was his magic. This is the magic of Ai God.
Speaker 3: Damn, I hope this is not the where we're headed. The people are going to do this. You know, when you're a little kid and you talk to grandma, and grandma's been dead for forty years, you weren't actually talking to Grandma.
Speaker 2: Sorry, ill idea Armstrong and Geddy In.
Speaker 3: An age of strange political stories, the John Fetterman's story is a damned interesting one, beginning to end. We mocked him when he was running for Senate in Pennsylvania endlessly as a guy who'd never accomplished anything in his life and seemed to be a socialist and had never had a real job and lived in his mom's basement and blah blah blah, blah blah, and the whole wearing shorts and a hoodie all the time and pretending to be working class when you've never had a job and.
Speaker 1: Went to Harvard, didn't he Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you wrote this story, nobody'd buy it. They'd think this'n it's too crazy.
Speaker 3: Then, doney, he has a stroke what while he's running for Senate kind of disappears for all, comes back. Remember, has that weird debate with doctor Oz where he locks up and makes no sense and everything like that, hands up winning, partially because he's running against doctor Oz. Then then he gets into the Senate, and particularly after October seventh, really showed himself to be an independent thinker, as being a solid supporter of Israel and anti Hamast despite where the direction his party was going, and lots of different things. He's a very independent thinking guy, and I regularly agree with him. He's got a memoir out New York Times, says John Fetterman's memoir is unlike any politicians book you've read. On a crowded shelf of memoirs by sitting politicians. John Fetterman's new book has to be one of the strangest you'll find, none of the genre's usual tropes.
Speaker 2: No can do optimism. That's why I.
Speaker 3: Never read these things. Ridiculous. Usually they're not written by the person and they're just never ending. Can do optimism, affability the evidence of a politician's instinct to gladhand for the next election. I mean, just you know, trying to work you for the next time they run. And they're just always so phony. It's like a campaign ad or whatever. But that's not what it is.
Speaker 2: In this one.
Speaker 3: It's not entirely clear from Unfettered whether Federman plans to ever run again for any election. And he talks about how he had been in depth about being hospitalized for a stroke for a few months before he beat doctor Oz, and how when he was elected to the US Senate he felt nothing. The next day he was in a daze of doom, staring at a bridge contemplating suicide. The day after being elected to the US Senate. I'm not actually read this. I find it really interesting. He doesn't show up for a lot of votes, so I don't know that you said earlier. You don't know why he hasn't resigned. Maybe he's just going to play out his term and then never run again. Well, I just need to support himself though, with some money from somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially after his heart stoppage. I would think he's either completely rededicated to being a senator and the time he has left, or he wants to quit to not you know, upset his ticker again. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: He is one of the Democrats who voted to reopen the government by a way, So I haven't heard any of this with Katie Kirk that we're about to play. He did went on her podcast and I heard some stuff about it. Sounded interesting. This is Fetterman talking to news legend.
Speaker 7: Katie Kirk, a father of young children, was shot in public because of his political views, and that's a tragedy and give people the space to grieve.
Speaker 5: Do you think that flags should have been flown at half staff? Do you think his body should have been flown on air force too? Do you think he should have posthumously given the Presidential Medal of Freedom. I think some people felt that that was perhaps over the top in terms of mourning someone like Charlie Kirk, How did you feel about that?
Speaker 7: I'd say that that was his choice and his prerogative, and that's that's where that's and that was that was really entirely up to him.
Speaker 5: Did you have any issues now in hindsight over some of the things that Charlie Kirk said and some of the rhetoric he used during his life.
Speaker 7: I didn't agree with with much of it. I didn't closely followed his specific kinds of views. That would never justify what's happened.
Speaker 1: What's the context of that question, Katie, What are you driving at?
Speaker 3: She's trying to get him to say bad things about Trump.
Speaker 2: That's what everybody does.
Speaker 3: Trump went too far and honoring Charlie Kirk, and then he dig deeper when they don't have a good answer. That that's the only thing you can get out of anything in politics. So to get you to say something good about Trump or bad about Trump, that was very annoying.
Speaker 1: Star follow up question the whole did they go too far in the tributes? Now, that's Trump's prerogative. What about Charlie Kirk's rhetoric? Do you have any issues with his rhetoric?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Sure, but what does that have to do with them getting shot in the neck.
Speaker 3: Back to the book, most of Unfettered is unrelentingly dour and mournful. Despite having parents who quote provided me with every comfort, Fetterman identifies strongly with blue collar workers who feel betrayed and forgotten.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 3: He recounts the many times he felt overwhelmed by shame and self loathing. I didn't deserve anything except loneliness and sadness and isolation. Who about themselves as an adult? I didn't deserve just the stroke that brought on the depression. Obviously, I didn't deserve anything except loneliness and sadness and isolation. In twenty twenty three, he spent six weeks at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center being treated for severe depression. Six weeks a month and a half is a long time to be in the hospital for depression. His memoir is dedicated to anyone with depression, which includes extended quotations from staffers and family members who implored him to obtain medical treatment and stick with it. His wife spends a lot of her time taking care to ensure that their three children don't blame themselves for their father's state.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's sad.
Speaker 3: His children covered Fetterman's hospital room with colorful post it notes reminding him how much he has loved.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's some powerful stuff there, My goodness. Yeah. The fabulous and wise Peggy Noonan touches on his book and kind of reviews it and points out that he doesn't mind talking about where he stands and why, isn't afraid of big issues, and is most animated when speaking of his non progressive views. And she goes into some detail on that and compares it and contrasts it with Kamala Harris's hilariously shallow book, which is hilariously shallow.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 3: The New York Times doesn't mention Kamala Harris, but they beat up Fetterman for not taking, you know, a stronger stand on certain issues and overlooking some issues he's been on the wrong side of, and that sort of thing. A guy just wrote a book about. He dedicates it to people with depression. His book is about being a guy who had a horrible depression and how it factors into his political life.
Speaker 2: You don't get that.
Speaker 3: He's not really interested in having to explain his views on this vote or that vote.
Speaker 2: Ah, find that interesting.
Speaker 3: Here's something they worth saying, I think. As he points out there, he says the big turnaround for him with his depression was doctors convincing him that, uh, how awful it would be for his kids and his family if he killed himself, and then all those post it notes his family put up. That's an interesting thing to know if you're ever dealing with somebody with depression the whole here's who you would affect and a reason to live actually had an effect on a guy's depressed as am. I've never been like that, Thank god, I can't imagine what that's like, but that actually pulled him out of it.
Speaker 2: The man, this would not be good for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's absolutely true. Yeah, I will just tell you that's absolutely true. Speaking of a healthy mind, A couple of thoughts, why don't we break semi on time? A couple of thoughts about AI and and it's effect on people's brains and just staying healthy in your head. I don't want to give any more away than that.
Speaker 2: Don't care. This is gonna be funny, deep, both.
Speaker 1: Both both deep and funny. The old DNF. That's what I bring to the table.
Speaker 2: Huh, that's next day here.
Speaker 1: Barmstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: This show created a bonding experience for like seventy thousand people all at once.
Speaker 5: There's something very special about that.
Speaker 3: My main goal is to give something to the fans that they didn't expect.
Speaker 2: That's good Travis Chelsey.
Speaker 1: He brings a lot of happiness.
Speaker 7: We basically have the same job.
Speaker 2: You got teen rage, I got.
Speaker 4: Teenage, You've got coach read, I've got my mom.
Speaker 2: So what is that?
Speaker 6: Michael Disney Plus December twelfth, the Taylor Swift docu series coming on your TV screen.
Speaker 3: Finally she's getting some attention. Well, if you're a Taylor Swift fan, you would love that. Just like if I saw Pete townshend was on Colbert the other night two nights ago and talking about a bunch of stuff with their new tour and everything like that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch that because I think Pete Townson, you like Taylor Swift. You're gonna watch that.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. She actually comes off as quite charming.
Speaker 3: I listened to Life as a Show a life of a show girl on the way to work today.
Speaker 2: That's how much I like.
Speaker 1: That nice teenage girl. Anyway, let's see where were we? So I came across a couple of tweets in a row that I thought were interesting. First was from Matt Walsh, with whom I agree a substantial amount of the time, but not always. But he writes AI is going to wipe out at least twenty five million jobs in the next five to ten years, probably many more. It will destroy every creative field. It will make it impossible to discern reality from fiction. It will absolutely obliterate what's left of the education system. Kids will go through twelve years of grade school and learn absolutely nothing. AI will do it all for them.
Speaker 3: Well, well, I don't understand why that would be, though. Why won't you learn anything because AI is teaching it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that to go around. I agree with all those other ones. I'm not sure I agree with that one.
Speaker 1: Although he does say we have already seen the last truly literate generation.
Speaker 3: I think, if anything, AI could make it so much easier to homeparent or create your own little school and have the AI teachers with the kind of curriculum you want. I don't understand why. Okay, I don't want to get off on that, but that other stuff they mentioned. I think all that's going to happen.
Speaker 1: The part about the last truly literate generation is right because video has replaced reading.
Speaker 3: People do not read anymore. That's just a fact. And it's horrifying. All of this is coming in fast. There's still time to prevent some of the worst outcomes, or at least put them off. But our leaders aren't doing a single thing about any of them. I'm not sure, Matt, there's anything they can do. None of them are taking it seriously.
Speaker 1: We're sleepwalking into a dystopia that any rational person can see from miles away. It drives me nuts. Are we really just going to lie down let Ai take everything from us? Is that the plan?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: I yes, there is zero that can be done about it. I had this conversation with a smart person just the other night. It's a well, we could either do it and lead the way or let China lead the way.
Speaker 2: Which do you think is going to be better? But it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: And then I actually became aware of this because I saw another tweet Michael Knowles joking well, it's an actual groc search that he posted. Hey Groc, will you let me keep my job if I agree to stop at Waltz from talking smack about you.
Speaker 2: I talked about this a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: It's fascinating a thing, a book or a podcast that I was into literacy as a thing reading books has only lasted and it's ending now. Only lasted about three hundred years most people were illiterate. People regularly reading books didn't happen until the seventeen hundreds, and now it's gonna go away. So it had about a three hundred year lifespan for all of human history of people reading a blip.
Speaker 1: How interesting. And then this from another one of my great favorite thinkers, Greg Lukianoff, who posts a quote from Friedrich Nietzsche. He says Nietzsche isn't usually my guy. Too many teenage would be Uber mentioned, obermentioned, but on walking he nailed it. The quote is only thoughts that come by walking have any value. And he was actually commenting on a tweet by someone else who says a ludicrous number of the greatest thinkers in human history cited long walks as the blueprint for developing a healthy and powerful mind. But yeah, don't worry, you're different.
Speaker 2: What was that first one from Nietzsche.
Speaker 1: Only thoughts that come by walking have any value.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is really good.
Speaker 1: But I was thinking, you know, Dylan O'Sullivan had that second quote, and I was thinking, Yeah, of all the great thinkers I've admired who have said I have my greatest thoughts when I take a long walk, and not a long walk while they're listening to perhaps our podcast or scrolling through or whatever, just walking.
Speaker 3: I wonder if a long drive would work too. Most of these people said this before cars were a thing. I do some great thinking if I'm driving and if I leave the radio off or whatever.
Speaker 1: Highway, this is not a good segment for beefing up our business. But no, yeah, yeah, I've got to take more long walks.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I actually really like it. My role in the morning is uh, no inputs in the morning walk.
Speaker 3: The problem is I think that's absolutely true, and we should probably all do more of that.
Speaker 2: But man, a walk with a really good podcast. It's fantastic. It is so great.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite things in life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just a question of balance, I think probably, like so many.
Speaker 3: Things my kids, I just cannot get him into reading currently, Henry's reading the original Jurassic Park book, Oh, Michael Crichton, one of the best selling books of all time. Yeah, he's reading it for school. I mean, he's being forced to read, and I'm hoping it'll catch on. His brother can't imagine anything worse than reading. I'll always say, if I could do anything today, I would read all day long, read and play the piano all day long.
Speaker 2: And they had kill myself if I had to do.
Speaker 1: But well, there's a contrast, I know. Yeah, you know, uh, maybe you could get them that zombie Granny app and have like your dad's dad encouraging your kids to read. Wouldn't that be great? No, it'd be creepy and sick, be weird. Yeah, yeah, so true. Anyway, unplugged down again, folks. Good for your mind, good for your soul.
Speaker 3: My brother made to MAYI videos of like my dad dancing around that are hilarious, and I said, have you shown these teams? He said, no, I'm not gonna let him see you.
Speaker 2: Why not it's I don't know why. I don't know why, because I thought he would like it.
Speaker 3: But it is weird to see to see somebody, you know, doing something They never have done or would do.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you gotta do that.
Speaker 3: Go on grock or whatever the imagined thing you can click on. It's free and it takes just a couple of seconds. But you can make people do all kinds of stuff that they would never do. And it's hilarious the way it messages with your brain. Yeah, yeah, did I tell you that I did mess with that?
Speaker 1: Would? Judy and I have this still picture of us in a punt which is like a fat gondola in Britain, or took a punt ride down the river and I just told it, have all jump in water, and it had a video of us there in Cambridge on the punt and the two of us in the gondolier the punter all jumped into the water in this video look perfectly realistic.
Speaker 3: A buddy of mine has got cancer and he's going through some pretty hard treatment and I sent a video and he sent a picture of him standing in front of the hospital and I said, you look pretty good to me and him jumping up and doing a handstand, which he thought was pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Wow, hey kids, it's that time again.
Speaker 2: With Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 3: I used to tell you mess with that if you haven't hit something. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show for the day. In the week. There he is Michael Angelo in the control room, national treasure. Michael, what's your final thought?
Speaker 3: All Right?
Speaker 6: I got an idea that new two way app. I'm not going to use it for decease ones, but for dead celebrities. So I was gonna do an AI, Bob Saggat or Norm McDonald and become friends with them.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: Cool, not at all disturbing. That's a good idea, Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman. As a final thought case, I.
Speaker 3: Have written on my paper AI nor McDonald Really, Michael Angela, Yeah, we're on the exact same page.
Speaker 2: I see exactly what I would do.
Speaker 1: Wow, that weird synchronicity or jack final thoughtfully stupid selfish punt dum Yeah.
Speaker 3: I uh. I went out to dinner with my kids last night, kind of on the idea of like you know, old school, no II phones put away and everything like that. We just sat there waiting for our food, talking, eating, hanging around.
Speaker 2: God dang it, there's nothing better than that. That's what you need. Those are the inputs you need.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's life. Real people don't forget. My final thought is crass commercialism. The ruin the entire country knew some twenty twenty eight T shirt is really taking off. People are loving it. We're working on some bumper stickers for you. Oh here's gotta be Gavy's campaign slogan. Your final thought was make yourself a little richer. We don't see that money.
Speaker 2: We don't know who gets it. The staff they do. Yeah, you are You knew you wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: I handle the money and I've been robbing you blind for years.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty Wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: Jack thinks he makes nineteen bucks an hour. Still so many people to thank, so little time. Go to Armstrong A getdy dot com. So many good clicks the Angie Superstore. Order now so you can get the stuff in time for Christmas. Plus drop us a note if there's something we ought to be talking about you see over the weekend mail bag at Armstrong a geddy dot com.
Speaker 3: No doubt, but we don't believe in silent letters. We will see you on Monday, God bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 5: The show is over, but ever go with.
Speaker 1: Our website is open twenty four hour. Where's a Day Popcast T shirt? And Katie's blonde Armstrong and.
Speaker 5: Geddy Dot
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty