Speaker 1: Look at this right now.
Speaker 2: The NFL owners they're alarmed by the state of negotiation with the NFL Rests Association and have austheorized staff to begin hiring and onboarding replacement refs in the coming weeks. The NFL began compiling a list of college level officials to recruit earlier this month, and owners are expected this week to approve a sweeping set of replay and enhancements to support replacement officials in preseason and regular season games. A league source said the training of the new replacement officials will begin May first.
Speaker 1: Joe, how.
Speaker 2: Well did that go in two thousand and twelve when the NFL locked out the reps and they used college level refs, which they are saying they planned to use now, which led to bad cause and consists and calls incorrect cause because it was different rules, like they weren't even calling the rules white right. That lasted for three weeks and then it ended with what they call it the de Phil Mary incident with Seattle in green Bay and the last play touchdown that cost green Bay the game. First off, the play shouldn't even been judged or ruled anything, because Tate pushed thirty seven so hard to the ground that Stevie Wonder could see it. Okay, and it should have been an interception, but they don't know what they're looking at because what they say, simultaneous possession goes to the offense. But it wasn't simultaneous possession. The dB had it and the receiver reached his hand in there. So what happened? Players started complaining, the coaches started playing, They criticizing, you know, the refs. The fans in the general public started complaining, and then they was like, yo, what's up with the credibility of the game. Then the gambling thing was an issue there. Oh, there we go, money losing money. NFL said, oh, hold up, we're about to lose money.
Speaker 1: Get the refs back. They worried the money.
Speaker 2: Bro, what do you think of this, man, I'm using replacement refs again.
Speaker 3: I think they need to look the whole referee joint. It pisses me off because we're a professional NFL football league that have part time referees, like there need to be are referees. I feel like the NFL referees need to first and foremost be full time refs. They need to be able to get judged by how they perform. They need to be able to get that stuff reviewed and get that stuff taken over. So the whole little league referee system that we're doing and the professional and the multi billion dollar business blows my mind. So getting replacement referees just d league, Like, what are we doing? This is a professional football league. You're all talking about the tegority of the games all this. Why are we having part time refs reffing a professional game done by the cream like this is supposed to be the best of the best, the business business, trillion dollars, billion dollar companies. Why do we have part time officials that are making sure that like the games go by them, you know what I'm saying. So I think that starting from there, it's money. But we got so much we need to make it legit where we have legit full time and they get I hear you, debo, But with me, it just it just it's crazy. And hiring replacement refs it just makes it look even more junior varsity that we're playing in the NFL and now we're getting replacement refs from college that the rules, it is a different game, like all of the little intangibles, the just the the not even the big stuff, the two feet and bounds. You know what I'm saying that they have one foot in college, the gunners, the in and out, how long you can stay out of bounds, how long you get to come back in bounds, The touching of the ball on the punts, anything, just the little intangibles of our game that people were looking like, why do they do that? I'm like, no, you gotta when you put one foot out of bounds and one foot in bounds on the kickoffs, little stuff, special teams, just the little little things of the league that you have to know. And it's like those are professional. US have been doing it for a long time. They should be going through training and making sure like this is what you do. There's reasons when you do mess up calls, you don't get to play refing the playoffs. There's you get in trouble, like the same way players and everybody. You get no, you think you're out, you're fired, You're no longer NFL ref. There has to be repercussions to continued bad calls and not being able to do stuff in playoff games and Super Bowls and stuff like that. So with me, they we need to have our own referees and replacement referees just makes it look even more junior varsity.
Speaker 2: No person, dude, they need to be full time. Hey, these dudes, some of these cats are pilots and lawyers. Did like, how much time are they doing elsewhere? If this dude is a pilot, he's fine, and he's a lawyer, Like come home, broh, Like hey the man, that man some money, he's a rat of money.
Speaker 1: What they need. That's the whole reason right here. They said.
Speaker 2: Next week it's expected to approve a sweeping set of replays to enhance the support. Why so they can try and get the play right even if they missed the play or don't get it right, that they can call and be like, hey, this needs to be that. But then do you get into people talking about, oh man, the NFL now is setting their own rules of who they want to win not win, depending on what plays they review or don't review, they catch or don't catch. Now you're getting into the whole gambling type issue thing and all that other stuff where they're like, now the NFL got control of whatever it is. So I think you're running into you're running into you know, a whole bunch of you run into muddy waters here, man, you run into muddy waters here, and you know they trying to be Oh, it's scripted. Everything's scripted with hell. That's the case. They thinking something scripted for hell, they can change the script out.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you this because when we talking about the scriptive part, though, Debo, I can't. I can only speak on myself and knowing of them a.
Speaker 1: Brother, brother, brother, how the hell.
Speaker 3: I'm trying my hardest not to get my ass beat over top on a fade ball Like I'm not worried, like I understand that, but like for me, that is my livelihood, the iron, the skuy don't lie.
Speaker 1: What are you doing, Joe?
Speaker 3: You just got your ass beat? Like I can get cut. I will not play anymore. I'm looking at it like no, just for be, like no, what are you supposed to be in your spot getting hit on that in front of my team when we go to that film room. That the embarrassment of being on that big screen with your coach in front.
Speaker 1: Of everybody, like this, what happened right here? You know what's coming.
Speaker 3: I'm like this, I got beat, I got I'm waiting for the tape the next day because I know I'm going to see that in the big space. I'm gonna see that in the little meeting with the defense. I'm gonna see it again in our individual meeting. I'm about to get bombed up in three meetings in front of all of my homies and feel terrible because I'm supposed to be him.
Speaker 1: He's not supposed to ever score on you. Like That's how I feel.
Speaker 3: But when we be looking at it, like, oh man, Joe, okay, get your head around court.
Speaker 1: What happened? What happened here?
Speaker 3: I'm like this, that's me. I gotta make that play like.
Speaker 2: The chest you sit on meeting, You're like, damn, a play play twenty three?
Speaker 1: Play I don't know? Yeah, And you know you.
Speaker 3: Got that list, you got the joint, you got it. Comment right here, Joe, what what what did it in the day?
Speaker 1: What? What the hell?
Speaker 3: What what the w t F on it? Like, oh my, oh my goodness, I can't wait till this play come. So Joe, what we got here?
Speaker 1: On?
Speaker 2: Uh? They play twenty three? That's me, coach, you know I thought.
Speaker 1: He was coach that. That's that's all me, that's me.
Speaker 3: I got to make that play all right next time.
Speaker 1: Yep, Bro, it ain't doue.
Speaker 2: It ain't nothing worse, dude, Especially like when I played for Cower.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I played for Cower, the whole team sat in there for every special teams play. So we go through kick off, kickoff, return pump, the whole team is in there. B. He would replay, replay, replay, down what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Are you accelerating or you decelerating? What the what are you looking in here? Man? Me and foot will be like there, man, did you miss a block on that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Bro, I missed it.
Speaker 3: You know all eleven they're gonna rewind. You're sitting on one play for minutes. Everybody gonna get theirs. Yeah, everybody getting there.
Speaker 1: Everybody getting there. Ain't no shorts for nobody. Ain't no shorts for nobody.
Speaker 3: But that's why I love football, though, bro, because that iron it's got on line. If you made your block, you made it, You good? Oh yeah, I'm gonna get a good one on this one.
Speaker 1: This is how we needed give me. Let me make me do a teach.
Speaker 2: Rep so coach like this now, Joe, that's how you get your leverage right there?
Speaker 3: Like yes, come on, guys. You heard yeah you heard that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're doing that.
Speaker 2: Good about Hey you see Joe. I'm like, oh shit, you James right here? Oh I did right?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, Hey dude, I'll never forget man.
Speaker 2: So I I was nervous, right, So I'm playing, and you know how you you do a right or left return on kickoff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can do the crackbacks then. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So as we're doing it, we're doing the right return, but we're facing this way, so the right return is here, right, Yeah, So I done got so damn nervous, bru that I didn't turn to run. And as I turn to run, I'm like, right return, right return, but I'm turning running towards our guy now, so the right return that should be on my left is now I'm thinking it's right, yes, total opposite, wrong direction. Bright And as I get down there, I'm looking and I'm like, where the hell is he going?
Speaker 1: It's the right return.
Speaker 2: And as I start seeing everybody else was doing the real right, it is my left because I didn't turned around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 2: You know you're about to look. I'm in the meeting bruh mm hmm. Coach cowardgo James, what you're doing here? What are you? It's the right return? Do you know it's the right return? Did you get to call?
Speaker 1: Coach? I know it's the right.
Speaker 2: Return, I said, But what ha happened is I went for the I was doing the right return. But when I turned around, I said, my right was still on my right. Dude, he started laughing like that's the only thing that got me out, Like everybody like, yeah, that was he said what I said, when I turned around, coach, my right was still on my right, So I went for the right return.
Speaker 1: I was nervous.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you can look Debo, you probably get you get that one time.
Speaker 1: That one time. Oh, I told him one time, I go.
Speaker 2: We was blocking and you know, we're in the meetings and he's going through the meetings. He's like, hey, whatever happens, you know, just go ahead, go hard, and he was like, ship happens, you know. Yeah, So we're in a play. I think they got me for like a whole penalty or something. And he comes over, James, James, I'll make it like I don't hear him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: To the sideline. You hear me, James.
Speaker 2: You know that's when they called me sewer back. So I turned what what happened there? And I was just like, coach, shit happens. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He had had nothing for nothing to say. He was like Brussey and there was like, yeah, coach, you did s.
Speaker 2: Sh It happens, though, Yeah, sh happens.
Speaker 1: That's right. You took them on the chair.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 1: It happens.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had nothing to say, no excuses, dude.
Speaker 2: Wide receiver kalif ram Uh Raymonds chose to for I guess the Bears over the over the Lions. So there was a chance to return to the Lions for a sixth season, an opportunity to rejoin a former or opportunity to rejoin the former coach of Chicago. He opted for the chance to play for Ben Johnson, who had been the offensive coordinator in Detroit before leaving their division rivals in twenty twenty five. He said, I wanted to play for Ben's offense. He's extraordin, nettly, creative and honest, and you can be in any spot on the offense and he will find a way to get you the ball. Just to be under him is a great privilege.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: Yes, what is this saying? Is this is this a knock at Detroit or is it a bump on the Bears? Like I think I'm going to bump on the Bears. I'm going to bump on the Bears.
Speaker 3: I'm going with young Caleb growing, getting better, looking good, and that them dude just thriving nothing to do.
Speaker 1: Was up saying who they got over their quarterback?
Speaker 3: Bro in Detroit in Detroit, Yes, golf, golf, Okay, I mean yeah, I like golf, but like young young kaylab Well, you acting like golf is better than Kayla Williams.
Speaker 1: I'm taking I'm taking golf.
Speaker 3: Oh you're on, You're on, You're on some you smoking more than a cigar. I'm taking Williams for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm taking God. Okay, taking God. I think it's more of the head coach. Okay personally because he said I wanted to play in Ben's offense.
Speaker 3: Quarterback, quarterback and coach, quarterback and coach.
Speaker 1: I think if they hadn't.
Speaker 2: Don't forget took over play calling this year. Now they didn't do great. They ain't even make the playoffs. Bro, after killing it early and years, especially when he was coordinator in twenty five.
Speaker 3: Go back twenty five, Bro, I'm gonna tell you this. If I'm a younger, I'm going with Caleb in them he's young. I'm just saying I'm rocking you. You you you going with Campbell? I mean I'm not going with Campbell. Yes, I'm gonna go the other way. You just said quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna go to I'm gonna go to it because I didn't like what happened, especially when they could have went to the super Bowl if he didn't play Russian roulette in the playoffs, going for fourth downs every time.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: You can't do that when they get deep into the when you're in the playoffs, dude, ain't ain't no making up for that.
Speaker 3: No, for sure, he could have made no. He that he was living living by the sword, down by the sword.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 3: I still like Campbell. I like the way that they was coaching over there. But now they got rid of the running back too. They lost Montgomery. I think Caleb it is going to be a star and that the Bears, the Bear is gonna be trouble.
Speaker 2: Oh from his last year, I believe he's gonnayeah, he's going to develop into something.
Speaker 1: They already they already doing.
Speaker 2: They already doing it in a in a in a super super supernatural way right now. But once he gets his consistency together and have a real grip on getting that thing there now with his ability to.
Speaker 1: Shake and bake on you stopping it's happening, you got you got being right there.
Speaker 2: But he just told you extraordinarily creative.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. He knows what's uping, man, Cale gonna be the future.
Speaker 1: I like it, man, I.
Speaker 2: Ain't gonna lie to you, bro. I just can't get over the painted nails, I say on debo, I'm just keeping the money.
Speaker 1: I just you know, I ain't gonna have it, but I just see it.
Speaker 3: I feel he's got ye. Just keep going the main thing, the main thing. Long seeing that thing, and he knows all the plays, all the adjustments, all of that shit. That's all that matters in between those lines. Coach, please you know, come out that Jon you know and doing it on time.
Speaker 1: Handling business, Please, time handling business.
Speaker 2: Better understanding of the offense, defense, better understanding everything.
Speaker 3: Dude, bro, Literally comfortable moving smooth, not like understanding being able to.
Speaker 2: Just don't just just don't be missing. No you know, no no, no, no practice time coming late for.
Speaker 3: None of that, none of that, none of that. I'm talking my first one in I'm thinking at the same time. I never I haven't heard anything about him, Like I know Caleb's pops and everything. He's in there, he's studying the tape. He knows what's going on. He wants to be the best. So like, I've never heard about anything about being late to any meetings, relate to any like obligations.
Speaker 1: He's in there, just at the nails, that's all. Bro. I know you was.
Speaker 2: I know you was because I you know I do my youn't even chewing on you don't have nails, this man, look at you just just don't even care.
Speaker 1: I'm biting. Yeah, I'm just I'm just biting. I used to.
Speaker 2: I used to get bored and just sit there and just chewing them. Yeah, you wild wild man. Debo then straight up, that's why you call debo man. I can't help it. I take, I take, and I take away the need to spend extra money. I told you, I gotta find a way, Joe, I ain't got it.
Speaker 3: You're just gonna do it yourself, just straight straight manicure eithertimes.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I even I even get to the cuticles.
Speaker 3: When they see that's savage. You are a savage, my brother. May that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Save over the years on on on not getting manicure for to bite my toes.
Speaker 1: But I can't. I can't you turny dog? Oh no, whatever?
Speaker 2: Can't see you see you with your leg out, toe up? Crazy man, bro, I honestly I used to be able to.
Speaker 1: I think I saw I think so I ain't that.
Speaker 3: No, Bro, you gotta tell me what age did you stop doing that?
Speaker 1: Oh man? I was.
Speaker 3: I had to be a kid man, Okay, I about to say you had when you had to be under double digits. You had to be at least guy at six five, because once you get thirteen year old depot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was young, man. I think I think I might've bit that to nail off one time. I had no I I ain't know how to use no fingernail clipper. So I bet I'm on bit that big toenail a one time.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I wasn't ready for that one. I'm just saying, bro, just saying, hey man, listen.
Speaker 2: Who who who uh he preferred, uh Buffalo, I mean sorry the Bears obviously.
Speaker 1: Yes, who would you like if you could come back right now? You still have to skill? Who would you? Who would you want to play for?
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna for me. I would want to play for the Lions. I would want to play for the Lions. I love the coach.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: I just I just love the way that he was the previous how he was a previous player, love his energy, love how he moves, you know. So I would probably want to play for that coach if it was me. But quarterback wise, I think kayl is the better quarterback. Okay, but I would definitely probably want to play for the Lions. I think I like him a little more.
Speaker 1: So. You're going, I'm a player coach kind of guy.
Speaker 2: I mean you're going you're going for the You're going for the coach that you like. Yeah, understandable, understandable.
Speaker 3: And golf and bad too that I mean that coach quarterback combo like you said, it's not bad. Oh yeah, your show you can't go wrong with and got Gibbs already out on the AFC North though, on you know the top this year?
Speaker 1: Who who you got coming out. Hold on who you got? Stop playing with me, bro.
Speaker 3: Who you got because we see we always doing it because nobody got the full rosters.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna know us. I don't need no for it. You already know what it is. The Stealers.
Speaker 2: I know the moves we done made. I know the moves y'all. Y'all done made. I know the moves some people ain't made. I know that some I know the moves some people can't make. And it ain't nobody that you go get. Right now, let's go change that in the first, second, third, fourth, different You're thinking that your your guy Andrew Berry can get something that's gonna change that, or one of those other teams.
Speaker 1: We need to get, we get.
Speaker 3: We go get two two dog receivers out of this draft. I'm talking about two dogs and another and then two more offensive linemen just for just for skill and depth. Were going to see no, no, I mean, I'm going with I'm going with I'm going with the Steelers. I'm going with the Steelers. And then second, I want to see what what we do with the receivers and are with with the rest of the receivers and offensive line because our defense is. Defense is what it is. But we're going to be gold. Our offense. We got to be able to score at least twenty four like that twenty twenty one, twenty four points a game. At least if we could do that, and our defense gonna be able to hold teams the under sixteen points. I like us to win a lot of games. So once we get.
Speaker 1: What do you call it, a lot of games? A lot of games?
Speaker 3: Okay, over ten ten We're gonna tell me ten and seven, ten and seven, ten to seven into seven while you going ten and seven is our record? Ten and seven, ten, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: But we have we have well we have five. That's doubling what we had left.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yeah, I'm what you what you're comparing it to that trash that y'all had this respective is everything coming in like.
Speaker 3: This year with yeah your door, with this good squad, we go ten and seven? Okay, So where does that put the Stellers, y'all? I mean we need I want to see who the quarterback is. But I'm saying right now eleven twelve, eleven, eleven to twelve, eleven and twelve wins, twelve wins.
Speaker 2: Two four six, twelve or five, Cincinnati Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Raving.
Speaker 2: I'll say maybe thirteen and maybe fourteen and three.
Speaker 3: See you Okay, No, that's not I'm gonna saying. I'm going I'm going twelve for the Steelers. I'm going ten for the Browns.
Speaker 1: So everybody else is in the basement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ravens probably what they eight? Eight, nine and set nine and seven?
Speaker 1: What's that? Eight? Nine and eight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, nine and eight and Bengals A sorry, seven wins seven, seven of wins?
Speaker 1: Six what six and eleven?
Speaker 2: You got seven with them? You got nine with them, ten with y'all and twelve with us.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Our division gonna be five, that's the thing we got. The Joe Burrow is not gonna be playing Lamar Jackson still Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna disrespect our division. Our division is nice. So that's why our that's why the Browns I'm looking at. We gotta be able to have offense. We gotta be able to put up some points. Our defense has always been in there with all the other AFC defenses. We in there every time, sometimes better. But we can't listen. Listen, listen for you go let me. If we can't score, then we can't win. So let's get us some offense to where oh man, whoa, we got thirty in the defense, Like, oh my god, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: We could really go out here and take off and get some more sacks.
Speaker 2: We don't have to then, but don't know we're getting We're going after them.
Speaker 1: We up, we gotta lead. I'm so lost on the wheeze right now.
Speaker 2: Listen, when I'm talking about the Browns, you jump on with me because you from Ohio, you lived in Ohio.
Speaker 1: We take it, just take it.
Speaker 3: Just let me go when you always and we go with that when we go with the Steelers, you know obviously I'm rocking, so I'll let you just were gonna.
Speaker 1: We're going, but when I'm going, let me flow. I just needed you to clarify the wieze. We is me you in my brows? Bright he say something else that ain't we okay?
Speaker 6: Us us Okay, I'll say us US, I'll say us, ain't I ain't part of that we So yeah, we'll know is that we'll know exactly.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's what I'm saying. Stiller's twelve Browns.
Speaker 2: Ten still as twelve Browns, Tencinnati.
Speaker 3: Seven and Cincinnati since Naty maybe Cincinnati maybe seven seven seven seven or six six or sister. It's a lot of wins, bro, that's not a lot of wins. It's a great division. It's gonna be competition.
Speaker 1: What's the division?
Speaker 3: The Stellers are going to win the division and the Browns are going to end up getting in by record.
Speaker 2: Smart man, smart man, mm hmm. That other part ain't too smart. But the first part, like I said, commisence ain't too common no more. But hey, even hey, even a blind dog, you know what I'm saying, he can find the meat. You know what I'm saying, do all that? Hey, listen because right twice a day, baby telling sunshine, Hey sunshine, every dog was asked once a while, I could keep going, you know, you know you I hit the I hit the exactly hit the records on point though, like just wait, remember y'all'd you heard it?
Speaker 1: Records? You heard it?
Speaker 3: Here still is twelve Browns, ten Ravens, what was it nine?
Speaker 1: Nine? Yep?
Speaker 3: And the Bengals seven or six.
Speaker 1: Seven or I give you sa I'll let you play with seven or six right there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Please, because I'm just trying to see where all these like the divisional records is gonna be.
Speaker 1: Something like it got it, Like that's that's why I had it. Yeah, because I had it last year. Old Look because you had the records last year.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't. I had what they did last year. Oh okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The predictions, they always thinking that people are gonna win more than they did, except for the Browns. They had us at foe when we went five and.
Speaker 2: Y'all and y'all win, we're gonna double it, y'all held up, y'all in the bargain.
Speaker 3: We're gonna double it this year though, good old ten because we're losing by extra points field goals, no.
Speaker 2: Telling, and y'all and y'all keeping Miles because y'all ain't traded.
Speaker 1: Keeping were keeping Miles until right now.
Speaker 3: He's still on the squad for show until somebody tries to come out there with something crazy, you know. Yeah, but right now we're going to with Miles, and we're gonna go draft those receivers and those linemen and gonna rock out.
Speaker 1: We don't need to get nobody.
Speaker 3: The defense, fine corners, fine safety's, fine linebackers, fine d line fine, because we can always get another interior d line. Okay maybe, but besides that offensive line receivers.
Speaker 1: Fire, then then you need tell where you had them.
Speaker 3: This no, this is what we have, all the other stuff, but we need receivers check and the and the old line.
Speaker 2: I'm just I was just I was just checking to tell you checking why we go we go going ahead and jump into this this super check right here, brother, we got deaf intail gang.
Speaker 1: You're what is that Canadian? Is that Canadian money?
Speaker 2: Somebody tell me, Oh, you know, I don't, Yesnadian money.
Speaker 1: That's Canadian money.
Speaker 2: That's Canadian money, which equates to I don't know, but I know it ain't. I know it ain't too much less because if it was paid sos, it might have been.
Speaker 1: We might have been paying and somebody thank you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So what they said, they said, Deebo, you ever come to Canada. I'm right across the river from Detroit windsor the real South Detroit. Oh, there ain't no South Detroit. That's just Canada.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's it. I have been to what part of Canada? Was I am? Oh? No, I was in It might have been Was it it Toronto? Because I know I specially have been Toronto.
Speaker 3: So love Toronto, beautiful, clean as an No one went to the Raptors versus Calves.
Speaker 1: It was another one too, though another.
Speaker 2: I actually see somebody up there and it's a one of my therapy people I see up there.
Speaker 1: Oh man, where is it? I would have to look at? Is it Calgary?
Speaker 2: I've been to Calgary too, Okay, been to Calgary in Toronto.
Speaker 3: All the people I meet from Canada been super nice always yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think I stayed at the Marriott super Bowl forty. Super Bowl forty was in Canada. No, it's in Detroit, so you look at you're looking at Canada. Oh, stayed on the river across the across that, you know, Detroit River. Okay, okay, okay, Covenant Life see back five out yes, Joe, Yeah, you have Friday coming to life. I need to know where you was at. We ain't used to not seeing you, Joe. Yo fancy he's his sacks dropped to seven point zero? What are we missing on the tape? That still makes him a nightmare for dvs, for dbs who for defenses covered heat?
Speaker 1: He didn't how many?
Speaker 3: How many games did he play last year?
Speaker 1: Yeah? TJ.
Speaker 3: The DV I'm saying, but TJ, how many games did he play last year?
Speaker 2: Debo Like, well, you gotta realize he also came back earlier than they expected from that prompt lump. Yeah, I don't know if he was one hundred percent anyway. Uh did he do something earlier in the season. Did you have something happened earlier in this season?
Speaker 3: I think so, we just you We just did this year. This is what I'm saying. You got to give him a little bit of a benefit of the doubt. It's like, it's we got seven seven I.
Speaker 1: Think lost me. Maybe she's talking about old tackles. He got all the moves.
Speaker 3: He comes off the ball super fast, he got he got it all. He can bend, he got hands like he's explosive off the ball. Still TJ is still adult. It's just when he's we just need him to be out there sixteen games. When he's on the field, every time he produces, he's going to make something happen. He's going to make a force fumble, he's going to better pass down, he's going to create a sack. Tjy every time he's on the field. He's going to make an impact, especially when he's healthy, So I would just want to give him.
Speaker 1: A little bit of benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 3: At thousand percent, seven sacks isn't what we look for when we look at TJ.
Speaker 1: But let's give him.
Speaker 3: We don't need seven sacks two years in a row while he's out there sixteen games. If TJ's out there sixteen games, and hopefully let's hope he does, because now it gets to the point where you are making forty million dollars a year, it is what have you done for me lately? Last year was seven and a half. Cool teacher, we know it is what it is. This year, obviously, come back out there, do what you gotta do. Be a game changer, game record like I know that you can be because making that that's what it applies, you know what I'm saying. So it's tough to every single year just do it that. But right now, down here, one time now this year, if TJ's not giving us those numbers, now we can really have that conversation, you know what I'm saying. But I'm expecting him to come out there, play the season, in all the games and just watch he's going to get picks, he's going to have force fumbles, he's going to have double digit sacks. And that's just what you get when you get t. J. Watt on the field for shore for show. Joe Brown suck at Brown. Saw Man, go ahead, what are you talking about the Brown?
Speaker 1: No, that's just that's.
Speaker 2: It, said pac Man, looking like George Clinton. Brown said, came again with dollars, he said, James, you called the current defense trash in their alignment. Is that a lack of talent on the field, or have the modern NFL rules just made your brand of football impossible to play? My comment of trash was their actual play, and yes, it was scheme alignment assignment, like we don't know what we're looking at out there, and as far where guys are supposed to feel because of how guys are playing or or not playing being taught not taught schematically, like are you feeling where you're supposed to because we're seeing guys and two guys. We're also seeing guys that just are obviously getting you know, pushed back into people, and then we have guys that looks like they're filling the wrong gap. So it looks schematically that it was just incorrect, And I know the alignment assignment things were not the same as what they were when I played Hell.
Speaker 1: I don't even think they were the same as when you played Joe.
Speaker 2: So looking at that, it's just not even you know, nine two, it's just you know what I'm saying, like, I'm used to looking at something different, and we'll actually have a chance to possibly talk to someone who knows what that defense actually looks like, and they have trouble sorting through just looking at it through play because of how much of.
Speaker 1: It has changed. And you can't change a defense that.
Speaker 2: Is structured a certain way, because when you change the defense, you change the roles and positions of the players and all that, and you open up other gaps.
Speaker 1: Every defense, just like every offense, has one weakness.
Speaker 2: When you try and cover that one weakness, you open up multiple other weaknesses, and you know, spots where your defense can be hurt. And I think that's what we were dealing with a lot of in the last year or two.
Speaker 1: I think you want to look at it both way.
Speaker 3: When you're saying trash like sometimes they just weren't playing well, and then sometimes like you were saying, people being in two gaps, What is the system? What is really going on? So I think it's a little bit of both. We know the players that we had out there, they're good enough, So we're just looking at the tape wanting to know. You got to be in your when you say alignment, simon technique, being your spot when you're supposed to be there, have your eyes on the right place. So a lot of that stuff is some of that individual have you been coached? So we're gonna we're just gonna be watching every week to see what I feel like the.
Speaker 1: Players can make the plays. You just got to be able.
Speaker 3: To do what every place because they have because they could be seen them do it before.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, coven to.
Speaker 2: Like fired out, She said James after the one hundred yard return in the Super Bowl. Was that forty three most guys would be at the club. Is it true that you were back in the gym at six am the next day? That is not true that I was back in the gym at six am the next day, but the day after because you stay there and I just wanted I wanted to remember this one, to be honest with you. So the first one that I wont listen, I ain't gonna catch you. I don't remember getting off the bus. I got I got on the bus and somebody handed me a bottle or something, and I don't remember getting off the bus.
Speaker 1: I had family, Joe.
Speaker 2: I had family come down that drove because it was at Detroit. They came down and I guess they kicked it with me. I guess we went to casino, we did all that, you know, and they kicked it with me all night and got up the next morning and my mom and dad like, hey you da da da da. I'm like, who your brother and sister da da dah. They came down and I'm like, no.
Speaker 1: They didn't. I ain't see him.
Speaker 2: So that was back when you had to wait for the film to you know, like they developed, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So they had a little character dude.
Speaker 2: Film got developed and I'm like, oh my god, I'm sitting there like yay, heyd out of it, out of it on and I was like, yo, if I win another one, I'm not I'm not drinking.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that. I want to remember.
Speaker 2: So I did not. I did not drink. I wasn't at the gym. But after we got home, I did get to the gym the next day, though, for sure coming to no sorry Brown suck It's back five dollars said hey, uh Brown's uh hey, he said hey. Covenant Life asked Joe the same question, what did he do after the Stellers one?
Speaker 1: Joe, what did you do after the Stellers one? What?
Speaker 2: What do I do this after Stealers one? What he's talking about?
Speaker 1: The super Bowl? We won it? What did you do after we won? What was you What was you doing?
Speaker 3: I don't I wasn't a part of the Stealers organization or nothing like that, So I don't even I was just chilling. I think I might have been out in I don't. I don't even remember where I was at. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a celebration for you. I mean I did.
Speaker 3: This was before I even just before I played, you know, So I was just like you.
Speaker 2: Just stopped your your your was overweight in January and you didn't even you didn't even know. I wasn't played after after after December, the end of December, digit I.
Speaker 3: Wasn't even in the but I wasn't in the snow.
Speaker 1: I didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say, you finally found out that it was football played after December. At the end of December in twenty seventeen, that's when you found out, right, No.
Speaker 4: Funny man, debo, funny guy, funny guy.
Speaker 1: No, I knew it was football.
Speaker 3: I was watching, y'all, or wherever was at Miami in the off season, or California somewhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was like backt that, she said. Why don't Browns fans ever have to worry about their kids running away from home to join the Oh? Wow, she said, because they already spend every Sunday watching a group of clowns try to handle a football.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, covet it? Okay, covet it. Oh, she's funny that.
Speaker 2: Hold up, hold up back again, hold hold up back again.
Speaker 1: Ha ha, twenty bucks, Joe. She fired me up for the just go ahead, she.
Speaker 2: Said, James, why did Ocho stop trying to bribe the rest with the dollar?
Speaker 1: Why? What do you think, she said?
Speaker 2: Why did Ocho stop trying to bribe the rest with a dollar? I don't know, she said, because he realized that if he really wanted to see a flag, all he had to do was staying within five feet of you. While they were greeting a quarterback. Nope, sow about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, while I was greeting the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Oh, while you were greeting the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they flagged the ball. They flagged the dog pissed out of here.
Speaker 3: They dead because you was leading with that, leading with your own.
Speaker 2: No, bro, did you hit too hard? If you hit too hard, you're gonna get a flag. You will get a flag. That's what it was. You gotta realize, man.
Speaker 3: No, for sure, for sure if it looks if it looks too bad.
Speaker 2: Listen, dude, they were trying to trying to get out of that lassuit.
Speaker 1: They knew was coming up. That's what it was. Man. They're trying to protect their money, man, because prior to that they making the big hits videos on it.
Speaker 2: You got jacked all that other stuff, backed up, yes, backed up all that, Like, come on, man, the picture of me popping him.
Speaker 1: They had it up already selling it. They don't took it down after I said something about it. That's it. Yep, right, you was out there heating brown Suck, cat brown Suck. I'm just telling you the names you.
Speaker 2: I guess that's how many times y'all just read went over the career of y'all organization. Ten dollars said, I enjoy the show so much, but these damn ads are out of control. By the way Stellers his skip, by the way the Stellers.
Speaker 1: We'll be get.
Speaker 2: We'll be going to the playoffs this year and we will have number seven with Will Howard.
Speaker 1: M M. But I'm I'm not what do you think of that? What do you think of that? Joe?
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at it. I'm not mad at it. I like, I like, we'll come out there and give us. Look and if Will comes out of defense, come and give us with the defense is known to be able to give us.
Speaker 2: We gotta we got a damn good shot of getting shoven.
Speaker 3: Team bro, the players, the names, everybody got to go out there and perform like we got. Like if you just looked at it on paper, paper looks amazing, then we just need like we said that quarterback if it was a rod in there. And I think this team that we have is better than the team that we had last.
Speaker 2: Year on like just far as filling up, as far as cornerback.
Speaker 1: Save on paper.
Speaker 2: So if out there, I think I think I think we have a better group all around.
Speaker 1: I think we have a better group all around.
Speaker 3: So if you go out there and everybody goes out there and performs to the level, everybody does the best of their job what they can do, not asking nobody go out there and do above and beyond what we believed that they can do or what we've seen them do before. Like everybody goes out there and locks in, plays on their thing, plays complimentary football, special team football.
Speaker 1: You're going to be. You're going to be taught the right things. You're going to be. Everybody's going to be teaching the same thing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've always been in the mix, So you know what I'm saying now, it's like, get over the edge. Those games that you lose by a little no, we find a way to win those games. And that's how you get to that fourteen and three. You know what I'm saying, Like it's not difficult. Yeah, yeah, come to light back again. Ten dollars.
Speaker 2: She said, I missed y'all because I had a physical That's why she Okay, she said I watched the replay and James leave Joe's children alone, But she also said Joe caught them up. But I am for the baby Sons team that Stillers.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you. You know it's still us. She did say, okay, the Stillers team. Okay, both teams. I got two teams. My boy man son was born in the land.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm just saying, bro, she know who she fol We got we got another one right here, Canada back daf Intel game. You're twenty seven nine, getting.
Speaker 1: Love it, Joe.
Speaker 2: One of my buddies is a diehard Browns fan, and I'm obviously on the good side. Yes, sir, you are obviously on the good side. And when we signed you in seventeen, he was sad you left but happy for you because he said they did you dirty.
Speaker 3: Please tell you it's okay to be a stiller. Wow, it is, it is. I appreciate you. It is okay. It is okay to be a brown It is okay to be a still It's not yes, it is yes, it is. It's okay to be a stiller. Hey, y'all all welcome me in there. It's okay, y'all welcoming Brown. Hey, it's essential to be a stealer. You would have never knew what it felt like.
Speaker 5: You would have went your whole career, and you would have had nothing, nothing but the Browns to remember. You would have had nothing, You would have had no feel You would have knew nothing about what legacy is.
Speaker 2: You would have knew nothing about Oh, don't do that. I do no legacy of losing. Oh gosh, you would have never even seen on that Bardy in person. You got to walk by, just walk by in your facility. Legendary, a legacy, legacy.
Speaker 1: It just sucks. I didn't get to, you know what.
Speaker 3: I didn't get to bring one to either squad, so it didn't matter. Those are other people's trophies. Those are your trophies. Those are Joe Green's trophies, you know. So I wasn't able to bring one to Cleveland. I wasn't able to bring one in Pittsburgh. I'm out there walk I'm out there play pimping, walking by y'alls trophies.
Speaker 1: So get out of here, DBO. Don't want to hear, don't want to hear. I'm already. You know I'm trying.
Speaker 2: You know, you would have never knew what it felt like to actually be like yo, oh, we got a chance of winning the super Bowl every year? You know what it feels like to say it, you know what it feels like to say it, but actually be there when it's time that the group is made.
Speaker 1: That's go going.
Speaker 3: You know what it was, You know what it was because I was so freaking good in college that I had to get drafted to a team that wasn't as good yet. So when you go first round, seventh pick, sometimes you can't go to the best teams yet.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I was trying to go.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. That's why I think that's really understand That's why.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's why I made sure that I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna go to a smaller school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't draft and go to the best team ever.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be drafted to be there, so I know why, because I want to go. Well, they're already good organization that I know know how to do it. Not a team that you was drafted by that still can't do it, ain't never did it, and will never be able to do it. Okay, you know Okay, yeah, Joe, you could have played there thirty years and it still wouldn't have did it. Huh, It's still it still wouldn't have made no difference. Joe unit man. But you know it, two dollars.
Speaker 1: Takes a team. When you say, Joe, it takes team.
Speaker 2: It takes a team. But y'all don't know how to build one. Over there in Cleveland. He's trying right now, hopefully they're trying.
Speaker 1: No, he's not.
Speaker 4: He been.
Speaker 1: We already went over there. Aaron Barry started, he started tripping. He back there. He and McDonald's he might do.
Speaker 3: He just talking to me. He just don't talk. He's talking talking about Todd Simpson. Man, don't talk about Tis Simpson. We already got the quarterback spot right now.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You was talking about the receivers.
Speaker 3: I'm happy talking about the tackles, Okay, talking about defensive lineman. Okay, yes, let's do it. Why are we talking about quarterback right now?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, man, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, dude, we got you in a twenty five ten two dollars said, do you think we need to move ninety a round more? I don't think we need to move ninety a round more. I honestly just think the whole scheme of what we were doing. Dude was just so often so changed. Like said I was saying before, like when you go and you change a defense and you have a guy doing something that he doesn't do anymore. Now, I'm gonna keep it. Listen, We're go get the ball on here. Okay, What'm saying? Okay, so we're gonna get Dick lu ball on here. I was trying to hold it back, but we go get him on here.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: But what you got to understand is this defense right here, it gives a certain look. Now as long as you keep that look, you got three or four other defense that look exactly the same. But it's different people coming in different responsibilities. Now, if I change what one person is doing, I lose the effect of these three other defenses. Now they can tell them apart. We started changing stuff, and what is Dick lea Bow's defense. You can't do that, so you lose the threat of certain things. So if you go and change him around, you're not doing anything but letting them know that he's gonna like rush from this other side because it's not defense.
Speaker 1: Is where he's going to be on that side.
Speaker 2: When I would switch sides, dickl Bow had to were three other defenses where I would be on that side doing something totally different from what the one is that they wanted me on that side for.
Speaker 1: Yes, So we lost a lot of that in that in that process. Look, let me tell you this.
Speaker 3: Let me get back to you keep on talking about the Browns legacy. How about I keep on Jim Brown. We did win a championship in sixty four, So you gotta just I don't care.
Speaker 2: It's not even called a super Bowl, It's called a championship. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I said super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I don't care. You just gotta put I just gotta say that, Okay, you gotta say that Brown disrespect, yes, because we just can't disrespect.
Speaker 1: Okay, just can't disbect Jim Brown.
Speaker 2: I mean the Lions World three won three world championships then too.
Speaker 1: So but look, you know what, talk about it and the legacy ended. Okay, listen, listen.
Speaker 2: Barry couldn't even get one Coldest couldn't even get one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, for sure, couldn't even get one. And that's what I'm telling you, though.
Speaker 3: Do you think that do you think Matthew Stafford, prime example, he was in there the whole time dodging and dealing, doing what he had to do for the lines. Do you really think that it was just because of Matthew Stafford didn't win a championship. Soon he go to the Rams team organization. He's doing his one eleventh championship. Like it's hard to win championships. There are amazing talents, Barry Sanders, like you said, Calvin, without one, all of all of all the Buffalo Bills that went there.
Speaker 2: Jim Kelly went there in a row smacked so de Boat feel honored that.
Speaker 3: You was on the team with all the amazing players with you alongside you, the amazing coaches, the a mazing staff, the amazing owner.
Speaker 1: To tell you this took everything. Hey, it could be done.
Speaker 2: Time is up, Time is up, man, I'm good, I'm one on this show. Two three it was. It was done by the Chief to mister Rooney, old man to to Art.
Speaker 1: Now, Hey, you know next, little Dan he gonna be after that, bab Yeah, Little Dan on the way. I love little Dan.
Speaker 2: Little Dan and little Dana hit every part, and little Dan have been everywhere. Stop playing with me, man, Look here, man, we got we got, we got, we got two more.
Speaker 1: We gonna hit through real quick. Okay, we got.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, we got we got Chip one. We got Chip. Is that it's Chip? I think it's Chip. It's say h one, P. I want to say it's Chip. Deebo and Joe. If you had to build a seventeen to no defense with current and retired players, what would you want on that squad?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: Who what I want on that squad? Listen, I'm just gonna have to tell you we got have to come back on that one. That's that's that's more than that's more time than we got.
Speaker 3: That's the segment I want to run that. We can run that said.
Speaker 2: We're running that back. We'll running that back. We'll get to y'all on that one tomorrow and come to life. Hit us back again. Ten dollars? Do you do?
Speaker 1: Y'all? Cut? What do? What y'all have? Y'all have cut up till I cut up today. I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to apply to drive the golf cart for Tiger.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, see that's what I'm going.
Speaker 2: To apply to drive the golf cart for Tiger Wood. Was Joe come down to the Masters and helped me root for my boy Brison the Shambau shamblow the shambau, the chamblow shams bric into shamblo.
Speaker 3: Brighton to Shambeau is a professional golfer. That's nice ass hell depo. And he's probably might try to go win the Masters. Probably, I think you might think he's won it before, big time YouTuber, great golfer. I follow Brison to Shambau. I'm gonna be watching for Shure and Tiger Woods.
Speaker 1: Tiger be able to play. Brother? Did you not just see Tiger Woods just flip his whip? They say he ain't hurt herself.
Speaker 3: So just what I'm telling you, man, this, I love Tiger. Sad you Tiger, you got too much dough. You gotta just get a driver. You got to you got to it. Don't need my man Tiger out here. Everybody wants Tiger to win for sure. And then this just flipping the car. It's a lot of cars.
Speaker 1: Listen me, bro, you ain't You don't need to be behind a wheel, That's what I'm saying. Here's a plane, if you have a plane, right, you flipping lip like you flipping whips? Left?
Speaker 2: You got too much paper like I don't know what it is. I know I'm a type of person. I like to drive myself. I like to drive myself. That's what I'm saying. But you gotta know, if you can't drive, I'm gonna let somebody else drive. I tell you, you know what, Joe, I take it back. I'm the type of person that I would let somebody go driving. I just don't want to face for it. But the kind of money Tiger got, I wouldn't drive Tiger Woods. That's why Joe don't drive. Joe don't drive. But out out there, I had to look. This is what I'm saying. People like today, you had a driver, Go ahead, tell me you had a driver. Come all the way out to Cali. I did have a driver. I did have a driver. And that's because every time. Sometimes it was for my kids, sometimes I was for family.
Speaker 3: But ever I went out and went to the golf course, I knew I was gonna have a couple of beverages with my friends, So why would I even risk.
Speaker 1: Just if you ever gonna drink, you can. People can get ubers all that, But like you don't like ubers, I don't mind. I don't mind the uber.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, the ubers are getting expensive ubers one hundred and fifty. He said he want to drive because of privacy concerns. I understand that. But what you go and do is you go and get you up NDA. Yes, you get you an n DA and you get you something that roll up, lock up the end of it, whatever that is, I don't know. Unless you just a little standing whoever you with.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But my thing is get get you, get you, get you a nine disclosure agreement and keep it moving like that, and that you ain't got a homeboy that you trust. You know what I'm saying, Like I'm gonna hire my ag boone com for I go and just out here reckless.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, and you can have a twenty four to seven. I'm talking about twenty four to seven driver on command.
Speaker 2: Dude, that money he got, I've got a twenty four seven drive if I had that kind of joke.
Speaker 1: And I ain't.
Speaker 2: Cooking, I ain't eating leftovers. I'm being like Tom Brady, shot, I ain't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: They don't even know where the microwave, they don't even know how, they don't even know what it is to warm up food. No word, Tom said. He ain't warmed up, no food like seven eight years a leftover?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Yes, brother, I'm all I eat moving they move and grooving, vibe and sliding in a different type of level.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Listen, hey, we over over over. We want to thank you guys for joining us on this episode of.
Speaker 1: D BO and Joe.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you like subscribing download where you get your show.
Speaker 1: Joe, yes her, look here, man, be back here tomorrow. Y'all.
Speaker 2: Hear what Joe saying that we're gonna talk about that seventeen to Oh what would our defense look like?
Speaker 1: Current?
Speaker 3: Are we talking about stealers or we're talking about browns? Are we talking about NFL overalls stellers?
Speaker 1: All right? Fact?
Speaker 2: Why am I gonna go get somebody else when the greatest players in the world are stillers?
Speaker 3: Okay, Now I got some browns that can go in the list. Who I'm gonna I'm gonna give you my dang?
Speaker 1: All right? All right, we go get back to We're go get back. We got we go get to it. Man tomorrow, heytime, same place, coach? All right, all right? What we are