Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of one gorilla verse one hundred trend. My name is Jack O'Brien. That over there, well that's Miles Gray. Yep, we've got exciting new reporting to share. YouTube on the on the debate of one hundred gorilla or one one gorilla one hundred men, the scientific question of our time. It was funny this was shared with me from super producer Victor who said that somebody has run a simulation of one million men versus ten thousand gorillas. So I think the ratios hold on that and right, one hundred to one thousand, one million to ten thousand.
Speaker 2: They said the humans got would able to catch fourteen bodies gorilla bodies fourteen, okay, only fourteen and.
Speaker 1: The other I watched the YouTube video, I was like, I'm interested to see the scientific the scientific simulation that's being run. And it's great. It's a great work of comedy from a superducer, Victor sending this to me because it's like there's also a nice twenty second build up where it like scan it's you know, like a very poorly rendered version of the battle scenes in like Braveheart or Thrones. Yeah, where it's like the camera swooping over the ten thousand gorillas and then it like pulls back and shows one million men, and you're like, wow, this cinematic and scientific. Let's go. And then they spend like ten seconds running at each other, and then once they meet, the bodies like start flying.
Speaker 3: In a way. It looks like a weed whacker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like a GTA glitch, Like the bodies are just like flying into the sky.
Speaker 2: Would you choose ten thousand fucked up renderings of you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of what. Yeah. I was gonna say Toby maguire and Spider Man three when he's going through his emo phase, But I think that's actually this feels.
Speaker 3: Like you like latter day cracked.
Speaker 1: Or as a latter day Saint.
Speaker 3: Thank you Jesus Christ. Yeah, I mean, look, this is what we knew.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that at least they put the comedy of a body literally flying fifty feet in the air.
Speaker 1: Really wasted it up. Yeah, I wish they had added a sound as they as the body's Yeah. So I don't know how scientifically accurate this is. I don't know if we're any closer to knowing who would win one men v. One gorilla, but uh, you.
Speaker 2: Know, also just do the one hundred verse one, Like I don't know why they do an escalation, that's the question. I don't care about ten thousand like whatever. That's too abstract of one v. One hundred in a fair one what's right?
Speaker 1: And then we get to root for the one gorilla because he's a protagonist one hundred men sent Uh all right, let's let's talk about Mega Malfoy. So things continue to get more surreal at the White House, where we're gonna talk on tomorrow's episode about the one hundred day glaze fest, where like Donald Trump just like sat in a room surrounded by his advisors and they all just like took turns just doing their best to like gas him up about how like historically amazing. It's truly like, yeah, it's gone. It's fully on some North Korea ship.
Speaker 2: At North Korea, there's like fear of death, you know, that's why you do it. Here, it's like fear of not being a cabinet member anymore and having you on Fox News and there's still they still got that energy, which right, yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: Mister President. It's it's just like that like eyed cheerfulness that you see in like the news broadcasts from you know, dictatorships, and you still people.
Speaker 2: A lot of people memed the North Korean news anchor lady who like wears that like traditional Korean garb, and was like giving her like praise to whichever Kim is in power, and they just like sort of they quote tweeted it so like her speech bubble was just directly over like whatever whatever video it was from that cabinet.
Speaker 3: Meeting, the Pam Bondi one was kind of blown up on Blue Ska.
Speaker 1: But this this trend has also given us mega malfoy. This is a mega influencer named Link Lauren who started as a TikTok song creator and then started talking about the British royal family and then people were like, we kind of like the way this guy glazes people meeting.
Speaker 2: He went from TikToker who did songs about the royal family to being one of rfk's and visors, okay, and that's how he sort of fell into orbit of these people. And now that the White House is bringing in just straight up fucking weird o maga people to act like they're also journalists. That way they get as many softball questions on they've had this this influencer celebration where they let them all just ask their prescripted, preapproved softball questions.
Speaker 3: To Caroline Levitt.
Speaker 1: First of all, a cutaway has never looked more like an SNL cutaway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just true, because he.
Speaker 1: Has like dyed blonde hair that's like slicked back in a way that it just looks like Beck Bennett in the Wig. You know, like Beck Bennett as Mike Pence is down there.
Speaker 2: Beck Bennett as Mike Pence as Link Lauren as Link Lauren, We're sick.
Speaker 1: And the people around him are also like trying to keep a straight faceless for someone.
Speaker 2: Because they're all they're all in, they're all just they all know, they're all full of shit, and like they're all pretending to be at the White House, but unfortunately they actually are there. But here's his very hard hitting question he asked to chief liar for this administration, Caroline Lovett, based.
Speaker 4: In the first one hundred days, is that the White House is crawling with kids.
Speaker 1: You have to tell yeah, first, yeah, you think I've noticed, Yeah, crawling with kids.
Speaker 4: Have a young, beautiful baby boy. There are babies everywhere there's so many young folks on staff who have kids. But the last years Joe Biden, parents are really stressed and ravage. They had to take on two or three extra jobs. Depression rates were up, suicide rates were up.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, what is what is the connection here? He starts off saying.
Speaker 1: There, you have kids, Caroline, kids, and.
Speaker 2: When Joe Biden was president, people wanted to harm themselves, sad.
Speaker 1: Because they couldn't even see their kids. Joe Biden kept people's kids away from the That's what actually he did do that. Okay, it's uh, yeah, it's just the question goes nowhere, just like kids.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see where it goes. He might land this thing.
Speaker 4: Come on, you're a very high profile young mother who seems to juggle and balance it all beautifully. What advice do you have young parents out there who are starting their careers, having kids, building families and trying to find that balance so desperately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, first of all, it's probably has to do with the fact that I'm paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, so I'm able to do I'm able to have a work life balance because my wages are high enough. Yeah, I love that. This question was like written by like chat gpt too, like of just wild. It's so boilerplate, like you're beautiful, how do you make?
Speaker 1: What's it like to be so beautiful and successful and like have it all? Like is that weird? Is that a lot of pressure for you? It is like the question that a child would ask somebody they're doing a book report on you know, like it's that first like you are my favorite basketball player. You have so much money and you're so good at basketball? What is it like to like score all those points and then like drive a sick car home?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually like somehow it's one level below even the questions Chris Farley would ask and the Chris Carley Show sketch.
Speaker 1: That was asking if we remembered something. This is just like how are you so sick? And like what's that?
Speaker 3: Like? I wish link Lauren wrapped it up like you remember that I do?
Speaker 1: That's awesome that you's so cool?
Speaker 2: Just up top before we get into this next story, it does deal with suicidal ideation and if you are struggling and need help, please remember that in America you can dial nine to eight eight to get in contact with mental health crisis counselors.
Speaker 3: And just know that those resources are available to you.
Speaker 1: Character AI is trending. This is a company that is currently in a legal battle with the parents of a child that took their own life after interacting with an AI product. It essentially brings characters to life from shows like Game of Thrones for people to chat with. Except this boy began nudging the child towards suicidal ideation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now they're in court saying that they shouldn't. They should be let off the hook and the case should be dismissed because AI bots also deserve freedom.
Speaker 3: Of speech protections.
Speaker 2: Jesus, this is from Ours Technica. This is like from the article that was first about when like this the lawsuit came up. Quote chatlog showed that some chatbots repeatedly encouraged suicidal ideation, while others initiated hyper sexualized chats quote that would constitute abuse if initiated by a human adult. A press release from Garcia's legal team said, this is the mother of the of the kid. Perhaps most disturbingly, sets Or developed a romantic attachment to a chatbot called Denaris. In his last act before his death, Sets are logged into character AI, where the Denaris chatbot urged him to quote come home and join her outside of reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fucking horrifying. Is clearly evil, wild shit that I have to assume that the Supreme Court will back this because it's you can't really pursue all this AI shit if you're not allowed to you know exactly, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one of the arguments that they're like giving courts like this will just have kind of reverberations across the entire industry.
Speaker 3: This is a huge case. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But then you know, the lawyers for the victims family are saying, you know, like if you're saying that, you're almost implying that AI is sentient and has like its own level of intelligence, which it absolutely does not.
Speaker 3: This is again auto incorrect. This is not a This is not a living thing, because.
Speaker 2: Even like a corporation which has those rights, it's made up of humans that have the intent to do something. Therefore, I guess that that's where that argument comes from. But this is very very, very very dark shit. So again, like like you said, if this doesn't go their way, I'm sure they will keep appealing to the point that, you know, uh, Alito and Clarence Thomas have the final word, the true arbiters of what.
Speaker 3: Is fair in tech.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: And we're back back.
Speaker 1: It feels like again, like the one hundred men versus one gorilla thing. This feels like a thing that just goes viral every once in a while. I'm talking, of course about Ben Afflex frank possibly drunken commentary from the Criterion release of the Armageddon DVD, where he h you know, at one point recalls Michael Bay telling him to shut the fuck up when he questioned the movie's central premise and ask Michael Bay, like, why, Michael, why would it be easier to teach oil drillers to be astronauts than teach astronauts to use a drill? Just shut the fuck up, Ben, Ben, that's a great question. Shut the fuck up. And yeah, just generally, he's just being incredibly honest throughout right. Uh. And it's in a way that feels like he didn't know what his job was yet, and so I guess he just did one of those Criterion closet videos. Those are I know, those are those are great, great content. Would myself in there, I go, I don't know what any of these movies are. Yeah, oh I know Armageddon, Armageddon, the Rock, those are.
Speaker 3: Like did you see the did you see that clip of him in there?
Speaker 2: Like Ben Affleck's very thoughtful and like that's been a parent for for a while. But like just the way he talks about cinema, I'm like, damn yeah, like I'm an I'm inorante.
Speaker 3: As they would say in Italy. Don't know, sorry, not built for those discussions.
Speaker 1: What was he he was picking like foreign films that you had, just like.
Speaker 2: Talking about the score and like what it means and how it informed his own I mean, like talking like a true filmmaker who's inspired by other filmmakers. Like I'm a I'm a film watcher, not a filmmaker. So just to see that sort of difference, I was like, yeah, of course this, Yeah, thank you, Benna.
Speaker 1: Like y'all got like porkys in here, You got any like.
Speaker 3: Meat, Amazon women from the Moon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where's Amazon women from the Where's Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where's Earth? Girls are easy? Man?
Speaker 2: You got Jeff Goldboom, Jim Carrey, David Wayne's and Jeana Davis Man but.
Speaker 1: He did say that in retrospect now quote in retrospect now, I feel like my best work in my career is the commentary on this disc and said that, like fans are constantly approaching him to talk about the commentary on that Criterion disc as much as they do about movies that he's been in.
Speaker 2: Right, right, Yeah, it's like on on social media, it's been a lot of people been like, whoa, Ben afflicks smart and then a lot of people have been like, yeah, he's been pretty cerebral and like showing all these like past interviews or him on like Bill Maher show, just like like just leveling like islamophobes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Ben Affleck. He's I guess out here as it were.
Speaker 1: I didn't know any better than to be really honest.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right. Brian the Eddar also said fluent in Spanish.
Speaker 2: We saw that one interview was that for Air when he was cause he.
Speaker 3: Did he work on air?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, he's in Air as the Shoe Dog himself Phil Knight. Yeah, the one where he's like drunk and flirting with that woman.
Speaker 2: That one, no, no, no, there was one like he was like on like he went to like a Spanish like news station, sat down for a thing and just completely I just completely went full fluent espaniol. Yeah, and everyone was like, because I remember that was one of the first times going, bro, what the ben Netflix, I'll hear fucking bilingual as hell?
Speaker 1: Okay, bilingual as hell. Bro. Yeah, it was pretty impressive. I yeah, yeah, I've always heard he's a pretty smart person. And you know, he's definitely one of those people who's like, this guy's just a movie star, like probably dumb as Rocks and Duncan and then he made the town and uh, you know, enough said it's the favorite question of lots of lots of people who maybe that doesn't exactly dispel it, but yeah, check out check out the interview where he speaks fluent Spanish. Just a little fever dream for parents out there. You know, I feel bad if like my kids are being a little noisy in a restaurant. So can only imagine how the parents of the child who just damaged a fifty six million dollar Rothco feel so. Mark Rothko's abstract painting gray orange on Maroon number eight was being displayed in a gallery in Rotterdam. When a child in an unsupervised moment Mom and Dad touched the lower part of the work. This resulted in visible scratches and the unvarnished paint layer. Roth Co's works are you know, I think people are generally like, Okay, he made like boxes that are different colors, but the point like he spends weeks like mixing colors that have never existed before to like create new colors. So like scratching a scratching one of them is actually like really tough, like really gets to the the bottom.
Speaker 2: Like I get the childish impulse and be like, oh I think I can kind of scratch this paint off the thing and then.
Speaker 3: Just getting that close.
Speaker 2: I'm always amazed how a lot of museums display this art with the basic trust that some stupid ass is it just gonna fucking manhandle the thing. Like I'm always just like, oh shit, I mean because I think growing up like an art house, like I knew how to stay the fuck back from the work, you know what I mean. But I guess now they'll just have to like have a little bit of i don't know, rope and stanchion or something, or a fucking plexiglass cover to keep people from doing a definitely want to.
Speaker 1: I've definitely walked into a gallery with you know, my children being at an age where they're a little bit untrustworthy and seeing the people who work in the gallery like get into an avalletic stance, you.
Speaker 3: Know, oh right, right, right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, pick six right here, incoming.
Speaker 1: Incoming exactly, Yeah, they got an incoming in their earpiece. But yeah, Apparently, modern paintings, if unvarnished, are particularly susceptible to damage, so like small scratches on the top can have a significant impact on the viewing experience of the piece. I mean it's like all tech. Like a lot of those paintings are like all texture, so it's not like, you know, a painting of anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you see that one movie that like documentary about the person that was faking all those roth goes, No, because they're kind of like.
Speaker 3: Like way she kind of looked like a wroth go right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But yeah, I think the lesson is clear, never try and expose children to art or culture. They're just exactly exactly, they're just gonna hurt you.
Speaker 2: Fuck talking about Van Golls blue period, motherfucker you watching bluey Okay.
Speaker 1: That's that's what vangs blue period was. It was bluey. Let's let's just go with that.
Speaker 3: Move on, move on, find a new angle.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump has joked that he'd like to be pope, but every time that he has like joked something that was like completely out of touch with reality, like two days later he confirms that he actually believes it.
Speaker 3: So I don't hard to know.
Speaker 2: Did you hear the clip though, the way he said it? Yeah, they were like, yeah, do you have like.
Speaker 1: A horse in this who do you have a person who you'd prefer for pope? And he was like, yeah, I'd like to be pope. Oh that wasn't the question.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I could do both here. It is I'd like to be pope. That would be my number one choice.
Speaker 2: Then he goes on like a lot of people just clipped that like he meant it, and then he goes I don't know, yeah, like sure, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think he meant it, but also I didn't think he meant that. Like that Supreme Court decision that went nine to oh against him was actually for nine oh for him, Like that seemed like he was joking too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he maybe need someone to tell him, like, actually you can be pop.
Speaker 2: You were joking about that. Yeah, Lindsey Graham came in again. Trump is surrounded by freaks just lying to him and gassing him up.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that tomorrow's episode.
Speaker 2: But Lindsay Graham then tweeted quote, I was excited to hear that President Trump is open to the idea of being the next Pope. This would truly be a dark horse candidate, but I would ask the Papal conclave and Catholic faithful to keep an open mind about this possibility. The first Pope US president combination has many upsides watching for white smoke Trump mmxx b ii okay, sure sure Trump twenty eight in Roman Nomoral's fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 3: And it's so hard to know.
Speaker 2: It's like is Lindsay And also with Lindsay Graham's like, I don't know if he's joking or also serious because he will say anything to get out to be on Trump's nice side.
Speaker 1: He doesn't give a fuck, Like he can say it as a joke. But if Trump believes it, it's better for him, you know, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's like, look at this guy. He thinks they could be pope. Do you think it'd be Pope. I know I could be all right.
Speaker 1: Those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, April thirtieth. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine while you still can get your flu shots. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye,