Speaker 1: The voice of Louisa. You know b Clark's Entertainment, Please.
Speaker 2: SAMs, Rick Butcher's Show with Speed, Greg Butchers, Eddie Van Adler and Rick.
Speaker 3: Let's go about.
Speaker 4: A Yellow Creek Tesaalosa, Alabama, met America.
Speaker 3: Helps Ready, Pensacola.
Speaker 4: Ready, a Tennessee truck driver say hey, I'm with you, roll bighead shock Lock get ready Charlestown, Indiana.
Speaker 3: Zash but the Music City says, where he attem the Rocket City, Huntsville, Alabama. Where he is U A W in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the auto workers are in Baby.
Speaker 3: Anniston Army Depot in the Rocket in Jacksonville, Alabama?
Speaker 5: Is in?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 3: Bob time?
Speaker 4: Ricks makeup artist at the seven hundred Club is in.
Speaker 3: Thankfully Today's z K is here in.
Speaker 4: Dallas, Texas is here and hotwa we see you in Mississippi.
Speaker 3: Glad you're here. Auburn, Alabama. Are Mucci?
Speaker 4: Georgia's and run Davenport, Kentucky, Crestline Elementary, Geneva, Alabama. Somewhere in Arkansas, Zach the trash Man, I knew you were there, Brother.
Speaker 3: Another hour, Another day, Another.
Speaker 4: Rick Burgess show, Speedy, Greg Adler, you already know they're here. Ken Osborne told you that. So we've got a lot to unpack on the program today. I will go ahead and send out a warning because there's two groups of people on part of the show today. You're gonna it's You're gonna be it's it's gonna be intense. Now if you are like Greg and you are like me, and Adler seems to kind of vacilct somewhere in between on second hand embarrassment, Greg and I can't get enough of it anything that would make Speedy uncomfortable. Are all those that struggle with secondhand in embarrassment. I can't see it or hear it enough. Right, Adler, we're you want it? Does it bother you? Do you enjoy it? Are you just saying I don't really get bothered by it? But I don't really enjoyed either. Where are you on that?
Speaker 6: It's it's the context. It's it's case by case, Okay.
Speaker 4: So yeah, some really bother you.
Speaker 6: Some really bother me okay, and some I want to soak it in like a sponge.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So it's all according to how it's presented. Yes, Speedy, tough day for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm really not paying attention right now. I'm just acting like it's not happening. Okay.
Speaker 4: So Speedy has a brother of second hand embarrassment. His name is Andy Blanks. You've heard about him many back during the Rick and Bubby years. He would be on from time to time. We started the Man Church, a lot of you started hearing about Andy because he kind of oversees the curriculum and making sure it gets published, make sure all the study guides are done.
Speaker 3: He's been in youth.
Speaker 4: Ministry for a long long time and then got into men's ministry. Still goes out and speaks for both Men's ministry and youth camps and all that. Uh and great teacher, but he really really struggles, uh with secondhand embarrassment. He may have it worse than Speedy.
Speaker 7: It's a small community, uh And and those that have it. If you don't know, you just don't know. But those that know, you understand how we feel. And you're you're in the you're in the community with us, and and Andy and I, uh, you know, we don't. It's kind of like with Greg, you know, he claims some of his awareness.
Speaker 3: It's a curse.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: It's not fun having it. Please don't think that we enjoy it. You can enjoy a lot of things, live shows, people to come, getting up, making speeches, awkward moments. I don't know what that's like to enjoy that, Andy, I don't because I get nervous for suddenly you morph yourself into you're that person and you feel the way they either should feel or are feeling, but you're not. I could be at a show on the fourth row with my wife just sitting there, nobody's not thinking of me, and somebody's on stage struggling, and I feel like I'm then them, and you know, it's just the darnest thing.
Speaker 3: And he's there.
Speaker 4: He'll he'll even do things like he ranks them, and he says any he said, improvtu singing is a level five. He says, like at a family assumption, a funeral church. Yes, he said, those are all level five. Uh, he said, national anthems are level five.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Performance, and so you have you have different different I guess areas of this. You have performances like Rick just said, and then you have over in another category awkward moments, you know, like which may be my favorite. Yeah, you're like like social awkwardness like today today yeah, like I'm putting those put in a handle, and you see a situation breaking out in a grocery store, in a parking lot and wherever, and at a church, and y'all both lean in and go, I see, I want to leave the room.
Speaker 3: So anyway, And he had joke jokes that go bad. Yeah, all that understanding.
Speaker 7: Misunderstanding, Oh yes, misunderstanding, Yes, understanding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when someone is completely wrong at least to some type of conflict. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like the Three's company that the sitcom, how they would always they would overhear something, one would think one thing and it's not what's happening.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: I meant to bring this up to y'all, and I didn't know what to do. I really didn't. You talk about a social situation that it's not really in this category, but you just reminded me of it, of a of a what should I do? And all right, So this happened at one of the airports over the last wherever I've been in the last several days. So there is you know, women will tend to when they're gonna fly because it is so miserable. Sometimes women will go just comfort. Okay, I do I try to be in as comfortable clothing as possible because of the misery you're about to be in. M and these were these were yoga time pants. But yet that that you were wearing. No, no, no, I didn't. No, no, I did wear those on the other leg when I this one.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 4: But this woman and she had a couple of kids with her. She was traveling, God lover she was, she was not, she was not lean seeing a few of those and so there was you know, those those were struggling those tights, that that that bag was full. Okay, I was. I was asked since I was in Texas by the person it was these two people less Bradford you've heard this week and Andy Blanks because I want to make him uncomfortable. Guys, what do I do in this situation? And they were asked, is are you facing something as big as the state of Texas where you are? And I said no, but easily Montana and uh and so and this is gonna bother you? I think, speedy, I guess I've miss caculated this. This might bother you. So she's dealing with her kids and she's bending over and you know when people are sitting at their point they'll just bend over, and that we're in right in your face.
Speaker 3: And so she's.
Speaker 4: Bending over dealing with something, and I realized, you can't help it that her pants are torn in the back. Oh no, she's got a hold in the by saying this bothers me. Yeah, And and unfortunately she decided to wear I guess big girl thoone and and and she not know that the back had a hole in it. And it had a hole in it. About about this, I'm doing the the size of a nickel, about a nickel? And and I and I was texting. I said, do I say something?
Speaker 3: No, No, you don't say that.
Speaker 4: No, Well, what you want if you had a hole in your pants that everybody could see?
Speaker 6: You know, if that's your role in this situation, let me tell you what you do.
Speaker 4: Why would you really think that, well, maybe she could go in the bathroom and put another pair of pants on her something. What you get it out of her bag? Rick? What you do is you withdraw and sit back and watch other people as they notice it.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 7: And me, you get up and you leave and like you got to go back, but you really don't.
Speaker 9: So that would bother you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you just leave the area.
Speaker 4: I dropped back into it, you know, Oh, fall back position, Greg, You're you go back and cover three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm just watching. Okay, I got the deep third. Golly, it's tough.
Speaker 4: So I didn't say anything, And I just think about how many people.
Speaker 3: For the rest of that trip. A lot of peop deal with it. So nobody thinks I should have said something. Now and you say, ma'am, you know you have a hole in your pants. No, you wouldn't do that.
Speaker 4: That have to come from her husband, somebody traveling with, not a stranger, not a male telling.
Speaker 7: A female how you got a hole in your If I was looking at.
Speaker 3: Your buddy, you have a hole.
Speaker 1: It couldn't help me. Is the Rick Burgess show boy.
Speaker 4: I'm excited about this. You know I'm starting to get a little handier. Well, I started a little more handiwork around the house. And I want to talk to all of you that are hardworking folks like me about brunt. Now, I'm gonna go ahead and tell you this. We've all been through this hunting, We've been through this working.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, when you have work boots on, are doing a little work, you know, wherever and let's face it, they're not. They're not very comfortable.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know sometimes you just struggle with with you know, blisters and you have to break them in. Well, not anymore. Uh, let me tell you. They're Marin boots. These are lightweight, waterproof, slip slip and oil resistant. Uh. Somehow with all these benefits, still very comfortable, like wearing you know, an old pair of you know, just your your sneakers. There's no break in time, no blisters. As I said that, the boots are built for real work and built the last over half a million people have made the switch and not surprised. And look, they don't just make a durable work boot, they've reinvented comfort for the hardest working folks out there. For a limited time, you get ten dollars off at brunt by its b r U n T by using the code Rick at checkout. So if you want want to see this incredible array of working gear, go to brunt workgear dot com. You're gonna love this. Use the code rick and you're all set even better. Brunt lets you try all their products own the job and all their products have free shipping. Now after the purchase, they're gonna ask you where you heard about it. So support our show. Okay, tell them we sent you. You're ready for God to get the best that you're gonna love this stuff. Brunt workwear dot com and you use the code Rick. And by the way, you're welcome.
Speaker 9: The man who was.
Speaker 1: Old enough to point out that there is no such thing as dog years. Dogs just don't live as long as humans birches.
Speaker 4: Here we go, brand new day. Thanks for being with US America. We got a lot to cover on the program today. You'll be included via phone calls. Hey bird, Hey Burd's got emails today? Topics things you're asking about. I hope, I hope that you're not in need of help from a US tax shield. But if you are, and Rick, how do I know if I am? Well, if you owe the IRS ten thousand dollars or more in back taxes, or you have unfiled tax returns, the largest collection agency in the country is the I R S. So get your financial future back under control. Sleep you know at night, and get this off of your table. It's bothering you in a little black cloud hanging over you. Well, why don't don't go out there on your own? But go to US tax Shield. Better Business Bureau gives them a n A plus. Okay, they have great reviews. Why don't you call one eight hundred seven six nine seven three four zero One eight hundred seven six nine seven three four zero also their information and that phone number is at Rick Burgess show dot com. Right there under the sponsors. There's new laws that may allow them to negotiate a settlement for the lowest amount possible. The government wants to solve this problem, believe it or not, as much.
Speaker 3: As you do.
Speaker 4: So get it done and use the experts at US tax Shield. So sad, sad, sad, sad.
Speaker 3: Story.
Speaker 4: Hate when there's something sad, But I know that as you as you're starting your day to day, you'll see it. Apparently just while the show is, you know, in real time, we've had a commercial plane crash involving a plane leaving India.
Speaker 9: Was that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: London bound plane Boeing seven eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's Boeing again.
Speaker 7: About five minute it's after the reports are that coming out of India. About five minutes after takeoff it went down in a residential area. You're seeing at least two hundred and forty four on board.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's footage.
Speaker 6: You can see. It's just not flying right, it's just low, low, low over a residential.
Speaker 3: Area and some made your failure there. Yeah, yep, Wills, the.
Speaker 6: Wheels, wheels are down. He's trying to go up. He's trying to point it up, but it is not going he or she, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there is man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh you know Boeing, they're just they're they're p their pr right now. It just didn't very good. And so so there we go. And so that's just breaking news right now. So yeah, so you're going to you're gonna have that in breaking news today. Sad, sad. You hate to even report that, but I know a lot of you probably are going to start reaching out asking if we can, if we've seen it or not.
Speaker 3: So so thank you for updating us. And we do have that story.
Speaker 6: Uh, and we're getting footage of everything now because everybody has a phone in here.
Speaker 3: Oh you're right, yeah, you see it.
Speaker 6: Here there's the tail section of the plane hanging off the edge of a building and the crowd below is just standing around with their phones up in there because they can't believe it. There's a plane hanging off them.
Speaker 4: Good grief, man.
Speaker 6: So it's a big old wheel. I mean, you forget how big it is until you see it a person next to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and as all of you pointed out there, it is even you know, after the tragedy, that piece of the plane that was still intact. You can see that the landing gear never came up, right, Yeah, right right.
Speaker 7: So so it's almost I don't know, I don't know, it's almost like he was or she with the landing gear still down where theyre going, Hey, let's try to land back down.
Speaker 3: We can't. We can't get up in the air. I don't know. And that's sad it is.
Speaker 6: But two hundred and forty two passengers were on board. It is a y'all might have already said this A seven eighty seven.
Speaker 11: Yes, that's a that's your big boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, if you're doing international, you know you're not going to see small planes. Yeah, I mean, that's that's that's always gonna be a big plane because of the distance and.
Speaker 3: The room needed for the you know, for people to fly that long. Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: So so just just hate it. I just hate hate when those stories come in. But but there we go so other other things that are going on today that are much lighter. I walk to the studio today and when I come in, Speedy and Greg are informing me that Aaron Rodgers is already being a drama queen and yep, the Steelers might be surprised. Yeah, yeah, this is not what I expected to hear. Aaron Rodgers says he's excited to start his new journey with the Pittsburgh Steelers, but he's already complaining his complaint. He hates his helmet.
Speaker 3: You know, we just.
Speaker 4: Commented that he kind of wears almost I say throwback, not really, but yeah, a lot of the helmets have come a long way.
Speaker 3: He's not in one of the newer ones. He must prefer the old type. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looked like he had it in the picture I saw. Yeah, it evidently it's not the one he wanted. Well, I think the problem is what we're going to find here. He got the face mask he wanted. He's still doing the old school chin strap, but the helmet itself is going to have to be whichever brand the team has to deal with. He says, I can't stand the helmet. He said, I'm no longer allowed to wear the is it Shut sc Hutt model that he usually sport it throughout his career. He said, I wore that brand for twenty years and now for some reason, the NFL has decided, okay, not just the Steelers, that it didn't pass the safety standard. Okay, so they don't have the one he's normally. That's as close as they can get. The wife feed back, I don't know same, so so anyway, Yeah, the.
Speaker 6: His helmet is his. His Packers helmet is very smooth, like an egg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the same with the Jets.
Speaker 6: And then this, uh, this Steelers helmet, it's got like fence and slits up top and.
Speaker 3: All that that.
Speaker 7: That would be a tough one of the mark because I mean, you want the latest in technology because of the safety features I'm sure they offer, but you know, I think as a as an NFL guy, you want that helmet feeling good and looking good and all that.
Speaker 4: Helmets have evolved, and the particular one he used to wear is no longer on that list.
Speaker 3: Yeah they yeah, they just continued it. Then am I saying that brand? Right?
Speaker 4: Is it shut?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He wore the air XP pro Q eleven l T D.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: When I was coaching in the league football. That's what all their helmets were, so basically wearing little him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just kidding. They've always made yeah, And.
Speaker 4: He said in that and when he was still wearing it for the Jets, only Joe Flacco, uh, Thomas more Stead and Nick Folk had it on. Nobody else in them. But with that own, do you just not like the way it looks? Because if you own you, I mean you you you shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Didn't a big difference. You didn't like it.
Speaker 6: Maybe the padding is in a different alignment in that alone, and after wearing a helmet, it's probably he's probably got padding, you know, trenches in his head from all where it pushes on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know, by the way, there's these streamers that play video games for hours and hours and they wear these headsets because it's that you know, that's how you get talking here and all that stuff. When you're streaming and there's streamer head they're shaving their head and realizing they have a divot in the top of their head where their headphone. I think I think ours are It's like our band is thicker. Some of these gaming headsets are kind of trying to be cool and fancy and it's a thin band on top and they've got a trench on the top of their head.
Speaker 4: Sod by the way, his uh his, his new wife still remains a mystery. They say, you still won't tell them about who she is. And and their said, he also wants the old helmet she does.
Speaker 3: So he uh he said.
Speaker 4: The NFL says safety is the top priority, and the new helmet technology gets developed, older models are becoming obsolete. You can't wear it, so they say, he's going to have to just get acclimated to the new year.
Speaker 3: The bottom of the hour, we'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. They are the uncles your parents warned you about the Rick Burgish Show.
Speaker 3: About in America, loving it. Thanks for being with us today. Lots to discuss.
Speaker 4: Yesterday's Wednesday Bible study Are God is now available if you missed it yesterday, Job chapter seventeen, I think, uh, that's available today on our YouTube channel and our podcast channel. Of course it was out, you know, about an hour after we were done. But if you didn't catch it, just a little reminder for you today.
Speaker 3: Okay, so.
Speaker 4: Look, we've we've been clear and yeah, you have to watch the Burgess Brothers, because sometimes if we're negative on something, we'll forget and be negative about it, even when you're talking about somebody's early death and that brings up Brian Wilson. Oh yeah, okay, we're all on record ad. I'm sorry you too that we're not all that crazy about the Beach Boy catalog.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: I appreciate what they did and they're extremely talented, but I'm just I just don't sit down and listen to them. I thought you weren't big on beach music.
Speaker 11: I'm not big on Jim.
Speaker 4: This is sur from you there. It is didn't want to say it, and you just said it. You want to go ahead and get a George straight line in.
Speaker 6: If if the song says something about toes in the sand that my toes better be in the sand, I'm probably not going to listen to it.
Speaker 4: What about and you listened to the Beach Boys when you're not at the beach, Well, it's good in USA.
Speaker 3: It's good kid music, good kid music. Bro Gibson was considered to be a genius. Yes it was, He's like one of the most but it's up beat out there.
Speaker 7: When did I never gave them enough. Uh, when did that documentary come out? We talked about it.
Speaker 4: Then there was a movie I watched like it was a series, and you know his dad was a handle.
Speaker 7: This was the documentary about how how you know they had something going and then that that style was kind of dying down and they kind of revamped, you know how how I mean their music, the band, everything, and then they focus more on writing.
Speaker 4: And you talking about the documentary on what many people believe in all genres of music as far as just genius and you're speaking about the album pet Sounds, it's great. That's when Brian Wilson went off in the studio and created things.
Speaker 3: They never came back. Remember, he wouldn't tour what.
Speaker 7: You're talking would be amazed how many songs they wrote, though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he was.
Speaker 4: He was the genius behind the great harmony.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 3: He was the driving great harmonies.
Speaker 4: And hey, don't forget he was deaf in one ear because his old man slapped on inside the head Beethoven. Can I can I jump into that for a minute, because guys, let's just think about it. It's the norm. There's a lot of super successful people who had really crap evil dads, who drove them, but they drove them to success. Now they all ended up being mentally, you know, scarred by Michael. Yeah, they scarred their kids. But they do get their kids into very successful careers.
Speaker 11: They do, I mean kids do well very financially. They're not mentally, not.
Speaker 4: Mentally, not spiritually, no matter of fact. It destroys their real life. But while they're professional, wow.
Speaker 11: The bank account for a while there, looks.
Speaker 4: Right, they basically end up losing their minds. Extremely wealthy. Yes, and that thing I saw, I say, I think I've seen the documentary in the movie or a series, whatever it was. He just got so obsessed with everything being perfect. Yes, and he remember he wouldn't leave his house and yeah the wait, oh yeah, lay in the bed. As a matter of fact, to me, he kept piping out them songs to me, just the look. I don't mean anything about music, but the look to me, Brian Wilson when everybody was very concerned about him, and Jim Morrison, when everybody was very concerned about him, they looked exactly the same. They put on all that weight, they grew very long beards. Yeah you know, you know, and so you could throw in there too.
Speaker 3: Just without.
Speaker 6: Remember, boy was he swollen?
Speaker 4: Their dad sowed their catalog for like five hundred thousand and ended up being worth so much. Well, just like you remember, I came back from when I went to see you know, my oldest son and began dollar quartet. I mean Sam Phil Ups sold Elvis to r C A because he was just in a buying for forty grand only. I think r C got the better end of the Yeah, now that was that was you know, fifties forty grand Yeah, I mean, but still right, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: But well, a lot of songs.
Speaker 9: No, a lot.
Speaker 4: I just don't like the beach world of them. Now do I like good vibrations?
Speaker 6: It's a great song.
Speaker 3: It is it is.
Speaker 12: Us.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't it be nice? It's not too bad? Cocomo No, I hate Cocobo. Cocomo. Yes, I would go get it. I would kill Cocobo.
Speaker 3: That was a lake that was late because it was to that Tom Cruise movie. I hate that song.
Speaker 4: I mean the worst one though, Rick in the it's a Downers.
Speaker 11: That's another kind of weird down It's.
Speaker 3: Weird, that's it. Brian wanted just to feel weird. Yes, I will say this.
Speaker 7: You know there's a lot of art as they come out with their Christmas songs and they can't quite pull it off. And then there's some that it's like, Okay, that's just part of part of your Christmas. You're going to walk into somewhere at Beach Boys Christmas, they kind of pulled a lot of those songs off.
Speaker 6: Yes they did.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 6: Rich.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but good Oh no, I'm sorry. You walk into it.
Speaker 11: Rick looks like he smelled something bad.
Speaker 3: I know, but it just is what it is.
Speaker 4: I mean, I forgot.
Speaker 6: They slap the Beach Boys slapped.
Speaker 3: Don't like it? What's that mean? You just sing it like, I mean, you're smiling.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, I'm not listening to Beach Boys Christmas music.
Speaker 3: Oh look the album cover. We're at the beach, but we have Santa hats on.
Speaker 7: No no, I said, I said, you walk into a store and they're on in the in the in the house music, and just like that's just part of it.
Speaker 4: They're going to be in the rotation, textingation, reminding us if you look at the true history, Charles Manson helped them write some songs.
Speaker 11: There's a little bit of that.
Speaker 3: He's in there. It did happen?
Speaker 4: Him and Dennis hung out for a little bit. That probably not not you talk about being in this was the handle. Oh yeah, Dennis, of course he was the coolest one there. Yeah, there was by farther could don't forget. He had a song he sang what I think it was a hit? It was, and the women went nuts because he was the only one that looked like, hey, maybe he could he could be fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the rest of them a little geeky. Yeah, he was hanging out with Charles Manson.
Speaker 4: Probably not a good, not good about an inner circle of friends. But Dennis was around it, but not a good, not a good, not good at picking friends. And he drown I think in the ocean. Thanks Greg, Thank Yeah, you're ok.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 4: I don't think Charles man does anything to do with it. He drowned, No indirectly, Greg, Yeah, yeah, Greg, he was the surfer.
Speaker 6: Maybe he was thirty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks Greg.
Speaker 6: That's how old I am, by the way.
Speaker 4: But that document he was singing bar on the.
Speaker 3: There there was foot of him singing from behind the kit that whatever hit.
Speaker 4: That was end. Remember he also would go out front and singing and they one of the other boys would sit down behind the kit, they could do it.
Speaker 11: All was it was it forever riversong. I don't know love remember me.
Speaker 3: We don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 11: Okay, Sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: It wasn't about Bob. Okay, good that all day?
Speaker 11: How about good Vibrations?
Speaker 3: Is this just great song? Are we okay? Are we okay?
Speaker 4: With the two daughters that came out of the Beach Boys, Wilson Phillips. Actually only Wilson Phillips was from the Mama's Innapas. How about this year on American Idol, her daughter tried out, made it to Hollywood.
Speaker 3: We didn't get past.
Speaker 6: That, Okay, didn't know that about Wilson Phillips.
Speaker 3: Didn't know.
Speaker 6: I didn't know about the Beach Boys.
Speaker 3: Connection to Wills part is from Mama's in Napapas well.
Speaker 11: Hold on for one more, Dad, You.
Speaker 4: Know why you didn't know that because you didn't like the Beach Boys, even though you're pretending to.
Speaker 6: Now, No, no, it's honestly it is good kid music. I wouldn't listen to it by myself. I'd listen to like some cool and Pantera.
Speaker 3: I appreciate what they've done.
Speaker 4: I mean, of course, now now that they had no they had no issue, They had no issue with tampering with the memories. Oh no, no, especially especially the least talented cousin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a lead singer.
Speaker 6: This one one still alive. It's Wilson's Phillips music video. It's so bad. They're like on a mountain.
Speaker 4: Don't have the Phillips part ride. It's a guy from the Mama's in the Pope.
Speaker 11: It's exactly right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh wow, John something just Phillips something like that.
Speaker 3: Did you just call him Papa?
Speaker 11: Did not know Wilson Phillips is a NEPO band.
Speaker 3: What does that even mean?
Speaker 6: Nepotism, neo baby.
Speaker 3: Child kind of like getting the job here? Oh I got it.
Speaker 6: Nepotism. Yeah, yeah, if you're like Tom Hanks his son is a NEPO kid or whatever, like that's a that's an internet term. Yeah, I've heard of it, and e p O as a nepotism.
Speaker 4: What if they actually were really talented?
Speaker 6: Your parents are famous, It's it's hard to get get that NEPO label off of you. If if you if your parents are famous and you go into the same field.
Speaker 4: Well, here's what I noticed with most of that other than and the Lakers. That's the only exception is that many times NEPO kid and many times the parents get them the opportunity, but ultimately they survive, whether they're any good or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the end, that's yeah, I may get an early shot that I talk about. I talk about that all the time.
Speaker 4: I say, hey, with friends or family, I'll say I might can help get you an interview, but I can't get you at the job. You're gonna have to be good enough to get the job.
Speaker 6: Eventually it catches up to you. Yeah, you might even get a couple of big roles. You've seen that, but then it's like they're not that good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Brian Wilson music icon, I don't I don't dispute that. Brilliant in many ways, little off as is the norm, and of course overbearing father who scarred him. Music icon pretty pretty much the same thing you hear about every successful brothers or sisters group. There's always the overbearing parent that scars him for life. But they're radically success. But the results but in life that really Yeah, Yeah, he died. I said what started this was talking.
Speaker 6: I didn't realize that.
Speaker 11: I missed it was the whole second.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that's why we're I thought we were just talking about the beatles of the Beach Boys.
Speaker 4: Are the fact?
Speaker 3: The fact serious? Wow, he's dead dead at eighty two?
Speaker 11: Yes, he's changes this entire conversation.
Speaker 6: You didn't know that was You thought we were talking about the Beach Boys and in beach music.
Speaker 7: Now you're really going like did you were you concerned why we brought them up?
Speaker 6: If you talk about the most I mean we talked about we were talking about random stuff all the time on this show.
Speaker 3: But the lead sentence was Brian Wilson, Dad at eighty two.
Speaker 6: I was googling something. Okay, maybe I know I was working this sound. I was pulling the sound down.
Speaker 3: By the way, he's trying to make himself fit, by the way. This whole conversation had no idea.
Speaker 4: When it comes to worship bands, Are you an EPO kid?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, absolutely absolutely yes. And I've had to shed that reputation.
Speaker 3: You know, good if your dad.
Speaker 4: Got you well, you tried to shed that reputation aways. Maybe that weren't a good idea. Yeah, it's okay. Your your parents are actually wonderful people.
Speaker 3: Be more like them.
Speaker 11: This is about who that's true. It's about Brian Wilson being daddy.
Speaker 6: Y'all didn't know that the news.
Speaker 3: By the way, you have his beard.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Let me take a moment to talk to all you out there that are trying to look out for Dad. Coming up this weekend. Hey wives, Hey children, Father's Days here. If you're still scrambling for a gift, don't worry. Well, okay, listen, we got you. Forget the last minute grill, gadget or coffee. Mug Dad prefers to buy those for himself because he has He likes it the way he likes it. What your husband and your dad really wants is something that speaks to who he is and a world that seems to just continue to run down masculinity, traditional values, and fatherhood. It needs a place that still has his back, and that's Blaze TV. That's where they come in. It's where unapologetic conservative voices call out that nonsense and stand up for what's right faith, family freedom. Right now, you can grab the Father's Day Special thirty dollars off an annual subscription when you use the code Dad Dad thirty This week only it's fast, it's easy, you don't have to wrap. It actually mean something. So if you still giftless, this is your moment to win Father's Day. Think of it as peace of mind. Think of it as firepower for his convictions. So skip the predictable gifts that Dad has to put on a fake face about this Father's Day. Give him something that actually matters. Go to BlazeTV dot com slash Rick and use our code Dad thirty to grab the deal and remind him that he's not alone.
Speaker 1: Come on, this is what Trump had in mind. He sought to make America great again, the Rick Budget Show.
Speaker 9: Here we go, America.
Speaker 4: Thank you for being with us as we're enjoying another day together. All right, So a couple of things to update you own from Texas Nations out of Missouri. Did y'all mention the Republicans destroyed the Democrats and the congressional baseball game last night. They say softball game. It's not a softball game. They actually played baseball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's an annual game there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thirteen to two.
Speaker 3: I mean it wouldn't have been a contest. Thirteen to two.
Speaker 7: I tuned over and saw some of that just happened upon it. I was flipping through and I stopped, and of course I had to watch some of them, and.
Speaker 11: How's their gameplay?
Speaker 3: Not good?
Speaker 7: No, the Republicans, you know, they they had their make America Great Again red hats on USA across their Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, the DMS looked all that they wear the Mexican flag.
Speaker 9: Yeah really.
Speaker 3: They were really.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it really wasn't even a contest that they destroyed them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it looks like that.
Speaker 6: Take that you live risted liberals.
Speaker 4: Well for GP, thing wasn't necessary. Okay, looking at the story too, it ties in said. The majority of Democrats. Now, these are people in our country, you know, we're always always it's interesting that there's actually still Democrats, but there are a majority of Democrats give a thumbs down to their leaders in Congress. Yeah, and most Democrats disapprove of how their parties lawmakers in Congress are handling their jobs. According to a new National Pope, Well that I agree, because if you are a Democrat, the direction that these leaders are taking your party right now, uh you're yeah, you got to get a handle on that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I find my suf in a dilemma because I mean, if we if y'all keep doing this, we're going to keep winning. So I guess I should just be quiet. But but but but they the people don't seem to agree with the direction of even their own party, and they're not very good at baseball.
Speaker 3: They are not Uh.
Speaker 4: Colorado's Dion Sanders assuring fans I'm all right amid health concerns. Uh, he said, thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I am on the mend.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: For some reason, he won't tell us what's wrong with him, and that's only adding to this. What will we know first, what's wrong with Dion Sanders' health or who Aaron Rodgers is married to?
Speaker 3: What's on y'all?
Speaker 9: We get it?
Speaker 3: Probably his health probably Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so he says, I'm blessed for the abundance of well wishes, for thoughts and all your prayers. Big caps three times. He says, thank you. I can assure you all that everything's okay and I and it will continue to be.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 4: God got me, He like no weather. I have so much more work to do to glorify God. So please believe God got me. Okay got him? Yeah, he said, he'll be back at home. He has got it, Yeah, he said. He I'm just using his quote says he'll be back home.
Speaker 13: But he's got him like he has got his back, Greg, not like God got me.
Speaker 11: Like, oh, not like God got me?
Speaker 3: Right, that's what's wrong.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, like Nepo brother has Ris back.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go, I said, his staff, team and all associated with the program. I look forward to being back in Bolder. We'll keep you updated on everything until then. I'm coming back baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So he says that, and.
Speaker 4: Of course we already told you that your door said he's feeling better. So I don't know, it just seems like and it's not. I guess it's none of our business. But you know, if you want people to stop speculating, just simply say, hey, I'm okay, I had I went, I traveled and picked up a you know, a parasite, or hey my my wacky foot has gone downhill again.
Speaker 7: And you know, I've noticed that some people they don't like to talk about what they're struggling with. They just might say, hey, I don't I don't feel well and I'm fine, but they don't like to really divulge a lot of that. And now we all love that text Nation in a good one, Greg, And I'm surprised you hadn't brought this up now that all of his sons have left Colorado? Is this his way of getting out of having to go back?
Speaker 4: I'm says, yeah, you got all you got now? Is the social media son?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 4: And apparently I'm not sure that he played much ball, but there you go. But very talented young man here. I didn't did y'all even know that arena football was still a thing?
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 4: Is it still a thing? Pro Football Hall of Famer Tim Brown sixteen years with the Raiders organization, with the team when it was in Los Angeles and then back to Oakland. Nine year Pro bowler, he's still without a ring. He's one of the greatest receivers of all time. One ninety four catches, fourteen nine and thirty three yards, one hundred touchdowns. So anyway, he says that there is a rule from the arena ball that he would he would embrace for the NFL. No, but I don't understand. Brown now serves as the chairman and commission of the Arenta League. Okay, okay, so they're still playing, you know, six teams they have left seven on seven, and he said, if we could get rid of kickers in the NFL, I think that would be a positive. Oh, we have no kicking in our league and getting rid of kickers. I owned an arent of team years ago, and kicking was the worst part of the game. Obviously, the polls were narrow. It made it very difficult for the guys. But the game is better because it really slowed the game down and no one wanted.
Speaker 3: To see it.
Speaker 4: We needed fast paced games and uh they you know, we throw the ball a lot, and every time we had to kick something, it just bogged the game down and the fan and the fans hate it and don't care about it. So he said, if he could get the NFL to do it, we would just do away with kicking all together.
Speaker 3: And then look at all the kickers faces.
Speaker 4: Not not the other kickers. I don't think we'd be for them since they all make a lot of.
Speaker 3: Take kicking game out. I get done.
Speaker 7: No kickoff, no every Well, just think about it.
Speaker 4: We're basically gonna outlaw kicking anyway. As far as kickoffs that we're going to get down to. All that's left is extra points and field goals.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Uh got a punch. Oh yeah, but you have sooner or later that'll be too dangerous. Yeah, am I right? The UFL didn't do p a ts as far as kicking, now, you know you have to you have to get one. Yeah, yeah, So I don't know. I mean, I've never been a fan of the kicking element of the game. I don't. That's kind of sometimes when it's down, there's no time on the clock and you got along, I mean, you know, if you But then sometimes you kind of think, okay, so we as a defense because these kickers are getting so good. We we we kept, we held you at midfield and you still beat us. You had a kicker kicking three.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that's that's too so.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so I hear what he's saying. But also I hate to say this. Of all the things in kicking, I mean, the last minute field go you love, but punting to me, it's so crucial because it's all about field position, you know.
Speaker 3: So, but but Tim Brown said he'd get ready kicking. Top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show you.
Speaker 14: All gotta find.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the world The Rick Purchase.
Speaker 4: All right America, A brand new hour, brand new day. Thanks for being with us still to come. On today's program, we explore the world again of second hand embarrassment, what it's like for those who suffer with it, how enjoyable is for those of us that love to hear these stories that make them grotesquely uncomfortable. Andy Blanks joins us next hour, he has a story from the field of second hand embarrassment. Okay, so, do have a couple of things that I think we can discuss to get this hour started. And they come out of they come out of Hayburgess, a couple of doozies.
Speaker 9: Couple of doozies.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your emails.
Speaker 4: If you want to be considered to be on the show, you got to put hate Birge hay Burge in there. And if you want to remain anonymous, make sure that, I mean, you can't tell me enough this email or has told me I'm gonna do one out of then I'll get to that one. I would like to remain anonymous and this person, but that means don't say their name. They put that. They put that big and bold right there at the top. Okay, so that that was easy for me to see. You know, I was trying to do a little better. Yesterday, Birge, I went to try a new gym, got my workout done, went to the locker room.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to do a little better.
Speaker 4: They have lockers with combination locks built in the locker. You set the code, then you close it like a hotel safe. I went to get a shower and was getting things out of the locker, and as I was taking the workout clothes off and getting things for my shower, my elbow accidentally closed the locker and apparently twisted the lock, now changing the combination. Oh no, I put my combination in nothing. So there I am with nothing on but a pair of sandals.
Speaker 3: Close locked in.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, I have no way of contacting the front desk. Oh you're naked. I'm just stuck here naked. I had to wait for someone else to walk in. That was working out also, I just had to wait and then there I stand, naked, and I awkwardly asked them if they could go to the front desk for me to get a key to open the locker. I think this is the definition of being in a buye. I mean, you can't even have your clothes. He can't have nothing that would be awful. I mean that would be awful.
Speaker 3: To me.
Speaker 4: So his phone's in there, The rest of he needs to cover himself is in there. All his guid is him showers. So you don't get you you know that nasty fungus in a in a public shower. He's just standing there going with now because I can't walk out into the gym. Say I can't get my com I gotta wait on it. Just a person, and think about that poor person. They didn't want to.
Speaker 3: A good person talking to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, say I don't know what hey before he before you say anything. I know I'm naked, I'm not creepy. I can't get back in my locker. I know just if you could help me, I can't walk out there. Right when that comes into Just for the person's sake, do you turn around, because it seems like usually the backside is less offensive than the front side. Talk over your shoulder to them. Man, I'm stuck here. You know you don't you don't want to give him frontel.
Speaker 7: I think I got I think I got one leg up. I think I think.
Speaker 4: I'm like one leg Yeah, yeah, I'm on the bench like this. I'm like, ah, he didn't have a towel or anything.
Speaker 3: Apparently not.
Speaker 7: You got to try to find a towel something, or maybe it was hanging in there and he, just like you said, he accidentally hit it.
Speaker 4: Well, I was taking work so he came out and they're now sweaty. I guess you could put them back on. I was taking workout clothes off and getting things for the shower. So I guess the tower we had got locked in the Yeah, you're right, though, I go to the little towel dispenser and grab about a foot of it.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 4: Let's say everything's locked but the towel. Would you put the towel around yourself and walk out in the middle of the place.
Speaker 3: I would, I think, yeah, I think about it.
Speaker 4: I would like to have a little bit of about Craig showing I stick my head out and go hello, Do you cover your face?
Speaker 11: Do you cover your body?
Speaker 6: Cause you could just walk out, cover your face, walk out, and nobody knows.
Speaker 3: Is you sure?
Speaker 9: Who was it?
Speaker 3: We don't know?
Speaker 4: Right face was covered, we can identify and if you can get us a naked bitch trip.
Speaker 11: You did have a Roy Arbison tattoo.
Speaker 4: I don't know, won't hurt her from the from the dumbest criminals ever. Uh, this comes h from Haybird. Hey Burge, Uh, I want you to look at this. They send me this post. Addlers got it from someone called Uh it looks like from Tim Smith. Okay, and uh and everybody's sitting us around. So multie camera was stolen. Look, yes it my game camera was holding from our property in Mount Olive, walking their dogs on my property. These people, they took the camera home, set it up in their bedroom.
Speaker 3: Easy.
Speaker 4: We have been getting tons of pictures because these idiots have no idea. Every picture they take is sent to my phone. If you know these people, I want my camera back and more or more problems with these bandits and their dogs. So they're getting on his property. Look, they steal his game camera and they don't realize and they're playing with it and they don't realize that everything they're taking is now going to his phone.
Speaker 3: He sees them.
Speaker 11: Multi mobile look yeah, so hey looking good?
Speaker 4: Hey looking good. Let me tell you something. If they keep using that in their bedroom, watch out. This guy is gonna have a case for being traumatized. Spaghett Nobody wants to see mom and Thatt Skeetty Stroup.
Speaker 3: What do they do? Oh that's a dog. Now that's a dog. Now they're taking picture.
Speaker 4: Night vision and they're walking these dogs on his property with no permission. They still his game camera. Don't realize every picture is going back to They've got you. I mean, so if any of you know who these idiots are, uh, we need to get we need to get Tim his uh his camera back.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you multi Mobile for that info. Please look on the wall behind them they have that saying this like life is not about the amount of breasts we take for the amount of moments to take.
Speaker 11: Our breath away. And I just love the fact that you can see that in their house.
Speaker 4: Well, I love the fact. I mean they have something like that. But I guess somewhere along the way they said, but stealing is cool.
Speaker 9: But let's do that.
Speaker 3: It's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And look, these cameras are not inexpensive.
Speaker 11: No, and y'all are too old to be fooling around that. Did I steal key chain?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: I was. Element learns I beat you to it, great because I knew you were going to bring it up.
Speaker 13: But my goodness, I learned my lesson whole year, Hey bird, Hey Burge, I need clarification on the left lane.
Speaker 4: I do not stay in the left lane. I was driving the left lane and was going five over the speed limit and was passing cars. But there was a small gap between the cars and was going and it was going faster and faster than the cars in the right lane. Then a car came up really fast behind me and quickly passed me in the right lane, cut in behind me, you know, to the right. He found a gap and cut me off getting back in the left lane, then put his arm out the window and motion for me to get over in the right lane. My question is was I wrong? Since I was passing cars, I was going to get over after passing the slower cars.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: If you're still got momentum and you're passing cars and right now that everybody that you could get over behind is going slower than you, you're free to be out there. Yeah you're passing. Yeah, keep rolling to it. Now, once you get to the part where there's no more cars, get over. Was that you that came up on them?
Speaker 3: No? No, but I saw you do.
Speaker 7: I can understand this. I think if what what the way he described it is there in the right lane, there might have been a really big gap, and he went ahead and stayed because because he is going to end up catching up.
Speaker 3: But instead he could have.
Speaker 7: Just like, would you just gap, slide over for like five seconds, and then come right back and then pass the guy.
Speaker 3: On the right.
Speaker 4: Pay attention to your rearview mirror. Yeah, if somebody's going faster than you and you've got a gap, get in the gap, get back out past.
Speaker 7: If you Technically, the guy probably was a little bit impatient, you know, and I would have worked itself out. But I get what he's saying, because you never know why somebody's driving fast. They might have an emergency or something. That's what great things.
Speaker 4: As much as I want to be sympathetic to our to our listener there, I could see myself being that.
Speaker 3: Other car if there's a large gaps. You know, I.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't motion or anything like that, but you might. I might, But no, I only motion to the really slow people that are defiantly out. Yeah, yeah, but I don't. This is just one of those things where he said, I'm gonna stay out here to I get all the way past the scurry cars. The guy behind you said, I don't like our pace. You had a chance to get on and let me buy then you can get back out and pass the rest of them. Right, And if the gap was big enough, he probably should have done that. Yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 7: Because it don't take but a couple of seconds and you.
Speaker 4: Get right back.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we'll be back.
Speaker 4: We've got more to do today, and then we'll keep you updated on the stories of the day still to come. We'll walk into the second hand embarrassment community and we'll get a story, right, I know.
Speaker 3: And it's gonna be a time for speedy.
Speaker 4: I think more of the Rick Burgess Show coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, simply outworking the competition.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 4: But there we go, America, hanging out, spending time together again, loving every.
Speaker 3: Second of it. Okay, uh hey dudes, hey.
Speaker 4: Do.
Speaker 3: Everybody listen up. Let's just let's get real for a second. Okay.
Speaker 4: Men and women are equal but beautifully distinct. And let's face it, men, we'll stink.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: And and and there there's showers. There's a lot of things. Yeah, and a lot of you you know how we say with the manchurch dot com you can't reach and disciple men using resources designed for women and children.
Speaker 3: How about this.
Speaker 4: You can't keep a man fresh and smelling good with products that are designed for women. Just can't do it. Uh, So Shopmando dot com. Uh look it's we got to the box they sent us.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: We are loving these products. Uh some great products. Have been been using them since we got them. And let me tell you if do you really detra trust your deodorant? You ever get about maybe half six into the day and you're like that that didn't hold up.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, most of us out there are choosing a brand type of deodorant, you know, and you're like, how man, all right, that's my brand. I'm gonna use that for right I still use right Guard, you know, for good or bad. But most of these deodorants just do not work if you have an active lifestyle, they just don't work. But now we have Manda, so we're ready. Yeah, and and how about how about Mando tackles odors from from your head to your toe. Greg, I'll just leave it at that. Science based formula pH optimize capable of blocking odors before they ever even start. Yep, you know a lot of these dedorance you got out there, guys, masking odor, it's all it's doing, and then of course it might might neutralize them after they form. But this stuff is powered by mandelic as to the baby, and it's clinically proven to work all day long. So so you're gonna love this. I'm talking about head to Toe. Why don't you go right now? If you don't like it during sixty days, you're going to they'll refund, smell better longer men. Head to Toe twenty percent off site wide with a code big vox or go to Shopmando dot com. You also get free shipping recap twenty percent off sitewide Shopmando dot com code big vox and free shipping. There's also a link at Rick Burgess show dot com right there under the sponsor's button. All right, so we have more things to discuss. We're even going to get the audience involve. We needy' all to help us with something, and we'll touch on that probably post blanks and when we talk about the uncomfortable subject that he has to share with us today and the fact that he was put in this situation just means the world.
Speaker 7: To be Yeah, and we're getting I'm getting emails. I don't know if y'all are, but I guess because I suffer from secondhand people are reaching out to me and this one and it'll remain anonymous. Says thank you for talking about secondhand embarrassment this morning.
Speaker 3: I thought it was just me.
Speaker 7: And then they went in to talk about some stuff going on, says I am sixty nine now and still struggle with it, and us breaking it down a little bit more in depth than we normally do today, They're like, hey, thank you for just openly talking about it because a lot of us suffer from it, and I know something we enjoy.
Speaker 4: Right, and people like Greg and me and then Adler kind of like say, can sometimes go either way, but Greg and I don't help because we love this kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, the minute that Andy told me this story, I demanded to come on the show. He doesn't want to come on the show and talk about this, no, but he he you know, I told him, I said, well, I mean, if you got to bring something to the show. And this is one of the things that I don't think people understand about being friends with us. If you develop any kind of partnership with us, any kind of friendship with us. You may not know it, but you're unofficially you know how you times none of us read the fine print. We just click I agree, just so we can get.
Speaker 3: Whatever we have done.
Speaker 4: You've clicked, I agree, and you don't know it, but you now are paragraph I've never get through. I'm committed to so many things I have no idea. Uh, but that this means that when you become part of our world, there's five big hours waiting on us Monday through Friday, and not not to even that's not even counting all the stuff we do for the YouTube channel, podcast channel. I mean we we crank out a tremendous amount of content, content, content content, so we need it and we're looking for it everywhere. And if you come into our world, then you're one of the places will look. And I even had somebody if the closer people get to me as a friend, they learn guarded, they'll go, well, they'll do this. This is not feir. Do you cannot talk about this on there now? You don't tell me that? Yeah, then I think there's a possibility, and that really takes us back to the old days.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because that's I mean, we lived our lives out on the air, and we always have, but now it's a Terry even says that, you know, careful, you know, talking to one of the suns careful.
Speaker 4: He'll say anything. Oh yeah, you know. Oh you have your kids text you and go dad? Did you talk about that on the show?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Nobody gave me a red light?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like I have something on JC that I want to talk about so bad, but I can't. Oh no, so he's already given you you you can't. Yeah, I think it would be a little awkward.
Speaker 4: So I had somebody on the text Nation ask us about what scent of mando? Okay, okay, So here's one that I really like right here, and of course Adlerie loves it because it's aluminum free seventy two hour odor control.
Speaker 3: This is just a deodorant.
Speaker 4: I think I can reapply before seventy's just saying anything, it would work. Yeah, So let me tell you what's right here. And this is the one that Greg raved about. So I started trying, and it's good. This is the scent Mount Fuji.
Speaker 3: Yeah it can't be Mount Mount Fuji and the now bourbon leather. Yeah, you like that? Like pro sports?
Speaker 4: Greg totally misunderstood the the bourbon bourbon. I was eating it like a pop singer. I don't want to bring this up. I don't because he's gonna think I'm ganging up on it. But I'm sure the whole story, this thing that people, I'd never understood what they meant when they were saying speedy with his th h s.
Speaker 3: But I finally heard it.
Speaker 9: You did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before the story he said they want to thank you. He said, I've never heard it because I've been defending him, but I've never heard it. But I actually just heard it from started that here. Yes, when he started about woman the email, he said, they said they want to thank you. Think I never understood he said thank, So I thought I thought it was thank you, thank you, thank thank.
Speaker 3: I never understood what they were thank There must be every time it's like the because you're just playing wrong, you've never even noticed it? Thank Is that what it's like? Swank?
Speaker 7: Thank thank thank you, thank you?
Speaker 4: Okay, I missed saying I was getting thank you. I thought thank That's what I thought. So am I supposed to spit on everybody. I'm just saying everywhere.
Speaker 3: Good with it. It's not that noticable. But I'm just saying I can't wait. Didn't know, we didn't know it. We never heard people were talking. But you're not in on this. You've never heard it.
Speaker 11: I think you're cool.
Speaker 3: You've been with me, how long we've been together. I never heard it.
Speaker 9: I never years, I've never heard it.
Speaker 3: I can't bring it up, and I've never heard it till just now.
Speaker 9: I heard it.
Speaker 11: I heard it for years and years and years.
Speaker 3: But it's not a big deal. It's not a big look I have. But I think you're not a friend. I thought we were workplace.
Speaker 15: Thank You're awesome. I think you're the best. Okay, you can't and I'm special.
Speaker 3: Hey, I think they're woven together. I'm not saying thankful, this is here, great, thank you, Coach Burgess, thank you, bop saying this is it's not a big deal. Can they can rob me because they can't say thank you? That didn't happen. That what you're gonna say?
Speaker 1: Sorry, this is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table? Call no and get on the show. One Hey, d K six big.
Speaker 4: Bugs, America's your turn. All ten lines are available. We've got a lot already out on the table. If you miss any part of the show, catch the Daily Archives on the YouTube or podcast channel. Yesterday's Bible study is a new something new. They're on the YouTube channel today. Also four episodes of our new podcast Strange Encounters, and also five episodes of our new series Tales from the Camp House, all to enjoy there in the daily Archive. Also available for you a best of our on Blaze TV, and then our podcast channel on the audio side also has all these things available except for Tales from the Camp House, but everything else you can get. All right, So we go unscreenphone calls.
Speaker 9: And the is there.
Speaker 4: You think you might want to talk to Hoby and see if he can't work on it with you and work on what the tch you're getting to see if he can. I wonder if Hoby's noticed it. Can you say can you say thick?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 4: Like something is thick?
Speaker 9: Thick?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What are you looking for?
Speaker 4: We're just testing times. Okay, it's not all. And if you think about thank you, you can say thank you. It's just when you're off the cuff, thank you.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thank you. I want to thanks everybody, thank you.
Speaker 7: You don't say that on the move, got me tongue or you said thanks, it's a year over doing it.
Speaker 3: You're gon with fun like mush mouth.
Speaker 4: Rick Burgers showed unscreened phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you talking about ad or not wearing aluming them? Uh, we're a loving a free deodorant. I found out you can get two times out yonder where if you turn them inside out a loan. You ain't got no brown streaks?
Speaker 3: All right, thank you.
Speaker 11: God has nothing to do with me.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Buddy.
Speaker 6: Is aluminum free man?
Speaker 3: Yes it is? We got it. We got got that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Rick Burgers show screen phone calls, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, got it?
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 17: How y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 3: We're we're wide home every day. Buddy, Hey, I hear you. Hey.
Speaker 17: I had a couple of questions for Adler.
Speaker 16: The first one is how did he get the Eddie van and his name from y'all?
Speaker 17: And uh, how come he's the only one that goes by his last name?
Speaker 3: I was just curious, okay, all right, so well just that was.
Speaker 6: My when I interned. I actually this is a carryover from when I interned.
Speaker 11: Back in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 6: By the way, almost twenty years ago that I interned and I had really long hair back then, and you guys were doing the nickname thing on the air, and it was down to Joe Dirt or Eddie van Adler Joe Dirt and that's a playoff of Eddie van Halen, and it just worked, Eddie van Adler, It just flowed. And I'm thankful that it actually has my real name in it of any kind. People think my name is Eddie, but that's fine, that's totally fine.
Speaker 4: But you but you you played guitar too. That played into it, the fact, the fact that you could tread.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And as far as the last name, you know how it is with guys. I mean, some guys you called by their last name. Some guys you called by a nickname. And the reason why, honestly, if we if Greg and I didn't have the same last name, one of us would be called Burgess or birds like Star. The only reason why Greg and I go by our first names is because we have the same last name.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 4: But if we didn't, say Greg had it, it was a different, different last name, and I was still Burgess. Rick would probably go away at some point and they just be called me. But because of the same name, Because most guys are either called their friends by a nickname or their last name. They don't call them by their first name much. And Speedy, you know, of course that nicknames went around forever. So uh we continue unscreen phone calls. Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Hey, I think I have a solution for Speedy's speech impediment about.
Speaker 3: The I don't speech a little bit ahead?
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 17: So you know how he says think, think.
Speaker 9: Or or thank you?
Speaker 17: Okay, So it's he does the the the you know, like that's that's like the top of your teeth when you say, like think, you got.
Speaker 3: To push a little more air out.
Speaker 10: So tell him to try to push a little bit more air out speak.
Speaker 4: I think you know what this is like. You remember remember you had to have speech therapy when you were younger.
Speaker 3: That was my right.
Speaker 4: Well, you you need to you you need to choose it.
Speaker 11: So I had trouble with That's a tough one.
Speaker 4: You need to get back in the closet and work on this.
Speaker 11: Hey, I don't think anybody in this room needs to be told to push.
Speaker 3: More air out right, pushing air out in the breaks.
Speaker 4: Let's hear you say the the the push out air in front teeth, the the the the the the think no, no, no, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: That's good.
Speaker 3: We did it. I just spit all over. Hello.
Speaker 4: Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 17: Yes, there's a chance again.
Speaker 3: I just want to tell I, look, where are you gonna jump in the bos when you're gonna jump in the bowl? Rick Birgers show, unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 17: This is your boy from tel City.
Speaker 18: This is tongue.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 17: I don't know why Trump doesn't go in and just oblive.
Speaker 10: Youate l A.
Speaker 17: You make an example of them.
Speaker 3: Why don't we do that?
Speaker 4: You can't just go up l A, he said the Marines. I mean there's a National.
Speaker 6: Guard in the Marines need to do something.
Speaker 17: They need to do something.
Speaker 9: You can't.
Speaker 4: You can't just blow up l A l A. I mean it's in the little of Carbet mommy, yeah, that probably.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the fact that they are seeing sending military force think to get things out of control, we need to be thankful for that.
Speaker 3: I keep spitting all of my laptop. Let's go on screen phone calls. Rick Birders, show, go ahead.
Speaker 17: How's the going fellas?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 17: Rick, I've got a men who don't run the rain story, and I need.
Speaker 3: A verdict here.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm getting a lot of these, so good a hope of short?
Speaker 3: It is this short?
Speaker 5: So me and.
Speaker 19: Me and a girlfriend are on a trip back Memorial Day weekend, and she wants to go on a go shopping downtown at the shops because it's it's raining a little bit.
Speaker 17: So I already have an umbrella, which is killing me. So but we're walking. Yeah, something else, keep up where we're walking, but rain's not letting us. Getting harder, she says, well, let's run down here and running this restaurant. We'll get something to eat till the rain stops. She tears out, I got the umbrella. She's running in the rain, and I'm mad as all get out at me. I don't run, but I'm carrying an umbrella.
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: What's verdict? How hard a rain we talking?
Speaker 17: It's coming down pretty good.
Speaker 3: I think you should have let her.
Speaker 4: She should have taken the umbrella and and and ran with it, and you should have continued to walk.
Speaker 17: She took off before I could give her the umbrella.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, okay, then I guess it. I feel better about it. But uh, I would have tried to make sure. Well, here, honey, won't you just take the umbrella?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Uh and and get there and I'm coming.
Speaker 3: You want to be real cool if that's the situation. Folded up yeah, folded up Yeah, got to think on your feet, and that's what I should have done.
Speaker 4: What I'd like to see is what they just said. Would I have liked to seen you folded up?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Uh and But but it's not a total failure because you did continue to walk.
Speaker 3: She didn't.
Speaker 4: She ran off before you had the umbrella, but you had a chance to really make a statement, and you fumbled that a little bit.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, Rick, if you're under an umbrella, you're really not walking in the ring. That's my point. Cola Gumm.
Speaker 4: It all going to greg you and your straightforward ways. You know, brother, I'm sorry you let us down, even though it wasn't intentionally. You would have let her had that. If she'd have took it, you let her have. She thought it was on slower down. I'm getting so many videos of men just going okay, birds and they're sitting in their vehicle.
Speaker 3: They're sunking. Well, right, boy, when is one named good ones. We continue.
Speaker 4: Uh, welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey you out.
Speaker 3: How's everybody doing today? We're good. I hope you're okay, Bud, I'm dealing well. I just wanted to call and say that.
Speaker 16: Uh, I just recently started watching this show, and I just wanted to say that y'all are doing a great job.
Speaker 3: I really really love it, and I just wanted a quick question. Has your wife told you to hash it recently? Uh, I'm on a pretty good run right now, I'm on.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't have said that now I've probably No, I've been on a pretty good run right now.
Speaker 3: I really have. So it won't last.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and but I'll get a hush it I mean, look, probably this week. I can't live a hush it free life. There's just no way, even on Father's Day weekend. I don't think I make it. Oh no, so, but but so far, so good? Yes, yeah, and all those kinds of things usually revolve around you know, me being hungry, you know, either hungry or tired thanful.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, so so it's been pretty good. Yeah, So thank you for that. When we come back we continue. In a few moments, we're gonna look in that hall.
Speaker 4: We're going to see a very blushed, kind of semi red faced Andy Blanks because he must be struggling and even thinking about what he's about to have to talk about him.
Speaker 7: Hope he's carrying a bag of food with.
Speaker 3: Probably not not Andy. Just come on, I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the man who removed the phrase what's You're no good from society reconquishes.
Speaker 3: Okay, so making our way back. Blanks is here. We'll talk to him next segment. He's worried. He's a little bit worried. He said, this is some sort of intervention.
Speaker 4: Is it where y'all like people who are afraid of spiders, you make them sitting, you dump spiders on them. Are you all going to do things that are grossly uncomfortable, like just one right after another to try to break me of it?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't allow that, Andy, So just know that you know it's just real. Today. Yeah, we do have.
Speaker 4: We do have random callers are going to sing their favorite Beach Boys song for you as a tribute to Brian Wilson, who passed today at eighty two, so we may take a few callers let them sing their favorite song for you.
Speaker 3: There's no deed no.
Speaker 4: Uh. This actually was included in in an email that you know. Trump was at the Kennedy Center. Yeah, last night was he was he going in to see Lai MIA's.
Speaker 9: But what was that?
Speaker 3: What was going on there?
Speaker 4: Because somebody mentioned somebody mentioned Lama's. What was going on with the kiddy at Kennedy Center last I don't know, it was a black tie. Then I just saw people asking him, like, what was his favorite Broadway play when he was in New York? What's the first one he remembers going to?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Shockingly it was Cats? And then and then they asked the first lady. She said Phantom of the Opera. So I thought, well, why are they asking him about plays? And then somebody said something about Lei MIA's and.
Speaker 7: I see this is these are things that y'all don't pick up on. Yeah, having second hand, Yeah, okay, the first lady, right, she's not involved with the questions, so she has to stand there awkwardly.
Speaker 3: And see, we pick up on things like that.
Speaker 7: And then Trump goes into answers, which can kind of be long winded, and so now she's sitting there going, no, what do I do? I mean, I'm just standing here, you know, shifting my weight from foot to foot, and I don't know what to do. But this was a great response. And I know you'll be proud of our president.
Speaker 4: Everybody said, Rick, I got so many emails about this, Rick, you have to be proud of our president. And I thought we had gotten another trade deal done.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: He correctly tra yeah, China about it. Almost have a deal with China. He just talked about that. But then he said, you know, they asked him about people who were boycotting UH and actors who were boycotting Trump and everything he's doing, and he will answer that question.
Speaker 3: So here we go. Who is It's been reported that some actors maybe I couldn't care less. Honestly, it is all I do is run the country. Well.
Speaker 8: The economic numbers you saw them today.
Speaker 9: They're setting records.
Speaker 8: Personally, eighty eight million dollars in tariffs in two months, far beyond what anybody expected. There's no inflation, people are happy, people are wealthy. The country is getting back to strength again. That's what I care about. And we're gonna have a safe country. We're not going to have what would have happened to do us? As you remember, if I wasn't there, if I didn't act quickly on that, Los Angeles would be burning to the ground right now.
Speaker 3: So he used, couldn't care less? Perfectly he did, he did.
Speaker 9: So what do you think care less?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What about actors or the boy cotton? I couldn't care less. I care about the state of the country. He was talking, and you hit one of one of them. They were talking about the tariffs. But I saw him saying, he said, you know, you're talking over one hundred and fifty countries, so it's not going to happen overnight. But he says, we everybody is wanting to make a deal, and we're and we we think we have a deal with China and we think we're we're good there. So if you're someone who's been watching the stock market, you know that if that news gets solidified, that that'll be that'll be good news for you.
Speaker 3: So so there we go.
Speaker 4: So so also some some other things that if you remember this, this goes back to two thousand and seven three three b And if you remember, you know Biden and I know some of it was because he lost control of himself as far as his cognitive skills. But politicians, you know, try to they hope that we won't remember things they've said in the past. So this whole thing now about current left us standing up for the sanctuary cities and people who are here illegally, even criminals, how dare us send them back? All of us, as we've said on the show, had been very confused by the waving of the Mexican flag by illegals. It doesn't make I don't even understand that, because I've always said, if they wanted their protests to be maybe embraced more, you wave the American flag saying I don't want to be sent back.
Speaker 3: I came here for a better life. Y'all are mean.
Speaker 4: But what you're doing is you're waving a flag that you that you fled from and you don't want to be sent back to. And that's very confusing to us because then that makes us feel like burning them h And you're burning the American flag and you're waving the Mexican flag, but you left there and came here.
Speaker 3: M H.
Speaker 11: I love Mexico.
Speaker 6: Don't send me there.
Speaker 4: Yeah much, I don't even know what that means. But so here's Biden on this topic of sanctuary cities. Who would have ever thought thought that politicians can be inconsistent. Here he is in two thousand and seven being asked, if he were president, would he allow sanctuary cities to exist?
Speaker 20: Would you allow these cities to ignore the federal law regarding the reporting of illegal immigrants and in fact provide sanctuary to these immigrants.
Speaker 5: The reason the cities ignored the federal law is the fact that there is no funding at the federal level to provide for the kind of enforcement at the federal level you need. Pick up the New York Times a day. There's a city not far across the river from my state that imposed the similar sanctions, and what they found out is as a consequence of that, their city went in the dumps in, the dumpster stores started closing, everything started to happen, and they changed the policy. Part of the problem is you have to have a federal government that can enforce laws. This administration has been fundamentally derelict in not funding any of the requirements or they needed even enforce the existence.
Speaker 20: Senator Biden, yes or no? Would you allow the cities to ignore the federal law.
Speaker 4: No Ah, Well, by the way, look that was just two thousand and seven. Look how much together more together he was, and we were being told there was nothing wrong with him. Here's Bernie Sanders three a twenty fifteen Bernie Sanders were getting even closer to twenty twenty five is now ten years ago. Bernie said says that open borders is actually a right wing proposal. The leftists are not for open borders. So here here goes Bernie in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 21: In open open that's a coke on this proposal. The idea, of course, I mean that's a right wing proposal which says, essentially there is no United.
Speaker 11: States, but it woul anybody, It would use the global poor richer, wouldn't it.
Speaker 21: To make everybody in American port Then you're doing away with the concept of a nation state, and I don't think there's any country in the world which believes in that. If you believe in a nation state, or in a country called the United States or UK, or then mark of any other country, you have an obligation, in my view, to do everything we can to help poor people. What right wing people in this country would love is an open border policy. Bring in all kinds of people who work for two or three dollars an hour, that would be great for them. I don't believe in that. I think we have to raise wages in this country. I think we have to do everything that we can to create the millions of jobs. You know what youth unemployed in the United States of America today? If your white, a white kid high school graduates thirty three percent, a Hispanic thirty six percent, African American fifty one percent, you think we should open the waters and bring in a lot of low wage workers. What do you think maybe we should try to get jobs for those kids. So I think from a moral responsibility, we've got to do work with the rest of the industrialized world, uh to address the problems of international poverty. But you don't do that by making people in this country even poor.
Speaker 3: Is that a no?
Speaker 4: You sure it's not a good?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 11: How wild is that?
Speaker 3: How wild is that?
Speaker 9: I thought?
Speaker 4: I just heard Bernie say, you can't have a country with wide open borders. You're not a sovereign country anymore. And all that does is hurt people in your own country because cheap labor pours in and it's im moral. Bernie Sanders ten years ago, Joe Biden, you know, eighteen years ago.
Speaker 6: And don't forget Bill Clinton deported eight hundred thousand people, George w. Us two million, Barack Obama three million people, and in his first term Trump only deported about a million people.
Speaker 4: When we come back, secondhand embarrassment takes the center stage, the very place it never.
Speaker 3: Wants to be.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, America.
Speaker 3: Show right America.
Speaker 10: Here we go.
Speaker 3: You all ready for another hour? Who's ready?
Speaker 1: Let's go?
Speaker 3: All casting from the real world.
Speaker 4: This is where it all is real, a fake world all around us. Where is the bastion of truth? Is right here, living in the real world, broadcasting from it back to you on various platforms, both alive and archives. However, you're here, We're glad that you are here. Speedy, Greg Adler, all here, and we welcome to the show this hour one. Andy Blanks, Hey, Andy, Hello, happy to be here. Gus not well, well, not in this moment. But yeah, I mean there's there could have been. Yeah, there's better circumstances to be to be dragged out for it. Right now, I'm willing to share my pain with you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: No, so so those of you that may be new, because we are picking up new people all the time. And I would even say, based on what I've seen out there on the road, Andy is with Ironhill Press, that is the publisher of all things Man Church, all of the devotionals, all of the curriculum, all published by iron Hill. Uh, and then individual resources as well. That's what I say in the form of devotions and but this was the first time that we stepped out on let's do a full link book.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And we stepped out with with Men Don't Run in the Rain. We felt like we had a pretty good topic. Oh, Bill Burgess, Uh, that's we figured that's pretty good content.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 3: And the the we were right. Uh.
Speaker 4: No surprise, really, we're a little surprised that it happened as quick as it's happening, and how quickly it's that. I think the surprise for me has been how quickly you know, you see the the influence of the show and you go, okay, well we got that. But but even outside how quickly it's got outside of those I don't want to use the word barriers, because with all the streaming stuff, we can even have the show anywhere now. But but it's gone beyond the norm.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: You you start seeing at the beginning, there's Alabama, there's Florida, there's Tennessee, there's Georgia, there's Mississippi, you know, Missouri.
Speaker 3: You're like, yeah, all that Indiana.
Speaker 4: But then all of a sudden you start seeing Washington State, Utah, California, New York, you know, and you're like, okay, New Hampshire, and you're like, Okay, where's all that coming from, you know, And it's starting to kind of even pick up a life of its own. And this was even before the pr from other sources other than us really has just started, right, you know, seven hundred Club just happened, but this was all happening before that. These you know, Art of Manliness, which, Wow, what a podcast. I love the conversation I got to have with Bread that one. You know, they're all how do you make them unique on every platform? So when it's the same topic, but on that one, we even got deeper into the life application and all that, and they've all been great, but so we have been blown away by the first thirty days of them. We are We're at thirty days and it's been crazy, So thank you for everything that you've done. Thank you for was it twenty eighteen?
Speaker 3: Earlier in that twenty sixteen twenty started talking about it.
Speaker 4: Twenty sixteen, we start having a discous about Men's Ministry and the struggles that I was having with Men's Ministry on the equipping parts and trying to put together a strategy, and we decided that that was the first time that anyone had ever asked me to write anything, you know, the old Rick and Bubba books. We were interviewed by ghostwriters and you were like, well, if we took a forty day devotional, could you write twenty days? And did great, and you said you would write the other twenty and I said, well, I'll try, and we started that and that was the first ever forty day devotional called how to Be a Man to Pursue of Christ Undered Masculinity. And since then it's been one resource after another. And now we've tried to full length the book.
Speaker 3: Well and listen up to two things. One, y'all's dad. What a legend of a man. I mean, so part of that is his content and the way he lived his life. What a great job you did. And I mean I get asked this question, and so we're going to put it to rest right here, right. Did Rick write this book?
Speaker 1: I asked?
Speaker 3: And you know the answer has you know?
Speaker 4: Adler of course wrote it and Rick, no, great job, great job, I knew it.
Speaker 20: No.
Speaker 3: I mean, Rick, you've written everything that we've ever done together. You've written and and you know, I've watched you grow. I've been in publishing for twenty three twenty four years. I've watched you grow as a writer. And so I think the timing of this book made sense because it's kind of on your journey too. I mean, you started with a devotional that we did together, and then you know, you've got two devotional books you've done completely on your own that were excellent, and I think getting to this point with this book, it was like, now's the time for you to really step out. So I know you like to say that Sherry's the writer, and she is what a gifted writer she is? Well, man, you I mean you crushed this book. I mean I helped with comments and periods and all that, but I'm trying to get Greg and Speedy to write their their memoirs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and think about you missing miss Tadler think about. When he finally writes his he says, let me too, it's like to be pummeled.
Speaker 3: Every day by these bid That's right, Yeah, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you I'm gonna write this on behalf, all of you that stepped into places where all everybody ever does is give you a hard time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the name of my book is going to be called the Whipping Boy.
Speaker 4: But how about what you got today for you? But but but on this yeah, but on this topic. Adler actually can speak to this because when he first started working for for the the former company Rick and Bubb Incorporated, we were behaving the way that Greg and I behaved growing up, which we thought was super normal. And it was one Eddie Van Adler that had to announce to Greg and to me, this is not normal. This is not normal behavior. And he would say I was not. This is not what happened in our home.
Speaker 3: No, okay, you tell me. The Adler household was a little bit different than the Yes, that's funny, I can say Michael Linda being just like coach, you know what, you know what? And I'm not just saying this.
Speaker 4: Dad absolutely adored Michael and Linda Adler well, he every time he would come to church with me, he would just he loved him.
Speaker 6: That is very kind.
Speaker 4: Yeah and uh so yeah, yeah, what nothing.
Speaker 3: When he starts his book and to get it started, he's gonna thank everybody. Well, the problem is Pity's book is that we're a Christian publisher. Something of what we do. The profanity that's I don't know, probably just bleep it out. Sorry, Sorry, that was a love blook.
Speaker 9: I thought we were together.
Speaker 3: I know they were, just I got.
Speaker 4: Drafted with their own panic. But no, and it's because a lot of you don't know the conversation. I've mentioned it in some other podcast, but now Andy's actually here. We were meeting for lunch because.
Speaker 3: You know, y'all know this.
Speaker 4: We do this every day for a living, every day for a living. And we even talked about this in the book. As Andy Andrews taught me to say, I always say, you know I said in my book, but anyway about this, nobody cares what you did last year. So in our world, everybody says, hey, good show yesterday, and I do another one tomorrow, good show today. Now what are you doing tomorrow? Hey good good good good year? Now what are you and now, and in your world it is we have resources, and everybody who uses the resources, which were completely grateful for, there's a lot of them that use everything that is put out and they go, so, what's next. So we have to have these what's next meetings all the time, and it's never we're done there, y'all go, that's right, And you can let some of it sit for a while, but you got to keep, you know, putting stuff out. And you and I were having the conversation what we thought was going to be a conversation about the next devotional, and we had one in mind and still do.
Speaker 3: We can always go back to that.
Speaker 4: One, and and I forget how it transitioned, but but I would tell how did it transition?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we're talking about I'm trying to I'm trying to I help you out on the front end. That's kind of my role front end, and then at the end deciding versus brainstorming what we're going to talk me that I'll come in the end and polish it up. So we're talking about, hey, we need to start selecting these verses for this new devotional, this forty day diversional or thirty day whatever, and I can see in your face, you know, how you talk to somebody and you can tell you're not there's something going on. Yeah, a little crease and you're right between your eyes and I'm like, something's going on here. He's not vibing with this. So I talk a little bit more, and you said, well, I'm gonna hold you right there. Maybe maybe what if we did something different? I said, you know, okay, And you pitched the idea for the men Don't run the Rainbow, which we talked about before, and I said, you know, maybe now is that time. Maybe we'll see maybe. We said, well, the issue is I'm already six chapters then, and then I was reminded once again what it's like to work with Rick. I'm like, okay, here we go.
Speaker 9: It's on.
Speaker 3: Well that was your intuition and listening to the Lord's leading, and I mean it turned out to be God, what a what a good decision.
Speaker 4: Well it's yeah, we've been I mean, I wouldn't say, well, I guess I can say I'm not surprised that people enjoy Dad as we're sharing him with everybody now who never got to be in blunched by him. I am a little surprised how quickly and how fast it's being consumed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so thanks for that date on that and we'll be back and we'll talk about what happened to Andy on the road right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 9: He doesn't O c D.
Speaker 1: He just likes things to be a certain way, Rick Burgess.
Speaker 19: So here we go.
Speaker 4: Thank you for being with us today on a brand new Rick Burgess Show. Andy Blanks our guest with Ironhill Press.
Speaker 3: He of course, is.
Speaker 4: Just one of one of my favorites. Say marine served our country and with the Marines, and of course I don't say former.
Speaker 3: I learned that.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, La. Yes, it's a simplified yeah. So anyway, all right, Soerene, all right, So Andy, you struggled with second hand embarrassment. I've seen I've seen things with you. I've seen some big ones.
Speaker 3: You you've precipitate, I mean you. The problem with you all too, is that they send people to us just put us in the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's pointing at rick Ingrag you speaking of course of Ed the bathroom prophet.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I don't go still nearly. So they think it's faming me a little bit. Oh, they love it. Yes, it makes their day. They go find you and go, hey, I want you to do what you just did to me, Go do it to Speedy and Andy and it just wcked. Oh yeah, they send people over on you.
Speaker 4: When Ed the Bathroom Profit did his wrap for me, I said, there's one man that needs to hear this bl right, and that is one Andy Blanks. He's standing over by the tree and he thinks everything's okay.
Speaker 3: I've talked about this before, but that right there, when Ed did the extended fifteen minute wrap. As a as a white man, I don't know what to do when he's rapping to me, and so I kind of start dancing a little bit. I mean, you find you yet, I mean like it was one of the worst moments of my life. It almost bothered me. And that's how it was.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 4: You always say you'll see the news to me. If it gets back, you'll usually throw out.
Speaker 3: Court temperature arising, and you've talked about Hey, I'm a little sweaty right now thinking about Ed. Okay, it's a little heat heat under the under the arms. I'm not joking, I know.
Speaker 4: So you're on the road, you're speaking and tell us what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I texted you all two about this this weekend because things happen. And we are speaking at a youth camp. Wonderful youth camp. Been a great week, great, great time together. We're in a meeting with youth pastors kind of before the night session. So I'm with our worship leader for the week, actually a young guy and a young lady here. Great, and we're done with this meeting, and so we're going to walk over to the chapel the sanctuary to get ready for the night.
Speaker 10: And so.
Speaker 3: I'm walking over and I actually they kind of get out in front of me. I stopped and talked to a huge, huge fan of the show, shout out to Sarge. He was there and loves the Rick Burgers show. And so I actually get kind of talking to him, and and so I kind of lose these the worship leaders. They get ahead of me. So I walk in, walk in the sanctuary, and when you walk in the lobby, the green room this is important. The green room is kind of a tight hallway down the you walk down this corridor. They don't have like a true green room. So we kind of converted the hallway to a green room.
Speaker 4: And those who don't know. Green room just means a place where you go get snacks, cross rooms. If you're the part of the whole, the whole prison, favorite the camp that week, the conference, favorite place where they hang out.
Speaker 7: If your wife has catering. That's my favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the Rix picks.
Speaker 4: We do have that recipe. And Rix picks the green room cinnamon cake.
Speaker 3: We go ahead, It's Be's favorite. So I I walk in the lobby, and I and I'm I'm heading down taking a left to head down this tight passageway. And I see this woman is now talking to the two worship leaders that were with me in this meeting, and and speedy can relate to this. I see the conversation and my secondand embarrassment radar against the ping. I can tell my body posture placement. Yes you read all that you got you yes?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh well oh yeah, yeah yeah. I can tell they're very close, you know, close talker. I can tell. So I and so what I do, what anybody in our situation will do. I begin to find a way to avoid this. Right in the Marines, we don't leave anybody behind. I will leave someone behind. I will leave you in an awkward situation to prevent social take a phone call. Yeah yeah, trying to get away, but I can't. I mean, I have to go this way. So I even do one, I even do one of these. I'm trying to like duck my head and gonna see And Brett, the worship leader, he knows. He grabs me. You need to she wants to talk to And so I stepped next to them, and and and she immediately and you know, she's too close. Just sweet, sweet woman, very nice, older lady. I need about a arm's length and she's within.
Speaker 4: That is she is she to your decrease in your arms, she is, she is here, We're here, Okay, it's all right.
Speaker 3: Close.
Speaker 7: So if you needed readers to read something, you would need readers to see her clearly.
Speaker 3: And sweet, very kind, because that's the issue, right, I mean, when we talk about things like this, I know I'm the problem. It's not the pert. I miss me right edge case that may be the problem. But so she looks at me, and Brett says, hey, Andy, she's got something she wants to tell you. It's cueing me up. And so she says, hey, right, she says, hey, one thing I would like to do for you. Being a camp camp pastor this week preaching to us, I want to do something you. I would like to give you a massage. I would like to give you a massage. Buddies are good at this. They've told her how much and this they have all been an elaborate setup. I mean what I mean, but I don't know how to convey this. But she wasn't insinuating like hey, like like next week, come to see me up. She's around, she's like warming up for hand. I mean, she's you know, and she actually says, where are you? Where are you? Where's your room? Like? Where are you?
Speaker 9: I want to do?
Speaker 3: You spen a hard week? I want to give you massage? And I start cratering. I mean, I start folding in on myself. I'm trying. I'm a big guy. I'm trying to get smart.
Speaker 9: I can't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm sweaty, I can I can feel the core temperature has risen, and so I panic and my wife gets so upset with me because I don't exit gracefully right. I don't know how to extricate myself. I just go and so I literally just look at this woman. I go, We're late for a meeting. We have to go. Did you just walk off? Oh? You so I used to leave. So so that was round one.
Speaker 7: So you left her standing?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I just walked off. And the funny thing is in a dark hall, is it lit? Its lid? At this point this point is there music going on?
Speaker 9: Activity?
Speaker 4: Before?
Speaker 3: We did have a meeting go too, So she when you left her, she didn't have anywhere to go. She just kind of just walks off. I guess I just bailed out. Pull the rip cord war, I'm out. She was warming it up, and so then you know, then begins the joking. You know, we begin to joke about that and bless the heart. I know she meant well, but I you know, we're having fun with it. I'm like, I mean Brett's like, you think she's she has oil or lotion? I mean which way we go with this? Like does she have a towel? And we're joking and you know, the female worship player, she was the most uncomfortable. She's like, I can't believe I said nine none. You know, it's just she meant well, but we're joking, having a good time. So I we have our meeting service starts and boy with a service. I mean it is the Lord moved. It was a powerful night, worships incredible. We end up having like two times of response. I mean like twenty kids come to Jesus for the first time. We have just spirit the Lord broke out. It's incredible, It's wonderful. So I'm walking and stopped it. Yeah, we're going to come back. So you have been You know what this person represents. They've made that very clear. Oh yeah, and that is that they give massages to the speakers. She would like to getting right here, right here, in this place, over right here. Okay, and you you you successfully have escaped. Yes, you've done the service. Two hours of passable two hours and watch the Lord move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, so you're you're on a spiritual high.
Speaker 3: Absolutely mouth.
Speaker 11: I've heard her laying hands on people.
Speaker 9: This is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: When we come back, what happened next takes it to a whole stay closer.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. It's like eating lunch at the cool table, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Here we go, America. Thanks for being with us. Andy Blanks is with us.
Speaker 4: He suffers from secondhand embarrassment. He's here representing all of you who do Speedy does as well, both of them probably some of the worst cases I've ever personally diagnosed or scene. So Andy's told us a story that he's speaking at a youth camp and has been approached by an older lady who says that she likes to serve as well and wants to take care of all working the camp, including the speaker and the teacher for the week, and what she would like to do for Andy is to give him a massage.
Speaker 11: Wall it's an older lady. How old is how old?
Speaker 3: I'm terrible at this, but I mean maybe sixty, mid sixties maybe? Wow, maybe he's older.
Speaker 4: Thanks, I'm sixty.
Speaker 3: I know, what do you think than? You think close older than me?
Speaker 7: Maybe closer to seventy or closer to six.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I got to say sixty seven. She's closer, Yeah, sixty seven, let's go there. Would you be open to even a seventy maybe?
Speaker 4: Okay, so let me get a hold of shelberries. Okay, that's only ten years older than me.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So so.
Speaker 4: Now you are you've walked away because you you're terrible. Ever sitting away some time has been bothers your wife. She wish you would leave these situations a little smoother.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 4: It's almost like you're fleeing.
Speaker 9: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: You're running away. You're just getting out of the situation. You run, Yeah, you just run, all right.
Speaker 4: So now you've you think, okay, I've handled that. But here's the problem. And I don't want to get on you, but I'm just teaching. If you don't get a handle on this fleeing, you've never closed it.
Speaker 3: There's no closure.
Speaker 4: There's no closure when you flee.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So, and I think we've learned that the hard way, haven't we, sir. So Anyway, so you you've preached, the Lord has moved, people have come forward, were watching young people just say I'm now I repent and I'm devoted to Jesus. We refer to that as a mountaintop. You said you're coming off, and there really is a coming down from being filled with the Holy Spirit and what happened.
Speaker 3: I'm sweating. I mean, like it's been that kind of night, Like I mean, we've we've been all over the stage. I mean, it's it's been a big night and totally immersed in that moment too, I mean, you know, when you're up there, when you're preaching, nothing else is going on, so you're in that moment, big night, you know. And so I'm leaving. I'm coming off the stage. The worship band has done incredible job all week. They're firing it up.
Speaker 9: Big moment.
Speaker 3: So I walk off the stage. And again, the green room is not a room, the room with the sacks and drinks and all that for the band and everybody else. It's a hallway. And we know this from do a Man church always right behind the stage. So you got to keep the lights off. I mean, you can't have lights spilling out on coming to the stage. So we got some pipe and drape up you know where I and you know how that as you kind of step through the curtain and you can't kind of sometimes find your way. So I'm fighting back through the curtains and coming off the stage. I got my mic on, I'm starting to get my mic off, and I walk into this dark hallway, this green room, and I begin to go to the left kind of towards where the food and the seats are, and I see somebody, a figure in the dark, and there's no one else around. Guys, like, I mean it, it's just just just me, right, because everybody's out watching what's happened in the room. And so I turn left and I begin to see this figure and I'm still kind of in the moment, so I start taking my and I look up and I realize it's it's Massagy.
Speaker 9: I mean, she's there there in.
Speaker 3: The dark, and she's kind of kind of looking aund and I this is the moment where speedy I said, I thought of you in this moment of duress, because a normal person might would have gone up to her and just said, you know, hey, how are you? You know, hey hey, you know I'm gonna need a minute, or hey no, but I just panic. And so instead of walking towards her, I take a right, and I'm now walking towards an area where no one's been. It's off limits, there's roadcases. I mean, I'm back behind your going to a dead end. I'm running. Yeah, I'm running. And so you're running away from her.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm fleeting, but you've acted like you don't see her.
Speaker 3: She she was her head was turning back to where we would have made contact. And that's when I made the decision I'm out Okay, So I now pivot and I walk pretty rapidly towards it. And I have no destination, right, I'm just running.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just fight or.
Speaker 3: Fly in a dark hall in a dark hallway, the band's playing. And I get to the end of this little corridor, little tight, little fit, and I end up in what's basically like a utility classt.
Speaker 9: I mean, I've run out.
Speaker 3: I have run out of real estate. Nowhere to go the brooms and yeah, yeah, you know, empty year cases. And I think, think to myself, I have two choices. I can walk back and deal with this like a normal human being, or I'm just gonna hide here, and I'm gonna say, how long do you think you're gonna hide? Well, that's not a question, though. The question is just I have I have removed myself from the embarrassing situation.
Speaker 4: I miss Massagy. She's not coming to you know, she's not she has she doesn't know where you I am.
Speaker 3: She's too old. I'm sitting in this little room and I begin to text people for help. I begin to text uh, people who are in charge of this hostage I am and I say hey, because I had made the guy who was in charge of camp. I'd made him aware of the previous request. I just say something happened to me a little earlier, you know, so he knew. Yeah, But I said, hey, I'm I'm now trapped. I said, I'm the massage. The massage justice now back with me, and I can't leave. She's blocking you and he and I called out the S O S. But I mean, in that moment of extreme dress, I thought about you, and I thought speed. He's the only one who would understand them. Did you say, is a marine? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You should have called for airshi. Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like I called for fire. I was hiding out in the buck or whatever.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I want to get in the mind of the second hand bridge my person.
Speaker 3: Okay, goodness.
Speaker 4: So you don't really care about the awkward moment when somebody has to do what you can't do and tell somebody this is off.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I let somebody else do that.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: Are you okay with that? Is it bother you think about that scenario?
Speaker 3: No, I'm so crippled by the by the syndrome, you know that at that point, I just I'm glad that somebody else is taken care of. You know, you just want the problem off of Yeah, and I mean I handle other problems in my life very effectively, but when it comes to that these moments, I just I'm done. I have nothing.
Speaker 4: You don't do well in socially awkward moments.
Speaker 3: You know, the problem is that the fifteen years of doing life with you is you create socially awkward moments for me. Oh so that you observe you and less both. I mean, y'all just want to watch it. Yeah, I do. I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: We are surrounded with which people that don't have this.
Speaker 6: Some people just want to watch the world burn.
Speaker 3: Andy.
Speaker 6: Some people just want to watch the world burn.
Speaker 4: And Andy, unfortunately, that's why there was there's been some parents and they've been convincing us that their child can sing the national anthem and they'd like to do it. And that's why I told them to come today.
Speaker 3: And there we have them.
Speaker 4: And she's just as cute as she can be.
Speaker 3: She's about and she's going to go and allow that she's going to go.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I could see your faces to all.
Speaker 3: I think I would leave you.
Speaker 7: Andy tried this one. Okay, I'm I'm with you, and I hate awkward situations. And I know where you were on the front end of this, you were thinking, I'll walk away and the problem take care of itself. She'll realize, hey, that was a bad idea, and then afterwards there she is, and you want out of it. This one here, being his handler, he puts me in situations that he didn't want to deal with, and so I have to go tell them, Hey, I have to be that person. He says no, and I'm in an awkward situation and I hate every second of it.
Speaker 4: So what happened? Did did somebody get rid of her?
Speaker 3: What happened? Did she's massage anybody? Did she go away? She did? What? I think? I think I found out that there was somebody who charity massage who took her up on. I don't know the details. I know this person. You don't know this person because I didn't shoulders that appreciate me. And I think, I mean we were talking because as we were kind of joking about it after the initial I noticed somebody was on staff was acting a little funny, you know, me a little quiet and I and I was looking a him like this, And Brett the worship player picked up on two and he said, how was that massage? And the guy said it wasn't bad.
Speaker 4: In this case, she has strong thumbs. In this case, she is the massage hands in feet of Jesus.
Speaker 9: She would like to be.
Speaker 4: But did you have to get an all clear like.
Speaker 3: Ring into her as we were leaving the camp? Okay? And she said, she said, hey, I never got the chance to do that for you. And I said, I know, I said thank you for offering. Oh my goodness. Why didn't you stop it or did you even act like that? I know, I'm sorry. I'm normally that guy, you know, But I was worried that if I said it, then she'd been like, got like, I still think.
Speaker 4: I still don't think you've done. I don't think you're out of this.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: If I see her again, it's it's still on the table, right.
Speaker 4: You haven't stopped and just said hey, just show you know I appreciate your gifts.
Speaker 3: We never had that moment.
Speaker 7: You still open, So I gotta take Did somebody take a massage for you?
Speaker 3: Let's go back to that.
Speaker 4: Somebody said she's a massage today. Just go with me, somebody the greater love. Then you take the massage for you, brother, That's right.
Speaker 3: No, massage left behind.
Speaker 4: Right, you hit in a utility clauset. That's not a wake up call for you.
Speaker 3: No, I feel like I did well. I feel like I got myself out of situation. It's now filed in as a possible solution for future awk.
Speaker 6: Go find a closet.
Speaker 3: Find the closet and nobody looked. You went in a closet and you text for help and it but it worked. Hey, hey, you've done that. You can't say that.
Speaker 9: I sure have.
Speaker 4: It's a different situation, remember that one.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you just can't say, hey, this is just not my thing, this is inappropriate.
Speaker 3: That's part of the syndrome. Baby. Yeah, I don't want to get out of this part of the syndrome. No, you want to get away. You want to get out of it. We come back.
Speaker 4: One last thing from andying little something called mistaken identity.
Speaker 3: Oh also another one that's that's not easy to me right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the man who was hold enough to point out that there is no such thing as dog years. Dogs just don't live as long as you want this rikches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're back. Thank you for being with us America so much.
Speaker 4: More to come. We need to have a discussion too. Is all of you out there in the audience coming up later some decisions to make. We always love to include you in that. Uh, I do want to say simply safe dot com slash big Vox. They're just they're just way ahead of everybody else, uh in the industry. I mean they're they're developing things.
Speaker 3: Uh. You know, you know.
Speaker 4: One of the things they have I think Andy would love is uh is of course, the the the way they with the new AI cameras that they're using this active guard outdoor protection. Let's say like somebody was walking on your property, you don't know who they are, they can engage them.
Speaker 3: What are you doing here?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to give Andy massage. I'm sorry, he doesn't know you're coming, you know. I mean they can they can stop things from happening before that. It's one thing to say, oh, no, your house has been broken into. Let's call somebody. What about I kept these people from breaking into the first place. So, uh, it's really cool how they do this. They monitor you and they can interact in real time. I'm there on the property. It's groundbreaking. So if you'd like to find out more. The monitoring plan started about a dollar a day, no contracts, no hidden fees, sixty day money back guarantee. Right now a new system if you go to simplysafe dot com slash big vox, and if you're renting, you can use this system. You know the old days if you were renting the landlord whittle the jab security system you can have. That's this is how this was started. You get fifty percent off simplysafe dot com slash big vox. Also a link Rick Burgess show dot com under sponsors. There's no safe quite like simply safe dot com slash big vox. So Andy, we've had some dealis which we'll cover you hit this one, but there was one that you wanted to tell us involving some mistaken identity. Your wife mistook somebody for somebody else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, one of the great joys of our lives is being in the in the Rick Bergersheft family and manchurch. Such a big part of that. You know, we all get together and love it, you know. And you know less Brad for my other business partner in Iron Hill Press, his family, Jamie and the kids come and they run the merch and my kids come and my wife does hospitality, you know, and talked about that how much fun that is. And two years ago something happened that I that I as we're here this morning and you and I are talking about our second embarrassment. I could not help, but I don't want Greg to feel left out. Oh yeah, oh this is good. And uh two years ago, we remember we were doing man Church in Birmingham. We did it at Sanford? Am I right correct? Yes, So we were at Sandford and my lovely wife Brent, who was just amazing and we all love her. She's great. She does an incredible job right in the green room hospitality over the dome, and she loves doing it. And so we were kind of great, great event in Birmingham, fantastic, went well, huge weekend and we were unpacking kind of as you do, you know. I was just talking to her. Everything's settled down, and I said, how'd you think the green room went well? And she said, you know it did? It went great. It's such a great weekend. I loved having because because two years ago that was you. You kind of I don't think speed, I don't think you were there all. Well, yeah, I think you had something going on. But Greg was there, you know, and very present. And she said, you know, I loved having some a Rick's team in the green room. I said, yeah, it was great. She said, I mean Gary was awesome. And I paused because I thought, well, that come I miss Gary, because you know, we know, my love for Gary is well established.
Speaker 4: I mean Andy, Andy, Hey, let me check Andy blocks or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is about Gary, but I mean Gary's who I want to be when I grow up. You know, I love him. And I know most people, you know that may not be the person that they sort of put on a pedestal, but Gary's that for me. So yeah, and so she said that she had fuhone mc Gary. I thought that's interesting. I did not remember Gary being at that particular event. But there's a lot going on. I mean, the lobby's full and CD oh I got Gary. So we were kind of talking and she said, I mean Gary was so helpful and kind. And I thought to me that day, that doesn't sound like Gary. But you know, I've never seen Gary around. Yeah, you know, another one. Maybe he was just just a lot kind or softer, you know, hard to believe. Yeah, And so I kind of let it pat at it, and you know, she's just talking and she just one more time. She kind of went back to that, well, you know, I mean I really enjoyed getting to know boy. I really enjoyed getting to know him, and he helped me so much with loading out and he was so personal. And I said, hold on a second. I was like, Gary was in the green room. Yeah, yeah it was. I said, I didn't see him. Well, he was there all weekend. I said, honey, I Gary was there all weekend, because I mean I was in the green room. And she said he was there all weekend. Helpful kind. I was like, I don't know what you're talking about. I mean I was if I miss scaring the green room, if I miss scarying the green room, I mean, that'd be a big blow for me. And she's like, Rick's brother Gary was there.
Speaker 9: All I came under. She was so confident.
Speaker 3: Brother brother Gary is something. So she had very nice things to say about It was just no surprise or someone else you thought was hey, I don't know, Hey, hey Andy, I appreciate you. I'm saying you love me.
Speaker 4: You want to give you michug. She was like, you didn't see him he was there all weary.
Speaker 3: You do a great job in the green. I want to help. None of that would be Gary here would be Gary. Hey, we're gonna get any more that simmon cake? Right?
Speaker 9: You know that that was fun?
Speaker 3: So you, you and I and I know what.
Speaker 4: We can't do it because the people we need to get permission wouldn't And you know more about this being a publisher. But I've thought about if we could write another book down the road, just about stories from the road of doing doing doing men's ministry. There's been so many and Greg, let me tell you watching him struggle through some of them, because men's ministry really is built on things that call second hand embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Oh well people are. So you've been around, y'all know I wouldn't tell those stories because I wouldn't want to hurt people. You spend an hour talking.
Speaker 4: About, well there was there was one and it isn't the number one slot.
Speaker 9: Be careful.
Speaker 4: I'm not going into it. But I just heard you say in the break that it was so bad. Go Greg, he said, he said, because you were trapped on the road, you couldn't get out, and you just said you closed your eyes.
Speaker 3: That my brother in law is reminded me of how awkward that was, and he said, I love that, so I love being your brother in law because you can't handle these situation. That was a good one. Yeah, we could.
Speaker 7: I think we could leave names out and.
Speaker 4: Was involved in did you ever not saying what you wanna tell it now? But when you and I want me and my son Taylor went to Florida that time and to speak, I did tell that one. Do you remember the wheelchair guy, one of my favorite You're okay, you weren't thereeble, but if you were there, you couldn't tell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looked at believe it because I was being moved as a colleague this game.
Speaker 4: Don't miss them. The spirits got a hold of him and don't miss scrip. When I wouldn't cut down the space, I cut down the space between them. I cut down the space between him and me because I thought this is what Jesus. Jesus would go to the least of these. Look at this guy in the motorized wheelchair. He's coming forward to give us like the Christ going to get let me go. I don't want him have to drive this whole distance.
Speaker 3: Over this the calorina that you're in rodeo and as I've been down, he says, hey, can you give a shout out about my Tanning?
Speaker 4: Booby?
Speaker 3: I was like, what I got an that one? You give a shout out talking about it on your show. I liked you just come for it.
Speaker 4: And then I turned around, like you did a little bit. I said, hey, man, this is not the place that there's people coming forward. And as I turned, he's chasing me. At one point he chases me around the stage and into the church.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that I leaned down and I took that head and I put it up against my ear. Tell me you want to come to Jesus? Hey, can you give a shout out? A boy? My Tenning? What? And you? Thank you so much?
Speaker 9: Buddy?
Speaker 3: Oh, tell him that's always pleasure. We come back, we'll tell the story that made in.
Speaker 4: I'm just getting it's out of the hour or the Rick Burgess Show coming up. We're gonna need your health next hour.
Speaker 1: Hanging there, this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 14: You better listen up. You know what we say, Assim. You gotta find.
Speaker 1: Y broadcasting from the world The Rich Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you for being with us America as a brand new hour has begun. Uh and uh speedy Greg Adler all here, thank you Andy Blanks for dropping by.
Speaker 3: And thank you for all the great things that you have been able to help us with. And uh, I love dealing with him in secondhand embarrassment.
Speaker 4: I do believe he may be even a click above you speaking, just may be a clique in severity. Okay, So as we start the hour, I want to say a special happy anniversary to Jeremy and Andreana Edwards out of brooke Haven, Mississippi, a big, big supporter of what we do.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 4: And he says, Hey, I'm looking forward to seeing you and you come to Pearl, Mississippi, which that's coming up on the twenty first of June. Next Saturday, I'll be at Park Place Baptist Church for their kicking off year two of the Man Church strategy in their next Man Church. So hope Jeremy, you and your wife have a wonderful day today, and thank you for being so supportive of what we do.
Speaker 6: So yeah, what was that so that I've got a special anniversary shadow two? Yes on this day in nineteen eighty seven, Wow, the movie Predator came out.
Speaker 11: Special bad for a lot of people today.
Speaker 3: You love that movie, didn't you, Buddy? Yeah, Rich Predator. Yeah, Well that's been there right there.
Speaker 9: There is that is going.
Speaker 4: That is it, that is going all in from the text nation out of Georgia. And again we always over over the years, you know, in the early days when all of us, especially Speedy even att or two go all the way back to starting in radio, Greg kind of came out of a different world here.
Speaker 3: So but you know, we kind of learn over the time.
Speaker 4: Over the years to try not to shoot ready aim on stories until you know, more information comes out. But I think I can speak, we can speak about this in general from from Georgia speaking of men's ministry, awkward situations and secondhand embarrassment. Have y'all addressed the Michael Tate newsboys, you know overall Christian music scandals that keep coming out of Nashville in the industry and all they're dealing with. Explain how we as as as Christians and music fans should respond. Yeah, I did see that, and you know, unfortunately now I do not know him personally. He was on the Rick and Bubba's show many many years ago. I was a late fan of d C Talk for those of y'all that don't know that Michael Tate was in d C Talk. He had a solo career now has been with the Newsboys for gosh what a long time. And so Uh there's been some allegations made against him that are that are that are rough. I mean they're bad about grooming and uh, inappropriate behavior. But but again, I don't know what really happened. Uh, and I'm not I'm not defending because I don't know what really happened. I'm not defending or accusing.
Speaker 6: Well, he's he is, uh confessing. I should I guess the word?
Speaker 4: Okay, I was wondering because I was waiting on his response. He stepped down from the Newsboys abruptly. Uh, he went away. Uh. It seemed like there was an attempt to deny some of it. But then somebody sent me something today that I haven't read that that there was a he's put out, maybe an op ed or a letter to everybody.
Speaker 3: Uh and is that correct?
Speaker 6: At or I see you literally called my confession. He posted it yesterday the day before yesterday.
Speaker 4: I have not read that.
Speaker 3: But so I'm gonna for two decades, I.
Speaker 6: Used an abuse cocaine consume too much alcohol and at times reached out to men in an unwanted sensual way.
Speaker 4: All right, so he okay, so that now we can move forward because he has he has acknowledged that these accusations are valid. So so how do you respond to that? I mean, it's kind of a story as old as time. Sadly, because of our sin nature and because of this fallen world. What I would say is that I would I remember when the last I mean, these unfortunately, these kind of things have happened far too many times. Because we're talking about, you know, a perfect Gospel, a perfect God, and we're talking about the ambassadors for him are all imperfect people. Okay, you have the I always think there is a difference in scriptures speaks to this, by the way, there is a difference in Hey, I I had a bad moment. Uh, And because we're all you know, justification is the beginning, it's not the end. Sadly, I think we treated as the end far too many times.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 4: That's why people never solidify. I was an example of that. But but once I, once I was committed myself to the sanctification process, you know, that's now a battle c s Lewis said, you know when before you were justified, you know, it was just nothing but flesh, so there really was no battle. Your spirit was dead because of of the original sin. But once you are justified, that means that God seed comes into your now you're you're now dead spirit. And then that spirit, from the power of God, his spirit makes that spirit come alive.
Speaker 3: And C.
Speaker 4: S Lewis warned, when sanctification begins, when you're justified, that's when the battle begins because the flesh and the sin nature is now going to fight for its life. And and then that's the reason why the sanctification process can be a lot of peaks and valleys and stumbles in correction. But the scriptures look at that much differently than they look at deliberate perpetual sin, like a secret life that you are participating in day after day after day, that you're portraying one thing while living a secret double life. And so confession is good and texture you're right, But then will we see repentance meaning a complete turn from this? Now, I will go ahead and let all of you know this be very very careful, and we just tend to do this of elevating messengers as opposed to elevating the message. Messengers are always going to disappoint. They have bad moments. Sometimes there's always Charlatan's you know, wolves in sheep's clothing. Scripture warns about false teachers, and it says that Jesus said, when you see them saying all these things about me, just keep paying attention, because if they're not doing the will of my Father, then I don't know them. That's out of Matthew seven. You know those sometimes difficult quotes from Jesus. But he doesn't leave us hanging.
Speaker 7: Me.
Speaker 4: I wonder who's in who's out. He tells you who's in. If they're obedient to me and they're doing the will of my Father, then I know them. If they're not, then I don't. Now that's not a works based redemption. That means that there is a fruit from that redemption. The obedience flows from redemption. It doesn't earn a redemption. It's proof of redemption. Read John fifteen. When Jesus talks about those who abide in him, he produces much fruit in them, proving that they are his disciples. It's not about earning it, it's about the proof of it. So I don't know the situation with him. It's a story in my opinion, that's far too familiar. I think that I think we need to be very careful when we elevate Disciples of Christ to rock star status, whether that be a preacher, whether that be a musician.
Speaker 3: Or a singer.
Speaker 4: I think that's always dangerous ground because frankly, we as human beings, we just can't handle it very well. We don't do very good with it, and so God will many times humble you again to correct it. So I hope he gets this corrected. I hope there's repentance. Confession is step one. Repentance would be step two. But what I would say to the people from the person who's texting and I appreciate you, you know, asking that question, I think you've got to go back to I think sometimes we make so much of ourselves and so much of people, and we make so little of God. I would just remind us that we should make much of God and not much of people. That's the message. I remember when one of these things happen a long time ago, and I saw guy write an article and he talked about how the man who pointed him to Jesus, who discipled him and his family and who had a successful ministry in his hometown. He found out the man was committing adultery with a woman in the church and had to be removed from the church, and he talked about how much that rattled him, and he's now a pastor, and he said, you know, the thing that gets me about some of these high profile people that seemed to fall, He said, up into the fall, I think the thing that always convicted me is that they seemed to be for the kingdom more successful than me. They seem to be pretty effective, and of course that's the power of God. But sooner or later God will out them because he must. But remember there's nobody in scripture that God didn't use that isn't flawed, because every human being is flawed. But there is a difference in being flawed and being a fake. And I think that all goes back to the deliberate, perpetual think about Go to Acts chapter five. Have you ever thought about and I've done a message on this because it rattled me so much that God killed and Anysensafirer killed them because not because they stumbled, but because they tried to scam the church, and the call from Peter was, this is something that you did deliberately and perpetually, and you know what, you've lied to the Holy Spirit. You haven't done this to me, You've done it to God. You were pretending you're a charlatan. You're pretending to be something that you're not, and in that moment God killed them. So it's it's a scary thing to be pretending to be something and representing the one and only living God, and sooner or later, if you don't deal with it, he'll bring it to the life. But the message is make much of God, don't make much of people.
Speaker 6: It looks like his substance abuse brought him to his knees, spent six weeks in a treatment center. Ye, and he's been dealing with this privately now as public obviously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sad stuff and just don't let it make you delusion. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show doing what he was born to do, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: All right, folks, as we work our way back, Okay, So we're gonna need your help.
Speaker 3: We're going to need your help.
Speaker 4: So we know that Larry quest is it's something that there's a lot of anticipation for we We actually had an emailer that they even sent us something that I think we have to and I think you agree with me, Speedy that they're they're pretty accurate that we think that. You know, we do a lot of things on this show that are very tongue in cheek.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And I've noticed that that sometimes people they don't get tongue in cheek. Have you noticed that?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's a certain group. Yeah, they don't.
Speaker 4: Ever, they don't realize that what we just said that that the tongue was firmly in the cheek and hey, man.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And and you're like, you did realize that you didn't realize that was a tongue in cheek coming, How did you think it was? Yeah, oh no, you think you are man, it's tongue in cheek man. We're just joking around, lighting up Francis. But and then there's people that it's not that they don't know when we're kidding and when we're serious, and they take what we're saying is like, hey, that's that's home. Sometimes And they said they think Larry struggles from that a little bit. And maybe Carolyn, Like when we were kidding around about going over on Father's Day weekend, that was a joke, and they thought that, they thought they thought we were we're coming. So we are going to go see them because we must. And we told them we would. We calld him, we would. What we're down to is this, if we send Speedy, Greg and Adler, that's that's a bigger undertaking and and and is it as funny as all of us Speedy Greg, Rick back at Master Control and we do it completely speedy adventure like we did with Vicky Quest back on the Rick and Bubba Show, Larry Quest, and we send Speedy on his own and then he goes over. He he he spends the spends the night, and then he gets up and we're in in Larry and Carolyn's house, live on the ear uh and we're all getting Speedy to give us a tour of the patch collection and all that, which one of those you as the audience would find more hilarious. There's the they go over for a weekend, because that's the way that's gonna work.
Speaker 3: Get there.
Speaker 4: They document it, We try to put it.
Speaker 6: We to play it back.
Speaker 4: We maybe do some episode we put on the YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: We document the trip there, they document it there?
Speaker 4: Or do you like the Hey baby its Speedy's on his way. He's going and he gets over there and then Speedy's live from Larry and Carolyn's the next.
Speaker 9: On the show.
Speaker 7: I have a few questions. Okay, yeah, go ahead if if I go by myself, so I know I'm eating dinner, cannot wait? I understand she's a great cook.
Speaker 3: Oh, no doubt.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And we have just a fabulous dinner. Yeah. And do I have to spend the night there?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, in their house. Absolutely, that's not even up for debate.
Speaker 11: Oh, this couch looks comfortable here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've been there with the patches. Ye, you can look at the patches and you know what people count sheep. Yeah, count patches until you fall asleep.
Speaker 11: And that cattle share the couch with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that cattle tigger will come up put his tail right on your face.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: Can I ask another question?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: I like I like to take showers. I mean I like to feel.
Speaker 4: You can't get in their shot. Absolutely is getting in it?
Speaker 3: How can I? I mean, that's rude. What's he gonna do? Leave one oging?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 3: No, people don't do that.
Speaker 4: Everybody's flushes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is wrong? Yeah there now that if you.
Speaker 4: Eat a big meal, that's also a situation.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Guys, if he didn't have the Titans thing, you know, you never know.
Speaker 3: So I can't use their bathroom? Yes you can, you can and you will, awkward you can.
Speaker 4: And how many bathrooms you think they got? You think there's one? You get off by yourself because that's what I gotta do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, quiet, I'm like that.
Speaker 4: Any one has to walk off in the woods. I can't be around you.
Speaker 21: Up.
Speaker 3: You ain't like a dog and bowls up in the front. Too much active around me, A tense I can't get it.
Speaker 9: I can't go so I don't.
Speaker 4: I hate speedy going by hisself, but people are I mean, I'm talking about for the travel because you say that when I'm gonna I'm gonna pull I'm gonna think about it again. I'm gonna call you out on something because this is what you would say, is what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 9: Oh, you don't care.
Speaker 3: You're just saying that you don't care. I really did, now, don't you Except when you return VICKI to go get it.
Speaker 7: You had people with you, right, and then everybody suddenly was busy. Well, I wouldn't have done you like that.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: All right, So far on YouTube, they're saying, I say send Speedy and Greg. Oh, so that's convenient for me, because that means I'm not going, let's say send Speedy only the rest of the guys would be overload, and it would be easier for Larry and Carolyn to overpower Speedy by himself.
Speaker 9: I added that far.
Speaker 11: I added that far.
Speaker 7: So here, So y'all are saying, I go over there, yep. It takes about five hours to get there, yep. And then I get there at dinner time, I have dinner with them.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 7: And I can't just say, man, see in the morning, go back to a hotel and then come back. I've gotta sit around.
Speaker 4: And you gotta live in that house. You gotta be among what's happening there. You got to use their shower, use their bed or couch, and use their bathroom. Yes.
Speaker 21: Oh, so.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to work this out in my mind. So there's a point where I go, hey, good night, Yeah, and I'm going into their room, yeah, getting into their spare bedroom.
Speaker 3: Yes, you forget of course a cat looking at me.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then Larry's gonna walk through.
Speaker 6: He's like, I'm just going to get a midnight snack. Larry is in the chat, by the way, for anybody that doesn't.
Speaker 11: Know who are what we're talking about.
Speaker 6: Larry and Carolyn, very sweet couple that live in uh Dublin, Georgia. Larry collects patches and they're just fans of the show. That's that's all we're talking about. Larry is in our chat right now, and he says, I want all all of them to come.
Speaker 11: Oh, just Speedy and Greg to come, is what Larry said.
Speaker 3: No, no, you ed that.
Speaker 9: What about this adamer?
Speaker 7: What about you let me borrow your van and I can sleep in the van.
Speaker 6: Nope, that's like taking the ring away from Gollum.
Speaker 11: So that's my precious. That van is my precious, buddy.
Speaker 3: What about my shower? I'm gonna say, I'm gonna shower in there? Yes, what do you think? They don't you think what's weird about showering? It's just a shower.
Speaker 11: What do we drove there and drove back?
Speaker 3: That's weird though, all right, we'll be back. We'll take your phone calls shower, it's.
Speaker 11: Like twenty hours.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Get on the show.
Speaker 1: No like calling one eight eight eight six big buck.
Speaker 4: We go to you, America, Come there, Come on, here's the number you heard it from Ken Osborne eight eight six big Vox. Lines are open. We go unstreamed phone calls and we'll chat with you. You've heard what we were talking about. We've now put that out for you and we want to get your feedback.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 3: Some people are hollering, comrades, do the whole show from there.
Speaker 7: And a lot of folks saying what I'm hearing is, you know, treated almost like the seven hundred Club. They really want to meet you. You could just go and then we'll we'll do the show and you comras in like you did it from the seven hundred Club.
Speaker 11: That'd be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me tell you prove you can do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are you all familiar with the three letters D O A? So what's that meant? On a rival that ain't happening?
Speaker 3: That don't even put that on the table, trick. That's a little little small pist.
Speaker 4: What I'm getting new, I means you're gonna dobody's got to stay back here safely and make sure everybody knows what's going on.
Speaker 3: Well, we can do that while you go. That's kind.
Speaker 4: I'll handle it. My pillow dot slash Big Vox. Let me tell you geez a dream bedsheets. My goodness, look at this best sheets probably speedy, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Forty nine ninety eight Kings Queens Split Kings forty nine ninety eight order now, stock up because.
Speaker 3: They're going to be when they're gone to gone. Limited time.
Speaker 4: You get an order over one hundred dollars, you receive one hundred dollars in free digital gifts. Also make America healthy again. Yeah, here comes Milindale. He's teamed up with the RFK Junior for Rev seven Energy Drinks Really Good powered by Gold BHB no caffeine, no sugar, lemonade, green apple, blueberry citrus. Go right now to my pillow dot com slash Big Vox use our code say thirty percent off for Rev seven as well.
Speaker 3: Or look at that link.
Speaker 4: Look at that link Rick Burgess Show dot Com under the sponsor's button. Well you knew this was gonna bring Larry, Larry, Larry. Do you want to hear Larry's feedback. Would you rather hear others first?
Speaker 7: This is, this is the only thing is out of respect to them from doing what we need to do what we say we're going to do, and that is give them, give them some time. You know what I mean, Carolyn, she's worried about making sure she's heads and uh. And so that's the only reason why I kind of want the closure so we can give them a date.
Speaker 9: Give them a date.
Speaker 4: That well, that's that's why.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, speeding.
Speaker 4: We've already talked about this, and I won't dog sled shirts Larry, Yes, Karen, Chad.
Speaker 10: It doesn't matter who comes over.
Speaker 4: We have a bed of bed.
Speaker 3: Here, here's Carolyn, Carolyn, what's the sleeping morning?
Speaker 4: Hey, what's the sleeping situation? How many folks?
Speaker 10: Okay, the sleeping situation? And from one person as a private room with the queen's eize bed and a private bathroom with a soaker tub and shower.
Speaker 6: Came out.
Speaker 3: We all do it.
Speaker 10: It's fine. But if three come one, one has got to sleep on the sofa bed, which is a queen's size, fairly comfortable mattress.
Speaker 4: He's going to sleep in. Sweet part of the deal. Is we all have to sleep inside. You don't get you don't get to pass.
Speaker 10: Or or if you don't want to sleep on the sofa bed, you can sleep in the same bed.
Speaker 3: That Look, that's what he wants to do. Listen, Greg, that's.
Speaker 10: It, Rick, Yes, we do with what we would like.
Speaker 2: You have an AUTOGRAMD photo about three of you.
Speaker 3: Well you so lair.
Speaker 4: Here's what I'm wondering. He here, let me just throw let me just throw this out here, larr Carolyn. Let's let's you know, we're broadcasting here from the real world. If we go with three or four, it's much more complicated and it's going to take longer to find the perfect uh scenario for everyone being able to go. If we just go stealth, If we just go stealth and we send one Calvin Speedy Wilburn, that happens pretty quick, that's not near as complicated. So I'm just throwing that out there now. If time it really isn't of the essence. There is no timeline on this.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, we could fight, we could call uh, but you know it's you know, if all of us go over there, then there's gonna be a bit of a wrestling match. For that one guest bedroom or the private bathroom.
Speaker 15: Yeah, your thing is.
Speaker 17: For all idea to come over that way.
Speaker 6: You often hear the pole collection.
Speaker 3: That'd be great.
Speaker 4: And and let me tell you this, Larry, some of us have been kept awake at night because we haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 3: So Carolyn gets it. Larry does.
Speaker 4: I realized Carolyn understands. Tongue in cheek, Larry does right, right right. See, all Larry wants to do is Larry wants to make sure all y'all that everybody sets our eyes on those paths.
Speaker 3: I want to see it. Yeah, yeah, go ahead, Larry, that's why you should. YEA one is in calling.
Speaker 6: But it's right cal Let cat tiger, and Tiger is a taggy cat and he is a terrorist.
Speaker 3: Let's guys, this isn't winning me over. It just telling him listen like me, wake up. He's legging me.
Speaker 4: You know, Carolyn Rick loves to sleep with cat. No, I'm an anti kadokt. I'm an anti kadok.
Speaker 9: I do cats.
Speaker 4: I don't like cats.
Speaker 3: They make him.
Speaker 2: Greg.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there is a Christmas tree in the bedroom.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be a camera in between them. Limbs just now looking at me.
Speaker 4: Now, the audience is trying to say, let's milk the most out of it, to go now, to go later. You guys, we don't have time to be driving over double I mean, hey, it's.
Speaker 3: A long trail fall, it's a long trail far.
Speaker 1: So long, and.
Speaker 3: What what is there?
Speaker 7: Is there a day that's best for y'all during the week? Is there things that y'all have to do?
Speaker 10: Or like, what's your Now, we're flexible, We're flexible.
Speaker 4: Did you ever see the movie The Book of Eli. No, No, that's concerning.
Speaker 6: Okay, there's a cannibal couple Rick in that movie.
Speaker 4: They're the sweetest cop Larry and Carroll. You know that we're just having fun when we go, Oh, they're probably cereal. You know, we're kidding ryah.
Speaker 17: Oh, I know that, we know that for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all being crazy killers. I mean it's only like maybe sixty yeah, you know, I mean it's not that high. So we're watching video right now from Channel thirteen. So, uh, is that where i'd be sleeping?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 17: That that couch turns into a head of it, that's right, yeah, right.
Speaker 4: And those things sleep great. Did they have a shot at the bedroom anywhere on this.
Speaker 12: Oh, here's the couch right here, that's there, Yeah, Rick, Rick, Yes, yes, yes, yes, Rick, Larry, I'm here, Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 10: But we would love to meet you and your wife.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, see that's what I was that.
Speaker 4: We were thinking you could just fly over there with Sherry to do the show and then we'll would you red.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll do that, Larry, I can't. I tell you what.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait till Sherry and I get some vacation time, because that's exactly where we want to go, and we'll we'll we'll go like for a three day weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm just caring. Laugh.
Speaker 4: The one thing that I do want to know before Speedy gets over there, don't you, Larry?
Speaker 3: You don't do you?
Speaker 4: I mean, because this is a concern. Like, let's say that somebody ends up on the couch. Okay, have you ever sat on the couch with no pants on?
Speaker 2: That girl?
Speaker 3: Has it ever touched the I'm panicking know what to do? Got me rub morms? Larry? Do you say that email from both of us? Yeah? Larry?
Speaker 4: Did you do you smoke in the house the Black and Moth?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so you'll be at home spreading.
Speaker 10: I would talk to him about that and pray for him about it.
Speaker 3: He's kind to have my shiny.
Speaker 7: Oh I'm not gonna smell like smoke coming home like I've been clubbing.
Speaker 4: That's fine, Larry. I had planned on coming over there, deal with I don't like that one. I planned on getting shared coming over there for the Fourth of July. But I'm actually gonna be MCing at the American Village their firework shows, so you work on Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hey, straight up? Is the house, let's just be we're being real right here. You goes, So, is it really gonna like stop me up? Is it like heavy smoke smelling there?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 9: We're just talking.
Speaker 1: We're talking.
Speaker 16: He only smokes about to a day.
Speaker 3: To a day, Larry. It's not on the food, Larry.
Speaker 4: You got to stop smoking. And you need to stop that, Larry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, either do it outside.
Speaker 4: Oh he just shifts.
Speaker 11: Yeah, what's up, Lar?
Speaker 10: Yes, we do have a parking spot for your van all picked out.
Speaker 17: Yeah, all right, tell you fifty.
Speaker 3: Times smoking those black and miles.
Speaker 7: I'll be in touch with the the next day or so and let y'all know exactly.
Speaker 3: When we're coming.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk to everybody else. Uh bea phones America. Sorry about that, Larry. We had and we had to get all the information we could. We'll chat to with the rest of you when we come back.
Speaker 3: Step off.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table? Cool? No, and get on the show. One eight eight eight six big bucks.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go, America. Your turn to chat, so fire us up the number eight eight eight, the number six big box. Yesterday's Wednesday Bible study. That archive is available to you now on the YouTube channel and the podcast channel. Also, men don't Running the Rain available wherever you get books now, It's in hardcover, it's available on audio ebooks.
Speaker 3: You name it it.
Speaker 4: Sarah, thank you for all the feedback and looking forward and love getting all the pictures of those of you that are getting those as gifts. And I can't wait it's over the weekend to see how many dads get a copy as well.
Speaker 3: Jeremy is standing by. Jeremy. Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone call, go ahead, I ain't.
Speaker 5: Rack rack.
Speaker 4: Some other suggestions. You send young Broadwick with just Speedy and he captures the doll and lets Speedy do his thing.
Speaker 6: I vote for that.
Speaker 3: I bet you do you vote for anything? Has you standing in there? Adler?
Speaker 4: You could just go and film it?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 4: We continue on screen phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 17: Oh yes, I know how to help Speed with his little speech impediment.
Speaker 16: He just needs to start thinking caddy wrecker.
Speaker 3: All right, My goodness, that guy's sassed.
Speaker 4: He really is. Man, I really concerned about the house.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: The smoke, Oh ain't gonna hurt you. Oh look, what's a couple of black and miles a day?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 4: I don't smoke, you know what. I didn't ask him one. You know, I didn't ask him, but I'm sure he can text it to me.
Speaker 3: Two cats? Did they do?
Speaker 4: Litter box? I mean to you what they can't just be outside, they're inside cats.
Speaker 11: In the news clip, you see a tale dan over patches.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's when a litter box is one of the strangest pet phenomenons I've ever noticed. You would never, under any circumstance ever, if I came to your door, knocked on the door, and they said, we got in the box. Oh, I've just got some animal dung. I'd like to bring it into your home. You'd be like if you lost your mind. But then that's exactly what a litter box is, where we have a box of dung in the house. Yeah, you went by bringing in no normally No, okay, uh, let's continue. Hello, this is the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 22: Hey Rick, this is Sean and Florida. Hey, buddy, So my vote for this Vicky Quest is solo speedy. I mean Vicky Quest Larry Quest the solo speedy Beady goes by himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't you think that I have drama?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a.
Speaker 22: Funny story to tell about this morning show.
Speaker 3: Actually.
Speaker 22: So I'm a YouTuber. I work part time at a retailer, so I'm watching at home sometimes sometimes at watching at work. So my wife is really a part time viewer. Yeah, I listened to it at work. I listen to guys at work when I'm not supposed to be but you know, keep it up. But my wife is a very part time viewer and listener. So she comes out the bedroom this morning and Andy is on, Yes, and it was the second segment. She she looks at him and she goes, wow, did Rick looks really young?
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 3: She thought, Andy.
Speaker 22: Youse she got younger somehow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know what, what a compliment today for me? Not such a good day for Andy? Well, thank you tell you?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot close, Just a few more seats down. We continue, Rick Birders Show on screen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 17: Oh, how arey'all doing today?
Speaker 3: We're good? I hope you all right well? Doing well?
Speaker 17: I got a question for Adler, Hey, Adler, what do the chicken cross the road for?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: What for?
Speaker 6: Because goodness, what did.
Speaker 9: He dress.
Speaker 3: The chicken cross the road for? That was made it funnier? Want to hear it?
Speaker 4: You know that you know why the turtle cross the road?
Speaker 3: Right? Why get to the shell station?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: My god, for your grandkids, joke's going bad. Hello, Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 16: Hey, whichever one of you guys goes to Larry's house, if they start playing the song ring my Bell, you'll need to run.
Speaker 4: We continue, Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 18: Mister Burgess, I would love to stay anonymous for hoous for obvious reasons. O, all right, we.
Speaker 4: Can't get that off the ground. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 18: Good morning, y'all. This is the female Greg Speedy. I'll go with you over there.
Speaker 10: I'm sixty two and you ain't got to worry about it.
Speaker 3: I promise I can keep my hands off of you.
Speaker 23: But now Greg's going, all promises are off the table, rednet six, I like you.
Speaker 4: We continue. Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, lost that one. Oh I'm going, unscreenphone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 17: Yeah, guys, I got a wouldie rather a musical instrument version? So would you rather the Elton John's piano or Freddie Mercury's microphone?
Speaker 3: That's good. I'm going with the piano.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yes, I believe I am.
Speaker 3: I'm going on Father's Day.
Speaker 4: You're going over to see Larry on Father's Day. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, it's daysel. How y'all doing, Hey Dason? What's out now? What's south found? Not too bad? Not too bad? Hey.
Speaker 17: I will pay for y'all all to go to Larry's house. I'll give y'all each two hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Were going.
Speaker 4: He's going twice there there goes there goes two of them. Look, so you're saying it's got to be everybody.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're missing yeah, obvious here what if Gary goes with Speed?
Speaker 4: Hey, look I ain't going over with Larry. I'm just gonna tell you I don't like that.
Speaker 3: Might do the podcast anyway, He didn't like that, anything like that. I keep bringing it up till he hates.
Speaker 4: It, talking about me doing some podcasts for Larry.
Speaker 9: I ain't.
Speaker 7: And so if I go by myself, it like am I zooming in and and like we're live with y'all? Or are y'all going to like do one segment and be done with me?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 4: No, I love this idea speedy through this ind which I think is we're going to lean towards Speed going speedy going on his own. That is, go over there, spend the night we have, we document as much of that as you can, and then the next day he's live from there. We're going through all that, and then he takes Larry with him for parking lot password. But they have to make Larry say.
Speaker 7: The word yes, we have an affiliate there not even getting emails from listeners they would love to meet you.
Speaker 3: So that's an opportunity.
Speaker 4: I think that's good. And then we can always have on the table. This is almost like you send one explorer out and if he comes back, then maybe everybody goes. But if he doesn't, then we know that that's not a good idea. We can't lose everybody in one swoop.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, like if.
Speaker 6: The lost calling of rowing up by cannibals, We're not going to send more people to that.
Speaker 3: Exactly correct? Correct? What if Chris wait now might be pity. I'll grab a couple of hours.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I just you just need somebody waiting a bodyguard.
Speaker 11: Good bye, Bok's.
Speaker 1: Fine, fine, this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 14: You better listen up, you know, like we say, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Fine broadcasting from the world The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: All right here we are brand new hour, and we thank you for being with US America. More to unpack this hour might get some more of your phone calls in. Definitely got some hay birds coming up this hour. So uh we we be gathered and we're continuing to gather information. So uh right now it seems to be leaning.
Speaker 3: Speed egos solo and it's live.
Speaker 4: From the home. It's could always be you know, step one, So we'll put that together. We'll keep you updated on what's going on, and it's going to be wall to wall. I promise you do not miss whenever we put it together. So now we'll start trying to make that happen. Are you okay, buddy, feeling ok Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm okay, I'm okay.
Speaker 4: We're gonna work it out. You're always willing to get anything if.
Speaker 7: Anything was to happen to me, just know that was always my mindset. It was as long as I've been with you. That's anything for the show.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: And that's what we love about you.
Speaker 3: That's what you you bring.
Speaker 4: Uh and uh, I mean it's it's why you're a hero to many.
Speaker 1: So so will.
Speaker 7: I think it's gonna be great. I think they're a wonderful couple.
Speaker 4: No, nobody nobody said that. I mean, you know, and I think that as long as you don't mind black and mils and house cats and litter boxes and patches, I think you're fine.
Speaker 7: Ye to my workplace, best friend, and I have some questions for you, d and that is like if I'm kind of documenting it and doing a lot of video for you, you know what I mean, how do I bess would that be like? A drop box or would that be a Google drive where I just dump a bunch of stuff in there for you and you grab it.
Speaker 3: How does that work?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: You know, whatever you want to do, whatever's easy for you. I want this to be easy for you, do you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't want you to get on any problems. I want you to be in any kind of you know, Book of Eli type situation.
Speaker 4: So if the fact that Speedy is in break this and moving it forward, Adler, do you and Greg feel just a little sense of relief a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I mean I thank you.
Speaker 3: Adam on the honest one. Yeah, it's where I'll Greg take care of.
Speaker 4: I mean you can always go, I mean, Adler and I can do it.
Speaker 3: But I mean I mean, I mean, I like I said, I mean, I'll be more happy not to go.
Speaker 11: But right, what if we just did this.
Speaker 6: We meet on a Saturday at the normal time, we start the show about five am on a Saturday. We drive there, hang out with them, two hours, drive back. That's only like five plus five is ten plus gas, that's twelve thirteen stop bathroom.
Speaker 3: You're talking fifteen.
Speaker 11: It's like eighteen an eighteen hour day.
Speaker 3: It'd be fine.
Speaker 11: It'd be good, or you could go by yourself.
Speaker 3: No, I do whatever what everybody the people want, It doesn't matter to me.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what them.
Speaker 7: Having Wi Fi is very is crucial. So we'll get all that.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 7: I know we're hashing it out. We just we're talking it out.
Speaker 3: Is that we're doing. That's just kind of what we do. Gotta know, that's what we do. But we're gonna move on. We're good. It'll be fine. Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Look forward to gra Greg. Yeah, you know, I did a little lot of y'all.
Speaker 3: Do you get to hear it?
Speaker 4: I did a little commercial in the break. I've got an endorsement deal. Kind of proud of Brunt. They heard about you. Uh boots work where he Yep, comfortable boots, love them. Matter of fact, I put those boots from Brunt to work yesterday. Wait a minute, so you think that they sent you books boots because you're a handyman. Now did the word get out like bot change batteries and stuff. Boots came to my house from Brunt and saying we we now have commissioned you as in a person who endorses our products. Okay, you want to go get my brunt hat because I'll put it on. It's in my office right now. You want to see it, Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 6: So those are some good looking boots.
Speaker 7: They are for people that like do yeah, like work outside. I've got the Great Father's Day again. Some of you are thinking about it.
Speaker 4: I've got the kind you know you tie away up because I'm a little more serious, but you tie them all the way.
Speaker 6: Up with laces laces?
Speaker 7: Are you just thinking of copy stuff and saying lines from the copy? No, okay, seems like I know you haven't.
Speaker 3: That's not from experience. You know.
Speaker 4: They when I put it on, it's like they've kind of reinvented comfort for the hardest workers out there.
Speaker 3: That is copy. That's from Rick's heart, buddy. So you think you know what I did yesterday?
Speaker 9: What did you do?
Speaker 3: Dirty job? You did a dirty job?
Speaker 6: You watched the show Dirty Jobs?
Speaker 4: No, it's a dirty job. Well, I mean I was covered hard working soot. Central vack had to be cleaned. The filter, so sure said changing the filter, She said, the central vac. You know, when we built this house, it's when the central vat was all the craze. You know, you just you just you have those little things in the wall in every room. And but there's a place where the dust collects, yes, right, and it gets where it won't pull you go and clean it.
Speaker 3: So uh so I went, uh, that's not being doing stuff around now, central.
Speaker 4: Back was not pulling. Now is pulling because I went in and I cleaned out all the dust. Use my Phillips head to get right out of there.
Speaker 3: Philip heads.
Speaker 4: You know how that gets all around the corners in there? The wrong tool You got the right pull the other pull thing that's like the metal smash the metal netting, and I cleaned that off of something. But then you got it all and all around it. You gotta get the ring. You got to get in there and get that ring.
Speaker 3: Get that dust.
Speaker 4: It got all over me and then I got Then I had to take the dust in that bucket that hangs at the bottom, walk.
Speaker 3: It up, dumping out, walk it up the driveway to the trash.
Speaker 11: Can you called that soot? That's just dust?
Speaker 3: That's that's really I was a dirty man, some kind of. I was a dirty man.
Speaker 7: And my work boots probably shouldn't have one with short Wait wait, you put work boots on in the house to do that.
Speaker 4: It was a job you had to be done. Would you say, baby, the central backs, it's not pulling.
Speaker 3: I'm all over that.
Speaker 4: Let me give my boots, so you put the lab. Let me get my boots in my brunt hat. I'm a Phillip said, I got it. Just got a few gold top batteries in case they're needed, crush it, wrench ready, Alan rinch front pocket.
Speaker 11: The only tools that you know, you're just naming the only tools.
Speaker 3: That could I do one thing.
Speaker 7: When you say gold top, their copper top, it's gold colored, right, but they are gold colored.
Speaker 4: Well that's the color gold on the top.
Speaker 11: Are you talking about the yellow arches at McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am, because they aren't gold.
Speaker 6: Uh Rick. You're very loose with the word fix, like oh I fixed it. Very loose, fast and loose with that.
Speaker 4: That word wasn't working now? Is I call that repair?
Speaker 3: Fix? Was not working? Would not pull? Now? Is pulling?
Speaker 11: You've performed?
Speaker 6: That's called maintenance.
Speaker 3: Picturing Beth Mowen's doing right. It was.
Speaker 9: I walked.
Speaker 4: I walked it to the boots off because I don't want to track, walked up the steps, just soot from head to toe. Shoot, would you clean the chimney, I said, baby, I'm headed to the shower. Just I've been out there working. I'm sweating dirty.
Speaker 3: With clean with clean boots on those. You want to plug that vacuum back in, baby, she'll run like a dream. Handle it. How long did you let it go? It's a way overdue. It's kind of like you in that ditch.
Speaker 4: I'll put it to you this way. That's to tell you everything you need to know. You know what was at the bottom of that bucket Christmas tree?
Speaker 3: Stuff like needles.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Saloon has been been putting it off.
Speaker 4: Well, I could have used it at the house this weekend. I changed that ballast out in that line. I could have used why did you call me? Aaron?
Speaker 3: I knew you'd be busy doing something. I didn't want to mess you up.
Speaker 6: Aaron could have used you to she was using a feather duster this weekend.
Speaker 4: Rick, But no, no, no, I could have brought a swifter and we'll have solved them.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a good tool, that's an appropriate tool for Yeah.
Speaker 3: So uh so, anyway, Brian, you're welcome.
Speaker 6: They found their man.
Speaker 4: They did.
Speaker 3: They're working man.
Speaker 7: I think I don't want to break your heart. I think they just sent a host to something because you're endorsing.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's you think they sent something to beg.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's because they thought you were handy in a cabin. Yeah handy, I don't know, but it was more than you a random guess.
Speaker 1: I would say, Yes, this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Warning.
Speaker 1: In order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor. So Likeen Francis and enjoy the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: I'm back, Thanks your man with us, Speedy, Greg Handler, the gang's all here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're all hanging out, loving it. Yeah, I got my hat on Ritudy.
Speaker 7: They send that to the endorsers so that you can have their product and use it and know what you're talking about when you do the spot telling me you think Glenn you think Glenn beck Ha?
Speaker 4: Do you think Stu has one of these? Do you think you you think Steve Deese has got one of these?
Speaker 3: I think Steve does. Huh.
Speaker 4: I believe everybody you mentioned has one. Do you think endorsement? Yeah, uh huh. So they sent these to like the females on Blaze that are probably doing.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of handy Advisor handy women didn't sound good, you know, you know what I mean? Yeah, Yeah, I got work.
Speaker 4: Boots and I got this. And to me, that's because they've heard about how much more handy I've got. Gra you need help me more of these balances. Let me know, ballanced. That's well inside the say balances ballance, well shop talk.
Speaker 3: We talked. We called them bout say balance out the lights. Oh, maybe it's not what they're doing. Rick.
Speaker 11: There is a little loop on the brim of your hat.
Speaker 6: Over I guess it would be your right ear kind of right over your right ear, on the actual hat, there's a loop. I'll give you one hundred dollars if you can tell me what that's actual is to look at my way, you gotta move your you got to move your headphone. It's on the actual headband, right right where your finger is.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, there's a loop right there.
Speaker 6: Can you tell me what that is for?
Speaker 3: On that hat? What a loop?
Speaker 4: What do you mean? Loop? All right, I'll just tell you it's for a Oh I know, no, you might this right here. Yeah, that's where I put my pencil in when I'm marking right.
Speaker 11: I already told you I put the picture. But I think that's a cool idea.
Speaker 3: Now me, what do something like that? Yes, I like that.
Speaker 7: I need to get recent in.
Speaker 4: I put a actually put my Phillip's head in mine. Do that?
Speaker 6: No, that's that is about it.
Speaker 3: You put your Philip's head in the hand. That's not what it's for us, clearly not for that finished.
Speaker 4: Up, got Central back working.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna tell you one scenario that probably it didn't happen, and that is the folks with Brant listened to the show, heard you were handy and said he needs some of our gear. No, I don't think that happened. What I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: Most of the time people like like like for Greg for instance, he can he was sent you know Calichrin. Why well he was a little heavy at time. Yeah, and uh and it worked right, So I think there is something to that.
Speaker 3: They heard about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've got to talk to Adler about a new product they're sending for him.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do it myself. I'm so sorry. I had a good one too great.
Speaker 6: I just know you you said enough, you know what you meant.
Speaker 7: I know that you're thankful of them.
Speaker 3: I'm thankful. I'm thankful, thankful. I didn't say that.
Speaker 11: Running back Big Fox in the house.
Speaker 15: Walking the question just keep coming the answer email stack time, but we're on to go.
Speaker 11: Birch on the mic.
Speaker 3: No time to stall my handy man him, Hey, what's the words? So here it is?
Speaker 4: This comes from Christen Hey Bird, Hey, Burge had to pause the show. Dude, you're running my sixteen year old girl to several different appointments. Our conversation had started to fade, so I decided to turn the Old Rick Burgess Show on. Saw that Andy Andrews was going to be on. I thought, well, this will be fun. You're really gonna enjoy this. I told my sixteen year old he has these awesome stories about history in the world, tries to make everybody guess if he's telling the truth or not. Then he started with a story that included the following thing, oh I know where she's going, contraceptive uterus, and so many more phrases bombing on her at once. She was mortified. This is my daughter that never makes eye contact whenever her dad and I give each other a kiss. Hello, So thanks for that.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 3: The New show.
Speaker 4: You know, you do feel safe when he is Hey, that's and Andrew. Yeah, he's not gonna say anything shocking. Great, you do wonder a good wholesome and that. I gotta give him credit though he got me on that.
Speaker 3: I thought he was good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey bird, hey birds from don have you noticed that Speedy will name brand drop in a second?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Back in the day, he would not refer to his pet as his dog, Milly, but he would say his Australian shepherd Millie high dollar dog. The other day, when he took the squalling on the air about something hitting him in the face while weed eating, instead of simply saying I was wearing regular sunglasses for I protection, he made sure we all knew who's wearing Oakley because Oley' is an OSHA approved it says, Hey, Speedy, because you won't spend any money, we all know you have money. I was using one of my boy's old shades. What I was using You leave your wallet behind enough you can have anything you want. See peoples, what the emailer said, stupid email. Hey birch a birge, love Love, love the New Show. I don't really hate George Strait, but Greg did hate.
Speaker 3: I took hate back.
Speaker 4: You mean, hey, okay, but Greg did he had hit the nail on the head when he compared him to the lead singer Gorilla at Showbiz or Chuck E Cheese Pizza. He's not the worst artist we've ever laid eyes on, and the songs are pretty good, but he does seem a little robotic in his delivery. I couldn't get that out of my mind. Hey, thanks Greg, y'all keep up the good work. Yeah, and again I rephrased George, he's you did say that. Yeah, I did it originally, it just came out, but I didn't mean that. You don't hate anybody about a song. Right here we go, Hey, birch a birge. I was thinking about the conversation you guys have been having about Big Lou and David from Flowery Branch, Georgia. Yeah, and Adler's perfect rendition.
Speaker 3: Of course. I saw a commercial for some new cleaner called Abra Cadabra.
Speaker 4: You guessed it. It'll clean anything but won't harm anything. Unfortunately, the dude's selling the stuff. I don't think i'd buy brake pads from him. What Gibbs, I'm a mark kidding guy, and I can only can think of that that they've shifted focus to nothing but something memorable. They just want to be memorable. Credibility doesn't matter anymore as long as you remember the spot. Think back to to Billy whatever. You know the guy, yeah, the guy, yeah, yeah, he said. I guess he started this trend. You know, let us know what these companies are doing. Love the show, Adam.
Speaker 3: I think you're right. I think they just want you to remember the commercial. Now. Yeah, we have a prime example. Yeah, did you love you loved the term? I would not. I would not buy break pads from him. That's Adler.
Speaker 4: Looked for the email I sent you from will w I l L Hey Burge, Hey Burge. I had to make quick uh well some people some people sail with one L who spells will with one L. There's a lot of people do that on the job site. For one, I had to make his name because Bill b I hell hell, okay, all right, okay, thank you, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, thank you, thank you?
Speaker 11: Hey Rick, Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, there is ed all right about this.
Speaker 4: You remember when Andre the Giant used to fight a bunch of small people want you three meet me at the face.
Speaker 9: We have to, all right.
Speaker 4: So I was walking down frozen food all in the grocery store and I have to glance over and I saw ice cream for dogs?
Speaker 6: Oh what frosty paws?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: You heard me?
Speaker 4: Any good ice cream for your mangy dog. Parena is actually selling two different flavors of ice cream for dogs.
Speaker 3: A dog want ice cream? Have you ever seen this peanut butter?
Speaker 8: And what?
Speaker 3: Why would it? Can you just eat it as a person or dogs? Out of no, I don't think dogs can eat ice cream, So it's special ice cream for them. They're dogs, pup cups and stuff like that.
Speaker 11: This is brilliant peanut butter flavor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just miss brilliant. That's crazy. This is for your dog. D from old g D O G dom.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, simply eltworking the competition the Rick.
Speaker 3: That's right. Ain't nobody hang with us, Ain't nobody hang with us. We're always on the move, got something going, never stop?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: Fired up? Ready drawing back like a flip? Okay, A couple of things from text Nation.
Speaker 4: Hey burg a birge, Uh, your book is not in the Ricking the Rick Burgess Show Store.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 4: So if you want to get the book, we do have links though on our website, rick burgesshow dot com. You can use that link that goes directly to the publisher. It just didn't make sense to stop the book in the Rick Burgess show Store because the grace of God, it's kind of rapidly going out so fast, and then we have to actually, you know, buy those wholesale and then put them in the store. It was just simpler to let you because there's so many places you can just grab it and go. So no, if you're looking for it in our store, it won't be there. That's mainly a peril and specially items but CDs and you know, things like that and books right now we probably we probably won't do those there, so anyway, just let you know. But so, yeah, there is a link for the book on our website, so instead of clicking shop, just click on it and it's just for the book. Okay, thanks for asking though, helix sleep dot com. Speaking of other cool things, you need to have talk to somebody yesterday. Talk to them yesterday and they said, hey, advertising works. I said, what do you mean, look, I need a new mattress. I heard you guys talking about Helixsleep dot com slash Big Box. I've already filled out the sleep quiz. I've already given them all my information, and I'm about to pull the trigger and order a customized mattress. Go ahead, go ahead, do it. Let them get once they've got the information.
Speaker 3: Now you just need to go.
Speaker 4: I'm in free shipping right to your door. You got one hundred nights to sleep on it. On the mattress, it was customized for you. Bull that's right, not just not just one that was on the floor at a showroom. You lay down, SAE that out of work. Now, this was customized for you. Go to Helixsleep dot com slash Big Box, get yours at twenty percent off, Helixsleep dot com slash Big Box at twenty percent off. Or you can look under the sponsor's button at Rick Burgess show dot com. A couple of things to discuss here. Food hack. Do you love when somebody tells you a hack? Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how this is gonna work because they're kind of flimsy.
Speaker 3: Raise your hand if you love a tortilla. My hand is way up.
Speaker 4: I could eat tortillas. Yes, I eat them until a trainer Seane slaps them out of my hand. I love a tortilla, yes, I just love them. I'll just eat a tortilla by itself. Yes, I just love them, so someone has said. And I do like them sometimes to be a little toasted. Oh yeah, man, But but I've never heard of put one in a toaster.
Speaker 11: Well, I don't know about this, and I wanted to see what y'all thought of it.
Speaker 3: Look at this.
Speaker 6: They say that Mexican restaurants don't want you to know this.
Speaker 11: I don't think Mexican restaurants care if you know this.
Speaker 3: I doubt think right.
Speaker 6: But y'all, it's toasty and gold and brown, and it looks great, and it's standing up on its own, and I might have to give this a try.
Speaker 4: I'm going to I'm guys, I have a feel I'm gonna start some toast to fire. Yeah, because the way they're doing it, the picture of those who can't see it. They're taking a tortillo a tortilla, and obviously you can't just put it in there. You gotta fold it. So they're folding it and they're letting it come in, you know, back first and just let it toast. And then when it comes out, as Adler just said, it's almost formed in taco form. It holds where you can put the meat and chicken or cheese or whatever you want in it. And now it's become like a hard shell taco. But it's a tortilla.
Speaker 11: Yeah, mom, I gotta say. I made a lot of tortillas last week.
Speaker 6: I made a gigantic batch of like taco meat, just like a huge batch so the family could eat on it for a couple of days. And I was just making I was cranking out tortillas like crazy chick chickeny cheese, case of dia whatever. I love chicken cheese, yes, And I made one, and I was in a hurry, so I didn't I didn't put it in the just in a frying pan and whatever, y'all. I forgot how good it is when you get it nice and perfect and crispy brown.
Speaker 11: The tortilla tortilla. I'm a I'm a tortilla guy. I like soft tacos. I like soft tacos, but if.
Speaker 6: You can get it a little bit of it likes it's it's like It's the best of both worlds.
Speaker 11: A hard talk on a soft taco. Because it's crispy on the outside.
Speaker 6: It keeps the chewing it's on the almost makes it almost makes your tortilla stronger so it can hold more.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 11: I had to get down. That happened to me last week. I was like, I'm not I'm grilling it every time for now forever.
Speaker 3: Will you try that? Will you try this?
Speaker 11: The toaster makes me nervous.
Speaker 3: It does me too.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna start a fire.
Speaker 7: Y'all gonna gonna fall off the It's called monitoring it do y'all remember those in Texas?
Speaker 11: Yes, I do, buddy, when they're homemade.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, I dream about it. Yes, the next Yeah, we're sorry. I didn't know what.
Speaker 4: Sorry man, we were in a hurry.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: You couldn't hold it a bit longer. It took a while.
Speaker 9: Letsten go.
Speaker 3: It didn't just didn't give me a while.
Speaker 4: Video eight Speedy, This could be a big day for you, it says. Instant hair.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, man, I need to look myself. Instant hair where they just spray your scout.
Speaker 6: They're spraying like some adhesive on there. And then they're gonna spray like some carpet on there. That looks really good.
Speaker 3: You're getting, brother, you're getting hair. Look at that? Do that? Please? For all this good?
Speaker 9: Get that? Please?
Speaker 4: I'm begging you me to go to Larry's first of that, but I want you to go there first, so you can go Larry's.
Speaker 3: Like, watch your hair?
Speaker 6: What's all over my couch head?
Speaker 3: Sleeping on it? Greg told me the Calvin was a man's name who's black.
Speaker 4: You know what your your Your name would fit, wouldn't it?
Speaker 3: Yes, it would Calvin.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I don't understand the white men go through lengths like this, like what what do you do?
Speaker 3: Look just like I'm doing this. Just be just be how you are.
Speaker 11: Yes, evidently there are some men that care more about what they look like.
Speaker 3: That guy's creamy, smooth, he can pull it off.
Speaker 11: And I need to care more. I should care more.
Speaker 3: But some men care too much. No, it wouldn't.
Speaker 4: You really would not caring enough. And there's caring too.
Speaker 11: Much and I don't care enough.
Speaker 3: I should care, but I need to care more.
Speaker 11: My buddy, the amount of time you spend worried about being being bald, just.
Speaker 6: Go work out.
Speaker 11: It's go work out.
Speaker 6: That will improve your life way more than spray and junk on your head to look like some carpet headed freak.
Speaker 4: The fact, man, one time you were doing the preventative and I used to tell you it was unnecessary because you had a good head of hair, but you had a side effect that you get that you.
Speaker 3: Had to get away from. You quit taking it, Remember that.
Speaker 6: Greg, I think I told you that in confidence. Straight up, I took it in my twenties. I did think I was going bald and you were, and it worried me and I freaked out. And I'm more mature now, so then I would have cared about going bald evidently, but now I don't. It's like, once you're past thirty, get married, half kids, yeah, and don't care what.
Speaker 3: You look like. That's my advice. Now, why did you quit taking it?
Speaker 6: That wasn't accurate, Greg, I was messing with you when I told you that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good gosh, peedy, Well what are you doing?
Speaker 3: That's it's in commercials stuff. It's part of a lot.
Speaker 11: That's technic, that's a medical term.
Speaker 3: It is a lot.
Speaker 6: Maybe not in your early twenties, but I mean that's you know what, they're pertraining something that's.
Speaker 4: Not they're actually seeing. They're actually seeing that.
Speaker 6: I've got I've had two kids since then, Roger taking it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now, do you know they're having issues with the younger man more than ever say what they're trying it to.
Speaker 2: Porn.
Speaker 11: What you're gonna say, Yes, yes, there are meless people. They're meetingless people.
Speaker 4: They just sit there on their phone. What they're living vicariously through other people horrible. Yeah, it's terrible. They don't connect with anybody.
Speaker 11: There's a word for that. There's a word for what you are.
Speaker 4: If you, if you but please, yeah, if you watch that.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad taking that.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm glad.
Speaker 13: Because he got you know, yeah, yeah, you trained something that's not accurate. No, I'm saying at the time it was, but then you know that's not accurate at all.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought that's what.
Speaker 6: Just because you're gonna get killed doesn't mean you need to throw something story on me.
Speaker 3: I really because he said, yeah, he did tell that, but you were kidding, you were you a kid, didn't know that was unhonest. I didn't say that you said you were that point yet, but you had heard rumored that it could cause that.
Speaker 6: I think that did it.
Speaker 11: I think that did happen. Yeah, I don't thank you, but that did not happen to me.
Speaker 3: Because you were afraid of that.
Speaker 11: I got it, but he wasn't afraid of it.
Speaker 4: I wasn't afraid, Greg, Greg, let me steal something from Pat cemetery of the movie Sometimes bald is better.
Speaker 3: Let's let's be right.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, only in America. Could these four men do this for a living? Un bless America? This is the Wicked but Show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe let's go. Thanks for being with us today, America. Don't forget the archives every day you catch them on the podcast channel or the YouTube channel. Never have to miss a moment of the show. You can get it on demand on your own time. Also a lot of other content available as far as the the YouTube channel is concerned, and also on the podcast channel to a degree because you do have the Wednesday Bible Study every week on both of those and strange encounters the new podcast.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: Uh, anyway, other things that we have not hit today that we can work our way through.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: So I was looking about you know this, make America healthy again? You gotta watch out. You know, you got to watch out because you can. You certainly like the sentiment. But before but until they come to get your food. And so we now have I didn't know about this the line they could cross if you if you are a doctor. Pepper zero sugar consumer UH recall upgraded as the FDA warns of a serious health risk for diabetics. I'm diabetics, so I'm going sugar free.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's kind of working against it, isn't it?
Speaker 4: A recall of mislabeled cases. Here we go again, Here we go again of doctor? What's going on with these man? Can nobody?
Speaker 3: Uh? So that's regular and zero cans what they're saying.
Speaker 4: Doctor Pepper zero sugar has been upgraded amid serious health risk UH. The cases of soda were found to contain full sugar. Last week, the FDA's recall was upgraded to Class two. That that means a situation that US uses or exposes people uh to something that could be VOLI but what, I guess the reason why they're saying that. I don't you know, I don't I have friends who are diabetic or they have you know, family members that are I guess what they're saying, is you might consume doctor Pepper zero thinking I'm good and consume enough of it. Yeah, where if you knew it was sugar, you might just had one, you know, or a small or maybe you can't have any. I don't know, but they're just saying, this is that thing. We keep seeing something that's labeled something that it's not. So doctor Pepper zero, which has a lot.
Speaker 3: Of labeling problem, goes to food allergies and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: We got a lot of labeling label mislabeling going on right now.
Speaker 6: It looks like every can that has that potential issue has the same best by date February sixteenth, twenty twenty sixth is distributed in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, note to Seth, I go to see Larry.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, let me finish on food. Then I'll to Joe Rogan.
Speaker 4: Pizza, chocolate, and donuts among the food you can bring on flights now, according to the TSA, I like good news about those three. By the way, I just got it. That just got a text from a friend of mine. Just so you know, Birge. I'm now at Dallas Fort Worth Airport as well, my flight has been delayed three times already, thinking of you guys. Also, Tsa threw away a little bottle of hot sauce that was still sealed. They said it was point four ounces over the limit.
Speaker 3: Wow tough. Wow a draw line somewhere. Yeah, travel size.
Speaker 4: He's also saying, I'm also experiencing a carry on that I was told this is a legal carry on, only to be told I had to check it at the door and can't carry it on. I know, I think I can change it. I just don't know if they'll.
Speaker 3: Ever let me.
Speaker 4: But now TSA says that you can bring pizza, chocolate, and donuts on to a flight, all right, So I didn't know that you you never could.
Speaker 3: You just have to keep somebody's emotional support animal out of it.
Speaker 7: Greg, that is such a good one, you know, well said would you share with your somebody sit beside you? Y, that looks good.
Speaker 3: They did say.
Speaker 4: They did say certain airlines will tell you can bring pizza up, but then make you leave it at the door for me, So it was yeah, it's saying that you now can bring these on.
Speaker 3: They may pack.
Speaker 4: You may pack a pie, a cake, a pizza, solid cheese, and chocolate, cooked meat, cookies, crackers and candies and cereal solid food items not liquid your gels. Yeah, it can be transported in either your carry on so you can eat it. I can't are checked bags, so that that's that's a change.
Speaker 3: You couldn't carry it.
Speaker 7: Now did we did we do the pillow case uh trick that everybody's doing with the carry on?
Speaker 9: Did we do that story.
Speaker 2: About that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Travel hack?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I'm like, you got a pillow, but it's really stuff in there that that you want to carry on. Oh really, people are sneaking stuff like like Kevin, Oh that's right, same thing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that was with a sheet at a hotel where I was supposed to have.
Speaker 3: You really don't forget anything. Oh look, it's a great story there.
Speaker 6: You go pillow hack and put it on top of your suitcase like it's like you would just a pillow.
Speaker 3: Like they think a pillow.
Speaker 7: They're just gonna use it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So they're saying to be dishonest, Yes, that's.
Speaker 3: What a lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're saying that's what people are doing. Right, I'm just a pizza in that or.
Speaker 6: Even you could do the next pillow to the next pillow don't work pillow those neck pillows.
Speaker 11: You ever see anything?
Speaker 3: Have you ever see?
Speaker 4: You ever seen this cat at the airport that walks around with the neck pillo on the entire time? Yes, what do you think that's sharp or something? You're playing linebacker for seventy five?
Speaker 3: Depends your nerve?
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna have to have like an actual like neck brace for that thing to do anything. Otherwise you just you wake up and your neck is and you're miserable and the guy next to you farting like Greg didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you? Huh law law What do you call that lawyer? A lawyer? No? Okay, no way? Did you know where you did?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: It was your dad that that something happened to him on an international flight on sleeping That has spooked me. You know, sometimes people take something that helps you to sleep so that you can sleep and get sleeping on international flights and things like that. And your dad did that one time, but he didn't know his neck got in a bad position and the drug was working so well that he didn't wake up, and then he gets where they're going and he can't enjoy it because he's got a creak in his neck the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yes, that spooked me. That spooked me out.
Speaker 4: Now about you can you can? You can be so asleep you don't know. You're not even uncomfortable enough to fix your neck in the right position.
Speaker 7: How about I saw the coolest hack when we were flying this this this lady, but you're kind of sitting close to us. She took the tray and and she opened it up and then put like a napkin and then closed the tray by up to where this is hanging, and then took her phone case off and put the napkin between her phone and the phone case. Then pushed the phone case back on, and the and the phone just hung there on the back of the seat where she didn't have to hold it.
Speaker 4: She watched a movie.
Speaker 3: I thought that was pretty, that's smart, pretty.
Speaker 6: Crazy, that's smart.
Speaker 11: And you did a good drib of John describing it.
Speaker 3: By the way, that's a lot of details. Yeah, it was like, hey, that's pretty because you're sitting there holding it. Are you trying to lean in terrible?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: And then so she just sat there. I ended up watching the movie with her. But show it's just right there. Greg, I meant to ask you, but hackant. I meant to ask Greg about thousand pounds. Sisters, did you watch it?
Speaker 4: Did you watch it? Dammy, she's she's done with her skin removal, and and hey she's they see they took They asked him how many pounds of just skin?
Speaker 3: They took ten pounds of skin. Oh my goodness, that old goozle's gone. Really wow, how's that necklok?
Speaker 4: I mean she, I mean, she's still weird looking, but she Yeah, it does. But they show old pictures when she weighed seven hundred, seven hundred. They ain't even I mean, it's unbelievable. Yeah, they say you're a man amy for breaking wind in the waiting room at the hospital and stinking it up.
Speaker 3: That got a big fight about it. Look at it there it is? Wow. Oh gracious, well, okay.
Speaker 6: They say that when you gain a bunch of weight, it actually makes your skull swell to so then because then you have the you know, the head of a seven hundred pound woman, did you, But then you lose all that weight and your head stays the same because you're you know, and then you're now you're talking around, you're one hundred and fifty pound woman walking around with a seven hundred pound woman's head.
Speaker 3: Can your neck got rid of that big all the chins and that's a great question. Yeah, that's a huge it's like a big, a big golf ball on the team. Good for her to get to but the thousand pound sisters did deliver. It was hilarious. That was last night's episode. Yes to great.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show.