Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to Bechler Happy Hour. I'm Joe and I and we are here with Sam Pee from Bachelor Paradise. Sam, Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: Are you good that we're excited to have you?
Speaker 2: You are.
Speaker 1: I'll just let you and Serena get into it because we have two Canadians on this podcast.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I am a bad Canadian girl and I didn't watch Bachelor in Paradise Canada.
Speaker 3: So where in Canada are you from?
Speaker 2: So? I am from Saint John's, Newfoundland, Okay, Easterly Point actually North America, and I actually live on a rock. You cannot get here unless you fly or get a boat here.
Speaker 3: Your accent isn't that strong?
Speaker 2: No? I know every single time I meet people that are not from New Zealand or like, where's your accent? I honestly wish I had more of it.
Speaker 3: Well, because some people from Newfoundland do have such a strong accent. You have a little bit, but it's like not that bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, It's like when I do hard and power, it's like why yeah, yeah, that's like literally the only like East Coast accent that.
Speaker 1: I have, and what's life like? What is life like living on a rock? Also, have you guys seen the you've watched Peaky Blinders. Have you ever seen Peaky Blinders?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the last season. Isn't he in Newfoundland in the last season.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch the last I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, okay, but yeah, what's life like on around?
Speaker 2: Okay? I'll try and describe it as best I can. It's like we have a lot of like what's called jellybean row So it's all these like row houses that are like beautiful colors and all these like tiny winding streets, and it has a very European feel. So it's almost like you feel like you're you're somewhere in Europe when you come here. And we have such a large culture of food and music. There's so much talent here, and everybody is connected in some weird way. So it's just there's five hundred thousand of us in total in this general general area where I am, like the city, there's about one hundred and fifty thousand. Every time I get down with these numbers, someone comes for me. But it's very close knit. It's very small, you know, It's like help your neighbor type thing, but everywhere. So it's so close knit and so fun, and the night life is so lively. It's just such such a unique, a unique place. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah anytime.
Speaker 4: I haven't been to these states of Canada, but I have a few friends that have like road tripped it, and they always describe it as like it's so vibrant, but it still feels like a small town. But it's like there's such amazing energy and it's like so scenic and apparently the real estate is like really cheap and Halifax, yeah, and on these cos So I really want to go, but I have friends that will send me houses, being like we should just all pick up up and moved to the east coast of Canada.
Speaker 1: Well, if we drove there from Canada or from Toronto, how long would that take?
Speaker 3: Like a day or two?
Speaker 2: It's like maybe, like this is gonna be.
Speaker 4: Bad, depends where five days, four days, maybe back maybe to Newfoundland.
Speaker 3: Wow, because it's a little higher. Maybe you're talking to two people who don't know geography. Right now, I.
Speaker 1: Think by Land, Canada is the largest country in the world.
Speaker 3: We're up there, We're up there. Wait, Toronto to Newfinland, driving.
Speaker 1: Distance five days seems excessive, but I mean you could be right. Okay, so as it schooling in this, let's talk.
Speaker 4: Okay, So it's a thirty hour drive from Toronto to Newfoundland. So you could do it in five days. No one's gonna do it two to three days, two days.
Speaker 1: So Sam, let's talk about little bit about your experience on Bachelor in Paradise, Canada for our listeners who may not have watched, Like, I just kind of like your storyline and what really went down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did you get on? And like give us the spark notes of your time there.
Speaker 1: So I.
Speaker 2: Got like a I got a call and you know, someone said do you want to do this? And I've been like, where have you been? I have been waiting for this phone call? What have taken you so long?
Speaker 3: They happy at your number?
Speaker 2: Did you apply through the gram? Through the girl?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: And then another another show that I was on before that one I think kind of put me on the map.
Speaker 1: What show is that I was on?
Speaker 2: Big Brother?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got that.
Speaker 3: I've watched a few seasons. It's actually like very good.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So how long did you last in that show, so.
Speaker 2: I was first injurance. So I lasted forty one days, and you know, I want an a to aage. I want to POV. I got the Showman, so I was on Slot for two weeks. I did it all. I had the whole Big Brother experience and it was amazing. So I think from that it kind of put me on the map. And then I got the call for Bachelor in Paradise, Canada, and I was so excited. I didn't realize I was going to be first on the beach, not very first person, but at day one, which was so exciting. I got to meet so many incredible people before we get into the people my particular experience, and you know, I went there with an open mind and an open heart, and I fell for this guy, Cole, who was actually on Survivor. It was his first time in the Bachelor world. So we hit it off like day one and I ended up in a love triangle actually, which kind of just lasted the entire season. Some people would say I was the villain of the season. Some people would say I was the sweet part of the season. Some people would say I was the comedian of the season. So I was a well rounded contestant, let's just say that. And I learned a lot about myself and kind of like, you know, going for what I want and not being like one of two. And it was just such an amazing experience. And I think coming out of that wanting to be better and working on things, it was just the best part of it, to be honest.
Speaker 3: So did you end up with either of the guys?
Speaker 2: Well, obviously not well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, but I met like short, short term.
Speaker 4: Obviously I know you're not with any of them now, but yeah, how did it end for you?
Speaker 2: Actually, it was like kind of dramatic. You know. Cole had enough of the I think the dramatics of it all, and he left Paradise and I stuck around for a couple of days after actually because I met my now great friend Maryland. So I managed to find a best to you along the way and we left together. But you know, Cole was like, I can't do this, this is not the environment. I'm not ready, you know, I'm not in the mindset to like come here and fall in love. And we've chatted a little bit after and you know, he said, you know, I'm you know, I'm sorry. I couldn't give you what you really deserve. I wasn't really in that mindset in that environment to like go there. And I get that. I get that. I feel like sometimes you got to be really vulnerable on these shows, and if you're not willing to do that, it can be really challenging.
Speaker 1: So survivors never survive. The survivors never survived.
Speaker 3: Joe is big Brother or survivor. So No.
Speaker 2: The thing is is like Cole and I come from these competition shows where you're playing for money and you're trying to be strategic and like creating alliances, and it was hard, I think for Coal especially to switch that mindset to be like all right, I'm actually going to try and really be vulnerable here and Trent, you know, fall in love. So I think that was hard for me.
Speaker 1: You yeah, I think that that makes sense that that definitely checks out. Okay, So then how were you a shocked and be how did it happen to that you made the trajectory over to Bachelor in Paradise, United States?
Speaker 2: Well, once I watched the Canadian one, I was like, oh wow, this is like this was kind of enjoyable to watch, and I was like, I think I felt like I did a really great job and I didn't expect the call for us, but when I got it, I was like, yeah, if they were going to choose anyone from my season to go, yeah, it made sense to me. And I like, honestly, I could believe it and couldn't believe it was actually happening at the same time. So well, I was just like, again, a no brainer, like, let's like, let's do this. This one. I wasn't. I wasn't like, where have you been up? Why haven't you called me? One was like Okay, yeah, it makes sense, let's let's do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So on Bachelor Paradise Canada, we know that some of the contestants were from the US show, Like we had Chelsea Vaughn, we had Austin I think.
Speaker 3: Did Demi make an appearance?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, came kind of shake it up, you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, Connor the Catfire Connor the Cat was there. So we had a couple US contestants on your season. Did they give you any advice? Did you reach out to them get any advice on maybe what to expect you into the US season?
Speaker 2: No? No, And it's funny because I myself hadn't watched a lot of the Paradise UH seasons, so and there was only one before mine in can So I came out there and I didn't know really who anybody was, and maybe I should have kind of reached out for some advice, but I was so scared to talk about it to tell anybody, and the way that my season like ended, and then when it aired there was like some like like drama amongst the girls, so I didn't really know who I could trust and who I couldn't. So I was like, I've got to keep this kind of close to me, and I wanted everyone to kind of have that like, oh my god, she's on the US one instead of like kind of letting it trickle through my my Canadian cast, if that makes sense. So I kept my I kept pretty cards. I kept my cards really close, to be honest. And I think too going into these experiences without like a plan, like I understood how it worked, but I feel like going with like an open mind was probably going to be the best way for me to do it personally.
Speaker 3: That makes sense. So then, what are the biggest differences.
Speaker 4: From filming the Canadian one to filming the US one?
Speaker 2: It's so different.
Speaker 4: Really well, I know, so I know for the Canadian one, there's no like engagement, like if you wanted to get engaged, I'm sure they would like let you, but like it's more common that you leave just.
Speaker 3: In a relationship. But that's kind of the only difference I'm aware of it.
Speaker 4: I know they film in like Muskoka, which for people that don't know, are like the Lake House woodsy vibes of Canada versus like of each in Mexico.
Speaker 2: That's right, Okay, so the US very clique.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 4: So okay, So I guess that makes sense just because they pull people off of past seasons, so there's different friend groups already formed depending on what season of The Bachelor the Bachelor you were on, whereas like for Canada, you guys are not command not really knowing each other. It's like you're forming friendships as you go.
Speaker 1: Well, who who on this season? Currently? Who are the cliques right now?
Speaker 4: I feel like it's pretty evident, but I'm curious to hear what he said, so I.
Speaker 2: Still could be wrong. And again, when I came into this, it wasn't to leave with a bunch of girlfriends. I was, you know, I was there to like find love. Okay, so when I came in, it was like I'm the new girl on campus that nobody knows, and like, here's our friend group that we're so close, and we don't really have much interest in like bringing you in. I mean, it makes sense that a new girl is a threat to your dynamic on the beach, So in real life that happens, let alone in this particular situation. So like let's say Kat and Jess and Kylie and Mercedes, I would say they were like real tight, like real real tight. And then even when Davia came in, she like everyone knew her, and Jennevieve came in, everyone everyone knew her, and Rachel knows everyone, and everyone knows Rachel, and I had never heard of Rachel or any of these girls until I got on the beach. So it's immediately when I got there, I was like, Okay, I'm not even gonna try and put my energy there at all, because I'll just waste energy that I could be putting into getting know the men. So I didn't even really try to like knock down those walls. Now, as we go through things and we get to know each other a bit more, yes, there's like friendships that start forming there, but it wasn't immediate and it definitely like took some time to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like that's like we are seeing that.
Speaker 4: And it's interesting because we talked to Tanner and some seasons in the past you see like the guys grow out a lot and you're like okay, and the girls are like, come on, like we want to date you, Like what are you doing playing like mermaids in the pool? But Tanner was like this season, like the girls were really tight and there was like a yeahstrong girl group and I feel like, you know, Mercedes, Kylie, Jess and Kat are all from Zach season. I know Jen is from Zach season. And when you are on the Bachelor Batchet, you spend so much time with the other contestants, like way more than with the leads, So there's definitely a bond. But I don't know, I don't feel like, like so Joe and I were on season seven, I don't feel like we had that as much.
Speaker 3: But I also think we had a lot of different people from different seasons and very very strong relationships, so it was a lot more of hanging out with Like it was a lot more you looked around, it was like everyone was coupled up. Yeah, versus like seeing like the girls drinking mimosas and then.
Speaker 1: Like the guys were well in our season, our season. Our season also came off of the COVID break, so there was there was a lot of time in between that. Yeah, in between that. Yeah, But I do have a question just to touch on it right now, because when you do mention the click, Jess and Mercedes are in the same click. We do see last episode Jess and Tyler make out. Mercedes he's basically dating Tyler, and then that doesn't really get addressed, does it ever?
Speaker 4: Don't see like Mercedes and Tyler of a conversation Mercedes and Jess. We don't really see like that close out at all. Was there something that went down that we're not seeing?
Speaker 2: So again, at this point, I'm out of the loop. So yeah, where I saw that, I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, really, so you see so you seeing it on TV. It's kind of like the first time you knew about.
Speaker 2: It, Absolutely the first time I really saw it, So like I wasn't even in these conversations like at night when you're getting ready to go to bed or in the morning, where you're like were you here like the chit chat like that wasn't even in my realm. So like I have so interesting and I wish I wish I had known that. I wish I had known that. There's things I wish I had known. I wish I was in more so that I could. I just it's just that information could be powerful in like play a role. Definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you wanted to, like reality TV show it up a little bit, and if you had that information, you could have gotten your hands in.
Speaker 2: Any way anyway. Like if you that, I can do whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, So you you come down at a at a very.
Speaker 3: Like interesting and opportune time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean you come down Basically you come down during your row ceremony where guys need a rose to stay and basically by you coming down at that time, there's really not much much time for you to make a real connection. So you're basically just giving a roast to whoever you potentially have the best conversation with. But it you gave your rose to Pete and you guys still seem to be hanging out. So what is that relationship? Like what's the dynamic?
Speaker 4: Wait, but before we get into p you. It was like freaking time for the sharks to feed when you came down to the beach, Like what was that like? And like walk us through like talking all these guys, Like what was the vibe? How did you make that decision to go with Pete?
Speaker 2: It was definitely overwhelming, and I was like I was, I was nervous, but more excited and I just felt so much better that I had a rose. It put me like in a whole different mindset. So I was like, Okay, let's do this. Let's like try and get deep, like real quick. And I knew that there would probably be like a revolving door of guys that are just trying to like get a conversation in before the Row ceremony, so I was prepared for that. There was people that like like Sean and Aaron S that I talked to, and even Michael B that I talked to, and it was just like immediately no, like there wasn't like I was like, Okay, is there is someone else like anybody else?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh, Peter had number one the hype, which I liked.
Speaker 1: And he had the age not to cut you off, but you said Michael B. John B John b right, No, you're right, But isn't that.
Speaker 4: There's no okay because that show it really was real, like yeah, they just seemed like real, like little cute guys I like put.
Speaker 2: In my pocket and like and then Aaron s kind of had this like almost like this like I just got a jail at a jail vibe, but I was like, no, I don't really, I don't like that, and the other ones I could just put him in my pocket. And then there was Peter who seemed to, you know, conversate very well. He was seemed intelligent. He was thirty three at the time I was thirty four, So honestly, it was a no brainer. Yeah.
Speaker 4: With that, just like high far like checklists, most compatible, chemistry, most compatible, it sounds.
Speaker 2: Like definitely yeah.
Speaker 4: And honestly, like looking back at your platter of men like that, he is the one that if you asked me, like, take a guess who she's gonna to give the rest, I'd be like, he makes the most sense in my mind too, exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you choose, So you choose Pizza, what what is your relationship like now? Because for what for for I think the viewers and for what we see it there doesn't.
Speaker 4: There's yeah, like we do see it's like, is there a connection?
Speaker 3: Is it just friendship? Is it romantic? Like fill us in?
Speaker 2: So I think like at this stage of where Peter and I are, we're like we're both very interested in getting to know each other. We're not part of the drama at this point because we're kind of just like in on each other and nobody else wants me and nobody else wants him at this point, so we're like, all right, let's like let's just get to know each other. So a lot of the times, you know, we're not in the scenes. We're just like chilling in the pool, or we're like sharing a meal together, or like I love to ask questions, and we're just like getting to know each other. What I love about Peter is he like he'll like clear my dishes away, or he'll like give me a towel, or he'll like he was very like just very just polite and like just like an overall like good human being. So based off my previous experience, it was so nice to have this. It's so nice to have this relationship that doesn't feel like there's outside threats. Then it's just we can kind of like pack our time and get to know each other. So that's that's where we're at right now. It's just not dramatic, Okay.
Speaker 4: So it's just like slow and steady, like you're enjoying each other's company, getting to know each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then Peter's kind of in the same place you are. Well, I mean he was he was a night one person and I don't know if you saw like all the FP stuff, so it doesn't he doesn't have any friends on the beach, I'm assuming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I he kind of like filled me in on the FP thing and I was like, I was so confused. It took me a little bit of time for me to like wrap my head around that and be like what, yeah, I know, right, And yeah, so I really tried not to let that, you know, affect my my like experience, you know. If anything, it made me like look at some other people and be like, why you really liked it that, like you really kind of like went to that like level, Like to me, that just seems extremely childish. And all I see out of Peter is just like really a good, good human being that I don't think would ever heard of fly or if he misspoke. I think it was just black out a lack of like knowledge and fully knowing what he was talking about. And I, you know, I could be wrong. I really could be wrong, but I really feel like that was just like I'm kind of like a misunderstanding or like I don't even know. I really try not to focus too much on it. It was like a little weird story for him to tell me. And I was like almost like I felt like I wanted to protect him and and be like, no, Peter's good, don't do.
Speaker 1: That is Peter. Is Peter your type or do you have a type?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, so we could keep going He's not your type. I'm assuming was.
Speaker 4: There anyone that you were interested in meeting coming into Paradise? I?
Speaker 2: Uh so when obviously, when I knew that I was going on the beach, the actual beach, I was like, okay, I should probably like do a little bit of research and see who was on. Like I knew that the most previous seasons of certain you know, the shows, typically they'll pull people, they have people to come from, you know, But I like I didn't have time where the brain capacity or the attention spand like watch all the seasons. So I just decided to land on, hoping that Blake would be there because he's a Canadian. Plus I was following like some spoiler accounts that were like trying to hint at who was going to end up there, and I when I when I saw this guy Blake, I was like, oh, yeah, he has a kind face and actually is just so hot actually, and he's Canadian. So I was like, I want to I want to be Blake for sure, and I did. I did talk to him when I first got there, and not he wasn't he didn't give me anything. It was like to the point where I was like, Blake sucks, Like Blake stocks so bad because I was really trying to be playful and like just trying to like kind of break into him a little bit. And what I didn't realize is Blake is somebody that you have to get to know a little bit more before you really truly see how amazing Blake is because he's such a great person. But at first he doesn't like let you in right away. He's got a little bit of this, like especially when he's trying to work on this stuff with Jess. So like I think I was just like like He's like, I'm going to entertain you politely, but I'm not going to give you anything to make you think that like I'm going to pursue you, or that I'm an option for you whatsoever. So I was like, I was like whatever, And I ended up apologizing to himself, like, Blake, I was talking shit about you, and I realized that You're actually such a great dude, and I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 1: So Blake was also kind of someone on the beach, just you know, in his own head doing his own thing, opposed to like part of a clique, part of a group of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, what is your take on Blake and Jess's relationship?
Speaker 2: To go back on that when you say part of a clique, part of a group, No, he was just focused on Jess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like yeah, it was it was just yes, got it?
Speaker 1: And what's your Yeah, what what is your take on on their relationtionship at this point? Because now we do see them get back together?
Speaker 4: Yeahah, because we asked. We asked Tanner when he was on a few weeks ago. We did like kind of a run through of the relationships with Tanner as well. And his take at that point was like it seemed kind of surface level. It just seemed like, you know, they sit together their boyfriend and girlfriend, but like there's not a lot going on there. But he's obviously like I'm an outsider looking in, you know, I don't know their private conversations. Now a lot has happened in the last two weeks with Blake and Jess. He went on that date. We see them kind of back together. When you're on the beach, you're kind of like looking at what's going on there.
Speaker 3: What's your take?
Speaker 2: I My take is like on board with it first of all, which which is fine. I think the most healthy relationships are actually kind of boring at times. I do. I don't think they should be Phillip chaos and drama. I think the best relationships can be a little bit boring, Okay, And maybe that's just their personalities that I was like, Okay. I feel like Jess came in with this idea that she really wanted to do paradise the way that most people do paradise, which is like day a round, and I think she was she met Blake and maybe didn't necessarily expect Blake to be so into her, and it made it harder for her to like pull away and want to do Paradise, even if that meant coming back to Blake, which is you know what we see. So I think she just didn't expect that Paradise experience for herself, and I think Blake kind of went in knowing what he wanted and so they were playing. They just had different expectations of what their experience was going to be, and I think that's what's kind of pulled them apart and now, you know, circling back around. I think Jess, I mean, Jess is like I think Blake is in his thirties. I think Jess is still a little young. So I think maybe that you know, the age thing could be like, you know, Blake might be like, let's you know, I'm ready to like find my person sell down and just maybe like I'm still I'm here to date. No. So I think ultimately that's what it comes down to for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think that. I think that reads. I think that makes makes sense. What what are your thoughts on the because we've been pretty opinionated on the whole Cat John Henry and Olivia situation and where we're at now we see John Henry choose this Cat, and when I say opinionated, I'm more like these past few episodes, it has seemed like Olivia is like John is basically saying John Henry like is being manipulated by Cat and can't make a decision. But it kind of seems like John Henry's into Cat. So I don't know, just like what are your thoughts on it all?
Speaker 2: So I I love Olivia and I love Cat, and it's actually it took me a little bit of time to like get to know both of them. But by the end of like those are like they're like a cough for me. I actually love that Cat went for what she wanted. I'm watching that being like go girl like almost like I wish I had the balls to like do that. And I think it's John Henry's nature to be laid back and that he needed someone like Kat to come in and be like, I like you, I want to pursue this. So I'm letting you know if there's any bit of something there, like let's let's go in that direction. And I think I don't think he's being like manipulated at all. I think there was some attraction there to Kat on his end, and now he's just getting the green light to like move in that direction. I think it's I think it's good. I'm I'm I support it.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I agree with you.
Speaker 4: I think he needs he is so laid back. He needs someone like a cat. Yeah, passive almost. That's like she is taking charge of that relationship and like he's not like an innocent vice stand or he's like okay, yeah, like I'm down for this too. But she's like this is what's happening, and he's like, Okay, let's do it. And she needs someone that's chill, like it's a good balance.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But did he did he like Olivia? Because it did seem it also did seem like he was into Olivia.
Speaker 2: It did. I came in and like I didn't really see. I couldn't. I couldn't see like I can see when I'm there. I'm like I can see a cat and John Henry and like it makes sense to me. I just didn't see the dynamic between Olivia and John Henry for me just didn't work. Like it just didn't didn't for me, just didn't like make sense from a relationship standpoint. Whenever I would like see them as like, to me, it's like a friend. Buy Yeah, But I think he I think he was definitely like attracted to her, and she's amazing and funny and such a great person. I just think that. I just think Kat's more is tight, okay when it comes down to that. And I don't know if he even knew Kat was an option until she literally presented herself and was like here here I am so I adore Olivia and I feel for her going through this because I was in that situation. I was in that situation in Canada where I, you know, I thought I had something that was going well and then seeing someone come in and try and break it down, it's such a crappy feeling and I don't I don't want anyone to feel like that. I mean, but it's paradise, and you.
Speaker 1: Know that's what would be What would be your advice is so you were you're saying you were basically Olivia in the Canadian situation, correct, what would be your advice to her?
Speaker 2: Throw out the trash, literally tie it up and throw it away. Just be like, I'm not I'm not going to be like a maybe it's like a fes or it's a no. So it's like, just gone even if even if that means you're not getting rose and you're going home, so be it. Let it go. Yeah, I like them. I love that. Let them like, let them.
Speaker 3: Like if he wants to go Datecat, like, just let him go down.
Speaker 2: Let them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I like that too. Were you surprised and when Brayden gave his rose to Olivia and she ends up saying because that was a crazy rose ceremony because we didn't know where Tanner's rose was going and we didn't know where Braden's rose was going.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I'm like, damn, like I gotta get in with the girls because I am out of the loop, like what is happening? And so I was just I think, like, I hope they should. I hope they see more of this. But my face was like this, I was completely shocked, Like what.
Speaker 1: That's kind of fun though, it's kind of fun to be in.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, so that you know that, the episode basically it's left on a cliffhanger. Michael walks down and he he you're one of the girls that he pulls. What are you interested in? Potentially going on a date if you Pete had this cover any conversation about like exclusivity or anything like that.
Speaker 2: So we hadn't We haven't had the exclusivity talk. But I told Michael that I would go on the date. And I don't think Peter loved that.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what did he? Do you think he knew? Like, do you think he did? You think? Are you guys on the same page.
Speaker 2: I feel like we had the conversation where I'm like, yeah, if you get off on a date, you should totally go because we want to have the full Paradise experience. You know, How do you just say that even if you don't mean it? But I'm pretty sure sure I said. I think I told him. This is terrible. I'm sorry I told him that I would go on the date. What's happening right now is I remember having I remember like backpedaling a bit. I remember being like, that wasn't smart. The guys have roses. I just said I'd go on a date with somebody else, and I think I remember being like, I shouldn't have done that because I don't think he liked that answer.
Speaker 4: Mmm, okay, so this is probably the first time like you're moving from everything's just casual get to know each other's zone with Peter to like you're moving into that zone of.
Speaker 3: Like where is this going? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: I kind of wanted to like maybe test that dynamic and be like, yeah, I'm gonna go on a date and be like you do with that, and then when it's like not okay about it, I'm like, I'm just kidding. I wouldn't go yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well now I'm trying to fill you out. I'm actually curious. I don't know if you go on this date. I want. I want to know because that's why it's really between her and Olivia, because the other two seem to be in more serious relationships, except for Mercedes because.
Speaker 3: Who knows what kind of Mercedes.
Speaker 1: But the whole beach really wants Olivia to get this date. So yeah, I'm curious. I'm curious to see what happens.
Speaker 4: Okay, while we're chatting about all the other couples, I'm loving doing the couple rundown with you, Sam. The one couple that I feel like we have the hardest time figuring out in this last episode what's going on with them is Eliza and Aaron B. We see Kat tells e Liza about his ex girlfriend drama they have the conbo charity comes down, like so much unfold and then Aaron B Is like all in on Eliza and she's like, we'll.
Speaker 2: See yeah, so yeah again. That was like the meme where it's like the mathic vision.
Speaker 4: Or like or bored, I don't know what like, or you're like trying to put all the pieces together.
Speaker 2: So I didn't pick up on that. I got that from Aaron B. Because Aaron B and I would be up early in the morning and I'd be like, you know, hang, what's up, and he's like not feeling good, not feeling great, and like I kind of had to get filled in and like, honestly, for me, like ex girlfriends are ex girlfriends for a reason, and I understand that maybe he's fumbling on the words trying to explain the situation because he probably didn't really feel like any of that was going to happen. I don't ever want to hear about your ex girlfriend. I don't care about your ex girlfriend until there's a problem, you know what I mean. And so for me, it was like, come on, guys, you guys got something great here, like let's like focus on that, like, let's just move forward to me. It screams more when you're looking for some way out and you're like, you know, that's it. I'm like, I'm like changing my whole mindset around this situation.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna Okay, so I'm gonna stop you there, because that's how that is how I'm reading the situation. I feel like almost it almost is starting to seem like Eliza's not is into into him and wants a way out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Joe's like, I feel like she's considering she wants to use this piece of information, this little bit of drama, as her way out of the relationship.
Speaker 2: That's the same way that I feel to Ben. Okay, yeah I do, And like I think too, when you're presented the information from like someone that you don't know, and it's in this world where you're like everyone's gonna think I'm an idiot, But what really matters is the relationship that you have and the person that you are presented. Right, So, I think it's hard to see it really for what it is, and that if you don't push through that, then most likely it is an.
Speaker 3: Out and right, right, yeah, and you know, we do see Aaron B.
Speaker 4: Like I don't he did the best job of explaining himself necessarily, but I don't think he's necessarily like insanely guilty of anything here. And he clearly is fighting for the relationship like that, he's trying really hard. He's sending her breakfast, he's like reassuring her.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he wants he does.
Speaker 2: He's a man on the beach. He's putting in the most work to show her that he cares.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say, okay, So who would you say as a stronger couple then Aaron and Eliza or Avan and Kylie. Just from like the outside of perspective at this point.
Speaker 2: Okay, every couple needs to go through adversity. There has to be a challenge to get through so that you're like stronger. So I would probably say Eliza and Aaron B right now, because Kylie and Avan have just had like no like everything's just been kind of chill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I just feel like.
Speaker 2: They're pretty close, like even and Kylie, like there's no drama, there's no nothing, So maybe yeah, there's a little bit more strength there. Who knows what's going to happen if they go through adversity. So I do think that you've got to go through something to get stronger. So I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Speaker 1: You want to play a game with us?
Speaker 2: I would love to playing game.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's play a game. Anyone, any anything else you want to say though, anyone you want to talk about, or anything anything you feel is left unset.
Speaker 3: Any drama you want to let out?
Speaker 2: More sam screen time, like come on, like, let's just like hump it up, even if it's just like gibbers, put me on the screen, put me, let's go, let's go. That's it.
Speaker 1: Love it all right?
Speaker 3: Should we do it? Rapid fire questions? All right, so first thing it comes to your mind? Rapid fire?
Speaker 4: Nothing, just all fun, easy questions. Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert?
Speaker 2: Extrovert?
Speaker 3: What is your go to paradise cocktail?
Speaker 2: I was drinking blachistotal lines.
Speaker 3: Mmmmm those always end up kind of watered down in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're right, a.
Speaker 4: Little more soda in line than his vodka. What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh g you war him?
Speaker 3: What is your dating deal breaker?
Speaker 2: Rude, rude, rude people.
Speaker 3: M If you could go on any other reality show, what would it be?
Speaker 2: Dancing with the Stars?
Speaker 3: Same?
Speaker 2: Is that a reality show?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a reality show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What is your love language?
Speaker 2: Words of affirmation? Oh?
Speaker 4: Did Peter give you words of affirmation? He sounds like an active service guy the way you described him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, yeah when when I needed it he did at times. Yeah.
Speaker 3: What was the first concert you ever attended?
Speaker 2: Adele?
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first good concert.
Speaker 3: No that you can't just pick the best one.
Speaker 2: Okay, first concert like some forty one? Maybe.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: That's a good first concert of What is your favorite dessert?
Speaker 2: Uh? Cule.
Speaker 3: What is the most important item to pack for paradise?
Speaker 2: The most important item to pack for paradise myself? Tennor?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm dad. What is one thing that makes Canada better than the US? Just one?
Speaker 2: Jeez? All of our personalities compared to you. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow does dig at the people? All right?
Speaker 2: Sam?
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 2: So much.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it, and thank you everyone for tuning in and remember all new episodes of VIP or every Thursday and ABC at nine to eighth Central following The Golden Bachelor. You can tream both shows the next day on Hulu.
Speaker 3: And make sure you tune into new episodes a Boucher Happy Hour every week. We're gonna have some great.
Speaker 4: Guests on and all kinds of exclusive interviews coming up, so don't forget to subscribe.
Speaker 1: Thanks again, and see you guys next time. Bye.
Speaker 2: Right,