Speaker 1: It is Monday Victory Monday October. Second, this is Jaguars Happy Hour, Jeguars Happy Hours walks you buy Jet Home Loans and now a guy who believes fish and Chips is a tracking device for your pedminow Jay pe Chadar and welcome in.
Speaker 2: It is Jaguars Happy Hour from London, presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 3: In the first hour, we are at the Pavilion End Pub on Watling Street, two blocks from Saint Paul's Cathedral. JP Shadwick with Tony Boselli no Pete Prisco. This week it could be the best happy hour in the history of happy hours.
Speaker 4: Jeff Lagman is in.
Speaker 3: That's another reason why it could be one of the best happy hours of all time.
Speaker 4: And I mean it's a combination of two things JP.
Speaker 5: Yes, One, I don't have to correct Prisco with his bad takes continuously throughout the show. And second, we have not just one football expert yours truly, but we got two because my partner in the booth, Logs has joining us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huge Hue, thanks for coming in Logs sure. And a nice thing is is that you guys don't have to use that build of blocks underneath it.
Speaker 4: Right, you know, sitting on phone books. That's what he does. Oh Pete, we love you.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: Listen, it's just too easy to take shots, so we're gonna continue to do it.
Speaker 4: But we still love it.
Speaker 3: We got two hours of shots to take from somebody who's not here, yes, and that's okay easy.
Speaker 4: We can definitely do that.
Speaker 3: We're on ten ten XL ninety two point five FM and Jacksonville Jaguars dot Com Jaguars YouTube recapping Jaguars twenty three Falcon seven at Wembley under the Arch yesterday. Back to basics on offense and a strong defensive effort, three takeaways for the Jaguars and the first winning Wembley for the Jackson's twenty seventeen, and a lot to cover here. Coming off that rough game last week. All three faces contributed to that loss. Well, they got back on track and let's start.
Speaker 4: With the offense.
Speaker 3: It just felt like, hey, let's get it to Ingram, let's get it to Christian Kirk and if Ridley's opened down the field. Sure, Trevor used his legs some and it felt just a little more manageable on offense.
Speaker 5: Back to basics. The guys that you trust at the wide receiver and let's let's take a step back. I mean, look at the overall thing.
Speaker 2: The goal was to win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at the end of the day, I mean after that game in.
Speaker 5: Jacksonvilleans the Texans, you had to find a way to win a game. You know, back to back losses, a lot of bad, negative feelings. I don't think it was probably a fun week at work. Jeff knows what like after a loss like that. So you had to find a way to win. And I think somebody I was on the field before the game and one of the staff members said it best to me.
Speaker 4: He's like, I don't care if we win by one point. You just have to get the taste of.
Speaker 2: Losing out of your mouth. Now.
Speaker 5: Was it great? No, I thought the defense was great. I think special teams were solid, not asked to do a lot offensively. This is four weeks in a row though, we're I'm not sure what our identity is, still clunky, trying to figure things out. But at the end of the day, it's uh and Jeff, it's better to figure those things out after a win than after a loss.
Speaker 2: Well, an offense what sixteen points, I mean, because you can't count pick six, the interception by Darius Williams, and.
Speaker 5: Well in one of those, in three of those who are point blank range, Yeah, where you had a.
Speaker 2: Field goal wearing opportunity, you took the ball over. And the good thing is, though, is that you got to win. And most importantly, you started I don't want to say fast, but you started without any mistakes. And I think that that allowed them to build some positive momentum in that ball game, and the defense got back on track in a big way. And it helps that you're facing an offense and the Falcons that doesn't have a lot of great speed. They've got a great back, but an inexperienced quarterback. And uh And I thought the Jaguars did did a wonderful job on defense, but you know, here's the thing. As good as they did on defense, they still left some plays out there, and some of the performances on defense weren't where you'd want to have them, you know. So, I mean, if you're going to have a game where you win and then you have all these coachable areas and coachable points, I think you've got a lot of coachable points, both for the offense and for the defense and for special teams.
Speaker 4: It was interesting, guys.
Speaker 5: I was on you know, I do my Monday morning breakfast with the Sally.
Speaker 3: I've heard of this, Yes, it's.
Speaker 5: It's a big deal. And and the question from Dan and Jeff was today is like, who are we Like are we a bad team? And we all like we're not a bad team. Are we a good team though? Or a great team? Are we in the upper echelong of the AFC like we thought we were coming into the season. I don't think so, you know, but at first quarter of the season two and two, but we're still in this to Just's point, like we're still trying to figure out exactly what's our identity, you know, who can we trust as far as showing up week in and week out. The defense, for the most part, has had three positive games out of the four. Special teams has had three positive out of the four. Offense still trying to figure out what we are and so it's an interesting place we find ourselves in. And I think a lot is coming up to this game this week against the Buffalo Bills. Who is who are one of the elite teams in the AFC. They're one of the teams everyone thinks has a chance to represent the AFC in the super Bowl, you know, and everything else, and so this is a big matchup this week, and taught them, uh and see how kind.
Speaker 4: Of see where we stand? Oh what'd you call it?
Speaker 2: Tought theam?
Speaker 4: That's not wrong, that's not right? What is it? Totenham Tottenham?
Speaker 2: Aith?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean what are we doing to them?
Speaker 4: No? Tottenham?
Speaker 2: Tottenham, Tottenham? Thank you? Right?
Speaker 4: Tottenham there of course? Yes, okay, tought him coach. We got it in seven minutes into the show.
Speaker 5: I don't think anyone really cares whether it's Tottenham.
Speaker 4: To the British people here care, yes, yes, yes, fair.
Speaker 5: I mean I love our UK friends here, but they can't say Jaguar, that's fair.
Speaker 4: And so just because I can't say Tom, does it really match? It's a good point. What's more important? Jaguar or Toham?
Speaker 2: Now who's better at Saint Jaguars? Was it Gus Bradley or British thing? The British people by far discuss has no excuse. I just got a text from Pete. He was He just said something about you, Tony.
Speaker 4: Oh shocking what I said?
Speaker 2: You said you need to learn how to pronounce top good idea.
Speaker 3: Wait to go, Jaguars Happy, aren't into excel Jaguars YouTube and Jaguars dot Com.
Speaker 2: Glad you're with us.
Speaker 3: We are at the Pavilion Inn pub on Watling Street in central London, just a couple of blocks away from Saint.
Speaker 2: Paul's Cathe's with the walk up's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Came up out of the underground and you come up and there's the dome right down the one lane street right out in front of this place.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's great. This is a cool place coming up here. There's so many cool places in Lining though, and the pubs are some of the coolest places anything.
Speaker 3: Are you all drinking milkshakes? By the way, that's a little water, just like it looks like a milkshake. That is a nice cold beer.
Speaker 2: Oh, here's the beauty of doing the show here right it's trains and automobiles that we don't drive. I can have all the beers I want. This is Victory Monday.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm drinking minds full of water.
Speaker 3: He's staying hydrated. Hydration, audation, the logs does not matter.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie matter.
Speaker 2: I got I got water on the outside of my frosty mug Frosty.
Speaker 3: I guess all right, so let's let's touch a little more in this defense. And well, you talked about next week, I mean that Bill's offense. I mean Josh Allen for the Bills put up a perfect passer rating yesterday and was incredible five total touchdown. That's the next test ahead is this. Well, they were pretty good against Kansas City as well. You know this Jack's defense was So how do they match up just initially in your mind against Buffalo?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean this is the best offense though we'll have faced this there. Buffalo Bills are better than the Chiefs on offense because the.
Speaker 2: Chiefs right now, right now, because the.
Speaker 4: Chiefs take away Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 5: You look at this offense for the Chiefs that we face, they have zero They have no speed on the outside players. Travis Kelcey was a shell of himself when he played us because he's come back after the knee injury.
Speaker 4: Still score a touchdown.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying, but it wasn't full Travis kelce An offensive line that we.
Speaker 2: Didn't know about Taylor. Taylor was so changes everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, interior of the offensive line, which a lot of.
Speaker 2: People in Jacksonville disappointed that they did make it a little bit sooner the announcement wise than that week.
Speaker 4: I don't care, Taylor and Jackson. I thought you were a swiftie.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even name one song she sings. My daughter, Okay, is very was asking me the other day, when did we play Kansas City again?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Mike, my daughters are smart enough not to ask me those questions because I literally could not tell you one song she sings, and I don't care to know and could care.
Speaker 4: Less who Travis Kelcey or anyone else's Dating.
Speaker 5: Back to the Chiefs Chiefs, The Chiefs have a good interior line tackles. Okay, the Bills are talented at the back, talented at the quarterback, talent, really talented at the receiving position, and have a solid offensive line.
Speaker 4: So this will be the biggest test for.
Speaker 2: Our defense because they have Stefan Diggs and Gabriel Davis.
Speaker 5: They have speed outside and so they're gonna have to play their best. But the bigger test, in my mind, this is the best defense that we will face so far, and that's for an offense who has struggled a little bit finding a rhythm. This spills defense. You know, Leslie Frasier is not there anymore. Sean mcdermy is taking over. They are one of the top as far as statistics, statistically in the NFL. They're aggressive, they get after the quarterback, they're good against the run. They shut down one of the best offenses in the NFL in Miami this past Sunday. And so this right here, Jeff, we're gonna find out kind of where we are in the pecking order.
Speaker 2: As far as the sea and it's a tough matchup. You know, the Buffalo Bills offense is dynamic throwing the ball. They have a mobile quarterback. We haven't done well in the past with that. They're not committed to the running game. That's not what they do best. We match up the best with a team like the Atlanta Falcons. Okay, because I know that we got some sacks yesterday, but I don't know. I don't think that we can consistently apply pressure to opposing quarterbacks the way we'd like. I think that's still a little bit lacking. And as Tony said, this Buffalo defense is for real. Uh. They've got players on all three levels and it's gonna be a huge test, and it'll be interesting to see kind of how the fan base is gonna be at Tottenham too as well. You know, it's what the Jaguars got, you know, kind of an established fan base over here. Buffalo Bills, I'm sure the the Buffalo Bills, what do they call them, the Bill's Mafia.
Speaker 4: They're gonna travel.
Speaker 3: They travel here, I guarante they did last time we played them here.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you they'll travel.
Speaker 3: I'll be interesting. I'd rather get them as a Totenham Hosan Orchard Park.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the big thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is an advantage to jackson should be to us, because the where would you rather play the Buffalo Bills at HUP in Buffalo? Well, not allowed in Jacksonville. That's not on the that's not in the Bengo card. The Bengo card has London or Buffalo. I will choose London because we have an advantage.
Speaker 2: We're here all week.
Speaker 5: Guys are gonna be acclimated, acclimated, They're gonna be used to the every the circumstances, the surrounding areas, time change, everything else. Buffalo was coming after a tough game against Miami you're gonna have to fly over and get used to the time zones and everything else. So we should have an advantage here. Noise should not be an issue. Weather's not going to be an issue. So I'm glad we're playing them here.
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes in that neutral environment, though the noise can be at different times. And yeah, but they have to deal with the same thing, but not a true road game crowd noises.
Speaker 5: But j ap they had to deal with the same thing that. I mean, Buffalo's gonna have the same noise issues that we are. If you're in Buffalo, can't hear yourself, think you're at the opponent.
Speaker 2: No, And if this game were in December, it'd be oh good, you got that right now. But Buffalo, Look, Buffalo is a hard place to play. It is, and I played a bunch there back during the Jim Kelly k Gun days when they were rolling four Super Bowls. Marv Leavy, Bruce Smith and that place. Absolutely, you know.
Speaker 5: The only time it's easy to play in Buffalo, it's for the ninety six Jags.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's about it.
Speaker 4: Still resting on that one.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely, come on, the one that got you the gold jacket. So there's not much, Jeff, but I can do anymore. So the one thing we can do is reminisced of the old days and make it better than and make ourselves better.
Speaker 4: Than we actually were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in our days at Polk County High we were really good. Good. Hey, plenty ahead. We're just getting started.
Speaker 3: We've got two hours of this tonight here in London from the Pavilion Inn Pub on Watling Street. We'll be here Wednesday for Huddle Up as well five o'clock London time, and then Thursday for Happy Hour in the Doug Peterson Show, also five o'clock London time, if you want to come down and join us in the basement.
Speaker 2: Should be a fun week ahead. We've got plenty to come.
Speaker 3: Jags fans want customized Jags furniture.
Speaker 2: For your home.
Speaker 3: Check out zipchare dot com and browse all customizable options. Zip Chair Furniture for fans. A little more into this offensive performance yesterday under the arch at Wimbley. When we come back, it's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans. Welcome back at Jaguars Happy Hour. It is Victory Monday, October second, and we are at the Pavilion Inn Pub on Ling Street, Central London.
Speaker 1: J P.
Speaker 3: Shadwick, Tony Vosseli, Jeff Loghman in for Pete Prisco and the Jaguars came away with a win at Wimbley yesterday twenty three seven. The final score. I've upgraded to beavertown neck oil ipa. I've gone wow on the desk. You guys are enjoying your milkshakes over there, milkshake.
Speaker 4: You got food coming, Tony? What are you looking? I'm thinking about it. This is a I like this place.
Speaker 5: I could hang out here quite a bit if I lived here. But yeah, I'm looking at Maybe I got some good food here. The wings is really what I want.
Speaker 3: We need to see you eat wings on Jaguars dot Com might not.
Speaker 2: Be the best look for me. Okay, so maybe some hummus. We got a little chicken.
Speaker 5: You're on a diet, I am, but I mean this is dinner. It's dinner time, right. I heard cheese bread back behind me. That's really good.
Speaker 3: That's good for you. Everything is located, it's gluten free, preservatives conserve.
Speaker 2: They don't use preserved. Here's what's so great about it.
Speaker 5: But I where I'm leaning really heavily towards the sausage board. Okay, well, sausage and cheese, maybe some crackers.
Speaker 3: We'll see what appears at the desks as the show moves along here. All right, So the Shags offense yesterday, we touched on it briefly, and we're going to get into the offensive line and keeping it real a little bit late. So in the future of that group of possibilities, right, interesting, that's a little bit later. But in general, how did the group up front play yesterday? Shatley was in there left guard for the first time this season?
Speaker 2: At least?
Speaker 3: Did that change anything for you? Logs Wot'll start with you and then bring back the tone.
Speaker 4: You know, what did they look like up front?
Speaker 2: Eh? That's it? Scale of one to ten, that's probably around a five. I would say, I mean acceptable, winnable, good enough. I actually disagree with you.
Speaker 5: How I mean, when you were Jeff, twenty four rushes for sixty three yards by your backs, is that winning the bond?
Speaker 2: I mean you won? And I thought the one thing that they did do was protect the quarterback. I agree with, and that's what I was concerned about the most.
Speaker 3: And so because that is a veteran front seven grow up for the Falcon, and.
Speaker 2: I think Shatley helped. From the standpoint of in the couple previous games, Ben Bartch was getting beat to the point that there was immediate pressure in Trevor's face. And the one thing about Shatley is that, look, he's not a guy that's gonna get great movement in the running game, but he doesn't get smoked. Okay, And I'm not saying the bars get smoked. I'm saying he got beat a couple of times earlier in the early in the season so far, and Shatley's been a guy that's been the pendable as far as he's going to slow a guy down, He's not going to miss assignments. He's always going to be where he needs to be. Now, look, there are times that he can't match up physically with some of those big guys that play down in the trenches. But I thought it was better there and I think Walker Little continued to play well. I still think there's still they got to be There's got to be improvement at the center position, in the right guard position, in the right tackle position.
Speaker 5: Tony was SELLI I thought the run game was bad I think I think it was bad. They finished twenty four for sixty four. Takeaway Travor's yards because that.
Speaker 4: Those don't count.
Speaker 2: He's not a running back.
Speaker 4: Yeah right.
Speaker 5: I think it was twenty four for sixty three, so that's just over two yards of carry.
Speaker 4: That's correct.
Speaker 5: And watching the tape, I didn't watch the whole thing, so because I had some connectivity issues, I watched some of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought you were just busy doing one I was not.
Speaker 5: I was actually real technical issues. I did not think there was anywhere for Travis to go. Now Jeff can comment on the rest of the game that I missing second, but I never watching it live. I never felt for a second that there were holes that Travis is missing. The film confirmed that. I thought they were better in protection. I thought Trevor had time to operate do things. Trevor was great with his legs when there was no one open, and so I thought the offensive line did better that.
Speaker 4: I agree with Jeff's assessment that Chatley is.
Speaker 5: More solid, not as big a risk for the immediate getting just beat at the line of scrimmage and nowhere.
Speaker 4: To go type of plays.
Speaker 5: But the team has to run the ball better and right now watching the tape. I don't think they're playing with great leverage.
Speaker 2: They don't get a lot of push. And here's the other thing. They had a lot of personnel groupings in this ball game that included Blake Cans at tight end extra.
Speaker 4: It didn't help.
Speaker 2: So and so now you're looking to get better push, right with six offensive line up and Tony's dead on. I mean, Can's got beat up a little bit.
Speaker 3: There was one play Kalays Campbell stood him up. There was a couple of those.
Speaker 4: There was two of those. JP missed one.
Speaker 5: I know you're focused on doing play by play yesterday for Westwood One, but you missed that one.
Speaker 4: I missed that one, but I saw one. That's all I needed to see.
Speaker 2: But I think a lot of people were like, oh wow, that was a great idea of putting Blake Hampsey and six offensive linemen.
Speaker 4: It didn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't add anything to them. It didn't It didn't help them, I don't think at all.
Speaker 5: I think the only thing it did for them is change the personnel grouping that the Falcons matched them with. Ye really, and so you probably get some personnel some things you like, and they tried to throw out of it to get one on one matchups outside, which I think is a good game plan. I like what Press was doing there. I think the biggest issue is we do not play with good leverage.
Speaker 2: A lot a lot of teachable No, it's teachable.
Speaker 5: I mean it's a lot of stuff out of the gun. We're not under center very much. I would like to see a center center more my opinion. I our offensive guards are in two points almost all the time. Get a three point, like, let's move. Some people like, let's go downhill, let's get off the ball, let's be physical, let's take it too. And I in the offensive design and kind of how we're calling plays and what we're doing now, and I understand a little bit what Press is trying to do. He's trying to play a little bit more horizontal because I don't think he fully trusts the offensive line in a straight drop back passing situation.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: I think what Jeff said Press would probably is in the back of his mind. Are we physical enough to displace people? Obviously, based on how we're calling the game. No, So a lot of it's horizontal quick passes outside, trying to get playmakers in space, horizontal in the run game to see if we can create a scene here or there. But I really I think we need to play more physical with better leverage up front, I think.
Speaker 4: And is it possible, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: No doubt About to give some credit to one guy in particular that played for the Lanta Falcons defense. And I'm not talking about Kalayas. Jesse Bates. Oh, he is a good players safety.
Speaker 3: He came flying in a bunch in that game. Oh my, he's a good player.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm talking that number three and going to the game, watching the film on him, You're sitting there going, you know, this guy's really good. And then he brought it to a whole different level in this ball game. I mean he was an impact in the running game, He was an impact in the passing game. Very impressive guy.
Speaker 3: Bates with eight total tackles, one tackle for loss, a quarterback hit, had a force fumble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the heck of a.
Speaker 4: He had none officially, Oh I thought he had won at least it's.
Speaker 3: None in the book at Yeah, so he might not have got his true hand on it. But yeah, I mean that's they've got some guys on that defensive side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they don't have anything anybody that's impactful up front.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because Klayis is older. Yeah, I mean Grady, Grady's older.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's still pretty good.
Speaker 5: No, but I'm saying they're good players still, but they're not the disruptors that they once were.
Speaker 2: They're in spot. You know, Bud Dupries slowed down a bunch. They just don't have any impactful pass rushers or disruptive guys that are upfront that are consistent. Different though. I will tell you though, the other guy that impressed the heck out of me was a j Terrell. I mean, you want to talk about one of the more physical corners in the National Football League. He was very impressive and the Falcons were putting him on Ridley And it was interesting to watch the early part of that ball game because Calvin was open a couple times.
Speaker 4: But you could see that.
Speaker 2: You go back to the game against the Houston Texans at home, and Calvin had two drops. Calvin had a couple of false starts, and you could tell that Trevor didn't quite trust him early in this ball game, and so it took a little while for Trevor to warm up to the idea of throwing it to agent zero. And because he was opened a couple times now early in that ball.
Speaker 4: Game, why are we calling him agent zero now? Is that that was new to me? That's new to me. Also, are we calling him agent zero back here?
Speaker 2: Why not? The crowd likes it. Yeah, so we'll go with that.
Speaker 5: I would say this, and Jeff, you and I talked about it during the broadcast. I thought there was opportunities because I impressed did a good job of getting the front he wanted, the coverage he wanted in Calvin one on one with Ajterrell, and until the very end, Trevor did not trust a fifty to fifty ball with the one oh one coverage that he had.
Speaker 2: Set in the first half two minute drill where he could have.
Speaker 5: Taken and I think twice in the third quarter, there was opportunity two where he could have taken a shot to a fifty to fifty ball, and right now, Trevor's not for whatever reason he didn't take.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm not being critical of Trevor.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, for whatever reason, not speculating what the reason isn't Jeff could be right, could be Houston after that tough performance that Calvin had.
Speaker 4: But you get one on one with your number one receiver, take the chance.
Speaker 5: I think sometimes, I mean a few times a game, that's what you that's the matchup you want. While he's there, you have a number one guy could be because if you can scheme it up where that guy's one on one at their corner, you're gonna say, we're going I.
Speaker 2: Think this is a whole another learning process for Trevor two, because he's never had a number one guy at this level, and so he's still got to kind of learn, Okay, how much do I throw the ball his way and make it kind of make it his way versus letting it kind of come naturally his way. And so I think there's a balance. You know, he's a young quarterback and sometimes you just have to let the system dictate to where the ball goes. But then at other times you've got to understand that you've got a special talent and when you have somebody that's like that, like Calvin Ridley, and I don't want to put him in the same category as Justin Jefferson because Justin Jefferson is kind of at the top. But you know, when you've got a guy like that, sometimes you got to trust him and just like Trevor did late in the ball game when he got the pass interference call. But part of that trust is earned too, and I think that there's an evolution of process that needs to happen, and it's not only just Trevor, but it's Calvin as well, to show and prove to his teammates and the coaches that hey, I deserve to get the ball more than others in even when the system doesn't dictate that.
Speaker 3: Sign up your furry friend for the Jaguars Official Four Legged Fan Club for Pets presented by Forever Vets Animal Hospital. Your pet will receive access to exclusive merchandise, events and sweepstakes throughout.
Speaker 4: The twenty twenty three season.
Speaker 3: Visit Jaguars dot com, Slash Promotions, Slash four Legged Fan Club and sign up today. Plenty Ahead in London at the Pavilion End Pub live to a studio audience or a pub audience after a Jaguars win at Wembley Over we Play Yesterday the Atlanta Falcons twenty three to seven of the Finalist Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans. Welcome back to the Pavilion End Pub in London after a Jaguars win in Week four. It's Jaguars Happy Hour, presented by Jet Home Loans. The Hyundai studios have come into the basement of the Pavilion End today and.
Speaker 4: Throughout the week.
Speaker 3: We'll be here Wednesday and Thursday as well. Huddle up Wednesday five o'clock London time, and then Thursday Happy Hour on the Doug Peterson Show. That's also a five o'clock London Time live to the crowd here. We'll air to back at four o'clock in Jacksonville on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Here at the Pavilion End, we're two.
Speaker 3: Blocks away from Saint Paul's Cathedral on Watling Street. Recapping the Jaguars win over the Falcons yesterday and Wembley and of course the Jaguars did actually flip around their schedule this week. The players officially had today off. I think they were all invited to the full of match tonight down at Craven Cottage. They'll be back to work Tuesday and then on the field Wednesday, Thursday, Friday ahead of the game at Spurs coming up on Sunday against the Buffalo Bills. All right, so Jaguars defense. We touched on that earlier logs and Josh Allen another three sack performance. Yes, it was a three sack performance week one, right, but a couple of those were out of bounds line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Fine, where does this one in your mind rank? True?
Speaker 3: The sack fumble at the end, that's before we get hot. I got to get some playerity here. So we had three sacks week one, right?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I just said that three sacks.
Speaker 4: Yesterday.
Speaker 2: I also said that, didn't he have a sack in between the I thought.
Speaker 4: He had enough.
Speaker 2: You were saying that yesterday, But.
Speaker 4: No, he didn't have a tackle with the lion screws of a quarterback in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now I was wrong. He's got six for the year.
Speaker 5: I read that too. I'm not I swear in one of those rode with it in our broadcast. What you want to say he's got for it sounds great to me.
Speaker 3: Say whatever you want, Tony. I mean, you're in the Hall of Fame. You can make up SATs now.
Speaker 4: I literally thought that for some reason, thank you very much clapping to that.
Speaker 5: I really thought, for some reason, I thought he had a sack in Uh. It gets the chiefs on my scrimmage homes.
Speaker 4: No, okay, no he did that.
Speaker 2: You know, look the sacks that he had.
Speaker 3: But answer the question now, pulling up the stats on the official NFL stats site, it's great week by week, And yeah, JP.
Speaker 4: I understand what the stats I say. I heard all day on ESPN he had six acts.
Speaker 2: I would love for him to have another side.
Speaker 4: I would too.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he would.
Speaker 4: How my brain missed it for some reason. I swore he had a sack in Kansas City, but he did not.
Speaker 2: He had been And to answer your question, JP, about the sacks, I would say that one of them right week one, they were all effort sacks and and those count and great effort. And I thought that those uh, that was a really great effort by Josh and great speed, great uh agility and chasing a quarterback down in Indianapolis that had great athletic ability. Now this pass game, the first one the quarterback ran into him, and that's okay. And then uh, the last one though was legit a great great rush against Matthews. You know, you got it.
Speaker 3: Who's a good offensive tackle, Tomahawk Chop you know about you know, one of the probably top half tackles in the league Matthews yep, and that was a great, great job and he had some really good rushes. I mean, but two out of those three, uh, you know, are the ones that you'd like to have when you're in a contract year. And because every time in JP at the end of the year, they don't a lot of times go back and look at him and sit there and go, you know, well, you know that one probably wasn't a great pass rush, but he got a sack.
Speaker 2: At the end of the year, they add up. Then they start adding up to a big number. That cash register is just going kotcheing kachin.
Speaker 5: I will say this about Josh Allen. I think he's playing very good football. I think he's playing as far as in the front seven, probably the most the best quality, assistent, good winning football out of that group.
Speaker 2: So he's the best of the front seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, right now, I know.
Speaker 2: I think a Lucan's playing well too, Yes, no doubt about it. Yesterday did oh, he's been great. I think Cisco's playing well.
Speaker 5: Cisco had an excellent game yesterday, explin game. I thought Tyson had a good game yesterday too, solid, but not a lot of opportunities but solid.
Speaker 4: But our pass rush is still an issue.
Speaker 2: To be to be honest with you, you know, because I know that a lot of people would ask this question, how's Trayvon playing? Hey, you know what locks? How is Trayvon Walker playing?
Speaker 4: Good question? JP question.
Speaker 2: I didn't think he played very well yesterday?
Speaker 4: Why he had he had a sack?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 3: I think the numbers don't lie in the year descri the play to me, they add up.
Speaker 5: To go ahead. I was being facetious and I would agree with your assessment. The sack he got was he fell into it where Ritters trying to run when he shouldn't have run there was no pressure and tried to escape and use his legs and get a first down. And Trayvon happened to be right there.
Speaker 3: And uh, it's good timing. I mean, you're in the right place at the right time. You can't fault him for that.
Speaker 5: Just so, just so you know, a defensiven should not be on the line of scrimmage on a passing situation.
Speaker 2: No, he got a good play though. On the uh when Trey Herndon pushed Drake London out of the back of the end zone, Trayvon had good pressure on that one. Yeah, but you remember at the beginning of the second half when all of a sudden the Falcons started getting the running back and running game rolling a little bit there with b Jon Robbins absolutely first drive. Yeah, of those plays where Bjon Robinson gets out, Trayvon's got to be better. I mean just you know, he's got he's got the opportunity to just just you know, figure it out, look at it and see what the play is and react in a good way, and you minimize those plays to no game. And he didn't make the plays.
Speaker 3: It was one of those that big field flipping run that Bejon had, Yeah, the one who kind of run left hole is right and go do they do?
Speaker 2: They faked his own one way and then he plants his foot and he ends up being a counter Basically, it's kind of like a little counteraction and and Trayvon has got his outside arm free and all you have to do is just kind of see the play and then come up the field and make it. And he was late and late diagnosing it and then late to react and then just didn't have to speed once Bijon you know, got to run the outside on him.
Speaker 5: Well, I think what I continue to worry about it, and I do not want to take anything away from our defensive performance.
Speaker 4: I thought they did a great job, had three takeaways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I don't want to take anything away. This is like not the day they gave up seven points. JP are making my point. Yeah, I'm just looking ahead. I mean, the Falcons have no quarterback. Let's just call it what it is. Yeah, he can't.
Speaker 2: Like we were.
Speaker 4: During a break in the first half when he became seventeen nothing. I looked at Jeff. I'm like, over, this game's over, I said.
Speaker 2: I said in the broadcast, I said, if they got a touchdown here, the game's over. And Tony, once we go to breaking, the games already over. I already said it when.
Speaker 5: It was seventeen nothing and we got the interception, and Jeff said on the air, and I didn't want to say it to Jin Says or anything, but in the break, I'm like, Desmond Ritter cannot bring this team back.
Speaker 4: They are not made to do it. Like he can't play from the pocket and start slicing and dison and they don't have the speed outside, no speed, and Kyle pitts is and all that. Jeff Dion's totally different.
Speaker 2: He's not playing very well.
Speaker 4: John Smith had a bunch of catches.
Speaker 5: Johnny Smith is better than Kyle Pittrick, and so we're dealing with it different animal this week. Josh Allen down.
Speaker 2: Seventeen can slice indicce you.
Speaker 5: Stefan Diggs is one of the best receivers in the NFL. They got talent all over the place in offense, and they score a lot of points.
Speaker 4: They have a great defense.
Speaker 5: But sticking on Buffalo's offense, our defense or Atlanta's offense, our defense, our pass rusher has to get better because the challenge we're gonna have this week. If you let Josh Allen sit back out back there.
Speaker 4: He will pick you apart.
Speaker 5: He said JP he had a perfect passer rating perfect perfect against a good Dolphin. A defense for the Dolphins has been pretty good this year.
Speaker 2: And so and'll challenge you with the scrambling a bill. Absolutely. So it's kind of two parts now.
Speaker 5: So Josh Allen has to have a huge week and dominate. But the rest of those guys, Trayvon's gotta play better rush in the passer otherwise, I mean Caldwell is gonna be forced by Caldole is gonna be forced to dial up a bunch of blitzes, and Jeff, I'll kind of hand this off to you because you're the defensive expert. What I worry about is if all of a sudden we start blitzing and try to play man. Because we played more man this week, because we weren't afraid of the speed. I don't think we match up in man coverage against the Bills very well.
Speaker 2: No, and that the Falcons reason we played man. They're best receivers. Drake London. We we matched up a couple of times Trey Herndon against him, and we know that Trey Herndon's not real fast, right, I mean, that's not his forte. He's a kind of a zone corner. We had full confidence having Trey Herndon against Drake London. You can't do that this week against the Buffalo Bills. It's just it's just not gonna work. I mean, it just got too much speed. And so to Tony's point, you're gonna be a little less hesitant to play man against the Buffalo Bills, and so you've got to have more people in coverage that means less guys pass rushing, So that means you're gonna be rushing four win one on one, and you're gonna be dropping seven. And you've got to win the one on once and you've got to and when you do pressure, you've got to be clean. And you, when I say clean, you have to make the quarterback throw sooner than he wants to. You have to accelerate the window. And that's something that right now as a whole, they haven't done consistently enough with their blitz or their zone Dog Zone Blitz package.
Speaker 4: So far plenty ahead.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for the MVP of the truck game, then look no further than Ford F one fifty. Loaded with impressive capability and designed to dominate work play and everything in between. This truck makes tough look easy. Your local for dealer, proud partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars MS say, I have not seen one F one to fifty in England. They don't, they don't really have them. Over again, Tony, you put the headset back on.
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 4: I have an F one fifty back in the garage at part of Edra, but no, I have not seen I haven't seen a pickup truckle I.
Speaker 2: Have it either, So I'm saying they don't have them lugs, Jeff wouldn't work out for now. They've got trucks. They've got trucks over here, but they look like vans with pickup beds.
Speaker 4: I mean, but we're talking about F one fifties.
Speaker 2: Not seen an F one fifties.
Speaker 4: Sorry, we're back in a moment AFC South.
Speaker 3: When we returned, it is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 6: Now think I think, I mean, it's hard to say if you're over it, but but I think they were much more relaxed and really the energy today was much better than last week. You know, you saw it on the sideline. You saw it with the with the guys, the demeanor, their play, all of that, and it's things that we talked about during the week and you know, it's it's it's about how we respond, and the guys responded extremely well today.
Speaker 3: That is Doug Peterson after the game at Wimbley yesterday at Jaguars win over the Atlanta Falcons and welcome back.
Speaker 4: It's Jaguars Happy.
Speaker 3: Hour from the Pavilion End in Central London on Watling Street, a couple of blocks away from Saint Paul's Cathedral. The Jaguars with a win yesterday, getting ready for Week five at Tottenham Hotspurt.
Speaker 2: Tottenham, Hotspurt.
Speaker 4: Oh you said it wrong. No, no, no, Tottenham.
Speaker 3: I was just making sure you knew the first time you said it wrong, I said, Tottenham, mister judgemental, say it right.
Speaker 4: Dressed up for the show, by the way.
Speaker 5: I always dressed up for the show, you know, JP, I'm a professional broadcast.
Speaker 3: Your collar is out of whack here, That's okay, whatever you need.
Speaker 4: I'm glad. I'm so glad you.
Speaker 5: Look good, though, I mean, Jeff now t shirt, I'm not sure that's bad.
Speaker 2: You know, drinking beer.
Speaker 4: We're all drinking beer shirt. I'm like, yeah, I guess everyone else is dressed like a club issued a peril, so maybe I'm a little bit out of it by about. How about the spread we have here? We got some hummus. It looks great. But this sausage platter with I didn't know that it came with onion rings.
Speaker 2: That's a win right there. Yeah, it's day that looks very healthy.
Speaker 4: What is this? Is this like a that's go or something?
Speaker 5: No, it's some sort of relish we got going on here. I haven't dug in. Let me try the chutney or something. Let's see what this chutney is.
Speaker 4: That what that is? I'm gonna try it on a.
Speaker 2: On an onion ring on your ring on the air. This is great, there's interesting.
Speaker 4: So let me I'll move my mic.
Speaker 2: Son't yeah, the balance is key here.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's disgusting.
Speaker 3: I mean just I mean we're talking about slopping and gum and right, well, let's hold the mic down.
Speaker 4: Let's hear it.
Speaker 2: How is it?
Speaker 4: He's still he's still chewing. He's thinking, Yes.
Speaker 2: Tony outstanding, it's a it's not a man, I guess it almost. It tastes a little sweet, it has some fruit in there. It's very good.
Speaker 3: And we haven't handing of the sausages yet. Different types of sausage. Well, no, we did. I tried the sausage. You already take on JP. You need to get the mustard over there and then we can. Thanks, yeah, we need to there you go. You gotta have the mustard. That makes sense.
Speaker 5: That in so great food great great. First of all, it's always it's listen. It's great to be over here in London. I cannot say enough about our London Jaguar fans, but not just our London Jaguar fans which are growing by the day, also all the Jacksonville Jaguar fans from Duval across the pond to support us, like what Jacksonville and what shod Con and his the leadership are doing. Like set aside the Jaguar second for a second. I love the fact that we are investing in the growth of the sport I love, which is American football, which is a American sport, it is not an international sport, which Sead through the NFL is doing of committing to come to UK and not just for one week a year, but a staff over here twelve months a year, launching Jagtag, going to schools, going across UK. Up into this year, we went into Northern Ireland, you know Scotland.
Speaker 4: Next year we're going to Ireland.
Speaker 2: Did you did you know JP was out of school today?
Speaker 5: Yeah, was a school up north, up North, So you know, Jagtags all over the place.
Speaker 4: I was here from the beginning.
Speaker 5: So just the growth of the sport that I love, it's really important to me. And then if you make it Jaguar specific the growth of the fan base here and JP, you and I here about it all the time.
Speaker 4: On Monday nights, we get.
Speaker 5: Tweets and questions and we do a weekly segment for our UK fans, true that we do, and so that's grown. And then top it all off when we come over here and Jeff and I did an autograph signing Saturday.
Speaker 2: Who did that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Saturday, line out the door of this of this place, and I would say either fifty to fifty or sixty forty in the favor of Jaguar fans from Jacksonville Duvall fans flew to London to come support the team. I think it's awesome.
Speaker 5: And every fan I talked to, and this is at the autograph signing or in Wimbley yesterday, we're so excited and have told me how much fun it is to come over to London to watch the Jaguars play. And I talked to some fans that have done it every year and so this is such a for me.
Speaker 4: It's fun. I enjoyed.
Speaker 2: And there's a bunch of them that have come over here for both games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is so cool right there, We got our people the both game people here and shocking that they be the ones drinking beer.
Speaker 4: We'll listen to the.
Speaker 3: Show amazing by the way, and there's our also some people that went to the game yesterday and are going next week that maybe hop over to Paris.
Speaker 2: Or to Ireland. We met a couple last night, yeah, at the Mirror bar. Yeah yeah, these bars run together. But a long night and great people and from Jacksonville. And then now they're living in south Ford. They came over and they're doing the trip, you know, doing the thing to where they're here in London and then bam they're to go and visit another place for four days and then turn around and come back for the second game, and you know, making a whole adventure, which is which is pretty cool, you know. I mean, my wife and daughter are doing this kind of the same thing. They're going to Paris for. I went to Prague, that's true. Yeah, last last.
Speaker 4: I did the show. I did the show from progue lass who listened last week?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: You saw it on Jaguars dot com. Maybe he was in Prague, Czech Republic? How was that last week?
Speaker 4: Awesome? Awesome?
Speaker 2: Any Jaguar fans over there?
Speaker 5: I did not see any Jaguar fans over there. I did not, but that's okay, we'll grow that. I'll work on that next year, working on the Prague contingent.
Speaker 2: Today we did a little sight seeing, you know. We went down to the London Eye, Buckingham Palace.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all great things, Big Ben.
Speaker 2: And and actually walked from from the hotel.
Speaker 4: Which was got your steps in today.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of steps in today and I got got sweat. But I will tell you, Jaguar everyone you everywhere all over that was cool. I mean walking the streets of London and seeing Jaguars apparel. I mean that was cool, not just at the touristy spots, but where you where else you go in London. That's cool to see, you know, because when we.
Speaker 4: First came out here, that was where I was going.
Speaker 2: Jeff, what was the year thirteen twenty thirteen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe it was thirteen or fourth.
Speaker 2: I think it was the first year at thirty thirteen, yes, and it was Gus Bradley's first year as a head coach and first year that or one of the first years that Shad was the owner of the team. I think it was the first or second year, second year, second year.
Speaker 3: And when we came over here, and I'll never forget because we stayed at the Wembley Hilton. No we didn't, we stay at the Grosvenor, but we stayed the day before at the at the Wembley Hilt.
Speaker 2: The night before we stayed at No, that was later. No, No, that's right.
Speaker 4: Remember the first year we stayed out way out in the middle of But the first game, when you went to the first game, it was rare to see a Jaguars jersey.
Speaker 2: I mean, like rare.
Speaker 4: It was a special sighting, which.
Speaker 2: Was cool that you saw all the NFL jersey.
Speaker 5: It was a tapestry of NFL jersey, but that did not include the Jaguars.
Speaker 2: But since then, I mean, it's been amazing how many how many Jaguar jerseys you now see, and some of them are kind of classics. I mean, we had a Blaine Gabberd jersey at the signing that brought Gardner Minshew. We had we had the boats jersey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Blake Portals. Were there any fifty six logomans None?
Speaker 2: No? None, highly disappointed, Yeah, highly disappointed.
Speaker 3: I thought that would have that would have been an all timer. Yeah, there there was some Abdulla fifty six, Abdula Jersey fifty six Jersey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well how does that work?
Speaker 4: It's all good, though, JP, but it was I'm just saying all jokings.
Speaker 5: This is I enjoy it, and I think our fans enjoy it and I and I know for a fact that we've grown the fan base of American football, which is important to just me. I don't care if it's sporting anyone else, it's important to me. And I know we've the Jaguar fan base. Me yesterday before the game, and this was on Twitter and Instagram. This was the first for me, the gender reveal for a I don't know if you saw this, James, I missed this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: There was a pregame. There was a mother and daughter and the you know mother was probably my agent. She had a daughter who was pregnant and they wanted to do a gender reveal before the game, and so they came over. She the daughters were in a seventy one jersey and I did the gender reveal whether it was a.
Speaker 4: Boy or girl, and what was it?
Speaker 2: It was a girl, all right.
Speaker 5: And I'm just sitting there thinking these people had no idea who the Jaguars were before we started this whole journey. And to have this happen and to get a win, what a great day.
Speaker 4: We're back in a moment.
Speaker 3: The second hour of Jaguars Happy Hour will include fan questions from the audience.
Speaker 4: Look out, Tony, I can't wait, let's hear it, let's go, get ready to ask questions.
Speaker 3: At Jeguars Happy Hour, presented by Jehome Loans.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: It's the second hour of Jaguars Happy Hour and we are presented by mister Chubby's Wings.
Speaker 2: We welcome you to London. Are at the Pavilion End.
Speaker 3: Pub in the basement on Watling Street in central London, two blocks away from Saint Paul's Cathedral. After a Jaguars win in week number four over the Atlanta Falcons twenty three to seven, the final score. On to next week now the Jaguars face the Buffalo Bills at Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium.
Speaker 4: That's the coming Sunday. We're very well done, can we?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, real quick? We got a great crowd here, a bunch of jag fans and you got but the only thing is you miss timed your duvall. We'd like to hear a good duvall. Right now, not when we're not on air.
Speaker 4: We'll get us started, Tony. So can we get a Duvall on the counter? Three? Are we ready? All right? Here we go?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 4: Two, three? Beautiful.
Speaker 3: I like it, well done, Thank you very play to go, Tony. It's like you've done that before a couple of times. Yes, a lot to get to. Of course, in this second hour coming up, we'll get back into the offense again. Ridley doing it against his old team with a touchdown to open the scoring. Yesterday, the defense had three takeaways, including a pick six from Jerius Williams, three from Josh Yeah. I know, they almost had another one he dropped one. And then of course now the Jaguars back to even as is every team in the AFC South.
Speaker 2: Just you know, Darius Williams had really good game and he needed that. You know, the week before against the Texans, you know those two big long plays to Tank Dell, the one that was early in the ball game that set up the first Texan score, and then the one that was late that was a long touchdown that pretty much slammed the door shut. Those were on him and so great to see him bounce back and have a strong game, arguably his best performance that he's had as a Jaguar. And what's crazy is that that's the first interception that he's had since like November of twenty twenty. Wow, as a pro, which is amazing. That's a long stretch of time for a defensive back, especially one who's a starter, going without an interception. So I'm sure he feels so happy this week. Had to have the bounce back and then also to get that interception, which is the first one in a while.
Speaker 4: All Right, we're gonna pull the old switcheroo here.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it so normally on this program and those who listen or watch, we do the fanatics fan questions where we put out the cat signal on X and get the best posts, which.
Speaker 4: We've done again today.
Speaker 2: We might come back to that in a little while.
Speaker 3: Sure, we're gonna do live questions from the audience. We haven't done this since phone calls. And you were a huge fan of the phone calls, Tony, I know you were. Don't act like you weren't. We had fun, but tonight you get to face these people in person.
Speaker 2: Well, I love it, and we got a first one up here.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 2: Where you're from?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 7: I'm Ted from Jacksonville. Welcome going for both games?
Speaker 2: So I love Ted. I love it.
Speaker 7: Hey, Tony, I got a question regarding our offensive line. Okay, Cam Robinson's back from suspension. Yep, does he start Sunday against the Bills and where?
Speaker 5: And what do we do with Walker Walker? Great question, Ded, great question. I think we're gonna talk. We're gonna have to change our keeping it real. Okay, that's okay, we can double up. Yes, he starts. Cam is one of our best five offensive line. I mean there's no I mean, I don't thin Jeff would argue that. I don't think anyone would argue that. The problem you have if I were to look at the span of games that Walker Little has played at left tackle since Cam got hurt, and I think that is what now eight or nine nine games?
Speaker 2: This past game was was hit? Was Walker Little seventh regular season start in.
Speaker 5: His career, and then and then twooffs, so nine he's had nine arts. So if I look at that body of work and then I go back to the nine previous games where Cam Robinson started, I think Walker's played better at left tackle than Cam. Now if that doesn't change the fact that Cam's one of our best five. So now you have to ask yourself, Okay, how do I kind of what do I do with this? Because I need Cam on the field because he's one of my best five. But Walker Little is probably my best left tackle right now, just based on the body of Evans. So what I would do, I would and this change I have actually changed my opinion since preseason.
Speaker 2: Really I would take.
Speaker 5: Walker Little and put him at left guard because I think Walker Little is your.
Speaker 2: Best offensive linement period.
Speaker 5: And if you go back to the third preseason game, I thought Walker Little played very well, very physical, great job of getting to the next level when he played left guard, and so I think he's your best offensive lineman. Cam's one of your best five, and so to get both of them on the field, you put Walker at left guard and Cam at left.
Speaker 2: Tackle, but not taking over right tackle for it.
Speaker 5: No, Harrison, Anton Harrison is one of your best five offensive linement, and he has a ton of upside. You drafted in the first round. He has the upside. You do not move the rookie from right tackle.
Speaker 2: Right now, see I'm gonna slow it down a little bit, okay, and go back in time just a little bit. You remember in the preseason when Cam was playing a lot down the stretch at left tackle because you knew that the suspend. Okay, the head coach wasn't very happy with the performance of Cam Robinson in camp and standing.
Speaker 4: So so if.
Speaker 2: He didn't have a great camp, okay, and then during the suspension, now it's not like he's practicing, Okay, he's doing his own thing. He is not allowed on the practice field. He's been in the building field, not in the field, not on the field. Okay. So today, if they had a practice today, which they don't because the players had a day off, today is the first time he's allowed to practice. So here we're talking about a guy who had a level of inactivity. Okay, he was able to do some physical things, hasn't had a practice in multiple weeks. And then before when he was playing, he didn't play very well. So I think he almost have to if you're gonna do it, then and when I say do it, what Tony's talking about putting Cam in at left tackle and moving Walker a little left guard, that that's a there's a lot of faith there because you're doing something that you haven't trusted with your eyes, and you don't have any evidence that tells you that's the best thing to do. You're kind of just saying, hey, look, we think this might be the best thing to do, or we think this might be the best term long term, but maybe it's not the best for right now. So I don't know it. Maybe it takes a week, maybe it takes two weeks. I don't know. I don't know the answer to that. I don't Here's the thing, I don't know if there is the right answer. But I do believe what Tony's saying that eventually that that's where it needs to be. So I said, I mean, I'm gonna ask you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put you on the spot, Jeff, because I came out and said, this is what I did. Ted, great question.
Speaker 2: Appreciate what I do.
Speaker 5: Appreciate it based on what you've seen in the preseason. You described and you and I are one hundred percent of line and how Cam played in the preseason.
Speaker 4: Could not.
Speaker 5: Now you take that how Walker's played over the period time we talked about. But then you have these four games of how the interior three of this offensive line have played if you, Jeff Logman, were the head coach and offensive line coach and you had to make a decision today for this week's game against the Buffalo Bills. Is this team better of rolling the dice as you've described? And it's hard for me to disagree with because Cam hasn't practiced. I'm taking a blind leap of faith here a little bit. But are you better off doing that with Cam at left Walker at left guard, left tackle, left guard, or rolling out keeping Cam on the sideline for another week seeing where he is and rolling out the offensive line you rolled out against the Land Falcony.
Speaker 2: What would you do if it were me, I would roll out the same offensive line that I had against the Atlanta Falcons. And Cam is active, okay, And then because I want to see him practice for more than just essentially two days, just to gain number one confidence in him to see more, and then also to kind of show his teammates that, hey, look, you got to earn your way back because because you had a misstep, okay, and that's on Cam, this misstep, yeah, okay, it's not on anybody else. Hard to argue, not on anybody else. And I'm not trying to say that you you're trying to punish him anymore, but he has to earn his way back.
Speaker 4: I think that's fair.
Speaker 5: I'd still do what I said, though Jeff, Jeff makes a good point.
Speaker 4: Though Jeff makes a good point. I mean, just because he's wrong doesn't make it.
Speaker 2: A bad point.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: You're entitled to your own wrong opinion, right, I know how Pete fields Now, that's the Pete Prisco line.
Speaker 4: Another fan question, what's your name?
Speaker 2: Where are you from?
Speaker 4: What's uh? I'm Tyler Pretty, I'm from Jacksonville, Florida. Okay, love it game all the way out here? Love it? What's up?
Speaker 7: So in regards of the most drop passes the Jaguars hold that, do you think that's in fault more of Trevor Lawrence or the receiver's fault.
Speaker 4: That's the easiest question I've had all night here. You go the receivers. One hundred percent of the receivers have hit your hands.
Speaker 5: You catch the ball. That's what you get paid to do. That'd be like me missing a block and blaming the quarterback. You've done that before.
Speaker 2: I've done before. I think I read a story. Yeah, you've done that before, but it was.
Speaker 4: Still my fault, even if I didn't want to admit it. Now that's one hundred percent on the receiver. Well, there was.
Speaker 2: I don't think there was a drop yesterday. There was that was like glue hands, the best catch job of the Jaguars yet this year. You know, prior to that game, nine drops on the season and Calvin had four. And you know, if you go back and you look at this team over the last two years, they've led the league in drops, which is amazing to think of that, and so hopefully that changes this year. But as of the conclusion of the Texans game, that's where it was headed. Yeah, hopefully they can smooth things out, you know, because everybody was double catching things against the Texans. This pass game it was almost clean. It was clean, it was effortless, and it was like second nature, no big deal, and they've got to continue to do that. By the way, we haven't given Trevor Lawrence enough praise for this performance that he had in this game. I thought that that was one of his best games because not only did he do a really good job without much of a running game, but I thought that he used his legs at key moments in the ballgame. I wished he used his legs one more time, Okay, on that third and five where he chose to throw it in the end zone to Ernest Johnson when he could have just literally walked to a first down and could have gotten a lot more. But I thought he played a really solid game. And when your team is down, you need to have your best players rise up and have their best performances. And I don't think it was Trevor's best, because he's capable of so much, but his level of performance was raised in this game, and it made everybody else better, and that's what you want, somebody that's gonna be gritty and kind of you know the old saying, take the bull by the horns, take responsibility himself. And that was impressive, and that's what Trevor has always done, but in this game, they really needed it. Jaggs fans gear up at fanatics dot com with all latest jag styles. Shop now and get today's special offer. Fanatics dot Com officially licensed everything.
Speaker 4: Oh, we've got some time left, We're gonna come back in a moment.
Speaker 2: We'll open the floor again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think for the rest of the show we'll do keep it real. But I think at any point these lovely Jacksonville fans that are sharing a few pints would.
Speaker 4: Like to come up and ask a question. I think they just march themselves up here and ask the questions.
Speaker 2: Just keep it clean, yeah, or we can add it. I guess we can't. We surely can. Hey, thank you for joining us today. We're back in just a moment with keeping it real.
Speaker 3: In London it is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by mister Chubby's Wings at the Pavilion n Pub on Watling Street and Central London, just blocks away from Saint Paul's Cathedral.
Speaker 2: It is Jaguars Happy Hour.
Speaker 4: JB.
Speaker 3: Shadwick with Hall of Paper until he was Selly and Jeff Lockman. No Pete Prisco this week? Yeah Pete.
Speaker 5: Uh, we miss Pete, but we couldn't.
Speaker 4: He couldn't figure out how to get to London.
Speaker 2: So guess what if you're not in London, you're not in the show. But what what game was he at? Was he at the Miami Buffalo game? I don't think he goes.
Speaker 4: Hen't go. He doesn't go to any games. What he does is he sits.
Speaker 5: And I think the CBS like control tower and watches all the games. Because I will say the one valuable thing. There's several values I love Pete, but usually on I did he said, oh, just one, I said.
Speaker 2: One of the.
Speaker 5: Is on this show because he's he watches every game, and so he has a perspective because you and I don't see every game. We see one at best too if if we get home for the Lake game, and so it's it's always fun to hear.
Speaker 4: From Pete because he.
Speaker 2: Understands what's happening across He got a great perspective.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 5: He has a great perspective. Don't tell him I said anything nice about him.
Speaker 2: I won't. I won't, but I will say that sometimes he thinks he knows the best way to game plan. That's my favorite part about him. But he doesn't know.
Speaker 4: He is a strong opinion. That's wrong, but at least it's strong. It's strong. There's nothing stronger than Pete Priscoll's opinion.
Speaker 2: But the one thing that about Pete Priscoe, I will say that he was way forward thinking. Years ago. He was preaching about you got to have a quarterback, quarterback league, got to have a quarterback, gotta have aback, and that was before people realized and a lot of people are thinking, well, yeah, you can get by without a quarterback. No you can't, I mean, especially today's rule, especially with today. But Pete was on the money with that.
Speaker 3: He also calls himself Pete Prisco because there's an I in Prisco. That's Pete Nutshell exactly. Hey, we're gonna take hey, some more questions from our audience right now. We're gonna call this Keeping It Real presented by Woodbridge by Robert Mundavi. Open up a winner today, Real Ingredients Award winning line by Robert Mundavi.
Speaker 2: Still waiting, Tony, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 4: Touch that today?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: I mean, we'll discuss it later. Well, okay, that's fine. I know where you're going with this. Fan questions, Hi, welcome, what's your name?
Speaker 2: Where you're from?
Speaker 8: I'm Mike Club from Goalie Yorkshire. How to get a British pessonal payer?
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, where are you from the city, Yorkshires.
Speaker 4: East Yorkshire? Yeah, Yorkshire?
Speaker 5: Yeah I got that, but he said, like you can tell me I didn't understand that the first time.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Thank you. This is what I deal with every week.
Speaker 5: No, no, No, East Yorkshire is a great little community.
Speaker 2: Is totally making this up.
Speaker 4: Yorkshire is a great place.
Speaker 5: I didn't understand the East Yorkshire Party kind of ran together in your strong accent, which is beautiful.
Speaker 4: But what's your question?
Speaker 8: My question is how do you think an extra week away from away from how he is going to the place?
Speaker 2: Great question this week?
Speaker 5: You know what, I got to say something that's better than any American question we've got. Wow, I mean good friends to well, I'm just saying, I mean, that's a great question.
Speaker 2: By the way, did we do do any good in ryder Cup? Because everywhere we've gone I got to say this for real, we have to bring this up. But kick people have known that we're Americans walking around. The first thing they want to talk about with us is ryder Cup. That has not been fun this week. Now, I didn't go well for you. I did it.
Speaker 4: No, I conceded, though I conceded it was over. What do you think about that though?
Speaker 5: The Well, I think it's interesting because I think some guys had their families come over and so they'll have their wives or girlfriends or significant other others here.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's that big a deal.
Speaker 2: I really don't.
Speaker 5: And I mean one week, even if it's up to ten days if you count when they left last week, being away from the family. I mean, don't let my wife hear this. But when I was, when I had young kids, ten days sleep in a hotel, no kids, good rest, I think I might have played better. So I don't think it's a huge deal now. But what I really don't when it can.
Speaker 2: Be a huge deal is the stress of let's say you have a significant other that wants to be there and you're trying to take care of all the details for tickets and everything, and or family that wants to come, you know. So that's the one thing I think that players all face challenge wise. And it's not just about being over here. It's also being back in the state sometimes that you have to handle family sometimes and because sometimes they can be a pain in the rear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Jeff I would say, that's that's across the board. That happens always. I was fortunate. I mean I got married before I ever showed up in Jacksonville. I mean I got drafted, got married, then came to training camp, and so my wife was always great about handling all the distractions so I did not have to. So like if you wanted a ticket and you were a part of our family, it went through her, not me. And so if it was me and I was coming over here for ten days, whether she came or not would be her decision. But regardless she I would just put everything to her. Like you handle the tickets, you do all that. I don't want to worry about it, and so I don't.
Speaker 2: Think it's that bigetting now. And one of the other things that the team has done an amazing job of trying to make the experience over here as close to home as possible, you know, as far as taking care of a lot of small that may be issues with the players, Like the first couple of years that teams kind of was still figuring it out, you know, the meals, the schedule, making sure that the players had the best way to get rested while all this travel was going on. And they really, I don't want to say they have completely figured out, but with the experience of the number of years being here, this year being year ten, it's become a lot easier for these players because of everything that they've learned through the course of a decade. Thanks for the question.
Speaker 5: I want to say this from East Yorkshire. I didn't understand the first three times you said it's not an egg Yorkshire, Yorkshire. That's what I said, East Yorkshire.
Speaker 4: Got to work on this guy. What are you talking about East Yorkshire?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Thank you, great question, and I apologize for that understanding you the first three times you.
Speaker 2: Said that it's strong.
Speaker 4: I can't believe how long you've been a Jags fan.
Speaker 8: Ever since day one. I was there for the first game when there was no one else there in a Jacks jersey but me, and we got really heavily beaten by the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: I went to Jacksonville a few years ago.
Speaker 8: What does beat the cult six?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 4: It was a game, that's awesome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's been it's been quite a journey.
Speaker 2: But what was your Jags jersey that you were wearing.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, I came in. I came straight from work today. I think it was. It was a Eugene one Road.
Speaker 2: Jersey that was.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, that's a University of Virginia guy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well nobody cares.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thanks for the question, you guys. Thanks for all the support too. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: We got plenty of time for more. Let's get another. Uh, let's get one morning before the time. We'll get some more. By the way, the first game was a bad memory. Oh yeah, okay, that was a really good forty nine Ers team.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And they scored on the first four possessions of the game.
Speaker 4: Yes, they did.
Speaker 2: And it was twenty eight nothing before we even knew. I don't know if you remember this.
Speaker 5: You and I were on the field during pregame and the forty nine Ers came out, and then the Jags came out. We both looked at each other and saying, this is not not gonna go. Well, oh we were little, they were big. We weren't fast. They were fast.
Speaker 4: I'm like, this is bad combination.
Speaker 3: Like the echo of the anthem was still plague and it was fourteen zip Ooh what's up man?
Speaker 4: How are you welcome?
Speaker 2: Good? I'm good.
Speaker 4: What's you name? Where you're from? Domas Stanley from Jacksonville, another Jaguars. We saw you? Were you at the autograph the meet and greet?
Speaker 3: Yes, the meet and shirt? He's got the shirt that Mitchell and ness. Well, here's how we remember broken finger. There it is there, it is, sir, all right, what's up. Well, looking forward to this Sunday and the Josh Allen Bowl, how did the Jaguars defensively stop Josh Allen and Stefon Dicks, specifically Jeff Secondary. It is the second Josh Allen Bowl. By the way, the Jaguars got the Bills a few years ago in Jacksonville and beat it has another field goal game. It was like what six, that's right, Josh Allen had a Jaguars Josh Allen had a big day against Bills.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen, and I think that has to happen again. Okay, the Josh Allen that we have in Tel has to have a big day to really neutralize Josh Allen of the Buffalo Bills. And if that doesn't happen, I think we struggle just because they're that good of a football team. And you know, the one key component for this defense that's been key to their success in the three games that they've done pretty well in as a defense, even though they didn't win the game against Kansas City, has been their ability to be really good against the run to help their defense out against the pass. And that has to continue against Buffalo. But even then, it's no guarantee that they're going to stop.
Speaker 5: Jeff, don't you think the other big thing is turnover? Is because where we've had success, we've turned the ball over. Yes, yeah, I think turnovers is going to go a long way. I think we have to win the turnover battle to win the game by how many Well, I just think winning the turnover, whether it's one two, I just think we have to win the turnover.
Speaker 4: Give us, give ourselves.
Speaker 2: If our offense is clunky, we got to be plus.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I care if our.
Speaker 2: Offense takes some steps, and I think plus one with you know, maybe a couple other maybe a good special teams play. Yeah, a good field positions stopping them on downs or something of that nature will help us out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, awesome, would agree. Thanks for the question, Sis, say, thanks for coming over to showing up there.
Speaker 3: We've got we'll come back in a moment. We've got plenty of show ahead. About thirty minutes left, not plenty, only thirty minutes. Well, we have thirty minutes left. Plenty depends on relative to what we have left.
Speaker 5: Well, if you look at the beginning when we have two hours, now we have much less than we.
Speaker 2: Have only one quarter of that left.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of times. Do they have that in England?
Speaker 2: Or is that the metric system time is different.
Speaker 4: I think time is consistent, whether it's.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Uh. This is Jaguars Happy Hour that was Keeping it Real presented by Woodbridge by Robert Mundavi opened up a winner today Real Ingredients.
Speaker 2: Award winning line by Robert Mundavi.
Speaker 3: More questions from the Pavilion End Pub in London after.
Speaker 4: A Jaguars win.
Speaker 3: A Jaguars Happy Hour presented by mister Chubby's Wings Welcome Back, Get Jaguars Happy Hour in London at the Pavilion In Pub, a couple of blocks away from Saint Paul's Cathedral, jpes Tony.
Speaker 4: Just to uh, what a great place, what a great pub. It's awesome right.
Speaker 5: Thank you to whoever owns this fine establishment, because just great crowd, great food.
Speaker 3: The sausage was tremendous, by the way, amazing. That might be some of the spiciest mustard I've ever had in my life. JP's complained by the mustard. He's not very tough.
Speaker 2: The sausage was fantastic, The food was outstanding.
Speaker 4: Little hummus, a little onion ring.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just a great atmosphere, what a cool place. Thank you for hosting us. I really appreciate it. Thank you for all the fans coming out, and thank you for the great food.
Speaker 3: Hey, we've got fan questions still, so if nobody's in line, we'll get to you in just a moment. The uh, hey, this is we missed you on Saturday, Tony. The big pub party was here Saturday. It was packed both.
Speaker 2: Anybody here for that.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're gonna do it again next Saturday too, so I hope to see you back here for that one. Fred Taylor was here, which was great to see Freddy t on Saturday. And then of course we'll be here with the show's Wednesday. On Thursday, I'll I'll be here Thursday.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 5: I'll be here Thursday at the show to sit with Jeff since Jeff came and was kind enough to join you and I with Pete out, so I'll be in Thursday.
Speaker 2: I heard we're gonna have a special guest Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yes, looking forward to that. Couples.
Speaker 2: Are we announcing that or no?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, okay, just in case I.
Speaker 4: Didn't want to, I don't want to say anything. I don't want to say no.
Speaker 5: Show yeah, so I'll be your Thursday. I just found out about Wednesday. Maybe what times?
Speaker 2: What else do you do?
Speaker 5: It's five o'clock right here, A lot. I got a lot of stuff going on. I can't tell you about top secret.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: It's a lot of interesting things, a lot of things moving and shaking, JP.
Speaker 4: I always tell you to be a mover, that's what you do. But I'll be your Thursday for sure. And this is a great place. I thoroughly enjoy the pub here, and thank you for having us in hosting.
Speaker 2: I'm coming back to get more sausage.
Speaker 4: The sausage, I like the onion rings. I'm a big I love onion rings.
Speaker 5: Though I would like My request is when we do the show Thursday at five?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Is that time?
Speaker 2: We came out five London time? Yes? Five. It will still air at Jacksonville normal time.
Speaker 5: Yes, sorry, I would like the sausage. If we can have prepared on the table when we show up, that'd be perfect.
Speaker 4: Hey, you're in the Hall of Fame, man.
Speaker 2: Whatever you want.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess. And I noticed something that they call it fried squid. I call that Kalamari might have to try to Klamari as well.
Speaker 2: There's only way one way to find out if it's good, and I'm sure it is.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I have not had one bad thing at this lovely establishment. It's always good, Yes, absolutely all right. We've got plenty of fan questions.
Speaker 3: Jaguars fans euroupe at fanatics dot com with all latest Jag styles. Shop now and get today's special offer. Fanatics dot Com officially licensed everything. Let's stay here at the pavilion end, sir, what's your name?
Speaker 2: Where are you from? I mean, name's John Henry.
Speaker 4: Okay, where are you from?
Speaker 2: I'm from a little county called I knew that was coming.
Speaker 4: Uh fake, No, he got mate? You get me? Not very good? That's okay? What's up?
Speaker 6: I just want to know how can we Jaguars improved special teams going against Buffalo this weekend?
Speaker 2: Get agnew back? Well, I mean, I think, but I thought Logan was great this week.
Speaker 5: Logan Cook did a good job. I thought Logan did a great job. I thought mcmahonis was great hitting long field goals.
Speaker 2: The return game return maybe.
Speaker 5: Well, the return game, well, they kicked it out, so we're not going to return them. I mean the kickoff return is taking up really a almost a devalued it.
Speaker 2: Said, nothing play down because you can kick it out. Yeah, I mean very few guys got to bring it out. I mean, we have a guy that can do that, Agnew, but not having him, we mist this team misses him punt return mostly but not being on the football field. I think punt return and kick return because a lot of times you give him, you give him latitude to return a kickoff, even when the ball is five yards deep in the internet, because you trust them. And if if your offense is stumbling and bubbling around, sometimes he can kind of kick you wanted to do, as he's done so far this year.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think you look at the punt return this week. I think they were going to try to kind of run their normal role strategy with the rookie in there. When he got hurt and Christian Kirk was going back there. I am convinced they told him fair catch everything or just let it go out of bout it or let it go out because they trusted him catching it, but they did not want him returning it.
Speaker 2: He had one good return out of it, though, I mean, but he's not Agnew.
Speaker 5: No, but remember I'll never like when we had a safe return when Jeff and I played, they would put Keenan McCardell back there because he was the most trusted guy to just catch it. And it drove Keenan crazy because they told him fair catch everything, and he would break the rules sometimes and start trying to return it. And I think that's really what they told Agnews, like, listen, unless there's something like wide open, just fair catch it. Let's get to the kirk Kirk, yes, Kirk.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 4: So they getting Agnew will help.
Speaker 5: But I think besides return game, I thought the Susians are outstanding.
Speaker 3: By the way they said, Jamol Agnew will give it a go this week. See how that goes with his what thigh injury?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like a qual odd wasn't it something like the same thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then Parker Washington didn't sound good. Doug Peterson mentioned that today, No, they're going to take a further look at that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he had the knee.
Speaker 4: But you know what, did you see it on the film?
Speaker 2: I did, and it was hard to tell exactly what happened because there was a pile of bodies. But the one thing I got to say is that look you were on your third returner in this ball game? Yeah, okay, there's not a lot of teams that have three guys that they trust to catch it. And because that's a hard thing to do, is to trust the guy to be your punt returner. It's also for example, if you want to find out who they love as far as special teams players, look at who's playing on punt team. And I'm not talking about the gunners. I'm talking about the guys that are in front, because those are the most trusted guys on special teams because you trust them that they're not going to screw it up to get a pump. Who's up there.
Speaker 5: There killed John Stotson, sorry, one of them. I was thinking, ye, amazing quarterback.
Speaker 4: I was thinking, but I mean credit to Kirk.
Speaker 2: You know, But but I wanted to say this too. Christian Kirk is a really good football player, you know, and when he gets the ball in the open field, he can do some things. It takes a special guy to be a returner because you got to have something loose up here, okay, because those dudes that are coming down the field flying by running full speed okay, and and a lot of those guys if they don't make a tackle, they're out of the job, and so they're coming down there to tattoo somebody's rear end. And so it does. It takes a special player to be a returner. And I'm talking about a guy that he's either dumb, okay, or he's just crazy and loves the contact. But it's it takes courage. But it takes a crazy courage in a lot of ways. And that's what Agnew has. And uh and he's missed when he's not out there.
Speaker 4: Thanks for the question. I appreciate you coming over. Thank you, guys.
Speaker 3: Jacks awesome man. Thanks a lot. Fan questions. Continuing fan questions.
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot of great players JP on kick return.
Speaker 4: Yes, that I mean when you.
Speaker 2: When you give the ball to them on offense, they're dynamic, they're crazy athletic, and they play fast. You give them the ball as a deep guy on kickoff, and all of a sudden their speed changes because you got eleven guys coming down. Oh yeah, it's that's tough that it takes a special person.
Speaker 4: Fanatics.
Speaker 3: Fan questions continue after a Jaguars win and then going into the Buffalo game, Sir, Hello, what's your name where.
Speaker 2: You're from, Travis from Jacksonville. All right, Jacksonville folks here, it's awesome, welcome.
Speaker 9: So my question is, after ten years of games here in London and now we're playing games in Germany and other places, how long do you guys think it'll be until we see an expansion in the NFL into these other markets that we're seeing.
Speaker 4: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: I saw I read an article the other day where the league is thinking about playing games in Spain.
Speaker 4: Or dred was on Madrid next year, is what I've heard.
Speaker 5: I still think where at least a decade, if not more, and maybe not within our lifetimes, but at least a decade before you see a team outside the US one way or another. Outside of Canada. I could see it's going to Canada, like Toronto or something in Vancouver, which are major markets. I think the next closest would be somewhere in Mexico, maybe Mexico City, but I think that has some of its own challenges, and not because there's not interest. I think just the travel logistics week in and week out, you probably could figure out the regular season, but then the competitive disadvantage come playoff time, and what it would take from a week to week, not knowing where you're going. A team having to go to the US, to the UK or Germany or wherever, or vice versa them having to come over.
Speaker 2: I think that's a tough one to overcome.
Speaker 5: And you know, now, could they figure out travel with the you know, if they brought the concord back or something similar. I mean, I don't know, but I don't think it's tomorrow. I don't think it's in the near future. I think there's a lot to do. And then the other thing is I think expansion at the end in the NFL probably isn't gonna happen anytime soon.
Speaker 2: Either.
Speaker 5: There is not enough today. There's not enough offensive linemen to play the game. Thirty two is the stretch to find enough good offensive lines, and there's not enough quarterbacks. I think you can fill out the rest of the position groups besides offensive linemen and quarterbacks. I just don't think there's enough to have good football beyond thirty two. So the travel logistics plus that, I think we're a long way away from expansions.
Speaker 3: Because we know they can sell I mean that the game is sold out. It's not about sold out in ten minutes. It's not about demand. Yeah, it's about just having a good product.
Speaker 5: Understand the competitive balance of how do you actually do something in the playoffs that makes sense?
Speaker 2: And I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is my belief.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's enough offensive linemen and quarterbacks in the world. Oh, you can always find players. I disagree. I always find players, Jeff.
Speaker 5: The reason they change the rules to protect the quarterbacks the way they've did and how they've done that in the past, is because they know if that starting quarterback gets hurt, the level of play goes so just plummets. It's not a good product to watch any longer. That's the I mean, they're not protecting quarterbacks in my opinion, how to player safety. They're protecting those guys because they know if the stars of that position go down, the product suffers, their ratings suffer, their revenue sufferers.
Speaker 2: Look at the ratings of the Jets this year.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, the first game of the year was going to be sky high with Aaron Rodgers, and you lose Aaron Rodgers and all of a sudden, exactly will say yesterday though, well you did, I played conversion, but he played really well yesterday let's get excited about one game. Go on.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for the question. We really appreciated for that.
Speaker 3: Ex fan questions continuing, Yeah, that's a that's an interesting one though. The Germany ones go really quickly. They're playing to in Frankfurt this year.
Speaker 2: I remember when I came over here. Uh so at my last year playing was nineteen ninety eight, and then in nineteen ninety nine I called a game for Fox. In two thousand and I came over here and called NFL Europe games and called one game in Berlin and uh and then one game in Amsterdam and all the one thing I remember about NFL Europe then the fans in Frankfurt and Germany crazy, crazy, crazy over American football and the London Monarchs. NFL Europe at that time also had a great fan base. But but yeah, it was amazing. They literally had buses that traveled and followed the team of Frankfurt.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, I don't think it has anything to do with demand.
Speaker 5: Everything to do with logistics in the playoffs, especially travel, competitive balance, and I just don't think there's enough and so the only way you get enough offensive linemen and quarterbacks, and I think the NFL is trying to do this.
Speaker 2: Roncher is not worried about finding offensive linemen to play in Europe.
Speaker 5: No, but the offensive line. I think you could find a bunch offensive linemen in Europe. But you have to start.
Speaker 2: And this is why I love what the Jacks are doing.
Speaker 5: You have to start young and introduce these like because I've done camps over here and there are some big athletic human beings over here that with the right training, could no doubt play offensive line, so that that's more doable and filling that need than the quarterback quarterback. Like, guys, we have thirty two teams today, and how many franchise quarterbacks, how many teams are satisfied with their quarterback situation are not looking for someone to replace them right now?
Speaker 4: Half?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, not even half.
Speaker 4: That's less.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's my point.
Speaker 5: Right, Let's say just say it was half twelve to fourteen, but let's say it was half. Let's be super like feel good about the situation. That's sixteen.
Speaker 4: That means sixteen teams don't have a guy.
Speaker 5: And and then if you're gonna go expand by whether it's one to four to whatever, you're.
Speaker 4: Just increasing the number of teams that don't have a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, uh speaking a franchise quarterback, did you guys see CJ. Stroud's performance yesterday?
Speaker 4: He's one of them.
Speaker 2: But that guy's one of them. I said this, Jeff, I said this earlier.
Speaker 4: Who had who would have thought that the Texans would be a real threat this year? But with CJ.
Speaker 5: Stroud and Damico Ryans as the head coach, that is a real threat to the Jacksonville Jaguars winning the division for the next decade, for the next decade. That's how good that kid is. And even this year, oh today, they've got the tiebreaker right.
Speaker 2: Now, this minute, they beat they beat a rear ends.
Speaker 3: I thought you were gonna say something else. I was about to bet you wouldn't be wrong, by the way.
Speaker 5: Exactly, And so this is I mean, it's it's gonna be a competitive South. I thought it was just pretty much you know us And then worry about the time.
Speaker 2: When do we go back to Houston?
Speaker 4: Sure, I think it's late.
Speaker 2: We play.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the good news. We played better at Houston than we played the Texans at home.
Speaker 2: So true.
Speaker 3: Uh, thanks to all the fan questions tonight, we appreciate it. Well done, Well done. If you're a Jags fan who's always on the move, we've got the perfect plan for you.
Speaker 4: With the Bundle at the bank, you.
Speaker 3: Can purchase tickets to three or more games starting at just fifty eight bucks per game. Get the flexibility you want for your time this fall. This is a Jaguars dot Com slash tickets or gold nine oh four six three three two thousand Our final Thoughts, final segment of Jaguars Happy Hour, presented by mister Chubby's Wings. For ten years, Dreamfinders Homes has been proud to call themselves the official home builder of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Visit dreamfinders homes dot com for all the available inventory and go Jags.
Speaker 4: Breaking news.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, breaking news. Can we get a camera, hold on, give me this, give me.
Speaker 4: The sem me this.
Speaker 3: Pull it up here, look at look at Look at that loggament Jersey.
Speaker 2: We found a logument Jersey. I love it.
Speaker 3: They got it out of the British Museum. Unbelievable. For my cousin Alex there showed up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a that's an that's an old school school.
Speaker 4: They're all all the Logomans are old school.
Speaker 5: That's how I like how the fans had it best. It's not old school, it's vintage. Oh yes, correct, vintage.
Speaker 2: We were trying to find one earlier in London.
Speaker 4: We found one in London.
Speaker 3: To night Jaguars Happy Hour presented by mister Chubby's Wings, J P. Shadrick, Tony Biselli, Jeff Logoman from the Pavilion Inn Pop in central London. What a scene this should be. We'll be back here on Wednesday for huddle up. Apparently, Tony, you're coming now as you're open. I'm gonna try to come o'clock. I'm trying to come Wednesday. I am committed to being here Thursday.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get the details because we need to put this out. We need to.
Speaker 5: I want this place like overflowing on Thursday for sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, we can do that.
Speaker 5: Let's I mean especially, you've got good food, you got a couple adult beverages.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's get this place filled.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great crowd tonight. No, it's a great note to say, no, the crowd's great.
Speaker 5: I want people banging on the doors outside to get in and they can't.
Speaker 3: That's how credited okay, we can work on that. Yes, logs, you're here the rest of the week.
Speaker 2: I'm here, I'm here, got stuff to do, got we got our TV show that we're doing from here.
Speaker 4: Oh cool? Are you doing Thursday Night TV?
Speaker 2: For Thursday night TV? We have our radio show here Thursday. If you got to be on Wednesday, I'll be here Wednesday.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna try to come Wednesday. Who's doing the TV show? What do you have a Jaguar or No?
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's a great question. I know that we got me and Brent Martineau and high and.
Speaker 4: Are you doing live backed it's like midnight?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's not done. It's I think we're doing it. You're kind of like this, you're gonna tape it in the exactly kind of like.
Speaker 4: This late night, quite an evening at the end of that.
Speaker 2: Shore working out all the details. At least I don't know all the details.
Speaker 5: Don't have any guinness if you're doing it live, because that would be a tough show.
Speaker 2: But you know this, this has been nice.
Speaker 4: What a great place, This is a great atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Glad that I'm just glad that this is cap this is we have this ability here.
Speaker 3: It's really cool. Yeah, and a lot of teamwork to get it done. I mean you're on the camera side. Is a great job to Joe and Dave and all the cameraman.
Speaker 5: We have some UK cameramen here, so thank you and a bunch of people.
Speaker 2: Fans have been great. What a really cool atmosphere looking. Jason Dean always makes sure.
Speaker 4: Somewhere they all do. He might be Jason might be at the bar.
Speaker 2: They might be. I mean, the show's on, so he's good.
Speaker 4: He's good. He got us on the air and he's like, I'm out right. We'll see you guys later.
Speaker 3: All right, So coming up of course, this week the Jaguars face the Buffalo Bills Tottenham Hot Spurs Stadium, north East London, and what a scene it should be. Of course, the Jaguars will be the road team in that game against the Bills.
Speaker 4: The Bills are a powerful football team.
Speaker 3: They displayed that yesterday, putting up over forty against the Dolphins, a perfect passer rating for Bill's quarterback Josh Allen. The defense is fantastic, of course, slowing down the Dolphins to only twenty points. So the Jags have their hands full this week at Spurs well to.
Speaker 4: Davis White, looks like he's out.
Speaker 5: He had an achilles non contact achilles in the game against Miami, one of their top corners. But that front seven is really good. You talked about, Josh Allen. I'm looking forward to it. It'll be our first time at Tottenham, because Tottenham Tottenham. It'll be our first time at Tottenham Tottenham.
Speaker 3: So the broadcast team, to explain what you're saying, did not travel in twenty twenty one when the team beat the Dolphins. The Jaguars won there on a field goal with the last secon. Yeah, we broadcast from EverBank, correct.
Speaker 5: Like we did we No, we didn't do all the games that year. The year before we did all the games from every bank. That one year, we didn't go.
Speaker 2: It's the only place we didn't travel to.
Speaker 5: We didn't travel because of COVID anyway, some of the restrictions and everything else.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking forward to it. Is von Miller.
Speaker 3: He started practicing this week, okay, and I'm kind of curious about that.
Speaker 4: I don't think he'll play.
Speaker 2: I hope not.
Speaker 4: I don't think he will.
Speaker 3: Does that change any decision on the tackles? No matter what Von does.
Speaker 2: No, No, no, I don't think that. I don't think that can change your thinking. I think you got to do what's best for your football.
Speaker 5: Game plan might change if I'm oh big time, But I mean, listen, Vaughan's coming off of acl first game back. He's not going to be Von Miller. He's not gonna have the movement and everything.
Speaker 4: He'll still be good.
Speaker 2: We thought that with Jerry Rice too. I remember the first game back for Jerry Rice. I mean he's pointing at the knee like that.
Speaker 4: Remember that, right.
Speaker 5: I don't buy what I was telling you, Pass Rusher. It's different when you're an offensive player and you know where you're going and you are kind of dictating a defensive and in the style that Von Miller wants to play is one hundred reacting to that offensive tackle.
Speaker 4: That's what made Vaughn so great.
Speaker 5: He counter, he could set up things, and he's an amazing player.
Speaker 2: He's not a young man anymore. And he's not a young man.
Speaker 5: I don't think if he does play, he will be the Von Miller we've seen. Now do I think he'll get back to that Absolutely a couple of weeks he'll be rolling. But listen, having an ACL, never missed the game. I remember the first game.
Speaker 4: Don't feel like yourself doesn't mean you can't play well, but you do not feel like yourself.
Speaker 5: You're not the same player the first game back. I don't care what anyone say. How long did it take you to come back? I tore it January second and I started open the day in September. That was nine months, like eight and a half to surgery. Yeah, so I think eight and a half months from surgery to starting opening day.
Speaker 2: And I did mine in like eleven months, and I feel normal eleven and I didn't feel no far from it. No. I mean both Tony and I had isolated a CL. Yes, that's right, and you know mine was.
Speaker 4: And what that means isolated, no MCL, no cartilage damage.
Speaker 5: It was a clean tear of the a c L, so it's a little bit easier to come back from.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what Vaughn had if it was clean ACL, if he had other things, I have no idea.
Speaker 5: But regardless he if he does play first week practicing this week, he will not be the von Miller that we have seen.
Speaker 4: So I'm not worried about Vaughn.
Speaker 5: I'm worried about the rest of that front seven because without Vaughan they're the second ring defense in the NFL.
Speaker 4: This year.
Speaker 2: They got, first of all, like I said earlier, talented all three levels. Their linebacking group really good. I mean, you want to talk about really good, really good talent again, all three levels.
Speaker 3: And then on the other side, Jaguars defense against this Bill's offense, Josh Allen the quarterback triggering it. They've got receivers and how do you begin to defend.
Speaker 2: Well, let me just say this. The one great thing about Buffalo's offense. They're not balanced very well, you know, and that was one of the reasons why they they've been early outs is because they haven't been able to find balance as in offense. They don't they don't stay committed to the running game, which is surprising because I mean, that's a cold weather team. Most cold weather teams are saying, hey, look we got to be able to run the football in December. But Jeff, they don't do that. They're unbalanced the way that we wish they were opposite.
Speaker 5: I know, yeah, we wish they were better running, not as good. We stopped the run better, Yeah, Jeff. Balance games that's right. Jeff said it best earlier and you mentioned it when we played two years ago, I think it was, Yeah, and we won nine to six. Our Josh Allen dominated him, beat their Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: Josh Allen, and that was a monster game he was.
Speaker 2: I'm not putting at all.
Speaker 4: I'm not putting at all on our forty one Josh Allen, but he needs to have a monster game on defense to give us a chance, to give us our best chance of winning. We can win without it.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying it's all about Josh Allen, but him having that type of performance. He's our best defensive player right now.
Speaker 2: And he's a little banged up still, you know, the shoulder, the right shoulder, And there was a moment in a game he had collided on the running back and I believe it was for you, Lucan, and you could see that Josh was really slow to get up and he had that arm squad he squatted with catcher stands, you know, and that right elbow was resting on that right thigh and you could tell that it's not quite back yet.
Speaker 5: Jeff, Is that why he's rushing more from the right end. Yes, Yeah, that's what I.
Speaker 2: Thought, you know, because you want to have the power inside and side.
Speaker 4: Left hand yep. By the way, Josh Allen the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: Josh Allen in that game against the Bills twenty twenty one, it was November seventh of that season at the Bank. He had eight tackles, a sack, two tackles for loss, an interception, and a fumble recovery.
Speaker 4: Pretty yeah, pretty big football, Pretty big game.
Speaker 2: If you had him in fantasy, I get because I guess you can have defensive players, annisy now he was you have.
Speaker 4: Defense players in fantasy. I thought, just defenses.
Speaker 3: I think there's individual really defensive I played those, Yeah, I either Josh Allen the quarterback for the Bills that day, thirty one to forty seven, two sixty four, no touchdowns to interception day, and he ran for fifty yards on five care I mean that's a bad day for him. Yes, yeah, numbers like that would be great. Sixty two point seven rating. By the way, we need that. That's the I mean, he is coming off.
Speaker 4: A hot game. I'm glad they won, yes, because.
Speaker 5: If they would have lost, they you know.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad the Jaguars won.
Speaker 4: Me too.
Speaker 2: In the fashion that they did.
Speaker 4: That's right, not perfect, not pretty.
Speaker 2: If they watched the film tomorrow, because today they were off. Tomorrow they watched the film, they're gonna look at that game and go, gosh, we gotta be better than this, you know. But they're happy about the win, you know, And so sometimes it's it's always good to be able to get lessons after a win, but it's really good to get lessons after a win that you sit there and when you really look at the film, you go, we got to be better than this this week, because you we know that we've got a good football team coming in here.
Speaker 3: Game coming up to thirty London time, nine thirty am Sunday, Tottenham Hot Spurs Stadium and the Jaguars second visit to that facility, this time against the Buffalo Bills. And the Bills have been to London before, of course they played the Jaguars here in that epic ball game at Wimbley. The Jaguars won that game and a back and forth fear had a big lead and then Blake's portals to some interceptions, the Bills.
Speaker 2: Rally the throw that he had at the end of the game.
Speaker 3: Alan hearns oh Man what a play, got his elbow in elbow equals Remember the feet that was.
Speaker 2: That was one of the Boat's greatest throw he's ever had.
Speaker 3: It really was a lot of fun, no doubt. So, uh, let's hope it's not. Well, just win the game. I don't care how it happens. I don't care if it's ugly, I don't care if it's a barn.
Speaker 2: Burner and thrilling. Get another win. That's all you got to do. You know, Look, we had that conversation with Doug Peterson PRID of the Kansas City game where you know he was openly talking about that game because of seeding reasons. Yes, okay, well if you're going to talk about it again City. That conversation still is in place for this game against the Buffalo Bills because they are viewed as one of the elite teams in the AFC, and if you're gonna end up having some home games and you want home games, this is a game you want to war.
Speaker 4: I think I disagree with that though, Jeff.
Speaker 5: I know you're saying if I'm Doug Peters that I'm not talking about CD's playoffs.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about either.
Speaker 4: You gotta play good football.
Speaker 2: We can talk about it, we can't.
Speaker 4: You gotta play good football and beat a good football team.
Speaker 3: Jeff Logaman, Tony Masseli. Thanks to our entire crew. I'm JP Shaddick. Thanks to you all for joining us.
Speaker 4: Tony guys, thank you so much. At the Pavilion End Pub.
Speaker 2: We'll be back on Wednesday for huddle up on Jaguars dot com. This is Jaguars Happy Hour.
Speaker 4: I don't to the