Speaker 1: This is the OTP presented by Farm Bureau Health Plans. Plan on paying less for the coverage you need with Farm Bureau Health Plans. Get a quote today at fb HP dot com from Booth seven in Nissan Stadium. Mike Keith, Amy Wells, Coach Dave McGinnis, Rhett Bryant, all four of us together again, gangs all here, the gangs all here.
Speaker 2: The band is back the great place together up to at Nissan Stadium.
Speaker 3: With this practice, I mean, this is fun.
Speaker 1: Practice is complete. Let's first start off with talking about the big timer in the room, Amy Wells on NFL Network.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, whoa yeah, one take ye.
Speaker 1: By the way to the OTP people. Spoiler alert, spoiler alert.
Speaker 4: It was taped, but one take and I've never I've never done that for network before.
Speaker 5: Or I just walked up said the thing like boo'd.
Speaker 1: Did NFL network ask you to do something? They did not? Coach Mac, did NFL network ask you to do something?
Speaker 2: Well, they said, if we can't get Amy, we want you, Okay, because the answer is really no, that's no. They didn't ask me. So so let's be nice.
Speaker 3: Just be nice.
Speaker 6: You're very kind. That's very nice of you.
Speaker 1: I think it's kind of passive aggressive, but I think I'm also a little bitter.
Speaker 4: I think I'm also cheap labor, and I recognize that.
Speaker 1: You work in radio. For the most part, We're welcome and.
Speaker 5: I'm here and I'm happy to do it. And well, I was very proud that I did it in one take.
Speaker 1: What do you call it? Get back Saturday?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 5: Well together?
Speaker 1: Back together again?
Speaker 7: And let me say this while we're throwing praise around, because the three of us, Ashley Ferrell, you and myself were able to hear from up here and also on the field the job that Mike and Mac did basically being a PA, just analysis and a little bit of play by play and just engagement. And you're talking about during during during the practice, it was really In fact, I had a fan tell me I went across field to do an interview with a player and a fan said, hey, listen, them doing this at this event really kind of put it over the top. We felt like we were engaged and involved and were up to date on what they were doing on field, that we understood it, and.
Speaker 1: It's really all nice.
Speaker 7: So, Mike, whose idea was that that you guys do that Brian Callahan, the head coach of the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 1: Brian Callahan, Wow, he said that he liked, you know, and what's cool about Brian Callahan if many many things, but if you've ever worked for an NFL team and they bring in someone from another NFL team, the thing you don't want to hear is what they used to do where they were before. Yes, well, in Miami, it's like okay, whatever. In Seattle, I mean I'm that way and coaching too. He's never really Brian Callahan has never really done that, but he said in Cincinnati they would have Dan Horde and Dave Lapham do that. And Dan Hord is one of my favorite announcers anywhere, and Dave Lapham is so good as his color commentator. When he said that they did that, he said, that's what I said. So you want coach Mac is, oh yeah, yeah, we need coach Mac. So that's why we did it. Was Brian Callahan's idea.
Speaker 5: Well, it really was good.
Speaker 4: I was fully prepared to give you a hard time because I was like, man, does this guy just want to be part of practice? Like is that is that kind of what we're doing here now?
Speaker 5: Like is this the answer?
Speaker 1: No, because it's air conditioned up here in seven it sure is, yeah, and it was not down there, oh no.
Speaker 5: But it really was good.
Speaker 4: I had a bunch of fans tell me that it was great. They really enjoyed it. And it didn't make practice a little easier to watch, because I mean, we've seen a lot.
Speaker 1: Of practices in our day, we have.
Speaker 4: And still sometimes I look and I'm like, all right, what are we doing here?
Speaker 6: What's happening right now? If you don't know, you don't know.
Speaker 4: And so to be able to explain what's going on, talk about who it is, I mean, just even calling out players who do a good job, it makes it a lot easier to watch.
Speaker 6: So I hope so good idea CALLI.
Speaker 1: I hope fans like that and didn't think that was annoying.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Your fear about doing anything like that is that people are going to think, boy, that's annoying.
Speaker 6: Oh I don't think I didn't seem annoying.
Speaker 1: I got asked to do that at an event one time, over twenty years ago before I lived here, and they're like, okay, we want you to do play by play with this, and like twenty minutes into it, they came to just stop doing that. Wow, seriously, I'm sorry. It wasn't your suggestion. You were granting a request reaction you did. It's like, just stop doing that. Yeah, they came in. The guy came in pretty much hit at your paraphrase. It was that it was a national event in Niland Stadium. Yeah, and they said, we'd like for you to be the play by play announcer and to engage the two color commentators and basically commentate the event. And I'm like, what I can do that, Sure, I'm happy to help. Twenty minutes into it, I mean twenty minutes stop doing that. And I'm like, well, that's what you told me to do. We were wrong, and they're baby, but please cease. Oh, They're like you're terrible. I mean that was the hall. I mean they this guy didn't even sugarcoated. He's like, this is this is not good? Wow? People are people are threatening to go jump off the Gay Street bridge. I mean it was wow, it was.
Speaker 6: It's not good.
Speaker 1: I drove home and I'll never forget just driving home in the dark, just thinking I suck.
Speaker 7: Wow, we don't How did you just not drive into a ditch because I mean.
Speaker 1: It hurts. It totally hurts. It totally hurts.
Speaker 3: Look at that, look at the look at the.
Speaker 1: So today it's better.
Speaker 3: Look at the Hall of Fame rebound. But being told you were horrible.
Speaker 1: But I mean, that's when he said this at practice the other day. My first thought is, oh, boy, I want to repeat because the scars quite going. But I will admit one thing to our advantage is I know this team, and Coach Mack knows this team a lot better than we did that night in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 5: This was good. I would not have told you to stop.
Speaker 4: And during the pauses they played Backstreet Boys, which was also nice.
Speaker 1: Did you hear me ask coach Mac if that was his playlist? They were?
Speaker 2: I said yes, I gave it to him right before when I walked into stadium.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said play this.
Speaker 1: I tell you who won.
Speaker 7: And all this though as Titans fans, Oh, all the all the families, all the children that came, and just the cascade of calls wanting their favorite player to come over and sign their stuff. I mean, Ashley and I were up here at the booth and there was a young man during practice, Calvin Calvin Calvin. God, it was a little bit of a near worm, I'll admit. I hope Calvin found the young man. I hope the young man was at the end of practice building, but there was. When they were done and it was time to make their lap around the the lower bowl on the field, people were just you could see just the delight in their face.
Speaker 1: It was cool.
Speaker 3: I made a lap.
Speaker 2: I was right there with him making a lap that I give these fans a lot of c They all stayed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they stayed.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I mean it's a big shout out to the fans.
Speaker 1: Well, this was a great opportunity, first time we've had a chance to do this since twenty nineteen. You're right, and the reasons were obviously COVID. COVID for two years you you couldn't have done this. Uh, the Grand Prix, Yes, going around, growing around the stadium. Uh, changing out the turf. Yep, couldn't practice here. So there were I mean a lot of reasons, a lot of reasons, and it will be interesting to see if it can be done again with where they are in stadium construction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to be interesting going forward because as the stadium build progresses.
Speaker 5: It's you would assume and I'm not.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm not in construction.
Speaker 5: I'm not a lot of people think I am, but I'm not.
Speaker 4: I would assume that that footprint is going to get wider, right, and just the logistics of bringing people down here is going to get more challenging, especially because you try to get as much done as you can before the actual season, which, you.
Speaker 1: Know, what you hope from that standpoint is that it can be done based on the fact that people for the next three seasons will get used to some of the parking changes that they have to make.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, and that that's the number one thing that I get asked about anywhere I go, Right, where are we going to park?
Speaker 6: What about parking? How about parking?
Speaker 1: It's the number one question. And the reality is, I think the team is going to continue to come out with more information about what options are. I mean, the team's obviously very aware of it too. So maybe that that will become the norm once everybody gets used to it and you can do it, And so yeah, it would be I mean, it won't. You think it won't be a problem to open the stadium, but to get people to maneuver around here safely.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's going to be the.
Speaker 1: On an active construction site. You just don't you don't know.
Speaker 2: Let me just say this, Mike and amyen Rett Ashley, this is my third stadium build that I've been involved with, and that this is not unusual. Sure, I mean it's it's been the same thing every time, because your footprint just gets bigger and it gets different.
Speaker 7: The other thing that I took away from today is driving up this morning relatively early. I mean it was twenty minutes after nine, and I had to work on some things in here in the booth. But the line of people already waiting to get in, and I'm thinking, and I'm thinking, you know what's crazy. This is not just it's the beginning of the twenty fifth year of Titans football and this season, but it's the excitement that we all feel. It's different.
Speaker 1: Well, when you think about it and you take it holistically. High schools are practicing, they got pads on, We're doing some scrimmaging. Yep. College just start next week. Your favorite college team practices next week. We're going to put pads on on two Tuesday. And so it's all here Yeah, it's all you know going on and and I mean it's just so. I mean, everybody is ready for football.
Speaker 7: But Mike, I think there's an extra layer to it when you consider everything that has happened to the Titans in the last six seven.
Speaker 1: Months, seven months. I mean we're sitting in booth seven and all of my stuff is still taped us Jacksonville game.
Speaker 4: It's all going to have to come down. I was looking at it while you were talking.
Speaker 1: It is all going to have to come down, yes, because that was for another game.
Speaker 6: All wrong.
Speaker 1: It was well, it's amazing.
Speaker 6: It incorrect.
Speaker 1: It's amazing the roster that's on the wall that beat Jacksonville in a game that they had to win and didn't. Yep, based on how different it is. I mean, thirty six new players out of the ninety one right now on the roster.
Speaker 6: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's so much to learn. Let's talk about from a football standpoint. Just start with you, Coach Mack. A player or players who has gotten off to a good start in the practices.
Speaker 2: Well, Lloyd Cushionberry, he has been. He's he's been so consistent from from day one. And you've got to have a guy at the in the center, you know, as I talked about, I mean, they're they're the hub of the spoke of the wheel there on the offensive line. But he's been consistent from day one. And you paid him for a reason, but he's displayed that reason. He has been so consistent. You guys know, I spent my whole off season with Bill Callahan in the offensive line, and I was watching him in particular because you know, jac Latham, you want to you want to watch because he's new and stuff, but I wanted to see really what they paid for, you know, when they when they got when they got Cushion Berry. And he's been very, very impressive to me. And and that's a that's a spot that unless you're really looking, you may gloss over that, but that's a huge, huge piece of this new offense.
Speaker 7: Right I have I'm to do this in Amy's fashion. Nine two only have two, one obvious and one not so obvious. The obvious one is Jeffrey Simmons. Jeffrey Simmons looks like he's ready to just storm out of the tunnel and get after the opposing quarterback right now. He's you can tell he's healthy. You can tell he's ready. It's just you know, keeping another foot in front of him and what has already been a nice career. But the other one that's not obvious to to OTP people is John Ajuku, who has really worked at right tackle on the offensive line. First year man from Boise State, undrafted last year, and the young man has just worked his rear end off in the off season and he's right there putting in the reps every day at right tackle, and you can tell he has absorbed everything he can absorb and continues to do so.
Speaker 1: I've said consistently based on John Ajuku, I don't know if they're gonna be able to get him out of there. Now. We haven't seen Nicholas petit Frere yet. He's still on pup, but do back soon. But I don't know that John's gonna lose that job at right tackle. I don't know that that's gonna happen. I mean, he's taken virtually every first string snap that I've seen through Mini camp and even some of the OTAs where they did have you know, the first line together. You get a sense that Bill Callahan is going to put that group together and if they if they are functioning as a five. He may not mess with it.
Speaker 2: Oh, Bill Callahan is not gonna play favorites either. He's gonna play dudes. He can get the job done right, and just extensively watching him what he put those guys through in OTAs for forty five minutes of individual I mean, as concentrated, in as detailed as I've ever seen, and Azyuku's taken advantage of it.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say JC Latham, even though Max specifically said not JC Latham.
Speaker 1: He specifically said, well, he said, you want.
Speaker 6: To say JC Latham, but not.
Speaker 3: So saved it for you.
Speaker 5: That's what you said, I saved you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that he has.
Speaker 4: He in my mind, has gotten off to a really good start because of course he's a rookie.
Speaker 6: He's in a new situation, but he.
Speaker 5: Never looks like a rookie.
Speaker 4: You watch him practice, and sure he looks like a guy who's learning a system or who's learning a new team. He does not look like a brand new person to the National Football League. And I think that that's a really big difference. And I think that the amount of work that we've seen him do, I mean, that's why he looks like he's done this before. Is because I mean he's getting double and triple the reps that everybody else is because he's working out on the field all the time, and so I think all of that is really starting to show and pay off. And so yeah, I mean he's making some mistakes here and there or is learning how to do things, but he doesn't look like a young new player.
Speaker 6: He just looks like a new player. And I think that's a big that's.
Speaker 3: A huge point.
Speaker 2: And and what that is from the coaching aspect of it, even though he's young, what you say, he's got mental maturity. He's got mental maturity. Ty J Spears had it when he came in here. Roger McCreary had it when he came in here. And mental maturity in this league is very important because the quicker they have that, then the more then the more dialed in they can get they're not distracted. And I think that you made a very good point. But the mental maturity has allowed him to be able to do not only the designated work, but the extra work.
Speaker 1: Kenneth Murray is mine. Coming out of Oklahoma, people thought he was otherworldly with his athleticism and then he goes to the Chargers and he played really well, but he wasn't the difference maker maybe that some thought he would be. And it feels like he's found the right system for what he does there.
Speaker 2: You're one hundred percent right, and that that makes a difference. It makes a huge difference.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 2: I know this defensive staff very well. I know Frank Bush better than any of them. I've been with him a long time. There was a reason he wanted this guy. I've seen him. I've seen him coach up guys like this. You know, first round picks that come out because you know, expectations on a first round pick are huge when they come out. But this system allows them. Once they understand where to put their eyes and we're talking about linebackers where to put their eyes, and they understand that, then all of a sudden, they can go I think that's what you're seeing.
Speaker 1: Mike, Well, he's cutting it loose. There you go, and I mean you can you can see all the athleticism, and I mean, what are you going to do with him when he turns it loose? And they haven't been able to do much with him yet, and it's early, but it's early, but you understand. I mean, it's it's why Jamal Adams is here.
Speaker 3: Absolutely it is.
Speaker 1: Does Jamal Adams fit with twenty four other NFL teams? Maybe maybe not, but in what they want to do, it feels like on defense in particular, they have gotten some guys who can do it well.
Speaker 2: The thing about this defense is, and again I gave Amy this playbook when I first came in here that took us five years to put together. Riet's got it now just to look at it to see. They've got designated defenses for dudes like this, and they'll have specific things that he will do. He hasn't missed a step. You saw it when he first when he first got in there. He understands and gets it. The thing also that's also important too, is you've got some guys that are visually quick trigger guys if you don't overload them with useless information, and that's extremely important. You know, some guys are like a camera shutter. It goes down and it doesn't come up quick enough, and all of a sudden stuff's happening around him. If you can take that part of it out of a player, then you've really got a chance to let him play.
Speaker 3: You know, you hear it, everybody. We've got to play fast, play fast, play fast.
Speaker 2: You play fast by knowing what you're looking at and recognizing what you're looking at quickly.
Speaker 3: And that's what you need to do.
Speaker 2: And you don't need to have a lot of ifs and butts and candy and nuts about if this happens, do this, if this happened, that you need to let them go. And there's a way that you can be disciplined, but you can still let them go. And I and that's what you're talking about now, Adams. You've got a veteran player there that he is a quick trigger dude. You're gonna see him in a lot of different spots in this defense.
Speaker 1: It feels like that Denard Wilson will use a lot of players on defense throughout the course of the season, many of whom will be based on the defense they want to run against certain opponents.
Speaker 2: You got it, Okay, you got it. I mean I've been in this defense for a long time in my career. And the thing about it is the first thing you tell them when you gather them together is with the defense, whoever makes this team and you're in this defensive meeting room. There are no backups in this room. There are no backups in this room. Everybody is expected to prepare and play like a starter because you're all going to get a chance to play.
Speaker 4: You know, every person that I've talked to on the defensive side of the ball, when I've been like, hey, what do you think of Dinard's new defense, what's it like, They've all said that they really like it because it gives them a chance to just get after it, just go kind of open it up and do what you do. And it's not designed with one specific position group in mind. They have all said that everybody gets a shot at it. Everybody gets a chance to make plays. There's not one group that makes the plays and the other guys who are kind of support the cleanup guys. Everybody gets gets a chance to kind of let it ride. And everybody really likes that. Jeff I just talked to him about it, my hooker, Like, everybody has said how much they like it, And that's really exciting to me because I think when guys are having fun and they can learn what to do, it's easier to go faster.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you're one hundred percent right, And I'm glad to hear the players say that, because that's the mindset that you've got in this defense and this defensive with these defensive coaches. I've just been with him a long time and that's what you said. And as I said, you're not preparing. Don't sit in this room when we're going over things thinking, I'll just lay back because I'm a backup and you're expected to play because there's gonna be a lot of ways that we can use it, use you. And plus if everybody can play and gets a chance to, it makes the time you're on the field that much more important.
Speaker 1: All right, rad who's a rookie that's grabbed you so far? Whether it be a draft pick. You can't see JC Latham because she already said that.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm Max said you can't.
Speaker 7: No, but I'll give you one. And this guy, I'm I'm gonna start nicknaming it bleach because he's going to be an ear to all the receivers up against Wow, he's that kind of dude. Waitle you ever you ever spilled bleach on yourself when you're doing your washing your clothes. It's irritated, hurt, right, Well, let me say this, he is and I mean in the good, the most positive way possible. He is going to be an irritant for anybody he's hip to hip with that that are are running formations and running uh wide receiver routes, and that's Jarvis Brownly.
Speaker 1: He's yeah, I'm telling now.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean think about this now, he's a rook and he's wearing cleats that look like highlighters from office depot. Right, you don't do that unless you've got this in your heart, in your because because guess what those guys in that locker room, they're gonna call you out on.
Speaker 1: Well, he's a Miami kid too, so right, he's gonna be a little you know, when you played high school football in Miami.
Speaker 6: That is adult football.
Speaker 1: It's adult And he went to the U before he went to Louisville, right, correct, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's from that are the same fla Florida state.
Speaker 1: But to Florida State, that's right. But he's from Miami originally, and you know, yeah, I mean he's he certainly fits the type. He is a Chris Harris, Dinard Wilson, Steve Jackson guy. And that's what they said about him coming out is that he he fits the type that he's going to be super confident and super aggressive, and he has.
Speaker 6: Been and is the best nickname.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's great loot. Last year.
Speaker 2: You were on t J Spears from the Jump from the Draft, you got a T shirt with his picture on it.
Speaker 1: I sure did so you.
Speaker 2: Were getting nothing unusual about that at all? No, not no, not more to training camp and Tyler. Yeah, well you need to put the bleach and get his picture a T shirt.
Speaker 1: You know he's he may not embrace.
Speaker 3: No, he would embrace it if you explain to him what it is.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's ever used bleach for No, he's probably.
Speaker 6: The kids don't use bleach.
Speaker 2: These days, but to me, because it's an irritant and you're gonna you're gonna wipe everything out.
Speaker 3: He'd love it, but that was I don't know, bleached T shirt.
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 7: Run up the flash hole with him.
Speaker 1: But the O T people, I'm sure love it. By now they've probably already started a campaign.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: But irritating your or you could that's what I was.
Speaker 5: That's what I was afraid of.
Speaker 4: All right, now the show can start, too easy, Let's ride.
Speaker 3: Way too easy.
Speaker 1: Alright, Bleach, you can.
Speaker 6: Call me that nickname. I don't know, go to Mac.
Speaker 1: You don't have one. Jackson is ja He's playing well.
Speaker 2: Jaquan Jackson again, another guy that's mentally strong as a young guy.
Speaker 3: You can see why he and Taija are just really close.
Speaker 2: You can just you can. You can see it. And Taje admits, I mean, this is the business man. This is a grown up in the room when we're together, and I just like the way he carries himself. He'll find his way onto this team.
Speaker 1: I think he does too. He you know, he's just you look at him and you talk to him, and you watch him, and you think that's not a six round pick, right, I mean, you think this guy's he's a good player, and he acts like he's about thirty. And I mean he's like he walks the halls like he knows everybody, says hello and everybody. I mean, he's not the meek and mild rookie. And I'm not saying that in a bad way. I'm saying he just acts like he belongs here and he's gonna be here, and for that reason, he plays confidence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been reading a lot of rookies in my career, and you can tell some of the ones that.
Speaker 3: Are a little bit overwhelmed by it at first.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean they're not gonna be a good player, right, but from the initial jump, it's a little bit for him and Tyl Sedley he wasn't like that.
Speaker 7: Well, it goes back to what you were saying a few minutes ago about mental maturity. It is he's kind of what for lack of a better term, at old soul. He's grown. He's a grown up guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well was like it. Roger mcgra was like that, and we've seen what those got. Anyway, that's my guy.
Speaker 1: Open a Titans checking account with at least one hundred dollars and a recurring direct deposit by this Friday, August second, and you could receive two tickets to five home games. Details at Titansbanking dot com, Titans Checking from Pinnacle Play Hard Bank Easy member FDI See nice.
Speaker 3: Did you get Amy's person?
Speaker 1: That's why I was giving her a little more time?
Speaker 6: Oh I didn't.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to make sure that no one else stuck out to me. And as I was, you know, perusing the roster just to double check you know, the name that just keeps popping up over and over and over to.
Speaker 5: Me is Gabe Judy Lawley.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Just he just kind of doesn't go away, not in an irritating way, in a lovely.
Speaker 6: Way, but he just he's always making plays.
Speaker 4: He's always kind of around everybody, kind of hey, have you noticed have you seen you know who's really stuck out? To me, like he just more tidepod, not a little bit more yeah, a little bit more agreeable to the skin, but he's just always been around and you just always see him in the mix. He's always in the mix, and I think that's a really good place to be.
Speaker 1: As a I think that's right. Yeah, I mean he's in today. In practice, he's got reps with the second Gris with Cheeto, a woosey out with the calf.
Speaker 3: He's moved up.
Speaker 1: He's moved up. And you know, he was getting like fifth corner reps early. It was you know, it was really a woosey and snead with McCrary playing inside, and then Avery would be in there, yep, and so that was a you know, and then Garrer would get some reps in there too. But then the next guy was always well, if it wasn't Brownlee, it was Judy Lawley, and well Browley.
Speaker 3: Was injured for that's true.
Speaker 1: But he's taken full advantage. You know his story. It's from Charlotte Ghost, Vanderbilt graduates Vanderbilt in three years.
Speaker 6: It's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very Yeah, goes to b YU for a year, sure, and so then he transfers to Tennessee and he has a nice year for the balls. But this system seems to fit his skill set better than any of the three colleges where he played. There are some people who've covered the SEC who are surprised he's doing this. Well, yeah, and yet they'd never seen him be asked to get up and play this sort of physical because most colleges, was it fair to say most colleges don't do this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they they're they're not as extensive as this is. And they and they don't they don't put a premium.
Speaker 3: On as much press man as this corner group will do.
Speaker 1: Mine is Jalen Harold. Okay, Jalen Harrold, seventh round pick, Michigan. He's shown up a lot, yep. I mean he's kind of all over the place. You it's it's bad. So I violated my own rule already. I haven't seen him in pads yet.
Speaker 3: There it is.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's gonna matter with a Kenneth Murray because we've seen him in pads before. We've never seen this player in pads and yet maybe it's because the Titans need help it outside linebacker. Maybe it's because Harold Landry hasn't practiced yet due to illness. I don't I don't know what it is that I'm I feel like I'm giving him too much credit. But I'll say I want to see.
Speaker 2: More, okay, And that's completely fair.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not like you haven't watched a lot of players come through in the National Football but you do know.
Speaker 2: But I mean, if there's some things that they do, pads are not that you say that guy's got a little extra gear to him.
Speaker 1: I like the way the guy hustles. I like the way he comes off the edge. He just seems to be around to make stuff happen. And that's the kind of the common tie defensively that they've gotten with a Kenneth Murray, with a Jamal Adams, with a Sebastian Joseph day with cheetoh a woosey with I mean, certainly with lugerious need. They have gone out and gotten all these people who make things happen. I mean, you listen, if you want to hire a linebacker to just go make tackles, you can find fifty of those guys. They never they never sacked the quarterback, They never bat down a pass, they never force a fumble, they never recover a fumble. Some people in life just make plays.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not only making a tackle, that's where you make the tackle.
Speaker 2: Well that too, yeah, I mean you can make a tackle six yards downfield and on the on the game sheet it looks like tackle. Oh yeah, if you're making a tackle six seven yards downfield, you're probably getting your fanny handed.
Speaker 1: Well to my point. To my point is, I mean, it's not if you're a linebacker in the NFL and you're a starter, you can make ten tackles a game. But what are those ten.
Speaker 3: Tackles you're talking You're talking about impact.
Speaker 1: Impact players and they I mean taking a chance on Jamal Adams I'm all for because if Jamal Adams gets back to doing Jamal Adams things, he's incredibly disrupted well.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have You're gonna have impact plays in the game right somewhere.
Speaker 1: This is a team that had six interceptions last year.
Speaker 3: That's not enough.
Speaker 1: No, that's poor. I mean, I mean this. I mean they've got to do better. They've got to get more takeaways, they've got to to be more impactful on defense. And and it spreads too. I mean when you start to get guys you know, well, causing problems things. I mean, truthfully, when I walked in here this morning and I saw Deniko Autrey's name on the roster from last year, it broke my heart all over again because he was a guy who did that. He did he her, he was he made impactful plays, and I wish he would retire and just we'll be happy.
Speaker 7: But it's gonna play for Houston. He was big bleach, he was irritating.
Speaker 1: I love you, man.
Speaker 5: I'm riding.
Speaker 3: I'm with Amy.
Speaker 1: I'm very worried about how that's gonna go.
Speaker 3: I'm with Amy.
Speaker 4: I'm riding all the way.
Speaker 1: I don't think that, I don't think the I just I know some oti people and I'm just not sure I know a lot.
Speaker 2: Of them, but I know Amy, and I'm on this. She's she's always.
Speaker 1: Good setting you up. I'm not. She wants to laugh at you as well.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't care. That's good. I do not care.
Speaker 5: Tracking with the line of thought, I am I'm all in all.
Speaker 1: Right, so we have love it. We have to wrap up this edition of the OTP by me saying, Hey Titans fans, seat which, of course, because the Official Titans Podcast, it makes sense. I would say, Hey, Titans.
Speaker 4: Fans would be weird if you were like, Hey Steelers.
Speaker 1: That would be a bit of a that would be a bit of an upset. Hey Titans fans. Seat Geek makes it easy to find tickets so you can be part of So you can be part of the touchdown celebrations. This is new, by the way, Amy, Oh is it? Yes? Seat Geek makes it easy to find tickets so you can be part of all of the touchdown celebrations. Whether you're buying or selling tickets. Wait a minute, so whether you're buying or selling football tickets.
Speaker 3: Not what I want to say.
Speaker 1: No, seat Geek is the place to do it. Seat Geek is the official ticketing part of the Tennessee Titans. The most disruptive idea in ticketing, a ticket that works, expect the expected seat geek seak geek, that's.
Speaker 6: Yes, and that has an explanation exclamation point.
Speaker 1: It does, and you didn't feel like I he didn't, I'll hit it. So let's talk about the next week Titans a Sunday off, a light practice Monday, and then onto the pads. How does the design of practice outside of the obvious but from the coaching staff standpoint, how does the design of practice change with the addition of pads.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, you ramp up. They practicing fast, but you ramp up the speed and you go full food. They're taking nobody to the ground, but now it's full food. So what it has to happen is anytime, anytime now you're making a break, anytime you're an offensive or defensive player going to gauge with a player on the other side, you've got to have your base to you because it's going to be full thud. And and full thood is a lot different than going up and just putting your hands on somebody or just making drive bys and saying, you know, I would I would have gotten them, so full thud when full food comes with the pads on it's a different mindset as far as as as setting your your your angles when you're getting ready to engage somebody.
Speaker 4: So what that means is the collision is happening, but people aren't going down to the grounding into each other.
Speaker 6: That's full, full thood, full contact.
Speaker 1: I guess part of the design question I'm asking is guys are going to be sore?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, change?
Speaker 2: It changes, Okay, it changes, and and and and and of course all the the numbers and the dynamics that they have now that they they track and I mean, but there's just no way to avoid body soreness once you start to hit people. There's just no way to avoid it. That's just part of life. And so the thing that the players that are are cognizant of this know they already have there. They already have their their their ice baths routine ready, they already have their stem ready, they already have everything to be able to alleviate that soreness as quickly as possible.
Speaker 3: But you don't ever get away from it.
Speaker 6: Who wasn't that had all the epsom salts?
Speaker 5: Who was that?
Speaker 1: Do you remember Murray sounds?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: I had like lots of sounds like a ton.
Speaker 3: Well, everybody's got their own.
Speaker 1: Well, you find what works for you, find.
Speaker 2: What works for you, and some and some that don't. Colleges are so sophisticated now, I mean they've all had some training within this. But you will see now the way you take care of your bodies after practice and even before practice, once pads come on, it's another time frame you've got to insert into your routine.
Speaker 1: Well, this is good to be back in Booth seven.
Speaker 5: It feels really good to be back.
Speaker 7: Yes, really two weeks, two weeks we will be back here, ready to roll.
Speaker 1: August ten, August six pm, Titans, Ready on the air at five Central.
Speaker 7: That's correct, San Francisco forty nine ers come on to town.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a Brandon Ayuk be playing that weekend.
Speaker 7: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: Not for the forty nine ers, yeah, Trent Williams, Not for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: Trent probably just wants to get out of the trip.
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks get paid first, yes, and they're all getting paid around the league.
Speaker 3: You're seeing it.
Speaker 1: Well, you have to pay them.
Speaker 3: You have to pay them.
Speaker 1: I mean you just don't have any chance to pay them. And if you even remotely think you.
Speaker 2: Have a guy you have to pay, and if you don't have fifty million dollars, you're not gonna get them. Nope, that's what they're making now. That's just life in the National Football League. But this is a it's a really good opponent to open up with. It is because they're they're challenging well scheme wise, offensively and defensively. They're that's that's a challenge and they're.
Speaker 1: Well coached, very well coached. They do a good job. Yep for Ratt Brian coach, Dave McGinnis, Amy Wells, Ashley Ferrell running the show. Thank you so much. I'm Mike Keith and we appreciate you joining us for another edition of the O T. Keith