Speaker 1: A little special tree.
Speaker 2: Every weekend on Saturdays, we do those back to back classics for you. Thank you for finding the Second Date podcast. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, and we still love to highlight your comments.
Speaker 1: I got a big list of them. I feel I do you do? That was correct?
Speaker 3: Justice, I really When Alexis says she reads everything you write, she does, I really do? And then comment I might read it three months from you when you write it, but I'll read it.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: But I saw one from Irene who said, Okay, it finally happened.
Speaker 1: After a year of relentlessly listening to your Second.
Speaker 3: Date updates, I finally finished them all and the conclusion is I'll never date again. Oh, thank you guys for bringing me closer to my cat. Yeah, become a Spanish living in Germany. Thank you for bringing me closer to my cat. That's the best tagline ever.
Speaker 5: I love it. Well.
Speaker 2: Not to spoil your fun, but you do have a chance to go over to our full shows now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a brand new full hour for you every day you can listen with you there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well your life all right, you're back to back class start right now?
Speaker 6: What if you're on a dinner date.
Speaker 7: You're sat down at your table, okay, and right before you order, the other person makes a very odd request. For example, do you mind if I FaceTime my mom with you because her calming voice just helps me chew my food slower.
Speaker 1: No, she's gonna stay on the phone even see.
Speaker 6: That'd be strange. But do you just go with it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: She was really nervous.
Speaker 2: Baby well.
Speaker 7: On our listeners, one of our listeners says his date asked him to do something unusual shortly after they sat down to dinner. We're going to see if it had any effect on why he's not getting a call back when we do your second Date update right after.
Speaker 5: This, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 7: There's certain professions out there that are just considered sexy.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: Like who's not swiping right on a hot firefight either right, that's that's me, okay?
Speaker 6: Or something I thought you were going to say.
Speaker 7: No, ory me down with the ho that's more like that.
Speaker 6: That's what Alex is doing, but she turned her Michael exactly.
Speaker 7: Or a hunky doctor, yeah that's the classic, or a sultry child and family therapist.
Speaker 1: I haven't. Yeah, tell you my problem.
Speaker 7: Tell me how my childhood upbringing turn me bed?
Speaker 8: Did you just say abandonment issues?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah. And one of our listeners apparently couldn't resist the lure of a smoke show in a sexy uniform, so let's talk to him about it.
Speaker 6: His name is Nick.
Speaker 9: Nick.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 10: I'm going to know.
Speaker 1: I am so curious about the profession here.
Speaker 7: It's just like a milkman. Yeah, well, who's this person that she met and what do they do?
Speaker 9: Her name is Becca and she's a cop.
Speaker 1: Oh, she is a.
Speaker 6: Lady cop.
Speaker 7: He cuff me?
Speaker 1: Or lady cops are sexy.
Speaker 2: They like, you know, their waist always looks so cinched, like it's good.
Speaker 6: Cuffs, ready to go at the moment.
Speaker 1: Honestly, just the power that they have.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, they're always like license and registration and I'm like five ft ten in single.
Speaker 7: I'm sure we're all telling you stuff you already know, right, Nick, Exactly did you.
Speaker 1: Meet her while getting arrested or no?
Speaker 9: We met on the apps?
Speaker 1: Oh you did?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, if you're a cop, do you share that on the app?
Speaker 7: Or is that a no, No, that was her picture.
Speaker 9: Okay, of course I made a dumb joke. I said, are you a real copper or stripper?
Speaker 7: Oh? Got a ring?
Speaker 1: Did she like that?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 9: She was like, ha ha, You're only the tenth person to stay that. Yeah. I guess that one's a pretty basic joke.
Speaker 6: So you're already start with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she responded, isn't that just half the battle dating apps?
Speaker 1: How'd you turn it around?
Speaker 9: She did have other pictures on there, and there was a picture of her having a cup of coffee at a cafe, and so I was like, oh, you like coffee.
Speaker 1: I thought for sure you were going to make a donut joke at that.
Speaker 9: I don't think of this opportunity that would have been.
Speaker 7: No, no, you already took a jab your bro. What did you do with the coffee?
Speaker 9: I just was like, oh, yeah, you know, are you a coffee fan? And she basically got super fired up and was.
Speaker 11: Like, you know, and then you asked her what's your drink?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 9: Like, that's what you have to ask I did, And then she started going off about how she had gone recently to her favorite coffee shop and they got our coffee order wrong. And she wasn't mad about it, but she was just mentioning. And I was like, oh, I'll put a bad Yelp review on their site for you.
Speaker 1: And this is a cute connection.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: So this is all the chat leading.
Speaker 9: Up to the date, all the chat leading up to the date. And so I recovered and I was like, well, let's hang out, let's go out to dinner.
Speaker 7: Nice.
Speaker 2: How was that where'd you guys? I mean, was it fancy or was it more casual?
Speaker 6: Was it coffee?
Speaker 9: No, it wasn't coffee. It was I would say it was you know, mid I didn't want to go like but I also did want to go like high pressure, super expensive. So it's got to a place that felt comfortable. Great conversation. We talked a little bit about her working in law enforcement.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what is it like to go on a date with a real cop?
Speaker 9: You know, she didn't come into uniform. It was pretty chill.
Speaker 1: Uh didn't come Did you expect her at any point?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 9: I don't know. You know, some people get off of work and then they had just come directly. No, I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 7: I gets okay, it would feel like a very powerful move though to sit in a booth right next to a cop, and.
Speaker 1: I would think that somebody was with their parole officer.
Speaker 7: Even then you cough as a bad boy at that point to everybody in the restaurant.
Speaker 11: So was she cool though, because like, you're on a date with a cop, I would.
Speaker 1: Be nervous time.
Speaker 7: Did you only have one drink?
Speaker 1: Can you mention are expired?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 1: And get you that?
Speaker 6: How did it go?
Speaker 9: That was on my mind. I was like, I can't tell any stories about my bad boy early days all that sort of stuff. But there was one point, you know, we didn't really stick to her working law enforcement too long, but there was one point where she was like, hey, do you mind if we could switch seats so I can like face the door.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah. People liked it.
Speaker 2: Are in law enforce, like they always want to seize in case they can never be caught by surprise.
Speaker 1: That's what happens in the movies.
Speaker 7: That's smart though, or it's a good excuse for her to be like, when I need to escape from this stage, I know exactly where I need.
Speaker 6: To run down.
Speaker 7: I mean, either way, yeah, so did you switch?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I was down with making that happen. So we did. You know, she's a really smart person. We had really good conversation about lots of topics. I don't know why at this point she's not texting me back.
Speaker 7: Wow did end?
Speaker 9: It ended with like a really nice hug, Let's do this again. I didn't go in for the kiss because it didn't feel like we were quite there, but there was definitely some chemistry. And when I said let's do this again, there was no hesitation, no let me think about it, let's look at my schedule, none of that stuff. I can tell the brush off and like an actual let's do this again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you should have asked if you could hit the siren in her cop car and driven around the block real quick, acause one's ever stick.
Speaker 1: No one's ever asked that before. I mean, who knows.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's on an undercover mission and that's why she hasn't gotten back to you because she's not allowed.
Speaker 7: So wait, nick, question, is she the one who suggested that you go have dinner at that particular restaurant?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, and she had to watch the door jet?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I throw a couple of options when we were chatting, and she selected that one.
Speaker 7: Oh, was it in like a really shady part of town for no reason whatsoever, a.
Speaker 1: Really nice part of town. Maybe it's a white collar crime like embezzlement or something.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, we might actually help solve a crime by doing this second data.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 7: Well. Yeah, and you know how most cops are when you get them on the phone, they tell you everything. Oh yeah, they're like an open book.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I've ever had that long of a conversation.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, this is going to be a first in a lot of different ways for us.
Speaker 1: Now they don't run a background check on the show. Oh yeah with the cop.
Speaker 2: I've never gotten out of a ticket.
Speaker 7: This is going to be interesting when we come back, call Becca and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 7: Normally our show is getting cops called on us. Yeah that's true, But today we're the ones calling up a.
Speaker 1: Cop that's rights after, not to report.
Speaker 7: An emergency, but to get answers for our friend Nick, who went out with a law enforcement officer named Becca the other night.
Speaker 11: Should we just all nine one one and ask Rebecca?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's how it works.
Speaker 7: We actually have Becca's cell phone numbers, so it's probably easier to do that. The thing is, Nick's not getting a call back after their romantic dinner. Is there a reason for it? Or was the whole dinner affront for a sting operation that she was running to bring down an Italian mob boss?
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, that sounds like he's making a joke.
Speaker 2: But she sat facing the door, she picked the restaurant, and now she's not calling him back as.
Speaker 7: Nick, did you realize when you reached out to us for help that this is where the call was going to go?
Speaker 9: I like your imagination. I don't know if that's the case. I just she's cute, she's smart, she's a great woman.
Speaker 6: At least that's what she wants you to think.
Speaker 11: Yeah, dude, sounds like she has a hit out on her. Her back was facing. She knows that there's a hit man out.
Speaker 7: There looking for It's possible, or maybe there's a simple reason and you messed up in some way. Let's figure it out. I'm gonna diary number both.
Speaker 1: They're going to be great options.
Speaker 7: We are here for the tea, so let's do it. I'm dialing it right now. Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Becca speaking Hey, Becca, how you doing out your officer.
Speaker 1: I'm honestly kind of nervous.
Speaker 7: I don't know if we should really mention that.
Speaker 9: It was a little late.
Speaker 7: We're brooking Jeffery in the morning, and you probably heard my co host say officer Becca, because we heard that you're a cop. And I just want to ask you upfront. Is it okay for us to mention your profession.
Speaker 6: On the radio.
Speaker 4: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 6: We're allowed to say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, she put it on her dating profile, he.
Speaker 7: Said, put it on the radio. I mean that's a different thing, you know, a worse.
Speaker 2: Lazier than a dating Definitely, people probably see your profile.
Speaker 7: But we're bottom line is we wanted to talk to you about a date you went on recently with a guy named Nick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that sign was not good.
Speaker 7: So Nick reached out to us because he said he really enjoyed spending time with you that night, and he's curious if there's a reason why you're not calling him back and arranging a second meet up.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'd say he's clueless, like he really expected to see you again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so obviously, I I work in law enforcement. I've been on the forest for some time now, so I'm gonna always look up who I'm going on a date with or who I'm spending time with.
Speaker 2: Don't you wish you had that type of access election?
Speaker 1: I know, I only have my reverse Google image search.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, but like I did this on my own time. I don't use like police scanners. I hired someone myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're just doing your own normal just you're probably better at it than us.
Speaker 6: You got more resources than the average person.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I found something that I thought he would be more forthcoming with some and when he wasn't, I it turned me off.
Speaker 9: I have no more interest.
Speaker 1: Are you saying he lied to you on the date?
Speaker 4: He did kind of abstain from the truth. He wasn't forthcoming with information, which I feel.
Speaker 9: Is a lie. Yeah, when you're.
Speaker 11: Dating a cop, you have to be honest.
Speaker 7: If it's about well, can I ask it?
Speaker 11: Was it like a criminal thing?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 11: That's the only thing you looked up, right.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's appropriate for the radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, wanted If it's like a record that is supposed to be private, then don't share it.
Speaker 1: But if it's something we could any of us could find on the Internet spill away.
Speaker 6: We honestly don't have standards.
Speaker 7: The part, the thing that you don't you might not realize, beca, is that part of being on this segment is the person agrees to hear whatever the reason is, no matter how embarrassing or strange it might be.
Speaker 4: I mean, if he agreed to that, then yeah, I'll share it.
Speaker 9: He was married a year ago.
Speaker 4: To a Russian woman and she filed for divorce about a month ago. Oh yeah, that's a huge part of his life. And to just withhold that information.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of first date to bring up though on that, Like, how do you even start? So listen, I had this Russian wife.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like that you were expecting him to bring that up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think I was expecting him to tell me if he was separated. Being separated is a lot different from divorce.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not official yet.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like he could withhold a lot of information if he's not forthcoming about the truth.
Speaker 1: See that. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I kind of am with her on that, Like if it's divorced and final and you're done with it, But if you're in the middle of a separation.
Speaker 7: And I think you can list it on your dating profile, like specifically your status single divorce, separating what you.
Speaker 2: Look for mostly the most traumatized would.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but like, did you even talk about relationships at all on the date?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean I hinted about it and I shared about mine a little bit, you know, just keeping respectful details private. But he said he didn't want to talk about it, and it seemed like he was evading the truth instead of just a private person.
Speaker 7: Okay, warning you know, Becca, I think the person who's actually going to find all of this the most interesting is actually Nick himself, who is listening on the other line, has tapped into our phone somehow.
Speaker 6: We did consent to it. Now, so he is there wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Wow, come on, guys, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I mean you wanted the truth out of him. Now's the chance?
Speaker 6: Nicky there?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm here. So what's up, Ecca? You go on dates with people and you look up their history before you do.
Speaker 4: So, yes, Nick, I'm a cup.
Speaker 9: I think, yeah, right, Well, we were going to a public place, and I feel like that's kind of using your cop resources to look up my history was Excuse me.
Speaker 4: I didn't use police rec sources. I use my own personal resources, and I just think it's really weird you wouldn't say anything.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm not telling you if that's true or not. I mean, you could have looked that up on some strange site that has false information big marriages courses.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm actually going to back up on this because I have a friend who's fiance looked her up when they were dating and he got all the information wrong.
Speaker 9: It's true, you probably have the wrong guy.
Speaker 11: Nick is a common name.
Speaker 7: Is that a possibility that maybe it's a different Nick and you mix them up?
Speaker 4: It's one hundred percent.
Speaker 9: Nick.
Speaker 6: Really, how do you know that?
Speaker 4: Because I'm a cop. Okay, I'm going to text you your marriage certificate right now.
Speaker 6: No, No, wait, you can do that.
Speaker 1: You got the marriage certificate public record?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think, oh wow, you can look.
Speaker 6: I know how.
Speaker 1: Michael.
Speaker 4: It's absolutely public record, and I just texted you a photo of it.
Speaker 9: And there's your wife's name.
Speaker 6: Do you have a text?
Speaker 1: Nick?
Speaker 9: Look, here's the deal.
Speaker 7: If you wait a minute, it was.
Speaker 9: A mistake, it was a short term thing. Yes I was married. Yes, I'm getting a divorce. It's going to be done very soon.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, you should have just said that, yeah.
Speaker 7: Back at the start. But the truth should have been the first thing you said to her when you greeted her inside of the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he would have told you that, you would have been okay with it.
Speaker 4: Really, I mean, honesty is the best policy.
Speaker 9: We all have a past. Wow, Like, come on, what else do you know about me? Do you look at my record from what college?
Speaker 2: Wait, you're still the one got outed as a liar.
Speaker 6: I'm curious what you did in college. That sounds kind of funny.
Speaker 9: It was a stupid frank with the cow. But that's not even the point.
Speaker 1: It's not her fault, mall.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, I'm not saying it's her fault. I'm saying it's my past defense.
Speaker 7: This is kind of embarrassing information to open up with, not to mention, like on the radio, but especially on a first date with someone you're trying to Impress's.
Speaker 1: At that chose to do the radio part. Well, I know, I'm just saying this is a lot sweet.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to defend a guy who's in a weird spot here. So Becca, he has admitted that you were right, and he's ready to move on, hopefully, with you, would you be willing to give him a chance?
Speaker 4: I'm not interested. Guys, it's just a no brainer for me.
Speaker 9: You got to be honest. Oh I wasn't dishonest. I am separated. I'm getting a divorce.
Speaker 6: It's just too late you started with it.
Speaker 1: Probably wasn't me.
Speaker 9: I didn't know she was such a good cop.
Speaker 7: Progation skills their next level dude. So maybe like a different professional uniform, like a coast guard, they won't look up your past about.
Speaker 1: Just be honest on the next day.
Speaker 5: Why different brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Why do our listeners love it so much when people get busted in a lie on our second date? Call literally text into seven eighty five nine to two says I knew that guy was a liar the moment I heard him. I think I went out with him two months ago before he was separating. Who knows if that's true. But we could ask a certain officer that we know to go and investigate that particular text.
Speaker 1: We're friends now with the I don't know that it's worth her time or our time. Ye let that one lie. He needs to work out his own mess.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if anything, we call her asked for help.
Speaker 11: She'll probably run our names and one of us will get arrested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope she's a surprised that we're all sitting here without handcuffs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we all enjoy good pair of handcuffs around our That's not what I thought regard to someone else conversation anyway. Unfortunately that call turned out to not end in a second date. We can't win them all, but we can always try. If you email the show and we'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you find your podcast on Apple, Spotify, even on YouTube.
Speaker 6: A Brook and.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: On this show, we always report on Karen's and over the top public tantrums that go viral online.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's so like, it's so much tea to.
Speaker 7: Talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's a good gossip subject.
Speaker 7: It's funny audio to play on the show. But it's never actually happened during one of our second dates, that is until today. Wait, I'm not even talking about Brooks role in the Cally.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about I'm tired of that joke.
Speaker 7: Okay, call the manager on me, I dare you. But one of our listeners says he had a run in with a random woman who started screaming at him in the middle of his first date, just out in public. And you're never gonna believe the topic that made her go off. You're gonna hear the full story in your second date update next.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date Updates.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you can plan the perfect date, but then some outside force that you can't control comes into play and changes everything.
Speaker 1: Like a hurricane.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, that we shouldn't be going on a date if there's an eminent hurricane about to bear.
Speaker 6: Down on you.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you just need love.
Speaker 7: I guess I was thinking more like when Brooke was on a date eating her potato salad and a bird pooped on it, but it didn't stop her though. Brooke kept on eating, holding eye contact with that dude the entire time.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can usually go along with these, but that one is too far eat the potato salad. I would then steal his food and eat whatever he was eating.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure if our listener Marshall has quite the same resilience says Brooke does. Let's find out, though, Marshall, Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 10: Hey, how's everyone doing?
Speaker 1: It sounds like better than you. It sounds like you had something terrible happened on your date.
Speaker 7: We don't know how terrible before before we get to the setup. A bird poop doesn't sound that horrible on your food, I don't know. But before we get to the crazy whateverthing that happened that derailed the date, let's start with the girl that you met. Who's she?
Speaker 10: Yes, so, her name is Julia. We met online. She's super cute, okay.
Speaker 2: Was there something about her that stood out from everybody else?
Speaker 10: Well, other than her beautiful smile and beautiful hair. Of course, she had this beautiful dragon tattoo on her shoulder, and like, you know, I'm really into like tattoos, and it was it was super hot and just it was it was just beautiful. It was beautiful.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: That's a good like conversation point to come up on it.
Speaker 2: I mean, people are so proud of their tattoos. I bet she would love to have a compliment about it.
Speaker 11: Some girls get annoyed because guys always say the same thing, I.
Speaker 7: Like, your tattoo, did it hurt?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: I don't think that's about it.
Speaker 2: When you ask what the meaning is that should because Alexis hates meanings.
Speaker 1: I was drunk.
Speaker 7: A lot of Okay, well, at least the initial attraction was there for you. What did you and Julia do for your day?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 10: I wanted to do something different, right, so I didn't want to be like every other guy that was hitting her up online. So I was like, well, let's do something somewhat romantic. And city stooters and right around the city. I love. That are some of my favorite spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know, like the scooters that are you can like use your app on and yeah, my husband and I do that.
Speaker 7: Sometimes that doesn't bode well for you.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we bring helmets though, because there.
Speaker 7: Are a lot of people you don't not.
Speaker 5: Worried helmets and I've never seen you're a helmet on those.
Speaker 1: Oh I definitely. Do you go twenty twenty five miles an hour? Alexis?
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, did you did you go? Helmets or no helmets? Marshall, No helmets?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: All right, But you know it's funny that you say that because everything was going well. We got ice cream, we got coffee and everything, but then we're at a crosswalk and this woman comes up. She says, like, you know, she's an er doctor, and she's like, listen, I've been doing this for over twenty years, and most of the injuries I've seen have come from those scooters right there.
Speaker 7: Oh oh my god, was right. That sucks though, Well, like, what a mood killer to happen in the middle of you.
Speaker 12: Or what do you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, what did you walk off and walk the scooter?
Speaker 10: So you're saying, well, you know, I'm sitting there and I'm like, come on, lady, I'm obviously on a date here, so you know, I kind of laugh it off, okay, and so I'm like, let me get out of this situation as quick as possible.
Speaker 1: So great injuries.
Speaker 10: As I was pulling away, you wouldn't believe it. I ran over this lady's foot. The irony I felt horrible, and she's yelling even louder, that's.
Speaker 7: Why you got a gun it and get away from the screens.
Speaker 10: After that point, I was like, I just want to be as far away from this lady as possible. She was okay. I took the tongue lashing, and I'm like, all right, let's just go and Julie's not really wanting to ride these scooters anymore.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, weird.
Speaker 1: Time to park up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, did you guys just find a bar or something or a restaurant to go to?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Actually we did. I was like, let's just go over here. This is a nice spot. We got a couple of drinks and it's good. Everything seem cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you read what she wanted right like that. I mean it's good like something some people will be like, let's just keep going and ignore the other person's feelings.
Speaker 7: Why are you every time it's like any drink comes into playbooks like okay, good, good, thank god. I mean it is dangerous, heavy drinking, thumbs up, good, helmet, I.
Speaker 1: Wear a helmet to white night.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: I mean it's good that you read what she wanted and needed and.
Speaker 7: Salvage I mean, did you salvage it from that point? Did it feel good from that point on?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 10: I thought so. I mean we had a great time. We shared it, laughed, we got a couple of drinks and everything was fine. But well, I've been trying to get in contact with her and have another date for the last two weeks, and she's just always had some other excuse, you know. And she even told me that she's been going out on dates, which is cool, don't get me wrong, Like I get it.
Speaker 1: She's to say that, do you say that to each other? And she don't want to go out with them.
Speaker 7: She's telling you, I'm seeing other guys. I can't meet up with you. I only got a.
Speaker 2: Date Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
Speaker 10: Well, she did say, let's pick another night, but it just seems like every night I picked, there's always.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, she was just saying that because she felt bad about that whole being real honest thing the date, you know it.
Speaker 7: Is Maybe not though, but it might be a good sign that she's being totally transparent telling you what's going on in her life.
Speaker 11: But also it's hard to reject people, so maybe she's hoping he figures.
Speaker 2: It out, Like, how about we just find out we need to figure it out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're all we're all gonna have helmets before we make the call, just because we don't know what disaster might be waiting on the other end.
Speaker 11: Always has five in her car.
Speaker 1: Seriously, you should wear a helmet on those things.
Speaker 7: Yes, all right? For to come back Second Dates, an extra safe edition of your Second Date update right after this, Brook and Jeffrey in.
Speaker 5: The morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 7: Oh can you guys picture it right now?
Speaker 1: Picture what?
Speaker 7: This is the background music I have in my head as Marshall navigates through the busy city sidewalks, creasing it three miles per hour without a hed Well, it's like Frogger dodge the fire hydrant. Marshall jumped the manhole.
Speaker 1: It's all the games until somebody gets hurt.
Speaker 7: That's right, because he's an adrenaline junkie riding without a helmet on. That's probably why he called into the show this morning, just for the high of being on the radio. Open sewer coming up, isn't that John Marshall? You got your adrenaline fixed just talking to us, didn't you.
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah I did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, see right through you.
Speaker 2: This sounds like the theme song of an eighties like video game.
Speaker 7: We've all been.
Speaker 6: There, the dangerous streets.
Speaker 7: But the worst part of the date was when Marshall accidentally ran over a lady's foot who warned him that scooters are very dangerous. End up causing a lot of er visits, and of course it ended up happening during his date, and Brooke is upset he wasn't wearing a helmet.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not about me, I mean, it's about his date. Like he was to rescue the night they went out, got some drinks, calm down.
Speaker 7: At least we thought he rescued it. But it's been two weeks and she still hasn't agreed to another date. Even told him that she's seeing another guy on one of the Knights.
Speaker 6: Kind of harsh, but but honest, brutally.
Speaker 7: Honest, And maybe that's a good sign. Marsh You ready to call her here?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Yeah, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't sound like a dangerous guy, so I think that it's probably not the scooter mishap.
Speaker 7: That's what they say about all the most dangerous people in the world. I never would have suspected you to be the killer nice.
Speaker 9: Killer.
Speaker 7: All right, Mars, Well, let's just do this.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna call Julia for you. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Julia?
Speaker 7: Yes you may have Yeah, we are a question.
Speaker 8: We're a radiown number.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we have to protect our number because we're a radio show.
Speaker 9: Okay, what is this about?
Speaker 7: This is about a segment we do on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. That's what this show is.
Speaker 6: It's called second Date Update.
Speaker 8: Okay, and who is it you're looking.
Speaker 7: For for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll start me.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: We heard about you through one of our listeners named Marshall that apparently you went on a date with a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 9: Oh Marshall, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think that sounded good.
Speaker 7: There was a smile on her face when she said his name.
Speaker 8: Sure, why would he have the radio calling me though? It's just a little confusing because he has my numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well he's been using that number to try and ask you out, but you keep brushing him off or being busy.
Speaker 1: Or maybe you're not brushing him off. He doesn't know. He felt like, maybe that's why, maybe you don't like him that much.
Speaker 7: That's why he's going through us. He's trying to get some clarity.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 9: It's just how do I explain this?
Speaker 8: And there's nothing wrong with him per se, But I'm looking for a partner in life. I want my rider die.
Speaker 7: Because we heard you guys rode City Scooters.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 7: Yeah, apparently there is the background music that was playing the entire time because you two are rebels who ride without helmets on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's it's really honestly, ride or die in that situation because you should be protecting your head.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, honestly, it didn't occur to me until after that woman like she's sort of a cost to us, But I didn't really think about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we heard there was an old lady that like approached you and said riding scooters causes a lot.
Speaker 6: Of er business.
Speaker 1: I think she's a er doctor.
Speaker 8: She could have maybe been like a little more pleasant about it. She's sort of just like started shouting at us. And I think Marshall handled it all right. He got a little panicky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds fun though.
Speaker 7: And I think Marshall even admitted that it was kind of an awkward moment in the date. But over when you look at Marshall as a person, we're not sure why you wouldn't want to see him one more time.
Speaker 8: It's not that I don't want to see him, it's not he's not like giving me like that wow factor at least, you know, not in a good way. Like, I mean, yeah, he's texted me, but has he called me? You know, voiced the voice and asked me out again.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't like that.
Speaker 7: These days you're looking for hasn't.
Speaker 8: Like called me or like text him, been like let's do this at this time on this date. He's just like, Hey, I had a good time, and I'm like that's nice.
Speaker 12: But a lot of.
Speaker 9: Guys have had a good time with me.
Speaker 8: I'm looking for the guy that's going to put that extra effort into it and make me feel like I'm one in a million.
Speaker 11: What if he's not trying to come off like super though, Like what if he just wants to have a conversation throughout the day and then naturally bring up a date.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think he's trying to be respectful of you here.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 1: That's what I was trying to sound really good to me.
Speaker 12: Yeah, text is nothing.
Speaker 8: I want flowers. I want gestures.
Speaker 1: So you're not even no, No, she's saying that she needs more. She knows that he likes.
Speaker 7: Her, but he's just.
Speaker 2: Gesture and in life, she's looking for somebody who's gonna put the work in.
Speaker 8: Absolutely So I mean, if you guys could actually just let him know that I'm not interested, that would.
Speaker 2: Be Okay, so you know what you want and you don't think it's Marshall.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you want us to tell him no, we could, or honestly, you could just do it yourself, because he's actually on the phone right now, and.
Speaker 12: What I didn't want to do.
Speaker 7: You're laughing and smiling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's finally on the phone. Remember that's what you wanted.
Speaker 6: Marshall is there?
Speaker 10: Man, Hey, Julia, Sorry, this is a little awkward. I apologize about that.
Speaker 6: Marsh I don't know.
Speaker 7: If you heard all that, but she's trying to tell you that she's not that interested and it's probably not going to happen.
Speaker 10: You know what. That's okay. I got the clarity that I needed.
Speaker 1: He's going to give up.
Speaker 10: I appreciate you being honest. Wait seriously, well, I mean I texted you and.
Speaker 8: Oh you texting me? Everybody texting me? Are you kidding me? Oh my god, I'm not should be a jerk here, but like you went through all this trouble and You're like you have me on the radio and everything, and I'm like, oh, no, thanks, and you're just like hey, bye, Like where's the gesture.
Speaker 7: He's listening to what you're saying.
Speaker 12: He's listening to me, saying he's a great guy.
Speaker 8: He's not showing up enthusiast.
Speaker 9: I'm like, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Situations we learned.
Speaker 7: Don't take no for an answer is not an acceptable thing anymore. I guess, yeah, that's not allowed.
Speaker 6: Girls like never call me again.
Speaker 11: You go, okay, I'll respect that, And she's like, oh, I said sometimes, I mean it.
Speaker 9: Sometimes I didn't say never call me again.
Speaker 8: I said, Oh, he's really really sweet, but I'm not that interested. That's like a far cry from never call me again.
Speaker 7: I don't want him to call you even though you're not interested, Marshall.
Speaker 1: I'm just kind of surprised that you're not putting up more of a fight either.
Speaker 10: Okay, well, you know, I'm sorry. I guess I was just trying to fill out the situation. I didn't want to bother you, but I really wanted to see you again. So do you want to go out with me? I would love to take you out again.
Speaker 8: Oh man, I appreciate the offer, but I really am not interested.
Speaker 1: You just to turn him down, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Mom? Give him a chance like he with the extra planned a unique date.
Speaker 10: You don't want a chance with this girl, Julie, I'm sorry about the scooters. We can wear helmet, you can do whatever you want. We can go to a bar. Marshall, Oh my god.
Speaker 12: Just stop seriously. I already said no, you're embarrassing yourself. Oh god, you understand how any of this? It's only like eight notes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, how many notes does it take?
Speaker 8: I said no to a guy like fifteen to twenty times before I did, yet, like, this guy's still gotta wait to go.
Speaker 2: Oh why You're just gonna end up attracting red flag men.
Speaker 7: From here on out?
Speaker 1: Guys, do we just forever ask girls out?
Speaker 9: Take?
Speaker 7: Well, we have to at least ask one more time officially for the rules. Julia, would you like to go out with Marshall again? One more time? We would pay for it.
Speaker 6: We have to. We have to get the no.
Speaker 8: I think he's so sweet, but I know.
Speaker 7: You like to go out with Marshall one more time?
Speaker 2: You pay?
Speaker 7: Would Okay? Asked up?
Speaker 1: All right, that's too much.
Speaker 8: Just knock that into him.
Speaker 1: Okay, That's that's what it really came down.
Speaker 7: Could have said that, We.
Speaker 1: Could have just ended it as soon as we got Marshall.
Speaker 9: Sorry, Marshall, Marshall, It's okay.
Speaker 10: I guess I wish I would have know him sooner, But I mean I wish you the best.
Speaker 11: There's a text word that would like your number, just so.
Speaker 6: I have a feeling that we're not done with Marshall yet.
Speaker 7: We're gonna have to do seven more second data. We'll eventually get her to say yes. One of these days, Bro.
Speaker 1: You'll teach them.
Speaker 7: Roll around the city by himself beating off into the sunset at a brisk four miles per hour. One day you'll come back get that date, buddy.
Speaker 10: All right, all right, I appreciate you, guys, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: That really was just like an old school arcade game Sidewalk Scooter X, and we tried to help Marshall beat that final boss level and get him a second date.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're making her the big monster at the end of the video. Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 7: She's like the gorilla. That's but we tried and tried until ran out of live. He neuses he can always pop in another quarter and try again. Eventually beat that game.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 7: I guess I would ask people to text in to seven eighty five nine two should Marshall keep trying to get another date, but I know ninety nine percent are going to say no.
Speaker 2: Well no, It's like she was saying what she wanted and then when he gave it to her, then she didn't want it anymore.
Speaker 1: I think she I think she just didn't want him, you know what I mean? Like, I think I think she could have had him.
Speaker 7: I think in general, I'm just gonna speak for all of the people out there, for all the women listening, and Brooke would agree with me on this.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't continue whatever you're about.
Speaker 7: Out, ladies. If you have certain rules and expectations about dating, you please let us know what they are. All right, that's valid, Okay, Can we.
Speaker 6: Guess what it is you want and don't want?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: You guess right. You move up in the rain. It's real, fad. I'm actually with jeff on that one.
Speaker 2: I mean, like a little handbook for everyone men and women would be really nice.
Speaker 7: But even if you don't know what you want, you can always email us. We'll call that person who wasn't calling you back. O. Check out all of our Second Day podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey