Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, the.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast. This is your roundup of companies Mickey News on Wall Street and beyond harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Now, let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. We're joined by Bloomberg's equity supporter Joe Eastern. Joe, good morning, and we're starting with the French food services giants Sadeksu, dropping the motions twenty eighteen after cutting revenue guidance.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely so. It is the catering sector in focus. Today's Sadexo, as you say, sliding that stock currently down fifteen percent over in Paris. The company warning of a drop off in some contracts across North America. Specifically, they say the education and healthcare sectors are where they're seeing weakness. Now, it's interesting to me because yesterday we did see an analyst over at XAMP Powerabus sighting their own data saying that they've seen exactly that, and they downgraded one of the other big firms, Compass, and this sector hit for a second day now. It has been pretty rough couple of days for those stocks. Compasses down another two percent after a five percent decline yesterday SSP, which is the company that makes the upper crusts that we all love to grab when we're at the train station, that one is down two percent. That's really a wide reaching impact on the catering sector this morning.
Speaker 1: And look, European defense stocks continue to make headlines.
Speaker 2: We have one about to join the Footy one hundred. What's going on there?
Speaker 3: Yes, this was really interesting because it's in line with the theme of the of the year today. Really of course, as you mentioned, their valerie with the defence stocks all doing really well. So Babcock, it's the UK at firm. It has risen fifty percent this year. It makes warships, so it's got a big contract with the UK Navy to make five warships, contract worth around one point five billion pounds and since the outbreak of the war in Ukraine they've been paid by the UK to maintain vehicles that Britain has sent to Ukraine to help in the fight against Russia. So that stock has done really well and it will join the Foots one hundred on Monday after Hargreed's Landsdown comes out. Because they've been taken over by a group of private equity companies, but really it's kind of a really good indicator of how well defense in general has done this year. And the foots one hundred, therefore getting another defense stock called Babcock.
Speaker 1: And time for one more Joe news on Swiss watch exports, driving sector lower as well.
Speaker 3: Ticking the sector lower, I might go if we're going to continue the puns there, So look watch stocks down, so Rechmont, which is the maker of Cartier watches, Swatched down as well. Those stocks both down around four percent this morning. Elvimh which owns tag who that one's down two percent, and Watch the Switzerland, the big retail down three percent. Swiss data showing that Switzerland supported are exported excuse me, eight percent fewer watches in February than it did a year ago. That is actually Switzerland's third largest export watches, really showing how big they are, and that apparently the only ones doing well are the cheaper watches, the ones that are worth less than about two hundred quid, so much more my kind of area than the roll exits. Those are the only ones we're seeing growth, So high end watches not doing it all well according to this data. Continuing a long run trend or at least over the past year or so, we've seen with these watch export numbers coming down and therefore weakness across that sector this morning in European trading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's interesting that because of the three price brackets that we've been given by these export numbers. So as you say, the ones below two hundred Swiss francs showing a positive result, those mid market ones are between five hundred and three thousand Swis franks fell by fifteen percent, and there was above three thousand francs felled by seven point three percent. I feel that there's an economic theory re illustrating here through one prices DL income gross. Indeed, somebody put that in the Joe Eastern oraculd supporter. Thank you very much for joining.
Speaker 2: Us the Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.