Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstuff where flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: You look alive at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside the Ford Center and the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it.
Speaker 4: Is ninety degrees.
Speaker 3: The how today is ninety two, the low sixty nine, and that is Shennon.
Speaker 5: He is Nate, this is Kurt.
Speaker 6: I'm feeling good today, so I'm back to being Zaddy Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent of Braille people.
Speaker 5: When we speak.
Speaker 3: Thank you Jesse, and we are brought to you each and every day by flat Way.
Speaker 5: What's up cook? Oh Man?
Speaker 3: Tuesday? Did y'all look at any more film or did you burn it?
Speaker 7: After after? No, No, I never looked at any more cowboy film because uh no matter what I think I see on here and what I think is true, because.
Speaker 5: No, don't start that, don't do that. Don't do that. Change and now that you're making don't do that. Don't do that. Don't trust your eyes.
Speaker 7: Trust my eyes, and report what you see, right, because I've heard so many excuses. I mean, it's like it's like we don't we done, gave seventeen games full worth excuses on one game. But I have one simple question.
Speaker 5: Ask a question. Questions.
Speaker 7: We'll start my brother.
Speaker 3: As Chris said, ask the mic.
Speaker 7: It's going to be loud. Okay, one simple question. Okay, grits, what is the strength of this team? You can take do whatever? What is the strength you know this team?
Speaker 3: The answer to that has changed drastically from week one to week three, because there's about three things you could have said in week one, and you're like, I think the strength of this team.
Speaker 4: I think it's still the defense.
Speaker 3: I think they want to give a why. I think they just laid an egg. I think you're Jesse disagrees. No, I think you have a game like this once, hopefully not twice a year. I'm glad it came the third game and not the third game from the end of the season. But I just think if you're a if you're championship caliber, if you're a super Bowl team. You should not have the game they had yesterday.
Speaker 4: But I think you can get this thing back on track.
Speaker 3: And I think the defense, I think it's they got to figure it out. But I think the strength of the defense is because of what they did the first two games.
Speaker 4: They're game changers when.
Speaker 5: They're on their game.
Speaker 3: If they're off their game, then you run into other issues and you can't have penalties, you can't have missed assignment. You got to play a good, solid game if the defense isn't playing like they should.
Speaker 4: But I think you have a chance.
Speaker 3: I still think we're gonna have to wait till it, like you said, Thanksgiving, to see exactly what you got.
Speaker 4: But I think the defense is still the strength of the team.
Speaker 5: Defense.
Speaker 7: You have a reason why not.
Speaker 5: Don't let me out talk you on them. Don't let me do that.
Speaker 6: You had amazing points for once. There's no need for me to overtalk that. You know what I'm saying. I don't want to steal your thunder by what your thunder.
Speaker 4: Oh I think you said your thunder starting to say so.
Speaker 5: Bad you're shine. Okay, you're shine.
Speaker 8: It's just to be a little different. I'll narrow it down and say the defensive line. I think that's where it's all gonna start. As we saw, you know, they don't do their jobs. They get pushed around, They get pushed around a little. They if they try to start that sack party early, then you're gonna run into trouble.
Speaker 7: And that's been my problem with listening to all of these shows and all of these Why everybody's got all these different opinions when the season started, when we all was watching training camp, when you always watching training camp through my eyes, and I'm kept, Wow, they've wrecking practice again. The defense is wrecking practice again. And now, don't get me wrong, we all understand when you get in the red zone we need six, you know, but coach McCarthy has gotten out of the way, you know, by just i'ma still run the ball. I don't care. We're gonna get twenty at least twenty five to thirty runs. I don't care. Now we made we had to throw it a little bit more because we were behind whatever. But for all of y'all who are wondering hanging with the boys, are all in agreement. We finish, live and die by defense, y'all, So you can do whatever you want. Once we fix this red zone problem, you can do whatever you want. This defense is gonna take us as for us.
Speaker 6: And let me let me add a little bit on to what you just said about, because everybody's all over the place, right like we just hear a bunch of different things, and everybody's ready to you know, sell self, sell out here now. They want to trade for.
Speaker 3: Our fans are crazy.
Speaker 6: They want to trade Kyle Pits now, and they want to bring Zeke back onto this. It's so wild the stuff that is happening. You just just take a deep breath, ladies and gentous.
Speaker 7: Remember trading place where.
Speaker 6: But one of the things I also want, people, and this is I'm like Nate, I wanted to move past the game, but I wanted this to go back and check just again the game one more time. And I wanted this because the one that make sure I wasn't tripping. Just are you tripping, Jess, No, you're not tripping. And everybody wants this, you know. We go and we watch the Miami Dolphins, and we watch these different teams, and everybody wants these high flying acrobatic performances, four hundred yard games, ball going down the football field. There's a little, there's a little a couple of rules into the game of football. Just as it may not fit the barbershop narrative. It may not fit the barbershop argument, but there are things. There are rules that you just kind of apply to football. When you look at the Arizona cards, one thing that they wanted to do is they played two high safeties. Please don't come back and be like your percentage was off seventy five percent of the game, meaning they.
Speaker 5: Kept two safeties very high.
Speaker 6: It is very difficult, ladies and gentlemen, because I know all you're saying, we need to take more shots down the football field. When you sit two safeties twenty five and thirty yards down the back, you ain't taking them shots down the field?
Speaker 5: Is you have to understand the range. Now. I know that we said that.
Speaker 6: You know they don't have any superstars in this team, and I still agree with that, but these still are NFL players.
Speaker 5: So the range of guys.
Speaker 6: If I'm sitting twenty five yards back and I see Dat Prescott go to do one of these, I can move on the field. So there is it room for you to throw the ball down the football field. Also, as a play quarter, as a callerback, as a quarterback. When you come to the line of scrimmage, one of the things that you want to see is what does the box look like? And the boxes in between the tight ends or in the tackles right that box, And now you have to decide to yourself is this a run box or is this a pass box. Move to the time when a team decides we're gonna play two high safeties, you're giving up the run. You're gonna say, we're gonna be lighter in the box and we're gonna allow the run to happen. We don't want to get beat deep. We don't want we don't we don't want anything over our heads or behind us. When you start to see single high coverage, when you start to see things where there's more guys in the box, Now I can look out to my receivers and my old see you can say, all right, let's take a shot. So when you're watching the game, if there's six and seven guys in the box, that is a favorable run box for the offense. And more often than not, if there are two plays to be called in that situation, they're gonna hand the ball off to the running back. Hence why you've seen more and more of Tony Pollard and Rico Doado get the rock is because teams are saying, well, we know what y'all were before, and we know what it is when you got Turpin and you got CD and you got Cooks. We know what the and gallup. We know what the speed is vertically, so we're gonna live in what you throwing the ball underneath and running the football and that's okay. That is a formula for the cowboy to be successful. This was one of those games where they just were off. Dan Quinn said it. He said, we just didn't have defensively, we just didn't have the energy like whatever. For whatever reason, they just were off. So understand when you say take a shot, just take a shot. Well, if it's two safety sitting back there, ladies and gentlemen, you ain't just taking a shot because.
Speaker 8: For everybody, what they're doing, it's it's not that I like what they're doing.
Speaker 5: It's it's like when you go to you go to you go to the casino.
Speaker 6: There are rules to playing blackjack, right, there are rules. Now you can go against the rules if you want to the folk at the table.
Speaker 5: Go look at you like you're crazy. Unspoken rules, the unspoken. Don't get on third.
Speaker 3: Base if you hit on if you hit on seventeen r yeah.
Speaker 6: Like you will have someone at the table knock you out. You know, hey, if if if dealer's showing this, they gotta hit you. Even though dealer is showing what thirteen you got twelve? I'm staying, I'm, I'm or whatever it is, I'm staying and let him hit. There's a certain rules to certain things that you just say, Hey, I might not want to hit, but rules say, more often than not, dealer's gonna bus for this. And if I do hit, now I've messed the whole table up. Folks don't want you playing around them no more.
Speaker 5: Same thing in football.
Speaker 6: There are these rules to how games are supposed to be played. And then when your opportunity comes, you want you want to say, all right, here's now my moment. And that even takes a lot, that even takes a moment of okay, here's our moment.
Speaker 5: Can we block it up front? We got a single high safety now, So there's all about this timing.
Speaker 6: And yeah, you can sometimes dictate the paper when the team decides that you just ain't gonna pass the ball deep on them. You can say all you want, it ain't going deep, that's what she said.
Speaker 7: But if it do go deep, you're gonna get knocked out. Yeah, you get on the risk. Yeah, you're gonna run the risk of getting you know, hit, you know. And I was gonna say something, but I don't know it won't go well with that, But anyway, you get it.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to say that with people when you when you're looking, a lot of y'all will have the barbershop narrative of we need to go we need to go down the field said and go where.
Speaker 3: There's so many narratives out there right now, and so many we have opinions.
Speaker 7: We have lost it. We had. We turned so quickly back starting with you yesterday a cowboy fans.
Speaker 3: I know, I was mad at y'all because y'all said, there ain't no Hey, I'm not mad at the team, And you know what, I'm glad you brought.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you started the show that way.
Speaker 3: Because think about it, it's really easy to forget what they did in training camp, what they did the first game, what they did the second game on. This goes back to training camp. The defense was wrecking practice.
Speaker 7: They weren't even.
Speaker 3: Letting them get good reps because they were so good. They have one bad game and it's really easy to forget. Like they started doing this in July. It's not like they had.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, you know, so we get it football football flew up. But sometimes you gotta just like water, come on back.
Speaker 3: Now if they now, if they come out and give up two hundred yards rushing again this week, because don't think Belichick's not go Zeke might get the ball so fifteen times in a row to start the game.
Speaker 8: I think what fans are saying that this is one game. But we saw this last year and that yards given up. We saw the year before penalties two hundred yards given up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the only and that is the problem. That is the problem I have. I'm with you one hundred percent, Kurt. Is all the ways we could have took this woofing. It's two ways. I did not want to take this woofing. That was red zone and that was running the ball. You could have bombed me through the air because I could have blamed it on digs. You could have bombed me to death through the air, or you could have got a couple of takeaways besides the interceptions, and I was like, hey, that offensive line, I would.
Speaker 5: Have had it out for you.
Speaker 7: But the way we gave this one up five times in red zone on it what one score and then we give up two hundred amazing bloody yards.
Speaker 6: And even in that, even in the giving up the two hundred yards, when you go back and you kind of watch it, and I didn't, I breached through it, and I was like, let me just see again.
Speaker 5: No for real.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, because I did say on the show, tell me, let me come back, let.
Speaker 5: Me go back and just make sure. But it was it's just.
Speaker 6: The the alignment and assignment mistakes that we made defensively. That was that was I don't That wasn't even disappointing.
Speaker 5: It was head scratching because you're like, how did that happen to these guys?
Speaker 7: You did it last year? I mean these same things.
Speaker 6: When I tell you, like linebackers were running two blocks and just sticking just like oh hey, oh you got a red jersey, Okay, here you go, and just sticking.
Speaker 5: They have never seen that, They've never seen this before.
Speaker 6: Literally running to guys and just like stopping in me like, hey, what' you have?
Speaker 5: Like it was it was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen, like this.
Speaker 7: Defensive time, just jumping not one gap over two and three gaps? So wait where where?
Speaker 5: Or no?
Speaker 7: I don't know what they was thinking. They were like, make this.
Speaker 4: Is there an explanation for any of this?
Speaker 3: Or is it just like okay, they lost their minds.
Speaker 5: It's one of those games, like who are y'all?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 7: I know that was watching.
Speaker 6: I know dan Quinn was like, who taught you this? Why are you doing this? Like what were you thinking here?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 6: What what made you jump two gaps over? You had no business? It's to y'all standing in the same gap and they run opposite. Wait, it was some stuff.
Speaker 7: I was just like, and I'm gonna say this, Parsons, my friend. We all just love you and we give you great names, and but brother, if you're gonna play DVINSI man, you got to play it all the time, not when you want to and running the ball, yeah.
Speaker 6: You gotta sit down. One of my homeboys. We've been friends since since children. He texted me like one o'clock in the morning. I get to text this morning at five o'clock. He is hot. He's like, man, shut out the low rich I know you're gonna watch it. Rich Is like, that's a great name, little rich Low Richard.
Speaker 5: His name Lo Richard. But he's like he hates Michael's podcast. Hates it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he.
Speaker 9: Is.
Speaker 5: He a Cowboys fan. Oh, huge, huge cowboy. He lives in Jacksonville, huge Cowboys fan.
Speaker 6: And he's just like, you know, off that podcast, focus on football.
Speaker 5: I hate it.
Speaker 6: I don't talk about you're just talking to talking just he is. I laughed so hard this morning because you can you ever get a message from somebody and you know they're mad.
Speaker 5: Like I could feel the steam coming off here.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 6: It was like a paragraph like this, and he's just going off, like, man, Michael Parkers is great, you can do it, but shut the heck up and get off the podcast and focus on football.
Speaker 5: He just was going on.
Speaker 6: And I'm dying laughing because he is so passionate about the Cowboys like most Cowboy fans. But he he is like he wants no part of Mike in his podcast. Thing that he's doing right now.
Speaker 5: Tell you what.
Speaker 3: They don't get it together in the next week, a whole lot of Cowboy fans that.
Speaker 5: Are gonna be.
Speaker 10: Rich.
Speaker 6: I got you, baby's go. We're gonna write the ship, little rich we gon. We're gonna write the ship.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: Mike is gonna be the ship. We're gonna write the ship.
Speaker 7: I was looking around here and just saying, put your feet on the ground. I would like us four guys, but well he.
Speaker 3: Ain't putting this now, this feat I'm dangling. Y'all don't know this, but my calves go to sleep every show. That's why limp out here.
Speaker 5: Nate limps because he made the NFL for because.
Speaker 3: It's no circulation for forty five minutes, kind of like you have a gone, let's go, let's let's.
Speaker 5: Go to break, break come back.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 5: Grab some today.
Speaker 11: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 12: See Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog worthy care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of your week fan or haven't been here in years fan, See Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek after the seat, Geek, you're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 13: How's wing Stop sound christy juicy class wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop branch, and of course spicy casun fried corn.
Speaker 5: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 13: Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 5: Back to Hanging with the boards.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: We're itching every day.
Speaker 3: It is brought to you by blockchain dot Com. Thank you Blockchain dot Com. All right, hey, phone calls, Kurt, you want to hit anything real quick before we go to the phones.
Speaker 7: You'll go to the phone.
Speaker 5: Sure, hit the phone. But like when that hot on blaming.
Speaker 3: By the way, uh, Nate finally found somebody that knows Kirt.
Speaker 7: Yes we did.
Speaker 3: It was the young lady Zobia upstairs the social media graphics.
Speaker 7: She said, yeah, I know him?
Speaker 5: What who is he?
Speaker 3: Nate took him four weeks, but he finally found somebody in the building that knows k.
Speaker 14: Hanging with us long crowds talking to the wrong people.
Speaker 5: There's a woman that know you. That's all you need to know. You go, That's all you need to know.
Speaker 6: Right there, Chris, they see Hanson unless I remember that who we.
Speaker 5: Got on the phone. Oh we're going overseas. We got mohammed and oh.
Speaker 3: Hey mo before you get started, are you okay?
Speaker 15: Yeah? Okay, all right, no no.
Speaker 14: I turned off the game halfway through, so he's.
Speaker 15: Probably feeling, yeah, I did. Since I've been with the Cowboys since nineteen seventy seven, I did the first It was the first time I turned off the game at halftime. It was one o'clock morning, first time, because I had a feeling they were going to lose it. But when I finished the game later on that morning, I realized something different. This is not the killing Moore offense. For DAK haters, the interception was the cream on a bad game, the cherry on top of a bad game. But it was not caused by Mike McCarthy because if you look at it again, you find out that the tight end was on the left side. He was ready to catch the ball and score a touchdown, so it was more of a pressure on deck and I really liked the way that Mike McCarthy is doing coaching this team this year, But I hated the fact that they lost for the damn Cardinals because I wanted so bad for them to beat them in Arizona. And that's all I have to say. Thank you guys for a wonderful show.
Speaker 5: Thanks Bo, thanks for calling in.
Speaker 3: Did y'all go back and look at that last play? The only thing that really bothers me about that last play is a third down. Yeah, I mean, if that's fourth down throw, make that throw?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: You could have just thrown it out of the back of the end zone and had one You got one more play?
Speaker 5: Was the play? Was the interception bad? Yes, but I could see what that was seeing. He just made a bad throw. His thought process was.
Speaker 6: I just want to get it over the linebacker and put it towards the back pilot and maybe make them up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe make a play now.
Speaker 6: Is Brandon Cooks the smallest receiver you had out there, the guy that you want to do that with?
Speaker 5: Probably not right?
Speaker 14: Maybe good to Lamb in the corner.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, like you, I want to, But shoot, I saw what Lamb did the last time I threw him a fae ball in the corner. Do I want to go to him again? You know, I can tell his energy ain't right today. He don't want to fight for the ball. So so the interception was bad. We've seen many and many times quarterback throw that back, you know, back of the end zone type toe tap, and Brandon Cook has the ability to toe tap it just his size.
Speaker 5: And Dak just didn't make a good enough throw. He did, he didn't. Linebacker just fell right back into.
Speaker 3: The Is that a bad drawn up play because you have your shortest receiver running.
Speaker 6: No, they just they played it better. The Cardinals just played it better. I mean, if you if you ran that play ten times in a row, you maybe seven for ten.
Speaker 5: Right. They just they just played it better that play.
Speaker 6: And I know people say it the two safeties are there, but I can there are so many plays where you throw that ball. If that's Travis Kelcey, if that's a taller defender, I mean, that's a taller receiver you're throwing up and you give that guy a chance. You just said, Hey, it's games on the line, I'm gonna give my guy a chance. I would have liked for it to have been a taller receiver, a receiver who may have had a little bit more fo Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you would hope that that was like again, give me jayln Tober, give me somebody with a little bit saying.
Speaker 3: Is that a bad height to that a badly drawn up play because of you got the short guy?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yeah.
Speaker 8: Personnel wise, their concerns because I think we all like what McCarthy's doing. He's worked, you know, Calemary football, all that kind of stuff. But so far the red zone is that an area where we have some concerns with.
Speaker 16: The Hell yeah, Kurt, you watched last three year.
Speaker 5: I mean first two.
Speaker 3: Games, I was like, okay, everybody was like, dude, my red zone might Now we're good trusting Mike. And now it's like, this is three games in a row, Like, but you know what, you got a hell of a k We did find that out, hadn't we?
Speaker 14: And red zone trip and.
Speaker 7: I have I have another player I want to put in for the red zone?
Speaker 17: What is it?
Speaker 5: Score? Touchdown low left, low right.
Speaker 7: I gave you low left, load right yesterday, which is one play which you can run to both sides. So it's two players. Now our quarterback has to have the option to run. So it's too many to me. If you can if you have a serious threat, now that fake threat, if you have the serious threat to run the ball, them lanes get just a touch more open. They just get a touch more open. For the past, it's just a touch more open. You got to be able to run that football. You got to be able to run that football in the red zone. You got to put it in there. That was the threat that Zeke always gave. That with guilt, that extra no no, no, no, no, no no, it's not about He's not about Zeke. And I hate dealing in the past, but I'm just using that as example. If we can get Donald come down.
Speaker 6: Here, find a way to get your boy in there, find a way to get your boy in there. You just find you gotta find a way to get twenty one in there.
Speaker 5: He gone.
Speaker 7: If Donald, he can do that. If Donald can do that, get us a touchdown by way of run earlier, Tony can do that inside the five or the ten, you will see the malines just a litt bit more. Get that could just a litt bit more.
Speaker 8: I think dak has only one red zone run this year, and that was a scramble.
Speaker 4: Is he missing Dalton Schultz?
Speaker 5: No, stop, just.
Speaker 8: Deal, No seriously, what if your tight ends done? Dalton Schultz is last Eight of his last nine touchdowns are in the.
Speaker 3: Red schoonmaker one for one for one for one for one.
Speaker 8: Zach Schooling, I mean, I mean, you know Dond Schultz isn't if you want to. But but there's production loss there. It's the stats say there's production loss.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, Kurt interested.
Speaker 7: If you want to score, get in enough couple of times running, Get run the ball in the end zone a couple of times. I saw your mind, Jesse.
Speaker 5: No, I'll just.
Speaker 7: Run the ball in there a couple of times. Be it quarterback, be it running back, be it a wide receiver. Get the ball in then zone running and you'll see them lanes open up.
Speaker 4: Just all right.
Speaker 3: So, since we're talking about the red zone, are.
Speaker 7: Are there?
Speaker 3: Is there such a thing as bad like good receivers that are bad in the red zone because of the the way they play, their playing style, separation, physicality, things like that. Could you just have a bad set of receivers that or is this just like a hey, let this thing play out?
Speaker 8: Lamb didn't go up for it the first time, so you'd turn the second time.
Speaker 3: Like you don't have you don't have a Daz, right, we know that we don't have you don't have.
Speaker 14: A Mark Cooper had eleven red zone hit.
Speaker 6: Here's the thing about the red zone. The red zone is this condensed space you you the defense has the advantage because you have the back of the end zone as their twelfth defender.
Speaker 5: Ye, so, and I don't. I don't have to.
Speaker 6: I got eleven guys in a tight formation, so everything has to happen quicker. There is not I don't have time to go one way and then come.
Speaker 5: Back the other way. You just don't things.
Speaker 6: Too many eyes, too many guys, too many hands, too many arms. So the biggest thing about the red zone is if you have a Julio Jones of Mike Evans Brian, you always have an advantage with those type of gods, and you can say, you know what, let's throw it my Jimmy, My Jimmy versus your Jimmy.
Speaker 5: All right, my Jimmy versus your Joe. Let's just see.
Speaker 3: And I have p I the p I call on my side as well.
Speaker 6: I mean they didn't call him, but you know you'd like to take that shot, and even the one that I would have loved for CD Lamb miss to fight a little bit harder on the one that he wanted the p I four that he didn't get, because that.
Speaker 5: Should have been a touchdown. Like with his skill set, that should be a touchdown.
Speaker 6: There is something to the fact of calling the right play, reading the coverage right, and then delivering the football. It's it's it's Some teams are just are really good in the red zone. They just have plays that just work for their team in.
Speaker 5: The red zone.
Speaker 6: Some teams don't. And we're we're going to a term that Jerry likes to use. We are after this loss, we have circumcised and mosquito like, we're gonna find every which a way to find this thing. And then sometimes you just you just have one of those moments. You have one of those moments, and maybe this is the moment where the Cowboys all right, come on, let's let's let's lock back in, let's figure this thing out, let's let's move forward. I don't think they're gonna have another game like this. And even the first two games of the season, they were getting some things in the red zone and what like, they got to the red zone, couldn't score, They ran the ball in the red zone, they got touchdowns in the red zone.
Speaker 14: Three four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just just one of those deals.
Speaker 3: Man, What are you laughing at?
Speaker 7: Not about the Mosquito deal. I mean, miss Jones got some good eyes for that circumcised the mosquito got some good eye you gotta.
Speaker 3: So your answer to the question is are they gonna be a bad red zone team or are they gonna.
Speaker 4: Figure this thing out.
Speaker 5: They'll figure it out, you.
Speaker 4: Think, so I let it play out.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: You are growing so much as a as a.
Speaker 6: Just so it's not that I'm trusting what I'm seeing, Okay, I'm just trusting what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: The eyes of reason.
Speaker 6: I'm just trusting what I'm seeing right now, man, And it's the way this team is built.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying that slamming on Zach Wilson. That's who we played before we played the Cognals, right, and as bad as this kid play quarterback, you know.
Speaker 3: He was cut off in the four box to drop down.
Speaker 7: I was just watching the New England game and it's just Zach Wilson ain't getting no better y'all. I'll just letting you know that. And I hope we can fool the Patriots and the thinking that that Dak is like this dude, so we slaughtered them like the car cognals got us.
Speaker 3: Are they doing anything for Zeke?
Speaker 14: Yeah? No, probably they're having a tribute video.
Speaker 5: Little video.
Speaker 7: Don't do that.
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 8: And I don't know how big of a deal they make, but they are gonna recognize like.
Speaker 4: A little pre game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's cool. Just on three one two three, Zeke, and let that be it. Don't they not getting this dude?
Speaker 3: Commands aren't gonna go as soon as he touches the ball the first time.
Speaker 7: All right, let's take our next got a baby z can Deuce? What the hell you get? Is that his birth name Deuce.
Speaker 14: James Chris.
Speaker 6: Chris's junior, So like Jayson Tatum, this son name is Deuce. Like I guess they're junior.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ay d eight eight five five two two nine said we'll take some more calls when we come back for the last segment of.
Speaker 4: Hanging with the boys.
Speaker 16: Dude, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: As they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 5: He escaped left. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 16: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Preus Scot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 16: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 16: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 13: How's wing Stop sound Christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop range and of course spicy Cajun fried cool. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavored delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 12: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't worthy care fan, we got him next time fan, or we'll never win again. Fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of you, weak fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat geek has you covered? Download the sea Geek after day Sea Geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 10: James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 7: Enter today, back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys. The last time we will talk about this Cardinals game until they lay another day and we have to reference it. But we're moving on tomorrow. Cowboys Offense, Patriots Defense. Thursday, Cowboys Defense, Patriots Offense. Friday phone calls, Predictions and get to know your co host there maybe some other things. Predictions, Yes, predictions. Predictions will be interesting this week because we were invincible up until up.
Speaker 18: Until Sunday, undefeated going to the Super Bowl. Watch out Dolphins. Seventy was that seventy two? Seventy two Dolphins? There's only three undefeated teams left in the league.
Speaker 3: Do you oh, I saw something on social media that I never thought about.
Speaker 4: Y'all think about it and I'll give you.
Speaker 3: The answer at the end of the end of the show. Do you know the only NFL there's only one NFL logo that has no Wight in it.
Speaker 4: Think about that. Take your answers at the end of the show.
Speaker 3: All right, Chris, who we got on the phone? We got Josh and Maryland.
Speaker 7: Josh, what's up?
Speaker 9: Man? Good?
Speaker 5: Good? How are you?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 19: I can't complain last week we were drinking the kool aid. I mean, I'm still drinking and it's just a little bit.
Speaker 12: Of water in and now light blue, dark blue.
Speaker 19: The water in it now? Hey, but real quick. Lastly, when I was asking about the running back, I wasn't answering for like a big name running back or nothing like that. I was more so speaking on like like the running style because you know, like I don't feel like the defense really killed Tony Potton, like he got a hundred yard. But you know, when I don't want to go on the tann fever, but when Ze would get fifty yards, they killing the fifty yards. You know, it's like the show, you know, the people kill y'all. I don't think the defense really killing them with the with the hounding plus yards because you know, he's not really laying that hammer down on him. And then uh, my second question, and I think got to help with the red zone, so I like Rico, maybe we give him some more touches. And then my second question, I mean, what's going on with Marzie. I was trying to give him a little bit of grace because he a rookie. But then you see that boy from Georgia over there, silly the way that he's telling me, And I'm just like Margie had a whole lot to say, and Moggie just ain't Margie and I don't. I don't know what's going on with him. But that's pretty much my questions to say, Let's appreciate you.
Speaker 3: My call as always, thank you man, thank you for the god. Ye, Philly's just methodically, nothing sexy, just taking care of business one week at a time, just rolling on.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Unfortunately that man waiting to respond, Jess.
Speaker 17: You playing the trenches, not me.
Speaker 14: See.
Speaker 7: The thing is, we can say, okay, the kid that's at Philadelphia, we can say before the incident, he was off the field, he was he could have been the first playd picked. Uh, Marzie failed where he fell. And so it's a lot of reasons you can use, you can use. But when you let especially a Dallas cowboy number one pick, whether it's one thirty two, the fans expect for you to light to come on right now. And so sir, I'm gonna tell you to be patient.
Speaker 9: We have.
Speaker 7: By the way, the coaches don't speak on this guy. They're praying that everybody because the coaches just think, now, have we heard in our coaches really one way or another bad? Are good say anything about this kid? No, everybody's praying that the light will come on for Mazi. He's averaging maybe eight snaps twelve snaps a game. That is not enough. So we're waiting on the same thing you're waiting on, Sir. He is just Mazi. He's not a Maserati yet, He's just Maazi.
Speaker 5: What's his?
Speaker 7: What's his?
Speaker 3: I guess his weakness right now? Is it because you.
Speaker 7: To be able to dissect, to read a head of a player, guard our center, to read the head movement of the head, our shoulders, and then get and to be able to take that step stop that player and get off blocks are just bowling to him and eat up blocks. He's doing neither right now. He's not eating up blocks or he's not dominating blocks.
Speaker 4: Is that something you can learn?
Speaker 7: That is something you can't learn. It's called will and desire. The light has to come on. And that is as nice and as plain as I could put it. If it was a wide receiver, it was Jalen last year, learned to run your routes within the scheme. We could put a little bit more for a skill position player why things are not working, But it's brute force up in here and just reading one or two things and understand it. Because the coaches can scale this down to you only have to do one or two things.
Speaker 3: He's got the strength, right, Yeah, he's got the strength and the body type.
Speaker 7: He just put it together. Mentally, it's up above the neck, as the playmaker like to say, what's up above the neck?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 7: Is it a onion.
Speaker 9: Like me?
Speaker 5: Some good neck in my life? Knowledge?
Speaker 18: Christ?
Speaker 7: What meanings it?
Speaker 9: Way?
Speaker 5: For this car?
Speaker 4: Who we got?
Speaker 7: When you read it with computer, you saw.
Speaker 3: I was like Jesse about to pick his phone up.
Speaker 5: Leave. I was like, I got it five minutes, I got it? What's up past? I'm always happy in the PASTA car?
Speaker 20: Man, I'm good man.
Speaker 9: How y'all doing?
Speaker 7: We're great, great good man.
Speaker 5: Listen, talk these fans off.
Speaker 6: The lege man, get bring some faith back to these people.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 20: No, it's like that. We just need to exhale. It's game number three. Obviously we can see that there are certain things we took for granted, and I don't think we were really taking into account the psychological effect of the game, you know, with with digs going down and then finding out that you got three offensive line I'm in that are going to be out. You know, whether you're prepared or not that's going to take something out of you. And to be honest, I think the team it was hard for them to get up for Arizona, and I think you saw that with the lack of discipline, with the penalties, my defensive players being out of position, because it's not like, you know, Arizona just ran us up and down the field. They just had more big explosive plays. You cut down on the dissocive plays. You look at the second half offensively, they didn't do nothing except for one big play, and so we got to clean that stuff up. Everything can be fixed. Again, it's game number three. I don't think we took in consideration that that coach came from the Philadelphia Eagles, so he's very familiar with a lot of things that we do, and and the guys just took him for granted and we thought we probably could skate by with the win and look forward to New England. So it's definitely a wake up call. I'm glad it, Happer. Early in this season, we're just one game out of first place. This one game out of first place with two times to see Philadelphia, and we still got the best regular division because we read the Giants so we're right where we need to be. Maybe not ideally what we wanted to be, but we're right where we need to be. But let's everybody just calm down a little bit. Let's just get back to you to focus in on what we need to do. We have a better team than Philadelphia, I'm sorry, better team in Arizona. We definitely have a better team in New England. And I'm looking at Philadelphia last night they looked good, but Jalen Hurst gave up the ball twice. But that makes me feel good because we're going to give the ball up. So let's just go like, man, we're gonna be okay. It's Week four and it's a long season, and I'm glad, I'll say this. If injuries have to happen, I'm glad they're happening now as opposed to deepen the season. So prayerfully our offensive line can get healthy and for the first time we can really get our five office of linmen together because that'll take the breaks off of how coach McCarthy really calls the game. Because he said himself that he was being conservative because he had three offensive linemen in there. You know that didn't get all the reps. So and he still hasn't shown his hand yet, you know. So, look y'all, we're gonna be okay. Let's just just just pray that the injury bug does not continue to bite us and and that we stay healthy, because health is really gonna be the tail te fie as we go deep into the season. So we're gonna be all right, y'all.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you, pastor what you just laid hands on? Shine, we'll exhale today.
Speaker 3: But if these patriots come in here and take the games, we're gonna be sucking at wind back up.
Speaker 7: Esus like that.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 7: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Uh, we've got time for what we're called.
Speaker 3: The answer to the trivia question for today is.
Speaker 5: I got it?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 5: I've been thinking about it the whole time. I really been thinking you look it up?
Speaker 3: Does anybody have does anybody else have an answer?
Speaker 14: I'll try?
Speaker 7: All right, what your what? Let Jesse go your hometown your question?
Speaker 14: That's who I was gonna guess.
Speaker 7: No, New Oran states No, because it's outlined this is a raven I mean it's the raiders. No, because they're there.
Speaker 4: They have a ton of white the commanders.
Speaker 3: M hmm, yeah, they have no they have no white in their logo. Yeah, Washington Saints have they have the Florida Lees outline.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 14: All right, I learned something.
Speaker 5: Oh just a w Yeah, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: All thirty one other teams have white.
Speaker 14: And isn't that nuts?
Speaker 7: That's a good thing, Chris, One more, one more quick one?
Speaker 5: Who we got? Everybody? What?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 5: It's ring run screwing this on? You just go this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, us risky hope, legals not listening. Hey, Kalicia, Hello, hang with boys?
Speaker 5: Hello here, what's going on? You hang with the boys? What you got for us?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 9: Julia from Orlando?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 9: Julian?
Speaker 5: What's up? Baby?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 9: How you doing?
Speaker 20: Told you about number nine?
Speaker 11: You some more often?
Speaker 13: Number nine I talked about disappeared like deebo like gebo.
Speaker 20: Yeah, Hey, I got I got one thing. What you got that cannot Zach cannot read defense?
Speaker 5: Zach dak.
Speaker 20: Yeah, Zach cannot read defense.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, thank you for the call.
Speaker 7: Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I'm never doing that again.
Speaker 3: Chris, you want another one?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I try to give him a benefit. He did, Zach.
Speaker 14: He was feeling pretty good.
Speaker 5: Chris, what time is it? A uh twlock o'clock somewhere.
Speaker 7: Hang with the boys computer.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 14: Brother?
Speaker 5: What you got?
Speaker 9: Okay, this is what I got. Man. I don't know what's going on with the Cowboys team. But the linebacker course week, you got number fifty five playing LB. E Man, nobody's watching him. That guy played the whole game Sunday and then make one tackle. He slow, he goes to different directions. Man. And if the Cowboys, if they're gonna be a winner, they have got to show up. They linebacker corps, they slow in that position. They playing linebackers that are not big enough to play that position. Then you got one linebacker call and plays man, he seems like he running around lost, not making them. I'm not seeing why the coaches are not seeing that. While the coaches are not saying that every team is gonna tack him with the linebacker corps, they gonna go after them, They're gonna throw passes in that area. And they've been doing it for the last two or three years and we still haven't sold that up. And it's even worse now. I'm not saying why the coaches can't.
Speaker 3: See that appreciate the call, right you're.
Speaker 9: Talking about all the other problems we have in the red zone and everything, but if you let a defense stay out on the field, as long as our defense stayed out on the field, you're gonna get tired. You're not gonna make plays. So I'm not understanding why our head coach, our defensive coordinator can I see how weak we are in the line, But we need more speed there and more you know, more speed. So that's what I'm calling for. Just watch the middle lineback up.
Speaker 7: He need to be cut, yes, sir, gotcha, Thank you, sir, appreciate.
Speaker 5: It's a couple of.
Speaker 3: Like that's right though, That's a risk you take when you start playing these these safeties hybrids. You don't have a lot of big bodies in there.
Speaker 7: And it's I mean.
Speaker 14: They went after him. He had four who but I think of both of at least a couple of I.
Speaker 7: Think he was fortunate to have those four. The way that defensive line was jumping out the wheel in the folks jump on.
Speaker 8: A couple of those long runs, I mean, you had offensive line of the guards just wiping out our safety.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you, man, sir, I agree with what you're saying. If our defensive line would have played.
Speaker 5: Linebackers out a little. But he's right. People.
Speaker 6: Someone asked me what they're like, you know, what's the defense call when lateon vantage on the sideline?
Speaker 5: And I reply with him was fast. They are faster with him on the sideline. But I mean he is.
Speaker 6: He's probably the most level headed out of the group of You know, sometimes you when you got those wild and crazy guys up front, you gotta keep that one guy like he at least I know he's going to be where he's supposed to be, and that's Layton. But you hope up front that they keep keep him clean, flash flowing and free flowing.
Speaker 5: They didn't do a good job with that against the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: All right, fellas, good seeing y'all. Thanks for the calls, everybody listening.
Speaker 5: We appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Kurt, good seeing you. Chris, thanks for man in the phones keeping us on the air.
Speaker 4: We will be back tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Cowboy, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Cowboys offense? Patriots defense? The genius Bill Belichick coming to town.
Speaker 7: Theygo, knew it. Trying to get on our show. We've been trying for two weeks get in here.
Speaker 3: One day we'll go set the mic up for him right here and have him in here all right, Chris, Thank you, thank you all the fans.
Speaker 4: Thank you to you guys.
Speaker 3: Jazz, Same time, Same place, Boys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.